Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet.
Speaker 2: I go by the name of charlamagnea god, and guess what. I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions Decisions, Mandy B and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 1: Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch the Coffee Time the Baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with jam Love Loumb's Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now, comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know? She ready Shine towns one speaking to the grown a second. We gonna last cut up and kick it in at the end, we leave it with just a lifted spirits speak. You want to revisit, so you first take a listen. Young folks say it's slip. Old folks say we dig it. H cain't know this. Do what you do? Hey, No, do what you do? No? Do what I do?
Speaker 1: Hey, Herry, Hey, this is comedian San Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learning, Ladies and gentlemen. I am back and for the fact, and I'm here with my co host Bobby Clifford. How you tuts, tuts?
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 1: It is much better than it was last week because life is like we finally put Timmy to his final resting place. And uh, I'm read about to hit Texas this week in so if you guys do not know where I'm going to be going to Tiffany Haddies dot com for ticket information. It is San Antonio, Houston, Austin, and I'm coming in like a trailblazer, and I'm not bringing a wheelchair with me.
Speaker 3: No hot wheels for you, not a damn hot wheel on the track.
Speaker 1: But Bobby, speaking of hot wheels, let's talk about the hot times that's happening in hot America. Is it a terror or isn't it a terror? Is it a tax? Or is it it? It is? We are all over the place. I think, I think because what has happened was Trump tried to raise these terrors for all these different countries. I think that the the plan it was there was that. First of all, there was never a plan. But I think that they called this bluff. I think that they called this bluff. And now he had to put a ninety day hold on it because it didn't work whatever he was trying to do to intimidate them other countries, they called his bluff and they threw that shit out the window.
Speaker 3: Oh not according to him. Well, first he put a ninety day hold, but not on China. On China he raised it to one hundred and twenty five percent. They had already put their retaliate retaliatory. Oh my god, say that's some times fast. Tariff's on of thirty four the other day I can't even imagine what it is now. According to the Press Secretary, we are so blessed to be in the most transparent administration. He never told us what the plan is. He never explained what he wanted. Supposedly, his people are saying that fifty fifty countries have come in there, you know there, he says, kissing their ass. According to a little snippet on Air Force one yesterday or today, they're looking to negotiate. I don't know what's true what's not true, but I know that everything that you're gonna mention one hundred and twenty five percent, So this bunny is going to be more than twice twice the price. You know, every little thing that we everything we get isn't from China. I just I don't. I don't understand if he came out and he was he was transparent about it and actually told us what he wanted, like cold tight, we're trying to get better deals. I know that Mosque called Navarro because Pete Navarro seems to be the boy in favor. He called him dumb as a bag of bricks. The Press Secretary said, Oh, boys will be boys. There are two men that boys will be boys. These are two middle aged men. I think they're over fifty. They can call it. It's a hot mess. Thes are a hot mess.
Speaker 1: Let me say this about the tears and y'all text in China one hundred and twenty five percent, because we do get a lot of things from China. And if you remember the first time he was in the administration, he said, the coronavirus cane from China. It came from China. Well, I wish you would a tax build there and maybe we wouldn't have got it.
Speaker 3: Shit honest and true, can you? And they have this propaganda that they've been putting out. I saw it on Chris Cuomo. His team ran it yesterday and it has this is what they think of the Americans. We're slovenly fat, We're like depressed. They have all of these big fat Americans. Supposedly it's ai in manufacturing jobs like doing the jobs that they do. They don't value their people. That's why they pay a penny. And that's why instead of paying thirty thousand or depending on the news station, or thirty five hundred for an iPhone, we pay a thousand because they pay them nothing over there. But they have us all looking like down having to do these jobs, and this is what it's going to look like in America. I just I kind of even one hundred and twenty five percent, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to even beat them up about that, because in China and Korea and those kind of countries, they don't have shows called my six hundred pound life. They don't allow people to. If they do have people that satisage like that, they don't enhance it. They don't showcase it. They don't glorify it. They don't glorify that. They want you to be lean and in shape for military purposes or to for having children into production, So they don't glorify all that. America glorifies everything from the fat, to the unhealthy, to the unhinged, to the unhoused, to the racist, to the uh to the criminals in the White House, to everything. We glorify that we were gonna get our ass handed to us, but had doing that too. As a country. We really are we probably.
