Speaker 1: Of Course Love.
Speaker 2: Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora.
Speaker 1: What Up, Put Up, It's unpaid Bill check out.
Speaker 3: Comedian Michelle Wolf that Shoul joined the team Supreme to review the best and worst cultural moments, media and music of twenty eighteen. Originally released to December twenty sixth, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: S Suprio Suprima Sun Supremo Roll Suprima Sun Sun Suprimo, Ro Suprima Sun Suprema.
Speaker 2: Graves apples, cherries, plums, Yeah, mango's so sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah for my favorite fruit of all. Yeah, it's impeached, so so Suprivo rd got the word up Brima Supremo.
Speaker 5: Be talking, Yeah, quest Love be drumming yeah, like he'll be blacking yeah. And Michelle be running Supremo Ro Subriva Supremo roll.
Speaker 1: Call My Name is Sugar Yeah, and I can't lie.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The album of the Year Yeah was on j M I I love it. I love that, sup.
Speaker 3: Suprema Bill Yeah, back in the game. Yeah, Hey like yeah, yeah, what's you're pulling?
Speaker 1: Her name?
Speaker 7: Supreme here roll called boss bilbil spent Yeah twenty nineteen Yeah, better be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, brav so so supre bo roll came agree.
Speaker 1: What's your name? So suprevo roll it's my yeah.
Speaker 6: Gripes yeah twenty eighteen. Yeah, these pipes were clean.
Speaker 1: Hey, boo va, I don't know.
Speaker 8: Roll show Michelle. Yeah, I didn't know we had to do this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 8: Interrupted a black woman.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's a year for that.
Speaker 1: Roll so brave.
Speaker 3: This is the greatest roma ever bra roll So brava, so bravo, roll call, subramo.
Speaker 10: Soun.
Speaker 3: Roll go, and I haven't had it lock to drink it clearpipe at pornhub dot com bam yo.
Speaker 5: I found the Russian episode was the greatest ro call ever, but this just topping made him come twice in the search ball.
Speaker 1: You gotta be on the QLs group chat. Oh MyD can we brief? We got can we can we just brief? Okay, I'll give you give it okay, So it comes into the group chat. What time was it? This was like five in the morning. This is early. This is super early. Yeah, and I think it was early even like for l a time. I don't think you were in LA.
Speaker 5: I think yeah, you was an East coast So this is likening preface with this.
Speaker 3: The QS group chat consists of like message like you wake up in the morning and it'll say like one hundred and seven text messages and you're like, must have been my mom and you open it up it's like one hundred and six and the and then like your girlfriend is one, but like one hundred and six. The were like like a mere rants about some little know nothing records from like one hundred years ago, and it's like excessing about it for like two hours, and you can look at the time and you're like keeps fucking going and you're just like, well bloop and that, thank you, welcome, I love you.
Speaker 1: Fast forward. So this morning, on this fate for morning, we wake up and like he is like, what happened before? Yeah, I've heard it.
Speaker 5: So Jill Scott had the video, all know, if you're where Jill Scott had released the video of her relating.
Speaker 1: SM fifty seven michaelhone, so you know what I mean, maybe it was a fifty eight because it was the one with the big head.
Speaker 5: Was so anyway, so Jill had put out the video or whatever. So like he comes in, it's like six in the fucking morning. She just comes in the chat. Oh god, so I logged into my porn hub this morning and I see that Jill is trending.
Speaker 1: So immediately we have questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like, listen, the lead you're burying is that one you fucking log in?
Speaker 1: Number of?
Speaker 5: It was all these like, it was all these like so then it was the trending topics and so it was like the trending topics were shipped like.
Speaker 1: The one, the most notable one made him come twice? What the fuck? So then that just led to more questions.
Speaker 5: So then it became, Okay, are these the porn hub trending topics or are these your specialized trigger topics based on.
Speaker 9: Your I'm very soft porn on poor Hub.
Speaker 6: I do movie sex scenes, and I do a couple of like group orgies, and that's it.
Speaker 9: I'm the lady parties.
Speaker 6: The lady parties when they like to have sex with like random men, like the damsers will be there and the ladies, the housewives are coming there and they'll just pull.
Speaker 9: No a wedding, doesn't it know.
Speaker 6: These are just housewives that throw these parties and you don't know about them. And sometimes they happen in foreign countries where you can just walk around and have sex with men that are naked, and they the men walk around you.
Speaker 1: Have no I'm just listening. I mean it's in formula.
Speaker 9: Am I the only one that gets lost in the rabbit hole?
Speaker 1: Michelle?
Speaker 6: You don't do poor not like that.
Speaker 1: So it was a great day. Wait, sorry, I got it.
Speaker 6: Finish women have are where they have sex with random men that are paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if any of our spouses or girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Are usually white women, I should say that though, I mean we figured well played going out with the girls? Could these really.
Speaker 9: Like they suck it, they fuck it, they do everything to these men?
Speaker 1: But is it?
Speaker 5: But I mean, but that's it is girls trip. But it's film though it's not. I mean it's not no.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's somebody's walking around with a camera while it's happening.
Speaker 9: It ain't playing that they filmed.
Speaker 6: It's just like amateur getting These are regular people having sex parties.
Speaker 11: In twenty nineteen is going to be the bottom topics.
Speaker 1: I don't I use it.
Speaker 9: You don't have to log into porn to use all of the things.
Speaker 3: I know everyone everyone knows that's the point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you you made up, you made up morning. Is that I was in the back of an uber going somewhere.
Speaker 5: You know, he thought I was probably going I was coming from now.
Speaker 1: I wasn't coming from Senate.
Speaker 5: I was going to got damn La Guardia, which is the poor authority with wings.
Speaker 1: I was doing. I had a live Nation thing I was doing, so I was.
Speaker 5: I had an early flight, so I was flying. So yeah, that was I was in the back of the ober. I know he probably thought I was on all the drugs because I was laughing.
Speaker 9: Like I loved going up.
Speaker 6: I like to wake up in the morning and start my day off right, especially with the Diane Lane Unfaithful and sorry.
Speaker 1: What you talking about the hall scene Dyan Lane from I Do Love.
Speaker 3: Faithful when she goes to the hall scene in the morning before coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a.
Speaker 5: Minute, because I thought you meant because she's killed well, even though the last season of.
Speaker 1: House of Cards, is.
Speaker 2: It Dan Lane is kind of killing it, she has se no but this is very Did you see them, Yeah at first where you didn't know what was about to happen. But I think because we live in such a portal society, we just.
Speaker 1: Did you see the scene? I didn't see I haven't watched There's okay.
Speaker 2: So the episode one of this last House of Cards season kind of has a face off between Diane Lane, who's there right.
Speaker 1: A childhood rival, you know, and.
Speaker 2: The way that the scene is set up it's almost like out of Poorn one on one, like where the pizza man comes over to you know. No, it's not that, but it's like, you know, can you still do it?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: I can do it?
Speaker 2: And you know, after what we've seen in the past five seasons on this show, you're like, you're ready for anything. So they're like almost about to spread eagle in the middle of the floor and then.
Speaker 1: You realize that they were ballet rivals.
Speaker 8: Back in but they saw their deep curtsy and you're like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, it was the weirdest. It was the weirdest anti climactic setup forever. I was like, Yo, are they about to get busy right now?
Speaker 9: Like, so, can I just ask as y'all finished?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 9: It is in comparison to when it was with him.
Speaker 8: It's my problem with it is that he Okay, So they got Kevin Spacey out, but they spent the entire season talking about his character. I was like, just have a minute. If you're gonna do that, just have a minute. Either kill him off and then don't mention him. But the whole season.
Speaker 5: Was about talking about him. Yeah, I didn't watch. I think I tapped out after the season four. I think for me, like House of Cards just became like once Trump got elected, we were living.
Speaker 1: House of Cards, so it was just like there was no shock value.
Speaker 9: Frank was way better than Trump, though.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, but I'm saying it was well.
Speaker 9: Not in real life though, because he abuse.
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, wait, by the way, ladies and Michelle, hold up, we'll I mean this minds will.
Speaker 1: This minds will be my thing. I never properly introduced the casts at the top of the show.
Speaker 9: Do you usually have a nice formal interest?
Speaker 2: This is yeah, this this is our uh day after Christmas show, So this is sort of the post Christmas year, end of twenty eighteen show. And because of your role in one of the biggest stories of twenty eighteen, I thought.
Speaker 8: Get them what I do.
Speaker 5: You told the truth they couldn't handle. You might as well come and join us. So yeah, thank you, Michell, great to be here, and and Sneakerhead like you're your sneaker game is rather enviable.
Speaker 8: It's weird because they don't make the kind I like anymore, so I have to get everything on eBay.
Speaker 2: But every time I see you, you have like some new kicks, like you're you're not a generic shoe wear, but you're not like let me show these off to make other people jealous sneakers. But I could tell, like, yeah, are you how many pairs deal?
Speaker 8: I'm not crazy. I mean, I'm not crazy. I was like probably like fifty or sixty.
Speaker 1: It's not that's a lot that sneaker, especially in a New Yorker party.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I have them like I have like a like an entry hallway and they're just like on hooks, Like I have had these hooks that like they're on and it's just like a hallway.
Speaker 1: Did you wear sneakers to the White House Cores Finance?
Speaker 8: I didn't. I wore heels. I actually wore heels that night.
Speaker 9: How long did you heels.
Speaker 8: The whole night? I wore them the whole night?
Speaker 5: I uh, you know it was actually come to think of it, because you, well I know you because you're were thirty rockers. Yeah, you were on the Seth Meyers Show first time I saw you, you were in character, but I thought that was your real outfit Annie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw you from Afar. I didn't realize that you were doing Annie, but I was just like.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's yeah, I was I used to do growing up Annie. And I wore this like really short Annie costume. She was a Things didn't turn out too good for her. Yeah, but I had my hair picked out, like my real hair, and they just had it picked out into a real big froh And uh, I used to just walk around thirty rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Interesting person with the afro walking.
Speaker 8: Like six inch patent leather. Mary Jane's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, so your computer away?
Speaker 1: How uh? How how do we feel about this year? Does it? Does it even matter anymore?
Speaker 5: It just went so fast, Like for me, I wasn't a bad year. I mean, twenty team was cool, but it was just it ship went super fast.
Speaker 1: Well for you, uh you know you're you're ye one year anniversary? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was my one year anniversary I got. Yeah, it was one year in November. Me and my wife a year.
Speaker 1: Things are still good?
Speaker 5: Yeah he left me yet okay, yeah, yeah, you know should still be there. No, no, we having fun. I did a record no News, Good News that came out in March. Yes, and like that allowed me to further make improvements on my house.
Speaker 2: So we did the master You spent about nine episodes finished in your bathroom.
Speaker 5: Man, We had we had the master bath. We did a guess bath. I went tankless on the water heater. That was amazing, So we go tankless. So generally your old school water heaters is like a fully gotten water heater, white the water and the big white jont and like it is a limited amount of hot water. So that's why, like you were like, damn, don't use up at a hot water whoever's in the shower, because it's you know, it's heating water. So now if you go tankless, it heats it kind of on demand. So if you want to take a four hour shower, you can take it because it's you essentially never run out of hot water. It doesn't heat the water all the time. It only heats it when you need it. So it's a little it's a lot more in it. The efficient man house throwing green man, going green and spinding green so.
Speaker 1: And having Thanksgiving with whole foods. Yes, nig what bro listen, So what it was?
Speaker 5: We had Thanksgiving like Thanksgiving Thanksgiving at my uncle's house and that was like typical Black Thanksgiving. We cooked everything, like you know, it was just everything Friday turkey.
Speaker 1: Typical Black Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Game, typical black game. We have games, we have games. We sold this what deer? Okay, no, no, man, I'm not. We had no venison. We had fried turkey, and you have like him, and like all your.
Speaker 6: Sides, the women are preparing all the meals and men sit there all day. That's the one thing that you should know about the black having.
Speaker 1: A man prepared everything.
Speaker 9: A chef.
Speaker 1: Uh Schumer is married to Chris Fisher.
Speaker 9: Who is named Okay he's not black, is he?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: But means we explaining what Black Thanksgiving was to Bill.
Speaker 5: I mean, if it's black people there, okay, listen, white.
Speaker 1: People are potatoes.
Speaker 9: They have mashed potatoes and like what they have.
Speaker 1: Then Christ Fisher is a world class chef. Like my brother is a.
Speaker 8: Chef too, and he cooked Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Way, who's a chef?
Speaker 8: My brother?
Speaker 9: Get out?
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah he cooked Thanksgiving. He's souvie the turkey he likes. Yeah, I mean not the whole bird. You have to cut it up. And is that the butterfly?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're talking about? Yeah, he is when you cook it in water?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you cook in the water bath.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So that's different than Brian I got this year. All the time you do you do with the steaks?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Can y'all tell me why is that better?
Speaker 8: It's like in like a bag and it sits in a water bath, and the water bath is like a more consistent temperature, so you cook it for longer and slower and it keeps like all the juices in.
Speaker 5: You can heat it exactly to the temperature and needs after Sam.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like since it's in the water, it's like it stays that temperature. It doesn't get hotter or cold or it just stays at exact temperature.
Speaker 6: Okay, so can you still smoking it fry afterwards or yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can see it. It just became one.
Speaker 9: I think that people know this. I'm gonna tell you right now that don't.
Speaker 1: All right black. I'll tell everybody about Black. That's my ship, slover.
Speaker 5: I won't play the whole thing good black things given. No, Okay, we have food and from us, what's game? So we play games? So normally the game that we play is understand like games game.
Speaker 1: Like tac toe no no, no no, no categories. We actually have categories. We didn't play categories this year.
Speaker 5: This year we did Pictionary risk, which we all sucked that okay that she was all dictionary sucker, I'll never gonna play it again. But we But the game where we kind of go it gets really is uh, it's taboo. Taboo is when it's like, you know, it's crazy. And I learned a lot about Okay, I learned so taboo. You're only as good at taboo as your audience is. So like, there was one thing like it was what was it? The word was parachute. That was what you had to get him to say. But you couldn't say jump fly pool like you couldn't play none of that ship. And I was like, yo, I know a simple way to get this that to say this.
Speaker 1: But none of y'all are going to know it. And my wife was like, dude, Cold Place, first album, White People, that was it. I was like, Cold Place, first album and she was like, we don't know what the fuck that is.
Speaker 6: Giving monopoly that is so fitty racist.
Speaker 1: I cooked the turkey.
Speaker 3: I didn't see a turkey, because that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Turkey. How you do yours?
Speaker 3: I put in the fucking oven.
Speaker 6: You didn't put that in it, like some apple, some vegetables, the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing, like I based it. And I wanted to fry in the backyard. But my girlfriend said, I b the house down.
Speaker 1: She's still here, still two thousand and eighteen, still have a girlfriend. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, we wen we come.
Speaker 1: I did not make man, what happened? I didn't make it. Let's let's get really play some slow jams. What happened? I was gonna talk about this.
