Speaker 1: That's why they call it work. It's one more thing. I'm strong Andy.
Speaker 2: One more thing.
Speaker 1: Joe and I have recounted over the many years are some of our unpleasant jobs we've had in our lives, having both started working relatively young as children and uh, child.
Speaker 2: Labor, the scourge of child labor.
Speaker 1: Ever had an unpleasant job, Katie, Yeah, I worked in clothing retail on the boss will sucked the worst clothing retail sucked. Yeah, I worked at I worked.
Speaker 3: At Pacsun which the store was itself. It was great, it was my favorite store. But I was in the mall and just all the just bitchy people that rolled through there.
Speaker 2: I did that for a summer, I guess it was. That's funny. I've kind of forgotten about it. I had just gotten married, I was still in college, and I needed a gig during the summer, and so I went to work at this leather store, not like you know, S and M. Just coats and that's sure, I think anyway, all right, so is SNM chaps.
Speaker 1: But it smelled great in there. I love the smell of leather. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: But my boss was this I think he was a year or two younger than me, half wit. But he was the boss, so I said, okay, I had to he would, he would, you know, tell me what to do. And half the time he didn't make any sense. And he was so full of himself because he was the assistant manager of some leather store in a mall in Champagne, Illinois. And oh, it's just miserable. You stand there and have nothing to do for a long periods of time.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do is worse than being busy by far, Oh, just way worse.
Speaker 3: I just remember the rage I felt when I had just finished folding a pile of T shirts and these idiot teeny boppers came in and they were looking for a size and they just screwed the whole thing up, and I'm like, what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Kanye's got a song about folding khakis at the gap? Really, Yeah, it's a really good song. Yeah, it's pretty close to digging a hole and filling it back in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, if the manager keeps insulting me, I will be assaulting him.
Speaker 2: I can relate.
Speaker 1: But the reason I just brought that up is I'm about to read some of these posts from the anti work reddit thread, which we've talked about on the air before. It's got millions of followers, and it's people who don't believe in work, which is weird to me. And I don't know how you grew up in such a way. Our schools clearly don't make it, but your parents didn't make it ever clear to you that everybody's got to work and your early jobs are going to be sucky. And I'm surprised by that. I mean, that's been such a common theme since my kids were little. And my kid, my oldest, turned sixteen here in a couple of months and he gets just a working I think he's going to work at Target. I can't wait for him to have a sucky job. I'm looking forward to having him having a sucky job. I think I saw what it did for my nieces, how they grew so much as people. In a year of having a job where you got to do a bunch of stuff you don't want to do. It's like the best thing that can happen to you. So it's amazing to me that so many people think that's a horror when I, as a parent, I am looking forward to my kids having bad entry level jobs as one a reality check and two a motivation for you know, coming up with some skills, so you don't do that the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: That attitude has to be from inductrination or affluence, I would guess, or laziness. But I mean if you because I'm thinking back to when I was a kid, and if I wanted to buy anything or have anything, I had to earn the money. We weren't poor, but there was no money to spare. I remember the first time as an adult I bought ziplock bags. For instance. There's no freaking way we had zip mats in my house because they were more expensive than the kind you fold over tie with a little twist tie stuff like that. So again, we're not poor, but there wasn't a lot of money around, and I remember being like, wait a minute, I can do that for a while and they'll give me money and then I can buy things I want and do things I want. Let's get started at age eleven, when I first lied about my age. I've always seen it as an opportunity, and it is hard to figure out people who don't see it like that unless they've always had that base of a really comfortable life and they think, well, why am I having to work to maintain this or I don't know, it seems so strange.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know our old producer Vince, who he had not an easy upbringing, but he used to when people would complain about things like he particularly fast food work because he'd worked at MacDonald's, he'd say, get up better job. If you don't like it, get a better job, or get some skills where you can get a better job. Don't just keep working at McDonald's and think somehow it's gonna magically become a fun place to be or easier something, or that that entry level job ought to feed a family for right. Anyway, to the anti work thread some of these. Here's a cartoon. It's got the money bags guy from Monopoly with the top hat. Capitalism means freedom of choice. Your choice is either get exploited or die on the street. Okay, Katie mentioned this one. I guess this is making the rounds. It's it's actually Ariana Grande, but that's she's looking at her nails.
Speaker 2: So just like.
Speaker 1: A press a press, there you go, what are you all mad about today? And the answer was being forced to work forty plus hours a week so you can get money to pay to live on a planet that you didn't even ask to be on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was pretty much verbatim what that chick on.
Speaker 1: TikTok was saying. What a weird way to look at the world. That is. You're mad today. You gotta work forty hours a week to be able to afford to live on a planet you didn't even ask to be.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, it just born. It just clicked into my head. In progressive I was going to say America, but it's it's global, practically global. In the progressive world, you absolutely must be a victim. That's the only way to have any standing. What is the absolute bedrock, lowest common denominator, a victimhood? Existence?
Speaker 1: You can't get more basic than that.
Speaker 2: I exist. Therefore I am oppressed because nobody asked me if I wanted to exist.
Speaker 3: My parents wanted to add of oppression.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Yeah, look at me being oppressed by existing. I didn't want to get me give me stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, gargo a barrel or do something, I mean, whatever you want to do to check out, that's your option. But barrel, what is it? What to fancy euphemism for killing yourself?
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that Oh I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it now the barrel.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh that's gonna be a new insult of mine.
Speaker 1: Oh, gargle a barrel.
Speaker 2: Gurgle a barrel. I still don't get it. Barrel, you'll die. Oh of the barrel of I was picturing like a barrel. I was too cask of wine. Gargle a barrel. Oh, now I get it. Oh that's harsh.
Speaker 3: I laughed at it when I was thinking of the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So leave the giffing planet.
Speaker 1: You don't like existing, walk West.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a good idea, but yeah, make you so happy and be dead.
Speaker 1: Walk We still your hat floats. That's a good one, boy. The old shotgun tons elect me. That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, yeah, that is harsh. But what are you What are you freaking saying? I know that you're weird.
Speaker 1: You're complaining about being born. Yes, clearly you don't want to be here. Somebody wronged you by bringing you into existence, and you see the here's the conundrum here. You wouldn't exist if you hadn't been brought into existence.
Speaker 2: So what you're bringing my brain? Still oppressing me with your logic? All right, here's I've got my plan, my second chapter. If you will. Some people retire and they mentor youths or they you know, evolved here in food kitchens whatever. I'm going to retire from this gig. I'll miss you all, good luck, and I'm going to spend in my entire life posting online You're a loser. Just those three, well four technically words. There's a contraction in there. You're a loser. And I am going to organize people to aid me, and we are going to spend all of our time replying to all of these posts with You're a loser. Nothing more, nothing less, no arguments, no obscenity, is just you're a loser. I like it until it sticks. It's very zen.
Speaker 1: So there's this one from the anti work. Anti work does not mean I should get to live a life of a king and eat Dorito's while other people do all the hard work. Anti work means it sure would be nice if I wasn't impelled by violence to perform labor which racks my body with micro injuries that will leave me disabled by sixty Oh no, I love the term micro injuries is stubbing your it?
Speaker 2: Are you a bull rider? What are you talking about? All of those damn injuries and all those fields. People with any sense and capability, they do the physical part.
Speaker 1: No micro injuries, I assume they're talking about, like you know, your neck hurts from staring at a computer, or I.
Speaker 3: Got a micro injury yesterday with my paper cut. Yeah, you guys are killing me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the whole impelled by violence thing, because speech is violence, and persuasion to violence and giving me a nasty look is violence, and posting you're a looser over and over again on the internet is violence. So you're compelling me with violence. Stop it.
Speaker 1: So I went to the anti work thread and I clicked on this is one of the cool things you can do, and Reddit most commented on last day, week, month, year, So I went most commented on the last year. Luigi Mangioni leads the way. Lots and lots of up with him, Lots and lots. He is the poster child of that crowd. Isn't that interesting? The anti work crowd holds him up as a hero because he murdered a guy who runs a company. Yeah, father, so wild. It's disturbing that there are millions of people on this thread.
Speaker 2: I want all those people on a list. Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but it would be handy, but we'll need it eventually.
Speaker 1: I'll end with this one in case you still don't understand the anti work ethos, just a reminder. We don't think no one should work. We understand there need to be doctors, teachers, nurses, cooks, waiters, et cetera for society to function. We just believe that no one should have to work in order to survive. Food, water, and housing should be guaranteed human rights. We were all born into the system without being able to agree to it. We shouldn't be punished for existing. We should all be able to have our basic needs met, and work should be something you want to do to earn more. Uh No, I hate I hate them, I really do.
Speaker 2: You know. We got this email from David. I was going to do it in mail back then. I dropped it and it went under the desk and I couldn't reach it in time. And he says a huge number of people are scamming those EBT funds you're talking about. Jack, starve the lazy, go get jobs. His program is starve the lazy I like that. I like to get that bumper sticker, and I you know, I'm gonna get.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 2: Truck. You're just gonna have to have a trailer behind your truck with you know, dozens of tires ready to go onto your truck.
Speaker 1: Message. I want the t shirt, I want the hat, I want the bumper stickers. Starve the lazy.
Speaker 2: That's the armstrong and getty stupid should hurt of the twenty first century.
Speaker 1: Yes, starve the lazy. That is so good.
Speaker 2: Hansoon, get to work, Buzzy, he's working on it.
Speaker 3: But no, go ahead, Well no, so scamming the EBT. I don't know if I've told you guys this before, and forgive me if I have. But when I worked at a grocery store, I will never forget the day that I was running the cash register and this guy came through my line and bought an Apple for forty nine cents.
Speaker 1: They were doing eat. I don't know if they still do this.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming they do EBT cash back. Oh so it was like a debit card. This a hole had the balls to buy the forty nine cent apple, get forty dollars or get forty dollars cash back for me go and grab a bottle of vodka and then came back through my line and it took everything out of my soul to not just be like you prick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the lie that the left always claims. You can't buy junk food with ear EBT cards, you can't buy booze, you can't buy cigarettes. But obviously this is lottery tickets. This is the way you get around it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I hate one. Somebody explains to you how to do that day one in the in.
Speaker 1: The Bay Area.
Speaker 3: I have a picture of it from like years ago at a sports bar and at a Sally's beauty supply shop EBT ATM machines.
Speaker 1: Right in front of the shop. So you just stick your EBT card in, get.
Speaker 3: The money, and then you go into the sports bar, drink your beers, and go buy your hair stensions.
Speaker 1: Starve the lazy, Starve the lazy. Who's with us? Well, final question before we end today. That thing I just read from the guy who said, Uh, we shouldn't have to work to survive. Food, water, housing should be guaranteed. We were born into this system without choosing it. Blah blah blah, do you think that person could be convinced in a half an hour of reasoning that that doesn't make any sense? Or would they just find a way around your logic of where's this stuff supposed to come from? I find somebody has to pay. Those people have to work to provide enough income to have a tax base to provide all these things. Why would anybody work if they could get it for free.
Speaker 2: If they're sixteen posting away on the internet, yeah, I could convince them. If they're thirty two, probably not.
Speaker 1: But what do they think? Where do they do they? I hate to sound like those commercials, don't turn into your parents. Those commercials are hilarious, But did they actually think money grows on trees? I mean, where do they think the stuff comes from?
Speaker 2: The rich have more than they need, so they need to be taxed heavily, and that's where the money comes from. How did the rich get their money? They inherited it and by exploiting the working class.
Speaker 1: It's Mark says, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Starve the lazy, Yes, starve the lazy. Who's with me as a teenager? The crappy jobs they taught me what I didn't want to do in life and push me
Speaker 1: Forward exactly right, Well, I guess that's it.