Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our Sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell.
Speaker 2: They six Ers postgame show presented by Park's Casino Pact to Double O, Baby Loved Job, to Beat on the Backdunn against Weapony on Have Powers Filetlabs seventy six Ers postgame Show Right now on ninety seventy five, the fanatic Sixers being Boston one eighteen one fourteen, and coaches already Nick Nurse is already in the press game, a postgame press conference. We're gonna go to him in a moment. Matt Murphy will have our postgame coverage, but coach Nurse has already made his way to the best of our understanding, here is seventy six.
Speaker 4: Seco Certainly, the way they were scheming defensively, they were trying to plug, you know, off off of him, so he had some some really good looks. But again he's you know, he's he's capable shooter.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: That was as obviously a special night, and he threw a couple a couple of funny ones in one funny one for sure, but he also I've been saying to you guys, he's much healthier now than he was two weeks ago. Just feeling I mean, the first thing he said to message, don't want to shoot. He goes if youse, I just coach, I just feel so much better are physically and said, well, it shows. And he was battling all night defensively as well. So it's good to see him back playing well. Yeah, I mean I think it's just kind of what we have left right now, right, I mean, Drumm and kJ are out did last game, certainly need to give Tyrese some rest, and decided to bring both veteran point guards together when Tyrese goes out, And normally we would bring somebody else back in, like kJ would probably be in there, but when it was Tyrese's time to come back in, we just left the three guys because again just absent players, and they did a heck of a job. I mean we went to his own right away both times they checked in and got got a couple of stops out of that, but that was just just enough kind of buying time. And then I thought those guys all battled. You know, Kyle had a hell of a game, just battling and physical and rebounding and and you know, just organizing the team at the offensive end. The Yeah, I mean, it's it's it just gives them both a chance to alternate bringing the ball up the floor. I just think sometimes you leave you know, Kyle out there by himself or whatever, and then there's gets some up court pressure and now you can just let Reggie initiate some stuff and and gets Kyle off the ball a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean listen, I mean ty Reese when he's aggressive like this and and doing just enough turn in the corner and throwing the jets on on downhill right, just enough of that, and then that's gonna certainly open up some some you know, wider drift drift threes and stuff like that. And and you know, I think, I think we got a huge bucket. Well it wasn't a bucket, it was a file. But when the game was going haywire there for a while, we finally got the ball across mid court and run a side screen and roll with tyres and Joel, and Joel rolled hard and we hit him and he got got fouled. That was kind of like a stabilizing possession. So those guys, I mean, pretty dangerous when you can both guys can shoot the three and got size and quickness in that. That combination.
Speaker 2: Change you guys are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think so, I think again, like uh, we just we just are finally figuring out kind of rolls, rotations no matter who's in, no matter who's there and who isn't organizations a lot better just organization of execution and things like that. And then and then I think our defense has certainly become a lot more physical and tough.
Speaker 2: Right We're just we're.
Speaker 4: We're giving ourselves a chance because we're we're really you know, guarding.
Speaker 2: Well way better, way better? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, yep, organizations, how import of the first identity as.
Speaker 4: The well, it's really important.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think two things show up tonight that we had kind of consistently last year is low turnovers and great free throw shooting, which we haven't had much this year. I met, Really, those are two really really important things. Again, I think our guys just are organized now. They did a really good job of helping each other figuring out what exactly we were trying to do on offense and where the spacing was, et cetera. We just we just got a little, hey, why are there in a couple of weird scenarios? But we can we can shore that up too, I think, but just much much better organization.
