Speaker 1: If you can't love yourself, how are you gonna stop that trade? The June twelfth, This podcast is proudly brought to you by Stop That Train, starring Aah and Sarah, Michelle Geller Randomly.
Speaker 2: And Jujubie Brooklyn Heights.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we're not actually sponsored by Stop that Train, but that will not stop us from listening, umping for.
Speaker 2: It, and from listening all twenty shit all twenty six cast members. Sorry to the Virgins that you heard a loud thump by just I'm knocked over the mic because I was so excited about Stop That Train theaters June twelfth. I have I made a prediction, and that is that Stop that Train will have a bigger opening weekend than Barbie and Oppenheimer combined. Yes, and I actually and will be more culturally relevant when I tell you that without any irony. I hope I'm just a justice, thank you. I hope that Stop that Train is a global box office phenomenon.
Speaker 1: I just I want it to be the Airplane of our time.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Literally mean it literally is airplane.
Speaker 2: Snakes in a plane, but RuPaul on a train, It sluts on a train. Well, it's the movie Airplane literally Yeah, well I've actually never even seen it, but I know and understand the presence and the kind of absurdist John Waters the in humor if you will, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Airplane airplane is very funny, and I'm I want that train to drive right into my.
Speaker 2: Actually right up in my yes, not into the urethra like one of.
Speaker 1: Like one of those fish that, like, you know how they always warn you, like if you're in a lake or something, you shouldn't pee because some of the fish will like swim up your piss stream into your dick.
Speaker 2: Imagine having a sounding fetish like a sound in kink, but not likely fish. Yeah, no metal bars that go the urethraa it's just live fish, tiny fish. Imagine that was my my king.
Speaker 1: I actually saw an Instagram reel of a guy who was walking around Ikia with the sounding rod in what. Yeah, I don't know if it was a joke or if it was real. It's kind of like, do you know that guy? Do you ever see that guy who loves to make like tiktoks and reels about getting bred at home depot?
Speaker 2: If it's the guy that I mean, not at home depot, No, but he was a home depot employee, and he would get functioned the parking lot and probably think of a different guy. Yeah, there's this guy who's always got fired from I think he got fired from Home Home. There's this guy who's always making content about how he's taking loads in Home depot. Gag. It's hot.
Speaker 1: I mean it's his number one cruising spot. Well, to be honest, it's like that blue collar dick. Then it's like absolutely cruising spot. But also it's kind of like not it's not sexy to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. Maybe it's because I don't really like home DOOPO have a bit of a trauma around it. Okay, explain And by trauma, I mean I didn't like going there as a child, but I liked it was one.
Speaker 1: Of those stores that you got dragged to with your parents that wasn't fun, Like it was like that Sears. Yeah, and in theory it actually should be fun.
Speaker 2: There's like chandeliers. Yeah, there's extreme makeup. We know Sia babes, we know Siyah extreme homemakeover. Okay, we're gonna be covering a couple things in this episode that we have already even touched. We've already touched on, among them, the most recent and perhaps best episode of Hacks, the lesbian episode.
Speaker 1: Although it's kind of hard to call one particular episode of Hacks the lesbian episode when it was a show, you know, sort of engineered for lesbians. On Twitter, by and for by and.
Speaker 2: For and starring, We're gonna be talking about if All Stars Drag Race Allstar Ours Season eleven is worth watching. We're gonna be talking about John Waters. We're gonna we're doing a little preview, yeah, topics exactly. We're talking about the autopsy of Jane Doe and pretty woman Rose and I are here on Sparkling Fire Island.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, freezing cold Fire Island.
Speaker 2: We are so happy to be here. Something for all of the virgins to know is that we, as you have noticed, are releasing episodes into the RSS feed for the first time in two and a half years. Excuse me, a little burb completely for free. That is sickening. You are so welcome. We are doing this to reintegrate our cells into the RSS feed. If you are a Patreon subscriber at patreon dot com slash like a virgin, Just like a virgin, you will get ad free episodes and you'll also get bonus episodes that are in the form of the old format of our show where we deep dive on a single cultural object, but our weekly episode in the RSS feed, which will only be temporary. We're not doing this forever. Yeah, you're gonna put them back behind your guest.
Speaker 1: We're, you know, teasing the girls to get them to join us over on patreons.
Speaker 2: So if you like what you hear, go and subscribe independent creators, creators. I was about to say journal or trans art. Yeah, yeah, support trans are protect queer art. Do what do we want to talk about first, all stars, No, let's talk about Hacks. Okay, yeah, let's get it out of the way. So if you're you're probably familiar with the show Hacks, Emmy Sensation, everybody loves a show. They recently came out with an episode that.
Speaker 1: Which is which is airing its final season right, which is important.
Speaker 2: I think to what the stakes of this episode felt like. We called it the lesbian episode, but there are actually so many lesbian episodes. I'm thinking about the one where they go on to lesbian Cruise.
