Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Fix.
Speaker 2: You and I make decisions every day, but on Prize Picks, being right can get you paid. Don't miss any of the excitement this season on Prize Picks, where it's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Week three of football was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Those block field goals that were turned for touchdowns by the both jetson Eagles were crazy. Jalen Hurson the offense really showed up too. Don't get me started on Jonathan Taylor and the dye. They had a day. Making picks on Prize Picks is simple. Be sure to check out the app for upcoming games, which players are going off, which players aren't. Prize Picks is the best way to win cash this football season. Make your picks in less than sixty seconds and turn your takes into cash all season long on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is the best place to win cash while watching sports. Join millions of users and sign up today. Download the app. Use code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 3: It's good to be right right.
Speaker 2: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Kansas City Chiefs get their first victory by the score of twenty two to nine over the New York Giants as they fall to oh and three. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Shark, my partner and co hosts. That's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, ottery pro bowler, former All Pro. He's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast cast from Ocho and I would like to thank each and every one of you for listening, for downloading and spreading Nightcap through word of mouth, because thanks to you, we've been able to become so successful. So I want to personally thank you again from the Nightcap family for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. If you cannot find Shade by Laportier in a city or a state near you. Order it online, we'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium bssupe Kanyak on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Please go follow my media company page on all of his platforms.
Speaker 1: That's Shape Shape Media.
Speaker 2: Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is also pinned in the chat. So let's get right into it. Oh shoe, the Chiefs beat the Giants. Patrick Mahomes did enough. He is twenty two to thirty seven, two twenty four passing yards, one touchdowns, no interception. But hey, they didn't make a whole lot of plays, but they made the plays that matter. Pikwon Thornton is starting to become his favorite receiver.
Speaker 1: You can understand that. The only thing I had a problem with.
Speaker 2: He's tried to do things with Tae Kwon Underwood, and Taekwon Underwood has only been there three four months.
Speaker 1: Don't you would do with a veteran receiver?
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, listen, somebody got to answer the call. We've been talking about the same thing the past three weeks, no receivers, nobody to throw too. So I like the fact that he has trust in Taekwon Thornton. That's why he's throwing in the ball. He's throwing it to him for a reason.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not talking about No, I'm not talking about throwing to him.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: No, he's the one that's stepping up.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about He had a player I think it was what third down and he had They ran like they ran like a smash concept, and the guy was in the flat wide open, and he threw it because the guy started coming up that was over him. He saw the guy and what you call him one pull up, so he went to him and Mahon and Mahons threw it. That's something you and Carson have to being together five or second years. That got disappear as old Joe, get your head around right now, but put it on you. Yes, that's not that's something you build up over the course of it. No, I ain't got no problem because he's making hell of a place for him and it seems to me he has he has.
Speaker 1: The most confidence in him. Nah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you saw this, but you saw the third quarter on that third and six. You saw who ran the option route, Yes, sir, no A Great, it wasn't Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Travis kelce came back and ranted again though what you call the whip when y'all well and come back out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he came back and ran it at some other time.
Speaker 4: But they have to do things like that and switching and switching positions or switching the route concepts with Noah Great and Travis kelce because they know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: They know what he's doing it.
Speaker 4: Most of the time he's getting covered, he's getting frustrated not being able to get the ball.
Speaker 5: He got into it.
Speaker 4: Andy Reid on the sideline again again, I'm probably probably being frustrated about not putting in positions to make some of the players or whatnot. But listen, that happens. I mean, that happened. That's a part of football. I mean, un I'm sure knowing you you probably haven't got in the altercationions like that with your coaches.
Speaker 5: But it happened from time to time, especially.
Speaker 4: In sports, when when the player gets frustrated and they have a relationship with a coach like that, stuff like that happens.
Speaker 5: I got a question for you real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throwing this.
Speaker 2: From mm Hmmay he went to Bayline, I think he.
Speaker 4: Would, but he from Doying here in Miami. Yeah, booge t Washington High School. Yes, sir, yes, sir, Yes, let me start.
Speaker 2: He's coming on strong because he's making plays and maybe because he's healthy. Maybe they're giving him opportunities. But New England's probably watching this game like we never saw any of that.
Speaker 4: Oh but listen, you got to know how to use your players. You got, yes, give you give him the right opportunity to put him a position to make those players. Hell, goddamn my homes went to him deep, back to back like it's god damn seven on seven.
Speaker 2: He got to because he's gonna make a player. He's the only guy that can really make a play on the ball. On that last play, Hollywood Brown, you know where the ball is. You stop, let the dB run up your back, get a penalty. You don't keep running when you see the ball on the thrown. Oho, that's when you slow down. Let the guy run over you. They throw the flag. That's what you're supposed to do. These guys have been receivers far too long to make the most to not understand this at this point of their career.
Speaker 1: I understand, yes.
Speaker 2: The ball was underthrown, but that's when you helped your quarterback out because you know it's underthrown.
Speaker 1: The DV didn't have his head around. He doesn't know it's underthrown.
Speaker 2: So now if you slow down, his momentum is gonna run over you and the official is gonna throw the flag.
Speaker 1: But I like, I like Taekwon Thornton.
Speaker 2: He's trying to high point the ball, he's trying to make plays on the ball. But it was oh Jo the first half. This was terrible. This was a terrible. This was a terrible game to watch. I was like, damn, it was the snool Fest.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was the snool Fest, honestly, And I don't know at what point I like that Taekwon Thornton showed up tonight. Obviously, Holmes is probably gonna continue to target him because he's built up trush, he's built up trust.
Speaker 5: With him and Taekwan.
Speaker 4: I know you're gonna see this when opportunities like this for theyself and the door opens, close that motherfucker behind you. Please close it behind you, because you can get you as as the season continue to progress, They're gonna find ways and put you in positions to make plays based on what you're able to do tonight.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, o Joe.
Speaker 2: And uh, like I said, sometimes, Ojoe is a situation where a quarter you have a quarterback, Yeah, and you have a you have a system that's conducive to what you do. Then let him stretch the field. He ran four two. You just can't run him on stop rouse, You just can't run him on comeback. Send him down the field on the nine balls, send him on the field on the deep posts, send him on the far across. And so maybe he's just getting an opportunity. Maybe he's healthy, maybe he's dealt with some injuries in New England, whatever the case may be. But he's been a bright spot for the Kansas City Chiefs offensively. That it's still it's you know and Mahomes. It's not like Mahons is playing great. He's missing some throws too. Now because I don't want what people say, well yet, yeah, I understand, yes he doesn't have the elitist of receivers, but he's missing some throws that he normally would make. Yeah, and and and we're not used to seeing. We've gotten accustomed to seeing, you know, every year in the FC Championship game and the great throws and all these touchdowns and the MVP's and he hasn't played well. Yes, he hasn't played well. Defensively, they did an unbelievable job tonight, help them to what.
Speaker 4: Nine points, matter of fact, not only holding the live points. And this is this, I'm not calling Spags. I'm not calling Spags Bill Belichick by by any means. But Spags does a wonderful job when he goes into a game and they say, you know what we taking away? We taking number one away.
Speaker 5: He's not going to beat us a matter of fact, based on what he did last week against the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: He's not catching any deep balls or being productive and being a reason why the Giants even have a chance to win this game. And believe, Neighbors did a hell of a job for one not getting frustrated, two not cutting up on the sideline, because Spags, no matter what, you are not going to beat us tonight.
Speaker 2: No, I just I don't know. I'm not going to run the same defense. I just want to shut him out in the first half. But see what I want to do is take away early. Yeah, because now once I take you away the first half, now you're not in a rhythm. I need the feel. I need to touch the ball. The football needs to touch my hand, oh Joe early, in order for me to get into a rhythm, in order for me to feel like I'm being a participant in this ball game and that you guys believe that I could, that I can help you win the game. Now you spread it all around as you so, oh, we're gonna spread the ball around.
Speaker 1: And then you come third, late, third, fourth quarter? Hey, what you got on? Yo? I ain't got nothing, But I had a lot in the first half. I ain't got nothing.
Speaker 4: Now, Hey, that's one of the worst feelings.
Speaker 1: I tell me.
Speaker 4: I don't think people understand. You're going to a game plan. You practice Wednesday, you practice Thursday, you practice Friday, Friday, you look at it, you look at the first team, scripted plays. You know, going to the game, you feel about yourself. Okay, I got a chance to get the ball here. Yeah, okay, oh, or I like this play here. I'm glad we got this died up. You get into the game, you will into the third quarter. He ain't touch the ball yet, like I mean, hello, if I'm not mistaken, Elie nighbors to catch the ball to the.
Speaker 1: Third, fourth quarter fourth I thanked the fourth.
Speaker 5: Come on, he out there run the Boston Marathon.
Speaker 2: Hey, got some great cardio. I on need to come in. I only need to come in on Monday and run the sword this side. I got my sword this out and that's the thing, Oh Joe. Then you come out late third quarter? Hey, keep you heading the game, man, I'm thinking about what I'm gonna order the knife for dinner. Man, you talking about this game? Man, y'all done bull drive me all day, and now y'all gonna talk about keep my head in the game. Man, I'm thinking about this grilled chicken and right from black Eyed p or these rolls with honey butter. Man ain't man, I'm done with y'all. Y'all done tried this bull jive all day.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna go Wednesday Thursday. Hey, it's my time to take a break and the backups to come in on.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey eighty four, we want we want this. Hey, this is gonna be your play. Got me all geeked up? Man, I come and come sunny, y'all pull this bullgyve badly. May y'all been to get out my faith for I start cursing everybody.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, it's it's so funny because I can envision it because I've been through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it, Oh my goodness, man. And then you just realized, like, hey man, you know what it is?
Speaker 1: What it is?
Speaker 2: It was the It was the games that I did not like the week of practice. You know, I catch one of two balls in here, like okay, it's gonna be one of those days.
Speaker 1: And then that's what that was.
Speaker 2: That was the week that they turned that they turned it loose, and the week that they feed you all these balls.
Speaker 1: You tired and everything.
Speaker 2: You don't do nothing, you don't, you don't, you don't get any plays. But I think the thing is is that and sometimes you're the last to realize it. Kansas City realized that Kelsey is not the same. If you notice they throwing that ball to Noah great an awful lot, Oh Joe, Yeah, yeah, they throwing it to him an awful lot, and he's getting frustrated, and I understand it because he's like, I'm still I'm still Kelsey.
Speaker 1: On the back. I'm still big time player, but.
Speaker 2: It's it's harder and harder, and and you know, homes a lot of times it might be his play call, but Mahoon's getting flushed.
Speaker 4: We're getting pressure, yeah, most of the time. And you know it might be happening too that we can't see most of the time. The players that would norly be for Kelsey, they might be putting No A Grey in there. They might be for Masons and having no great run those plays. Understanding that well, you know what, it's time to beat him out. It is trying to beat him out little by little. It's what they do to all the greats. It's what they do to all the greats when they think about putting the pooping the cop and Cooper Cup Coople cup flash year in La.
Speaker 5: Who got all the balls? All of a sudden, All of a sudden, you go from a triple crown winner to now someone new comes in.
Speaker 4: Now they're putting him in all the positions in the balls you used to get.
Speaker 5: True, it's the same thing going over and going over there in KC.
Speaker 4: You know is he's lashing out about it, and he's getting frustrated about it, and.
Speaker 2: He got and he got frustrated because Andy buked him.
Speaker 1: And that ain't that ain't had to be. Red ain't normally like that because you remember last time Red just took.
Speaker 2: It like no reds and I ain't. I ain't going for this. They needed they needed this. No me, Honestly, I've never gotten into it. You know, I've always tried to be mindful, knowing the cameras on oh ya, you know, excuse me. If I got a problem with my position coach, cool with my offensive coordinator, Matt Cavanaugh, with my offensive coordinator, you know, ay, I will.
Speaker 1: See y'all on Monday. I'll be up on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: If I got a problem with something, if I had a problem with the coach, I'll handle it then.
Speaker 1: But nah, not not to cause no scene.
Speaker 2: I tried, and I was really good at that of not causing a scene with my coaches on the sideline understanding who I was, and it was gonna be even if it was nothing, it was gonna get more than actually what it was. So let me just let me just try to be you know, discretion is the best part.
Speaker 1: Of out and keep it down.
Speaker 2: And then behind closed doors, I'll say, hey, bro, I need y'all, X, Y and Z. But I've tried, you know, I tried to do that, and when guys would get upsets, like bro, hey, there's gonna be the time of the place for all that. Let's get behind closed doors and then we can have that. You can have that discussion or we can have that discussion. But everybody, but it's not always like that.
Speaker 1: O yo.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes that thing that spill just spells out you just not so forstrate enough of this bullgey. Now have I thrown my helmet? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I've done it in practice and on a Sunday on the sideline. I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: And I've always had coaches I'm not I'm not saying Hugh Jackson was like Mike Mike Thomlin, but I respected him so much. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 4: It just it just wouldn't feel right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh oh Joe, Yo, We're gonna talk about this a little later.
Speaker 5: I know, huh.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones looking real Indiana Jones, Hey boy, but what did that?
Speaker 4: What I told you yesterday? This reminds me. This reminds me Baker Mayfield and Cleveland. I'm gonna tell you again, Sam Donald in New York, not being in the right system, not having the right pieces around you, and all of a sudden getting to a team with God damn, I could deal with this. Okay, this, this fits me. Matter of fact, they actually.
Speaker 5: Want me.
Speaker 4: Unfortunate circumstances because they didn't believe in Anthony Richardson. But oh, I'm in the right place now, now look at me. Oh, it's no problems with Danny Dives.
Speaker 5: He editioned he running.
Speaker 4: I mean the coach look good on My surprise team this season was the Bears and the Panthers. Well, the Bears in the Panthers one today side of the first two weeks to look abysmal.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I should have put the Colts in that.
Speaker 4: You should have should have put the Coats in a group of teams that are gonna surprise people this year because they going crazy.
Speaker 1: They look really good.
Speaker 2: Uh, he got a good group around him that got they got a very decent offensive line.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, O Joe, New York.
Speaker 2: You and I both know we've never played in New York where we understand the media of the scrutiny that comes along with playing in New York, and he struggled early, and then he had that one season. He gets the contract and he struggles again, and it's it's hard. I mean it's hard. It's hard to have be hard of hearing and because they write what they write and even if you don't see it, somebody you know did see it and they send it to you or they tell you about it, and it gets hard. He's in India now, Yeah, And I think the biggest thing is Ojo. He doesn't have the expectations where you're the what top on the top, top pick and you're going in New York.
Speaker 1: He was supposed to be the savior and so when it doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's the wrong place. They have to be the savior in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Hold on with them tabloids, with them newspapers.
Speaker 1: With that fan base and the expectation.
Speaker 2: That's the Giants, man, Please, They've been playing football since the twenties and uh.
Speaker 5: They don't. They don't play.
Speaker 4: Their expectations are very, very high, very than to be the quarterback too, To be quarterback number one in New York, whether it's the Jets or the Giants, you got to have thick skin, yes, to have very thick skin and have everything going one ear and out the other. Eli Manning was really good at it.
Speaker 5: Yes, we was really really good at it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe. It was about time for us to have this discussion.
Speaker 5: What whaten Russ?
Speaker 2: Oh, you know it's coming. You know it's coming. O Joe, you know it's coming too.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, man, come on, come on, man, let me Hey, we talk about God's child now, Hey, talk about god child.
Speaker 2: Look like God like Jackson. God might be favoring Jackson dark more.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But when you think about it, oh Joe, you know when they start putting that quarterback in there and giving him plays, you know, it's on the matter of time.
Speaker 1: They did that.
Speaker 4: They did that week one.
Speaker 5: Now they did that.
Speaker 4: We won too. They had small packs for him just to get just to get him acclimated, get him.
Speaker 5: Get him in.
Speaker 1: Have you seen their schedule?
Speaker 4: It don't get no easier.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: They got the Eagle, They got the Eagles twice, They got the Broncos, the Chargers.
Speaker 1: The only game, the.
Speaker 2: Only game that's part that looks like it might be winnable, but it's on the road.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 5: The Saints, Well, hold on, wait, a minute.
Speaker 4: Hold on, They're going into a gauntlet of very difficult games. They got this right.
Speaker 5: The Saints might be the old only winnable game.
Speaker 4: Would you want to make a Swiss to Jackson Dart and put him under fire against the you're getting ready to go against the Eagles defense. Hey, you don't want you know, man, don't kill a kid confidence already. This ain't This ain't the preseason.
Speaker 1: I understand that.
Speaker 4: And you understand the way teams are gonna dial up defenses. You with a rookie quarterback. What's the first thing they're gonna do? Oh man?
Speaker 5: Sitting the house at him?
Speaker 4: Confusing?
Speaker 5: Confusing?
Speaker 2: The question is how long can he keep the natives at bay the fan base, the team, how long can he keep him at bay?
Speaker 1: Ojo?
Speaker 2: Because you take that you took this guy in the first round, and everybody saw how well he played in the preseason. Forget that it's not the regular season. People don't care about that. They saw what he did in the preseason, and so it offered them hope you oh Ojo, you know you've been not with a Sometimes hey, you might not get a four course meal, but sometimes you know, some bread and water and some Rice do miracles. There might not be no no Porterhouse, and it might not be no Wagou.
Speaker 1: Or no tamahawk.
Speaker 2: Right right, hey, it offers you something, some nervoush man, it offers you some.
Speaker 5: Hope, right right right?
Speaker 1: Does Jackson dark open?
Speaker 2: And I think you look at Russ numbers and I'm like, you go last week and you pray you throw for the second most yards of your career, four hundred and fifty yards.
Speaker 1: It was the bad turnovers though, O Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the key every time, Yes, But obviously that turnover towards the end of the towards the end of the game that went high.
Speaker 5: I think he was trying to throw the corner out to neighbors.
Speaker 1: Remember he got hit.
Speaker 5: He got hit.
Speaker 4: It still goes off, it still is did it as an interception by him?
Speaker 5: But other factors go into those things. Yeah, I think how many? How many would you give them before they make a change? What you think?
Speaker 2: Well, being you had a bit over under eight, I said it's gonna be under eight, You said it'll be over Yeah, I'm I'm sticking with my I think they make a quarterback change Chad being arrested to do. But I think it's gonna be I definitely think it's going to be under eight weeks before they gonna make a change.
Speaker 4: O Joe Damn Man. Hold On, I need a chestick, but my lip feel like pous.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be very interesting, I think. I think, you know, look.
Speaker 2: The combination of Daniel Jones looking so good, and maybe that's a diatment chat.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's an indictment on Brian day Ball.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's not the whisper that we thought he was, but he had such success. What happened was is that he went to Buffalo and Buffalo had such success, and he had such success with Josh Allen. Come to find out, Josh Allen was gonna have success with anybody because look at he wasn't the MVP, and and if offensive coordinator that he had success with it wasn't there. So that's not the discredit that Brian day Ball, because yes, he he has a good offensive mind. But for whatever reason, it's not translating Russ and Malik neighbors like, hold On, I had worst quarterbacks last year. Look at my numbers, because that's what Oh, you have a receiver. All I can go by is like I don't care what you did at Seattle, Denver, at Pittsburgh. What are you doing here? Because look at my numbers what I had last year. Look at the quarterbacks. I had a Tommy DeVito and some of the guys that I had, and I had one hundred and twelve catches.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you got to understand too. Also, you're a rookie. You're a rookie, so you're playing a seventeen game season. We don't care what you did at LSU.
Speaker 5: The coordinats ain't gonna respect you.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to approve yourself to us before you give it, before we give you the kind of attention you get. Now, see it's different now. One of the things, one of the testaments that makes a great receiver is not what you do your rookie year, is being able to do what you do week in and week out when they know you coming. You've arrived. Now, now you still got to be able to keep up that that that that same work, that same production.
Speaker 1: And give me give me a.
Speaker 2: The giant schedule the next the next seven weeks, next eight weeks, give me it just the next eight weeks, eight nine weeks. I think they got the Chargers next week. I think they're on the road at the Chargers.
Speaker 5: And that don't make it no better. That'll make it. That don't make it no better.
Speaker 1: But you're definitely right on't you.
Speaker 2: They got their they got their work cut out for, They got their work cut out for.
Speaker 1: You know, Philly.
Speaker 2: They got Philly with in a span twice in the span of a month.
Speaker 1: Damn, she put it up. Hold on, gods, I want to read your their schedule. Oh, here it is.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're after Chargers next week, then they're at the Saints, They're home against the Eagles, at the Broncos, at the Eagles. So they got the Eagles in the back to in the span of three weeks, they got the Eagles.
Speaker 1: So here's their schedule.
Speaker 2: Chargers, Saints, Eagles, Broncos, Eagles, Niners, Bears, Packers, Lions.
Speaker 4: Ooh, now, who the hell gave him that schedule. I'm not talking about the division games. I'm talking about outside of that.
Speaker 1: Hey for show? Uh w that's a and so.
Speaker 2: Next five So the Chargers, Saints, Eagles, Broncos Eagles. That's the next five weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, they probably well.
Speaker 4: Listen, I give them. They could beat the Saints and they could beat the Broncos, so I give them two games out of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, beat the beat the Broncos, and beat the Charge.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying. I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: The Eagles beat the Rams by the score of thirty three twenty six. The last time the Eagles blocked two field goals in a single game September twenty first, nineteen seventy five against the Giants. Fifty years to the day, history repeated itself, though this time it was a walk off winner. Los Angeles Rams looked to be like World beat Us through the first half o Jo. The Eagles managed just thirty three yards, including negative one passing in the first half, their lowest output since twenty fifteen. However, the Eagles roared back, scoring twenty six unanswered points, and in the end, the Eagles managed to pass for more than two hundred yards the Rams on one hundred and ninety six. I think the Rams only had thirty three yards in the second half. The Rams fell apart in the game, and the week's second day was a big reason why.
Speaker 1: This is what the Eagle's gonna have to do. OJO. Teams are not gonna let sa Quan beat them. Hey, they're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Let sa Quan Beatlem And okay, go ahead, go ahead, No, go ahead, I want I will go I want to hear what you want to say.
Speaker 1: We go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was so excited. I was so excited watching this too. At the half, everybody everybody talking about, oh he got negative whatever it may be, and he might have been four to eight for seventeen yards. My tweet at two eighteen two eighteen at the half was, jalen Hurst will be able to prove himself with this arm this game, and that makes me happy, so he can quiet the doubters being behind it. The half can be a good thing. And I knew Patula was gonna have to come out. Stop running the ball, stop playing safe, because you're able to lean on the run to be able to throw when you want to.
Speaker 5: Because jalen Hurst can do what you ask of them when need be.
Speaker 4: And I knew in the second half they didn't have a choice but to put the ball in their correct jalen Hurst can do that the same way they did to get the Chiefs. The chief says fag said, we not letting Saquan beat us to the super bowl.
Speaker 5: What did Jalen Hurst do?
Speaker 4: Went to us?
Speaker 1: What he threw it?
Speaker 4: He threw it. He threw it. So people thinking I'm not to domic so I'm this damn prophet because of what I said.
Speaker 5: Because they were down nineteen or whatever.
Speaker 4: They was down in the half. But I knew it was gonna happen. The defense is already The defense is already good enough.
Speaker 5: The defense is already good enough. All they have to do and Petula have to call plays for.
Speaker 4: Aj goddamn Hercules Brown and Davante small Man Smitty and you're gonna be all right, But just get him the ball. It's not that hard. It's not that hard.
Speaker 1: It's yeah.
Speaker 2: Jay Hurst was twenty one of thirty two two twenty six, three touchdowns, no interceptions. Sa Kwan was eighteen rushes forty six yards, but it was AJ Brown in the second half. He had six ketches for a bucko nine and a touchdown on ten targets. Davonte Smith had eight for sixty and a touchdown.
Speaker 1: I have a question, Yeah, go ahead, how come?
Speaker 5: And so it's so funny.
Speaker 4: Uh, In the second half, I came back and I followed up on a tweet and said Listen. I told y'all what jennen Hurst was gonna do. But Tula called a great second half, and then all the people's all the all the English fans like man Petula ain't called nothing. Jennen Hurst was calling them plays. I mean, listen, here's the officer coordinated credit. Give him credit. Y'all, y'all don't like his play calling. You didn't like it, speaking didn't like it the week before, but they continue.
Speaker 5: To win the games.
Speaker 4: That was his play calling. I think he can trust Jalen Hurts to be able to do something a little different outside of what they normally do.
Speaker 5: Matter of fact, open up the goddamn game with the pass.
Speaker 4: Why can't you play the second half in the first like you did the second half in the first half, or why not play like that all four quarters?
Speaker 2: It'd be interested, you know, you ask yourself, like why we're gonna do that? Sometimes you're in desperation, and when you desperate, you you know, you you resort and then you throw the ball and you get the ball to your best players. They should always try to get the ball to aj Briden and Devonte Smith. But for whatever reason, a they hard headed, they're gonna run the football and do all this other stuff. And then when the rubber needs to meet the road, you got two playmakers like, you know what, let's go ahead and put the ball in that playmaker's hands. And they did that to day and it was it was, it was, it was beneficial. Davante Adams, who loved to have one of those balls back. He had blanket ship beat again for a touchdown and he let it, let it slide through, and you know, got blocked and the kicker, you kicked it low the first time they've blocked it.
Speaker 1: You kicked it low again and they blocked it again. I don't know if he kicked it low, but he.
Speaker 2: Got so much push up was like damn George Davids was damn near in his lap.
Speaker 4: You also, you got to think, depending on how far back they were for the kick, you got the choice but to hit it low, could you hit it high? You're not gonna get the distance.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, I don't think it was, but like a forty something yard kick, it might have been forty five yards with the kicking legs today, Oh Joe, that should be a that's that's a chip shot. You know, the back of the day, it's twenty five yard, that's a chip shot. Forty forty to forty five yards, that's a chip shot field goal. Because the guys now they driving his ball. I mean they kicking the ball now. I mean most kickers are good from about fifty at least fifty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. I got a question too on that special teams. The people that's hopping over the guard and the tackle, as long as they don't touch the guard to tackle or.
Speaker 2: Impede them long, you don't get leverage long if you jump up, if you leave your feet, you cannot lie, you can't you can't brace off it, or you can't land.
Speaker 5: On okay okokoka.
Speaker 4: Well, honestly, all you got to do is put a small guy there. All you got to put some put somebody small that that that that's athletic, and they can get to the goddamn field go down there every time.
Speaker 2: Well, what they did is they looked like they lined the two Georgia boards up next to each other and they just rooted the guard up out of it. They drove him back and George Davis got his hands up and he blocked it. It's rare that you see the the guy that block it is. That lets you know how just how much penetration he got, because not only did he block it.
Speaker 1: He scooped it up and ran it back.
Speaker 5: Normally the guy.
Speaker 2: That blocks it, O Joe is one of the wings or somebody like that that's coming around the edge. You got so much penetration. Not only did he block it, he scooped his scowred and he running too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, he was moving money.
Speaker 1: He has They read almost nineteen miles an hour.
Speaker 4: But Jordan Davis about what three hundred pounds, ain't he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: He probably about three, probably about three twenty three twenty five, because you know, at one point in time at Georgia, but he lost weight because he knows in order for him to make the money that he wants to make, can't just be He just can't be a one down, two down player first and second. Now he's turned himself into a three down player. Now they leave his ass in there on third down. He can can laugh the pocket, he can sack the quarterback. Now he's like, hey, eagle, y'all gonna pay me if somebody gonna pay me, because I want some big bucks and no WAMIs I love to see that for the young man because he was a he's still a huge man. But now he's turned himself. He got himself in condition that he can play more than twenty thirty snaps a game.
Speaker 1: You can see now you see the difference here.
Speaker 2: And if I'm big dads, cause you know reports are the Tampa Bay is thinking about bringing Dad's back, Well he might be. I was reading that he might. But if I'm if I'm if I'm das, I reached out to Jordan David said say, man, what you do man? Because man, you lost like forty fifty pounds.
Speaker 1: Man, what you do? How you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And because Jordan David said, you know what, I just don't want I don't want to be a two down player. And two down players don't make as much money as three down players. And I want to make it as much money as I possibly can. I'm in a great situation and I want to get paid. And the young man is playing his ass off. He's rushing the pass us. We know he can stop you run. Yeah, he's a mountain of he's a mammoth.
Speaker 1: Of a man.
Speaker 2: And but now he's turned himself into a three down player.
Speaker 1: O Joe the sky's the limit.
Speaker 2: But the Eagles score twenty six unanswered points and they come back and win the ball game by the what twenty nine, twenty seven, twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hey, listen, that's what the top five quarterback does.
Speaker 5: That's the Eagles quarterback does that. Stats. Stats are cool, numbers are cool, and it looks good, but with like would like.
Speaker 4: Say, when the rubber, when the rubber meets the road and you need and you need something done like coming back like buttulan Jayalen Hirst just did in that second half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what the top five quarterback does.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you see what happened on the touch push got the guard left early again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: They gotta get their time together. They gotta get their time together.
Speaker 1: They officials gotta call it.
Speaker 4: Oh they didn't call it today.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't. The guard was clearly gone.
Speaker 5: Oh I was listening with no sound. It wasn't no sound where I was at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, uh because the guy the guard, the guy the guard is moving early. Yeah, And that's what I mean. It's already an advantage because you get to aid the runner. But in that situation like that, I think, I think, I think they're gonna end up they gonna end up banning it.
Speaker 1: The to push yep.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it has I don't think it has anything to do with uh, you know, being the risk for injury goes up. Hell, the risk of injuries there on every damn play if your offensive defensive lineman, because that's all y'all do his bang. Y'all, Look, we get to take a playoff. Hell, if it's a run the other way, we can run off, or we can just pretend like we trying to cut you off with ay, were you in the offensive defensive line when.
Speaker 1: You bang every damn play yet?
Speaker 4: Pause?
Speaker 1: Oh chuck.
Speaker 2: A week after the Giants, Russell Wilson threw for four hundred and fifty yards and three scores. Kayler Williams lit up the Cowboys secondary more tds five touchdown passes against Dallas has allowed of twenty five yards or more leads the NFL. Kayler Williams is the first player with two hundred and twenty five plus passing yards and three or more passing touchdowns in any half this season.
Speaker 1: Jerry Jones still believe.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys are a playoff caliber team despite the one and two start Okay, they can't get up, they can't get to the quarterback.
Speaker 4: I told you, I told you about Kayler Williams. All y'all that was talking trashing body. I told you give him some time. Give him some time. It's your tool, Ben Josh just got there a lot of creativity set in. It's like your first date, unk. When you go on your first date, you gotta get to know each other. You got to find out what each other like. I gotta understand what you can and what you can't do. Okay, you like this, Okay, this works? Okay, Okay, you want me to open the conduct for you, Okay, when you want me to order first, Okay, I'm gonna wait till your food get here. Like all the little small things, all the little tiny nuance is unk and then when it all comes together and it starts to message, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Because today it was a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: Hunkh The every trick play work, Damn there, the running a burg Kaylyn Willie was accurate, he was sharp. I've down the field the whole time. I mean it was beautiful and now and most people say, all relaxed. They was playing the cowboys all relaxed. They was playing the Cowboys. Hey, well that's Jerry's fault. He let one of the best pastors, if not the best, pass ushul go and said his team got better. He said it defense got better. Well, basically when we saw today, I think that might have been a lie CD lamb.
Speaker 5: I hope you're okay, boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew that with bad it looked like a high ankle spring because I've had my had my role like that inside.
Speaker 1: Who that thing hurt? That than hurt?
Speaker 2: Caleb Williams nineteen or twenty eight, two ninety eight, four touchdowns, It was unbelievable. Luther Burton the third three catches one hundred and one one touchdown, Roma Doons eight three for sixty two touchdown, DJ Moore four for twenty one a touchdown. But as a cowboy, y'all not gonna win it. Y'all not gonna win the game with four turnovers. Who y'all think y'all gonna be? With Doc Turnon throwing two packs, Milton throwing the pick, and then Javonte Wieve had the guy just take the ball out of his hand from behind.
Speaker 5: And that was a good play too, though Hella.
Speaker 1: The play hell of a play. Hell of a play, hell of a play. It was. It absolutely was.
Speaker 5: It a really good play.
Speaker 1: It might be a long seaton for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I could have told you that. I could have told you that when the man wanted to be in the guy damn front of the camera all the goddamn time. Hope let the players play.
Speaker 1: They better hope CD come back soon. They see he come back. A sapinks fray.
Speaker 4: He might be he man be out for a week, maybe a week if I mean, if if that, because.
Speaker 1: The thing is O your bad. Look you a receiver, bro. You gotta be full speed.
Speaker 2: You can't be hobbling, no at all, you can't. You can't, especially he'll slot. So you got to be able to play, stop, cut and change ther rection. You got to be able to do all that.
Speaker 5: And that's bread and butter. That's bread and butter TOAC.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean being able to get the ball and react, change directions. There's a lot of movement all that. So I mean, I give maybe a week. I think you missed a week at most.
Speaker 2: And guess what happened today? What they kept kempt Caleb Williams clean. He didn't get sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, Now I hear the guy they got sacked six day times. He had got sacked.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, he had got sacked the second or third most times of any the second or third most sacks in the season by a quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look at the team. Look at it. He had gotten sacked this year. Cowboys getting to get him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wonder why I think the one the one person who could have got sacked today. I think he agreed, may if I'm not mistaken. But but let the only telling he said they got better. I mean that those were his words.
Speaker 2: Nobody believe that you don't let your best players go and get better. Now eventually, but no, it's gonna take some while. It's gonna take some time because you gotta get You have got to be able to put pressure on the quarterback, because everybody can put pressure on your quarterback. So the Cowboys a the Eagles. They got the Eagles again. They got the Commanders. Uh, the Giants played them tough. But you know, it's interesting to see what their schedule is gonna look like the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because ain't.
Speaker 2: Nobody really, ain't nobody trying to hear that he mister playoffs again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's only week three. Now, we got we got a long way to go.
Speaker 5: We got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: After Joe Burrow went that last week on the show, the Bingles insisted they wouldn't panic. They believe Jake Brown and could run their offense. Well, Bingles might need to call facts about those first cousin. Now, the Facus say, nah, after we what we saw today, Carolina, We're gonna hold on the first cousin. We might make hey, we might make him. Make it my permittent member of the family. Uh oh, Yoe, talk to me, y'all. Got the doves blown up, y'all.
Speaker 4: We got a built the ass. Huh Hey, listen, good dad, Hey, Belt asked, I could be honest.
Speaker 5: I could be honest.
Speaker 4: I know I got a lot of Vikings fans in here. You know I I showed you love today. I talked to a little trash.
Speaker 5: I talked. I talked a little trash.
Speaker 4: Somebody somebody tweeted out, give me one team that's guaranteed to lose to day.
Speaker 5: Guess who I tweeted out?
Speaker 4: The Vikings. So listen, I thought we was gonna win. I was feeling good. I fit, I felt good. I personally felt good about Jake Browning being able to lead a Bengals to victory today. Obviously, things didn't go the way I'd expected him. They didn't go the way I expected him. Interceptions, fumbles and before I before even go into the game, before I even go to the game, goddamn Isaiah Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Rodgers defensive player of the week.
Speaker 4: Hey boy, you defensive player of the month, because I don't think nobody else gonna pull none of that off what I saw today.
Speaker 5: Boy, you was all over the place.
Speaker 4: Boy, you was all over the place.
Speaker 5: Boy, you need to change the number two, the number from two to one, big one, because.
Speaker 2: You had allays or he had three forced turnovers, two touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Hey un by Isaiah, But Isaiah Rodgers, boy, I salute you. Boy, you was the real deal to day boy on Madden, I got you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take care of you. I'm gonna take care of you.
Speaker 4: And obviously, listen, the better backup for the better backup quarterback played well today on he played Obviously having turnovers didn't help didn't help us either, But I mean they whooped us up on fan square.
Speaker 1: Ain't turnover y'all had or yo, huh, y'all have five turnovers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I ain't making no excuses. I ain't making no excuses.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Wins was fourteen to twenty with two touchdowns. Jordan Mason had sixteen rushes one hundred and sixteen yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: T J.
Speaker 2: Hogginson had a touchdown. Josh Oliver had a touchdown. Josh Justin had five for seventy five.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, what we had with my receivers had with Chasing and.
Speaker 6: T had Chase had five for fifty. Okay, he had one for fifteen. Okay, okay. Sometimes you have games like this. Sometimes you have games like this. My grandma always told me it would be days like this. Sometimes the rapt got the gun. Sometimes you got the gun. Today the Vikings put belt ass. But we'll see you again.
Speaker 4: We would see getting I'm not gonna say we lost because Joe Burrow is out. Injuries are part of the game. It's a part of football. Next man up, we got whooped to day? Back to the drawing board. Who we got next week? Ash? Who we got next week?
Speaker 2: The thirty four to three halftime deficit tar tied for the largest in Bengals history, sincin that it was down thirty one nothing to the Lions in nineteen seventy. They became a team ladies and gentlemen in nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. No, that's not necessary to bring that up.
Speaker 4: It's not necessary to bring.
Speaker 1: We gotta let them know how. You let them know how y'all stunk it up today.
Speaker 5: That's not necessary. That's not necessary at all.
Speaker 1: It ain't looking good for y'all all I know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Hold on, who we got next?
Speaker 5: Who we got next?
Speaker 1: Broncos? Wait?
Speaker 4: Who got the Broncos next? What were playing at in Denver? Oh ship, damn see?
Speaker 1: I don't know that is that is that? Is that a Sunday night game? What? What game? Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that a national televise game? Because I want everybody to see us put in.
Speaker 4: Them whoa whoa woa, slow down, slow down.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: They don't don't write a check. That they ain't They ain't gonna be able to care because you ain't gonna be.
Speaker 2: Wrote the check in a while. As a matter of fact, that's the problem. Right now, you ain't wrote me my check.
Speaker 4: Listen to me.
Speaker 5: Listen to me.
Speaker 1: It's Monday night football.
Speaker 4: It might be a trap game. It might be a trap game. Don't get too excited now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we got your trap. That's Monday night football.
Speaker 4: Don't know it ain't because what play to Just play the.
Speaker 2: Dolphins Monday Night Football Bronc Bengals at thebron Gold next week.
Speaker 4: How is that possible? And the Dolphins player the Jets. I know I'm not tripping the Dolphin player. Huh, yes they do. I'm telling you as look at the schedule.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the schedule, y'all in trouble. Oh it's a double head on yep.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I might know. I'm not evenna say nothing. I'm not gonna say nothing because I'm not. Yeah, I'm not in a position to say nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Y'all got a tomics bomb dropped on y'all, and you're gonna talk about I ain't gonna say nothing. What can you say, y'all? Y'all, they had y'all down, They got fun. They should have even put a fifty piece on y'all. Yeah, I got a chance to put a fifty piece.
Speaker 4: They did, they did.
Speaker 5: But you gotta understand what. I'm not making no excuses. We gotta we gotta ask what. And that's all.
Speaker 2: Guess what. We're gonna do that to you. We're gonna go out there and putting that fifty piece on you.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold hold on, be careful, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna sprinkle you.
Speaker 4: Listen, Jake, Jake Browning, Jake Browning, he got his feet wet. He's been out there in a minute. He got his feet wet. Now, just because we lost and they they put up forty something moers a day, don't mean it. Denver Bronco will do it because y'all just got didn't y'all get Molly walk to day by the Chargers?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, walk off field goal?
Speaker 4: Hey, didn't y'all get Molly White back? If your team lost it that you shouldn't be able to say football ball while you're here city and talking about my bangles and y'all lost to.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all.
Speaker 4: Forty eight eight?
Speaker 1: Walking him a.
Speaker 4: Long time out of time, whether it's forty eight or whether it's three l is an l you.
Speaker 1: Lost, so you all l a created equal?
Speaker 5: Hey, matter of fact, it's created day, It's created equal. It's great you.
Speaker 1: Should y'all lost the walking to him, Hey.
Speaker 4: Do men favor?
Speaker 5: Don't say anything. Don't say foot or ball.
Speaker 4: The rest of the night.
Speaker 1: He guess what y'all about to catch another? Al?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: You want bet none?
Speaker 5: No, you will putting none on them.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm looking at this card.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, all right, all right, okay, look what kind of hold on? We know we know why we lost by that much.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say it because that don't make excuses, but we know why we lost. The Minnesota Vikers were the better team. Okay, Rogers, Isaiah Rodgers won that game, turning the ball over.
Speaker 1: They had points, y'all, y'all didn't have to let him score.
Speaker 2: Okay, they got okay, they got fourteen, they got twelve, They got fourteen points? Where they getting their other thirty four from Isaiah Rodgers?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, no, Isaiah Rodgers gave him fourteen? Where they getting the other thirty four?
Speaker 4: Listen, Isaiah Rodgers was playing so well.
Speaker 5: I mean he boosted the team around.
Speaker 2: Woa whoa whoa got with Jackson is Isaiah Rodgers won the game.
Speaker 5: That's all. That's all I got to say.
Speaker 4: He's all I wanted, He's all I want to talk about. I just want to talk about him because he just he won the game.
Speaker 2: Last time I heard somebody say Jake so many times that when I was watching Train to Day, Jake, Jake, I won't get that money.
Speaker 1: Jake with lazo lavo with uh uh uh what do you call him? Shot him? Shot him in his butt?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, that's a classic boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh ja, y'all in trouble.
Speaker 4: No, No, we're gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine. I guarantee you next week. You know what I don't like. This is the one thing I do hate. I'm gonna see. I'm gonna be serious right now. Is obviously the playbook. It shrinks significantly when you go from Joe Burrow to Jay Browning, because there are things that Joe Burrow is great at. There's a reason why he's, you know, top five quarterbacks in the NFL, and you go to your backup quarterback and there's certain things that that that Joe can do that Jake can and and I think it's it's it's very stressful for Zach Taylor as well, because you can't call the same plays that you would for Joe Burrow with Jake Browning.
Speaker 5: And it limits, it limits, you know, the play calling.
Speaker 4: And I hate that for us. I hate that for for us offensively. I hate that for us as fans. And what I think, what I think Zach should do is we should throw the whole kitchen sink at Jake Browning. Just pretend liking Joe and run the same goddamn plays, same offense.
Speaker 5: Just just just put put it on the plate. We ain't got nothing to lose. What's that.
Speaker 1: Me? Oh Joe?
Speaker 5: But that's your chat.
Speaker 2: Y'all heard this man say he's not gonna make excuses, And what did he do? He just turned around and say two minutes of making excuses. Man, you know the playbook shrink, the playbook shrink.
Speaker 4: You know you know you know that. No, I'm just I'm just giving the people that's listening. I'm giving them insight to to one of one of the reasons why we looked the way we did.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 4: I gave the bike his credit. I gave a biking credit. Carson wentz hell of a job. You know, I'm back to Isaiah. That's why they wanted to. Hey, somebody tweets Isaiah Rodgers telling give me what I say, play like a raven.
Speaker 1: Now, I wonder if I how can you get one of these?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: I I you know, I don't like that. I don't I don't like that. What don't you like the fact that you continue to talk about the Ravens. That's like basically bragging about having a one night stand and you you was, you was in and out. Now the only team that you can talk about.
Speaker 1: I ain't bothered nobody, but you bought something.
Speaker 4: You bought something. Talking about Ravens like Ravens like that makes no sense. You are a Bronco you You're Bronco everything. Anytime you talk, you know, with your chest out, it should be about the Broncos.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 4: That's again?
Speaker 5: The Bagels?
Speaker 1: It what uniform I got on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I mean I wasn't there?
Speaker 1: What he.
Speaker 5: Hey you look, I'm trying to think of who that is.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. He had to smelt the odor. Referee raised his arm. That's all I know.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 5: It is all good. Don't joke.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you try to diminish me and the time about time out, of time out, of time out? Why are you even bringing up anything Ravens related anyway? And they don't play tomorrow? That's me at the press conference, one of the Ravens.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to why are you trying to deflect? The Broncos got built to ask the night the Broncos lost. Uh, the Broncos lost to the charge. What happened?
Speaker 5: Let's talk about boat necks. Let's talk about Sean Payton.
Speaker 2: We talked about l Jack and Dad Henry. They don't play till tomorrow and they flowers every Shan Bateman.
Speaker 5: Oh, so so you don't you don't want talk about you Broncos losing on.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what we won't lose next week? Bet Dad?
Speaker 5: Oh you said bet? How much you want to bet?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're let to ask your question talking about Jake? Did y'all have y'all backup defense into Now?
Speaker 5: That was our starting defense?
Speaker 1: What they gave.
Speaker 4: About forty eight hold on where they was tired because they had to keep coming at they had to keep coming on the goddamn field because we kept turning the goddamn ball over.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa so so I guess they couldn't.
Speaker 5: Get no rest.
Speaker 4: We turned the ball over thirty seven times. What you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, Joey, can you give me some vizine? I need to get this car out of my eye. Somebody will put care of my eyes. So, I don't know what you won't, won't joe impact to me.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying I'm not tripping. The Vikings played a hell of a game today. The Vikings had a hell.
Speaker 5: Of a place.
Speaker 1: Yues who didn't play a hell of a game today? Your Bangles Broncos the Bangles Broncos because they got an L.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess what, hey, hey, whether.
Speaker 4: They lost by forty three, forty eight or three, it's still going down as an L.
Speaker 5: No matter no matter how you you try to spice it and make it get back underward column next week, you won't bet Noh.
Speaker 2: We'll get back at the win called next week more timperary setback Ojo. The Cleveland Browns defeated the Green Bay Packers by the scored thirteen to ten on a fifty five yard walk off field goal. Through three quarters, both teams averaged just three and a half yards per play.
Speaker 1: Things got wild in the fourth.
Speaker 2: The Browns eventually forced forced the first turnover of the season on the Grand Delpin interception. Shelby Harris, the former Bronco, blocked the field goal. He's good for that and the final twenty five seconds. Somehow, the Browns ended up scoring the games final thirteen points.
Speaker 1: Cleveland's offense was dreatful.
Speaker 2: So far this season, and it remains payingful to watch, averaging three point nine yards per play four of thirteen on third down. Michael after the Micah after the game says, sometimes like today, you just pooped the bed. That's just the reality of it, Ojoe. It happens to the best teams. Even the Super Bowl champs make mistakes and they paid for it early. You go back to the history of the champions who played they played games like they should have won.
Speaker 1: It's just that competitive. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, it was a great game, a great day of defense. If you like football and you don't want you're not gonna get fireworks, and you like defensive play, that's what you got today from both sides of the ball. It always come down to the last. The team that made the few mistakes was winning this game.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: The team that made the Felds mistakes was winning that game.
Speaker 4: Every time I'm on the show, I always praised Cleveland defense. Yeah, if you watch the game today against the Green Bay Packers, and now you see why I always praise the Cleveland defense. And you know everybody else be like, ah, the Browns suck, blah blah blah. Yeah, they may be bad, but their identity is their defense, and they're very, very good.
Speaker 1: And the defense keep them in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a good game today, a little sloppy defensive game.
Speaker 5: And that turnover, that turn over.
Speaker 2: All turners aren't created equal time. When you turn the ball over, it's more important. That is the most important thing. He throws that interception in the first quarter, first half, webrought to third quarter. We're not even having it, not even having that discussion, O Joe, because green Bay probably goes on and win the game.
Speaker 1: But when he turned that football over, you as.
Speaker 2: You're asking for it, and you leave a team that you probably should have put away earlier, You leave him around.
Speaker 1: You let him just hang around.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, keep hanging around, hey, dog, keep hanging around the hovey. You feed him pretty soon that you know what, he gonna feel sorry for it. Sooner, lady, he'll throw me a scrapp or two out here. You know he ain't gonna just let me just keep coming in here and see me Green Bay, y'all just let him hang around and hang around and say, you know what, he's gonna miss ride the tasses one of the rick a.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the d courterer say, hey, y'all, keep doing what you do.
Speaker 2: Keep playing. He'll give us one. He'll give us one. And lord and behold, that's what happened. And you can't play with fire. Like I said, these teams you better go ahead and put them away. Rams. You saw that firsthand. You better go ahead put these teams away because if you don't, you're asking for trouble. And that's what happened today. Cleveland won the game. They probably should have lost. But uh and Michael's right, But you guys with that offense, y'are supposed to They doubt he's I know, they turn it over, but they ain't supposed to get nothing.
Speaker 1: They ain't really got. They ain't got nothing, o Joe. Not offensively, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, no, offensively no, No, they don't, they don't, they don't. But that just that's to listen. The Green Bay Packers have a very explosive offense on Aaron Jones is out, but obviously receivers that they have Jordan Love phenomenal quarterback. Not not in the top five conversation, but he is. He is in that tier of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.
Speaker 5: With the group of great.
Speaker 4: Receiversh this is the testament to just how good brother Newsome, brother Denzel Ward and everybody else not on not only in the on the back end, but the front end as well, led by Miles Garrett Man.
Speaker 5: The boys boys playing some ball and that's the.
Speaker 4: Only reason they're going to be in games all season long, just not the game today against the god damn Green Bay Packers. They have a chance every single week no matter who they're playing.
Speaker 2: Friend of the Shore, Yshawn Garytt might be on his way to his first double digit sack season.
Speaker 1: That's what he told us he wanted to get double digit sack.
Speaker 2: He sacked flack O twice on Sunday, bringing his three games total three game total to four and a half, No doubt.
Speaker 1: The presidence of Michael.
Speaker 2: Parsons is absolutely helped because now they're sending the double to him and he's getting one on one and he's eating.
Speaker 1: Now, eventually he'll get this eight.
Speaker 2: Nine probably and and and and probably would like seven eight games to go, And now they're gonna start sliding protection to him and then Michael Parsons will start eating. That's that's the way it works. You want to guys that can go pin the pressure right now, they right now, Mike Rashaun Garrison. But Mike, Hey, just just just keep just keep plugging away. Your time coming, Your time coming. Van's They look they got a good team, but it's games like this You're like, well, damn, what is it about Jordan because it's the turnover.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, he always have that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always have that game that he has that one turnover that you're like, bro, if you could just eliminate.
Speaker 5: That, you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they could really be onto something. But I think we just you know, uh, give Cleveland credit. Yeah, that defense is gonna keephim in a lot of games. Now, you can't keep turning the ball over like they did against Baltimore because Baltimore run away from you. But look, Baltimore's offense for me, is a little bit more, a little bit more high power than Green Bay. Lamar is a different animal. Even though Deck Henry didn't run the football like he normally runs the football, but Lamar can throw it.
Speaker 1: And I was, I was surprised.
Speaker 2: But you know, you can see the way this game was trend to know, Joe, I said, you know what, Green Bay, y'all gonna miss ride around and let let Cleveland hang around, and they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Nippy at the wire.
Speaker 2: Watch what I tell you, and Lord and behold, that's exactly That's exactly what happened. But uh, look, Minnesota kept pace. With Minnesota is two in one, Green Bay's two in one. We'll see what happens with uh Detroit because they played Baltimore, which is not gonna be no easy victory.
Speaker 1: And just like that, Pittsburgh is in EFC North.
Speaker 2: Then what they're two in one. Baltimore trying to stay paced because they ain't worry about Cincinnati. Cincinnati f in the fall like Lucifer from the Heavens, never to ride again.
Speaker 5: That's how you feel.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm like that. I'm sorry, I wish your something.
Speaker 5: I can tell you, hey, one thing about it.
Speaker 4: I've seen the team make a fool of us all because we count certain people out. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Now you keep talking about the Broncos and the Bengals. They they look bad today because they you know, we.
Speaker 1: Lost your team look bad? Why are you worried about my.
Speaker 5: Team just because we play your team?
Speaker 4: So we got two teams that looks bad play each other Monday?
Speaker 1: Ten points? Y'all scored ten points?
Speaker 5: All right, we turn them all over ten times.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, go turn it over some more too.
Speaker 4: Now we'll bet. But hey, tail pats certain to make sure you bring an extrace.
Speaker 1: Y'all already know where. Y'all already know what. PS two.
Speaker 4: Make sure you bring an extra set of cleats and roby roby last time you played.
Speaker 5: No, man, don't worry about it. I ain't gonna talk no trash.
Speaker 1: You should.
Speaker 2: I mean eighteen or twenty five three passing yards for Jordan Love. They had thirty one rushes for eighty one yards. I mean Josh Jacobs had sixteen carris for thirty yards on Joe Yeah.
Speaker 1: They listen.
Speaker 4: Derrick Henry wasn't able to really really run well on that defense. Josh Jacobs wasn't gonna run well on that defense.
Speaker 1: No, nope.
Speaker 2: Uh. Joe Flacca was twenty one to thirty six no touchdowns winter exceptions, was sacked twice.
Speaker 1: When Shawn Jenkins.
Speaker 5: Had uh first touch down today, yep.
Speaker 1: On eighteen carriads. So but they played well. They just hey, they.
Speaker 2: Hung around and hung around and hung around, and they got an opportunity to never me at the end. I mean, you know, hey, give them give him credit, give him credit.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They they lost the first game, got blown out the second game. But like I said, those fans, those fans gonna show up and those fans gonna cheer them on. Kept keep the energy in the building. But this was Green Bay, y'all. You know, you might look back up because when you don't make the playoff, there's always you always go back and play like this game right here, we bull jobbed the round, had this team dead the right and we had an opportunity to put them away and we didn't. And and and so that's that's the frustrating part, because I'm sure Cincinnati did that last year, oh Joe, because you know, lost to Washington, lost to the Patriots.
Speaker 5: Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, losing to Washington, come to find out, wasn't a bad thing because they got all the way to the championship game. But losing to the Patriots, that was just down right awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they they messed us up.
Speaker 2: And uh and and you know, Green Bay, you might have be in a situation that the NFC is gonna be very competitive. You know, I think the Rams gonna be there when it's all said and done. The forty nine ers, uh, you know, they got Robert solid back on that defense. They're doing a great job. You know, they get some of these guys gonna come back and get healthy. You know, I don't know, I don't know when Brandon and I you was gonna come back, But he's coming back. Kittle, he'll be back. Pierce all is played really well. He's doing an unbelievable job. And you know, Kyle's gonna be able to dial it up. And so obviously the Eagles are gonna be right there when it's all saying done. We all believe Detroit's gonna be there when it's all saying done. So this the NFC you're gonna look back at like, damn game here or there might cost you a chance of a home a home game, because that's what it's, you know, in the playoffs, you really, you really want that home game. But I think you got to give a lot of credit to the Cleveland Browns because that defense was sensational today.
Speaker 1: They got it. They got after Jordan Love.
Speaker 2: They made him very uncomfortable from the very first snap, and and so, uh, you know, I don't want to be beat the package up too bad, but.
Speaker 1: Hey Cleveland, that Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: Man, and it's so funny. No matter who they plan to do the same thing every time. We're gonna rely on our front four to apply pressure, a pen your years back and get to the quarterback and be playing man and man in your face on the our side, because I believe in our two corners out there to be able to lock you up. And they playball just like that all do long.
Speaker 2: They go, They get after you, they get after you, They get after you, and give them credit and they get on the wind. They get in the wind column thanks to a block kick and then a fifty five yard walk off. I said something, fifty five yard walk up like I said, Oh Joe, these guys got legs.
Speaker 1: Now it used to be you know a.
Speaker 2: The Chargers beat the Broncos twenty three, twenty after the Broncos let Lee slip away again?
Speaker 4: Oh why are you talking so fast? Slow down, people, Let the people hear what you're talking about. Let let the people hear who lost again.
Speaker 2: The Broncos lost twenty three twenty three, twenty after Lee slip away, just like they did against the Colts and the Chargers, and both teams walked it off. The Broncos have the next three games on the road. The Chargers not have three AFC West wins. Damn, that is right, because they've beaten They've beaten the Raiders, they've beaten the Chiefs, and now they've beating the Broncos. So hey, you know, we got some work. We got some work to do. Who is weed Broncos?
Speaker 5: Oh you were just talking about the Ravens.
Speaker 1: So now I got two teams. You got two teams, the Patriots at the Charge at the Bengals.
Speaker 5: No, I don't. I got the Bengals and the Dolphins. And we ain't talk about the Dolphins right now.
Speaker 1: Now you ain't playing with the Dolphins. You played for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: This is the first time that they have a two game lead a top the FC West the end of two thousand and nine when they went thirteen and five the season last time the Chargers won the division crown.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's your what's your? Y'all own?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Nah? Were the first game we beat the Saints?
Speaker 5: Oh you count that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's the NFL team, main't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean listen. I mean, well, y'all, y'all want and two y'all want and too.
Speaker 4: So you know we two and one.
Speaker 1: We about to be two and two. Save record as y'all. It sounds good about to have save record of y'all two and two?
Speaker 5: How bout Nicks? How both Nicks do today? Man, I'm just asking.
Speaker 4: I mean, we had our backup quarterback, so I'm just curious how your starter did well.
Speaker 2: You're started, don't never stay healthy, so it's hard to say, what are you gonna do? Cause you know, like every year he's gonna miss some time.
Speaker 5: Who you talk about my quarterback?
Speaker 1: Yep, you're starting.
Speaker 4: It was just it was unfortunate, unfortunate circumstances, stuff like.
Speaker 2: That boat was fourteen to twenty five one hundred and fifty three yards one touchdown.
Speaker 4: Uh man, that's it.
Speaker 1: Courtland Sutton had six for one a eighteen okay, court.
Speaker 2: Uh Herbert was twenty eight of forty seven one touchdown, won an exception. They sacked him five times. I mean the one thing the Broncos can do is get after the quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean he made a great throw.
Speaker 2: That throw that he made the Keenan Allen for that touchdown with Moss all over. I mean, ain't nothing you can do about that. Derwin James had a sack. Troyde had a sack. Well had two sacks.
Speaker 4: We Durwin Jane nice boy, yeah, oh yeah boy, he's nice boy. He could he play in the box, cover tight ends, he could play free man. He can do a little man. You can do a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's all right, your little to look.
Speaker 2: I mean, look and bro, I mean the Broncos did some her finger has the guy picks him up on his feet.
Speaker 1: You know you can't pick the god up and slamming. Yeah, no, you can't do that.
Speaker 5: That's why that's why y'all lost.
Speaker 1: No, I mean we lost because.
Speaker 2: We stopped them, got the ball back and couldn't get a first down.
Speaker 5: Oh, y'all couldn't the first down, couldn't.
Speaker 1: Get a first down?
Speaker 2: Kick the ball back, they get the ball, go down the field and kick a walk off.
Speaker 1: So no, I don't make no, no, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, you get a situation like that, oh Joe, your defense stop them now. Your job is to make sure their office don't get back on the field. Your job is to make sure the office don't get back on the field, and you walk it off, or you go down there and score a touchdown and then make them go try to score touchdown with a little time on the clock as possible to match you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, this ain't no right.
Speaker 4: So so basically y'all got bta.
Speaker 1: No nah nah. That that's what y'all got. That's what the Cowboys got.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, not not really, not really.
Speaker 4: You have to understand our circumstance. We're missing our starting quarterback. Y'all had your whole team healthy.
Speaker 5: There's a difference. There's a difference.
Speaker 2: I mean, y'all give it. I called de facts. I hope they don't trace the call back to me. People gonna know I call I had to use. I had to use my burning phone. I called Defacts up in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: All I hear his excuses, don't.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I had to call de Facts in Minnesota because something bad was going on.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, it sound good, sound good.
Speaker 5: We'll see y'all Monday night next week.
Speaker 2: I know y'all gona see the Monday night and we're gonna put gonna put fots of y'all.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, see how you talking? See how you talking? Now?
Speaker 5: Know I'm not being disrespectful.
Speaker 2: That that that you don't be disrespectful. You been telling y'all you've been disrespectful.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about because y'all lost to the Chargers.
Speaker 4: I mean you, I mean you, you Boston and you proud and y'all, y'all, y'all had the same al You worried about how many points we lost by when it's still in the and it's still in the al collar. You lost that kind of injuries.
Speaker 1: Y'all have whoa who what?
Speaker 2: We didn't try to hear no excuses, because that's not what you said last week. You was talking about Jake. Oh, well, we love Jake, Oh Jake. Jake gonna hold that thing down.
Speaker 5: You gonna hold it down, He's gonna hold it down. When we play all Monday.
Speaker 1: We good, hold y'all down, keep y'all from winning.
Speaker 4: Were good, were good.
Speaker 5: You'll see.
Speaker 1: I see. I saw today. Forty eight ten.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: You forty eight three. At one point, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's game like this.