Speaker 3: Are, but I will say that, you know, these aren't great countries. They're also not feeding them. It's like the polar opposite.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so they're not feeding them and they overfeed us. Is that what you're saying, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we're overfair. I can I can speak from personal personal knowledge, definitely overfeeding. But I mean, there definitely seems to be there's some cracks that are happening in the GOP. I am sure you have seen it, just like I have. You know, people who are real I mean we talked about last week, Grand Paul. You know people that are real Trump supporters that are saying this, this isn't good. You know, like we're not. I don't understand it. I don't we don't want it. It is absolutely leading to leading to some sort of recession. They had an eighty seven crash, they had the two thousand and eight trouble that we had in the pandemic, and it's likened. What's happening in the stock market is likening to those times, and we had a terrible recession after all those times. Joe Biden's team, God bless them, they got us out of that recession with prior to this the strongest economy in the world. But now we're fing with everybody. You know, we used to be the old expression was we were the United States was the envy of the world and now we are the enemy of the world.
Speaker 1: It's it's very depressing. In than days, in less than I was saying less than ninety days. Wow, Wow, that is something right there. That is really something with the tariffs and with the indecisiveness of Donald Trump, because I'm never never going to call him president with the indecisiveness, because that's all over the place. The mere fact that Ran Paul, who I'm not a fan of. I love his dad, Ron Paul, but him is the fact that he is turning to say, hey, just ain't it. It really is a telltale side of Donald Trump is doing way too much that the Republicans are not happy with because they would have rolled with him to the wheels fell off. But even them now they're catching the brunt of the bullshit that he is shoving out. So it's still never gonna make me turn to be a Rand Paul fan. But I love the fact that he is starting to remember that I am an American. Yes I am Republican, but I do care about the democracy of our country, so I appreciate him for that. And as far as another America that spoke up, we want to give a shout out to Corey Booker for doing the longest speech on the Congress for twenty five plus hours without going to the bathroom. I thought that was most impressive. It's hard for me to jump on the bandwagon to be very positive towards Corey Booker because he teetered tarters and that is just my personal opinion. So and then you did this, but I needed a backup, say you made history. You did this. But this is when the Democrats were supposed to fall inland behind him to make it a domino effect. Okay, we're going to do this, we're going to implement this, We're going to put this candidate in. They just he did twenty five hours and did there's nothing but he did twenty five hours. That is my problem. There is never a back and there's never a follow through with the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: Well, it was twenty five five hours, I think in five minutes, and I am proud of him for doing it, considering he's on the back of a racist who is trying to stop civil rights. Strong sermon. But what I would have loved to have heard in those twenty five hours and five minutes. And I think that you know that other Democrats people on his team certainly knew that he was going to get up and he was going to do this. Why did they band together and get like a script? You know what I would have loved to have heard. You know, I'm a girl who loves a good solution. I would have liked to have heard without talking about trumping nuts and anything negative. I would have liked to have said them say, for instance, tariffs they are not good, and give the reasons, outline the reasons why they aren't good, and then flame give me a suggestion or outcomes that you think would have been better and that you would have or your party would have put forth instead of the tariffs, because there's going to be a million. But he could have gone down every inch of Project twenty twenty five and outlined why he thinks certain parts of it were not good and what the alternative is instead. Yeah, there was a lot of talking about what wasn't terrific. Excuse me, I couldn't spit that out. But I didn't hear a lot of solutions. I didn't hear a lot of outcomes. I just heard a lot of negativity. And we really don't need the negativity right now. I appreciate him doing it. I applaud him for doing He's doing something, just like you know, hands off rallies. They're doing something. It's better than those of us meeting me who are sitting And I'm complaining about it right now, but I haven't. I haven't taken any action myself. But I think it was a lost opportunity.
Speaker 1: You did you voted on November fourth. Do you know how many people? Do you know how many people were out there protests and hands off that did not vote? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know ninety people. Ninety million people didn't vote, So that would have been that would have been absolutely terrific to say, you know, if we if those ninety million people got up and voted. But I just would have liked I'm still applauding him for it. It was an unbelievable feat. I just think it was an opportunity lost. I think they could have messaged that we've been talking about that we need strong leadership and we need a solid message and how we're going to move things full and correct things. And I think this would have been the perfect time to open up that the floor to that and and then nail that message for the next year and a half until the the the midterm elections. That's all I want to say about Corey Booker. The other one who I just and we can get back to Booker I don't want to forget is Tom Tillis. He had come out against the against the tariffs and had said which I was a little surprised, and he said, you know, there's an old expression about whose throat I can choke, you know, when someone makes a mistake, he said, and I'm looking for somebody to have ourn ownership of Naturally, it's not going to be President Trump. So who else? Who else is taking ownership of these tariffs? We don't know why, we don't know when, we don't know what the message, we don't know how long. And I thought, oh, so, I mean there are we're seeing, we're seeing a few cracks. Hopefully those good gops get together and somebody gets the president's ear. Because just alone, if you're somebody who is getting close to retirement age, you know, people have lost up to thirty percent in the retirement portfolios, you know, and they're already talking about messing around with Social Security. You can't mess around with that money, you know. I most of us don't even take a peek at it until it's time of because the markets can be so volatile and up and down. But you know, I feel really badly for that. That's you're never going to get that money back. Even if he stops today and everything correct, claim you're never going to get that money back. There was companies lost, they said over the past week. I was just watching CNN and they said companies have lost five trillion since Liberation Day. He said, and the consumers or the customers that everything's going to trickle down to we have lost up to thirty trillion dollars already. That things are going to but we're just not going to be able to recoup those moneys.
Speaker 1: And the scary party is, Bobby, just like after the pandemic, they're going to try to recoup the money price gouging and excessiveness and ridiculousness, and people will not be able to survive, and it will become survival of the fittest because you're gonna want to feed your family, You're gonna want to feed your children. It is barbaric that they're not considering all Americans in this. But this terriff thing is up and down, and I'm telling you, Bobby, I order my fans that I sell from China. Oh, I come from China. It was already twelve hundred dollars for shipping. The fans weren't even that expensive, but the shipping alone was twelve hundred. That was before these tariffs. Now they're talking about excess of five thousand dollars, which means I don't have to raise the price of my fans like double to like fifty bucks. I'm not charging people fifty dollars for a damn fan. That is ridiculous. So these fans that you get from me, now y'all want to hold on to them, they're gonna be collectings. I I'm not spending all that money, and I'm not going to ask my people, my fans, or my people who love me to spend crazy money like that on a damning No. It's no, it's just no. Sometimes you have to just consider people's not only their feelings, but their finances, because finances are all over the place with everybody. We're all living paycheck to paycheck or hell meal the meal we have, we have listened, we have. If this new generation have not learned how to stretch a meal, they're about to learn. We know how to stretch a meal, Bobby. Oh, we know how to stretch a meal.
Speaker 3: We used to call it in my house American chop suey. It's just a lot of red sauce and a little tiny bit of hamburger and a lot of pasta.
Speaker 1: My grandmother can make some eggs, rice and potatoes go a long way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Up, that's another one that we had. Yeah, that's hysteric, isn't that funny?
Speaker 1: And that's why I tell you, Bobby, people are more like than they are different. That is a meal too, and a lot of poor households eggs, rice and potatoes with some onions in there, some bell pepper that bill fill you up. And it's in fact, it's absolutely delicious. Let me just let you know that because it's.
Speaker 3: Protein, it's got your carbon there. And then if you have the bell peppers and stuff, that's your fruit on your vegetable that's there. So yeah, it is yep.
