Speaker 1: Hey, High Strange listeners, it's been a while since High Strangers first season and rest assured the team is working on more. But in the meantime, are you looking for another place to hear stories of unexplained and bizarre events, maybe even possible UAP sightings, Because we've also got a show called Radio Rental where real life people share their most harrowing and inexplicable stories. And if you like UFO stories, you might like this story in particular. Check it out.
Speaker 2: I grew up in a small town. Population was like nine hundred. Obviously, not a lot of exciting things happened growing up. By the time I was I think seventeen, I had pretty much explored every square inch of that town. I really did. As cliche as it sounds, no like the back of my hand. I was, I think sixteen seventeen, and every day trying to figure out something to do. I was with a friend of mine. We reached out to another friend and was just asking them what they were up to. They were like, yeah, come over, We're gonna watch some movies later night, and we were like great.
Speaker 3: There were pretty much two ways to get to our friend's house.
Speaker 2: There was a long way through the town, but it ended up leading down a kind of precarious, sketchy path alongside of a road, and there was another path that was almost like a shortcut that we had taken one hundred and one times, so obviously we chose to do that. We started like we always would. It was just a couple of minutes right up from my parents' house where I grew up. The place we would always start was a very small kind of chain length fence on the the opposite side of the road was a little driveway that ran to kind of like a farmhouse that we're pretty familiar with. We'd been there a couple of times. We started walking towards our friend's house and the shortcut was really kind of just through a golf course in a little bit of forest, but again we had walked it one hundred and one times. It didn't take more than fifteen minutes, twenty minutes tops. It was just a straight line from Road A to Road B. Started just seeing all those familiar landmarks. Was the sand trap on whole fifteen. A couple of minutes later, there's just like a utility shed and we're like, great, we'll be there in no time. As We kept walking. You know, we started five thirty or six. We're fully expecting to be there, you know, sun setting around six thirty. But the more we walked, we noticed some was going down when was coming up, and we're like, okay, no big deal. Maybe we walked later than we when we thought up when we were supposed to get there, fully expecting to see that other road.
Speaker 3: We still hadn't.
Speaker 2: We saw kind of a thicket of trees. Right on the other side of those trees, there's gonna be the road that's right across the street.
Speaker 3: From our friend's house, and at this point it was dark.
Speaker 2: We got to this thicket of trees, and as soon as we did, we started seeing these blinking red lights, multiple of them, almost like lightning bugs, and they were flashing up in the trees above us. They were almost fluorescent, like a Christmas tree bulb almost. They were coming almost like through the trees. Maybe we had trip a floodlight that people have outside their house. As we got closer, we started noticing that there was more of them appearing. It was accompanied by the strangest alarm, but it sounded more.
Speaker 3: Like a siren.
Speaker 2: The siren was so unlike anything i'd ever heard before, not like an alarm, not like an ambulance, like a shriek, high pitched and so loud, almost like a frequency like when you have to night us, like a ringing in your ears, but coming from someplace outside of you.
Speaker 3: It was all around us. It was consuming still looking up at the trees. The lights were almost surrounding us. That just immediately said in a pan.
Speaker 2: We didn't know what it was, but we knew that it wasn't anything normal. It was completely unlike anything we had ever seen or heard before in that small town. With that, it was fight or flight or freeze. And we flew. We ran out of there as fast as we could, and it was hard to think about anything other than those lights and that sound.
Speaker 3: We ran and ran and ran.
Speaker 2: Still looking up above us in the tree line, just still seeing those red lights flashing. We see a road ahead of us, and we're like, okay, great, we're here. As we approached that road, we were standing looking at that small chain link fence.
Speaker 3: That we started walking on.
Speaker 2: We looked behind us, we looked in front of us again, looking back at that chain link fence.
Speaker 3: What just happened? We were walking just a.
Speaker 2: Straight line It was all start to finish, golf course, utility, shed everything that we had noticed in the past up until that line of trees. At no point did we ever make a U turn and start walking back. Even more significantly, we never crossed any other road, any other path. It was all just golf course and forest. We kept trying to rationalize, and the more we did where it didn't make sense who has red flashing light alarm system outside their house? But at no point did either of us get lost. It was again a walk we had done hundreds of times. Crazier theories started to go through our head, like maybe we walked through some sort of portal. But the weirdest part, I think was after we calmed down, talked a little bit, we noticed that it was nine o'clock at night. We had effectively lost three hours. Really was a walk that was from point A to point B, a straight line that really should have only taken fifteen twenty minutes at tops, a walk that we had done so many times before and even since then done that walk. Somehow we ended up back looking at that chain link fence, without ever turning around, without ever walking back, without ever crossing any other roads, that forest that golf course, that.
Speaker 3: Straight line, and yet somehow.
Speaker 2: We were back where we started, like we had walked entirely around the circumference of the world. And the look on our faces said everything that we were both thinking. We were walking back home, because at that point we were just completely wiped out, exhausted with fear, panic and anxiety. And the more we talked, the more things didn't make sense, the more things didn't add up. It would be one thing if I was by myself and this happened. I experienced it with somebody else, which was just confirmation that something strange had happened. Him and I both, especially the following weeks, retraced our steps dozens of times, went back to that fence, started walking in that same direction. We walked in the morning, we walked in the afternoon. We tried walking at night, but it was always rode to Road B. It was never back to roade A. It was totally normal. We even tried walking the opposite direction. We tried finding that patch of trees, and sure there were forests and woods and trees and stuff, but we didn't see any you know, floodlights or sirens or alarms or red lights. We never saw anything like that. Again, the thing that me and my friend both keep coming back to is that we were abducted. I think it explains the lights, the sounds, and the loss of time. Losing time is a big factor in abduction. Maybe these things abducted us and got confused about the location where they got us, and they picked us up and dropped us off at the wrong place. That's like the thing that makes the most sense to both of us. Nothing else really explains what happened that night. The more I listen to other abduction stories, the more that it makes sense, the more I have in common with these stories. I wish it weren't true. I wish it didn't make sense. But that's what I keep coming back to. That's the thing that makes the most sense in my mind. I truly believe that that night we were abducted and put back in the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Listen and subscribe to Radio Rental today. We're currently on our ninth season, so new episodes are dropping weekly right now. Hope you enjoy