Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour.
Speaker 2: In this Tuesday Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show had some phone calls coming up.
Speaker 3: Changed the pole question.
Speaker 2: Last night some basketball, The Joker had nineteen assists to go along with eighteen points and nine rebounds as the Nuggets beat the Pacers. He has career single game highs of fifty six points, twenty seven rebounds in nineteen assists, the only player since the merger to have those numbers on his resume. Will Chamberlain had twenty one assists in a game. Of course, he averaged fifty points one season, and I think had fifty five rebounds.
Speaker 3: It's different.
Speaker 2: Although I was wondering about this that we tend to look at Will Chamberlain's numbers with an asterisk because of who he's playing against. Right, Babe, Ruth, We don't have an asterisk about who he was playing with because he played before integration. But we did that to Will Chamberlain. I mean, Will can only play against whoever's guarding him. It's not his fault, you know, the evolution of basketball, he was ahead of the curve by a significant amount. Also, he had fifty five rebounds. In a game against Bill Russell, It wasn't going to matter who he was up against. He was going to dominate them. Now, was he a better team player than Bill Russell? He was not, because the resume shows that. But do we use the same analogy or asterisk with Jim Brown? Jim Brown with what he was doing in the early sixties, mid sixties, who was he going against? Was it similar to the athlete that Will Chamberlain was going against when he was dominating in the early sixties to mid sixties. Got to be fair, there are certain sports that were very very territorial about right, we just are baseball your territorial. What happened in that era, what happened you know, steroid era, post steroid era, what happened with pitchers starting pitchers? The way pitchers are? You know, we everybody kind of battle lines are drawn. Football it's a different game now. Defensive players, offensive players, What you can do? What you can't do? This quarterback's better than that quarterback. Who's better than that quarterback? This running back couldn't have played in today's All of that basketball very territorial. You know, Bob Coosey couldn't play now, well, Bob Coosey would evolve and if he was skilled enough then maybe he would be playing. Maybe he would be a John Stockton like player. Maybe he would you know, be somebody of that ILK. So I think we get caught up sometimes where we pick and choose. Wilt dominated the way Babe Ruth dominated, but we don't give Wilt the credit for the numbers that he put up. How many times have somebody said, hey, you know how many World Series times Babe Ruth has? Right, doesn't come on when you use it for an argument, Jordan, Yeah, six, never lost, Okay, but Bill Russell had eleven. Well but well, wait a minute, you just told me that that's the bottom line.
Speaker 3: It's winning championships here.
Speaker 2: That's why we think Russell is better than Wills because of the championships.
Speaker 3: So we pick and choose, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to your point, I think that's the big thing in the NBA. We measure somebody's greatness. Boy, how many championships they have the NBA players, NBA great players, in NFL quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: That's how we measure success.
Speaker 4: Like yesterday, most people don't know how many World Series I mean at World Series Stanley Cups, Wayne Gretsky has or Mario Lemieux, But we know how many championships Bill Russell has, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. That's how we measure greatness. So he would be higher. If he had the eleven, he would be Michael Jordan, he'd be Babe Rutha. Yeah, if you had all those championships, because people were going to say, Will Chamberlain did all that, and how many championships does he have? The center next to you has eleven, So I think that's what brings him down a notch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we pick and choose to strengthen our weaken an argument here, I understand it. It's just I think you got to be fair to who who was doing what and at what timeframe, what period, And Wilt dominated dominated, but it didn't win the same number of titles anywhere near what Bill Russell did. Okay, Bill Russell was nowhere near the offensive force that Wilt was. He was every bit the defensive player and then some and a great athlete. But we don't say, yeah, but who was Bill Russell playing against? Wasn't he playing against the same guys who were plumbers and electricians that JJ Reddick pointed out, like, you gotta be fair and we lack context. Now, Babe Ruth, they didn't play against any African American players, but we you know, we co sign on his numbers.
Speaker 3: I got man greatest player of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, but context, and I think that's where we have to be fair to the numbers that are being put up, even today's NBA numbers, they're going to dwarf some really really good players the eighties, nineties, early two thousands, like these numbers are it's crazy. Every night, how many players put up triple doubles now, I mean Joker put up nineteen Like, oh, by the way, that's the second most assist in NBA history for a center. The game is easier for him. But once again, you have people who are going to look at him and go, yeah, but he's not Shack, he's not a chem he's not I understand all of that, but we're going to pick and choose.
Speaker 3: Oh, he only won one title.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wait a minute, is it about titles? Is about stat Like, what's it about here? Joker is the best player in the world. Now, he's the best player.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think when Ben Yama is going to be hopefully he's healthy, he'll be the best player Jannis used to be. When's the last time Jannis's name came up?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Take him for granted. Em Bead's name comes up because he can't play anymore. Joker, you just take him for granted. You get to a certain point where how do I reinvent myself? It's almost like a band who's really good and then they have the drop off and then they have the comeback, or the actor or actress who is really popular, and then all of a sudden they have the drop off and then they have the comeback.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Joker could maybe win another title, but we pick and choose, which I find interesting in our arguments here. But all I'm asking is context, because there are people who still won't acknowledge Joker is brilliance.
Speaker 3: They won't, and.
Speaker 2: It's almost like he had he flukeishly won three MVPs and they want a title. It's not a fluke. It's not it's not exciting. You know, you may not like it, not your style about I love it. I love it because it's basketball, and it doesn't mean I don't like watching John Morant or Anthony Edwards or whoever you know is athletic. But I do love the science of basketball. I like watching a game within a game. I think it's fast, fascinating. Now, look, today's players so much better than ten years ago, twenty years ago. Yes, of course they are. That's the evolution of being an athlete. Joker, that's not an evolution. I could plug him in in the fifties and put it in black and white and you'd go, man, that guy is that George Mikeen be like, no, that's the joker.
Speaker 6: Last two seconds in today's games.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 6: He mu't even be like see, but guys like you could never play like that now. That's why it's ridiculous to even compare errors. You can never play like that was the most dominant guy ever.
Speaker 2: But if if he played in the sixties, we'd be like, you know, fast forward to now and we'd be like, now, look at that. You can't he never survive in today's NBA. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Paul Jokichi's first MVP year, he averaged twenty six ten and eight. He's up to twenty nine, twelve and a half, ten and a half, much improved. All his percentages are up, his three point percentages up everything's up.
Speaker 2: Ricky Fowler and the stars of the PGA tour heading through Florida.
Speaker 3: The bear Trap.
Speaker 2: That'll be this weekend Saturday and Sunday on NBC in Peacock. All right, see what's pull question that will have?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to take this one down because it's been so entertaining.
Speaker 3: Okay, is this the Green Bay Packers?
Speaker 6: The Green Bay Packers today are heroes or zeros. Right now we're up to fifty three percent zeros.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's really.
Speaker 6: It's gone back and forth a dozen times today and right now this is the largest zero's lead that we that they've had.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Congratulations. By the way, I mentioned this at the end of last hour, the Hornets accomplished something over the last two games that hasn't been accomplished since nineteen sixty seven. They lost to the Kings last night. They've now lost their last two games by combined ninety five points. That's the worst two game point margin since the Pistons lost back to back games by ninety five points in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Day, Stan Day, Next Day, st Day.
Speaker 9: This is the style of the day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America the official trading cards for the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: It was a special moment for me.
Speaker 2: Nineteen seventy seven, Pete Maravich set an NBA record for most points scored by a guard. He had sixty eight points against the Knicks. Now you can go to YouTube and you can watch the game. I watched the entire game, Pete. I think fouls out in this game. He could have easily had eighty points like he did. He missed some shots that he really should have made, Like it's hard to nitpick. You got sixty eight, but you know he could have had and there's no three point shot. Once again, all of those numbers that he put up. I think at the end of his career. They had the three point shot when he was in Boston, maybe, but you know, he didn't take advantage of it with all the scoring. And he wasn't a great player in the NBA. I think he was a fascinating player in the NBA. He was so far ahead of his time. But I just remember that, you know, the Knicks had nobody to guard him, and they had Walt Fraser at the time and Dean Meminger, I think.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he put up sixty eight Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 7: He was going against Bob McAdoo, Earl Monroe, Tom McMillan, Walt Fraser, Bill Bradley, Phil Jackson, Dean Memager. That was some of the knicks. The Pete Merrivitch was twenty six of forty three that game. He also had sixteen free throws. He had six assists, all right, and he wasn't just hogging it.
