Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 4: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuans see DKNG dot CO slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, back to the show, Back to the show, Back to the show.
Speaker 2: All right, Oh Joe, uh, huh, we got We're gonna We're gonna move on hopefully. Huh at some point in time, this thing gonna dry out, die down. We we we moved rapped to the top of the genre. And so uh that's something that's something for us to talk about over the next six weeks to who's gonna get involved, who's gonna drop and were gonna see what's happening. There's another news wide receiver room in the NFL more star power for the Miami Dolphins. The team just to one year deal with Odell Beckham junr, adding him to a position group that already features five time All Pro Tyreek Hill and Jaln Watdall, who posted three since the rookie season, three straight one thousand yard season to start a career. The deal is worth three million dollars with incentives that can push the max value to eight point two five. Hell and Wadle have been the most productive wide receivers tannem since joining forces in twenty twenty two, but no receiver behind those two has eclipsed thirty two catches in either of the past two seasons. Miami reliance on this star duo became apparent late in the season when both Hell and Waddle battle through injuries. As an NFL insiders reported, Cheese were appealing to wide receiver Odell Beckham.
Speaker 1: Junior, money one right, money one right over there with They were probably trying to penny pinch. They were trying to penny pinch. So what made more sense to me? To me, well, you get you can get more here down in Miami. Obviously we have no tax. And then the offense. I'm not saying we had packed him home, but we have a quarterback by the name of Tua who is a Smoean warrior who is a fishing as well when it comes to throwing the ball. As you can look and see what Jaylen, Wado and Tyreek have done since they've been with him. You add Odell Beckham, who is still very very very good at what he does to that offense who are probably playing the slot most of the time and will dominate short intermediate routes and on short intermediate routes. If you watch Odell throughout the years, he can still hit his head off the gold post from anywhere on the field, Sholler routes, slant routes, he can go deep steal. So I'm excited. I'm excited, and all that offense just got a little bit scary because there's nothing wrong with Odell at all. Obviously played with the Ravens last year.
Speaker 2: I mean he's not.
Speaker 3: He's not the same.
Speaker 1: Sin, but he's not in the way we can put up those type of numbers as well. Now we have to remember that as well. How are you going to.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying, I'm not saying he needs to put up a thousand.
Speaker 1: I'm saying he's still listen, let me let me let me say something real quick, and this is what all due respect everybody, eighty percent Odell Beckham, even with the injuries, is better than ninety percent of what we have in the NFL at receiver. Right now, do you.
Speaker 5: Agree to disagree with me? Are you're just say do you agree to disagree?
Speaker 2: But he's eighty percent? But but no, because context matters. Eighty percent of Odell as the third.
Speaker 1: Is he's not a third option receiver. It's just based on wait, let me, let me, let me finish, base is staying and injuries that have happened, we are thinking he's a third receiver. To me, we're getting a low end one or two that we're seeing as a three because of situations that have occurred throughout his career.
Speaker 5: He ain't nowhere, dear, he ain't no goddamn three.
Speaker 1: Ship, no, sir, oh in this situation. I see what you're saying. But I'm telling you, I'm telling you what he's not. Yes, I'm telling you what he's not because what he's how so, how he what.
Speaker 5: And knowing what he can and what he can't do, that's all.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 5: He wasn't in Baltimore. In Baltimore, the.
Speaker 1: Plays that he made, he wasn't throwing the ball enough to show you that he can still do what he I know he can do it because I know there's nothing wrong with him.
Speaker 2: But oh, Joe, he's the third option. You're not looking at that. You're going thinking, Okay, if that's just for the sake of argument, there's no there's no Jaylen Waddel Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get what you're saying. I'm just telling you. Even he even if he's a three, he's the three, right, most of the most of the balls, there's only one bowl to go around. Yes, most of them are going to go to go to Tyreek. Yes, some are going to go right Tyree. That will get He's going to do the most with Let me say that. Can I do that? Is that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean he had I mean the last couple of years he had what he have He had five hundred, He had less than six hundred. Last year, I think he had less than six hundred with the with the Rams. He had three hundred with the little part of Cleveland. Yes, no, I would say his last year because remember he got traded at the deadline. He missed the year, so you know that that Super Bowl year he missed the year, and then last year. So it's yes, the problem of OHO is that the injuries. We don't get health there as we get older. He's had he's had the ACL Yeah, he's had the broken ankle. So to ask and to expect, I know what he once was, but I don't believe he still possessed that. And now he's the third guy in a situation. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm glad people are thinking like that and including you. That's a good thing because I want when we go into the season, I want teams that are playing the Dolphins, I want them to view Odell as a goddamn third I want them to view I want you to put your goddamn third and second corner. So let me, let me finish, Let me finish. I want you to put your second to your third corner on Odell. And when you get cooked every goddamn game, then you get it better. Understanding. We're gonna touch on this again when the season starts, when Odella is out there cooking with Tyreek. Remember the god damn twenty twelve Arizona Cardinals. H remember that now if we see if we get that again this year in Miami, Remember I told you first, Remember Chad, Remember I told you first. Goddamn Odell, Tyree and Jaylen Wattle will all have a thousand yards just like the goddamn twenty twelve Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got to twenty twelve. What year was that eight or something?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wait, I'm sorry, I got my damn years all wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes, in another word, you said put your third, So you wanted them to put the first, the second corner on Odell and then put the third, second, and third corner on Wattle in Tyreek.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, it don't matter what number corner you put on either of the three. It don't matter they got. They gonna get washed anyway.
Speaker 2: You know where the coverage is going, Ochoe, you know who gets the coverage. It goes Tyreek, it goes Wattle, it goes That's how it was when he was So let me ask your question. When he was with the Rams, who got the number one corner? Cooper Cup or Odell Cup? So when he went to Baltimore, they got the got the number one, right, So when he goes to Miami, who's gonna get the number one corner?
Speaker 3: One? Here?
Speaker 2: Three, ten, ten yees dai. Yeah, I'm not so, I'm not saying. I'm not saying Odell can't go be productive. But do I believe he'll ever be what he once was?
Speaker 1: I do not. Okay, let's you know what I love making best with you because you you and the hole you in the red right now? No, I bu how you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I bet you O'Dell have a thousand yards this season.
Speaker 1: Bet understand you do you understand when it's a passing league. Now, have you seen the Dolphins offense? They throw the ball one hundred times a game. Yeah, you just said Tyreek is getting double right, Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Tyreek's gonna get I think on average, Tyreek probably gonna have one hundred and seventy let's just say he has. Conservatively, he has one hundred and eighty targets. That means Jayleen Walla is gonna have about one point fifty three. Now he's only gonna throw five hundred times.
Speaker 1: So you go to the O'Dell Beckham can do more with less. He can do more with less. He's in a past, he's in an official Well you know what, there was a passing offense, and with with Saint Louis as well, I mean Los Angle. I'm sorry, this is the past. This is the passing offense. They gonna let that thing rip. I'm telling you now when they want to win, when they go into games and teams say, you know what we are taking away, Tyreek, come hell of high water no matter what. Yeah, okay, I'm telling he's gonna eat Now.
Speaker 2: I want to I want him back, I want him to have success, but I just don't see the opportunities that's gonna be presented to him.
