Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, it's Lala Kent. Welcome to Untraditionally Lala. Hello, gorgeous, Welcome to the bonus episode of Untraditionally Lala. I have the human who makes my life or is a piece of my life that makes it makes itself untraditional. Hello Titi Hi, I have Q and as I know, you have to be to the airport. We're all going to Utah for Easan's birthday, little Valentine's baby.
Speaker 2: Tried to make a reservation.
Speaker 3: That was the other thing, because birthday it's like everybody, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to Brandon's house, our brother.
Speaker 4: But like that's the other thing, Like, let's just go.
Speaker 2: Grab a bite to eat where nowhere Donalds.
Speaker 4: I do like it, little bit.
Speaker 2: Gina Lucia wants to know. Should I got to know? Why are your episodes so short?
Speaker 1: Now? I still love listening, but it's a bummer. By the way, I get this a lot. You are seen, you are heard. I don't like change. No one likes change. You guys talk about the app. I get it. I totally get it, and I just want you to rock with me because your listenership is like you guys are like my friends. It's the one place I can come to share about my life, be open and honest. The pod meaning you guys, that I've created is so incredible and I appreciate you sticking with me. This podcast I love doing, but it's also responsible for helping me provide for my family, so I just want to say thank you. Also, I know that the episodes at times have been short. We're going We're going back. We hear you, we hear you, We're going back, we got you, We're in motion. Ten Heather fourteen asks I am losing my daughter to alcohol. Is there anything I can say or do to get her to change? This one actually broke my heart because I feel that back when I was struggling and deep in my alcoholism, had anyone said anything, and by the way people did, I was not ready to hear it. In fact, I would push them away. They were ruining my good time. I had to come to it on my own. And I think that this is the most difficult thing that you're going to hear. I think you have that conversation with her and express your concerns, but you have to accept that you may have to love her from afar. I saw the other day Mom sent me a message that the girl and I'm blinking on her name. She used to be on Real Housewives of OC and she had two daughters. It was a Lexus and one another and if you guys remember like season two, I think the girls like loved to drink Lynn thank you.
Speaker 2: Her name is Lynn.
Speaker 1: One of her daughters was spotted in Orange County missing fingers.
Speaker 2: Didn't have teeth. She said.
Speaker 1: Her family lives in San Diego. They've disowned her because she couldn't get sober. She dabbled in heroin and then went to feentanyl and her life went downhill from there. I cannot imagine as a parent having to go through that and just praying to some something beyond you to like make my child see the light and have them come back to me. I am sending you so much love, and I hope you know that you're not by yourself, and I hope the Easton and I can give you hope that your daughter will will see the light. And I'm gonna pray for you. Melpite. What does your daily routine look like with the kiddos. My daily routine.
Speaker 2: Looks like this. We wake up at seven. Ocean wakes up with me.
Speaker 1: Sosa wakes up, I feed the kids, Ocean gets ready for school. I get her dressed, I do her hair, she brushes her teeth. At that point in time, I hand Sosa off to my brother or my mom so that I can take Ocean to school. Once I get back, I usually have Jenna, who's my friend slash trainer, come to work me out while my mom sits upstairs in the playroom with Sosa, because that's where my little workout corner is. The nanny arrives by ten and then I start my day. I always have to be done by around one thirty that I can make it to pick up. If I can't there's something that can't be moved easton or my mom picked them up.
Speaker 4: You live a crazy life. You usually sorry if I'm far it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you can't take Ocean to school because you're doing something like what we're doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this morning, I wouldn't have been able to the giegs would have or sometimes you and the geech have just a little something.
Speaker 4: But you Yeah, your morning routines are pretty well.
Speaker 1: I'm a creature of habit and I'm thirty five years old with two children and the wind blows in the wrong direction and I start having a panic attack. So it just depends. But I feel like we're pretty structured. I mean bedtime for Sosa. We start getting her ready to go down at six o'clock and she's in bed by six thirty, and Ocean slowly.
