Speaker 1: Was your bye week, George. Yeah, we flew out to Jackson, Ol, Wyoming and got away and golfed and but yeah, it was. It was really nice to go out there and breathe.
Speaker 2: What's it been like just having a Christian back on the field this week?
Speaker 1: It's been awesome, man, just what he brings to the table, and and really just firing everybody else up around, you know, all of us coming off the bye week and and feeling good and fresh, and then you get two three next to you in the backfield. It's been awesome. Looks great moving around, and he's trending in the in the right direction. So we're excited to see what happens. Played together a lot, But do you need a little extra time just in terms of some of the past game stuff, getting back on the same page, getting timing.
Speaker 2: Do you do any of that this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just in the past game with you know, we do a lot of stuff where you know, he makes a decision based off a defender and then you know, just being on the same page and that kind of stuff. So it's you know, sinking back up into that kind of world. But obviously he's really smart and and it's been it's been a pretty good transition so far.
Speaker 2: Is preparing to face to the Buccaneers, How is it different than two years ago when you were going through that process for the first time against this defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, two years ago, it was more of you know, I got approved my teammates and everybody that you know I can I can step in and do the role really well as a quarterback for this team and compete in that regard. Now it's like, all right, we're, you know, going into year three and and we've we all know what I've been able to do and what I can do for this team. And so now it's you know where we're at. We're four and four coming off the buy, and it's how can I continue to elevate my game and play at the standard that we need to be successful right now? And so that's the mindset. It's a little different. Obviously I was trying to prove and make a statement two years ago, but playing this defense now man personnel is a little different. But the scheme is there, and you know, they're they're a good team overall. So that's the mindset going into this week.
Speaker 2: A couple of times I'm curious why you think that. The almost seems like it's a starting cut for you guys going yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's nice that you know, we had to buy and get guys healthy and you get everybody back together and it's all right. We know how important the second half the season is, and it's it's all about one game at a time and and you know, stacking up wins and everything. So we've obviously known that from the last couple of years, but every year is different. That doesn't mean it's going to be guaranteed this year that we're gonna go and and do the things that we did the last couple of years. It's we got to put our heads back down and and just go to work one day at a time and and chip away at it.
Speaker 2: So what stands out to you about Todd Bowles's defense when you watch him.
Speaker 1: I think just the pressures and and all the variations of you know, coverages they do with guys blitzing and stuff. He does a really good job with that. He always has guys play together and they're gritty. You don't see anyone on the tape that gives up or anything like that against the Chiefs this last game. Man, they they brought it all the way into overtime. They played as a team really well, and so his defense is gonna bring it, and we just got to be on top of our stuff and play our standard and and compete for four quarters.
Speaker 2: Change against a team pots as much as they do. Having Christian how does that maybe sort of.
Speaker 1: Change how you can attack the Yeah, I mean, I think it's always nice knowing, you know, you have Christian obviously for checkdowns and stuff as a running back, and then they have to account for him for sure and can open up other guys in the past game. But more than anything, we have really good playmakers across the board, and we're gonna try to get the ball into all our all our guys hands at the right you know, time, in the right situation. And and uh so it's always nice though knowing that I can go through my read and come back down to Christian. But at the same time they blitz and stuff, so we're gonna have to have him in past protection and and other are the running back stepping up and doing their job as well. So but that's that's the name of the game. Man. You they're gonna pressure and try to get you off guard. And off schedule, and we's got to be on top of our assignments. So you mentioned a lot of man coverage, especially Christian, and how much do you think he maybe effects have teams preparing that way. Yeah, I mean, I think you know, years past, there's usually been defensive schemes where they usually that's a double Christian, have a guy play outside and a guy playing inside leverage and and uh just double them. And that's been you know, it's obviously tough because you want to get in the ball, but then you hit other guys like George and Debo and b A and JJ. So that's been that's been a thing. But at the same time, you never know going into each week it can be different and stuff. So but that is the blessing of having really good players across the board and a guy like Christian in the backfield, so.
Speaker 2: More an imposing guy to look across the line at his feat of veil when you ta get a snap from the center.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, he's definitely a guy that you got to know where he's at every play, every snap. He's very disruptive and a strong guy. He's been like that for however long he's been playing man, he's he's always a problem and we face him multiple times and he's had his moments, and so for us, it's like, how can we be smart both in the past game, run game, knowing where he's at and understand that he can change the game at any moment. Thanks, Thanks guys. M