Speaker 1: Leading Off is going down right now. I'm the Welsh that is Bubba and leading Off on Fantasy Proses brought to you by Prize Picks. Price Picks promo code. Leading Off is going to get you a one matchup to one hundred bucks. Go put money in and make more money, get free money, have the most fun with money Price Picks. Just have a great time. You can play along with us as we're gonna be doing our prize Picks a little bit later. It's Bubba and the Welsh Bubba. We got a lot to get through. It's always it's a little bit jarring with like having the day off in between shows because news kind of piles itself up. But we've got the blatantly obvious one. We're going to talk about weekend streamers. Where are me and Corbyn Carrol this week? I will give you one little hint pre hint. We're getting weird and a whole bunch more. But I was told by a little birdie that Bubba is not only going to see Spencer Strider tonight, but you're going to be hanging out with the fantasy Baseball elites tonight. Bubbs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they needed to lower their like quality of people around them, so they called me to come join them. But yeah, I'm gonna hang out with Nick Pollock, Sammy Reid, youeno, Sarahs might drop by. Justin Mason's gonna be there, Jake Crumpler, and many more. So it's gonna be a fun little hang at the ballpark. When we planned it a while back, we did not know Spencer Streyder was gonna be on the mount, which kind of tops it off. So it'll be a fun night watch my giants strike out twelve times. It'll be a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is like a little pre Arizona first pitch, a little conference that's going on. So Pollock is in town on the West coast, Nick Paul too.
Speaker 2: I thought he was lost. I thought he was you know, I've given him such a hard time. So I always do those hangs in New York, like you know, pictureless hangouts. I said, hey, when are you gonna represent the good coast? And he always ignores me, ignores me, ignores me, And then here he is. He's out here for some personal stuff and decided to watch a game with us.
Speaker 1: That'll be a lot of fun. That'll be a great gris so send some pictures out there, make sure you're following Bubbs on Bead and trick and hopefully and get some shots to night. Pretty damn good game to go to. So that'll be fun and it's a good reminder too. You know, any of you guys, You guys are the hardcore baseball people. This isn't applying literally no affiliation with the Baseball HQ people or anything, but the First Pitch Conference all going down in November, where you can come out here to Arizona. You can meet Bubbs, you can meet me, get hang out. We can have drinks, watch baseball, and have so much fun with the game's top prospects. So even if you didn't do the conference, I'd say, come on out for baseball and you could intertwine in these type of meetups. Speaking of meetups, by the way, did you see the little glow up that piece of p has got right now?
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm not even gonna calm on it because I've met so many jokes about the guy he hosted a show with recently.
Speaker 1: Well, basically I just put it out there. I was actually texting with him about something I cannot talk about on here. But he's like yeah, he's like, I got just doing all this stuff and he's like, I'm doing a show with Colin Cowhert and he posted today too. I thought they were having Colin Cowhert on Fantasy pros Ericson were on Colin what a what a freaking glow up for?
Speaker 2: I love Colline's tweet though. The Fantasy Pro guys guys, Yeah, and ericson, they really know their stuff with the with the strong arm emoji.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like that producer did a good job. That producer that tweeted.
Speaker 2: That for college Twitter account person does call her cowards too.
Speaker 1: So that's what there. That's where he's at. That's where our Joey has been out there with.
Speaker 3: Anymore.
Speaker 1: He left us in the dust, Daniel Cormier and Colin Cowherd. He doesn't need us, but we need you guys. So we're going to talk about all the stuff and things. Let's get out of the way. I know it's a day old, but we have not had anything happen show.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, Tawny, I was live. I don't know if you saw any of this. I was live on CBS when this news broke. We actually didn't even know it happened, and Chris Towards busted in and told us, and it was the craziest ten minutes of just anything I've ever done. Also because Towers then ended our broadcast and we came back, but absolutely shocked by every facet of the news with Otani and Bubba. One of the biggest things I couldn't stop focusing on. And I'm not We're not gonna go crazy with Otani at the top, We'll just talk a little bit about it. But the craziest thing I couldn't comprehend and I wanted to know when we found out, was well, when did this happen? And what was worse? Did this happen? And we know whin it happened, but like the MRI, did they do the MRI after both games or in between? And if they did it in between, why the hell would they let him play? And if they did it after, why the hell would they let him play? It happened in between, we found out, So he was out there that famous now picture of Ellie poking him and stuff. He had a torn UCL and they're now talking about letting or I guess he's got the decision to hit the rest of the way through, Bubba, what do you think the actual hitting impact is going to be of Otani? And do you think he's actually going to finish the year hitting?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: I Okay, this was the way I look at it is. First off, yeah, the imaging between the two games then playing is weird. Same with Mike Trout didn't play first game all he might have played, and then he'd only iel immediately after game two, like where's that information? But when it comes to a tawny he wants a second opinion because a lot of guys these days, if it's not like a full full tear, he's they do the rehab and don't pitch, And that's what he's hoping for. I think if that second opinion goes poorly, he goes under the knife immediately because he has nothing to lose. He's going to try to sign a big deal, so he needs to be back as soon as possible. He is, so it'll be the Bryce Harper approach, like have the surgery now, be able to hit by mid season, maybe pitch the following year.
Speaker 3: That's the goal. Now, I'm gonna throw this out to you.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it on a couple of my recent Joe's bubb on the Boom on Thursday night was where it came to my mind. I've said forever because he's had issues with injuries since he's come up. Basically, I want to see Otani as the closer and let him hit every day. We can have a forty forty forty season Welsh forty homers, forty steals, forty saves. Now how forty forty the branding makes itself. That's worth a billion dollars contract. Right there, I'm just saying, I think that's cool. I'm gonna throw that.
Speaker 1: I actually love that idea, and I'd seen a lot of people go out there and say kind of the same thing, that this might be the end of him being a starting pitcher. The only problem is, I think everybody's trying to make the decisions for Otani where he's not gonna let anybody make those decisions.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Everything that he does is gonna be on his own track. So if he still wants to be a starting pitcher, no one's gonna stop him. Here's my thought, and this is what I said live on CBS. I think this is the thing that brings him back to the Angels. I think he goes back to the Angels because now you could argue there's no money lost. And I know there's some people you know, like Henry right here in the chat saying I still think he gets five hundred million. You could argue there's no money lost. But any team that's going to make the investment, he's gonna hold back a little bit. A guy that you know has had major surgery, has a major issue right now, cannot pitch for let's call it fourteen sixteen months, and if his future in their mind is as a closer, that might be worth less. In general, my thought is this is the one scenario, This was the one in a million scenario that is going to make him return to the Angels because you've got the team nucleus in general, you saw that they were trying to win. Could he get the money, yeah, could it be more difficult? I think so. I think he re signs with a it's either a straight up two or three year deal, or it's the massive deal with an out after three years. It's a player option that the Angels give him. So once he's recovered, once the arm is good, once he's throwing again, he can still go out. At about thirty years old and get another ten year kajillion dollar contract and he can stay where he's comfortable and he knows while he's going through this rehabbing process on a team that will support him in whatever that he needs to do. Because you've got like a minimal track record. This is the minimal track record. I mean as far as like you know, like what they've done and what he's done, and you've got a minimal contract agreement. So I think this was the one scenario where he returns and I think he's going to this is this is my opinion on this, that this will be the thing that he has a two to three year contract or player option out while he recovers as a hitter, maybe a closer. It's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a twenty nine right now.
Speaker 2: I think it is the three year deal, and it it'll be like a layered contract, like year one, okay, you're just a hitter, here's thirty million dollars. But then like maybe there's a mutual option after year one of like he's not healthy, can't pitch, well, we rediscuss things.
Speaker 3: Then you get the two years.
Speaker 2: He gets paid pretty hefty, and then he gets a chance to get a new contract after that. So that's kind of how I see it. We've seen so many guys, you know, coming off TJ they go sign like the Razor Graad that sign like the two or three year deals where you're one's like four million dollars and then they get sixteen twenty four after that or something like that. I think we're gonna see a layered deal that basically, Okay, we love you, you can hit, prove you can pitch, and then when you're gonna get all this other money before you leave again.
Speaker 3: I just think the end of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Angels on if you if you just look at two years and you look at the annual, I think the Angels can compete with anybody, and then you have comfortability, and I think I think, why would they not be willing to even just give that out if they had the option to lose him, Oh you know, we can't get you for ten years, we don't want you know, they would absolutely give that to him. I think I got to play, We'll see how it comes out. I do also think the way that he approaches the rest of the season might be telling as well. If he were to go in the season, have surgery. Even the surgery could still equal to the Angels. But if he were to kind of end out the season, that might be more telling of a free agent bid. If he plays all the way up until the Angels are completely eliminated, I think that opens up the It opens it all up, and we'll see. He says he's going to d h They got a game today, the lineups are not out. I assume he's going to be hitting. I think this a stobal idea, but it is literally the worst case scenario, the most shocking thing of all of the entire season too. On top of Mike Trout also going on the IO.
Speaker 2: I think I blame piece of psay and after the trade deadline, he's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 3: That's what I blame it on.
Speaker 1: Can you He's got to still in the al MVP.
Speaker 2: Right as we've had that conversation with the first thing, I thought, like we've said, it.
Speaker 3: Was like a locked up thing. I think he does.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he loses it, but it's like a little over a month of baseball he could miss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guys got any questions, this is for the live stream crew. If you guys are listening on the podcast, you guys can hang out with us. We are live at twelve thirty pm Eastern, nine thirty my time. You guys can come and hang out in the live stream. Ask questions. We will be answering some of those questions shortly, so put them in the chat. We will jump to them as we get to everything. Let's move on to a couple other things outside of shoheo tany talk. How about Merle Kelly with my Diamondbacks last night tied a career high in strikeouts with twelve. Went and took a look at the deeper ending of the start. He went a little bit more heavy change up. That was his primary pitch. Usually throws it around like twenty five percent. He went around thirty percent last night. A bit more on the fastball as well as far as like swinging strikes. He had ten or I'm sorry that was on the change of ten swinging strikes on that change up. Over the usage of the fastball, the other big key has been the slider, and he talked about it after the game Bubba that he said he now slider he was using like couple percent. It's at five now, but he's been using a little bit more. It was like even lower earlier in the year. He said he now is at a point with his slider that this is a pitch that he can go to, and in this start he threw it ten percent of the time. He's getting whiffs on it. He got whiffs across the board. Merle has taken a next step and it's been a mid season added pitch. So curious at your take on Meryl Kelly for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: I'm a big Merrill Kelly fan. I have lots of shares of Merril Kelly actually because I liked how just he's boring, eats innings and gets you ratios. Now he's adding strikeouts this year. You mentioned the pitch mix change, which is tremendous. He had a forty five percent CSW last night, by far the best of his career, and it was like the think I think Alex fast Tweed the second or third best of the season in baseball for a starting pitcher.
Speaker 3: He was filthy.
Speaker 2: He took advantage of a red S team that strikes out nearly thirty percent of the divers right handed pitching over the last month, and he made him look foolish. So I think he looks great. He had the cramping in his hamstring again, which he's had like almost every start. Now it seems like he's the show hey of the Diamondbacks, minus the two way stuff.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I love what he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little bit I'm a little bit worried about those like injuries that keep kind of coming up here. But Meryl is yeah right there. Like we just say, he's a dog man. He gets out there, he pounds his own, he's a great pitcher behind, you know, a pretty good offense in support, and those strikeouts have been the next key. These guys that take the next level on the strikeouts jump up on the same token for the Diamondbacks. I won't just make this about said player. We'll turn it around. But Corman Carroll went two for four, had the go ahead homer, did it off a lefty. It was just twenty second of the year.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I wanted to point out that in the first eighty four games Carol hit eighteen homers. In the registered second half of the season, he only has four, So that's over thirty seven games, so a little less than half the home run totals have just absolutely depleted his overall production has depleted. And what I wanted to turn this to was you actually took part in what is you guys your cycle paths and I love the psycho Paths. It was Rob dpe Trow put it looks like he put together. He tweeted it out, so I assume he kind of put it together. In twenty twenty four NFBCDC, you guys called it the early Meatball Draft. You guys are absolute psychopaths. You actually had the very first pick in this. But the thing that stood out to me was Corbin Carroll went eleven in this and I think we did a on itl We did like an early early season Mack where we were looking at Corbyn Carroll. We did it with Frank Stanfel from CBS, and he went top five. I think Carrol is a guy you got to consider in the top five, but he went eleven in this one. So I just wanted to get your thoughts on like where Carol has been really struggling in the second half and him kind of maybe quote unquote falling down to eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: First of this is the second year the same group of US minus one has gotten together to do this such a tradition now and actually Ryan BLOOMFD myself, we recapped this whole draft on our show on Thursday night, and this was a topic of conversation because when it came to Corbyn Carroll, we both agreed he'd be like a if you didn't put Strider up top, he'd be a fourth or fifth pick, And like Julio, him and Julio are kind of interchangeable. At a point you can kind of make that argument he fill obviously because of the shoulder injury. We both agreed that if he has a strong and literally hits the home run as we're talking about him last night, if he continues to play well for the rest of the like the season, he will be a top five pick.
Speaker 3: Like we both we both agree that.
Speaker 2: So that's the fun part and like the gift of the curse to doing these really stupid early drafts is you'll get certain guys that fall and you're like, wait a minute, and then then you come March they're back to top five.
Speaker 3: So yes, that's what we saw too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously like and still your guys' content, Rob is doing something about it. Go listen to him, Go listen to uh Bubba and Bloom for full breakdowns. But I do think there's like a lot of like movement that can happen here. Strider went third in that, and I would say in a NFBC draft, like I can see it, and I think probably standard likes Rodo head to head, there's no frickin way that's going on. But there, you know what. At the same point, like, I also don't want to make Carol out like he's like a must because you know eleven, I think ten to eleven that's like a huge steal on him. But when you look at the players that are ahead, it's like Ramirez, okay, positional, Freddie Freeman is the monster. Bobby Witt has pushed himself in that. I'm probably taking him over Tatisa at this point, but mooki Julio. You know, maybe Carol is gonna sit more eight and it's the second half that's taken him off of it, and it would behoove him and probably a lot of people if he were to have a nice last end of the month where he ends up being a probably like a twenty five to forty guy. He's a couple of stolen bases away from twenty forty, but you also might get a discount if he doesn't, and I think he's gonna make lots of adjustments the season to kind of recover with He said the shoulders fine, but I thought that was fascinating. One other thing I just wanted to point out, and this is only a carryover if you listen to my stuff and you heard us talking on CBS. We were talking about Corbyn Burns and I kind of pushed back, and I think Frank mentioned this draft I push back on. They were saying, like Corbyn Burns like being the third pitcher, and I was like, guy, I don't know about that. And something that was in my head that I never brought up was I was I wanted to ask who would you take Corbyn Burns or Uri Perez this season? And Bubba in the and this and soe why I'm going with it in the third Corbyn Burns went in the third round, but you took Uri with the first pick in the fourth round. And there's a part of me thinking next year, if the training wheels are off of Ury Perez, I don't know if I want Corbyn Burns over Uri pres. I know why you would take Corbyn Burns all the things speak to it. But in a format like this and an NFB, I might go Uri Perez over just your thoughts of like, would you have taken Corbyn Burns hands down over Uri had he got there?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not a big Corbyn Burns guy. I've actually started the movement. If you look at Burns would drift in Perolta. Give me Peralta all day out of the three, especially at his ADP. If you talk about the three Brewers pitchers. Burns is great. He's good, I should say, but the pitch clock has not been kind to him, and he's he had the dominating the year and we haven't seen it since. So I can't take that pick on him. I'll take the chance on Ury, who he's seen elite stuff from. He'll be stretched out to probably one hundred and fifty innings, brings you great ratios.
Speaker 3: I'll take my chances there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Red Baron agreed here that he would take Perez over Burns. I think like we're accounting for a lot of safety in there. But that was something when we were having that conversation on CBS, I just I want you know, we can't make it crazy conversation. I just wanted to be like guys, I don't think I would take Burns over someone like Eurie Press. I think I think Burns and al Contra are a lot closer than.
Speaker 3: Right next to right next to Uri. That was what was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, So some fun stuff we'll continue to explore as the season kind of goes further in getting into the offseason talking about next year. A couple other news and notes. Alec Manoa remains without a definitive timeline to return to the Blue Jay starting rotation.
Speaker 3: Good good, it's funny.
Speaker 2: They send him out for testing just to see if there's any injuries. They missed that that's why he's pitching bad. Yeah, yeah, like doctor House, can you help me, we can't figure out what's wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, he returned to the triple A rotation and that's where he should stay for the rest of the year. Let's not do any of this anymore. Maybe he could be a closer. Maybe just all these failed starters like usual, just put him in a bullpen roll. I don't know the other unspeaking of kind of failed starters. Though it was a great career, Stephen Strasburg officially retiring, won a World Series MVP one hundred and thirteen wins a career three two four ERA. By the way, when I say failed, starter just failed. At this point. I have always been a defender of Steven Strasburg. Me and Bogman have a long battle of him, just crapping on Strasburg. I have always thought the talent was there. He ends shy of two thousand strikeouts, thirty five years old. It's been a just disastrous couple of years. But it's you know, it's actually, this is a great question. It was kind of alluding to this. Walkee says, was it a great career? I think it was a good career All Star bids World Series MVP. I think you have to consider that a pretty great career.
Speaker 2: I say it's a very good slash great career. It's not a hall of fame career, no. I think that's what people think when they hear great, they think, Okay, you're saying hall of fame. No, that's not what he is. I think it's an amazing career. He was awesome his rookie season. They it's sad that we'd all know that story. He got his World Series in the end, he got the MVP of the World Series. Basically, I think it's a great career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of disappointment. It's shrouded in a ton of disappointment, for sure. But this isn't like, you know, Mark Appel, you know what I mean, Like, this isn't like the first overall pick that failed, Like this guy won a World Series MVP over one hundred games. One.
Speaker 3: It's just Jaron Buxton. That's just been disappointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like the I think our disappointment is shrouded in our expectations, our expectations for Strasburg, where this is like a maybe three hundred game winner and multiple Cy Youngs and that, and it's just his injuries. He couldn't live up to it, and you know, un just disappointed. It's just yeah, exactly, that sounds familiar. A quick little rookie lookie Mason Miller recorded five strikeouts three shutout innings on Thursday in a rehab start in triple A triple digits. Miller touched triple digits seven times during that rehab stint and looks like he's going to be poised to be able to join back in some capacity. The rotation win rosters expand in September. So are you going to be actively aggressive on Mason Miller assuming he's going to get a rotation spot, or do you think maybe it's going to be more of a multi ending, like a kind of like how Ryan Pepio's being used right now, which, by the way, I probably picked up Ryan Pevio, great outing, But which one do you think.
Speaker 3: Piggyback Susan Selesser?
Speaker 2: Actually it covers the A's tweeted out something that the discussion is like, how about a wall to chuck Mason Miller combo? That'd be perfect. So yeah, I see something like that taking place. So I think he's a piggyback.
Speaker 1: A couple questions. But if anybody in the video seas like I've got I've got the hair going today, I did. I've done a good hair thing, and but I got like a single hair that keeps getting me. I'm like slapping my face.
Speaker 2: He's worried about one single hair in his face. I'm worried about finding one single hair on my head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like driving it's driving me absolutely nuts. All right, it's only a couple of questions here. Someone said, Angelo said, who's the bonehead that started JP France and all five of his leagues yesterday. We're going to talk about him here just a little bit. Carly said, what's up with Parker Meadows? Should I pick him up? We said this a couple of days ago. You should pick him up? Twelve team five outfielder that Parker medals with someone you can consider, should you like be aggressive in picking him up? I probably still not, But if you've got dead weight out there, yeah, yes, for sure. Yeah you agree with the hell yeah right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, I'd rather have like carry Carpenter. I think there's other options, but Parker is definitely.
Speaker 3: An in play too.
Speaker 1: Carry Carpenter. He's going Beast Mood band.
Speaker 3: And he's available in like forty percent of yaho.
Speaker 2: Still, that's what's nuts. Like I love doing my Yahoo fab articles like what is going on out here?
Speaker 1: Dude? I mean this is not a new statement. I think other people have said this. I've said it before, but like the Tigers are legit oh positioning themselves to be next year's reds. We if we always want to do that game over who's who's this year's last year guy? Blah blah blah, you know, prospects, who is this year's Cheerio Ethan Solace. But you I want to ask that question. It's the Tigers. I mean with Carry Carpenter's break back through, Spencer Torklesen, Riley Green. You got cold Keith coming up, the pitchers, Trake Scouble is getting healthy like they have a legit shot to be next year's Reds if you wanted to consider that, uh, Lee said rest of season Brandon lau or Kuld tell Marte.
Speaker 3: Mart easy, easy, Yeah, I'm not a Brandon Law.
Speaker 2: Guy's back just keeps me away from him.
Speaker 3: M yeah, I'll go raise it quieted down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll go with Katel. I mean the offense. Even when Katel has been like struggling, he finds it back. Lots of con hits higher in the order and.
Speaker 2: Something he answers Zach goof by the way, yeah, it's always Zach gal Off.
Speaker 1: Let's see, Richard said, coming down to the stretch. In one of my deep dynasty leagues, I can make up room in Homer, RBI and average. I have Chris Morrel. If any would you prefer for do Goo Hap, Jeff McNeil or Jack Peterson over Chris Morrell.
Speaker 3: Tue, that's tough.
Speaker 2: I would say Jock if it's a week where they have a lot of right handed pitching their facing, because he's actually hitting really well right now, see there, Jock or Ian Hap for me?
Speaker 3: If you need home runs because Verdigo w't give you any home runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, verdoes not. Verdugo's gonna help you on the average. Probably I would go Hap. Hap is the one that insre to my mind, Yeah, I don't think McNeil and Dugo are not home run options. Jock is kind of only a home run option. So Hap maybe is like the happy middle plus the Cup. I mean the Cubs are the half game back or they right now. I was just looking at the standings today. Diamondbacks are half game back, the Cubs are right there, so it's heavy competition. I would go with Ian. Half final one is in a dynasty league. Would you take Matt McLean or Josh Young? Josh Young for me, I would go call Matt McLean. I think it's a good one. Obviously, middle infield versus third base. There's some speed, but more power. Depends on what you're looking for. I guess yeah, I think I would Uh Oh, Royce Lewis or Chris Morrell.
Speaker 3: Royce Lewis easy, not even close to Royce Lewis.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to give you the hint for the where in the world are Welsh and Corbin Carrol? I have to remember it now. No I had it? Oh, No, I had a good one. Well it's not that good. I might have to come back to it because this is a tough one because there are so many things I can say that can give it a way, and I had a really good one. So you might have to just bear down here for a minute. Let's see if I can bring it back here. Let's go to the injury. So, God, what was it? I'm telling you, dude, Anything I say, I think it's going to give it away. So I was trying to be sneaky and I should have wrote it down. On the injury front s, don't Garrett out with a fractured fibula. They had to like roll cart him out at the game.
Speaker 3: That was brutal. That was rough. That was really rough to see.
Speaker 1: That was really really rough to see. Joey Vado on the il with the shoulder injury. Expected back early September. We'll see Alex Kiirlof is close to starting a rehab assignment and the Athletics David O'Brien reports at the Braves haven't yet decided whether Ozzie will be activated this weekend. But what I think that does tell you is next week you can be feel good about a you can feel good about, like a weekly lineup play. You can just put him in there, go run with it. I have him in one, but it's in a daily league, so you can do that. Friends, Let's get two prize picks from a code leading off, get you one hundred match up to one one hundred bucks setting our prize picks. Hopefully you guys want to hang out with us, make some money, Bubba, who's on your prize picks today?
Speaker 2: On the prize picks today, we are looking at Kyle Talker over seven and a half Fantasy points, Matt Manning, Yeah, that's all got to say there, Lou Bob over eight. He's got the combination of a Neil and some one of the lefties from Oakland's coat. That's all you need to know. They're Oakwen pitching. And then I like the Brady Singer Wilson under eleven strikeouts. I think one of those guys gets booted early worked for me on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: We'll go with it again on Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, I did remember, I did remember my hint the hint for where in the world are Welsh and Corbin Carrol sequel? Sequel is the hint for Welsh and Corbyn Carrol. My prize picks for today, I've got Mookie Bets Fantasy score nine over. I'm all on Mooki. I saw someone in the chat mentioning, you know, home run call of today. Yep, Mooki bets in finway give me Mooki at nine over. I'm going with Corbin Carrol eight and a half score. Don't know if I've actually ever hit it when I take Corbyn Carroll, but you know, right off the hot train there Bryce Harper Fantasy score eight and a half over. Bryce has been scorching hot, and they've got some bonus plays, whether Hot Dogs Strider coming down to seven. It's at eight and a half. I'm gonna go with Strider, and I think they cap you on like how much you can bet on it, but you can make this four yeah, yeah, And there's three of them. There's like Framber, there's another one, but this one. I could pair with those others, and I could now have a four piece one also in forgetting to do my hint, I forgot to do these other things real quick. The streamers for this weekend, if you guys are looking for some streamers. Saturday aside with the Cubs is going up against Pittsburgh. I put that as an option, and I threw Hunter Brown out there. Who's going up against Detroit? Hunter Brown the innings and he's been kind of wonky. I don't know if you have any feelings about Like Hunter Brown has probably been cut in a lot of spots. Would you be okay with that?
Speaker 3: And that matchup versus Detroit? I give it a world.
Speaker 2: It's like that's the Beautia stream and you look for matchups and situations.
Speaker 3: It's one of those.
Speaker 2: If you can't get it done this weekend, you bounce him. Yeah, that's why I'll let you finish you before I throw one guy out for the weekends.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then Sunday I just put Mike Clevenger. The ownership is still low. He's kind of a must start going up against Oakland and Zach Lttel also against the Yankees. He has two quality starts in his last three. He's gone five, He's at least gone five and both only given up never given up more than three runs over his last So you know, Rai's have been doing some stuff with him. Someone to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: Who's your suggestion, Paul Blackburn of the Oakland Athletics. He's pitched this week in Chicago.
Speaker 2: It's been a great source of strikeouts and surprisingly ratios as well.
Speaker 3: So I like Blackburning.
Speaker 1: It's the White Sox, the three up and the three down. This is also what I forgot. Shay Bengaliers two for four, two homers, four RBI. Jose Ramirez only went one for seven. He had a homer in two stolen bases in a couple of games.
Speaker 3: There you're gonna do. If you're not gonna do much at all, make sure it's a big mode at all.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have one hit you get on base. There you go. Kyle Gibson, he also went eight struck out eight on the down. JP France got things lit two and one third, ten earned runs. Whoof that was what was referenced a little bit earlier. James Outman, by the way, went two for nine. Usually we don't put guys with two hits in had two RBI but struck out six times yesterday. That's a rough go. And cees O for four with four strikeouts. All right, we get to come all the way back to where we were in the show with our bets. Bubba, what are you betting today?
Speaker 2: I tried to find three plus money plays Cleveland first five plus one twenty four. It's Cleveland's Toronto Bibby versus Bassett. I don't think Bibby's getting enough respect from this one, so I'll take first five plus one twenty four. Elvis Andrews over one and a half hits, runs and RBIs at plus one fifteen. People think I'm crazy because he recommending Andrews everywhere looked like his last two weeks. Dude's raking almost hitting four hundred with some power as well. And again, the A's matchup tonight is garbage. And then Lou Bob over one and a half. Total basis plus one hundred. So I like the White Sox signe if you're curious.
Speaker 1: One of the first things I looked at you. By the way, if anyone was wondering, Mookie bets total base is juiced. It's minus one forty today for one one and a half.
Speaker 2: Ye real quick. So I looked back at Price Picks. I took the over two and a half runs, hits and RBIs on Wednesday for bets he had eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait say that again.
Speaker 2: I took over two and a half runs hits combo on Price six he had eight combined.
Speaker 3: When he goes big, he goes big.
Speaker 1: That'll do. That will do for sure. My bets for today. I love this one. I know it feels trappy, but Dane Dunning can go six or seven and strikeout two. But we've also seen him strike out ten. Dane Dunning is big plus money today for five and a half strikeouts, which he has hit in three of his last four. It's five and a half strikeouts over plus one twenty five. I and it's Minnesota, so I know Minnesota has cut the strikeouts down as of recent but they're still striking out nine over the last three games. So I'm gonna go with the Dane Dunning play. These other couples I played as well. I went with the Houston Detroit first five over total runs so four and a half runs minus one thirty five. Houston Detroit framber hasn't been quite as good Matt Manning has had some blow ups, so I'm betting on five runs being scored between the two teams through the first five innings, and then your little money line parlay love it Dodgers and Baltimore. Put those two together. That payg you plus one sixty. That is actually one of my favorites of the day. We're gonna go DFS, but a reminder, the guess is Sequel, and I will say two thousand twenty three Sequel is your secondary guest for where Corbyin and I have visited. Remember we're getting weird here, Bubba. What's on the DFS slate today?
Speaker 2: If you want to pay up a pitching strider versus the Giants, of course a twelve point eight K love Coda, Singa at only nine point six K and his matchup versus the Angels, and then Brennan fought only five point six against Cincinnati's criminal. To me, the dude's much better than that, So singa fat combo is nice stacks love the White Sox verse Thea's as we said, Baltimore versus Freeland, Philadelphia verus Cholas. Nicholas has fallen off a cliff of late and then the Mets versus Tyler Anderson, who is not good some value Elvis Andrews three point one K and a great matchup probably leading off for the White Sox. And then Nolan Chanl if you want to take on Singa is only three K gets on score from runs. Not a bad value, not a ton of great value on this late overall, are you gonna play?
Speaker 1: You gotta bet something. You gotta be having some like skin in the game tonight for that game you're going to, right, are you gonna bet? Strider?
Speaker 2: I already took his over seven on price picks the bonus so over roll that if you want to do a first five I wish they had first five strikeouts for Strider.
Speaker 3: I gotta find that. That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That would be a go that might be the future, like an over.
Speaker 2: Four and a half or five and a half K, because he gets them early, like he'll like strike out the side early.
Speaker 1: But the books definitely don't want to give you like first five. They're already they're already changing physical looks of like where you find things. They do that in season because there's a there's an edge ish whatever you can find an edge in first first five strikeouts would be wild because it would probably still be like seven and a half, you know what I'm because.
Speaker 2: You think he's gonna get most of his early So that's why it'd be interesting. How do you regulate that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the only benefit would be like you getting like one strikeout less on a player, you know, like that might that might work for someone like Sandiel Contra, where you know, a guy that goes six or seven typically probably still be screwed across the board. Okay, I made this a really hard one. This is sequel. This is a weird place. I think the sequel drop this year. It is a sequel land. There's been lots of guesses in here, Bubba, do you haven't now? Now? I want to say Carly was on the right.
Speaker 3: If it dropped this year. It's somewhere on Avatar.
Speaker 1: It's Krly is on the right plane for saying quantum mania. Everyone else was saying places are you saying Avatar World?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, which is what neboo? Sure, Star Wars Wars what is it called?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: They hook up their tails and do things that kids shouldn't see on a movie.
Speaker 3: So we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little likes a little too hot. What's going on? Yeah, so okay, so guesses are closed. Let's go to the video and then we will show you and we'll see or anyone el Pandora.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's it, all right.
Speaker 1: So here where where are we? Bubba?
Speaker 2: You nailed it.
Speaker 1: We were in Pandora. We're an Avatar world. Look at us. We're so happy. We're seeing all the blue people. We're we're mining for whatever they have there. We have some jets behind us. We just needed to we needed to change it up. Things are getting weird at the end of the season, like they do. So me and Corbyn Carol, we were wanting to get his hit right. What better way than to go into space on another planet with a different atmosphere and start hitting some baseballs to get your batting average up. So there you go. We don't even know what it's called. We just I said, take us to Avatar World. And then this little blue thing with the wings was like cock al and it took us out.
Speaker 2: I love it, absolutely love it. That's a great way to kick off a Friday, folks.
Speaker 1: I thought so too. I percent thought so yeah. Now I'm getting killed for nawboo. I just watched Ahsoka the other day, so it's all my brain. Uh yeah, I mean you. I will say this, definitely, no Rebels. You gotta know the Rebels show, the cartoon show there are. There's a great video I found though, and I can share it with anybody. Because I didn't watch Rebels. I watched the first season of Clone Wars. There's a great thirty minute video that gives you the entire history of what you need to know setting up into the show, and it made things a little bit easier. But it's definitely a no uh Star Wars Rebels. If you're going to watch the you could just watch it, but you're not gonna know what the hell's going on, So gotcha. There you go. But I told you things are getting weird.
Speaker 3: So now September baseball, folks, it's gonna get really weird.
Speaker 1: And you know, multiverses are on the table first, so anything can happen with aything can happen. Yeah, you never know. Fantatic Me and Corbyn Carroll could be read Richard to give you the new Fantastic four home run calls. Speaking of mister Corbyn Carroll, we got the board here and I have a surprise for everybody on the board. Would you look at this. Not only is Blue Harvest are still in the lead. Jj Tator has gotten a a one run closer. Razor Ramone lives Razor Ramon. If anybody is wondering, I think I've then covered it. I think Razor must not like me, because as soon as Joe went away, I think Razor just disappeared.
Speaker 3: So Razor.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that Razor is okay. But Razor is alive and he got two homers, so he's up still in third. Hoffmanute forty one, Benchwarmer with forty one. Randy's there and me and Wonkee have moved down. We both have thirty eight. We are tied ninth and ten, so we are down there at the bottom almost falling off there. So oh yeah, And I don't know if he had judged, But hopefully Razor is good. Hopefully you guys are good, and you guys can partake as always if you guys are a part of the Fantasy pros discord to make sure you get in on the premium and you can have so much fun with us while we're doing that. And one of those guys is gonna win that Corman Carrol autographed helmet. Who's your home run call for the Today bubbs.
Speaker 3: We lou Bob.
Speaker 2: It's a good weekend to be a Chicago White Sox facing that Oakland Athletics pitching.
Speaker 1: This is the easiest call for me. Richard already called it for me. Home run is Mookie Bets. I'm taking Mookie bets for the weekend in finway. I think I'm getting two or three of them. Hopefully other people are not picking, so I'm going big on Mookie Bets. A lot of Star Wars talking here too, by the way, so I see I love it, Yeah, listen, love I.
Speaker 3: Love Star Wars. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Bogman is one of the biggest on the planet that I know, and I had a whole thing about it, and he's like, oh, you're officially a nerd now because of a take I had. I'm more of a Marvel comic guy. But I love Star Wars and eight up a Soca and good shows. It's good to have good shows. Good have you guys hanging with us? Thank you guys. Hopefully you enjoyed where Corbin and I were. Probably should have had a Star Wars one in there, that would have been a good one. A little Soaka action, maybe give away that autograph card. Shohiotani News all the latest weekend streamers, a little bit of prize picks, action and betting hopefully get you guys set for the weekend. We are back as we have been Monday, Wednesday, Friday all next week all through September to get you to your playoffs. So make sure you get questions locked in and come hang out with us. Make sure you stay subscribed to the pod is it the Welsh on Twitter bd in Trick That's where you can find us leading off. For now, we are out of here. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,