Speaker 1: Hello everyone, I am the Sea of the Greek scene and you are listening eyes up here from the iHeartRadio Network or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: As always, I'm joining by the Chad Sester. How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm awesome, this is great, I'm lovely, wonderful, amazing.
Speaker 2: Wow, very positive. Today.
Speaker 3: Let's try to do all my Arnolds, all my Arnold adjectives. Arnold who Schwartzenegger?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that what he's doing in his voice?
Speaker 3: It's wonderful, it's amazing, it's great, it's.
Speaker 2: Lovely, that's really good. My husband is a huge Arnold fan.
Speaker 3: Nice huge.
Speaker 4: And you've seen our home, Jim, yes, So now it's covered with a line I and Arnold. So everywhere I look Arnold staring at me. He's judging me as I work out.
Speaker 3: Do his eyes move while they go across the room.
Speaker 4: Probably, he's a little scary, he's a little intimidating. He used to have a picture of Triple H up there, one of his bodybuilding pictures, but that has been replaced by Arnold.
Speaker 2: Triple H is out and Arnold is in.
Speaker 3: Did the Triple H picture bury you? Every time he walked across the room.
Speaker 4: He said, didn't we fire you in two thousand and six? Yes, you did, but I keep coming back. So what's going on in the world of the chad st Anything new happening now?
Speaker 3: Great? Great couple of days. Glad to be back. I hope everything's going well in the Castle of the Queen.
Speaker 4: Did you have a good Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: One of the best in his three What.
Speaker 2: Did you eat?
Speaker 3: Did you eat a lot?
Speaker 2: I wore my stretchy pants. I have stretchy pants.
Speaker 4: I usually uh try to get elast stick around the waist so I can enjoy my meal.
Speaker 2: How to work out before I went.
Speaker 4: I've been diligent about my workouts, so I was able to eat what I wanted. But I don't like turkey. I'm one of those people who don't like turkey. Like like the bird turkey. I like lunch meat turkey, but I don't like turkey on Thanksgiving, so I eat stuffing.
Speaker 2: Okay, stuffing, mashed potatoes and corn. That's my that's my meal. Oh and yams if they're very sweet and have marshmallow on them.
Speaker 4: I like that, but.
Speaker 2: You know that's all I ate.
Speaker 3: Don't don't like the marshmallow on anything. So they put them on the sweet potatoes and yams. I don't. I like sweet potatoes actually, like it's very odd. I like the process sweet potatoes more than the fresh Okay, very odd. But if you put a marshmallow on it, we're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 4: Well, I stay away from the desserts because I hate apple pie and I hate pumpkin pie. And that's what we were told. We did dessert, and that's what we brought. Okay, stay away, And I don't mind that because then I don't I don't crave sweets, you know, because I can't stand pumpkin. Everybody who knows me knows I hate the pumpkin. No pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you. I've not had a drop of chocolate entered my body in twenty twenty three. Okay, so the Thanksgiving treat was cheesecake. So that that is what I indulged with on Thanksgiving was cheesecake.
Speaker 2: Just the regular New York style.
Speaker 3: That was it. That was That was the requested dessert since I was not having chocolate. Yeah, any kind of like, you know, I really haven't had any like cookie cake, nothing. I maybe the birthday cake, I can't remember that. I think they made a peanut butter thing for my birthday. But that was the extent of the sweetest thing I've had all year. But I did replace the alcohol that band and you did that.
Speaker 2: That's okay, we all need a drink.
Speaker 3: I kept in check.
Speaker 2: Did you host or did you go somewhere?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're the host that we host every Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: See, Well, we traveled.
Speaker 4: This was the first year we were able to travel, and it was it was nice to be with like my whole family. I think this was the first time and probably the last four years, because you know, the last four years my mom wasn't able to go anywhere. So now we had the opportunity to actually, you know, go and partake. And it was a good time. And I had a couple of cocktails and I enjoyed myself and I liked it. So, you know, bring on Christmas. Now, I'm ready. I'm going to decorate, start decorating this week. And it's never too early. It's not too early.
Speaker 3: I already decorated pre Thanksgiving. So you're all, oh, you're done, well, Well, not the bottom half, not the area you stayed in that didn't get decorated yet. We put a tree. We put a tree in that area too. But the upstairs main, the ten footer is up nice. It was up pre Thanksgiving, all decorated. Everything is up, but the dining room is that's the only Thanksgiving room in the house, or was the only Thanksgiving room in the house, right right.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 4: I'm one of the people who want to get it up kind of early. And then January second, I can't stand looking at it and I need everything out of my face. So I'm excited for this season. But I hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. And today we're going to change it up here on the show. We're going to do something a little different. We're gonna do a segment called ask me almost Anything, And I always include the almost because some of you are absolutely disgusting, and when you're disgusting, I will not read your question because you're nasty and filthy, So I always had that almost in there.
Speaker 2: Most of you are respectful, you know who you are.
Speaker 4: Nasty ass is no who you are.
Speaker 3: They could be dirty birds.
Speaker 4: They are dirty, dirty birds. But we had a great response. We had a lot of questions. So whatever we can't get to on this show. We'll save it for another show. And you know, there's always someone new asking me a question about something, so I thought it would be fun to answer some, and I haven't. I've read a couple of them.
Speaker 2: I haven't gone through everything.
Speaker 4: So Chat, I'm gonna let you do the honors and pick some questions for me today and hopefully my answers will entertain you absolutely.
Speaker 3: And I have a wild card question that is not h the list that I will save for the end.
Speaker 2: Oh, is it from you?
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you who.
Speaker 2: You already submitted the wild gard.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you who.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, I'm.
Speaker 3: Saving that for the end. That would like me to read the Twitter handle who it's from, and then yes.
Speaker 4: I think that would be fun to give them a shout out as well. So but I'm going to give a shout out to dobber ten before we even start.
Speaker 2: Dobber ten, you know the answers to that question.
Speaker 4: But great seeing you and having dinner with you, and hopefully we'll do it again next year. So I just want to say hi to him before you started.
Speaker 3: Very nice. First up, Tigers at the Aquarium.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, oh you're you're really where are you?
Speaker 3: It was the first one. It started. This is the first one that comes up when I click on your post. It's the first one underneath on my Side's.
Speaker 2: At the aquarium? Where the hell is? Okay, I'll find it?
Speaker 3: Okay, yep at aquarium Tigers. Is there anyone you wish you could have worked with that you didn't get a chance to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yes, there are.
Speaker 2: I cannot find him on the sheet. Where is he?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can't find him anywhere? This is weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yes there is someone.
Speaker 2: Sherry Martell.
Speaker 4: I've told this story before and I will tell it again. Sherry is one of the reasons why I wanted to get into the business. I loved her work. I loved everything about her. I thought she was like the greatest female in the business, and just adored her. And when I started training at ECW, she was there and she was working.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she was working with Shane at the time.
Speaker 4: This might have been. This was on the tail end because she was actually leaving the company. And when I met her, we got to talk for an extended amount of time in the locker room, and she kept telling me I can't wait to work with you. And I'm gonna grab that long hair and I'm gonna whip you around. And I was just looking at her with love in my eyes. I was like, Oh, this is gonna be great. I get to work with Charry Martell.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah. Then she proceeds to tell me about when she went to Japan and was so drunk. She got so drunk on the airplane and she had to have a match, like when she got off the airplane, so she was bombed. I guess when she.
Speaker 2: Wrestled or something.
Speaker 4: And then I got a little scared to work with, But nonetheless, she was a doll. She was a pleasure to speak with. The following week, I go back to the you know, wherever we were, and she had left. She went to WCW and she was working with Harlem Heat So I never got the opportunity to work with her, and I was completely heartbroken about it because I really wanted to.
Speaker 2: So she's the one that got away.
Speaker 3: It's a bucket list. And I'm surprised too, maybe not even circling back at some point, you know, that's surprising that after WCW she didn't make around and that you guys. Never crossed paths on the Indies afterwards was interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, because I don't know when she I can't. I don't know what year she died.
Speaker 3: She didn't die till much later. No, she'd you'd be surprised. I can't remember what year.
Speaker 4: It was, maybe two thousand and twelve, okay.
Speaker 3: But she was on No, she went and did the Indies again in the mid two thousands. I mean, she's on WWETV in two thousand and seven when doing the Michael pert Angle feud. Never cross paths with her, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Not at a convention, not at a show, assigning nothing.
Speaker 2: So I really wanted to.
Speaker 3: I recall rossing paths with her at a signing, and she was wearing the old Shawn Michael's attire, and if you recall, certain part of that Shawn Michael's attire was cut out. She was wearing the chips if she was got a little bit of Sherry's keister up close in the She she.
Speaker 4: Was beautiful, she was talented, she was just everything a wrestling personality should be. And I just really wanted to work with her and learn from her because I didn't have that female counterpart to take me under their wing. I didn't have anybody like that that was female. It was just like the boys, you know, and you know, Shane actually filled that role for me. But I didn't have the female that I really wanted to latch onto, and I.
Speaker 2: Was hoping it would have been her, but unfortunately it wasn't.
Speaker 3: So my answer, that's a great answer, That's an absolutely great answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if? What if?
Speaker 3: All right? How about this one at Jimmy Ripped thirty three? Was there any or was there ever a special stipulation match that genuinely had you concerned?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm trying to got a couple put.
Speaker 3: You want me to go through the whole thing. He's got a couple of he's got a few parts of this. So was there ever?
Speaker 2: That's not one here either?
Speaker 3: Oh that's November nineteenth? That's today, isn't.
Speaker 4: It Today's I'm missing some of these papers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not right, but I'll just read the whole thing through. Was there ever a special stipulation match that genuinely had you concerned? Was there ever a coworker that got color and you said to yourself, we need to stop this. I'm really scared for them, So it's a pronger.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the match with Sabu was it sab and Terry Funk. It was the barbed wire match at the arena, and when he ripped his arm open and just just flesh was hanging out and.
Speaker 2: He didn't want stitches. You know, everybody.
Speaker 4: Crazy glued back then, and you know, I remember him being in the ring and them having to like pull the barbed wire out of his skin, and I'm just sitting there thinking to myself, how much farther can you go? Like it was crazy to see. It was literally like his skin was getting ripped off his bone, you know what I mean. Like he really needed to go to the hospital. I don't know if he did that night or not, but I just remember watching the monitor, being in the back and saying to myself, dear God, what is going on? Like stuff like that is just way too much, you know. But a lot back then, that's a lot of those guys just were busted open and they're bleeding and they're you know, they're crazy gluing themselves back together or trying to put like a big band aid on it, and I'm just like, no, you need medical attention and we did have medics and back, but a lot of the boys didn't want it.
Speaker 3: You know, barbed wire legit scary because.
Speaker 2: It was real barbed wire.
Speaker 4: I mean I've seen matches where the barbed wire was rubber.
Speaker 2: It was like fake. I've seen fake barbed wire. We never used that. Like this was all real. You can tell because like their.
Speaker 4: Clothes would be held on it and you're ripping off the clothes and then the skin it's wrapped into your skin. I was included in one barbed wire match and I remember saying to myself, how the hell am I going to get in and out of the ring. I'm not humping the ropes because it's barbed wire, you know what I mean. I gingerly got in and got out.
Speaker 2: It was I was scared to death, but uh, it was crazy. It was just it was it was gross. And I remember Phonsie like trying to help him.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a mess.
Speaker 4: So but They're been several times where I've seen the guys bleed and I'm just like, man, it's a lot, you.
Speaker 3: Know, hey, if not the torn flesh, think about rip The Sandman's classic Zubaz pants got ripped in his classic Barbara match with Ravens. So I mean, yes, zubas pants, come on.
Speaker 2: Should have got another parent?
Speaker 3: All right? How about this one at See You Soon boy with two wives?
Speaker 4: See Soon Boy.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stop you from reading. I can't even find.
Speaker 3: I'm liking the tweets as I go along.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, like which ones we read that would help what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: I can't find the one here? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right? Were you disturbed by the vulgar vulgar chants at ECW events when they were directed towards you or did you just take it as part of the show.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, No, I was never I was never offended, but I was impressed by the creativity, and I tried not to put the chance over in a positive way, even though sometimes I would die inside because I just wanted to applaud them and say well done. I always said, you can call me whatever you want, but don't touch me. So call me the sea word.
Speaker 2: Call me a bitch, call me a who, call me.
Speaker 4: Whatever, but don't punch me, don't spit on me, don't slap me, don't pull my hair, don't touch my clothes. That kind of thing is too far. If I didn't get the chance that I've that I got. Then I wasn't doing my job correctly. And as a heel, you want people to respond to you. And you know, if I would have went out there and everybody just would have gave me the golf clap and that would have been it. I mean, you know, I would have sucked at my job. So to generate the kind of heat that Shane and I had, or even me and just Incredible had, and to get those chants, I wear them as a badge of honor. Even though some of them were completely gross and nasty, they were well deserved because my character was a bitch.
Speaker 2: So I enjoyed them.
Speaker 4: So thank you to everyone who partner partook in the event and uh and called me names.
Speaker 2: You helped my career.
Speaker 3: Any personal favorites mm hmm, I.
Speaker 4: Mean that She's got her bees as a classic clever, very clever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were there.
Speaker 2: Were so many of them.
Speaker 4: I mean, I somebody should make a compilation video of just the things that were said to me. I do feel like out of every girl uh in that company, I got it the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh, hands down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really do believe that. But I enjoyed every minute of it.
Speaker 4: So it was fun.
Speaker 3: Imagine if there's somebody like a crossed the way that didn't know like the chants that were directed at you, and they actually maybe had herpes and their change she's got herpes and they're like, oh geez, how did they know?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, there were some rats back in the day who used to come to the shows, so maybe they did take offense to that.
Speaker 2: Who knows, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hey, what happened to the travel lodge? Stays at the travel Lodge, good lord? Or just gets reviewed or revealed on a shoot interview?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right. Twenty years later, everybody knows about it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, all right, how about this one at da j n X. He would he or she whoever this account, would like to know? Did you ever pitch ideas, matches, gimmicks, team ups? Is there anything that we may not know that you had a hand in making it happen?
Speaker 4: Oh? Paul was very receptive to talent giving ideas to him. He didn't always use them, but he would listen. I remember I've said this story before. I remember one night he was sitting there. We might have been in New York maybe Buffalo, I can't remember. But I remember he was sitting we were all it was a really big locker room. He was sitting at the table and he looked very perplexed. And I walked over to him. I said, are you okay? What's going on?
Speaker 2: And he was just like man.
Speaker 4: He goes, I want something for Anthony dur anting Pitbull number two, he said, And I can't. I can't think of anything for him to do tonight. And I said hmm, And then I looked across the room and I saw Chris Chetty and Chris Chatty was known as the rookie Chris Chetty back then, and a light bulb went off in my head and I go, Paul, I go, do you want Anthony to go over? Or do you want him to lose? And he goes, I think he needs to lose, and I said, put him against Chris Chatty. Let Chris Chatty go over, and then Chris Chetty can drop the rookie from his name. And Paul's face lit up like a Christmas tree and he was like, that's brilliant, that's brilliant. I'm using that, and he wrote it down on the piece of paper and that's how Chris Chetty dropped the rookie, and I was proud of that. It just I looked at him across the room and it was like, oh, like he lit up, like you know, like when Jesus lights up. Chris had that light around him, and I was like, oh, this is perfect because this elevates Chris.
Speaker 2: And I think the pipples.
Speaker 4: Were on their way out anyway, and you know, he was trying to transition everything.
Speaker 2: So that's the one idea that I remember him using.
Speaker 4: But like I would always like pitch, especially if we're sitting going over a match and I'd say, hey, I got this move I want to try later.
Speaker 2: Can I try this?
Speaker 4: And it's like you would either go to the ring and try it out on the guy that you want to work with, or you would do it cold in you know, just in the ring when you're working. But the guys, again, they couldn't have been more fair with the way they used the girls. Always let us shine, always incorporated spots for us. So I'm sure I pitched a bunch of stuff, and again, not everything was accepted, but it was always heard. And I appreciate that because some guys don't even want to put girls over or listen to any ideas, and that wasn't the way it was an ECW.
Speaker 3: But you're always thinking, right, I mean, you're always coming up with ideas, not necessarily for others. But you know what if one of the guys comes up to you and says, you know, I just I need I'm stale, I need an idea? Do you have anything that maybe I could use to id? Anybody ever do that with you?
Speaker 4: If we were all sitting like in a circle, like say there's like four of us in the match, two guys to managers, and you would hear the guys going over and him saying, well, what spot do we need next? Anybody have any ideas? And I would say, oh, why don't you do this? And sometimes it oh that works or something well that doesn't work because of this, and then they'd explain why it didn't. Oh right, you're right on that. Okay, So again, listen to the ideas. Sometimes it would you know, see the light of day, and other times they would tell you doesn't work because of this reason. And that's how you learn psychology, that's how you learn how to put together a match. I always sat there and listened from top to bottom because I was curious and I wanted to learn everything I could, and you know, I think it helped me.
Speaker 2: It helped me be a better performer.
Speaker 4: And again I'm grateful to all the guys that I did work with because they always let me shine.
Speaker 3: Yeah great, how about them? When you booked afterwards? So I think, would that have been wew your first yeah? Bo Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I booked for the Women's Company, and when I booked for this, I tried to make it more.
Speaker 2: Legit and not so much of it.
Speaker 4: I hate to say a joke, because we had really good female workers there, but sometimes that company was overshadowed by the porn that was, you know, placed in the middle of certain segments.
Speaker 2: And you know, I just wanted.
Speaker 4: Us to be respected as a women's wrestling federation, and so I was trying to book things that angles can carry over, not just we'll put these two together and then on the next pay per view there's no story attached, you know, Like I wanted things to continue. So that's the way I tried the book there, like long term instead of just for the moment. And I remember Steve Carroll, who some people would know as the money guy for ACW. He was our pay per view man. He called the shots with the pay per view. He was also the pay per view guy for W E W and I'll never forget he said something crazy to me, like if you mess this up, I'll stab you or something like that, and I said what And I was like, are you what I said? Did anyone hear what Steve just said to me? And because I worked, I believe I maybe refereed that match. But then I like, after the first match, I ran up and I had the headset on and I was telling people to come in and out and totally different experience than just being talent. And then when the show was over, Steve came up to me and he said, you did good, and then he walked away. And for him to like admit that, that's a big deal because Steve.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really give compliments.
Speaker 4: So I took that as I hit a home run and I was like, well, thank you, you know, but yeah, and booking for women is a little different too, you know, there's a different aspect in booking and all women's pay per view, especially when you have porn stars that don't know what they're doing and they need to be incorporated into the show.
Speaker 2: So all fun, a good time.
Speaker 4: You know, I made the best of it, and I'm telling you besides ec W, that's one of my favorite companies I ever worked for was W E W. And if you haven't checked it out, go back and look, because uh it's.
Speaker 3: We haven't done it in a while. We haven't a W in a long Yeah, we have to do a.
Speaker 2: Watch along again.
Speaker 4: It's a fun, fun take on h on women's professional wrestling.
Speaker 3: So all right, that's that's a great answer. Great, great question, great answer. All right, how about at the nature Boy one whose name is Seth Rolanes f R O L E I N S close relation I guess to Rollins Rolanes. When Franccene became big, was the character always going to run with Shane or were other performers mentioned? For Franccene, Triple Threat was so dynamic and great no other faction would have worked.
Speaker 4: So obviously I started with Stevie Richards the plan in the crowd Shane had. I think was he even in the company when I started? I don't think he was even back yet?
Speaker 3: When did you When did you go on to three?
Speaker 2: Is when I started training? Ninety four is.
Speaker 3: When I When did you debut with Stevie on.
Speaker 2: TV ninety five.
Speaker 3: What month, I don't know. I don't remember. So he leaves in around May ninety.
Speaker 4: Five, Okay, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you might have been in like literally two ships passing in the night.
Speaker 4: I don't, but I did see. I did house shows for a year and a half before I debuted for television, and I don't remember Shane ever being in the back.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't meet Shane until I was with Anthony.
Speaker 3: I have photos of a house show in some one of the towns of PA and it's when you're still in the crowd and he's the champion on the show. So at some point you definitely passed. But I mean he didn't talk ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't talk to me until.
Speaker 3: He's a champion. Come on, you're just he didn't see all.
Speaker 4: This yet, you know. He had to warm up to me a little bit. But yeah, So I don't know what Paul's vision was for me initially, Like I I know, he told me once I went with the pit Bulls it wasn't going to be long term, and then Shane was back into the company, so maybe he knew, but he kept out a secret from me until like almost the very end. And I told the story before about Brian Lee pitching to have me be his valet or his manager, and I'm like, yeah, I go from the vinyl to chaps, Like when am I going to be a lady? I want to wear a cute you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I love Brian.
Speaker 4: I wish we could get him on the show. We need to find him by the way out there.
Speaker 3: He's out there, He's out there.
Speaker 4: We need to find him. But I really don't know what Paul was thinking until like right maybe a week or so before that table spot happened. That's when he called me and we had a really long conversation about where my character was going. And I feel like if Shane would have stayed with the company, we would have just stayed together for the duration. I don't I honestly don't see me breaking away from him or turning on him, because the dynamic between us was so strong, and again like sometimes change is good, but if it ain't broke, you don't fix it. So we were a couple on screen for like three and a half years, and that's when he left and went, you know to w CW. So who knows. Who knows what could have been if he stayed. I mean, things could have been totally different. I really don't know. I was sad when he left because it was it was such a good partnership, you know, And now thirty three years later he's still around a kind of sort of so it still worked out for the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was cool when you would, you know, be with Candido when he would be in singles. You know, I guess to an extent to you know, Brian Lee as a singles it'd be cool you'd be with Brian Lee. So as a manager, it would be cool if they are in singles action you be in their corner as opposed to being exclusive to Shane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and for Bam Bam as well. I I walked like Chris. Candido would always come to me and say, listen, would you work with me tonight? You know Tommy's not here? And he would say, would you do this spot will be like Tommy does, And I'm like, whatever you want, Chris, Like we're a team, Like if you want me to come out with you, I'll come out with you. And then we would just say to Paul, is it okay if I go out with him, Yeah, go ahead, whatever. I it was just afraid that people would get sick of me.
Speaker 2: Oh here she.
Speaker 4: Comes again, Like there's three guys, let's have her out of here again.
Speaker 3: That helps the manager side, you know, of your career, you know when you're spread throughout the difference that I.
Speaker 4: Just didn't want to oversaturate the market with myself. There was one night, and I think it was at the Arena. We Shane and I we went to the ring five times in one night, and I kept telling him like, people they hate us, but now they're sick of us. And you would go, oh, I know, I'm sick of us too. Every time you like, somebody's music would hit and then our music would hit and here we come again.
Speaker 2: There was five different.
Speaker 3: Times and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so, or maybe we walked the outdooring of promo.
Speaker 2: But we went out there five times to the ring in one.
Speaker 4: Night, and I was just like, this is just overkilled.
Speaker 2: Like I hate myself.
Speaker 4: It's so annoying, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Paul said it needed to be done, so we did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I would have I definitely would have liked to have seen the Brian Lee partnership, maybe see how that would have worked, because that's it is such like and that's intriguing. But I mean, you and Candido were great. I think that's an partnership too, So I mean there's there's a lot more where they could have branched you off within the Triple Threat as just singles where the Triple Threat members didn't get involved with just you and X more.
Speaker 4: Often, working with different people helps your character grow and you get to do different things with different men. You know, when I worked with Shane, it was a little more serious than working with Chris Candido. Chris Candido, he's one of the guys that would never want to call a match in the back. He always wanted to call it in the ring. And I always used to say to him.
Speaker 2: What's my spot, and he'd go, I'll tell you out there.
Speaker 4: So I would literally go out there blind, not knowing what he wanted me to do. And like in the middle of match, you would say, hey, frianzceine, go get me a chair. Okay, So I would go and I would get him a chair, or hey for it, scene, we need a table. Tell me what corner of the tables and I'd look, you see me looking on your door. Oh to me here, Okay, you want me to pull it out? Okay, he would tell me as we went along, because that's how Chris worked. Shane, on the other hand, we went over things and we sat in the back and we would talk about it and discuss it, and everybody works it differently. I liked Chris's way because I didn't have to remember anything and it was just spontaneous and I was never really on edge.
Speaker 2: Because I'm like, well, I don't have anything to forget.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go out there and have a good time and listen, and when he tells me to do something, I'll do something with Shane enjoyed everything, but I needed to know what was coming up. I needed to be two steps ahead, so I would always like sit and listen to everything. That way, if Shane needed something and he couldn't get to it, oh I know this spot, he needs this chair, I'm gonna go on a chair. I wanted to remember as much as I could about everything because, if you know, sometimes the guys need help and I was there to help.
Speaker 3: Excellent. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: We help each other.
Speaker 3: It's very nice still to this day. Yes, uh, Bloody Kisses eight five eight three, which is at John bra one two three zero two three sixty nine Bloody Kisses.
Speaker 2: Okay it Isol.
Speaker 3: What what you consider your greatest accomplishment or achievement in your career hashtag triple threat?
Speaker 4: In my career, well, there have been a lot of good omens, but I always go back to that first night at the pay per view Barely Legal ninety seven. It stands out in my mind because it's something that I think, as a whole we never thought we would achieve.
Speaker 2: You always hear stories about ECW.
Speaker 4: We were the little engine that could, right, we were the land and misfit toys. Nobody wanted us. Paul took a bunch of guys, talented guys, nonetheless, but a bunch of guys and made us superstars.
Speaker 2: A lot of us were homegrown.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Most of the people that came in and out didn't stay very long.
Speaker 4: They already were established and they wanted greener pastures, they wanted more money. So a lot of us were younger, hungrier. And when we got on the syndicated channels, you know, Sports Channel Philadelphia and all these indicated channels. We felt like we really accomplished something. But then we're told we're going on pay per view. And that's something that within a two year span, because for me, because I started on TV in ninety five, by nineteen ninety seven, here we are doing barely legal and it was just mind blowing. And if you watch Beyond the Mad and you see Paul giving that passionate speech on the staircase, like I'm literally in tears standing there listening to them because and I can get I'm getting goosebumps, like right now, like it was yesterday. I can remember it vividly, everybody standing there and Paul telling us we all deserve this, we all deserve to be here. It was such a monumental movement for the company, and it's something that I'll never forget. I never take it for granted. I feel like today it's much easier to get on pay per view because, as you know, people consider pay per view like I don't know, like if you're streaming on online or like it. I think it meant more Back in the day, it was more of an achievement. I feel like everybody's on pay per view, yeah, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And now that there's not even just traditional pay per view, it's the blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Like stream like stream networks, and it's it's an easier market to get one. Yeah, but I feel like we had to like claw and scratch to get our position, and it was just something that we were all so proud of and we all look back fondly on. So for me, like, I think my favorite besides the table spot because that elevated me to another level.
Speaker 2: But I think barely Legal.
Speaker 4: Even though Shane and Anthony's match wasn't what they wanted, it was still such a monumental night for the company as a whole. And I'll never ever forget the vibe in that locker room, and we were all the static to be there.
Speaker 3: You were on, you were off, then you guys were losing it completely. Then you got the deal and it was like then you were getting what affiliate were it's going to pick you up. It was such I could can't imagine what you guys were feeling because you didn't know what tomorrow was going to bring because you were either too off for TV or you weren't.
Speaker 4: And I don't think we knew any better back then either, it was kind of like, oh, something's cool is happening, Ogrea, Oh we didn't get that. Well that's okay because we didn't have it anyway. Oh but this is happening. Okay, great, we're going to get this new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my boss has to go out in the ring and tell people to write letters to cable companies to say, hey, we want our wrestling show to go on pay per view. It's like, can you imagine that now?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah. I feel like the biggest letdown was the TNN deal, you know, because like we everybody's like, oh TNN National TV.
Speaker 2: That was our demise.
Speaker 4: But by then we were all small hard enough to know this isn't going to work, you know, when barely legal hate. I feel like we were just like we had stars in our eyes and we were like, okay, we're on pay per view. Now, things are just going to fall into place, and we're just going to keep going up and up and up the ladder. And then when you get to the top of that ladder and you get pushed off, what do you do? So unfortunately, you know, that was the beginning of the end for us. But you know, no one can ever take away barely legal.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is a good question. I like this one. Corey Hummel at Corey Michael hum is the name. What has been best rewarding about the podcast? Eyes up Here to you?
Speaker 4: Oh, working with you, Chad, that's the worst monumental thing I could have ever accomplished this.
Speaker 3: I would answer the same thing, working with yourself.
Speaker 4: That's right, Okay. I feel like you know, in the beginning, I did not want to do this, and you remember our initial conversation. I was like, I don't want to do this because everybody does a wrestling podcast, and what's going to make me stand out or make me different? But I'm glad that we did it, and you know, four years have gone by and I have picked up new fans who weren't prevy to ECW through this outlet, you know what I mean. And so it's like, you never know who's listening, and a younger generation has found me through podcasting. So I think that's one of the the better things that has happened from this is we've gotten new fans and they listen to the podcast and they go over and they watch our YouTube videos. They go and they watch old ECW stuff. They want to come see us at a show or a convention. It generates, you know, a whole new I don't know, a whole new demographic. I suppose because you're getting twenty year olds that come up to the table now and I could be your mother.
Speaker 2: They don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it creates content that, just like your wrestling career, people can go back and enjoy for years and years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like when we talk about things from the past, or we do watch alongs or whatever, and they're seeing it through my eyes for the first time, you know, not living it when it happened. I think that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like when I go back and I listen to like some Beatles albums that I didn't know existed back then. You know, I wasn't around when the Beatles were hot, but I can enjoy them now. So it's the same thing. So it just gives me another platform to, I guess, sell my brand to and.
Speaker 2: I don't know, put myself out there.
Speaker 4: And I just appreciate everybody giving us a chance and listening to the show. Well, and it's fun. It's it's it's fun to do this. I nothing's better than when you're at a convention and somebody comes up to you and they say, I love your podcast. It's so fun. You know, I love listening to you when I'm in the car driving, or I love watching your YouTube channel or whatever they say. It just makes you think to yourself, Man, it's worth it. It's worth all the hard work that you put into, you know, doing this kind of thing. So I appreciate everyone, and I'm so glad that you're listening.
Speaker 2: Makes me happy.
Speaker 3: Second that yeah, absolutely all right? How about this one? James two one nine wants to know if you could change any booking decisions yours or anyone else's, what would it be.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would change the TNN deal. Does that count as.
Speaker 4: A fucking that's?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, consistencies you have been that is one thing. And all the years we've been doing this show that you have vehemently panned as the TNN deal.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, I would change. I would change the TNN deal. I wouldn't have taken that. I would have held off for something better. And also I would have, if I had to say, I would have changed the fake EC dub and made it more authentic to the original ACW and not had the nonsense that went on. I mean, just let's call Spaeta spade here. It was not ECW. It didn't reflect ECW. You might have seen some familiar faces, but you can't polish your turd and make it look like a diamond, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So just you know, there could have been a happy marriage between their vision and the original. There could have been there the original with the spin that they needed to put. The biggest mistake that I think they made, outside of the zombie being in the first segment of the riage of the first new reboot, was that they didn't go to the arena for the first show. That was a huge, huge mistake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went for a house show, right, and I worked that house show, but we didn't. Yeah, we didn't film there for television. So I don't know. I think that was a missed opportunity. I think it could have been done so much more, just authentic to the original brand. And I you know, my pitch that I got to get me to sign my contract, None of it happened. Not one thing that I was told happened, So you know, I felt like a little betrayed. But again, it was my last big run. Made a little bit of money, made some good friends from it, and life goes on. If you don't take a chance, you don't know what's going to happen. So you always have to take that chance.
Speaker 3: Abba take a chance, Take a chance, a chance, Take a chance on me, right.
Speaker 2: Because you don't know.
Speaker 4: It could have been wonderful. It wasn't, but it could have been.
Speaker 3: The bodies hit the floor. Please, Okay, a couple more here. How about at TJ. Frasier six three one seven. What would be the perfect quote happily ever after for you? Professionally or personally or excuse me, professionally and personally.
Speaker 2: Well, personally, I have it. I have my two children, I have my husband.
Speaker 4: I am happily married, and motherhood is all I ever wanted. So that's my happily ever after.
Speaker 2: Professionally, I feel like.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've done everything that I set out to do in this business. I'm not the type who wants to make a comeback. I don't want to be on TV anymore. I don't want that final run. I am perfectly okay with the conventions that I do, the indie shots that I take. I work when I want and if I don't want to work. I stay home and I have a great home life. I'm with my kids, I'm with my husband. I can't ask for anything better. I make my own schedule, I have a great podcast. I have a YouTube channel that.
Speaker 2: We work on.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get to do a lot of things from home, which is great because then I don't have to leave my kids, you know what I mean. Like, I feel like everything has aligned for me and especially all with us being on iHeart. I feel like things are finally starting to take place and go in the right direction for my brand. And I'm happy with my life the way it is. So my happily ever after has happened, and now I'm just enjoying the ride.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else I can ask for.
Speaker 4: What more do I need?
Speaker 3: You got it that way, Just ride the wave.
Speaker 2: Like health.
Speaker 4: Health is the thing I pray for for myself and for my family and friends. I pray for health because you could have all the money in the world, but if you're not healthy, that money doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: Well, we have a question about that, and that is at Magnum Rules. How are you feeling. I'm not trying to make it on the show or anything, which you did. I listen, and you mentioned taking a lot of tests and your stomach being scared internally. Think them at scard or maybe I read it wrong. Oh and by the way, women are strong with the men hands down. I could never would never fathom giving birth. Yeah, that takes that's our argument from a few weeks back.
Speaker 2: No man would ever fathom giving birth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I you know, I still have a lot of tests to go before the end of the year. Got to take care of these kidney stones. We have to take care of my gi problem. I have X rays coming up, an ultrasound coming up, my colonoscopy, my endoscopy, like all these things are coming up. So if you are one who prays or sends good vibes, just send them to me, because hopefully everything will be good and then I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore. But you know, the pain in my stomach, no one knows where it comes from, and that's annoying. So I'm kind of hoping they find something to fix it because if they don't find anything, like why am I in pain all the time?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, fingers crossed praying.
Speaker 4: I went to church a couple of days ago, and I was like, please, God, just let me find what's wrong with my stomach so I can just live a normal life. And I love food, man, I love food. I love eating food, I love smelling food. I love looking at food. Like I'm a foodie. And when you're a foodie and you can't eat food, that's.
Speaker 2: Like the worst thing in the world, you know.
Speaker 4: Like the pizza that we ate at your house killed me. It killed me when I went to that, and I was up all night because my stomach hurt.
Speaker 2: My stomach should not hurt from eating food. So but thank you for the question, and just send me send me good thoughts.
Speaker 3: We'll get to taken care of thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one like when one share one prayer.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, how about at real Paully Ryder, which is your favorite care bear?
Speaker 2: Care bear?
Speaker 3: Care bear stare? Come on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You got friendship bear? You got uh grumpy bear, you got h love bear, lion heartbear.
Speaker 2: There's a I know what they are.
Speaker 4: But I don't know their names. I know they have stuff when their bellies, right.
Speaker 3: They got now, don't get them confused with lucky Charles. But they got rainbows, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know is there one that's grumpy?
Speaker 3: He's angry? I mean, yeah, I guess grumpy would be.
Speaker 4: Because I'll hug him and make him feel better.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: They're cute, but I don't I don't differentiate which ones which.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, uh at Amy, Serenity. What's your favorite romantic movie?
Speaker 4: Oh, my god, of Romeo and Juliet from nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh my god, I have watched.
Speaker 4: I have watched that movie one hundred times, and I've cried one hundred times.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Yes? I had to watch it in school. Oh, I want to say, like seventh or eighth grade. But it was also around the time that the remake came out in ninety five ninety six. Yeah, what, Oh my god, what a snoozefest.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't like it. I didn't love the remake of it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love the remakes up to the original.
Speaker 4: As soon as the narrator starts talking, I just start crying because I know the acting was beautiful for a fifteen year old and a seventeen year old to act that brilliantly blew my mind. They're babies, and they're they're portraying this love story like they've been acting for forty years, like it.
Speaker 2: Was brilliantly done.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful play and I could watch it one hundred more times.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, last one I'm gonna take from Twitter before I get to the mystery one. It's another short one at Dana nick g ninety three. Favorite color green? Really green? Interesting?
Speaker 4: You know that I love green, so.
Speaker 3: You let me change the background of green.
Speaker 2: You can't do green on the green screen?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I can't wear or I can't wear green on a green screen because I'll disappear completely. Ah.
Speaker 3: I was not aware of that, all right. So this question was submitted by the Chadster in Virginia.
Speaker 2: He's a loser. What a schmuck at Schmuck one, two, three, four five.
Speaker 3: The schmuck of the Week, brought to you by the chad Ster. Okay, I have a question regarding a photo that I'm going to bring up.
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh no, I need.
Speaker 3: I need to know the origin of said photo.
Speaker 2: I'm scared.
Speaker 3: Okay, please let me know the story behind this photo. Okay, So for those listening on iHeartRadio, I just brought up a photo of I'm gonna think this is is this big show? Yeah, Paul White? Paul White, Oh, I don't radling Francine and you know, like he's gonna toss her across the room or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is this might be w C.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Is this the Giant Paul?
Speaker 4: And I think it was the Yeah. So I did a convention somewhere. I was in E C W still so this is the nineties, and they sent me to do a convention and I remember I'm sitting at the table and this guy walks up to me and he says, Paul White wants to meet you. And I go what and he goes, yeah, Paul White wants to meet you. And I go okay, and he goes, well, you need to come.
Speaker 2: In this room.
Speaker 3: And I'm like what.
Speaker 4: So I had I think I had a line or something. I was like, well, let me finish signing, and when I take a break, you know, if you want to come back and walk me over there. And so this guy comes back and he takes me into this room and there's Paul standing there and a million photographers come running into the room and Paul just comes right over, picks me up, and everybody starts taking pictures. It was the most one of the most awkward moments ever. And I was just like, well, nice to meet you, and I think we shook hands. I don't even remember having a conversation with him. And then I like I went back to my table and that was that. It was very bizarre, very weird. I don't even know how it came to be, but I was summoned into this room by Paul White.
Speaker 3: There you go. So there you go. There's my question on the oric.
Speaker 2: I was in there for like five minutes.
Speaker 3: What a random what I saw that. I was like, I've had that in my photo role for like a month. I've been saving it, and when I saw this show pop up, I said, well, now I got the perfect time.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Every once in a while somebody will post that on my Twitter. I'm like, here it is again, it's either Paul or Luger, one or the other.
Speaker 3: That is. So that's so random. So WCW the Giant meets e CW's what a crossover meeting of the two companies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but back then I was summoned into the room. It was like, you need to take her into this room, and I was like, and then what it was like?
Speaker 2: Weird?
Speaker 4: As soon as I walked into the room, it was like a press conference and all these cameras ran and I was like, I don't know what's happening now, and he just scooped me up and it was the most awkward thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, Okay, see you later. Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 3: Would would you like me to retweet your tweet and let the folks know who we answered the questions of that their questions have been answered so they can listen back.
Speaker 2: Well, no, because I want everybody to listen.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'll retweet your tweets, say listen to see whose questions were answered. Even though I liked all the tweets that I answered the question, I asked the question, they're not gonna maybe they won't look that far into they won't. Yeah, but now great questions and we have a ton that we can go back to. We'll do this again. I love these. I absolutely love these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fun, they're fun.
Speaker 3: Well, they make my life easier for YouTube.
Speaker 4: Thank you for everyone who submitted a question, and we'll we'll do it again, but we still have some that we didn't get to, so we'll finish this off and then we'll do a second round.
Speaker 2: It was fun nice, Yeah, all right, Well where can people find you?
Speaker 4: Chat? Oh? You know? Okay?
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? And then I want to plug my.
Speaker 3: Sure yep, yep. Find me on Twitter at Chad e and b on Instagram at ib Exclusives. You can catch me over here every week here on Eyes up Here, as well as on the Queen of Extremes YouTube. But she'll give all that information here very very shortly, and we will catch you next time when I'm back on Eyes up here very soon next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, And on December second, I want to plug Blizzard Brawl. It'll be myself, Shane Douglas and Fonsie Bill Alfonso will be there signing autographs.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a great show.
Speaker 4: I'm being taken there by Scott Hewlett, So Scott, thank you for booking us and looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: All the info is on my Twitter for it.
Speaker 4: So if you're in the Wisconsin area, I think it's close to Milwaukee. I'm not sure how close, but come on and see us. It's gonna be a good time if you haven't. Oh there's the poster. Yeah, it's wauk a Shaw walk shawten. Yes, so the show starts at seven, but they'll be a meet and greet during the day and Shane and I and Phonsie will be on that meet and greet. So we would love for you to come and say hey, and you know, looking forward to seeing everybody there. There's that handsome Bill Alfonso Oho I love so much. If you have not subscribed to our YouTube channel, please do so. Go to the search bar type in ECW Diva Francine with an exclamation point. We're close to nine thousand subscribers. We want to get to ten, so let's subscribe. It's free. Tell your friends. If you see me tweet about it, please rt and help us spread the word. And if you want to follow me on social media, you can find me at ECW Diva Francceine. Hope everybody has a great day and remember to make someone smile. Take carest