Speaker 1: It is Drake Chans, Motherfucky podcast man Sime.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain'ts agreed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop ponere p up as dj E f N.
Speaker 1: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, and the most professional, unprofessional.
Speaker 2: Podcast and your number one source for drunk Chans.
Speaker 3: Moy Day is New Year's c Listen, It's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 2: Drink up, mother mother, what.
Speaker 1: A good beeping your boy in O R E? What up is d J E f NA, motherfucker?
Speaker 3: And right now we got one of my favorite artists from this new generation by way of Queens. Then went to Atlanta and that got some real bread to move to California and stiff pulling on your motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: This man when you go through.
Speaker 3: His discography, he got hit after hit after hit. I feel sorry for anybody who ever tried to challenge him in the verses because I swear to God and he could make any type of music.
Speaker 1: I was just so happy. I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to give you your flowers in case you don't know what we talked about.
Speaker 2: You mother.
Speaker 1: Right away. I haven't been drinking. I don't know if you know, but I'm drinking today.
Speaker 4: We're drinking.
Speaker 1: What you drinking?
Speaker 2: K Okay?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you because this is a lot of things going around right now?
Speaker 1: Are you the mior? What's the mirror? You Meir? You don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: You try to get something today? Right generation? I thought you would know.
Speaker 4: That sounds like it's something like cute or something like.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like a clean like when the mayor. Yeah, yeah, you know how to speak Spanish. Spanish though, I'm gonna tell you how to speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: In two seconds.
Speaker 3: You're ready, You're gonna speak spell socks very fast.
Speaker 1: Some socks s O c K.
Speaker 4: I say it fast that.
Speaker 1: You learned that ship just learned. Here. Just listen, let's let's off from the beginning.
Speaker 3: Queens, how did you How did your family want to be queens?
Speaker 4: My parents moved from Haiti, oh wow?
Speaker 2: And then they was living in Brooklyn, Okay.
Speaker 1: And then you know what part of Haiti?
Speaker 2: No, I've never been there before, you've never been there? No?
Speaker 3: Yes, Sunday's off our resident, and he's never been there neither.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never been there. Yeah, it's kind of I've been there.
Speaker 1: How I've been there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I heard it's kind of wild over there right now, right, So yeah, they moved from Brooklyn to like the Long Island area. I was born in Queens and I was living in Elmont until I was like thirteen.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, until like after nine to eleven. Nine eleven happened and my parents like packed up.
Speaker 2: When my mom packed up her tour to Hemri and we drove to College Park, Georgia.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, And that's where you made That's where history started to make.
Speaker 1: Was you wrapping when you was in No?
Speaker 4: Okay, No, I was just stealing bikes and ship, you know, regularly.
Speaker 1: And you a skateboarder too, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, skateboarding Georgia.
Speaker 3: Also in Georgia, nine Queens. Okay, So what before we get into you know, you're linking up with the migos or whatever, what made you want to start to rap?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Keeping myself out of trouble.
Speaker 2: I was getting locked up for doing all type of dumb ship at the time, and I feel like it was like my way out. I was looking for a way out. I got a job. I had two jobs. I worked one job of Wendy's and I worked at a candy factory for like a day.
Speaker 4: Oh really a candy factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't know how I got a job, but I worked at a candy factory for like a couple of hours. You know when they have you packing up the candy and like the packages and ship and I had like a some type of net on my head and I could see the reflection of my face in the like the machine, and I just took it off. I'm like, this is not for me.
Speaker 4: I took it off.
Speaker 1: It's Wendy's.
Speaker 2: I took the net off my head. I threw it on the ground. I was like, I quit. After like a couple of hours, I called my dad's on to come pick me up. He picked me up in the truck and then it was out.
Speaker 1: Now, what's your first rap name?
Speaker 2: Black boy to kid, black boy to kid, black boy to kid. Yeah, yeah, I don't know why. I don't know. I have no idea. I have no idea why I was called black with a kid. But some girl and was shoot on some girls and ship. They was like, yo, let me ask you something, Why is your name black boy?
Speaker 1: The kids?
Speaker 2: You're not even that dark? And I was like, damn, you know what, you got a point it? Yeah, So I was like, Ship, you know what, you got a point there. And I was like, you know what, I know one day I will be rich and I want to be rich, so I might as well name myself rich right now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: I was putting two and two together, and I was like, I thought you named yourself rich because after your father or like or something like that.
Speaker 4: You want to want to.
Speaker 1: Toda, so boom, you move to Georgia. Is it Georgia because College Park?
Speaker 3: College Park, that's what you changing them from, right, college Park?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. I was living College Parks apartment complex. Some ship. I was there.
Speaker 4: It was kind of different from me from New York. I was not.
Speaker 2: I was like, I felt like I was in the third world country. I didn't understand what then was going on. So I remember moving and I got all my stuff situated while I was staying with my uncle, and he gave me two CDs. He gave me an Outcast City and he gave me a t I C So that was like my introduction to like hip hop like South.
Speaker 4: That's a great introduction too.
Speaker 3: So so on your journey in New York, you hadn't listened to New York artist kid, I had to listen to you Southern artists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was, you know what I'm saying, But I didn't listen to No South. I didn't know anything about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, because this is this, this is what I'm curious, because it's got to be a culture class. You're coming from Haiti, then Brooklyn, and then.
Speaker 1: You didn't you were born in Haiti. No no, no, no, so your.
Speaker 3: Parents so but then you go in from from New York and then it had had to be like totally different because it was it was city orientated as opposed to country orientated.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what the fuck was going on at all, So I was there just chilling, broid. I feel like that's where I got like acquainted with the trap ship, you know what I'm saying. Like the first I don't I don't know what they called it, Like, I just feel like just the trap life because like my first week in school, they gave me baggies and like y'all got the weed for you know, what I'm saying. I'm on the bus selling weed and ship selling weed. Yeah, telling we like my first week in school. Yeah, I got some friends. They gave me some weed, you know what I'm saying. I go back to the house. I got the weed and my pants and ship and my mom's like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm like, what do you mean? She's like, I smell it.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: So I ended up flushing the flushing the weed and then I owe some people some money and ship.
Speaker 4: Hustle it up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that's when I got acquainted with the trap ship feel.
Speaker 3: I take one with just Ice, Yo, I ain't gonna lie to you. I'm trying to I was. I'm not saying I'm trying to put you in a box, but I'm trying to label like your style and the greatest thing about you is I feel like you can rhyme on anything. Do you feel like that about yourself? So like if Lady got God was to call you right now, you can just do the record with Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stout, I preached outed.
Speaker 3: So what is your favorite thing to do is it to make the record or perform the record?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Probably performing the record, performing like.
Speaker 2: Touching the fans, you know what I'm saying, feeling that energy from from the new right Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now let me I'm flipping and bouncing around. The alcohols hit me. But you're you've been signed to a couple of labels. We'll get into that. But the good thing about you is you always put people on. So how did you develop that that that type of mind frame that like not only you know business, but but bring other people in your business.
Speaker 2: I feel like when I started getting blessed by God, I'm like, you know what, I'm blessed for a reason to pass on the blessing to others, you know what I'm saying. So in any way I can help somebody. I always wanted to help and share my blessings, right for sure?
Speaker 4: Right, So Jesus on, that's honorable.
Speaker 1: Very honor. Quick time with slim earlier.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is our drinking game. Okay, So we're going to give you two choices. You pick one, nobody drinks. If you don't pick, like, if you say both or neither of them, then we all drinking, all right, And that's it. Any stories you got with anybody, because it's just about going through your story through these people and different things that we mentioned.
Speaker 3: TUPAC or d m xuac d m x any criteria, that's hard one.
Speaker 1: Taking a shot yeah okay, and he got the killer right, Yeah, okay, what you got? I got back up? Brother. I like I like the fact that he took a shot because hip hop will be made. You gotta know the fan. Okay.
Speaker 5: Was there anything about either of those artists that might.
Speaker 4: Have inspired you?
Speaker 2: You got you got to meet x No, I never got to meet him, but both of them inspired me hugely, like that crazy I look, look so.
Speaker 1: All right, nas or jay Z Damn, this is this is meant to set you off.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Dominican and Colombia that we're asks the questions over there so that they're they're analyzing you question.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you taking a shop?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah, man, okay.
Speaker 3: Kodak Black or twenty one Savage Kodak Black. Do you see his slippers, slippers, the Haitian slippers.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, you know you had a pair of those.
Speaker 4: That's my Haitian brother.
Speaker 1: You know you did.
Speaker 3: I had come up the Islanders have a paradol Now, I had a pair of da you fucked up.
Speaker 7: I was like, I'm like wet style slipping.
Speaker 1: We see talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, my dad got the same tub.
Speaker 1: I think you were tripping, not with the slippers. I think it was a yeah, like he had on like some linen or what's he what you know?
Speaker 3: Kodak Black is kind of like he's kind of fly Like he's kind of like a fly young dude. That's something that you're into too, fashion right? Yeah? Cool, it's time sign a right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wayne a young boy, Wayne a young boy and obviously Lil Wayne right.
Speaker 1: Try to put some respect on his name. I call him a little no more. I respect that you got a project with them both shot. I gotta look out for you. No pick on this one. I take this shot. You know. Look oh ship okay still hm hmm.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about working on because bro, A lot of people got little little Wayne features.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: If you meet Wayne, it's known that you know he gets loves to meet him. You gotta get in that and most people can't get that. But you got not only songs with him, you got a.
Speaker 1: Whole entire album yeah, yeah, Like how did that come about?
Speaker 2: Man? I think it was like a few weeks after me and young Boy dump the album.
Speaker 4: And the FaceTime from Wayne. He hopping on his jet.
Speaker 2: You're like, yo, bro, I'm about to go to my daughter's birthday party.
Speaker 4: When I get back, we need to do this album.
Speaker 2: I'm like this album. Yeah he said this album. I said, oh, hell yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So no Wayne, Yeah, I think he's Wayne, like he'll hit me with a song, or I hit him with a song. He's sending it back in like twenty four hours he saw, so like, we ain't getting the studio right away, but I'm always recorded, I'm always working, so I always had songs in my notes. So I just text him like two or three songs right away and he just started sending them back one by one.
Speaker 3: And so so was it was it aimed for being a project first?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, let's do a project together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I was like hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's after the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, bro, Little Wayne. I've been looking up to the Little Wayne. I was like, a jit, you know what I'm saying. His mixtapes got me through, so much in life, like jugging finessing to his ship, like it's crazy to have an album with Wayne, Like going from listening to his CDs on the Trains mixtapes on the bus, like riding the bus like I was like, damn, one day, I want to be like Wayne type shit. You know what I'm saying to him asking me to do an album. It's like definitely a blessing because.
Speaker 3: This sounded like mister Miyaki and a karate kid almost like like when you listen to it, it's like.
Speaker 1: But it's like in a complimentary right.
Speaker 3: It's like you know his tone, he kind of knows your tone, and it's like it's almost like, for lack of a better term, for me to compare it to something else, it's almost like Watch.
Speaker 1: The Throne like Kanye and and Jay almost you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's what it reminds me to was that something that I was like trying to beat or uh.
Speaker 4: No, I feel like we were just doing what we're doing. You know what I'm saying. He might have a song ready for me and I knock it out real quick. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We just going feeding off each other energy I feel like anybody ever did a project with from Migos to Young Boy to the Wayne. It's just like we feed off each other energy in the booth, in the studio, and that's the best way to do it.
Speaker 1: And was this on Universal Republic?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this went to Republic.
Speaker 1: Okay, And he was on Republic at that time.
Speaker 4: I think, so okay, I think I was. He's doing a couple of labels.
Speaker 1: In the fact that he's not sure to get a lot of text.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 8: It's Keith for Dirk, Chief Keith for Dirk, Chief Keith for Dirk. I would have to say Chief Keith.
Speaker 2: He sent me a verse like I did an album my last album actually likes to gamble, and I was like, yo, I need this song by Friday because I was finn to drop the album, but then it ended up getting pushed back.
Speaker 4: But he sent to me.
Speaker 2: By Friday before Friday, him saying right away. And I respect him for that. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like Chief Keepers like like somewhat of the godfather of that news style of music?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drill music. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: She keeps opening a way for everybody. For sure. A lot of niggas trying to be like chief Key.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he running around there trying to be like nobody. Yeah, for sure, he's still himself. Yeah I respect that. Okay, the next one.
Speaker 1: I'll sit take a drink. Come on, call back. You don't want that little d A got that dope or Murder beats?
Speaker 2: Murder beats? Yeah, I remember murder since he was a jit. Hell yeah, out cast a U g K Outcasts. That's the first season you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure when he when he went down South, went down South?
Speaker 1: I want I want to know this one for yay or for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real?
Speaker 4: I go yeah, yeah, I got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of records together. Yeah, that's not taking a shot.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you working for him? Uh No, I've never worked with for Yeah. I reached out to him, but we never worked together. Actually, I just seen him in pairing Paris Fast a week. Yeah, and I got his number and she said, yeah, text me, you know what I'm saying, We're gonna put it together.
Speaker 4: I text her, she's never inn mad.
Speaker 2: So they like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't worry about it too real. My bad, My bad, They like they don't worry about it. It's love. It's love. It's love love. Huh, well you fixed it?
Speaker 4: I don't see it?
Speaker 3: Okay, Nicky Jam, Oh best up, bloom Pluma, best plum bro, you know best blouse. We said we see you with Nicky Jam the other day, Yes, yesterday, I'm on point.
Speaker 4: I got a studio with him tonight. Okay, damn it.
Speaker 2: Where by I'm gonna have to say pay some blowing. That's my brother, bro.
Speaker 7: And how do y'all talk language speaking? They told me speak English?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The people that call me.
Speaker 4: Talking about yeah, I need record did want me to know.
Speaker 2: We got what I'm telling you. I had more than one. You know we're working on some ship.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. How did y'all mainke up?
Speaker 2: I think about a year and a half ago, I was just checking out some ship and I came across his music and I hit him up. Was DM Yeah. I was like, yo, bro, your ship is fire. He sent me his number, He's like, YO, call me. I called him. He spoke on FaceTime. He's like, brobab listening to your music for like eight years. Really, I was like, damn, that's fire. So like we were both on the road for a while and who's I think, Oh, who's that who's that bad bunny show?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: And I ran into him again okay, and he was like, we need to get in, so like he couldn't get in, No, we need to get indiot.
Speaker 1: I was like, y'all you think I couldn't get ink.
Speaker 2: He like, let's get in the studio. And a couple of days later I pulled up on him. I played him a couple of records and he was like, oh, yeah, this is the one, right, and then the chemistry just he just went crazy on it, like all right, it was fine, let.
Speaker 1: Me ask you something.
Speaker 3: This is this is this from an artist, and damn point, I'm not coming from a podcast. The only time I kind of actually traded fast this is real ship. And I've been rapping for twenty seven because Mother Flint would just turned twenty five, so like twenty seven years. The only time I ever felt like I traded fans. There's two funny ass features Daddy Yankee, which is a Spanish artist and reggaetar artist. When I I did a record with Daddy Yankee, I started to see what.
Speaker 1: They call him beer house. Yeah yeah, the old ladies. Older ladies will come up to me and be like.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, ship, this ship actually works, like I actually like, I actually got his fist. I'm gonna tell y'all tell your own ball.
Speaker 1: It's gonna fuck it up.
Speaker 3: You know the only other time I felt like I traded fans for an artist acts somebody asks who kill.
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 2: You know, listen.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the best you know what, I don't know. They call black woman older black woman.
Speaker 3: By the way, I squear to you, I've been because you know, you do collapse, and you got a lot of collapse. Me and Pun, I text Pun from heaven now and then, and you know, me and Poement was the feature kings so and you took our Crown were like that, we like that, we salute that.
Speaker 1: But trying to say, is holy ship? How crazy is that?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Mm hm Do you do you feel that that trade that he's talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. You special man. He's got a crazy movement. Got a crazy movement, man. But we just dropped the song and it's like, I'm independent now. So the song was already gold independently, the Empire independent regularly, and I did a distribution with Gamma. So yeah, bro, it's like they're going ready, Yeah, it's about to be Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's fire Bros.
Speaker 2: Fire. The video went crazy. Yeah. I was excited for that record, definitely, like crossover type ship in twining in two worlds. All right, let's keep going French or Ross, French or Ross mm hmm, man, I would have to say French. Yeah, French gave me like one of my first verses on Like, I had a record called Jumping like Jordan's that was going crazy in the hood and shout out to recy.
Speaker 1: She put the record together with French.
Speaker 2: Uh and my brother Changs Drugs RB Chinks. Yeah bro, and they showed me so much love. Like way back, I didn't have any hits or anything. He hopped on the record and went crazy French.
Speaker 5: He has a good eye for like identifying fallon and I.
Speaker 1: Respect that too, Like you know, oh ship. So I'm like plus, so.
Speaker 9: You're getting miles and when you sit down, Miles.
Speaker 1: Actually, actually I didn't stop it. I don't stop it and let it run off. So so let's let's let's take it back. No no, no, let's w.
Speaker 2: W tang clan. Damn.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, no, I ain't got a shot.
Speaker 1: How old were you when you moved from Queens to thirteen?
Speaker 2: Right, thirteen, Yeah, so you already you had the music and you already yeah sure, yeah he took a shot for it though, right yeah, yeah, cool.
Speaker 3: That's a very hard thing. And yeah yeah, I mean I think they do. Big fans of both of them, right, that's what you listening to your music and then like, you know, studying you, I could tell you a hip hop hip hop like it's not like phony with you, like yeah, yeah, I could tell that through your soul. And every time I've seen you too. One thing we all you know, we said, we said we we got you. I think everybody in the room was like, you'll we like him, bro, like like people fuck with you, like like like you know what I'm saying, your music. But then when when a person get to meet you and see you in the streets, you're like, you're like you know you you you abimrale dude.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So thank people fuck with you like that. That's that's a good thing. Okay, I got a good shot, right, I'm talking. I got to take a shot, bro. And you're clucking in miles too.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's like Nipsey are Easy.
Speaker 4: Rest and peace of both. Took a shot shot r P Brothers.
Speaker 1: Fab or Jadakiss.
Speaker 2: Man. I have to say Jadakiss because he showed me a lot of love too.
Speaker 4: Also, that's right, yeah, but both of them show me love.
Speaker 2: But another I had another record that I just did with Jadakiss and it was crazy. He went, he gave me a crazy verse. Actually I dropping. I still got it in the ball right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got to Jada kids verse. Now, this is Jada with his hairline, without his hairline.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, you know, taking.
Speaker 1: A shot at him. That's my brother. We got hairline beef. You got a joint. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Shout out to the Locks and their tour man, they're still in there.
Speaker 1: You gotta give me the dates. Jada told me to come out. I gotta come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bro, I seem like I'm Hollywood and ship because because like like it's hard for two artists to communicate and ship. I'm like, send me the dates. And then he's like, when you're coming out, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, sir, you didn't send me the dates. Like he's high high. Yeah, it's not really that good, Yaddy, or n L Chopper.
Speaker 4: Yadi or Eli Chappa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the hat.
Speaker 2: No, the hash for the rest, I will have to say Yadi because I like we kind of came up together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yady said Bronx niggas can't dress. Yeah, he's fould for that. Yeah he was driven, he's ripping. But I like that because Jim Jones responded, and Jim Jones said, uh, unless he would get the flyers.
Speaker 1: For a thousand dollars. I think they're doing that. I think they're coming up.
Speaker 3: I actually loved that idea because you know, if you really fly, it doesn't cost a lot of money. And I like the fact that that was a younger generation and the older generation making with best of it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I like, I like, everything doesn't have to be beef. Disagreement doesn't have to be beefing, you know what I'm saying. Like I keep my ship golden. You know what I'm saying, he keeps his ship.
Speaker 1: And the clause we don't beat gold I just wanted to, you know what I'm saying, they don't got to be beef.
Speaker 3: So I like when hip hop, you know, does ship like that, So big big up, to Yachdy and big up to Jim Jones and big up to Italy Chopper too rough riders a Rockefeller.
Speaker 4: Riders a Rockefeller.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, mm hmmm. I would have to go with Rockefeller was a bigger fan of I wanted the Rock Chain.
Speaker 3: Graft one of the Rock Chain and signed to the Rock and still didn't get one.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't sign and he got one.
Speaker 1: I didn't sign. I got two. I got to you know what I'm saying. I did my queen ship.
Speaker 3: Nigga, I got I got one and got another one.
Speaker 2: So you said Rockefeller, okay, Coler Kendrick Colon Kendrick, Kendrick fast Yeah yeah, Kendrick, he gave me one of my first features.
Speaker 3: Now, now hold on, hold on cold, because what did you say on the record? You said she wanted to in the ap new Freezer?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Bust out a p Yeah, she wanted to funk my AP like she she's in love with my watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's why I water bust now. Yeah, you know, I ain't want to ask nobody. I was like you, I said, you still hip hop? You know, you know we know.
Speaker 3: Exactly what you mean. So I'm glad that it's new freezing. I'm cool enough to be in a new freezing category. Got Well, we'll get back to the feature because I want to know how that came about. Okay, but hmm, Gucci Man or t.
Speaker 2: I Gucci Man or t I Gucci Man and t I.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That's hard. I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm in solo, all right. Uh dollard signs for Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: To dollars sign Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's my bro. That's my nigga, my brother to change a little boozy tow chains or a little boozy mm hmmm, two chains, a little boozy. I don't have to go with two chains. That's like big bro. Beer a lot of beer, A lot of beer, a lot of mm hmm hmm.
Speaker 3: I know you got story. It's just going through his mind. He can't even help it. I'm look okay a t L or L A ship a t l l A A t l A t l This is the last one for a quick time of slim. You're going back into the interview. Loyalty or respects here?
Speaker 2: Respect?
Speaker 4: I didn't take a shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the right, great, take a real shot. Don't take a drink, give a shot.
Speaker 3: That's the real you know, that's We've been doing this for eight years. What we say is like like, that's the only time you should take a shot when we do this. You know what I'm saying, because one watches the other, and especially in this game, Like I just looked at your face and I know that. Yeah, Salo, Salo, Salo. So let's talk about the advantages of being on major labels. I think you was on Republic, right Universal. I believe he was on Interscope. Yeah, I believe that at one time. You even spend some time with Gazi over there at Empire. What is the pluses for people that's trying to come into this game, for a young person that's looking up to you and they say, all right, cool, what is the pluses of being with a major Because I'm a major label guy. He's an independent guy. But we both make compromises. So can you explain to a person who's been sleeping under a rock and doesn't know Kanye is not making sneakers no more so?
Speaker 1: Can you explain to them the major verse.
Speaker 4: What I'm to say. Major labels, they're like a Chico.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, they have all the relationships they've been building for twenty and thirty years, forty fifty whatever, how many years.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They have everything, the whole infrastructure of what they've been building for twenty and thirty years. I feel like being independent, you have to use your own relationships. You know what I'm saying that as a rapper or artist, you might have only been in the game for like four or five years. You know what I'm saying, You got to use all them. But they got every every single person on Spotify, every single Purple on Apple Music, Amazon, you know what I'm saying, to everything, every single person on Uber, Lift, Airbnb, whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, They got everybody.
Speaker 3: Wait talking about this, I'm old, what the fuck they're hiring Uber Travis Now, I'm just saying, they.
Speaker 4: Of everything.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's ill, Like you're getting a card play your ship you didn't even know it their own are.
Speaker 4: Even thinking of you?
Speaker 1: I say, like you hire Elon Holy Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's definitely some ups and downs to being signed to a level where being you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, but but you were independent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were doing independent stuff before ever science, Yeah for sure, and you already had some success. And that's my argument that if you find success independently, then you could make a better deal with the mayor.
Speaker 1: Here's my argument.
Speaker 3: Yes, by the way, I don't disagree with that, but here's my argument. This is what I always think. I always think, you signed to the major, let them spend that bag on you. Yeah, because once they can't take back fame.
Speaker 2: For sure, Like I get to a level where you don't need a label, Yes, for sure, that's definitely possible. I feel like sometimes signed to a label and just waiting on that, or sign into a label and you signed to them, you're not knowing exactly what you're gonna get, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You could have of course, the contract that says they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna spend that bag, they're gonna spend it how they want to and when they want to, you know what I'm saying. So like one, for instance, Raydeo labels don't spend a lot of money over They don't like to spend a lot of money on radio because they don't really make money off radio. You know what I'm saying, the artists book shows and they get money off radio. So unless you are high like super streaming artists and that song is already gone and going there, they're not really gonna they'll double down on that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying because I heard you say that if you signed with a label, whoever, they star artists want to treat exact way.
Speaker 1: Like when I was signed to Republic.
Speaker 2: I'm like, y'all got the Weekend, y'all got Nigga Minaj. I want the same treatment y'all give them, I'm saying because I'm that caliber right for sure?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I mean that's why you know listen, man, I love fucking.
Speaker 1: Five star hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And when I went from major to independent, oh, I must have sounded like a Prima donna. All them niggas booked me in the motel, I said, Holy moly, I'm platinum.
Speaker 1: Just don't go together. I was me. I was a mad as a motherfucker. I was like, this independence shit ain't me.
Speaker 3: But that was because I was so pampered at the time, Like going from Depth Jam to fucking gold Face Records. It just didn't work out for me. But if I would have grinded it out. But but again we you guys have direct to consumer, like you don't have to go it's a different Independence is a better independent.
Speaker 1: Like you're sure your fans could go with you. Do you feel your fans with with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's also about what you want out of being an artist and what you want out of your career. You know what I'm saying. I don't know some things that it's really difficult to do as being an independent artist, you feel me. So it just really depends on what you want out of it and how much ownership you want it.
Speaker 5: You might regret now like you're saying now you're about to get the rights reverted back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But that's because you signed a deal and that you didn't on your your master's.
Speaker 4: I want to get spooky for second weird That ship sounds crazy.
Speaker 1: The reason why I'm gonna say that right.
Speaker 3: Because I was the young nigga from the hood that took that deal that didn't read the contract. You understand, that didn't read the car. All I saw it was the end result in.
Speaker 4: The first time they ready, I know, check.
Speaker 3: At the end of it, and I was like, you know what, even if I get jerked on this one, I'm gonna make it up.
Speaker 1: For this one.
Speaker 3: All right, let's move on, let's go because we're not the mirror. I don't know what the funk that means. The mirror. Okay, let's talk about voltures, right you about that life, it was number one, no, no, but Kanye is probably the most unique individual I've not in hip hop, in life, like in life, like like you you go me one day was like I just want to hang and I didn't know what to say. I was like, okay, he's like wherever you ad a pulling up and he just pulled up and we had juices and it was just like like like he taught me something that the world couldn't do it the world tried to teach me. And I'm gonna tell you what he taught me. He told me to do what the fuck you want to do, whenever the fuck you want to do it.
Speaker 1: Don't live. He taught me freedom like he did.
Speaker 3: He like literally for the fucking six months that I was hanging out with him, whatever over almost every day, he literally did whatever the fuck he wanted to do. How did you develop your relationship with you man.
Speaker 2: I had a I had a dinner right and Noble, Yeah, dinner, and I was I was having dinner.
Speaker 4: With bros.
Speaker 2: I was at Ralphie and Grahams were chilling having dinner, and then.
Speaker 4: I'm on the graund I see my bro vy shot at the boy.
Speaker 2: He's yeah, he was at Noble too, and I was like, oh, you're at Noble.
Speaker 4: He was like yeah, I just pulled up. I'm on Yay and Ship. I was like, oh, word.
Speaker 2: But by the time he hit me back, I was already at the house. No, I already went back to my career. So he's like he's like yo. He's like, yo, pull back up, come back to Noble and Ship. Damn we're chilling. I'm like, all right, bet.
Speaker 4: I was kind of tied, but I was like, fucking, I'm gonna go ahead and pull up.
Speaker 2: Already I never met him, so I was like, fucking, I'm gonna go pull back up. I pulled back up. I said word with the boy and then yeah, come up to me. He's like, Yo, you rich the kid right? You want to play some music? I was like Noble, Yeah, he wanted, wasn't he recorded? He had to set up a hole talking about this catch show. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. He had the whole studio set up. He's like, you want to play some music? I was like, all right, cool, So I started playing a couple of songs and then like I think, I played like two songs, and the third song I played came on.
Speaker 4: He just started hitting in one of these.
Speaker 2: Moves like that, and then like think his girl looked at him. I was like, this is fire. He's like, yo, bro, can I get on this song right now?
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So the engineer just pulled it up. He just started rapping on the song back of Noble. In the back of Noble, Yeah yeah, ass so them. So then we started more people and more people started coming and start getting crowd and ship. So I was tired and I just I just dipped right. And then the next day I was like, Ship, how the fuck do I get that song?
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, what the fuck are you know?
Speaker 2: Just like a lot of sot of going on, just like a lot of people going out and he doing whatever, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, damn, how if I get that song? I started hitting people that I knew and my fucks started acting like they ain't you know.
Speaker 1: What the was like, what's song?
Speaker 2: I was like like, oh, what's going on?
Speaker 4: But I was hitting like assisting other people know. It was just like.
Speaker 2: Didn't know what's going on and ship but don't.
Speaker 4: But then randomly I think.
Speaker 2: They hit me and it was like, yo, Gay wants you to come to the studio and help with.
Speaker 10: Donna two yeah after the amountable session yeah yeah, yeah yeah, it was like a couple of days later, it was like, we want you to come and work for a couple of days and ship.
Speaker 2: So the first day I got over there, I got the song. Yeah, and then like the Donald project came out. You know, he's working on his album, so the song like didn't come out, Like.
Speaker 5: What was that process of him wanting you to help? What does that exactly mean?
Speaker 1: Like when he.
Speaker 2: Trashed you know, cooking up and so we're just cooking up together and ship type. But then like the song the song that we did, like they was working on they was focused on the Donna ships, so it ain't never come out.
Speaker 4: So like like.
Speaker 2: A year later, ties like doing he like out there in Saudi and ship, I'm like, damn, I'm right here and do bay no weed. Yeah, okay, I'm out here in Dubai an hour away. Was that close to you? Yeah, I'm like, ship, I might as well hop on a flight. Listen when they're doing yeah this goes, I'm like fuck it, I'm there, hop on the flight, Come come politics ship. So then I'm like, hop on a plane. Me and my bros on the plane. We get to We get to Saudi and uh we got a plane and they're like, okay, what's the visa. I was like, visa, you need a visa to come here? Like yeah, you need a visa. I was like damn, but like you could buy it right here. So I was all right, bet we about to be ship.
Speaker 1: So we happen you're working, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, you say you need that's what they not every country, but different countries.
Speaker 1: You gotta like when I work, I get a visa, but.
Speaker 3: When I go on vacation sometimes you need travel visa putting me on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They continue, so then like go outside. You know they they ain't got no uber and ship over there. So I was like fucking. Me and my brother were just hopping into taxi like this regular cab was not Mercedes. It was it was a regular cab but no, I don't know what it was. But I'm like, I need.
Speaker 4: To go here.
Speaker 2: He's like, bro, that's two hours away. I'm like, all right, Ship, that's where we're going. So we're in the cab right two hours away and Ship. So when we get like halfway there, he like, okay, you have to pay.
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, I bet so.
Speaker 2: Damn I put out a hundred and American dollars.
Speaker 4: He's no, you have to pay. I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: So we try to go get some other type of money and ship should not going through. I don't know what it was, something like that. Yeah, So I was like whatever. So I'm like, can you say the American money? He took the American money? I was like, all I bet we get out there. First day we like listen to the album and Ship, and then like the second day we started cooking up. I'm in the room cooking up with Ty like I freest out the carnival. Ship put it on his like a carnival Yeah. Yeah, he damn put it on his verse and then Ship like the next day I was finna dip. I had to go to the show. I think I had two shows to do by one show and then another one, so I was finna go back. So I'm I told you, I like play the song for Yay, but I think they had like there was a lot going on, so they didn't really get to play it for him and Ship. So I just dipped because I had to go to the show. So like about a three weeks later, Ty hit me like, yo ya wants you to be on an album. So I was like, fuck it, let's do it. He's like, which song we record?
Speaker 4: Two songs?
Speaker 2: You're like, which song you think should I'm going there. I was like Carnival. It was called Honor Roll and then the fans just called it of us Ship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, God, damn, God, damn makes no.
Speaker 3: One of the things I was, you know, bugging going through thesography was you didn't have a song with Drake Nah.
Speaker 2: Drake and me one time say like new Freezer was like his favorite song and sez Yeah, but you never got to work yet.
Speaker 4: You ever you ever made met Drake Man? Yeah, yeah, met a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Do you think you're your alligious is automatically with Kendrick because of your history from the beginning or does that separate? Does that make it seem like you have to pick a side sometimes?
Speaker 1: And hip hop is just it's it's it's terrible.
Speaker 3: You can't even take a picture with somebody because they'll think that you quote unquote with the ops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I just mind my venus.
Speaker 1: That's how I get that.
Speaker 4: How I get down with y'all of them both, keep it real. I just mind my right.
Speaker 2: I stay out of the other folks ship. Right.
Speaker 1: So how do plug walk come about?
Speaker 2: Plug Walk? I was at I was at in the Scope studio. They had like well, they got like a studio in their building, and I was up there with my engineer, just me and him in.
Speaker 1: The studio and GI mean I be in the school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no. John Jennick was, Yeah, Larry Jackson, Ley Jackson, and he was but like we're going through beats. And then they played the plug Walk beat and I'm like, all right, next, I don't like this one.
Speaker 4: He like, nah, I like that beat. I'm like, man, you like that. He's like, yeah, come on, bro, I'm like, fuck it, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I did a song like twenty minutes, and then like a couple of days later, I just put a preview because it was like the new song I recorded. I was like, I put a preview on my Instagram, like in the studio playing it and all the fans was like dropping.
Speaker 4: So I told John Jannek, I'm like, yo, bro, I want to drop this song.
Speaker 2: Like it's going to be a hit. Like drop it.
Speaker 4: He like, he like, okay, we could do that, but you just drop New Freezer with Kendrick. We need to take a second.
Speaker 1: It was a huge hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, let's take it.
Speaker 1: But you knew.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was already viral.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's already gone, you know what I'm saying, Like, let's take a second to keep focusing on this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: No hash, But I'm like, bro, my fans are loving this. You drop the song right now.
Speaker 11: We need to.
Speaker 2: So I kind of like kind of argue with them, you know what I'm saying, right, I argue with them to drop the song. And the song went platinum, like I think, like twenty nine days. You feel what I'm saying. So I was like I told you all, yeah, I mean, yo, damn, how many bus you got over there?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You want to come back home? I mean for old time sake, this is.
Speaker 4: That's a switch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm always a so sweet. Yeah, no, my love in the nineties, I'm sorry. I never grew I grew up in a lot of other places. It's not my lungs.
Speaker 2: When I was smoking when I first got Jill, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, because you know what, you know what happened as a New York nigga? I used to smoke Dutches, Right, So I was in La one night. It's like two thirty in the morning. The club just closed, you know, La Club closed at two o'clock. I'll go to seven eleven. I owe the duchess the whole seven eleven turned around like you're from New York, right, I said, I'm never smoking a Dutch again in my life, like the whole because if you smoke a Dutch, they know you're from New York.
Speaker 1: You know that, right? My last time you smoke with Dutch thirteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably before then thirteen.
Speaker 5: So what's the place you've been to internationally that you was surprised that they were fan of yours?
Speaker 4: Oh, Romania, some shit like I don't even know, like Slovakia.
Speaker 1: Was it a one offer?
Speaker 2: Was it a festival? It was a festival. Yeah, some ship like that. It's dope, It's amazing. It's a blessing, right, But I feel like I'm at a tip of the iceberg. I'm just started, you know what I'm saying. I feel like to where I want to go, and I have a.
Speaker 4: Vision of exactly where I want to go and exactly what I want to do.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm just just getting started. You know what I'm saying, is that vision seeing international? Yeah? Internationally. I think I think a lot of artists here in the US they don't see the international properly.
Speaker 1: You know what I think.
Speaker 3: I think you've made so much success for yourself, Solf, that you're going to continue to be successful.
Speaker 1: But people don't compare you to you. Yeah, you understand what I'm trying to say, Like to the time, like you're going to go through what Kanye went through.
Speaker 3: Like because you like, like all of your beginning records are all hits, and all their records now are continuing to be hits. So then I can compare it to another artist, especially you so unique that they can't so they can compare you to you.
Speaker 1: How's it gonna feel to battle you?
Speaker 4: I don't know who's gonna win who in regards.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's dope, you know what I mean? Like, you know, I remember me coming out with super Dog.
Speaker 3: What what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 12: What? What?
Speaker 3: And then I dropping, oh no, and all they said was, well, oh no, ain't it's good but it ain't super Dog.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, it's not supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and I think you gotta make it the next one double because he's in maybe because I haven't drunk, but that.
Speaker 1: But that's what you're gonna battle is yourself.
Speaker 4: That's all. That's the only person should be battling.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you are correct, that's the only you should be battling. But there's a lot of people. It's not in a very unique situation. What I'm trying to say is you're in a very unique situation where you don't actually have to be in competition with anybody else.
Speaker 1: You got to be in.
Speaker 3: Competition with your old shit. But guess what, your old ship ain't most shit. So you're going to try to do that.
Speaker 1: How does that feel?
Speaker 2: It feels great?
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's a challenge, it's definitely a challenge, But you know, I could have worse problems.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I'm trying to make a better record than Carnival. It's possible. I'm doing it. You know what I'm saying. I got to keep going. I feel like one thing I learned from Ya is like always elevating your sound. Always want to elevate and elevate and take it to the next notch. So I feel like every time I do a record, I'm like thinking how to elevate it and take it to the next notch.
Speaker 4: Does that mean experimenting? Yeah, for sure a lot.
Speaker 2: Bro. I'm working on a crazy project right now, like crazy crazy project.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a fire pay soles on there.
Speaker 1: O Zoona j Valven Is it gleaning moretal Latino? You just.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's like a half English, half shot the album with.
Speaker 3: I gotta I remember I told you how to speak him about the sh Have a drink, man, I'm taking a.
Speaker 1: Shot for you, because what kind of what kind of project is this?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it hip hop meets Latino?
Speaker 2: Is it? It's gonna be like probably like fourteen songs, like ten songs, half English, me rapping in.
Speaker 3: Both and you go rap in Spanish. Yeah, I got some reference, missed the league on sound just to like yeah, and it.
Speaker 5: Makes sense with that international like vision, you like a whole.
Speaker 2: Song rapping Spanish because I don't know, like just a couple of words, but even just to collaborate ship that is outside the box, like you, you gotta trade these these audiences they think. They said that I was like the first one to do an album like that he was like the first one to do a song and that.
Speaker 1: That means he gotta be on the album. Let me I tell you. I'll tell you something about.
Speaker 3: Because I don't want to just give reggae throne. They even though I'm giving Throe, they props, but it's bigger than reggae throne.
Speaker 1: There's a certain type of energy that you do when you do music that's.
Speaker 3: Outside of hip hop, and then when the hip hop audience support that. But I can tell you like this, I was used to bloody money, I was used to bang bang. I was used to doing things like that. And when I started to do Spanish music, I could stay in the club the whole night, everybody with dance and I like nobody's gonna stab nobody.
Speaker 2: I mean it.
Speaker 1: I was so used to like bang bang stab somebody.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, I did a good show, Like I thought, I didn't do a good show that somebody.
Speaker 1: It wasn't going down. It was a stab stab. That's that crazy Miami.
Speaker 3: And by the way, it didn't go down a lot in down it there was a lot of immigration going on.
Speaker 4: Immigration that everybody.
Speaker 1: Down everybody had a green card.
Speaker 3: Oh they didn't have a green car like okay, hell yeah, you're gonna like that blunt at some point. Yes, yo, you have so many features, right, yeah, and that lets me know that you can get along with with with with a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people, right.
Speaker 3: Has there ever been a feature that you wanted that you you you didn't get, Like Nads told us that Prince fronted on him. Nads told us that he went to step the Prince and Prince said, you don't got your masks.
Speaker 1: So I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so damn I don't. Matter of fact, no, I don't think it's like somebody I didn't get. But like I was supposed to damn link with Cole in the studio like Jake Cole. Yeah, maybe like four or five months ago, and then it was like, oh yea, we're gonna get up tomorrow. I hit him. He hit me back just after the apology. Uh no, I was like before apology. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But we SUPs were supposed to get the studie and then he didn't. He hit me bad.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah tomorrow. I was all right, bothering.
Speaker 3: I'm all right, he's probably riding his bike, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But this ship is cool.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: It was just like he's front you. I was like, I'm still there, ready to happen like this.
Speaker 3: This is like there's a difference with somebody like front and all, maybe not having the time, but it's like someone outright saying no.
Speaker 1: No, one's never told you no, told me no. I don't think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I thought about this the other day and I saw her and I saw her with her husband, and it was cool. But it was never her who told me it. It was l A Reid who Sierra really Sierra told me no, yes, yeah, but not her. It was l A red So you don't know if it was her. Yeah, and you know La he had he had to put his lip bomb on with his finger, you know, he he did it like that.
Speaker 1: I like, I like, yo, ahead, bro understand, like my whole But he put it on pky finger. I didn't never seen that at that time, like the pinky finger.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, cool, it was crazy, it's crazy, all right, give this man the flowers, bro, come on, goddamn it. Our show is about giving people their flowers while they hear, while they're alive. We wanted to tell you how proud we are seen your whole career from the beginning.
Speaker 1: I got to see it, got to see you blossom. I got to see you become the man that you all go through, the struggles that you went through.
Speaker 3: Shar Now Sloop said is better than the Grammy because it comes for his own people. But we want you to know you deserve these flowers. You've been doing this since twenty thirteen, kicking ass. You've been knocking down fucking doors, kicking the gum under the fucking table, making sure that the Thames under your motherfucking shits ain't motherfucking neat.
Speaker 1: You've been doing what you're supposed to do, like he's supposed.
Speaker 3: To under the fire hydrant, Under the motherfucking fire hydrant, he was walled under the branch. No, I'm just silly and proud of you, man, because let me just tell you something. Let me just tell you something. The fact is right that you came out with me, right, I guess you know. You guys the same level, right boom, you know, the projects whatever whatever. But at one point he was almost considered the fourth mego, yeah, they're trying for the four migos.
Speaker 1: That's order work too.
Speaker 3: But but the fact is you broke off on your own and then you got to see your homemies be super super successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That turns most people into hay this yeah, where you're fucking unique, sir.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that you are different.
Speaker 3: Because most people will sit back and say, well, when's my turn, And you're not even enjoying Okay, you got of control yumbo for me, but you're not even you're not even enjoying your homemies, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like you gotta think about it. In baseball, when a person bashed before you, you actually have to root for them. You actually have to say I need this man on base for me.
Speaker 3: But most people don't play life like baseball. They paid life like handball. A solo artist you have been playing life like baseball, sir, and that's why baseball players is the most paid athletes in the world.
Speaker 1: I got I got on your body. You're gonna catch him on to tomorrow because that was that was some Nazi joby. I just dropped some good ships. Yes, yes, yes, hold on, I got mad notes.
Speaker 3: So you didn't go already get covered new freezing Manny Smith, he brought you out there.
Speaker 4: Deal, Manny Smith.
Speaker 2: That's the man I like.
Speaker 4: I like your face. Okay, Noah, for sure, Manny Smith. Bro it's crazy Many Smith.
Speaker 2: Like when I was when I was leaving QC, Manny Smith was the guy who helped me, like, let.
Speaker 1: Me get this correct. You called QC.
Speaker 3: QC said, hey, man, if you don't want to it was cool, but give me five hundred. Yeah, so that's what you called around and Manny Smith was the person that answered the call.
Speaker 1: Is take it from me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like when they asked me five hundred, I don't. I ain't. I don't think I had five thousands. So I'm like, damn, what the fuck I'm about to do to get this money?
Speaker 3: Let me let me small for one second? Did you think he was being unreasonable? Well you thought that was like, that's like what the cost was up to that this is this is totally up to you.
Speaker 2: No, I was. I was definitely like that's a lot of money, right, you know. So I was like, damn, I don't know how the hell I'm want to come up with the money. And I had I had a band for you. I don't sure, probably like twenty four you.
Speaker 1: Knew by yourself out He continue, Yes, sir, bro.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I was, I ain't know for real, but something I don't know how to explain something with my phone. I have a like a roller decks from my phone came from somebody else's phone, which I don't know who it is.
Speaker 1: We don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I had like every single label contact in my phone, like all types of people, numbers and crazy ship. So I went through all the labels in my phone. I started calling every single label Warner Atlantic, and then I called.
Speaker 4: In the Scope.
Speaker 2: It said in the Scope records Manny Smith. And I'm not knowing him from anywhere. I called him like, yo, bro, this is a rich the kid I'm trying to buy myself out a contract.
Speaker 4: He ain't even know him at all. I didn't know him at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, now I understand what you was, what you meant. You said you got the industry contact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have a I don't know how to do. It's hard, it's really crazy to explain it. I don't trying to explain. I don't know if I hooked my phone somebody's computer that.
Speaker 1: I really don't know how those contacts got in your phone.
Speaker 2: I have every DJ, every label.
Speaker 1: Especially back then.
Speaker 12: If I was to charge my phone on your talking about I don't know whose computer ship like they have Rihanna's number, fucking Miley Cyrus, like some crazy ship.
Speaker 4: You know, they had all types of crazy. So yeah, so I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So I went through all the contexts and I called I called in the Scope and said many Smith. I called him. I'm like, yo, bro, I got a mixtape. I got a project ready to go right now. I'm just trying to drop it. I was signed to q C, and q C has a deal with three hundred, so I got to pay both for them to get out. So that five hundred it was more than I heard you saying that it was three.
Speaker 4: It was eight hundred.
Speaker 1: But you have to get three hundred, three hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is fucked up. Yeah yeah. I just thought it was I had to get paid too, because I was fucked up too, you know, so cool.
Speaker 1: This is how I'm thinking for the outside looking at it.
Speaker 3: Inside looking out, I'm thinking, you just had to pay that five hundred and everything goes away.
Speaker 2: So you had to.
Speaker 1: You had to.
Speaker 3: And then keV and my people at three hundred, they said they wanted to get pieced off too.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's business man, It's nothing. It is no for sure, it's business bro.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Whatever they felt like was substantial enough for them eight grand, eight hundred thousand, and then I had to get paid too. So when I weigh yourself, I went to I went to Interscope, and I've never seen Manny Smith before, so it's crazy. I walked into the office. I'm playing music for who I thought was Manny Smith.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. It was it was mister.
Speaker 2: I like it, man I like it.
Speaker 12: This is.
Speaker 2: Push her off. He was working there on in the score at the time. So I'm like, yo, I played the album. I just played, I just played the whole project for it was like, yeah, this ship smoking and then walks in Mannie Smith. You're like, hey, what's up, Rich, I'm like, hold on, So which one of y'alls?
Speaker 1: Many?
Speaker 2: And after the business has been done? No, this is before I got the deal. Okay, Like the first time I met him type ship. So yeah, I played the play the project for him again, play play two times now and they're like, t ship is fire, Let's do it. And I was like, I was like, what do you mean, let's let's just let's do it.
Speaker 4: You can't even believe that they was willing to do it. Yeah, that was like, let's do it. First, I just told him it was five hundred because I I thought it was five hundred.
Speaker 2: So then when I went down the line started figuring out all the contracts, you know, all the paperwork and shit, They're like, oh yeah, it's a hundred thousands, you know what I'm saying. And then I'm like, shit, bro, I have no place to stay right now. I'm in the fucking apartment you know. Yeah, Because like when I first came to LA I pulled up to the first apartment complex and knows Hollywood, and I told him I need an apartment right now. I have four thousand dollars. You know what I'm saying. I got my kids with me. You know what I'm saying, I'm trying to do the apartment. Yeah, type shit. I just came to LA, So I'm like, fuck it. I'm telling him, like, bro, I just moved here. I really don't have you know what I'm saying, The resources do it. Yeah, I told my own the resources do everything. So he like, I bet, I'm gonna get you a house in the hills. You can record there. That's your place, put a studio in it, whatever. You know what I'm saying, I'm gonna sign you. And then like a couple of weeks later, I'm recording. I'm recording. I did a new freezer and I played it for him and he's like, yo, bro. He's like, yo, Bro, I want you to meet Kendrick. No, no, top stop get like that. Kendrick is not lit at this time. Kendrick is coming up.
Speaker 4: No, definitely Kendrick. And again I saw some in.
Speaker 5: TD somehow was connected in the situation where.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard you almost signed the TD at one point, Yeah, I got chills coming out humps was.
Speaker 2: Like at the time, I think like I was here in top It was like a team type of thing because many Smith was working with Top. It was tied in and then I played the New Freezer. He's like, yo, bro, Kendrick wants to meet you. I told him I was signing you and ship. He wants to meet you. I'm recording at the studio. I'll keep recording every day saying that to you. Yeah, he like, Kendrick wants to meet you. He recording in the room next door. I'm like, Kendrick is right next door in the room. He's like, yeah, he about to come in here. I'm like, oh shit, I'm like all right, man. So I played them two songs. I played them one song and then the second song I played him was New Freezer. So when I'm playing New Freezer for him, he like this the one he like this the one.
Speaker 1: I was like, that is the one.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was like, yo.
Speaker 2: But at the time, there was a verse from Asap fer on New Freezer. Because when I record a New Freezer, I was at Quad Studios in New York. It was first it was a fird session, so Ferg had left out. I think he was doing some shit with Buster in the other room.
Speaker 1: That said.
Speaker 2: He was doing some shit with Buster, and then I didn't new freezing. I think I recorded like fifteen minutes and then he put a verse on it. So I played it for Kendrick. He was like, all right, cool, I get on it, but it just got to be me and you on the song type shit. I was like, damn, you know what I'm saying, we gotta go, you know, conversation Yeah, a good dude. No, definitely a good dude. So yeah, he definitely understood, and he was like, yeah, bro, deal ship. You know what I'm saying. Definitely go and drop the ship. So I dropped Kendrick and it was like.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told the girl.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 4: That was three months later after I had brought my way out my deal ship.
Speaker 3: And because you know, as you I just want to say this to the artists. Most execs thinks they're smarter than us. So when you ask the exit, they're actually laughing at us just being out, they're actually laughing at us because they're gonna say he'll be back or help. So the fact is what you did is it's phenomenal. You know, you did it honorable. I didn't see no fuck QC campaign. I didn't see no, you know, fuck three hundred campaign, just like I just want.
Speaker 1: To move on and do my ship. And you did it.
Speaker 2: You did it.
Speaker 1: That ship is that ship is ill.
Speaker 3: And that's the reason why I think that they like they're not bothering you, like they're not like trying to like sabotage you a black boy youth because you know, you.
Speaker 4: Did good business. But I got a question that paying for so you you made that move.
Speaker 5: Do you do you ever feel because you were honest with Interscope about your situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was honest with Manny Smith.
Speaker 3: That wasn't he didn't represent any school he did, So you're being honest.
Speaker 5: So you know, you're kind of showing your vulnerability to the label. You know, when you got these this contract from them, you went through it thoroughly. I'm assuming you want to make sure that they're not saying, oh, he needs this, so we try to sneak this and sneak in this.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I fulfill the contract.
Speaker 4: But I mean I thought myself for like.
Speaker 2: Like kind of getting into it with them, for like, like I said, like feeling like I wasn't treated like their biggest artists or something like that. So I kind of like really got into it with them, like oh, getting pissed off because you got to think about it. I'm not knowing I'm not knowing shit about no label business. I'm coming straight off the streets. I'm just no Listen, this is my music. I feel passionate about this, and I'm willing to go whatever the risk is for this, you know what I'm saying. So I kind of got into it with them and I had to leave In the scope, They're like, Okay, you can't be on Interscope anymore type ship because.
Speaker 1: That would have been your first official rollout on a mad Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, I dropped the I dropped the album with them and with Number two and share on bill Boys. But after that, after that, like I was getting into it with them because I feel like just some things wasn't you know what I'm saying, How I wanted to you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I got into it and they let me go to the Republic.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about in the Scope, it seems like they either fully got your back or not at all?
Speaker 1: Right, Like I mean, did that feel like that for you?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: I just I feel like it is what it is at this point, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like they did with the Yeah, well I needed the ship was insane, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like bro, I do. Like I said, I fought myself for not knowing how to be a businessman. Just a young nigga coming in like a young nigga. I want some young nigga shit like nigga. I want my ship on the fucking web caviar right now, That's not exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I want number one on motherfucking this.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's like.
Speaker 2: Like they work, how they work.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting what you're saying. As you said, radio is it? They don't make money off for radio, no more said. And you know, for me, that's how we started our campaign. We went to master Flex drop a bomb, uh the Flex a cosmic capital here about it in Philadelphia Cosmic kevi do it crack here.
Speaker 2: That's how I started off a lot of my artists too, Like I knowing independently I'm gonna spend money on radio and turn them up, you know what I'm saying. Then they're like, who the fuck is this? Kid going crazy, you know what I'm saying. So then they had to come back to me like Okay, oh now they know what he's doing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But then how do you how do you transition that if you start your new artist or say like Jake Cret Chris, how do you do that if you started off from radio but your generation people that y'all controlled is Spotify, Apple, Like.
Speaker 2: With Jake Chris, like bro it was just organically, Yeah, he from Brooklyn organically just dropping video as a video us dropping mixtapes together, back to back to back. So his come up was just really organic, you know what I'm saying. So it was really easy, like on the come up for him. And then I was signed to Interscope and then I was like, yo, sign him to Terscope, like we it's a team type of thing. So I was like I went on that end, right, So.
Speaker 1: We talked about Jay. Now I want to talk about what's my man next? Decks? Famous decks?
Speaker 3: Right, me being the elder statesman in this game, And I don't want to say that, but I'll say it for lack of a better term, successful elder statesmen. You know what I'm saying, not somebody that you know that had a success, And then I'm sitting around you.
Speaker 1: Know what I did back then? No, I'm still making history now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm still doing it. And I was I would be scared to reach out to the young generation, right me. This is me personally, just not you know, me talking about any anything else. That's why I said, but I see you. It's like a pleasure the light when I see young motherfuckers that know what time it is, and it's like, all right cool. One of the very first times I wanted to reach out and just kind of like offer a hug to somebody was when I seen Famous Decks and I believe it might have been on No Jump or I'm not sure, and it just didn't look right mhm. And I know I'm drinking alcohol, and I'm drinking alcohol. I have a show based on alcohol, So it's like, how the fuck is this nigga? Gonna critique this nigga? But I'm not critiquing him from an alcohol standpoint. I'm critiquing him from an oldest statesman of hip hop. And it's like, Yo, I've been through this ship.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wanted to sit down with him. I never got a chance to. But when you've seen that, I'm sure you've seen the same interview that I saw. And this is your man, I know, I know you call him your brother. Actually what was the phone calls like when people saw that?
Speaker 2: And man, I don't I really don't know exactly which interview you're talking about in particular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know there was like, yeah, I fell asleep in the interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, like when he was started spiraling, I had to hit him up as a brother and call him like, Yo, we gotta get this together. You know what I'm saying. I took him to rehab a couple of times, you know what I'm saying. He went to jail after that. You know, it's just like he came home a Christian, Yes, just you know, struggling with an addiction is hard, bro, Like you know what I'm saying, And as a brother, I just got to be there to support him, you know, every way I can, you know what I'm saying, Like, however you want to get there. I took him, I drove to rehabs, I took him on the jets rehabs. However, you want to get there, I'm gonna take you there to get help.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna be here to help you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But you know, like you gotta really want help for yourself, you know what I'm saying. That's why I tell him every time, like, bro, you have to want this for yourself. You know, It's just it's hard, bro. You know it's usually you got to hit rock bottom to But you know, I'm here for him always. I'm always here from him. That's my brother.
Speaker 1: Like I said, you know, let me let me change it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I love doing this show. There's two things. I like.
Speaker 3: Understanding people's drink order whenever I say, like what they drinking? I love that ship, right, And then I love the funk with your fans. So I went on Twitter. I was like, yeah, we gotta rich the kid and your fans are crazy. Do you realize how crazy is your fans? Like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no no, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Like, I mean you have a cult following, like and I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Cope, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing. Not Marilynd Madison.
Speaker 4: That's a positive thing.
Speaker 1: It's a positive thing. Like like I said that show my bad I said that ship and they was.
Speaker 3: I mean, they hit me with so much questions and so much crazy ship and they was.
Speaker 1: You know, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have fans being fans be fans.
Speaker 3: Last time I seen this was when we had Little Wayne on the show. The only difference between your fans a little Wayne fans. Your fans is way more aggressive Wayne little way fans is nice. They're like, so when are we going to drop your fans? Like where's that ship dropping?
Speaker 4: Like shit?
Speaker 3: So so do you understand your fan base? Yeah, for sure, because I didn't understand it.
Speaker 2: Was just like fans, my fans just like you gotta just keep feeding them like NonStop, gotta keep going, keep going, keep dropping. And because you got to think about like music is changing. You know what I'm saying. Hip hop is changing, the way that people consume music is changing. It's just like there's people coming out every day, what I'm saying. So it's like music every hour, every hour, damn, you know what I'm saying. So you just got to really adapt to this ship, like so adapted to my fans changing, my fans getting older. Everybody get older.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So I'm just getting used to that ship keep dropping, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It just like right now, I'm just elevating the sound, like I said before, like elevation in the town.
Speaker 4: So I'm I'm excited. I'm super excited for.
Speaker 2: What was to come.
Speaker 1: And the luxury of having a cult following is that they'll change with you.
Speaker 3: And being an artist CEO that that works for you because you're doing it right now. You're doing a perfect balance of being an artist and taking care of your artist.
Speaker 1: That is fucking hard to do, for sure. I believe Rick Ross was successful in doing that, and I don't believe it. There's a lot of others.
Speaker 4: I think Fat Joe Jay, Oh Jay, I got about yeah.
Speaker 3: Fifty right, yes, look look at us. I don't think we at four. I think we at four. Who threw a rock Da Burkin bird man Man became he was a CEO talking strictly like, yeah, yeah, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About artist, artist, artist, artists.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good music, yeah yeah yeah. But Kanye had the luxury of being a producer artist, so yeah, yo got you got, Yo got definitely.
Speaker 1: Every time I see Yo Gotti to change.
Speaker 3: Did you ever think like when you first started rapping? Yeah, and the level you're at now, like like one of the that's one of the best things.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: We spoke about it earlier. Is not only you being in the rap game, you could be in the rap game. There's a lot of people in the rap game. You're being respected in the rap game. Yeah, Like I was so happy going through your and I'm just like, Yo, this one got hit. But two they respect him and and that is a big thing, and it did Did you ever you ever noticed that?
Speaker 2: Man? I just try to stay in my lane and just be me. You know what I'm saying, Do me and continue to do that. You know, people look at other people on the ground or look at other people's career and other says, and they might start spiraling and doing whatever they do. You know what I'm saying. I just am good at doing me and only that. That's that's all I ever do.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful thing, man. It's because to give respect is one thing. To get it back there's a whole another. And I can tell people go in a session with you and ask your opinion, what do you think about this? I can tell because all the records that you on, whether it's what artists or not, your influences throughout the whole record. So I'm not trying to say your ghost writing nigga shit, maybe I am.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But what I'm trying to say is, I know you're constructing these records. I know people are coming to you and saying, what do you think I just should do on this thing? So do you feel like you're a producer producer?
Speaker 2: Couldn't say Champagne, I could say a producer you put if you're putting records together that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I ain't gonna I want you to produce the record for me. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, what if from what you've been dealing with and working with in your career right now, where do you think you might have messed up?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What what things do you regret in this journey.
Speaker 2: Arguing with the labels? You know what I'm saying, getting into it with them because Dave Dave some folks when don't folks don't play? Yeah, biggest regret, that's one of my bist regression. Yeah, for sure, arguing with them getting into what Okay, you just getting black ball for real?
Speaker 4: That ship is not a joke. Is not a joke.
Speaker 2: It is not joke. It's is not a game.
Speaker 4: When you're coming, they spend money to bring your name down.
Speaker 1: Money what what what?
Speaker 3: What's your first moment that you were just going through? Was it at in the school?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so tell's what happened.
Speaker 5: He didn't feel he was getting the same level of attention. Is the is the.
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry for this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, no problem, my bad, y'all. I was tripping. I was I don't know what I was sipping that day. You said it to them, but yeah, yeah, I don't want no problem with nothing. But like, yeah, I was tripping whatever. I got on Twitter and I posted one of their numbers, like yo, tell yo, tell them stop playing with me and drop my song. They better, they better do this. I was swallowing, you know what I'm saying, and I started bro I was tripping. I was on the drink. I was sipping lean and you know what I'm saying. I had a bad lean problem. But you know what I'm saying. And I was wild enough, but I was upset. I was years.
Speaker 1: I feel like, this is my music terrible. Yeah I get it, I get it, but it's not terrible. It's not terrible.
Speaker 2: They could change their number. Yeah, you don't want to see you. All the label want to see you.
Speaker 4: Bro, This is not a game.
Speaker 1: You don't want to change something.
Speaker 4: Sure, And and it's like bro, like I said, I was just young and stupid, just fresh off I'm damn near fresh off the porch. I'm not signed.
Speaker 2: I've never been signed to no label. I'm I'm not playing by my music. I stood in front of the clubs, hand out these CDs. I went to every club. I went to one club, to another club, to another club, rode on the train. I ain't have no money to get.
Speaker 4: Home after that.
Speaker 2: So and then I'm just signing to you, putting my music in your hands. And then you're telling me I can't do this, I can't do that, this has to be Then this, I'm like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: What is you?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, But that's business. The day, that's business. You sign a contract and we know that business. You feel I'm saying, you sign a contract in.
Speaker 5: This says, but you know what, it's not really fair business if you think about if the if the opposite person in that business transaction doesn't know the business. Now do you think do you think that because in our in the nineties there was there was artist development.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't sign and just go out to the public.
Speaker 5: They would put you through a process like a boot camp to understand stuff.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's needed?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 4: Nowadays, that's bro. They signed so many people off of whatever. I don't know. That's I don't even sink that's possible.
Speaker 5: No, it's not possible, but no, no, but it is possible because because the artist, because.
Speaker 1: Of the artist stuff is in real time, we can't do that. But hit me out.
Speaker 3: That's like you signed his artist and him not telling him to listen. You know, most people respect when you don't rhy on for the vocals. That's kind of artist.
Speaker 1: Development right there. True him just saying that, you're just saying to famous decks. Yo.
Speaker 2: It's different too, because like I've never used the writer ever, you know what I'm saying, So artists development, they could be like okay, now using right, and now you're doing the development.
Speaker 1: Artist development is showing you how to speak to readio. You're thinking about label side, there's management artists development. Management tells you about the artist development.
Speaker 3: That's a different part. Okay, that's the part you look and I.
Speaker 5: Don't think anybody's going to really kind of get this, But remember, ultimately, when you signed a record label, that's a loan, that's a that's a bank loan.
Speaker 2: You know that they don't understand that. They don't understand that. They just know at the end of this check, at the end of this contract is a check. My lawyer whatever he said, it's cool. I know I'm about to get this money tomorrow.
Speaker 5: In the context of that, In the context of that, you know that they that back in the days when they was given credit cards to sixteen year old kids from that age on, they called the predatory lending and it became a big lawsuit and they called and then they suit all the banks. That's what the labels are doing when they signed these young artists. It's predatory lending.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 5: They might be a little older than sixteen, but they don't have their financial education yet. So you you you you really taking advantage of that.
Speaker 1: Artist jeez, Louise, Papa Chee. We got deep. Now you bringing out of other now okay, now, so let's talk about the NBA project. You and young boy. You got to go to Utah. No, not Utah, You went to Louisiana. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was rush. Yeah. A couple of days like we gotter you first got out, Damn went over there were cooking up crawfish, cruish.
Speaker 1: He's just stereotypes with croffish. No.
Speaker 4: No, we was mac and cheese, oxtail, gumbo like that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We're just cooking up man, just like working back to back, you know what I'm saying, Like it's when he first got out, just keeping him in a good mindset and.
Speaker 1: He's not messing with nobody. How did and this is before he on house arrests, right oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, Like when he was locked up, Like we was chopping up on the phone and one day he one day I called him and he was like, I mean he called me. He was like, Yo, I'm like, what the hell you? What the hell you on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: How you feeling in there? He's like, man, I just can't get way to get out. And so we could drop this out. I'm like, what me trying to jump out? Now they do it. So then he got out, like maybe like three weeks after. I was like, all right, Ben, I'm gonna push up on you. Damn. We started cooking up. I think we just like we just like six songs together, yeah, together like two days. Yeah, and get stragger.
Speaker 1: Your six songs caps two days Louisiana.
Speaker 2: We did like six songs in like two days, and then like just kept working, kept working, kept working. And then at that time I was independent, and I think I had a call with Nima Empire. I'm like, yo, Bro, I got a project that I'm working on right now with y B what I'm saying, And we put it together something for that project, and then we put it out independently.
Speaker 1: Empire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Empire, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pick up to TEENA Davis guy. Yeah, shot guys people, they got a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So man, it's just like the chemistry with me and Bro was just like we.
Speaker 3: Just if Jesus Christ believe in Jesus. Yes, she got weird, got weird just now my bad. But if Jesus come down, it says, listen, I need you to do one record. You get one feature and you get one person to do the beat to save humanity one record, you get one feature and one beat.
Speaker 1: Who is the feature gonna be? And who's gonna do the beat?
Speaker 4: Bro, If Jesus came down himself and he had.
Speaker 3: On Kodak black slippers, get the same slippers, Kodak black at.
Speaker 4: All, I got some.
Speaker 2: I gotta take a shot for that one, Jesus, man, I mean he's just himself. Yeah, I gotta take a shot.
Speaker 1: Take a shot.
Speaker 2: You don't even this is not even, But I'm inna take a shot for that one.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take a shot. But I think you can. I think you can handle this.
Speaker 2: Jesus andself came down.
Speaker 1: Jesus said, yes, you all right. Let me rephrase the question. How about this? We're still taking a shot, though, what's the one producer?
Speaker 4: Tell him? Tell them to him.
Speaker 3: If Jesus came down and to save humanity, what would be the one producer and the one artist that he would work with?
Speaker 1: He took a He took a shot for it. So I'm gonna take a shot. He took a shot. I say, I'm not answering the way if you've never heard of that, no one ever took a shot.
Speaker 3: We took a shop for Jesus. So okay, let me rephrase the question. What's the one producer right now that you never work with that you will want to work for?
Speaker 2: Hmmm? One producer? Damn. I would have to say, I'm just said, that's crazy. I would have to say, for real, I.
Speaker 1: Knew he's gonna say, don't. I can see this session happens so much.
Speaker 5: Like you know what I'm saying, Like I can see bringing a side out of you that you don't even like, ye brother, mm hmm, you just don't take it, man.
Speaker 1: If somebody give me another light up Jesus. Okay, now all right, we've got to produce your handles.
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you, what's the one feature if you can have one feature?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dan or live?
Speaker 1: How about that? Damn one feature?
Speaker 2: One feature for a song? Well, what's the song? Is a song for for yourself? For myself or yourself success? No, no, for yourself it's yeah, it isn't just for yourself and myself? Damn. Mm hmmm. I would I have to say, tupa.
Speaker 1: Touch your easy answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so too bad. Uh, You're gonna like Swisch at some point. Swisher one of the last time you smoking sits thirteen.
Speaker 2: Probably damn you don't like you take it home as a put it in the in the flowers and show three one time wear shirts sweet follow what flavor like? Uh?
Speaker 1: Grape? No original? No great mother they got great show Great. When you're moking the great, that's when you super hood, That's when you super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's what I got.
Speaker 1: The got your boys give me my Philly blunts, Yeah I got.
Speaker 3: I'm started from Philly Us. So we talked about the the NBA project, and I know we.
Speaker 4: Like her smoking ship, we like.
Speaker 3: Some We likely talked about the Wayne project, but I would like to reiterate, like, was you involved when the little Waine parts that come out off tomorrow?
Speaker 1: The photo shoot?
Speaker 3: Was it everything he was involved in or was this something that you guys just recorded.
Speaker 1: And let the label just take over afterwards?
Speaker 2: What was doing every video shoots everything? Like for the first single, like, I picked the director that I wanted to shoot the video and ship, and Wayne was fucking when he was like, yeah, let's do it. That's how we feeling like tunci right, yeah, feeling like to shut out to Wayne Man, You're good dude, we go bro.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it being bro like, hey, he's skinny too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're scarny too, Like if I here, Bro, anytime you pick up show me love b anytime, Bro, any anything you like up till wh I was looking up to, Like I said before, like since and jit so like Bro, I appreciate that man for supporting me throughout my career. You know what I'm saying, doing an album with me and for someone that you looked up to. From what it sounds like, he didn't let you down from that person he was looking. Yeah, yeah, sometimes Somer, you don't want to meet you. You look, it's bro him he one day one who smoked more weed? You Wayne smoke? Wayne? For sure?
Speaker 4: You got them.
Speaker 2: You got them pre roll, pre roll.
Speaker 1: I see.
Speaker 4: On my side you ain't shouting shutting.
Speaker 1: It. They still they're still roll.
Speaker 3: I got a stash that I came with to this is you know this because I came with I had You know you've been in Europe, you know you know your.
Speaker 2: Patch hash ship were having that ship. Yeah, Man, on a fucking on the day where I'm like, fucking, I'm just tell me me hear that?
Speaker 4: But all the time type ship we're having that ship.
Speaker 1: M hm, I'm having so much fun.
Speaker 3: Hello, we're shampa do we We're going to take another shot just because it just like we're.
Speaker 1: Celebrating you and the album that just came out, Life, Gamble. Come on, let's talk about the new album.
Speaker 4: We had Gamble streaming right now. Life Again about the let's talk about the new.
Speaker 3: This is this is your first official official independent album.
Speaker 2: Nothing before this was r c A. Before this, yeah, before this was r c A. Like before I signed the r c A. Shout to Mark Pitts. Yeah, yeah, signed r ship legend man, Yeah for sure, big homie. I was with Damn for a little bit and then it was just like it was going to release me. I was like, all right, cool, you know what I'm saying, It's all love. And then like then, like three months later, I dropped Carnival number one on the Billboard. I'm independent. It's a blessing, you know what I'm saying. So, thank you God. So I was happy to drop an independent number one, Yeah, because the residuals are different from being signed to a label.
Speaker 4: An independent and number one.
Speaker 5: So and with these you don't got to answer this, but if you do whatever, these deals you did before? Were they three sixty deals?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no no no. I feel like you get to a certain point you have to demand exactly what you want. Like so the deal the last time with them was like you know what I'm saying, we know exactly what we're going into, but it just didn't work out.
Speaker 4: So you know what I'm saying, just moved on. Okay, Now what is the dollar stile stand for?
Speaker 1: Right there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Money?
Speaker 2: Duh?
Speaker 1: I gotta as.
Speaker 3: Recently, I believe he was on the red carpet and somebody asked you something. I believe it was from the now jumper.
Speaker 4: They were on the red carpet.
Speaker 2: No jumper.
Speaker 1: They was on the record.
Speaker 4: You were on a red carpet, right, but they were asking the questions right, And then what happened? Then he's something other dude from those jumper?
Speaker 2: Yeah what hell? Man? I have no idea. Man, really, I think he was like, well, I've seen the clip on the Trump people was like, yo, bro, these kids rich the kid he has no no but was cool in first to face it was yeah, yeah, he didn't say nothing to me face. It looks like the the interview was amazing. You know, it's great looks like he had a good time. And then I seen the review when he was like, you know what I'm saying, like the recap, his recap my interview was like, Yo, this guy has no character. These rappers have no character. They're just off, you know what I'm saying. Diamonds and jewelry, no character. So I was like, Okay, bro, you don't obviously you don't know me. You know what I'm saying. You had an interview for less than thirty five seconds, because.
Speaker 1: It's interaction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, man, yes, rich kid, maybe maybe like sixty second and we were just asking two questions and I go on to the next person. It's thirty people on the carpet, you know what I'm saying, So pay with more than thirty people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're probably like fifty people on the carpet, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like, your interaction with me is really short for you to get up on there, and you know what I'm saying, you should have been like damn Rischk the kid. I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't get no even that.
Speaker 2: It's like even then, it's like, Bro, I watched with the kid obviously seeing me on the ground, like, oh, he just had number one shout out to him, Like just like Eli H. Wilson got on on on I think it was like Twitter, He's like, oh, Risky Kid was lucky for getting on the Carnival song. It's like, all right, It's like it'd be dope for y'all to be like, oh, Risky Kid is always working, the Risky Kid is always doing shit. I don't fuck with nobody. I ain't on there talking about y'all folk. I'm not talking about nobody. I'm just doing what I do, making music, taking care of my family. You know what I'm saying, traveling, doing shows, and you know what I'm saying, taking care of my family. That that's that's what matters to me, you know what I'm saying. So I hate for a motherfucker to get on and they be like, damn this niggas he's not working hard.
Speaker 11: He's not.
Speaker 2: I don't understand, you know what I'm saying. I don't, But it's all love. Like I said, it's all love to y'all. If you don't like me, if you like me, your opinion, it's your opinion. And still talking, continue right, I'm still continue to getting paid because I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Keep doing me right.
Speaker 2: That's probody for your family exactly. And that's about it, you know what I'm saying. So God bless everybody. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Amen, And if I can give you a little advice you don't need you probably don't need no advice, but I'll give you a little advice.
Speaker 2: Of course, I always think about it.
Speaker 1: All you're gonna do is stay in your lane. Yeah for sure, there's no traffic there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just stay exactly who you are, Stay exactly who you're supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Stay exactly.
Speaker 3: You don't have to go to this person lane to help them or express how much gratitude you have over there.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go to that lane.
Speaker 3: As long as you stay in your lane, there ain't gonna be no traffic there. Continue to do you, bro, you know what I'm saying. And but by the way, you can hear this ship, but don't pay attention to it, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like I purposely go on Instagram, I just look at the ship. They say it's dope about me. Fuck the bad ship. Block them niggas.
Speaker 5: You know ied that that's the one thing that came out of one of the first interviews. He said, I blocked the ship out of anybody that and I'm like, damn, this gang's as motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Said block block block block. Don't need to argue bad, just.
Speaker 4: Get out of here.
Speaker 1: And I don't like these two people that you know, we just brung up.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that in life, period, it's just like you have to you have to stay focused. But always remember what they say about horse racist. They say that they take a horse racist so they can only see what's in.
Speaker 1: The see the goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that's where I'm at right now. I feel like I have a ton of visions to exactly where I want to go stay there. You know what I'm saying, Exactly where I see myself in the next five years.
Speaker 4: And it's like I said, sometimes I be on the plane.
Speaker 2: I'll be on the jet. I make a list of my goals and this is where I want to be and this is what I want to do, and I'm checking them off the list. That's all I'm doing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And you're building your legacy in God first and the only people that matters your family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you something what you're doing and uh baton, yeah, that you picked up. You know what's the relay? Racis tar the baton that you picked up. It's a baton that I passed from back then. But the fact that you got it, I have to make sure you carry it.
Speaker 1: I have to. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, because you deserve it. You're a hit maker. You're doing what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: But you have to.
Speaker 3: It's like another couple of mile race and you have to hold that motherfucker and you got a motherfucking you gotta make these motherfuckers mad that they know that you're holding its cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't give a fuckue No.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm saying that with a little bit of arrogance, and I'm not an arrogant person.
Speaker 1: I'm a humble person. But I'm saying this with all honesty.
Speaker 3: Is because when it's your time and you in that spotlight, man, take full control and continue to dominate that ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, you know it's this Kareem abdu Jabal didn't want to pass once you got in the motherfucking paint. Right now, you're in the paint fast. You know what I'm saying, So continue to do that shit, smash that ship. Keep your crew around you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Uh Ah. There's two billionaires and I'll give you one.
Speaker 3: That always say to me, every other every other successful person say to me, you have too many people around you. But there was a billionaire that said, to me, what makes you unique is keeping your crew around you.
Speaker 1: And that's jay Z. And he continues to say that.
Speaker 3: Every time jay Z sees me, He's like, I admire the fact that you have the same crew around and that's a key to success. It's trying to keep the people that's was what you when you was grinding, with you, when you shining, and then what you afterwards. Because I don't know if you've ever seen an episode of Entourage or episode of Entourage, the actual person in Arge that became the richest person was the intern. So I admire you. I want to tell you continue to do your thing. I want to congratulate your new album. I want to tell everybody to go out there, motherfucking get that motherfucking album.
Speaker 1: My kids came out looking. I got three of my kids that came out for you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They don't come out with nobody, but I want to, like, I want to say to you, reiterate to you how proud I am and you man and keeping your crew, having your crew with you, continue to do that ship and continue not to listen to the fucking Yeah you man, yeah, do you man, And stay in your fucking lane.
Speaker 2: Bro, Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Man, there's anything else you want to stay before you get up out of here.
Speaker 2: Don't get that fucking album.
Speaker 1: Goddamn hell, let's do the drops first.
Speaker 5: Let me Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, dj e FN and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e FN on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 11: Hazardy Sounds Rising the Machines Cast Your Mentals Volume one available now on all platforms.
Speaker 2: Download today.
Speaker 11: Rise of the Machines Song Contest seeking out all artists that want to take their career to the next level. Go ahead and join today by downloading the album, picking out your favorite beat, and making a song versu or hook to it submitted to Hazardous Sounds at gmail dot com and you will be judged by celebrity judges DJ e F and Drink Champs owned Sbkiller Plantnum producer and Scram Jones multi Plannum producer as well. You can also summit via ig by recording the video and performing the song. Simply tag Rise of the Machines Song Contest and we will repost your video as well. Winners will be announced September seventh. Join today and may the best artists win
Speaker 2: The Gods