Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of my bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky, Joky, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, and he I ghosted.
Speaker 1: As nandaz Plase.
Speaker 2: Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. I got to talk to my dear old friend James Odomian, who is such a hilarious comedian, an incredible performer, and he is an impressionist and uh, he's he's just the best in the biz. And whether you realize it or not, you've definitely heard his voice in different you know, cartoons, and he's he's always on Jimmy Kimmel doing impressions, and he's been doing these impressions for years, and he finally now has his first special out, which you can watch on YouTube. He'll tell you about that. So I'm so happy to talk to him. Turns out he also has a great ghost story and we hear some of his famous impressions, so that'll be coming at you soon. Let me read you a ghost story real quick. This one came to my email from Sammy and Sammy is writing from the United Kingdom. Sammy writes, my father was a priest interesting and for a while we lived in a vicarage in Pentton, Devon, Okay. This all sounds very haunted. The local kids all knew our house as the Haunted house, and it seems they were right. When we moved in, the hallway light would flicker. My parents chalked this up to faulty wiring and called in an electrician. They didn't find anything wrong. Over the years we had wires and parts and fuses replaced, and the only explanation we ever got from any electrician was everything looks fine, that shouldn't be happening. Weird. It still flickered when we moved out nine years later. The dogs used to growl at empty corners, the cats would hiss at seemingly empty space. Then there was the time we went out for the day and when we got back all the upstairs windows were open. One Christmas, my parents and my siblings were all in the living room, and as I stepped in to join them, one of my dad's Bibles flew out of the bookcases to my right and landed open in front of me. On the first page. Of the Book of Revelations. My dad never believed it was haunted. He had blessed it when we moved in, so as far as he was concerned, no ghost could be there. Sammy, Oh my god, thank you Sammy. I love I love British ghost stories. One of these days I'm going to get out there. I really am just dying to go to England and I want to go to some spooky old places and do some shows or something. One of these days is let's manifest that maybe for this new year that's about to happen. I am going to be doing some shows very soon. I am about to be in New York City at Littlefield in Brooklyn. I'm doing Ghosted Live. That's the eighth Sunday, and then I'm going to go to Helium in Portland on the eleventh Wednesday, and Seattle. I'm going to be at the hereafter on the thirteenth doing Ghosted Live and stand up that night. So get everything at linktree dot com, slash roz Hernandez. Okay, let's talk to James Adomian and the many voices that go with him and with the show. Oh my god, we have a real voice over professional A recording a recording artist. I'm gonna say, James Adomian.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oz. It's great to be here.
Speaker 2: You've already explained to us how microphones work.
Speaker 1: I admire your sure sm seven B. It's a good microphone.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That's exactly right. Studios for you, they get the best of the best. Well, you do a lot of cartoons and stuff like.
Speaker 1: That, and a lot of them here in Bourbonk. It's I've said this before that Burbank is where half the cartoons in the world are made in the city of Burbank. Oh interesting because there's Disney and Nickelodeon here and Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: Up here, and there's like independ in studios. My favorite part of Burbank is that there's what I call chicken bone stores, which are like there's like quite a few on Magnolia, like these stores where you get like a necklace, but it's a hamster's claw, Like it's like weird.
Speaker 1: Like one off stores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my audience loves that kind of stuff. I I attract the chicken bone necklace audience that loves like a repurpose like a they'll sell like a taxi dermied mouse. But it's like on a stripper pole.
Speaker 1: Burbank has these little shops. It's it's oddly walkable yet both car oriented and so it's designed for people to like park and then walk around a block or two and like go to some.
Speaker 2: Places totally and you stumble upon a chicken bone place and then a gun store.
Speaker 1: Yes a story weird because there's like a comic book store that has liberal comedy shows and then across the sheet street is like you don't tread on me guns yep, bourbon gun.
Speaker 2: Ammo got Burbank. So, James, I'm so excited you came out here. I've known you for a minute.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: I've never heard your ghost stories, but I hear that you have one.
Speaker 1: I do have one.
Speaker 2: Do you believe?
Speaker 1: So I don't believe, and yet I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lissa, I'm like that too. I've got a lot of these where I'm like, I don't know, but it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always try to search for an explanation that, you know, if possible. One thing is I don't rule things out where it's like, who am I to tell someone that they didn't see something? You know? I wasn't there, you know, sure you could have perceived something the wrong way, but also yeah, it was right next to him military base. Maybe it was just airplanes, right, secret airplanes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's why your house was shaking.
Speaker 1: That time, right. And some of it sure is like maybe sleep deprivation and you're seeing things or share different states of consciousness.
Speaker 2: But there's also a thing where it's like ignorance is bliss, like okay for me when it comes to UFOs, I don't know about any kind of planes, helicopter, I don't know anything. So to me, a lot of things are unidentified flying objects.
Speaker 1: To be fair, ignorance in your case is terror. Yes, d SR seventy one blackbird might as well be a creature from beyond?
Speaker 2: Is this Vincent Price?
Speaker 1: How could I resist?
Speaker 2: I love Vincent Price? I want his cookbook.
Speaker 1: I have one, he has several h it's one of my prized possessions. Someone gave it to me. It's god, I should have thought to cut that out. Don't let them think they're missing something. No, no, no, it's fine, I'll bring it next time. It's it's a Mary and Vincent Price's cookbook. And it's like a survey of a history of American kitchen.
Speaker 2: Well he also do you know about his Witchcraft album?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, he has an album that I have an eBay alert on that. I don't want to make anyone that's listening like want to go out and buy it for me. Don't don't do that. That's fine.
Speaker 1: I've heard an album of his, but I don't think it's that one. Unless that's the only one.
Speaker 2: We won't be able to play it. But there is clips online. It's called let Me see Vincent Price Witchcraft Magic an Adventure in Demonology.
Speaker 1: An Adventure in Demonology.
Speaker 2: And there are excerpts that you can hear online of him explaining demonology. It's from nineteen sixty nine. It's so cool, oh my god. And it has like the track listing. Here's track number two, Preparation for.
Speaker 1: Magic, Preparation for Magic, side to.
Speaker 2: Track one, which tortures the world of spirits and debons.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's so funn Let.
Speaker 1: Me make up, Let me make up. I'm gonna imagine a couple of them. Chapter the fourteenth, the Necromancers strikes once again.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's actually not wrong. Well, side three, Track one, How to Communicate with the Spirits Yep, Gerald York and necromancy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I skipped the head too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not off, which I kind of relate to him because I maybe I'm wrong. I don't know his full bio, but I feel like he was just an actor that did a couple of spooky things and then before you knew it, he's like, Okay, I guess I'm just gonna teach people about demonology.
Speaker 1: One of the jokes I made in the early days was when I used to do Vincent Price a lot, I was like, I was like, did a sketch where I was like speaking to the homeowners Association and I was like trying to get them not to condemn the mansion. And I was like, I assure you, I am not a madman, merely an actor who has played a madman his entire life and is now quite completely done with that lifelong role.