Speaker 3: You go beate.
Speaker 7: His next closest teammate scored twelve mo Howard.
Speaker 3: Moe Howard out of Maryland, that's right, and played with Tom McMillan at Maryland and Otto Moore port in ten auto more. Yeah sixty eight dang and no three point shoan. But all he was known as is was a gunner. But he was, I mean, he was a true gunner. But when your dad is your coach, and you know he's not being told not to shoot, but you got to be real good if your dad's gonna coach you and tell you that you can have the green light. He was able to shoot as much as he wanted to, and the energy it takes to be a great score is underrated. That's why I was always amazed at Kobe Mike Iverson every single night.
Speaker 2: You got to get thirty. Like you have to get thirty. They know you have to get thirty. The defense is geared towards you and just the energy it takes every single You know, there's always a guy an outlier. He'd be like, hey, put up twenty four. I could probably do this every night. No, you probably can't, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: So the crazy thing about Pete Maryrivich, him and Patrick Ewan might be the two guys where they're all time first ballot Hall of Famers in the NBA, but they might be more famous for their college career. Is anybody else in that category where you're at first ballot Hall of Famer, top fifty, top seventy five player, but you're you're iconic in college.
Speaker 2: Bill Walton, although I and you know I love Bill, he wasn't a great NBA player. He played great at times, he just wasn't healthy. I didn't think he was one of the top seventy five players. I think he's one of the top five college players of all time. It's just he had the magical year with Portland. The following year I think they were fifty and ten, he got hurt and he was really never the same and he got a title six Man of the Year with Boston, but I didn't think the resume was there. College he's one of the five best that I ever saw, but I would say, yeah, that's a couple of them in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, poll it's not at the same level. But Christian Lahner in the pros had five different seasons rareag eighteen or more points. He was not a bust. But he's totally known for Duke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he still played. He was not a Hall of Famer no NBA. But once again, they have the Basketball Hall of Fame. That's where it's different, whereas the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Somebody who's a first ballot Hall of Famer in the NFL, and but they're better. They were better known for their college careers. We could use that the same analogy for a different sport, right Marvin, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm with you completely, because after I saw Dino Raja and Vladi Deva get in Bloody Devac. They were fine NBA players, but they were more known for what they did internationally.
Speaker 2: Like Sharonis marshal owas correct, he's in also, Yeah, I did like him. They eurostep ye crazy?
Speaker 3: Now did he give us the euro Step.
Speaker 4: I think, so that's a travel I'm watching NBA inside stuff. That guy keeps traveling.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's not fair, yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: According to a few different websites, Genobili and Sharon's Marcellonis eurostep inventors.
Speaker 2: All right, like the Europeans. You know, Dirk gave us the step back. Need to your chest umper like moves down through history the skyhook is Kareem the crossover who gave us the crossover? Tim Hardy Hardaway. Tim Hardaway Hardaway was like he was mean spirited. He would give you the crossover and he gave you the forum to give a little separation to shoot that ugly jump shot of his.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Paully, I've got this whole website on the history of the Eurostep. You guys will nerd out on this. It first appeared in the media in two thousand and seven, when it started getting a real term. Tony Kukos did it in Europe before he joined the Bulls. When he joined the Bulls, he tried it and got called for traveling number of times he had to retire it couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, wait a minute, there were guys before him though, before Shroach wasn't Marshall Onis in the NBA before Tony.
Speaker 7: Checking, but Shrewoness and Genobli got away with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if feels like they were all around the same time.
Speaker 7: Sharunas joined the Golden State Wars in eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so when was Tony?
Speaker 7: I know a Coucos triedent and got called so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well Kuk coach would have been after that.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was after that. The ninety two Olympics.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Pippin and Jordan were not nice to hear.
Speaker 3: That was bad. They euro stepped all over him.
Speaker 5: Bloop bloop.
Speaker 3: Uh let me take a break. I got it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got some numbers here. Oh, I got some Tom Brady numbers here. Everybody wants to get rid of the tush push. I got some Tom Brady quarterback sneak numbers. Get rid of the quarterback sneak. Tom's too good?
Speaker 3: Had that for you?
Speaker 1: Coming up right after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together, we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 10: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the Heart Radio app.
Speaker 9: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 10: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 9: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 10: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 3: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 9: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Here's something Tom Brady was great at the quarterback sneak. He has a ninety percent conversion RADO and quarterback runs on third and fourth down at third and fourth and one garden since two thousand ninety over ninety percent of the time, and he led the league in quarterback sneaks from one to twenty nineteen. He had eighty five more than Drew Brees, who was second on that list. So the quarterback sneak with Brady and the Patriots ninety percent of the time. Now, it's not the tushpush, but it is almost automatic ninety percent of the time.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if anybody says, hey, that's not fair, Well, they can't because it's a quarterback sneak. The problem with the tush push is the person behind Jalen Hurts. I think Philadelphia would still be successful, maybe not as high, but pretty close to the same success rate if they didn't have the player behind Jalen Hurts. I think that's what bothers people. Jalen Hurts with his size, his strength, and that offensive line. If you look at the overhead picture in the Super Bowl first touchdown scored on the two push, Chris Jones is lined up sideways, so he's got his linebacker pushing him. I don't know what he's doing because you're not putting any pressure up the middle on the center, and that's where he got his neck hurt. And no wonder he's lined up to the side and they just basically ran through him like a toll gate. And you know, I don't I mean, you know, maybe they're just like JJ Watt said last Dame, or you can't stop it. Although would that give me pause if I'm the commissioner, Because if the commissioner, if JJ Watt said, Hey, Commissioner, I want to talk to you about the touch push, And if the commissioner said, hey, you know, what would you do? Well, you can't stop it. So this is coming from an all time first Battle Hall of Famer said you can't stop it? Is that enough to change it? Modify it? And I know everybody gets up in arms. If Philadelphia wasn't successful as a team, we wouldn't care about this. They outlawed the dunk because Leuel Sindor was so great. They got rid of the dunk. They got rid of the dunk with Wilt Chamberlain because they were great. They weren't breaking a rule other than hey, that's not fair. They said to Leuel Sindor, you can't dunk. We're not gonna let you dunk.
Speaker 3: The rest of us supposed to get up there. See on fair advantage.
Speaker 2: We're only six feet one. We can't get up there. I'm a nice layup, Chris, layup. Imagine that. They're like, uh no, you can't. We're going to take that away from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this overhead picture from the super Bowl and Chris Jones is asking to be hurt.
Speaker 6: But he's clearly trying to write, like JJ Watt said, with how low they get, right, they have the advantage because of that. Yeah, I'm guessing Chris Jones, well, he's clearly trying something different. I'm guessing he's trying to beat them to that spot so they can't get low, right, He's trying to beat them.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing. I have absolutely no.
Speaker 6: Idea, but I'm guessing he's trying to get lower to take away that advantage.
Speaker 3: But he has no power because he's going sideways.
Speaker 6: But he still has power, it's just driving in a different way.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I know what you're saying. I totally know what you're saying. I'm just trying to understand. He's clearly trying something. It clearly didn't work, but people are still trying to find ways to stop this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I'm sure there's I don't know exactly what the purpose was, but it seems to me like he's trying to beat them to a spot or to get lower first.
Speaker 2: The only thing I could see where the commissioner would go, I don't want players jumping over the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: I don't want that to happen, and they don't. No rules really benefit the defense. Nobody's going to care.
Speaker 2: But if you say, you know, how do we get rid of the tush push, well, we don't want defenders leaping over when really what you're saying is nobody wants to watch this anymore. Okay, two of the most successful teams this year were the ones who did this more than anybody else by a large margin, Buffalo and Philadelphia. It's just we have a problem when somebody does something successfully. If James Harden wasn't one of the great scorers of all time, we wouldn't really care if he did his step back take a step back jumper, we wouldn't care. Manu Jenobili's a Hall of Famer. The euro step that lay that's not fair and he's not even European. But don't let that stop you. It's when you're good at something, then we want to take could away from you. If you're not successful, nobody's going. Ah.
Speaker 3: You know what do you see that guy? It seems like he's traveling the whole time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the South America step doesn't work. You know, that doesn't work as a phrase.
Speaker 2: Eurostep more smooth, Yeah, Sharona's martial Onis was he would have been.
Speaker 3: Euro Ish, right, extremely Soviet Union.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 3: We don't consider them Europe though.
Speaker 7: I think we do. Eastern Europe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Eastern Bloc.
Speaker 7: East Coast.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's Europe. I don't know, is it.
Speaker 7: This is the most I think.
Speaker 11: We have Eastern Block bias. That is what's happening.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, thank you. This is the most dam Patristowe conversation ever. Where's Russia is?
Speaker 3: Is Russia considered Europe?
Speaker 5: Yes, because then it would be Asia if it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, well they feel like they're on an island now, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: This is interesting. Russia is a bit of a hybrid country. Russia is considered to be both part of Europe and Asia.
Speaker 3: Uh hah.
Speaker 2: Once again, the guy with a two point two grade point average comes through again, Todd.
Speaker 7: I have two thirds of Russia being approximately in Eastern Europe and one third in Asia. It's a transcontinental country.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to you.
Speaker 5: You had a geography class that day.
Speaker 3: I did love history geography.
Speaker 2: My basketball coach was my history teacher, so I had to really love that class.
Speaker 3: Never missed it.
Speaker 2: My playing time could be could be altered always. You know, that's where you sit up front in the class, where all the other times in class, I'd sit in the back like I have no interest in this, and I'd be front and center. Yes, yes, yes, sir mister Hopkins. Yes yes Marv.
Speaker 5: Now just raising my hair like you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes I am Mesopotamia.
Speaker 3: I know all about it. Eight were eighteen twelve and eighteen twelve.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they had an overture, they didn't they hear it coming?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 11: Is that why they find the top basketball coaches? They go to the history teacher. You know what you might want to look into also coaching the basketball team. He's so good at teaching history. I bet you'd make a great basketball coach.
Speaker 3: You know, they have to teach their teachers.
Speaker 11: Like what happens first though, Like you're the basketball coach and all of a sudden you gonna take your hand to history or the history teacher, and someone's got.
Speaker 3: To coach you have a teaching degree.
Speaker 11: It just seems kind of interesting that the history.
Speaker 2: Was this small school that I went to and they had all of Like the baseball coach he coached bath.
Speaker 11: I think the gym teacher maybe would coach the basketball team was supposed to like someone teaching geometry or history.
Speaker 3: And what was your great point average when you were in high school?
Speaker 11: Something in the three nine football. I'd ask my physics teacher, you mind coaching the basketball team. I'd go to him before I'd go to or her before having him.
Speaker 3: Nobody questions you're going to stay with the bed.
Speaker 11: Nobody questioned that your coaching basketball team or the history teacher, what are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What what could he know about basketball? The history teacher, well, he probably went.
Speaker 3: To college and then he was going to be a teacher.
Speaker 11: Sah. But if he's all in on teacher history, I don't know he has time to write up extras and o's on a decent level.
Speaker 3: Where they need we needed coaches, like we just didn't.
Speaker 11: Have a warm body to blow the whistle.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stay with us being the great high school athlete that you were.
Speaker 11: Yeah, second team behind second team.
Speaker 2: We saw you with paddle ball. By the way, By the way, is it on? I hesitate to bring this up. In the words of Paulie, when we go to the draft in Green Bay, there apparently will be a pickleball rematch. Okay, then Seaton, is it it is a rematch? Officially? Yes, okay, Because I was gonna I was gonna offer up another.
Speaker 5: Idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, like at four nations were going four nations.
Speaker 6: I'm currently booing the front row. What it we could do if back row? Front row wasn't juicy, we could do left side, right side. There were a lot of accusations made and a lot of credit given, whereas Marvin is very much seen as the weak link of the front row and Todd was very much seen as the overwhelming dominant force of the back row. Something I take slight umbrage with, Okay, is this Marvin and Todd versus you and Paul No, that would be me and Marvin versus Todd and Paul.
Speaker 2: Okay, hmm, see Marvin, I never understood you're left handed, but you picked up the pickleball paddle and used your right hand and it looked like you were you look like Ben Simmons trying to shoot.
Speaker 4: Yes, some of the backroom guys, I started doing pickle ball with the left hand, and some of the uh camera guys are like, you're left handed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, maybe I should have done it with my left but it wouldn't have made it any better.
Speaker 5: We would have scored maybe one more point.
Speaker 3: Okay, So are you guys up for those teams?
Speaker 5: I'm up for anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, So PAULI, you and Fritzy whatever you guys like Seaton and Marvin just throwing it out.
Speaker 6: There's an option.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me give you this some thought, because Fritzie is not the best athlete, but he was the best pickleball player all.
Speaker 3: But a rematch with different points.
Speaker 2: But Seaton was the second best pickleball players.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they were like, we're like, it's not a rematch, it's like a rema restructuring red the whole thing and then we'll do the match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a restructuring match.
Speaker 6: We might have too. We could maybe run him back. We might have more time to play with here.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe we get back room guys with the team, front room guys with the team, just in case there's an injury there.
Speaker 7: You can altern it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 2: When we go to Green Bay, the place we're going to do our show from has pickleball courts.
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty year.
Speaker 11: Olds against the forty and fifty year olds, that's all all.
Speaker 3: Are you afraid? Are you afraid by a dog?
Speaker 5: Same uniforms?
Speaker 6: He said, Well, he was the best player, he was the runaway MVP.
Speaker 3: And he's already nervous that he's got the.
Speaker 11: Back room guys involved that, like you know, they're like barely twenty years old.
Speaker 6: A couple of others, the Lebron Jeans of Dan Patrick's show pickleball.
Speaker 2: And he's trying to act like you're gonna complain about the schedule like Lebron's been doing.
Speaker 11: I should hang it up before the back room guy.
Speaker 12: That is so you So you hang up your pickle, hang up your balls and your pickle.
Speaker 2: You did this when we played wiffle ball, and you were great. And then all of a sudden, I haven't heard anything about the elbow. Did some kind of owner and I have not heard anything. There's no doctor job, No Tommy Johns like you were like, oh, I kick.
Speaker 11: A ball racket I had in my left hand. I pulled something in my right elbow with the.
Speaker 2: I know, but you didn't go back and play wiffle ball again.
Speaker 11: I didn't. I was afraid to reinjured.
Speaker 3: You were one and done.
Speaker 11: I had to get an m right.
Speaker 3: Are you going to be able to play pickleball in Green Bay Planter?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 11: Okay, but if I got to wrap it up and oh, oh my god, that with ice and gauge pads, gauge pad whatever, I don't know, if something you know, something that's leaking at it's not.
Speaker 3: You're not bleeding.
Speaker 11: I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you guys sure you want to do this?
Speaker 5: I am for sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, PAULI sounds like fun. That's a good content.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotta bring your uniforms.
Speaker 2: Oh or if you want to get new uniforms, we.
Speaker 7: Could get ye shoes.
Speaker 5: I think I left them.
Speaker 3: No, you did not leave your pickleball shoes.
Speaker 13: Those were those are great. Your mister tennis shoe not on purpose? Well, I don't know that Marvin got those pickleball shoes. It was like, man, I can't wait to wear these out socially, really.
Speaker 5: The arch specifically for pickleball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I know, man, I got a million outfits there exactly with these pickleball shoes.
Speaker 2: All right, I miss I misjudged you, Marvin Madras shirt.
Speaker 3: I misjudged you. I thought you'd be like, you know these are these are rare.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to wear these out with the fellas. Yes, he said, Hey, Marvin, are those specifically pickleball shoes you're wearing out right?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 11: Game?
Speaker 3: Yay?
Speaker 5: Yeah? The arts?
Speaker 3: Yes, don'ate the player, hate the shoes? How's your art?
Speaker 5: Just feeling right?
Speaker 3: Hey, Marvin?
Speaker 4: When I'm hanging out with guys name Nice and Goo and Jordy, like I'm calling by my last name? Oh, Prince, Oh, where you give them shoes from the.
Speaker 5: Mallwalk?
Speaker 3: Do they show men shoes where you got that? Prince?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 3: What up? Yo?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 3: What is up? Hey? Fellows?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm Marvin. I've got pickleball shoes on what todd?
Speaker 11: They're not gonna le him play any reindeer games. You don't want to have any guy like that anywhere near, because why don't you stay home and maybe a couple of weeks when you change your shoes, you can come hang out with us. They can't be seen. That's why not raising my hand in the contribution being put on the spot.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's my fault that I called on you? Okay, all right, that's on me, emy. How about we take a break here?
Speaker 5: No, that was good. No, we're here, come on rematch pardue.
Speaker 6: Yeah is that a renotch? It's like re hyphen mat Yeah, yeah, but it's still rema. I think we might have an audience. We might have fans who will show up for the locals. Yes, the locals are going to show up for this when we go up there for the draft.
Speaker 11: Yes, tell that pickleheads and stead jeez has, how does that work?
Speaker 3: Are all right? You're rallied a little leap into the crowd. How about we.
Speaker 2: Take a break here, o, lambeau leap with your pickle. Be careful, be careful, take a break. Well, we're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six Am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 3: That show went by quickly.
Speaker 2: We'll try to sneak in a few more phone calls here at eight seven to seven three DP show. You have the Maps Lakers in Los Angeles tonight. So it's not a question of who's going to win, but by how much? Because the Lakers they have their full roster. The mAbs do not have Anthony Davis.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul, How big of a story would a loss be tonight by the Lakers one day perception story?
Speaker 2: Well, because it's the Lakers, it'd be big. Yeah, anything with the Lakers. You know, it's like things are bigger in Texas. That's not the case. It's things are bigger with the Lakers.
Speaker 7: The weird win game.
Speaker 5: Yes, mar wait O contre Montfrayer.
Speaker 4: Okay, I told you the most dangerous NBA teams are teams that do not have their best player.
Speaker 5: Spencer Dunwiddie is looking to put up some shots tonight.
Speaker 2: Is anybody taking the mAbs outright? Exactly? I'll get the line is nine and a half. You want the mAbs in nine and a half tonight? I don't where's the game, la?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So that put an end of the I thought everybody was, Oh, you can't row what the mounts? Okay, Paul, you were the one that was leading the chart.
Speaker 7: I don't believe it. Yeah, my first ballot.
Speaker 11: Yes, uh is it new as if the Lakers winning a squeaker or it goes to overtime, where it's strictly it's only a big deal if they actually lose the game.
Speaker 3: It's the Lakers.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter how much they win, or if they lose, or if they squeak by or they win by fifteen, it's it's it's still a story, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Are you new to this game? It's called content.
Speaker 2: It's how do we do something in mid to late February that somebody's gonna care about. Oh, the Lakers Shadoor Sanders not throwing at the comp I told you, I warned you this was going to be a headline that shard Door Sanders not throwing at the combine. Context, the first round quarterbacks last year didn't throw.
Speaker 11: At the combine.
Speaker 3: It's not a big deal, but it's shud Or Sanders. Yes, Tod, I still think.
Speaker 11: If the Lakers only win by a couple or so, I'm just curious to say, how big a deal it's going to be if they win by.
Speaker 3: Like four, How big a deal do you think we'll make it tomorrow.
Speaker 11: We'll make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. No, we won't be your mothership.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, because they all els fails, then you just go to the Lakers. Oil's fails. It's the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Yes, your warriors are giving seventeen and a half to the Hornets. That's a monster spread.
Speaker 2: Well, the Hornets just lost back to back games by combined ninety five points, so they're due for a company they are. I'm going to take the Hornets to win out right, I'm glad you give up be Oh by the way, anybody in the room on the other side, oh, a pie to the face Marvin does.
Speaker 11: Todd, Oh, I think we never did that, bronco.
Speaker 3: On, Well, that means you still do you do? You think we didn't do it? Or we didn't Yeah, I think.
Speaker 11: We're supposed to doing like before break in a day. Way, you think quite sure that I'm due for something?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was what I was just That's all I was asking. The audience wants to know if I'm letting you guys. You know, squeak pine.
Speaker 5: Marvin Weather's pretty nice this week.
Speaker 3: I'm mean, okay, all right, it's it's Pie weather.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just was going to be out there in twenty degree weather taking a pile of the face.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so weather permitting, weather permitting. I like to Todd's like, I think we got.
Speaker 11: The pilate face already a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Something here that just maybe I do pie to the back of the head. Oh no, it's something different.
Speaker 7: Can we bring back.
Speaker 3: The surprise pies? That was really that.
Speaker 5: Was the peak.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I thing has never been better or even remotely as good as when pies would just randomly hit you in the face.
Speaker 2: But that's you lost a bet and you you were owed five pies.
Speaker 3: I think it was five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I didn't have to tell you when I was going to give you the pie, right, And I remember Seaton walked out of the uh.
Speaker 6: I would just like come out of the bathroom, or I would come out of the box and they're like confessional thing or just randomly turn a corner. And oh, that was as good as it got.
Speaker 2: And then when we went to the Super Bowl in San Francisco, and I lured you outside and JJ Watts smashed you in the face with a pie.
Speaker 11: He got me.
Speaker 6: Then you lorded me outside and I was pelted with the cupcakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Coach Harbaugh hit me in the face with one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was kind of the best. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Todd thinks he has a ply coming to him and Margaret and Mark. Marvin knows that he has a pie. Jamison in Colorado, Hey Jamison, thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: P DP six foot also not going to be showing at the combine. First. First off, I just wanted to say a happy February to Marvin and to James in Virginia, but also wanted to pick up on comment at the Paul Ahead in the first hour regarding NBA in Las Vegas, and I lived out there for quite a while when there was no pro sports out there, and all the locals we all wanted a pro team of our own. But you may recall that NBA All Star Game that I think was two thousand and seven. People outside of Vegas may not have known this, but there was it was a disaster. There was a huge criminal element that showed up to Las Vegas but frankly, it was like the bloods and Crypts, And of course the NBA kind of unfairly was associated with it because they don't have anything to do with that. But locally out there, the people were just like, we don't want any part of the NBA, and we kind of felt like we had known our chance of getting.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, but and I appreciate that, Jamison, but you know, you've had the All Star Game out there, the Summer League out there, you have the NFL, you have baseball.
Speaker 3: You know that was a long time ago in seven.
Speaker 2: To be fair to the city of Vegas, but they've already had relocation projects from Oakland with the A's and the Raiders. Would they be in line for the Dallas Mavericks if that was truly a story that if they don't get gambling in Dallas or Texas, then you know they'll ask to relocate to Las Vegas. I don't see this commissioner doing that, but I've been wrong many times before. Find of results of the Pole question.
Speaker 6: There Seaton O'Connor, Well, this has been quite an emotional journey today, this Bole question. Today, the Packers are, unfortunately for Packers fans, fifty six percent of them as zeros rather than heroes. They started out the day with a strong heroes showing, but now they just can't fight those tides any longer.
Speaker 3: There are a bunch of zeros today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they narked to the NFL and the toush Bush absolutely On this date nineteen sixty four, Muhammad Ali stops Sonny listing Lewiston, Maine.
Speaker 3: He was Casher's clay.
Speaker 5: At the time.
Speaker 3: That was nineteen sixty four. What did you learn on today's show? Todd.
Speaker 11: Jj Watt doesn't see the tush push as particularly dangerous as the Eagles old line and jail and hurt strength and make it work more than the actual place.
Speaker 6: Seaton jj Watt about to become a new father this summer.
Speaker 5: Marvin jj Watt is bilingual.
Speaker 7: Oh what a Bengal question Mark.
Speaker 3: Look forward to talking you tomorrow. Thanks for joining us.