Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the movie also alongside normal Linda and we're joined by Glenn Luso, senior healthcare analysts for Bloomberg Intelligence. Glenn, what is senting and what's the news today?
Speaker 2: Let's start there? Okay, So SATIN is a health insurance of focusing mainly on medigate and health insurance marketplace. The reason this stock is down is the company withdrew twenty five guidance highlighting higher acuity and slower membership growth in its marketplace, and secondarily also highlighting increase in medical costs in some of the markets in its medigate geographies.
Speaker 3: So I know in fatures have been really growing worried here investors as well about the changes that could happen to the Affordable Care Act. What is this all foreshadow about the broader industry?
Speaker 2: Most of the focus recently has been obviously on the hang from the Reconciliation Bill. You know, there was some sort of improved visibility going into next year and the year after because of that, but at the same time, seeing teens coming out with the guidance sort of put it right in front of us. So first they're going to have to show stability, either SATIN or other health insurance companies will have to show some sort of stabilizing trends. As a reminder, seeing Keen's guidance withdrawal comes approximately two months after United withdrew its guidance, which created a very negative sentiment for the whole group. And now it's the second punch within the same larger health insurance industry. So first thing is stability, and second thing, obviously there's going to be a long term overhang from whatever reconciliation bill brings to mitigate cuts overall, and just in general uncertainty until visions are implemented.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's Bloomberg News reporting Senteen is the top seller of ACA health plans. The government has been cracking down on inappropriate and fraudulent enrollments in those plans, meaning people who shouldn't have been on them are getting kicked off. Analysts have said that probably means customers who are paying into them but not filing many claims are now exiting.
Speaker 2: How did the.
Speaker 1: Company not know this? They're an insurance company, their job is to price risk. How did they get so blinded?
Speaker 2: It's very difficult to sort of where we are to really fold a company, we're not in the trenches. Obviously, it's their business. They should be able to sort of foresee what's coming up in the next year and how to manage risk. But at the same time, there are so many things from Washington and policy changes on how sick the patients are, and they manage thousands, if not millions of people. Some of the things that may be overlooked or may not just be presented sort of to be really included in their trend and risk calculations.
Speaker 3: So you mentioned United Health of course senteen today, so these aren't necessarily isolated at least that's how the street is viewing it. This is potentially an impact that people could see ricocheting throughout the entire sector.
Speaker 2: Yes, so in general, these companies, you know, as I said, Sin King's focusing on marketplace and medigate, United is just an eight hundred pound guerrilla focusing or has a huge market in all of the health insurance businesses. But that being set, in general, health insurance are trading as it's a commoditized industry, so they're all generally trade in the same direction. So if United, for example, I'm not saying it they will do. But if United, for example, being states guidance during the second quarter earning release, it will create a stabilization effect for the whole industry. After that, if someone like United or elevens, the larger players show some stability or actually improvement in the operating environment and the results that they report, it will impact the whole industry and the positive. So generally it's you know, something wrong with the one company, especially if someone is because United, it impacts everyone else.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is a function of the Trump administration cracking down on some of these Affordable Care Act plans. Is that kind of the origination of this?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. No, okay, but that you know Washington overhang, and usually it's a negative overhang, either Republicans are leading in Washington or Democrats. It's always for health insurance, it's generally in negative went from Washington. So that is still you know, Washington cracking, uh, cracking on sort of health insurance in general. There's always a in the back
Speaker 1: Background, all right, Glenn, thanks so much for joining us breaking this down forst Glenn also have senior healthcare analyst for a Bloomberg Intelligence