Speaker 2: There's no escaping that for us when we see him or hear him.
Speaker 1: I used to see him as a child, always on TBS, when TBS during the daytime only showed like terrible black and white movies, and then he was in the ads because he was still alive in the eighties, So he was in ads for all kinds of stuff. You would see him in an ad where he was making fun of himself basically, and he'd be like, mildew horrible, mildew stains Hylex brand tile cleaner kills, mildew did Okay.
Speaker 2: So back to you though, So you like to rule out if it's a ghost or not, You like to rule out any possibilities.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I hope keep in mind open. Uh, it's possible that there's just simply other dimensions here that are existing at the same time. Also, you know, so there's things that are only perceived if you are sleep deprived or brain injured or stressed out or something like that. Or what do you think we're usually apathetic?
Speaker 2: What about if someone's like drunk or high. Do you think that that helps to.
Speaker 1: No, I mean nothing helps.
Speaker 2: Is that a good thing?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, the brain can play tricks on itself too, And so I generally am I generally am like agnostic about a lot of things. So sometimes something's just an interesting story, and it's really like the belief that makes it interesting, the fact that anyone believes in it, whether you do or not. Right, right, this is the this is the trick of the campfire story.
Speaker 2: I suppose that is what what I really have learned over these years is like, like, I'm more focused about the on the people that are telling the story. That that, to me is what's so fascinating.
Speaker 1: That can be fun where you start people watching the uh, the person delivering the story. Yeah, is it a faulty narrator, but still.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, especially when you hear a story that's like this scientist says that he was in a haunted house, right, I'm like, well, if you're a scientist, you can't be lying.
Speaker 1: Well, sure you can. This is the trick though scientists. Scientists can make mistakes, and sometimes this happens a lot in the world of like quack science, where someone has like an accomplished scientific career and then they're like, well, aside from that, they use their credentials from that to be like, well, this, this, this, and this actually weird.
Speaker 2: You say that because there's kind of something I wanted to talk about later in the show that's similar to that sort.
Speaker 1: Of Yes, the delimitation between science and madness itself.
Speaker 2: Wait, who is that?
Speaker 1: I'm just doing a you know, a sensational voiceover.
Speaker 2: Guy, God, you're fun to be around. There's not just one person. There's a lot in there.
Speaker 1: One never knows the realities that can come to the foreground when one enters ghosted the podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounded so cool.
Speaker 1: Use it clip it.
Speaker 2: Can you do a Liberaci because we have this Liberaci doll?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, it's a little I don't know if I'm gonna do it. Justice It's okay. TV did a pretty damn good Liberaci.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, it's actually not far off from Vincent Price. I feel in like some ways, like I think it's a similar tone. But anyway, Okay, so tell me a story.
Speaker 1: There's one main ghost story that I do classify as a possible ghost story because I have no other explanation except two or three possible things that could deflate the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'll judge.
Speaker 1: Sure. I lived in a house I rented it along with six other people. Where was this Hollywood boom boom? When was this two thousand, two thousand and nine or ten?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the year I moved here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was We lived in a large house with a bunch of people that were in a sketch group. Together and I was old it wigs everywhere exactly, wigs and fake guns, you know, the perfect place for a murder. And there was a It was one night and everyone's Usually it was a loud, sort of always constant party place, but this was I don't know what time of year it was. Maybe people had gone away for Thanksgiving or something, and so it was a relatively quiet night at the place. This is over on Wilton anywhe bum bum Wilton.
Speaker 2: See, so this is not Hills, This is like the city.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is the city. Is near Wilton in Hollywood, Wilt North Wilton Place. The house still stands, but not for long. It's all boarded up and I'm afraid they're gonna tear it down. It was a big old house and it turned one hundred years old while we were living there, old old craftsman house falling apart and.
Speaker 2: Saying it will be an ugly hotel.
Speaker 1: Fortunately probably something like that. Yeah, I wasn't there alone, but it was such a big house. There was like, you know, there was only a couple people around at the times. It was me and maybe you know, two out of the many people who lived there. And it was late at night, and I had fallen asleep. Now, the TV also was not on. I remember this because you know, like you don't fall asleep with the TV on. It might the electromagnetism distracts the mind from other forces that might be trying to communicate with you. Yes, so it was. It was just totally quiet, and I had fallen asleep downstairs. I was not in my MI. I was drunk all the time back then, but I can't say I was particularly drunk.
Speaker 2: Okay, just mildly drunk.
Speaker 1: Maybe just the baseline level of at a few beers. But I was spending twenty nine or thirty years old, and so I passed out on the couch. But I did that a lot. It's not just like for me. That wasn't like a wasted drunk thing. Very often, I would like read a book or you know whatever, just be doing something and fall asleep.
Speaker 2: I love sleeping on a couch.
Speaker 1: It's hardwired into me because of unfortunately comedy touring. I did so much of it when I was young that I find it comforting at certain times. So I sleep on my couch at home now, and I have a bed, and I don't always sleep on the couch, but it's just a perfectly valid place where I.
Speaker 2: Sleep sometimes totally.
Speaker 1: I'm now forty four years old. I still am like have in my mind where it's like, yeah, you know, you got to crash out. You know, you never you got to crash out and wake up early.
Speaker 2: But it's amazing if you have the ability to fall asleep place. Because now, because I'm such a couch sleeper, if I am like in a green room and I have an hour, I can like just fall right asleep.
Speaker 1: Of course you can't, yes.
Speaker 2: But I have a giant circle shaped nineteen sixties bed.
Speaker 1: I used to, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I sleep on the couch because I just like it.
Speaker 1: The beds for special occasions. I suppose I used to have a round bed, and I regret so much that I had to get rid of it when I moved from LA to New York. Briefly, I couldn't get it anywhere, store it anywhere, and I kept the cover and then kind of just rolled the foam into the street down the way and it's like, bye bye, I'm going to New York.
Speaker 2: And I found it that day.
Speaker 1: But maybe you did. A round bed is such a beautiful thing. It's like no one has them, and they're so fun to hang out on and like have lorech of pillows piled up.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm trying to become polyamorous because I could fit like literally four people in this bad.
Speaker 1: And people love it. People round beds. That's like the greatest Deproallysia. Yeah, so I was not sleeping in my round bed, which I did have at the time upstairs. I was downstairs, fell asleep on the couch. It was about three or four in the morning. It was like it was like the dead of night, nothing happening. There was not a lot of lights on. Uh maybe there was like a light on in the kitchen or something, but it was like it was just it was kind of nice and quiet. It's also worth noting it was not complete dark. You know, it was somewhere between, somewhere between light and dark.