Speaker 1: I just explained it to you. Yeah, I understand, Okay, seventeen seventeen game season, right, Hey, Breesing, Brees and Breston what was his name? The third the third receiver for the car even the third option. You know that he had one thousand yards. You know that, right? Yes, okay, all right, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. But turn it in.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: When you look at it, you look how I don't think Fitz got the number of targets that Tyreek did, and the second option didn't get the number of targets that Wattle did.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They were so good, Listen, Odell is so good at the catch. Jayson Watto is so good at the catch. That's why I keep saying, when even when it comes to short intermediate routes, od They're gonna hit his head off the goal post on a shallow he gonna hit his head off the goal post on a slant. He can take. He can still still to this day, because we saw him do it in Baltimore last year, taking a slant and go to the house. He can still do that. Yes, even with the injuries. Now, I know because the circumstance, because of the situation, you're a little older. Now you're coming to the Dolphins. Everybody's going to see him as a three. His skill set is not that of a three, even though that's what he is going to be.
Speaker 3: That's all you do you believe?
Speaker 2: Do you believe he still possessed the same capabilities of twenty eighteen pride to him breaking his ankle?
Speaker 1: You think physically, okay, that that would be him at one hundred percent right now, even after two ACL injuries. Because of his skill set, it's a little better than everyone else's. He's still like eighty five ninety. But that is very good.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, So let me ask your question.
Speaker 2: Do you believe Odell is a top twenty receiver right now as we you and I have this conversation Top twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, God damn right, no disrespect?
Speaker 2: Oh like that?
Speaker 1: Come on now, don't do that. Come on, don't do that. Don't go sho top twenty. Come on? Oh hell oh we talk? Time out? Time out? I got to walk off real quick.
Speaker 2: Hold on, get ahead, Teed, y'all believe Odell top twenty receivers still right now?
Speaker 1: Come on now, huh, come on, man, you're gonna you're gonna dish, You're gonna disrespect, like.
Speaker 3: Just asking a conversation top h.
Speaker 1: I had to walk off, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's what we can do it right now. Okay, hold on, let's go down. We can have a conversation right now. Okay, Tyreek is he better than Tyreek?
Speaker 1: No? Keep going, keep going?
Speaker 3: Davante Cooper Cooper cup.
Speaker 1: C d Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the two guys from Philly, uh Smith Smithy And what's the other big receiver name A J.
Speaker 1: Brown? A J.
Speaker 2: A J.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to uh, let's go to the A F. Tyrie Davonte Jalen Jayla Wattle. Uh, you still believe he's better than your uh? Uh?
Speaker 1: Who we got? We got? What's the guy?
Speaker 3: The guy from Tennessee played with the Texans.
Speaker 1: The hot the hot, Oh yeah, hey, the hot that boy. But listen, the hop probably one of the best cat past excuse me, the hop is probably up there with Chris Carter and Larry and Gerald as one of the best pass catches of all time.
Speaker 3: Mike Evitts, Mike Cavats.
Speaker 1: Mike, Mike missed consistency. Okay, what number?
Speaker 3: What number you want? What you on that?
Speaker 1: What number?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's my hey, that's my boy. That's my boy.
Speaker 2: Uh the guy from uh the Lions, I mind Saint Brown?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, where we at? Where we at now? What number you're on?
Speaker 2: Three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven twelve, I'm at twelve right now?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Come on now, yeah, come on?
Speaker 2: You like?
Speaker 3: You like him better than Brandon?
Speaker 1: I you?
Speaker 3: Oh, I like you?
Speaker 1: I like that that we got?
Speaker 3: What about Debo? Okay?
Speaker 2: What about Keenan Allen, DK metcalf, Take Dale, Nico Collins?
Speaker 3: Which one you like it? Okay? What about the guy? Hold on? What about the guy in the Jeffs? You love the guy the Jets?
Speaker 1: Garrett Wilson, Garrett Wilson, Okay, where we at now? Where we at?
Speaker 3: Hold on? Olave? So right now?
Speaker 2: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, oh, seventh, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen.
Speaker 1: We're eighteen right now? Okait? Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase I ain't even putting it in that yet, right right? Oh, you was waiting on purpose? I was. I did.
Speaker 2: I did because I was waiting on you to say the one he better than that one. Okay, So now I get JJ, Now I get Ja mar Chase. Okay, what about you guy Pittsburgh, George Pickens. Oh, we like George.
Speaker 1: That's my dog.
Speaker 2: So now we're at twenty one. That's picked. So we had picking. Okay, okay, what about you, guy Baltimore. That you raised about last year was Flowers? Say Flowers, Zay, that's twenty two. We're at twenty two right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, stop right there, stopping you at Okay, we have twenty two players, right, yes, think about the opportunities. These twenty two players are afforded to be in that top twenty two.
Speaker 2: All I ask you, I asked you. I said, you hear what I said, Oh Joe, Oh Joe, No, that's not what.
Speaker 3: The question was.
Speaker 2: I said, Oh, Cho, do you believe as we sit here and have this conversation, yes, said OBJ is a top twenty receiver.
Speaker 3: You got up and walked off.
Speaker 2: I just put twenty two guys and you and I didn't put Tankdale and I didn't put Nico Collins in there. I did not put Amark Cooper in that list. That's twenty five got about cool. I know you did, but I didn't put him in. I didn't put the I didn't put Pittman up and up in the ending. I didn't put him in there. I didn't put Drake London in there. So I'm just asking you, dj MA, I didn't put him in there.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, honestly eighty percent Odell even at.
Speaker 2: Even that's not what you said.
Speaker 3: That was not the course.
Speaker 2: Chat y'all hurt, Chat, Stay with me, Stay with me now, that's not what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Chat.
Speaker 2: You heard me. I said, Oh, Joe, and you and I have a conversation. Do you believe Odell is a top twenty receiver? As we sit here, you saying I got to walk on.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I don't think you know what I think? You know what this is?
Speaker 2: This came back and you came back in India, we said.
Speaker 1: We we have forgotten. How good and transcending. Oh there was with the fact that.
Speaker 2: We're yes, yes, we are really forgotten. I don't forget nothing. I didn't I didn't mention McLaurin.
Speaker 1: Or Johann Dotson. Yeah, okay, all right, go ahead, you all right, you're right, you're right, all right, all right, bet you got you got. I'm gonnat you gonna let you have that one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you have that one.
Speaker 1: I'm not again. I guarantee you. I guarantee you when the numbers look different this year in Miami, and he had a thousand a thousand some yards along wat Remember I.
Speaker 3: Said I want him to Hey, we didn't.
Speaker 2: And you know you love all those young receivers in Green Bay especially, Oh my god, I gotta walk off again.
Speaker 1: Oh you talked about your boy, your boy, young boy. Hey that trio, that trio in Green Bay. Yes, oh, them boys so nice.
Speaker 2: Man. Oh and I didn't put your other guy. I adn't put Tea, I ain't put t Higgins.
Speaker 1: Oh oh hey, hey, I don't like see. I don't like when you break shit down like that. Man. And now you got you got you got my back against the wall, man, god Lee.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. These guys, I mean the league. I mean because like you said, it's a passing league. These guys, all these seven on seven caps. All these guys are technically signed, can run the route. So Joe, you remember when you first when you got in the league, he was on a handful of guys.
