Speaker 1: The second date of date. Wouldn't it be cool if on first dates, instead of picking where to go, you could choose when, Like if you could take your date back to sixteenth century France.
Speaker 2: I mean, not like Friday at six. You're talking about actual time traveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back to France in the sixteenth century. Watch an archery competition together, sip some mead by a raging fire while they burn a witch at the stake.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was gonna go with the beheadings. So you know.
Speaker 1: It's the Romantic period as here, and one of our listeners says they kind of took a trip back into time for their first date. I'm curious what that means. But let's talk to Samantha. Samantha, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, how are you guys.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear what time period you went back to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first, tell us about the guy that you time traveled with. What's his name?
Speaker 3: His name is Eric?
Speaker 2: Okay you're laughing. I don't know.
Speaker 3: He might be Eric the surf.
Speaker 2: The surf like servant back in the.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, they're older.
Speaker 1: We're for that. Let's uh tell us more about Eric. Where did you meet?
Speaker 3: We met actually on a dating app.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, so that is current, that's modern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's totally modern. And he had a lot of photos on his app, and guys, I'm going to tell you got to put a lot of photos because Eric had just had the nicest smile and the kindest eyes and it's.
Speaker 5: Just like his profile.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why she was attracted to him? That's sweet. How did it turn out in real life? Did he did?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: So it took us a few weeks to kind of connect because we're both really busy, so we kind of got to know each other online. But here's date. We went to a Beatles tribute band concert.
Speaker 2: Now is this like late sixties Beetles or are we talking fifties?
Speaker 3: You know, Like these guys were amazing. They did the whole thing. They started out as like the early Beatles, like and Solvent show kind of thing, and they kind of went through and then they got there starting pepper outfits on.
Speaker 5: Submarine.
Speaker 1: George Harrison just suddenly disappeared off the stage at Oh yeah, how realistic did they get?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: They just started doing you know, more and more drugs as the show was on. Is what happened at the beginning of the concert, they were sober.
Speaker 1: I mean that sounds like it was pretty fun. Did June Eric have a good time with that?
Speaker 3: I thought we did. I mean he was into it and we were having a great time. I mean there were a mix of people there, I do have to say, I mean there were a lot of seniors going.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I actually went to a Beatles concert, I'm like, oh, well.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 7: I wasn't even born at that.
Speaker 2: Point, but I would imagine the entire crowd was pretty silver haired. Like, that's not that's not something you've got with young peoplefuse gen.
Speaker 5: Z or who's like, dad, this new band, I've done that before.
Speaker 4: An autographed from like a tribute band.
Speaker 5: You guys are gonna make it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So did the tribute band get the romantic feelings going?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about romantic feelings, but we are really great time and we were jumping around and screaming and everything, you know, scream.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you had fun. Yeah, but that's a great way to spend a first day of course.
Speaker 5: Having a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, he has the thing that we were really close to the stage, which was awesome, but At one point, one of the guys in the band actually brought me up on stage during Twist and Shout and you know, had me dance with them on the stage. And I don't know if that made Eric jealous, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Now? Okay, that would be weird to make somebody jealous. And I feel like, if anything, that'd be a red flag for you against him, not the other way around.
Speaker 5: And see a guy getting jealous like that girl.
Speaker 2: Part of the performance.
Speaker 5: Guy, you know he's going to ask her to come backstage and all that crap.
Speaker 2: At least she's wanted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The members of this band have to be like a as well.
Speaker 5: There's even more reason for him to be like, finally come back to my green room.
Speaker 2: Lady, did they hit on you? I mean, did you feel like there was ulterior motives there?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't feel anything like that. But that's the only thing I can think of that it might have done something that he wouldn't contact me. But I mean, he drove me home and we hugged before he left, and I said, hey, let's do unch sometime and he said sure. And ever since then, I've been you know, texting him and trying to nail down a time, and he's been really vague and I just don't know why.
Speaker 5: Maybe he had a silver haired fox while you.
Speaker 1: Maybe so the only thing that you can think went wrong is when you got pulled up on stage as part of the tribute band's performance. There was no other weird moments.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's something that went wrong, but that's the only thing I can think of that would be different from us just going and having a good time.
Speaker 1: Let's help you figure this out. We're gonna play a song, we'll come back, we'll call Eric for you, and we'll try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, awesome.
Speaker 1: Hold on update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 1: If you're hearing this music wondering what's going on, don't worry. You're not listening to the wrong radio station.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you might be here anyway.
Speaker 1: Please if you're thinking, it's supposed to be entertaining. But the reason I'm playing Beatles music right now is because that's where one of our listeners dates happened. It was at a concert for a Beatles tribute band. Samantha, doesn't hearing this bring you back to a week ago when times were much happier. You're doing the hand jive together with Eric.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: We had an awesome time and I just thought it was completely romantic, the whole thing. But maybe he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's not calling you back, so I think he did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never asked was the Beatles saying your idea or his idea?
