Speaker 1: Hey Vests, Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Today on the bright side, we're popping off on the biggest pop culture moments of the week.
Speaker 3: It's Super Bowl weekend, y'all, and we've got some insight on what to expect with this year's highly anticipated halftime show and how the commercials may be a little different this time. And from the super Bowl to the bedroom, have you ever wondered how clean your bed really is? We've got the cringe worthy truth. It's Friday, February seventh.
Speaker 2: I'm Simone Boyce, I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright side from Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday Vesses.
Speaker 3: Earlier this week, the world's most accurate meteorologist, punk Satani Phil saw his shadow predicting six more weeks of winter, and judging by the weather across the nation this week, looks like he wasn't wrong, right Danielle where Thank god?
Speaker 2: I feel bad for everybody in Chicago and New York and the East Coast. I'm sorry, guys. More weeks is not fun, but I have a prediction for today. We're gonna have a blast. Joining us is Emmy Award winning producer bright Side Bestie and our very own showrunner Tim Palizola.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to him.
Speaker 4: I love the air horn. Yes, it's official. Hi Hi, Hi, Hi, So glad to be back.
Speaker 1: I was practicing my airhorn while I was in Jamaica.
Speaker 5: You guys good. Yeah, we're happy to get that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, both of you have had some really exciting weeks. Yeah, you've both been traveling. You both attended some conferences, Simon, and tell me about what you were doing in Miami.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So I was in Miami hosting nat PE and Real Screen. It is a gathering of the producers that make all your favorite reality TV shows like Bravo and docuseries, true crime series.
Speaker 1: But it was really interesting.
Speaker 3: There was a cameo from Tony Robbins there and I got to introduce him Danielle. I shook his hand. The man has the best handshake I've ever felt in my life. But he he was there to talk about this new TV network that he's launching, which is going to be inspirational, motivational, kind of that Tony Robbin's signature.
Speaker 1: But amazing. And this was my first time that I had ever seen him.
Speaker 4: Oh, first time, first him at Real Screen or first time with Tony Robbins, first.
Speaker 1: Time with Tony Robbins.
Speaker 3: I had never been to a Tony Robbins event before, and by the end of his talk, I was like, Oh, I get it, Like he yeah, I totally get it. He started talking actually about what we've been going through in LA with the wildfires, and he said that he actually lost his home twenty years ago and went through that process of rebuilding.
Speaker 5: Lose his house in a fire as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, he did.
Speaker 3: And he brought up the hero's journey kind of to just pump everyone up in the room and inspire everybody. And he said that when life throws trials and tribulations are away, heroes view it as a call to adventure, which I thought was a really cool way to reframe challenges.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, Tony's so exceptional. He everybody in the self help world basically rephrases everything that Tony Robbins has created. He is like, I think that's so cool that you shared a stage with him. He's so remarkable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Danielle, how was your trip? My trip was really good. I was in New York.
Speaker 2: I was part of that winter that we were talking about, but it was really beautiful. I went for the Clinton Foundation Winter meeting, and it's basically like the private sector of social impact leaders and geo's politicians, organizers, philanthropists, and everybody's goal is to try to make the world better.
Speaker 1: First of all, I felt so small in that room. Everybody's brains were so big. That's how you know you're in the right place. Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: It was incredible.
Speaker 2: And what I thought was really cool is they have these sessions. I was in the women and Girls session, in the storytelling session. There's AI and technology, like all these different spaces where there's experts and there's facilitators asking you, what are the topics that we need to be thinking about, how should we be covering them, trying to figure out how to really have solutions. Because the Clinton started this because they would go to all these meetings and w'd be like, oh, great meeting, and nothing happens.
Speaker 1: So it's very solution oriented.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've talked about on this show a million times my obsession with Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten to meet her.
Speaker 2: I've been in the same room before, but this was the first time I saw Bill, Hillary and Chelsea on stage together. And at the end, there's probably like one hundred and twenty people there and secret service.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 2: They stayed to meet people because they're genuinely interested in chatting. So I went up to Hillary and I brought her book Something Lost, Something Gained with a pen and I said, Secretary Clinton, I've read every word you've ever written.
