Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted as well. Happy Monday brain Drops to start your week, I am going to recap the latest episode of the Real Housewives of Miami. Yes, okay, so we got against this episode. The ladies are back from Spain, they are settled into Miami, and the beauty of this episode to me is we got to dive more into their personal story. There's been tons of group drama. There's been tons of.
Speaker 2: Cafe look, which I love, by the way, but y'all know me.
Speaker 1: What I love the most about these shows are the personal stories, and the Real Housewatch of Miami, to me, does the best job of balancing it out. So I was really happy with this episode, and I was really happy that we are getting a chance to see more of kie Ky Bart and her personal story. Let me just tell you how this works. The beauty of me doing this podcast is because yes, I get to tell you all about my opinion, but I also like to inform you guys on the behind the scenes operations how some things work. So let me say this, Kiki is a friend to the show. When you are a friend to the show, the producers don't spend time on your personal story because you're not a housewife. Okay, so look back at like the legendary friend of who will always go down in history as the woman. Let's have a real conversation the woman who started the title of friend to the show, and that is Marlowe Patrese Hampton from the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Look love her or hate her, there will be no friends up if it wasn't for Marlowe. And that's some real shit for your ass. Marlow Hampton is the reason why we even give the title friend to a cast member who is not a housewife. So put some respect on Marlowe's name. Now, when you look at Marlowe's time on the show, before Marlowe had a peach, Marlowe was somebody that came in read the girls went back home, came in, had a lunch with Mini Leagus and sid at billies. She was a tall hanging with the smalls. Okay, but she wasn't a housewife, she didn't have confessionals, and we never dived into her personal story. Or is it doe? To all of my grammar educators who listen to reality with the King that are my fellow rain drops, is it dive or doe? Let's they go? We never dove, That's all right. I guess we never dove into Marlowe's personal story when she was a friend because that was not a part of the assignment. Now it seems to be. And that's why I'm giving ki Ki Bark her props because Kiki does not have to offer anything of her personal life to the show because she's not a housewife and she's not getting paid as much as the Mohito holders who should be giving personal story. Are you getting it? Are you getting it? No?
Speaker 2: I don't get it, okay, Josee Ryant, No, but real talk.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys get it. That's why I'm giving Kiki her props when it comes to giving us everything this season as relates to her children, her mom, and in this particular episode, her father. Now, if you listen to my podcast like you're doing now, a few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of having an interview with Keiki. So this scene where her dad was special to me because Kiki shared on my podcast, and if you haven't listened to it, find it. It's worth the listen hearing Keiki talk about the fact that her stepmother told her dad to kick her out of the house. Now, I'm gonna say allegedly only because the step mom is not here to defend herself. Okay, that's why I'm saying it. But Kiki also shared that on my podcast too, and that's tough to be a young woman and knowing that your father, your blood father, all it took was for his wife, your step mother, to call him that complain about your daughter and saying she has to leave, and her father saying yes, without ever hearing Kiki's side. That is so disturbing on so many levels. And look, I know when it comes to Kiki, you guys are giving her a hard time this season, all of you. Some of you are because of what's going onmating her and Gerty, which, by the way, I strongly believe next season her and Gerty will figure it out and be fine because it's not that deep, and it's not that deep, So cut Kiki some slack, Okay. Now, with that being said, this is the reason why we all want Kiki to be a full time housewife because she has delivered in this one season. I'm not gonna say names what some of the Mohito holders haven't throughout the time on the show as a Mohito holder, Okay, telling that story must not be the easiest for Kiki to relive through the pain of being put out on the street and you having to live with your auntie and all the things because your father's wife does not want you there and your father made the choice to listen to his wife and never contacting his child. Is fucked up. It just is. It is. It is, and there's absolutely no excuse for it. And that's why I'm proud of the woman Kiki has become, because that alone could have made Kiki be homeless, live in a shelter, hanging out with the wrong people in the streets, possibly having some sort of addiction for those reasons too. So we have to give Kiki all the props for having enough strength in herself to be able to make that situation that was horrible and terrifying, not just for anybody before a Haitian girl. Okay, it makes me say even think about it. So I love the fact that Kiki's doing that. Look, I appreciate her father for also being somebody who's able to have the conversation on camera, because it's not easy too, with the fact that look to be seen as a father who did something so horrific to their child, meaning just kicking them up the house, it's tough. So I also plau the dad for having the courage to have his daughter tell the truth and to deal with it. Now. One thing he said that I was like, this is a typical father, and this is it's just it's typical. I felt like he really didn apologize to her, but instead he said, look at how many cameras are on you today, you know, like pretty much intimating that. Look, yes, that situation was horrific, but look where got you your TV? And it's sort of like, look, yes, she made a life for herself, and yes we all should forgive our parents, but you shouldn't be taking responsibility put what Kiki has made out of the life that she was given. Yes, she made Wait is this she made lemonade out of lemons? Yes, because the life gives you limits, you make lemonade. Okay, so what'll be So listen she made lemonade out of lemons, and Dad, you give my pross from that zero zero. And that's why I appreciated awesome. Kiki said. In Haitian culture, kids are not allowed to call out their parents. And listen, I'm not Haitian, but I'm Black, I'm African American. That is true. I think in black households, you just don't call out your parents. It's the reason why if you watch Basketball Lives. It was this big thing between Jackie Christy and her daughter Chantello because Kiki's right, Black kids, we do not call out our parents. And she used the right operative word when she said aloud, we're not allowed to call out our parents because if we do, we are told I will slap you in the middle of next week. I look, I'm just saying I'm not saying they did it, but also saying we weren't stupid enough to try them. We that we that dum Okay, I'm just saying, I'm just saying it but no shout out to kikey uh. This scene was great. Kiki looks great and I was here for it. Let's get in to Lisa. So Lisa decided to, you know, have a conversation with her boyfriend Jody about the fact that she is officially divorced. And Lisa, Baby, I'm listen. I love love like anybody else does, baby, but the fact that the ink just gotten dry and you are already thinking about getting married again. I'm gonna say this because I was gonna be honest. I love Lisa, and Lisa's gorgeous. She's a cute cute cute, cute, cute, cute cute something. So Jody scaresby. He does. Jody scares me like the the monsters in the movie screen nep Campbell style. Jody scares me like Jason Freddy Krueger and Ramona's singer's eyes. Jody has crazy eyes. It's crazy than Ramona's. Jody scares me. Jody gives me Brooks from the Real House watch word chuty. Listen, y'all tell me if I'm the only one thinking of this. Lisa, run Run for the heels, Run for the Mountains, Child run Away, Okay, run Away Love and Vogue run Away Bride, do something. Just don't stay there. I just get the X from Jody. I think. I think Jody loves the cameras. I think Joe he loves the fame. I think Jody loves the attention. I think and Lisa was not a housewife. I just don't think Jody will be with her allegedly, I don't. Jody does not give me anything genuine from look from the greasy hair to you know, the crazy eyes, to texting Larsa Pippin, to you know, being a Marcus's knows I mean not knows because other things were up in there allegedly, but you know his ass Jody gives me. I feel like, allegedly, Jody is an opportunist. That's what he gives me. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't feel good about it, not one bit.
Speaker 1: I don't. And I think Lisa is so blinded by love that she can't even see straight right now when it comes to Lisa, my opinion, I think that Lisa is self absorbed, which there's nothing wrong with me, you know, there's nothing wrong with that. Ninety eight percent of housewives are self absorbed. So that's not a reading Lisa Lisa likes who likes her. It could have been a woman liking Lisa at the time she was divorcing Lenny, and Lisa would be on her Collbrade charts. Let's have a conversation. Shit, I could have said, Lisa, you're gorgeous. She would have said to me, oh my gosh, are you single? Not realizing you know, I like the men's baby, Lisa likes who likes her? And I think Jody watched the show is giving Dear John, Dear Jody baby. Vicky Govern said the little confrontation with Lisa, I just I don't know. Jody gives me the creeps anyway. So as they're talking, they're talking about Larsa, and Jody's like, I've been through so much with your divorce and all these things. And then all of a sudden, you know, Lisa talks about Larsa and look, I will say this, I didn't realize that allegedly Larsa texts Jody first. I do feel like that slightly changes things. So Jody, listen up, brother. I am on a side, and Jody, I listen, those are what I get basic off what I'm seeing on the shows a listen if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I apologize advance, but I can only tell you what I see on the show. You give me the creeps. Now, with that being said, if Larsa did text Jody first, then he responded to her, I do think that changes things, and that's the reason why ladies.
Speaker 2: Let me thar on something. Ladies, listen up.