Speaker 3: Follows, Yeah, I don't really know. Yeah, I mean, I see you guys music video.
Speaker 1: It's dinner time, it's vitamin time, Russia freaking teeth time. Braid your hair, because if you don't breid Ocean's hair, it is a rat's nest. Kathy Hannah four, When is he going to fix his hair?
Speaker 2: Nothing to fix? Nothing to fix.
Speaker 4: This beauty, We asked Ocean every buddy. No, I'm on my last leg with this hair that.
Speaker 2: Makes me so sad. I love it so much.
Speaker 3: I do want to cut it. It's getting there, I will say, I asked. I asked Ocean. I was like, I'm going to cut it, and she said no, and she almost got teary eyed, and I said, I'm not cutting it. We were in the car. She goes, you can't cut it, and I said, all right, I won't. So now it's like Ocean, could she get over it? Yes, but I think I'm going to go one more year.
Speaker 2: I think you go one more year.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's so freaking cool.
Speaker 1: And anyone who's like comments on it that they don't like it, I would just totally ignore them because it doesn't have what you like for years. Yeah, Like, imagine if I went on to some random woman's Instagram and I was like, I really hate your hair.
Speaker 4: That thing I've like.
Speaker 3: I'm going on my for you page and I see people that like are a little different, and I guarantee they look at me the same way. And never once have I clicked on it and gone, I gotta fucking write something.
Speaker 4: No, it's beyond I just go, wow, good for you.
Speaker 1: So to answer your question, Kathy, three here, it's fixed.
Speaker 4: It's fixed.
Speaker 1: It takes a lot of work to get that hair just past twelve. What is the best therapy for an alcohol addiction?
Speaker 4: Oh, my goodness, I will say routine.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I fall in love with is I have a five minute journal, uh, five minutes in the morning, five minutes a night. I kind of write out little things that it, you know.
Speaker 4: Wants me to do.
Speaker 3: But it kind of sounds stupid, but it kind of puts me in a good, a good headspace for that. And then I hit a lot of meetings on Zoom. Even if I don't like have my camera on or like I'm not being active, I listen. I listen to podcasts too. I can even put a couple down that I that I listened to. I'll put I'll send him to you so you can put it.
Speaker 1: I would like that because I've been too many therapists, and as you guys know, if you've been following me, I've had a traumatic experience with a therapist. So I'm that's a whole other set of issues, one that I haven't got.
Speaker 2: In all the self work I've done. There's one.
Speaker 1: There's things that I go I haven't worked on that yet. Like I'm still very skeptical of therapist for me having for me me.
Speaker 2: Having my sponsor there it is.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say, that is because.
Speaker 1: Her sponsor had a sponsor, and her sponsor had a sponsor, and you have to find the right one.
Speaker 3: Yes, just because I have to say this or I'll forget. Do you know how far away you are from Bill? Bill w No, I should have ask that. Yeah, I'm only five away, So he sponsored him, and then my sponsor sponsors me. On number five five away from Bill wo wrote the book I'm going to ask it's a very.
Speaker 4: Good thing to ask. Yeah, so like that's you.
Speaker 1: I have found my My therapy comes from talking to my sponsor, who has been in the program for very long time. And it's like dating, you have to find the right one. And if you don't find the right one, it's okay to say, like to move on from the the partnership, relationship sponsorship. That is what I think has saved me. That's where all my work has come from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've called my sponsor crying, telling them I feel off. And every time I get off that phone, it's like it's a reset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you still on the peptide train? I know you briefly mentioned it, but curious This is from Moles one two five.
Speaker 3: Yes I am, but I get to get back on the one the I can cycles.
Speaker 4: You don't just continue doing.
Speaker 3: So like I did it when I first got sober August is when I started like the THHC, the thymysin and HC TCH or HCT.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's any of those, but it's severally not THHC because you would not be.
Speaker 2: Instead of smoking it, I just jacked.
Speaker 4: It into my stomach.
Speaker 3: But whatever it is, I have to wait for six months, and so that six months has come up. So when I get home from my vacation, I'll probably go back in and get the.
Speaker 1: I finished my cycle, I think the end of October.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can go on it again.
Speaker 2: If here's why you guys. You guys know I hate shots.
Speaker 1: I loved the way the peptides made me feel, but the poking myself every day is a lot, and I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 4: I say she could do it in pill form.
Speaker 2: That I would do.
Speaker 1: But I had a needle that was a little doll and I went to do it and it didn't go in, and then I tried again and it didn't go in. And then I went again and tried to push, and I was like, I can't do this.
Speaker 2: I'm done. I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 4: That's for the bad.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say this person's name. I'm a teacher, and my anxiety has been crippling watching you on VPR and Insta. My joy that brings you joy, brings you so much joy to me, I know that feeling of having anxiety where you're like this is completely debilitating, but like you have to show up for your kids and teach our youth. And I hope you know how much I you're seen, you're seen, but also how grateful we are, like you're in charge of the future. Yes, thank you for finishing my sentences. I just think about this all the time, that we're paying basketball players to you dribble a fucking ball around hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Then these teachers.
Speaker 3: One point five million dollar salary minimum.
Speaker 2: That's what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: How is this making any sense? So thank you and I am very humbled by this message. And also I'm so happy vander Pump Rules could bring you some joy.
Speaker 2: I hope you haven't made it to season I love and yet because you may not like me anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, this is.
Speaker 2: To be the last time I mentioned season eleven. I am shutting the Scarlet letter.
Speaker 3: Fuck it.
Speaker 1: Sarah duceet for tips for saying sober while getting back into dating or without friends.
Speaker 2: Oh, out with friends?
Speaker 4: Sorry, out with friends? Fuck I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't. Yeah, before you date, Yeah, don't date if you're so I I mean, I that's the thing. I don't even know how to date because I don't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think every time I go out a couple of deep breasts. I am enough. I am enough who will find me?
Speaker 1: Will find and find find your drink, like I have the equivalents. And by the way, this is going to be I also have Amy is a kent that is.
Speaker 2: So funny on into the family instead of a music hunt, a music hunt that is so good I want That is my Instagram name.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to this, find your find your drink of choice, like I have equivalents. My vodka soda is like my diet coke. That's that's the equivalent. Or like if we're going to a club, which never happens, I have a red bull I've like and and I'll put it.
Speaker 2: In a shot glass and like take it with whoever is I'll get it.
Speaker 3: I'll get a red bull and I get it in a cocktail glass. So if you want a can and I say can, I get it in a cocktail glass. Or I'll do a pineapple juice for my.
Speaker 1: Little pineapples, pineapple and a short glass because it's flash of soda water li i'me on the side, I'm fucking it up.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Is the one thing that I have found out going out sober is it's weird for the first like five or ten minutes because you're like, what do I do?
Speaker 4: Why am I here?
Speaker 3: But then everybody around you kind of gets drunk, and then you're like, all right, I'm sober, everybody's drunk. Now I can kind of calm down, and then something in the hand is really what kind of calms me down?
Speaker 4: Or I'll get like an o'dul's or like a heigh and easy ara now.
Speaker 2: But some people can't handle that.
Speaker 1: Like I'm able to drink non alcoholic beverages without feeling triggered, but I don't want to tell someone go do that, because it could be everybody's sobriety.
Speaker 2: Journey is different.
Speaker 1: Yes, you have to know that when you're a sober person, you have to be staying sober for yourself because the world around you does not change. Life still happens. People who are normies go out and have cocktails. There's gonna be things around you that could be triggering. So what do we have control over ourselves? If I know that having a glass of non alcoholic rose, which is everywhere, there are so many brands because gen z is like anti alcohol, I have to know this is something I control.
Speaker 2: This triggers me. I'm not having it well.
Speaker 3: And that is yes, see for okay, And that all what I will say is keep to what doesn't trigger you.
Speaker 4: But having something in your hand, even if it's water.
Speaker 2: I know. But that's why Amy is a kent. My wife is seven months sober.
Speaker 1: Can you please share some encouraging words slash things that helped you. It's such a hard it's such a hard point to go through when they first get sober.
Speaker 2: Seven months, that's that's.
Speaker 1: A You've got a good amount of time, but it's still a very vulnerable state. And keep in mind, very humbling thing to think about is you could be sober for twenty four years and in a matter of seconds you are back in the room a day winner. Like literally, you could have all the time in the world. But someone who's got you know, seven years on me, we're both one slip away from being at the exact same point in time. I think the only thing that I can say to you is I think ask your wife, do a check in every day? How are you feeling in your sobriety? Are you If she says that she's struggling, that's a okay, that's normal. How do we work through this? What can I do to take the load off of you so you know you're not in this by yourself? I think constant communication is massively huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot active too, because most you know, most alcoholics myself I'm kind of speaking for I would just drink and do nothing.
Speaker 4: So like once I was sober, it.
Speaker 3: Was like, I need to go out and be in the world because if I'm not, my only thought is I'm sitting here.
Speaker 4: I want to drink, So I need to go out.
Speaker 1: Miss beck Burke, what is different filming the Valley than VPR Just the name I've done to I've talked about this. Vanner Pump Rules was a well oiled machine. By the time I came on, they had done four seasons. They were also in their you know, mid to late twenties, early thirties, still trying to figure out life and we it was just chaotic and easy. Everyone had nothing to lose. The Valley they've only done two seasons. I came on the third. There were a lot of times where I was like, Oh, this is different. These these people haven't done this before, and I can tell.
Speaker 2: But I also I think.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing was I didn't know my place because even though I'm friends with Michelle and Janet, I've never filmed a show with them. It's a different freaking beast. Brittany I filmed with a million times. She fucking knows the drill. She knows what's going on. Dody fucking knows the drill too. Of the most iconic reality TV personalities on the planet, like we were all good there, the rest of them, it was like, oh, okay, we need we need some more years under our belt because we don't quite know how to do this. And then the way that they start up drama like what happened last week. I'm like, bro, bro, I'm off the clock. Honey, I'm off the clock. Let me know when when cameras picked back up, and I'll give a shit about this.
Speaker 2: Until then, I just want to text this sexy.
Speaker 1: Man and like not give one damn about any of that. Like I'm living in in Lauren's world now. Laala will back in in a minute. Starshine one two four. Is Laala going to be on the Valley as a full time cast member? Yes, my love, I hope that makes you excited AofA underscore x Laala? How did you cope with not vaping when pregnant? Just found out I'm pregnant? Congratulations, congratulations? It was actually not that hard because I knew, I mean, with Sosa was very like I knew that I was going in to be inciminated well before, like the process had started months in advance, so I knew, I have to give this up because I'm trying to get pregnant. And then once I was pregnant, it was like, I obviously I.
Speaker 4: Can't a bit easier, Yeah, and for that somebody.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, but I should give for my kids now.
Speaker 1: But there was just some It's like, I have this little baby in my stomach, who I am, who is depending on me to live healthy so that they can be healthy, and there's already so much that could go wrong that I'm not going to like do anything that could make.
Speaker 2: Shit go wrong. And it just was very easy.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: There weren't moments where I saw Easton. There were moments east when.
Speaker 1: It hit the vape and I'd be like, oh, the moment I dropped this kid and I'm dumb breastfeeding, I'm fucking smacking the shit out of it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, chew a lot.
Speaker 4: Of gum, toothpicks.
Speaker 2: Toothpicks, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Just every time you want to hit it, remember you've got this like innocent baby growing inside of you. There's enough shit that could go wrong. You don't need to help with that. Don't pick up the vape, please, for the love of God. I know it's hard, but it ain't worth it. There are sometimes where I'm like to give up the vape. You know what I need to do. I need to get pregnant. Oh sure, I give it up? Then, Sid Price. How does one know when to walk away from a relationship? I'm so scared, but it's bad. You know, now is the time?
Speaker 4: If you're asking if it's the time, it's the time.
Speaker 1: I learned this in sobriety, but I think it applies to every part of life. You don't need to wait for the elevator to hit the bottom floor before you get off. If it's bad, get the fuck off the elevator. I would start teeing up my game plan.
Speaker 2: Don't let him know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if what your situation is like what I know is you said it's bad. You start looking at your financials, you start, I don't know if you share kids, but start teeing.
Speaker 2: That shit up.
Speaker 1: And is it just a boyfriend? She just said a relationship, And get the fuck out. Life is way too short. You blink and it is over. There's a lot of heartbreak happening in the world. But if you can find the beauty in any capacity, you should. And it sounds like you're living in hell. Get the fuck out and let me tell you something. You say that you're scared. I was scared too, but I was given no choice but to leave, and I found a strength and an independence that I never in a million years thought that I possessed. I look at that girl who had the balls. I was in fucking autopilot. I was skin and bone because I couldn't even eat. I was so stressed and sad. And I look at her and I'm like, that girl is the strongest human on the planet.
Speaker 2: And I look at where I am now happy, I don't have any stress.
Speaker 1: I get ready, I'm not I mean I sit in my bathrobe, but because I want to. I'm not depressed about it. Get out, Get out of there, babe, abort mission. If it's bad.
Speaker 2: You have the luxury of leaving, and you can do it. I promise. If I can fucking do it, you can fucking do it real.
Speaker 1: And you're once you leave and you get situated and you're like finding your grounding.
Speaker 2: God, You're gonna feel so good. The future is beautiful for you. I know it.
Speaker 4: But you gotta get out.
Speaker 1: Adriana Dominguez, Where do you separate yourself from the other?
Speaker 2: Is it hard for Easton to have an identity from you.
Speaker 4: Here and there? Yeah? But no, yeah no, I haven't tried though. That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: But you've expressed to me many times that you feel like you don't have an identity outside of me.
Speaker 2: And you said, when things.
Speaker 1: Get wild on whatever show you're on, I have DMS from people and I have nothing to do with it, and it has bothered you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that I mean I that isn't I have my own life separate from you, whether people know that, because I don't post stuff. I don't post when I'm out with my homies. I don't post when I go to dinners. I don't post when I'm at the beach. I don't post things with them with my friends, you know. So it's like if people if I were to post that, I don't think people would assume it either, because they're assuming from what they see.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel. Yeah, but I because I don't, I'm not a look at what I'm doing. I should post more? Should I post more? Tell me?
Speaker 2: Yes, you should post more when you're so funny.
Speaker 4: Like that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I'm always doing shit away from my family. That's what people don't understand. Like I'm always doing something away from you guys. I don't post it, but like I have my own identity. It's the people who follow you who know me that assume that or think that. Yeah, and I will tell you this, Bravo world is a very very very very tricky, weird world totally of everybody has something to say, and everybody who says something is pretty much hurt.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, which is great.
Speaker 3: I love that about that everybody has a say, but it's also like one person saying some one thing can steer the whole narrative that way, I know, and that's not what it is. I have my own identity outside of my sister. I don't show it, but I'm starting to think I might.
Speaker 1: Please by all means, I would also like you to do that. People think I hold you in mom hostage Moms and about.
Speaker 2: She's with Claudia.
Speaker 3: She's like Julie, like, I'm going it, just like I go with my buddies and grab coffee. Like a couple of days a week, I go. You know, I'm going to six Flags. I'm doing so much shit. I just don't post because I don't I get it. Yeah, but no, I have my own identity.
Speaker 4: Because I'll do it.
Speaker 3: I'll post for everybody else to see how I have my own identity as well your identity.
Speaker 1: One more time, the drinking if you every time you hear this word, have a drink.
Speaker 4: Fill them up.
Speaker 1: You guys, Thank you so much for listening to a bonus episode of Additionally La La, I love you so much. I'm going to catch you guys next week on Wednesday for a regular episode and Monday's remember Boner's up.
Speaker 4: Love you, Bye bye