Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Barry Ridholts introducing you to the new stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg. The show brings you short episodes five minutes or less, covering the stocks making gains and losses in today's trading. Subscribe to Stock Movers on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts. Here's a sample of the latest episode from our team at Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 4: Let's take a look at some stocks in the move on this Tuesday. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Normal Linda on Tuesday stock Movers. So Newsmax, Yeah, I mean, how could you not talk about Newsmax today.
Speaker 5: I just think it's such an insane number. That's why I love talking about flowers. Right, So, we're seeing Newsmac shares that ended for triple digit gains today, up one hundred and seventy nine percent. We know, of course that Newsbacks is owned by a former New York Post journalist, Christopher Ruddy, and this company really got a lot of traction during the election time. Period they run up to the election, as people were tuning into conservative media ahead of President Trump's presidential election. This company iPod yesterday and listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The company has a market value of more than ten point seven billion dollars, but it did servege triple digits yesterday, seven hundred and eighty percent.
Speaker 4: You know, it's thirty billion dollars? Is it thirty billion dollars? Speaking now, listen, I'm with.
Speaker 2: You because that I was probably yesterday earlier.
Speaker 5: I'm outdated.
Speaker 4: Earlier in the session, I actually had noted it, and I was like, oh, it's now like a ten or twelve billion dollar market. But it just kept going up, going up. My goodness, it is a thirty billion dollar market company. It is up twenty two hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Wow a billionaire now, Oh yeah, he's a billionaire now. And just to remain contextualize this for us during our simulcast, looking at Warner Brothers Discovery for example, that's a twenty five billion dollar company. Paramount Global an eight point three billion dollar company. We're talking about, like, what about the New York Times, Because all I'm going to say.
Speaker 4: Is mid May, they're going to report their earnings.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait, so New York Times I'm just pullinting it up on the terminal. Eight point two billion dollar company.
Speaker 5: All right, we got a move The comparison's insane.
Speaker 3: We just got to move on.
Speaker 2: We'll see how long it goes for.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Stuff does not last forever.
Speaker 5: Right now, keeping kind of in the realm of entertainment, I was also keeping an eye on companies like Vivid Seats and Live Nation. We had Vivid Seats falling. I fell about two point four percent today. Live Nation did end up one percent higher. But why we've really been looking at this today is because President Trump signed an executive order. He's really trying to crack down on ticket scalping and fees. We had our call yat Kayla Gardner in DC. She wrote about this on the terminal yesterday evening. But essentially, Trump is trying to direct the FTC to work with the DOJ to ensure that competition laws are enforced in the concert and entertainment industry. I don't know if you guys remember way back when when Taylor Swift's concert tickets.
Speaker 2: Very long ago, No, I know, in my lifetime, long ago it happened just finished her tour.
Speaker 5: They were really expensive, so much happened, Sin said, but they were so expensive.
Speaker 4: So but they were expensive, they were in demand. Like is this about the fees and stuff that thank you for? But is this really about the fees that are thrown on top of everything that's.
Speaker 5: He's saying that he's urging for transparency at quote all stages of the ticket purchasing process. So I mean, of course that's not the best news for places.
Speaker 4: Demand a supply and demand, but I just feel like they can really run up run when scalpers used to buy them all and like, you know, I'm just going to throw out there, are you just hurt?
Speaker 2: I'm hurt because I don't think bonie Ver is going to go on a new tour this year, and Bonieverarr's got a new album coming out in a little over a week. This is my favorite band. I wouldn't call it an art project. It's not even a band. You guys know what you're the Bonny Bear stands no when I'm talking.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, is this something your son like?
Speaker 3: Listens?
Speaker 2: Well, he does because he's forced to listen to it, because I forced him to listen to Tony Bear.
Speaker 4: Sounds like no bony bears.
Speaker 5: You might have to do the spelling.
Speaker 3: We're over here like bony bear.
Speaker 4: Okay, come on, we're gonna get to one more PVH. This was a stock that I highlighted.
Speaker 5: Yes, a name in the green owner of Calvin Klein and Tommy Hill. Figure. We saw double digit games today, up eighteen percent. That's the best day in two years for the company, and so that it expects sales growth I know, to be flat or slightly positive. But Wall Street was thinking that they would have a percentage of half point decline in terms of percentage there for sales growth. But I've recorded a call out that some of the company's initiatives are quote starting to stabilize the business. But I mean, if you look at the stock is still down what almost forty percent this year?
Speaker 2: What's it? Jeremy Allen White, that's the uh you're finding it?
Speaker 4: You know, he's going back to the Calvin Clin underwear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Calvin Klein, the ah the Bear, Season three of the Bear. When is that happening?
Speaker 5: No spoilers, This is gonna take for you to.
Speaker 2: Get over this, you know, probably until next quarter.
Speaker 4: Yesterday or after the close yesterday when the earner bear, when is that up? And so he was looking at pvah because we were breaking down the earnings, and up pops on the screen. Is the bear and so June Underwear.
Speaker 2: June twenty twenty five. Perhaps, according to Gemini, Google AI uncited Okay Okay, potentially.
Speaker 3: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.