Speaker 2: You're really you're really giving us these these details. I feel like this is I'm scared of it.
Speaker 1: It might let you down. There was a presence, m do you like that? Do you like my dubstep horror movie soundtrack? Dubstep music seems to have gone out of fact, should accept it's thriving in the world of horror movie soundtrack.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and then they just slow down a famous song, you know, like that's what they always do these days.
Speaker 1: Help I need somebody, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's all we can use is.
Speaker 1: That there was a presence that was standing over me from behind the back of the couch, but leaning right over and because it was you know, the couch had the back open in the room, you know what I mean, not against the wall. So there was this presence standing like a tall person looking down at me, and it felt like I was touched. It felt like somebody touched me and was trying to wake me up. And I woke up and for a second was like who did that? And then noticed that no one was there, and then thought someone was hiding behind the couch and I was like what and no one was there, and then I realized the present was still there. Not hard to describe this, not like visible like in a Scooby Doo cartoon, okay, not someone where I could have pulled it off and would have. I would have gotten my way with it if it weren't for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was Liberaci.
Speaker 1: You had actually usually And then I realized it wasn't going away, and I was awake no, yes, I yelled very loudly, you got the fuck away from me. And I jumped up over the couch and sort of ran and pushed this presence, this energy as hard as I could back up against the wall. And then it was.
Speaker 2: Gone, Okay, that is a man right there.
Speaker 1: Me that was oh, I'm just a queen.
Speaker 2: You ran towards it.
Speaker 1: I did run towards the ghosts, but then it disappeared. But then there was this it wasn't like audibly laughing at me, but there was this like energy of like, haha, didn't get me, and it was gone.
Speaker 2: First of all, that ghost should not be cocky, because it did leave, like you did get it away and you went right up to I bet you that ghost over It's many years of being a ghost has always had people run screaming. Listen, I've heard thousands of these stories. People don't run towards it.
Speaker 1: Well, This was a house that had been lived in by many, many, many many people since like nineteen eleven or whatever when it was, or nineteen thirteen, whatever it was. It was a big, big house, so lots of different people, like families and like it had at one time been lodging for seminary students for the Catholic Church trying to be priests. It had been inhabited by a couple of different groups of like hippies in the sixties and seventies that you had at different times used it as a commune and a couple of different Like I know, there's a screenwriter, Josh Olsen, who actually lived there in a different time than I did, who told me some of the stories about it later on.
Speaker 2: Did that did he have any uh?
Speaker 1: I haven't asked him that. It's a good question. But also, oddly enough, it's no, this is not necessarily remarkable because Charlie Chaplin lived is famous for living in many plates places. You lived everywhere, He lived everywhere. It's one of the places that Chaplain lived in.
Speaker 2: Also, did this guy just like do a week here, do a week there? Because I swear to God that is how it is that and Marilyn Monroe lived here.
Speaker 1: I think it's because they didn't. They hadn't invented like gates for houses back then, so if you got if people found out that a famous person was there, you had to be like, well, we're moving.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: It is not wrong about that that could be.
Speaker 2: I thought, you're gonna say he would just walk into houses and live there because there wasn't a gate.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles was so new that the hedges hadn't had time to grow up, so they were there were like these little tiny bushes everywhere. It didn't protect you.
Speaker 2: So if you were to guess what that was, I mean, what what what would you think? Do you think it was a spirit of a I did a priest? Did a priest come visit you in the middle of the night?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I didn't. It didn't seem malicious. It seemed in hindsight, I felt a little bit guilty, like maybe I should have given the ghost a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could have You guys could have done a comedy duo, because I thought.
Speaker 1: Maybe they just wanted to reach out and chat and hang out or be like, hey, you're an impath, you can see me, you know. And I maybe overreacted. So I thought about it, and I looked it up, and I talked to some people, and I then after that up in my room, I lit a candle a couple nights in a row and put out some whiskey and like said some nice intentions where it's like you know, I'm sorry, you know, hang out, but don't don't try to scare me. Yeah, you know, a negotiation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally give it some whiskey. It'll be fine.
Speaker 1: And that's been my policy now since then. If I was in like there was a there was a theater that had there's lots of theaters that are haunted, but there was one in particular. I used to hang out it a lot. The cook in the Cave in New York and other places where I know that where there's a story that there's a spirit, you know, whether I see it or not. Sometimes I'll just be like, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Or give it whiskey.
Speaker 1: You know it's expensive. You don't want to just be wasting.
Speaker 2: You can't just give whiskey. Yeah, it's like it's not Santa with milk and cookies.
Speaker 1: Also, some of the some of the ghosts are like, thank you, I've had too much over the centuries.
Speaker 2: Yes, So of those other people that lived there when you lived there, did they ever have stories?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I'd have to consult them one by one to interrogate them about.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't a well known like we all know there's the ghost in the living room.
Speaker 1: No, but there I guess there were people who had been like it was constantly, did you guys hear something or hear some or not hear something because there was so many people in the house and it was kind of a party place. I would only think of this as remarkable because I was alone and no one was around. No, like there was no one. There was this giant, like one large room on the first floor kind of with no doors, and there's no there was no one around.
Speaker 2: That's a really hard environment to live with that many people.
Speaker 1: Uh, maybe I was just stressed out.
Speaker 2: Well, what I'm saying is like to note there's a ghost or not, you know, because it's like, why are there dirty dishes?
Speaker 1: And the it was a ghost like the ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, I do have vivid dreams sometimes, but I don't think this was that because my dreams are different. I don't have physically imposing dreams. Is that a way to Yeah, I don't have dreams that feel like somebody's hovering over me and poking me. Yeah, I have adventure dreams that I and I try to write them down when I wake up, But it's a very different sort of like mindscape the dreams that I have compared to this sensation.
Speaker 2: I'm just so impressed by you the way you handled that that is insane.
Speaker 1: That I was like, well, that's probably the peak of my young life at the age of you know, twenty nine or thirty, probably the peak of my ability to yell at yell at anything and be able to back it up in any way.
Speaker 2: That it's really it's very impressive. Are you. Are you single at the moment?
Speaker 1: Sure? I don't know how to answer that.
Speaker 2: These days ballas if you are looking for someone that will scare a ghost off in the middle of the night. I mean, that's impressive. That's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Well more, I've learned since then to maybe not try to scare them off, but just try to like be like, Okay, here's a treat, go on your way. Yeah, I think sometimes I think about it, and I was like, I was too mean.
Speaker 2: I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: It's probably fine. They're dead anyway, right, they're already dead. I mean, it's not like it's the worst is they're going to be disappointed.
Speaker 2: I lost a friend, Yeah, but you know, it made a good story though.
Speaker 1: It did, And I do think about it sometimes and I can't recall that it's happened since then. It was a maybe a unique thing to that house, or you know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes what I've learned from here in these stories. Sometimes it's not even connected to the place. It's like, who knows, somebody threw a ghost at you when you were walking down the street. You picked one.
Speaker 1: Up somewhere, sure, who knows?
Speaker 2: Who knows, right, And it was just a one time.
Speaker 1: It's like a video game in that way.
Speaker 2: And that poor ghost was like, okay, never mind, God sorry, Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Ghost is like I just wanted to know if I could have some of your cheeses.
Speaker 2: So I was thinking we could do something fun and interesting and unique and different that we've never done on the show.
Speaker 1: I usually have a.
Speaker 2: Strict real no impressionist, but there's.
Speaker 1: One why why of all the we have so few rules here?
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. You're definitely my favorite impressionist.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, it's an honor to be here.
Speaker 2: No, I've always loved your impressions so much, And if anyone has the opportunity to see James live, it is such a fun experience to watch all the different people you embody.
Speaker 1: Funny enough there are opportunities to see me live.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, okay, yes, make sure you're listening. People.
Speaker 1: I list some of those on my website and I'll recount them at the appropriate.
Speaker 2: Hour, please. So I was trying to think of you know, Wikipedia gave me a couple of names that you've you're famous for. I was, you know, I was thinking from my own experience of being a fan. Over all these.
Speaker 1: Years, we've done so many things together in the show business on the boards, you know, we've really such a oh dear old friend.
Speaker 2: Really really, so, I was thinking, maybe some of those people have ghost stories. So I found let me see here, I found one, two, three, four that have ghost stories.
Speaker 1: If you're down, did that you've looked this up? That these they actually have them?
Speaker 2: Honey, I was spending time. I was going Mike Lindell ghost story. Literally, my Google history is like Eddie Pepatone Aliens.
Speaker 3: I were stuffed into a trunk of a link of toe car in Minneapolis. I let me tell you, it was ten am before they open it up, and I had ghost a whole time bumping her out and hight her spare tires.
Speaker 2: That's more than what I found. There was no Mike Lindell ghost story.
Speaker 1: Right, is the ghost story?
Speaker 2: He is the ghost story and you could see him.
Speaker 1: I would have gotten away with it. Two if it weren't for you durt meddling kids.
Speaker 2: If you ever see him on Jimmy Kimmel Live, that is jameson Doomia.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's I'm the my a little guy on Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 2: Uh So if I give you some names, would you be willing to give us a little idea of what that might.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's try. Let's guess. Let's guess the ghost story, right, Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to tell you like a prompt like where it was?
Speaker 1: Or um? Sure? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 2: Paul Giamadi, Yeah, well, while uh playing Hamlet.
Speaker 1: Of course, there it is. I was. I was cast in the role of Hamlet. I cashed myself because well, let's face it, I've been middle eight since I was fucking born.
Speaker 2: But there was a coach.
Speaker 1: I was playing Hamlet. I was doing all the parts myself, and what do you know, I forgot the lines. I was bombing bombing as the tortured Prince of Denmark and then well, what do you know, fuck me? It turns out I was right there on stage and I said a last poor yorick, and I was holding the skull up and then it started talking back to me. He said, litten, fuck face, you're not pushing tickets, and I said, that doesn't scam with Shakespeare's.
Speaker 2: Portfolio, honestly, not far off. This is what scares me about when we perform in these haunted theaters, Like I always think about if I saw a ghost when I'm on stage, like that would destroy me, like the fear of like, oh my god, I still have to do, especially like a scripted.
Speaker 1: Time I was on stage. This wasn't a ghost, but like from the back of the room. I was on stage at this comedy theater and they had all these like pop culture things that you know, very often you're on stage and you've got like a picture of Richard Pryor and Bill shit that you have to ignore while you're doing comedy. But this one they had all these like pop culture characters and straight in the back directly facing me was a giant wizard Gandolf as played by Ian McKellen. The whole time there was the Scandolf staring at me from the back of the room like do you really think that was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I so, Paul jam The skull did not talk back to him, but it was his dagger, so.
Speaker 1: He a very short and small dagger.
Speaker 2: Okay, the dagger did not tug back to him, but.
Speaker 1: You know what's a delicate dagger. It's not a great weapon, but it's a fantastic little shine cut.
Speaker 2: He was on Steven Colbert and he was telling him that when he was doing Hamlet at the at Yell Repertoire at Yale Repertory.
Speaker 1: That's right, and forty.
Speaker 2: Year old Hamlet in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: A gray haired, bald fucking a Hamlet.
Speaker 2: So he's on stage and he's like, where's my prop dagger? And he can't find it anywhere. And then during intermission the stage hands are searching the stage, they're looking for through the audience. They can't find it anywhere, and then they find his dagger in an act too, on a piece of scenery that he says was one hundred feet up in the air, even though the dagger was on him when he first started the show. Mmmm, he says, it was a ghost. See this was great, that was great. Can we keep going?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, terrifying the terrifying tale, Paul Giamani and the al Tagger ghost.
Speaker 2: How about Gary Busey, Ladies and gentlemen and the soup ghost Raj.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. I'm firm, firm, and I treasured this opportunity to come forward and talk about these issues with a creditable witness here because I've talked to this, I've been on the BBC, I've been on Chinese Communist News, and the only person that has given me a platform to talk about the truth of the supernatural is here right on this program.
Speaker 2: That's what we do.
Speaker 1: And I believe in ghost, God's hell only Satan transgendered. I don't know if I like that one.
Speaker 2: So he says, quote, I had a ghost one time come out of a big plate of soup. I had plates of soup, a big bowl of soup. He corrects himself. It was called a soup ghost, he continued.
Speaker 1: It was the ever gaged into a bowl of soup and seen the supernatural. That's the that is the that is the kind of important wordplay that can lead you towards the path path of victories or a path of devil deviltry.
Speaker 2: It could have been like a ghost of a klam, a clam chowder ghost or something.
Speaker 1: Look the clams. We've seen Alice in Wonderland. The clams are down there. They have bonnets on. Lady, gentlemen, this is this is the truth. The walrus and the carpenter were trying to lead us down the path of truth.
Speaker 2: He says it was a good looking ghost because it was covered in vegetables. He says, that's my kind of broccoli.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the broccoli is horning down there, Ladies, gentlemen, I've looked. I've looked the soup in the eye. Sometimes the waiter brings a bowl of soup. Uh, there's a French onion soup, or like you said, a clamshowder or a good ministroni or something, even if a spot show. I will PLoP my face right down there and I will gurgle through the liquid and say, waiter, there is a genius inside of my soup. And I wait for the response, because that's the word of Heaven.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Cary, beauty.
Speaker 1: You know what heaven stands for. He everlasting, always vets every necessity.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't believe you get because I have seen him do that thing. Where does the yeah, I guess acronym for every.
Speaker 1: Word, always creating redundant observations. Never your mind.
Speaker 2: Wait, soup is supernatural?
Speaker 1: Well that's just that's just a that's a contraction. Oh that's soup is just simply short for supernatural.
Speaker 2: The ass is supernatural.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, but that supernatural observation is under penalty. Wow are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm going to rip it off and see if Gerry PC is really in there.
Speaker 1: I would not have gotten away with it because I would have turned myself in if not for you meddling kids.
Speaker 2: It says that he was heading out of Ralph's one day in Malibu and uh TMZ asked him about seeing ghosts, and that's when he gave us that wonderful story about the soup ghost.
Speaker 1: I love that he's the one guy that TMZ interrupts on the street and he's like, oh, I'm I'm grateful to talk to you. I'll sit here, I'll talk to you for forty five minutes. TMZ is the one that's like, it's like, okay, we're done, let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: That's a nice There's more.
Speaker 1: I have more to say.
Speaker 2: This is more than we can use.
Speaker 1: Ralph is funded by the macis.
Speaker 2: So moving along. We've got Mark Marin who claims he experienced a ghost in nineteen eighty eight, eight in New York City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I don't know. It was a summer in Ducaucus. Everybody's everybody thought, Ducacus, who's gonna win. It was eighty eight. We were young. We were doing the New New York thing. I was on stage. I was I was on stage at the cellar. I was on the stage of cellar. It was bombing. It was bombing, and then I got off and there was nobody at the table. He turned the lights out and then suddenly I was levitating. It was the ghost. It was the ghost of It was the ghost of Sam Kennison. Fuck, it was the ghost of Sam Kisson. He accused me of stealing one of his jokes. I said, look, let's talk it out, man.
Speaker 2: Wow, God, I love Mark me if wait, is the under culture still out there? No thanks for asking, but I mean, like, is it's still it's out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was.
Speaker 2: There's an episode where you played Mark myren and our dear friend, Our dear friend, Sam Pancake, Sam Pancake, Thank you I forgot to Sam pan Cake plays rip Tailer.
Speaker 1: That might be the best interview we did on the culture. There was my podcast that ran for a year from the pandemic killed it. It was twenty nineteen to twenty twenty. It was the under Culture on Forever Dog and it is very funny and it still exists. A lot of it's on YouTube or Apple podcasts, but the whole thing is on the website behind us. Very very one dollar pay one.
Speaker 2: That was one of the funniest pieces of comedy I have ever heard. Both of you were just so on.
Speaker 1: I was Mark Maren and Sam Pancake was Rip Tailor, and I was trying because it was a conversation I imagine, I just wanted to hear this, and so I was like, Rip, come on, let's get down to it Rip, and he would. Sam Pancake was hilariously. He told me he was going to do this, not listening to anything I was saying or asking, and just railroading. But it was appropriate because that's what Rip Taylor would have done it.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like when Gallagher was on Mark Maren.
Speaker 1: We wanted it to be like that.
Speaker 2: Then he kind of walked out at the I'm like off book On this episode of the under culture. I've listened to it so many times.
Speaker 1: I love it too. I think there's a short clip of it on YouTube that might be my favorite interview from the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: Oh well, so Mark Maren's real story, we don't know much about it. Hopefully one of these days we'll get him in here, because I love Mark Maren. But he basically was replying on a very short TikTok. Someone asked him, they said, is it true that you saw a ghost in nineteen eighty eight in New York City? And his quote was something moved a chair, but I was really high.
Speaker 1: That's a full I love how literal Maren does. I don't buy any of the stuff, you know, you know the They didn't light any candles, he didn't ask anybody, There was no I didn't do any taro.
Speaker 2: Something moved to charity with high.
Speaker 1: I don't believe in any of this bullshit. I don't even believe. I don't even believe in the John Lennon song about what you don't believe in.
Speaker 2: First of all, this is the most talk of heterosexual men we've ever had on this podcast.
Speaker 1: This is sorry I do. I basically do drag as unattractive. No, Maren's hot, Maron's hot, okay, but generally either grumpy or unattractive. Man.
Speaker 2: Straight men are an underrepresented group on this show, and so it is nice to sometimes talk about them.
Speaker 1: I get locked in because I don't know, I can't. I have to do the voices.
Speaker 2: You do the voices, and you do them. Well, okay, here's the last one. Elon Musk sells his thirty million dollar mansion because he says it's creepy.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously, I lived in bel Air for quite a while, and my god lived in bel Air for quite a while. And I was trying to solve humanity by getting us to Mars, because you know, sitting in traffic to who long to get to sant Monica or long Leach or something, And so I thought, well, why not just get there faster? And while we're doing that, why not make it any longer journey. So let's get to Mars. Well, I started to see these terrible visions of blood.
Speaker 2: And that feels normal.
Speaker 1: I realized that that was what I was aiming for, Like AD asked for a per sanguinem, you know, to the stars to blood that I wanted to have, like a lot of people die, similar to other great works of ancient kings, you know Ozumandias or the Pharaohs of Egypt, Like, you're not going to build a pyramid without a certain number of people being buried alive. And I thought, what a greater monument than Mars. And that's when the hallucinations started, the ghosts appearances, where I saw these terrifying ghosts of these creatures that didn't want me to accomplish my plans. And they would be like, oh, we're like, we actually like Earth and we don't want you building a platform to the stars over our bodies and the bodies of our children. And so that's when I decided to tunnel deeply with my my special tubes. It's tunnel so I didn't have to see the ghosts, but it just got me closer to Hell and different kinds of dements. So even pretty pretty cool, pretty like l cool.
Speaker 2: God, he's so cool and so funny.
Speaker 1: I'm like really cool.
Speaker 2: Lots of children, he's like the coolest guy, like of.
Speaker 1: My many children were or we'll even read my Christmas cards when I said them.
Speaker 2: So who was that podcast? Called full sand podcast?
Speaker 1: And right on miss clip promoting dangerous conspiracy there pretty obviously like normal.
Speaker 2: He says that, yeah, has forty seven acre home er Land. The house that was on forty seven acres, he said that he would hear a lot of noises and you know, doors open sometimes, but he kind of doesn't believe that in ghosts.
Speaker 1: But right, someone tried to someone tried to make me believe that. Oh no, there was an explanation for it. That there were like younger guys that were like opening doors and bringing their girlfriends in or like having sex with some girlfriend or wife that I was with at the time, and there would like farcical like opening of closing of doors and stuff, and that I never saw them. But that's obviously not an explanation. It had to be ghosts.
Speaker 2: It was probably the kids. There's probably so many kids. He forgets how many kids there are in the house.