Speaker 2: Six Ers coach Nick Nurse his point about the free throw in nineteen out of nineteen and the turnovers only six. You know, when teams lose games at any level when they miss free throws to turn the ball over. Isn't that like a common frame, well, turnovers and free throw shooting, it really caused well the Sixers, that was something that they had last year, and frankly within bead it's been really positive. Joelle has been in this limited time playing so far this year the number one free throw shooter in the NBA tonight seven for seven and his coach had that late possession where he got fouled. Two big free throws there. Paul George made four down the stretch as well, and then he mentioned Kyle Lowry. Lowry, he played only twenty minutes. He had five points, three rebounds, and four ASI. But again, a coach, especially a coach that's so aware of the contributions of a Kyle Lowry, not just now but throughout his career, he know that Kyle had a really good game. And Lowry was plus twenty I mean that is actually Al Horford was plus twenty two. But otherwise that's the best total in the game by way of comparison, Yabuselee plus eighteen and Reggie Jackson plus eleven. So the Sixers bench was superb in this game, and it was you know, they had nineteen points and Boston's bench had twelve, but it was more than just a scoring It was like I said, Yah, Busiley made a lot of hustle plays and a career night from three by Caleb Martin was seven twenty three points total for him. So a huge win for the Sixers. They continue to play well here in December and they get a really hard fought, big win in Boston on Christmas Night. Over the season again the final one to eighteen to one fourteen. Will send it back to Matt Murphy. With more postgame coverage from our flagships.
Speaker 3: I've got more on the perfect game at the free throw line. That's something that legitimately only happens about once a year, at least in six Ers recent history. They had not yet done it this season. Tonight nineteen for nineteen on Christmas Day in Boston. They the last time they had two games in a season where they went perfect wasn't since twenty seventeen eighteen. So you'll take these one hundred percent games at the line. They needed all those makes. They win it by four. Just a fantastic win. They're eleventh of the season. I know Drew Holliday was missing from the Boston lineup. But the Sixers were without four rotation players as well, so it was kind of like a playoff game in that aspect where a couple of guys came off the bench. You mentioned their impact, Tom, but let's talk about a couple of starters. I'll get to Maxie. But how about Caleb Martin. Those seven made threes were the most he's made in his career, and you said it they were kind of daring him to shoot, right.
Speaker 2: They really were. I mean the one toward the end, like at a certain point, you know they're not dumb, They're they're gonna changed their coverage. Like, but Caleb Martin must have gotten knocked down like he was literally it was like one of those exercises at the gym. He was on all fours trying to crawl out torn By that time, KYLEB. Martin was in his motion and getting an open three. But the rest of the time, right, they were playing up, And that's what happens when you double embiid, Like somebody's going to be open, even if it's not right next to the player that's got the ball, like sometimes it's a pass or so away. But they were definitely like if they were leaving one man. It was him, and it cost him. So great night for Martin and great to see overall that he's feeling that much better because look at the results. This is the player that the Sixers you know, were looking to get when they picked him up in the offseason.
Speaker 3: Twenty three points for Caleb Martin in the one eighteen to one fourteen win for the Sixers over the defending champion Celtics on the road. Matt Murphy with Tom McGuinness here on our seventy six Ers postgame show, which is presented by Parks Casino. Embiid had twenty seven points and nine rebounds and nine rebounds in thirty one minutes. It was Tyrese Maxi who led all scorers with thirty three points and he had twelve assists.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 3: He's the first Sixer ever on Christmas Day to have thirty plus points and ten plus assists in a game. The Sixers are now twenty and fifteen on Christmas as a franchise. Maxie's game, what did you see when Embiid is out there? You know he got tossed from the last game. When Embiid's out there, how much does that help Maxi? What did you see from that double double?
Speaker 2: Well, that part right there, we've seen some of Tyree's best games have been without Joelle, and so on the one hand, you're like, well, right, he knows he has to pick up the scoring, but there must be something to the spacing and the fact that he's able to, you know, to turn the corner and and be you know, is not in the middle with you know, his defender. But again it's his speed, is its ability to get by the initial defender and then the other bigs are lifted out, so there's nobody protecting the rim and he's just become an unbelievable finisher. And that's that's what coach was talking about about, you know, turning on the jets in other words, racking up the speed. Probably the fastest player off the dribble, certainly one of in the NBA, Tyrese Maxi, and able to get those underhand scoops. He made a rolling hook shot. I mean, he is. His repertoire is expanding as he goes along, and you know, kind of by by force or because they're they're guarding him and throwing so much at him. Right, you have to be more creative and go different when they're not letting him always get to the basket. But then at the same time, as you know, he's got that ability to back up and hit the deep balls. And then that's what coach was talking about with Joel. Two guys that can step out and make threes, but two guys that also can get to the basket. So really great performance to dishing, you know, like he's you know, when he does get double, he's thrown it, thrown it to other players to twelve assists. Great overall game for Maxie. Like I said, you just you get the sense he's becoming a star, and part of that is delivering every single night. That's a big load. Like Nick Nurse has said, these great players are expected to get twenty or more points every game. That's a burden that's not not a lot of guys can carry. And Maxi is beginning to prove that he can do it. And he's like you said, he's getting off the good starts with now four the last five games, twelve more points in the opening quarter. That'll set you on a good course.