Speaker 1: So I'm praying for all Americans that please hold on to it, because the fear is if the tariffs raise crazy and the billionaires go in and buy everything, then they drop the tariffs. Then the millionaires will be left out, but we will really be tore out because we're not millionaires or billionaires, so we will have to buy it from billionaires in this country. And we can already see that they are super, super greedy. They really are super greedy.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. I was actually surprised to hear Musk speak out against the tariffs, and that's why he was insulting. It was it was funny to see the two important people in celting. So Navarro says that Mosque isn't a car manufacturer, he's an assembler. He thought that was a big insult, and then the other one said he was dumb as a bag of bricks. But he came out against it because he is a manufacturer, so he knows what. He knows how that's going to affect his bottom line and how that's not going to work. If the thought is that Trump is doing this to bring manufacturing back to the United States, but that is that's an end game. That's a long time from right now. A lot of people do in the meantime, and there are a lot of things. You know, Innovation is why we lost a lot of jobs, because we could do certain things better and quicker, and it was more profitable and then the lousy jobs like the China was showing America doing sitting in front of sewing machines and stuff that got farmed out because it wasn't as profitable. So you're never going to get those the innovative jobs back because nobody wants them, nobody wants to work them. You know, you got rid of our migrants, so you're not going to get those jobs back. It just it just it makes no sense. In the United States. There are other manufacturing jobs, and that's what they kind of need to be. The technology and whatnot. That's what they need to be focusing on. But if fact is, I mean he should, he should come out and say it. I mean he's got excuse me, absolutely no messaging with it. His whole group doesn't because I don't think anybody knows well.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, Bobby, this is what I'm thinking that, like Kamala Harris said when she was running for when she was captlaigning to be the president, if he was surrounded with people who had a the right mindset, because now it is like he's bonkers and everybody around him is too afraid. Bonker.
Speaker 4: Yes, because unhinged power it is unchallenged power when he one man can make a mistake taken in the country. One man has got enemies to so many different countries.
Speaker 1: Now that we were allies with or that we were in bed with in the business. One glance one person because nobody is arounded around him to say, hey, stops, this is not what it is and this is the collateral damage for us as a country. To fall out is going to be real bad, Bobby. I'm telling you, it's going to be real bad for us as a country.
Speaker 3: We're going to feel it in our in our pocket books. But the only the only way that we can we can return that is to hold our pocket books. That's where our power, our vote, our pocketbooks. Saying you don't know, I don't want whatever that is. I'm gonna things are tough at home and I'm going to have to hold off. No, I'm not going to be able to buy the meat that comes from wherever it's coming from because we're not going to Brazil. You know, We're not going to be able to afford it. We're going to be eating a lot of eggs. I might get a couple of chickens myself. We're going to have to figure it out. We have. But what it is is we don't as Americans, we don't want that. We don't want to go. We don't want to sacrifice, we don't want to make, we don't want to do the hard stuff our parents, our forefathers did, all did that. But I don't see my son's group. I don't see them going without. I don't think I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: The terroriffs. I don't think Donald Trump understood the severity of because and what you said earlier about it was what he wants that. This is what he wants. He wants people to kiss his ass. That's why he said that so proudly. Oh they're kissing back. This is what he truly wants, which has nothing to do with politics. Politics is a working game together amongst adult people who have an end game. His in game is all about him. So when I've seen that, when he said that too, they're kissing my Oh, they're kissing my ass. That is what he wants. This is all that he wants. He's a power to be able to say that people have to gravel to his foolishness when he is unprepared and ill equipped to hold the office that he was elected to. That is what makes other countries look at us crazy, Bobby. This man wasn't boiled into royalty. He wasn't appointed by the Queen or king. We elected him.
Speaker 3: He's the he's the retribution president. Remember I mean he we had a bunch of last week. If you were a law firm that either employed somebody that that went against him in one of those cases, refused to take his case. He has been slamming them all with taking their access to public buildings away, to taking their government contracts of those law firms away. And if some of them have one of them was Doug Emhoff's old law firm, because they had employed him. If they employed somebody that was a that he considered it some sort of enemy, or somebody that didn't that didn't support him, he's he's spent in their hand. And a few people, including dog Doug Gafhouse's old firm, I have kind of fallen in fallen in line. They are going to do one hundred uh million in pro bono work for groups or or with legal services to support whatever he wants, you know, like groups that need that need legal help for interests that he has. So one of them was Wilkie fire. The other one was Millbank five hundred. I was reading just just before this. There are two five hundred group people that have filed something called an amicus brief that say that its violates the Constitution, and they're pushing forward. Uh, you know, they're not pleased with it. He did the same thing with some of these colleges. If they had they took their dei away or did anything that he didn't like. So, as I said, we're going to be tied up in a lot of losses over the next four years. It's going to cost us a lot of money to get all this stuff done. But I think he likes to reach out. He likes to see how far he can get, and unfortunately it's going to cost us to show him. Look at TikTok is is they had some sort of agreement that was in place.
Speaker 1: Before you go any further. I want to go back to to I want you to get You just said something and it sparked something in my head. So he came with these tears and then put a ninety day hold on them like he was a saving grace. He also remember he did the same bullshit with TikTok right before the election, like they were going away, and then he came in and it stepped in like he saved the day. I hope you guys are paying attention to the parallels of the foolishness, because he is doing this to try to make you forget that he was the one who fucked it up, so it looks like he's saving it. Here's the one who's messing it up. But then it turns around it looks like he's saving it, and y'all are so easily smoke screen. I don't understand why you people just don't pay attention to everything. This is the same bullshit that he did. He wants to look like I saved us. I did this. You put the tariffs on them, You slapt all these countries with these excessive tariffs, and then step in at the last minute because it didn't go your way, to look like, Okay, I'm gonna put a pause on it. They did the same shit with TikTok right before he won the election, and then it looked like he saved TikTok. People, ladies and gentlemen, people out there in laughing alone the world, please pay attention. I'm just asking you, please pay attention to this because this is a non this is an ongoing thing that he's going to keep doing. It makes him look like the hero. It makes him look like the hero when he keeps dropping the ball, which I'll keep discarding that he creates the foolishness and then it goes in like he's trying to fix it. But he'll he's quick to holler, oh, I don't know, I don't know. I don't know. With all of them, I don't know. Why is he the president?
Speaker 3: He's the master of distraction. He absolutely is the master of distraction. But when you take a Chinese company, or you're in negotiations with a Chinese company, and then you slam the country with one hundred and twenty five percent tariffs and that wasn't even that was today one hundred and twenty five percent. He didn't like that. I think it was eighty four percent he was giving them before they pulled out of that deal. And you know who's leading the charge of those negotiations, don't you, our friend jd Vance. So we'll see, we'll see what the heck happens. I guess we have seventy five days from it was last week before he pulls the plug on TikTok. But the same reason, the same thought process was people are wondering why he's hitting everybody with terriffs lame. But the one country we haven't heard that are being hit with tariffs are Russia. And so his people are coming forward and saying it wouldn't it be stupid when we're in negotiations for peace to hit them with tariffs? And I'm like, well, you just hit You're in a negotiation with TikTok, and you just hit the country with I don't know, seems a little crazy because you know it's supposed to be private people. But I'm sure that the country is involved in TikTok.
Speaker 1: Sorry for I have a question. If they raise the tariffs on China and jd Vance is to control most weeks come from China, what is jd Vance going to do about his weeks?
Speaker 3: Pretty eyes and pretty hair? Oh when he wants to get into rig yourself from me.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. According to some media outlets, China is doing a reciprocal text to terrorists that mostly target the Red States. They're really trying to target the Red States. I don't know how they're going to distinguish that. But they're really trying to target the Red States, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Unless it's stuff that my computer just shut down, stuff that that I kind of even imagine what a red state would be, would use more than what we would use. I don't know how they're going to distinguish that either.
Speaker 1: Look, red states will use more, Loube because according to that point site, the Red States, the r NC shuts it down. So I think they might lose a little boy lube.
Speaker 3: Honest to god, that is hysterical. I think we're all going to even prepare. See it's such a slippery slope. And I'm not an economist, so it's hard to talk about it. But if we all all hold our purses too tightly, what's going to happen is it will kind of force a recession. But we also have to make sure that we're not overspending or maybe making really big purchases, not until we know what's going to happen with the with the tariffs. You know, if they go away, as I said, all that money is gone. You're not going to get it back. But we can try to rebuild. But you know, my sister was saying, geez, I wonder if I should get a car now before the tariff's actually hit because their car has been acting up a little. She'd like to hold on to it, but she also doesn't want to get stuck, you know, and be putting good money after bad. I don't know. It's I don't know how you.
Speaker 1: It is. It is. A recession is inevitable, Bobby. It's just the truth. A recession really is inevitable. At the at the rate that we are going, at the rate that we are going, it really is.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope I get a job before it hits.
Speaker 1: I'll job, you're going to get You're going to get another job, and we're gonna get a season five. Bob, I'm claiming it right down.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope. Did you see that the head of the I R S. I thought this was I see. I'm nervous about all these good people having integrity and leaving. But he left his job because they're trying to get the I R S to disclose tax information for migrants. And yes, they pay taxes, folks, and we keep the taxes. They don't even benefit, but we keep a lot of that stuff. Uh So that so that Ice can swoop in and do some deportation. And I thought, good for him, and then I thought, oh God, but who's going to get stuck in there?
Speaker 1: Then whoever he decides, whoever whoever said he got nice hair? Uh oh, I like your golf shoes. That there's so many unqualified people are getting these positions that do not know what they're doing, which is well, we are in such a turmoil even with these tarifs because they keep hiring non qualified applicants to handle this. It is barbaric and ridiculous. What was I going to tell you about, Bobby? Oh? I want to touch on the case Bobby that's happening in Texas right now with two young men, one man to both seventeen year old young guys. One unfortunately lost his life and according to media, he was a notorious bully, him and his twin brother. According to some media outlets, some of the outlets say different. But whatever the case may be, it was an incident of two twin brothers and a young black boy and they were all football players or what have you, and it wasn't a case of mistaken identity. According to all the media sources are saying that it was a bullying incident that went too far. I don't know why people don't address bullying, because bullying equals death these days, billy is really bad. Unfortunately, the young seventeen year old white boy lost his life being stabbed by the allegedly by the guy that they were supposed to been bullying, who was a black guy. His name is Carmelo Anthony. And I think Carmela was afraid. I wasn't there. I don't know any of these parties. This is just my take order from what I've been reading. I think that Carmela was afraid and he swung out the knife. He had a knife he swung out, and I think he meant to scare or maybe even too Maine, but never to kill. And they are just it is just. It is the division in the country. If the division in the country wasn't already enough, it is really dividing people because it was a white boy and a black boy and it's just bobby. It is I hate to see us as Americans being pulled away from each other like this when so many lives are affected. The boy who did the killing, his life will be affected forever. The boy who died of course his life he's gone, but he had a twin brother who was there with him, and his life will be affected. Everybody's going to need therapy. The parents. It is so barbary, and we're watching this story and fold you don't want to take a side, but you do want to take a side. My issue is with nobody but the parents. If your child has been if you've been told that your child is a bully by more than one kid, but other parents coming to you, do something, address your kid to say hey, they say what we do. This is not cool. But sometimes, Barbie, these kids get These kids get away from their parents. You know, we're parents. We've done all we could to make sure our kids had everything. But the world still gives them what they want them to have, and those kids received that sometimes, So you can't blame that. I just hate that this ended like this, so tragically. Behind this boy losing his life, and this other boy could lose his life in prison. Well he's in Texas. Hell, Texas could execute him. Texas is cold bloody.
Speaker 3: I think we need We were talking about this offline, and I need more detail because there's so little actual facts that are out there right now there's a ton that's on social media, and they're saying not to listen to the social media. But the bottom line is what you said, A if it's bullying, I mean, he has to be addressed anyway, and that this is a perfect time to tell people you know, you've got to you. I was an opposite parent when my anybody said anything about my son, I would say, Okay, what did they do? Even though he was a great kid and he didn't do a lot, but I always assumed that the adult who was telling me was correct, and I certainly would have had that that conversation. I was lucky that my kid was not. It was a pretty big kid, so he was not bullied. But I think we're going to have to follow this one and see I saw the picture of Carmela Anthony was his name, and I saw his the picture of his mugshot, and he looked terrified, and I was terrified for him. And regardless of what's happening, if it turns out that the I don't even know the other the other player that the kid who goes says he if he was not the one that was bullying him, somebody bullied that kid because that he wouldn't have reacted that way if somebody wasn't bothering him on the regular. And my heart just spoke from a seventeen year old kid in a prison down in Texas. It just I don't see a good income. I mean, excuse me.
Speaker 1: In Frisco, Texas, which I don't know much about, but from what I've been reading is uh, yeah, it's not the It's not the happiest place on earth. Let's just say that it's so sad because that boy is seventeen years old and he's petrified and Bobby, he has to live with that every day. That chime I probably closed his eyes and see that incident happening over and over again. And people say this could have been avoided. Yes, it could have been avoided if the Bullians would not have been brilliant. And if this is somebody would an adult somewhere would have intervened to say hey, no, no, but nobody did they Sometimes they let this play out, and this played out to the tragic. This is the end of somebody's life and possibly another person's life because this boy, Carmelo Anthony accorded all the sources four point zero grade point average. Both parents at home, a great kid, a fantastic student of football. He had so much going for himself as well as so did Ausin. A little white boy that was murdered, he had great things going for him too. This has the racism one more time. Racism is a learning behavior. I don't know who's teaching you to hate somebody else, but you got to stop this bullshit. Look at what is turning us into. We are so separated and divided in this country, and this outcome of this case could make us even more further apart than what we are. But I want to say, if we're gonna pull up all the stops written house whose mother drove him across state, Lions who got involved in something that had absolutely nothing to do with this got off. He had nothing to do with what was going on. He wasn't being bullied. He just wanted to instigate the institute implement himself as some shit that had nothing to do with him. Zimmerman killed the black boy that was going in the opposite way because he needed something to do, and he got off. I don't want the unfairness of this country's judicial system, which we all know it is extremely unfair to play out in the court of public opinion, and this boy is crucified long before he gets a fair trial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope we'll follow this one. We need him a little bit more meat, at least I need a little bit more meat before I can say anything either way. But I just my heartbreaks. It's two families destroyed, just destroyed. That's the only thing that I can say.
Speaker 1: And the Anderson Bystander's kids that was around because this was a redundant in front of other people, so they witnessed this thesault. This happened. You have to think about this is a domino effect. This will either change people or make people a different person for the rest of their lives. Because so many kids say this seventeen. This was a group of seventeen, sixteen, fifteen year olds. The mind is not fully developed. They see a tragic murder. You know it is, it is. It's a lot. I'm sorry, I'll to get some passionate about it. But that could have been my key, that could have been by this kid, that could have been your kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and one time stabbed him one This wasn't like he stabbed him thirty two times. Just got lucky and stabbed him right in the heart.
Speaker 1: Not lucky, Oh, not lucky. It was just it was a true unlucky.
Speaker 3: It is what I should say, lucky.
Speaker 1: Actually, I don't think he tried to even hit. I think he was just like get away, get away, possibly, and it just when you're afraid, fear is a huge factor to make you act out. And I believe that the young cousany said, according to to all the news out that he said, if you put your hands on me again and again means that you have are tested me. According to them, they say they broke his phone and they terrorized him. And I have teenagers I have. Let me tell you something, A kids cell phone is like their third hand. You take your kid's phone as a parent, they will fist up at you. You know, depending on what kind of parents you are. It is eighty one.
Speaker 3: Year old mother who feels the same. She's worse than a teenager. It's never out of her hands, and she'll say, oh, I'm looking at a baby. I said, Mom, he's probably a baby from Iran or Russia where their hack on your phone as we speak. If you don't know that baby, put the goddamn phone down. Yeah, no, absolutely, it is. It's our world's revolve around it. We handle business out of it. This is adults. You know, your private life, your calendar, your everything. When I I've already told you all that I was laid off, and when I had to turn my work computer in, I was unaware that my personal phone and all of my contacts synced to my work computer. So when they stripped my computer, I lost everything. So you know, when you lose a job, the first thing you do the first few weeks is network network. I lost all my I didn't know who was what. I had people reaching out saying, oh my god, I'm so sorry about the layoff. They had fifteen hundred people. I just happened to be one of the lucky ones, same kind of lucky, and I had to say, uh, who says thank you for reaching out, but who is it? And I sort of built the built my phone back that way. But yeah, the kids, your phone is everything to them to have, and especially if you're a kid. I know nothing about what kind of means he came from, but if you're a kid who doesn't have a lot of money, Jesus, I would have to think about how I was going to replace the phone. So you know, I'd be in a little bit in panic. And sometimes you have parents that are pretty strict too, and he might have been thinking, oh my god, I'm going to go home and go and get killed. But we'll have to follow that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one is a but people are donating to the camp paying. There is a go fund me campaign for both kids, one for Anthony and one Austin. So uh and then the the Austin kids family parents are not together, so they have two separate go fund Me accounts. But Camarlos, Anthony's parents, I know, Bobby Camels and Anthony's parents are together. There's one go fund me account. They actually took it down and somebody had to reveal it and redo another one because it again the separatism of who we are as a nation and the colorized skiing has made has become so bigger than who we are as American people. That is so crazy to me. But it is very scary and it is barbaria. We will sit back and let you know how these tarifts are going to go. This is a short episode. Our producer is in the airport and Bobby is uh looking for a job, and I'm looking for I'm looking for mister I'm looking for mister goodbye.
Speaker 3: To say that, and we were just talking about Texas, and I was gonna say and speaking about Texas.
Speaker 1: We will be in Texas this weekend, San Antonio on Friday, Houston on Saturday, and Austin on Sunday. Go to tiffany Headage dot com for ticket detailed information. Also the eighteenth and nineteenth, I will be in Tampa, Florida, and for a lot of the in Florida, also go to Tiffany Headitstart Confident. And on the twenty first of all April, I will be in Chicago for the White Party. I'm having a White Party at the Fantasy Nightclub thirty six forty one North Halsteed. Get your tickets on the event Bright. I'm telling you all right now, this is going to be the most fantastic show. We're gonna go live, so you can see some stuff and all of that, but to be in the room and to be in the building, to be in the presence of greatness that will be me. You're gonna have a great time, So get your tickets on event Bright. Have a fantastic time. Listen. We are very pleased that you guys have downloaded and shared and telling people about laugh and learn. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you from me and Bobby from the bottom of our heart. We look at that season five very looking. It's looking back at us with a big smile on his face, and we couldn't go this far without you. So we thank you for always tuning in, sending your ideas to me and to Bobby Clifford at Clifford Bobby on Instagram, Bobby Clifford on Facebook, and at Latine Podcasts. That's how you reach Bobby. I'm Flame Monroe and Monroe Flame on all social media platforms. Listen here, Listen here, listen here. We're not even one hundred days in and we are in such a crisis in our country. Please understand that we got to set up and fight back. We got to swing back right now, right now. We have to swing back. We can't take this laying down because us laying down will keep us down forever. Stand your ground, stand up for who you are. When I say stand your ground, I'm gonna talking about buying us. I'm talking about use your voice, Call your congressman, call yourself, so call your appointed officials. Make noise, make a lot of noise. Make them understand that you are hurting in the crisis of the election that went left, that we are all becoming collateral damage in We have to make knowing collectively as a nation or we are going to lose as a country. And damn it, I don't want to lose, just like he didn't want to lose. I don't want to lose, especially when we got a food in charge. I said what I said, These are the opinions of flaming brow, not necessarily of iHeart. Laugh and learn, or the black effects that won't fare. Yeah, listen, thank you guys so much for joining us here, all laughing and learn. The model has not changed and will not change even if we win winning, if we get out next year, the model will always be the same. Here all laughing, Alarne, We are not trying to get you to change, man. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because hy Bobby as.
Speaker 3: A mind and your vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Ninety million, ninety million people didn't vote. And when I see all these hands off rallies all over the country, I wish there was a light on your forehead to let me know that you didn't take the time to vote, which means which would have meant that you would not have to march. Think about that. Your vote. We kept telling you that you'll vote counted because the marching is nice. But your vote counted. You had weight and you didn't use your weight. You can have some of this weight I got on me. I like to lose about twenty five pounds.
Speaker 3: Good God, Please, that's my left yellow Take some of mine.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys for doing it us. We look forward to here for you next week. I will be on the road. I will see you guys next week. I'm doing an interview on Tuesday on Facebook with Trinity Black. Go to my Facebook page marks slame On Roe Parker for the details. It's gonna be one for the books. Peace, Oh excuse me. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattis. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys. This is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn