Speaker 1: Welcome and frindos to Leading Off. Do I sound a little down?
Speaker 2: We'll get to it. Leading Off is brought to you though by Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Check them out today. Download the app and use the promo code Leading Off to get a one match up to one hundred bucks free money to have fun. Place some money out there. I don't want to say the word bets, but you know what I'm saying. You can do the little drafts, you can do the pick'ems, do all the fun stuff. Fun is available not for me, but for you. Joining me today is the Wonky Penguin. Kelly Kirby Kelly, Are you certified in grief therapy?
Speaker 2: Is my question?
Speaker 3: I actually am, so I'm ready to lead you through this.
Speaker 2: Are you actually yes?
Speaker 3: I actually I am?
Speaker 2: But okay, it was.
Speaker 1: Like real like it, like you've actually found it. It sounded like very certain about that, and I wanted to make sure you really are. Why are we trying to find out about grief therapy? Well, yes, we're going to talk about lots of stuff and things. There might be many that they're gonna need some grief therapy after Minoa Day, which we'll get to, but we are going to start the.
Speaker 2: Show off with really the most devastating news for this show.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, it is the most devastating news for this show as a whole, for everybody here collectively, Corby and Carroll last night with a wide swing, because he does have a very far back, looped one handed swing on the follow through. It's very aggressive, it's crazy batspeed. It's how he generates a lot of the power.
Speaker 2: Went back.
Speaker 1: The arm just kind of went, you know, it didn't pop, but it had like a natural popping motion going forward, and he immediately curled over, grabbed the arm and had to be sent out. I looked at that thing and I went, all right, it's football season.
Speaker 2: Like, what am I supposed to do here? I don't know what I'm supposed to do, though.
Speaker 1: Kelly, there were encouraging things from Tory Leavello after that. Apparently structurally everything was okay. That he walked out and hung out in the dugout after and they're performing an MRI probably as we are doing this show, I fully expect someone to break something in here. But Kelly, as the sign says behind me, I'm a little dead inside.
Speaker 2: Give me good news, give me something.
Speaker 3: Give you something. Well, the something is this. It's his shoulder. So I'm still thinking that maybe he could Pincherron and steal all the bases I was counting on him for. But yeah, I otherwise, I don't have much until the MRI comes back. I think that I'm hoping. My biggest problem is it's the same shoulder that he had the issue with before, and so that makes me a little bit more nervous than anything else. But that could also mean he was more like freaked out about it, you know what I mean, like if you're used to that being painful, but these are That's all I've got for you, wilsh.
Speaker 2: Well, Okay, that didn't really make me feel better.
Speaker 3: What't long as I'm doing my job, we're gonna we're gonna work on the.
Speaker 1: Grief counting a little bit more here, we'll work through it. As you said, he had a torn labrum a couple of years ago. You are right about one thing. He's super in tuned to that shoulder because what happened, like whatever it was like a week ago, was he just felt something weird and he immediately.
Speaker 2: Took himself out. So he is very very aware of what's going on.
Speaker 1: This did not look like that, and we're just going to have to wait through. Maybe a best case scenario is this is he's gonna, unfortunately have to probably miss the All Star Game. This is his hometown, He's probably not gonna play. Maybe it's a short iel stint. The worst case scenario is we've lost him for the year and I will blame Joe for everything. This is actually Joe's fault. By the way, every show like, oh we told you, no, Corby K, we told you, and then he leaves. He leaves the show for one, it took a vacation.
Speaker 2: Everybody, he leaves the show and everything is falling apart.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is true, and he left us for a wrestling which is fine but right, but you know, I'm like, we have a tourn to where we have a shoulder situation over here. I don't know what you're gonna see to night, but yes, this is entirely his fault. The victory lapse. I think we were all taking about Carol you most of all. It was like, this is great, and we made it to the All Star I thought we made it to the All Star break. I was like, wow, he's really stellar, and then boom, and of course in our other chat, the only thing Joe could say was that he wished he'd hedged with Ellie likesive.
Speaker 2: It is what I woke up to today. I woke I was gonna pull it up here, but I'm not sure. I don't want to share the full chat.
Speaker 1: I literally woke up to Joe not being on the show and only saying this, I should have hedged my bet with Ellie, and I was just like, I hope you get supplexed tonight. I hope Joe gets supplexed and then like a DDT or something. Let me ask you this though. On that note, though, if let's just say the hypothetical worst happens, can Corbyn Carrol still take down that Rookie of the Year award?
Speaker 2: Or with the full.
Speaker 1: Half season you know coming up, Ellie de la Cruz Uri Perez probably the two biggest. Do you think they're going to overtake Corbyn? I mean, can think about what Corbyn's done the projections I looked about a week ago, the projections rest of season projections on the bat X had Ellie essentially doing what court his projections got him to where Corbyn Carroll is now eighteen homers twenty six twenty seven sole in bases something like that, and that's where he would be. So if Ellie finished in relative range of Corbyn and he's out for the year and Uri gets kind of shut down, can Corbyn still win that award?
Speaker 3: So we got two things working against you. One, recency bias will be a big problem. So of course it's kind of like he's Elle'll be good on the second halfh If Corbyn's not there at all, then pretty soon it's going to be like, oh, well, what did Carol do? We don't really even remember. And Two, if the Reds continue kind of doing what they're doing and they sneak into the playoffs, I don't think Carol's got a chance.
Speaker 1: This is another good one right here from Lee is Francisco Alvarez.
Speaker 2: The only problem with Francisco.
Speaker 1: Alvarez he does lead to all catchers in baseball and homers, which is crazy. But he's hitting like two twenty and unless he I mean, I suppose if he hits thirty five homers that will be hard to do and if he can raise his average, but if he's two twenty, that stuff. But you're right, if the Reds get into the playoffs. Ellie probably runs away with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You probably need to be positive. The Diamondbacks were trying to be positive.
Speaker 2: We will get results here.
Speaker 1: Soon and hopefully, you know, if it's good news, hopefully it happens in the next ten minutes. If it's bad news, hopefully let's move their time is hopefully happens in about twenty two minutes as soon as this show is over. Because I'm not looking to get fired from Fantasy Pros today and.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking to watch you cry.
Speaker 2: So okay, well, I appreciate that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crying, there might be some crying because today is Monah Day. Alec Mono returns. Celebrate whichever side you celebrate. By the way, Alec Manoa coming off of a good double a performance. He went five, he struck out ten, but he walked three.
Speaker 2: He hit a batter.
Speaker 1: This all happened in the first couple of innings. He's going up against Detroit today and Kelly, the books are cowards. They are terrified. They didn't want me to take a second mortgage out responsibly.
Speaker 2: They didn't want me to go and.
Speaker 1: Find a loan shark in a shady part of Phoenix responsibly because all I was looking to do was bet two and a half over walks or anything, any single bet, but his stupid strikeouts none are available. Maybe you feel different. How are you celebrating and what do you see coming from Manoa day?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I'm not starting him. I have him and I have him in a dynasty league, so I've had him forever there and I'm just gonna leave him sit, mostly because I don't trust the Tigers. They have screwed me over multiple times this year in betting, so I'm just out. But I was thinking about today where if they offered kind of an over four and a half strikeouts over three and a half walks, like little parlay, you know, a little grouping, I'm like, I'd take it because I think he'll strike out five, no problem. But man, that other half.
Speaker 1: What time does that game get down? Because now here's something I've seen happen a lot. Yeah, what time is it?
Speaker 3: Isn't it like six o'clock eastern or something?
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the possibility.
Speaker 1: Everyone be ready, maybe about an hour before they post something. They like to do that sometimes then responsibly take your life savings and put it against. Here's a game I think we should play, and maybe we can track this because someone already just did this. BUSIZI is a put Here's his line. Five innings, four hits, four walks, four runs, eight ks.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: Let's drop some Manoa lines in the chat and let's see who gets it right. So give me your Manoa line today, because you're not starting him, no way in hell I'm starting.
Speaker 2: I don't care if he no hits the Tigers today. I'm not gonna take any like ooh, I was wrong.
Speaker 1: You don't start him. You don't start him at any scenario. So give me your Manoa line today.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with like four and a third six strikeouts. I'm still thinking four walk I mean, I think it's just gonna be weird and ugly and he'll give up probably three runs and leave the bases loaded.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going I like that specific enough. That's very specific.
Speaker 1: By the way, his strikeout line on the books is four and a half and I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it's crazy juice, so five is probably on it here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with five earned runs, three and two thirds, five k's, four walks does that work.
Speaker 2: Did we get there? I think we got there.
Speaker 1: Here's a couple other lines here, of course, the Great Beef curtains four and four and one fourth of an inning.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can do that. So I'm gonna p that.
Speaker 3: One's gonna walk a guy and leave before he gets to first?
Speaker 1: Is he gonna strike out a guy? Then the ball's gonna drop and then he's gonna have another out?
Speaker 2: I don't know? Is five k's, four walks, three earned runs? Okay, what are some others? See?
Speaker 1: Zach went three innings, pitched, forty five earned runs, four h and cries on them.
Speaker 2: All right now everyone's just being or just being really mean to him.
Speaker 1: So four seems to be the magic number here, everybody's fours four k's, four innings, two walks, tourn runs. Here is Angelo's three innings pitched, four wins and seven earned runs.
Speaker 2: Oh, four walks?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I was like, what are you guys doing today? I'm trying to see if anybody has a positive outcome?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: This one is, yeah, David, six innings, three walks, tour and runs.
Speaker 2: Seven k's is the lion beat the with the three point one four the pie of X plug is what's.
Speaker 1: On here, and let's see. Okay, here's one more we'll do. Brandon says, seven innings, seven k's, three walks, tour and runs. There you go, Razor got some in there. So let's try to track this. Someone not me, track this and see.
Speaker 2: Who gets it right.
Speaker 1: So we can give accolades to the person that got it right. But at the end of the day, this would have been something I would have been comfortable stashing. I would stash Alec Manhana have picked him up. Just drop him on the bench.
Speaker 2: Deal with that.
Speaker 1: No chance I'm starting him. Maybe the case will come back up. What we need to look for is control command. We need to see the walks are being managed and if everything else you know, is in good sights, and we can probably return to I don't know seventy five percent.
Speaker 2: Bottom line is we could.
Speaker 1: We could get back to starting him next week, although I don't know what the matchup, what his next matchup would be. Have you looked I have not looked?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, someone let us know what that is. Because as long as.
Speaker 1: It's not like the Rangers or the Braves or something, I'd put him out in a mediocre lineup if he's solid today, So yes, I think we would be pretty good with that one. Some other notes around baseball as we keep moving here, Gunner Henderson four for seven, two homers, five RBIs as the Orioles put it down on the Yankees.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: But Gunner Henderson has insane, insane hard hit numbers. And I don't know if you have any Gunner Henderson thoughts rest of season. He has just been a monster. The by window and dynasty I think is just kind of vanished, but he is one of those guys I am heavy betting in on the second half.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember earlier that people were talking about dropping him like outright like there. I was getting questions on Discord that were like, hey, if I dropped Gunner for fill in the blank? And I was like, I just don't think we should do that quite yet, you know, because I'm like, I feel like that hard hit and everything was going to come back for a team that was doing well, and now you know here he is. So yeah, the window is shut.
Speaker 2: Basically, it is a shut.
Speaker 1: By the way, dude, we said two innings, six cheeseburgers, and a small diet coke for alec Mino.
Speaker 2: You know, here's one two. I've seen this come up.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I have this in the I don't have this anywhere because we talked about this yesterday. If you were here with us, multiple people, not just Jay has asked when is great coming up?
Speaker 2: I need to know on this asap fast.
Speaker 1: Just go pick him up. Go pick up Grayson right now. I assume this is going to be right after the All Star break. I don't think there's any need for them to bring him up today. I guess you could bring him up maybe Sunday if you want to do something weird with the starters. But he just pitched on the fourth, so he would line up maybe the Sunday, but more like Monday. So here's what I think they do. I think he sticks around for one more minor league start and then he comes back in is set in the rotation right after the second half. So I don't think you should wait any longer. I think you should pick him up. That's the most That's the best advice I can give you for Grayson.
Speaker 2: When will they start him? Who the hell knows on.
Speaker 1: Anything anymore, But it will be soon and you should just go get him now.
Speaker 2: And I think you agree, Kelly, Yes they do.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to. I mean cole Irvan might be seeing his last start today, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what actually that might be if Cole Irvin gets lit, there's something to watch for. Speaking Francisca Aaber as we mentioned before, he went two for three against the Diamondbacks, two run homer, three RBI. As I mentioned, I think that's three straight games with a homer and he has the lead. He has got the lead in for all catchers over Sean Murphy. It's very apropos with Pete Alonzo, with pet Alnzo's style, lots of homers with a two twenty two to thirty batting average. So there you go for our boy, Francisco. Lance Lynn recorded Let's get your take care because Lanceln eleven strikeouts, seven shutout innings and a no decision.
Speaker 2: I was going to go way up against him.
Speaker 1: The day before because he leads baseball are tied with baseball in Homer's given up right now, and then all of a sudden, lance Lynn does the weird lance Lin stuff. So are you buying what Lancelyn is selling right now?
Speaker 3: I am like Lancelyn is the one I choked last night where it's I think everyone's giving the most thought time if you roster him, whether what you're supposed to do with him at this point, I guess you start him for a while, but you start him with the idea like you don't start him if it's the end of the week and your ratio is terrible or are good, like you just leave him out. But man, if you need strikeouts, I think he's still got that going. I just don't know. I don't trust him in endurance wise, and they cannot get him a win to save their lives. So this is what you're getting with him. He's been a mystery all year.
Speaker 2: This is wild too.
Speaker 1: I think I completely forgot about that sixteen strikeout performance.
Speaker 2: He has had seven or many.
Speaker 3: He still took the loss, and he still.
Speaker 2: Took the loss.
Speaker 1: You're right, well, I mean he's given up what is that eleven earned runs in his last four games, but five of his last six have.
Speaker 2: Been at least three earned runs, and.
Speaker 1: Three of those six have been for four or more. So this last performance was a little bit more of the anomaly than anything else. But he's a big strikeout option. Maybe there's some stuff that's kind of moving in his direction. He's got an almost two runs. It's not a run in a half differential between his expected era and his actual era.
Speaker 2: Maybe the break is going to be good and maybe he's going to be a trade candidate. But I don't know. I'm not. Oh, I got it, lancelin Or Alec Manoa, rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Don't do that to me. I would, honestly, I would do I would do Lynn, and I'd hate it.
Speaker 1: Lancelote. Okay, so chat Lancelynn Alec Manoa. Who would you rather have rest the season? Post it in there?
Speaker 2: I want to know this would be a pole thing. But I don't think Mayor's around today. Attentions Okay, no, he's not the attention at all.
Speaker 1: Also, Julio Urrias yielded two runs over six innings and a win over the Pirates. He had eight strikeouts only one walk. He is critical for this Dodgers team and it's really good to see him kind of get back to it. Do you think he's going to get back to I don't know, top twenty sp for the for the second half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean at this point if he stays healthy. Now, the rest of the year. Probably he I've never been an earliest person, but I think that. Yeah, with starting now, I think he could end up in the top twenty esp easily.
Speaker 1: So Richard said, I'd rather have piece of Pa pitching, and it is Lynn unanimously, by the way, or a cheeseburger.
Speaker 2: Those are the takes I've gotten.
Speaker 1: Is Joe Pizzapia, a cheeseburger or Lance Lynn is more comfortable than Alec Manoa so far in this chat, which we are setting Alec Manoa up to have one of the greatest comebacks today of all time. This might be a must watch because the way we're talking, we are setting this guy up to throw five innings no hit and striking out like thirteen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it's going to be yes, And then I don't have to come back and talk to you after that and admit how wrong we were. It's pretty great.
Speaker 1: No, I won't come back either, yeah, especially if Carrol's injured. I just won't come back at all.
Speaker 2: Just done with it all.
Speaker 1: The rookie lookie is a little bit interesting. One quick piece here. This isn't a rookie, but he did this in the miners. Riley Green went one for three with a solo Homer on Thursday in a rehab game in Triple A, which he is close. I think they're saying he might play this weekend, so maybe it's tomorrow that he's going to be activated, which is huge for me in a couple of leagues because I had pretty heavy investments on Riley Green this year and I think this is another one of those guys out of sight, out of mind with injury. I would love to go pick up in some type of cheap trade or if you were obviously available, because I think Riley Green this is another one of those second half guys.
Speaker 2: I'm big bet on you agree one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent yep, if he's available, to grab him or Yeah, he's a great like kind of target low by low guy. See if you can Traine Manila for him.
Speaker 1: I don't think you could, but if you could, you know what, if he has a good start, Mania has like a decent start, I would love to do that for sure one of the weeks. So this is a weird one and I hate it because I have a relationship with this guy kind of a little bit over time and chatted and had him on my show.
Speaker 2: But George Valera got into a little bit of.
Speaker 1: A skirmish yesterday in I believe he's in Double A, Triple A.
Speaker 2: He was close.
Speaker 1: That's the worst part about this is Valera was getting close. I just saw him a couple of weeks back and chatted with him out here in complex. He really struggled going up to Columbus, and then he started getting going defensively offensively picked up. Well, something happened with the catcher, and I believe the catcher was Alec Jackson.
Speaker 2: Alex Jackson.
Speaker 1: I think I saw if you guys remember him, former Mariner's prospect who catcher or braves? Yeah, no, I think he was a Mariner then a brave. Well he said something. Valera turns around, starts barking, tries to go grab his mask. Then it gets really nasty where an ump gets between them and Valera shoves the ump over and what is I can only describe as a like Yu gi Oh type of anime move. Valera goes to punch and he punches Alex Jenson Alex Jackson in the chest and Jackson doesn't move. It was a Marvel type of It was like Chung ching chi. He didn't flinch and it looked like a baby like in Valera swung hard, he didn't move and it looked like out of a cartoon. But this is not going to be good, and this is not gonna go well for I understand the type of anger. I felt that anger last night. I wanted to do the similar things. But A, you can't push umps and B you can't punch players kind of regardless of what happened, and Valara did both. So this is not going to be good, especially for the prospects of him maybe coming up this season at Hall Kelly.
Speaker 2: For the Guardians, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a problem. I mean they're going to suspend him for a while, I would assume, and then right you're looking at it, especially for the Guardians being in contention in the worst division in baseball. Do you want to bring that up? Is there's a maturity aspect that they might question for a playoff team.
Speaker 1: So I don't think we're going to be seeing him blown through some injuries here. Houston Astros Jose al Tuv I think we might have mentioned this yesterday. Obviously, he's missed a couple of games while injuring his left oblique. While he was officially placed on the Ayel. I think after the show on yesterday, so ten day, I l so he'll come back after the All Star break Dodgers. This is sad plays Daniel Hudson. I saw him like on camp and stuff comes back. I think he gets his first save and he's immediately put back on the fifteen day il with a right knee. Mcl sprain and Kelly I think they said this is going to be a while, which is probably the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: That's what I read as well. So yeah, I wouldn't hold on to I wouldn't hold on to him unless you have the ale space.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Chung Chi, Yeah, I could believe. Forgot the name of that one, Tim whatever it was called. That's what it looked like like. That's what Jeorge Valaria did. Heimer Candelario Jamer Candelario was removed on Thursdays and the extra innings and the Reds.
Speaker 2: He got hit by a pitch. He was down on the ground for a little bit as well. That's no bueno because.
Speaker 1: He also is a trade candidate out in the market, so we got to make sure that's going to be good. The Guardians transferred Tristan McKenzie over to the sixty day il they've got some pitching problems and Merle Merle Kelly with the Diamondbacks through a fifty four pitch bullpen session. Why is is good because he was on the shelf with a blood clot in his right calf, which I don't that sounds terrifying. That's why they begin think you get up in the hospital when you have something go on.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, yeah, that is terrifying. I'm glad you could throw the bullpen. That means that they've probably taken care of it.
Speaker 2: So he should be fully yeah, he should.
Speaker 1: Quick little note, I want to do a little bit more on this, but we're just going to do a quick one coming up this weekend. And it's funny because look at this right here, Gokards has perfect timing which LSU player you taken one to one in the draft. Because this weekend is the MLB Draft.
Speaker 2: It's on Sunday.
Speaker 1: If you guys also want to follow me, I will actually be on CBS Sports HQ on their online TV side breaking down a few of these picks. It's going to be seven pm Eastern and it why is it important and big? Because there are massive, massive talents like three or four players that would go number one in like probably five of the last seven drafts. And I just wanted to throw this out here because there's some betting odds that are out there, and I'm actually going.
Speaker 2: To give you as a tease. I've got a dual bet.
Speaker 1: I'm doing, which we're going to do in the best bets. But the most recent mock draft, Jonathan Mayo put out, here's what your top five looks like for this weekend superstar pitcher Paul Schemes. When gokard is saying which LSU player Paul Skins as the number one player to the Pirates, that has not been a.
Speaker 2: Heavy linked thing.
Speaker 1: Dylan Cruz number two going to the Nationals, So both LSU guys going. He has Tigers Wyatt Langford, which might be one of the biggest locks going three, the Rangers getting high school outfielder Max Clark, and then number five Twins taking Walker Jenkins.
Speaker 2: Those are the big.
Speaker 1: Five of all the players here, Wonkey. Are you invested at all in any of these guys in the MLB drafts?
Speaker 2: Do you know any of them?
Speaker 1: I don't know how much you digest like college and draft and high school stuff.
Speaker 2: In baseball.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I know of it. But what I was going to say was, I did read an article about taking college pitchers number one and the track record that isn't delightful. So for me, if I was, if I was the Pirates, I might go with the with is it Cruiz? It's that same Dylan Lly, Yeah, yep, I would. I might hit for him first.
Speaker 1: So interestingly enough, Dylan Cruz has been projected as the guy all off season, so much so that there are rumors that the there's a deal already with Washington and Paul Skeans, but the betting odds favorite is Paul Skins, and he showed up here though. I've got some birdies out there that told me that Dylan Cruz was met with the Pirates yesterday. The Pirates flew out to him. I have heard a rumor that they might be cutting a deal with Max Clark, just to you know, chatter that's going out there, which has also speculated into Dylan CRU's falling because of a deal that's set with Washington and schemes Wyatt Langford and the Tigers. Tigers don't want to overpay because Dylan Cruz wants over ten million dollars again, why is it it's important?
Speaker 2: There are three big.
Speaker 1: College bats in here, one that could maybe even just go to the majors in schemes, and really two of the three I think could break camps next year. So it's big fantasy stuff. I'll be breaking it all down from fantasy perspectives. I'll be around over this weekend. Those are the big ones. And I have got a bet for everybody here coming up in our bet section, because I think you guys might want to get invested in. Though everything I touch right now is dying, so whatever I say, it will be the opposite. A quick three up and three down. Francisco Indoor five for five with a homer, two triples and three runs against the Diamondbacks as they against the Diamondbacks as the Mets blew them out. Anderson Inez went two for three with a homer and three stolen bases.
Speaker 2: Maybe picking it back up.
Speaker 1: He's up to fourteen with Mirifield pair of solo homers on the three down. Luis Severino seven runs in two and two thirds, not good. Ryan Nelson absolutely obliterated for seven runs over three innings, and Bryce Harper oh for five three k's while also I just wanted to point out Tim Anderson in a doubleheader went one for nine with three ks, which wonky. I don't think that's very good. Which one feels worse? Oh for five with three ks or one for nine he did have a double with three ks.
Speaker 3: You don't think that's very good? That's excellent fantasy analysis. Well, yeah, I would say Tim Anderson is. He's so much more concerning to me because he's just not doing kind of anything. I'm wondering if they try to trade him. It feels like he's one of those guys who might like do better or try harder if he wasn't playing for the team that he doesn't want to be on anymore.
Speaker 2: I feel he's getting traded. There's a lot of drama around him. I think he's getting traded.
Speaker 1: So let's move to our boys over at Prize Picks. That's right, Prize Picks promo code leading off one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks. You get free money to go have more fun.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 1: We give you guys picks every single weeks. Go and download today and use that promo code.
Speaker 2: Support the show. Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: We love them, You love them, and Kelly loves them. Kelly, what do you got for your prize picks today? Let's get cash?
Speaker 3: All right? So I've been really big on the combined Caze lately. I've been winning more than not winning. And I like the Hunter Brown Luis Castillo combo for over eleven point five. I just feel like that both teams have the propensity to strike out. Sorry. And then I have candel Ario if he's health, if he comes back, depending on health, but he's been doing really well on the fantasy teams I've picked him up on, so he's kind of an under the radar probably available in a lot of leagues for over one point five hits runs or RBIs. And then I've got Otani because I just decided to pick the cheat code for over eight point five Fantasy score.
Speaker 1: Honestly, why not like Otani? It's just it's a safe bet. Left he's riety, it just doesn't matter. If he's out there, You're not gonna get hit it every single time. But your odds are exponentially better with Otani out in any of your betting prize picks, Fantasy, whatever lineups, you're safer. I am going with Zach Gallen and Justin Verlander combined k's at eleven and a half. I really like Gallen today. I don't remember if I put it on my bets. I actually didn't even put it on my bets. But the six and a half k's I'm kind.
Speaker 2: Of down with.
Speaker 1: Pirates on the season don't strike out as much but recently are striking out. And Gallon you know, big twelve K performance, So I really like Gallen today. Eleven and a half are Gallon and Verlander. Love Corey Seger eight and a half. I tend to go to Cory Seger and he goes oh for four and Luis Robert fantasy score eight. So those are my three over on the price picks. As far as betting goes today, I have got two of my odder weirder plays.
Speaker 2: Texas team total.
Speaker 1: Runs through the first five innings, so just how many runs are they going to score in the first five innings? Over two and a half?
Speaker 2: Love this play.
Speaker 1: Immediately played it last night, even though it's kind of juiced up. You might want to pair it with something. Here's another one that you can pair it with if you want, but also play solo. Toronto Detroit runs two and a half over through. I believe that is now I'm forgetting. I believe that's through the first three innings. So that's first three innings, two and a half runs over. That was my way to get invested in this Minoa. Also there's a possibility of Minah is good and Veto isn't good. So this just gets me some action in this game on one side of the other. I just need three runs scored in the first three innings. And then here's my draft bet Dylan Cruz as of last night over on DK. You guys can go over to betting Pros. You can check out all the odds on all the places. But on DK was two twenty five. Max Clark was four hundred. So here's how I play it. I bet, I guess in my world would be two units on Dylan Cruz to go uh number one overall at two twenty five, and then I bet at one unit on Max Clark, which assured me if one of those two gets drafted, I am taking home two units. So no matter what, even though I put the two bets out there, I've left myself open for Paul Skeens.
Speaker 2: Langford is not going one.
Speaker 1: Skeens can but the whole industry believes that skeens in Washington are match made in Heaven. So I'm setting myself up that I'm going to get one of these. With how things are going in my world right now, it'll one hundred percent be Paul Skins, but I feel it's been dealing Cruise with an outside shot at Max Clark.
Speaker 2: So betting both of those assures me a nice payout.
Speaker 1: And hey, if you want to, you can get a little bit less of a return if Cruise goes. If you want to bet the same amount if Max goes, you're going to get a much better return. If Cruise goes, you've eaten into your profit a bit, but you're still okay. But two units on Cruise, one on Max Clark. That's my MLB draft betting. I'm doing wonky.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: I would do like a I'm really big into round robins, which we can discuss some other day when I host again in August, but for today, I would do just small, like three three pick round robin. I love the Yankees against the Cubs. Jameson Taian is terrible, and he is just legitimately terrible, even though his expected stats say he shouldn't be. He is the Red Sox. I'm going with the run line on that one over Luis Medina and Oakland. They're at home. I think the wind's blown out. There's just no way. And then I'm actually going with the Betting Pros pick of the day, which is over eight and a half runs between Atlanta and Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh. I like that one.
Speaker 1: I also like So Rare. You guys can come and play with us. Check out So Rare today. It's digital cards meets fantasy games. All of it is ownership as well. You own these cards. There's an incredible market place as well where you can buy new It's essentially an investment. You can invest in on new cards and guess what, you can list your cards on the market as well. Get in on it today, get these guys in lineups and you'll have an opportunity to win more. If you want to have a little bit more fun, come and check us out over on the Leading Off League Fantasypros dot com slash Leading Off League where you can play with all the peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Joey's there, I'm there. Go and check them out today. Fantasypros dot Com slash leading off.
Speaker 2: I'm not as My.
Speaker 1: Acumen for dfs like Joe Is isn't quite as good, but I did put out there. If you're looking for some arms, I'm very heavily focused on Zach Gallon. I also really like Hunter Brown today. I like the K markers on him. If I'm stacking, I'm looking at the Dodgers. I'm really looking at the Giants. Who the Giants have going up against Austin Gomber and Colorado. Also maybe the Chicago White Sox. So you can pick and choose from there if you want to get those bad boys going.
Speaker 2: I did not get the home run boards, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Or have it, but I did see Razor earlier say that he recaptured the lead, so I don't know if you know, Kelly, where we are on the leader board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually updated it in the sheet, but yep. So we've got Razor at thirty three, JJ Tator at thirty two, Riley at twenty nine, Time at twenty eight, and then a lot of people with twenty six who.
Speaker 1: Did Razor hack Razor got who had multiple homers yesterday? Because maybe Gunner Razor, who did you go with because you jumped over Tater, and I think you were one behind. So Razor and Tater are both over the thirties, the only ones. And then we've got a litany of twenty five twenty six is and I have just kind of fallen off. I'm back to my old ways. Apparently I'm going to be a super streaky home run caller because I was up up up, I am a down to down right now, and Joe has been kind of moving up. So, Kelly, who you got for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, I don't know if I did this just because it's you and me, or because the wind is blown out and he's facing Cole Urban, But I'm going with Byron Buxton, assuming he can stand up straight and get into the better shoes a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Are you truly you know?
Speaker 3: He might? No, I'm serious. He might come out with an injury, probably five seconds before game time, and I'll switch. But but for now, Byron Buckson, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like I'm getting it.
Speaker 1: You had one hundred percent be Buckston, and it's like Corbin's hurt and Buxton and then Paul Skeins will go on, everything's not coming out. I'm going with another thing. If you want to go and check out the conversation that Joe and I had over on Betting Pros. We did a video all about the home run Derby, how to bet it, are logic around it, and you may hear me talk positively about this guy right here, a Doulas Garcia in the Home Run Derby. I really like some metrics in his favor. If you even want to pretend to metrics matter and home Run Derby, I'm gonna go with the dolls today. So that's my pick for the home run call a Doulas Garcia. I guess that's going to be my weekend call as well. I might change it up. And the way I can do it is when I am over on the Fantasy Pros Discord, which you guys can be a part of when you sign up, become a Premium member, get an upgrade, get access to all the amazing stuff from managing your lineups. They are incredible tools. My playbook get you guys hooked up with Lineup Assistant, waiver Assistant, and when you get in there, you can get in the discord.
Speaker 2: And you can chat with all the awesome people and.
Speaker 1: You can also make your home run calls with the home run bot that is in there.
Speaker 2: So we did it. I didn't cry, which I think was a really good thing.
Speaker 1: I felt like I was going to cry a couple times. I didn't cry today. No bad news happen. But Kelly, what do you got going on in the world as we go into the weekend? Plug something something positive?
Speaker 3: Plug something positive. Well, I'm trying to figure out how we're going to do the home run calls for the home Run Derby, which is usually a pretty fun, sort of wonky little contest. So you should definitely join the discord because it is fantastic. And yeah, I really wasn't trolling you and Richard. I'm sorry, but I still believe that I would drop Buxton for lamont Waite, so you know, there's just that. But otherwise, yeah, I'm just looking forward to watching some baseball and relaxing in my little house. So what are you doing?
Speaker 1: What happened to wonky Wednesdays? By the way, where we got our bonuses? What happened to our bonuses?
Speaker 3: We usually implement those when Joe goes away, So okay, so because he always picks the judges, and then I'm like, well, let's catch him because he won't participate. So yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Well we see how that goes this year.
Speaker 1: But you know the way this is going, I either need Joe to never go or never come back. I don't know which way this is gonna go with the Gorbyn Carroll stuff.
Speaker 2: But hope he hedged his bet. Hopey got is hedged bet.
Speaker 1: That's what he cares about. I'm sitting over here crying. I'm like, my brand is all crazy. Like I said, if you guys want to check me out this weekend, I'll be on CBS Sports HQ for some draft coverage and we'll be breaking it down next week. We got some great videos here on the Fantasy Pro MLB YouTube channel as well as betting pros and just follow me over at is It the Welsh. Also, we're both on threads if you care. Horrible job everyone's doing, even though some have tried. We're letting Joe far surpass me and that's a travesty. So let's take care of that. We can't let the bad guys win, and the bad guys out there with the steel chair and letting Corbyn Carrol get hurt.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.
Speaker 1: We'll enjoy it on some All Star breaks and we will be back again on Monday, Joe and me.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, maybe we'll just kick Joe off and we'll get Kelly.
Speaker 1: But Kelly, thank you so much for hanging out with me and you guys will see you next time. Right here on leading all by friends feel