Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged. Before we get started today, I wanted to address something I saw over the weekend. Uh, Andrew Schultz is back all over social media with the repercussions of what has happened from him talking big shit to Kendrick. Obviously, since Kendrick dropped his album A Bar and Whacked Out, Marras was talking about white comedians and woo woo whoop. Gary Owens tried to jump on that wave and said what he said and kind of fell to the side. But Andrew Schultz has kind of taken this opportunity to grow his his fandom and his his following and to me clout Chase and I think since the song has dropped or the album has dropped, he's been the loudest person in this mix. Outside of Drake's allegations to you know, the record company, in the streaming companies, Andrew Schultz has been consistently, day in, day out, going in and trying to grow from this. And if you want to respond, you know to what Kendrick said in the song, although he didn't name no names, I don't think no one had a problem with that. But obviously I feel like you crossed the line when you started talking about taking his manhood and just disrespecting him as a man. And now you want to cry about the reaction that you've been getting from the shit you said. I'm not sure what you expected, bro. You know comedy, we can't. Comedy is comedy. You know it's hit or miss. And you've definitely found your lane and got some fame of late and have really been doing your thing up to this point. But you crossed the line, and I think that you're finding out what that means now. This shit is not a game. You're not really just going to go around disrespecting people these days, especially someone to his caliber who has the love of the entire West Coast by far, but you know a lot of love out there in general. So my advice, bros, just fall back, leave it alone, let it blow over, because the more you talk, the more shit you're gonna get in. I wish you and your family peace and happiness, bro, and a little safety. I want to welcome back to the show someone who's gonna gonna end up being your guys' favorite character on this show. The neighborhood.
Speaker 2: What's up? Hey?
Speaker 1: They would say, we got to get you a song. We got to get you some kind of some kind of song for the neighborhood hater and get that clear.
Speaker 2: Let's get that figured out soon. Though definitely you stepped into a space.
Speaker 1: I think the first few times I had you on the show, you were a little nervous and you weren't really talking your ship like you normally pop your ship. But last week you popped your shit a little bit and it it it. It got some some energy on social media towards me in the comments.
Speaker 2: Man, that wasn't.
Speaker 1: People were mad at me that I listen. I'm just like, Yeah, the reason why I wanted to do because you talk like I mean, I can give both sides. I can give a fan side, I can give a business side. I can't give a player side. You talk like a real sports fan. You're delusional, you're crazy, you're drastic. You jump off the de side of the ship every game like. But that's how real LA people and LA sports fans think and talk, absolutely, and that's why I wanted that perspective here.
Speaker 2: Well, you're about to get a lot because we're not relevant right now, right in the West, and it's tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Lakers in the last you know at this point last year twenty five games to they were fifteen to ten under Darvingham. This year on the JJ twenty four games, they're thirteen and eleven seventh, worst net rating in the league bottom five, and defense twenty eighth and three point percent twenty ninth and field goal percentage. I mean, what are you thinking right now a quarter of the way through the season about your team?
Speaker 2: I mean we're having But before you do that, Ray, can you come in? Ray? Can you come in in?
Speaker 1: Ray is on cush up duty and he's been an habitual. Later and throughout this show, you'll see Ray periodically.
Speaker 2: Jump on camera.
Speaker 1: So Ray, if you don't mind, Jimmy's got the camera, you can just do it right there, legs coming into the frame because yeah, make sure you get it right, bro, or I mean, just turn your electronics off.
Speaker 2: Was on the chair that I said about him.
Speaker 1: So that's that car, that's the instant car.
Speaker 2: But Nate, I'd like to say, I don't think I could do five pushups in my current status.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Ray ten. Yeah, to keep your thought though, Gina, because we're gonna get right back to you.
Speaker 2: I'm with it, that boy strong, Yes, Jesus, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He ain't really smoking, but we'll give him a pass. Actually, can you give me two more because I didn't real feel like he was smoking during that time, but I don't right, hey, I didn't see no smoke come out as the problem my mom. Man, gets your thing together. Bro, We'll let you ask on the car because we'll have the vacuum up here. So as you get done, there you go. Now it's smoking. Just give me two good ones.
Speaker 2: And I know you don't want to fuck them. Kobe's up either, they're already getting the fuck. Thank you, right, we'll see it in a little bit. Thoughts on your team right now again, better out out the gates first twenty five last year, two games above five hundred right now? I mean, well, first thing is clearly the coach wasn't gonna matter whether Man or we have JJ. It is what it is on the court with Lebron and Ad right now. Secondly, I mean, being from La Man, it's tough watching my team fold like this. Like imagine we are just coming off a World Series. You think like the Lakers would get that championship bug in them.
Speaker 1: The city's actually.
Speaker 2: Going the opposite direction right now. Daily yes, and they're mad at me for saying that I want these this person traded, that person traded. Well, somebody's got to go somebody.
Speaker 1: I mean where did I mean, as a fan, where do you place the blame? I mean, is it, like you said, obviously, the coach? It is what it is with the coach, the roster? Is it management? Is it players having to say and who comes and who doesn't like? Where do you feel like the issue with this this team is.
Speaker 2: Well, the team is we're not trying to make a move. We're not trying to make any immediate moves, and clearly we're not winning with this team. Right then, we've established that we're not winning with the tea.
Speaker 1: You guys had a pretty pretty dry summer.
Speaker 2: Right so we have to do something to make a move too, because we have Lebron next year too. So imagine we're going to go.
Speaker 1: On a still has four more years on his deal.
Speaker 2: That hurts you, four more years with a D.
Speaker 1: Bill Klaski came out with the article that that that that said a D and Bron both should Broun should to ask for trade and the AD should follow suit. I mean, is it time with this team? I mean La fans are finicky. You guys are used to you know, you guys are used to stuff. Is it time to press the reset button? Wish Bron? Well, maybe send Bron to Golden Steve Bron wants to go to Golden State and see what you can get for Ad.
Speaker 2: Let me be honest, like, if they're not going to make a move to make our team better right now, like in Lebron's this is it. Obviously he's past his prime, but Ad is not past his prime. He still in his prime. If we're not deciding to make a move to do something right now, what are we still holding on to Ad and Lebron for? Like really to sell tickets, to sell hot dogs?
Speaker 1: Pause? What do you think Braun to the Warriors? What do you think of that? So that would probably get you back like a kaminga Porzinski, Wiggins some more. Probably have to be a third team in there. But you can get some young pieces for Broun right now. And then my question to you is is Ad a piece you can build around? Would you just get Ad out too and just press the reset button and start all over well, and would you get Polinka out and maybe bring in a Bob Meyer like, what would you do if it was up to you?
Speaker 2: I mean, to be honest with you. We have an old timer running our ball club, right, Lebron is pretty much the oldest guy in the NBA. Any normal, any normal organization will be looking to make a move to better their team for the future. Once Lebron's gone, what do we got? We have literally nothing. We don't even have any first round picks. So what are we going to do for our future? Now you want to talk about who's whose problem is it? Or who's responsible for this? It's got to be Polinka. But it's Polinka really running the show for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: What are you saying?
Speaker 2: What am I saying? Yeah, I'm saying that Lebron James is it's name, Rich Rich Paul. I mean that what the La streets are saying. Absolutely, we're not saying that. We know that. It's very clear what's happening. It's not like a secret, you know. So we have to get from under that first before we can make any moves. Obviously for our Futurelinka have to go. For any other organization, wouldn't he be gone already? Possibly, especially for our organization that wins like us. This is the fourth coach under his reign. Crazy, Why do you think Magic left? Anyway? We'll talk about that. We'll talk about we'll talk.
Speaker 1: About you think Magic had issues with with Rob?
Speaker 2: Right? Absolutely? What's the meme that they have? All right now? I'm not gonna be here. I mean he wasn't playing, you know what I mean? And he's not here? So yeah, who's running the show over there? We have to get that figured out. But if we want to stay relevant, we got to do something right.
Speaker 1: Now, quickly and in a hurry. Speaking of right now, Ray, can I get fired?
Speaker 2: Good? Lord? Right right?
Speaker 1: Just give me five bro, he'd be doing yoga every morning. So Lebron is actually trade eligible come December fifteenth, it's been stated he stated, you know, the thanks Ray, the warriorsor reached out of the trade deadline last year, obviously being a free agent this summer he resigned with the Lakers. If Bron is, if this team is floating around five hundred come All Star break, do you see him having a change of heart? And do you think it would be dope? If he went to a Golden State or everywhere else could he go? I would love to see I just want to see him play with Steph and and let those two ride out.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty much the only destination for him to go outside of what like Phoenix or somewhere on this side, because I can't see him moving back to the East Coast or going back to Cleveland or any of that crazy stuff. He's la is La now, Let's be honest. Living here is different than anywhere else. It's great, He's got a couple of cribs here. Yes, So would that be the right thing for him to do, especially in the twilight of his career? Does he want to go win one more? Yeah? Cool? Take off. The Lakers are cool with that, Like we're cool with getting rid of Lebron right now. But I feel like we're trapped. Yeah, we are definitely trapped because we don't just have him to deal with We have Lebron James Junior to deal with us. They did not like when I said that in the comments last time. And it's not about Lebron Junior. For me, it's about my Lakers. I don't care about the name in the front. It has nothing to do with the back of the jersey.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely, So, Hey, if they do press the reset button, have you seen enough from JJ, I mean a quarter of the year. This is a hard time. I came out the gates. I know JJ's personality and I thought he'd be successful because I feel like he's a leader of men. This is just, and I've said this over the past few this is just a poorly constructed roster. There's not a ton of energy, there's not a ton of youth, there's not a ton of defense, and you need those things in this younger league. Is JJ the coach to lead them if they do press the reset button? And is Rob the guy calling the shots that can help put this team back in order?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, we don't have a lot of footage on j We don't have a lot of tape on JJ except with the Frisbee league, the flag football that he coached before. Like, we don't have a lot of tape to watching them. So do we really know they'll do? My boy, J I love that. Let me. Yeah, I don't have a problem with JJ, But is he really how do we know? Like he's it's a mystery, So that Jerry is still out? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Come on, So is the way this team performs? Is that how you're going to take it? Obviously? I know a lot of fans will take it. The record is how good your team is. The record is how good your coach is. Is there a chance that he could be a good coach with not a very good roster?
Speaker 2: Possibly? Isn't that what we banked Isn't that what we banked on by signing him? I'm asking you, do I believe he's a great coach. I have no idea if he's going to work. It's a mystery. So I'm going to learn with everybody else.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Soto switching gears. You had a glimmer of hope he might find his way out here. But fifteen years, seven sixty five unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years. I don't even want to be in a marriage for fifteen years, bro So.
Speaker 1: But if you're getting over fifty million a year, you'd be a made.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have separate rooms, but I feel what you're saying, like years. But he'll probably do eight of that eight years. No, I mean he's gonna get all his money.
Speaker 1: Don't get get his money, but he'll probably do eight years and then get into something that'll exceed that.
Speaker 2: Well, from what I see from the mess, he might be on the trading block by next year. Already they're not gonna be a great team next year. I mean, we smoked them this year and they're losing their first basement probably, Like I think, he definitely was just a money graph for him. Are we mad at him for taking seven hundred and sixty five? No?
Speaker 1: And he wouldn't give him if you work?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, do I hold on? Let me just finish. Do I wish that the Dodgers had him, Absolutely, because we'd be the biggest show on Earth. Even though we're the biggest show on Earth now, we would definitely be the biggest show on Earth.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing in this off season? Have you guys made any moves yet?
Speaker 2: We made a few moves yesterday, Blake teering in. We got the guy from the Giants, what's his name? The outfitter from the Giants? Yesterday we're trying to resign Taascar? Yes, yes, what about the picture? I think we're first in line to get him. Man, we don't even have to pay him because's under twenty five, Like he's young, so we don't even have to give him a big contract. And why wouldn't he come to us? We got our tiny We got this, We got the other picture coming from the same team. Absolutely come jump jump on the wave. Well, Gina, Man, I appreciate your time. Thank you for coming over here and busting these fans with what they didn't want to hear. I feel that, but it's the truth. But do me a favor. It's to tect me from them.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They can't call me a brick ross starter pack and I hear that. Okay, I cannot listen to that. Man. They're gonna break my heart.
Speaker 1: Man, whoever comes up with the best dish for him, I'll pay you one hundred dollars in the cash right before Gino gets out of here.
Speaker 2: We need we need five more right, right?
Speaker 1: We need five more right? One?
Speaker 2: Two? Great?
Speaker 1: We can't work through them. Three four? Thank you. Ray. Last night, my brother Chris Paul became the second in the history of the NBA and assists passing Jason Kidd. I just wanted to really take a second and congratulate my brother, my former teammate, my friend. Twenty years in this game. Man, your longevity, your greatness has been on display, from playing against you to having some of the best years of my career playing with you. Someone I feel who's got a bad rap at times because I don't think you understand Chris. Chris sometimes has a problem with his delivery, But it's not the message. I think it's sometimes it's the delivery. But again, one of the greatest competitors I've ever played with, one of the smartest guys I've ever played with, and I think one of the greatest point guards this game has ever seen. So I want to salute you, bro. Continued success, continued health, and man, it's been a joy watching you all these years. And let's welcome into the show, my guy, Steven Jesse Jackson. We got five or five topics we're gonna chop it up with. First of all, I just got done given our brother CP three his flowers. He passed our other brother j Kidd second time all time and assists. Jack you played against cp A ton, What was the game planning like when you had to go up against cp.
Speaker 2: Don't don't let him go right. That was the only thing.
Speaker 4: You let him go right, you know, just try to make a difficult for him. You couldn't stop him. He was too smart. I think, you know, just the way CP A poached the game.
Speaker 2: He was tough.
Speaker 4: You couldn't punk him, so you know, we was we knew he was a dominant right hand guy, and nine out of ten times let him go right, it's gonna be a crazy assist or a score by him.
Speaker 2: So just try to keep him going left.
Speaker 4: And know you still couldn't stop him, but him being where he is now and being second and assist all time, he definitely deserves it. He's putting his time in, he's he's probably the best player that ever played without a championship, if not the best one or two. So you know, I'm just happy for him.
Speaker 1: Jackie. You let me right into my next question that you and I were going to talk about the best player to never win a ring, And I'm gonna give you a list, and let's maybe do our top fi. Let's say top five, So Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Carmelo, Anthony, Tracy McGrady, Steve Nash, Calll Malone, James Harden up to this point in CP three, who.
Speaker 2: Is I can do that?
Speaker 1: Listen, let me hear your top five.
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 1: AI, okay, number.
Speaker 4: Two, I go CP three, I'll go Barkley, Four, I would go Trace McGrady, and five I would say, who else is left?
Speaker 1: Malone, Carmelo, T Matt. You know James said, you know Malone ain't going on my list. Yeah, I'll go James Harden, solid list, solid list. Javonte Davis. Do you believe him? Is he done next year? He says he's gonna retire in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I do believe in me. I'm buying I think so because I understand where he had mentally. You know, I've been there in my life, and you know sometimes me and you have both been protected and providers our families. You know what I'm saying. For for a long time, and as a man, you deal with a lot of things, even just coming out the house.
Speaker 2: You see people, what's up, bro, I got you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see you a gett broke Like you take on so many roads as a man coming out of the house along I mean, along with the roads you have for your families, being a father, and you know, like saying, you put your professionally things. It becomes a lot, bro. So you get to a point where you just want to be with your family, be around the people that really love you, that really that really supports you, that really.
Speaker 2: Depend on you. And get away from it all.
Speaker 4: You know, Tankers made a lot of money this next year, he's gonna make the most. You know, if the fights line up, how the's poster with s your cour and all these other guys. You know, he's gonna ride off to the sunset with a win and with a lot of money, or with a lost with a lot of money. So I understand where he's that. Just getting away from it, man, it can weigh weigh on you. And if you've never been in that position, if you never been through a lot, you know, from like I said, from things you put yourself through and other people put you through. You know what I'm saying, You'll never understand it. But I see, I understand totally. Whereas that it has nothing to do with boxing. To whom much is given, much is required and changes required. And it takes us understanding that to be what he wants to be for his family and his kids and the man he wants to be, some thing's got to change and let that to letting that tough persona go. I understand it because I said that, I said that recently. I'm not jumping in front of people shit like that. I used to I'm not being the guy that's jumping in front of everybody. Shit, I don't want to have no conversation with nobody. I want to be out the way so I get a way.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: So if this is the case, if he is done this year, he obviously has roach in.
Speaker 2: March next year, not this year, next year.
Speaker 1: No, excuse me, excuse me, Yeah, I mean he has roach in this upcoming March twenty twenty five. He would probably only be able to get one more fight in. Right, Who is that one fight you'd want to you'd want to see?
Speaker 4: Before he left, he said he said he want to fight three times. He said he gonna fight three times. But the fight that he has to end with has to be Shagul, It has it has to be cool. I think, you know, that's that's the only guy I really want to see him fight. That's he scour is the best around. They've they've had words. I love him both as fighters and as a boxing fan. You know, I want to see the best fight, the best.
Speaker 1: I get where that that that that mental drain and where and taking time away from the family and and and if I'm what is he's mid twenties, he's thirty. I could see him stepping away for a little bit of time, uh and and and and possibly getting that hunger back and coming back and you know after a year or two years. But you know, I think what you hit on is that mental drains a motherfucker, man. And and when you feel like you've had enough, you you definitely either have to stop or or or or step away because if your mind is not all the way into any of these top sportsmen, you could tell.
Speaker 4: You gotta remember he missed a year from the sport in jail, you know what I mean. So like just that whole experience away on a.
Speaker 1: Lot mental health, man. I mean, we just talked to Kadi about that the T and T Crew is coming to ESPN and twenty twenty five. I guess ESPN said, if you you know, if you if you can't beat them by them, I'm not even mad at the move. You know, obviously, what that T and T Crew has meant to the culture of basketball and the culture in general has been huge. So what my understanding is it'll still be produced by the T and T side or the T and T guys. I'm not exactly sure, but I think it'll be licensed similar to what Pat McAfee did, Jack, what do you think about this new wave of athletes and and really the ability to get your whole shit together and then start leasing or licensing out to these major streamers and networks. I think we've come a long way as far as the way sports media is told. Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't don't think about it.
Speaker 4: I think about it all the smoke and uh, definitely what we got going on, I don't think about none of that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just keeping it funking with you. I think about what we.
Speaker 4: Got going on, our family, the people around us, and uh, you know, a couple of other shows that a couple other shows that I support for the people that we walk with. But I don't think about that, bro I honestly don't. I think by what we gotta do to keep making making away from what we got going on.
Speaker 1: Keep making our dope ship. That's the kind of stuff I worry. But I, like you worry about one side, I worry about the other.
Speaker 2: You know. I just like my brain will ask, hey, don't don't give me no migrant. Don't give me no migrant. Have to worry about too much, Broke, you donna live keep my ship limited.
Speaker 1: No, I feel you know, I like to just see I mean, you know, I mean, I'm more of the business side, so I like to see the landscape and to see the way things are shifting, and to be able to give our company ideas to go out and do with the Amazons, and and and and and those type of the peacocks, that kind of stuff in the world. So I love seeing it, I love learning from it. But I feel you it's all the smoke or nothing. Steven A reported is about to break the bank anywhere from one hundred to one hundred and twenty million. He might also be able to do some licensing there. He currently has his own show on YouTube. Thoughts on steven A. Obviously it's been a roller coaster with y'all too, but just the way he's able. I remember steven A coming in Man when I got traded to Philly, and when he was around AI at the beginning of my career and kind of the beginning of his career, and to kind of see his journey and the dips and turns and lefts and rights has taken. But to be able to say that a sports personality is about to make one hundred and twenty million. I mean, obviously some guys have made more, but those are normally former athletes. This guy's, you know, a self made personality and he's about to sign a check for one hundred and twenty million, and I'm sure there's gonna be a lot more incentives and bonuses involved. Do you have any thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we disagree on a lot of things, but the respects that remains, and I congratulate him for even being able to get that money and get your money, bro, I ain't never been on hat. Get that money, bro, if anybody deserve it from the way he's been self made, you know, Steve, and they deserve it.
Speaker 2: You you ain't got to agree with everything he said to.
Speaker 4: Respect them and congratulate him on the success he's had all these years.
Speaker 2: So I soluted for it.
Speaker 1: Definitely. Definitely, I'm happy for him too.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to interrupt, but Ray wants to get down and give us some cushups, Jim. Can we make sure we get the camera on him? Thank you, so we can continue our conversation. Yeah, man, I mean, if you follow this show, you know, if you disrupt the show, in any way, whether it's unplugged or all the smoke. And you're not a guest, you got to do cush up. But Ray violates every time he comes in the building. Ray has eighty in the bank, and I'm gonna get about seventy of them bitches during this show. So Ray, can we get twenty to start? Can we make sure? Can we make sure? Jack Casi?
Speaker 2: Oh, and you gotta do it in your teal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he got the new Kobe that the Kobe got bone fits. Don't kick the camera now, right, go ahead? He focused? Yeah, one, two, yes, sir, three on a fingertips six, seven, hey, nine, nine, it's good for him. Ten, come on, Tim more eleven the smoke, Ray, come on, I've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had smoked before.
Speaker 1: He's just blowing it out. Good word. We don't even care about the ash. We'll vacuum that up. Yes, Si, damn. That's a good twenty. Hey, Jack, don't worry. He'll he'll be back. He'll be back. Good job, Ray, Catch your breath, right, he got some more work to do. Catch your breath. He loves those things, y'all absolutely love. And that's why he's got sixty more. The other day, Rachel got some time with Aunt in La and let's take a look at that video right now.
Speaker 5: Last time I saw you was the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to catch up and see who you think on your team you learn from the most, and how you're applying it so far this season.
Speaker 5: From the Olympics, I probably say Steph. Yeah, just playing without the ball, running around, cutting setting screens, getting guys open, just being happy for my teammates. I think Steph did that in the whole Olympics, and I definitely try to mimic that a little bit. So that's why you're shooting forty percent from three. I think that plays a big role in it too. Just watching him and trying to figure out my mechanics for sure.
Speaker 1: So interesting, Thank you, Rachel. I imagine a young up and coming superstar being able to be around the greatest, some of the greatest guys I've ever played, but definitely you know, the greatest in the game currently, and just be able to kind of see these guys work every day. I remember my brief time at the end of my career at Golden State. It was a joy to watch Steph and KD and Clay work after practice, Like I was someone and when I went there, all the courts are always filled with you know, Iggy and everyone. But to see the front court was Kat and Steph and sometimes Steve Nash would be in there with them, and then Clay on the other side. I'll see Clay knock down ninety seven out one hundred fucking threes, and then I see Steph and KD doing the one foot balance left hand, right hand, just incredible. So I say all that to say, you know, for Anthony Edwards, a young up and coming superstar, they could still put some of this kind of stuff in his game. Jack, was there anyone that was instrumental as you were a young guy kind of trying to find your footing in this space that you could really lean on and took notes from and was able to, you know, add some part of their game or their mental to your game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for me, it was Steve Smith. I talk about him all the time.
Speaker 4: I mean he gave me a lot of knowledge, you know, not only you know, as far as playing wise and understanding my shots and how to get shots and how to postuff stuff like that, but even when you know, I was put in a position where I had to replace him in the starting lineup. You know, I didn't. I didn't know how to walk in the locker room and say something. So I was taking the spot. But he broke that ice. He pulled me each other side and was supporting me just like I supported him. So I learned the life from State Smiths that was my guy. So I understand it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Steph and the Warriors, uh, the word desperate has come out from that side to try to find an all star player to run alongside Steph and you know, and for the remainder. I mean, I think Steph is thirty six, he's still incredible, but they want to try to find and put a piece next to him that could really, you know, maximize his remaining time. Anybody come to mind that could really kind of really say that they're contenders.
Speaker 4: Some of the two people that could possibly even go there and make them contenders, and they'd be Yannis le Braun. I don't see nobody else they can land one of them to Yeah they got action, anybody.
Speaker 2: Else they're spinning their wheels.
Speaker 1: I'd I'd love to see uh uh shit, I'm bad. I froze for a second. I'd love to see Olympic bron with that team, the one where he can just kind of run the show and and and make things happen out there. So we shall see what happens with that. You know obviously that you know Clay's and uh Dallas. Now the little back and forth with Draymond came off the bench one game and started the next game. They're over there trying to kind of figure out anything they could possibly do to to maximize us from many times. So we'll have to stay tuned with that. Jack, Before I get you out of here, if you don't mind, I want to call right back to the stage and get get some more work. If you don't mind, Jack, Jack, if you don't mind, on Gore On, Oh Gord, Yeah, so you got sixty more, but I'll just give me ten hey until Jack, you'll see him later.
Speaker 4: In the till knocked out forty in the till I see you, Ray.
Speaker 1: No, it'll be just thirty war does thank you doing ten?
Speaker 2: He creasing the ship out the shoes, damn right, so dedicated.
Speaker 1: Damn it, Ray, damn it right.
Speaker 2: Be careful, just gonna put your ship on vibrate, bro.
Speaker 1: He don't know how to do it. He already, Bro, he violated. He had sixty in the bank and violated today. Like, how does that happen?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 1: Think she'd be doing that ship on purpose?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I tell him you just I just tell him your nigga, you're the most technologically sound person out here besides gym And now that's your excuse me, Jack, appreciate your identity. All right, y'all, Hey, man, enjoy your time. Had you heard your head over the waters?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Clear your mind? Man, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like I said, I'm tapping with y'all for I'll even get y'all my location everywhere I go because I ain't feeling it.
Speaker 1: Might you might need to sign you might have need to send a plan for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, come you know the I don't know what they say. Come get you boy, Yeah, man, come get me something mapping. All right, bro, have fun. I lay I lay you out to a hollow child. Now I want to welcome in Jordi.
Speaker 1: And one thing I want to do on this unplugged show is kind of stay in touch with the younger culture, younger generation, uh, with the memes and the tiktoks and all that kind of stuff, because I'm building a business here and we have to be able to relate to different demos. And this person, uh by some has been called the NBA edit King of TikTok. Welcome Jeordi. How you doing bro?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, man. I'm excited to be here and I'm so grateful to be here with you.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you. Is this your first interview? Have you done an interview about your talents on social media?
Speaker 3: This is my first interview, This my first time showing my face. So this is a this is a monument This is a monumental day for me and I guess the brand Jordi.
Speaker 1: So hey, well we're unveiling we'll pull ship back today. Well, man, I recently saw your main account got banned but you got it back quickly. What does that say about, you know, the fan base you've acquired and and and the growth of your brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that really let me know that the support was real and the love was real.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Jordie World.
Speaker 3: My account got my first account got banned for reasons unknown to this day. But you know, I started a new account and in three months is by the hit three hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that's when I actually realized.
Speaker 3: That, you know, the the love is real, and yeah, shout out to everyone that that supports me for real.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, How did you get started? Because if I understand, like you have obviously have a regular job, but now this is starting to become a real thing. So how did you get into this position? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I do have a regular job, regular nine to five, and it's it's complete opposite of all this, you know, content creation and sports content. And I was just bored, bored at work, honestly, and you know, I was like, you know what, how how can I make this more fun? And so I was on Twitter and they were posting, you know, these edits of basketball with R and B in the back like smooth, And I was like, you know what, I love music, I love basketball and sports.
Speaker 6: Let me give it a try.
Speaker 3: And I started the TikTok account and I just you know, was posting stuff just for fun out of the love. And like I was okay with you know, no one watching, because I have a passion for music and basketball.
Speaker 6: Like I said, so, I was just know creating.
Speaker 3: And the first week that I started that account, I had three videos that tesched a million views, and so that's when I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: We might might have I got something here, might have something here recently. That's dope. You recently did a collaboration with ky Sanat to create a recap video. Obviously, streamers are the biggest thing smoking right now. How did that opportunity come about?
Speaker 2: And how was that?
Speaker 1: I mean because again, that wasn't necessarily my demo. That's my kid's demo. When I saw them talking about it, then I saw they had you know that keV and Snoop and you know, more people my age on there. But he goes crazy, So how did that opportunity come about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, streamers run the internet right now, or social media. So he actually reached out to me on DM and I thought it was fun. I thought it was like a catfish account trying to you know, scam me or something. But I went to his profile I was actually in and he was actually doing another stream.
Speaker 6: This was a few months ago when.
Speaker 3: He was doing a little basketball association and he's like, I would love for you to make the highlights for you know, my my basketball games. And I was like, yeah, of course, it's just crazy that he reached out to me and trusted me to do that. But since then, like we've built a good friendship, I would say, and you know, it's not just always about business, Like he would reach out to me randomly just send me like one of my videos and be like, yo, you this fire. So, I mean, I'm grateful for the opportunity that he gave me, and I look forward to, you.
Speaker 6: Know, continuing that that partnership that we have. But it was great.
Speaker 3: He's really down to earth, Like he's one of the faces of this generation, you know, for social media entertainment, but he couldn't be more like real honestly.
Speaker 1: That's dope. That's that's super dope.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your goal? What's your dream in this space?
Speaker 2: Uh? To do?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I started all this for fun, honestly, and I'm still doing it for fun a year later, and I think this, I'm like living proof that your life can change in the year because I'm sitting here with Matt Barnes and all the smoke. But I mean, my goal is, honestly just to keep having fun with it and just keep sharing my passion for music and basketball and sports.
Speaker 6: In general with the world. But I want to I want to push the envelope.
Speaker 3: Further than just you know, making videos. I feel like I built a name for myself and I feel like Jordan can become a brand, and I look forward to, you know, twenty twenty five. I want to expand further than just making sports at it. I'm still going to do it, but you know, I want to do some more things, like now that I've show my face, I can do real life you know content. More opportunities can come my way by doing this. So definitely just want to keep expanding, you know, on the brand that is that I built with JORDI.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. Man, give me your favorite or maybe favorite two edits you've done.
Speaker 3: Favorite two well, just because this is the most popular one I did and editor jere McCain when he was at Duke and he was singing a song called two Days into College and that video got.
Speaker 6: Eighteen million views.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So that's always going to be.
Speaker 3: Near and dear to my heart because that's what really kind of put me on the map as far in the sports you know, content creation, because from that video I went from like seventeen thousand followers to a one hundred thousand followers in a few weeks. And so I'll say that one and then another one of my favorites, I'll say, I'll say all the ones. I met Anthony Edwards with the Boss Man Dilo.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's just.
Speaker 3: The way Delos music just matches AND's game and everyone loves it.
Speaker 1: And so hey, man, well we appreciate your time. We definitely uh want to do some collab work with you, man, and uh, you know, we appreciate what you're doing and thank you for giving me a few minutes of your time today.
Speaker 6: Bro, I appreciate you having me. Actually have a funny story.
Speaker 1: If I could tell you, Yeah, yeah, what's up.
Speaker 3: So when I was younger in school, there's always this rumor that this teacher she was dating Matt Barnes. And so we were young, so we had this is like a little bit after you played out here in the Baby and so this is like, uh, it was like a rumor, but we had no way to prove it, you know, Like, so everyone said, oh, yeah, she dated Matt Barnes.
Speaker 6: Her name is ms Mar.
Speaker 3: And a few years later, uh, a few years later, someone from our school had reached out to you on Twitter like, hey, do you remember this person?
Speaker 6: Miss Marty said you dated her.
Speaker 3: And then you tweeted back like, no, I have no idea who that is.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's crazy. Yeah I don't. I definitely don't recognize the name like that. I was, you know, I was. I was out there back in the day, so hotelling. I was in the streets. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: He stamped in the bay. Nah, that's just a funny story. I had to bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, man, I appreciate that. But well, thank you for your time today, Jordi man. Best of luck, and again, we definitely need to collab moving forward, for sure.
Speaker 6: All the smoke Jordi collab coming.
Speaker 1: Soon, no doubt. Bro, have a good one. Before we get out of here, I want to give you guys my picks for this week. I was three and one. Last week, should have been four and oh the Rams got the Bills, But three and one solid this week. The Thursday night game last week, I said I was gonna have to leave the Niners, but Party came out yesterday and showed his ass. So I'm back on the bedding side of the team. I'm always fucking with you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You guys know that. But Rams at the Niners. I'm gonna take the Niners minus two and a half, even though they just got the Bills. Taking Niners at home minus two and a half. Nate shaking his head. He doesn't agree with that, but that's okay because he's not a Niner fan. Sunday Bills at the Lions. Bills coming off a tough loss, can they rebound? Lions have been very consistent this year, Some say the favorites coming out of the West. I'm gonna take the Lions minus two and a half at home. Steelers at Eagles hoo hoo. That's gonna be a good one. A lot of back and forth about the passing game right now of the Eagles, AJ Brown having some issues. Teams only throwing the ball about twenty times a game, it's hard to get a rhythm. But you know who's showing up night in night out, that boys, sakwah. So I'm gonna take the Eagles fixing up the turmoil in their locker room at home minus four and a half versus Steelers, And last but not least, the Packers at the Seahawks. I don't know if the Packers are for real yet, but I need them to be for real this Sunday to beat the Seahawks. So I'm gonna take the Seahawks. Excuse me, I'm gonna take the Packers minus two and a half in Seattle. That's a wrap on this week's show. You guys can tune in on all the Smoke Productions YouTube and the Draft Kings Network right before we get out of here. Hold on, I hope you guys are still watching. Raise got five for you, Tim ol Right, thank you, nine eight seven six five. We'll see you guys next week. Two one