Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club cow This is Mick Shots screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Efferson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: And it is time for the most fabulous football Friday of the year. It's time for Mick Shots. Inside the year ago, I was wondering what was happenings.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do you, Bill, Bill gotta wait, you gotta wait, You gotta wait a time.
Speaker 2: Come on, Producer Supreme, Producer Supreme, Do you have any more fight songs in there? Any more fight songs?
Speaker 4: Go on?
Speaker 2: Fabulous Fight Song Friday edition of Mixed.
Speaker 3: Somebody out there hates us right now?
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, all right, Longhorn in the studio here and wow, I love this day. Every It's great, yep. And what a great football weekend it is. Got kick started last night with a shocking result in the Thursday night game. I looked at my iPad, was shocking, really and a half time Chicago was watching it. I wasn't watching.
Speaker 3: I watched it.
Speaker 5: I watched it justin fields, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Justin fields, not justin fields.
Speaker 6: J DJ More and let's go.
Speaker 2: Someone's got DJ mores.
Speaker 5: I have justin fields and there.
Speaker 3: You go, There you go, there you go.
Speaker 6: Only thirty seven.
Speaker 3: She is pretty I think fifty five from DJ Moore.
Speaker 7: After losing fourteen consecutive games.
Speaker 3: I did not realize that it's been bad long.
Speaker 8: Somebody above was looking over them.
Speaker 2: And then somebody is also going to be looking over the Cowboys on Sunday night because they're playing an opponent who's won fourteen in a row regular season. Right, Yes, they have all I have an idea. I don't picking on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: I love it. We gotta wait the entire day. We have to wait the entire day, watch all that football after the long then all of a sudden, you're tired. You pick it up again. You got to pick up the energy again for this game.
Speaker 6: You realize the Bears did it for Dick Buckers.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's something, isn't That's something? It had to be, right, it had to be. I mean, what are the odds, especially the bad day that day on the road, riverboat.
Speaker 2: Thursday game on the road, because usually the advantage is to the home team, and.
Speaker 3: They had a short week and they had to travel. That's a pretty impressive win.
Speaker 7: Well, I had halftime. I was sitting there going, okay, they did this.
Speaker 6: On Selday and got bright and.
Speaker 8: Then Washington goes down and scores.
Speaker 3: Oh you because we were already counting us as a win. Everyone was counting as a win. When's the last time they won? Wow? This is amazing.
Speaker 8: At halftime, So did you did you play against Dick Buckets?
Speaker 3: You are such a mass That's all I gotta say. That's all I gotta say. That's all that would answer your question.
Speaker 2: We played against buck Is in our in our kids edition of Fantasy Football back in the day off the front yard. The other team had Dick buck Is at middle linebacker.
Speaker 3: He might have been me and me and meyl Renfrow. Yeah, we were back there together.
Speaker 7: The first NFL game I ever went to Bears at home at Wrigley Field against the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: Wait, Wriggly Field the baseball teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, what you talking?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 7: The Bears squeezed in one hundred yards on that field, by the way, squeezed And we were sitting in behind the goalpost at one end of the field behind the end zone and they were warming up and Bucks comes walking out and I must have been I don't know, thirteen fourteen maybe, so he was a rookie in sixty five, so this had to be sixty six, sixty seven somewhere in there.
Speaker 6: And I thought he was.
Speaker 7: The biggest human being I ever see, because he had them big middle linebacker shoulder bad side and I'm going, holy Kyle, look at that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: Uh, that was my first impression.
Speaker 3: He wasn't just big. He could move. Yeah, he could move. That was scary watching him come around. Could you imagine being a running back? No, and you know he's gonna shoot that hole. He's going to meet you in the hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, larger than life figure.
Speaker 8: Think about that.
Speaker 7: The Bears that for that sixty five draft they get Dick Buckers and then Gail Sayers in the first round.
Speaker 2: How many playoff games win? None?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 2: I mean they're playing none.
Speaker 3: What is happening? Why is that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: I asked me who the quarterback was.
Speaker 3: I guess backs were important back then as well.
Speaker 6: I think that was the problem.
Speaker 2: Right when was Jack and Cannon there?
Speaker 6: It would have been after that.
Speaker 9: After Yeah, all right, that's far back as I go with my Chicago Bobby Douglas can't of course, Bobby doug Yeah, Lefty, we can go through a lot.
Speaker 3: Of left He ran the ball all the time. I didn't know what left because he ran.
Speaker 6: A lot of quarterbacks. They went through until they won a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was our trip down.
Speaker 6: Yes, about that memory, Lane, I think deserved that.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did, definitely, definitely, And you want to tease the text line out there, and people want to chime in absolutely one seven two nine oh three two nine eight if you got a question as we are two days away from kickoff in Santa Clara, California, or a comment that you'd like to make about the game, and you know, it looks like it's just judging by the practice report yesterday that the Cowboys could have should have a health.
Speaker 5: Where's a piece of wood?
Speaker 2: Only you're holding out.
Speaker 7: I already got chewed out by a guy that I think when he heard his talk about the starting five being ready for the Arizona game, I got the feeling that he might have put a bet on that game.
Speaker 6: Because he let me know, how could you.
Speaker 8: Miss three guys?
Speaker 2: Well? What was the That's what I saw that's what I said this morning.
Speaker 6: This morning looked good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks promising.
Speaker 7: But you heard what Dak said right when they asked him about it. He goes, I don't think I'm answering that because the last time I said yes, things didn't go So they.
Speaker 5: Don't want to jinx it either.
Speaker 10: But yesterday after the show, me and Mickey we were out there scoping it out and it was nice seeing them all together.
Speaker 5: So positive signs.
Speaker 3: So you saw in.
Speaker 2: Pad it's the important practice of the week and on the written on the practice report it said full right.
Speaker 7: It's Iron Smith full, It says, I.
Speaker 3: Went away.
Speaker 2: This technology, Yeah, where's your legal pad?
Speaker 3: It works better than his phone.
Speaker 7: Even Zach Martin full tumadoga full just in case they have to get six in there. So I went back and Michael Parsons limited but full.
Speaker 2: Okay, he ain't missing.
Speaker 3: You don't even ask.
Speaker 6: I went back and look this game.
Speaker 7: The last time they had their uh starting starting five that we considered their starting five would have been the twenty twenty one season playoff game against the San Francisco forty nine ers, because all last season Tyron Smith missed until t Terrence Steele tore his acl and then he came on.
Speaker 6: But then there was no Terrence Steele.
Speaker 7: And if you think about it, during the offseason, Terrence Steele was out, Zack Martin was out, and really early in training camp there was no Zach Martin and then Tyler Smith got hurt. So really, this week kind of the first full practice in eons that the top five offensive linemen have practiced together.
Speaker 3: That says a lot about what we've been going through for what two.
Speaker 7: Years and sort of somewhat surviving by the way with twelve wins, because we saw what's been happening to teams with backup offensive lineman in there when it's multiple backup offensive linemen. So yeah, this is to me open up the playbook.
Speaker 6: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: We have a question already about about some of this. So Rusty from Omaha wants to know what is the likelihood of Tyrone Smith, Zach Martin being effective against the forty nine ers, top tier D line and Bosa.
Speaker 8: Well, if they're listed is fully practicing.
Speaker 7: Then they should be ready to go. I think Zach for sure. Tyron hasn't played in a couple of weeks, but a little bit of Tyron to me is.
Speaker 8: Better than anybody else you met out.
Speaker 3: I agree with that one.
Speaker 8: Whoever is is one hundred percent health.
Speaker 2: Right, especially because they're also keeping in mind the big picture of the season. They're not going to put Tyron out there if he's not ready to go, risking a further injury that's going to put him out for multiple weeks. They're going to make sure he's going as important as we all are going to make this game out. It's still week five.
Speaker 3: And we're still it's still just a measuring point. That's all this So it's not just for the team, but also for timing. See where he's at. Who's he going up against?
Speaker 6: Well, well, the right side.
Speaker 7: Let's see if they list right and left on their deal, so he's on the left side, so it'd be the right defensive end by the name of Nick Bosa.
Speaker 5: H how about that.
Speaker 3: Both sides.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll kind of move him around.
Speaker 3: Fine, So if it's not If it's not Bosa, then it's.
Speaker 2: Who was a first round pick of Vegas, fourth pick in the draft four years ago and didn't do much in Vegas and he's actually starting here in San Francisco. But Drake Jackson is another guy who was their second round pick last year. Who's edge guy? You don't want to mention Carrie Hyder Well, Kerry Hider too, that's right in Texas. Iterator out of Austin, Texas and spent a little got a cup of coffee here with the Cowboys. He's had a nice he's put together a nice career.
Speaker 7: And I would imagine, you know, with their linebackers, they'll be shooting those guys green.
Speaker 6: Law for sure.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it'd be nice to have everybody back there. And now it's it's sort of like, you know, it's talent is one thing, but the communication is another too.
Speaker 8: Right, those guys play next to each other.
Speaker 7: And you know they kind of know what each other's doing and communicating.
Speaker 8: I mean, think about it, that Arizona game.
Speaker 7: They had two guys on the practice squad starting their first NFL games, you know, and I think that limits what you can do offensively. So the fact that that game was twenty one sixteen before they gave up but sixty nine yard completion to set up the winning touch or the clinching touchdown, you know, kind of bodes well to what they almost pulled down.
Speaker 3: And you know, an any quarterback is human, you know, when you know that you've got some guys out there that are not quite up to sniff you know what I mean. As a quarterback, you gotta have one out here and one out here while you're trying to keep yourself on your wide receivers. That's a tough thing to do. You know that their mistakes are probably going to be made on certain plays, and you're going to try account for that yourself as an individual. But it's hard to do that when you've got three You've got three linemen out and you got to depend on them to do what they have to do while you can keep your timing down the field.
Speaker 7: It's a tough deal, Absolutely tough deal, especially when two of them are coming right at.
Speaker 3: You, right at you. Right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So anyway, this kind of gives you a little bit more, you know, feel good about potential of this offense.
Speaker 2: What would you say is the X factor for the Cowboys in this game?
Speaker 3: That's a good question, William, such a good question.
Speaker 6: You want to either a little bit either side of the ball.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think well not, I'll be giving away my my I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to give hesitated because I didn't want to.
Speaker 7: Well, then your X factor is not Michael Parsons, because you can't.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 2: Your X factor is Michael Parson.
Speaker 3: That's not an X factor, that's that's a through Z factor.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow, Michael Parsons, he's got to have a big game. And you know what, And this got lost I think in the shuffle of talking about everything McCaffrey's doing this year, brock Purty, But in the playoff game last year that the Cowboys lost nineteen to twelve, by the way, that was holding the forty nine ers to their fewest points in like the last ten games or so, and so certainly the few fewest points than and actually and the fewest points in their first two playoff games, I mean count those into until they ran out of quarterbacks in the NFC title game. McCaffrey had ten carries in that playoff game for thirty five yards, six catches for twenty two yards, so he had ten sixteen touches for fifty seven yards.
Speaker 8: They shut him down.
Speaker 7: Now, I don't know if he was coming off an injury back then memory he wasn't quite healthy, right, yeah, but they did a number on him and held San Francisco to nineteen points.
Speaker 8: So if the offense had just done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say. The problem was that they held us to our lowest output as well. Yeah, twelve Yeah, And it wasn't just you could look at numbers and you could just put it out there, but a couple of those carries and catches they moved the chains and some very crucial points of the ball game.
Speaker 6: Here's my note.
Speaker 7: So the Cowboys were one of two teams holding San Francisco to fewer than thirty points in the last ten games three three the final three games of twenty twenty two, three playoff games, and four already this season, so they've been scoring.
Speaker 2: The other thing in that game, Elijah Mitchell had fourteen carries for fifty one yards, so.
Speaker 3: He was that's the one we couldn't hold. Fourteen for fifteen kept the change moving. I know, those chains kept moving. Maybe it wasn't McCaffrey, but I still under four yards of carry, but important yards.
Speaker 8: And if I remember right, they only scored one touchdown.
Speaker 3: Well, when you look at only putting out twelve points yourself, every yard is.
Speaker 7: Crucial, absolutely, and you got to you got to score and again, and you know I'm not big on well who did they play, because you can only play who they tell you to play. But with Washington's loss last night, the four teams they've played now have a combined record of six and eleven and the best records.
Speaker 6: Two and two.
Speaker 7: So they haven't played anybody with a winning record.
Speaker 3: Yet, just like us. Yeah, this matchup is raizor thin in the difference razor thin. I'm loving it, especially now that we have all our linemen back. This is really going to be a good a good game. It will be important, but it won't be the end of the season. I was telling Spags or someone, we still have to play the Charges afterwards on Monday night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in La, you know.
Speaker 3: And so this season keeps on going.
Speaker 7: And I thought Jerry kept it in perspective this morning. He said, this is a tremendous game for us to see how we stack up, and that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it, right, So and then the next game we'll see how well we bounce back. Yeah, and how well we play on the road, you know, two games in a row, and so there's always a measuring stick that we have this early in the season.
Speaker 7: Speaking of the road, they've been pretty dominant at home. Last year they went eight and one at home, and then two playoff games they won, and then this year they're two and oh at home, So ten and one including are actually twelve and one including the playoffs and the start of since the start of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, Mickey, how have the Cowboys been at home?
Speaker 8: They've won ten straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're on a ten game win streak right now.
Speaker 2: Confirmation right there, So they're in a nutshell? Is how important Sunday Night is, right if you're looking ahead to the possibilities in the playoffs. Further implication, if you can have home field advantage in the playoffs, it can help you out immensely.
Speaker 3: It can. Yeah, but it's not. It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not the determining factor.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, to go somewhere that feeling is amazing. When you do that, you feel a lot better about having home field. Event.
Speaker 2: My favorite game I've ever watched, I think my favorite Cowboy game I ever watched was in San Francisco NFC Championship game season A thirty to twenty wins.
Speaker 8: So the Cowboys won that on the road.
Speaker 7: The previous one they lost on the road, and the next one after that to them, they lost on the road. Ninety four and then twenty twenty two season.
Speaker 2: Right, But if you go all the way back to the seventy to the seventy.
Speaker 3: We got I knew that.
Speaker 11: There was a Rogers Starbach came off the bench in the final two minutes of the game and threw two touchdown passes, and Tony Fritz had a behind the back on side kick that was recovered by the Cowboys behind the cave, behind the cast.
Speaker 3: You can't go behind the back on the kit. It was behind it.
Speaker 8: Although I think behind the heel, behind the heel, the whole.
Speaker 7: Field advantaged at the Candlestick was a little different than Levi's stadium.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no doubt that crappy.
Speaker 2: It might have been Keyzars Stadium back then.
Speaker 6: It probably was it.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 6: I think so Keysar was.
Speaker 3: I think in seventy one.
Speaker 2: I think I think the old NFL film's footage whose AstroTurf that Larry Cole was rolling around that? Yeah, all right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: That was no turfing.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The fresh guy who looks white, it's not there. He escaped, flapped, He'll look full punch down.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 4: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna run this sh in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 12: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the two America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberun Company of Texas.
Speaker 10: Shots k Post Roofing and water Proofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. You guys, we have a fun little note from our friend Nathaniel and San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Ah Is he there right now?
Speaker 2: I think he's the's cousin.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think the more the more intelligent. Cousin.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can see the picture now he's got glasses readers on, looking at his computer.
Speaker 10: Exactly well, he says, the great thing about this game is the coaches don't have to over coach.
Speaker 2: Can you do it in Nathaniel in San Francisco's accent?
Speaker 3: He has an accent? How do you know he has an accent? I can just picture. It's not a phone call text.
Speaker 5: Come on, let's call it.
Speaker 3: What was it again?
Speaker 2: What was the questioning?
Speaker 5: It wasn't a question, that was a little statement.
Speaker 10: The great thing about this game is the coaches don't have to overca.
Speaker 6: They really don't very true, just roll the ball out.
Speaker 3: Well, this is still one of those games. They still don't want to show everything. You know, if you're a coach that you come out you know, both bells blazing, you come out.
Speaker 2: With everything, the statue of liberty for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying. Do you come out with with another special teams play?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't know. To me, I'm going to see if we can beat them just with what we have. I'm not going to try and get too cute and because you know, QTE can come later. We don't need cute right now. It doesn't show, it doesn't prove, we needn we need to sell. We can just with that's braun.
Speaker 6: That's it ice icebag game.
Speaker 7: And by the way, we need to After Everson and I did our Star Sports to her appearance, this guy came up to me from New Hampshire and and he said that he listens to us religiously because this is one of their breaks at work and they sit around whatever, they pull it up on and listen to mix shots.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, wow, all the way to New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. If you have an X factor in this game, hit us up on X.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was great, very nice.
Speaker 5: Way to go.
Speaker 3: He didn't sound comfortable saying it, but that was good. That was good.
Speaker 6: It was a little skeptic.
Speaker 2: It was X factor. Is Tony Pollard? Okay, which Tony Pollard? What did he do in the playoff game in January? He got hurt.
Speaker 8: He got hurt before the significant interception.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: And I think it was six carries that he had in that game.
Speaker 6: I think you're right.
Speaker 2: The previous January at at and T Stadium. If it was fore carries in that game. So I think if Tony Pollard can be the Tony Pollard we know he can be and stay healthy and they can use him like they want to use him, that he could be the X factor in this game.
Speaker 7: I think that's a.
Speaker 2: He can be. He can be the Cowboys Christian McCaffrey, because they're talking about not just running can be.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not a no doubt that in my mind that he could be.
Speaker 2: I think that that is what he can.
Speaker 7: Be here because they need to give them something else to worry about.
Speaker 3: My ex factor would be time and Smith. I think the more comfortable Dak feels back there. I think he has a lot to do with that. That's your blindside. Whenever we're doing well, we have time to pass the ball. And whenever we have time to pass the ball, he feels comfortable that he doesn't have to worry about his backside. And I think time and being there not only just for a past protection, but we like to attack the corners. We'd like to attack the outside and I run the game. I think that would be a nice change for us to go that way.
Speaker 6: Because they need to pop one. They do with power and that really.
Speaker 2: Kind of like what San Francisco, they popped one on a scramble drill and got the ball to Kittle on that long play. That was a huge play in that game, in the playoff game, and in a game where you're it's tight going back and forth, to have a fifty yard play, you can flip the field and get momentum on your site and be a huge factor in the game, no doubt.
Speaker 7: So Pollard's long run is thirty one yards and the reception is nineteen, So they need to pop a fifty yard around them, By god.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think they're going to be going for a big place. I think we're going to continue grinding.
Speaker 7: Well, you can grind and have a number one.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, keep those third downs going.
Speaker 8: Forty eight point nine percent conversions the.
Speaker 2: Third down, which brings us to another X factor. And by the way, the definition of an X factor a variable in a given situation that could have the most significant impact on the outcome. So, like I said, Cowboys number one and third down percentage on offense, what are they in the red zone? Thirtieth thirtieth? So it's the other thing Like the Niners last year, they had the long pass to Kittle. When they did get into the red zone, they got the penalty that helped them have factored in. That was an X factor, so we were able to get the ball in the end zone officials, So some success success in the red zone.
Speaker 10: Mine's going to be Deron Bland because I know they're going to run the ball with McCaffrey a lot.
Speaker 5: However, brock perty.
Speaker 10: He's going to make some of those throws to the wide receivers and you got to have Deron Bland some guys out there looking out for a potential pick.
Speaker 3: And having said that, Auk has been balling exactly we're worried about. Devo. Ayuk has been balling. I think he has some career right now. He's having this career.
Speaker 5: High and career high against Arizona.
Speaker 10: He has the fifth ranks fifth in the league in explosive plays, leads the league in yards yards per route run, and he has zero drops so far this season.
Speaker 7: Well, he had a forty two yard catch, so that helped his eighteen point eight.
Speaker 6: Yard average per catch.
Speaker 7: It's only got seventeen catches in four games, but they got.
Speaker 6: To watch for that big play.
Speaker 7: It's the big place right, because McCaffrey's actually their leading receiver with eighteen. I'm sticking with the lionbacker. The lionbacker, that's a new position on the count.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Where's the lionbacker going two?
Speaker 6: And that's the other part. Get him all over the place.
Speaker 3: Would you want to match him up.
Speaker 8: Against keep the linebacker after the Christian?
Speaker 3: Would you want to? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Would you catch that.
Speaker 2: He talking about being headed this.
Speaker 3: Catholics Catholic.
Speaker 6: I can get away with it.
Speaker 2: So you want to line him up wherever, wherever it's convenient.
Speaker 7: Whatever, wherever you think you you've got a weakness if that's up the middle.
Speaker 2: Do you think they have a weakness at left tackle? Yes, I do, Trent Williams.
Speaker 7: Especially if they make them stay on the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sure coaches have come up to the referees and brought this point up.
Speaker 8: I don't think it's helped.
Speaker 7: I watched two of their games, and he is never more than I mean closer than three.
Speaker 3: You go back to last year, it's the same thing, going back to a game.
Speaker 7: What that little toe dig is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, please, Chris, jeez, he's still on the road. Well maybe maybe not, And.
Speaker 8: I think the defensive guys recognize that too.
Speaker 6: They see that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What does that tip them off to that it's going to be a pass or a run or what?
Speaker 6: What do you think the snap's coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, should help, that's their silent count, I guess.
Speaker 7: But it shouldn't be. It should be a false start to me. I mean, if you're lined up and all you do is do this with your elbow, throw the flag.
Speaker 3: So then if if if he causes has he caused a defender to jump off side and they call it against the defense? That part, because it seems like you should just go ahead and test the referee, push it, you know what I mean? When he does that, you take off hey, hey, roughly be moved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't even have to go all the way across the line of scrimmage where you would be in the neutral zone. You can just when you see that tow dig, just go, you know, fake like you're going back. And then it looks like to.
Speaker 3: The ones, I don't think anyone has done that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to chart toe digs.
Speaker 8: It's going to be the next GM staff.
Speaker 2: All right, We continue with our picks to click and our predictions when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. US honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker. Miller Lte and the Cup, the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they Schnapper, the preushcout who looks white it's not there. He escaped slapt he'll look full persown.
Speaker 4: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 7: Prescott's gonna rub thish in show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new toy or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing.
Speaker 12: Pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool pepsi.
Speaker 5: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: To mixed shots.
Speaker 10: Mark your calendars and get your letter hosen in Stein's Ready.
Speaker 5: Frisco.
Speaker 10: Octoberfest officially returns for their fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at The Star in Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired events, licious food and drink, and plenty of great live entertainment. Visit the Star district dot com slash events for more info.
Speaker 3: Danish, I love Danish.
Speaker 7: That'd be part of that is is the Stein in the letter Hosen different?
Speaker 5: I know the letter Hosen is the outfit.
Speaker 4: I looked it up.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's like the the little skirt thing.
Speaker 10: It's it's actually like a little short set that you It's like an overall type of yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like what Emmett wore when was drafted. Poke not polka dots.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good work. That's all right.
Speaker 2: Final ten minutes tier of this week as we preview Cowboys Niners. One little note, I'm off the top said, this is my favorite Friday of the year, obviously because it's the day before the Texas OU game, and I have to call it tech is OU because Texas won last year. You know, going back in the storied history of that rivalry, Everson has a fond memory of the Texas Longhorns. Don't you ever since? Do you have a family member who you played for the Longhorns.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't play for him. He just loves him. He went to school there. He graduated from Utre. Your baby brother.
Speaker 2: I mentioned hrky Walls the other day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my cousin. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Herky Walls in the.
Speaker 3: Texas Longhorns eleven touchdowns in nineteen eighty Hell of a player. One of the fastest men in the world. That's right. That's why I don't have anything. You don't all at all.
Speaker 2: You don't how many yards a catch herky Walls had as a collegiate at the University of Texas twenty twenty five. In his career, he averaged twenty five yards of reception and in one season it was twenty eight year in ten touchdowns. It wasn't just on ten receptions or No.
Speaker 3: No, he had he had I remember he had Sun Bowl. He had a kickoff return or punt return.
Speaker 2: First team All Southwest Conference back in the day.
Speaker 3: No, he was a man. He would he would have made the Olympics. But you had three guys passed him up in the last ten yards of the two hundred meters.
Speaker 2: Well, in the it would have been the Southwest Conference meet the sixty meters. He beat Curtis Dickie and Carl Lewis.
Speaker 3: Man he couldn't hold on for the two hundred.
Speaker 6: Many people have been Lewis. Yeah, that's right, without stare, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: By the way, in Turkey, in the Arena Football Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: In Orlando, that's right where he where he resides to this day. He's a pastor and he has a son, I believe the name is Terrence, and Terrence was doing some good stuff.
Speaker 2: As all right, all right, so there's thank.
Speaker 3: You for that, William. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: But that just for you, okay, I'm kind of my long warning friends.
Speaker 7: And by the way, before we start our clip picks to click, everybody's made such oh the people in San Francisco, San Jose, just this whole thing with Trey Lance. I can't believe how many stories have been written about.
Speaker 6: That with ha ha ha.
Speaker 7: They act like Trey Lance knew what was going on. They're picking his brain.
Speaker 8: And it's like, okay, enough is enough.
Speaker 7: My question is have the forty nine ers picked Anthony Brown's brain because he is on the fifty three man roster as a backup right cornerback. I'm sure they have, but I didn't see anybody write about it.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not as juicy as juicy.
Speaker 2: How did it help the Patriots last week to pick wil Grier's Yeah, brain, that.
Speaker 6: Turned out real well down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, it's picked a click time and picks for the game. Who wants to go first?
Speaker 3: No pod? Ever?
Speaker 2: Since oh we do have a pod pick, Let's do the pod pick first?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: The pod pick is who has the most receptions in this game? Either Cowboys or Niners, either team. You can pick a player from either team who has the most receptions? What individual?
Speaker 6: What if it's my pick to click?
Speaker 2: Also, you don't have to reveal that you can just I can't. You don't have to, Okay, but if it's well, who wants to go first?
Speaker 3: On that? I will? Okay, go McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: You got McCaffrey as your pod.
Speaker 3: Most receptions?
Speaker 7: Okay, mmm mmmm Savannah, that's the easiest.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go. I'm going to go see Lamb.
Speaker 2: Okay, ce d Lamb? All right, very good.
Speaker 6: I am going to go.
Speaker 2: Brandon Cooks you'll go Brandon Cooks. Can I can? I say McCaffrey too, Yeah, okay, I got Christiane McCaffrey. Okay, that took care of the pot. P okay, and now you're picked to click your personal pick to click and pick to win the game.
Speaker 3: I will go first.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, you want to reveal you won last week?
Speaker 3: Right? Yes? I did win last week and it was easy win. You guys thought there was gonna be a close game for once. I believed in the Cowboys and they played the way I believed. So I got throwed you the seventeen What was the pop pick last week?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but seventeen kind of cancelsty.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't a touchdown?
Speaker 5: Yeah, first rushing rushing touchdown.
Speaker 3: I got that.
Speaker 2: It was Hunter Lipkey.
Speaker 3: Oh damn.
Speaker 5: He no, I didn't write that down. I didn't write that down.
Speaker 2: If y'all don't remember, then.
Speaker 5: Oh you said Zeke or Tony Pollard?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm sure I picked Hunter Lipkey?
Speaker 3: But no, okay, okay, So I'm gonna go with this. Uh, it's gonna be a tough game. I think the Cowboys are going to do what they have to do. They're going to play it straight, just the way they've been doing it the first four games this season, got the Cowboys twenty four to twenty one. And it's a tough one. But I'm going with if it's okay, I'm going with Tony Pollocks my pick to click.
Speaker 2: Yay, all right, you got to go first. It was your X factor. Oh we had the same X factor there, so no, did I well? I mean you you said earlier on the show that you didn't want to reveal your.
Speaker 3: X factor pick I did? I did?
Speaker 7: Okay, I did twenty four to twenty one to say I trust Savannah keeping notes not he's on tomorrow, Savannah.
Speaker 2: You want to go next?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 10: My click to pick. Well, first, let's start with the score. I think this is going to be a close game. I think it's going to be a close game. I'm going to go twenty eight to twenty seven, damn.
Speaker 6: And who's winning Cowboys?
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, I think Brandon Aubrey might just do it for us in.
Speaker 5: The very end. Okay, we're going to see.
Speaker 10: I will go with my click to pick to Marcus Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Good one, good good ones, good one.
Speaker 10: In the media presser yesterday with players, he said this is personal, and he had the energy right there.
Speaker 5: So I think he's he believed.
Speaker 3: He played well. He played well in the playoff.
Speaker 7: Games, especially when they asked him about the forty nine ers don't turn the ball over very much and you guys get a lot of takeaways, and they asked him what he thought about it.
Speaker 6: He goes, just go get it.
Speaker 5: He's ready, he's ready, ready.
Speaker 3: To say no more. Law, d law law.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm doubling down on my pod. Pick Brandon Cooks and my score is Cowboys twenty six San Francisco twenty four.
Speaker 2: Twenty six, twenty four. Is that four field goals for Brandon Aubrey or are we doing something crazy?
Speaker 3: One field goal?
Speaker 6: Safe safety?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, Well, the way the way I are a red zone is point. It could be for field goals as long as we win. I don't care the way our red zone is going.
Speaker 7: As long as you hold them to twenty four, which would be the first time they've held under.
Speaker 8: Thirty this year.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, they've you got thirty or more points in all four games they.
Speaker 7: Played, thirty, thirty, thirty and thirty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got a question before I make my pick. To win, but we got to help you out. Well, my score is the same, guys, My score is the same as someone who has already predicted the score. That's all right, that's okay, all right. Well on this Texas Oh You weekend. I harken back to one of the greatest individual performances in the history of that storied rivalry.
Speaker 3: He hearkened, I.
Speaker 7: Go back and going back to Joe Washington or something to a Dallas Cowboy receiver by the name of C.
Speaker 2: D Lamb. If you look it up on YouTube, you want to see the definition of yards after catch yack yards. Go watch ce d Lamb against the Longlarns, whatever year that was, and he is going to be so motivated by what he sees on Saturday at the Cotton Bowl that CD Lamb is the pick to click against the forty nine ers on Sunday night, and he will soar high above Diamadore Lenore in the back of the end zone to make the game winning catch, the game winning cat.
Speaker 7: This is going to be the catch, the new catch, the new catch, the CD cat.
Speaker 3: Not nearly a significant in the game.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight twenty seven store As, that infamous game in nineteen eighty one, a game in which the great Everson Walls had two interceptions and no one, no one talks, and no one talks about there. It is an iconic moment in the Cowboys Niners Rivalry, authored by Ceedee Lamb on Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 3: That was a beautiful story that was that the hockening was a wonder.
Speaker 5: I wonder why hockey no one?
Speaker 7: No one calls it the catch for Elvin Harper, by the way, Yeah well you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he went like eighty odds or something didn't.
Speaker 2: All right, here's your word for the day.
Speaker 8: Ever seventeen, Yes, your word for the.
Speaker 2: Day is herkened back mentioned mention or remember something from the past, harkened back to. We just harkened back to nineteen eighty one, and that you never wanted.
Speaker 3: You didn't read that on the computer. You read that from your webster's actual dictionary with pages. That's how old. This is how old that word is. I got to come up we had actually read it from a webster's.
Speaker 2: There's origin Insipedia. No, here's the origin of harken back Old English press related to you. I'm Old English.
Speaker 7: So I have to come up with a header for mixed shots. Should I use harkening?
Speaker 3: Please do please?
Speaker 2: Markets marking back?
Speaker 7: All right, you just saved me like three minutes the thing, all right?
Speaker 2: Does it? For another week of podcasting? You're on mix shots for Everson, for Savannah, for Mick. This this is the Old Englishman's signing.
Speaker 3: Up, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.