Speaker 3: And he finishes strong because that last check. He leads the NBA in clutch scoring, which is a five point game or less in the last five minutes. Tyrese Maxey with thirty three points and twelve assists. Tom This was Boston, the defending champs on their home court, where they had a twenty game winning streak at home last season to start the season. They made twenty threes tonight where they had been ten to zero in those situations, So they kind kind of played their game and the Sixers still get the win by four. I know the five game road trip for the Sixers is coming up, but not until Saturday. So just a final thought on this game. What impressed you most about what is truly a statement victory?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like just because we sit pretty much in the crowd. It's not an angle, it's an unusual locale. And then you know, just having been here so many times, this is give or take my eightieth trip to Boston with the Sixers, Like it's somewhere in there when you throw in postseason and preseason, it's not fifty I know that. So my point is, and they've all been here. I was never back in the Old Garden, at least in this role, And so the fans expect to win, like when they were coming back, they expect to win and they there is a huge home court advantage with their crowd. It's just there as there's an edge here and you feel it and I know the players feel it. It's it's palpable. So that right there is awesome. And that's why I kind of was getting that with Yabu Sali, and that is as a team, you have to know it's coming, you know, you just there's no way that you know you're going to cruise to a victory here. And so that to me, that's always, you know, really reinforcing for a team, like for the Sixers to know they could withstand the challenge and come back and and still win right Like it's it wasn't wired to wire. They stood a big run in the fourth, they stood a run you know, early in the in the second quarter, so really really impressive, and you know they're building, right, they're building together. Like it's still like six or seven times period in which Paul has played with Tyrese and Joel and you know, now you get Caleb Martin into the mix, like and then you know you got the veterans with Jackson and hopefully Drum won't be out too long. Same for Eric Gordon who's proven that he can be, you know, everything that the Sixers expected him to be when they here, although you know, just in flashes. But that's the other thing. You got to get healthy. And you know, the Sixers Nick Nurse knows one way to keep battling, to keep working, keep practicing, keep putting in the time and great game plans. And tonight they deliverately sweet win for the victor here in Boston, for sure.
Speaker 3: Sixers have won eight of eleven. The Celtics have now dropped three of four. Tom McGinnis in his thirtieth season, thank you, sir, and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: All right, Murph, thank you.
Speaker 3: One eighteen one fourteen final score the NBA on Christmas Day, and the Sixers win the third of the five games on the slate in Boston against the Celtics to get to ten. We'll make it eleven and seventeen on the season while Boston they're eleven and five at home. Now it's not quite as dominant as they started last season. To stay, to say the least, and twenty two and eight overall. The Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference stay. We'll have a look at the standings towards the end of the show tonight, but plenty more to come. Highlight a break including all of the audio heights, the key plays with Tom mcguinness's calls still to come, a closer look at the box score, and a couple of stats of the game. CO Stats of the game if you will, taking a deeper look at Sixers history and deeper look at Sixers history in Christmas games. But a one to eighteen one fourteen Sixers win an impressive win on the road against the Boston Celtics. We'll have plenty more. Devin Caleb Martin a season high twenty three and a career high seven threes on nine attempts, Paul George with twelve gershon Yabusele off the bench with twelve. The Sixers counter Boston's twenty threes with seventeen of their own, and they were a perfect nineteen for nineteen at the free throw line. We'll have stats, highlights, and standings when we continue on next with our seventy six Ers Parks Casino Postgame Show. The Park's Casino postgame show after a big seventy six Ers win, part of the NBA on Christmas Day, always a staple of the NBA schedule, the Sixers fortunate enough to be part of it, and they go to Boston and beat the defending champs one eighteen one fourteen behind thirty three points and twelve assists from Tyrese Maxi and Beat and Caleb Martin also with twenty plus points. Tatum led Boston with thirty two points and fifteen rebounds, but it's the Sixers by four in what is the first of the four meetings between the two rivals this season. He had to wait till December twenty fifth to see these teams square off for the first time this season, and it's a one to zero series lead. Now for Philadelphia, who has won eight of eleven, they are, as Nick Nurse would say, three to zero in games that they're big three of Paul George, Joel and Beat and Tyree Maxey have started and finished. They've played about twice as many with them that they've started, but because of injuries and ejections, it's only the third game that they've completed as a trio, and they're three to zero in those situations, including this win over the Celtics. Matt Murphy here with you, good time to mention that It's also a three for one voting day for the NBA All Star Game in the San Francisco Bay Area this February twenty twenty five. Sixers dot Com Slash all Star has all your voting resources to send your favorite Sixers to the All Star Game. You can also vote directly through the NBA app and the website vote dot NBA dot com, but your vote counts for three a triple voting day for the NBA All Star Game, and one of our stats of the game has to do with a deserving All Star candidate, a guy that made his All Star Day view last NBA season, Tyrese Maxi. One of our stats of the game is that he just became the first seventy six er ever with at least thirty points in ten assists on Christmas. Those final numbers thirty three and twelve. Our other one is that this is the first Sixers Christmas game with three twenty point scorers. The ones outlined Caleb Martin, Joel Embid and Tyrese Maxey since nineteen eighty eight. These stats courtesy of the ESPN telecast that trio in eighty eight Charles Barkley, Mike Jaminski and Gerald Henderson Senior in a fifteen point win over the Washington Bullets at the Spectrum. Sixers entered today with a nineteen and fifteen Christmas Day record, so this is their twentieth win on the holiday. It's by four points over the Boston Celtics. And we'll hear how it sounded right now, as called by Tom McGuinness. The Sixers Celtics in Boston, starting lineup of Tyrese Maxi, Paul George, Kelly oubre Junior, Caleb Martin and Joel Embiid in the absence of Jared McCain, kJ Martin, Andre Drummond and Eric Gordon. Drew Holliday was out for Boston with a shoulder injury. Sixers in the white uniform, Celtics in green with some red accessories for the holiday. And in the first quarter we skip ahead towards the end. This was an up tempo first quarter. Threes were flying, including from the big men of the Boston Celtics. Boston takes fifty a game, as we said a number of times, Sixers only thirty five a game on average, but Al Horford took four and made three threes in the first Cup.
Speaker 2: Here's Horford, but it all one and good again. I don't know that Horford.
Speaker 1: Has gone inside. He certainly has a shot.
Speaker 2: Inside, but I mean like, I don't think he's gone inside the paint at all. He made his third three out Arford with nine.
Speaker 3: He tacked on two more in the game, five for ten in thirty three minutes as a starter, seventeen points for the former sixer in the game, Tyrese Maxie had twelve in the first quarter alone, including the final bucket of the first spinning right of the lane on Peyton Pritchard.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight to twenty five. Maxie with a dribble eight seconds to go. The first Pritchard with a d god of the upper conics, Maxi drives it, spins in the lane, running hook shot counted off the windowing good.
Speaker 1: With two seconds, here comes Presser. This is his deal.
Speaker 2: He almost made it. The fans expecting another half court miracle.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 3: Pritchard has a knack for end of quarter buzzer beating baskets, but it was Maxie who got the last laugh. Four of five recent games, four of his last five, Maxi has scored twelve plus points. Three of those twelve on the number with multiple threes. He did so again in this thirty twenty five first quarter, favoring the Sixers on the road, and he rolled that right into the second quarter, going back to that left hand like Monday night with the dunk.
Speaker 2: Here's Maxie down the label the left pat slam. He throws it down rimmed into the San Antonio game with that left hand chosen and he's got fourteen car in JM drive of the game.
Speaker 3: What a burst by Maxi. Sixers were building the lead. It was thirty two to twenty five. He had the last of the basket of the first the first basket of the second quarter, Tyrese Maxi. They built the lead to fifty thirty six on a Caleb Martin put back after he had hit a three. But his night would just be getting started at that point with the impact that he would make so good against the Boston Celtics in his career, most recently as a member of the Miami Heat in recent years. But fourteen would be the number again on a Joel mb'd three point fifty seven forty three bead. By the way, was four for five from three point range tonight, but as he was closing the first half, strong. So too was Jason Tatum, who only had five points in the first quarter. But Tatum, who missed their game on Monday in Orlando with an illness and was questionable to play today, he was heating up alongside Embiid late first half.
Speaker 1: Did beat with a ball for the Sixers.
Speaker 2: It beat into the lane on Horford, backing turnings, painting fifteen footer and that's good. It be now six of ten with fifteen Sixers lead by eight, sixty one, fifty three down to forty three seconds. Another try by Tatum, and it's good again. Tatum with a slow start, but now he's got sixteen.
Speaker 1: Time for game high honors with Maxis that.
Speaker 3: Made it a sixty one to fifty six game, Sixers up five. Eleven of Tatum's sixteen first half points were in the second quarter. Ten of Embiad's eighteen first half points were in the second Maxie also had eighteen in the first half of this game. By the way, earlier in the quarter, when I mentioned Kaylen Martin making it a fifty to thirty six game, that was part of a fifteen to two run turned into a seventeen to two run for the Sixers, but the Celtics, and Tatum got it closer as the half wo We're on Paul George. His dunk actually capped the seventeen to two run in the second quarter and gave the Sixers their largest lead of the night at sixteen. He had twelve points in thirty four minutes as a starter, but it was sixty six fifty eight Sixers at halftime in Boston, and the Celtics started the third quarter on a seven to zero run, including two buckets from Jalen Brown, who was just one for eight shooting in the first half.
Speaker 1: Here's Brown with it. Brown into the lane, Maxie right there.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brown spins right hand, one hand paint shot is good. So Brown one field goal to the first half. Two quick ones here in the third. He's made it a four point game.
Speaker 3: Jalen Brown ends up in this game with twenty three points, so a huge second half for him after only two in the first two quarters. Two points total. That in a sixty six to sixty two game. With the Sixers ahead by four, then Jason Tatum, who had a team high thirty two tonight plus a game high fifteen rebounds, he hit a three to force a Sixers timeout up by one early third quarter. Around the same time is when Kristaps Porzingis was ruled out for the game for Boston with nine points in thirteen minutes because of an ankle injury. With the game tied at seventy six, it's Jason Tatum working on Kelly Oubre Junior and he hits a tough long two over him.
Speaker 2: Left hand dribble, gets a screen at the top of the arc, now fires for three.
Speaker 1: It's good. What a play by Tatum.
Speaker 2: Five prize at twenty two points, and Boston has recaptured the league, first lead since the opening quarter, and this crowd of nineteen thousand censing.
Speaker 3: The momentum, first lead since nine to eight on the scoreboard. Tatum's thirty two came in forty two minutes on eleven of twenty, shooting four for eight from three and six for seven at the line. So it's seventy eight seventy six Boston. Jalen Brown with a floater extends the Celtics lead to eighty seventy six. In the third, Gershon yabu Sele would tie the game. The former Celtic evening the Ledger at.
Speaker 1: Eighty Sixers could tire take the lead.
Speaker 2: Yabu Sele screens Paul George now to Gershan. Yabu Sele goes in on Tatum, works ur the Easepins goes up, lays it up and good. Even though he's smaller than Tatum, he's able to use his body of the maneuver and Yabu.
Speaker 3: Sle with twelve twelve points off the bench in twenty one minutes for Gershan, and it was eighty two eighty two. Lowry would tie it the next time for the Sixers, heading to the fourth quarter in a tie game in Boston on Christmas eighty two, all fourth quarter after a couple of Peyton Pritchard free throws. He didn't make a three tonight, which is notable. He was OH for eight four points in thirty three minutes off the bench. One of the leading sixth Man of the Year candidates, he averages fifteen point seven points in is a forty three percent three point shooter, but was OH for eight in this contest. Sixers followed up his free throws to start the fourth with an eight zero run culminated that culminated with a Tyrese Maxi stepped back three, forcing a Joe Mizzula timeout.
Speaker 2: Sixers by three with the ball too well on the bench, so was Paul George Boles spitting segment of the fourth Maxi for three.
Speaker 1: It's up and good.
Speaker 2: He nails a tray timeout Joe Mazzola and Boston. Maxi with twenty three had the seventy six Ers lead ninety to eighty.
Speaker 3: Four, one of Maxi's three threes on nine attempts tonight ninety eighty four to six point lead. He attacked on another basket in the lane after the Boston timeout middle of the fourth quarter. He was also racking up those assists, as evidenced.
Speaker 1: By the double double.
Speaker 3: With the thirty three points and game high twelve assists, he finds Caleb Martin draws the attention to the defense. They were leaving some room for Martin. He had all the time in the world, and he made the Celtics pay.
Speaker 2: Here's KYLEB. Martin wide open study survey. He said, knocks it out. Caleb Martin having a career night. From three, he hits his six to three. He had a big game for Miami here earlier in his career. He puts the Sixers up by fifteen point and whoa what's going on. Some of the Celtics fans are leaving, they're putting their coats on, or as they said in grammar school, they're getting their reps and getting out of here. We'll be back. With six thirty six to go, it's a fifteen point game.
Speaker 1: Long way to go, long way to go.
Speaker 3: Indeed, there was still some drama in store, but that basket made it one oh three eighty eight. Sixers gave Caleb Martin a season high twenty points, which turned into twenty three. It was his six to three. He ended up seven to nine from three point range. That's a career high for three pointers in a game. Caleb Martin who averaged against the Celtics as a member of the Heat in the twenty twenty three Eastern Conference Finals in which they beat Boston. He averaged nineteen points per game. He has had their number over the years, which could loom large come playoff time. Fourth quarter, one oh three to eighty eight. After that Martin three, the Celtics would cut it to one oh eight one hundred with three minutes left in the game, forcing a time out. Then five more quick points from Boston, starting with a Derek White three pointer.
Speaker 1: After the Sixers open the quarter twenty one to six.
Speaker 2: Boston had scored twelve o the last seventeen and they have it. Derek White for three. It's up hand good Man bought it continues.
Speaker 1: It's Moomtum. It's a five point game with two thirty to go.
Speaker 3: White like Tatum was questionable coming in. He had some hamstring tightness. He had twenty one points in the game, though, and was five to ten from three.
Speaker 1: It's a five point game.
Speaker 3: During a nine zero run that became eleven zero steal and an alhr for dunk made it a one possession game, prompted another Sixers timeout. All of a sudden, It's one o eight, one oh five Sixers. They had a side out of bounds with only one point one seconds on the shot clock. A few possessions later, at this point they are leading one ten, one oh five, but just about one second to shoot. And it was a as Tom McGinnis describes, a Christmas miracle courtesy of Maxi.
Speaker 2: Caleb Martin will inbound one eleven to go. Sixers, cut Maxy.
Speaker 1: To the basket, he dropped it, he gains it back, Penny put it in. A miracle Christmas miracle at Boston.
Speaker 2: Maxi dropped it, stooped it back, peat scored it six Ers by seven, one to oh three to.
Speaker 1: Go one twelve, one oh five.
Speaker 3: Maxi had thirteen of his thirty three in the fourth quarter. He's been so clutch this season, so clutch in his career, and deserving of your All Star votes for sure. It wasn't over after that, though, Al Horford a steal Tatum layup cut it to five forty seconds left one fourteen, one oh nine. It was a later a three point game after a Jalen Brown layup with six seconds left. Paul George made some free throws. Jalen Brown hit a three, Joel Embiid hit the final free throws. Sixers went a perfect nineteen for nineteen at the line, their first one hundred percent free throw shooting game of the season, and they hold on to win in Boston on Christmas Day, one to eighteen, one fourteen. What a game, What a road win for the Philadelphia seventy six ers, the third of the five games on Christmas, so the national stage, and they win it to get to eleven and seventeen. They've won eight of eleven, eight of their last eleven. Boston is twenty two and eight. We'll check out the standings. Will quickly run through the Christmas Day schedule as well, but the Sixers do their part and they've won back to back game San Antonio at home on Monday, now the Celtics in Boston on the NBA on Christmas Day. They do have a five game road trip, but they're not staying out on the road, but they will. They won't be back in action until Saturday night in Utah for a nine to thirty Eastern game, and then they'll play in Portland on Monday, followed by Sacramento Golden State and then Brooklyn on January fourth of Saturday. The Sacramento Golden State is a back to back New Year's Day in Sacramento, and then the next day Thursday at the Golden State Warriors at Chase Center in San Francisco. Again, the Celtics were ten and oh when they made twenty threes this season. They made twenty, but the Sixers win seventeen threes. For the Sixers, they shot forty two and a half percent from three seventeen of forty forty one percent for Boston from three twenty of forty nine. Boston missed five of their thirteen free throws, only sixty one and a half percent at the line, and they lose by four. And they missed five free throws, they were forty five percent from the floor from the floor shooting, six Ers were forty just under forty seven percent as a team. One of the five games on Christmas, the Knicks beat the Spurs at noon one seventeen to one fourteen, behind forty one points for Mical Bridges, his career high as forty five, now a member of the New York Knicks. Victor Wembiniama in the three point loss had after playing the Sixers Monday in Philly, he had forty two points, eighteen rebounds, four assists, and four block shots. Not a career high for him either, that number is fifty. The next game, Mavericks fell at home one oh five, nine nine to the Timberwolves. Luka Doncic left the game early with a calf strain. In reports are saying he could miss an extended amount of time. Sixers won eighteen, Celtics won fourteen, and then the Lakers Warriors up next. Nuggets and Suns will close it out. The Suns will be without Devin Booker at ten thirty eastern Lebron versus Steph in the game right now, no players played more Christmas Day games or scored more Christmas Day points than soon to be forty year old Lebron James his nineteenth game four hundred and seventy six career points on this day, and if he wins, it would break a tie with Dwayne Wade for the most Christmas Day wins weighed with ten. But the Sixers over the Celtics, which produces a standings in the East that moves the Sixers up within one game of the play in tournament, which is the seventh through ten seeds. The Pistons and the Bulls are the Bulls ninth, Pistons tenth, six Ers eleventh, so just outside the play in tournament picture, which is how they entered the playoffs last year to play the Knicks. Bulls and Pistons are thirteen and seventeen. Sixers are eleven and seventeen, so one game back from playoff positioning, well technically play in tournament positioning for the right to go to the playoffs with plenty of season ahead of them, Celtics are four games back of the first place Cleveland Cavaliers now Cabs are on a five game winning streak. Celtics have lost three of four. Cleveland is twenty six and four. Celtics are twenty two and eight. But this has been the seventy six Ers postgame show presented by Parks Casino. Again the final score of the Sixers one eighteen. The Celtics won fourteen. Thanks to our producers Matt Manarek and Brendan Petrilli, and of course Tom McGinness on the call that next Sixers game Saturday night in Utah. Reminder, it's a nine to thirty pm Eastern road start against the Jazz and our coverage here on the Sixers Radio Network presented by Jackpot City Casino. We'll begin at nine twenty Eastern. Until then, I'm Matt Murphy saying thanks so much for listening. I have a great rest of your holiday week. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. The Sixers over the Celtics on Christmas. Take care everyone,