Speaker 1: Or the one where where Ava almost hooks up with fucking Chustina Hendricks. Right, and she wants to piss on her. She's like, you were not gonna pee on me? Yes, I was.
Speaker 2: I forgot about Christina Hendricks the Republican, the lesbian Republican. Amazing.
Speaker 1: So the premise of this episode, the season so far has been following Debra as she's preparing to do this big Madison Square Garden show coming after the end of her gag order, and so she decides in the most recent episode that she absolutely needs to wear Carol Burnett's final look from her show. She decides this because she has a dream in which she appears naked on stage and like had a kind of crazy body double. It was full puss out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was giving, kind of like Jimbo. It was giving like Jimbo, full body trusthetic.
Speaker 1: It was very boobs for Queens dot com. It was boobs for Queens dot com dot org. And then her teeth fall teeth falling out, classically assigned like the most common dream anyone, which is like a sign for anxiety go figure instead. But instead of think realizing what it actually means, which is that she needs to you know, work on her material, she decides that she needs to work on material aka fashion so she calls her psychic. She is I love the psychic. The psychic is one of my favorite characters. She's just kind of this, I mean, she sounds unhealthy. She's kind of like she sounds like she's been smoking ten packs a day for the past thirty years.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yes, and she has to must procure this. Bob Mackie and let me tell.
Speaker 1: You, Oh my god, Bob Mackie cameo.
Speaker 2: Bob Mackie cameo in this episode was so fire.
Speaker 1: He was like, I can't make you address, like, I make one for you. And then all of a sudden, Sabrina Carpenter's standing outside my house with a sewing machine and a gun.
Speaker 2: A really good joke. Also, like I I would say that Debra Vance is like sow me, I am the girl that's like, I have so much real material to prepare, and instead of using the last thirty minutes wisely, I will use it to like do my makeup and my hair, yes that I look good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely trying to find the actually least important thing that you need to do and focus on that instead of the actual big important.
Speaker 2: Thing you have. So relatable. And so Debra Vance finds out that this Bob Mackie Carroll like number that Carol Burnett that was made for Carol Burnett exists in Cherry you know one Cherry Jones hands. She's playing a Ellen DeGeneres like very famous rich lesbian comedian who also has her own Porschia to Rassi as it were played by I can't remember her name.
Speaker 1: Her name is Leslie Bibb. Iconically from the most recent season of The White Lotus. She has the County Bob and she I am number one on her Emmy campaign for guest star for this episode, she is pitch perfect.
Speaker 2: We should have the entire thing. We need to host f why see events or Leslie Bibb.
Speaker 1: Like unofficial, unauthorized like she keeps dming us like girls. Please stop, please stop, please stop hosting these FOYC events.
Speaker 2: They're non compliant with the Academy.
Speaker 1: Please stop tagging me and please stop sending me new Please stop threatening OSCAR voters would not actually a lesbian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which would be a lie. She's a lesbian.
Speaker 1: So there's this great scene where where Deborah you know invites invites Kelly Kirkpatrick is her name in an episode invites Cherry Jones's character out to lunch at her apology table at Spago, which I love the idea that she has an apology table.
Speaker 2: That's really smarts.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should have an apology table.
Speaker 2: Where would it be the coffee.
Speaker 1: Shop across across the street from my house or the cheesecake factory. Cheesecake factory would be great because you have that positive association association of the cheesecake factory paired with the responsibility of what you have to do at this table, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and to have free bread.
Speaker 1: So, because Ava comes to give Deborah her phone, and obviously, like their dynamic, the lines are so blurred. Cherry Jones assumes that Deborah is actually a lesbian and that's why Deborah was so mean to her when she came out, thus starting this feud between them, and so she invites Deborah and Ava to spend the weekend with her and her wife in their beautiful Montecito house.
Speaker 2: And under the presumption that Debra Vents and Hannah Inminder what's her character's name, Ava, Ava are lesbian lesbians, they must spend this weekend together, and it obviously very immediately becomes like swinger vibes. It's clear that Cherry Jones and her wife are swingers. I don't know swingers.
Speaker 1: They're open. It's not that they all wanted to have sex, It's that the wife wanted to have sex specifically with Ava.
Speaker 2: Kind of maybe the reason I choose the term swingers over like kind of group sex polyamory is like swingers is polyamory for heterosexual couples. Like it's like what quote unquote being open is for heterosexual couples. And they give more het vibes structurally to me, which is.
Speaker 1: Why I'm like, I see what they see where you're coming from.
Speaker 2: Because of their their generation, because of their wealth status, and their lack of access to culture, a culture of polyamory and open relationships, my mind would say that they would use the term. They seem like the kinds of people that would use the term. Yeah, we swing, but they do say open. Anyways, we won't tell you like the entire details of the episode, but but it is it is the best episode of Hawks, and it's like, hands down, and you think the incredible premise of the of the episode, which is like the delicious kind of like hijinks situational comedy that you like want out of the show. That's when the show really thrives, is paired with something that happens halfway through this, like I mean kind of at the end episode of the climax that is so shocking and simultaneously devastating, I would say, and also hilarious and also like complex and like rooted in the real life experiences of these characters, and like Deborah and Ava's relationship together. It was so genius.
Speaker 1: It just kept the whole episode kept getting better. Every time I thought it had topped itself, it just got better and funnier and like more emotional. Yes, it really, Like I know that. You know, some people might say, like, oh, you can't really call this the best episode of HACKS because it's missing so much of what makes HACKS special, And like I agree. You know, there's no mixed Aalter, no Jimmy, like all the kooky characters. But the show at its core has always been about Deborah and Ava, about their relationship. Yes, and this is a perfect exploration of it. And I like that it like really it it is fan service.
Speaker 2: In the best way.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like, yeah, we know that you want to see Debrah and Ave a makeout, so we're going to give it to you, but it's going to be in a way that still drives the story, the story forward and makes sense for these characters.
Speaker 2: And when I that's when I went going into this episode. I really thought it was going to be delicious fan service and like brilliant and that was it, and it really was so much more than that. I was gagged. Anyways, love the episode, so go watch it.
Speaker 1: Go watch it, Go watch it.
Speaker 2: If you've never seen a single episode of Hacks, go no.
Speaker 1: I truly believe you could watch it out of context. Yeah, like a short film.
Speaker 2: Prestige television. Okay, speaking of prestige television, All Stars is back, All Stars is back. I was like, hmm, should we All Stars came out a couple of days ago, All Stars Season eleven. Should we watch it? And Roast was like no, and I was like, you're right, no, And then I was like, no, actually we should watch it and then decide we should just tell the virgins whether it's worth watching. So like, we watched it. Excuse me, we watched it for you, so you don't have to You're welcome. This is repeating the structure of like the insanely complicated like sports brackets system. God it's so complicated. It's basically like three mini seasons of the show, like three gribbings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the top two queens from each bracket then move on to the semifinals.
Speaker 2: And we will honestly go down the line and we'll talk about almost every queen. So some of them aren't really worth well, there's only six of them. There's only six of them.
Speaker 1: So my immediate favorite was Akiria Davenport. She loved her her original season. She is even more pumped. And you know, her teeth are whiter than I don't like they're the whitest thing in existence.
Speaker 2: Maybe they are blinding. They are like fluorescent like and not in a bad way. She looks immaculate, gorgeous out of drag. She looks immaculate in drag. She is is easily like the best runway on the season. And I include Don in that, Like, yes, Don maybe like a scoch behind her, but like her runway is immaculate, like she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that look she made in the second episode.
Speaker 2: Was crazy crazy. So would you say she's your number one pick for this bracket? I think so, okay, I would say that. I would also I believe put Akiria as my number one in this bracket. I would literally, no jokes, sister put for second. Morgan McMichaels, okay.
Speaker 1: Morgan McMichael h. Morgan McMichaels. That's a drag queen's drag queen.
Speaker 2: That is a drag queen's drag queen, that is, and also that is drag queen's name. Morgan McMichaels. She is forty five years old and doing a thirty handspring off of a box.
Speaker 1: And I know what, she's kind of hot out of drags, a little bit hot out of dragon in a specifically gay, very kind of methy floridaway. Yeah, like she kind of looks like Justin Bieber. Yes, but it's working.
Speaker 2: Literally like the tan the bleached hair, I think immaculately groaned, but you can still see her agg I couldn't tell if her hair was bleached or if it was just gray. I think it was bleached for sure. For sure. Well, she like literally, I mean, I think she's just such a kind of similar thing that I love about Akiria. A professional, a workhorse, a classic.
Speaker 1: She's gonna show up. She's gonna show up, do three sets of shows. Yes, you know, be there, be there on time, stay until the minute she gets paid.
Speaker 2: Get out, classically classically trained queen, like purebred horse, like absolutely die for her. She's fab Yeah, she's just like well, she's just like she's just like the kind of queen that comes from the generation of queens that were here before it all capital.
Speaker 1: Well, she's an old bitch, that's what That's what we're really saying is you know, like when the most recent season of drag Race came, the most recent main season of drag Race, we were all so like, oh, thank god, there's actually older queens this season, right, but they were all like in their early to mid thirties. Yes, I need to see bitches who were in their forties and fifties on drag Race and sixties. I want to see seventies.
Speaker 2: Bitches that were there slinking mud with rue when they were building the pyramids. Like I literally like, and okay, you say like old queen, like to an old queen. Can it's like a classically trained queen, a queen that we want to watch. That obviously is not true. We would get Missty Summers, who is like maybe a little younger, but honestly like Morgan Michael's makes her look older, like she feels kind of like.
Speaker 1: Well, it's mudgeony. It's just kind of crazy that her whole narrative is that she was on the show season two. She's sort of like helped make Untucked a thing. And most importantly, she's had this insane, you know, body transformation. She's lost all this weight and yet she looks crazier than ever. Her drag, particularly the makeup, particularly her color contacts are OOKI spooky, jump scare, demonic vibes. In her confessional, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. In her confessional, she is wearing like an underarmor material quarter zip polo shirt, huge huge like glow up judge glasses.
Speaker 2: They're very, they're very, a.
Speaker 1: Snapback baseball hat and waterline electric blue eyeliner, crazy underry. Like it's just the craziest anyone has ever looked.
Speaker 2: She looks in a confession. She looks like a gay a man that works for an insurance company who forgot to clean the makeup off from the night out she just had and only does like two times a year, like like she gives like she I will say, okay, I need her on television.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's incredibly TV TV. She's so insecure and weird and so honestly bad at drags. She's not gonna drag. Looks she made for the like weird, like wonder Woman, so strange.
Speaker 2: I love the breakdeck and dancing looks were kind of bad except for Dawn actually hers also, I think that was the only look she did that I actually really loved. She just wasn't wearing every well. She wore the long blonde box braids, like really long.
Speaker 1: I also like I liked that in the in the like walk around. When Rue came to talk to them during the design challenge, she said, too mystique. She was like, so you've been campaigning to get on All Stars for years? Yes, I was like, okay, bitch, Like, so I see your really that she really twisted their arms to get back on the show.
Speaker 2: And uh is it worth it? Actually, yes it is. It is welcome back, Misteke.
Speaker 1: Then, of course we have morphine love Dion. Pussy Fold Doll had no idea that she was in this horrific car accident and had to get essentially like her entire face reconstructed.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she can still like split kick dip it's a real, real travesty.
Speaker 1: And she did. She did in the in the right yeah, the box dancing, the break Dancing challenge. Well, she said that she did the Vegas show right after the accident.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, okay, so she is like up and running. This is a spoiler. Virgin's absolutely disappointed that Morphine did not lip sync at all, like Don lip syncing in these two lipsync some of the two episodes that were released from the season. I was just like, that should be Morphine in that place. We need to watch Morphine lipsying. Don is a bad lipsyner.
Speaker 1: She is a bad lipsinger, but she did do better in those challenges.
Speaker 2: I don't think she did better in the break Dancing challenge. I think I would give it to Morphine first.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I actually really agreed with the judges on Morphine, which is that her look was very distracting and it distracted from her being the best dancer of all them.
Speaker 2: I just wanted the producers to produce and just be like, actually it's Morphine, and because we want to watch you lipsying, but maybe there's.
Speaker 1: You know, they might be doing that in the way it's like, oh, this would be good TV because Morphine is going.
Speaker 2: To be plucked. Yeah, morphine is and she was and is plucked.
Speaker 1: She plucked I when Lucky Stars did not give her that point. Girl, she is so mean. She and Don are the meanest mean girls to Lucky Stars. And don't get me wrong, Lucky Stars deserves it. Yeah, because she should retire from drag immediately.
Speaker 2: She's not a drug queen. She's the club kid. No shade, no shade. I see it on top, look, yeah, see you it on top.
Speaker 1: Go back to Holy Mountain where you belong.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sorry, Paul's dolls. The has done boots. I really my heart breaks for Lucky Stars. Sometimes. I think that she did thrive with her Piana and I Doughnut look like she got. I think she is proven that she she has artistry. It's just not artistry when we want to look at.
Speaker 1: She's what she is thankfully good at. And I think the fact that they're there for this entire run of episodes is helpful. Is that she is leaning into being dumb and she's making Rue laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's making Rue fucking laugh, which is like the most important thing to do. Uh. And I would say that she's kind of almost getting she's like kind of getting into the drama. She's adjacent to the drama. Something that I said to you kind of we were watching the first episode. It had been on for like ten or twenty minutes, and I turned you and I was like, it feels like watching old drag race, like classic traditional like at the at the the cusp of Untucked kind of drag race.
Speaker 1: Because we have some old bitches up in there.
Speaker 2: And frankly, the last season of drag Race that just came out like a couple, you know, seconds ago, we thought that was gonna be the old school Queen's like season where they're like doing the untucked thing and like fighting, but like they're on this season, it's a little it's pretty subtle, like no one's like, you know, taking their earrings off. But it's like real drama.
Speaker 1: It's more drama than we usually get outside of Untucked. Yeah, the drama's actually on the main show.
Speaker 2: It made me want to watch Untucked. Honestly. Is there an Untucked for All Stars? I think there is. May we'll investigate later, but yeah, no, that's how I That's how I felt about the show and.
Speaker 1: General should should you tune back in?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's kind of up to you. Where I stand on it is. I'm not gonna get I'm not gonna subscribe to Paramount Plus to watch it. No, but you know the next time I come over to your apartment.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll catch up on it exactly, And I would say.
Speaker 1: Or actually, can I use your paramount logan? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you yes you can. It's but I'm like, I feel like we should. I need to make you watch it together with with me. Like maybe I'm just gonna make I can't commit to that weekly. Yeah. Well, I totally agree with my colleague grows. I think it's like watchable colleagues.
Speaker 1: My colleague grows, Well, you are very professional right now because you did put a top on to record. Yes, well, we both we both were topless and decided to put our matching Pines Pantruy merch on to record. Yes, so that HR wouldn't have to be called this podcast should be sponsored by the Pines Pantry. I would I would let it be sponsored for free. I would be like, you can have ad Pines presents like a virgin.
Speaker 2: I literally let's pitch it to them. Anyways, Okay, Like, uh, the thing about RuPaul and like, we're all this just come from if you don't know, if you've been living under the rock, is that it really really really all derives from John Waters, among other other people, John Waters Is it's like John Waters and ball It's John Waters Ballroom, like classic movies like what Happened to Whatever Happened to Baby J And like, yeah, I mean Airplane again, huge, huge reference point, like group Paul's playing from so many places. But yes, obviously like the the more kind of outrageous you know camp that like borders on grotesque, that is, you know, very firmly coming from that, that legacy. And we bring it up because on Mother's Day, Rose and I watched Serial Mom, with which neither.
Speaker 1: Of us had ever seen, but actually was not on Mother's Day. We watched it yesterday, which was the day after Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're talking about. Time does not exist, liar, You are fucking with my sense of time. Okay, we watched it the day after mother Day. Cereal Mom is about a mom that won't stop killing people, and that's pretty much it. Yes, it's really good.
Speaker 1: It's really good, starring Kathleen Turner, Scooby Doo, Matthew Lillard, Ricky Lake, Suzanne Summers has a cameo playing herself. And It's a movie that I've been wanting to watch forever, and like I always used to see it up Blockbuster as a kid, and like I would be intrigued, but I don't know, like for for some reason, I just never pulled the trigger and watched it. I've seen other John Waters movies, you know, like I've seen Pink Flamingos and Hairspray and cry Baby, but somehow missed Cerial Mom, which I do think might be maybe one of his more mainstream of films. It did, It did certainly look like maybe like the budget was a little higher, like talent wise, it had maybe a more cohesive storyline than some of his films do, which like a lot of times can just spiral into insanity, and here, like it does spiral into insanity, but like the story is very focused on this serial killer mom who wants to kill everyone who pisses off her kids or interrupts her from going bird watching with her husband.
Speaker 2: His films do sometimes feel like a series of vignettes or like montages. But yeah, this was like a highly linear narrative. To me, the obvious like highlight of the film was the courtroom spoof at the end. That was amazing, incredible. I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know it was going to keep going like to the end, Like I kind of there were several points during the movie where I was like, Oh.
Speaker 2: This must be the end, and lo and behold it wasn't. Loved it ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: I love the love the random things that made serial mom kill, Like the woman wearing whit shoes after labor day, the woman not rewinding her videotapes.
Speaker 2: The woman not brushing her teeth after dinner or something like that. It was these little things that were kind of like things that a mom would get mad about.
Speaker 1: And I loved how she was just like she never dropped her momness. Yes, like she was always the same bitch, just sometimes she happened to be killing people.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Kathleen Turner like does this brilliantly. I'd never seen her in anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hadn't seen her in a lot. Namely, the main thing I know her from as a child was A Simple Wish starring Martin Short, a film that.
Speaker 2: I'd never You had to describe it to me I mean, is there what's the log line?
Speaker 1: It's like about like an evil fairy godmother and a good fairy godmother who's like bad at his job helping Mara Wilson.
Speaker 2: I believe love sounds kind of deranged, but like also like like made watching serum on made me really want to go into the entire John Waters catalog, which I haven't actually done if I'm going to be honest. Okay, girl.
Speaker 1: The other movie we watched last night, we watched a scary movie. Yeah, The Autopsy of Jane Doe twenty sixteen, which is about a father's son mortuary duo. They're like the medical examiners in their small town and they are tasked with finding the cause of death of this unnamed woman who was found buried in the basement of this house with a bunch of dead people in it, and spooky things start happening. Girl, this movie was this one is for the boys. So the boom is the way Jane Doe is just serve it is just mogging down for the entire far. There's one scene when they're doing this autopsy where they cut her head open to like get her to like look at her brain. They peel her face down, and then when they're done, they just like take her by the hair and snatch her face back up, and she's still in perfect serving position. She's literally like it's like Bella in Breaking Down Part one when she's transforming into a vampire and her spine knits together and she all of a sudden goes.
Speaker 2: Like, Yes, she's giving like Puss Puss Girl's trip. She's like mewing, except she can't mute because her tongue has been cut out. Yes. Basically, as the like morticians start, you know, doing the autopsy, they find increasingly disturbing things about the body and the.
Speaker 1: Like has a dick.
Speaker 2: Yes, like the fact that she has a nine and a half inch cock, which a really bold choice for the filmmakers to do this.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen, Well, you know, it was the trans tipping point.
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, it was the trans tipping point. They actually they cut they had to because it's an autopsy. They had to cut the cock open and they inside and when they cut.
Speaker 1: The open side was the issue of Vanity Fair. Caylen Jenner on the cover said, call me Kate, I was I.
Speaker 2: Was going to see like a very tiny scroll with the entire text of Kate Bornstein's gender Outlaws.
Speaker 1: Oh that too, that was rolled up in the magazine.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, yes, yeah, but anyways, the body they keep finding like little like kind of messages and signs and like kind of a cult thing. Yeah, like writings inside the skin.
Speaker 1: Of her her she swallowed her own tooth, yes, like that was wrapped in like an ancient like and they like knocked out her teeth. And there was also vaginal trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah there was. I mean, well she had but well she like under her nine she has both. Yes, she has both. There was alsoure trauma. There was there was trauma they didn't examine. She was a whole yeah, she said nobut stuff. Yeah, she's literally so pussed. I kind of am sorry. Maybe maybe I won't like spoil the whole movie. If you want to go ahead and watch it came out ten years ago, I think we can spoil it. Oh shit, okay, six let me tell you, like I'm I'm shocked that she never anthropomorphised.
Speaker 1: Well she yeah, she never.
Speaker 2: She never came.
Speaker 1: You never came to life. So what you find out through kind of like a convoluted series of logical leaps that the father and son make that she is in fact a witch, yes, who can't die, and so the the wounds that are inflicted on her body, she makes other people feel them for her sort of sick revenge.
Speaker 2: And they've conducted this entire autopsy like head to toe, and she has been able to feel everything.
Speaker 1: And she has she's been injuring the father like like like remember last night, there's a point where he pulled his shirt up and it was like like the most bruised a human being could possibly be without dying. And brand was like, oh, that doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: It was so bad. It was Brian Cox does these cuckoo horror movies. I don't know if you saw The Parenting with Brandon Flynn, and I think, like why Parker Posey was in it?
Speaker 1: But I have seen The Ring where in which he plays Samara's father. My wife was not meant to have a child.
Speaker 2: Right, He's in a lot of horror movies. Okay, this movie, The Parenting is starring Edie Falco, Parker Posey, Brandon Flynn, and Lisa Kodrew. Wow, that sounds really good. It was crazy. It was like one half kind of like situational family comedy. And then the other half was this like polsierguist story and it was absurdist to the point that of comedy. I do think it was a comedy. Question Mark you saw it? Yeah, I saw it? And what Brian what? What happened? What Brian Cox has to do at the end of this film was like, I don't know, chaplain level physical comedy in terms of like demonic possession. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Are Brian Cox and Deborah Cox related?
Speaker 2: I think they could be. Look what if they're like long lost? What if they're like twice removed cousins. I'm gonna I wonder if anybody's ever asked this before. No, Wow, really surprising.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're just taking Google AI's word on that one. Like with the Sex and the City.
Speaker 2: Birthday chat, Oh my god, Rose and I got into a well not an argument, but a discussion, a discussion when I was like trying. I was like, oh, I think we know the birthdays of like three out of the four of the Sex and the City girls, and so we know what signed they are. And Roses like wait, what, like how would they know that? And I was like, we have the dates of their birthdays. They're in this screen rant article. I was like, well, I thought I had. I had like looked up their birthdays before. And I don't know if I read this screen rant article or if I read another source of I read read it. But this screen rant article, which claims to have the exact birth dates of each Sex and the City character, has no backing whatsoever, no sources, no sources, no journalistic integrity. I literally thought it was real. And then I go to Wikipedia, which has the exact same dates, mind you, and no citation. So this is a disinformation campaign that has convinced I would say, a pretty broad spectrum of people that we know the actual birthdays of the Sex and the City quadrant, and we do and we just don't. We just don't. Yeah. I was like literally on Reddit trying to figure it out, and I do not think we have it. If you the Virgins have like an actual credit source and.
Speaker 1: Bythdays, here's what I'll accept of the source, right, Yes, I will accept dialogue in the show that we're in, either the original show, the movies range just like that, Yes, that explicitly states the character, or like Carrie up in paper or if we see a newspaper or an ID and it has their date of birth on it. I would accept that. What I will not accept is an actor saying on a podcast or in an interview, I think she's an Aquarius, or the date and episode aired in which their first day happened. That does not count.
Speaker 2: That is not textual, you idiots. Anyways, I need to cite your work, cy your work, show your fucking sources. Anyways, I really loved the Autopsy of I was gonna say, Emily Rose Jane, Oh, yeah, I enjoyed it, like kind of like.
Speaker 1: I was glad to It's been on my horror movie watch list for a while, and I was very.
Speaker 2: Glad to not get off there. I would say four stars, three and three and a half. I liked it a lot. Actually, I didn't really have very many notes. It didn't need to be super logical.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say like a solid three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay. Something else that is like really silly, but like I kind of wanted to chat about, is the fact that you and I we had been like kind of watching TV for five hours and and we were like, okay, it's time to go to bed. Should we like flip something on to like, you know, before we go to bed, Like, Oh, I don't want to watch a whole movie, you said, And I was like, yeah, I don't want to watch a whole movie either, And so we were looking at this is on I'm pretty sure it was on Sunday Movies for Moms. It was this last night.
Speaker 1: No, it was on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It was on Sunday. It was like the Movies for No. We were on Netflix. Oh we were. I thought we were on the in the Movies for Moms.
Speaker 1: That's where we saw where we saw Cereal right.
Speaker 2: Right, a Cereal Mom, Okay, And so you were like, oh, put Pretty Woman on. And I put it on, thinking like I'm gonna be a passive watcher. I'm gonna like go to bed after twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Same as someone who has seen Pretty Woman upwards of one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Girl, I felt like a baby in a crib watching a mobile like I was. It was like it was like trans Coco Melon, Yes, transgender Coco Melon. Because this is the tranniest movie, one of the traniest movies ever created. If you did not know, I was just like, I guess I haven't watched it in maybe like a year or two, but it's a movie that I rarely sit down and watch on purpose. It's always the kind of thing. And I think I said this the other night, like, oh, you kind of have to watch that, like when it's on TV. Oh no, you said that about Twenty seven Dresses, right, which we did watch, which we did also watch. They're kind of similar any of those rom coms. It's like, oh yeah, I'll catch it, like when I'm visiting my mom's house and I'm like trying to find something on cable at two pm on a Tuesday, But like, I'm gonna watch Pretty Woman.
Speaker 1: But it's so fucking good. They're so sexy, they're so in love.
Speaker 2: It's a satiating story. Why would you say it is a transgender film. I'll start the wig that she wears in the beginning of this film, Clocky te Shaw, paired with the Mystic boutique outfit that she is wearing. This, like, I guess unitar This cutout unitard with a hardware holding the pieces together is so like Doll's first time out on the town. Like it is so kind of like three dollar bill coated in a way that is so immediately apparent. I wish they had paid, Like just I know it's supposed to be a shitty wig. I know it's supposed to be a shitty wig, but they could have paid like four or five more dollars for like a slightly less shitty wig that was like not act on her head.
Speaker 1: Well all time, travel back to the nineteen eighties and let them know about it.
Speaker 2: And to be honest, obviously, all of the things that anyone could say to be critical of this movie have been said in terms of like the portrayal of sex work and like what this character was like tasked to do as a sex worker, which is basically be a feral animal idiot, and Julia Roberts imbues so much humanity.
Speaker 1: She's in this most charming person who's ever existed.
Speaker 2: Yes, who's a bit in real life, but she literally is so fab I mean it kind of reminds me of like Glenn Close's portrayal of her character and Fatal Attraction.
Speaker 1: I still haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: We have to. We're watching it tonight. No, I know it's a bit long. I'll watch it. It's a bit long, but it's a script that it's like a script imbued in misogyny, imbued in a certain kind of idea, of a woman and she's so good at acting. Yes, it's a shape woman might say she's so good acting that the character becomes this like full fleshed human that transcends the misogyny of the script. Also anyways, so it's very very trainy. Also, sex work is like transsexual. If you're right making a movie about sex work, it's transac.
Speaker 1: It literally made me want to be a sex worker when I grew.
Speaker 2: Up, literally as a child. And that's true for a lot of sex workers. Like this movie literally inspired a lot of people to become sex workers. And we need more films in this decade and TV shows and TV shows about sex workers. We need more films that a glamorous sex work grows.
Speaker 1: Yes, we haven't had a good one in a while. I actually, I think I asked you last night if you had ever seen Secret Diary of a Call Girl starring Billy Piper and everybody. That is another one that really glamorized sex work for me, that I used to love when I was you know, back in the day when it was airing right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I had never heard of it before. Now it's on my list. I was trying to think of famous movies about sex work, and there's really like what four, there's like Tangerine, there's Honora, there's Pretty Woman, and then I don't know, there's that COVID movie with Emma Thompson that I can't remember the name of.
Speaker 1: Never seen it, American Jigglow starring Richard gear.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess Magic Mike technically. Yeah, like you could say, like a stripper movie, like any stripper movie, I guess you could say, but that's the only movie where it's about the strippers, right, I've never seen strip Tea's our friend John said it was very boring and not good. But her body is fire in.
Speaker 1: That her body is Tea.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Demi Moore, who supports AI, I guess ah what she she says something that's like we have to learn to work with AI.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and her and like what was it? Like? There was like one or two other A list celebrities that had a very similar comment at the same time, and it was like, did you all go to like a seminar or something. Yes, that's like propagandizing like AI like, but it's not even propaganda.
Speaker 1: It it's like it's actually very I think kind of master of well not masterful because it's not subtle, well so obvious what they're doing, but like using the language of like, hey, none of us like that it's here, but it is here, so we have to figure out how to work with it because they're they're trying to they're trying to make it like harm reduction, and it's no, we need to be absolutely, vehemently diametrically.
Speaker 2: Opposed to AI. I cannot. It's like it's sorry, sorry, I'm think I know this like feels like an extremely but I think it's the same logic. If there was a gun on this table, there is, well, there is a gun on this table right now, there's a gun on this table, And if I said to you Rose, the gun is here, like everyone else is using guns, like I know the guns are bad, but like we can use this for good, and because we can use it for good, we should use this gun right now?
Speaker 1: Like what, why do you know what? I might degree if you put it like that, girl.
Speaker 2: It's like everyone else is using their guns, might as well use this gun, like what? But I'm sorry, I'm also like anti guns to that logic. I mean, this analogy makes sense to me I'm also anti gun. Well well, okay, so there's like an anti there's somebody who's like anti gun, and there's also like somebody who's anti gun, but they're like arm the dolls, and I'm like, actually literally not like arm the dolls, you know what I mean, which is like, really I think transgressive to say in a Brooklyn circle. But I'm just like, no, we don't say like more guns are the solution. Yeah, sorry, I went like I was very right this, very seriously.
Speaker 1: I like joking about guns, and I love dreaming about a gun in my life, and I would maybe like to do it again. But I don't think people should own gun.
Speaker 2: I want to shoot a gun. Let's go shoot guns. Okay, do you think they have them here on Fire? Well?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, people on this island definitely have guns.
Speaker 2: I've never been more sure of.
Speaker 1: And maybe that's what's in the pantry. That's why I flocked to another It's the gun pantry.
Speaker 2: But Pandria Julkin boosters Fire Island share is filled with guns. Start spreading that. Do we have anything else to discuss?
Speaker 1: No? I think that's it.
Speaker 2: So if you subscribe to our Patreon at patreon dot com slash like a Virgin. You will be getting bonus episodes from us. Rose and I have concepted our first bonus episode. We should just tell them what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing an episode on non Disney children's.
Speaker 2: Media of our youth. Yes, like the nineties, like ish Era.
Speaker 1: And so we're gonna be covering things like fern Gully, Anastasia, Cowtstone Dance fivele Goes West, Secrets of nim Swan, Princess.
Speaker 2: Etcetera girl like Road to El Dorado, Balto Prince of Egypt, Boots. I've never seen Stallion to the Cimmarron. I feel like I kind of need to see it. It's gonna be a private journey for you, I know. Well, I think specifically because the spirit the Stadion of the Cimarron is extremely hot. And that's kind of the thing about the film is that, like the standing of the Cimarron is like really really hot, And so if I'm going to watch that, I should watch it privately.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you can jerk off.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so excited. Literally, like gonna be a delicious kind of a La car deep dive into a handful of these films that we'll talk about at length. We watch friend Gully today, I feel like I have a lot to say about it.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at the notes right now. There's a lot in there. Also, what is this? Why are you highlighting random letters like you're like you're putting a serial killer message in the note?
Speaker 2: God, don't tell the versions about this. Okay, I have a Google plugin. Sorry to support Google, but like I have a Google plugin that like for certain pages, web pages that I view, will bold like every three or four letters because it helps with.
Speaker 1: Adhd Oh, I didn't know that. Okay, I'm no shade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean honestly, I forgot that I have it turned on. But anyways, we will be talking about I mean for and goalie. Gosh, there's so much there anyway. Subscribe to our patreon at patreon dot com slash like a Virgin to get the bonus episodes.
Speaker 1: And you know, enjoy these freebies while you can, but they will not be forever. So if you want to keep up to date, go to patreon dot com slash like a Virgin. Follow us on Instagram at like a Virgin four twenty sixty nine and follow me at ros daumu.
Speaker 2: And follow me at frand sexuality, and remember, if you can't love yourself, the hell you're going to stop that train coming to theaters. June twelfth,