Speaker 1: I don't care if you guys go on double dates every Friday night, take couples trips together, have three somes, four sums, five sums, or gs, groupie, whatever you want to do. I don't care. Ladies, you should not have your best friend's man's number. I think it's inappropriate. Why do you need to text your girl's man. What do y'all need to talk about? Why do you need it in the first place. If you need to get in contact with my man, call me bitch. Why I don't think couple should be on group checks. I think it's I think I think it's weird. So the fact that that Jody even had Larce's number vice versa, that crossed the line to me it was inappropriate to begin with, because this is what happens. This man feels comfortable talking to Larsa this way because she initiated a text message and listen, when I'm fair unfair, I'm actually more on Jody's side, and you know, I love Larsa, but I'm on Jody's side with this only because yes, Jody should never text a woman in general. But I do think it's different if the woman texts you first and you're responding to her. I do think that changing things a bit. I'm not excusing what he said. I'm not excusing any of those things. What I am excusing, though, is if she texts him first. I do believe that if he responds, you gave him the floor to respond. I do believe that. Now. I just don't believe Jody and Lisa she can marry. Listen, Lisa, Lisa, Lisa Lisa. I felt like Lisa was so caught up in trying to give Lenny jealous that she flung to Jody. Jody does give controlling, and look, some women like that, and maybe that's what Lisa likes. Lenny gave controlling when the girls rebuild, that Lenny would have these parties and that allegedly, you know, the girls would come over and the girls wouldn't leave until the next day. You can catch my drift. You know. That's that's controlling. If you're married to a man and he throws parties and these women who are sexy or scantony klat are at these parties, and they're in your home that you share with your husband, and these ladies don't leave until the next day. That's a form of control. And I want Lisa to understand her words to not feel like she has to get married so soon. You just got divorced. Yes, they fall in love, do all the things. I just don't think a marriage should be the next thing you do, especially because you have two small, young children. And I just think I think it's too much, and I think it's too soon. I think I did. But lave y'ad grida now Stephanie aka Regina George with the fashions of Blanche debor Breul. All right, Stephanie. Stephanie met up with Anastosia, who will help us in the name? Right? Is that Anastasia? Okay, hey, this is a fun flex so rangdof's listen up. I met on a stage before. So back in like twenty ten, Oprah Winfrey talk show was ending. She decided to enter her talk show season twenty five, and she hired a reality crew to document the final season of her talk show. So at the time, I was a film producer and I was fortunate enough to be part of the team to follow around Miss Winfrey. So one day we had to go to Los Angeles because Miss Winfrey was presenting.
Speaker 2: At the Oscars. So the day before my team followed Miss.
Speaker 1: Winfrey and Gail King to Beverly Hills to get their eyes eyebrows done, and she got her eyebrows done by Anastasia, who, literally, like Stephanie said, is like the best of the business. And at the Stasia could not be more sweet. She was so nice, so sweet, so accommodating. She actually, you know, did Oprah's eyebrows. She did it herself. At the time, she had a place in Benby Hills. I think she still does. I'm not sure, but missing herself was the one with the Oprah's eyebrows. And she was so sweet, so and just so humble. And it's nice to see that Stephanie has a friend that looks on her level when it comes to being a businesswoman. Because what we're not gonna do is this cow Stephanie as a businesswoman. I will say that I appreciated this scene between Stephanie and Amastasia because for me, it was nice to understand Stephanie more by talking to another woman who owns pretty much a billion dollar business, and the fact that Anastasia was able to give her advice and Stephanie understood everything.
Speaker 2: Ama Stata said, which is true.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, I'll say this being a boss, and I'll say this being the owner of my Company's one thing I will say for sure is when you are the boss, you have to make tough decisions. Now, the line of work Stephanie has is probably way more stressful than mine. I don't have a personality to be snippy. It's just not me. But I am very direct, and you know, I delegate. I'm not a mean person by any special imagination. And I just make decisions, don't I don't have to like I'm not pative aggressive, I'm not a micromanager. I make decisions. I delegate, do the job, and I'm gonna do my job, and we're gonna all win in the end because there's no iron team, right. So with that being said, I don't know what it's like to be a woman in this business either. And that's where I will give Stephanie some grace. The conversation she was having with Anastasia, I feel like, I'm like, I've given her three different days? Is that honest? Is Anastasia Anastasia whatever child? We'll call her the eyebrow guru baby. What I liked about the scene too, was the fact that they both talked about being women in business and how sometimes you have to be sterned because you don't want a man to take advantage of you. You don't want a man to cut you off. I don't know what that feels like. So I was like, Wow, this was good. This scene made me love Stephanie Moore. I already love her and I could still read her for other things, but I love Stephanie because I thought, in my opinion, hey camera, that this was a real moment to see Stephanie be herself and when she is around the girls, Stephanie is bossy, and Stephanie has to own up for the fact that, Sis, you are bossy and you're not the boss of these girls. These women, I think all of them right are over forty. You can't boss these women around. I think it's nice what she does for the girls. I think all of that is great. The planes to train for Amabile's all those things right. But these women have been around powerful men, and they're powerful themselves and they don't need another power, a woman to speak to them as if they have in W two that they need to get from Showma, and that is how you treat them. But I appreciate the conversation, and I did feel like, you know what, I got a chance to know Stephanie better. But Stephanie, you're the type of woman we talked thought I was hilarious. I used to be like this, so I gonna bring myself. Stephanie is the type of person where where somebody gives her advice that brings a bell, she goes to the extreme with it. So the fact that Anastasia said, look, just be cool, like calm down, don't speak to them crazy, she then just started to become quiet. When they were all on Richard Branson's Virgion cruise ship that Marisol put together, It's like, look, Stephanie, no one said be quiet, no one said don't talk, no one said don't say anything.
Speaker 2: All these ladies are saying to you is.
Speaker 1: Don't be bossy, don't want what you do for us, Just be normal like that's all they want. I'm just saying so anyways, speaking of taking things to an extreme, Audriana was not fun in this episode. And Audrianna is a fun woman. She took what Kiky said to her to heart and for some reason. I mean, look, nobody wants to be called old, but also nobody wants to call ratchet. Now. No, we discussed this last week and you said ratchet. Okay, fine, but what Keky heard was ratchet. And Keiki is a black woman. We as black folks do not want to be.
Speaker 2: Called ratchet by a non black person. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: That's why she gagged, and that's why Gertie screamed, that's coming from me. Trust me, I'm right, so key. Keith's response was your economy, ratchet, which was a dig. I'm going to dig back on you. She said you are too old. She did just say you look old. She didn't say you dressed old like Stephanie. She didn't say you act old. She said you are too old, meaning your age should be acting like that. Well I guess she did. You acted old? Okay, bye, okay, child, she did say, you act old, honey, but look, you called a ratchet, so all is fair in love and shade. It bothered Audriana a great deal. Gerni tried to talk to her, that didn't work, and then at the table the girls tried to talk to her. She looked visibly upset about it and sad. And look, Audreana is gorgeous, She's she's one of the most beautiful women on Bravo. She's a beautiful woman. And Audriana is fantastic television and I don't see this show without her. She's a great villain. She's also hilarious. But if Keith, Keith can't get over you calling her ratchet and you made wretchet, she already apologized to you for the old comment. But again, what I liked about that moment between Audrina and the girls is the fact that there is something deeper going on in Audreana's life to where that word truly affected her. Because again I didn't think it was a big of a deal.
Speaker 2: But nobody also has called me old, so I'm not here to say how she should feel. But that's the reason why you can't sit up.
Speaker 1: There and try to read a girl, and when she reads you back you start crying.
Speaker 2: It's just it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work that way. So in this episode, we are also setting up the fact that Larsa and Lisa are going to make up. I gotta be honest with you. I don't care about this beef anymore. Between Larsa and Lisa. I'm kind of over it. It's to me, it's not that deep. It was deep in the beginning. I feel like they both are very stubborn and they both need to just say, look, we both made a mistake. I did this, you did that. Let's start a clean slate today. But they're both refusing to do that. I think it's overboard. Personally, I did I'm just saying. And then Lisa, you can't say you're confessionals. The dig about how Larsa is an only fans take, you know, taking topless photos and maybe talk to people's husbands. I mean, granted, it was a good red Baby, but that's not going to help as Larsa watches it and you expect to be bestie's again. I'm just saying. But overall, I enjoyed this episode. There wasn't a lot of drama, but I liked that because we had so much drama in Spain that it was nice to settle with these ladies, get some personal story happening. But Baby, next week, all hell breaks loose and it appears that Stephanie is on a mission to go at it with Marisol and I absolutely handwait. Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership with the Lack Effect Network. You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore