Speaker 1: Okay, you're in it. It is Brooke and Jeffrey, and you found the Second Date podcast, the official one. So thanks for being with the real us and not the one where they, you know, steal our audio and then put weird AI pictures.
Speaker 2: Oh well yeah, and get more vis than us.
Speaker 1: Why am I in so many sequence in those AI pictures too? It's very strange because I don't actually have many in my wardrobe. But before we get to the episode, alexis, what do you see in comments?
Speaker 3: I mean, speaking of weird eye photo, John Hernandez said, I feel like they're making Brooke more and more like a grandma and these.
Speaker 1: To no. Lie, Okay, find the official site. That's really my picture maybe.
Speaker 3: Where she looks the youngest.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, because it was taking five years.
Speaker 2: Ago, the more real it is, Thank you, jose.
Speaker 1: If my eyeballs are magnified, you know that's actually me. All right, let's get to your episode right now. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 2: Eating alone at a restaurant isn't necessarily taboo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be really nice alone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, A lot of people enjoyed dining by themselves because it can be very peaceful, reflective, very fulfilling experience.
Speaker 1: Still have to share.
Speaker 2: Especially it's especially fulfilling if you loudly moan after every single bite you take. Oh my god, oh yeah, oh my god. Have you guys tried this?
Speaker 1: X planter?
Speaker 2: Later, pass my plate over the table there, they need to take a bite of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, you may be someone who shouldn't eat alone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, one of our listeners, Lauren, is also comfortable at a table for one, and curiously, that's how she ended up meeting a guy the other night. Oh so it works out in a whole lot of ways.
Speaker 4: Lauren.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I want to know, Lauren, is it something that you do often going out to eat by yourself?
Speaker 3: Actually? Yes, and I love it because I'm kind of a foodie.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm kind of a drinky so yeah, but it's good that we.
Speaker 1: All usually past tense for that drunk.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is comes in liquid form. So you went out by yourself the other night to.
Speaker 3: A restaurant I did. It was this super nice restaurant in town that I've been I've really been wanting to try it. Yeah, and I heard really good things. But it's super hard to get a reservation, even for one, even for one.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's how you know it's good.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly. I went there the other night by myself, hoping that you know, I could do a walk in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah with one person. That's kind of reasonable. Like sometimes you can scope the bar and one person leaves, you just slide on it.
Speaker 3: Exactly when I go up to the host stand and they told me it was almost a two hour wait to get a table.
Speaker 1: Who You're like, I don't take up much room exactly like a chair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll just leave whatever's left at somebody's table once they get up stall on.
Speaker 1: Wow, so did you wait or what did you do?
Speaker 3: So this is what happened. This guy he overheard the interaction at the host stand and he walks up to me and says, you're only one person. We have a reservation for four, but one of our friends couldn't make it.
Speaker 4: Want to join up? Wow?
Speaker 2: Sis, you would totally do that for a stranger, right, don't.
Speaker 1: Get free you know them. Maybe you're with friends you don't really want to talk to, so you add one more person to the mix.
Speaker 2: And whatever the reason, it's cool. You got an invite. What did you say? So nice?
Speaker 3: Okay? So at first I was like, you know, no, I don't want to impose, but it was really nice, right, And he was like, don't even worry about it, it's fine. So I agreed, that's all same.
Speaker 1: I think that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, and if he's attractive, you're not going to.
Speaker 3: Say, oh yeah, sure, definitely easy on the eyes for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, this is right.
Speaker 1: So who did you end up sitting with? It was him and who else?
Speaker 3: It was him and a couple of his friends, which were two other women. Okay, I got to know all of them. Yes, they work together, they're coworkers.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like all also went to lunch. Yeah, man, it's a good look on him. What's his name by the way, Adam?
Speaker 3: His name is Adam.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: For a minute, I was like, oh my god, I'm going to totally do this with my husband next time. We got to eat and I'm like, no, it looks weird. A couple asks a single per.
Speaker 2: Not the same. You're at this dinner table with Adam and his two female co workers. How was that was that weird or did it feel normal?
Speaker 3: Well? It was funny because he kept telling me, it's okay, I've been ditched on first days before.
Speaker 1: Don't be Did you correct him? Did you tell him?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I wasn't ditched.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I told him like, I actually came by myself. I don't have a problem eating alone. I just love eating good food.
Speaker 1: And then they all laughed, like, what a funny joke.
Speaker 3: Okay, they definitely thought I was strange for sure. Okay, they still were kind and sweet to me. So and the real was phenomenal. It was absolutely phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Then, I mean, and that makes for easy conversation even with strangers when the food's good, because you can talk about it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like try this, here comes the airplane, new stranger.
Speaker 1: Was there sharing that would be weird?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, there was sharing of bottles of wine for sure.
Speaker 1: We did a couple of Now we're all best friends by the end of the dinner. And were you feeling a vibe with this guy at all? Ever?
Speaker 3: Totally, I was totally feeling a connection with that, okay, And I think it would be more fun if it was just me and him.
Speaker 1: Ah, were you able to get out any info, like if he was single or what his status was.
Speaker 2: No, No, But I do think if there's a guy that's eating by himself with two female co workers, he's probably not in a relationship.
Speaker 1: About my husband just had dinner with two co workers like.
Speaker 2: That, exactly, exactly, Yeah, I'd be checking his phone out. Yeah, I think if anything, the vibe itself, you could always feel some kind of vibe.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he's not going to flirt in front of his coworkers with you. Well, I don't know, but sometimes people feel safe that way, or you misinterpret the flirting.
Speaker 2: He's at least a nice guy who is willing to invite a stranger into the group, and that that must be absolutely So have you reached out to him since that dinner?
Speaker 3: I did. I suggested to him over text because we all at some point exchange numbers.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone exchanged Okay, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I suggested to him via text that, you know, we should hang out again, just me and him, you know, okay, And he's been avoiding it, like he'll respond but not agree to meet up. So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's not like he actually asked for your number. It was like a group exchange of numbers, which is a little bit different, you know, And did.
Speaker 2: You make him pay for your food that night because that could factor?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, maybe there's something here. We're gonna come back try and get you a second date update with Adam. Table for two, one chair. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: We're doing it, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Second date updates.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I've been thinking worst case scenario. Our listener Lauren is eating dinner with three strangers.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: She says she's attracted to one, the guy, Adam, But what if a different stranger at that table was attracted to her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that best case scenario?
Speaker 2: We don't know that because we've had that happened before on this segment. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, like, maybe his friend called DIBs on her. Oh my god, it just came to me what you were saying. I'm sorry, I didn't understand, Lauren.
Speaker 2: We need to know what were the vibes from the other two ladies that you ate with that night. Did you feel anything happening from them?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, no, Actually they were super helpful. They actually helped me with a lot of the pictures that I took. Yeah, okay, they were into it, you know, they were super into it.
Speaker 4: It's always nice to have someone there for lighting the light exactly.
Speaker 3: But there was no romantic vibe though.
Speaker 2: The only romantic vibe you were getting was from Adam or given correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, how did you guys leave it? That's the one thing that I don't think.
Speaker 3: We heard well, you know, we we said goodbye and went our separate ways, and you know, like I mentioned before, I had texted him after the fact.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, we knew that part. I didn't know if there was like a hey, I want to see.
Speaker 2: You again, or like a four way kiss or like something or whatever. It was a very friendly though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, cordial, you know, sure, just four lips at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that final flavor, whatever it was. We're just trying to get Adam to go out with you one on one, because that's what you're most interested in. So let's give him a call right now. You ready, I'm ready, I'm ready to here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hey is this Adam?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey Adam. I hope you're up for being on the radio this morning, because you already are.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, it's a show Jeff Brock and jeffy.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, that's our show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I've heard you guys a few times before you Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: You calling me though, Well, if you've heard of us, maybe you know our segment second date Update.
Speaker 4: I have heard of that, but I haven't been on a date and been months.
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, I guess technically this wasn't a first date that you went on.
Speaker 1: I don't think in any form was it a date. I mean maybe, I don't know what to call it.
Speaker 2: There you were at dinner with a group of women, one of whom wants to see you again outside of their workplace. Her names Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Did she told us about how she was like waiting for a table for herself, and then you came in and said, hey, sit with us. I thought that was so cool. Yeah, that's really nice thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did see her there. I thought she was attractive. I was trying to be nice. But I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Speaker 1: I like how you're trying to be nice, but you only offered it to her because she was attractive.
Speaker 2: You said you did you say no, no good deed goes on. Punished, You felt punished.
Speaker 4: I was trying to do something nice. I didn't think what was going to unfold? What unfold?
Speaker 1: What unfolded? Didn't you have a nice time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were all having fun getting to know each other before the actual meal started, and that was all fine. It was the actual eating part that happened when things took a us turns.
Speaker 2: Is Lauren like a messy eater?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, there has nothing to do with how she ate. It was once the meals were presented, we were picking up our forks, were excited, and then Lauren stops everything, tells everyone wait, wait, wait, stop, and of course everyone in the restaurant look that loud, and we were thinking why why, why, why would we stop? And so she stands up in our booths and she says to me, quick, quickick, give.
Speaker 2: Me your phone.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, why why do you need my phone? So I hand her my phone because I think, okay, okay, give it the crazy person what they want. She pulls out her phone and starts recording and then hovering over over the meal with both phones, last light blazing. She's waving her arms around, zooming in and out on the plate.
Speaker 2: Going why it's okay? Okay, So we still haven't gotten to what part of the meal was weird?
Speaker 1: Did you sound upset?
Speaker 4: Still it sounds it was embarrassing to Mike. I was with my co workers and we were all just trying to be nice, like just give her your phone. They gave her bones too free in her hands at one point, but what are you doing.
Speaker 2: It okay alone? We had a rule in the foodie world that gets some in trouble, and it's the camera eats. First, Lauren did mention that you guys helped her take pictures. We didn't know it was like a full Academy Award winning production.
Speaker 1: Honestly, though, even when she mentioned it, it was just like a side like it wasn't a big talking point for her.
Speaker 2: A little bit of light or something.
Speaker 1: She thought that you guys were helping.
Speaker 4: I mean, we were just trying to be nice. And when she told us she was a foodie before this happened, we thought, oh, that's interesting. But this wasn't just the first course. This was the appetizers, this was the main port.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well that is some information that we did not know before we got you on the phone. So I apologize for that.
Speaker 4: So I want you to know this wasn't just me ghosting her. Okay. My my friends afterwards said do not date her.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Okay. I regret bringing Lauren into the conversation at that morning, Laurah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's okay. Look, I understand why you might be skeptical of what I was conducting at the table, but listen, what I do is actually pretty legit. I have a pretty big following on TikTok, and the camera work is part of it, like going the extra mile is. But I do Look, I'm going to send you a link right now. I haven't followers, Adam.
Speaker 1: Would it make a difference if she made money doing this, you know, like if it was her bread and butter?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love capitalized Quarantino for all I care. It's just it was. It was obnoxious the way you get it.
Speaker 3: I did not mean to be obnoxious, okay, And I think you might be exaggerating just a little bit. I just need to capitalize on what might have been the only opportunity for me to eat there, as you could see.
Speaker 2: And if it's hard to get into restaurant, those videos go.
Speaker 3: Viral, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean, Adam, don't you think that, like, maybe it was on you to say something at the table, because she obviously did not realize that you guys were uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, clearly from what you guys know of Wauren, you gotten to know her better than I at this point. She's a very assertive, young young woman. So even if I had said anything, I don't think she would have stopped me.
Speaker 2: Oh, he doesn't have a point.
Speaker 1: I can see her. What do you mean, so don't even give her a chance? Okay, don't Yeah, that's Adam.
Speaker 3: Have you gotten the link yet? I sent you a link?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay? Are we going to do this right now in the middle of the segment? Oh, Adam, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, wouldn't make a difference at him if the video was really cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if he sees it has a million views, just just open it up real quick, Adam, take a look. It might change your mind.
Speaker 4: If it'll put this to bad fine, I'll look at your TikTok.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, this is a first for this segment where we're having somebody go on to social media and watch videos.
Speaker 1: No, no, what we're talking well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean outside of the people in this room. We're having the listeners on the phone watch videos on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Because we can't see it. Can you describe what you're seeing?
Speaker 4: I see the one that was posted from the restaurant. Wait, how did you get like a smoke effect back there? And it looks like there's a light show going there? Weren't lights like? That?
Speaker 3: Is what I do, Adam, this is what I do.
Speaker 1: Advertised.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people sing on TikTok, Adam sounding a little bit impressed though by what he's seeing is it?
Speaker 1: Does it look like you want to eat there again, Adam?
Speaker 4: I mean I would. I was gonna eat there again anyway. But obviously this is a great advertisement. They should hire you. This looks really good.
Speaker 2: So maybe you're just biased because you already ate there, No, Jeff, hold on, we just made progress. Okay, it's really what I said.
Speaker 3: I agree they should hire me, and that's why I do this.
Speaker 1: I mean, would have made a difference if she had given you a.
Speaker 4: Head hold on, hold on, I'm looking at some other videos here. There's tiger in the back there.
Speaker 2: Well, this has definitely taken a different twist. We started off very angry and agitated when we first had Adam on, but now he's sounding very impressed with Yeah, all of her abilities. It's great. I'm not going to waste any more time. I'm just going to ask, Adam, would you like to go out on another date with Lauren? No cameras this time, he gets you. Just do conversation, keep it boring, but to you, we'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: We can go somewhere I've already been before.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense. Doesn't need to do a video there, as long as we.
Speaker 2: Have a gift card for it.
Speaker 4: Adam, what you said, I mean that sounds intriguing. Yes, I'm sorry. I flew off the handle, but it's there. Was like taking a stray cat and realizing they're a ninja. I didn't I didn't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: Analogy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you guys are weird enough. Maybe watch some tiktoks on how to properly compliment it.
Speaker 1: But TikTok though, to all of us, Lauren, we want to those are some powerful food videos.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, congratulations you two you got a second date.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Adam, and I forgive you for all the mean things you said earlier on the call.
Speaker 2: Just don't tell your two female co workers that you're going out with you they're going to be that's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Well, that was definitely a first for this segment.
Speaker 1: I did not think it was going to take that turn. I really did not think he was going to change his mind.
Speaker 2: It's funny that we actually had to wait to let someone watch TikTok videos while we're in the middle of a segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I means that just happens for Alexis right without us waiting.
Speaker 2: But you know what, it worked. My question though, is did we miss out on an opportunity to send him a link to our TikTok page at Brook and Jeffrey. Why didn't we do that during the.
Speaker 1: Call he hung up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should do it from now on.
Speaker 1: It's actually really good TikTok.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm about to ask you if you want to go on a second date with her. You can say yes or no. But before you answer, go check out jose doing the cabbage patch dance on our social media at Brook and Jeffrey. We're gonna wait for your.
Speaker 1: Answer, Okay, And why did we make that video sixty seconds last?
Speaker 2: The bottom line is it worked. We were able to get him a second date. Yeah, he can do it for you too. Maybe if you email the show, we'll call that person wasn't calling you back.