Speaker 1: Politicians getting murdered, parades going on in the nation's capital, protests going on all across the country. And meanwhile there's still an NBA Finals going on, and Ice Q with his basketball league ain't going anywhere either.
Speaker 2: The Stephen A. Smith Show in the House lots to discuss. Let's go what's up, everybody. Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show, Coming at you as I love to do it the very least three times a week over the digital airwas of YouTube and of course iHeartRadio. I'm on the road, coming at you from Oklahoma City, where I'm covering the NBA Finals Game five tonight between Oklahoma City Thundery and the Indian and the Patriots. So I hope that you like my confines for this particular edition of the show. As always, I like to take a moment to thank my followers and subscribers the millions of downloads we received over iHeartRadio, along with the one point twenty four million subscribers that we've eclipsed over the digital airways and YouTube. Can't thank y'all for the love and support enough. Keep it coming and I'm gonna keep on coming to continue.
Speaker 2: To like and follow the show. Just click the bell and get notified for all of.
Speaker 1: Our newest content, and you too shall consider yourself the latest member of the Steven A. Smith's your family. And while you're doing that, please make sure to pick up a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of Second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to straight shoot book dot com to get yourself a copy. Once again, that straight Shoo to book dot com to get yourself a copy.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of stuff to get.
Speaker 1: Into, and of course I'm gonna get to the NBA Finals a little bit later on and tell you who's gonna win Game five tonight, because this series is unfolding and it's turning out to be a doozy, make no mistake about that. But there's more serious issues to get into before I get into any of that.
Speaker 2: So let's get started in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Where there were two shootings, both of which appeared to have been politically motivated by a man arrested late last night. Officials said the gunman, posing as a police offer fatally shot State Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband's Saturday at their home.
Speaker 2: That shooting came.
Speaker 1: After he wounded State Senator John Hoffman and his wife at their home. After the first attack, police said they proactively checked on Representative Hortman's home, where they found a shooter posing as an.
Speaker 2: Officer before he fled.
Speaker 1: The suspect, Vance Bolter is his name, was arrested Sunday after what a local police chief called the.
Speaker 2: Largest man hunt in state's history.
Speaker 1: Bolter is charged with two counts each of second degree murder and second degree attempted murder, which are likely to be upgraded at first degree. Boltter is also being charged in federal court with one count of stalking Representative Hortman, one count of stalking Senator Hoffman, two counts of murder through use of a firearm punishable up to death by the way, and two counts of firearms offenses for the shootings of the Hoffman's The shootings happened Saturday, in what turned out to be a tense day in national politics. Thousands of people across the country participated in No King's protest against the Trump administration. All this while the president himself hosted a military parade celebrating two hundred and fifty years of the Army in Washington, d C. Couple of things to get out of the way. Number One, my condolences are to love the ones of the Hortman's. Obviously, that as a tragedy and unspeakable tragedy, something none of us should condone. We should cheer, we should celebrate in any way. It's heinous as it comes. As far as I'm concerned, if this is indeed the assailant, the one who committed this crime, mister Boltter, I have no problem with him receiving the death penalty whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Let's get that out of the way first.
Speaker 1: I'm a believer in that under special circumstances, this is one of them, he should be put to death. As far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with that. That's number one.
Speaker 2: Number Two, obviously to the Hoffman's.
Speaker 1: I hope that they end up recovering and they'll be well, as they'll end up well and they'll recuperate as well. So my heart goes out to them and what they've had to endure and experience, and the violence and the rhetoric.
Speaker 2: This is not isolated along party lines.
Speaker 1: Both sides of the political eye has engaged in rhetoric I'm not gonna say stirring or inciting violence, but certainly the rhetoric has been harsh. And this is what I try to tell people in America all the time and beyond when we're talking.
Speaker 2: About these issues.
Speaker 1: I cover sports for a living as my day job. Ladies and gentlemen, people get passionate about sports. If people get passionate about a game where folks win and folks lose, even when they're not gambling on it, they're not losing money on it, They're just emotionally invested in their particular team and the outcome. What do you think they feel about the economy if it detrimentally affects them.
Speaker 2: What do you think they're thinking.
Speaker 1: About representatives when it involves immigration, when it involves healthcare, what it involves education. You're talking about people's lives, quality of life being impacted by elected officials. This is why I continuously point out how the rhetoric has to die down.
Speaker 2: We got to agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: We can disagree without being so disagreeable, without engaging in a kind of incendiary rhetoric where we're constantly pointing a figure at one side or another, showing an inability to work together or at least giving that impression and then wondering how stuff like this could happen.
Speaker 2: According to the police, and according.
Speaker 1: To the reports, mister Boulter had a manifesto in a vehicle that he was driving by the way, which was disguised as a police vehicle, and he had on a police outfit, according to the reports, And they said in a manifesto he had targeted over seventy people.
Speaker 2: Some were politicians, some were pro abortion advocates. So you have to take those things into consideration.
Speaker 1: And wonder, in God's name, what do you think is going to happen if you're talking about people like that and you're pointing a finger of blaming and you're not giving the impression. We're discussing when negotiating, we're getting along. Everybody can't have everything that they want, but we're aligned in some of our thinking. Half the time they agreeing with one another on both sides of the hole. They don't even tell us. And then you wonder how you have some people on the fringes, particularly the extremists, and what they're going to do. What are the things that somebody pointed out and they pointed this out, and I had to remember this. One person text me. They said, did you see the expression on a god's face when they caught him talking about Bolter? They said, did you see the facial expression on the guy who shot up.
Speaker 2: The embassy weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Did you see the god's face who shot up the healthcare?
Speaker 2: Who shot the healthcare ceo Luigi? When they caught him, They said, did you see how extremists looks? Stephen A calm?
Speaker 3: Calm?
Speaker 1: So we have to fight extremism. We have to fight stuff on the fringes, on both sides of the aisle. We have to make sure that there's a line that everybody knows should never be crossed. Yes, it's happened throughout history. President Reagan got shot, Abraham Lincoln got shot. Folks in between got shot.
Speaker 2: We got that part.
Speaker 1: Steve kaliz representative, he got shot, all of these things. The former representative of Arizona, she got shot. The point is not normalizing, it, not walking around like it's okay now as it pertains to what's been going on in the streets of America. We're talking about Trump and the Trump administration celebrating two hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty years of the Army.
Speaker 1: Perfectly within his right to do so, But let's be real, it was a bit over the top.
Speaker 2: Showing America's might.
Speaker 1: In America's strength, well, if we know we have it, why do we need to show off. We're considered the richest most powerful country in the world, right, everybody know, everybody knows.
Speaker 2: Our military might. Why do we need to showcase it?
Speaker 1: And why did it have to coincide on the seventy ninth birthday of the forty seventh President of the United States? Was it about our nation or was it about him? No matter how much he tried to say it wasn't. The flip side to it, however, is that on a day when that parade was taking place, there were thousands upon thousands of protesters across the United States of America, New York, LA, and every place in between.
Speaker 2: And it was supposed to be in Minnesota until.
Speaker 1: The police was asking folks not to attend because the shooter was still on the loose.
Speaker 2: And what were they protesting? Ice and migrants.
Speaker 1: Being grabbed in the streets by members of ICE in an effort to ultimately deport them, and.
Speaker 2: Folks were coming to the defense of it.
Speaker 1: You had the state of California suing the Trump administration. You have people talking about no kings, no kings. He's not a dictator. This is not an authoritarian regime. But that's why he's trying to make it like, well, really, that's why the state's suing him. That's why he's losing some of these cases in court. Last time I check. You're in a position of power, you try to get your way, somebody sues you. They fend you off by going through our court system. The court system makes it ruling, and as a result, it shows that our system works. What is Trump doing differently than what he campaigned doing. May not like it. That's why you win the election. So he's not in a position to do it as opposed to focusing on stuff that ain't gonna win an election. And then I talk to some folks on that side of the aisle, and these are the kind of messages that I'm getting. It's the Democrats only way to be relevant. They have no answers to help Americans. They don't go over the top four American criminals. Our prisons are full of people separated.
Speaker 2: From their families.
Speaker 1: They didn't say anything about those folks. Most of the leaders of the protest are paid agitators. You get into d Iran is rarely conflict something else that the United States can end up in the middle of because Israel ain't playing games. They're going after all of their enemies. They're not playing games. We already seen what they've done in Gaza. We know how they're trying to disarm Iran's ability to build a nuclear.
Speaker 2: Weapon, and they're hell been on doing so.
Speaker 1: We know that we were in negotiations with Iran and ultimately we scaled that back, and then all of a sudden Israel attacks.
Speaker 2: Now you've got.
Speaker 1: Officials from Iran saying there's no reason to have talks because there's no way that America didn't know about this and that this was coming, etc. With all of that going on, then you have folks on the right saying, what's new. Destroying Iran's and military nuclear sites is a good thing. We'll also destroy destroy Hesbalah and hamas isis as well, being that they were funded by Iran. So every time you sit there you throw something in their direction, the other side has something to say no matter which way you slice it. In the end, America is in a quadary. At some point in time, gonna have to come together. You don't have to like everything about Trump. I don't like what he's doing in California. I don't like what he's doing with the migrants. I don't like it at all. And I don't and I think that he caught himself because he mandated a pause on the raids when it came to agriculture, hotels, restaurants, et cetera. Because those business were being detrimentally affected, and he's gonna need those folks supporting him, particularly in the midterms. So you can make sure the GLP members remember it remaining in the House, in the Senate. But in the end, what it comes down to is that is he overstepping his hand. Probably so, But to the right, he's doing what he campaigned on, so in their eyes, he's keeping his word. They don't mind that because they don't believe politicians on the left have done that. No matter which way you slice it, it's an absolute mess. We got Israel and Iran going at it over two hundred and fifty missiles being dropped on one another. We still got the conflict with Hamas and the Gaza in the Gaza Strip.
Speaker 2: We still see that going on. We got a terriff situation here.
Speaker 1: You know what folks are gonna say, right, the right terrors ten trillion in investments for manufacturing in orto pharmaceuticals and semiconductors, That's what they're gonna say. They're gonna say, already a new threat about to be finished for our lifetime. Save us from a modern day holocaust, That's what they're gonna say. Whatever point the left is gonna have, the right is gonna have a counterpoint to justify anything that Trump is doing. Where's the solution? Can't see one in sight. Here's the biggest problem. Piece is not a part of this equation. Even within our own borders. We're at each other's throat, no sight of coming together in sight. It's pretty bad right now, and it looks to be getting worse. This looks to be getting worse. We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens coming up. Don't look now.
Speaker 2: But Season eight of the Big Three tipped off this weekend with some fireworks.
Speaker 1: I've got ice Cube in the house to talk about that and other things as well. But first, the Minnesota shootings, no King's protests, and the President celebrates two hundred and fifty years of the Army on his birthday this weekend. I can only think of one person to talk about all of this and break stuff into.
Speaker 2: Some kind of perspective.
Speaker 1: Somebody that knows the president pretty well. I'm talking about the one and only Bill O Rolly. He's up next right here on the Stephnise Smith Show. Don't go away, all right, folks, I need you all to stop what you're doing and listen up. You know, I love this time of year, right the NBA Finals are in full of fact and with all the section jumping off, The Steven Nate Smith Show wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while why sports. The app is really easy to use. You know, just pick more or less than a few player stats and you can win up to two thousand times your cash on a single lineup.
Speaker 2: Best of All Prospects will give you fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: When you play your first five dollar lineup gonna lose, You'll get fifty bucks for playing. So use promo code sas and download the app now again, download the app and use code says to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar.
Speaker 2: Lineup prospects, Hey, hey, ruck your game. Now.
Speaker 1: The Oklahoma City Thunder even the series against the Indiana Pacers, which now heads back to their home turf pay Colm Center tonight for Game five. So I'll give you my picks for Game five tonight. First up, well, and you Nemhard score more or less than ten and.
Speaker 2: A half points. I'm gonna go with more.
Speaker 1: I think the opportunity is gonna be there for him to put up some points. I don't think ten and a half points is a lot for this particular player. I think he could do that. I think he will. I'm gonna go with more on this one. Next up, will Miles Turner score more or less than thirteen.
Speaker 2: And a half points? I'm gonna go with less.
Speaker 1: The other day, Miles Turner made it in packed defensively and what have you. But offensively, he looked a bit hesitant.
Speaker 2: He looked a bit.
Speaker 1: Scared to try to make things happen. He's not looking to be aggressive. And I don't know if you fix that in game five when you just struggle with it in gave four to the NBA Finals. Might be a little bit too late for that. I'm gonna go with less for this on Miles Turn in this particular game on.
Speaker 2: The road in Oka, see for game five.
Speaker 1: Next up with chet Holmgren scored more or less than fifteen and a half points. I think he's gonna score less. I think he's gonna blog shots. I think he's gonna rebound. I think he's gonna make his presence felt. But I don't think he's gonna be on the offensive.
Speaker 2: Side of the ball. I think Indiana will be ready for that.
Speaker 1: I think guys like Jalen Williams and Caruso and others are gonna have to step up. I don't think you can rely on Cheded Holmgren to score more than fifteen and a half points. When a brother's shooting nine percent from three point range, I'm sorry, I can't give him that. Finally, well, Alex Caruso scored more or less than ten and a half points. I'm gonna go with more because Alex Caruso. I gotta tell y'all something. If it wasn't for Shae Gilgess Alexander performing the way that he did, if Oklahoma would have win these finals, the MVP would be a toss up between Jalen Williams and Alex Caruso because Alex Caruso's play on both sides of the ball has been very, very impressive. One minute he's scoring twenty, another minute he's hit threes. Another minute he's guarding Pascal Siakam, another minute he's guarding somebody like a Tyrese Haliburton and somebody else. The brother's all over the place, and he's the one reliable component coming off of Indiana's bench.
Speaker 2: Everybody else has been a bit haphazard.
Speaker 1: You don't know what you're gonna get from them from game to game. That is not the case with Caruso. He has been missed, a reliable got a lot of love for Caruso on what we've been seeing him do, so I'm gonna go with more on that. So that's more for Andrew Nemhart, less for Miles Turner, Okay, less for Cheded Holmgren, and more for Alex Caruso. So that's where I'm at with it. I hope you can appreciate where I'm coming from. By the way, go to Prospects after check out the Steven A. Smith Shoe community play it's boosted twenty five percent again.
Speaker 2: Check it in. Welcome back to Steven A. Smith Show.
Speaker 1: Joining me now is a conservative political commentator, actually a registered independent. He's also a best selling author and obviously an elite television personality. He's been around a long time. He knows what the hell is going on. He is the one and only mister Bill O'Reilly, Welcome back to the Stephen A. Smith Show. Sir, how you doing?
Speaker 2: How's everything you know?
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm doing this, but everything else is fine.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you don't know why you're doing this? I mean you're you're on with your young buddy right here. That's why you're doing this, Bill, because I had to have you on the show because I wonder what the hell is going on? Man, I got we got parades in the nation's capital while protests are going on all.
Speaker 2: Over the country.
Speaker 1: These No King protest that's been taking place all over the United States of America opposing what Donald Trump is doing. In your words, Bill O'Reilly, could you explain to everybody what the hell is going on with the Trump.
Speaker 2: Administration in America right now?
Speaker 4: Yes, I can't, Stephen A. And that's why you're having me on for clarity of thought? Okay, so on Bill O'Reilly dot com. I write a message every day. Everybody can read it. You don't have to join up. All you have to do is want a perspective. Eighty million people voted for Donald Trump's seventy five million voted for Kamala Harris. I submit to you that about half of the Harris supporter is voted against Trump. They loathe him, and therefore the no King demonstrations we're no surprise to any of us who understand how much fury there is on the left that Donald Trumps president. Doesn't matter what he does. Could be immigration, could be Iran, could be Medicaid, doesn't matter. So when a mass demonstration is called for, you're going to get a pretty good turnout.
Speaker 3: This was low in my estimation.
Speaker 4: Across the country. The two hundred They say two thousand protests, but there are really two hundred of note and there weren't that many people. But I wasn't surprised because the immigration is lighted a fuse that the left is just crazed about. So the no King stuff was predictable, didn't really amount too much. Now, the military thing was not well attended.
Speaker 3: But again that's predictable. It's Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Three percent of voters in the district voted for Trump three percent, So yeah, they're not going to come out and wave at him on his birthday and say, yeah, we like all the tanks. So most of this stuff, it's whipped up by the media in the hysteria, but it's predictable.
Speaker 1: And I get where you're coming from that it's predictable. But in the same breath, don't you find yourself wishing I don't want to act like optics of everything. But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You know, You've got a situation where you have.
Speaker 1: This parade going on to celebrating the two hundred fifty anniversary of the army and what have you. It coincides with his seventy ninth birthday, and it's in the midst of these riots taking place across.
Speaker 2: The United States of America. In one way, you're looking at it and you're saying, Okay, it appears to be much ado about nothing. It's just typical people who are against him and against his policies, against the administration. They're going to protest.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, it seems like he's feeding it as a distractionary measure because of some of the other things that aren't necessarily working. Whether it's the tariffs in some people's eyes, whether it's some of this stuff going on with Ice in Los Angeles and beyond, whether it's the war Ukraine with Russia, Israel and Iran right now, Israel and a mos before, some of the things that he thought would work that he swore he would resolve. That's not necessarily what the American people are seeing right now. Bill, What do you say to that that this is basically an evasive or distractionary tactic.
Speaker 2: Half of the.
Speaker 4: Present about it, I see it that way. It's celebratory. Trump wants to celebrate his position, and.
Speaker 3: So he uses his power to do that.
Speaker 4: The one thing that Trump has calculated that it's obvious and still vexing him is Ukraine. So he said on day one, I'll solve it, and it would have happened if I were president. Well, that's proved very, very difficult for him. But on all the other fronts, he believes the tariffs are going to heighten the economy. The initial numbers are good for Trump on that the Magabase supports the deportations. Although I have suggested that the Homeland Security opparatus have a fail safe, if you will, or a mechanism, that mechanism is probably better work to examine humane situations. So if you're swept up and you're not a criminal migrant, you're involved with a raid and they take you into custody, there should be a mechanism so that your situation would be examined by Homeland Security. Say you have three kids at home, all of whom are American citizens, but you're not. That would be under humane so they would let you out and not deport you. If Trump would do that, that would take a lot.
Speaker 3: Of the sting out of it.
Speaker 4: But you know, look, all I can do is suggest patterns of behavior that would be beneficial to the country, and I do. Whether he does them or not, that's up to him.
Speaker 2: How much does he listen to you these days? Bill O'Reilly?
Speaker 1: I mean listen when we did the you know, when we did our town hall on News Nation, Chris Cuomo, myself and you. There's no doubt that President Trump would not have called in if it were not for you. I've reported that on many many occasions. We all know how far your relationship goes back with them spanning thirty plus years, and I know that you would. Just recently, China asked you to come and see them and talk to them, and I'd like you to elaborate and enlighten my audience as to why that was.
Speaker 2: But clearly they feel and rightfully.
Speaker 1: So, that you have the ability, more so than most, to impact the thought process. Dare I say even the actions of the president from Tom to Todd because of his respect and this long time relationship with you, how much do you think he listens to you or anybody else in this day and age.
Speaker 4: Well, I think he trusts me because I'll never burn him. So if it's off the record, it's off the record. I talked to him frequently. I never call him. That's an intrusion. I'm a journalist, that's.
Speaker 3: Not my job. But when he.
Speaker 4: Gets in touch with me, I'm obviously respectful, as I was to Barack Obama, who did that as well.
Speaker 3: Not as much as Trump, but he did. George W. Bush did, And.
Speaker 4: I answer honestly so on the China situation, I was invited over there because they watch the Politburo watches me on YouTube exactly what we're doing now.
Speaker 3: The Chinese people can't see you too, by the way.
Speaker 4: They knock it out for but they watch and as you rightly assess, they know that I speak with Donald Trump a lot, so they wanted to know about him. And it was an off the record conversation. But I did tell the Pola Buro there were thirteen of them in the Q and A in Beijing, I'm gonna have to debrief the president when I get back, so I'm always up front, I like you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm up front.
Speaker 4: And they said, okay, you know, I said, I can't come over there and do a Q and A with you for now or in forty five minutes and not tell the President of the United States what it was about. You know, come on, I'll be deported myself. They'll deport me back to Ireland. So I got it, and I did, and then three days later there was a phone call with she So I could take credit for that, but I'm not going to. But I think that my conversation with the Chinese communists was beneficial.
Speaker 3: So I calmed them down in certain.
Speaker 4: Areas, and I illuminated the President's thinking process and others.
Speaker 3: So after the hour.
Speaker 4: Forty five minutes, they had a much better understanding of where Donald Trump is coming from. The second thing is we had dinner afterward, my son, myself, the man who put this together in Beijing, the richest man in China, and his assistant who was only supposed to be four but we were joined by the second most powerful man in the country for dinner, which was an amazing experience.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. My son's sitting there.
Speaker 4: He's twenty one years old and he's listening to the highest level of diplomacy there could possibly be in the biggest story in the world.
Speaker 3: China USA relations.
Speaker 4: Is the biggest story in the world by far, because if that doesn't work out, there's going to be beast trouble. If it does work out, if they follow my guidelines to a partnership for peace and prosperity, that's why I went over there to tell them what that was about, then the world will calm down and everyone will be better off. So there's my son, twenty one political science major, listening to his father at thirteen of the politic Memory. You can imagine that it's like being in nick locker room at halftime, I guess.
Speaker 5: But anyway.
Speaker 4: Look, I love my country. I try to do it's best as far as I see it. And I was stunned by this whole thing. I didn't solicit this.
Speaker 1: It came to me absolutely, And I know you tell them the truth about that shoot. I consider you an honest broker, regardless of how people try to attack you or whatever.
Speaker 2: You've always been a trade shoot with me.
Speaker 1: I've seen you talking to politicians on both sides of the isle, right in front of my face, getting on both of them like hell and fury for crowd out loud. So I've had an eyewitness account to that. But let me get back to you before I get back to the States. You said that when you were in China, you talked about your guidelines to peace and prosperity between themselves and the United States of America. Would you mind sharing with this audience what those guidelines were, some of those guidelines that you go down to them.
Speaker 4: So the past six months have been working on a policy call the Partnership for Peace and Prosperity between the United States of America and China. And essentially what it says is that the two greatest powers in the world are going to ally together to tamp down chaos and misbehavior all over the world. So we're gonna ally now, we're never going to agree with them about communism.
Speaker 3: And it's a police state.
Speaker 4: It's the most polic sophisticated police state in the history of mankind. It makes the Nazi regime look like benevolent people. That's how tight the Chinese communists are on their one point five billion people. Americans have no idea. You got to carry an ID card every second of your life in China. If you don't, you're in prison, if somebody stops you, and there are cops on every corner. And as for your idea, you're a Chinese citizen and you don't have it gone it is really unbelievable. So anyway, the Peace and Partnership Prosperity thing says that we're going to work it out. As far as trade will help China feed their one point five billion, they'll help us in our economy, and then we will hamp down crazy stuff like the Malas in Iran. So if China and the United States ally against the Mulas, they can't do anything.
Speaker 3: Same thing with Putin.
Speaker 4: If China were to say, hey, lad get out of there, or we're going to start to fund the Ukrainian government as well.
Speaker 3: A lot of it have to get out of there now.
Speaker 4: It's a matter of self interest, I understand, but I laid out a pretty solid case and I said, if that partnership comes, you're going to get a lot of benefit. The Chinese government will get a lot of economic benefit from it. So I'm hoping they consider it.
Speaker 1: Coming out more of mister Bill. O'Reilly you're listening and watching stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show. That would move at.
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right, everybody listen up. We're all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day.
Speaker 2: Hey, the stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of it all. That's why we partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. To make a lineup. All you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players Tyrese Halliburg, Shay Gilges, Alexander Pascal Siakam all in the same entry to sit back and watch.
Speaker 2: The list is really endless. You can play prospects in over forty states, including California and Texas.
Speaker 1: Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 2: Wanna lose, You'll get fifty bucks.
Speaker 1: So just use promo code says and download Prospects Now again. Download the app and use code says to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup Prize picks.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, run your game. You know I'm gonna get back to the States Because even.
Speaker 1: Though I know China and US relations is a huge, huge deal, no question about that, some of the immediate issues going on in this country obviously can't be ignored. The particular moment in time you saw, and you've saw that. You've been all over the news about the political shooting that took place this weekend. Fance Bolter was arrested as the suspected shooter of former Democratic House Speaker Melissa Hortman and her husband. He also critically wounded Senator John Hoffman and his wife, both out of Minnesota. Of course, he was captured late Sunday following a two day man hunt. Following the killing, Republican Utah Senator Mike Lee tweeted quote this is what happens when Marxists don't get their way.
Speaker 2: End quote. So Bill O.
Speaker 1: Raley, I ask you concerned at all that civility in America is going.
Speaker 2: You've been around a long time. You would know they answered to that question your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you keep saying I've been around a long time. It only goes back to us. Grant there, steven A. So, come on, foolish, foolish comment by Senator Lee, who's.
Speaker 3: Not a He's not a dumb man. He never should have made that comment.
Speaker 4: I've had political assassinations in this country forever, and so is every other country. And these are mentally unstable people that do it, all of them. You can trace every one of them back, and they're all loans. And that's what happened here. So to assign a Marxism to it, or a fascism to it, it's irresponsible. I don't traffic in that. I traffic in history. Never going to stop it. It's impossible in a free society. Even in China, as crazy as they control those people, you couldn't stop it. If somebody wanted to kill you and was stalking you, the odds are they be able to get to you? If you weren't putin or she we have unbelievable security, So there's nothing other than lamenting the situation. There's no solution to the situation. You're always going to have mentally on stable people who are violent and that's that. And you know, if I had a solution, I would put it forth, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Does it the rhetoric amongst politicians going back and forth, Although you're right, history has shown us these kind of things happen. There's always folks on the fringes. There's always extremism that takes place within every nation. This is not going to be any different, doesn't some of the rhetoric on a part of politicians or both sides of the isle. One could easily argue that contributes to some of this Bill.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: John James Garfield was assassinated, and he was he's still bomb thrower.
Speaker 3: You know, McKinley assassinated.
Speaker 4: In our polarized society with an irresponsible media, grossly irresponsible media, it's easier to incite, but I don't think it's easier to incite to murder, right homicide and with us. I wrote a book and it'll be out September ninth, called confronting evil homicide. Have been with it since Cain and Abel in the Bible. I mean, it's just their part of mankind.
Speaker 3: So I don't attribute.
Speaker 4: I don't say, look, if we're all nicer to each other, or do we have less violence? I don't believe that to be true.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, I mean, I guess I'm looking at it and I'm seeing these no King protests? Do you think that that's legitimate? Is it much ado about nothing? Are the folks on the left just using this as an opportunity to play soil loser because they lost the election to Trump and that's what this is about. Or do you think the arguments on a part of the left with the No Kings protest and beyond, do you think there's some legitimacy to that based on what we've seen from the Trump administration since he's been back in North January twenty.
Speaker 4: First, I think that protests are legitimate, and I applaud honest Americans who want to protest things they don't like. I think descent is a very important part of our success in America. But I always go to this, all right, So you don't like the ice rays, because that's what this was really all about.
Speaker 3: It's no kings thing. So what's Plan B.
Speaker 4: You're down with the buy and open border, you support that, So what do you have? What's your plan to supervise fourteen million foreign nationals, ten percent of whom are violent? Because ten percent of every group is violent, So what's your plan to supervise these people?
Speaker 3: Then you get you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's okay to protest, but you've got to have something to fill the vacuum if you want to be taken seriously, right, But aren't.
Speaker 1: You concerned when he talks about immigrants or migrants and you murderers, rapists, this stuff like that, as if giving the impression that that's who he's targeting. When news came out just the other day that he pulled he pulled he put a pause on raids involving the agriculture, uh, hotels, restaurants, et cetera, because obviously it was affecting those businesses. Don't you get concerned about him or the administration putting out that kind of rhetoric, sort of castigating folks in that fashion.
Speaker 4: Well, look, you can, you can overdo the rhetoric. But he got elected on it. So, you know, people were tired of seeing innocent UH Americans murdered by Venezuelans and El Salvadorans and whatever. So Trump said, I'm going to clean it up, and that's why I won. That's exactly why he won. So now he's trying to clean it up. But as I said, he should have a you know, an apparatus to examine people who aren't in that category who get swept up in it. So, look, I want social order in this country, and I assure you do too.
Speaker 2: You can't have, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: You can't have fourteen million foreign nationals run around unsupervised. And that's exactly what the Democrats supported, exactly. We don't want to stop anybody. We don't want to supervise them. Anybody asked for asylum. Oh yeah, five years. We'll see you down the road. Maybe you show up, maybe you don't, but we don't really care whether you do or not. Hey, that's the height of irresponsibility. We're paying for that for the next twenty years. And I mean that Biden open border was the worst policy decision in history by a sitting president, the worst because it caused so much damage.
Speaker 1: Why do you think Biden made that decision. And the reason I asked that question Bill O.
Speaker 2: Raley.
Speaker 1: It might be a rhetorical question, might be a bit old, but I'm thinking about how President Obama was called the deporter in chief because he had deported at the time even more people than Trump had deported.
Speaker 2: Biden was his vice president.
Speaker 1: How do you ultimately become the president four years after Obama has left office and you implement a policy that was the complete, completely antithetical to anything that Obama stood for.
Speaker 2: That made no sense to me. Do you have an answer to that question?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: I don't think Biden was in control of his faculties ever in his four years. I think he was diminished when he walked in he took the inaugural oath. I think his far left cadre who surrounded him in the White House, led by Ron Klaine, put a bunch of paper in front of him and he signed it and didn't know what he was doing or the unintended consequences that would stem from it. Look, I'll give you a really vivid example of Joe Biden. This man, for his entire career used his Catholicism as a campaign item. You remember that right, Yes, Joe goes to mass, Joe receives communion. Joe's a good Catholic, Irish Catholic from Scranton, Okay.
Speaker 3: While his president he comes out.
Speaker 4: To support abortion without any limits, what so ever? No limits the Hillary Clinton position, okay, the most extreme position on abortion you could take.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden takes it and promotes it.
Speaker 4: A good Catholic is excommunicated by doing that. However, there wasn't one Catholic bishop or the pope okay, who suggested the excommunication route for Biden because they were afraid to do it. One bishop in Virginia denied him communion.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, how can a man who professes to be an Irish Catholic promote unlimited abortion?
Speaker 3: Do you have an answer to that question?
Speaker 1: I have no answer to that question. Is inexcusable because it goes against that.
Speaker 2: God know would say.
Speaker 4: That that's the key to analyzing Biden right there. No one can answer the question because there's no logic, okay, because he wasn't able mentally to make those kinds of calculations. In my opinion, and you will see coming forth proof of how diminished that man was from day one.
Speaker 1: See that's the argument that folks on the right would say as well.
Speaker 2: And I get that part.
Speaker 1: And then when we look at the left protesting Trump in this day and age to the right, it will fall on death is because everybody's quick to look at the body and administration, the policies they put forth, how it was supported, whether directly or through one silence on the left, and as a result, they tried to basically finego their way through the administration, you know, through his tenure, and ultimately assist Kamala Harrison taking office. And so when I see these no Kings protests and everybody complaining about Trump, that's one way that it's going to be dismissed from the right, But where it will be embraced by centrists and folks on the left. Bill Rally, in my opinion, is that I'm thinking about Iran. With Israel, you have people thinking about that, Yeah, we can end their new program and as a result, they won't be a nuclear threat and we don't have to worry about a holocaust.
Speaker 2: Down the line at least on that end. Okay, that's what that's a plus.
Speaker 1: They're talking about the terroriffs, they're saying, you got pledges but where's the real production. What has really really happened with that regard You talked about the war with Ukraine and Russia that hasn't been resolved. There's still hostages with a massa, and folks are alluding to genocide taking place in a gaza stripped because of net and Yahoo and some of the actions that he has taken to just completely obliterate a mosque has beligned everybody else in between. In the end, what it comes down to to me, Bill, is this, There's so much stuff going on with the Trump administration that's up in the air. The one finite thing you can point to is his position on immigration and the effect it has had, And to me, that seems to be his calling card. Let everybody lean towards that because that's a winnable argument in his eyes, where almost nothing else is to that kind of speculation or skepticism.
Speaker 2: You say, what as it pertains to the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: My thing that announces is a bit harsh.
Speaker 4: So number one, the tariffs and the economy. You've got to give it a little more time. So next week will be six months that Trump's been in office. It seems like six years, I know, but it's only six months, and to turn the entire industrial economy around in.
Speaker 3: His country kind of take a year or so. But it's trending in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Particularly if Trump and she can come to an economic deal, then all.
Speaker 3: The other deals will follow. And Donald Trump knows that. Okay.
Speaker 4: On the guaz afront, Trump has been a dove on that. He has done everything he can to try to get Hamas to release the hostages and take the pressure off so the Israeli army doesn't go in and continue.
Speaker 3: To pound the place.
Speaker 4: But the Hamas people will not do it, So you can't blame Trump for that. On Ukraine has given Putin every opportunity to be a human being. Unfortunately, Putin is psychotic. Putin is on the cover of my upcoming book, Confronting the Confronting Evil. Okay, he is not a person that you can deal with rationally. Trump thought he was because he had four years of Putin not really misbehaving in his first term. But now, for whatever reason, Putin's out of control.
Speaker 3: Can you get him back under control?
Speaker 4: Maybe, particularly if China would help, But right now that's a miscalculation. So I think that people who hate Trump, who say He's failing on every front. Aren't being fair? Need to let this unfold for a few more months. In March of twenty six, if the economy is wobbling and there's unrestled over the world, the Republicans are done in the midterms.
Speaker 2: They will lose.
Speaker 3: Trump knows that last couple of questions.
Speaker 2: So I'll let you get on out of here and thank you so much for your time, real quick.
Speaker 1: Over the course of his presidency, President Trump released cryptocurrency gold sneakers and watchers, and now he's reportedly releasing the T one Trump smartphone with an unlimited plan price at forty seven dollars and forty five cents per month via AT and T, Verizon and T Mobile in August. That's being built in the United States. First of all, Bill O'Reilly? I mean, what do you think about this? And secondly, are you getting one of these phones? I mean, or do you have a problem with the president monetizing the office?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm getting three of these phones, giving one to you for Christmas, one to Cuomo for Christmas?
Speaker 3: And look, do I approve of this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Do I understand what's going on? Yes?
Speaker 4: So Jump doesn't have anything to do with the Trump organizations run by his two.
Speaker 3: Sons, Don Junior and Eric.
Speaker 4: They are lloyding the hell of their father's success for monetary gain. Now, all presidents do it to a certain extent. The Biden family did it with subterfuge. Remember that we didn't know what was going on and farign countries were involved. This is basically, hey, we're famous, my father's powerful, so you buy our phone.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Trump he doesn't have anything to do with that because he had to sign off for all his holdings to his son. I'm sure when he gets out of office he'll be back. But there's a private club in DC and it goes on.
Speaker 3: And on and on.
Speaker 4: But every single president, with the exception of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan, wasn't too much because when Reagan left office he was in their throes of dementia. But every single other president capitalized monetarily on their position. Yeah, might Barack Obama gets for a speech, do you know how much? No, three hundred and fifty thousand, three five. He gets more than you get for a speech, David Ay. I mean, I'd be outrageouf five were you. But he gets more than you.
Speaker 5: Yet, so.
Speaker 3: That doesn't bother me in the sense.
Speaker 4: That I'm not a bad behavior point to other bad behavior kind of guy.
Speaker 3: But this is our system.
Speaker 4: We're capitalists here and the Trump people are exploiting their game.
Speaker 1: Last question, You know, Donald Trump is unapologetic about playing to his base.
Speaker 2: People will be quick to say he's doing what he promised he would do, et cetera. Do you think that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be enough for the GOP to win the midterms? And do you think that's enough for the GOP to win the election in twenty twenty eight if he continues on the path that he is going on or does there need to be some alterations in your as far you can see.
Speaker 4: Well, if you base it on history, which I always do, the economy will tell who's going to win the midterms. So, as I said, the economy is rolling along next spring, Republicans will do very well because that it's everything to the American people. They are nervous, Lots of them don't have any money. They need the economy to be robust and will that far and away. You know, I say China USA is the biggest story in the world than it is, but for our electoral situation, the economy dominates. So Trump is a dice roller. He doesn't play it safe. He's going. He wants to be one of the greatest presidents. He wants to be on Mount Rushmore. He can't be on Mount Rushmore to buy his own mountain and put his face up there.
Speaker 3: But he wants to be one of the greatest.
Speaker 4: And he always because I wrote Confronting the presidenc he's always there.
Speaker 3: Where am I now? Where am I now? I go? It's still incomplete. Mister president.
Speaker 4: You had a good first term, and he did, but now a lot of turbulence. He goes, guy, it's gonna work out, and he believes it will work out perfectly.
Speaker 3: He believes it.
Speaker 4: There's no insecurity on his part. Okay, whether it will or not, of course, no one knows, but God.
Speaker 2: The one and only.
Speaker 1: Bill O'Reilly appreciates you, my man, as always, Thank you so much for your time. Bill O'Reilly dot com best selling author of political commentator Extraordinary. I always appreciate the education, my man.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Man, I talked to you sooner.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, good question, stephen A. Thanks for having me in.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the fact that you said it's good questions makes me feel good inside.
Speaker 2: It really really does. Bill. I know I'm gonna write track. Thanks a lot, Buddy, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: You soon, all right, Coming up.
Speaker 2: I tubs in the house.
Speaker 1: In the show, we're talking about Season eight of the Big Three that tipped off this weekend with some fireworks. But first we'll get into the NBA Finals. This Game five tips off tonight in Oklahoma City. We'll get into that and then some right here on the Steven Niatesmithchef don't go away, Welcome back to Steven Natesmithchhell, let's get to the NBA Finals, where Game five takes place tonight in Oklahoma City. The Thunder manage to tie the series Friday night off the strength of MVP Shaye Gilgess, Alexander Shae Butters what I call them, who dropped thirty five points on the Paces in Indy. Now, the Thunder have taken home court advantage back. Heading into Game five tonight, I think the Thunder win the night. But I gotta tell you something right now, this is a great NBA Finals series, and I think it's going seven games. I think Oklahoma's winnings Game five. I think the Pacers go home and win Game six, and I think we're right back here in Oklahoma City this Sunday night for Game seven to win with the championship on the line.
Speaker 2: That's what I think is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I've watched this team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, and as elite as they are defensively, which they showed in Game four, by the way, when they held when they went on a twelve to one run in the last two minutes and fifty eight seconds of regulation. Shay Gilges Alexander had to end up saving the day because this brother is something special and he brings it to the table, make no mistake about it.
Speaker 2: But it took that because.
Speaker 1: Offensively they're not what you would expect an elite team to be. As the game Wan's OKC struggles.
Speaker 2: That's a big problem. They struggled offensively.
Speaker 1: I also think that coach Dagnault made a huge mistake to start this NBA Finals series. They won sixty eight games during the regular season, they won twelve games in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: They came into the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: With a record of eighty and eighteen this year, including the playoffs. And you alter your starting lineup before a game is played. Why why to me psychologically that kind of warped Isaiah Hartenstein and compromised Cheded Holgrin to a degree. Ched Holgern a nine percent from three point range. That ain't gonna cut it all right, He's not playing awful in other aspects, but he can't buy a three right now. So that's problematic for them. So we have to look at it from that standpoint and say, what the hell is that about? So we got to take that into consideration. Then we got to look at a guy like Jalen Williams, who's one of only two NBA players this year, him and Evan Mobley of the Cleveland Cavaliers who made an All NBA team and made an All NBA defensive team. Only two players did that this year. Jalen Williams was one of them. So the brother can play. We know he's getting to the hole and he's handling his business in that regard, but when it comes to shooting three points, he's shooting for twenty one percent. That ain't gonna cut it either. This is why Shay Gilgers Alexander has to come to the rescue. The most reliable weapon for Shae Gilgers Alexander throughout these playoffs has been Alex Caruso coming off the bench. Nobody else has been reliable or trustworthy. And even though lou Daughter's shooting the ball effectively is when it's open threes, when he's contested and you run him off the three point line, he's not doing much for you Offensively, Defensively, collective he brings it. They bring it, no doubt, but offensively they struggle. And Indiana can score offensively because you've got Halli Burton, You've got them hard, You've got Niece Smith, Miles Turner is struggling.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Pascal Siakam's not. You look at Pascal Siakam along with those three dudes that I mentioned, along with an Obie top and coming off the bench, a Benedict Matherrin coming off the bench, even though Beneman matherm dropped twenty seven in Game three. Then turns around in Game four in the last closing minutes, mississ is three or four free throws and commits a foul off the Paul and the n's bounds play basically given OKC five points. So you look at it from that standpoint, Indiana can score, but they're prone to making mistakes.
Speaker 2: I think on the.
Speaker 1: Road in OKC four Game five, knowing that you don't need to go back to Indiana down three to two, I think OKAC handles their business and they win tonight in Game five.
Speaker 2: They go back Thursday to.
Speaker 1: Indy for Game six, where I think Indy should win that game, and then we come back here for Game seven.
Speaker 2: The Thunder six and OH and the Paces are five and oh after a loss.
Speaker 1: This entire postseason, none of them have lost two games in a row, and I think that's gonna remain the case in this series as well. We got a big time NBA Finals. I know it's two small markets OKCE in Indiana, but I gotta tell you, in terms of thrills, you couldn't ask for much better than.
Speaker 2: What these teams. That both these teams have given you.
Speaker 1: I'm picking o ok SEE to win Game five tonight. Let me transition since we're on the subject of basketball, I gotta get to my next guests.
Speaker 2: Because he is a multi.
Speaker 1: Hyphen it legendary rapper, actor and producer of some of our favorite films, an entrepreneurial, a founding member of the iconic rap collective NWA, and of course, the co founder of the Big Three Basketball League. We know him, we love him. You know who I'm talking about, the one to know the ice cubes in the house, My brother, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Welcome the show?
Speaker 5: All good man, good to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you man, Please my pleasure. Now am I reading this correctly? Season eight of the Big Three tips off. The tipped off this weekend.
Speaker 5: Bro Season eight, he's an eight. You know, it's been it's been a nice long ride, but it's been a great ride. And you know, season eight that means, you know, the people really love the style of play, and they rewarding us with, you know, a little longevity here. So we're gonna keep it going.
Speaker 1: Express to everybody what your vision was when you first started this league and whether or not you believe that vision has become reality.
Speaker 5: You know, I go back to what I said in twenty sixteen, twenty seventeen, if this league I wanted to last one hundred years, you know, like like the NFL or the NBA, you know, was just going on a hunting. So yeah, I wanted to be here.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 5: You know, we got this style play Three on three has always been part of basketball. It's never really got to shine, and now it's starting to shine and people seeing it's a great style of play. You know, Mono, we mono. You know, you got to be able to pass, dribble, shoot, and defend to have success. And it's a great game.
Speaker 1: You know, when you think about what the Big Three, I mean, listen, I got to tell you, I'm proud of I'm proud of what you've done to the league with the league.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of the opportunities you've given cats.
Speaker 1: You know that obviously some of that retired from the NBA and stuff like that, but they still got skills. They just ain't trying to run up and down a quarter full ninety four feet for eighty two nights a year, that kind of thing. But when I think about this league and what you've done for so many people, what are the kind of things these players are telling you the Big Three has done for them.
Speaker 5: You know, one thing we never counted on was how much this league would help mental health of our heroes on the court, getting them back in the arena where they belong. These guys have honed their skills, you know, as long as you have you know, doing your art and just think you know, somebody can walk up one day and tell you it's over just because of what you know. They don't have room for you, you know what I mean. It's like, yo, these guys still want to play at the highest level. They go overseas, but they want to be at home. They want to play in those arenas that they used to play, and they want to play in front of you know, American crowds, their friends, their family, they bring their kids to the game. So never thought, you know, we'd be helping players mental health as much as we are when it comes to, you know, what they can achieve on the basketball court.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing former NBA players that's a part of the league right now. And I'm told former NBA champions Dwight Howard and Lance Stevenson were ejected from Saturday season open up between Miami and Los Angeles. That's built into the media box. What the hell is that about? I mean, they think you got cats getting fighting with all of that right now?
Speaker 2: What's that about? How you feel about that ice que hey man?
Speaker 5: You know, it's part of the game. Like, you know, they ready to play. You know, they they're passionate. They not just out there because you know, they're getting, you know, crazy money. They out there because they love a game, and this is what the fans want to see. As far as the passion, now, we don't condone the fighting. You know, we let you trash talk a little. We don't want players touching each other, you know what I mean. We want players to you know, kind of watch their language, you know a little bit on TV. But we want the passion. And you know, it happened. It's filled over in our first game between two rookies. This is their first game and the Big Three, and welcome to the Big Three.
Speaker 2: The Big Three, which is on CBS.
Speaker 1: By the way, for everybody that's watching the debut with eight all new franchises, tell me about them. I'm looking at Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Miami.
Speaker 2: I mean, talk to me about that eight new teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, you know, we decided to plan ourselves in cities before we were kind of a you know, barnstorming league, not connected to any cities. We wanted to create Big Three fans and fans of the style of the game. And now that we have that, it's time to plant our flags and cities. We opening up a real big fandom when it comes to that. So it's unlocking a lot of eyes onto the Big Three and a lot of interest. You know, when you got your city pride to add to you know, your you know, expectations of the game. It it just takes us to another level. So we got eight, Now we want to go to twelve. We want to go to you know, sixteen twenty. You know, we don't have a team in New York yet, so you know, Steven that you might want to put a put some you know, put the team together, you know, grab that New York squad, so you never know, I have to, I.
Speaker 2: Might have to, I might have to.
Speaker 1: You can't have you can't have a basketball league and no team in New York. We definitely got to talk about that, make no mistake about it.
Speaker 2: But but I want to know this QBE.
Speaker 1: You know when you came in, when you started this, since its inception, what's been the biggest challenge for you that you've encountered and try to help this league grow?
Speaker 5: You know, it's it's been challenging in different ways. You know. We we really thought we were gonna get more love from the sports media having the names that we have involved with this league. Uh You've always you know, been able to you know, shine light on the league with your platform, which I appreciated from day one. You know. But you know a lot of sports media looks over the league and it's a shame because in the dog days of summer, you know, for who fans you know, this is right to me. You know, a league that is by sized. You know, we got ten weeks and we crowned champion and then you know, we get to the NFL. So it's pretty pretty cool for the summer. So I just wish the sports media get with the program.
Speaker 1: I totally agree with you that I certainly could do more and I am gonna do more.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you else. I think the players could do more as well.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about playing because I know they bring what they bring, but I'm talking about talking about the Big three when you're looking forward to it. I just saw Dwight Howard the other day. He about to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He didn't mention the Big Three. It would have been nice, and he mentioned that. You see what I'm saying stuff like that, just letting cats know, Yo, this ain't the only kind of basketball is going on. We got some skills that we still want to showcase as well, So I think a lot of the players.
Speaker 2: Can do the same. It's a collective effort. To media.
Speaker 1: You do, you're the one person that you're the one reliable commodity with the Big Three from the standpoint, you always, always, always are promoting this league. And I think the players they got a lot to say with their podcat cast and all of that stuff, they could do a lot more as well.
Speaker 5: Would you say that we would love that. You know, some players do you know, use their platform to hype up the Big Three, but we would love for the players to do more that. You know, why the players love the league is that we don't put you know, too many you know, like ain't doing them like that. You know, they want if they want to do it, it's got to be out the love of their heart. We're not going to require them to do that. We're not going to require them to talk to the media. You know, they got to do it out the love of the game, and they didn't have wanting to have something to say to the world. So you know, I don't think we're gonna change that. You know, of course, We would love for them to talk about it twenty four seven, but at the end of the day, it's wrong men and stuff to them on what they want to talk about.
Speaker 1: One of the things that you've done with this league, it's become more than just sport, to touch as culture, music community, all of that.
Speaker 2: Was that always your.
Speaker 5: Intention, always, you know, I thought, you know, music, culture and sports is like you know, peanut butter and jelly with the milk, you know what I mean, it all go together, it's perfect. So that's always been you know, our philosophy. We had Jim Jones come out rock the house today. I mean, you know, on Saturday doing Game one, we're gonna have bad Face out and uh out there in Baltimore. So you know, we plan on bringing the best entertaining the people with basketball, music culture. You know, we got break dancers out there from Monster Energy, we got DJ dancers, dunkers, everything you can name at the Big Three. So it's you know, it's a carnival, you know, it's it's a lot of fun at the events.
Speaker 1: You've also talked about ownership involving you know, our ownership opportunities for these players, and I know equity is has always been important with the Big Three and and how different is that, you know from other leagues in your estimation in terms of ownership.
Speaker 2: Opportunities for these players. Explain that to the audience.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, a lot of our day one players who helped start the league have an ownership in the league, which is amazing. And you know, once the league is you know, profitable, we'll be able to start cashing them out and that'd be a great thing. You know, at the end of the day, it's really about you know, people putting groups together. Teams are very reasonable right now, you know, at the end of the day, compared to other pro teams, you know, and so that's gonna change very rapidly as teams will start to get purchased, you know what I mean. We got four owners now looking for four more, and then we're gonna expand the league. So it's going to continue to go up. So we we want some of the players you know, who want ownership in the league like this to come forward, like I said, put groups together on some of these franchises and think about you know, their gnerational wealth. We think we got him here with the Big Three.
Speaker 1: Big Three's embraced innovation like the special all red fireball, five ball three rules, a four point shot, a fourteen second shot clock, and to bring the five challenge where teams can contest a foul call with an in game one on one.
Speaker 2: How does that enhanced the game and estimation?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, if you look at three on three, if you saw the Olympics, it feels, you know, amateur that you really put it frankly, But at the end of the day, the Big Three, we professional league. We wanted to have our wrinkles that helped our game. We wanted to have things that you couldn't see nowhere else in a pro basketball game, like our four point shot, like our bring the fire rule, one shot free throws. You know, seeing a guy shoot a free throw from the three point line and or the four point circles pretty unique. These little wrinkles have made our game fun to play and fun to watch, and that's always competitive. You know, these rules are not just because we are thinking of you know, gimmicks. These rules are built to help you win the game. And we saw some great comebacks this weekend team down at least eleven and the other team had forty nine and then they come back and win the game. So it is designed perfectly for this game.
Speaker 1: One of the last questions I got for you on the Big Three man Big Three head coach of Basketball Legend Nancy Leeberman is the first woman to become a head coach of a men's professional team.
Speaker 2: As Powers head coach, she led the team to the title in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Have you considered expanding the league to include more women athletes?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: You know, we offered Caitlyn Clark, you know, a shout at our league last year and it didn't work out. You know, we thought she could probably have a Billy Jean King moment, and we thought she could maybe have success in our league because you know, small guards have had some success in the league, like you know, like a du Roof and Nate Robinson, you know, not comparing them, but at the end of the day, we thought, you know, more than a bigger player, you know, she could maybe get loose. So it didn't happen. You know, the player captain's pick who who they want to be in the league. We've got owners now you never know what's gonna happen. So if a player captain pick a woman to be on her his team. Then she's in the league.
Speaker 2: Over the week was this past weekend?
Speaker 1: How long does this league last this particular summer?
Speaker 2: When's the end day? When's the championship game?
Speaker 5: Championship? August twenty fourth, ten weeks season? We got one buy you know, so you know, count us down, check us out every weekend. You know, we got games either Saturday or Sunday, CBS and Vice TV, and hey, you know what I mean. And come if we're in your town, come check it out because you gotta see seven foot is play through on three is incredible.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm coming, I'm coming. I'm gonna sit with you. You're gonna have a seat for me right next to you. That's what I'm talking about. I mean, damn, it's a courtside seat. It's are hard to come by every damn place. But it better not be with ce. If I'm in the house, I better have a seat waiting for me right next to you. Bro.
Speaker 2: I mean, last time I'll sit with you in LL a couple of years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no problem, man, you always got to see. If my wife don't come, you you right there. If she did, you got to see.
Speaker 1: Now I'll go for I can't come before the wife. I can't come before the white man. What you been doing with yourself?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How much of your time is being taken up by this? Because I mean, you're an actor, you obviously a musician.
Speaker 2: You know, you be doing your thing.
Speaker 1: And I gotta admit you, I haven't even seen you to say this to you, my dad feelings when you set up there saying to the Yankees when you you know, you know.
Speaker 2: When you told them about it, I hurt my feelings. Killed.
Speaker 1: I hurt my feelings because you know, I'm a Yankee fan and I knew they were in trouble. And then they came with with with with with Fat Joe. I'm like, yo, I love him for the Knicks, but the Yankees nice stepped out of pocket. They I was like, nah, I ain't cute, and they gonna work.
Speaker 5: I was depressed, man. You know, at the end of the day, you know, I had a fun I'm a big Dodger fan, you know, so I had to do it. You know, you know, the Yankees done hurt our hearts so many times. Gang. You know, we got to try to get ahead some way somehow. So it was great to be a part of that and you know, it's just just a you know, I'm a busy man, but I love it. You know, spend eighteen hours a day on the Big Three. You know, when I commit to something, I committed a Hunter and templecent. So that's what it's all about right now for me, it's all Big Three, you know. Then we'll jump back on the music. I got a tour coming, the Truth to Power tour in the fall, so right, you can't get rid of me, Stephen Aink.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm trying to figure that say out. I'm like, damn, brother music.
Speaker 1: Carisk been forty years and he was about to come out with a new album. And and by the way, you don't look you don't look forty. So I'm looking at you like, damn, it's forty years of the music in the street.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a lot of time. But you don't look it. Bro, you don't look it.
Speaker 5: Hey man, people don't realize. You know, I started as a real young man. You know, I was fourteen fifteen years old when I started. You know, wrote my first hit song at sixteen, you know, a song called Boys in the Hood for easy Eating Rest in Peace. So been here, you know, doing it, and it's time to celebrate that. You know, four decades I atted Toude. You know you gotta catch me when I come to town.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, man, I let me not forget this for my orders. You were recently honored with your handprint ceremony of the Chinese did the Hollywood Walk of Fame celebrating your icotic career. Fans, family friends on hand.
Speaker 2: What did that day mean to you?
Speaker 5: Man? That's a movie star status, you know what I mean. At the end of the day, a lot of people got stars, not a lot got their hands and feeding some men in front of the Man's Chinese theater. So great honor, something you don't expect. When you get the call. You just feel, you know, gratitudes and attitude for real. You know, you just feel blessed to be in this position and to have a career that people are recognizing. Uh, decades later.
Speaker 1: Man, is it true that you gotta you know, I'm hearing these reports that the last Friday films and developments?
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Fans?
Speaker 5: Finally? Uh? You know, we've been okay fighting the play wait a long time, you know. Thank this new leadership at New Line and Warner Brothers with Mike de Luca. You know, now it's time to start putting the pieces together.
Speaker 1: I can never talk to you without giving your son some love. I saw it then the Thieves two a few months ago. The brother's doing this thing. Oh Shay Jackson, I mean, proud, Papa, I'm imagining you really, that.
Speaker 2: Brother's got talent.
Speaker 1: My man, he's got a real, real bright future in Hollywood. As far as I'm concerned, he can act. I love what I see from your son. How are you feeling about what he's doing with himself these days?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, he's a better actor than me, you know what I mean, like amazing range, you know, fully dedicated, and you know, proud that he's running with him. You know he's not walking with him. And so you know, all we can do is parents, I know, Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there that's really involved in their kids life, no doubt. And so look to you to really to really you know, being your kids life and watch them do something. Put them in a place to win, position to win. You want them to do what it takes. You know, you know I can only put you in a position to win, can't play for you. So you know, he out there doing what he needed to do to win the game. So you know, I'm proud of Ice.
Speaker 1: Before I let you get on out of here, man, forgive me for fearing left and ask you this question.
Speaker 2: You're you're an LA native. You see what's.
Speaker 1: Going on in the streets of Los Angeles right now with all these protests because of the Trump administration and Ice and what they're doing with migrants and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. And you see a lot of people protesting across.
Speaker 1: The country, but obviously a lot of it is emanating with the No Kings protests emanating out of the Los Angeles. What has been your thoughts about it, because you you you've never been shy about expressing what you believe is right and what have you. And obviously you know you're politically conscientious as well.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts about what you've been seeing.
Speaker 5: It's heartbreaking, you know, see the city go up like this, you know, just to see the city kind of I mean the government handle it in the way they handling it, you know, they're they're using a lot of humiliation, you know, and they're they're you know, being very you know, heavy handed. You know, I understand the laws of the law and all that, But why you gotta be so heavy handed with what you're doing so disrespectfully purchase weddings. You know you're hit these places, man, and you know it's just I think it could be done in a more respectful way. Man, It's just it's not right.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, my man. I always appreciate your voice, appreciate what you're doing. You know I'm always here for you, my man. You take care of yourself and I look forward to talking to you and seeing you soon.
Speaker 2: All right, you be good, Take it.
Speaker 5: Easy, Take it easy, man, always, anytime.
Speaker 2: Always, no doubt.
Speaker 1: One of the only ice Q right here and Stephen Nate Smith Shaw My thanks to the one and only qbe himself. You can catch the Big Three on CBS and Vice TV. Also The Truth the Power Tour coming to a city near you very very soon.
Speaker 2: That's it for this edition to the Stephen A. Smith Show.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you.
Speaker 2: I'll be back in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Remember, I got an NBA Finals to cover Game five tonight in Oklahoma City, so make sure you check it out.
Speaker 2: Don't miss it.
Speaker 1: I'll be on NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC tonight at least an hour before the game, so check me out there with the crew Kendrick Perkin, Bob Myers, Malika Andrews, and so on. Make sure you don't miss it until later, y'all. Stephen they signing off piece of love and talk to you in a couple of days.