Speaker 1: Would you mind signing my book?
Speaker 2: And she said absolutely, and she signed it and I started crying and I was like, Danielle, get it together, get it together.
Speaker 1: I could not get it together.
Speaker 2: And she looked up and my eyes were bombing, and I was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: You just mean so much to me.
Speaker 2: And she was like, oh, you're so welcome, Danielle, but she was very like put together and moved on to the next person.
Speaker 1: Danielle's crying right now, you guy, I am crying.
Speaker 2: It was such a like I felt like my whole life was slashing before my eyes.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: But then I went up to President Clinton and he was like the exact opposite. He was so chill and fun.
Speaker 2: And he was like, I heard you're working on our Creators program.
Speaker 1: We need you.
Speaker 2: I was talking to him about jazz music and took a selfie and I was like, their public personas are so exactly who they are.
Speaker 1: It was really funny.
Speaker 5: That is amazing.
Speaker 4: Well, while you guys have had these amazing, trailblazing weeks, I went to the grocery store twice, I took my dog for the walk, and yeah, yes.
Speaker 5: We have been putting together some really amazing shows.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I wanted to share with all of our listeners out there that next week, in honor Valentine's Day, all of our shows are going to be about love and relationships. How to nurture the relationships with others, the romantic ones, the ones you have with your friends, and most importantly, how to nurture the relationship you have with yourself. So stay tuned for next week. We've got an amazing lineup of shows.
Speaker 1: Fire lineup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Besties, bring out the wings, the dips, and the drinks. Because this Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. It's not just any Sunday. The Kansas City Chiefs are going head to head with the Philadelphia Eagles at Caesar's Superdome in New Orleans and kickoff is at six thirty Eastern times, so you know, get all the snacks ready to tune in a little bit early if you want to watch the national anthem and all the pregame festivities, including the Puppy Bowl.
Speaker 1: Which is amazing. Are you guys watching the game?
Speaker 2: Are you watching Kendrick Lamar at the halftime show?
Speaker 1: Do you care about football?
Speaker 5: Tim?
Speaker 1: You want to take this out?
Speaker 5: All star?
Speaker 4: I'll say I love the come of the Super Bowl and sporting events. I haven't been following the NFL lineup, but I love the halftime shows, I love the commercials, and I love the camaraderie of it all. I have a joke with some of my friends every year we talk about instead of getting together to watch the Super Bowl, we always say, do you want to get together to watch.
Speaker 5: The Beyonce show?
Speaker 4: Or do you want to get together to watch Jlo's performance? So it's a little bit it's a little bit like that. But yeah, I'll be hanging out with friends this weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm here for the wings and the culture. That's what I'm here for. Yeah, I think there's going to be a.
Speaker 2: Really big rivalry because it's, first of all, it's in New Orleans, which is neutral territory, right, uh huh, But everybody wants Taylor Swift's boyfriend to win again. Yes, I don't know if that's how the story plays out. Jalen Hurts on the Eagles has an all female management team, okay, first NFL player to ever have that, and he's hot AF and he's smart. This I need the Eagles to win. Everybody who's listening in Filmiladelphia, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm team Eagles for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My brother is from Philly, so I'm repping from my brother. Okay, yeah, all right, it's amazing. Yeah. But Jalen Hurts is fine, fine, AF. He is so fine, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So fine that he almost looks like like an actor, right, like, not like he looks like an actor playing a football player.
Speaker 4: Because he's so fun embarrassingly oh yes, right, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: So obviously, like with the Super Bowl, the commercials are such a big deal. I was reading this morning that Alex Earl, who's an influencer, is going to be a commercial, and I don't know that that's really happened before, not to my recollection.
Speaker 1: This is interesting. First of all, how.
Speaker 2: Much is she getting paid for that? But so much there's like a turning of the tides here. I'm curious to see what they're like.
Speaker 3: I love this for her I Actually I love how relatable alex is. I love how open she is, Like I've really related to her acne journey, So I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Go Alex An editor in chief of ad Age, did say that they felt brands are going to play it safe this year, meaning big celebrities, pop culture moments, nostalgia. They're not really going out on a limb. You know, obviously they release and you know, usually brands released some of these commercials ahead of time. Michelobe Ultra did a fun one Hellman's Reunited, Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal at Katz's Delhi with you so Adorable.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 3: I love when a brand does that, like tap into some cultural nostalgia and just serve it to us on a steaming hot platter at Katz's Delhi.
Speaker 4: Totally, these super Bowl commercials are going to be the ones that we're going to be talking about for a really long time. I actually went online to look up some of the best Super Bowl commercials of all times. Yeah, and if you look across the internet, a lot of sites have their list of the best super Bowl commercials, but it came across some that have made all of the lists. One of them is too eights e Trades Talking Baby do y'all remember that one?
Speaker 1: So the Dancing Baby.
Speaker 4: It was literally the first time you saw a baby move with his mouth. They do, they did some like.
Speaker 5: Special I remember this.
Speaker 1: Yes, we were.
Speaker 5: So innocent, We were so innocent.
Speaker 6: Fact.
Speaker 4: Then Yeah, there was also twenty eleven's the Voltswagon. It was the Force Awakens with the like the three year old dressed is Darth Vader who puts his hand out to stop Voltswagon.
Speaker 5: There was a big one from nineteen ninety three. It was McDonald's.
Speaker 4: It was Michael Jordan versus Larry Bird in a free throw match. Nineteen ninety five's Budweiser with the Frogs was I definitely remember that Budweiser and then two thousands Budweiser where they were going what's up?
Speaker 5: What's up? That was so yeah.
Speaker 3: Capable at school in the nineties like that do each other right?
Speaker 1: That was my dad used to text it to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that was really the power of all these Super Bowl commercials, is they really like bled into the zeitgeist. Yeah, in form culture. And there's one that made the number one across all of these lists. I was not familiar with this commercial myself. But it's a nineteen eighty four Apple commercial where they introduced.
Speaker 5: Macintosh for the first time, and it's.
Speaker 4: In a bit of a George Orwellian inspired commercial that's poking fun at his book nineteen eighty four in nineteen eighty four, and the tagline was you'll see why nineteen eighty four won't be like nineteen eighty four, And that was when Apple introduced Macintosh computers.
Speaker 3: So I just googled this commercial as you were talking, and on the right of Google tells me how much the budget was. It says it was from about four hundred thousand to nine hundred thousand. I guess I never really thought about how big the budgets are. That's like an indie film budget. They're literally shooting like indie films.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I am so looking forward to this year's halftime show. Kendrick Lamar is the headliner and the show comes just week after he won five Grammy Awards. Now, Kendrick, we've already seen him perform at the Super Bowl. He took the stage in twenty twenty two alongside Doctor Dre, Snoop dogg, Eminem, fifty Cent, and Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blige.
Speaker 3: That one was a highlight for me and I think for millennials all around America. But this time will be his first time headlining, and Sizza will also be joining him on stage, so you know it's going to be a good time. I'm also hoping for a Dochi cameo because Doci's on his label.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Docie, Sizza, Kendrick like, I.
Speaker 5: See it, I see it.
Speaker 4: I Also there is a huge rumor that Taylor Swift is going to come out and join for that and do a version of BATA.
Speaker 1: Did you start the rumor?
Speaker 5: I'm starting a rumor now.
Speaker 1: Who said that?
Speaker 5: It has been all over the place.
Speaker 2: What Yes, No, they said that last year too, because of Travis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I don't you say no, you don't think that. I personally don't think it's to happen either.
Speaker 3: But that would be some whiplash, But that would be Yeah, that would be some auditory whiplash going from Kendrick Lamara Taylor Swift in the same halftime show.
Speaker 4: We'll say, we'll see, but I anticipate a lot of special guests. I mean, he collaborates with some of the most amazing people out there. You mentioned Sizza. He's done stuff with Beyonce. Obviously she's probably not showing up.
Speaker 3: But Danielle, I have to ask you about your hear me out crush your boy Drake. Do you see your boy with all the bullet holes and the smoke coming out his back?
Speaker 1: Is he's still here? Hear me out? Simone. I saw that video and I cringed so hard. I was cringing for you. I wish I.
Speaker 2: Could take that whole episode back, I really really do.
