Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Welcome to another episode of Diamonds in the Run.
Speaker 2: Diamonds in the Rough, Episode three, Episode three.
Speaker 1: I'm really feeling and I'm just taking off your energy of being a diamond at this moment, because, hello, you're going back to Broadway.
Speaker 3: How does this happen? Explain to me the details?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, so I did over eighty shows exactly five years ago. Okay, in twenty twenty, I am returning to Broadway to you know, basically I have unfinished business, right, so I'm returning to Broadway to complete those shows.
Speaker 3: Because it's shut down for COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, COVID shutdown, well really two weeks before my contract was over. But this time I'm doing three limited weeks.
Speaker 3: That is so fun. And what are the dates? When is it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, January twenty three, February ninth.
Speaker 1: So maybe I need to come so I can watch again without having to deal with Suttens pain in the ass. And you're also not pregnant and I'm not pregnant, and then we can pod and do all the things.
Speaker 2: We need to pod from New York City. You need to come and we can have a nice time, and also too, if you'll remember like I did not meet your daughter Dove until like a few weeks ago, and it was five years ago. Think about your life five years ago, everything that's trans I mean that's happened to you five years ago, everything that's happened to me five years ago, and the planet. I'm not leaving anybody. Yeah, but think about how life has changed so much since exactly five years ago.
Speaker 1: Going back and doing Chicago again, are there things that you're going to change?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are there things that still to this day you're like, gosh, I wish you would have done that.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: And I was on the phone this morning with Greg Butler, who's the choreographer who gets all the Roxy's ready. And there's a very cool article you can read about it was just published like two days ago, about Greg getting all of the Roxy's ready. I said to him, you know, Greg, this run of shows, I really want to be present, So I want to make sure that I calumb over all the choreo. I'll go over all the musical stuff, all the notes, all the vocals, so that I can just be so present on stage and have a good time and really enjoy being Roxy.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that that's something I mean, this is the topic that we're going to bring up today, which is resilience. Yes, the actual definition is the capacity to withstand or to recover quickly from difficulties, toughness. We as your friends or we as the audience, however you want to look at. It had no idea everything that you were going through when you were roxy.
Speaker 2: No, it was falling apart fast. And that's not it was true like there was. I mean it was rough. It was so rough, and you know, Tom never came to a show and everything.
Speaker 3: I remember Andy asked that, yes, and while.
Speaker 2: What people don't realize now, and I don't want to stay on this too long because we've got other people to talk about, but my life was falling apart day by day in Los Angeles as I did eight shows a week in New York City, and then COVID came and then everybody's life burned down around them. So it was just it was nuts. I was holding all of that inside well.
Speaker 1: I even remember thinking, like, when I came to see you in your dressing room, how strong certain like actors, especially stage actors, have to be because you're in a small, little dressing room for hours and hours like and so especially if you're going through something I can't imagine, like.
Speaker 2: That's well, the show kept me busy and kept me mentally present, you know, kind of how like you're working now, just keeps you super focused. But without that, I mean, I really don't know what would have happened. It was rough, and I'm glad it's over.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone that didn't come to the show that you hope can make it to this round?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There's, yeah, there is. There's a couple people that I know that are coming that I'm really excited about.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited. And congratulations.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Thank you, Thank you to everybody who wished me well, all of the nice little moments on social media, Thank you so much. It really means a lot. You know, you get inspired, you you feel good, and especially when some people around you said it'd never happen again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 1: And I think I watched the documentary on Pamela Anderson.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who also was rock She was roxy too, and now she's up for a Golden Glove. And I mean, have you seen the last show Girl? I have not, but I understand it's really good.
Speaker 3: I have loved I loved her book. I loved her story.
Speaker 1: I loved her for years, for years, But I think she's also a true testament of somebody with resilience.
Speaker 2: Yes, she is, like she has you know, so are you well? I mean I think if you're in this business and you're sticking around, you're resilient.
Speaker 1: But I think we everybody loves to judge, and so watching Pamela Anderson back in her you know, bay Watch days and Tommy Lee days and all of that, and just now how she's just like a beacon of like, listen, I don't even want to wear a makeup good for her, but.
Speaker 2: She's earned the right not to. That's what's so cool about it. I mean, pam is and I don't know her, but like Diana knows her, and everybody that I know, Greg loves her. Everybody do you know her?
Speaker 1: I don't know her well, I've only like hung around her, not enough to people really like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's nice to see her have her her whole resurgence yeah, on her own terms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on her own terms, and also be able to share.
Speaker 1: I think that sometimes people think, like oh, to be resilient, or to be talented, or to be successful. You don't have moments that you regret or things that you're ashamed of. No, that's the whole fucking point.
Speaker 2: The whole point is to be knocked down, shake it off, and get back up. And of course you have terrible moments. This is called life. And everybody fucks up. That's just the truth. You know, everybody fucks up.
Speaker 1: Everybody fucks up, and then everybody is going to have some amazing some of their best times ever.
Speaker 2: Then, know what, You're gonna fuck up again, and you're gonna fuck up again. You're gonna get knocked down again. You're gonna pick yourself back up again. And that's life. It's the fact. What makes you resilient is that you get back up. Yeah, and you are still engaged in the game of life. And that is something that I'm very proud of you. I'm very proud of you. And you got some ways to go, but you're gonna have some really good wins.
Speaker 3: The holidays are gonna make it.
Speaker 1: We'll get into holiday stuff later, but that's definitely going to add another level.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, it's sadness and it's stressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but somebody else in the public eye who I think has shown a lot of resilience, as Kelly clarkson.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, do you know I saw this woman say she sounds better live than on the fucking record. That woman's voice is a gift from God above, like and it is a gift from God above.
Speaker 3: And so is her personality. She's a sweet person, she's.
Speaker 1: Funny, she can be self deprecating. I think she has a good heart, Like her kids go to my kids' school like a nice kid and they're like, she's great. But she says she has no regrets moving to New York City for a fresh start.
Speaker 2: Good for her.
Speaker 3: It was the best decision for her.
Speaker 1: She put her happiness first when she moved to New York after years in Los Angeles. So let me rephrase her kids used to go to my kids right, people will go now they didn't you move New York whatever?
Speaker 2: You know what alone, you know what we meant.
Speaker 1: After years in Los Angeles, Kelly packed up her life with two young children and headed to the Big Apple, taking her hit talk show with her. The move to New York City was a fresh start for her that she has never regretted. The Insider says she had not been happy in Los Angeles for a while, but was still nervous about moving. It was the best decision for her, though they thrive as a fan.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wonderful because you know that it's like imagine leaving a talk show, well not leaving, but taking it with you. It's not like they just say, oh, yeah, let's pack up and move to New York. That's not I mean, even though Kelly.
Speaker 3: A really damn good at your job, for them to go, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, roots up and then just go play, you know, across the East Coast and then taking your kids out of school, yeah, and moving completely somewhere new in the city. Listen, say, New York City's tough. I know I lived there. She's not for the week. And it's a big thing to take your kids, move them across all the way to the East Coast, take your show, move it over there.
Speaker 3: And I haven't, to be perfectly honest, I haven't loved what her ex husband has said and done to her.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who he is.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that he makes a lot of money from being.
Speaker 2: Mister Kelly Clarkson.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Ow, And to me, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Kelly, you know, I'm happy or happy. Yeah you get that, dude.
Speaker 1: Well it got renewed for season seven by NBC Universal, so it comes very clear that she is thriving.
Speaker 2: See, there's life after all of these things. Yeah, got to just stick it out.
Speaker 3: Her show averages is a one point two million viewers per day and increase from the fall twenty twenty three and consistently ranks as one of the top syndicated talk shows, which for people that aren't like talk shows used to be everything.
Speaker 2: Well, now there's so much content or media however you want to say it like to get there or to get that rating is still big.
Speaker 1: That's huge because think about how many talk shows no longer exist.
Speaker 2: Well there aren't Anny, and how big they used to had, Oprah, Phil Donah, Sally, I Love Me Some, Mauri Montel, Williams, Montell, Jenny, Jenny, Ricky Lake, Jenny Jones, who know that was Sally, Jesse, Raphael but the Glasses, Joan Rivers, everybody had a talk show.
Speaker 3: This is something I am a little curious about.
Speaker 2: Oh, the kids wanting to date, the kids not wanting her to date.
Speaker 1: She says she's very satisfied with life, loves being a mom, and she's fine, Uh with not dating because their kids don't want her to. I want to ask one question, go ahead, is she getting it in?
Speaker 2: We'll see that. Only she can answer that, right, Do you think that there's a difference, Like, yeah, there's a very big difference.
Speaker 3: Oh. I think there's a difference too.
Speaker 1: But like the question though, is does she mean dating like introduce them to a party?
Speaker 2: Oh no, my mother never did that. My mother never had a man sleepover. And my mother never introduced me to anybody she was quote dating, And I am very grateful for that. It's the one thing she did, right.
Speaker 3: Would did she ever get remarried?
Speaker 2: No? I mean she married the same man twice who was my stepfather who adopted me, So she fucked that up. But the one thing she did do after all that was she never brought anybody else home again. So I am grateful for that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, So I think that Kelly could be hanging out with I mean, I have well, and that's her private life.
Speaker 2: But introducing someone to your children is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Someone brought me brand new to your kids.
Speaker 2: That's not happening unless I would For me, I would think that was someone really quality that I thought there was a possibility of having a real relationship with otherwise, like I'm bringing some stray home.
Speaker 3: I mean I think that, well, am I talking like a dude?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, we talk about you the way you talk about us, Sonny. Let me tell you. Oh wait a minute, So this just in, this just in. Someone in our group here told us that, well, Matt told us he used to wait tables and that Kelly tipped one hundred percent of the bill.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: That's generous, that is and that is classy, and that shows that you have appreciation for what somebody else is doing.
Speaker 2: And where you come from. Yes, this remember this was a young woman from Texas, right yeah, and with a with a big gift from American Idol right to She's still here.
Speaker 3: She's still here, and she's better than ever.
Speaker 2: Oh the Martha Stewart Dot.
Speaker 3: You guys, if you have not watched Martha.
Speaker 2: Please do. I mean I've watched, but I need to sit down and really digest it. But I love it that Martha says she needs a part too, because part one just didn't it wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: Martha's not lacking and confidence.
Speaker 2: Martha is a motherfucker. The best way possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then watching it, I was like got a little bit confused about like did she really need to go to jail?
Speaker 2: Well, Martha can tell you, Oh you think she's going to be on Hey Martha, do you know I have a picture I would give anything. She'd probably cuss us out and I'd love it. So I have one of my cherished pictures is myself and Martha and Wendy Williams on either side of me, the three of us together. We went to a fashion show in New York. It's just so good where legends it's that my camera roll.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for you to be like three legends, three icons.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm surrounded by icons on either side. I'll have to find that pick. But we were at the Blonds fashion show. It was a few years ago in Manhattan, and you know, and Martha was like hello Erica. Whendy's like oh hey, and I no.
Speaker 3: No, that Martha knows your name. You're doing something right.
Speaker 2: Not really, she was introduced. I you know, oh hi, she It's not like she knows my name. And Wendy was like, oh, hey, you're that girl, and so you know.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, Well we got to a big judge to position.
Speaker 1: When we talk about the Martha Stewart documentary versus the Wendy Williams one.
Speaker 3: I know that one like breaks my heart breaks for Wendy, But I think that also shows the difference between when you have control over your own.
Speaker 2: Oh, Wendy's sick, Wendy's not well, Martha's Yeah, they're going through two different things in my opinion. Yeah, Wendy's not well, So yeah, you can't you can't judge. Yeah, I wasn't really judging, no, like I was balance them. I'm sure if Wendy was well, she'd be fighting like a motherfucker. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think when you watch Wendy's store, you see the amount of years, but it just yeah, it was hard. But I think that Martha is a true testament to Martha is a bad ass.
Speaker 3: I'm going to figure it out, and I'm going to do this.
Speaker 2: Not only am I going to figure shit out, I'm gonna like dominate. Yeah, and I don't know, you know. And her relationship with Snoop Dogg, which is so if you look at that you'd be like, oh, wow, that's an unexpected friendship.
Speaker 3: But I guess they really are tight, which I love well, she seems like the type of person if she.
Speaker 2: Likes you, she likes you right, and she doesn't she has no problem telling you.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, or just not speaking to you. Both are good. Both are fine.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite method of if somebody is not for you? Would you rather just kind of ic them out or would you rather be like, hey, I know we run.
Speaker 2: I don't say anything. Yeah, you don't exist. Yeah, I'm one of these people that's just like you're deleted from my experience on this planet and it doesn't really matter. Well what do you do?
Speaker 3: I'm an overthinker? Are you overthinker? Yeah? Like I will replay something like, well we.
Speaker 2: All do that. But I'm asking like, if you don't like someone, do you tell them or do you just I.
Speaker 1: Think it depends on how close I was with the person. Like if somebody wronged.
Speaker 2: Me, well, that's different. That's sticking up for yourself. Yeah, but I think I hit my limits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what I'm not one of those ones that's like, oh this time, Like it's like once it's done, it's done.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I am not a dabbler.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it may take.
Speaker 1: Me a while to get there in any relationships or friendships or whatever the situation is.
Speaker 3: But then strangers, like if the stranger's an asshole to me, then.
Speaker 2: No nobody that you don't get my energy for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like, I don't care. I don't care about that. Is it hard for you to.
Speaker 2: Show resilience in this time in your life? I think it's a little bit hard because you don't want to be thought of as being mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Because then people are like, ah, well, you must be fucking nice to be feeling good and blah blah blah. Like I don't feel good all the time, and I try to show that there's highs and lows, like I try to find the good parts of my life, like with the kids, with what you were with whatever. But like, yes, of course there are moments like yesterday was great. I got the pinjury, put me up in that room, like it was really nice.
Speaker 3: It was like this beautiful.
Speaker 2: Staycation, Like loved it.
Speaker 1: It made a nesting experience fun because normally, you know, I'm I'm you know, and she's out of town or so and So's house and I'm but I was able to just like have a moment and I didn't. I didn't feel sadel like. I felt good. I watched shows. I got a massad like it was nice. That being said, I'm already starting to think about like New Year's Eve with the kids, Like.
Speaker 3: What do you do normally?
Speaker 2: It's like, do you have them?
Speaker 3: I have them for New Year's ey Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch Anderson and Andy and order in. I know what I do every year, and I text Andy, are you going to drink this year?
Speaker 3: I need I need him to drink.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: He was cheer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry if I exposed up, but he said it was gonna be good, so I expect it to be. I said, if Anderson could get hit in the head with that palm tree in a hurricane, you can have a cocktail. And I mean that. And I don't care what those CNN people say at them. We need a show, CNN, we need it.
Speaker 1: And then they start, I like when they drink and then they start bickering, or when Anderson's still trying to micromanager Andy.
Speaker 2: It's so good. The sheer terror on Anderson's face as Andy takes shots makes me so happy.
Speaker 3: It's so good. It's just because I love a micromanager.
Speaker 2: Well you are a micro manager, So I love it.
Speaker 1: So I love to see when other people do it. Like it starts with like the hand touch, like right, and then you know, and then you start mouthing the words you actually want them to say.
Speaker 2: Right, or this this camera, there's a camera.
Speaker 3: This will be everywhere tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But meanwhile, that's the part when Andy cussed out Mayre de Blasio. It was It's so epic. It's just a yeah, I mean, it was just it was brilliant. I really need another moment like that, and CNN get off Andy's case for that shit. He brings you ratings. Otherwise I would not be stuck at home watching this. Yeah, the pleasure giving us something to do, right, we're here, I mean, who watches the news for the New year'sit? We Dick Clark's Rock and Eve.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, we want good stuff, and part of that is getting loose, getting a little loose, like especially as I'm probably gonna be drinking grape cider with my kids.
Speaker 2: You know what I used to do with my son is do that with the Martinelli's spark. Yeah, I love it that way. You know, they think that they're doing something big. Yeah, and they're not.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not. I'm not that cool. We do do East Coast New Year's.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're in bed by twelve, we're in bed by nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well you need to do no thing. I'm watching Anderson and Andy. This is my yearly thing. What do you think I'm gonna put on some dress and get out there. No, I am staying in my living room.
Speaker 3: What will you be by yourself or will you be with a friendly No?
Speaker 2: Probably be by myself and my pj's laid up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ordering what food?
Speaker 2: As shit? I don't know yet. I don't know something bad. Well I better not because I have to squeeze into this costume. I have to start rehearsals, so I oh, yeah, you start. So you need to relax a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I think I think the thing that's hard about showing resilience, and I think you know the same, is people take it as you not caring.
Speaker 2: And you know what I'm saying, that's to.
Speaker 3: Say, you know, you don't care.
Speaker 2: You're a terrible human. How could you be this way? It's like, guys, I'm trying to protect myself and pick myself up. I'm sorry if I don't show it in a way that you a understand or be appreciate or so you just want to be a dick and Jon yeah, you know, and it's it's I think all women, unfortunately, we get held to a bit of a different standard. If you're just trying to pick yourself up, there's no right way to do it, You're going to offend someone, which is well, you cannot care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is why I'm really trying not to care. You have you can't, and I'm just trying to care about like the kids and what matters, like showing up to work, my kids, you know.
Speaker 3: Keeping it. But there are gonna like I you can't lie.
Speaker 1: There are moments where I'm like, God, I kind of wish I was traveling somewhere for Christmas kids.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't have nothing wrong with that. Like there's just those like, well, listen, I miss.
Speaker 2: My beautiful home with all the trees and all the love that was in that We had fun Inbasadena. I mean, it was a great time. I miss all of that. But things are different now and I have to make Look, my dog's no longer with me, and you know, so like it's just me and the tree.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it's Yeave decorated a tree. I think Tam said she still hasn't decorated a tree. I'm like, get your shit together.
Speaker 2: Tam is late. You are late to the celebration.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I get that you had COVID, but or she did.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's around again.
Speaker 3: I know still exists.
Speaker 2: My god, my dreams five years later, but now the bird lose around.
Speaker 3: What are the signs now? I haven't don't say that.
Speaker 2: Remember when I when I was psychotic, Yes.
Speaker 3: You guys thought I had mold poisoning.
Speaker 2: No you thought. No, you guys you were also pregnant and not telling us, and we didn't know what was wrong with you. So be clear.
Speaker 3: I didn't know I was preggening at first. Oh well, I mean it took sixteen weeks before me. Whoa, Yes, I didn't know which I was sixteen weeks pregnant. Holy shit, Wow geez and the other ones are IBF.
Speaker 2: So you know what resilience dove dove, and then serve finger and then the murder at your house and then the oh my god, you know what. That's why I said at the top of this show, the last five years for you and I've just been fucking insane. Here's you know what, cheers to us for a peaceful calm twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: How long do you think we'll make it forever that's as peaceful? Yeah, I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: You have to start changing your mind. I'm telling you all this neuroscience stuff the way you think you We're gonna have to have a real sit down and I'm gonna have to convince you that your words and your thoughts are gonna be your future. So you cannot say that even in joking, Okay.
Speaker 1: Just because what would you say was your biggest aha moment.
Speaker 3: To create that?
Speaker 1: Like, because there was, in lack of a better word, when you were kind of getting it on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were angry. I've been angry for years. You know what my friend Mikey said to me. He said, you know, Andy said, you know, Eric is much lighter because well, yeah, Erica, you've been fighting for the last four years, and even before that, you were fighting to hold up the walls of a marriage that was crumbling. So they've never really known you as who you really are. It's always been in a state of decline and then destruction. So I'm sorry, what was your question?
Speaker 1: You're like, shit, hold on, no, but what was that moment that you were like, Okay, I'm I'm I'm gonna switch off that anger button. I mean, of course it's always gonna come up, but like I did see like a shift in you as your friend that I was like, okay.
Speaker 2: Well I just stuck it out in therapy. I don't know that it was. It was it was a choice every day to make incremental steps towards being less angry or less reactive. I guess, yeah, and not to respond, but to think about how I should respond and not allow my emotions or what my therapist calls part X run the game, you know, to step back and say, hold on, what I'm feeling right now? Is me being reactive to a situation? Like is does this really call for that? And nine times out of ten the answer is no, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: You did say something last week on the pod. You said, well, I or maybe it was on the show. I don't even know, but you're like, well, yeah, I've been diagnosed with things. I'm happy to share what I've been dying anxiety depression, anxiety depression, so I'm anxiety and OCD Are you really OC?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't have that at all, otherwise my house would be much.
Speaker 1: No, but mine, sadly, mine is an about things being clean. It's about like lists.
Speaker 2: Oh well I can give you something. Let me give you some things to list out for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lists on lists on lists and lists.
Speaker 2: Do you use post it or do you use I have?
Speaker 3: I have a note pad and then I also.
Speaker 2: Have Can we count between that and being organized? I mean that just sounds like something I would want to be.
Speaker 3: You want to be until it like keeps you up at night?
Speaker 2: Well, how many lists do you? Is it something that you keep making these your list over and over the.
Speaker 3: Same list like one little thing?
Speaker 2: What are you looking for when you make it over?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it a SLFE change?
Speaker 1: Like something something small will change where somebody could maybe like just and I'm like no, wow, well gotta go by this way as long as I can remember.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so from the time you really so.
Speaker 1: When do you think that your anxiety and depression started with when you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it started when I was little. But I have my first anxiety attack at thirty years old, and I remember what it was because I had to go to the hospital. This was long before I was on TV or anything. I had taken a medication. I had had food poisoning, like really bad food poisoning, and I took this medication to make you stop vomiting. So fan yeah, and just for me, I had a massive anxiety attack and I didn't know what it was. I thought I was dying, and it was everything that you think. It is, elevated heart rate, you're shallow breathing. And I remember being in the emergency room in this very nice older doctor looked at me and he goes, you're having an anxiety attack. And I literally said to him, I'm sorry, what is that excuse? I don't I don't know what that is, and he's like okay. And so from there, of course, I shoved it under the rug because Tom told me, you know what, do you have to be anxiety? You know you aren't too happy, look at those place like look at your life. You don't reason you have no anxiety. It's wrong with you. So I as if anxiety is a choice, well exactly, which I didn't know. And I was too young to understand an abba k for myself and to an experienced end of it, you know, So I shoved it under the rug and under the rug and under the rug. And then, if you'll recall I've shared this before before my marriage blew up like in the worst way, you know, I used to uh secretly go to therapy because yeah, because I wasn't allowed to go to therapy because he, well, something's wrong with you, right, something's wrong.
Speaker 3: With me or something sharing something about him.
Speaker 2: Or something was wrong with our marriage, or something was wrong with he didn't do enough, so it was insulting to him that I would have to go get help. But when it had nothing to do with him, he took it personally as if havn't I provided enough for you? Are you not happy with this life? But the whole time it had nothing to do with him and everything to do with me. It was unresolved childhood shit and a whole bunch of other stuff. So that's my story, and that's why doctor Jen has been so important to me. And when I was fifty, so I'm fifty three now. I remember when I turned fifty, I said, I'm here to drop off fifty years of bullshit and I'm going full in on this therapy thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I've learned a lot in therapy too, Like there's been moments that I take personally. Yeah, like like my relationship with money, for example.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a big one we talk about in therapy, like.
Speaker 3: I will unfreaking hinge me.
Speaker 2: But it does everybody? I asked my therapist. I asked doctor gin, I said, does everybody have this? She goes, everybody has their own unique relationship to money.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, I think it was because my mom had a lot of money and then you know, I lost it all and I saw that happen.
Speaker 3: So I am such a certain way about that.
Speaker 1: So that and then if anybody talks about like my relationship with my mom.
Speaker 2: Is that a self side, I can't take it.
Speaker 3: I cannot take it.
Speaker 1: That's okay, And it's it really it's coming up in therapy because you know when you talk about things back and forth, and I feel myself even getting defensive with the therapist.
Speaker 2: That's normal, by the way, Like that's very normal.
Speaker 3: Like she's she must not be hearing what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's very normal, by the way. And it's you trying to rationalize and yeah, but you know what, the more you the fact that you recognize that you're doing that will help you overcome it. It's a long road because it took a long way to get here. Yeah, it's gonna take a long way to get back. But just stay in it. You'll you'll appreciate it later. Listen, I rage on my mom on the television show I Am so mean to my mom. And does she deserve it? No? But does she deserve it?
Speaker 3: Most?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think, yeah, she' all don't see the way she treats me. But that ain't write either. Yeah, you know, but that ain't write either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, none of it's always right. We can't always have it. Okay, when you think Bravo celebrities who show resilience, clearly we can't say ourselves or Temera or Kyle or one of the like obvious choices choices of our friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, one outside of the box.
Speaker 2: That's outside of our box. Here, who you got?
Speaker 1: Uh? One?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 2: This is probably not going to be a popular It doesn't matter if it's popular. You just have to admire the resilience. I would say, la la kent Yep, it's just tough.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are times which I hate using this word because you guys love to use it against me. There's times where her accountability is askew. But what I think that, you know, at the end of the day, she stands up for her ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it may maybe maybe not in the moment, which I don't think we all have the capability of doing. But I think she always comes back around yeah and does it.
Speaker 3: And I think she's been through a lot.
Speaker 2: She's been through a lot, she's and she's grown a lot, and she has a lot. She she's on the right track. Like she gets a hard.
Speaker 3: She gets a hard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Those girls in Jersey are tough. Man.
Speaker 3: I would say Dolores Catania.
Speaker 2: She's sweet like, but she's fun. She's f those women because they all have different things going on. I don't know the New York girls, so I know the older New York girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, can I ask you a question? Yeah? I mean, I guess this has nothing to do with resilience. But would you be mad? Okay, So we're sitting together. Let's pretend we're both married, Okay, and we're talking about one of our husband's penises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you made a joke like about my potential husband's penis and I showed you a picture of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, too far, too far, too far.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know. I also don't want to know about your husband's penis size. Now, if you're dating somebody, I'll be like, oh girl, what's what's going on? Yeah, but your husband, Like, that's not a place for me.
Speaker 3: That's actually a good point that I didn't think of.
Speaker 2: That's not a place.
Speaker 1: Funny thing if you're in the early stages and we're girl talking, but like, once you're married, you have kids, and you have all that.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't need to know. It's none of my business. But that's me, you know. I don't need to know about what you're doing in the bedroom. I don't need to know about that stuff. Now, if you want to show me like oh gosh, Erica, you know, or if I came to how about this better? I came to you and I said look at this, and you were like, oh wow, and I said, yeah, you know, because when you're single and you're out there, it's completely different than if you're married.
Speaker 3: That's not that would you send a nude to who?
Speaker 2: You know, if you were like texting with a guy, yeah, with your face in or out? Probably out Yeah, I don't think it. I don't need that out there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, well so you haven't really given us.
Speaker 2: Don't crack my phone.
Speaker 3: Don't let me guess your code.
Speaker 2: No, I can't so encrypted. You never will. Even the government doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Even even the government, Uh, you know, I need the government government on my side?
Speaker 3: What there on? No one's side.
Speaker 2: By the way, what's up with those fucking drones in Jersey?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Not just the drones and Jersey, what's up with the fucking cars. I was in Beverly Hills the other day with no humans in the.
Speaker 2: This is your this is your absolute brilliant you know what you are perfect for. Weymo, Weymo, if you're listening.
Speaker 3: Guess what what? Someone got my number when I was there?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: I know? This is crazy.
Speaker 2: So a guy comes phone number.
Speaker 1: So I didn't ask me for the number. He asked Justin Sylvester the lady, and he gave it.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't text Justin you. I know Justice is one of my good friends. Well, we get together and go to the French place up the street.
Speaker 3: Even your neighbors, I know, I love Justin. He's the best ever.
Speaker 1: But I didn't text back fast enough to say no, I'm not actually interested in this particular person. So he just gave out and the numbers knew by the way, so very very few people have this number.
Speaker 3: I have it, but I need and listen.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna call out this person, but I need to read to you.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: Oh I am so jealous, you bitch up.
Speaker 3: But I couldn't respond because it was so cramped.
Speaker 2: Oh please send it. Oh, please read it right now, and then you show me who it is. Oh my, oh my god, I'm so delighted. I feel like I'm seven. See, I get excited for my friends. This was so nobody texted me unless it's really naughty ship.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I had Hi, Teddy, this is blank blank. It was nice meeting you briefly today at Elpasta with Justin. That's let's make a plan and go have fun. We deserve it.
Speaker 3: Br bur Oh now who is you know?
Speaker 2: And it's a Now it's remind me to get my eyes checked on.
Speaker 1: Let's make a plan and go have fun.
Speaker 3: I know we don't. No, we're not you know what?
Speaker 1: Can just delete that any that's the screenshot of me sending it to Kyle. I didn't actually respond, I deleted.
Speaker 2: Wait what was Kyle's response?
Speaker 1: They both like, that is the worst pickup text I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: We deserve it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do deserve it, but maybe not with that guy. No, yeah, no, oh Lord.
Speaker 3: To start next thing? How do you navigate the holidays?
Speaker 2: Navigate?
Speaker 3: What? Well?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: What were you saying? What you got mad on the show and you're like, what, oh.
Speaker 2: God, girl, that was when I blew up Kathy Hilton's dinner party. Let's just move on Christmas. I don't know, can you do the mouth or what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 2: It was? Years ago? I was going through drama.
Speaker 3: Even though Edwin has the kids on Christmas, even Christmas Day, I will, of course you should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will be with the kid. I'm gonna go sleep in the guest room and.
Speaker 2: Do Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Santa Claus the next day, so I'll come, probably go to church with them on Christmas Eve night, Like, are you guys Catholic?
Speaker 3: Christian?
Speaker 2: But I need to go to midnight Mass.
Speaker 1: Ours is at six and Pasadena. If you want to come, you go to Pasadena well, normally it's in Hollywood, but on Christmas they have multiple places.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna drive by your own Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna drive by my own place. I'm not gonna so I can burst into tears, my eyes up develop.
Speaker 1: So yes, I'll be with them Christmas Eve, and then Christmas Day will do Sanna and then I guess that's when I peace out, and then I get them back on the New Year's twenty ninth, and I need to figure out somewhere to go or somewhere to do.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm available.
Speaker 3: Do you want to take care of all of my children with me?
Speaker 2: No? Unless I can get really drunk and be like the bad friend Mommy's naughty friend.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're my friend solely on the nesting night.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. After I leave here, I'm gonna go have a double laser dump by my dermatologist, doctor Jason Emmer, so I will be looking like a ghoul. Oh, I don't want to scare the kids.
Speaker 1: Well, I went to go get botox the other day, the same lady who did my necklift. Yeah, and she mentioned that it might be time for me to get my eyelids.
Speaker 2: Everybody's doing an Upper Bluff.
Speaker 3: That's what she said.
Speaker 2: Everybody's doing it.
Speaker 3: But do I need it? Do I want it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: How about we got bigger fish to fry for you right now now? I, on the other hand, I need it.
Speaker 3: You do not have hooded eyes. I do. Hold on, Look who has bigger hoods?
Speaker 2: I don't know. So I was thinking of going to midnight Mass. I told you, did I tell you? I was looking at Mass times. I'm Catholic. I'm the only Catholic in my family. And I said to my son, who was over at my house, I said, why am I looking at Mass times? And he's like, you're searching them? Yeah, you're really searching for something.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like the worship aspect. I love the songs.
Speaker 2: I love that it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do they bring animals? Like did they do that?
Speaker 3: Oh no? Oh man, but they already did.
Speaker 1: Like the kids performance the Christmas pageant, Yeah, where Cruise was the star but he like a star?
Speaker 3: Oh no, he was a star, but he was too big for the costumes.
Speaker 2: Do you have pictures of this?
Speaker 3: I have to see we were dying live because he's like this.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I love to go.
Speaker 2: I just think it's so special when everybody's kids and families. However you worship, you know on Christmas that you know that everybody goes and has fun, and it's like the one time of the year that you can feel that warmth. I think everybody, everybody wants to feel love everybody and should I really should. But I'm not going to confession.
Speaker 3: Is your mom coming.
Speaker 2: She's coming out? My mom is in My mom is in graduate school. Yeah, no, not for art, and so she's coming out here after the first year at cal Arts. I know. It's fucking nuts. My mom was in her seventies and grad school. My son's going back to school to get his masters.
Speaker 3: Did I go back to high school?
Speaker 2: I was going to say, because I never. I'm the only one out of my family that did not go to college and beyond. So my mom's coming out. So she'll be out after the first of the year, and then I'll see her and then I go to New York for Roxy.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what shall I'll be going to New York then? Too?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I heard thank you so much. What is your best Christmas memory?
Speaker 2: Okay, two things. Christmas Eve was at my grandmother's. We always had a really big dinner and then the family would exchange gifts, meaning my aunts, my uncles, everybody came over. It was a great dinner, and then you went home. Santa Claus came the next morning. That's always great. But then you went back to my grandmother's for lunch and we saw everybody again. So that was probably the coolest thing. The lights were on. My grandmother used to make all her own well made her own bows, and we would wrap and so like a whole thing. It was a big deal.
Speaker 1: What about you, Well, when I'm in Indiana, I would say, it's it's similar. We're on Christmas Day. We all go to my grandpa's. Who's like, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, how old is Richard? Now ninety?
Speaker 1: This is John's dad, my dad's dad who they how much ninety looks just like him, but you know, ninety ninety two year old version. And I mean he has six kids.
Speaker 2: Your dad is one of six?
Speaker 1: Yes, and then all there, I mean one has passed away and then they have all their kids and like every year, I mean we have it like that. Every year we've ever gone where we all sit on the stairs like and take and take a pick.
Speaker 3: And then all the kids.
Speaker 1: So it's just really metamorphosed into like now only the babies fit on the staircase so many of you.
Speaker 3: And we play a family football game. We do that.
Speaker 2: I've seen that online.
Speaker 1: So that's that's always really fun in regards to like my family and stuff that we like to do.
Speaker 3: We're so on the go all the time. Yeah, that the ability to.
Speaker 2: Just be is this a big deal?
Speaker 3: But my kids.
Speaker 1: Really do want to see snow this year, so that I need to I need to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Dree just took her kids to Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: That's where they want to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or park City? Excuse me, park City.
Speaker 1: No, that's where my kids want to go. They want to go the day after Christmas and it's only an hour flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty close. You should go.
Speaker 1: Did she go by herself with the kids. Yeah, okay, so it's doable for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: Do you know some places you go with your kids by yourself?
Speaker 2: And then it's no, apparently, like I haven't talked to her since she's come home, but I know that that's where she was going when I saw her last and all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm gonna text her give her a text. How much would she hate me these days?
Speaker 2: She doesn't.
Speaker 3: Nobody hates you.
Speaker 2: Get off that. Yeah, all right, no more negative self talk. I'm fucking serious. You canna stop all that, Erica.
Speaker 1: Oh you're also going to have to know that I'm self deprecating by nature only once.
Speaker 2: Like you, You've used up your value. You used up your my value, your credit, I said, credit said credits. Goddamn, Erica, shut your mouth up. Subconscious raging.
Speaker 3: Do you have an all time favorite Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: Yes? Uh White, uh White Christmas? You know, the one with Bing Crosby. Yes, and they go and they save the inn from being shut down. It's Rosemary Clooney and Vera Gosh, I forget Vera's last name, and it's you know I'm dreaming of. It's musical, and yes, we have to watch it all the time.
Speaker 3: I pretty much end up always watching the alf because of the.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's the kids. See when you come to my place with the gays, we get out the champagne and the liquor and then recreate all the dance numbers, and well that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: But also at the Pinjury, they play Christmas movies from five pm on and the Night.
Speaker 2: Oh do you like? I also watch It's a Wonderful Life. I know it's kind of corny.
Speaker 3: No, wonderful Life. I love that.
Speaker 1: I like that one Christmas Story I used to like. My kids hate it, so we don't watch that.
Speaker 2: Oh they're gonna shoot your eye on. I love with the leg. I'm telling you the leg. I love Christmas Story. I will watch Gremlins.
Speaker 3: Gremlin is that Halloween?
Speaker 2: No, it takes it. It's it's around because you're thinking of Jack Skellingtons. I'll watch that one too. I'll watch Home Alone. I love Home Alone, Love Home Alone, love classics. Do you bake or cook or are you going to order? Well, I've threatened to bake and we're getting our recipes out. I have an apron. Listen, guys, it's a big deal. Yeah, I'll bake something.
Speaker 3: What do you what? Are you going to bake?
Speaker 2: Cookies or cakes?
Speaker 1: Okay, dessert, some sort of not like a chicken pop pie.
Speaker 2: No, but I can make a turkey can I have a cool glass turkey plot? Yep, it's the one thing I can do, guys. I can only make two things. I can make a birthday cake from scratch via the Magnolia Bakery cookbook. And I can make a turkey. My grandmother taught me how to make it.
Speaker 3: So those two things more than I know how to make.
Speaker 2: It's the only two things I can make. So if you need it, if you need a birthday came from scratch and I can make the frosty, or if you need a turkey, which means it's only two times a year. I got to show up for this shit.
Speaker 3: But those are two good things to be able to bring the.
Speaker 2: Only thing I can make. And I have a cool turkey platter that I took specifically from Pasadena.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And my friends were asking me like, why are you taking this, Like we have to leave. I was like, but this turkey platter and the dog needs to come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never know if I needed.
Speaker 1: It, I'll show you this later in a social But my favorite thing to do is thread the popcorn with the cranberry.
Speaker 3: I love that on the tree.
Speaker 2: A very southern thing to do, very southern. And do you use a thimble because your fingers.
Speaker 3: Because then if not, you poke through your fingers and.
Speaker 2: Her fingers get hurt.
Speaker 1: But here's also the thing pro to for those of you with young kids. It takes a long time, so they can be busy.
Speaker 3: They're booked up.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. And that's because they get sugared up around this time of the year two and I want to make her she kisses cookies.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be good. I would come over for those. Yeah, I thought I come over to you.
Speaker 2: You have a bigger Oh no, no.
Speaker 3: It depends if i'm depends if I'm nesting or not.
Speaker 1: Hold on, it's Army Hammer's place available right now.
Speaker 2: No, the real people live in that. But he has a podcast called Army Hammer Time. No. I watched his mom on it.
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 2: I living in like a very humble abode.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how he had to sell his truck at CarMax. CarMax, if you'd like to reach out, I'm open for your car.
Speaker 2: Are you really we don't even drive?
Speaker 3: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Don't swindle Carmacks?
Speaker 3: Well listen, No, my car is pretty big. I don't know car. Do you have a Lincoln like extended Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Like a Navigator something?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's so big.
Speaker 2: What are you doing with that?
Speaker 1: Because I thought that I was gonna drive more and I don't, and so I just need something that's up around with the kids, fit in.
Speaker 2: But whatever, whatever you need to go electric like I did, I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Why it's fast, I get I feel really nauseous in the Tesla.
Speaker 2: We'll get in the Porsche.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, let me get right on that. Right after I'm done with every lawyer.
Speaker 2: Bill Oh no, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: After my god only after my only fans page takes off, I'll go ahead and get that porch I want.
Speaker 2: So then CarMax, CarMax set us up. Hit her up, Porsche, hit me up.
Speaker 3: Let's see favorite Christmas gifts from your ex. Ah, I can tell you a funny one.
Speaker 2: Okay, So one year I said, Tom, you know what I want for Christmas is a toolbox. And I literally meant like this little thing I saw at home depot, which was a hammer, and you know, cause you need like a screwdriver and a hammer at a big house, so the finials on the doors. So I just wanted that. This man went to see you. I know, he didn't do it. His driver did it, and bought me an automotive car tool set from snap On Tools. And it weighed a thousand pounds and he's like, look, I got the biggest one. I said, Tom, this is for cars, like, I don't change oil like, I'm not a mechanic, and he literally looks at me. We cried for fifteen minutes. It was funny. I said, I just wanted the little.
Speaker 3: Like thing to do the house.
Speaker 2: I asked for the top of the line. I said, Tom, I am not a mechanic. That shows you how disconnected the man was. He was just like Jose go, go, go and get Erica some tools and he said okay, went to Sears and came back with snap on tools and it was literally rapped and the shit was heavy and it was wrapped up under the tree.
Speaker 3: What's that home improvement? And that's what I'm picturing now? Yeah, Well, I just want what about you?
Speaker 2: What I mean, Tom, God bless you, My God got the man truly was checked out and got me an automotive toolkit. I do not do oil changes.
Speaker 1: Edwin was more like a Stacker gift type of person like, and I didn't mind it. It would be like I am going to do something for your anniversary, this, this, and it all kind of became one bigger gift that No, that is what he did, which.
Speaker 2: Is just once a year you and what was it?
Speaker 3: It would depend like on the situation.
Speaker 1: Which here's what I started saying, which was please at least like write me a letter or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you send me a card or like have the.
Speaker 3: Kids get me little things with drawing?
Speaker 2: But a Starbucks give?
Speaker 3: I mean I was.
Speaker 2: I hate something that just acknowledges the fact. Well, this is a question.
Speaker 1: I've gotten a bunch and now I need to ask you what this is not Christmas gifts? This is just gifts or I don't know if a wedding ring is considered a gift.
Speaker 2: I don't. Oh you're a lawyer, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Where is yours? When do you think, like do you think people after I have to give it back?
Speaker 2: No? I think if you give someone a gift, that's it. I don't give with if I gave you something, I gave it to you, I don't.
Speaker 3: But would you ever wear it again?
Speaker 2: I don't think. So.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's discuss a little self care during the holidays. How do you treat yourself when you have time off?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 2: Okay, how do I treat myself when I have time off?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you to ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because when Andy asks what she always does, which it really irritates some housewives, and some housewives just answer very authentically when he asks about plastic surgery. Yeah, I've noticed you will sometimes get annoyed. Yeah, but then when we're talking about it, like even on the show, like you're fine with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the way you ask me, okay, yeah, because I don't think that it requires an answer. If I volunteer the information, if I want to share it, I should be able to share it because at the end of the day, it's like my choice to do so, right.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, what is your thought when somebody lies about it? Like if somebody said to.
Speaker 1: Me, I don't care, you wouldn't care, but I would feel weird lying about having a necklift, like to me, like I had one, yeah, and I've been very open about it and my next significantly changed. I wouldn't want to lie to people that follow me on Instagram or anything and be like, oh, no, I was just doing this.
Speaker 2: But I think that No, but I think that's your choice. I don't think that everybody has to do that. Like if I came in here with a facelift and you said, oh, Erica, did you have a facelift, and I go, yeah, I had a facelift. Like it's I've said I've had a nose job. I said, I've had it, you know my boomstead No once, but twice I need to do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm too Should we get joint?
Speaker 2: I don't know you're going to work as a deal. Do we have to be on Instagram for these free tits?
Speaker 3: Yesh? We do free titch on the ground.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know about that. Everybody got their teeth done there.
Speaker 3: I don't know mine are there?
Speaker 2: Why was I not?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What was the point of your question?
Speaker 1: No, the point of the question was in regards to self care or a surgery. How much do you think somebody is required to share?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel differently because now you're talking about somebody's health, Like how much of that do you disclose? And I know that you feel very differently about like even having melanoma, and you feel that way. But what if somebody had melanoma they didn't want to.
Speaker 3: Say anything, right, See, So it's a personal.
Speaker 2: Choice, that's my point in making. So even if someone says, oh my god, it's so obvious you've had your nose done, Okay, but let that person tell you. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: What was the moment you decided I'm going to get my nose done because you did it later in life?
Speaker 2: Right, I was in my forties. I didn't have botox until I was in my forties.
Speaker 3: I mean I think I got botox in my early twenties.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: I got botox after I was forty forty one.
Speaker 2: So what was the I didn't my nose was I had always been told my nose was wide and that the tip of myn was trying pulling down pre Yeah, it's just it was wide. And I remember an agent telling me I should have a nose job at sixteen, and I didn't do it. I didn't even know what a nose job was, so I just never did it. And then when I got older, you know, your nose and your ears grow, Yeah, and it got bigger, and I thought, you know what, it could get slimmed down. I do to do it again. I would do it again too.
Speaker 3: So you don't regret it.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, No, I don't regret anything I've ever done to my body.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I don't regret my necklift, not for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks great.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I read the symptoms of breast and plant illness and I start diagnosing myself.
Speaker 2: With no, you don't have that, or wouldn't be able to keep the schedule you keep. I don't think anyway.
Speaker 3: But other than that, like, I have no regrets.
Speaker 2: I really needed breast implants. I had one that was bigger than the other, and I'm really glad. I've loved my result both times.
Speaker 1: Well, now for my next pair, because I'm duing because I'm over ten years me too. Once I had my melon up my final like big melano by the congratulations, thank you? Do you feel good?
Speaker 3: I feel good. I was ready for it to be.
Speaker 1: I mean that was like, that's not what that was over two years just bad, bad, bad. But when they did the skin graph and they pulled all my skin like on my back and pulled it up over my shoulder. Now one of my boobs is like up here.
Speaker 2: At higher and this side is skinnier, I'm like, does it hurt.
Speaker 3: It doesn't hurt. It's like numb.
Speaker 2: Oh you have nomb okay, yeah in the back right in the bat in the back there.
Speaker 1: But I like crack up all the time when I like stand in the mirror. I'm like, this side has like this whole angle, beautiful curve.
Speaker 3: I'm like, my cancer side is looking good.
Speaker 2: My my my regular, my regular side is a little frunked out. Well, we need to get user a little. We need to get you a plastic surgeon to even you out.
Speaker 3: Well. I think that's what I do when I get my newbies. But I gotta get a mammogram.
Speaker 2: Here's also a thing for the I'm for mammogram myself. Please get your mammogram.
Speaker 1: New Year's reminders, mammogram, skin check, skin chat check, mold check.
Speaker 3: Uh, get your.
Speaker 1: Eyes checked, get you know what, an ocular exam. When was the last time you did that?
Speaker 2: It's funny you should say. My eye doctor canceled my appointment on me in November, and I need to reschedule because I I think I need reading glasses and I'm just not.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm over it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna need it.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: I have to wear reading I have to wear far glasses with closed glasses.
Speaker 2: We already had lasik once.
Speaker 3: Oh see, I don't qualify for lasik.
Speaker 2: I had lasik once and I think it's why I have dry eye, but maybe not. But yeah, so now I have to read, like I'm fifty.
Speaker 1: Three, but how much are you reading? I do a lot of audiobook listening.
Speaker 2: Well, I used to read a lot, and I want to do that again without getting a migraine. So hence I need glasses because I'm at that place where the eyeball's hurt.
Speaker 3: Can you see can you go from the remote to the television?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, But it's like the finer It's like the finer print on boxes and things. Let's say this was let's sit down right, No, I can rebrown. Let's say that we had a white box with silver printing. Oh wow, wait, now that's just brags, you know. Sometimes some of the ingredients, I'm like, what the that say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I like to scroll at nighttime, so I think my eyeball is just like well.
Speaker 3: Also, sometimes I'll forget and I'll turn.
Speaker 1: Down my yes you're light light, and then the next day I feel like I've gone blind.
Speaker 3: I'm like I can't see anything, and them I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, I straight.
Speaker 3: Plus, now I have the privacy screen. Do you have that?
Speaker 2: I should have one?
Speaker 3: Can you see my text right now?
Speaker 2: No, bitch, I can't. I can see that you've opened a window, but you can't. I can't see anything good because you know, I saw a guy cheating on his wife on Southwest. Yeah, on my way to Vegas, had his phone open, and I almost said, like, Yo, this.
Speaker 3: Is going to backfire.
Speaker 2: Dude, don't be you know you need a privacy screen.
Speaker 3: Now, you shouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 2: You needn't I need a privacy screen. I can tell this is going to be a great weekend for you. I was doing bed at all on Blonde in my residency in Vegas. I was flying there and the guy we were flying all Southwest and the guy next to me and I was in the aisle. The guy next to me on his aisle, he had his phone open and he was texting his Vegas moment, his Vegas girl, And I was like, yeah, I can see everything over there, and you need a privacy screen. I'm not going to get into anybody's morals. I'm just trying to.
Speaker 3: Help you out, Like, just figure it out. I'll close that up a little smaller.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it was pictures and stuff, not racy, you know, Just like I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I love that. We'll just go deep down the rabbit hole of somebody we don't know their name.
Speaker 2: I can't help it. It was right there.
Speaker 3: No, but you realized that then I would have to figure out who he was on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would left it right now.
Speaker 3: I would have had to find the wife.
Speaker 1: Then I would have had to go through and figure out who his brother was and his sister.
Speaker 3: I can't help myself. I can't. I can't do that. I had a show to do.
Speaker 2: Well, do you have anything planned? Are you going to get a facial? Are you gonna go hiking? Are you gonna have a girl's night out with Kyle in the attic? Are you going to pack up and go to Aspen?
Speaker 3: You know what? I actually I was thinking that maybe you and I could do something special. What Yeah, I don't know. Oh my gosh, don't know what we could do.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm gonna look crazy.
Speaker 1: But maybe we should go somewhere like in in conspicuous, like Craigs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's it, because what that requires glam? I know what, one of these low budget nights.
Speaker 1: Well make us pay. Maybe we do the Pendry. Maybe we have some sort of holiday at the Pendry and we'll go live.
Speaker 3: We will go live with no glam. But here's the problem done.
Speaker 2: I'm getting my face burned off in like an hour. Don't be telling people we're going live.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: I know, hell, I need better heal from this.
Speaker 3: I need to get some laser. I have downtime now. Guys.
Speaker 1: We don't have another pod for two weeks and then I'm going to New York for Chicago.
Speaker 2: I book you off. You are booked and ready and blessed and well.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year's guys.
Speaker 1: We'll be back after the holidays to talk all things Diamonds in the Rough.
Speaker 3: Let us know anything else you'd like us to discuss, and you.
Speaker 2: Know what, We're going to discuss our twenty twenty five intentions. I don't say resolutions, I say intentions. I agree because I intend on you having better self talk.
Speaker 3: Thanks you guys for tuning in to another episode of Diamonds in the Rough with myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: And Erica Jane. Thank you for listening, and we hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Happy holidays and get your tickets for Chicago.
Speaker 2: That's right, January twentieth through February ninth, and happy holidays, everybody.
Speaker 3: I'll be there. Yay