Speaker 9: He didn't say he was gonna do it on the show.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 2: We didn't make it. Look I'm not being super diplomatic. I'm just saying, yes.
Speaker 1: We will listening, we will. You're right, but all her family did you? So what happened? What? What? What? What was word?
Speaker 7: Apart speaking? Amir answered this phone one too many times. I bet, oh.
Speaker 1: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: I will say that my number one rule for love was always that.
Speaker 1: I always felt that love was a blinding emotion.
Speaker 2: And that the true glue that holds the relationship together is patience.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I.
Speaker 2: Still love her with all my heart till the day I die, but I realized that I do not have the patience that I think I thought I had for what Brandy won.
Speaker 1: Seven. I'm trying. I wouldn't even joke. She will be thirty this year, thank you. She will be thirty.
Speaker 2: She ain't hit thirty, Yeah, but twenty seven feels like that could be twenty four.
Speaker 5: Found when y'all, y'all first started when I was younger than twenty eight or something. We all started, so okay, so she'll be thirty, So you realize you didn't have the patience to it to date and to date her to date series.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I start mansplaining, then it's it's just tone deaf for me to do it. No, I'm not making good radio, good TV. I'm just saying that for my for my personal and uh, I have very short patience when it comes to because again, a relationship, a real relationship, is a compromise, and sometimes it's hard to humble yourself and compromise things, especially when you're in a position in which you're usually on top of the pyramid.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was for you, It was hard for you to do.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was hard for you, so you didn't want to give up eating cookies in the bed.
Speaker 1: I remember, I got admit the first the night we broke up. All right, ladies and gentlemen, one.
Speaker 9: Of her rules told you about this.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I know, Like, what the hell am I doing here?
Speaker 8: You said, time of the pyramid. I was like, she's a cheerleader, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The first thing I did was I ate like all week in bed, like and like disrespect oh my, after Thanksgiving leftovers forget about it, like wings all over the bed.
Speaker 1: It didn't. It didn't work, man, And this.
Speaker 2: Time that's why. And this no, literally literally I don't want to make a joke of this. Uh, there's there's a certain type of therapy I'm gonna be doing, okay, so that I will never have to go because the thing is like, if you find yourself kind of like repeating steps and going into the same situation.
Speaker 1: Over and over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Again, that probably speaks more of me than it does abs what happened.
Speaker 1: It was with you. It wasn't even about her, It was you know, what was it in you? I personally just didn't have the patience to really just deal with my life as is and a relationship.
Speaker 8: And I feel the same way when I'm with my nephews. I'm like, they keep wanting to play, and I'm like, I'm done with this gig.
Speaker 1: I still stand.
Speaker 2: I still say that, like if you show me, if you show me a brilliant businessman or a successful person at their career, I will show you a mediocre partner or maybe a bad partner.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think that you can be You always talk about these.
Speaker 2: Father of the Year or or made of the century and also devoted to you.
Speaker 1: I don't think that it's not that black and one. It's not that mutually exclusive. I disagree with you.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: I agree, But you don't have to have children.
Speaker 8: No, and that's why I can't have Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I can't have kids, so what the fuck? Yeah? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: But it depends But you but you, Okay, I know you're making that comparison, but you do acknowledge that there's a slight bit of difference in what you do for a living and what I'm attempting to do for a living, Like are.
Speaker 1: You do you have fourteen jobs?
Speaker 2: Do you have a food line coming out the cutlery popcorn line.
Speaker 1: Are you acting in movies and live it? Are you? Yeah? Like, I mean you probably have half much. You probably have four or five jobs. I'm not saying that you.
Speaker 5: Honestly like real, that's I think that's I think I can make the case that that's a chicken versus egg argument for you.
Speaker 8: Well, but I would also say that, like I'm like, I'm I'm home. I came home today, I'm home for a day, and then I leave tomorrow, and then I'm home for six hours and then I leave again. For like you know, like it's not a lifestyle that's conducive necessarily to a relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I think that's because, like I would say, more so for the kids, think like if you had if you had been like I was and was risking it all early, like you know, had you had kids like young, it's like you kind of have.
Speaker 1: To make that change, you know what I'm saying. Versus if you don't have kids, then you're free.
Speaker 5: Say you have a nariety of say Takashi sixty nine or nariety not the no no notariety.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were about to talk about this motherfucker who we just listened to, would just listen to let's do it sa.
Speaker 2: If if it were that level of stress and responsibility in your life okay, and the trimmings.
Speaker 5: And the stuff that comes with that life hose Yeah, I know. Yeah, just talk about it, nigga.
Speaker 10: H how.
Speaker 5: How easy if an obstacle course, would it be? No, it was, It's gonna be hard. But the thing about it is like I think what you said was key. It really just depends on the person. So it's like, you know, when I went through like my first divorce, it was just like, yo, I shouldn't say first.
Speaker 1: Because that the second one is coming. I was when I was one of the things that people always ask was it the music industry that did it? Was it that? And I'm just like, dude, it wasn't that. I was still gonna be me.
Speaker 5: I was gonna be me if I was back in groceries at the fucking hairs Tea, I was still gonna do that the same way that I do my music.
Speaker 1: I'm still go.
Speaker 5: If you came, if you if you walked into hairs Teeter and you saw my line is acier store, it's a grocery store. I think I forgot. I'm not in the soph nomore New York. But yeah, but no, it's like the same way that you do something one thing is the way you're gonna do everything.
Speaker 9: I don't think you store bag boys got.
Speaker 1: No, no, no what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: No, you're missing what I'm saying. I said, the way that you do something is the way that you're gonna do everything. So the way I approach my music, the same way I want to make that ship flavorful and dope and exquisite.
Speaker 1: I'm a bad grocery is the same fucking way.
Speaker 9: So hell y many women watching you standing there watching, But.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I'm gonna have you coming to the Harris t Lot. You're gonna come to my fucking line.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see me walking, You're gonna buy your rotistic chicken, and you're gonna come.
Speaker 1: To my.
Speaker 8: To get an invite to that house party again.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yes, I.
Speaker 5: Failed at love again for twenty eighteen. Man, we're gonna we're gonna keep hope alive.
Speaker 1: We are. This one's gonna stick.
Speaker 6: I have to work and really want it though, that's not bullshit. You have to love is not a side work.
Speaker 1: To do on ourselves, not a side job. Yeah, that's what I've been saying. So anyway, I'm with you and keep dating younger women and have no girl. That's how I work. Why who's been dating seventy years now? Steve is one of my closest pals.
Speaker 2: I would never throw him under the bus on I would think, I just am I is she an avid listener of the show?
Speaker 1: Probably who? No, are you are? You're just the status of the speaking what I mean? I just said what I you guys, I'm back together? I oh, y'all broke up? He never? They always do like every Yeah, this is like a quarterly thing they do. Yeah, sure, quarterly. I think that's the generally. I think they're more like ten times a year.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but just being a me and later been in we have a fifteen year about so and so you know what you're dealing with. How is she now that she just turned thirty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but by the first long age half the age seventh plus seven.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what I tell you what I don't work for a female.
Speaker 1: You didn't never hear that? No, I's rules. I don't know. It's his rule.
Speaker 8: Mentioned start dating older women like every woman you date like that. However, fifteen years younger, when that.
Speaker 1: Old Millie Jackson plays, I will not name her.
Speaker 9: You ain't bring her ouse out.
Speaker 8: Every time I see like a couple of like an older man a young girl, I'm like, I'm like, I'm sure they have so much to talk about. This relationship is based in true love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honey, happened a bank account looking nice go nothing to do with you. It doesn't example like you never.
Speaker 5: Validates whatever relationship I have unless she knows that the relationship that's happened.
Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 9: But you know because I know, because I know you.
Speaker 1: I know that I know what you do. They I don't know. You don't know. You don't She doesn't know. She doesn't. He don't know. You don't know all of them. You don't. Oh no, I just know the one out the house. Yeah, you're right, you don't know. I feel like we've had this conversation before. It's physical. Stay tuned. Is the Gabrielle Union episode. He did kind of get loud. Yeah, let's take the subjects of the movies. Yeah, anyway, so well, can I just yes, wrap up? Please? Don't half your age plus seven?
Speaker 11: You know even with even with fifteen year age difference, which is a generation gap, and that is real. Generation gap is real. But we do things to talk about. There is real love, and you know there's hope for all you guys dating younger women who have no patience.
Speaker 1: Keep Steve.
Speaker 6: You do know that she has not reached her sexual peak. As you go down in yours right, she doesn't mean that way.
Speaker 1: A really interesting choice of words. Still, she ain't yet. She's thirty four.
Speaker 9: Happened.
Speaker 1: No, I don't care about her sexual peak.
Speaker 9: I know you don't.
Speaker 1: This is what this is what happened with Joe Buttons and I love it. Who oh, we really represent loving relationship advice.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm really playing the ship. Dude.
Speaker 6: They're saying ladies don't date too old because you know, after a certain age you got to get some pills for that.
Speaker 1: It just got a real after everything you say all the time, I got it, I got a home, and it be on the pills. The only as I'm on is advil. Talk to him, Sugar Steed, talk your ship again.
Speaker 9: Her peak.
Speaker 1: I'm standing up in it.
Speaker 9: When the child, get you.
Speaker 1: Out, where's my team? Shout out? Wait, I'm even drinking like, no, you little bit. Listen, listen, we can take control of Can I get you a cover of the situation. Let's take control of the situation. Listen. Twenty eighteen, twenty eighteen, it was a very weird year.
Speaker 5: Better than twenty sixteen, though, yes, that's what is it. It's still a shitty year. I wasn't mad at twenty eighteen. It was I was just went by so fat, but I wasn't mad at it. I wasn't mad at this year. I mean, I think we thought, I think the hope was that we thought Trump would be out the paint by now, but clearly he will not be moved, so we just kind of gotta deal with it.
Speaker 6: But yo, Michelle, you fucked up the next the next press drawn like more.
Speaker 2: Before we get to that part to what was your I mean, when you were asked to uh to do the White House Correspondent's dinner, you know, usually there's the sitting president at the event and whatnot. So I mean did you feel as though, like, well, okay, he's not here, so here goes whatever, or like, I mean, what was your preparation for it?
Speaker 8: I didn't really think about him being there or not like I knew he wasn't, so I wasn't like I don't know, I didn't. It didn't really. It never was like, oh, he might be here, might not. I just always assumed he wasn't. But I was like, I know everyone I watched a bunch i'd seen when everyone had done, and everyone kept saying how bad the room was and being like, try to do like a lot of inside baseball stuff to make them laugh. And I was like there and I was like, now if the room is bad, I'm not going to perform for the room. I'm not doing this for the room. I'm doing this for the people watching, Like, fuck the room. We allowed to swear on this.
Speaker 3: I have a question, what was your initial reaction when you first they were like, we want you to do this. What was your initial reaction?
Speaker 8: My first reaction was like I was like, do I want to do that? And then I texted a couple of people and they were like do it, and I was like all right.
Speaker 10: Those people.
Speaker 8: Neil was one of those.
Speaker 1: Neil was the you know, the comedy's father.
Speaker 8: Although Neil wanted me to go way more down the middle than I did. Neil wanted me to He was like He was like, I think these jokes are harsh, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, good, those jokes were, yeah, some of them. Some of them.
Speaker 8: He is getting real soft, but yeah, no, I I knew what I was going in to do, like I remember right before. So we did like a sound check and the woman that was running the Correspondence Association at the time was like, so, what gown are you wearing? And I was like, oh, I'm wearing a suit, and she was like, I'm wearing pants too, you know, like my little like stiket to the man. And I was like, Oh, they have no idea what I'm about. You've been wearing pants, was her sticket to the Man.
Speaker 1: I was all right, that's protest. So do you actually rehearse it in front of them first?
Speaker 8: No, they had no idea, they had not seen anything. If they asked me to give them something, I was going to give them something fake, you know, like.
Speaker 1: I, Oh, so you had to to be rehearsal ones just for them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I didn't. I didn't make it. I would have like typed it up and been like, this is it.
Speaker 2: Like when the comedians come on the Tonight Show, they have to perform their comedy act of an empty ass room of like it's like four people, like the camera guys and the production like the director.
Speaker 9: Do they ever change it?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, they don't change it, but it's just awkward to me because they still do. Hey, I learned like doing and there's like no one there.
Speaker 10: You just here, like.
Speaker 8: To be fair, the only people that like, anytime I do stuff on TV, it's like I'm always looking to make sure, like are the camera guys and the crew laughing because those are like the real people there. And You're like if I'm making those guys laugh, that's like a real then you're in.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So did you have any reservations last minute whatever? Like anybody that you were Well, I guess Sarah Sanders was the closest person to you, but no.
Speaker 8: I was like, I don't know. I like I did the thing I normally do. I went for a run the morning before and then I I got ready and then there's like a little cocktail reception with just like some of the some of the people before the dinner, and Sarah Sanders was there and they go they were like they introduced us and she was like nice to meet you, Like I'm sure it is.
Speaker 9: And do you want to meet.
Speaker 8: Kelly Anne Conway? And I was like, oh god, no, why would I want to meet her?
Speaker 9: You don't want to meet her husband.
Speaker 1: She's married.
Speaker 8: Your husband is like an active dissenter. He like he hates Trump, yeah, and he like posts stuff.
Speaker 12: They play your current events together. I just don't follow all these white people because I'm a brast.
Speaker 1: The ship I don't follow.
Speaker 3: You should follow this white guy because he is married to that crazy looking zombie motherfucker.
Speaker 1: And he talks about how time out, time out. Obviously.
Speaker 2: Have you watched the Clinton Fair, the five part any documentary?
Speaker 3: She's actually yeah, yeah, wow, okay yo, like one of my three jobs.
Speaker 10: I did not know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I watched it five in the morning.
Speaker 2: What I didn't know is that there was like kind of the secret society of lawyers called the Elves, and they the one they're the ones that were if you remember the ken Star Report and how it was like, uh maybe five percent about perjury and ninety five percent like penthuse form letters about so what sexual position was it?
Speaker 1: And I remember a method man of red many mission on TV report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was more like, uh so basically there was a crew of lawyers called the Elves, and they were the ones that were like fishing for information like the I mean imagine the idea of like a in a trench coat in that dark alley way while someone uh you remember deep throat from Watergate like that sort of thing. And they finally revealed who was part of the Elves, and it was like Brett Kavanaugh, George on the Way, her husband, like basically everyone in like Trump's organization now back then was just like regular lawyers and they were part of the snitching unit that so I was rather shocked that.
Speaker 5: You know, he was hardcore Republican back then, but now he's like super liberal on our side.
Speaker 9: But he's not like he's a liberal.
Speaker 6: Remember, it's a lot of He's exactly, it's a lot of conservative you know, Republicans that just don't like Trump.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I see Evendo Rivera is coming out recently. Really what the doing at the border? This is crazy? Mother Carey?
Speaker 10: Hello, oh god, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So did you when when is over? What happened the hour after? How does your life change after doing that? Ship?
Speaker 8: Well, I went to this after party. It was like like my people through and so it was just like you know, like my friends, writers and like agents whatever. And I walk in and my friends and the writers that worked on it with me, we're all standing there, and they started channing lock her up. So it's this big picture. The picture that was on the New York Times is like I'm in the middle of a circle and I'm like and they're they're channing lock her up.
Speaker 9: That term has went from Hillary to you to Ivanka.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 9: The bitch was using her emails.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do white people politics. I mean Twitter, I.
Speaker 9: The thing about has done similar things to which Hillary was accused of.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what I did see that. I don't.
Speaker 8: Everyone always like some for some reason, people always like tweeted me like to I rarely go on twittery more, but they tweeted me to be like, well, I'm sure you think Ivanka should get locked up, but you didn't think Hillary should. I was like, I don't care who you lock up. You can lock up every single person if you want to. They've all done a legal things, all of them, right, I'm fine with that. I have no allegiance.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna made you a political pundit and that you didn't want to be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm just like I think people think I'm way more like I mean, I'm a liberal person, but I think people I live in the gray, like I will, I will take the funniest side, you know, like and and people are always like, oh, you must think this and this, and I'm like, I'm like, you can. You can arrest all of these people. I don't care they're all doing bad things, because I think that's the thing that got the biggest thing that got miscontrued about the Correspondence dinner. They were like, you went after the right, and I was like, I went after everybody. I went in there with a bazooka and I just took shots at everything I love.
Speaker 2: So how do you feel in the aftermath that they're now Actually I sort of feel like inviting I forget his name, he wrote, Hamilton Lynn. Oh no, yeah, yeah, inviting Ron Trenell. I almost feel like he too, will have a trick up his sleeve, so.
Speaker 8: He'll go after He'll definitely go after Trump and like the First Amendment, like defending the First Amendment and stuff. My problem with that is that he's not going to go after the media, which I think is very complicit in all of this. Like those twenty four hour news like even Fox definitely, but like MSNBC, CNN, they're all just people that they play this stuff non stop. It's like remember when like a Amrosa Gotmarrossa got fired. She like it was like three days of coverage for a thing that I don't even know what her position was other than like black lady. And so they just I mean, I don't think he's going to go after them, which I think they're a big part of the problem. They're each driving a narrative, and I think that's the reason Trump will be elected again. I think he'll be elected in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I know, I don't want it to happen.
Speaker 8: Who's going to run against them? And the media coverage is too juicy for them, It's too good. They will play, you know, like they'll play up all they'll play up all the juicy stories like that's why the email Hillary email thing that like Benghazi stuff that was always like, oh, we got to make this a big story so people tune in. They will pay. They will play whatever people will tune into, not the boring stuff that actually matters.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 6: But if he use another term term. Do you know how many people's lives will be like, it'll be so many people's lives in.
Speaker 1: Danger, even more so than they.
Speaker 6: Because I was just looking at the brown people first. Hes gonna get to y'all too, because remember.
Speaker 1: It's it's us as y'all. Are you sure, Michelle?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: So then your last? But it's it's coming around.
Speaker 1: You think you think it's coming you think, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, he doesn't care if the Jews die, He doesn't care if the black people get killed by police.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you think is gonna happen if we get another four years?
Speaker 3: I can't with the politics pornhub dot com, I don't know who.
Speaker 1: They're gonna run against him.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're trying to push your boy better, but I don't know if he don't heard that Bernie says he's gonna run.
Speaker 8: Bernie, who's done three things his political career, one of which was like a post office ordinary, he fixed that one Vermont post office.
Speaker 1: That post office was sucked up. Came to the rest.
Speaker 9: I'm not having a brain, is going to do it.
Speaker 5: He's going to run track No, I think I think I think Beto O'Rouke will probably run.
Speaker 1: He is the person who lost narrowly to Tech Cruise in Texas.
Speaker 6: So are you picking him over kamacor I'm just I'm keeping my ear to the streets because I'm the person that watches MSNBC twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just saying that, you know, if we're talking about front runners, I feel like Beta Ruke is probably.
Speaker 1: Democrats hope for now. I don't know. He's not my favorite, but I'm just saying that they couldn't help him. I don't think Beyonce really couldn't help anybody nobody but help title.
Speaker 9: But I'm just saying, you can't get text Taylor?
Speaker 1: What is unpaid bills?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What is titled? I've heard about it because we're all existing.
Speaker 7: Who's the candidate that Taylor Swift indoors and they still lost Tennessee person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why do you think Beyonce is going to swing anything? Don't nobody.
Speaker 9: It was really a bad joke, but I just mean it.
Speaker 6: If he didn't get Texas, then I just don't know if he's gonna get Middle of America.
Speaker 1: No, I mean he got Texas.
Speaker 2: I mean he lost by the skin of his teeth, which is for Texas is some major ship. It's major like other time and the time he was just got twenty percent of Texans the worst.
Speaker 8: He looks like a muppet, is like one of the most disliked people.
Speaker 5: Too, and he couldn't well, you know, I do hate his winning in twenty eighteen. Yeah, all right, so, uh can we start with music?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, movies, he's at the front runner. I watched all right, well we do movies. We could do movies, of course. I feel like the first major release of twenty eighteen. Of course, obviously that Pan.
Speaker 1: Wasp Bill you seen. You're not seeing the Black haven't seen Black Panthers? Watched The Black Thing? Do you? He's own it?
Speaker 10: Why have you not watch?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna say I, quote unquote, if you just watched The Black Panther your final I didn't reat.
Speaker 8: I didn't see a single new movie this year. So I'm just gonna chime in every once in a while with an old movie I watched for the first time this year.
Speaker 1: I think I want the movie twice in it that. You know, movies were great this year, and television this year.
Speaker 9: It was sawd boss, tell us, tell us, why so.
Speaker 1: With Black panthers with black panther avengers. Yes, I was what avenge? What else?
Speaker 8: I finally saw the First Godfather?
Speaker 1: You and I wait, did you see it on Ze Blue?
Speaker 8: No? I saw.
Speaker 1: I watched it home, but I for American Airlines.
Speaker 8: I first watched the Second Godfather because everyone said that's the best one, and you don't mean the first first one, And I was like so lost. That's yeah, I was about to say that I watched the First Godfather is the one that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of like you.
Speaker 2: I've attempted to watch The Godfather kajillions attempts before and falling asleep.
Speaker 1: That's like me with like taxi driver and mean streets, like all got.
Speaker 9: Through taxis I just really do it. I never get through.
Speaker 1: I get like that's part of the bank. But that's the Sugar Steve story that you too.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the the the perception of sugar Steve at work is that he's rather pricklish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, Travis, Travis. That was the main carg Travis Brinker. Maybe I'm saying it wrong.
Speaker 1: Got it? Am I saying it wrong? You're just being call him.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what you're talking about, but the thing is wrong.
Speaker 6: Rural.
Speaker 1: Jerry got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bro, Jordy didn't want to see oow of dogs. I'm a really big question.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 3: I saw some of it on a plane, but I took too many ex.
Speaker 9: That's true, speaking of a plane that and I don't know if that.
Speaker 1: Was the documentary. Yeah. Amazing and kind of sad because you know has never been in love.
Speaker 8: Wow, he's been in love with a pancho? Am I right? That guy is the king of wearing poncho?
Speaker 1: Have I ever told that story?
Speaker 9: And try to dress you? Please tell me yes?
Speaker 1: No? Okay?
Speaker 10: Mind? Is that bad?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: Shortly after the inauguration of Barack Obama, back when Sean Carter was the president of def Jim.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, And so I saw this photo.
Speaker 5: Yoah, Britney Spears, uh, Corny Simmons and Jay Z all right look to my defense.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 2: This person had on the the Davy Crockett coonskin hat thing and some fur thing did. Cannot just tell the story, So I texted Jay that morning.
Speaker 5: And that's what the ship all went wrong. You guys, shut the fuck up so we can hear. Basically, that's all I have to say. I texted him, I forgot what I say, like, oh, that's an interesting uh.
Speaker 1: Choice of hat wear there, man ha ha.
Speaker 5: And usually usually like with the jokes and whatever, like he and I have a good like texting banter and thing.
Speaker 1: He'll take whatever like and yeah, we always all right if you're fine.
Speaker 2: He has several last but in the texting world, the very few fortune of us that are in kind of texting, Yeah, we were fortunate to get his information.
Speaker 1: We always compare like our a's like I've seen this. I've seen this actually because when I worked at death Cham Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you tell a really good joke, he'll say a Like one time I told a really good pun about the tortoise and the hair, but I spelled hair for me and he gave me like twenty eight d's And I told everybody, told Elliott Wilson, you have that, told like our whole circle, like we have a whole chat room of like I got more a's than you, motherfucker, Like I'm jealous. So anyway, I didn't get respond back, and then I realized someone told me that's not cheezy, that's.
Speaker 10: Tally.
Speaker 9: Was our next text to him. Then did he have a you bet.
Speaker 5: Like two months later we started talking again. Wow, when I when I fucked up in his eyes like he'll just go radios sound I mean, and then like, you.
Speaker 9: Know, because it's nobody he can get you with, like who does?
Speaker 1: I thought that was no, No, he's too petty.
Speaker 5: He's not even petty, like he just he knows not talking to you has your punishment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my silence speaks.
Speaker 2: Vo Don't you know only talk to twelve people in this world and now you're not one of them. So yeah, I'm sorry. Who I didn't mean that anyway. So Andre has not found love?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, damn, you know I have a got We were talking.
Speaker 1: About about movies.
Speaker 9: We were talking about movies. Saw Airplanes and I was just saying, I saw that in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Speaking of documentaries, has anyone seen Whitney yet? I haven't seen. On the other one, I haven't seen. It's gotta see this, man, I'm scared to watch it. No, it's it's I mean, you know what's gonna happen. But I'm just.
Speaker 2: I'm just shocked at the amount of realness that they go there with, like they pulled no punches like usually with like with the with the with the Diddy Uh can't stop, Won't Stop document Yeah, and with Doctor Dre and the Gifted ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ones. But they were so I mean, that's why I'm always skeptical. Not going to get d talking about Dray barn or d Barnes. Well, no, he talked about it. He did, and he did and she talked. They got her to talk about what they weren't together, but no, but they they were real about it.
Speaker 2: But I will say that, you know, whenever a documentary is done and the subject has control of the documentary, you're you sort your arms are folded. But I'm shocked that Whitney's family just let everything out there. And yeah, you gotta see that. Are he counting amazing graces? Twenty eighteen?
Speaker 1: I am, because that's the second movie I saw this year and it was amazing. Franklin the sorry about the documentary, Damn. It's a lot of documentaries I missed just come out.
Speaker 5: For distributors as of this taping. But they did a showing at a film festival here in New York last month. Yeah, Arefa when she was alive, did everything in her power to stop it? At one point ten years ago, they were going to show it at the con Film Festival as a part of who directed Sydney Sidney, you know, it's like a celebration of him at cons And so they were going to just show it and screen it, and Aretha actually got like an injunction from a judge to stop showing it, like three minutes before they were about to to show it.
Speaker 1: Because what did you hear was the shady part about what documentaries nos Perfoman.
Speaker 5: I think because of her issues with Atlantic Records, Well, I guess she wanted a couple of million, you know.
Speaker 9: Just for she didn't get her checks. So that's why you're saying she.
Speaker 1: Wanted a check. I mean she signed off on it, she wanted more, but yeah, she wanted more.
Speaker 7: After screening, the producer made it sound like that she was just disappointed that it didn't get released when it was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should have came out in seventy two. So I'm gonna be spiteful.
Speaker 5: Because the way was she hoped that because I read that they were saying that she hoped that that was going to launch her acting career.
Speaker 1: That was like kind of one of her things.
Speaker 5: She was just being patty super Wow, because that's what she married, Like she married to Glenn at that time when she one term. Yeah, so that was kind of I think she would have been missing with Ken Cunningham at that point at the earlier in the early seventies, yeah, because yeah, that wasn't till later, but yeah, that was the play.
Speaker 1: Apparently she was the Blues Brothers two thousand her only like acting situation. No, she was in the first Blues first one. Sorry, she was in two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: This is this is what's the first style or the Quest Love Supreme group chat is like for the past seven or so minutes, you have no fucking idea what's going on.
Speaker 8: I just want to know why Aretha didn't want the movie release. And I was gonna say if it was something that like she was like, and then immediately after she died they put it out, I mean like immediately.
Speaker 7: Like one other thing I think that she might have had a problem with is from reading the David Ritz book, it seemed like that she wasn't too fond of her father's relationship with Claire Award and they're very close in the movie.
Speaker 8: Okay, I also can't have a picture and Aretha like every time, because you know, she always wanted to see her purse. I don't know if, but like every time she's doing anything, I just picture it being like like when she's like trying to get an injunction, She's like, move to the right, you're blocking my parts.
Speaker 6: I got a question for y'all in twenty eighteen? What was the most I would say turning was turning that Prince is doing in his grave moment because I've seen a.
Speaker 1: Capital episode of seventeen. Okay, wait, I were you mad at Blackish?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 10: I liked.
Speaker 1: I thought thought black was dope. I mean there was some factual errors in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought that was And I thought, I don't know if y'all saw kings or was that damn was that seventeen ship?
Speaker 1: And I think that was Kingsman's secret that I saw the first one. Okay, yeah, well they did it.
Speaker 5: The second one, Let's Go Crazy is like the first time Let's Go Crazy is just being that ship?
Speaker 1: Is that ship is dope as fun? But I think that was twenty seventeen that was lit though. You know, Okay, I like none of that. It's but check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the thing is Prince spoke on the Prince definitely spoke on the fact that when I leave, when I die, all the stuff is coming out anyway, Like so he he sort of knew that it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: And it's not like and I'm not mad at him for Verizon Wireless when he was alive, So yeah he did. Yeah, I remember that. Yeah damn yeah. And it's for me. It's like, I mean, how can I say this without sounding like a total capitalist. I'm just saying that for me. I mean, as a Prince fan, do you feel like he's good sitting in a room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's doing no good to his legacy, Like he took his ship off YouTube, and that affects me as a DJ because people always ask like, why don't you play more prints?
Speaker 5: And it's like because people just don't know Prince. Like I can go Michael Jackson all day because that shit's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: And all that stuff, but Prince is like be hard to sell, Like he's so hard to so even with the state moving the speed of molasses, like, it's just not helping me.
Speaker 1: So I'm not mad at Let's go crazy. I mean maybe if I were more similarly attached to your brows.
Speaker 5: Sentimentally, I'm just saying that.
Speaker 2: If maybe if I were more mostly attached to another song and that was using the bank commercial, then maybe I feel some sort of way.
Speaker 1: But I'm not like jealously guarded of let's go crazy.
Speaker 7: I'm not one of the crazy Prince fans on the internet that thinks that since if Prince didn't want it when he was alive, then it shouldn't happen now that he's dead, right, And they own they know what's best for the catalog, and the state doesn't know what the hell they're doing, and they just all need to shut the fuck up and.
Speaker 1: Get a job. I did not give au.
Speaker 10: Is real.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker.
Speaker 5: Guys actually have me thinking like, oh, yeah, this is I did manufacture this pin all by myself.
Speaker 1: I mean, I did give you one of the fake Johns that I bought, but you did get you did get.
Speaker 5: The one maybe I lost. I know, I paid a grip of money for his ship. So you know, did anybody see a quiet place and see this movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Scary movie with them was like my man in the married couple, your boy, it was crazy.
Speaker 8: I didn't I don't watch the scary movie.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know who's in them? It was a scary or thrilling Ecuse me, it was more thrilling. Yeah, I mean it's scary to you like Halloween like with blood and everything.
Speaker 8: Or is it anytime someone's like jumping out or like you.
Speaker 1: Know, like the Lamb. How do you feel about Songs of the Lambs?
Speaker 8: I really like. But I think it's because I watched it when I was like four for the.
Speaker 7: World, like like Nightmare and the elm Street films. I couldn't watch ninety one.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving what wait?
Speaker 8: What did I watch it? With Buffalo Bill? And then recently, Oh, Jurassic World. Jurassic World the guy who plays Buffalo Bill, and I'm like, he's just got to be buff Flow Bill and everything the guy you want, Yeah, like I want him to like in that Jurassic World. I want him to do the dance.
Speaker 1: You see, Yeahfalo Bill, which I.
Speaker 8: Feel like you can write into the Jurassic World story. I feel like you can get that in there.
Speaker 1: Bind you.
Speaker 6: That movie is like twenty five years old. He's been in it like he's been around.
Speaker 9: Oh he was in Monk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but envery time you hear his voice, and you're like, You're like, you're the dance.
Speaker 1: I want you want to.
Speaker 8: Fuck fuck me?
Speaker 1: Fuck me? Do we have like do we have feelings about Green Book?
Speaker 10: I did not.
Speaker 1: You know, I supposed to have Green Book? Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: When I saw the preview, I was like adamant. I was like, no, no more magical Negro movies.
Speaker 1: Oh, white savior movie.
Speaker 7: But time out, which is that it turned out to be a white savior movie, not a magical Negro movie.
Speaker 8: That's what I was worried it was gonna be. It's like, it's gonna be how this white guy saved one black guy.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing though, I didn't realize, uh, ever, ever since the opening of uh.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, I don't know what to call it, the Blacksonian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been obsessed with the the the Green Book, So I never put two and two together that they made a movie about the Green Book. So once I realized, once he came on the on the Tonight Show and promoted, I was like, oh, the survival book on how to Survive and Jim.
Speaker 5: And then I saw it, Uh, it's not as predictable like it. You can sort of say it's reverse driving miss Daisy, but it's not that predictable.
Speaker 1: I got the screener. It's still yeah, it's still.
Speaker 2: Part magical Negro white savior film that Hollywood is addicted to. But I will say Marshal is very good. Wait, speaking of which, Okay, now I learned this. I learned this lesson last year with uh Shyraq, which because the amount of movies I see uh, you know, I always default and go to Rotten Tomatoes, Rotten Tomatoes first. And when I saw the Shyraq got an eighty five, I was suspicious and then I was like and then I seen it and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have wanted Nobody wanted to diss it, right, And.
Speaker 2: Then when I started reading the reviews, I was like, oh, you don't want to get dragged on by black Twitter. So it's a high rating. So as a result, FuG, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: I hate you.
Speaker 5: Give listen that she just mean right, Yeah, it has a perfect nam.
Speaker 1: Wow. Me and my wife watched that ship. Fu. No, this ship is named after a Tupac damn acronym.
Speaker 9: Don't do that to that black woman that wrote that book. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Don't you do that. No, it's it is.
Speaker 5: It's name the hate you give, you give, the hate you give Look no, no, no, the hate you give little infants fucks everybody. That's thug Life.
Speaker 1: That's the whole. Yeah, take all that. Niggas wrote a movie about that ship.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I hate you give little infants fucks everybody.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what par mean, that's what that's what.
Speaker 9: I need a confirmation from us.
Speaker 2: They did not want to name the movie Thug Life, so they decided to call it The Hate You Give ellipses.
Speaker 9: I don't know if this is true.
Speaker 10: I'm so.
Speaker 1: You have an Internet, you have the internet, Google it. It's really no for.
Speaker 3: I also have the Internet and I'm currently googling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Bill, You're welcome. You don't let Bill validated. We're telling you if no one knows about the fuck left. Here's the thing, though, right, so critics.
Speaker 2: Critics gave it a perfect ninety seven, like The Hate You Get will be the highest of like the third highest rated movie of twenty eighteen, but the audience rating was like sixty two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you also got to remember who's rateing movies on Rotten Tomatoes. Then by the audience, the audience. Yeah, okay, because a lot of times people will do these, you know, these coordinated campaigns to tot up the ratings on.
Speaker 1: Movies, especially black movie.
Speaker 5: I don't think this was the work of discrowned white people. That was a fuck ass movie.
Speaker 8: I will say like if okay, if you think of the movie is bad or good, I always think like, okay, what would it be like if you're watching on Netflix? What would it be recommended with?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Why it sounds like a be like if you like this, you're also like a Christmas prince or something.
Speaker 1: You also like boy bye. Yeah Marcus, that's that's a real movie.
Speaker 9: He has a few movies on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah killing Wait that Marcus Houston.
Speaker 5: Yeah, immure, yes, go home, Roger, Yeah, that is Marcus Houston, screenwriter.
Speaker 1: Can I just give you hell no that I did watching I did what I love. I love watching the bad Black movie. Hey you give Amanda what's Amanda Steinberg.
Speaker 6: Might not have been good games, but that movie that is this year she was like a super Remember it was like about the kids and they all had the different powers and it was like you was red or.
Speaker 9: You was orange. It was like it was one of those It was on the airplane. But it was really good.
Speaker 1: Was it not Amaze Running? It feels like it was like why young adult novel books?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: There are some movies I didn't she hasn't that she was whack? Bring Blink, Blind Spotting?
Speaker 2: What we think of the opinions on the Oakland Too, which is blind Spotting and uh, Sorry to Bother You?
Speaker 1: I like Sorry both films sort of with the same I need to see Sorry to Bother You a second time before I have an official opinion on it.
Speaker 3: Did you see blind Spotting?
Speaker 1: Did I? Yeah, I've seen both blind spots? Why did you?
Speaker 2: Here's to Reach's theory. I liked blind Spotty, Okay, got to cry.
Speaker 5: I liked it, but told me I don't want to spoil it. Alert you've seen it, I've seen it. I've seen it, says I bet you any amount of money that they wrote the poem first and then found a way field the movie backwards.
Speaker 1: On on that, and then when I watched it the second time, I was like, damn, was right, Yeah, I think the thing about it for me what I didn't like I thought I just thought the ending. I was just like, yeah, this is not this is sort of like, uh, what was Saul Williams's film? Uh, the prison Jam Slam Slam, But he did the prison yard poetry and it was like, right about to shake him, he went into a soliloque.
Speaker 6: But because I remember when the movie came out and I'm paid bill correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that y'all went to the screen and you and you and mister Love and y'all enjoyed the film, and y'all was like, we should have dibb.
Speaker 9: He's this is an awesome movie. People gonna love this year.
Speaker 1: So he did a good job. He did a good job. I'm not knocking his perform.
Speaker 2: I did like Blind Spotting, but once there told me that the climax scene was the premise that they had and then they built a.
Speaker 5: Thing around it because I didn't get the when I said, I was like, Okay, is this really happening? And I don't want to say too much about the spoiler for nobody, but yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: But for me, the premise is still real, and you know, I had PTSD like seeing the the police conflict scene and that sort of you know, like all that happened in the movie, like that still affected me. And the same for Sorry to Bother You, which was that was more about education. But I like, I mean, after Atlanta, it's like, I'm down with surrealist.
Speaker 6: I think I've seen all of our guest b movies because Tessa Thompson I didn't see, never heard decreed that one. But I did see the one with Gena Rodriguez when the Aliens came.
Speaker 1: It was this year the Aliens came and yeah it was a glimmer.
Speaker 9: It was the glimmer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were all and Natalie Portman. That was cool.
Speaker 9: I thought I was lying. You were didn't know what talking left Supreme guest one movie, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like Thompson Annihilations. Yeah, I had never till that. I never heard of it either until I just googled it. Has anyone seen eighth Grade? I got that. I just got that screen. I have it on it. It's kind of I mean, it's not kids, but it's SAG baby damn sad. I'm a newbie.
Speaker 2: I'm a newbie in this because I just joined, like whatever a month ago, do you join No, I just joined the academy.
Speaker 1: Like if you not fad with Zag, but do your screeners expire or like online that's.
Speaker 8: The hard DVD DVD you can watch anytime.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they send us hard VD. They send me like links to stuff. For the links I think do kind of inspire. But they sent all my ship hard DVD though I.
Speaker 8: Never have a DVD player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have a DV I have a p S four and an Xbox one Solam in my gaming system.
Speaker 1: Oh I never thought. Okay, okay, then I.
Speaker 6: Do have so wait, we got what one, two, three full SAG members going on? Y'all need to give up them bootlegs.
Speaker 1: Well, technically you can't do that. I might have your name on it, you know what I'm saying. But hollered me. I got them for the loan. I got the eighth grade joint.
Speaker 5: You know what was really dope? It was another when I saw the the standing Oli joint. It's the Lawland Hardy joint with your boy Lauren. Yeah, with your boy big man. Uh dude, John c Riley, John c Riley, that's.
Speaker 1: About Lauren Harnt. It's about sisters. No, no, no, that's I know.
Speaker 5: That's the sister brother brother sisters. That's the other John c Riley joint. The lost Standing Standing Oli is is him and Steve Coogan and it's about like their last years, like when they ship was like kind of fucked up.
Speaker 1: That was a cool flick. That sh it was really good. I didn't. I didn't. I went into it not knowing what to expect. That it was dope.
Speaker 9: Did you watch oh boys movie to the Plane the Plane with my checked that yet.
Speaker 1: From from from the boy from Game of Thrones? Yeah, Island, Yeah, they're playing, they're playing. He's still they did a movie about him and who started?
Speaker 9: Ask my man from game.
Speaker 1: You're welcome English. There's an ellen there it is?
Speaker 2: Yes, Wait that no one's up in arms about white guy playing a scarface?
Speaker 1: A white guy playing playing You don't know what he is? Yeah, I didn't know what to be mad about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Polynesian French, but he was definitely French. Wait, what movies we're talking about? The guy who played in Fantasy Island the Plane.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: H g r V. He spoke French, but that that HBO guess out that come. I gotta watch it. I remember seeing the trailer. I didn't really dark. What a music Classmens Audience Award?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 1: My thing with it is guilt? Its guilt, bro straight up. So the realist review of Black Pans.
Speaker 5: When I ever saw the real review of black Pants, and I saw on Twitter, this chick was like she was a black lady. She was like, so I just finished Black Clansmen and the white lady beside me is crying and the black man beside me is sleep Like that's the movie like it was? I mean, yeah, I didn't. I mean I supported Spike, loves Spike, but nah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Everyone was all like, don't call to come back?
Speaker 7: And na, speaking of what happened to season two, it's coming. I don't know when, but it's coming to I figured would have been Thanksgiving weekend. Yeah, because they find they've been finished filming it.
Speaker 1: A bill, did we watch Crazy Rich Asians?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 9: Why are you asking?
Speaker 10: Bill?
Speaker 1: Like I got it? We see other stuff inside black stuff? Okay, I saw what do you think of Crazy?
Speaker 6: I thought it was a regular old romantic comedy with Asian folks, but the wedding was amazing.
Speaker 8: I watched what's that Kevin Costner movie about you? Watch Unforgiven maybe or Untouchable.
Speaker 5: Untouchable stayed away from first of You. It is Untouchable part of are you allowed to see what part of New York are you from?
Speaker 8: What originally from Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: I know you're from. I assume that your mail goes to New York.
Speaker 8: Now West Village.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't go to movies.
Speaker 8: I just I'm never I always work at night and then like during the day. I never think of movies during the day. I just watched movies when I get home.
Speaker 1: But I like such a slacker, like like all my peers are, like you know, they're too busy to watch TV finished men of TV.
Speaker 8: I just do it when I get home, So it's either like really late at.
Speaker 1: Night or for me, it's priority, Like I get up every it's priority, not alone.
Speaker 8: My favorite, my favorite movie I saw this year it was I can't remember the name of it, but it's that it's a bank robber movie where it's Pacino and that other guy that it used to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog Day.
Speaker 8: He was married to Meryl Streep and was nominated for and he did five movies and nom named for Oscar for all five movies.
Speaker 6: And I had a cancer, remember he had short huge movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, before we get off movies, I have to say probably the Shaker of the year for me.
Speaker 1: Was how good A Star is Born?
Speaker 5: Yo, let's talk about Okay, the Stars Born in Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that heard Bohemian ram niggas. That ship is fire, nigga, this is fire bohemian. But just cut show off.
Speaker 9: What's your question?
Speaker 12: But with me.
Speaker 8: And one of the trailers, uh they're there, they go, are you ready Freddy? Because they're talking to Freddie Murky, and I was like, is that where that came from? Because I say ready Freddy all the time, and I just want to know if it's cool. I think if it came from Queen, I think it's cool. If it didn't, it's as dumb as the other things they say, like Jess Louise, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's from before Queen Ah, we're.
Speaker 8: Saying it's trademarked and Queen Ready Freddy, Jesu.
Speaker 5: Louise is from Louise, sample Louis and no Brahimi Rapsy was fire. But I did like I did like A Stars Born too.
Speaker 10: I like that.
Speaker 2: My problem with Bohemian Rhapsody is that just based on every interview I read, every book I've read, I've read like two or three books on Queen you know, I know that the Eagles like the claim that they were the champions, and people always think of led Zeppelin and the Shark whatever, But by far the stories I've heard that been absolutely verified and cooperated by like all members of the group. They used to get it in the level of hedonistic rock star access it access excess and pushing the limit, like they invented that shit, and really it really it really well. Even for there's an album they released called Jazz in nineteen seventy seven, and they had the way they described this party was basically like a recreation of Caligula, like organizing orgies and all this other shit like that Freddie would do and plus and plus. Like for me, it's like a line's share of his romantic life in this film was to his first girlfriend, and it was almost like okay, duh, like okay, let's acknowledge the elephant in the room.
Speaker 1: Like the camera always panned.
Speaker 5: The other way, Like it was almost as if I felt like this film was produced by the Hollywood system that was sort of like we don't want to scare off Middle America with there's all this blatant homosexual images and whatnot, so we'll just like gloss over it.
Speaker 10: I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: I read.
Speaker 8: I read some things online where I haven't seen it, of course, but I read something I'll see in twenty years, And I read some things online where those people figured out that Freddie Mercury was gay by watching.
Speaker 1: It, and like he's gay.
Speaker 8: It's just like I'm picturing like these old white men that have been listening to Queen.
Speaker 1: And they're like, but he can't be gay. That's the y m c A sports arena. He will as hell? What's the name said that?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: The very first scene that they shot was.
Speaker 5: The live aid Uh okay, the concert, the concert which like you know, he's like, why would you guys even want to start there?
Speaker 2: And they're like, we're just going to throw it into the lake, so you're gonna have to Maybe they had a stadium full of a thousand people.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he not getting the season of Miss Robot this year. He should.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's coming they're doing they're doing one last one. Yeah, he should definitely.
Speaker 3: In the meantime, I heard that is fire.
Speaker 1: I ain't watching it yet. Director.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really, he should definitely get Best Actor. As far as uh A star is born.
Speaker 1: Man like I liked it.
Speaker 7: I like, I live that ship Spells quote was what made me think I need to might see this because he was like, this is the first time I've ever been in a good movie.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, it's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah did you see did you see it?
Speaker 2: I haven't, No, it is and I'm more I'm happy that Gaga finally has something I feel like the whole But she's not Madonna. Thing has always like been the elephant on her back that she can't quite escape. And I don't think that there's any acting vehicle that madonnaa ever.
Speaker 1: Do you mean? Desperately seeking Susan was not Oscar material? Wait was nominated? Y'all got jokes?
Speaker 8: Surprise yore Lady Todd Bradley Cooper had to read it in the back of a bus, going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that hit close to home. Why did it hit you just? I mean again, it's a story of of.
Speaker 2: Somebody, somebody wanting someone's happiness and well being and success more than they wanted.
Speaker 1: Story about patience and.
Speaker 5: And the ensuing self destruction that happens happen afterwards.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'd like I just saw that. As you know, I've been there before TV TV. I have ordered it. I've not watched it, but it is.
Speaker 8: I would say, like, the first three minutes of the first episode is so annoying you might want to turn it off.
Speaker 1: But don't.
Speaker 8: It is so good.
Speaker 1: Which one would tell me what itwork was?
Speaker 8: It was on AM BBC, but now I think it's available on like Amazon Prime and or maybe just I don't know. I don't know how Amazon.
Speaker 1: I'm the only sucker that stuff on iTunes and building.
Speaker 8: I've bought it on iTunes to send to people to make them watch it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've ordered it and I will do. It was so good.
Speaker 8: I read the book it was based on, and the book is different enough that if you like the TV show, you can read the book and you'll be like, this is a whole different experience, Like, yeah, it's great. I loved it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've heard good things about Killed as far as Handmaids.
Speaker 1: Why I tapped out with you. I watched it. I saw it all the way through, and I was just like, nah, you finished. Wait a minute, Okay.
Speaker 5: There is because we live in the reality that we live now, which is why I'm not watching it right there. There is a ye kind of a willingness to not be ignorant, but to not have to watch something that you're living, right, But do you not?
Speaker 2: Are you saying no because you think that the direction is bad and the writing is bad and the acting is bad. No, No, well I thought, I mean I think the direction. First of all, let me say it is like visually, it is a gorgeous fucking show. Like there are some shots in that show that are just like fucking poetry.
Speaker 5: That shit looks even the hangings hanging straight up, hanging beautiful. There was like there's a cemetary scene in like season two where it's like snow on the ground and all the handmaids are wearing red and it's like, Blacks like that shit is gorgeous.
Speaker 1: But my thing was just like it was just I just had a problem. Why I was saying I had a problem with.
Speaker 5: It, but I just thought like, Okay, this is speculative fiction, but black women actually went through this shit for real.
Speaker 1: It was called slavery. So like I was just like, I mean, when I'm pregnant and using our baby, I saw everybody, oh this is horrible. Yeah, it was horrible, Like when it actually happened, old nobody care. It was so long ago. Your ancestors my answers. But you mean my grandma you mean too? Yeah, yeah, I mean where it was.
Speaker 5: Like it was like when people talk about like, oh, that was so long ago your ancestors, my ancestors, Like my grandma was like one generation removed from this ship.
Speaker 1: So yeah, ma is I was, And then too.
Speaker 5: Just on the story level, there's something that happens the way season two ends. They about to turn that ship to the Walking Dead, and I'm tapping out early the damn ring every fucker. You're not a sentimental complets you will you will. It's too much ship out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I used to be that, but it's just too much good ship out. When I see some bullshit, I pull out.
Speaker 1: I'm the completest, Yeah, I'm I mean I finished Scandal.
Speaker 8: There was a couple of seasons in the middle that really lost me.
Speaker 9: But Scandal.
Speaker 8: I watched every single episode and show.
Speaker 1: It's over, it's done. I thought it ended well. I really like you. You even watched Scandal, right, I did?
Speaker 5: Yeah, waits and gentlemen for Steve, It's that's amazing.
Speaker 8: I will say. There's so I like Scandal so much. I go back and rewatch scenes on YouTube.
Speaker 5: I'm addicted to. I was gonna say for the Wire. Spano's the Wire. There's there's a three hour cut.
Speaker 1: Of Omar only scenes in all due today. Okay, so he he might come on the show.
Speaker 9: Way on this show, have Michael Michael Kay, Okay.
Speaker 1: When my when Michael comes on my other show that I work for, they don't know him like we know him. I don't know him like we know. I mean, he's down where he's a friend.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that I cannot wait to make the roots whistle the farmer in the day when.
Speaker 1: You walk out. When you walk all I want to do is whistled the farmer in the door.
Speaker 8: I was doing a bit on The Daily Show the same day he was a guest, And one of my things that made me the most happiest ever is that after I got off his one of his people came out and was like, Michael would really like to meet you with how he was really funny, And I was like no, And I had to do everything my power not because he's like dare promoting a new movie and like so I was like trying really hard not to be like make it about the Wire. But the whole time I was like, I'm a really big fan. I'm all your work. Everything you've done, it's great.
Speaker 1: Wait Chalk White though not but nothing O Chalky White. Come on, man White. He was piar No he wasn't. Me a little sad there you had people, but that's all right.
Speaker 8: It was like a manager something. It wasn't like, yeah, person, you didn't have minions. But speaking of minions love all?
Speaker 1: Did you even see the Incredibles too? I didn't. I didn't see.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: I saw every kids movie this year. You want to know about them?
Speaker 5: Have you seen because I'm what you've seen rap bricks Internet yet, No, I'm going to see I.
Speaker 3: Saw the grin stole Christmas last week, and uh some ship for that?
Speaker 1: I think, how are your daughters? They're fine. Angel and the Devil six and eight TV. We still got canceled. Yeah, they brought it bag and got canceled. Hell got canceled and got a check this. Yeah she didn't get way back.
Speaker 8: She's gonna go right back to.
Speaker 1: You think she is they gonna take her back. You think they would take.
Speaker 8: Yes, they heard that black face story and they were like, yes, this is what this is the kind of programming we like over here. She's been coming to the comedy celler Megan Kelly. She was so I've been very vocal about my dislike for Megan Kelly over the years, and and so I was doing I was on the show that she was in. She was in the audience, and h they were like, hey, Megan's in the audience. We just want to let you know because she's scared that you're going to say something. And I don't say anything because I was like, there's also a bunch of people that paid to be here that like don't know she's here, and like I want to do a show for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, So afterwards I see her and I do say hi to her, because like I looked at her while I was doing the show and she's laughing, and I'm like, all right, that takes like a pretty big person to.
Speaker 9: Like she better laugh because she don't you'll see her.
Speaker 8: And also I've said real mean jokes about her and to like sit and laugh. I was like, all right, you know, like that's something. And uh, and so like after what I was like, I was like, I just introduced myself and she was like, oh, Michelle, you know. She was very nice, and but then I think her people leaked a story to page six that said that we had met and we were going to go for lunch and exchanged information, and I was like, I was like, no, no, no, no, no, we met.
Speaker 1: And that was he that it. Yeah, wow, speak comeback.
Speaker 5: So do we think it's twent nineteen gonna be the year of Luisy K's come back?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: It's even I chose a night to go to the seller in which he might have just left from. I came maybe to like a late night uh set.
Speaker 5: And the amount of when you were there, were there like still people on the sidewalk like waiting.
Speaker 8: I was there are one time when there are protesters. I don't know if there's not.
Speaker 1: Even pro well not even protesters.
Speaker 2: It's like when you go to the comedy celler now like there's a TMZ guy like the same teams. The guy that I see outside of thirty Rock is now like just waiting around the corner, uh, you know, from the Comedy Seller. And then there's of it, like you know, the press is there, and plus there's if word is coming out that he's there, like I'll get a text, right and suddenly everyone will respond like okay, well I'm gonna sit this one out and I can't. So it's it's like the the climate at the comedy Seller is way way different now than it was previously. Like it's way emptier and oh we're and no, I mean like not, I don't know audience wise, I just mean like upstairs the table is no, I mean like we we are.
Speaker 8: I think the problem is a lot of us are on the road all the time, so like like when we're all there, we all still hang out the table for hours, you know, like and that's mostly during the week, I guess, but a lot of us have been on the road so much that there just hasn't been that good of a hang there right now. But when we are there, we all hang.
Speaker 1: Out when at the table, he doesn't sit at the table? Is this a table something we all.
Speaker 8: The comedy sellers like, there's a there's a table in the back of the comedy cellar. It's just for comics.
Speaker 1: That performance is kind of like what's happening like and you have to.
Speaker 8: You have to be performing the comedy seller, not necessarily a night, but you have to be a comedy seller performer to sit at the table. And it's like a thing that comics know that like if you haven't done shows there, you don't sit you Wow. Yeah, it's like sacred ground for comedians, you know, Like.
Speaker 9: There's that one comedian that walked up like, hey, what's that y'all?
Speaker 8: I mean some people do that. He sits in the base, but you know, like Louis sits on the stairs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's on shaky. If you sit in the stairs, you're shaky grin.
Speaker 8: But he used to used to say table yeah yeah. But he comes in, he sits on the stairs and does his set and then he goes and it's like, you know, he comes in and out. He he's I think he's trying not to make it hard for anyone else there, you know, like he doesn't he knows the stories that have like he knows that anyone will get wrapped up in things he does, I think. And so I think he's trying to just make it as smooth and easy for everyone as possible.
Speaker 9: But don't you think him and Harvey they're gonna be cool in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I don't know, I don't know what to say. I mean, I just I mean, women have accused both, so I'm just saying no.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, he's never working in this town. Again.
Speaker 9: I don't think Louie Louis Woman Harvey Harvey.
Speaker 2: Wait, if Harvey decides to relocate to Harvey might pull a Russell and just go to another country. Like Harvey basically built his own empire in uh Prague, which a lot of people don't know about. We in two thousand and three, what was what was the heather Them Brothers the Hughes Brothers movie.
Speaker 1: That was the Jack Rippa joint?
Speaker 2: Yeah from hell? Yeah when right? So basically like Harvey set up a Hollywood away.
Speaker 1: From home to shoot.
Speaker 2: It's cheap and more important, it's the heatonistic capital.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 2: Like everything you ever wanted to happen in your rock star life like it happens there. So if anything, I think that if he were to get off, you know, he has the best lawyers and they get him off, he'll probably just go to Prague and maybe you know, somehow ghost his way back into the industry or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just want to see who's the first white man is going to go to jail? Well, that's the past six he.
Speaker 8: Was Mexican I don't know, it's hard to tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I think he's got like a on his face Mexican.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that makes sense again white man and a different caseph w yes.
Speaker 2: Cosey uh when to Cosby went to jail, can I say it's amazing? I don't know if I said this on past episodes, but I'm like really obsessed with.
Speaker 1: All Right, so they reveal what his mules are.
Speaker 5: They threw No, I'm talking about they keep a record of Like if you want to know what Cosby ate you can you can look at like inmate records and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, and they updated, Uh, you know.
Speaker 9: Is it gonna be weird?
Speaker 5: No, dude, Like I was watching he might die in jail because I's aw Creed like because that's all Creed to the other Day, which I thought was pretty good, and Felicia shot is in it, and I was just watching that thinking like, right, I wonder if Felicia just wakes up to just like you know what this nigga bill in jail like you.
Speaker 9: Never like that, like really and ship you'll be like multiple gigs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like he's in jail, ass jail, not not like federal like comfy. You know, minimum security.
Speaker 1: He's in a geriatric jail though it's kind of for old guys. Okay, you probably get shanked.
Speaker 8: The same, but right still just like a higher quality, shaky.
Speaker 1: Feel like, yeah, I didn't I didn't see that was coming. That was nuts. What's it the thirtieth December, I'm sorry, twenty sixth of December, okay, from that hard all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He had a Google fruit juice, six ounce of apple juice. Uh, a cup of hot grits.
Speaker 8: He got to juices.
Speaker 2: He got six ounce fruit juice, apple juice. He got a cup of hot grits.
Speaker 5: Uh. Two pieces of toast, two tablespoons of margin, oh god, eight ounce of milk, eight ounce of coffee, two packets of sugar.
Speaker 3: Oh and heart cooked eggs with salt and pepper, and t bone steak.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And lunch he had O'Brien potatoes.
Speaker 5: Uh, a couple that we are discussing Bill Cosby's prison cuisine.
Speaker 6: Like this.
Speaker 8: Thing was just that first thing you read was just breakfast. Yeah, that's a big breakfast.
Speaker 1: All day.
Speaker 8: And I was listening to that to be like I'm adding for the calories in my head and he's gotta like run around a little bit.
Speaker 5: I'm putting I'm putting this in my fitness pan. He had a bigger beckerace to me this morning. Yeah his uh oh okay Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? What was Yeah? What was prison Thanksgiving? Like? Is that? Like? Actually they here's a bonus. They gave what what takashi for Thanksgiving? Nigga because f.
Speaker 6: Y I for I talked to my friend in prison and the mills went down this year. It ain't the same as last year. I asked him what he had for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: He was like, it was not I can't even get to it. What was Okay? So what was your friend's prison Thanksgiving?
Speaker 9: He didn't even want to tell me this.
Speaker 1: He was like, it ain't even more telling you, Like, is he in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 5: No, he's in Jersey, Try state, all right, So they gave a uh you can either get a turkey burger or a garden burger, bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, margin, and pumpkin.
Speaker 1: The margin. Margin is like the worst ship.
Speaker 5: It's like one of the worst things you live if you put into your body, Like margin is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, but more of the story.
Speaker 3: Don't don't go to prison because you'll get a lot of margarine.
Speaker 1: What's O'Brien potatoes? They're coming the motherfuckers to come in the bag. They that's a writer. No, no, no, okay. O'Brien is like the I was like, I was like, they're like, what that is? Great? Hydrox is the oreo that's what Like O'Brien, rocks came first. I came first.
Speaker 5: Wow on point rocks the oreos hydrox like hydrox was first.
Speaker 1: Whose idea with the name of hydrosum sounds like an element?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Element, It's like, it's like, it's not hydrogen Drocks.
Speaker 1: We should also mention who is America? Which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was America Baron Cohen's troll showtime joint.
Speaker 10: I didn't.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna mention what's the then it's like the Luke showed us on HBO about the football team. That was dope, And so was the other docum series about living in America, the kids in the high school that they documented like the whole season.
Speaker 1: They came on after Power. I got to give a repord. It came on after Power.
Speaker 8: That was really good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, and it's still engaging. And died this year fifty job fifty fifty days, like for real, like he was dead before.
Speaker 2: Every guy's been watching the Funk documentary, the George Clinton cartoon, I guess from.
Speaker 1: The tour bus. I haven't watched it yet. I haven't started watching it, but I heard about it. I stopped.
Speaker 8: I missed the Black Wait, is there is there any other like really good TV this year that I met Cobra.
Speaker 1: Kai, which yes, I have watched. I enjoyed that. He it's it's on YouTube. It's the sequel to the Credit Ken, So it's like it's years later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the TV show, Yeah, what's it on? It's on YouTube, damn and it's Wrath. It's like, yeah, and what about the villain?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Just watch it? Yeah, he's he's in it to Billy Bill he's awesome. Black he was. He was like the ultimate asshole.
Speaker 9: Him and the dude from that was in the Pretty in Pink.
Speaker 1: James Sad Good TV Billions, billions on showtime.
Speaker 8: I don't have showtime.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: Speaking of not having showtime, let's have a moment of silence for Jesus and Merrill who left Viceland Showtime Showtime and I'm probably never gonna.
Speaker 1: See that show again because they're on Showtime. That happened, I know, like this summer.
Speaker 7: Really yeah, I don't know when the shows the new show is gonna air, but yeah, before they left Iceland and they got to show.
Speaker 5: I just I just get it through if you get it through Amazon, it's like, I think it's like nine dollars.
Speaker 9: I'm missing my people too. What's the po white trash on that?
Speaker 1: I love? My God season and her brothers it's over.
Speaker 3: There's no last season, just just having show.
Speaker 8: But you know one of the girls is on Emma, she's on Roseanne.
Speaker 9: Well, the younger sisters on Roseanne the Connors. I'm sorry. Yeah, which by the way, wasn't awful.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It wasn't awful. They canceled that too, or no, as far as I know, it's still on.
Speaker 8: Okay, what do you think about firing Roseanne?
Speaker 6: Like, is that.
Speaker 8: We wanted to?
Speaker 1: I mean what she did was wrong.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know they treated it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: My problem is you knew who she was when you hired, and you knew her history on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Okay, but she also was guaranteed to bring views.
Speaker 8: She's guaranteed to bring viewers in and then she did something that any of us could have seen coming.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, why are we shocked?
Speaker 8: Yeah, why are we shocked? You hired her in the first place, Like, and this.
Speaker 1: Is the woman that sang the National anthematica. Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: I kind of feel like it's like a reverse situation, Whereas if she was like a brown or black person, she would have been gone, right, But because the boss at ABC was a brown or black person, it was like, you know, fuck.
Speaker 1: The ship, you're out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I feel like, yeah, I mean, I feel like she shouldn't have been hired in the first place. They should have been like, we're not going to do this with you. You're a bad person.
Speaker 1: They should have just made to spin off about Jackie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what happened to the baby by the way that Jackie had they just forgot about it.
Speaker 8: Laura metcalfein isn't carrying that show.
Speaker 1: Since the again, yes, since the beginning, but she's she out.
Speaker 8: You forget George Clooney was in that show. Ry metcalf was so good.
Speaker 9: George, she was fucking George clooney of life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, was not attractive when he was young.
Speaker 6: He was he had really good hair, was weird, he was hot on the facts of life, he was hot. Let's come on, y'all, don't remember all the girls.
Speaker 2: Wanted saying that he's better looking at as an older dude than his younger days.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely, I can probably see that ship. Yeah, I can see that ship.
Speaker 6: A lot of dudes are it's not fair, it's true, but then they get really like Denzel was like that, but now he's old.
Speaker 1: Out there, he's.
Speaker 2: Right there that as our resident children's television workshop say, white person, your your your family? Uh, Carol's yes, retired from Sesame Street.
Speaker 5: Yes, Big Bird and the Oscar Wow really so, I mean but in the last days of Sesame Street, like surely somebody was mouth and Forortant.
Speaker 1: He was just on the side, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you hired us to do the Thanksgiving parade, I was shocked that he was still the body of Big Bird and one of the most hilarious and traumatic things I've ever seen, Like kids don't understand that muppets aren't real. And so there was a point, well there was a point, and you know when you're doing the Thanksgiving parade, the Macy's parade. It's probably a two hour ordeal depending on how traffic flow is. And you know you starting from seventy second Street and ending up at Macy's on thirty fourth. So it was a point where Carol Spinney needed to get some air because he's been sitting inside of that big bird thing for the longest and you guys are trying to figure out like the most discreet.
Speaker 1: Way to yeah, but there was no way to do it.
Speaker 2: So you guys, just like the second big birds, uh, top half came off like it was like he got shot.
Speaker 1: Like the just like the look or in his face and the trauma that these kids.
Speaker 9: Oh y'all did it in front of kids.
Speaker 1: Y'all put them in Well, they tried to cover it, but there was you know, you couldn't cover it.
Speaker 9: I don't ever want to see that.
Speaker 10: It was so hilarious to me.
Speaker 3: It's always funny when they say cut at that show because like the puppets just go from like totally.
Speaker 1: Alive, just like and I don't want to go visit I was doing show.
Speaker 8: It was like a hilarity for charity show. Seth Rogan's thing and I was in a room where there was a TV. And I walked in. There was all these people dressed in like black, and I thought they were like state. They were dressed like stage hands. So like I walked in, I was like, I'll watch with these guys because they're probably like fun. And then someone like Seth poked his head and he was like, it's all the Muppets, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I would be so freaking out.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I don't want you to see how I watch things. Yeah, I don't want to see them that.
Speaker 5: She wasn't freak like, it's like you you actually have real conversations with them too, Like ye know we were.
Speaker 8: Talking that you talk to you you don't know, I don't know what any I don't know who who they who they are?
Speaker 1: You know, Like I was just like talking to like miss miss Piggy, but I can't even time.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of cross polination.
Speaker 1: The guy who plays Grover.
Speaker 9: And don't do you know what? No, no, no, I don't know if you should do this.
Speaker 1: Okay, well no kids are listening, so it's not like my mom, Oh okay.
Speaker 6: People who were kids at heart they still want to believe it's not full up against and Big Bird will always be best.
Speaker 2: Friends and they okay, yeah, as we wrap up, uh music music music, I will just go down.
Speaker 1: Now for me.
Speaker 5: The the last album of twenty seventeen, uh, the N E r D Record I actually enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Too, but I dropping in the wrong time of the year, Like if it would have dropped like in the summer, in the summer, it would have been Yeah, I like that. Listen to any thoughts of Bruno's six Wings at the Grammys, and.
Speaker 5: I thought he deserved it. I mean that record formage was fucking dope. That ship that was right, and King Drake doing his uh what did he do? Oh he want to pull this album back?
Speaker 1: And he did do that. He did the pull. I mean that was real. They sold hard copies damn backwards. Yes, yeah, wow, okay.
Speaker 9: You want to pull it, yeah, you want to pull it in and everybody at the New York Times and and I.
Speaker 2: Still I still maintained the shock and for that no, no, what way, I didn't even go there. This is one of the random things that you'll probably say, like quest level bring up that you don't care about. But I'm still Florida with the fact that Frell produced Havanna.
Speaker 3: Havana, which, by the way, now he goes banana.
Speaker 1: Now now I know that, but.
Speaker 5: Back then, until you told me, the thing is like when I get music, it doesn't come with credits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I just must amiss that in group chat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even know that you're with me, But these two were just like I never heard I never heard of, had never.
Speaker 9: Heard sings on the Havana or not.
Speaker 7: Not like yeah, it's like I hadn't heard the song until he brought it up in group chat, which I realized you didn't see that, and then like I went and listened to it, and I was like, how did you not know?
Speaker 1: This was for real.
Speaker 8: Support?
Speaker 1: And then we just pretty we guy out that you know the song, now listen to it. Yeah, this song is basically smoothed by Santana.
Speaker 5: Ye like, but it's the thing was, it's it's snuck on me without any Pharrell pretense.
Speaker 1: So this is support group.
Speaker 7: He said, don't because he's married to Cindey Blackman and she has crushed on Cindey.
Speaker 1: Blackman, but not just that one.
Speaker 6: You know, I didn't really get his number when I saw him who Santana's Remember when I hit y'all she could have been a contending Remember when I hit y'all on the q LS group test.
Speaker 1: You yeah when you bitched up? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, Shoot and shoot, nigga, you get chosen. You ain't putting yourself in position.
Speaker 9: I've done it twice now what Michelle Obama to the the.
Speaker 1: The Ariana Grande album was also a shock, And I told y'all carry under that got like something bangers on.
Speaker 2: That joint had the very first joint that is Hardel has five bank Look, I'm caving for an Ariana Grande record.
Speaker 9: Speaking of Ariana Grande, she had quite a year, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah mc miller.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thinking about read the Franklin's funeral.
Speaker 1: She wore the dress. The dress was roping Dyson and.
Speaker 6: Jackson. What was it, doctor Joyson? Jesse Jackson remember the line black I was. I didn't see it, okay, sorry, yeah, I saw I saw like.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My favorite thing was Lauren Hill's just showing up to Aretha Franklin's, uh you know.
Speaker 1: And the Sugar Steak release party. Yo. No, straight up Angry One is a dope fucking album. You got Lauren Hill, New York City. That's my one. This is hard your album. Sorry you know you, Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 8: I say I'm gonna put Florence in the Machines album look at You.
Speaker 9: Listen to new Stuff.
Speaker 1: I didn't listen to the album, but the song that she did on the Tonight Show was kind of jamming.
Speaker 8: You Hunger on the Tonight Show. Hunger is that the one she did.
Speaker 1: I don't know what she did, but whatever she did, like it was I was like, oh, she's, you know, grabbing.
Speaker 8: The I would say end of Love in South London are my two favorite records. Those jams on that It's I love I mean, I've been a Florence's Machine fan for a long time, but like, I love it.
Speaker 9: I'm going to add that because you said it.
Speaker 2: Can we also say that maybe twenty eighteen was the year of the misstep because because of we can now I mean in hindsight, because.
Speaker 1: You guys like that Man of the Woods, and do you guys know that Nos put out an album this year?
Speaker 9: Yes, I heard that.
Speaker 1: Kanye put out that Man is another album coming out next year. It'll be the fourth anniversary edition of ill Matic.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Ryan you seriously, No, But they did it for the tenth, they did it for the fifteenth, they did it for the twentieth.
Speaker 1: The twenty fifth is next year. Of course they're going to do it again.
Speaker 9: We're looking forward.
Speaker 2: He so this is the year of the misstep. So yeah, I still like Breeze on the Pond. That's the one living off only.
Speaker 1: I listened to Man of the Woods once and I felt like I didn't need to listen to it again.
Speaker 9: No, no, I can't get on board with it.
Speaker 8: Justin timberig album called Man of the Woods because he's not.
Speaker 1: One he might look at that ship niggad in the phrase here's here's my favorite well played.
Speaker 2: I mean, we talked about this, will I feel like if this is one of those things that you woke up to nine hundred.
Speaker 1: I actually had to say about this because we we talked, we thought about man.
Speaker 2: I feel like Justin was feeling the uh the heat of ronson And and Bruno Mars of Uptown Funk, Like Bruno Marris is about to be the new unky, non black guy that has black people's love.
Speaker 1: I love that you're saying that he's Hawaiian. Well, but can't he say the N word. That's my bruno is the funky non not black that you You're so good. I love not black. No, No, he's not.
Speaker 2: Hit it because that was I feel like maybe Timberlake was feeling the heat of someone taking the Emperor's new clothes and he decided, Okay, well I'm gonna go a whole nother direction, and you know, for all probably got in his ear because the whole yeah, the whole Miley Cyrus stuff that he did on Miley's record, which was mind we received Okay, like he tried some trap country thing with her and it was like, all right, let's do what you and it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: It's gonna work. And plus like Chad came back, it was like the Neptunes reunion. I was all ready for it.
Speaker 2: But the thing is is that I think what really messed him up at the end of the day was the whole situation in Virginia with the George Charlesville.
Speaker 1: He up, Yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 2: Time is wrong, He's still committed to he should have scrapped the album because the commercial campaign was like, yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was like George and yeah it was fucking trees and like it was mountains and ship.
Speaker 6: He should have sat down with us and let us ask him these questions that the world been wanting to ask him, especially, But.
Speaker 1: You were sick. He was sick child. He was on fallon the same day he wrapped up. He didn't speaks right, he did a whole okay, yeah, no, he literally couldn't wait. What's Bruno marsh He's Hawaiian.
Speaker 9: He's Filipino.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Hawaiian.
Speaker 9: There's there's not such a thing. I don't think it's Hawaiian by ethnicity.
Speaker 1: But he's Poesian.
Speaker 9: He's yes, yeah, but he's not Polynesian. I thought he's Filipino.
Speaker 1: Filipino.
Speaker 9: He's Filipino. He used to when he was a five year old.
Speaker 1: He was an elvistive. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, and excepting that halftime show was in poor taste. Yeah, if he didn't accept the halftime.
Speaker 8: Show this year, he's doing it this year. Year was not there.
Speaker 1: I and I think that's probably why publishers. No.
Speaker 8: I want I just like want Janet. I want them to perform again, right together, him to do and for and then for her to be like, this isn't a big deal.
Speaker 1: She tried.
Speaker 8: I bet she like would go to like open whatever his crotches, and then we'd all be like, where is it where?
Speaker 1: Because them is my joint though and my homemade shott that jury jars. He did a cover of waves like you that is.
Speaker 2: Not only did you you linked to us, but I linked it to him? Oh wow, I never told you, right. He loved that ship, so he gave that respect. Okay, how can we pronounce his name? Uh x x xx.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not probably probably to me.
Speaker 5: The most disturbing music occurrence was watching his live murder on YouTube.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it, man, they had footage know that. Oh yeah, I was like, I'm not watching this. People completely like someone hand to be brutally honest. I just didn't care. That's real. Yeah, that's real. He just I mean and not like caping for the niggas, but like he had a fucked up story. He had a story he didn't stand a chance. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I want to see a bunch of like white news anchors try to pronounce it. That's always the joy. I find those situations where they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we couldn't.
Speaker 6: Can I ask you all about like some of these younger people like these I don't know who they are, well.
Speaker 9: I know, Bill don't know, but like this trap revision. Everybody got a trap revision.
Speaker 1: I was listening. I was listening to me Sigo the other day and he said, he does trapped jazz. He got the joint, He got the joint.
Speaker 9: I think you would like it.
Speaker 1: The joint he has C g O.
Speaker 5: He has a joints the jam, but it's basically prototype.
Speaker 1: And what prototypes. He's from d C.
Speaker 6: He plays like five instruments, but he sings, he raps, he does some trap.
Speaker 9: He got a couple of songs with gold links and like.
Speaker 1: That Golden album. You say what I didn't like the Golden not a song.
Speaker 7: It proved to me that what I loved most about his first well, it proved to me that he couldn't afford to clear the samples that were on the mixtape. Because that's pretty much the only reason I like the mixtape. Because I listened to you, I was like, yeah, these beats aren't hitting you was that that's the that's the one that's.
Speaker 1: Inure soundtrack?
Speaker 6: Acting like I listened to this more than one group the Bill, this is actually really good music.
Speaker 1: Is it the jam that produced? Uh?
Speaker 5: The beat is like I've never not since like scodioly Delicious, have ever been jealous? I gotta find it now because the vocals on it's just a track. No, it's it's vocals, it's a song, oh man. But the drums all just it sounds the intro sounds like tanted by slum Village. Oh wow, it's like it's a hard jump check. I'm gonna find it before the episode end.
Speaker 8: Ever seen someone nurse fries for so one waffle fry out of a Chick fil A bag in a way that I can't even understand, Like I want it down that in two minutes and been hunt.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to all up in the microplow.
Speaker 5: So man, what is the status on end Game by the Well, first off, let's go the roots, I mean, with Black Lives, Streams of Thought, Yeats wanted to two spinning albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's no, it's just straight spitting. You know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Slowly, I promise you will be out by the first quarter of the year. It's gonna happen or I'm gonna get murdered. Yes, hard at work, yo.
Speaker 1: You know what else it happened this year that was quite fucking awesome at us. Okay, so this is what it was. Man.
Speaker 5: So I was in a group called Little Brother like some like a long time ago and like each other was another life nigga.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, he's being very modest. He is Drake's idol, like the ship that you see Drake on right now. Drake is already called stalked him whatever road. So he he is Fonte is the kind of he's the base of what the internet is now for music. His his band made their album without a professional studio. They did it on a computer back then, is like some revolutionary what was yeah two thousand and one, nobody was thinking of just doing an entire album on your computer making it sound professional.
Speaker 1: So he's being very modestor on what his position is right now.
Speaker 8: And he has a Tangos water heater.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, forward thinking and friend so yeah, man, so all right, so I had a group and like we were together, then we broke up whatever. So anyway, so there's a thing and there's a festival in our hometown called All the Cool Festival Music Festival, and it's like a two day thing. So the guy that runs a festival, ma homie Suli Man. He hits me on a Saturday and he's just like, yo, I need a favor. And I'm just like, oh shit, what I know this?
Speaker 1: What does this mean?
Speaker 5: And he's just like, yo, man. Royce missed his flight, so the lineup was roys to five nine NAS and then Erica was the headliner. So he was like, yo, man, Royce miss his flight. Would you be down to do like, you know, just twenty thirty minutes for me whatever? And I'm like, well, what time would you need me? He's like, you know, stage time at seven forty five.
Speaker 1: What time is it?
Speaker 5: It is four thirty when he calls me. PM, Yes, it is four thirty when he calls me. So I'm like, all right, well let me just see me like pull together. So I called my show DJ my homie DJ Flash. I called him first. I don't get an answer. He was busy with whatever.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 5: I called Knife me and Knife, who was the DJ in Little Brother producing Little Brother. We had been hanging the night before, and so I hit him and I'm just like, yo, man, I got opportunity. They want me to do a show, but I think it really fucked people up if we did a Little Brother show, and he was just like, yo, man, I don't know. I don't know if we can do He's like, you think we pull off? And like, I think we pulled shit off? Who gives a shit?
Speaker 1: Wait? Ninth actually had yeah, he had, he had reservation.
Speaker 5: He said anything, but yeah, yeah, no, yeah, so the crazy shit. So the hero of the story, the unsung hero, is my partner, Big Pool.
Speaker 1: Now Pool.
Speaker 5: He lives in Charlotte, which is like two hours two and a half hours like from where we are, from where the show is happening. So I said, well, I said, well, hold on, man, Well let me just check. I'm on the phonehen I said, hold on, let me hit Suleiman back and see what's up. So I hit the suoner mind the promoter. I'm like, yo, man, keep this quiet, but listen, what if there's opportunity if I could get little brother to get He was like, dude, shut the fuck up, don't play with me like that, play with me, don't don't say that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yo, I'm just trying to see if we can do it. So he's like, all right, cool.
Speaker 5: So I called Pool and I'm like, listen, Poop sent me the voicemail, which he's been on the.
Speaker 1: Dude a lot. So I called right back. So I call right back and he's like, yo, what's up. I was in the middle. Somebody got to let me hit you right back. I said, no, this is not to hit me right back. Call like, we have.
Speaker 5: Opportunity, but if you're gonna we're gonna do it, you have to leave, like right now, like you have to get on the road right now if it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh shit, all right.
Speaker 5: So long story short, pool left Charlotte and in the two hours that he was driving to Charlotte, me Knife and Flash put the show together on flashes on Nice's laptop, and then we hit the stage I think at like eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Pushed it back a little bit. We hit the stage like eight, and the reaction in Carolina they were, yo, okay. So this is where I turned into the quest. Love of that ship was whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, it was like you know, like when you do a hometown show, like it was a lot of things.
Speaker 1: So first no one knew that shit was happening, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So we just put it up on ig like an hour two before and let them know but when we got out there, I mean, Nigga, the show we were headlining for is fucking Royce, Nas and Erica. So it's niggas in lawn chairs out there. Like it's not really our audience, you know what I'm saying. You feel me, it's eric It's low key kind of jazz fest.
Speaker 1: You feel me. Oh man. So I mean but listen, I mean they gave up for We had a good time.
Speaker 5: But like, had we did that showing La Nigga, that ship would have been bunkers.
Speaker 1: But I mean it was We had fun. It was our first time on Stay Together and probably like fucking thirteen Festival Philadelphia. I've heard, I've heard, I've heard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got really excited. I've heard, you know, not for nothing those festival. That's a nice surprise.
Speaker 1: And then last year since the whole main stage and then you know, and we just got this year. Then we got our headlines last year.
Speaker 6: So yeah, this in year and twenty eighteen there was picnic kind of got rained down and nobody really got to see the surprises that you had. By the side of the stage, Brandy was waiting to go like they like, it was just it was sad. It was a lot, and it was Katrina backstage.
Speaker 1: You know, we made it. It was backstage. I was out in gym pop by the wing truck. Yeah, by the way truck. Yeah. Okay, wait, let's get back to music. Yes, that was all right.
Speaker 2: The other miss step, according to people, was Jack White going electric.
Speaker 1: What they didn't fu that out?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They critics even it was like three, I dug it. But what was the response to Lenny's album, the Raised Vibration Album?
Speaker 1: How was how was that?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 1: It came out, it came to him, came, it came and went kind of came in there, it came and went.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, Okay, I will say this, and not because she's making me do this, but I actually listened to an album from beginning to end and actually liked it.
Speaker 2: On you will really like calli Ouch's album, Okay, it is like a well crafted like each song is like, oh that song.
Speaker 5: Is catchy, that sounds really good. Well that songs like not since the days of Prince do I think? Like each song was like, oh damn, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like so I Yeah, I never had nothing. I just didn't wasn't familiar on her shit, but I'll give it.
Speaker 1: I'll give it a listen.
Speaker 2: I only because when I did that initial stuff I'm feeling in twenty eighteen posts where I did get like the ten records, I dug, yeah, she was like sarcastic like, so I guess I didn't stand a chance.
Speaker 1: Right, And I felt bad.
Speaker 5: So then I put it on and then I was like, oh shit, I fucked up, Like I low key love the shit. So my ship all right now on some rat computer?
Speaker 1: Did you I'm sorry? Oh oh dirt Janelle? Yeah, yeah, I like the big.
Speaker 9: Yeah that was It was a big argument in the group text.
Speaker 1: Don't y'all as it was, but it wasn't. Everybody ended up agreeing with me eventually because I was rip.
Speaker 9: I was with you, rip, and I was like, I love that she's living in her I'm loving it. I was loving.
Speaker 1: No, I love, but I love That was one of Janelle.
Speaker 7: But the execution on the last two albums has not been there in my opinion. Like Metropolis and arch Android were fucking excellent. I don't know what the hell happened on the Electric Lady and Dirty Computer Computer.
Speaker 1: They all had moments, no, they all have moments.
Speaker 7: Like between you all have moments, but you take them from the albums I give you, Like, they're like two moments each on those last two records, and those are like eighty minute albums and that's about what eight minutes total, So ten percent.
Speaker 1: Of the album is good. That is not good.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, basically, you could take her full albums and make a Kanye ep out to health.
Speaker 3: No, like.
Speaker 7: Leave leave Metropolis alone, leave Archie Android alone. Those last two albums the ones that need to be chopped.
Speaker 9: Those now, I got like folk songs on them last two.
Speaker 8: But this is not necessarily one hundred percent music. It's a little bit comedy music slast comedy. Adam Sandler is one hundred percent fresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great masterpiece.
Speaker 7: I did not expect to get teary eyed at the end of Adam Sandler Special so good.
Speaker 1: It was like and like, I you know, who knew.
Speaker 8: I love I love jokes, I love punchlines, I love jokes, and he had a lot of really good jokes and then he did the like towards the end, he does this Chris Farley thing that was like it was it was like touching but also funny. You know, like which is really hard to do, and I think people take that for granted, like people can sometimes just go emotional and think that's like, oh that's easy, like not easy. They're like this is effective, and I'm like, no, that's easy, that's emotional. But he did in a way where I was like, oh, it's it's touching and funny.
Speaker 1: Have you seen it.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it yet. I've not heard it nonsense to reach ten minute freestyle. I'm more amazed at the amount of text and perfection in the because the way that it's it's it's presented. You know, he does like silly songs with his guitar, so like it's almost like vignettes is like joke song, joke song, joke song. But first of all, it's done in a format that's you You remember how Chris Rock's thing was like four different es, so think of that, but like on steroids and the amount of songs that he did, and like again Neil Brennan was like, dude, watch watch Sandler. I guarantee you're going to watch it probably fifteen times in two weeks, and you're gonna do like maybe four or.
Speaker 1: Five like hyperbolic.
Speaker 2: Over the top endorsements and just out of the fire. It's like, fuck you, I ain't doing that shit. And I put it on and then instantly like I started grabbing my I was like, no, I'm not going to do it. Like I held back the longest of doing some glowing ship. But I almost it's like the Rihanna record, like I don't want to over I didn't want to overpraise it to the point where Adam Sandler would like think, like, wait, so you're really saying like you thought I sucked all those years and finally I.
Speaker 1: Got good one. But this is what Rihanna ended up doing something like that.
Speaker 2: No, Anti I was, but like I purchased the records as a DJ that needs to spin the song on the moment, not as.
Speaker 1: As this thing. I never thought that, you know, I'd actually jamming Orianna. Yeah, Like I put it on just I want to listen to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's I mean, it's like it's it's so good. It's I don't know, I loved it so much.
Speaker 5: What do I think as a oh, I'm sorry, I was, No, I was actually as a comic comedian.
Speaker 1: What is comedian a comy? Which one do you prefer.
Speaker 2: Out to is it bad for us to have the comedian the comedian media in the media on.
Speaker 5: The guy and I can't remember his name, but Jared Carmichael direct this specially on HBO.
Speaker 1: Michael, it was no audience. What did you think?
Speaker 8: I'm friends with both of those guys prefaces. I hated it. I absolutely hated it. I think you, I mean, the audience takes out all the risk. Like if you don't have an audience, it's not like you don't know the stakes, you don't feel anything, you know, like and David told us about remember, And it's also like the way it was paced, he didn't even leave room for relax, so like he didn't pause enough to be like, this is the end of the joke. And I felt like not having an audience there and like cutting to like those skype conversations or whatever they were, which were mind numbingly boring.
Speaker 10: I feel.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like it now I want to see it. But I mean, like I hated the chronics.
Speaker 8: So it felt it felt like he did he didn't like. I feel like he didn't think he had the punchlines to land, so they went no audience. I mean, I don't think that's why they originally did it, but like that's where it went to. And I don't know. I just you need an audience, you need someone there.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it again.
Speaker 5: I've been best. I wanted to get your take on because I enjoyed it. But I always thought, what another because it's like, would you watch def comedy jam without an audience?
Speaker 1: Not because was he? Because the audience was such a big part of the Yeah, everybody jumping, like.
Speaker 8: Comedy is in music, you know, like you need Like it's not that you need an audience there, you just taking the audience.
Speaker 2: Away is but do you not feel like rules need to be Here's the deal I talk about this. Chris Rock is trying to figure out, like what's his next move, and so I've made a list. I was like, well, here's things that have never happened before. I never heard of a studio comedy album like without an audience, and I never knew this thing existed. And I told him, like, why don't you try like greatest hits like you covering other comics. I thought of every idea that a comic could do that hasn't been done yet. I feel like that rule could be broken. Like I feel like Bob Newhart could have pulled it off.
Speaker 8: That rule could have been broken had he not put in those skype conversations. Those skype conversations felt like, uh, okay, this joke ended, I'm going to go back to this this weird thing. It was like, No, it's still needs to be stand up, you know, it still needs to be like you have to be like I think one of the things that's good about stand up is that your vulnerable upstate on stage by yourself, you know, like you are and you're putting it out there and you're dictating how people react, and you know, like when you don't even give them time to do that, it's like, I don't know why I'm here. I don't know why I'm watching this. It almost seemed like he didn't want us to laugh at it, which I'm like, that's not the purpose of this, the purpose of comedy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna watch it again now, like now I have your take on, I'm gonna watch it with your notes in mind.
Speaker 8: If you want to hear what I have to say about Nanette. I have ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it.
Speaker 8: Is the worst comedic thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It is so bad.
Speaker 1: First of all, how bad is it?
Speaker 8: She goes in there, and she starts off with like a couple like soft jokes, Like one of the jokes is so hacky.
Speaker 1: I want to like, what's the joke? She goes, She goes, he explained what hack is I always hear you guys.
Speaker 8: Says like something that's been done a million times, you know, like it's I don't know, I don't know enough about music to relate it to something.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, So the joke is, she goes. She goes, people say, comedy isn't the best medicine. Uh, penicillin. That joke was written the day penicillin was invented, and it makes me so angry. I wish penicillin wasn't around. And then then she goes on to be like she goes on to be like, uh, comedy is not good enough to tell my story. It's like, no, bitch, you're not good enough at comedy to use it to tell your story. You're discounting how hard comedy is. And then she goes, she goes, jokes only have a beginning in the middle. It's like, no, jokes have a beginning, in the middle and an end. The ends are hard. They're really fucking hard. They're really hard to get, and she's she just can't do them. That's why she's not doing Wait.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the lady from down Under with your class that everybody's raving over.
Speaker 8: Terrible. The worst comedic thing I've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen is the name of the show's no, No, No.
Speaker 8: She thinks she's still in this and it's like it's everyone everyone praised it. It's like it's this big emotional thing. It's like it's easy to be emotional. That's why there are a million actors. It's very hard to be funny. That's why there's like a couple being generous, a couple dozen comedians.
Speaker 1: I wonder if this is.
Speaker 7: Why I don't like Tupac that much, because Tupac was very emotional. I don't really think he was a great rapper.
Speaker 1: No, he's not. He wasn't a good MC.
Speaker 2: I think people were in love with Bishop yeah and carried the feelings of him and juice over.
Speaker 1: To give me food for thought. Oh, I made it very easy to be No, yeah, we done just like thirty years later. So what what's like a good said I'm about to get shot.
Speaker 9: Some people real passionate. Still I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think the people are real passion about that ship, Like piece of Niggas is old and I ain't nobody doing that. So what's like like your example or for you, what's like a dope stand up? Uh, like comedy special or just someone like you?
Speaker 8: Like? I mean like I I like a lot of the people that I'm a big Dave Chappelle fan. I think everything he does. The stuff he's doing right now, I think is some of his best stuff ever, which I think is saying a lot because he's done a lot of great stuff in the past. You know, I've always been a big Chris Rock fan. I really want. I like that he's asking what his next thing is, like trying to hear it.
Speaker 1: He's trying to figure it out. We went to see Bill Burr. First of all, who knew? Who knew that Bill Burr could sell out the mass. I'm not really surprised he's done it.
Speaker 8: Before, Like he's he's Bill Burr is one of my favorites too.
Speaker 1: I think like Bill's like the last bro.
Speaker 2: You know that he's the last white comedian or the last he explained that I was trying to When we went there, I thought he was going to be in baby msg like the Paramount Theater. Yeah, when we went there, it was like it was like the Purple Ringe concert is about to start. Like I saw people to the and I was like, there's no way that Bill Bird is selling out Massive Square Garden.
Speaker 8: And one of the most impressive things about him is it's just because of comedy. He's not a movie star, he's not a TV star.
Speaker 1: Those aren't breaking bad fans, they're not coming up from Britain.
Speaker 8: They're just like he's a hardcore like yeah, he's done little stuff here and there, but they're hardcore comedy face.
Speaker 7: He's got like a ton of specials on Netflix, right, yeah, yes, And I just saw him.
Speaker 1: He was just in something.
Speaker 8: He was just in some movie, some screen on Oh he was in The front Runner.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was in that. He was in that, and that was cool, I thought.
Speaker 8: But it's like a little part. It's not big, you know, like it's it's kind of Chappelle in the same way where he does little stuff here and there, and yeah, I mean, I don't know. I was a big Joan Rivers fan. I love that she she never pulled a punch. That lady was always out there, I mean whatever she wanted to say. I think if she were alive, Trump would not have gotten elected. She would have punched him.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 8: Right, So like and she was, she was on the Apprentice. She and she's someone that like she she her bottom line is money, you know, Like so she sins the jewelry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean I have a I like jokes. I like strong jokes. I like people that like really try to be funny in a unique way that hasn't happened before, which is getting harder and harder. But like come up with new premises and new takes that it's hard to do now.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing that. So all right, So Stephen Wright doesn't tell jokes, but he's funny, like to use.
Speaker 8: That Steve Right does all Steve Wright does one liners. So it's I mean, it's a long string of jokes. It's not anything in depth.
Speaker 1: This is so weird. I thought you would be team Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, what are you denying Team Brooklyn the way that Brooklyn ny eight?
Speaker 1: I would deny Neil Soul like nah Man, I listened to you. I'm a UK fan. We work with Project. Here's what we work with Project fans.
Speaker 8: There is there is definitely room for all comedy. The all comedy I think sometimes it's done in Brooklyn these days is like not, it's still not good comedy. Like the ultimate all comedian is Adam Sandler, and he's up there doing music. He's got a guitar, he's got videos, he's got Rob Schneider flying in from in a way that like you were like, if you hated Rob Schneider, you were like, I love this guy. Never like I mean, I've always been a Rob Schneer fan, but like he he did a thing where I was just like, this is the funniest thing. And I feel like he riffed a couple of lines that both made them both crack up. Rob but one of the great Adam Sandler is an alternative comedian. But the problem with a lot of this stuff is happening in Brooklyn is none of them are as funny as that he's explaining us.
Speaker 5: What's the difference between Brooklyn comedy versus Manhattan comedy.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's a lot happening in Brooklyn right now. That's just like a lot of people in their feelings that are like my problem with a lot of Brooklyn comedy right now, it's a lot of white women telling you what you should be offended by. Like, so if you make a joke like there's like a lot of good jokes surrounding like either race or like tensions that are happening in America right now, and white women will go, you can't say that, And I'm like, I can't think of a more white woman thing then to tell people what to be offended by, you know what I mean, Like we shouldn't be laughing at this. I was like, maybe let let the people that the joke is about decide that you start making up all your rules and then going back to your Brooklyn apartment that used to belong to a black family until you price them out.
Speaker 6: Not for nothing, but it's been an interesting year for the white woman and her nose being in business, right it's yes, white white one.
Speaker 1: The business is the white woman's natural habitat now.
Speaker 6: It happened to me like a week ago on an airplane when a white woman said to me, she said, uh, yeah, you know your bottles belong under your thing.
Speaker 9: I said, oh, are you a flight attendant and a passenger?
Speaker 8: She said, well, now why she said, your bottles?
Speaker 6: Blood had bottles in a bag duty free from Jamaica coming from Jamaica, had bottles in the air thing and the top thing, and I was moving them aside. So, oh, you want to put your bag there, It's fine, she said, you know what, technically you know your bottles should be under your seat. That's what she said to me. And I said, really, are you the flight attendant and the passenger? And then she said, well, I actually fly like once a mom, so I kind of know.
Speaker 1: I fly once a week.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, my mom was a flight attendant boy three years. I don't know shit, Like, but is this is this white lady woman.
Speaker 2: You got barbecue Becky the exactly I got barbecue Becky in my building? What I got the like, the the my super my, my bookman. He was the white bookman. I got him fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like and another one the dust yo bo. Wait guys, okay, we've been in forever. Sorry, we got in on one note.
Speaker 5: Okay, because I feel like we'd be remiss if we didn't at least mention the Kanye five or just the Kanye fuckery, okay.
Speaker 1: All of it. I listened to all of them. I gave him my honest listen, you know it's weird. Tianna Taylor is my favorite joint.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 1: That was the one I wanted to be on. That was what I was waiting on. I thought it was. I like three joints. Okay, so you you fell for fel you like push your t put I thought to push. I thought I thought push I had some joints on it.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I thought push you had some joints. I gave none of them any of my time.
Speaker 5: I thought push push, I like Hart part piano. That was my joint on the push out. And then what came after that it was not was now I was after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was after that.
Speaker 5: It wasn't ship on that is christ Yeah, yeah, I ain't no, I ain't done that. Then part two kids, he goes that she was just weird.
Speaker 1: I ain't funk all that. Then it was nas No then uh Taylor. She it was a couple I like, and I'm a fan. I like the first album. This album was dope.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to shout around because she finally put.
Speaker 1: An album out. Yeah, so the second one was the firstnother one your.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, it was just yeah, this ship, it was just a bunch of mid man So is there ever coming back to ghost Town?
Speaker 1: Ghost Town?
Speaker 8: Ghost Town song on one song on his album, on his album.
Speaker 1: We didn't even commit to memory the I played that ship one time and I was heard the same week as Black Dots You or something like, Yeah, they came out the same day. Yeah, I was like missed. I mean I was bumping read ship, Like, Okay.
Speaker 8: I always think about when I listen to Kanye. I always think, like, because I have someone like my running playlist, and I'm like, does he realize he's making music for white women to run to?
Speaker 1: He would love that.
Speaker 5: That would be like the most, the greatest you know what I'm saying, endorsement that he could receive.
Speaker 1: He would love that. Well, sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What other things have happened? I forgot that my Feelings Challenge and Drake and the Drake and almost pushed your tea skipped all that too. Uh you know what's the weirdest thing for me? Like stinging Shaggy, Yeah, that was weirding. Here's the thing though, Okay, so we we it's not weird, it's all right. Here's the deal. I feel like through Shaggy, Sting was finally allowed to be the Jamaican he always wanted to be.
Speaker 5: Me.
Speaker 1: Man. The police put out on called Regatta the Blanc.
Speaker 2: That's I mean we did when we all right, so we did a gig with Stinging Shaggy where we were the band, and I was trying to figure out, Okay, how did this this arranged marriage become? And the thing was they have the same management and they are actually like personally cool with each other. They're they're friends. And so during that performance, I was like, yo, like these two are actually like their own like Lauren Hardy situation like it I can see.
Speaker 10: It, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean that was terrible Stinging Shaggy.
Speaker 5: Hey listen, man, I wasn't there and it wasn't me. It wasn't me, all right, The Saggers didn't do bombastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did it.
Speaker 9: Like you all know you hate it?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, dog, it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: Saved my life, Like the money that it wasn't me made that probably fun that things fall apart.
Speaker 1: You had you Oh okay, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: No joke, like they literally said, like all these videos we let you know, shooting this toy, support this shagga of money.
Speaker 9: Can I ask before we go one more question?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: So out of did you guys have a favorite QLs episode of twenty eighteen?
Speaker 9: I didn't even get the.
Speaker 1: Question out, Sun, I'm so excited to answer right now. I like the Stinging Shaggy episode we did.
Speaker 10: I feel like the.
Speaker 1: I personally enjoyed the Patrice Russian episode. Yeah. When was the Great Filling Games episode that was this year? That was ary? I think right? That was yeah, yeah, probably my favorite. Yeah, like my favorite two parter is.
Speaker 2: I think the Great Filling Games episode to me was, you know, he knows how to tell a story and you know, one one episode with Stevie one there, the other was Michael Jackson and Quincy and it taught us a lot. So I'll say that between Greg phill and Gains and PATRICI Russian, that to me was like, So, Michelle, what would you like to see in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Besides an impeachment?
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know if I want to impeach me, because I don't Mike Pence is worse maybe.
Speaker 1: And if you get rid of him then you got Paul Ryan.
Speaker 8: No, he's got he's he's but still it's gonna be replaced by someone terrible.
Speaker 1: Lindsay Graham.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I just want people to start being like honest about stuff rather than taking sides. You know, Like I know there's like a huge division right now between right and left. It's like, let's just like be really honest. We've destroyed the world. Climate change is a real big thing that we need to focus on. Yeah, there's all these like little crisis, but like, let's just realize as America how first of all, how racist we are, and like start like start trying to like build us back up in a way. We're like, yeah, these are our problems. I would like tune out the nineteen to be like an airing of grievances, all of our problems. Nineteen a year of Festivus. We're like, these are all our issues. Let's get him out in the open, let's finally talk about them.
Speaker 6: I don't want to session no more. Please, I don't want to hear about women's secession no more.
Speaker 1: Really bothers me, women's secession, Yes, what.
Speaker 6: I mean, what was I don't want to hear about voting, and I don't want to I don't want to hear like about women the right to vote. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: Oh, the succession of suffering, suffering I had that's when the South decides to succeed from the United.
Speaker 8: States, and a couple of drinks, which might also happen.
Speaker 1: I don't want about that.
Speaker 6: Don't worry about that either. But no, women's suffrage no more. Black women couldn't vote for another hundred years. White women don't really understand that that hurts to stop doing that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it would be really nice if like white women finally all right, So, so like I I think a big thing with like me too right now? Is it like it's white women in particular are looking for to get like something to happen to things that happened to them in the past. You know, they're looking for some sort of punishment for things that happened in the past. I was like, that is not how you move forward. First of all, if people are looking for punishment for things that happened in the past, you got Black people their receipt is way long, and black women their receipt is so long. So you're gonna be in a line that's way, you know, like you're gonna be waiting a real long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I want people to start being like, this is the ship that happened. How do we move forward? How do we make things better for everybody?
Speaker 9: Michelle Wolf, especially like.
Speaker 8: White women's like wrap her heads around the fact that, like, you have been part of the problem.
Speaker 1: Please watch at least watch the first hour twelve. You slave, You'll get it.
Speaker 8: You get it, like it's like it's like you you weren't victims this whole time, you were living in a cushy, air conditioned house. You realize you are part of the problem.
Speaker 9: And you can make it better now, you know what, Michelle Whip. That's it. That's what we got.
Speaker 1: That's the ticket. That's it. That's the ticket prompting circumstances. I don't know, but get it all right?
Speaker 5: Well, Michelle, I thank you for coming on the show. That was awesome our day after Festivus and Steve, how was that check?
Speaker 1: By the way, it was great, It was great. I want to give a shout out to the Sugar Network. Big year for us, right, big things. So the year of the Sugar Network. All right, no shut up Man for real movies this year.
Speaker 7: Watching that can add one more thing. Yeah, we spent like five minutes talking about music. This Michelle and Diggio was my favorite album.
Speaker 1: Of the year listening.
Speaker 9: Thank you Bill for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was dope album.
Speaker 7: And I think it's no coincidence that no song on that album was written past nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's the best album of the year. Don't nobody know how to write a fucking song anymore? Oh yeah, I think that deserves the thing. Yeah that motherfucker.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love you, but come on, Boom, we gotta do better.
Speaker 7: So wait, getting tired of him releasing the next chapter the Eight Ship Nigga Diaries because the album.
Speaker 5: My ship is the marsh It right now is Griselda, Benny Conway, the Machine, uh west Side Gun, Benny the Butcher. It is like Cuban links on to like the tenth power, Like it's just a nigga. It's just straight dope and coke wrap over like dark ass even.
Speaker 1: Normally does it used to be in flip mode?
Speaker 5: Uh? Oh Roy Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, even more than that, it can be more visceral than like I love it. It is like the destruction of our community to the greatest music of the y.
Speaker 8: You're looking for some more not new recommendations from your friend Michelle will I would say, el O, all.
Speaker 1: Right, now, you're on a show where people that we actually know that I did.
Speaker 8: I did a one run this year where I listened, I made a playlist and there's a ton of Ello on that, and every time they came on, I was pleasantly surprised and always not sure if it was a new song or a song I had just heard.
Speaker 1: That was deeing right, definitely heep down inside.
Speaker 2: I think Steve and I sort of agree that Ello is the greatest Beatles cover band of all time. That's all all right, Well, I gotta I gotta wrap up the show, y'all, or else it'll be twenty nineteen. Anyway on behalf of Boss Bill Unpaid Bill, who just went out to give some cigarettes.
Speaker 1: In uh like and and uh you know.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: Hurry up and wrapping up before she gets going. Oh yes, and I thank you very much of course.
Speaker 2: Love Supreme is a production of iHeart Radio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.