Speaker 1: It was so achy.
Speaker 2: I'm so corny, and it's not even gonna hear me out anymore.
Speaker 1: No, it's bad. I mean the fact that not like us want a Grammy just like.
Speaker 2: Really solidified the the end of Drake.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 5: This was the end.
Speaker 1: It was the end of hearing Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say something a little out of pocket, say it. I huge Kendrick Lamar fan. He's an artist, a poet, He's brilliant. I love listening to his music. Do I want to watch an entire live concert from Kendrick?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So I'm really looking towards who he's going to bring out to make it a little bit more exciting for me personally interesting is that?
Speaker 4: Well, what I think is interesting about Kendrick as a choice. I think a lot of us know and love his music and have been following. But I'm wondering, Like, I don't think my mom knows who Kendrick Lamar is. And when you think of a lot about who some of the halftime performers have been over the last ten years, they have been these acts that have just universal appeal. So I'm wondering what Kendrick's going to do. I'm super excited, but I think there's I think there's going to be a spec I think there's going to be I think he's going to bring out a lot of guests.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be out there.
Speaker 4: Do you guys, I mean, obviously we know who Kendrick is, but do you think your parents? Do you think he has that type of universal appeal?
Speaker 3: My mom would be horrified to listen to Kendrick, Like, my mom is so conservative with music, Like, I don't know if she's ever heard a rap.
Speaker 1: Song in her life. That's hilarious. Your mom's a quaker.
Speaker 3: Basically, Yeah, she listens to smooth jazz all day long.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that.
Speaker 4: But maybe this is an opportunity for you know, because I mean he has a pull up surprise, He's won seventeen Grammys. I wonder if this is an opportunity for him to have that super main crossover appeal. Yeah, this huge wide audience, So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping for what Simone said, I want some doughchi dochi to me is like our generation's Missy Elliott like this or the next generation's Missy like the creativity is off her.
Speaker 4: Grammy's performance was astounding and her speech, her speech, I'm still thinking about her speech.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Okay, so I actually have a job that I want to create where I like, I'm a ghost writer for celebrities for award shows.
Speaker 1: So good at that, Thank you so much. I think we all would.
Speaker 2: But I want to create the job because they need help, and like it can make such a moment like remember Matthew McConaughey's speech or Doci like really got people feeling something like you have this world stage, do something with the moment, and Doci did it.
Speaker 5: She did.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say she did do something with that.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a quick break from popping off, but we'll be right back, and we're back to popping off with Tim Pallazola. Okay, wait, super Bowl is not all that's happening everybody. Valentine's Day is exactly one week away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you like Valentine's Day? Or is it an ick?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: It happens every year.
Speaker 4: There was something really special about it, and I would I will say it's special, but it doesn't have the same fantasy.
Speaker 1: Tim and I haven't relaps.
Speaker 5: For many years.
Speaker 1: It's just I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 5: It feels performative at this point. Kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, like my husband and I love each other to death, I don't know, it feels like an obligation, you know, like I am looking forward to for us to go on a date night because it's been a minute. We've both been super busy, so I appreciate that it is forcing us to like take time out of the daily grind and just be intentional, right, But it also feels like an obligation.
Speaker 1: Like are you buying each other gifts?
Speaker 5: Or no?
Speaker 3: I want to get him a gift, but I don't really know what do you guys have any ideas? What do I get from a man on Valentine's.
Speaker 7: An Apple TV Yeah okay, yeah sure if apples talkie a walkie talkie for what they love?
Speaker 1: Men love walkie talkies. What kind of men are you dating? Danielle?
Speaker 2: To ask your kids here? You have two boys. Tell me they don't want walkie talkies.
Speaker 1: They're four and three years old. My husband's forty two. What's he going to do.
Speaker 6: With Sometimes you don't want to call someone, You just want to, like Michael here calling in simone come to the kitchen sounds so intimate and romantic.
Speaker 4: I would say we over time have gotten less about gifts and it's a little bit more like acts of service. I will say there was one year we had a lot of fun. We category was a Tachi drug store Valentine. Oh that's fun.
Speaker 5: I like.
Speaker 4: So we went to the drug store and just got each other a bunch of like silly, fun gag gifts and that was just it was just really funny. I love the day because it gives us an opportunity to pause and connect. But you know, we've been intentional with our relationship for a long time that I don't know if I need the Valentine's Day to affirm the relationship I think that's where I get stuck with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if I get us a staycation at a local hotel?
Speaker 4: I think the experience or something like that sounds really nice for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds yeah.
Speaker 1: Danielle, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What are you? What are your Valentine's Day thoughts?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We heard what happened recently in college.
Speaker 1: I want to have like a Chelsea Handler Valentine's Day? That's my goal.
Speaker 5: What does she do to gallons of vodka? A little lemonade?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I wasn't here for that one, No one, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Like, I've always felt that it was just kind of contrived, but it is actually rooted in history, and if we can reframe it and think about the day as like asking ourselves the question like how can we receive love and how can we give love to everybody in our lives more thoroughly and thoughtfully? Like I think it's it's sort of a nice reminder. That's what traditions and holidays are for me. They're more reminders than anything else. Because I'm with you, like, I definitely don't.
Speaker 1: No offense to him. I don't want drugstore chocolate you.
Speaker 8: Know, sure, well no, wow, she just read you for film, but not listen if you I wasn't giving it without.
Speaker 4: Irony and right, but I will say all that shit got thrown away or the dog is now playing with one stuffed animal that we have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need other crap.
Speaker 2: But wait, okay, my last question about Valentine's have you ever gotten really bad Valentine's Day gift?
Speaker 1: Like something that you were like you had to pretend to.
Speaker 5: Like, never really had that.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think honestly, we're like a very low key couple. We don't really do We're not like extra, we don't do that much like he gets he'll get me like chocolate covered strawberries, and I love that because I love chocolate covered strawberry. Right, I will ride for chocolate covered strawberries. So I haven't Yeah, I haven't had like a bad experience.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't had a bad experience.
Speaker 4: But I'll be honest, if if someone were to like vacuum and clean the bathroom, I would be hot for days, get.
Speaker 2: Your car detailed, take out the trash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that type of.
Speaker 2: When you're single and you have and you're like dating, Valentine's Day gifts have a lot more pressure, Like you really have to be thoughtful. I think it's hard for men. It's like, what do you get women like curse pajamas? You don't want to be weird and get lingerie Like.
Speaker 4: There's just a lot of weird pressure, especially when depending on how early you are into the relationship, because I feel like men feel like they have to make a huge gesture yeah at that time, and that could be a hit or a miss for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well, obviously celebrities do a ton of extravagant gifts for Valentine's Day. In twenty twenty three, when Ben and Jennifer Lopez been Afflet and Jennifer Lopez celebrated their first Valentine's Days a married couple, they got tattoos commemorating their relationship. So j Lo got an infinite infinity sign with Jennifer and Ben written in cursive, and Ben got two arrows crossing one another with the letter J above the arrows and the letter B below.
Speaker 5: Messy.
Speaker 2: I wonder what that tattoo has turned into, right, thinking.
Speaker 1: The same thing they turn it into something else.
Speaker 3: I just would you guys ever get a tattoo for someone? No, like a romantic partner. No, I would get my dog tattooed on me, but I don't. I would not do a romantic partner.
Speaker 5: So funny.
Speaker 4: I feel like the moment you do a romantic partner, it's a time that the relationships over. I think it's there's something about a curse.
Speaker 5: What do you think you think?
Speaker 1: Do you have one?
Speaker 5: Oh no, Oh my god, sign.
Speaker 1: I don't have a name. Oh my god, my mom? Can we block my mom from this episode?
Speaker 5: Does go away for two minutes.
Speaker 3: So you're Jewish and you have a tattoo, I'm a romantic partner.
Speaker 1: It's a double whyomy for Gianna? Oh god?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I only have one tattoo. They've my parents have seen it.
Speaker 1: They hate it.
Speaker 2: But it's I've shown it to you. It's on my It's looks like all my prayer hands. It says elo on one finger and ve on the other.
Speaker 1: It's love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so when you look down it looks like you're praying. And I always it does mean like to remind me to come from a place of love always. But I did get it with a man who has the same one, and we do have a photo of it from the tattoo parler.
Speaker 4: Does it have new meaning for you now? Like what do you what do you think about when you see the tattoo?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Do you still equate it with him? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do, but I when I got it, it meant something to me personally also, so it doesn't feel weird or sad, but also like I really loved that relationship, so I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: It's not somebody's name.
Speaker 2: Sure, And it was during it was during COVID, which like I had like my I was so straight edge in college, so when I had no job during COVID, it was like me living out my college years.
Speaker 1: So like tattoo my first tattoo, did the relationship end well, like on good terms?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did with a lot of love, like the tattoo bege okay.
Speaker 3: And then when you were deciding to get the tattoo, like did the thought enter your mind like well if this doesn't work out, like what how did you do?
Speaker 1: Have such a good question?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which that was It was really important to me to get something that I would always like where the relationship went and I do love and how.
Speaker 5: Far into the relationship. Were you great question tattoo? This is this is the this.
Speaker 1: Is popping off, this is yeah, this is really popping off.
Speaker 2: Like two years okay, okay, year and a half.
Speaker 1: Two years. Not impulsive.
Speaker 2: And he's a tattoo person and I had never gotten a tattoo. Originally, he was like, you should get it on the inside of.
Speaker 1: Your lips and no one ever sees it. And I was like, it's a little too much for me.
Speaker 3: I know a girl in college who had like wild child like something like that, like on her lip.
Speaker 1: She was a destructive.
Speaker 5: Imagine going to the dentists and hygiene. Oh, okay, that is script around your guys.
Speaker 1: My dad is my dentist. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: I was about to be like, who would ever get a tattoo with their partner?
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 2: No, you can say it, believe me, I get it. You would never do one with Michael.
Speaker 5: But do you have any tattoos?
Speaker 1: I have no tattoos.
Speaker 5: I don't have any tattoos, have no tattooes.
Speaker 3: Oddly enough, I was just with my college covin and we were talking about like getting a friend tattoo, but like, I wouldn't get one with Michael, like, it's just like it's like you saying like with your dog, Like it's just there's something about I don't know. I'm yeah, it does feel like a curse or something that scares me.
Speaker 4: Were there are times where you wanted to get a tattoo and didn't.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I'm a tattoo girly like I'm I'm I'm historically quite indecisive, and so I think if I got something I would be I would be nervous that I wouldn't like it.
Speaker 4: Eventually, I'd be really nervous that they did an age. And I'm happy that the impulses I had when I was eighteen nineteen twenty to get tattoos I was I did not get them because I don't think they would have aged very well.
Speaker 1: I don't eat that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was one time I was going to get a tattoo with a friend and it was like two in the morning and we were on Sunset Boulevard and the tattoo artist that it was like, you guys are way too drunk.
Speaker 5: I cannot go to you a tattoo.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad I don't have a lightning bolt on my forearm.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, all things being said, Danielle like you chose very well.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is. It's a really.
Speaker 3: Classy, cute semure prayer ams tattoo.
Speaker 1: Thank you for backpedaling. I love you both.
Speaker 5: Does anyone ever look at you and go who's low? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get confused.
Speaker 2: And my brother for some reason hates it, He like, really despised it.
Speaker 5: I like it. I think it's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I'm wishing you guys for Valentine's Day. I'm wishing you the same gift that David Beckham gifted his wife Victoria Beckham, which is an.
Speaker 1: Eight million dollar Bulgari diamond and a ruby necklace. I wish that for both of you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, sure, I'm sure it's at my house right now.
Speaker 1: I receive it. I receive it.
Speaker 5: Sure, it's right there.
Speaker 3: It's time for another short break, but we'll be right back with Tim Palazola. And we're back with Tim Pallazola. So from Bulgari diamond Valentine's Day gifts to the bedroom. I want to talk about a recent article in The Cut all about bed etiquette, basically how long you should go without washing your sheets and whether it's gross to wear your outside clothes on your bed. I know people have a lot of strong opinions on this. This has always been a hot topic. Before I give you the hard cold facts from the experts, I want to hear your takes, Danielle. How often do you wash your sheets and do you wear your outside clothes in your bed? If it's just me, I probably do it every two weeks.
Speaker 1: I'm actually in every two weeks.
Speaker 5: Person two, I think I'm every two weeks too.
Speaker 1: In my head it every week.
Speaker 4: In my head, I think I do it every week. I think it's probably every two two weeks.
Speaker 3: Two weeks is when we have a housekeeper, and that's like when it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the outside closed thing.
Speaker 2: Though, I have to tell you I don't do outside clothes on my bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I just have some.
Speaker 2: Sort of weird It's like, especially like your plane clothes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, something about plane clothes and suitcases. I wouldn't So what do.
Speaker 3: You not to like take this in a weird direction, but like, what do you guys sleep in? Are you guys like hardcore pajama people or no? No, just T shirts shirts. Yeah, I'm the same. I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But okay, well you have the real you have the real tea on what you should be doing exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this article recommends that you should wash your sheets and pillowcases once a week.
Speaker 5: Okay, I think we all can.
Speaker 3: One doctor actually suggested showering nightly for max mom cleanliness.
Speaker 5: Oh interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's going to fit into my lifestyle. But when it comes to outside clothes, according to a board certified doctor who spoke to the CUT, you shouldn't have them on your bed. So bags, suitcases, coats, clothes that have been worn outside.
Speaker 1: They just say you should keep it off the bed.
Speaker 4: I will say, I break that rule. I'll come home and throw a coat on my bed. Yeah, yes, I'll do that. But yeah, what did they say about like a douvet or like a comforter? Do they go into any specifics there? Because I washed my sheets probably once every two weeks, but I don't think I washed my duvet that often.
Speaker 1: You know what, they didn't say anything about it.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to say, you're doing great, okay, I'm going to give you a clean doctor.
Speaker 1: Simone, You're good.
Speaker 5: I'm not dead yet, so that's good.
Speaker 3: Oh fun fact for all the moms and dads in the audience. They also suggested sticking stuffed animals in the freezer once a week to disinfect them. I should do that. I've never disinfected my kids stuffed animals. I'll wash blind dogs toys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they slob her all over them.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Well that's what do they say about pets. My dog sleeps with me. That's probably not very healthy.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to ask the cut Tim, You're gonna have to look it up.
Speaker 5: She's like, Hey, there's this new thing. Have you heard of it. It's called Google. Try it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: On that note, I think I need to go home and watch my sheets exactly.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, this has been This has been a really revealing day.
Speaker 1: This has been so much fun. Tim, thanks so much for.
Speaker 5: Joining us and go Eagles.
Speaker 1: Yes go Jalen, No, go Jalen, go Chea.
Speaker 5: Well, it's great to see you all.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend, you too, Tim, Thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Tim Pallizola is our bright Side bestie and showrunner and an Emmy winning producer.
Speaker 3: Well that's it for today's show. On Monday, we are celebraating Valentine's Day week with a conversation all about self love. Author Megan Kane joins us to talk about our book Party of one, Be your own Best Life Partner.
Speaker 1: We'll see you then.
Speaker 2: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. The bright Side is a production of Hello Sunshine and iHeart Podcasts and is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 1: Production by Arcana Audio.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Jessica wenk Amy Padula and Laura Neukom. Our senior producers it'si Hintaniya. Our engineer is PJ. Shahamat additional mixing help from Zach Schmidt.
Speaker 2: Arcana's executive producers are Francis Harlowe and Abby Ruzka.
Speaker 1: Arcana's head of production is Matt Schultz.
Speaker 3: Natalie Tulluk and Maureen Polo are the executive producers for Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Julia Weaver is the supervising producer, and Ali Perry is the executive producer for iHeart Podcasts. Tim Palazzola is our showrunner. This week's episodes were recorded by Graham Gibson and Joel Morale.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Anna Stump and Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Lighthouser Special thanks to Connell Byrne and Will Pearson.
Speaker 1: I'm Simone Boyce.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Simone Boice on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: And I'm Danielle Robe on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's R O B A Y. We'll see you Monday, y'all.
Speaker 3: Keep looking on the bright side.