Speaker 3: Not all these guys shaking people up.
Speaker 1: Hey, can I tell you something? Yes, all these guys that's in the league right now running rouse Yeah, ain't none of them still run rous like.
Speaker 2: Me, Devonte, Davonte, Davonte, Of all those guys, Davonte and Keenan, Keenan Allen, I think Davonte and Keenan that of the group that we named your best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, cool, cool, cool work. Coop one right, listen, Hoop one rops now. But what I would love to see I would love to see because I'm not saying he's a product of the system and what McVeigh does, because you we've seen Pook and the coople come in and do the same stuff. Is as far as numbers, I would love to see outside of that that scheme, right, can you do it off the muscle like Keenan Allen. Listen, We're gonna line you up like Marvin Harrison or like Jimmy Smith. We're gonna put you on the right side of the ball.
Speaker 3: And we ain't.
Speaker 1: We ain't finna put Hey, we ain't finna put your in motion. We're not finna condense your split. We want you to just get open. First down, second down, third down, no matter what. Yeah, but again, Cooper Cup oh Man, he's a fucking magician, ship hell Hunter. Renfrow is a goddamn magician, you know, I mean, just oh Man, brilliant.
Speaker 2: The receiving core, the tight end core. These guys are getting better. They understand they have to be better because there's more of a passing league. And the more pass you can catch, and I mean the more you can help the offense, especially from a tight end standpoint, the better you are. Guys are not Look the likelihood they're a handful of guys. You get George Kettle. George Kittle is the most complete.
Speaker 1: Tight leader because he can block me well.
Speaker 3: Block really well. He's like a gronk.
Speaker 2: But you see more guys like Kelsey, you see La Porter, you see Howkinson, you see all the Mark Andrews, the likely those guys. That's that's where we're headed, right, that's where we're headed. Well, ain't headed. We're already there now. Yeah, but look, I hope I just want ob J to be stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Still wealthy.
Speaker 1: He will because I'm waiting. I'm helping him find a place here, and I'm gonna I'm gonna be Odell's nutritionists. So we talked a little bit. We sat down. We're gonna have a meet. We're gonna have a meeting tomorrow. Uh Me and Odell, We're gonna sit down. We're gonna talk. We're gonna come up with a game plan to ensure that can play not just a seventeen game season, but he can play the playoffs after that. So I'm mapping everything out. Matter of fact, that's what I was doing before the show. While I was watching a fight, I was getting everything together for Oh and I'm finding my place.
Speaker 5: I'm as realtor. I'm a nutritionist, and I'm gonna help him.
Speaker 3: Rail is realt huh real real?
Speaker 1: No, I no real, I work for real. You know I got my real estate license, right man?
Speaker 2: You and you've got a driver's license, let a low heap. As a matter of fact, you ain't got a fisher license.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not. I'm not sure you didn't know I have my real estate license. When I got with her, she made me take the courses in the classes. I passed the test.
Speaker 3: So I'm working.
Speaker 1: I'm working under her.
Speaker 3: You got fishing license?
Speaker 1: Fishing? No, you know I don't fish. I don't like to be. I don't like that water. Now, I know you ain't got yeah, I ain't like that water because you know I get sea sick.
Speaker 3: You know you can shore fish, right, huh? You know you can shore fish.
Speaker 1: I ain't ain't putting my feet in that water. Ain't You don't know? You'll know what's in that water? Now? Should should I hear?
Speaker 3: Florida bite you ojo? Sure?
Speaker 2: Fish means you stand on the You stand on the banks and fish from the shore.
Speaker 1: Listen, the only bank simmer stand on it is the banks of Jordan. That's it.
Speaker 3: Joker here, lak, I bet, I.
Speaker 1: Bet nobody in the chat caught that one. You gotta be old school.
Speaker 2: Bat.
Speaker 3: Joker here boy.
Speaker 2: The Lakers on Friday just miss Darwinham after two seasons in which both ended and losses to the Denver Nuggets. He went the playoffs in both seasons, and last year he went to the Western Conference Finals. The next high for the Lakers with the fourth coach in seventh seasons, they didn't bring back Luke Walton after this third season. They can Frank Vogel after the third season in the season in which he won the championship, and not Hamm. Who do you think the who do you think they turn to next? If the Lakers are hoping to talk to Tilu this offseason, the Clippers may getting away and block the Lakers from talking to him.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: The problem that I have is that you don't accomplish anything by keep changing coaches. You add out no continuity. You got a different voice every two to three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, how about how about this? At what point does the organization? At what point do the players take accountability? You know what, it's us, It's us. How about Lebron and AD? How about Lebron and a D. I love Lebron and AD and I'm sure they probably gonna text me and curse me out for this, But how about when you lose a series? Instead of underlying and throwing the coach under the bus, how about you say, you know what, this is on us? Yeah, this is on us. What we can't do and we can't allow the media to do, to allow the weight of the pressure on our failures to go on ahead, coach, because he's doing his job. He's not on the court. We're on the court. We're the ones responsible bus going home. That's it. And it has nothing to do with Darwynham. That's I mean, that's that's that's that's just me. That's how to save my coach, because you know, players get coaches fired. You know, you know that's saying players get coaches fired, and we didn't live up to the expectations that are used to.
Speaker 2: Look, what I don't like is that they gave up an awful lot to get Russell rest Brook. Only two people thought that would work, Lebron James and Anthony Davis. No I thought it would work too.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: No, it's not about life.
Speaker 2: You got to see how this thing blends his style of play, that style of.
Speaker 3: Play, their style of play.
Speaker 2: Nobody, no exact nobody that's on television that do this right.
Speaker 3: But what you gave up to get him.
Speaker 2: You gave up all your draft compensation, you gave up depth, you gave up a cool, you gave up a KCP. You let Caruso walk, who was your best wing defense?
Speaker 1: I like Russo, he good on defense.
Speaker 2: So now everybody to put this on the head coach. I'm sure if you'd asked Darvin Ham, Darvin Ham will say no. I mean, first of all, Frank Bogul would have said no, Darvin Ham, damn sure would have said no. But a D and Lebron, a D and Lebron Russell Westbrook was in LA because A D and Lebron wanted that to happen, right, And when it blew up, it got Frank Bogel fired and they got no draft compensation because they could have had Demart de Rozen. Demargin Rozen came on and said he would be willing to take a pay cut to play for the team that he grew up watching.
Speaker 3: But what did they do?
Speaker 2: Gave up all their draft capital, all their depth and signed Russ and his camp contract handed capital because it was two years and over ninety million dollars. So let's not put this on Darvin Ham. If Darvin Ham is Darvin Ham ever gonna be thought of as pat Riley or Phil Jackson. No, No, but this is not on Jarvin Ham. See every this is what I know about the players, great players, a lot of players. Everybody wants to be coached until it's time to actually coach it you gotta Hey, you know, you blame somebody else, And I was wonder the guy somebody else make a mistake because I could take it. Hey, sharp, you got to do that. But my my got to make the play.
Speaker 1: I know who he's trying to say. Look, you, I mean they are coachable, right, You're not saying that not coachable? Are you? No?
Speaker 3: Everybody I think that.
Speaker 1: But based on their resumes and what they've done throughout their careers, I would say that that there there has to be some some some coaching where they become sponge like and they actually listen. No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think the thing.
Speaker 2: I just think the thing is that at some point in time it can't we can't keep blaming coaches.
Speaker 1: Coaches, right player when the organization? When do When does Rob Plinker? Did I say that right, Rob Linka?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Blinker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, see I know my ship ship Rob Plinker.
Speaker 1: You know you know you know what that's on me. That's on me. You How about you get in front of the camera like Jerry Jones, just one time. You know what this is on me? It's okay, do it.
Speaker 2: Most general managers are going to do what the best players suggest they do. They got kept. Kevin Durant went to Golden State because Steph Clay and Draymond signed off on it. Right, had they said no, it wouldn't have happened. If A d and Lebron says no, we think we'd be better served with someone other than Russ.
Speaker 3: Russ wouldn't have been in La Okay the Bootenholzer.
Speaker 2: If if if Joannis didn't want him gone, he wouldn't be gone. If Adrian Griffin forty three games in the season, he's thirty and thirteen, he's gone because that's what Johannis wanted. It's as simple as that. This is not no shutting thought. No, everybody knows this. Y'all know this in the chat. It's really it's really that simple. The only guy that couldn't get bullied two guys couldn't get bullied Jared Crouse and pat Riley, right, because.
Speaker 1: Everybody that Jordan wanted to get Jared.
Speaker 2: Croft said no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: Right, that's crazy. Pat Riley says no.
Speaker 2: Pat Riley empowered, Eric sposure, whatever y'all do, we'll lose a daw. Y'all gonna do it with him because I ain't coming down, and when I ain't fired him, so y'all decide figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, supposed to suppose a great coach man, No truth, super I'm about super duper super duper stars and continuency, making it to the playoffs and getting it done right.
Speaker 2: You know, you see, well they have an opportunity to get get get uh, Kyrie. I don't know if they had their assets to get it right. You're having no draft compensation. That's the thing. Now, maybe if you have kept that draft compensation, maybe you have enough pieces now to give h Brooklyn. Okay, we'll give you two three first rounders. We'll give you solid players for Kevin Durant. Impair him with Anthony Davis or whomever somebody else.
Speaker 1: Who are dained.
Speaker 2: Now imagine you got Dame, you got first round picks, and you got.
Speaker 1: A Coops and some of these other guys. But that is Look, he's gone. Now.
Speaker 3: What they should have done is hire ty Loo from the jump.
Speaker 2: That's who Lebron really really wanted, Tylu, but they were unwilling to give him the deal.
Speaker 3: They wanted to.
Speaker 2: Make two years and then oddtion like, no, I want five years, and unfortunately I don't believe tyl Lo's gonna win with the Clippers because this best player is always hurt come playoff time. We got balking knees and he signed Kawhi. They know that's a bad contract. But they're going into a new building next year, and you got to have stars, stars making.
Speaker 1: Putt put fans in the seats. Yes, well, what about what about JJ Reddick? I saw his name in the pot too well.
Speaker 2: I saw that that the Charlotte Charlotte Hornets were interested in JJ Reddick. Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought it was the Lakers or both.
Speaker 3: That was the first I just heard that recently.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people have trying to put two and two together because Lebron is doing the podcast with JJ, so they're trying to theyre trying to connect and maybe that I didn't really look at it like that.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it, but I just don't think you can just keep hiring coaches. I just don't think that's conducing for winning. Name somebody that that they had how many head coaches in last seven years?
Speaker 1: Four? Yeah, the cycle will continue to repeat itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Lonzo Ball had exercising player option for the twenty twenty fourth season, locking in his salary at twenty one point four million for next season. The decision was a no brain of giving a Lonzo hasn't played since January of twenty twenty two, done problems. He's undergone serious procedures on the troublesome left meat, including cardless transplant in twenty twenty three. They can transplant cartless.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, we just talked about We just talked about that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't I fity gona get this song?
Speaker 1: Ye? You can't. Hell he did it. I mean, but he younger. You're younger than you.
Speaker 5: You want you want to open up, open up your knee.
Speaker 3: Then they're gonna put some cartnage in there and and have me up there jumping.
Speaker 2: Put this forty inch vertical over y'all again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forty eight forty oh forty Now you know you ain't had no forty in vertical. Now, come on, man, don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Free time, stay champed in the triple jump?
Speaker 2: Three All right, show me some footage three times old joke. I mean, look, that was a no brainer, considering you haven't played it all gonna by the time the season run around, it's gonna be two and a half years since you last played. You know, if you were to opt out, you're not getting twenty one million. So the best thing you could do, Hey, let me get this because moving forward, he probably gonna be on a one year deal where he had on every year he proves himself and then bag. No, no, no, I can't give you another bag based on this history. These needs like might go out at any time.
Speaker 1: So you don't think if if he plays and plays healthy and proves himself, you know, throughout the entire of the year, the chances of getting a new deal a big bag is not possible.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, not with his injury history.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see what you mean. I see what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I hope he can get back. I hope he can get back on the court. I hope he can. You know, heal up and uh show and plus you know a Laco and they took Lonzo. They could have got Jason Tatum, they could have got they could have got Garon.
Speaker 1: FOUGHTX Lakes, could have got Tatum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they took they took uh, they took uh Lonzo.
Speaker 1: Bam hm hm damn.
Speaker 2: So they they've made some mistakes. They've made some mistakes. They let Caruso go. He was your best wing defender. What could they do this year? They didn't have anybody that could really stay in front of Jamal Jamal Murray. Yeah, they struggled. They struggled. They struggled with point guards uh Shay, Darren Fox, any point guard that had any level of speed, change the direction.
Speaker 3: It was a problem for.
Speaker 1: Damn Lagasy be Back.
Speaker 2: Cowboy fans are reportedly mad at Michael Parsons wrestling at Sumo Wrestling Tokyo. Clips of Michael Parson taking on a sumo wrestler during the trip gone viral the first round. The first round obviously didn't go exactly as Parson c J Stroud clown Parson with a too small gesture with the sumo wrestle mimic as well. Quickly, Parsons quickly asked for a remak to time pro bowler came out with extra force.
Speaker 3: Around two.
Speaker 2: After a few seconds of struggle within the dojo, Parson was able to shove his opponent out of the circle. Parson referred to return to favorite said too small even posted a clip on Twitter with a triumphant caption. One thing you won't do is disrespect the lion and think I'm not fit. The Lockhead wrote Parses on something happened to ojo Feed. Now, I used to watch.
Speaker 3: Sumo.
Speaker 2: Used to they used to have the summer dojo and the spring door uh uh bar shows when the the sumo wrestlers and they try to go, you know, try to get the rank thosekis what happened o j ojo feed just went out. I can understand, you know why people upset. It's like, bro, you guys went out in the first round and it was it was in bad fashion and uh and they were very upset. But I just think, if I'm Michael, I'm gonna be cautious. If I'm gonna get hurt, I'm gonna get hurt doing football related stuff. But at the end of the day, these kids young, they think they're invincible. And he says, this is my offseason. I can do what it. I can do with it what I like. I just I'm just gonna be careful, I'm gonna be I'm gonna if I get hurt, I'm gonna be running forties. I'm gonna be training to do football. You know the bag bend in the edge, running around the tire, things of that nature.
Speaker 3: But fortunately for him, no injuries. Poor.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think? Y'all upset it? Y'all upset that Michael for doing in that Okay, ocho the internet? Do you see what happened when you're cheat? Yeah, I hear you. You're back check you sure?
Speaker 3: I hear you?
Speaker 1: Ojo Hey, okay, okay, you give me and you know, you know, my neighbor, my neighbor, they tried to block me off. They God damn wi Fi man.
Speaker 3: Yeah they should.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I'm you know, I'm using I'm using that ship. I'm using the hotspot from the ship.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of sumo wrestlers, about a month ago, I think its about a month ago. The most the most famous American sumo wrestler. His name, his gift birth name was Chad Rowan. His sumo name was Akey Bono. He passed away. I used to watch him and to Kanahannah with ConA Hannah. Uh.
Speaker 3: I used to love wrestler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's it's an interesting sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, we throw a little salt war to spirits off.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But why why fans upset about michaelh doing smore wrestling.
Speaker 2: Because I get hurt, get hurt. If I'm get hurt, i'mnna get hurt doing more stuff. I mean stuff football related. Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't live your life like that. Man. You can't live your like Mike. Mike. Michael is young. Michael's young. He's enjoying himself. It's the off season. Uh, he's he's training right now, even though he is in Tokyo. It's is the time you you you sort of you gradually build yourself back up into getting in the in the planing shape or as as far as concerned, like we're in we're in May now, you get yourself into O t A shape, so you know, doing a little more stuff.
Speaker 3: They're gonna come to U O T A because he ain't got no contract.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's right up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know you're working though you know you're working.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'm not worried about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's I think that's that's that's neither hear nor there. Just just having some fun and join the culture out there while you're in Tokyo. And he wrestled too. He wrestle in high school. Yeah, in high school. So just need to hear no there. I think he'll be fine. I I enjoyed the video was cool. It was cool as hell, cool as hell to see that.
Speaker 3: Oh, show your tweet with today Travis Hubbins.
Speaker 2: Someone said, highlights tell us as the cornerback, and he said, I want to watch the video and tell me a straight place that Travis Hunter is a wide receiver at the next level. Yes, sir, he's a wide receiver at the next level. You're showing what we call instinct film study.
Speaker 3: Clay.
Speaker 2: He's a two way player. He's not gonna play two ways in the NFL. Not to start.
Speaker 1: I have a question. Yes, what did Champ Bailly do when he came in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Not not immediately, I mean he had a few plays.
Speaker 1: Okay, stay stay with me now, he did he did it?
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: What did Charles Woodson do when he came in the NFL yet plays? Okay, what did he do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He had more of those plays when he was in Dallas? Yeahywhere else?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: And then eventually he was straight Charles got no more plays offensively.
Speaker 1: Right right right, right right right.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just too hard.
Speaker 1: It is too hard, especially at the highest level. But again, for me, I just didn't like the fact that we're saying, oh, he's a DV and he can't play receiver when he's very good at receiver as well. He's a he's a two way player. And what we saw in those clips that the guy play Clay, I'm sure you're probably gonna see this, what we saw in those clips, his film study and a person with a very very very high high IQ when it comes to watching film and knowing what's coming because of that film study. He's a ball hawk and he's good at what he does on both sides of the ball. And again we can we can show clips of Travis Hunter playing receiver as well and showing he is elite at that position as well. So it all, it all depends on what he wants to player or what he's more comfortable with as far as when he goes to the next level. The fact that he's able to do both is at a pretty damn high level. I think it's really good.
Speaker 2: I think for me, I think he's better suited to play defensive back. I watched him. It's not like he doesn't get off the ball. Oh Joe he can't get off press. He's just using an appleticism at this point in time. If you can't get off press, you ain't going to the next level to learn how to get off press. You better learn how to do that before you get there.
Speaker 1: It has to already be installed in you. You got to work on the offseason. Yeah, but listen, those those those are things that you can fix. Because he's so he's so agile, he's so quick. His quick twitch fibers are really good. So you get him down here with somebody like Goldfy Global, or get him out here with some people out here like a receiver factory. Man, they get that together. In about two three months he come up. He'd be out there slicing the dice.
Speaker 2: And now I think, oh Jo, I think me personally, I think he's gotten away with receiver just on the athleticism, right right, right right, I think because like you said, his instincts are better at corner. What you what he has, you can't teach that gold feet, not sweet feet, not any kind of feet. What he has the way he can play two bout one, and the way he can he can h and cover two, he can fool you and then sink and make it pick, come and get it, y'all. You can't teach that on Joe. That's God given. God gave him that ability. Yeah, you're right. You can work with people. They get you to understand the nuances. But most route, most people that can get off press, they were good. It's just the little technical things that they work on to get better, to understand how soon to get skinny, and to not give him your entitled Never play square, always play on angles. Never go straight down the man. I'm on left shoulder, right shoulder, but never down in the middle of the man.
Speaker 3: Don't let him put two hands on. Hey.
Speaker 2: The moment he do this, you chop and go one side of the other. There's things like that. Don't let go hey, don't let him ride you because a lot of times the guys get on your hip and they'll ride you right out of bound and the guy gots to make a perfect throw. No, the minute you get outside, you squeeze him back and now you stacky right.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can teach you that b o choke man, you know, getting off that press, that's God given.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a different that's different. But I was saying, I think I think he will be able to learn and get good at it simply because he's so goddamn athletic. All it is is just it's about learning it. Understanding. You got to be quick, but not in a hurry. And I think he'll be fine and understanding, like you just said, understanding leverages what the man is taking away from you, and then you'll be fine. That's what I think. But listen at dB, he's phenomenal. There's there's a young fella. There's a young fella out of Atlanta, and and and and those that play football or play DV that are in the chat, correct me if I'm wrong. I think, huhrel no, no, no, no, no, no, he's a trainer dB training. I would, yeah, I would. I would love to see Travis Hunter get with him before the draft if he does decide to play defensive back.
Speaker 5: I think his name is Oliver Davis. He trains a lot of the dv's.
Speaker 1: Out there and out there in Atlanta, and Man, when I when I talk about he starts you from scratch, he starts you from scratch from day one and and take you all the way through no matter what level you are. Man, he got them young boys playing like there in the league. From a technical standpoint, honest, oh man, it's just to watch it. You just just to watch him work and to watching him talk, talk to the dvs and talking through stuff.
Speaker 5: Man, it's it's it's fucking art.
Speaker 1: It's it's art.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think I think his name is Oliver Davis. I could be wrong, but dude is brilliant, brilliant. I think.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Based on his athleticism, I think he'll be better at dB and then once he focuses solely on dB. Because you have to understand time. All the guys you mentioned was much more technical coming out at their position than what he is.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Champ had feet on top of the feet.
Speaker 1: Time was time. Yeah, time was time.
Speaker 2: And then you know what he you know what what he was what He later transitioned to safety, but he played, but he played. He went to safety, but he still played the slot. I think once Travis, because Travis is bigger than you think. He tall, he likes six two sixty three, he'll I mean, he's a big ass kid. But just watching him and the way he moves and with his arm land the way he can play, I think I think he'll be better. So I think he's gonna be I think he's gonna be a dB. Right, Okay, I think he's gonna be a dB.
Speaker 5: Listen to me. I think it's a win win either way. Either way it goes.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, based on what I've seen so far, Tracking can play both sides of the ball. He can play matter of fact, he can come train with me, he comes chain with me, he can play receiver. I lock him up, he can play dB and I route him up. Either way it goes.
Speaker 2: But for the most for the most part, though, if you look at the guys, they were like running shallow cross or the run god routes.
Speaker 3: They're not running.
Speaker 2: They're not running comeback they're right skin, Yeah, can they.
Speaker 3: But there's a difference.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to play consistently both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh no, consistently.
Speaker 3: It takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it takes from the guy too good. You got the too good you talking about the best of the best. Oh no, I mean you ain't. You ain't going again. You ain't playing Alabama one week and then you play vanderm and then you play Austin p Georgia something nothing, No, disrespects what Austin p When you play in the NFL, you get top you you getting top dogs in the dogs every week.
Speaker 1: Even listen, even if the team is bad, even if it's an OPHA team, it's still some top dogs out there.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, hell yeah, all right, Oh your nine time for Q and A.
Speaker 3: We got a.
Speaker 2: We got a graphic there we go foally got our graphic back.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's it's late, it's Itin's almost three o'clock. You ain't notice. I ain't fighting for my life tonight.
Speaker 3: You done took it now. You probably slept here, you know, because I know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: Villain's hero said, why does o Yo do things like a female where he manipulates the situation when he's wrong with half true just because he's over emotional with call.
Speaker 3: More transfer transparent? You fig what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: I think he's talking about the Odell situation because we were talking.
Speaker 1: About hey, hey, hey, hey, that's how I feel. Don't tell me how I feel. Don't tell me how I feel. I feel. He's still top twenty God damn.
Speaker 3: It until I listed twenty five.
Speaker 1: I ain't like that part. I ain't like we did it. I ain't like when we did that, because I ain't like when we did that that put things into perspective, and I didn't want to see things and I didn't want to put things in a perspective. I'm still I'm still seeing Odell from twenty eighteen, and that's that's I'm gonna keep that vision.
Speaker 2: Tarti Rocker asked why y'all never talk about track and field? Both of you claimed to love it. In Texas high school state meet. You have four teams that ran on the thirty nine. Normally will we talk about we talk about the UH, the Olympics, we talk about the World Championship. But I did see as Casida they ran thirty nine I think thirty nine one four, which is the second fastest time. They also have the first fastest time in which they ran. I think they ran thirty eight seventy six. Early this year they beat Duncanville again for the class. Say also saw the four by four that ran three ten. I think, if I'm not mistaken, so it's just uh.
Speaker 3: And I saw this young lady that broke the steak.
Speaker 2: I think she broke the steak record into a negative head win. She ran eleven twenty one and the guy who asked us, Yeah, the guy from Ascasita into a negative head win. He ran ten one nine. So if you get that win behind him, going the other way, he's probably gonna go nine to nine something.
Speaker 1: Pull on and high school running at ten to one, ten one nine. Yep, oh he got he gotta see me.
Speaker 2: He'll actually going to he going to LSU on the track and a football scholarship for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn that boy moving black.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, uh, but you know the boy yeah them boy school. I mean, like I said, you go to Texas, or go to Georgia, you go to Florida, and you come to Cali.
Speaker 1: They running Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they gonna lay down some blistering times for you. But ask Casseda, Uh the sixth say, I think they wanted they won the team state championship because they won the four by four and the four by one.
Speaker 3: And I know that guy.
Speaker 2: I saw him when the hundred meters and a ten point ten point one nine, So congratulations, ask Casita. But yeah, we normally talk about the Olympics. We're gonna have a live that we're gonna cover the Olympics this year. We normally cover the Olympics. Well, we don't normally, but we're gonna do it this year. This is the first time that we've had nightcap during the Olympics, so we're gonna do that. And when it rolls around and have the Championship of the World Championships, which we first started in eighty three, we're gonna cover those as well. So hopefully Tony, you're okay with that. That brief coverage of high school street tracking to you.
Speaker 3: Landy Red.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys just got to say, let's go wolves. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still that you still think about to this day.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing moment that I still think about to this day. And that's a good one. Embarrassing moment, you know what, And that's a good go ahead. You got to take that one. I'm trying to I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think myself, what did I do?
Speaker 1: Damn kind of had a few embarrassing moments. Yeah, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Were they uh? Were they were they? Were you just embarrassed and nobody else knew about it? Or were they public? And that's what made it more, That's what made it embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, public embarrassments. That's even worse. Oh, that's even worse. Trying to think.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think on on the plane, I can be honest before before flying out obviously, you know, I get to the airport.
Speaker 1: I like to get to the airport early, about two two hours early. I always go to Lakaretta. There's a Lacaretta in the airport. I get to cats so you already know. I get that.
Speaker 5: Coffee and assistant to be able to before the flight.
Speaker 1: So what you think Once I get in there and I'm going anywhere over three hours, you know, I get a little gasy. Sometimes it's an embarrassing that nobody else knew about it. But the person next to me they knew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you busted it next to somebody, Oh yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ain't know. It was one of them silents, you know what I'm sold. I mean, because it could have come to.
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 5: How we we we It's a plane.
Speaker 1: Full of people.
Speaker 3: You know, it's low cross. You know that they ain't come from the back.
Speaker 1: Hey, but listen, and so it's not funny, but it's kind of embarrassing because they be sitting there reading or doing something and just you know, you don't want to look over at them, but at the corner of my eye, using my peripheral vision, you can see them do like this because they don't really want to and you know you're on the plane, so you really can't go nowhere. I mean, to me, that's an embarrassing moment because they probably know what came from me, but don't want to say anything, because what do you tell someone that just parted on the plane in the middle of the air at thirty two thousand feet. That's disgusting, that's embarrassing. It's not discussing that. That's human nature.
Speaker 2: And the first thing they do, first thing they do, like I ain't gonna know, they reach up there and turn the little vent on.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did that?
Speaker 3: Know that?
Speaker 1: Come home? I mean, if that's somewhat embarrassing, that's somewhat embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I already know foods that will make me. I don't need them. I don't need I don't I don't. Hey, I don't partake right, I ain't going to the bathroom on no plane.
Speaker 3: That ain't happening.
Speaker 1: You got it, you got it.
Speaker 2: If you got to know, I don't got to do nothing. I can hold it for at least ten hours, so I'm good.
Speaker 1: You gonna not pee for ten hours?
Speaker 3: Man, I could go pee.
Speaker 1: I ain't going to pool.
Speaker 3: I ain't put put my butt down on that that cram be crammed.
Speaker 2: Are you talking?
Speaker 1: You don't got to put your booty on that. You when you go to the bathroom, you take the goddamn tissue and you're lay it on top of the toilet.
Speaker 3: I ain't gotta go. I'm good, I'm fine, fine, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you trip it?
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, I leave, I lead, I do it before I leave the house.
Speaker 5: I'm comfortable number two in public. I don't care where it's at.
Speaker 1: NA If I go to a restaurant, and this is how you know if a restaurant care about their customers. If you go to a restaurant and they got one plat, don't don't don't shit there, don't ship there because you funk around, you wipe your ass, and you have ship all on your hand. Now you go to a restaurant, five star restaurants most of the time, the capital toilet toilet shithes they have they have two plaque, they got two plat. You enjoy yourself and take your nice ship.
Speaker 2: I don't give them paper towels. I don't care if they got hand towels. I ain't taking no dump at no restaurant, nasty.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to give you. I'm just trying to get you.
Speaker 3: Don't give me nothing. I bet I won't go out the eat with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm giving you boo boo etiquette. I ain't nothing wrong boo etiquette.
Speaker 3: I can't even, I can't even, I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, some things are just beyond poopa, Like at poop in a stadium, I see people go in the stadium. How you going to the bathroom in pooleague? Oh whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: If you go to a football game at halftime, you don't take time to poop before you go back to watching the third and fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You ain't man. You ain't living. Man, You ain't living, man, You ain't living. Hold on, You ain't ver been to Walgreens or Target and you gotta use the bathroom. Why you're going up and down the aisles and use the bathroom at Target, to wal Greens?
Speaker 5: You ain't living, You ain't you ain't living you living.
Speaker 1: Listen, you alive, but you ain't living.
Speaker 2: I already know how to make myself go to the bathroom. I drink me a little warm water before I brush my teeth.
Speaker 1: I one water thro your sistant making use the bathroom. Yeah, okay, I ain't never heard that. That's new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I go before I leave home.
Speaker 1: I'm straight, Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't eat nothing funky. I ain't gonna eat nothing hot. I'm not gonna drink any milk, eat no cheese. I'm not gonna drink I'm not gonna eat any apples. Right, okay, Hey, we'd be somewhere joyany grabbed by two or three apple?
Speaker 3: Tell my bons man, you are what I say I should do?
Speaker 1: Not wait apple making use the bathroom too? What apple? Yes, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't do nothing to me anytime.
Speaker 2: Like when I have surgery, they like sharp, you know, because you know they give you medicine. All Like, Hey, I tell Shelly, go give me some chocolate, milk and an apple. Yeah, man, I had an old choe at last surgery I had. I had a powerful I had to hop down off it.
Speaker 1: Y'all. Don't tell nobody else that man, you got too in the chat man whatepp. Hey, hey, I had to have me like a glass.
Speaker 2: I had this this solo cup about three quarters away full with uh with chocolate milk. And all she had to do was just cut. I just eat the apple, the apple peels. I can eat the whole apple, but I just ate, just cut some slices off the apple. Piel had to hop down off it.
Speaker 1: Die. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all, man, y'all, diy this. Hey, somebody said the apple away, keep a doctor away.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I don't mess with no apples. I only eat apples at my house, and I only eat them at a certain time.
Speaker 1: At night. I oh, oh, no, oh.
Speaker 2: I would never eat one at night. I gotta get up out that bad cook. Okay, thank you, passing gas and boy, and if you have to have somebody to complete the whole room, oh no. I eat the probably about three o'clock in the afternoon in the morning, but I don't eat them. I don't eat if I'm going somewhere.
Speaker 3: I don't fool with them. Okay, I definitely eat an apple.
Speaker 1: You think I eat an apple at nine o'clock at night?
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, that's a delicacy, you know, having fruit.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could never do that. No, my system, My system is on overdrive. I already know, right, Okay, yeah, I don't have no apples, pears, peaches like fruit like.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: I stay, hey, I stay in my house. I got you. I'm gonna let you have that one, no choke. So y'all have a good time, y'all fruit.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, Dinnis Boris said with Mother's Day next Sunday, what was the gift you got her that really made her happy?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 2: I got her CD changers, uh, CD charge change of stereo and a bunch of CDs from the sixty that took her back.
Speaker 3: Took her to Tony Roma's for dinner.
Speaker 1: At my mom.
Speaker 2: Oh man, well, it's actually Mother's Day every month for my mom. Considered she get a check. I'm trying to think I brought a Mercedes. But most of the time, my mom, my mom's simple. My mom just want money. My mom don't want anything. She don't want anything. Now she want money because you want to go to the racetrack with her girlfriends and they you know, play the slot machine. That's that's what my mom want to do. My grandmother for Mother's day. I bought her one year, I bought a a necklace O ho. And it was a diamond and a cross. It was gold, but it had diamonds inside of it. And uh and I remember she looked, she looked at it. She looked up at me. She called my sister in the room. She said, Libby. She said Libby. I said, Libby, granted call you. He came in there. He told my sister. She said, you see this chain. She said, yes, ma'am. She said it's pretty. She said, it goes in the ground with me. My grandma never took it off. I gave I brought a watch. I brought a watch at local drug store. But the band, I don't know if you was before your time, but he used to have a band people oldert probably my age to understand.
Speaker 3: It was Krystal Flick so you could like twist the band.
Speaker 2: It was just like a rubber band, but it was it was like a like a metal right, and it had big numbers and it like you know, you look at it light up. She told my sister, she said, this necklace and this watch go in the ground with me. And we we bet with her. Wickets were better in it. So that was probably the greatest gift I've ever given somebody because of what it meant, how she reacted when you received right.
Speaker 1: And I think the greatest gift I ever gave my grandma probably probably probably probably a vehicle BMW. I'll never forget BMW seven forty five. I and seeing the look on her face, seeing the look on her face, my mama, I bought her a BMW as well, three thirty I, if I'm not mistaken, no little drop top. And I bought a purse and inside the purse, she opened the purse and I had a little a little dog, a little little a little toy poodle. But it looked like a chicken wing. It was so little. It looked like a damn chicken wing. And I never forget that, man. And you know, my mama's very very theatrical, very flamboyant, and she just hollered and cried and and fell out, and oh man, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: That's when it one of one of one of the greatest greatest moments man, seeing their faces and smile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get them gifts, and I mean, hell ship, I'm.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe, you know when you like you know, I already knew because like my grandmother, my grandfather. You know the ring. You know, back then it wasn't really no diamonds. You got a band, right, So my grandmother really never had any expensive jewelry and she was okay with that. I didn't expect for to have that kind of impact. I knew she would like it. It was a cross.
Speaker 3: Grandmother was religious, so I knew she would like it.
Speaker 2: I thought, I didn't, you know, I didn't get the one I originally thought because I thought that would be too and I knew she would have thought that would be too goudy, too ostentatious. But I didn't expect the reception that I got because I started to tear up because now she thought so much of it, and she never took it off right, and so to her wishes, she went in the ground with it. So those are special moments that you you never forget. Dereck Junior said, some y'all, I'm twenty five, just got a new job of the warehouse, and I'm happy, but also struggling with thoughts because I know I have more potential any worth of advice. Yeah, until you Potentially just means you haven't done anything. Bro, what do you have that potential in?
Speaker 1: You gotta tap into that shit exactly?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, O yoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just saying, y'all, I'll let you finish whatever that potential d is. You got to tap into it. You saying you have potential, but you can do it? Is what is your niche? Find out what niche is, and then it won't even be work because it's something that you love. Find out what you love, tap into that motherfucker and lock in.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple. I mean, do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: Oh, stay right there, or or you gonna hit me with one. Think I ain't got my goddamn no fad.
Speaker 2: So I think that's the thing. People like I got so much potential. Potentially just means you haven't done anything. Okay, what is that potential in? Okay? What are you doing to cultivate that potential? I mean, everybody has the potential to do something, but if but if it's not plannet, if it's not harvested, So then what are we.
Speaker 3: We all play with?
Speaker 2: God had so much potential, more potentially, what we had.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, what good is that? We say that? Man?
Speaker 2: Hey, tell him, tell him I was better than you. Okay, Bro, that was twenty five years ago. I'm retired. I'm tired from the NFL.
Speaker 3: And you never met your potential. So you proud of that? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So hey Derek, Bro, you got to tap in. Bro, you got to find you got to find what that potential is in and then travel down that road. But that doesn't mean you quit your job. Bro.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Lil said, what's up, Uncle o Shoe? My name is Khalil and it's my eighteenth birthday. Appreciate everything. Thanks for the amazing podcast, Lil. Happy eighteenth birth Khalil, Happy eighteenth birthday, Bro, keep up the great work man.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday. Bray, you know what to do tonight?
Speaker 3: Bam? What's up?
Speaker 1: Unking? Know yo? Love?
Speaker 2: Y'all tune in every show where would y'all ranked y'allselves in an all time tight end and wide receive a list?
Speaker 1: I'm number one? What you mean? Number one? I'm the greatest entertainer that has ever graced the NFL, ever been on the green grass. Ever greatest entertainer ever, not all the other accolades and all the other stats. I don't care no about that. That ain't why I tried to make make it. I found my lady and I stayed in it. The greatest entertainer to ever don a NFL field anybody else. If you disagree with me, let me.
Speaker 2: Know me personally. I loved my career. I didn't think at any point in time that I would have the career.
Speaker 3: I just looked.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to make the NFL make enough money that I could take care of my family, my grandmother, give her, get them out of that situation, keep them out of that situation. As I started to get better, I was like, Okay, what could I possibly be. I remember in ninety seven Mark Kissler, he was a writer I think kids still right Truck, Denver. He came up to me and said, you can make the Hall of Fame. I said what he said, Yeah, you have a couple more years like this, you can make the Hall of Fame. That was the first time I ever even heard about it, because in ninety one we played who do We Play? If I'm not mistaken, we played Detroit in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Game in Canton Okay, hey, man, come.
Speaker 2: On, bro, I'm a seventh round pick. Seventh round picks don't have no dreams of playing in the Hall of Fame. I'm sorry. We just hoping we can make the team, and so we're just like, man, damn because at that point in time about you, I had gone to so I had gone to five straight Pro Bowls and had been to three, had been on three All Pro teams. But I'm not thinking, I'm it really never dawned on me. My mind never went to Hall of Fame until he brought it up to him in a conversation in the locker room. As a matter of fact, we're walking off the field, and you know, but everybody called me sharp.
Speaker 3: He like Sharpe.
Speaker 2: You know, with a couple more seasons, you can make the Hall of you can you can be a Hall of Famer. I'm like, really, it's like, yeah, So that was really the first time that it ever really dawned on me.
Speaker 3: But I'm okay, wherever you rank me.
Speaker 2: Five, I think I think uh Gromp had better career than I had. I think Kelsey obviously had a way better career than I had. H Gates. I don't think Gate gets enough credit, Gonzo. But I'm good. I don't even I don't even worry about it. I did what I did. I did. I think y'all know from the way I talked, in the way I'm so motivated. I got everything out of my God given ability. I couldn't have got I couldn't have. You know, Hey, I wish I could have stayed healthy like Kelsey, but I miss I missed a season due to injuries, not one season, but over the court.
Speaker 3: I missed sixteen games.
Speaker 2: So do I have maybe another thousand yards instead of ten thousand, I have eleven instead of eight to fifteen. Maybe I have nine hundred catches, But I don't think that. I don't think that changes anybody perception of me because I was the first with seven hundred catches, the first with eight hundred catchers, the first with nine thousand yards, first of ten thousand yards, had all the records.
Speaker 3: But I'm good.
Speaker 2: Guys come along and they at some point in time, these guys is gonna move down. But hey, my kids will a little be able to look back and say, say, you know what, guys, my dad had all these records. My dad is in the Hall of Fame. Or be able to go see my grandkids. Great grands will always be able to go see that.
Speaker 1: So I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good Where I am? I am? Oh Jo, I'm content?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Even if I wasn't, I can't e't nothing I can do about it now, ain't.
Speaker 2: I can't go back and catch you anymore passing, no touchdowns, no catches, no yard I can't do nothing, no super Bowls.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm better than good.
Speaker 2: Freddick Klay fifteen said, what's a bother? No, Joe still patiently waiting on La Portie. It was supposed to ship in the April, not being pushed back to mid May. Is there anything that could be done? I wish that something I can tell you. Just be patient. I appreciate your patience. Bro, Hopefully you're on the list that mid May. We just got a shipment in fifteen hundred cases. But Bro, that's uh. I kind of let them handle that. But but I'll check, Fred, I will do that. I'll check. But that's the best I can tell you. I mean, I can just tell you what they tell me that they're doing the best job they possibly can. We did not expect the demand to be what it is we didn't think. We didn't know we were going to be able to activate as many states that we've been able to activate with California, Texas, Florida, Virginia on the horizon, and Maryland all within the next three to five months. So I just asked that you give a patient be patient a little while longer, and I greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Bro, appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Go back, Oh man, where we at?
Speaker 3: Okay? Time living? Don't Joe?
Speaker 1: Hey, it's talk about three o'clock. I know I'm good though, because I took a four hour nap during the day.
Speaker 3: That ain't no nap. You went to sleep.
Speaker 1: No, it was only four hours naps.
Speaker 2: Normally riding around somewhere between twenty and thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: That ain't no nap. That's like a long blink.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for joining us, Thank you for standing up late. Wasn't it another episode of Blackcap? Please make sure you hit that like button. Please, please make sure you hit that subscribe button. And thank you guys for selling out Shave by Laportier Again. I ask you for your patients. We're taking pre orders, but we're getting shipments in twice a month to try to meet up demand. We got the distillery over there working at capacity. Bro. That's that's really all I can tell you, guys. I'm sorry, but thank you for being patient. Please make sure you go follow my media company on all this pages, on all this platforms, Shay Shape Media at Shae Shaped Media. Have a clothing company at eighty four Clothing, and that's spelled eighty fourth. Eighty four is spelled out. Oh, your cigars back can stop, so make sure you go clear him out again. That's eighty five cigars dot com slash shop. That's eighty five Cigars dot com slash shop. Canelo Alvarez gets a unanimous victory. O behind Me Munguia uh one sixteen one eleven one fifteen win twelve. Cat Williams was sensational again. He's Cat, what do we expect? And the Timberwolves go on the road steal home court away from the defending champs Denver Nuggets as they win. Ant Man had forty three in a victory. And we'll see you guys tomorrow night. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five rock Runner extraordinary Bengals Ring of Fame, honoree pro Bowler, All pro Liberty Cities on chad O Jo Sinko, Risotto Johnson, We're out siege tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Good night.
Speaker 2: The volume