Speaker 3: It was my idea. I actually have been a Beatles fan my whole life. Yeah idea, Yes, No, it was my idea. Here's a funny thing, though, I actually learned to read by following along with the lyrics on the back of Beatles album So.
Speaker 5: Hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's possible. You did mention you thought. The one maybe weird part of it was when they brought you up on stage during part of the performance and you were worried maybe Eric got jealous of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was having a fabulous time with the band members June shout dance and all that, and he smiled and he seems to be having a good time. But I don't know, maybe he was jealous of Yeah.
Speaker 2: And come on, obviously, You're gonna be the one they pull up on stage. All the other ladies would not be able to take those stairs with their head.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. We're gonna dial Eric's phone number right now. We're gonna try and get your second date update. You ready, Yes, here we go.
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi? Is this Eric?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Who's calling?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing?
Speaker 8: I'm okay.
Speaker 6: How are you guys?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's no one ever asks us that that is so nice, so.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet.
Speaker 5: I'm well, I'm pretty depressed.
Speaker 2: Terrible answers segment.
Speaker 1: Eric, We're doing a segment on our show called a second date update. Are you familiar with that? It all.
Speaker 8: Not really a second date update.
Speaker 1: That's right. So the way it works is if you go out with someone and afterwards, if that person isn't calling you back, you can email our show to reach out to them for you to help you figure out the reason why.
Speaker 6: Cool odd like we use a radio show to do a date follow up?
Speaker 1: Well, it's sort of a last resort because this person feels like they're having a hard time getting in touch with you and her name's Samantha.
Speaker 6: Oh No, I mean she's you know, she was sweet.
Speaker 8: I mean we had a cool time.
Speaker 5: You don't sound stoked.
Speaker 1: About it at all. No, I mean we're hoping that maybe you'd be willing to tell us a little bit about what happened at the concert or why you're not wanting to see Samantha again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she told us about the Beatles cover band or whatever that you guys went and saw.
Speaker 8: To be honest, I mean, I I enjoyed her company and whatnot, but it was kind of a little bit out of my wheelhouse music wise.
Speaker 5: Beatles.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 6: I mean I know some of their songs. I mean it's the Beatles.
Speaker 8: Who doesn't, But it's like she knew like every lyric to every song. And I kind of felt bad because I'm like, okay, i'll I don't recognize this one.
Speaker 2: Is the real problem. Just like you didn't have time to talk to her because she was singing the whole time. Is that what you're saying? You didn't get a chance to get to.
Speaker 6: Know her, right, Like, you know, she was kind of more into the concert.
Speaker 8: I kind of felt like a like a not necessarily a date and more like just a tag along.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well then if that's how you feel, that's okay. But why not for your next date, get a chance to know her and do something new.
Speaker 8: That's the issue because she text me and said, hey, you not a good time, and of course I replied, you know hey, and.
Speaker 6: She's like, oh, we should do this again, and she gives.
Speaker 8: Me a list of like all these cover band dates she wants to do, and it's like Beach Boys and Fiming and Garfunkle and Sleetwood.
Speaker 4: Mat It's like, yeah, Vocals, Bridge Over, Trouble Water, any of it, just say words.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she's already pointing out your future dates and they're all old cover bands, exactly.
Speaker 2: Right. I mean, obviously she just thought you had a good time. So you know, some people aren't very creative with date ideas, so she's probably just sticking to the same thing that she thought you enjoyed too.
Speaker 5: That's actually a good point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But like the cool thing about dates is varying. Like if you go do something your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to do or your partner wants to do, then the next go around it should be something that you want to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, So why don't you give her a suggestion and ask her out.
Speaker 1: Then, in fact, you can give her a suggestion right now, because she's on the other line listening and wants to talk to you Eric.
Speaker 6: Oh wait what she's well, Hey, hey, how long have you been? How long have you been on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's pretty much been there since we started this phone call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I are you.
Speaker 2: Wow, you didn't say anything bad about her. I mean, hurt a lot worse.
Speaker 3: Than I thought. You had a really good time at the concert, So I was suggesting other things that were similar, thinking that you would enjoy it and if you want to do something else, like go to dinner or something down for that.
Speaker 8: I guess I didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying I wasn't really into the old school band thing, so I kind of just didn't, you know, I didn't know how.
Speaker 6: To approach that.
Speaker 1: And then when upset.
Speaker 3: You, you seem like you're into it, And if you're not into it, you could probably become more into it more you come to see in with me.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's weird. So it's like if someone's like, oh, I don't like sushi, You're like, oh, why don't you eat as much Susie as you can, and that way you'll like it.