Speaker 1: There are at any one time, like twenty three or maybe even like twenty five kids, and hard to keep track because sometimes they slip in and out of existence because of my various experiments with dimensionality. So that was that you did it so right, And so looking forward to going to suplim places like Mars where if there's a ghost. We will actually like merge with the ghost and become sort of like like a half ghost, half human, hybrid species, half alien and looking forward to this just to be able to go through rocks so I won't have the tunnel anymore with my tubes, my magnetic shoes, and these are ghosts. Also that conveniently, the ghosts I see, I've programmed them into Tesla's. If you notice when there's a little people on the sidewalks when you're driving a Tesla or in the back of a Tesla or something, that there's like people on the sidewalks that kind of disappear just as you're about to run into them, that's the kinds of ghost I see. I see human beings as ghosts. It's a lot like the Chamalon film, except for me. I don't see dead people. I just simply don't see living people. Instead of them, I see like ghosts of stalks that are that are you know? There there as an advisory in my warning panel on the Tesla, like not to avoid them, but just to let you know that if you should desire to, there's someone you can run over that way.
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding you. People do upload to TikTok them driving their Teslas through cemeteries and spooky places, and there's it picks up humans on that thing, right, it's it's that, aren't there.
Speaker 1: The Tesla automobiles is designed to pick up lots of false signals.
Speaker 2: Sounds safe.
Speaker 1: There are dogs that the Tesla would be like alert, alert, like this is the President of the United States, this is a great visiting foreign dignitary, what have you. And then sometimes there would be like, for example, Tesla's don't see nuns nuns if they're wearing the habits of Catholic nun. The Tesla just simply doesn't pick it up because of the black and white interference. So they're in danger. And I think in the future we're going to have to put them in underground shuttles or simply ship from Baltimor.
Speaker 2: And that is sister Act three. The plot. James, let's do something untoward, let's do something a little spooky. And by the way, thank you for that segment. That was amazing, Thank you incredible.
Speaker 1: There's less, there's less of that where that came from.
Speaker 2: You can see James live, do you know right now? Give them a couple of dates.
Speaker 1: Yes, jamesdomain dot com and my link tree, and I try to post these on social media. I'm gonna be in Arlington, Virginia at the Arlington Draft House this month in December, and then in early January, I'm going to be at Good Nights in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm mightna be there in November.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful, right, I just was there there.
Speaker 2: We do record this early, people know that.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to be at hel You in Portland.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be there in December.
Speaker 1: So I'm there in early January. So there we go. We're on the same track. Oh my god, we're in the circuit and there's other dates and stuff coming together. And you can so James adomain dot com or my link tree which is Jadomian just like my Instagram.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Can I show you a haunted doll? Yes, okay, it's time for a segment I call the dolls are Living. So what I do is I go to eBay dot com. I look up haunted dolls. There's always thousands of haunted dolls being sold and sort of the idea is usually a living person died and somehow ends up in a haunted doll that is now being sold on eBay. That's the story that these people go with. They come with backstories, and today we have one that doesn't necessarily look scary, but it has a backstory to it. This is a doll named Lil Choppy, Little Choppy. Lil Choppy, Little Choppy, and Lil Choppy is going for thirty four dollars and ninety nine cents. Geehash show was Lil Choppy? Please you got it?
Speaker 1: Rose three dollars ninety nine cents.
Speaker 2: Nope, thirty four dollars thirty four So it's basically a little Chihuahua beanie baby looking thing.
Speaker 1: I know this one though. It has batteries and it barks and moves. I bet if it's the one yep, I can see I've had one of these before. Oh it has a video well similar, it's similar to the one I had? Yes, okay, does he bark? Well not?
Speaker 2: This one probably just puts curses on you because Lil Choppy is spooky, honey.
Speaker 1: The one I had, I actually gave it away. It's a little slightly different than this, but I gave it to an ex boyfriend as a joke gift. That was like, uh, there was like, hey, this is you this.
Speaker 2: Did you put a spirit inside? Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything like that. It was just like this is a joke, like, hey, this is in case you're wondering, this is this is like how uh this is how you are to me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes well it says, uh, this is Lil Choppy and she is one of the sweetest and funniest dolls I've ever encountered. Okay, so it's not that spooky. It's a it's a sweet one. She's kept safe and clean by a spirit keeper.
Speaker 1: Now that that's you. You the owner put that into it.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, since they already had many good encounters with her, they wanted to pass it on to someone with good vibes. Now wait a minute, now they change the pronouns because it says he was a comedian who loved improv and making people laugh. So there's an there's an old Dell close, there's an old Second City or cast member.
Speaker 1: Oh it's John Candy. Oh you know you know what. They're very interesting breed.
Speaker 2: He died of a rare illness. There's always a little bit of a sad the always gotta tell you did that Little Choppy died of a rare illness. Didn't tell me when he was sick. Okay. His life's mission is to be there for you, make you feel better and give you more abundant life.
Speaker 1: He sounds sweet.
Speaker 2: He loves children and animals, safe to keep in a house and keep inside of the house.
Speaker 1: I'm a mog, half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And he'll bring joy and good luck to you. He will be sweet and welcoming to those who come into your environment.
Speaker 1: Also, he can sell shower curtain rings. He could be an annoying travel companion, but you grow to love him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, John Candy, I listen. It very well could be. And now he's reinvented himself as Lil Choppy. And it says he's an encouraging schore. No, he's an encouraging spirit that will say positive affirmations and jokes to you, and he will provide sweet dreams while you sleep. So that's a little choppy. Thirty four dollars and ninety.
Speaker 1: Mins, jumpy. I admire your body of work.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do one last thing here. Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh, finally someone else doing voices it's time for EVP or ev please EVPs electronic voice phenomena. It's when people believe they've captured a ghost speaking they record it. Yeah. Yeah, So what I do is I go to eat to YouTube and I find two EVPs, and I'm gonna play it for you. You tell me you're you're you're really an expert in the world of voices. I have a feeling that you're gonna be able to listen and pick out what we're here in here. Uh, you know, it's funny sometimes they have like you'll watch like a documentary about this stuff, and they'll have like a recording engineer expert that is listening and decides, oh, this is a real human speaking or whatever. I'm curious what you might think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get all these self declared experts. Somebody who's like, oh, you got designated as a credentialed professional witness by the local county court. Save your credentials. I'm not interested. As Bruce Lee said, your black belt is only used good for holding up your pants. I want to speak to me like I'm a full citizens. I want to judge on the evidence alone.
Speaker 2: This will be interesting. This was posted by Razor Baby one.
Speaker 1: On you two Razor Baby, and.
Speaker 2: It's from the Metro Area Paranormal Society also known as MAPS, and they are in Omaha, Nebraska. And this is a business that was in the area of Dundee, Nebraska. I don't know what the business was called. But they did a ghost hunt there. And what did this ghost say? It's a real soft whisper. Let me play it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an Omaha right, Yeah, yeah, it's hey.
Speaker 2: It's just they're saying, hey, hey, I mean that's very well could be.
Speaker 1: I think the ghost is talking to another ghost, going hey, watch out, this guy's going to discover us.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I heard that, So that's not what they thought. Necessarily, I'm going to give you a B, C D. And it was one of these that they believe it said. Did they think it was a you are? I think what I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'd have to isolate the audio and bump it up and well enhance, isolated, enhance.
Speaker 2: This is this is isolated at a hag.
Speaker 1: I can't I don't hear that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, well they think it was B there's no way you're here. Did they think it was C get away from us? Or d oh? You make me nuts.
Speaker 1: They thought it was get away from us. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: That is exactly what they thought. Now that we know that was.
Speaker 1: It was there. It's a negative mindset, you know, you just got to embrace the voice. Get away from us.
Speaker 2: I hear it, I hear it.
Speaker 1: I think it's just hey, it could be.
Speaker 2: Now here's one more from the same group. This time it was at a local cemetery in Omaha. What does this one say? It's a little different sounding.
Speaker 1: That's scary.
Speaker 2: Let me play it again?
Speaker 1: Can I hear over time? Nobody wants to play with me. It's not play, it's some other word.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely that.
Speaker 1: With me.
Speaker 2: Definitely that vibe with me. Did they think it was a please, will you buy some snacks? B? These are the sheep God wants next? See we need to see you here? Or D three to the three to the four, five six?
Speaker 1: Can I hear it again? It's number three? What was that.
Speaker 2: You need to see you here?
Speaker 1: We need to see you here. I think that's what they think the voice said.
Speaker 2: They think it's be These are the sheep God wants next.
Speaker 1: It's too there's too much information you're loading into it. That's that's reading between the sounds.
Speaker 2: But now that we know that, let's let's listen for these are the sheep God wants next?
Speaker 1: I hear it, no, because it's like a. It's a. It's a. There is a softer intention if there was a if there was a declaration like that, it would be more pronounced. There was a softer intention. Like it sounds to me like if that that voice, whether it's a ghost or a human or whatever, it sounds like it's lamenting, like it's complaining, like it's self pitying. Yeah, nobody wants to see me or whatever, something that doesn't want me not maybe maybe maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, James, real quick, I'm curious your your thoughts on a couple of things. What do you think about what do you think about ghosts?
Speaker 1: It's a Martin short. Yes, Jimmy Glick, what do you thoughts of ghosts?
Speaker 2: Exactly? That's my favorite character of all time. Yeah, I love Jimminy Glick. What what are your thoughts on aliens?
Speaker 1: Sure they seem like they're out there, you know, the of course, the the Fermi paradox.
Speaker 2: What's the Fermi paradox.
Speaker 1: It's named after an Italian astrophysicist. I believe. Uh if is it Frederico Fermi or Enrico Fermi? I forget, but it's doctor Fermie from the.
Speaker 2: Nineteen If he's an Italian man, he's Fermi.
Speaker 1: He was sort of he was one of the people on the Manhattan Project and he had developed this what do you call it axiom, which is a sort of a statement other people to investigate. It's not quite a theory, it's a statement to be investigated. Where he was saying, I'm gonna get it wrong, and there's several layers to it. It's like number one, number two, there's a list of things where he's like, the observable universe is so vast that there must have evolved aliens on other and other star systems. However we have had no contact with them and no knowledge of them here, so there has to be He tried to narrow down all the possible solutions for why, given the chance of infinite evolutions over billions of years, why we don't see them all the time or have no knowledge of them, And that he has he lays out the possible answers, which is, we have seen them, but we forgot them. We have seen them and it's embedded in our you know, ancient stone engravings or uh there. It ranges up to possibilities such that the nature of life evolving on a planet is such that it only lacks for about a billion years before it makes itself extinct, so that no civilization ever has time to reach out right. He also says there's a possibility that they have made contact with us, but they hide from us, or they blend in with us, or they don't want to contact us because they're not interested in us, Like we're just like some idiots that they don't care about.
Speaker 2: What I think. I genuinely think that we are the bad neighborhood in the galaxy that they're like where, let's not go over there. This all the stuff that you're saying that I have heard about this, but I've never gotten into it too much because that stuff freaks me out, like gives me some kind of like anxiety.
Speaker 1: The best fictional rendering I've seen, I don't. I am again agnostic. I don't deny what people claim to have seen unless there's somebody's gonna put me on a jury. You know, I don't have to make a decision, but I'm more interested in like the the future theory of aliens than I am about like individuals sightings of them. The best fiction I've seen recently science fiction exploring this idea is the Three Body Problem series by Shishin Lu, the Chinese science fiction writer. It's an attempt at a very realistic scenario of aliens as close as they could possibly be and be able to get to us, and they're hostile, but it takes so long for them to get to us that we have hundreds of years knowing that they're coming. Oh, it's a very interesting trilogy of books.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just do Let's do two more that. I'm curious about your thoughts on bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, this is going to be good boring to people. But you can't rule it out some sure ancient hominin species that didn't go extinct in the hills and forests of remote parts of the world. Very unlikely, definitely explainable. You can't rule it out very unlikely. You could probably usually explain it from deliberate hoaxes or somebody saw a moose I saw I'm serious, on two legs, I saw a moose at dusk either like right, around sunset or just after the sun had set. My brother and I saw a moose in what's the big National park in Wyoming, Montana?
Speaker 2: Is that Yosemite?
Speaker 1: No, the big one Yellowstone. Yell we were in was like, he doesn't even know what he's talking about. He doesn't even know he can't even listen to this guy. No, we were in Yellowstone and we saw we saw this giant figure walk out of the trees and stop and kind of look at us, and you only see the front two feet because it's the rest of its hiding in the trees. And then you realize, oh, and it took us a minute to be like, what the fuck, Oh, it's a moose. It was a female moose without the antler.
Speaker 2: Gee, how to make sure you cut the second part when we realized it was a moose. No, but that's uh. That probably does happen all the time to people because you see it like the black fur, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Be a bear, could be a bear. Moose are huge. People don't realize how big they are.
Speaker 2: Well, especially if you're seeing like those big huge horns and you're not processing that that's not like the head or something. You're just like all I see is a big creature. Yeah, how fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was a female moose, so there was no antlers, so it kind of just looked like a big floppy person walked out of the trees and just stopped there. Wow. And when we realized we were both talking about it, we were like, that would that what we just saw would easily be confused for a bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just a big floppy lady moose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wonder like, Okay, the Neanderthals went extinct forty thousand years ago, they say, and the other adjacent human species to Homo sapiens around the world. I forget what the other ones are called, but the Neanderthals are the ones I know from Eurasia. I guess. Okay, so they went extinct or did they? We know that some of them that some people have up to, like you know a small percentage of their DNAs, like some of the Neanderthals intermarried.
Speaker 2: With some more than others.
Speaker 1: The Homo sapiens. Yeah, so yeah, sure, okay, Right, have we explored every cave? I don't know, we know we haven't.
Speaker 2: But this is where things get interesting.
Speaker 1: For me, is it's a long time to stay off the grid, though, forty thousand years commitment.
Speaker 2: If you are to believe that in the possibility of ghosts, I'm just people in general, not just see you specifically. And you know that there were these other versions of humans that once existed. Could it be a ghost version of them that sometimes people see and that's why we can never catch the Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: Wow, you're telling me that Bigfoot isn't real and that that's the key to the whole solution.
Speaker 2: I think Bigfoot's a ghost because people would have caught it by now.
Speaker 1: You grab it and it disappears.
Speaker 2: Yes, if it was you, you'd run up.
Speaker 1: Get out of here. I know that's how you get killed by a moose.
Speaker 2: I saw bears one time outside of LA I thought.
Speaker 1: He was trying to hurt me. By the way, Yeah, when I say moose, it was Bullwinkle from Rocky and Bullwinkle. No, they're just driving through Yellowstone. Don't murder that man. But it was dusk and he came up to try stuff.
Speaker 2: No. I saw three bears, not the gay kind.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: One time outside of LA I was in claire Monts.
Speaker 1: Were you breaking into bears cabins and like trying their porridge and stuff.
Speaker 2: There were three of them. One of it was a little too hot, one was too cold. No, there was I was leaving an event and the cars were all stopped leaving this parking lot, and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hurry?
Speaker 2: Yes, And then when we finally moved and got closer, we realized it was three bears in Claremont. In Claremont, California.
Speaker 1: I am near the Pomona Colleges. I suppose I.
Speaker 2: Suppose, so, okay, last one past lives.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I think this is a legitimate philosophical or religious belief. And I don't even think it's something kind of paranormal that needs to be doubted at all. Really, I think it's I think it's the makes the most sense as an explanation for everything. Well, okay, one version of it that I think is a very clean explanation for all life on Earth is what the way Alan Watts summarizes a lot of what he talks about, where you are something the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is something that the whole ocean is doing. So he says that you know, individual living things are just sort of outcroppings of powerful consciousness, like one living thing that experiences itself as separate living things and very similar to that to it or you know, sure different Wikipedia pages. But I do believe in past lives, and I believe that they're not limited to human beings, and I think I lean towards the possible idea that I don't know the details of how it works, but I have actually gotten into the nerdy side of this, where there's like you know, Christian theologians and also atheists that try to take apart reincarnation and be like, well, the population keeps growing, where are these souls coming from? Where are these minds coming from? And it's like, yeah, but there are you counting all the extinct creatures. And I think it's very possible that we are one thing that has to live through being every other, every possible living thing on the planet, and that that's how a deity, an eternal being or a semi eternal being like the Earth or the Sun, passes the time because it's fucking boring to live forever.
Speaker 2: So that it's like fun for them to yes.
Speaker 1: That you have to create something alive or you're just out there gurgling in space. Interest and it would be so boring, it would be torture, so that they create this life thing just to exist.
Speaker 2: I guess I did not realize that you.
Speaker 1: That's what I actually believe.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize, like when I had you come on here, that you have like read up on all this stuff and you have like you know so much about this.
Speaker 1: Well, some things I do and some things I bullshit very quickly. I'll leave it to your listeners to decide.
Speaker 2: No, that's great, this is great. This is a great way to end, because now my mind is thinking about a lot of things you've just said.
Speaker 1: I've summarized a lot of it very quickly. Yeah, there's the mechanics of how that works. You know, you might have like a short cycle where there's one sort of like spirit or consciousness that's being reincarnated on a short cycle. But then then overall there's these larger cycles where we might we might I can't say it for sure, we might all just be the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm very convinced of it too, because of stories I've heard, like even on this show, where it's like I can't think of any specific ones right now, but just this idea which by the way makes me not fear death anymore, because I'm like, oh, I think we just like we figure it out, we go somewhere, we do it again. I don't I don't know. Again, I don't know how it works either. But it's like it seems.
Speaker 1: You obviously don't remember it. That's that's one of the things about splitting up your life into other lives is that you don't remember.
Speaker 2: But it seems like there are sometimes blips or I don't know how to explain that when people say, you know, for example, we just covered this true story of this little boy that knew all this very specific information about being a man in Hollywood in the golden age of Hollywood.
Speaker 1: And then they looked at it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they looked it up and it was not a famous man or whatever. They find all the details they knew what stready lived. This kid knew everything. And it's like, I don't know how that works. Where sometimes it's like, oh, whoops, I remember too much, Like I don't know how.
Speaker 1: I mean, arguably, Okay, maybe you picked up a weird journal that you found in a library.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, that could be too Yeah, maybe you found a diary somewhere, but.
Speaker 1: Kids are clever.
Speaker 2: I know it's it's weird. No, this was when he was like four or five. I think anyway, young clever. Well, you're very clever, and I want people to see you live and to see your special.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's all available. And what we were rounding out the end of the year, the holiday season. What better time to gather around with your loved ones, your adult loved ones who enjoy ribled late night adult comedy and watch the Path of Most Resistance. Well, it's actually just Path of Most Resistance, my debut stand up comedy special. It's on eight hundred Pound Gorilla. It's available on their website and a number of platforms. It's most prominently available on YouTube. You can pan downloaded on eight hundred pound Gorilla dot com. You can watch it and stream it for YouTube for free, and it's widely available. It's funny at times and at other times it's it's wet. It's very wet. If you'll notice, I really sweat out through the whole show because it was September in Los Angeles, and I yeah, I'm a sweater, So yeah, don't expect a dry, snappy, powdered this is I'm raw Okay, I'm out there in the trenches.
Speaker 2: This is what we need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read and I put it in. I put in an effort the show. It's like, you know, it's like a sporting event to me.
Speaker 2: And all these years you've been doing stand up and this is the or first special.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. They wouldn't let me do it anywhere else, so I just did it myself. Finally, that's the way you have to do it today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I have a feeling you might like it. Path of Most Resistance eight hundred Pound Gorilla YouTube And also if you want to check out the old Underculture podcast that's there, and then my stand up dates and so forth, you can find on link tree or my website jamsdome dot com, and on Instagram and blue Sky and threads. I'm generally at Jaodomian or some variation of it.
Speaker 2: Thanks James, thank you, Thank you so much. James Adomian. What an incredible mind and talent. Well, it's holiday season. I hope you're taking great care of yourself and enjoying these last few weeks before we get a nice little break. We will be taking a break over here on go. Just to warn you a few weeks in advance, we will be taking a break the week of Christmas and New Year's but then will be back, don't you worry. And I uh am already hard working on those episodes and who we're gonna start off the New year with a bang. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay, by this has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's raz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jeeha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon, artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgaiff, the Spooky Georgia hart Stark, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer,