Speaker 1: Your sister's important main street.
Speaker 2: We got one of the bigges things in the American coaches.
Speaker 3: Like us, thank everybody the breakfast club want to shake it up like the family guy just hilarious.
Speaker 4: I'm a friend.
Speaker 3: And Charlemagne the God, I'm.
Speaker 4: A lovely blab.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 6: I'm loving that ergy up there right now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta pop out. This shows Now let's begin. Good morning, usc yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo jess hilarious in morning, Charlomagne the God peaks to the planet.
Speaker 4: It's Tuesday. Good morning. How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 8: I feel blessed, black and holly favor, but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 4: What's happening in everybody? How y'all feeling good?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Okay? Who you tackling this morning?
Speaker 9: Don't play with me?
Speaker 10: My birthday weekend was nice, My Valentine's Day was good.
Speaker 11: The event was really really nice.
Speaker 8: Be could you get pregnant again? I didn't You don't know you could be to day and pregnant and don't even know it. Menstrue menstrul oh okay cool Valentin Valentine touch yeah, you know, decoration for it.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 11: Shout out to those who run Rate Lifestyle.
Speaker 8: So appeiod on stop nothing, but it's then its especially when it's your Valentine.
Speaker 3: No there you go. Well, so looks every all of the dance dads out there and dance parents out there. I was in Boston all weekend with my daughter's. Uh they had a three day tournament Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so our Valentine's was in between their classes, so we put them in class for hour and a half. Mom and daddy go upstairs, get it in and bring them back down to another class and get it in. But we had a good time. Congratulations to Brooklyn. She won first prize overall and first in her category and London was second in overall and first in her category. So we had a great time in Boston. Salutes everybody in bossed the salute to four Star Dance Studio. They are a black dance studio out of Boston. And you know, traveling with my daughters to all these different conventions and competitions, you don't see too many black dance squads. So when you see a black squad, you know, like one of the ladies said, well, who team you're rooting for? Root for everybody black, and they all did. And they made my daughters feel so special because it was only four of us for her from her dance studio.
Speaker 4: So could they that squad?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they dance.
Speaker 8: They better be able to dance, the only black studio in Boston. Lord have mercy.
Speaker 3: They definitely dance. But they cheered for my daughter like my daughter was part of their studio and made my daughter feel so special. And after you know, you know, she had so many aunties and grandma's and uncles and it just it was just such a family thing. So I just wanted to salute to four star studio, Like they really held me down out in Boston, So salute to them.
Speaker 8: I ain't do nothing in The crazy part is I'm in here tired because I couldn't sleep last night for some reason. I was just tossing and turning for no goddamn reason.
Speaker 10: Okay, person, Am I a good person that keeps you up a night?
Speaker 4: If you that, No, that's not true, think something.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Am I a good person? That's a good question. I don't know if that's a question.
Speaker 8: Sometimes No, I don't think that's a question that any of us can answer, because depending on who you ask, mean you're not a good person. So yes, to myself, I am, but you know, depending on who you ask, maybe not. Okay, Yeah, but I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Sleep last night.
Speaker 8: But you know what, it couldn't sleep last night because it was a three day weekend. But it's a three day weekend and you upstanding late, you staying up late all night, it's hard to go to sleep that first day back to work, our school, or whatever it is you gotta do.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, well let's get the show crack and we got front page news coming up. We'll break down everything on what happened over But it's our three day weekend. And more so, don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 12: Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 3: Jess hilarious, Chelamaine the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. First, start off with All Star recapped. Any of you guys watched the All Star stuff over the weekend.
Speaker 4: I watched all of it, Yeah, watched.
Speaker 3: What your thoughts?
Speaker 4: What was your thoughts on what scifically.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, we could start with the celebrity game. I though it was trash. Celebrity game is always trash.
Speaker 11: It was funny. I enjoyed Drewsky. He was very inertating.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you don't watch the celebrity game because you're looking for actual good basketball.
Speaker 4: You look for the celebrity game for entertainment. So I don't count that.
Speaker 3: Kids three point contest. Tyler Hero won that.
Speaker 8: That was cool. I mean that's you know, but that's that's regular pretty much. So, I mean the whole league is a three point shooting contest at this point.
Speaker 3: Stand up, what about the dunk contest?
Speaker 8: I mean, other than the white dude Mac dunk contest is just but does he play on the team if ye had, but when it's time for NBA All Star Weekend, they put him to give them a ten day contract.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. And then, of course, what about the All Star Game, which was kind of confused and it was International Stars us All Stars verus the rick.
Speaker 4: I had no idea what I was confused.
Speaker 8: I had no idea what was going on because the whole I thought the whole point of being an All Stars, you know, to get recognized as an All Stars, So I didn't understand what the rising stars were there for, Like, they're not All Stars? How did they get to play? And I didn't know what that hell was. I didn't know what was going.
Speaker 4: On with that. That was just yeah, I was confused too.
Speaker 13: But good morning Morgan, Good morning dj MV Charlotte and the got in.
Speaker 11: Just hilarious. How y'all doing on this Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Let's black and good good?
Speaker 13: All right, I'll try to break down the game a little bit later at the seven o'clock hour, but first let's get into what's topping the headlines. There's been yet another aviation accident, this time in Toronto, Canada. Delta Airlines says that eighteen people are injured after a flight from Minneapolis crashed at a Toronto airport on Monday. But the great news is there were no fatalities. No fatalities reported. Toronto Pearson Airport President and CEO Deborah Flint held a presser last night, and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 14: First and foremost, there was no loss of life and this is in due part to our heroic and trained professionals, our first responders at the airport. So the facts of the matter around this event that happened at approximately two point thirty PM is Delta Airlines flight four eight one nine from Minneapolis to Toronto, operated by subsidiary Endeavor air was involved in a single aircraft accident upon landing at Toronto Pearson So.
Speaker 13: In a statement, the airline said that the flight was carrying eighty people total, seventy six passengers for crew members, and eighteen people have been taken to the hospital. Now pictures and videos are surfacing showing the plane upside down in snowy conditions. Flint categorized to Flint categorize the injuries again as relative relatively minor, and air traffic has resumed at that airport as of right now now the National Transportation Safety Board of Canada is leading the investigation. However, the US National Transportation Safety Board is also sending a team of US investigators to assist in that incident.
Speaker 8: So the story, so what is that investigating? Like nobody knows how to plane ended up upside down?
Speaker 4: Like that is no video investigation. Everything.
Speaker 13: Supposedly it was a wind gusts and they were already like pretty much close and on the ground, and then there was a wind gus that they were saying, once they hit the ground, they were like on their side and then before they knew what they were upside down, And to one of the people who are involved said, quote, they were hanging like that.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, I heard that about the wind, and I totally believe that because you can be driving driving nowadays sometime and that those wind gus be swerving.
Speaker 3: Your car that that heavy. Though to flip over a plane that has to weigh how many pounds is the plane to be the wind gust that much?
Speaker 13: Yeah, and then also take off the wing as well, because the plane also lost the wing in that. But again, guys, this story is developing. I don't want to get ahead of myself and keep you posted with.
Speaker 4: A scared to fly.
Speaker 11: And I'm nervous.
Speaker 13: I have flights coming up, and I know you guys fly often, So yeah, what's their thing that happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was scared to fly since the DC plate is that crash?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I understand. I've been putting I've been trying to put it in perspective for myself. It's just like forty it's forty five thousand commercial flights daily, So just think about that, like it's forty five thousand commercial flights daily.
Speaker 4: How often do these things actually happen?
Speaker 3: But it seems like they're happening more, you know, are we hearing about it more and more?
Speaker 5: Men?
Speaker 8: Two, remember the commercial flights.
Speaker 10: Now, the flight that hit Philly is the plane that just landed in the middle.
Speaker 8: That was the commercial flight, Priva Jet, private jet, the black Hawk was definitely a commercial.
Speaker 10: Anything that's supposed to be an air to keep hitting the ground. Like I was saying, yeah, right right, just show whatever in the d NV. It's a lot of air traffic, so it really don't matter commercial.
Speaker 3: And not even just crashing, like the planes are hitting each other, like this wing hit this other planes wing and this that and the other and they're all commercial flights.
Speaker 4: When was that? Is that one?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: You hear about that all the time, where a plane's wing hit into another plane. Like you've been hearing that about a lot.
Speaker 5: I heard that a lot.
Speaker 3: Now it's a lot of them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, all right, guys, let's try to switch gears real quick. If we can remember over the week and the hostages were in fact released by Hamas after the ceasefire agreement.
Speaker 15: So here's what happened.
Speaker 13: Secretary of State Marco Rubio says he wants all the hostages held by Hamas to be released as soon as possible, but didn't confirm whether the ceasefire deal between Israel and Palestine the Palestinian militant group will be upheld now. Rubio told CBS Face the Nation he's working closely with the Israeli government to secure the immediate release of the hostages despite the agreement outlined in the ceasefire deal.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from Rubio.
Speaker 1: Well, there are some there's supposed to be released coming up next weekend. We expect that to happen, but we'd like to see them all come out. We're going to We're not in favor of waiting weeks and weeks. Now that may be the process that's in place because of the deal, but we would like to see them all out as soon as possible. We share the goal that every hostage needs to come home, every single one, without delay. Obviously, there are details of how we're pursuing that and coordinating that we're not going to share publicly because we don't want to endanger the hostages. We don't want to endanger this process.
Speaker 13: So Rubio and the US and Israel are closely working to secure their release. And of course this comes as Rubio is also holding talks in Russia over ending the Ukraine, or he's holding talks in Saudi Arabia, excuse me today over ending the conflict in Russia and Ukraine. So we'll keep you posted with that. So that's your front page news for six am. At seven am, we will talk about New York City Mayor Eric Adams, the controversy continues, and yeah, and I'll break down the All Star Game as well.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one oh five one. Let us know how your three day weekend was, or how Valentine's was again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: Is the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 16: Good morning the Breakfast Club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: My name is Tony.
Speaker 3: What's up, Tony? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: I just want to say good morning to everybody at the Breakfast Club. Morning DJ and Charlomagne, good morning. I just want to wish my I had a great weekend, man, my Valentine's win great.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 17: I want to wish my lady Christina, uh till our love her. You know what I'm saying, because I know she's listening. I just wanted to.
Speaker 5: What was that?
Speaker 4: Is she three days pregnant and doesn't know it yet?
Speaker 8: Probably so, man, probably so okay, okay, nice, but but yeah, man, I just wanted to wish everybody, you know, a great Tuesday, a great week y'all have a great week.
Speaker 17: Man, and just many blessings to everybody, and just positive energy man to everybody.
Speaker 3: Thank you, brother, I have a good one.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hey, Good morning? Is Danny from Savannah.
Speaker 3: What's up, Danny? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: Hey, man, I just want to talk about my Valentine's weekend.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: It was my daughter's birthday on Valentine's Day, and uh it was uh you know. I also took my family to Myrtle Beach. And I'm a truck driver and I'm always always work and never at home. I said, enough is enough, man, gotta make this money. Take my kids out this weekend ever, because I've got to spend it with my wife and kids and Honestly, we loved it so much we didn't want to come back home in the world. Yes, I just want to give a shout out to all the drivers out there, man, just to say, take your time man out here today and spend time with your family. Love your family. Money is always there with your family, is not.
Speaker 8: Hey question, brother, everybody who listens us on ninety four one to beat in Savannah? Why did you leave beautiful Savannah to go to Myrtle Beach? I love Myrtle Beach too, but you already in.
Speaker 7: Savannah man, type y'alland is cool. Don't get me wrong. But man, we moved from Cleveland, Ohio to uh Savannah to get closer to Myrtle Beach because of my job, you know, the court and everything like that. God, I really wanted.
Speaker 8: To be close, that's all, man, because Hilton Head is right there. Hilton Head is amazing.
Speaker 7: Hilton Head is beautiful. Oh it's beautiful, but it's just not.
Speaker 4: The weather's just out there quite yet. That's right, That's right, Okay, I got.
Speaker 7: Yes shirt man, love y'all.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 7: I listened every day, y'all.
Speaker 4: Have you today please? Brother? Thank you brother?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five, one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Ray right, Ray.
Speaker 5: Yo, Charlotmagne, Jasey, what up are we lost?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 19: Get on the phone right now here, tell you what it.
Speaker 3: Is we live.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Hi, evening, Sanna, Good morning, Charlemagne and Jess.
Speaker 4: How you feeling good?
Speaker 20: Good?
Speaker 3: Just hope you guys have a bus day.
Speaker 19: I had a wonderful weekend, and I hope you guys did too. I hope you guys have a bless day.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, thank you. Kay, we appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: This is James phone from Lork, Carolanta.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 20: James?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest? Brother love?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, good morning everybody.
Speaker 18: First of all, but over the.
Speaker 7: Weekend said down that fiftieth, that a versity on S and M.
Speaker 21: Yeah that the.
Speaker 7: Concert was pretty straight man. I didn't expect the older acts to be so good.
Speaker 2: They surprised me the most.
Speaker 18: Like the Bee fifty twos.
Speaker 7: They did that love shot Joynt.
Speaker 18: I was like, oh smap, look at these old folks.
Speaker 22: That.
Speaker 4: Every time I in, it was nobody I wanted to see. I tuned in. One time it was Miley Sires and somebody.
Speaker 18: We wasn't any of that.
Speaker 2: But Lauryn Hill killed it.
Speaker 18: Uh yeah, she was on there with why Cliff, Why Cliff did caught down nine one one? I was hoping that, uh Laura would have took Mary's parts, but she didn't sing nothing but yeah and uh post Malone he performed with Nirvana. They did that smells like teen Spirit all post kipt it. Man, he killed it.
Speaker 7: He'd just like Kurt.
Speaker 4: I missed all of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was straight man, it was straight.
Speaker 4: Okay, you put this on brother?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 4: For three?
Speaker 7: What's up? Charlie Man and Jim?
Speaker 6: All these offertas out of here man truck drivers, man pulling, these brokers, chick kicking these cheap freak man. Well do bet on tail we get these brokers out the week.
Speaker 4: That's all I want.
Speaker 3: These brokers, Yeah, because they gotta you call it brokerage first before and the brokers call the truck. So the brokers gets a percentage of what the truck driver should be making.
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 9: How?
Speaker 6: I held general free drive man on our Breta.
Speaker 7: But yeah, you call it brookers. You know, if they called the lord boys, you called it brookers.
Speaker 4: You know, get the loud, got your little pan a certain mount.
Speaker 7: The brookers try to take half of the money, and they ain't doing nothing of the footwork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard, now, brother, I heard a lot of truck drivers been stealing a lot of packages. I heard that's a lot for auto like. They've been taking people's cars and they're selling them on like the underground market. Is that true? Damn?
Speaker 5: I never heard of that.
Speaker 3: You know, do call hold of but.
Speaker 2: They can ask.
Speaker 3: Okay'll be safe out there in the road.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even ask about it, mind you.
Speaker 3: I was just asking whatever, God one, be safe out there. Brother. All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the event, you can hit us something. Now we got just with the mess coming up? What're were talking about?
Speaker 10: Wendy was outside she finally would go see her dad in Florida.
Speaker 3: Nice. All right, Well we'll get to that next and don't move it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is ed and.
Speaker 4: We ain't got no other records.
Speaker 3: Well, it was either a sister or three one no Soak Bay or Soak City? Which one you want? Rather wanting everybody? We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to just with the mess you use.
Speaker 21: Real black is just car robbing Moore.
Speaker 3: Just don't do no lines, don't do talk nobody talk them world Why Jess worldwide.
Speaker 20: Mess on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's a coaching shit.
Speaker 22: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 5: This's time to set it off.
Speaker 10: So Wendy did make it to see her dad and she spent some time with her son and said they was out eating and stuff.
Speaker 23: Yes, Wendy was outside this weekend a long time coming. She's been trying to figure this out. So over the weekend she went to Florida to celebrate her dad's ninety for his birthday. Not the ceremony and not the ceremony, but what they did was very intimate. I think they just spent time at home. From what the photos looked like. And this photo was supposed to buy her son, Kevin Hunter Jr. And he captured it. You see her holding a birthday car. He's like, happy, I could make this happen for you, Papa, I said, by any means, and I kept my word. Now, I think people were surprised to see her with her son, which I don't know why. I guess it's because because she had just said that, yeah. But I mean it's her son though, and it's her only child. So I think I think I wasn't surprised to see them together. I more so was surprised to see all the posting it and all of the when I say, the paparazzi would leave Winnie alone from the moment she landed in Florida to the minute she got to They went to like.
Speaker 11: This Cuban restaurant. There was videos her eating there.
Speaker 4: I think kept.
Speaker 8: Somebody clearly called Yeah, by the way, people, Papa Roxie, don't just show up, not.
Speaker 11: In like Florida where she was at.
Speaker 3: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 11: They were everywhere.
Speaker 4: Wendy, we got hight landed. Somebody was calling them every step of the way.
Speaker 23: It was bad, bad. She got highlights in the airport and there was a whole story about the highlights. She got an airport because you know, she was talking about she wanted to go out and travel with Shop. But yeah, so she was. She was out with her family. She got to celebrate their birthday. Now, there was a story that came out over the weekend two in relation to Wendy that I thought was interesting. It was about, you know, we've been trying to figure out why she's on that floor where like all these people have no maybe whatsoever. The she's been at this home for eight months. And TMZ did a story. They said that they talked to someone who is in the facility who has been interacting with Wendy and was there from the time that she got there, and they say that when she first arrived there, she was actually placed on the third floor, which doesn't have the restrictions that she has right now, like she would be able to come and go throughout the building. I guess there's a restaurant bar at the rooftop of the hotel, and Wendy went and visited this restaurant bar and she had a few drinks. She got drunk, and they were not happy about that because of course she came in with them knowing that she had a history where she live. Yeah, with them knowing that she had a history of alcoholism. So they say at that point is when they put her on the fifth floor memory unit. Now, this was supposed to just be until I'm assuming she got to a point where they felt like they could trust her to be able to roam around the building by herself.
Speaker 11: But she is still there at this point and all just sounds so crazy exactly.
Speaker 23: So yeah, and when I reached out to kind of see, like, you know, because to me, this plays a favorite for her, like trying to get off of this conservative ship.
Speaker 11: But even if she just moves floors in the building.
Speaker 23: And I was told the same thing that I was thinking, like, yeah, like this, they're basically saying it wasn't a dementia thing. It was because she broke the rule. She got drunk, and they wanted to make sure they can control her type of thing, so she could be on a different floor, which is more protocols placed around her obviously.
Speaker 11: But yeah, so Sharyat went, she made it to Florida. That's what's up? Okay, jay z yep jay Z.
Speaker 10: So y'all seen that over the weekend and I was like, okay, good everywhere over the weekend, real hard.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 23: I don't think Buzzy was trying to stop. I don't think he's going to stop. But jay Z and Diddy are officially off of the case with the thirteen year the girl who was thirteen back in two thousand that said that they had raped her after a VMMA party. So over the weekend, that case was voluntarily dismissed without uh with prejudice, so he can't come back and try this again right now. According to the docs, Buzzby has sent two demand letters back in twenty twenty four, which we had talked about and accused Diddy and j Z a raping his girl back in two thousand when she was thirteen. They had tried to get her identity revealed that did not happen. On February fourteenth, it was ruled by a judge that Buzzby had to submit these documents that would show that he's able to even operate or legislate in the district where this is filed. On that same day as when he voluntarily gave the like said okay to the disbissal, So people were like, yo, this is kind of funny. Like you didn't want to prove that you could even operate in this jurisdiction, and now you're just allowing for this case to be thrown out. Now jay Z is like going and he's saying that he believes that Buzzby purposely filed this around the time of Mufasa premiere, which ruined the premiere because you know, when he went to that premiere that weekend with his daughter, thirteen year daughter with Blue IV.
Speaker 11: Yeah, his wife.
Speaker 23: Everybody was talking about the fact that you were at this movie that centers around children, and there's this, there's these rape allegations. He also, you know, just he talks a lot about the shakedown. He says that they received death threats. Like he just talks about how much hell they went through exactly exactly that's what said about Yep, jay Z said that about Buzby, So I mean its been thrown out. Diddy Sem came out and basically said, like we've been telling y'all that all of these cases filed by this and blamed Chaser talking about Attorney Busby. They're just made up to get in the media and to get some attention because these are celebrities.
Speaker 11: But I mean I don't know.
Speaker 23: This is this is a a huge win and it's kind of crazy to me that like it's it's not as loud as it was when the case first dropped.
Speaker 8: Which that's the sad part about these situations all the time, the dismissal of the case is never as loud in the media as the original accusation. And also itdn't hold suing Tony Busby.
Speaker 23: Yeah, but he had already remember he dropped that already before prior to there was the extortion. I don't know he didn't drop it, no, but he had already filed it during the time when his first drop So that's already there.
Speaker 11: So that's she's gonna go through. He's going to go through it to go through with that, of.
Speaker 8: Course, as he should. I'm glad Hope is suing Tony Buzby because these lawyers don't care. They just believe they can hit you up and say, hey, if you don't meet all demands, and we're gonna have press conferences and go to the press with all these salacious accusations, and it's really a shape down and a lot of people you'd be surprised how many people settle because you know they don't care about the bad press, but I think those days are long gone. I think, God, well, not only the bad press, it's the amount that it cost to fight it, you know. I mean, if you just settle out, you ain't gotta pay for lawyers, You ain't gotta pay for none of that. Sometimes there's so many people that just say, you know what, I paid this ten thousand and fifty thousand, this hundred thousand, and then pay lawyer's millions.
Speaker 3: But yeah, those gotten.
Speaker 8: Those days are over though, because people that are that are innocent and know they're innocent, and they don't care, they like whatever, because they know that all's gonna do is go to the media like Twitter, gonna have fun for a couple of days, and then it's gonna be gone.
Speaker 23: I will say that this, even if Buzby continues, it just looks crazy because normally with a case like this, a civil case, the fact that they set they settled with prejudice, meaning that he can't bring me smith with prejudice I'm sorry, Yeah, dismissed with prejudice without a settlement. That normally doesn't happen in a case like this. Normally you have to get a settlement behind the scenes for an attorney who's accusing you of these things like a Buzzby asking you for money to back away, and none of that happens. So it makes attorney Buzzby look crazy. I mean there's been things leading up to this that made them look crazy, like that NBC interview. But I don't know how he goes forward with the other cases. If I'm a judge, I don't take them seriously.
Speaker 8: And you'd be surprised how many of these cases actually just get dismissed by by a quarter of law.
Speaker 4: But that's never news, you know, if.
Speaker 8: That was news, and people realize that most of these people that file these accusations the case gets dismissed. If they knew that there was no money to be had, people wouldnt even jump out the window and do these things.
Speaker 4: But think it's a check attached.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not only that they don't have to pay the lawyer, right, nothing comes out their pocket. A lawyer gets a third of what you're supposed to make, So it's easy to go to a lawyer when nothing comes out of your pocket. You don't have to pay anything and you don't lose anything, So it's a gamble that you everybody willing to take because you don't lose nothing.
Speaker 23: No, but Jay about to take it for everything that he has. Just when you mentioned that whole gun to my head. When I read that letter that he responded with, I said, oh the way he about to dance through this extortion and everything that's going to come after that. He ain't gonna play around with Busby. I'm said, look, you played with the right one, you.
Speaker 4: Know what side.
Speaker 10: But the Mexican president is still on Google over the the map chain, young guy, go and look at yeah, because the the Golf of America the Golf of Mexico. They already changed it, you know, because Trump signed to order for them to make it Golf of America instead of Golf of Mexico. The Mexican president was like, oh no, that's not what we're doing. So he's he's suing Google for the but them changing all right, that's crazy.
Speaker 11: I see that way.
Speaker 10: He stepping up like excuse me, what So that's what I say, Go ahead, I'm glad that said. I just seen fellow want to say thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right, well that is just with the mess.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, we got Front page News and don't go anywhere, Morgan to be joining us. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, wake up, waol. If you're like into the breakfast Club, morning everybody, It's dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Let's start over the sports Morgan, Let's jump right in. Let's break down this All Star because it was a little confusing at times.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So, in case you missed the twenty twenty five NBA All Star Game, Team Shack took down Pause Team Chuck forty one to twenty five with when at the Caesar Up Scar Sorry Chase the Center in San Francisco, California. Now, Jason Tatum led all scores with fifteen points in the championship game.
Speaker 15: Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry.
Speaker 13: He was named the most Valuable Player after combining for twenty points on the night.
Speaker 15: Let's hear from.
Speaker 4: Him the journey.
Speaker 9: You know, we're not here without without that generation and every generation since that has paved the way for us to play this game and have fun at the highest level.
Speaker 12: And I'm very appreciative of it.
Speaker 8: Now, they were people saying that he didn't deserve the MVP. I watched the game. I didn't pay any attention. They said Jason Tatum should have got it.
Speaker 13: I mean that shot from half court was pretty impressive. You don't thanks so, Sean Man.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's always impressive when Steph does that.
Speaker 8: But I guess for me, it's like that forty point threshold that they try to get to. Is that really enough time for anybody to get into a rhythm the way they can be named the MVP?
Speaker 9: I look, I'm not a pro.
Speaker 4: I don't know no ul star.
Speaker 3: And the fact that he was home to it, that was his home court, so you know, if he was even closer, they were gonna give.
Speaker 9: It to l That's true that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you're right about that.
Speaker 13: I mean, at this point, as anybody impressed anymore about anything?
Speaker 15: That stuff does?
Speaker 4: Oh, I am.
Speaker 8: I think Steph Curry revolutionized the game of basketball, not just men's basketball, women's basketball.
Speaker 4: I don't think you get a Kaitlyn Clark. There's those Steph Curry.
Speaker 8: So yes, to me, it is always still impressive when Steph is shooting lights out the way he does.
Speaker 11: All right, I like that.
Speaker 13: Okay, So Team Chuck was led by Victor Winbanyama, who scored eleven points off the bench. Shacks Squad advanced to the championship game after topping Team Candice forty two to thirty.
Speaker 15: Five in the semis.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 13: Team Chuck booked their spot in the Championship after ousting Team Kenny with a forty one to thirty two win in v. Mac McClung from the Orlando Magic. He won the dunk contest after jumping over our car, and Tyler Hero won the three point contest. He's from the Miami Heat. So all right, bringing things home to you guys. In New York, Eric Adams continues to face backlash, including the resignation of half of his deputy mayors over the dropping of federal corruption charges against him. There are some sticking by the mayor, though New York City Councilwoman Council Speaker Adrian Adams she's among those elected to step down in the latest now following the resignation of those four deputies. Now, she says that it's very clear that the mayor has lost all confidence in his staff, has lost trust and his staff, his colleagues and New Yorkers. She says she must prioritize New York City and resign, adding that the city no longer has the ability to effectively govern. Adrian Adams says the Mayor's actions and decisions have led to months of instability and now compromises the city's sovereignty and threatens to this threatens chaos and risk of harm to families. Now, Mayor Adams he started up more controversy on Monday when he invoked Adolf Hitler's book while.
Speaker 15: Defending himself against all of this drama.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to Mayor Adams as he invokes the Hitler's book Mindcom.
Speaker 24: Hey, you know, I remember listening to some of doctor King's teaching and he talked about the book mind com and he indicated, if you tail a line long enough, loud enough, people tend to believe it's true. And that's what you're seeing right there, right now mine day. Mind come.
Speaker 13: So he made those comments to a group of clergy of various faith at Rehobeth Cathedral in Brooklyn, and he also touted his record and insisted he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 15: Let's hear more from Mayor Adams.
Speaker 3: I ignore the noise. I know what we have accomplished.
Speaker 24: That is why I moved through these streets at the level of comfort that I have.
Speaker 4: We have done the job.
Speaker 24: There's a lack of consistency to.
Speaker 12: What people are saying.
Speaker 24: They are attempted to rewrite my entire history but their own agenda.
Speaker 13: So the mayor continues to deny any quid pro quo with the Trump administration. I can get into the Governor of Kathy Hoche's comments, but before I do, what do you guys think about those comments that you heard from New York City Mayor Adams? At this point, do you feel like we're beating a dead horse or the drama just continues.
Speaker 8: I wanted all those folks stepping down. Do they believe Mayor Adams was guilty? Are they just mad because of how he's uh, you know, standing next to Trump? Which one is? Is it the Trump thing? Or do they think he's guilty that's why he's stepping.
Speaker 15: Up it should be It could be a combination of both.
Speaker 13: But also not to forget that, you know, for example, New York City Council Speaker Adrian Adams.
Speaker 15: You know, these people have their own jobs.
Speaker 13: They might not want to, you know, associate themselves with something of this magnitude.
Speaker 15: So there's there's.
Speaker 8: That, and even the people that's saying is quick pro what is it quick wit, quick pro?
Speaker 4: What would the mayor be given the president.
Speaker 13: The city of New York and maybe access you know in terms of Ice, in terms of you know, things of.
Speaker 4: Like if Ice wants to run run through New York, they can run through New.
Speaker 15: York regardlessly, really with or without the right.
Speaker 13: So for the first time, New York Governor Kathy Hochel, she is talking about the possibility of removing New York City Mayor Eric Adams from office. So in a statement on Monday night, Hope says that she asks leaders to meet with her today for the conversation about a path forward with the goal of insurance stability for the City of New York.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: She noted that no governor has ever been removed in the state history, despite governor's having the power to do so. No governor has ever removed a mayor in state history, despite having the power to do so so. She also called reports of the past two weeks seemingly referring to the pending dismissal of Adam's federal charges and his charge and approach on immigration enforcement. I like sex, So yeah, that further speaks to the point I made earlier. Troubling and cannot be ignored. So immigration enforcement basically, yeah, it sounds like people just it's the dramas is too much.
Speaker 4: It's just too much the immigration.
Speaker 8: The immigration enforcement is interesting though, man, because you know, when you actually have conversations with people in New York City, it's mixed, right, Because I've always told you all about this guy, you know, who complained to me about MS thirteen, you know, running through his neighborhood. Saw him last week and I just asked him, you know, howard things now? He said, all but one person, he said. He asked what he said to me last week? He said, neighbor He was like, my neighborhood, they got everybody, said, it's all but one person and he said they all they're all the ones they haven't caught.
Speaker 4: They're running the Canada. But he told me last week.
Speaker 8: So you know, it's a it's a it's a mixed bag if you actually talk to people.
Speaker 15: All right, Well, I'm go ahead and wrap it up there.
Speaker 13: Then you guys, that's your front page news of Morgan will follow me on social ad working media and for more news coverage, follow a Black Information That Work, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I N news dot com.
Speaker 15: Have a great week.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have TI Shawn Jones joining us. He's a black professional skateboy.
Speaker 4: I hate how you say black.
Speaker 3: I said a professional.
Speaker 4: You just said like you you maga.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I say black because that's what I mean. I'm from New York City. We say black.
Speaker 12: That's what we say.
Speaker 4: No, you're Dominican from New York City.
Speaker 3: And I'm not Dominican, Soir, I'm black. Black?
Speaker 4: God, who said it like that? Like you mean black? Like that? Did you black?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: It's just I'm from New York That's what we say black. I will say you too.
Speaker 8: Screw.
Speaker 11: First of all, I'm not the one coming for you, so stay over there.
Speaker 8: I don't say I don't, But I also don't have to distress black because I am black.
Speaker 4: Mister Dominican.
Speaker 3: I stress everything, sir. I don't know if you know, but I'm not Dominican, have no Dominican blood in me.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I tell the time. You tell the time for you to collect that award. You don't never tell them people, you're not Dominican when they nominate you for Dominican awards.
Speaker 3: They did nominate me, but I didn't go get that award because I'm not Dominican. I didn't go get that award because I'm not Dominican. But anyway, like I said, we have Tie Shawn Jones. Werenna kick it with him?
Speaker 4: NeXT's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club law on the roster, filling in for Jess, and we got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, you have Tie Seawan Jones. You are a professional skateboarder?
Speaker 9: Correct? Correct?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: How do you get to a quote unquote professional skateboard the title?
Speaker 9: Uh, well, I always explain it to people like basketball, So there's phases. There's three phases. First you go flow, let's say that's like high school basketball. Then you go amateur a's college, and then you go pro that's NBA okay.
Speaker 3: And what makes you pro is it.
Speaker 9: It's just a company, a board company has to turn you pro.
Speaker 12: Got you?
Speaker 9: So like that's the way the culture is, like your skateboard company is who determines when you go pro?
Speaker 23: And is your company like an agency or is it just like a governing company that looks at like what you've been doing, like track record competitions or No.
Speaker 9: It's like a company that, like you would be sponsored by this individual one. So like I don't know, like I'm trying to explain it in a way that child maybe remember, like you remember like zue York yep, so zo York is a skateboard company or was previously. They don't. I don't think they make skateboards anymore, but Zu York would turn you pro if you response about them. So that'll be like basically like your team picking you up to go to the A.
Speaker 8: And it's a very luc the business. That's why I understand why more people don't, you know, get.
Speaker 4: Involved in it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's lucrative. And it's like certain people, it's wishy washy. Some people get paid, some people don't really get paid. It's kind of like it just depends who you are, and I guess your image.
Speaker 8: I first heard about you sadly through some drama when you got kicked. Oh yeah, yeah, here you're pro skateboarder Tasha Jones kicked off his bike by screen riding in Paris.
Speaker 4: When I started bad, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 9: He black, Yeah, that was very interesting occurrence.
Speaker 4: Why was that? What did did you ever find out what that was about?
Speaker 9: So I never told the full story. I just kind of put it on Instagram because it was funny to me. I was like, because people like you know that, like when stuff happens, it's like people can't it's not going to believe this if I tell him. Like, so we're riding the bikes and we get like two blocks from the hotel, and I'm wearing the Victor Victor hoodie. You know, Steve is my manager, so he deals with Steve, and so he's like, I'm going to film you because I'm gonna to send Steven a video you wearing the hoodie. But before he started filming me, I have my skateboard and I have I have a bag in my hand. So like in Paris, the bikes they're not like city bikes, like they don't have a strap. So I have the skateboard in the bucket and I'm holding the bike with my other hands, so like, my what's the word, I'm looking for my balance. So I'm like I'm biking kind of slow, and then there's this guy's like trailing me and I'm like, I'm like, I'm like, yo, go in front of me, bro, like you see. I'm like, you know what I'm saying, go around. I got like a lot of stuff in my hands. So he comes to the side of me and we're like face to face and he's like, he's like, you get American blah blah blah blah blah, like you get in my country. Da da da da. Okay, So my team manager form Adidas is behind me.
Speaker 3: He's filming.
Speaker 9: He's no, he's not filming at this point. He's just like behind me. And I look at him and I give him a look like I look back at him because he know like I'm not going for that. So we look at each other. He's like please tal Sean no, and I'm like and I look back at the guy. He's like screaming at me, and I'm like, get out of my face or it's going to be an issue. And then he's still going and I'm like so I kind of just like push him away from me, like I give him like I'm like move he bikes off. Whatever. We're like, we're just biking. Now. We bike like five blocks down, like the full videos like a minute long. We're biking and the guy must have biked off waited to the side, and I'm like, we get like six blocks down and I'm just like biking. I'm just going to get breakfast with my team manager from Adidas, who's like a German guy who's like the most peaceful guy in the world. This guy, I just get kicked off the bike out oft know, I'm just biking.
Speaker 12: I just fall on the floor.
Speaker 9: So I'm like, what the just happened? And then I get up and I see the guy like zooming on the bike. So then I look at my team manager and I'm like it's over, Like I don't want to hear nothing, like I'm going to get him. So I grabbed my bike and I started chasing him. But you know, we're from New York, so you no, no, not that he has like one of those bikes with like the like a throt or, way faster than my body.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to get him.
Speaker 9: It was like a movie, like I see him, but he's like fading away and he makes it right and when I get to the corner, let's say ten seconds later, it's like three ways. It's like this way, this way, or this way. So I'm like which way he can go? So then I just go straight and I don't see him, and I'm like, oh my god. And then I was like people like like like I was biking, I'm trying to find this guy.
Speaker 4: Someone's like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 9: Tide showing. I'm like, oh my god, someone's gonna see me like fighting this guy in Paris. But I couldn't find him, so I had to give up.
Speaker 4: No, No, it was funny pushed him first.
Speaker 9: I mean I didn't push him he I mean, it wasn't like I was just like, get out of my face. I wasn't like I didn't start him. I was like, you know, you and my you know, somebody coming up to you and they screaming at you, gonna be like yo, just like back up what you doing. It wasn't like I was like, you know cause I didn't want to be on that type of time and with you know, so.
Speaker 4: He laid and waited for you. Yeah, you miss a skateboard to kick pushing?
Speaker 9: You know how many car you know you know how many calls I got like yo, you allowed that to happen. I'm like, are you like, come on, bro? Like that that didn't go down the way it looked. But then when I got to breakfast and he showed me the video, I was like air dropped me that, Like I have to post that, like it was just too funny, Like sometimes you have to laugh at yourself, like I don't take myself that serious, and I'll be like, like, it's nothing.
Speaker 3: I gonna do what.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go around Paris and look for this guy.
Speaker 8: So when you said why would you do that? You didn't realize it was the guy you had just got into it at first.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I was playing.
Speaker 9: I was strolling. Oh no, I was just messing around. I knew why he did it. I mean, even though I didn't think, you know, I really did anything to him. He started with me. He was cursing at me and like screaming at me in French, calling me an f an American. But yeah, that's the full story for the world.
Speaker 3: How did you get into skateboarding? When did you think it was gonna be a business, because you know, most people know they skateboard, they ride bikes for fun as a kid. But when did you say, oh, this is a business, is gonna be my life.
Speaker 9: So I'll tell you the story how I got into skateboardings really funny. Actually so my brother at the time. He's still my brother, but we're not cool. That's another funny story. But we were at his cousin at his grandmother's house and her nieces and nephew lived there. And remember those TVs that like was kind of built it not TVs, but it'll be a TV and it's.
Speaker 11: Like the speakers and stuff under speakers.
Speaker 9: And then it had like cabinets put stuff exactly, and then it had remember like the CD things the books you could open.
Speaker 4: Up, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: So it was one of those they had that, and they just had a bunch of video games in it, and we wanted it, and we knew they wouldn't like ask us, I mean, they wouldn't give it to us, so we were like, let's take it. So we took like a couple of video games and put it in my private parts, so like if they started looking for it, they wouldn't know where.
Speaker 8: We don't know what you make stealing sound like? Yeah, it was just cool.
Speaker 4: I just took it like we were kids. We were kids.
Speaker 9: We were like no, I was like, nah, he probably thirteen. So we took. I took the We took the video games, and one of them happened to be a skateboarding game, Tony not Tony Hawk.
Speaker 3: It's called Skate.
Speaker 9: It was just called Skate. They have Skate one, Skate two, Skate three, and they they're finally making a new one after like a decade. So I started playing the video games. And when I played the game, we were like, I was like, really, in the video games, we didn't really go outside. I lived in Jersey at this time, and I learned about skateboarding kind of like the tricks and stuff from playing the video game. And one day it was like summer, my mom came home and she was like, all, y'all do is play the video game? Like y'all need to go outside, and we were like, we don't have no money. So she gave us like sixty dollars each, and then we walked the target and bought skateboards and then from there I just kept skating and skating. And I was probably like nine ten at the time. I didn't really know I could maybe make money off of it till I was like fourteen, I started getting paid yeap, what Upreme? That potentially moved on into me skating in it and then getting noticed and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right when we come back, we have more with Tide, Shawn Jones, professional Skateboarders, the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamage and the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with professional skateboarder Shawn Jones Charlamagne.
Speaker 8: How do you convince you your mom that you know this could actually be a profession.
Speaker 9: I had to beg her, honestly. I remember when the first Deals was coming around, even Sony was supreme, Like the money was so small. Like she was like, they're trying to play you that you look up on Google they worth I think at the time it was forty million definitely for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: She was like, they're not about to play my son. Da da da da. And I used to like cry. I had to beg her like just please trust me, Like I'm not doing this for money. I would do it for free, Like this is like it's gonna come. I just have to like build my name. I knew that if I like grind it one day, I could potentially make money and like make some some real money. But it wasn't really about the money to me at that time. You know, I was just young and I was like, I would do this for free, so you know, I just needed the opportunity.
Speaker 8: I love stories like this because you know, I always say, you just got to listen to your kids, and your kids will tell you exactly what it is that they want to do. So you was playing this skate game and then when you got this money, you went out and you bought this skateboard.
Speaker 4: Like what was in your mind.
Speaker 8: Like what was on your spirit that said, I know, this is what I want to do for the rest of all, Like this is what's going to change the trajectory in my life.
Speaker 9: Well, I remember it was like a definitive moment where I like made a decision and I was young. I wanted to be a wrestler, and I wanted to be Spider Man too, Like that's what I was into, Like I used to have, like I used to like really like Spider Man. I thought that that was a profession and Peter Parker nah Toby Maguire that was that was that. Yeah, Peter Parker, I wanted to be a wrestler as well, and then but I was skating, so I would like. I was like, my mom was like, which one are you good to be? And I was just like we moved back to the Bronx and I was like, yeah, I'm gonna just gap like that was the most fun to me. I just stuck with that. So yeah, and.
Speaker 8: There was a period where it's like hip hop really, I guess kind of made skateboarding.
Speaker 4: I guess, I mean cool, or maybe we would.
Speaker 8: I'm not gonna say cool because it was already cool, but when the hip hop artist started doing it, it kind of made it easier for you as a black kid.
Speaker 9: Yeah right, Yeah, for sure. I feel like growing up in the Bronx and stuff, people be like make references Tony Hawk obviously, Lil Wayne. Yeah, I feel like but even though like Loop A, he's known, but I feel like certain people where I'm from, at least I'm not gonna say they don't know Loupe, but that ain't that's not like first to mine. Like they would probably be like, yeah, like Wayne and they would say push, but I don't. I don't think they put two and two together, like you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't know if they even know who sing that song. It was just more like a famous song.
Speaker 4: What did that do for skateboarding culture from your perspective.
Speaker 9: I mean that was already like out, so I didn't see it firsthand. I don't think skateboarding was accepted where I grew up, Like it was like we used to just like kind of laugh and thought it was like funny that I skated, but I was into it. But I remember I kind of lived like two lives, like because you know, I grew up in New York and like having like family in the streets and stuff, so they always kept me fly. So when I would go to school, I would wear like Jordans and like stuff like that. But then I would go home and like put on my skate clothes. It was kind of like I had a double life. Like I would go to school in the Bronx and like this crazy environment and then I would like go home, change my clothes, take the train all the way downtown, and it was like a different world from me. Like it was white people, Asian people, all different type of races, just brought together by skateboard and it's not really like color and skateboarding, Like it's just like everybody kind of having fun so.
Speaker 3: That it was into it a lot too. Like I would always see I feel like that people always thought skateboarders was soft. Yeah, and I would always see skateboarders somebody up all the time. There's skateboards beat somebody's ass and beat somebody's cars. Did y'all always get in the problems of trouble when people thought you I was soft or cut y'all off or.
Speaker 9: I for sure definitely. I think like people don't associate skateboarder with like being tough, but you know that's anything, you know, I'm not saying that people walk around like I'm a tough guy, but not soft. It's just like, but like a skateboard is a weapon. If you hit somebody with a weapon, Like I've known people who hit people with skateboards and like put them in a coma, Like you don't even play with that, Like it's like a metal object that really hurts somebody. So that's like if you have to do that. But obviously, like you see in kids, they hit the guy with the skateboard and stuff. It's happened, but it's really dangerous.
Speaker 8: It's funny too. You said you used to get fly, but then you go home and dress like a skater. But there was a time where that was getting fly for some people. Yeah, I mean I remember the transition.
Speaker 9: Like at first, like I used to wear skate stuff and they would be like, that's like you look like a white boy or whatever. But then it kind of like got popular, you know, with like streetwear and all that stuff, and then it was more accepted. So it was funny to see the transition. But it's dope when you know. To me, some skaters don't like it when they feel like people will come into the culture. But I think it's cool. It brings more odds to the sport and all of that stuff.
Speaker 23: So it was Virgil. I read that Virgil. You and Virgil Ablo had a really good relationship.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we were cool taking a streetwear Yeah, yeah, we were actually working on something before he passed away. It never came to light, but yeah, virtual was cool. We would talk. We were going to do a collaboration with my brand and off White that we were working on. But yeah, his untimely demise, Yeah, it never came out.
Speaker 4: When stuff like that happened, do you just let the whole idea die?
Speaker 12: A do you?
Speaker 9: I mean I really didn't have a I didn't know what to do. You know at that time was it twenty twenty one. I remember my modeling age and called me and told me. But I wasn't going to be like, you know, people are grieving and stuff like that. I'm not going to reach out to his family or like, you know, sorry for your loss. But by the way we were working on it, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, exactly. At that point, to me, it's like, you know, they if somebody from his team knew about it and they reached out and was like I knew you guys working on this, like we want to continue it. But that never happened, and it's okay.
Speaker 4: You know much do you have to hurt yourself to get as good as you've gotten? How many injuries? Broken bones, knock on wood?
Speaker 9: I never really I never broke a bone, okay, but you obviously you fall and stuff like. I just think skateboarding teaches like it's like a life lesson, like you have to keep going to get over the hurdle. You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, if I had a dollar for every time I've heard like, yeah, I tried skateboarding once, but I fell and I quit. You know what I'm saying, Because people don't like to fall once or twice and then they're just like, oh, that hurd, But like, you get used to it. It's like working out. When you first start working out, your body's really soreing and you keep doing it, and you keep doing it and you get used to it and you learn you just have to like want to strive to get better.
Speaker 3: We got more with Todd Seawan Jones. When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning. Everybody is the ej Envy Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking them with professional skateboarder Tide Sean Jones. Correct, correct, I was asking, you know, what do you do to push the limit? Right, because I've seen a lot of things you did. You work with Louis Bataan, right, you with Steven Victims, a friend of the house. In front of the house, I see you jump over a million dollar Ferraris in the middle of Manhattan. So, so what do you do to push the limit for the next generation that you know, things that we haven't seen or things that you want to do.
Speaker 9: I just think it's limitless, you know, like even like to the Ferrari. Let's just use that as an example. Like I try to when I skate I want to like make it relatable because skateboarding, to me is so what's the word. It's just like you don't understand it. You just see like somebody flying in the air. And I think that skateboarding gets like culturally, it's like accepted because people understand it's cool, and it's like they like some people won't call it a sport, but it's the sport that like the outsiders because you do it alone. It's individual, where like basketball or something like that, as a team and you go to a stadium and stuff like that, and it's more you can dissect it easier. Like you know, somebody's running down the court, they pass, they shoot, it's two, it's three. You know what I'm saying. Skateboarding you can't learn everything. It's impossible because there's like combos. You could jump onto this table and manual and this that, you know what I'm saying. So it's literally impossible to be able to do every trick. So and I think that's why I gravitated to it as well, because you know, to me, I like to keep setting the bar, but.
Speaker 3: You still learn new tricks, you still do new things.
Speaker 9: Or oh man, it's kind of hard because I mean I try to learn new tricks. Sometimes I get new tricks, but now I'm at a point like you know, it's a gift in the curves, but I go to the skatepark and people watch me, so it's kind of like, you know what I'm saying. So it's kind of like a little like weird sometimes trying to learn a trick because people look at you at this point like you're a professional, Like they think in their mind like you probably could just land everything. So when you're trying to like go into the like I'm trying to train, kind of vibe at like a public place and somebody might be filming you, or this is just kind of hard, you know what I'm saying. You don't see, you know, Luca in the park practicing, you know what I'm saying. He has a private facility where he's training and he could try to learn new things. So I'm working on that right now, to try to get a private indoor skate park so I could practice.
Speaker 4: Are there new tricks though?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, not.
Speaker 9: New tricks, but tricks you probably haven't done, you know what I'm saying. Like, sorry to keep referring back to basketball, but like you know, somebody might not be able to go left as easy or as you know what I'm saying, so they could practice that, or they can't dunk through their let you know what I'm saying. So it's impossible to know everything. You know, as good as you are, you could always progress, so you know.
Speaker 23: I know Charlotte aks about what was the LV the friend of the house thing. I told him he would explain it and for real brought you into that. Was it because of the Virgil relationship or just because he's been like watching what you've been doing.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's because of the virgial relationship. I think he's just a fan of skateboard and he obviously skateboards. He likes the sport and the culture and probably thought I was a good representative for the brand and bad I guess I'm sponsored by Louis Vautan events with them Yeah, build events, close, go to the shows, campaigns, stuff like that.
Speaker 8: So yeah, money, black people accepted into skating, Like is it one of those things where it's Yeah, I think black people skate is accepted as skating for sure.
Speaker 9: I mean I don't think there's like a lot of professional black skaters maybe like twenty twenty five, but yeah, we're accepted for sure.
Speaker 8: And what's the evolution of skateboarding? And really an evolution of you you know what? I hear things like skateboards coming out of like what damn are you in that they're gonna be?
Speaker 9: I don't know. I'm in Tony Hawk coming out. So they got a new one, a remastering, so that's about to come out. I was in the last one. The evolution of skateboarding, that's a great question.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: It's in the Olympics now, you know. I just think it's getting bigger and better, Like Louis Gaiton is sponsoring it. So I'm excited to see where it goes, and maybe it does get to a place where it's like a basketball or football and people really dive into it more and look at it and you know, try to understand it a little bit more. Besides, just like skateboarders are cool or like have like a fashion aspect to them, so it's unknown where it could go. I think this guy's the limit.
Speaker 8: And Tony Hawk's still the guy guy right like he is he the godfather of it.
Speaker 9: All, for sure. It's interesting. I was having a conversation with somebody. It's interesting that he made it like really mainstream. Like when people think of skateboarding, they referred to yeah, but it's only been one Like you don't, like imagine music, when people thought of rap, they just like Biggie Biggie. You want to be like Biggie, But there's a thousand rappers, you know what I'm saying. So that just goes to show like how like skateboarding is just weird in that way that it hasn't been Like everybody who's like super famous off skateboarding, they got famous doing other things. Like Tony Hawk, he's so famous because of the video games. Rob Deerdeck is Rob Deardeck because he had the TV show. So I think there's always another element to like getting over to that real mainstream level, you know what I'm saying. I don't think anybody ever successfully did it. Just being a skateboarder.
Speaker 4: How'd you connect with Stephen Victor through a friend?
Speaker 9: I called a friend and I was like, I'm looking for a Ferrari or like a sports car that I want to jump over. I was like, I know your friend has some. Do you think he would like let me rent one from him and do it. He's like, let me call you back, and I was like all right. He called me back like immediately, and he was We were on three way and he was like, so tell him what you want to do and I was like, uh, I want to like jump over your car with a skateboard. Would you let me rent it? I'll like put some insurance, like I'll put some money down in case something happens. And he was like, nah, that's what insurance is for. And I was like all right, it's crazy. And he's like he's like that sounds fire. Like let's do it. Let's meet. My friend had been coming to New York because he was living in LA and he was like, we're going to go to his office. And then we came to his office and he was he was like, so, what do you want to do again? And I was like just telling him, like he's like you think you could do it. I was like, yeah, I think so, like for sure, and then he's like, all, we're gonna set it up this week, and then like three days later we made it happen. It was just something I wanted to do, like I just have, you know, random ideas.
Speaker 3: Make it sound like yeah, like that wasn't a typical Ferrari because one of very few be.
Speaker 11: Able to call a friend who gets Stephen Victor on the phone.
Speaker 3: Probably four million right now. It has no top. It's it's one of those ones that there is no fixing it up. It's a rat.
Speaker 4: But it was.
Speaker 9: But that's why you say, you make it sound like that. But it was innocent. It wasn't like so premeditated, like I wanted to do it, but I didn't know that it was gonna be like that, you know what I'm saying, Like I didn't know, not even just the car. I didn't know that, like people would gravitate to it so crazy. I thought, you know what I'm saying, but it resonates, you know exactly how said like you don't know tricks, but you know that car. You get what I'm saying. So in your mind you like, oh, he just jumped over a four million dollar car. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The way I first saw it, I just thought it was the car was parking. You just did it roll.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then when I found out that, Wat said Steven is crazy. Yeah, but I don't know what he got too much money.
Speaker 5: For all that.
Speaker 8: Basically, Stephen Victor charged you ten to fifteen percent for the rest.
Speaker 12: Of your life.
Speaker 4: We made up.
Speaker 9: We made a moment, you know, trying to make more.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you for joining us. Thank you so much, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Keep encouraging kids.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 8: You the only skateboard I know right now, So I'm gonna be watching you and in my mind you Tony Hawk. So when I bring up skateboard now, yeah, Tashawan Jones chilling it out.
Speaker 4: Here, that's right.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you, Thank you for having me. And it's a real full circle moment. I'm not gonna lie. I watched Breakfast Club on YouTube, like I'll be on YouTube when I go home and I watch you gout stuff. So I really appreciate you having me.
Speaker 3: I was gonna bring a skateboard to see if you could teach us all a trick. But we're too old for that.
Speaker 5: Hurt.
Speaker 9: When I get them, get back, when I get this, when I get the skate park, y'all come through.
Speaker 3: Say no more. It's Shawn Jones. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning thing, everybody. It's the j n v Ess, Hilary Charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I just can't do it while we playing this record, I just don't understand. You Just gotta laugh, man, I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: It's laughing. Just laugh. Let's get to Jest with the mess, real lions, just a robbing Moore. Just don't do no lines, don't do that talk.
Speaker 11: She don't stand upbody talk the world Why Jess worldwide mats.
Speaker 3: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 22: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 5: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 11: So I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 10: I've never really been like a big fan of SNL, but the sn L fifty was big, and I've seen a couple of big moments that you know, we talked about a lot. Yeah, the Jeopardy. I saw a shout out to least Leslie Jones.
Speaker 4: That's my girl.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, she was hosted and I think it was the e carpet. She got to me that as people were going into the SNL party after. Yeah, she was everywhere this weekend, but everybody popped out, Like I mean, some of the biggest celebrities in the world have been a part of the SNL umbrella. So of course the moments were big this weekend as they celebrated SNL turning fifty. Now one of the highlights for me anytime you get to see Eddie Murphy back on stage, your.
Speaker 11: Back on screen.
Speaker 23: So they did this skit with Eddie Murphy and they kind of leaned into the nunny professor him and Keenan. They did a scared scared straight skit.
Speaker 11: Let's listen to that.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, look at them pretty brown eye.
Speaker 8: They're gonna love you in prison, Arihanno Paquino, the why'd you shot little Huh?
Speaker 3: I was just trying to impress my girlfriend.
Speaker 12: She think as hell.
Speaker 4: You think I never tried to impress a woman, you know once I was a four hundred pound professor. Huh, And I'm fell in love with j Pinking, but.
Speaker 20: He was ashamed of his weight, so he drank a cereum, turned them in the button up.
Speaker 4: Then you go to it then at the comes house and you realize that everybody at the table.
Speaker 25: Yo, okay, that's almost certainly the nutty Professor.
Speaker 3: You better shut your jam you'll be prof.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: Professor Clubb was ahead of his time because that ceremony nothing but Olympics now and when Jarro and all that other stuff.
Speaker 11: Uh, that's in. Those kids they make me miss the Waynes. Oh yeah, the color.
Speaker 10: They had them doing the writing and had them doing you know, shout out to everybody. Came in and uh, Eddie and Will Ferrell and they my people. But the Wayne is like they're supposed to be doing stuff like this.
Speaker 4: You're saying the Waynes is just better than that. That's you said.
Speaker 10: Absolutely sold to different different with them, Jim Curry, I needed all of them.
Speaker 4: Nowadel back in the day though, when it was like the Will.
Speaker 8: Ferrells and the Tina Fays and Eddie all of them were there.
Speaker 23: By the way, Yeah, they're back back in the day a little crazy. So they they had this one skit where they kind of threw back to that. It was like an in memory in mirandom. However, you say that word, and it basically was like them throwing back to the times where like they had like very uh sketchy moments or.
Speaker 11: Guests that now it just doesn't age.
Speaker 23: Well controversy, but it wasn't controversial controversial.
Speaker 10: So let's say these skits couldn't have been dropped today.
Speaker 23: Or just the guests wouldn't have been allowed to come on today. SNL problematic skits, I said, a listen to that.
Speaker 26: I'm speaking, of course about SNL characters and sketches that have aged horribly.
Speaker 3: We now present to you this in memorial.
Speaker 8: Why don't you drop out of that green jump suit and show me that fat ass.
Speaker 4: It looks like this just might Lucky Dame, I'll check the rapuists for two hundred. Now that's therapists.
Speaker 23: They got guys dancing with guys, girls dancing with girls, guys who look like girls dancing with girls.
Speaker 26: These are your hessing at that joke.
Speaker 12: It should be I know that that that joke was written by a woman. Now I just kid, and we don't hire women.
Speaker 9: Don't judge a book by his colly, my man is like R Kelly, Thank you to R Kelly.
Speaker 4: I'm Jared Boller from.
Speaker 8: M They didn't put Chevy Chase when he said the N word. Though they ain't put that for when he was ann L cast member.
Speaker 10: Problematic problem, they still had to keep it a little cute.
Speaker 23: R Kelly's attorney did come out and speak on this, SNL like the fact that they mentioned him, and she said that it was rather arrogant that SNL sees it as their job to decide who should and should not be canceled.
Speaker 11: But at this point, I mean, we didn't. I haven't heard R Kelly's anymore.
Speaker 10: One thing, you gonna know, somebody attorney says, you know, I'm.
Speaker 11: Key attorney. Nor is t MC dot com, n b C M s n b C the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: I never even seen Kelly on s n L. I don't remember that.
Speaker 23: I think it's them leaning into just saying like Diddy was talking about R Kelly, so it's.
Speaker 4: R Kelly was on the show. He was on that with Lady Gaga. I saw that. Sorry, I saw it there, but I never.
Speaker 11: Saw him on Yeah me neither.
Speaker 23: I'm just saying that the attorney upset, but Honestly, I haven't heard his name in a while, so I wouldn't be upset if I was heard at least somebody's mentioned him somewhere name.
Speaker 10: It's always some stuff. I mean, it's not really like report worthy, but he'd be the stuff coming out.
Speaker 23: Well, this was the one thing that got people pissed off, and I thought that this was the lightest thing that happened all night. Tom Hanks played a character during the Black Jeopardy skit, a character named Doug who's a MACI supporter.
Speaker 11: Let's say listen to that.
Speaker 9: This religious character has made people laugh for years.
Speaker 5: This dog.
Speaker 4: Now I heard a fellow.
Speaker 26: Could we're in some money here? And I know exactly who that is? The church later day. Yes, yes, that is correct Doug. And I speaking of church, can I say something if more folks went to church, we wouldn't be in this mess wherein?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Doug.
Speaker 4: I'd like to shake your hand, sir, here we go. Oh no, no, it's just it's just a handshake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, my mind by brother.
Speaker 12: Maybe I'll started to show for you to.
Speaker 3: Come on and we'll call it Lot jeopard. We don't need it. We don't need it.
Speaker 23: So they're mocking White Lives Matter. They are making MAGA supporters out to be racist. That's how the MAGA supporters feel anyway, because he wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Shake Keen his hands, and.
Speaker 23: And he had a MAGA hat on, and they he's like, everybody needs to go to church. The MAGA supporters was so upset at this, They're like, Yo, Trump is a president at this point, y'all need to let it go.
Speaker 11: Like whatever, however y'all feel you need to let it go.
Speaker 23: I didn't think that was an issue, though, you should be upset if it wasn't funny, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: It was so light why she did forgot it even happened.
Speaker 23: And this is what everybody's taking from this, Like Addie Murphy did all these kits and this is what y'all got to say. But yeah, So that was s n L fifty and the after party was crazy to everybody popped out for the after party as well.
Speaker 10: To Kim Kardashian. Leslie Jones was there as well. What about the performances, any performances.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Lil Wayne performed. You had Lauren Hill there as well, and honestly.
Speaker 11: People she was on top of this water and oh this morning she was on time.
Speaker 23: But people were actually like, I guess not confused, but they were excited to see little Wayne performing and having a good time and doing well. And Regin they had to pop out and be like, get off.
Speaker 11: His you know, well, how did he sound. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 3: We got it?
Speaker 5: What the we?
Speaker 4: And love go five folk three two?
Speaker 12: I let one go, get up ut.
Speaker 4: I don't love throat.
Speaker 23: I head like a buffalo and you're a rough neck while I'm a cutthroat.
Speaker 4: If you're a tough guy to that's a tough joke.
Speaker 26: And then the sun died, the night is jump though the Nama steal shine and her rough was like, what the what a love got five.
Speaker 15: Fo three two?
Speaker 3: He sounded like Little Wayne sound good to me? Yeah, he sounds good to me.
Speaker 23: But people were like, oh my god, he's moving around the stage. Oh my god, he's having a good time, like he's alert. And she's like, yo, stop playing with him, like my dad have a good time. He performed all the time. Go play with somebody else.
Speaker 8: Like they trying to say a little wing with incapacitating and conservative.
Speaker 23: They try to make it see you after he didn't get the super Bowl. It's like he's not capable of doing anything. Day Chappelle introduced him into the performance as well too, so Dave.
Speaker 11: Chap actually had some good skids too. He did the immigrant dad skit.
Speaker 10: I thought it was funny and it was like it was like a Mexican and he was the black neighbor of Black Richard.
Speaker 11: That was funny here, but I.
Speaker 4: Missed all of that. How long was this show?
Speaker 5: How long?
Speaker 23: This show was like two and a half hours long. Watch it on Peacock straight through. It's like two and a half two and a half hours long. I didn't if it was two days. I didn't watch both days. I know that they did everything at the party. It was a whole week and day. Yeah, yeah, that's enough.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 11: Yeah's to go ahead. Thank you.
Speaker 3: That is yes with the mess. Thank you, Jess, Thank you.
Speaker 22: En.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, charloa mane donkey today? Who you give me a donkey too?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 8: We need the US Department of Education to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with him this morning place.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into that next and don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: This is a miracle, there is no question.
Speaker 27: And there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 3: Now the new developments in the definitely spawshooting rampage.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was a really bad day for him and.
Speaker 23: This is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 8: Okay, White supremacist violence, it is always have been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 4: But I'm also very proud that my wife is white. The practice club bitches.
Speaker 9: All right, Brendy, please tell me why was I your donkey.
Speaker 4: Of the day.
Speaker 8: The way things are going, They're gonna sign an executive order to make me change that intro soon. But Donkey of today for Tuesday, February eighteenth goes to the US Department of Education. Will well, should I say Donald Trump's US Department of Education. Now, if you haven't been paying attention to what's going on in the world, because it hasn't popped up on shade rooms just yet, let me be the first to tell you that Donald Trump and the Department of Education have decided to eliminate all race based programs in schools.
Speaker 4: Okay, and they got fourteen days to get rid of it. That's right.
Speaker 8: The Department of Education plans to cut funding for initiatives that address racial disparities in education. They will penalize schools that consider race in scholarships, hiring.
Speaker 4: And a bunch of other activities. Okay.
Speaker 8: They warned schools that they risk losing federal funding if they continue to take race into account when making scholarship or hiring decisions. Are so much as nodded to race in all other aspects of student academic and campus life. Oh, I can't make this kind of stuff up. Let's go to the national desk for the report.
Speaker 27: Police doz's newest target diversity, equity and Inclusion at the Department of Education, identifying seventy DEI training grants amounting to three hundred and seventy three million dollars. According to DOZE, one such grant trained teachers to engage in self reflection to confront their own biases and racism. This comes as the Department of Education continues its crackdown on DEI programs and policies in schools. On Friday, the acting Assistant Secretary sent out a lot that are reminding institutions any discrimination based on race, color, or national origin is illegal, adding institutions failing to comply with federal civil rights law based potential loss of federal funding. Critics quick to respond, what does this mean?
Speaker 28: Are they going to take away funding from historically black colleges? Are they going to take away funding from public schools that have a Latino student union? To me, it indicates just the fanatical obsession that this administration has in terms of going against DEI.
Speaker 4: This is America twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: You know, America's core values allegedly have always been liberty.
Speaker 4: Equality, and justice. These values are supposed to be the.
Speaker 8: Foundation of American democracy, but they aren't, okay, never have been. It's liberty, equality, injustice for white men, and then is the rest of us all right? In fact, the only reason things like affirmative action exist is because government needed a remedy for the effects of long standing discrimination in this country. Now, somebody needs to explain to me what's changed, okay?
Speaker 4: In a country with.
Speaker 8: Systemic racism is literally rooted in every institution, the solution is now to pretend that racism and other forms of discrimination just simply don't exist.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to.
Speaker 8: Doing things the way they were being done before these race based programs existed. So let's go back to doing what caused us to have to come up with the race based programs to begin with. This is all part of a broader agenda to remove what they call wokeness from American education.
Speaker 4: And look, I don't care.
Speaker 8: For wokeness either, Okay, I believe most woke people just simply need some sleep. But the reality is wokeness and programs designed to level the playing field for marginalized students are not the same.
Speaker 4: Okay, you can't just scrip away those programs.
Speaker 8: That's like having a leaky roof and you decide to fix that leaky roof by.
Speaker 4: Removing the roof entirely. That would make no sense.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: This is also the latest step in the Trump administration's move to reshape programs intended to make things equal for historic underserved populations as a form of racial discrimination.
Speaker 4: Craig Trainer, who's.
Speaker 8: The Education Department's Acting Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, said related programs and scholarships, many of which have historically helped black and Latino students attain college degrees. Our fine community had come at the expense of white and Asian students, many of whom come from disadvantage backgrounds Now, let me read to you a quote from Craig Trainer, because this is interesting.
Speaker 4: He said, And I quote. At its core, the test is simple.
Speaker 8: If an educational institution treats a person of one race differently than it treats another person because of that person's race, the educational institution.
Speaker 4: Violates the law.
Speaker 8: Well, god damn, how many institutions of treated white people differently and given them preferenceal treatment over every other other? Okay, Trainer says put simply, educational institutions may neither separate or segregate students based on race, nor distribute benefits are burdens based on race. I could be wrong because I am not the highest grade weed in the dispensary. But we got to these race based programs. We implemented things like affirmative action to make sure that policies and programs gave limited preferences to minorities in women, not just the institutions of higher education, but job hiring, awarding a government contract, to other social benefits. They had to implement these things because if they didn't, white privilege would rule everything around me. Education is supposed to be the great equalizer, but how can it be when the very programs aimed at uplifting.
Speaker 4: The underserved are being dismantled.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump in the Department of Education are sending a very clear message, and that message is that few niggas right.
Speaker 4: They aren't interested.
Speaker 8: In addressing the real issues of any quality in our schools. Instead, they would rather gaslight us, tell us we trip in sweep to inequality under the rug, and then tell us to act like we don't see the lull.
Speaker 4: So all these colleges that offer.
Speaker 8: Scholarships and grants specifically for students of certain ethnic backgrounds, all that's just gone. Schools are just barred from using race and decisions pretending to admissions and hiring and promotion, compensation, financial aid, scholarships, prizes, administrative support, discipline, housing, graduation, ceremonies, and all the other aspects of student academic and campus life.
Speaker 4: Who is going to be policing this?
Speaker 8: Okay, what about America in twenty twenty five should make any of us believe we can trust people to do the right thing in regards to prejudice and discrimination, because if you ask me, what the Department of Education is currently doing is indeed prejudice and discrimination. And you know the main reason we should teach the true history of America so we don't repeat all mistakes. Winston Churchill once said, those who failed to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. We have learned nothing, and so here we are. Please let Kathy Griffin give the Department of Education the biggest he hull.
Speaker 4: Please give this giant yar mail the biggest he hal It's co worldy coworld crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank you for that, donkey of theday. Now let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Now we were talking about this earlier. With all the recent plane crashes and close calls on the runway, all you scared to fly? Does it make you nervous? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We've seen what happened with Delton Toronto, the plane flipped over. We've seen what happened in even the private jet and Philly, where you know the plane went right into a residential neighborhood.
Speaker 8: It is forty five thousand commercial flights a day, y'all, forty five thousand commercial flights a day, and it's been two incidents with commercial flights.
Speaker 10: I just feel like maybe because it's so close, like you know what I mean, And then whether it's commercially in DC, you know what I mean, DC, Philly, and then the plane was coming from Kansas City and then another plane, Like it's just a lot, Like I feel like it's a lot. You know, in any time you fly for a living, you look at stuff like that because that's what I do.
Speaker 11: I fly a lot, so right I look.
Speaker 10: To that like, damn, you know, is that anything be any playing anybody?
Speaker 8: I mean, well, we're saying it's a lot, but the reality is there's been two commercial flights.
Speaker 3: And it is the safest way to travel. It's saying flying is still one of the safest ways to travel. Is safer than drive, any safer than anywhere.
Speaker 11: I still don't doubt that.
Speaker 10: But it's just a lot going on, Like when you hear these stories, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a lot. Well, let's open up the phone lines with ticket calls when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one call us up. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, pull out, pull out your.
Speaker 4: Phone, call in right now. You call me, add your opinion to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Top break it down.
Speaker 29: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one the Breakfast Club. It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Warning, everybody's dej envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. We're asking with the recent plane crashes and the close calls on the runway, are you scared to fly? Now, let's talk with you, Jess. Are you scared to fly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I'm scared to fly.
Speaker 10: You know, it's not that to the point that I won't do it, but I'm definitely frightened, you know what I mean. Like since the old DC collision that has definitely had me a little frazzle, you know what I mean. But I was debating and not even going to Super Bowl weekend, you know.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not scared to fly, but I'm definitely more aware of what's been going on, like like even me checking my surrounding is gonna do something, but it just makes me feel better. But with all the recent crashes and the close course, I still know that flying is the safest way to travel. I mean, when you're on that road, there's so many people that's slick, slick highways, there's people falling asleep, there's so many other obstacles. So I wouldn't say that I'm scared, but I'm definitely more aware.
Speaker 8: What about you, Charlaman, Well, you know it's interesting, right because all I need to see is one thing happened one time in order for me to think it's gonna happen to me. Good are bad? I don't know if I don't know if I'm scared though, And the reason I don't think I'm scared is because I just do math. You know, forty five thousand flights happened in America a day, like just commercial flights. When we look at you know, people use words like we say, all of these are a lot of It's only been two commercial flights that if this has happened to and the flight that happened in DC that was the first time in what sixteen years or something like.
Speaker 3: That A long time. Yeah, but still it's still scary though, I mean it is.
Speaker 8: But when you put about, when you think about it in context, forty five thousand commercial flights a day and two commercial flights have had some mishaps.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: But that lady. Think about the lady on that flight that texted her husband when she was on the way down. She was seven minutes from landing. That's the DC the plane, the plane that landed that it actually I've just seen the video. It actually landed. It then't flipped over you. I've never heard of a plane for it. Because Wow, they said it was the wind. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying. They landed in Toronto. Maybe they was listening in the Drake and P and D's album. Didn't really like it in the plane was over. Nobody dies, what's wrong with you? I'm just saying. I'm just said, I just want people. Let's just put things in context.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 9: But even what you.
Speaker 10: Said, and when you said, like, how have that a plane is heavy as hell? How would a gust of.
Speaker 11: Wind flip a I mean flip a plane over like's.
Speaker 8: We're talking about an acre nature now, when God ready to flip some stuff over, he can flip something over.
Speaker 10: What I'm saying, if it could flip a plane over, like, was there anything else damaged in that area?
Speaker 11: That's a that's a plane, yo, Like, I mean.
Speaker 4: That wouldn't be commercial. That wind is taking trees out the ground.
Speaker 8: Nowadays, the wind is the wind that this one ain't the win we grew up on not We talk about climate change and everything, but this wind is way stronger nowadays than it was back in the day. But I just want us to put things in perspective when we're going around saying things like a lot in all of it's been two two commercial flights have had mishaps in twenty twenty five. Let's go to the phone, the flight attendant or the people that's people just yeah.
Speaker 10: But I'm just saying, just because you ain't scared, don't mean you gotta keep repeating it's forty five thousand flights.
Speaker 4: The context.
Speaker 11: We get that. But at the same time.
Speaker 4: D we need to put I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 11: Everybody died on a DC flight.
Speaker 4: Everybody died, and that's horrible, That is terrible.
Speaker 8: But I'm just saying, we got to put things in context because you still gotta fly.
Speaker 4: I still gotta fly. Everybody still gotta fly.
Speaker 8: Forty five thousand flight d fly and day.
Speaker 3: But I will say this before we go to the phone calls. It makes me really think about when those flight attendants be doing a whole security spill and the whole safety spell. I don't be paying them no mine, but now I'm gonna be. I'm like, well, let me just double check because even with the seatbelt, I see a lot of people that don't even put their seatbelt on. But could you imagine those people upside down with no seatbelt on.
Speaker 8: I want to say, I want to say one thing, because you said this earlier Enving is true. Not only is flying still the safest way to fly, there's way more accidents on the rope wing scared to drive every day.
Speaker 11: No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Actually that's my.
Speaker 3: Point, because I think you have more You feel like you have more control driving, like you're driving yourself, and you feel like you have more.
Speaker 4: Control what happens what everybody else doing plane.
Speaker 8: You know, you know, you know, you know that the things that scared me on the road is when you hear these accidents about like you're going through a light like a green light when somebody decided to run around like that. Remember the incident that happened in California back in the day. That's the stuff I think about.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 12: Who's this?
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: We're talking about with the recent plane crashes. Are you scared to fly?
Speaker 5: Mama?
Speaker 19: Oh so I'm not. I'm not scared to fly. And the reason being is because I actually work in the aviation industry. Planes going off, the I S plane going off every day. Planes are still going off. I will say, though, I've noticed like people aren't mindful of when to travel, Like people are just worried about getting to where they want to get to. They're not really being mindful of if you're flying to an area that has really bad weather, you know, sometimes it's okay to hold off a day or two before you want to get there, or you know, catch a flight there.
Speaker 7: A lot of people just come up to us, like.
Speaker 19: We need to get home now, we need to get there now? Is there another flight? Like they're not worried about their safety at all.
Speaker 8: Can ask your questions that you work in aviation, you know, they announced that hundreds of FAA employees were fired by the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 19: They talked about air traffic controllers. Air traffic controllers acc are the people that are in charge of they're like basically police in the air that are in charge of the plane to let them know, Okay, you can go off, you can land, or all right, you got to go this way. They give them their route, They give them everything, like before you go off into the area, you have to contact air traffic control so they can give you a route to go to your destination. And they fired a bunch of those people, so they're kind of short staff in that area, and it is making it difficult for them because we need them, like all happens and planes and airlines need a lot of air traffic controls because they're the ones who control especially when there's weather like let's just say, if there's snow and like it's been snowing in Boston up north a lot, and they're canceling all flights like yesterday, and between yesterday and the day before yesterday, at least a thousand Jeffanue flights were canceled going into Boston and coming out of Boston because it's like two three four feet of snow in Boston.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 20: It was.
Speaker 3: They canceled a lot of flights in Boston. When I was coming back from my daughter's dance competition. People couldn't make it back. I drove back, but people couldn't make it back yep.
Speaker 19: So they're in charge of helping us, making sure that we don't go into the air into bad weather.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 4: And so why would they fire That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Why would you fire hundreds of these people and not have a replacement for him?
Speaker 19: But yeah, I'm not afraid to fly. I just say, be mindful of when you're flying. If you know there's gonna be babe, brother, just take a day or two and just wait.
Speaker 3: Thank you mama. But I will say this, I think we trust in them airlines to make those decisions for us, right because we don't know how bad it is. So you know, we see snow, we see rain, we see winding. We trust that those airlines will make the decision because they would know better than us, right, So we get on that plane, we're thinking that they're making a decision that say, hey, we can fly you guys they're safety, so it's hard for a person to do it, you know.
Speaker 10: And then what the crazy thing about it? That is when the airline canceled the flight, everybody mad. And then that's when you go trying to find other flights. That's what that lady was just saying, like maybe it's the reason that they canceled, and.
Speaker 11: Like, chill out. Take that as a sign.
Speaker 10: But y'all go book other flights and find other ways to get there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So well, eight hundred five eight five one five one, we're asking all you scared to fly? Call us up right now? Is the Breakfast Club? Good morning owning everybody. It's DJ Envy, just hilarious, charlamage the God. We are the Breakfast Club if you're just joining us with opening up the lines. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. Of course, there was a plane crash over the weekend in Toronto. Nobody died, thank god. The plane actually flipped upside down. So we're asking, with the recent plane crashes and close calls on a runway, are you scared to fly? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: You doing man?
Speaker 5: Jersey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: We're asking all you scared to fly.
Speaker 30: It's a man called scared to fly. But every time I do get on the plane, it is very nerve wrecking. I'm not saying, you know, I always just put that inside of God's hands. Most of it, I just prayed and you know, hopefully we get this safe and come on, because when I get for loved ones that we get on these type of things, you know, when you get on, you've got to really just preconsequently and put that in God's hands.
Speaker 8: Mostly that is true, because I can't sit here and act like I'm any more concerned to fly than I was before all of this, because you're literally in a seat in the sky, and I'm the guy that will get on the plane, especially on long flights, and get pilots dunkin donut cards and you know what I mean. Early, I do stuff like that through the pilots because your.
Speaker 4: Life is in these people's hands.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: So we're acting so concerned now, But when the last time you got off a plane and said, thank you pilot for getting safely all the time?
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this the word?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: You're scared to fly?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: Look, I ain't gonna lie my first time flying was back in May last year for my daughter's birthday. I was terrified.
Speaker 25: I was terrified.
Speaker 4: Where'd you go?
Speaker 6: I'm sitting by the back of the wing. We went to take this they got that big color heard the biggest color hurry.
Speaker 12: In the world.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: It was actually nice though, even but I sat by the window.
Speaker 7: That was my problem.
Speaker 6: And I was sitting like right behind the wings. I'm looking out the window. All I see is the wings flat, and I'm thinking, finally station. Yeah, that mother was moving, bro like a bird.
Speaker 19: That mother was.
Speaker 4: What was taking you got on there high?
Speaker 6: No look I was I was too stopn That was my problem.
Speaker 4: That was fabling.
Speaker 6: But I'm trying make it a like a yearly thing for my daughter's birthday every year. Try to take the plane somewhere different just to show or something she just parent fo last year, bodies or something. Trying to make new memories with her.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: Thank you brother. I will say this too. You know, my dad was in the military and he when he was in the military, he fixed planes in the helicopters and he will not fly. My dad will not fly for he just he don't like flying. He's scared. But he just does not fly. I don't know if it's something that he's seen in military or you know whatever, but he will not fly. And he was Vietnam War. He will not fly. Eighty two years old. He will drive to Florida. He will drive the Vegas, he will drive the California.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 3: This is Ernest, Ernest, good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you guys doing this morn? Soared to fly this morning?
Speaker 5: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: We got to understand these planes are man made, and you just got to have faith in God. When it's our time, it's our time. You know, flying is your main mode of transportation, depending on your job, then that's what you gotta do. It shouldn't have to worry anybody. I think Charlottagne's had forty five thousand flights a day and two incidents. I don't think there's too much to worry about. More than anything, I think these accidents should prove to the little orange dude that DEI is necessary.
Speaker 3: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming based off of the stuff I read, these these pilots were not in fact black or white or accuse me, black or women, but that they were white male pilots.
Speaker 8: Oh, I think in DC DC it was a woman. One of the pilots were women.
Speaker 4: Was a woman.
Speaker 2: Whether I was missing for.
Speaker 4: I don't think. I don't think none of that matters, though, Like that don't matter.
Speaker 3: It's your qualifications when it comes to flying. A lot of classes, you take the amount of airtime you have flying. I don't think that matters in this one.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 4: That is true, all right.
Speaker 3: What's the moral of the story, if there is a moral, Guys, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if there is a moral.
Speaker 8: I mean I just think, like, you know what, like the woman said, Like the woman said, who was the woman that called up and just said, like, you know, just be cautious of the circumstances, like because of the weather and things like that, like that the only thing I can think of.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't don't.
Speaker 3: She's right, She's right. How many times have a flight been delayed and you upset and you're like, I gotta get another flight instead of saying, you know what, this is a sign let me just fall back and sometimes we just like you said, just take it, sit your ass down and just see what happens. You know all right, well we got just with the mess coming up. What were we talking about?
Speaker 10: He said, Rocky try to play the family called in court Rihanna Kane with the kids. But the prose secutors wasn't having it. They started fighting and all that. So we're not fighting, but you know, arguing. So we're gonna get into that.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club falling. Everybody is dj n V. Just Hlarryus Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 12: You use is real?
Speaker 11: Just Ca Robin Moore just don't do no line, don't do that.
Speaker 20: Talk talk world, why Jess World? While on the Breakfast Club, she's a coach of ship.
Speaker 22: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 5: That's time to set it off.
Speaker 10: Saw the prosecutors in the courtroom for a sap and uh really was They was about to squabble up.
Speaker 23: They got into it. It was a problem, okay, So first of all they were arguing. It was it was doing a break a SAPs attorney Joe Tecapina had just started his closing arguments. They took a break in between, and the prosecutors are basically saying, y'all are getting special to the judge, He's like, yo, you're giving them special treatment, Like he says things that you should that when I object to you should be like, nah, he can't.
Speaker 11: You can't say that that. That can't be set in front of a jury.
Speaker 23: They were arguing about perjury and uh offsets attorney saying that the prosecutor's office is with perjury basically with their attorney.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, ACEPS attorney for no reason cause we're going.
Speaker 23: We're going there next. Sorry y'all, but a SAPs attorney they were. The prosecutors are basically saying that acep's attorney gets special treatment and that ASAPS attorney accused the prosecutors of being down with perjury and letting their witnesses low and the stand.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listens.
Speaker 4: From that thought.
Speaker 3: And this is a guy who the ninth sort of just said life of jewelry in the.
Speaker 25: Rap about one thing and the air everything that's happening.
Speaker 9: In this day.
Speaker 25: What's the court to world?
Speaker 9: Stop?
Speaker 4: He might have won saw.
Speaker 5: Breath.
Speaker 8: You know you should be yell, let's shut up, let's take a break.
Speaker 11: Yes, wow, that was them getting into it, and it was.
Speaker 23: It was to the point where like uh, Joe Tecapina, he took his jacket off like it was in The judge had to be like, yo, I don't want to hear nothing from either one of y'all.
Speaker 11: Be quiet.
Speaker 23: The judge did admit though, once they went back in and went through what Joe Takapino ACEPS attorney said about perjury, that he should have stricken it from the record in front of jury. So he said that when the jury came back in he would go back and fix that because he should have done it.
Speaker 11: So that was the first part of it.
Speaker 23: But then in the closing argument for the prosecutor, they brought up Rihanna and the fact that the babies wasn't court last week as well.
Speaker 11: Let's take it was the first time she bought celebrity.
Speaker 25: His wife should even bigger celebrity.
Speaker 4: Many you know who they are.
Speaker 25: They brought in too, and the horrible children yesterday for closing arguments. Now, they have been here at any other time, and you have to ask yourselves, those kids have a right to be here. Why have children now ay would be your situation like this? Don't know, right, you have to ask yourselves. Am I gonna let my feelings of not wanting to convict the defender? If if you convict him, it's going to be very difficult on the band. That is not something you are allowed to consider.
Speaker 3: Huh hmmm.
Speaker 11: Wow, you're not allowed to consider this man family, his kids.
Speaker 23: Well, I mean I think you should be allowed to consider it. And I know ASAP's attorney, he did some interviews following this, saying he's a family man regardless of who his wife is and who his kids is.
Speaker 11: But I was basically saying, like, basically, it's the celebrity of it all. Yeah, you feel like they're favoring him.
Speaker 23: They fed up with it, and they basically are saying that Rihanna brought the kids into court for that one time and at one time, they own picture that picture because they know she knows, she knew closing arguments were happening.
Speaker 11: Not to paint a picture like this is not his real family.
Speaker 23: That's what his attorney is saying, like, bro, it's his family. I can't help who he is. These people like these are paid actors or something I do.
Speaker 8: Want to drop on the clues boss for Asap Loyder, because I like how he get busy in court, act like we're going to.
Speaker 4: Jail, all right.
Speaker 8: I like the passion, you know what I mean. Don't act like you're just representing me and I'm just paying you. Act like we both might be going to jail.
Speaker 11: Yo, he get busy.
Speaker 23: I mean he he's known for his clothes, his closing arguments and just being worked up like that. But when I say, you watch the video, they he taking off his suit jacket. They said, takes off his soup jacket. I was watching like what they about to.
Speaker 10: Do, and I know other prices to keep it saying like they're not like us. I'll never do that. So you threw offset in there. But apparently you had something.
Speaker 11: Else to say. Yeah, because this gardy has been real hot and steamy. Bro Sis was outside this weekend for Valentine and yeah, it was cute. Though I'm happy for her.
Speaker 23: This is the first time that we've seen Cardi B actually publicly date someone. She was outside over the weekend for Valentine's Day with Stephan Digs in Miami.
Speaker 11: There was video of them.
Speaker 23: Arriving back to the hotel around like two am, so they you know, had a good time that day and the yeah, like she posted like the photo of her her shoe stepping on rose pedals earlier that day, so we were already trying to figure out, like, so, what's happening, like who she's spending Valentine's Day with? And in this video surface and you know they were all together New York prior to say, this ain't the first time that she's been out with Digg.
Speaker 10: Who let me stop before somebody say Diggy, Okay.
Speaker 23: Yeah, no, it's not the first time, but this is the first time they were in a section full of people. So it's like you can play that off even though they were interacting. This time it's just them too. It's two am. They're pulling up to the hotel Miami Thanks, I mean Thanksgiving Valentine's Day week, and you know what that's giving. Like now we'll say Stephane Diggs has been a hot commodity this last year. He's been a talk of the town. He's been out with some girls, but seems like Cardi locked him down. There's this video that I like this for her though I like the athlete for her. I just like him for her. I feel like she he gives the fashion vibe that she gives. People know him, so his celebrity is there as well too, which is what she's used to. And he seems like he just sit back and let her do her like he seems very chilly.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean, is like, you know, like his rapper, rapper her her ex husband is what is it X husband?
Speaker 11: Or oh the one coming on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well okay, yeah, but I'm saying, so she was with a rapper, but I like I like Cardi, Yeah, okay, he has a different thing with that.
Speaker 11: Well, I will say back.
Speaker 4: I said, don't want to hear none of this conversation y'all have.
Speaker 11: So the song Offset dropped on Friday.
Speaker 23: We didn't get to a Friday, but that song ten that he dropped, you know, people were saying, like this is all about Cardy and him being upset.
Speaker 11: Let's take a listen to a part of that song.
Speaker 12: You're gonna have to five ten more get over me to get over me. You're gonna have to five ten more to get over me, to.
Speaker 4: Get over me.
Speaker 23: Child off Set that posted this video on TikTok. You're gonna have to f ten more.
Speaker 11: To get over her, the ten more dudes to get over me.
Speaker 23: Now he don't say her name in the song at all, but you know that people is like, here he goes upset again outside looking for Cardi.
Speaker 11: She in Miami and.
Speaker 4: The thing about life, man, I said, don't want that.
Speaker 11: I don't want what.
Speaker 8: Don't want your woman, your mother, your child to sleep with ten different dudes.
Speaker 10: That's not your children yet, your wife.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want that. Off that you know you don't want that.
Speaker 11: People just be hurt.
Speaker 23: He posted this thing on TikTok that then was later deleted. It was this gift of this dog catching hot dogs in her mouth, and he said girls after breakup to be like And he deleted it because people started being like, so what you're trying to say?
Speaker 11: But do you know what he's doing?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 11: He's trying to get under her skin.
Speaker 10: He know that she gets online and and goes back, claps back at anything somebody says, so you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 11: But she ain't say nothing back to that. That she girl, she is so busy.
Speaker 4: So he called a new talk about didn't take ten took one?
Speaker 11: My god, that's what's up to be happy?
Speaker 3: It is Cardy is happy.
Speaker 11: Keep stuff, that's what's up.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: That is just your head offset okay, two hens because they they real nice and all that freaking and all that freeze that Cardy be talking about.
Speaker 10: Stop that's right now. Doing that, she'd be doing the mad on they.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, well thank you, that's just what the mess. Let's get to the People's choice makes. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, wake up. If you're like into the breakfast club morning. Everybody is the j n V. Just Hilarius Charlamagne, the gud We are the breakfast Club. It's Black History Month for we doing charlamne.
Speaker 4: Man every day during Black History Month.
Speaker 8: My gud beatp puts out an episode of I didn't know Maybe you didn't either on the Black Fact iHeart podcast Networking Today, he's gonna tell us to tell of the Children's March in nineteen sixty three, when a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of kids showed up with more courage.
Speaker 8: Than most adults, proving that sometimes the youngest voices are the loudest and the most powerful.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss No, I didn't know, I didn't know.
Speaker 15: I didn't know.
Speaker 21: I didn't know, but not these kids in Birmingham, Alabama. They weren't playing around Jack. There were nineteen sixty three and Birmingham was the most racist city in the country. Segregation was everywhere, schools, buses, bathrooms, water fountains, And I'm thinking, how racist do you have to be to hate somebody at a water fountain you upset that they getting hydrated. It's silly. And the adults have been protesting for months, but the city wasn't budget.
Speaker 12: Doctor Martin Luther King Jr.
Speaker 21: And his crew that started quoting Jay Z, they said, we need more people. That's when James Bevil said, I've got a plan. Let's get the kids involved.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 21: I don't know what parents sat down with their ten year old and said, listen, pack of lunch, baby, because you're going to fight him crow today.
Speaker 12: But they did it, and the kids they showed up.
Speaker 21: Thousands of them left school and gathered at the sixteenth Street Baptist Church like it were recess. And instead of dodgeballs, they were like, Hey, we're gonna dodge dogs, fire hoses, and billy clubs today. Seriously, that's some next level courage right there. We're talking about kids now. Imagine being a racist police officer that day. You out here ready to fight, and then you see a group of twelve year olds chatting for freedom. What do you even do? Well, Apparently, if you're racist Birmingham police in nineteen sixty three, you turned into cartoon villains.
Speaker 12: They brought out fire hoses, fire hoses.
Speaker 21: To blast these kids off their feet, unleash the dogs on them kids, like it was a twisted Lastie episode.
Speaker 12: Some of y'all don't remember Lassie, But here's the thing. Them kids didn't stop.
Speaker 21: They got arrested by one hundreds, thrown in jail like it was a field trip to Alcatraz, and more. Kids just kept showing up day after day. They started putting on their swimsuits to prepare for the fire hoses. They marched, they sang, and they did not back down kids. And it worked because the news saw them pictures, kids getting holes down and attacked.
Speaker 12: By dogs, and the whole world saw them pictures.
Speaker 21: You google Children's March of nineteen sixty three right now and you can see them pictures. Suddenly, people just couldn't ignore the civil rights movement any longer. That Children's March of nineteen sixty three pushed momentum forward and led to the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 4: That's right, a.
Speaker 21: Bunch of kids in pigtails, corn rows, and penny loafers helped change the laws. Now, why we don't hear more about this? I think it's because the dults don't like being shown up by the kids. Don't nobody want to admit that a ten year old with a homemade sign had more guts than most of us do right now. But the lesson here is real. You ain't gotta wait till you're older, or richer or more established to make an impact. These kids took risk because they believed in something bigger than themselves.
Speaker 12: So next time you think what can.
Speaker 21: I really do to change things, just remember if a bunch of kids with no phones, no hashtags, no TikTok followers can bring down segregation, what's stopping us? Let's all channel a little bit of nineteen sixty three energy?
Speaker 5: Shall we?
Speaker 21: Black folks? Black folks we channel. We don't need no white folks channel in nineteen sixty three energy. Because history don't just happen. It gets made, and sometimes it's made by people who ain't even old enough to drive and I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 3: I no, all right, well, happy Black History mom man, and listen.
Speaker 4: Make sure you subscribe to that. I didn't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe you didn't need the podcast on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network hosted by my guy be Dot available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning, Everybody's DJ n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne, Na gud we are the Breakfast Club. I want to salute everybody out in Boston. I was in Boston this weekend for my daughter's dance competition, so I just want to salute to a four star dance studiout in Boston that held us down. I want to salute to the Hue, which is a restaurant in Bosson and have such an amazing time. Like I said earlier, salut to Brooklyn. She won first overall in first in her category. London won second overall in first in her category. So it was a great dad. So salute to oli dance dads and dance girl dads out there. Had an amazing time this weekend.
Speaker 11: That's what's up.
Speaker 10: That's what's up and this Sunday. If you're in Tampa, Florida, make sure you get your tickets to come to the show. I will be there at hart Rock Hotel and Casino, me and my brother Dossi Alexander. Get your tickets at jes hilariousufficial dot com. The show starts at eight. There will be one show. Make sure you get your tickets. Like I said, at jess Hilarious official dot com. See you Sunday, Tampa.
Speaker 3: All right, well, chelam Man, you got a positive note.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I want to say, you know, I don't know if people noticed, but yesterday tens of thousands of people all over the country were protesting against Trump and you know Elon Musk and all of the policies that are impacting them. You know, all of these people that are losing their jobs in the federal government.
Speaker 4: They was in the street yesterday.
Speaker 8: I mean all over the country, like literally all over the country. So I just wanted to all of those folks that were protesting, never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice, lying and creed.
Speaker 4: Y'all have a great day.
Speaker 12: Breakfast club bitches do y'all finished or y'all done.