Speaker 1: If you do something enough, then you'll learn to love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't kind of sound like it's coming off that way, and I don't know if you mean it that way.
Speaker 3: I mean I already told you, guys, I was so into Beatles from like birth that it's if my parents hadn't introduced it to me and like played it all the time, I wouldn't be into it either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If the Beatles can teach Samantha how to read, maybe they can teach you how to love.
Speaker 8: A song.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I should have said the tribute band to the Beatles.
Speaker 8: I've already heard like two and a half hours of straight Beatles music.
Speaker 6: I think I already know how to love it.
Speaker 1: Eric, that's why you need to move on to the Beach Boys, so you can learn how to soak up those rays.
Speaker 3: I mean, Brian Wilson was a musical genius.
Speaker 2: Absolutely who Brian Wilson.
Speaker 3: Brian Wilson was a musical genius, Samantha.
Speaker 2: I think it's great that you have that interest, but why does the person you date also have to have the same interest?
Speaker 3: I mean, he doesn't have to. But this is classic stuff. I mean, he just has to experience with me and you'll know this is just an amazing and he'll love it.
Speaker 2: What it sounds like is you want to change him.
Speaker 5: That usually doesn't work.
Speaker 1: As it much happened is think they're like a really old movie or an old TV show that you loved growing up, and then you showed it to your significant other hoping that they would love it too.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My husband loves Jason Morats like a lot. It just still not on board. I can appreciate that he loves that and you're connect to that music, but it's just not my jamncers like seven a lot.
Speaker 3: Wow, I've met the man, but you developed an appreciation for it. You just said it's.
Speaker 2: More of a tolerance appreciation.
Speaker 1: Well, what about that, Eric, how about we build up a tolerance to this. We would love to send you out on a second date to help you build up that tolerance, and we'll pay for it. Does that sound good?
Speaker 8: It sounds painful, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You're doing a terrible job of selling this.
Speaker 5: Every time you guys go to an old school concert, he can take you to a news school than one of his he likes.
Speaker 3: I would be okay with that.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 2: Eric, do you do you have any artists you like?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, Bruno, Mars and Tonic. Like what those guys are doing. I think that's great and it's got a little bit of old school to it.
Speaker 1: See. Yeah, Bruno's got a little to him. Samantha, how do you feel about Bruno?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know much, but I'm willing to listen.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, maybe if you guys stay together and you guys listen long enough, you can go to the Bruno Mars tribute and we'll pay for that. Yeah, so what do you say, guys, come on, give it one more shot and we're going to pay for that date. Eric, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, I mean I'll give it a try. Why not?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Man, The road to tolerance starts with one. Yes. Yes, congratulations, you got another date.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it. And maybe we'll do dinner this time so we can talk about I've never heard dinner.
Speaker 1: Is that like a seven day? It sounds very nice. Oh, I always get.
Speaker 3: Those confused brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: That was a second eight update from a few months back, and now Eric and Samantha have reached out to the show because apparently they have a little bit of an update on their situation. What's going on, guys, Hey, hi, Eric, or.
Speaker 2: You just call it in to talk about how you're now a like huge sixties music fan?
Speaker 1: No, okay, answers?
Speaker 2: Is he on the phone? Does he talk?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely. Think she's just a little bit more excited about it than I am. But oh, what is it?
Speaker 1: Why are you more excited, Samantha?
Speaker 7: It's working out so well, and you know, it's funny you talk about the music stuff because we actually found a work around.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what do you mean.
Speaker 7: It's a little unconventional, but we actually asked the third person to join our relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh you're in a truple now?
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's not sexual. Here's what we did. We tried to take each other to concerts and stuff like that. He took me to Jack Harland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jack Harlan.
Speaker 1: Did you say Jack Harland? Yeah, Jack carlnd No, it's Jack Harlow. Okay, oh okay.
Speaker 7: Anyway, it wasn't working out, I mean.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, So we went.
Speaker 7: On Craigslist and we found a concert guy who loves both styles of music, and so wait.
Speaker 1: Do you me or you Samantha?
Speaker 6: Eric?
Speaker 1: How do you say, Eric? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Listen?
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 6: It's actually better than what it was before.
Speaker 8: I mean, for example, I wanted to go see twenty one Savage and she obviously wasn't aware who that wass in.
Speaker 9: Do you guys have friends this guy who absolutely loves music, and it's just like the perfect person to go to concert web This guy like my plug.
Speaker 5: To be honest, I don't know what he's high on, but whatever occasion.
Speaker 2: Last question, do you pay for concert guys tickets?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I assume.
Speaker 1: This guy is gonna love any band. Well, I'm glad it sounds like it's working out for you guys, So h good luck. Keep us updated on your relationship.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll see you on.
Speaker 5: The next show. Yeah, No matter what we go, I feel like you you'll be there.
Speaker 3: Guy Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning