Speaker 1: All right, let's kid it rolling right here right now. This is Eyes up Here.
Speaker 2: You're listening to a brand new Eyes up Here on the Creative Control and Network. You didn't know by now. My name is Chad, and every single week I'm here with my co host, the host of this show, the one and only Queen of Extreme.
Speaker 1: She is this brand scene when we're coming to you live here from.
Speaker 2: The Eyes up Here Studios, the remote location of the Eyes up Here Studios duel locations, of course, but on this wonderful recording day that we have, it's great to see you.
Speaker 1: It's been a while.
Speaker 2: But how's everything going in the Queen's Kingdom?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we take it today by day here, day by day, day by day. Yeah, Mom's declining.
Speaker 4: That's the whole nother.
Speaker 3: God, I could it would take me three hours to explain what's going.
Speaker 4: On with that.
Speaker 3: But I for myself and you know, my mental health and peace of mind. I've put all my energy into the gym and I've just been trying to work out a lot. And uh, it was funny the other day I went, I said, let me do some cardio, and I decided to call my friend Shelley Martinez as I was doing cardio, and three miles later.
Speaker 4: I noticed we were We were so.
Speaker 3: You know, into the conversation and I looked up and it was lunchtime and I had walked three miles already, and I was like, girlfriend, I gotta go. My kids are probably hungry. And I only intended to do forty minutes. And it just we were just talking about everything and anything, and so that was a good work out. And yesterday was a beautiful day and me and my son went for a walk and took a new path and went through a new neighborhood and that's always fun to do. And you know, today's kind of dreary, so no pool, which is sad, but you know, we have the whole summer ahead of us, so hopefully we'll get some hot days because it's weather's nice, but not pool nice, you know.
Speaker 4: And I need a tan. Everybody looks better with a tan.
Speaker 1: I need a tan, So I'll take this. I love this over the extreme hot.
Speaker 2: But I got the tan because I'm on the softball field three to four times a week. So I actually got complimented on my tan yesterday because I baking every day out there.
Speaker 4: Do you have a farmer's tan.
Speaker 2: You know, I know, I wear the sleeveless most of the time, so suns out, guns out on the side. I mean, I'm trying to impress those you know, those parents out there. You know, I got to show them kids still got it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Sure I was.
Speaker 1: I was having a conversation yesterday.
Speaker 2: You know, we have a couple of assistant coaches on the team, and at this level, you know, you see the coaches that's still like they think that they're still in their glory right there. They're winning because they're trying to pad their coaches record. I mean, it's it's a rec league tournament, right But this guy was talking about He's like, you know, I don't think I.
Speaker 1: Can still do this or I can still do that. And I'm sitting there, I'm like.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 2: Like I don't think I've lost anything, you know, Like I'm out here every day playing with these kids, Like I haven't lost a lick. I don't think on anything still, Like I'm not saying I can go and hit like a ninety mile an hour fastball.
Speaker 1: But I could still hit. I can still throw.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to be sharp if you're out there on the field with you know, kids that are just developing their skills.
Speaker 1: But you know, you gotta h you gotta stay sharp. But it's fun. I love doing it. But yeah, Sun's out, guns out.
Speaker 4: Why don't you play for an adult league?
Speaker 2: You know, there's really nothing in my immediate area. There's one, like one county over and I don't really have the desire to drive that far on the weekend, but I used to. Before I moved down to Virginia. I played on a team with my buddies in Jersey with the John Pass a two man power trip him, his brother, you know, a bunch of our friends and we had a ball. It was great and we were probably probably the worst team in the league, but it was more about the fighting.
Speaker 1: The fighting, yeah, but the.
Speaker 2: Fighting we had on the team and you know, the you know, the bickering, but then the drinking afterwards and it was it was always some of the best memories that I think we had over a three year period. But yeah, but and if you look at that, I've still played over that time where they probably haven't.
Speaker 1: But it's just I would love to, but it's just it's nothing close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, this week we we actually joined a church. I know, we've just you know, we've just just a little bit in the past. And we went down there, my husband and I and had a meeting and everybody seems really nice. My husband had gone there probably like two or three weeks ago to register and mentioned about like how my mom, you know, isn't doing well and is sick, and how we we wanted to get annoying of the six h slash last rights for her just in case go forbid something happens, you know, And you know, we left our information there, and I'm thinking, oh, they'll call when they're ready to send somebody over or something like that. And I'm doing housework and there's a knock at the door.
Speaker 4: And I do have a sign on.
Speaker 3: The door that says no soliciting, so anytime somebody knocks, I'm pissed.
Speaker 4: I'm like, read the sign.
Speaker 2: Box, you go find that cane that you have stories yeah, the door, Like I still know how to use this.
Speaker 3: I'm about to open a can of whoop as on someone when they bring the bellart or give me a knock at the door. Knock at the door, and I go over and I open the door and it's this little priest. And it took me about ten seconds and I said yes, and he says hello, and then it hit me and I'm just like, oh, this must be the priest from.
Speaker 4: The new parish. So I, you know, I introduced myself. I'd let him in obviously.
Speaker 3: He stayed about thirty minutes and sat with my mom and she was thrilled, you know, and he asked permission to you know, from her, to anoint her and give her a confession, and I had.
Speaker 4: To leave the room.
Speaker 3: He says, we need privacy for this. I'm thinking, what the heck that she have to confession? She doesn't move like she's ninety three, but we you know, we have that monitor, so I heard everything.
Speaker 4: Anyway, she's hooked up to a baby monitor.
Speaker 3: But he was so loving and nice with her, and he kissed her on the forehead when he was done, and she was like, well, can I get communion? And he says, I don't have communion with me, but I'll you know, I'll come back whenever.
Speaker 4: You want and see you. And he hugged me twice.
Speaker 3: He gave my husband a hug, and he went up to my kids and he shook their hands and touched their foreheads and stuff like that. So he's a very very nice He seems like a very very nice priest like him.
Speaker 4: Then we went and this was for.
Speaker 3: The CCD classes, so we enrolled them in CCD and you know, my kids are a little.
Speaker 4: Behind in that aspect.
Speaker 3: So we're doing CCD through this summer and then we have the option to go in person.
Speaker 4: They're very flexible. They said, you can.
Speaker 3: Come one week, stay home one week, you can do it all from home. You got one kid, come in, one kid, stay home, whatever you want. So we don't have to decide anything until August, and we're just taking each lesson day by day and going over stuff with them and we'll see what happens, you know, in August. But I was very disappointed because they don't have a youth group or pyramidstry group for the older kids, which would be my daughter. They do have to do like volunteer work, she said, like they go to after Christmas, they'll go to the cemetery and they'll collect the flowers off of the headstones. They make sandwiches for the homeless and distribute to them at a shelter. They have bingo that they can play, so there are opportunities where she can meet other children, which is great, not for my son. Yet they don't do that until they're like eighth grade. So I feel better, you know that we did this. It's one step that I can check off my list of one hundred things to.
Speaker 4: Do and maybe, you know, maybe it'll help go into church. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know that's you know, some people believe in it, some people don't. We got away from it during COVID, a little before COVID, to be honest with you, but jeez, anything that brings me to inner peace right now, I am open for it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, because it's it's rough, it's been rough.
Speaker 3: And I just want I want calmness. I just want happiness. So maybe the church will help. I don't know, but they might. And you know, we're we're kind of hate to use the word stuck, but we're committed for three years because it's gonna take my on three years to get his sacraments. My daughter only has like she'll make confirmation in March and then she's done. She doesn't have to tend classes anymore.
Speaker 4: But you know, she got the path, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: She started off the Catholic school, so she has her communion and penance and and all that stuff. And my son, because of the approxia, he had to go to the public school with the IP and.
Speaker 4: You know, he's a little behind. So I was saying, you know, communion is second grade.
Speaker 3: My son's going into sixth grade and he's going on five to four.
Speaker 4: He's huge like his dad.
Speaker 3: So I said, well, does he have to be with the second graders, like can he make it on his own, like during church or something? And they said, yes, absolutely, you know, he doesn't have to be with the little kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll let you do a separate ceremony after church. Yeah, right right now during church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be like the twelve o'clock went.
Speaker 4: Out, it is.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm good, but it won't be this year. She said, he has a year catch up, and then the following year he'll be ready.
Speaker 4: And I said, whatever, you go.
Speaker 2: Into that by accident and we'd be like, oh god, we've gotta sit through somebody's communion.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, I know, right, Well, guess what we're doing it that way because he's too big to be with the little kids.
Speaker 4: Like I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I'll just be funny from the site perspective.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's huge. I mean, you know, four now he's almost five four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't that big when I saw him. What last? When did I see him?
Speaker 4: Like, well, I think you when you came the last and weren't the kids in the pool.
Speaker 2: They were in the pool. I'm trying to think when I saw him standing last. Oh, it was probably August twenty one, so yeah, he was a lot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's two years ago.
Speaker 1: Years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's been working out in the gym with waits and shit. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Man, he's a destroyer on our hands here.
Speaker 4: He's getting it.
Speaker 1: Man, he'll be the heavy sooner or later.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But my daughter's already taller than I am, so I'm assuming he's gonna, you know.
Speaker 4: Be taller than both of us. And we just had to buy him new sneakers. Now he's a nine and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh damn.
Speaker 4: And I'm just like, kidd and you're killing me, you know.
Speaker 3: So they I'm telling you, they grow up fast, and you blink you miss something.
Speaker 4: So where we are, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just you look back and and it just I remember them when they were babies and now I got a teenager and almost a preteen on my hands, and I'm just like, I have to just live for today, you know, do stuff that makes you happy, and that's what we need to do now. So and of course this Eyes up Here podcast makes me so happy, and that's why I do it every week.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say that, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So I do apologize for last week.
Speaker 3: It was there was a lot going on here and I just needed a week to smooth everything out. And you know, hopefully no mo're hiccups and we're back to norm. Also, I appreciate everybody who reached out to me on Twitter and on social media and the calls and texts from friends, and it really meant a lot to us. Like I said, day by day, we'll see where it goes. But right now we're hanging in there. So hey everyone, it's the Queen of extreme freancy and I just want to talk about HelloFresh.
Speaker 4: With HelloFresh, you get farm fresh, pre portioned ingredients and seasonal recipes delivered right to your doorstep.
Speaker 3: HelloFresh is easy to use, everything is in the box, and it's great for people that are on the go or don't really have time to prepare a meal on their own.
Speaker 4: Good food is too precious to waste.
Speaker 3: HelloFresh is pre portioned ingredients cut down on your food waste, which is good for your wallet and the planet. Skip trips to the grocery store and count on HelloFresh to make home cooking easy, fun and affordable. That's why it's America's number one meal kit. Spend less time in the kitchen with.
Speaker 4: Quick and easy meals like hellofreshes.
Speaker 3: Ass and fresh pineapple chicken tacos, or full off for power balls, ready in fifteen.
Speaker 4: Minutes or less.
Speaker 3: Just remember, HelloFresh is America's number one meal kit.
Speaker 4: And you heard it right here from the Queen of extreme free scene.
Speaker 3: Go to HelloFresh dot com slash Franccene fifty and use code Fransceine fifty for fifty percent off plus your first box ships free. Again HelloFresh dot com slash Francine fifty and use code.
Speaker 4: Francine fifty or fifty percent.
Speaker 3: Off plus your first box ships free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's it's funny. We go through news obviously, we talk about news. We talk about old stories. You know, we revisit stories, We go back and watch old matches, we talk about the olden days of your we talk about ECBA.
Speaker 1: But you know what I've.
Speaker 2: Seen going through the dirt sheets and looking up stories is I'm just seeing so many regurgitated news items that we've heard a million times being.
Speaker 1: Reprocessed and put back out as news.
Speaker 2: Now, I understand as the years go by and people are interviewed that the same stories are going to be discussed again. And obviously you get interviewed a lot, the same questions are asked, the same stories are retold, the same articles are written. As somebody who gets interviewed, is it frustrating to answer those questions? Because as a reader, as somebody, because literally just going through a website and clicking and looking for stories, I'm going through and I'm seeing, Okay, why are they asking the same question? And I'm reading the same article again? Why are they asking this guy the same question? And I'm reading the same article again. It gets to be redundant and it's a little frustrating. Does it get frustrated for you?
Speaker 4: No? And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: Because everybody that is a reporter is on their own platform, right. They have their own website, they have their own podcast, whatever you know, news paper, whatever, whatever they're doing, it's their own. So for them, this is the first time that they're speaking to me or any other talent out there. There's always going to be that at least one person who hasn't heard this story or this is news to me, or this is new I never knew you did that, blah blah blah. As time goes on, your audience grows. If you are hustling out there. I put up a picture that somebody tweeted at me, and I retweeted it, and you know, now, I'm over forty eight followers on Twitter. I gained a bunch of followers just because of this picture. People were like, it's got over two thousand likes. It's I think it was seen almost four hundred thousand impressions or something like something ridiculous like that. But people, I've never seen this picture before and it's been out there forever. So you're always gonna get that one person who hasn't heard that story or who didn't know this fact about you. So for me, I don't mind retelling a story because maybe there's somebody out there who hasn't heard it, you know, and sometimes you know somebody's career might not have a lot in it, and what.
Speaker 4: Are you going to talk about? You hit the important points right.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean, I've been in the game for thirty years, but my success as primarily was in ECW.
Speaker 4: So you have seven years of content you can talk about.
Speaker 3: But you know, somebody like Haul Cogan has like I don't know, forty plus, fifty years whatever however long, He's been in the business way more content than I do.
Speaker 2: And that's a great example because that's one of the ones I saw that frustrated me because Hulk Hogan's got a.
Speaker 1: Forty year plus palette of things to ask him.
Speaker 2: Why am I reading Hulk Hogan on body slamming Andre the Giant, Because that's.
Speaker 4: One of the major things that he's known for.
Speaker 3: That was a major standout at that pay per view or that show, or you know wherever.
Speaker 4: He did that.
Speaker 3: People like to talk about that. These journalists are pinpointing important events that happened in these people's careers. Now, when we have guests on the show in the beginning, I so gun ho on going on their wiki and studying and doing a timeline. Well, you were trained by this guy and you did this, and you did that blah blah blah. If I know a person, I kind of think that the approach I'm taking nowadays is more interesting.
Speaker 4: I like to know more so.
Speaker 3: Private stuff if they'll open up about it, things that make them happy, hobbies that they do, you know, what currently are you doing? What are you watching on TV? Blah blah blah. That kind of stuff, to me is more relevant because they've done all these other interviews where they've been asked the same questions over and over again.
Speaker 4: So I try to avoid that if I can. Now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we get a guest that I've never met, I don't know much about.
Speaker 4: I have to go to Wiki and I go down the line because I don't know them as a person. What am I supposed to talk about?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? I like the more personal interviews where you.
Speaker 3: Can talk about your kids, or you can talk you know, if you're if you're comfortable with that, your home life kind of stuff outside of the box. I've stated a million times I'm a bigger fan of the reality aspect of wrestling than I am of the actual wrestling product that they're putting out.
Speaker 4: I'll give you an example. I just watched the whole season of the ae W. Oh shoot, what is it called? Ae W?
Speaker 3: The reality show they put out the Cody I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Was it about Cody Rhodes?
Speaker 4: No, No, it was it was how many episodes? It was either six or eight episodes?
Speaker 3: They follow Britt Baker and Adam Cole, Sammy and Tay Who else was the box pinpoint on those three? And then Ruby so and.
Speaker 1: Uh there, No, I'm not familiar.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: You know, people are gonna say it's a work, Okay, Total Divas was a work.
Speaker 4: Total Bells was a work. But guess what.
Speaker 3: I liked seeing them in that different environment. I liked seeing them with their families, with their kids outside. This aw show showed them like driving to shows, talking about the frustrations of not being booked.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Uh, the Bucks were talking about how they were away for the two months and how nervous they were coming back and they didn't.
Speaker 4: Know what kind of reaction they were going to get.
Speaker 3: Adam Cole, Uh, he came back after you know, the concussions that he had, and they were showing him go to the doctor and the conversations that they had in the car.
Speaker 4: She was so nervous about his return.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that me is good television, and I like seeing the personal side more so than the character.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Do I enjoy a good wrestling match, Sure I do. I'm even gonna watch Collision this weekend, probably because it's a big show. I want to see punk I want to see how they react to him. Certain things I'll watch. I'm not gonna sit there and watch forty hours of wrestling. That's not what I do anymore. But the bigger shows. I like to sit down my husband and I maybe I'll have a glass of wine and watch the pay per view, you know, because it's Father's Day and we'll enjoy it the day after it airs, you know.
Speaker 4: But to me, I like the personal side.
Speaker 3: So when I interview somebody, if we can talk about things besides who trained you? You know, what school did you go to? Did you get ribbed like stuff like that. You've talked about that already. I like talking about different right, So, but no, to answer your question, I don't get upset or annoyed because, like I said, it could be somebody listening for the first time.
Speaker 4: The interviewer might not even be familiar with me, and I.
Speaker 2: Get that look I've interviewed hundreds of people had on the back, you know, dropping not any name specific, but dropping two hundred plus people probably, And that was what I tried to do. I never wanted to go formulaic. I never wanted to just do the whole hit the spots isctly what you said the Wikipedia. But to your point, yes, somebody might be listening for the first time. Somebody might never heard of so and so performer. But again, when you're reporting something, I think if you really want to stand out, give somebody something that you never heard before, give them something in that interview that might might be like, wow, that's something I never knew, or that's something that might pop out, rather than you know, like I'm going.
Speaker 1: Through something I go oh, you know.
Speaker 2: One article was Hulk Hogan explains the difference between the Old ARA and the New Era. Like, okay, I want to know what he's got to say about that. Not Hulk Hogan explains how body slamming Andrea the Giant.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, you've heard that a million friggin times. Or Ted Dibiasse explains why he didn't like The Ultimate Warrior. It's like We've heard it a million times, Chris Harris, you know, very short time in WWE and his ill fated Brandon Walker character.
Speaker 1: We've heard it a million times.
Speaker 2: Focus on something else, and that's what I get frustrated with. So that was just going and looking up stuff for the show with just you know, try harder, try hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and you know, content is difficult because some people won't open up. I tend to open up more than I probably should. Two people, like I think I share a lot of my not everything, but I share a lot of my home life on this show.
Speaker 1: He just did for the first twenty minutes, right right.
Speaker 3: But people, I think people did that. And there are people who are strictly you know, professional and they don't want to let you in. And I respect that as well, you know, But yeah, there's only so many times you could tell the same story over and over again. Can't put a twist on it because then you're just adding stuff to make.
Speaker 4: It more interesting, you know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just find find it like I in a way, it is redundant. But again it's it's kind of like, you know, this guy might not know anything that I've done, and he's on my or he he just never listens to other people's podcasts, right, he doesn't know what was asked or what I've talked about in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is coming from a guy who's been watching twenty five year old shoot interviews, you know, while I'm working or listening to him during the week, you know, so, and I'm seeing those being reported on as news. You're seeing something that somebody talked about in two thousand and eight on a shoot interview being regurgitated and used as a news piece.
Speaker 1: And to me, that's not fair. That's like that, that's like, that's cheap.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I hate these these news sites are reporting angles as.
Speaker 1: News, and that's also, well, that's lazy.
Speaker 4: That's stupid. It's an angle, for God's sakes.
Speaker 3: Like I'll see something and I'm like, oh, damn, because I don't watch the show, right, So when I see so and so hate so and so, blah blah blah, and then I click it and then it's.
Speaker 4: Like a recap of the show I am living. I'm like, damn, I'm never going to read this site again. They got me. They got me for that clickbait, you know, Like, why would you report that as news.
Speaker 2: It's that line that's been blurred over the years, is because over time it's become more real to the modern fan and they take it as it's so serious. But you know, but I swear to God though, I have been listening to these old shoot interviews and I don't know if it's just because to me, I find the old school business so much more fascinating.
Speaker 1: And you name the territory, whether it's.
Speaker 2: ECW or WWF or WCW, mid South World Class Memphis, Florida, everything about it, the booking, the road, the lifestyle, the way the.
Speaker 1: Guys talk about it.
Speaker 2: Hours it could be four freaking hours, and I'm listening to every minute of it and I love every second.
Speaker 1: It's it's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a different eraror we said it a million times, like it's so so different.
Speaker 4: Like twenty thirty years ago than it is now. Is it better as it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, but I just like, like I'm watching this show, the AAW show, and I'm just seeing how things are done, and I was getting.
Speaker 4: Flashbacks so corny.
Speaker 3: I was getting flashbacks of being in Gorilla and hearing the music hid and getting ready to go, like go out because they.
Speaker 4: Show, you know, they show them in the back getting ready.
Speaker 3: To go through the curtain, and the ones like, oh my god, I'm gonna get sick, I'm gonna throw up. And I was like, that was me. I always said I was gonna get sick, and she was always like, please don't feel called me. I'm like, dude, I'm so nervous, you know. And that nervous energy is what you know keeps you in the game. And somebody said, if you don't feel that, you shouldn't be in the business. And I've said that a million times, like when that goes away, it's time to hang up the boots or not continue, because you need that nervous energy. It's just it's part of who you are as a performer and just fun to watch. I really should I wish I knew the name of the show A w something, but it was like six or eight episodes.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed. I watched the whole thing. I did a like a marathon in two days. I watched everything that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were two that really stood out to me that I watched. The second one will segue into our next topic, but The first one I watched was a Rock and Roll Express shoot interview. Right, they're still hanging around, you know, rock and Roll. I think they're just winding down.
Speaker 4: Officially, still everywhere I go.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah, Ricky is still working, you know, he's still he's still getting in there. But what everybody tends to forget over time because obviously you know he's passed away now. But Dusty Rhoades, you know, as a booker, it was a very tencious booker, right, because he was still a top guy while he was booking. And what they would point out in this shoot interview was how Dusty never let the guys who were climbing the ranks of popularity clips Dusty.
Speaker 1: So once they.
Speaker 2: Were starting to make a little bit more, and once they were getting a little bit higher pop than Dusty, Dusty would tag with them, right, steal a little bit of their gimmick to a six man, and then like Dusty would just get a little bit higher on the card, get the pin, and then Dusty would you know, get the notoriety.
Speaker 1: And it just was fascinating and what yeah, mom, he's the booker. He do whatever the hell he wants.
Speaker 2: But it just was funny like, you know, they would talk about the A, B and C towns and how Dusty's always a A and they were always to B but they were always you know, getting the biggest pops and they would they were the tag champs and they were this.
Speaker 1: They would have.
Speaker 2: It just was fascinating to me that still after all those years, they still had the stories to tell.
Speaker 1: And I just I loved it.
Speaker 2: But the second one I watched was more of an in memoriam because it was Shieky Baby and it was from about twenty twelve with Sean Oliver lrip Iron Chic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely that was sad.
Speaker 3: I knew he was sick, but I wasn't sure like to what level it was at. Like I was told he wasn't making any more appearances, so I just, you know, I assumed he was wasn't healthy enough to travel. And he's one of the accounts like that I follow on Twitter and I always would say to myself, there's no.
Speaker 4: Way that this guy is just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I would just go on Twitter and Pop every day to see like at least one tweet from that account, and it was just always so funny.
Speaker 2: It It was a team in Canada, two brothers in Canada that ran.
Speaker 3: His uh oh, okay, okay. I've met him several times. I don't think he ever remembers meeting me because it's always I would always get that that confused look.
Speaker 4: And they'd be oh yeah, so yes, and then he would shake.
Speaker 3: My hand or kiss my hand or something like grab you know, grab me tight my hand. It was, but it was always first that confused look. We did have him in W E W H as a manager. I don't know if he knew what.
Speaker 4: Was going on.
Speaker 3: It was just, uh, you know, girls are everywhere, what girls were making out, what girls were getting topless, and he's just looking around like.
Speaker 4: What the ring is going on?
Speaker 3: But that added to the charm of having him in for the evening, you know what I mean. But I didn't, you know, I didn't get to work with him ever. I don't know was I include.
Speaker 4: I might have been in like.
Speaker 3: Out there for that match, but I didn't have any interaction with him.
Speaker 1: So but I was I was sad.
Speaker 4: You know, you're always sad to hear that somebody passes away.
Speaker 3: You know, hopefully he didn't suffer. I don't know what it was. Do you know what he passed from?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I did not see the official cause of death. I just know he's been in fading health for the last couple of years. I had two signings with him over the last three years. One got completed, the second one didn't. The second one was delayed multiple times because of his health and ultimately didn't get done. But that was also because the guy who was the intermediary was complete nincompoop. I know who he is, yeah, and he completely dropped the ball and you know, is an absolute ass. So you know, no, no, I don't know if we're if we're thinking about the same guy. The guy I'm talking about is just a complete underhead. So but you know, the response that the first one got showed how much respect people still had for just again going back to what we just talked about, that era, right of that, but that bygone era of the legends of the eighties and the rock and wrestling era and the uber heel right, the guy who you hated because of what he was. He was the iron chic, he was anti America. He was doos spitting on.
Speaker 1: You because you were supposed to hate.
Speaker 2: Him, and something that is not They try to replicate it, but never duplicate it and just such a character. But watching those shoots, I mean, in the stories that he still could tell in like twenty twelve, Oh my gosh, just such a character. And I know people now remember more for the rants, you know, and the make you humble and the you know, the Howard Stern stuff, And yes, that was funny, and yes he became an absolute hoot over the later part of his life. But dude was tough as nails, strong, an ox and a hell of a wrestler. And I'm telling you go back and watch some of that stuff from the eighties because he was a dynamite, dynamite performer.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Howard Stern error with with Chiky we we pulled up the other day HAWLK. Hogan in the studio and she called in, and it was chic. It wasn't like one of the interns doing an impression or where. And you know, Hogan was saying, hell, he talks a lot of crap, but then when he sees him, he kisses his ass.
Speaker 4: And basically he was.
Speaker 3: Saying, it's just the work, you know, It's just the work. And she called in and at first he was like giving him the business and then he goes, oh, but Bubba, you know I love you.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: Hogan goes, I love you too, and that's.
Speaker 1: How that's great.
Speaker 4: It was so funny. Yeah, and then Hogo goes, yeah, that's how it is with him. So, h we had watched that when we found out that.
Speaker 2: That's what I love about him, and that seems like that's how a lot of the the interactions went.
Speaker 1: Now, the one I went and watched.
Speaker 2: Did you remember the stuff with the Ultimate Warrior that had happened around that time, like twenty ten ish, I believe maybe a little bit before now. So at a convention, Ultimate Warrior was signing. Maybe it's a little bit for maybe like two thousand and seven, Ultimate Warrior was signed. It was a convention in New Jersey and Chic and Bruno San Martino were with Eric Sims, super agent Eric Sims New Jersey Fame. He brought Bruno over to get a picture with Ultimate Warrior. Warrior took the picture of Bruno, did the deal. Bruno went back, so then he brought Chic over. Now she had said some very derogatory statements about the Ultimate Warrior publicly. Altimre Warrior was not happy about it and refused the picture with the Iron Chic, to which the Iron Chic then went on an epic rant and then slapped this ship out of Eric Simms in public.
Speaker 1: Right, it's on video.
Speaker 4: Why because Eric brought him over there, Because he brought.
Speaker 2: Him over there and embarrassed him and everything, and oh my gosh, it's epic, but it made it was to me one of the most early viral wrestling videos that ever made the rounds of the internet all one.
Speaker 1: Of the best. Oh, it's awesome. The confrontation's out there, it's so it's classic.
Speaker 2: And then like they talked about it too, Eric and Chic talk about it in an interview too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they've worked together years after that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for you, Eric and she were that for many many years. But oh so funny.
Speaker 2: But another thing too, this was incredible and it's so you know, the k Fabe commentaries, we've talked about those, the style of the U shoots and the outrageous questions she talks about, you know, you know, the girls and whatever, and I never would have thought this And if it's out there in full, people want to check it out. It's on the KFA Commentary's YouTube channel. Talking about how Nikolai Volkov would party, would partake in the after parties with the Sheik and the girls, And I never would have expected that in the in the the rock and wrestling era.
Speaker 1: So you got not.
Speaker 2: Only did you get them as tag team champions in the ring, you got them as tag team champions in the post shows.
Speaker 4: Like they would take turns with.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Nikola used to call me all the time and leave me messages and ask how my kids were and how my husband is, and oh.
Speaker 2: Because they were you know, they would say like, oh, you know, did Nikolay partake in the you know, the the medicine.
Speaker 1: As she called it, or you know the A to the Z as he called it?
Speaker 2: And he said, uh no, you don't do the A to the Z or the medicine man, but he do the girls.
Speaker 1: He taking the girl. Well, God, never ever want.
Speaker 2: To get that picture because he was always so soft spoken, mild.
Speaker 4: Manner and love Nikolay soy and you.
Speaker 2: Never could never picture again the tag team champs in the ring and the tag team champions.
Speaker 1: Outside of the ring.
Speaker 4: And you know something, and I have it on my phone.
Speaker 3: There was a picture of Nikolay and and chic on a tandem bicycle and they said, it's kind of like friendship goals. Your friendship eight nothing if you haven't wrote a tandem bicycle.
Speaker 4: Like these two.
Speaker 1: And it's not just pedaling.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's the Queen of extreme fancy. And I just want to talk about HelloFresh. With Hello Fresh, you get farm fresh, pre portioned ingredients and seasonal recipes delivered right to your doorstep. HelloFresh is easy to use, everything is in the box, and it's great for people that are on the go or don't really have time to pre a meal on our own. Good food is too precious to waste. Hellofreshes pre portioned ingredients cut down on your food waste, which is good for your wallet and the planet. Skip trips to the grocery store and count on HelloFresh to make home cooking easy, fun and affordable.
Speaker 4: That's why it's America's number one meal kit. Spend less time in the.
Speaker 3: Kitchen with quick and easy meals like Hellofreshes ass and fresh pineapple chicken tacos, or full oft for powerballs, ready in fifteen.
Speaker 4: Minutes or less.
Speaker 3: Just remember, HelloFresh is America's number one meal kit, and you'd heard it right here from the Queen of extreme free scene. Go to HelloFresh dot com slash Francceine fifty and use code Francine fifty for fifty percent off plus your first box ships free. Again, HelloFresh dot com slash Francine fifty and use code Francine fifty for fifty percent.
Speaker 4: Off plus your first box ships free.
Speaker 2: Two things I never ever thought I would ever picture after this where she can Volkov on a tandem bike and she can volk off tag team in some broad somewhere in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: It was a cute picture.
Speaker 3: But you know, I hear a lot of stories about these fans being double teams back in the day, and I don't know, never happened to me.
Speaker 4: I can honestly say that it's never happened to me.
Speaker 1: A lot of Buffalo Betty's out there, and you know.
Speaker 4: I don't think I would enjoy it either. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you think Howard Finkel comes in and goes, ladies and gentlemen, you please rise, as Nikolai Volkov would like to pull down his pants now for his presentation of his winkie so stupid.
Speaker 3: That you are, No, I just I don't, and then like, what do the girls do afterwards? Do they hang out and chat about, you know, the match, or do do the guys get the hell out of the room?
Speaker 2: Like what I'm gonna guess there's either a like turn over back with the guy's back facing them and that's the cue, yeah, or bathroom and that's the exit time I would get I mean, you know, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: I'd have to I didn't know either.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm just curious to know.
Speaker 1: I'd have to consult. I'd have to consult with one of my uh, one of my boys out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like how dirty would you feel?
Speaker 3: Like you just got rim like two wrestlers practically at the same time, and then they tell you to get the hell out.
Speaker 4: I feel so unloved if.
Speaker 2: The great thing about that one with the Sheep though, like again he had no filter, names, names, talks about everything and actually speaking of the Sheep will when we were in Middletown, I showed you the courthouse where Sheic and Hacksaw were booked when they got pulled over on the Jersey on the Garden State Parkway in nineteen eighty seven. Uh, in the Middletown Police station where they were booked, and Shiky references that in the U shoot. So I showed you that wrestling landmark you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was great, But yeah, I don't like to think about that kind of stuff, you know, because it kind of tarnishes, Like I just want to know, like as a fan, I don't want to know what happened like that kind of stuff. That's a little too much for my brain to come from.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm half in half, I'm PHYSI okay.
Speaker 3: I yeah, maybe I agree with you on that, But like if somebody we talked about this before, if somebody is such a phenomenal worker, excuse me, and you enjoy their work, but then you hear there like a dick outside of the ring, that kind of then I watch it and I'm just like, oh, I hate that guy, but he's so good in the ring. I want to like him, but I know what he did and that makes me hate him, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 1: That kind of thing, right.
Speaker 3: Like you can't take away that they're phenomenal talents and and they can go in the ring, but you hear something creepy or something weird, and it kind of is like you look at them different, and you like, I'm scheved out.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to look at you acually know.
Speaker 2: The Dark Side of the Ring featuring Marty Jeannetti is a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: To watch it.
Speaker 4: We're definitely watching it.
Speaker 3: I have not watched the last two, but I'm watching Marty Jeannette. I'm watching Bam Bam, and I'm watching my good friend Hackey Poo Sandman.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that one. Oh that's I forgot that one.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, we got to watch that one.
Speaker 1: Do we get it? Do we get a appearance?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'll see. I even asked them, I was like, why did they even do?
Speaker 3: He goes, I don't know, because I'm probably one of the only ones living, I said, No, Martin Jeannetti's alive too, I said, but it's it's weird, like out of all the people, they could have got Hacks on the list, Like, I love them, but why.
Speaker 2: Because they probably were thoroughly entertained when they interviewed him for New Jack. He probably he probably told nine hundred stories.
Speaker 3: He's entertaining a f like this, the like our road trips and you you witnessed a little bit of it when you when we dropped you off at your auntsiouncer wherever we took you. But him and I we will talk the whole time in the car and never lag like it's boom boom, and we laugh our asses off every single time.
Speaker 1: I have such a great time with him.
Speaker 2: We can just pull up our YouTube channel and the various blogs or vlogs that we have of YouTube driving.
Speaker 1: Now I think we have like five go back with you guys in.
Speaker 3: And hopefully I think we're together in August, him, me and Shane we're doing geek Fest.
Speaker 4: I think it's called in Shreveport, Louis it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'll hopefully film some stuff there for the.
Speaker 4: Log And because I haven't blogged in a long time, he.
Speaker 1: Can't come to the August show. I was talking to him about that one too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now he's booked with me.
Speaker 1: We ended up getting the Barbarian for that one.
Speaker 4: All right, well when's the next one? Can we do the next one? Maybe? What was it? October?
Speaker 1: November? November?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Book me for that right well right now?
Speaker 2: I actually you know what, I actually have something that might work for you.
Speaker 1: I love it actually, Oh curveball.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, let's talk about it, will Will. We don't need to go into the logistics.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: You know what I wrote down.
Speaker 3: Work.
Speaker 5: Six months out, but work nonetheless work, yes, yeah, but rest in piece Tashiki, the very very talented guy in and out of the ring, and he will be missed for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll miss you too, mister Francine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, are you getting back to a w Are you gonna watch Punk's return?
Speaker 1: Are you just going to watch a clip of it or not? Sure?
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll probably watch the clip when he came back to the first show, the Dynamite show, I was all in a or the whatever, the rampage.
Speaker 1: I watched that. That was great.
Speaker 3: Eh, yeah, I'm interested. And the pay per view after the week after that looks really good.
Speaker 1: Oh the Forbidden Doors, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Forbidden it was really good. I think I might watch that as well. I think I'm gonna get both of them a try.
Speaker 2: So really funny. Right they were in Washington, d C. A mirror fifty minutes away from me two nights ago. Okay, I learned that the day before they're advertising sucks.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: How do I not get rammed with Aw's come in to Washington? Aw's coming to Washington. My brother lives ten minutes from the arena that they were at.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: The first time he knew and he goes to shows at this arena, he goes to uh, you know, he goes to a coffee shop next to the arena.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: The first time he saw AW was coming in the arena was when he walked by and people were lined up to go in. Really, their advertising is.
Speaker 1: Terrible because honestly I would have gone.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 1: I would have gone with my brother.
Speaker 4: They don't walk around the neighborhood and uh on the totem pole, and.
Speaker 2: They don't where's my targeted ad for people within you know, one hundred miles where's the marquee outside of the arena in Washington to say Aw's coming? Have you seen what the arenas look like for the show. They could use the tickets, and honestly I would.
Speaker 1: I would have maybe asked somebody, I know if I could go to the show. But I would have gone.
Speaker 2: I you know, I would have gone. I would if my brother lives right there, I would have gone.
Speaker 1: It would have been interested. But I'll probably just watch whatever the twitter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm kind of like kind of like interested to see since you know, a lot of people are talking about it, and I know the pay per view the Forbidden Door is going to be really good.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of matches on there that are supposed to like blow the roof off the place. Yeah, And I was saying, like, if there's nothing else to watch, we can go back and sit there. And you know, even if we watch a couple of matches a night or something, we can do it that way. But I'm kind of interested to see what's going on. I'm I don't know, there's there's still a little bit of a wrestling fan in me, and even though I'm not one hundred percent invest it, I kind of just want to check it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I might do that. And in is Father's Day and my.
Speaker 3: Husband likes it, so I told him, if you want to sit together and watch you know, Collision, I'll watch it with you.
Speaker 1: Well, happy Father's Day.
Speaker 2: Let's see what if I wrestling why, I mean, I've seen some more of the the Bloodline stuff on RAW. That's really the only stuff that I check out. And it's like they had the USO one of the USSO brothers turned on Roman right, and now the other USO. It's like, what's he gonna do?
Speaker 4: But it's like, don't know, Yeah, should have.
Speaker 1: Done that a few months ago, you know, like stretched it out. Yeah, it kind of stretched out a little too long.
Speaker 2: And Hayman, I mean maybe he's getting a little long in the tooth and the acting chops are getting a little.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's maybe when he was with Brock he was a little sharper. It's getting a little like given you give him too much, it's you know what I mean, it's it's he's starting to get a little older now. It's yeah, the timing's off, it's not it's a little more exaggerated, like he's a little bit more of a cartoon character than he was like when he was, Hey, I'm just a voice behind the killer kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It's damn, I got to go check out Paul's work now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a you know, it's kind of lost it.
Speaker 2: So for me, I'm stuck in nineteen eighty four through nineteen ninety eight. Anything I found, oh my god, for whatever we do a watch along. I found a house show from ninety seven. Yes it is some I forget that it's a six man it's wild.
Speaker 4: Let's do it Wednesday. It's scuse the members.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. I got to look at it.
Speaker 2: I believe it's it's a triple threat against some it's a weird six man, but it's it's wild.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: We'll write it down.
Speaker 1: I will. No, I haven't saved. I was going to use it anyway.
Speaker 4: But it on Wednesday when we do our live.
Speaker 2: But that's the extent of my wrestling right now is about eighty four to ninety seven.
Speaker 4: When does this episode air?
Speaker 1: Going creative, I'm going to try to chop it up and get it out.
Speaker 4: Well it air before Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it'll air before Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Try. Oh okay, So we'll announce our we haven't announced our guest yet, but we're going to announce them.
Speaker 4: We're going to bring back Rye back to YouTube Live.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are chopping at the bit to ask them some questions. So I'm hoping people turn out and droves on Wednesday evening. So Wednesday, seven pm Eastern Standard time right on YouTube. Just type in ECWDVA Francine or a Francine ECW. It'll bring you to the chance and we're going to have him live and he has been amongst a lot of controversy lately, but he told me, now, you know, things have been calming down a little bit and he's allowed to talk. And I'm super excited to have him on because he's always been super sweet to me and I like him a lot.
Speaker 4: And he's returning. He's making his triumphant return to eyes up here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he went through the ringer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 2: A guy who's in a rare class. That's all I could say. And we'll talk about it with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: So if you're hearing this now, please come over to YouTube on Wednesday evening and if you haven't subscribed.
Speaker 4: Let's just say why. Can we just ask you why? Why haven't you? It's free to do.
Speaker 3: You just have to tap that subscribe button and ring that bell so you get the notifications. And we're slowly climbing. I mean, my goal by December thirty first, eleven fifty nine pm is ten thousand subscribers.
Speaker 1: Can we do it? Oh, we'll be there.
Speaker 3: We need your help, so please share. If you see me, tweet it, retweet it. And if you haven't subscribed, just hit the button help us out.
Speaker 4: It means a lot.
Speaker 1: We will be there.
Speaker 2: We're I mean almost halfway to eight thousand, so I think we're going to be there absolutely, And keep an eye on those channel memberships. Uploading content every single week. Interviews matches that we do, match commentary watch alongs because it's half and half. Sometimes we have the matchup, sometimes we don't. That's why I say match commentary versus a watch along. But interviews with past guests just stuff pulling out of the archives. This week I found for the Free Channel pulled out the Mikey Whipbreck interview. I bet you forgot we had, Mikey. That's how long ago that was. It was great epic story, which I don't know if you got nervous.
Speaker 1: That is the the edited story.
Speaker 2: He did tell the the the official story to us off the air. If you were wondering, we do have I do have the real footage of that.
Speaker 4: Was it that bad? I don't even remember it?
Speaker 1: You so, he said, you said text it to him? Yeah, yeah, but we talked about it off air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was drung. I know, I was drunk.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Off air was like after we were done recording the segment with him, he told us it really wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 4: I know everybody got drunk.
Speaker 1: Everybody more details, though.
Speaker 3: Well, I do remember throwing up, it like excessively throwing up, and him holding my hair and helping me and put and he put me to bed and he was a complete gentleman and nothing happened. And that's it. But it must have been I must have mixed, you mixed. Yeah, I had to have mixed.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody roofed me unless you never know, maybe they did, but I don't. We didn't really have that type of locker room unless there was a straggler included that evening that I didn't know about, because you don't know sometimes. But I do think it was just a matter of me drinking too much and throwing up.
Speaker 2: But I'm going through your timeline a little bit in our archives, so I pulled out, you know, some behind the scenes details of your debut. You know, I'm looking for stuff that you know, hits, hits a lot of the points.
Speaker 1: So pulling out a story where you're throwing up your guts talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about Jenna Jamison's ECW debut and butt plugs and you know, but I felt like, you know, Stephen DeAngelis again, that's a forgotten name to some people, you know. And I'm talking about stories that don't get told in the news. There's one of them. That's the guy who took care of Jenna and was responsible.
Speaker 1: For her being there.
Speaker 3: And Devine Brown go on on video. If you haven't seen it, just go watch the video catch up. There's such funny content on our.
Speaker 4: Channel, really is. And I love the comments. I think I'm caught up with most of the comments. And people are saying how much they love, you know, hearing the older stories.
Speaker 3: And they love ECW and this makes them feel nostalgic and they want to hear more and they're forever thanking us for doing this.
Speaker 4: So it's so nice to hear these type of comments. You know. I love it, I really do. It makes me happy. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: So it's it's very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I wish I could do the outtakes of my Jenna graphic that I used, but I was trying to go way extreme and then I was like, I don't want the channel to get fluted in trouble too.
Speaker 1: I had to pull back because it was a little too much nippage in the first Oh my, now, I don't need that a little too much she was covering by.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's just enough where I feel like it might be flaggable pull back, all right. If you want to follow me on social media, and I've been given this advice, it is at Chad I A n B on Twitter. So if people get confused if I say E and b oh yeah yeah, that they.
Speaker 1: Think it's E N B U. So it's Chad I A n B.
Speaker 2: Spell it out phonetically at IB exclusives on Instagram. I've gone very silent on Instagram because I've had phone issues and I don't remember the password, so I have not loaded it on my I had to go back to my iPhone eight plus and I'm I haven't loaded Instagram on there. So I'm a little quiet on there right now.
Speaker 1: But go to IB.
Speaker 2: Exclusives dot com. There's a lot going on inside ibexclusives dot com. If you go to my eBay store through IB exclusive dot com, you can see my eBay inventory, which is a real big part of what's going on inside IB Exclusives. I'm working with a client that we're unearthing a fifty plus year old sports inventory that has never seen the light of day and taking up a large majority of my time. And if you're a sports collector or you're looking for something that is off the wall, that is the place to go. So head over to IB Exclusives dot com and you can get it through there.
Speaker 4: Awesome, and your your other YouTube channel you want to play.
Speaker 1: It's perfectly rated, been quiet.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a chance to work on third episode, so just but go and subscribe because I'm gonna it'll hit sooner or later.
Speaker 1: But yeah, perfectly rated on YouTube, all.
Speaker 3: Right, across the board on social media, you can find me at ACWDVA Francine and if you were so inclined, please pick up a shirt from pwt's Just type Franccene in the search bar and there's ten different shirts to choose from. Again, Wednesday evening seven pm e streets the end time, we will have right back live on YouTube. So go over and hit the subscribe button and I hope to see you all there. And with that that is a ramp