Speaker 1: And the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and NEWI scrugs.
Speaker 1: Here we are, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: It is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Toastedos right here in the SWBC podcast studios at the.
Speaker 1: Star the Dallas Cowboys. The locker room is open right now.
Speaker 4: I just left Ceedee Lamb has spoken, feels very confident.
Speaker 1: And then I.
Speaker 3: Saw one Brandon Cooks walking towards the weight room.
Speaker 1: I started receive my fancy things.
Speaker 3: There was a a there was a media member who stopped and had a quick message with mister Cooks.
Speaker 1: And there's that kind of courtesy.
Speaker 3: He went walked down there to meet mister Cook's had a word, so I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't interfere, but I.
Speaker 3: Texted, what's the word. So he's got mcl sprank. I'm no doctor, So you three you know what it means. Tell me what it means.
Speaker 1: I know he's not gonna be one hundred percent. That's what that means.
Speaker 5: That means that you know when you're making cuts and you plan depending on what the route is, maybe harder for you to come out of the cuss than it usually is. And then you also worried in your mind about what's going on with your need. Right as much as you want to say I'm gonna go out there and do and do it without having a word about that, it's still in the back of your mind. So not one hundred percent, you know, not the best news, but we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: I've seen teammates, you know, have this injury in the past, and every single one of them they've played, but it was never at a skill position. It was always, you know, a defensive lineman or or an offensive linean going out there dealing with this injury. So from what they were talking about, it's kind of just how you deal with the pain, like what's your pain thresholders how you're going to be able to get through it. But if we're being honest, man, this was this was his kind of kind of bubble boot. This was his He's been a super consistent wide receiver for years and years, getting a thousand yards with all types of different quarterbacks, but his mo like Luis said, has been injuries. You know, can he make it through a season without getting scratched up or scale And we've got one game and he's already you know, in the ice tub. So we'll see where it goes from here.
Speaker 5: This is the wrong week for this. This is the wrong week for this. And I look went back and looked at the tape. I did not see the play that he was hurt on. But you know, we know how MCLs go, and if he can go, I'm sure I think he can hold him back.
Speaker 1: This would be the week.
Speaker 5: Obviously, it's an AFC opponent and you don't want and you don't want to see him risk getting hurt anymore. As Danny McRae said, Cooks is one A, one B on the number one receivers list and he's a guy that we're going to count on. So how does that impact the game plan not having Brandon Cooks Because I think Brandon Cooks has always is now going to open up so much for the other receiving group. So you need that and it's gonna be so much needed as far as the balance, especially in this game for the Cowboys offense. We'll come in better be read of crack block because Big Mike finna call him runs. Okay, it's just for y'all who don't know what crack blocking is. Go watch old Tapa Dwayne Harris. Okay, when he got in the game, they line you up at number one. The motion year you you be number two, and then all of a sudden that line back on the defensive end. He CA's your assignment. Okay, you gotta make sure that you clean that block up. So Tony Poler, Doald or all those guys they can get outside, maybe deuce, maybe turfing. I'll run it back down to turfing, just turfing package. So just based like that what Big Mike said. We're gonna be running the ball. We're gonna be running the ball anyway. Okay, y'all defense gonna get out there, they're gonna play, They're gonna play great. Now we're gonna be running the ball. That'll be all focused. So Brandon Cooks, if you need some time, take some time.
Speaker 3: Bro to be fair to him, Just kind of going over his his career numbers last year in Houston, thirteen games he played there, but we know that he took a couple games off after that Cowboy trade didn't go through. So thus the thirteen games he played in twenty twenty two, twenty twenty one, and Houston played sixteen twenty twenty In Houston.
Speaker 4: He played fifteen twenty nineteen with the Rams when they went to the Super Bowl. He played fourteen, played sixteen and twenty eighteen with the Rams. Twenty A lot of team. Sorry, yeah, so New Orleans the other people on the.
Speaker 1: I ain't other people. Oh, that's not true.
Speaker 5: That broke us got his leg broke a couple of years ago. He had the thumb. You got tiring. Now, we got Tyler who was out last game. We had Leo, who we just talked about who's off the roster, but he missed the whole season. So it's not it's not anything that's out of the norm, especially in the sport of football.
Speaker 1: But that is that's pretty big good to make sure we got some reason.
Speaker 3: That was That was why I looked at I'm just like, okay, let's make sure we're fair. We're trying to make sure that we're fair about this thing here. So is CD Lamb or sorry what you had is ce d Lamb? Is this a statement game for him?
Speaker 5: I mean I've already stated that I feel like when it comes down and I'm talking about the soft Gardner matchup for CD, because I feel like when you get to the playoffs, those are the you're gonna come up against some of the best, especially in the NFC. You go to the Sam Francisco forty nine ers, especially the Philadelphia Eagles, you're gonna have some yeah. Yeah, those are yeah, no, those those are some bonafide Those some bonafide cornerbacks. And so to me, man, CD is like that talent that he's just on the outside looking in. Like nobody ever talks about CD amongst the elite wide receivers and.
Speaker 1: You never hear his name, you know.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like that feeling of trying to get on the plane on will call. That's never happened to you. But remember your audience, so you never have to fly with the stand by.
Speaker 1: You never flown stand by. So this first class.
Speaker 5: But it's like here he's waiting to be selected into that grouping.
Speaker 1: Is it warranted? Not yet? Now?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Is it warranted for him to be on the outside looking in and trying to get into the upper el Okay? Yeah, cause yes, And I mean he's had those he's had slow starts and like for me, I just want to see him because I mean, I respect this game.
Speaker 1: I love him so much.
Speaker 5: I just want to see him have that defining and he had it against New England a couple of years back in overtime win. But I just want him to have that season where you see CD ball out fourteen hundred yards, you know, fifteen touchdowns something like that, and that's when you want to reach that elite status. That's where you have to be, and I think it starts going against this kind of defense. Well, well, I think the time for him to do that was when Kellen Moore was here and you were going to look at a guy who was going to be calling a lot of passing plays, figuring out, you know, how to get the receivers open hopefully and letting that complete those passes. I think now with the changeing and philosophy that we're looking at, it may be a little bit more difficult for a guy like Ceedee Lambaguard out there and get fifteen hundred yards. You got Cooks here, you got Michael Gallup back healthy again, so it's not like he's the only option that's out there. So fifteen hundreds of me seems seems like a lot. How many you have last week? Seventy something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we already started off on the.
Speaker 3: I think last year last week was tough because Mike spoke about the rain and the fact that they dialed the game plan back a little bit, considering Okay, you're up, you need to just really, you know, run the clock protected d.
Speaker 1: I think this is different.
Speaker 3: He spoke about about fifteen minutes ago going up against Saft Gardner DJ.
Speaker 1: Reid Say played DJ in college. He played k State. So I think that looking at.
Speaker 3: Jordan Nelson, Greg Jennings, Donald, this guys that McCarthy's had in terms of wide receivers, and yes he had Brett Fahd, Yes he had.
Speaker 1: And we know what we know about those two guys.
Speaker 5: And when they find they guy they getting, they gonna get you talking.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about all type eight. Okay, snap, turn, look throw based on.
Speaker 1: What I saw a training camp, that's there, man, those two dudes.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you you're gonna have a other fantasy team, but if somebody's got CD LAMB on the fantasy team, I think at the end of the year, you're gonna look back and they're gonna be talking about what Heckor was saying him having those kinds of numbers.
Speaker 3: Even though Mike has talked about, you know, wanting to make sure you protect your defense. I just think Cede Lamb is going to have that kind of season. It may not be this week, because this week I think we may we may see a heavyweight fight here between two defenses. I think the Cowboy is gonna witness thing. But but we may not see. We ain't go see Tybree Hill type.
Speaker 1: No, we do. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I think the measurement for success for CD to me is I'm not saying he's not gonna be successful and be the guy here. I'm just talking about when you look at getting in that upper echelon numbers wise.
Speaker 1: Jefferson numbers, just staring. I don't think. I don't think that is going to be what happens here.
Speaker 5: Because great defense, Big Mike said, he's gonna play into play into what the defense is doing. We expect the defense to play like that very often. So we expect to be ahead and we expect to be trying to protect the league a lot of the season. So when you have that, it's not that CD Lamb isn't that guy. It's okay. If you're really saying we're playing to our defense and making sure we don't make the same mistake we made last year, then the opportunities to make those type of plays Tyreek Hill in a close game like that was touchdown for touchdown. We don't expect to see that against our defense, and if we do, then we got something to worry about. But personally, don't you believe that CD is trying to break into that atmosphere of elite players. It's a contract year for him basically, so I mean he's trying to prove it too. Yeah, I mean he can try to prove it all he wants to. He can only catch the ball.
Speaker 1: Let me just give you a projection.
Speaker 3: Go round the table and tell me if you think this is on point. The projection sixty eight catches on ninety eight targets for one three.
Speaker 1: Hundred and nine yards. That's what's projected for him this year. I could see that.
Speaker 4: I could see that adding thirteen hundred and some change. I can see that happen. That's that's the That's the top of where I'm going with though. And I don't say he's gonna get fourteen and fifteen.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I just can't see that. Like what McCrae said, there's just too many options. You got polled in the backfield, you got your tight ends who we've seen Dak likes to throw to gall Up, you got you know, Cooks on the outside as well. So I think there's too many options for him to reach that, justin Jefferson type numbers, even even at Jamar Chase type number.
Speaker 1: So, but I can see him having a real successful.
Speaker 4: Thirteen hundred over under on that under if I gotta go, I'm going under thirteen, I'm gonna go over.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go under. I'm gonna go over. You're gonna over thirteen on it. Yeah. The only one I think is off is well, are you gonna go down the list? No?
Speaker 5: Oh, Because I think the catches is off. I think he's gonna get more than I think he's gonna get nine, maybe nine catches a game on it for a string, actual string.
Speaker 1: I think that he had one hundred last year. I think that six eight is low.
Speaker 5: I think that sixth state is low, especially if you're looking at like you said, the Davontae hadams type of connection where you turn and throw and see see what he can do with the ball in his hands. He's gonna wrack up eight nine catches a game. But he's also dealing with a different coordinator as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, we all understand Kellen Moore had that pass hoppy offense out there, and as we've seen, you know, we didn't really get to see McCarthy's full offense last week because you know, they were up thirteen points by the time the national anthem was done. So I think they're gonna, they're gonna, they're gonna go out there.
Speaker 1: They're gonna adjective off the point. Ye come on, you need to put an adjective on that on.
Speaker 4: The courtnert on the coordinator guy put at the Super Bowl winning Oh man, I'll.
Speaker 1: Give him that. I ain't gonna disrespect it. You have to, because so it is.
Speaker 4: It's a different coordinator out there. And like I said, I don't, I don't. I just can't see him going above thirteen hundred with the office loaded.
Speaker 5: Like if he gets the way he gets to thirteen is if he has a couple of those games where it's one fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy five. He gotta have a couple off.
Speaker 5: So I think that's a little bit more up in the air of like, okay thirteen versus the two thousand and tyree saying he's about to try to get our Justin Jefferson going seventeen eighteen hundred. I think that's fair for CD. But I do think the catches he'll be over sixty eight catches, he'd be. We blew him about by how much last week by forty and you could see that it was a it was a concerted effort to make sure that you got CD lambdaball no matter what. So I think yeah, more six.
Speaker 3: Players Lounge brought to you by to Stas. We got Danny mccraige, Heck Maharrison, Barry Church on New Struck. So with Brandon Cooks in the mcl spring, we don't know exactly what will happen there when the Cowboys face the Jets on Sunday. So let me bring up two names and I'll start with you Church, Yes, Sir, Michael Gallup, Jayalen Tolbert, are our belief, lovely?
Speaker 1: Let's you believe? Come on? I believe? Now hold on?
Speaker 5: Way add another name to that okay, RB two to that who's our running back number two?
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't know. He might be he might be the guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So right, so we said these are these are the yeah, these are the three names where you say, okay, if if Cooks can't go, okay, okay, who will step in and be that guy?
Speaker 1: The number three receiver. I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Who gotta be it and who better be it is Gallup. It has got to be I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying that Cooks.
Speaker 5: If Cooks is not there, then you got Cede Lamb and Michael Gallup steps in to be that number three.
Speaker 4: Guy who steps into being number three because God's gonna be that gonna be that number three guy has got to be our guy. It was Tobert. It's gotta be Tobert. You know, as much stuff as we talked about I talked about it. I'll speak for myself on here. As much stuff as I talked about that man last year waving the time and putting his hat on, he went to work. He went to work this off season and knew you were in California and you said, when you when you when you were watching those practices, he stepped his game up a little bit. He got more consistent as a wide receiver out there, and in the preseason the show. I remember his rookie season. We've been out there and the guy could barely get open. He was lined up off side, couldn't. He just just wasn't working right. It just wasn't working right. But this preseason you.
Speaker 1: Saw the difference. The guy was making plays out there.
Speaker 4: Even the catch that he didn't have and he had one foot in deep past fifty fifty ball, he was able to make those contested catches.
Speaker 1: So he put the work in during the off season training camp.
Speaker 4: So hopefully that all that work he's putting, if he's getting an opportunity out there, he can take advantage of it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the time, consistency, and proof part of this with Jayalen Tobert, and that's where the biggest question mark is.
Speaker 1: Can he do it?
Speaker 5: You We've had a year with everything that you just said. You didn't see him separate, you didnt see him catch the ball, so the confidence wasn't there in this game. He comes back this summer, you guys say he had a good training camp. Okay, now here's your opportunity. Now now's your opportunity, and he may be doing exactly what you said Dwayne Harris was doing on.
Speaker 1: The So what the expectation is for him?
Speaker 5: You know, two three catches, but guys like Jayalen the Turpet I need to see. Like Turping really surprised me, not so much as a gadget guy, but just the speed in which he's playing with and how much they used him. So I'll look for his numbers to increase also. But man, it's gonna be really interesting to see turping because you're gonna need guys like him to contribute this year period, you know, and so I'm looking forward to it. Man gets another opportunity to show that he deserved to be drafted where he was. Yeah, listen, I hope Jayleen Turbert Jaylen Tober comes out and he's he's like one of the possession guys, right, Like you said, two to three catches, but those two to three catches or hey man, we really need this first down and somehow Michael Gallup and Ceede Lamb aren't able to get open or they're getting a double team, and he needs to be able to step up and make sure that he that we know he's there. The thing that worries me about it is it does seem like they're really trying to get Turping in. You are one percent correct on how bad they wanted to make sure that Turpin was a part of this offense. So I don't know if now that opens up an opportunity for Turping to then play receiver while Tony Pollard is out there, or do they keep him in the same road that they had him in last week?
Speaker 1: Was he that cool at TCU as a receiver?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 1: He was like that better coordinating man sees a vision. We don't need.
Speaker 3: Church that had a vision for you when you got here. You know, they had a vision for Michael Parsons. You me and Kellen just turned his back on him. You know, now we got McCarthy vision.
Speaker 4: Touchdawss run its all sweep, je sweep, Let's go.
Speaker 1: He was productive.
Speaker 7: M v P in the U s FL, the Holy his best second best players in the world, best of the second best, and came in and made the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: So on specialty, can you say the world because it's national football? Okay, we go that the world?
Speaker 1: The world? Craig first first break the us A gonna lose. I know he was over the.
Speaker 3: Same feb the NFL football not not fever Jets D versus Cowboys D. Let's do it right here the players last next Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Ready, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Boys.
Speaker 1: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped slapped, he'll look full punch down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Runs. Scot's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 1: Whoo me too.
Speaker 5: These smoothie bowls start with us III and Pataya, and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory peaanut butter Drizzle. New Smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 1: Home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big.
Speaker 1: Love for them boys. Smirnoff.
Speaker 9: We do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Players Loud.
Speaker 5: Rally Days presented by SIG give NFL fans and experience of a lifetime the day prior to the Dallas Cowboys home games on September sixteenth, Enjoy activities at Miller Lighthouse and get a behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium and more. Visit att stadium dot com Slash Rally dates for more information and to get your tickets today.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Heck Ma Harrison playing tostitos.
Speaker 3: The players on the show Danny with Craigberry Church Scruggs.
Speaker 1: I'm player, They're the players. Uh, Church, you got.
Speaker 3: Things you want to talk about, man.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I looked it up.
Speaker 4: We looked at the snap cow percentage wise, and you know a lot of cats was counting my boat.
Speaker 1: He was counting my boy out, man.
Speaker 4: And he went out there and he showed out. And obviously the coaches, the coaches they saw something too. Second, most snaps on the team talk about never gallum on for the people that don't know what we're talking about, talking about Nevill Gallamore out of cast, count on them.
Speaker 1: Mount this, This is a lot of this is gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Okaycuse we're gonna happen because now because now we got a baseline, okay, thirty four, so we count slaps every week, Week three, week four, we started looking at it. Yeah, it's only going up. And that's and that's how we're gonna counts. Only going up because I expect I expect to see our first round. He ain't her seventeen snaps. I expect him to see an increase snap. So if he is an increase, he biting out of somebody snaps, be talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Neville Galla more if he ain't hurt thirty four stay healthy.
Speaker 1: My dog even put that.
Speaker 4: On four right now, thirty thirty four right now against a running tam Yeah, because the coach was like, look, we gotta stop.
Speaker 1: Take one. Who were gonna put it in there? Gall you better get more than thirty. Galli get up. Oh yeah he might chancey at thirty. You know it? Yeah, ghosten with thirty. So a couple of a lot of snaps, though a lot of cat snaps. I don't want to say nothing.
Speaker 5: Listen, because I talked about it in nauseam the whole off season, the whole I mean whole training camp, the whole preseason. We had this discussion about what you expect out of your first rounder. We we know that he's a little behind. Okay, we know it's a little Actually we know how far behind? About you being nice right now? About fifty about.
Speaker 4: He had the wrong fit going to the Cup, he had to go home, change, come back late man.
Speaker 5: Playing devil's advocate on the fence. I'm not on the fence, but you will make sure you're walk in that locker room.
Speaker 1: You don't get with him. He said it, he said it, get him. I bet you won't walking down with the players.
Speaker 5: Seventy seventy nine good saying. But that's why you always do that, because every time we talk about it, you will never.
Speaker 4: Say that, Yeah, I think it's good kid, good total to pick up the jacket.
Speaker 1: It is. He definitely gonna get one of those, though.
Speaker 3: For sure, could the fact that the score and the competitive football phase was over at halftime have anything.
Speaker 4: To do with that make it work, that would make that will get the young guy in there more. You know, if you get we need to get you some experience. Gallimore Gallimore.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking at gall like it was garbage time. I'm just different. Jump.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest, Church, what's happening when you pick a guy? My truck Critter isn't the best. I'm gonna I'm gonna gone.
Speaker 1: I've had the.
Speaker 4: Madden curse, alright, I've had I've had it. You know, I've had the Madden curse with these guys lately. But something different about Gallimo.
Speaker 1: He's got different My guy five pat you the same thing.
Speaker 3: He jump on the guy like his got his guy.
Speaker 1: This year coming out of training camp the Rangers, Jacob the ground. M hmm.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, you know, yours a textans got two guys you know another Galimore is still up in there.
Speaker 1: Quambo though that was the first one on Israel. I was the first one on That was the first.
Speaker 5: One on.
Speaker 1: The first one on what happened to is And you want to curse anybody else?
Speaker 5: Double double g mad double G if I got you man that bad double want to listen.
Speaker 1: I came more man do this thing.
Speaker 5: Because Dalton shows he was like nah and then.
Speaker 1: You did, because you know they're only won that push my flots out there.
Speaker 4: You know, we got guys on the fence here, and then they don't want to put themselves out and that's why they don't get that guy on the fence.
Speaker 5: You got one fence guy. He's a fence guy. Listen, go listen to I don't know, man, we didn't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean saying we should draft the what for the last few years, I ain't put on the name on it.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about cats is already in the building. Slater, he put his name on. Rashaan Slater should have got him.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 3: No, Rashon Slator should have got him.
Speaker 1: Know when when it was happening, That's what I said. That was who you want.
Speaker 5: I'm saying what it was happening, that's what Now. Yeah, we got Michael Porton act like the dude is a bad player.
Speaker 1: Who's talking about we? He and I on that one we were were you were for Slater? He and I were.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying, they turned out to be bad. I was saying Michael wasn't gonna turn out to be good. I was saying, what you kept, you kept saying issue he put the stamps.
Speaker 1: On guys, I put him on. If I see you, if I exactly a gonna we ain't gonna just act like Herbert's trash.
Speaker 4: We ain't gonna do that. We ain't gonna do like Herbert. We ain't gonna put him like he's trashed. Let's let's be making my guy for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's be real.
Speaker 4: The only people I missed out on only got missed out on Double G.
Speaker 1: That was you.
Speaker 5: Was staying on table with the double Double G was my guy.
Speaker 1: That was really if we're looking at it, that might be was It was double G.
Speaker 5: That was pretty much opposite of Dalton Schulten and right now you were shaky with never just until we saw yeah.
Speaker 1: Double G and was was my was my miss? Double G? Questioned me on the second contract for Diggs.
Speaker 4: He questioned me, was I the only one?
Speaker 1: That's what I mean? The narrative be spending all?
Speaker 5: But he called second contract after Trayon gave up out know how many yards with Nolan It was a bad game.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, no, check the time he got it was horrible. Coach, need call it. He did call second contract.
Speaker 3: Watch and not watch this now now now we're on point about them taking digs in the first round. We were there, we did say, and he didn't do it. Obviously he took CD LAB but we were there on digs. But you lost faith at the first two games.
Speaker 4: You was laughing when you said, we used to call him double moon, shady man, roll time.
Speaker 1: You got good coaching. That was the old I'm talking about the old school players. That was.
Speaker 5: That was, that was back in the day plans, back in the I got you.
Speaker 1: People was on here talking about that wasn't the lead man. I mean, I mean that was whoa, whoa. We're gonna take a break at my wrong, my wrong too much. That was small We picts.
Speaker 3: Early, will depicts early system, Cray small right players.
Speaker 1: Last now Cowboys that coming.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now. Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 1: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 10: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball make a play for the playmaker at getjack black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 1: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 1: They snapped a preshout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapp. He'll love full a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, jogger and more. The Bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: To the players loud.
Speaker 5: Head to the Pro Shop at Arlington Parks Mall in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, September twenty third between eleven am and four pm for Cowboys Collection. For a Cowboys collection on tour, see Rare Team archives, customize headwear, grab a gift with a purchase and enter for a chance to win a giveaway. Stay tuned for more tour stops coming throughout the season.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Ma Harrison, Gotsch, Heck Harrison, we Strutch, Danny Craye players land right, we do picks here in.
Speaker 1: A minute, we did say Jets D Cowboys D. So let's pop in on that one. There. I'm storry with you, cray How do you look at these two defenses here? I look at these defenses being pretty similar. All right. They got young talent on there.
Speaker 5: They got a monster on the front line when Quinn Williams who kind of gets everything started up there, and their defensive coordinators are known for being great.
Speaker 1: Again, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: They lost this week? You see you go there? They went out there, had lost picked and they lost. While you still saying Rod time. Anyways, I look at these defenses. You know what, I see key players from Alabama both defense. What about l s u Who who's out there? The moon Clark out there?
Speaker 1: Okay, like you you forgot her? Not anyway? Anyways, I look at him doing anything.
Speaker 5: He's still new, right, I need some time?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, go Tigers.
Speaker 4: Okay, then you go see.
Speaker 5: Gonna say you broke Washington like I said, who got two hundred nineteen? Okay? There we go? Okay, defense jump talent. Okay, Quinn Williams up front leading the charge. You got young young star out there in the secondary. And then, oh, by the way, opposite of that man, when after he had a hell of a game on Monday, was it red white white, I'm sorry, white head. Opposite of that on the next level, you got a guy who went out and had three interceptions and a game. Right, they play fast. Salad is known for being great with players and being able to call defenses against big time offenses. All right, that's why he got the head coaching job up there in New York. So to me, similar all throughout do we have more? Absolutely, because we got the bazooka, we got gil Moore, we got digs. Well, you can you could just start naming safeties off. You could keep going all the way through Bill. You can just all through the DeMarcus Lawrence people. I think people forget how good DeMarcus Lawrence is. And we said this many well, I said this many times. Is as long as he continued to get full years under Dan Quinn, he will continue to get better. Because I remember he was injured the first the first year, and everybody say, yeah, I don't know, full year.
Speaker 1: Ball this year.
Speaker 5: You see them come out of their beating blocks faster than you could blink your eyes. So similar, but I think we've got more. It's gonna be a tough test for our offense though.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm with you as far as they're they're really similar defenses. When you talk about player for player out there, because you go into the secondary, you know, I feel like sauce and and digs, you know kind of you know which one of you what's your flavor? You know which one do you pick? You want to straight lockdown, you want a guy that gets turnovers. I mean it's it's it's one A, one B. When you talk about that, and then you're talking about their second corner. Reason, no slouch. You know, Rea can hold his own out here. That's why they don't travel sauce guard and the left. They just play left and right because they believe Reed is a good player. And you match them with Gilmore, you know, maybe player of the year Gilmore is is off the top, not a couple of years ago. So I'm gonna say they're they're pretty similar as well. So the only thing that's really different, you know, between those two different they're two defenses. Is that front for the Cowboys is just I mean, you got waves Upon, you got you know, Parsons, Lawrence, then you got Sam Williams, Fowler, you got Armstrong and Gholston.
Speaker 1: Do you just go down the list.
Speaker 4: They're extremely deep when you talk about that defensive line, and New York's no slouch. But after Quinn Williams, I mean, you got the guy from Florida State, Tremaine Johnson and all that, but.
Speaker 1: They're not touching their defensive line. So to me, they're pretty similar.
Speaker 4: It's just in the positions that you want to watch, the impact position, defensive line and secondary. Give it to the Cowboys because the line like in court for New York, I believe it's better than ours. But those other two rounds, I gotta give it to the Cowboys. So overall, I believe the Cowboys got a better defense.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: What I don't want to do is repeat anything that y'all just said. But y'all hit the nail on the head with both of these defenses because of the athletes that they have. The great separator for me is Michael Parsons period. The way that Dan Quinn is using number eleven, man, it's just when you turn on the tape, it's like, if you in that defensive line room, you're like, man, we're gonna eat because we know what kind of attension he's gonna get from the opposing offensive line. When you saw those stunts and guys like Ulsa dig I mean, Olsa had all day to get his sacked. All right, you know, Chauncey Golson got a sack. These guys are going to eat because of the effect that Michael Parsons has. And to me, that is going to be the one thing that when you get throughout the season, as the things started talking about him being Defensive Player of the Year, all those things, it's going to be, man, how is he affecting these teams? And how our offensive coordinator is going to deal with Michael Parsons. And but on the other side for the Jets, don't just not get it twisted. Quinn Williams is different. He is different. And baby Huie, I don't know where you're from. I don't know if he was born that size that dude is. That's a big kid in the inside of there. But when I just want to go back to something you said about the linebackers, their linebackers do it.
Speaker 1: MOSEYJ Mosey. I like CJ.
Speaker 5: Moseley since he was in Baltimore, another guy I believe. I thought you're about to say the school, we know where school he went to. Don't get him started. But I'm just saying CJ is different, and I think it's that they play with.
Speaker 1: It's the speed that they play with that I think is so crazy.
Speaker 5: When I watch it on Telly, I'm like, these guys are flying around, so look, it's gonna be a great matchup.
Speaker 1: The same thing, like, what I don't want to see is.
Speaker 5: Us making any special teams, miss cues, get behind early because it's something dumb, a turnover, a fumble, or something crazy happened. Because they have the kind of defense that can really shut you out right. So you know, Robert Saala, I respect his game as a defensive coordinator. He earned his bones when he was at with the forty nine ers. I mean, how many more head coaches just both to.
Speaker 1: Have to make right.
Speaker 5: It's just like you, he getting guys head coaching jobs. But now it's another guy in that line. And again Salah has an aggressive defense. And what Mike McCarthy said about soft guard, and I thought that was the greatest compliment, just talking about his lint and him playing that fade ball down in the red zone. It's hard when you're going up against the tall corner like sauft guard and then so it's gonna be an epic matchup.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Shen't wait to see a Salla. Gotta get it sold back though, because he lost it on Monday.
Speaker 1: It's just skeleton man was he was gone, well walk be all right, we got another one.
Speaker 4: Okay, It's gonna be a real test though, to see if McCarty's really that upgrade.
Speaker 1: I'm just this is gonna be the one. This is the one.
Speaker 3: This is the one that is the one team you was in.
Speaker 1: Really, giants, really, what do you need to see?
Speaker 5: Because you know from him coming up against a defense like that, what order you saying, like, if if this office could get this many yards versus this kind of defense, and I'm I might be sold with Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 4: To me, it's not gonna be much about the yard. It's about what they look like driving down the field. Like if we see them going out there, we get down into this, we.
Speaker 1: Don't run out you right, You're right, let's go hang. We get this. We can talk about it. The we talking about it. It's five games. It's gonna take a little sure, get all right?
Speaker 3: Thursday Night football the Field, Alpha Eagles hosting the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 1: Vikings lost last week at home to Baker Mayfield, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a seven point here for Philly with Minnesota in the city of brotherly love.
Speaker 1: I'll go first. Give me Philadelphia to win the thirty one twenty six.
Speaker 5: Dmat I'm going twenty four to seventeen. Philly's offense didn't look great last week. Baker Mayfield, and you know they gonna play defense. He's gonna figure out the way, hopefully to protect the ball. I think it'll be a closer game, defensive, defensive type game. Philadelphia thirteen seventeen ten.
Speaker 1: He don't even want to win the game. He could say, give me Philly.
Speaker 4: We all understand what primetime Kirk Cousins is man, So give me that, give me that fill that's growth.
Speaker 5: Though he picked phil I thought you was just gonna pick against them just because score.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that score thirty one twenty four Philly.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Washington is at Denver. Give me Denver at home, tough place.
Speaker 1: What you what?
Speaker 5: WHOA?
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: So twenty one seventeen Matt.
Speaker 5: Both because I watched him play last like goodness, gracious, but I do think the Raiders were better than the Cardinals. So I'm gonna go with Denver as well. Maybe Jerry Judy place. Maybe done, but you get you another weapon out there. I think they're gonna be okay. But the score score sixteen to ten, man good they lost last week.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with my favorite co parent, Russell. I'm going twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 1: Twenty four A. Yeah, I'm definitely. Yeah, I'm definite too. Yeah, that's right. A tough place to play, let's right, but you got twenty to seventeen, twenty to seventeen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the show Jacksonville boasting, Ken's City.
Speaker 1: Got Trevor Lawrence the fantasy team.
Speaker 3: So the super Bowl, we got jackson we got Kansas City winning.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight, thirty five. You going in Kannas City, Yeah, thirty five. Kelsey back, yeah yeah. Trevor Lewis throwing like from five touchdown. So anyway, so Kelsey's back, I don't know is he Chris Jones back, but I don't know. I don't think he.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're matter at my next Yeah, because I'm gonna go. I'll go ahead and pick Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There we're going thirty four thirty score. Oh yeah, they're gonna put some buckets up now. I'm going.
Speaker 5: I gotta go, Patrick Mahon, I'm going Can't City. Yeah, yeah, I can't sit.
Speaker 4: I can't go on too, hung man, Hey, can City, all right, So I forget Detroit beat the Blatherer.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm going Kansas City and score.
Speaker 5: I'm man, it's gonna be thirty one, thirty one, thirty one, twenty one.
Speaker 1: Big ten pointly get me, dou bo, let me get that. Thirty one.
Speaker 3: Twenty four, twenty four Baltimore at Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: I will go first.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I picked in my my my DMN picks. I'm pretty sure I picked Cincinnati. I'm gonna go with a good old twenty four twenty three Cincinnati Victory, d Mac.
Speaker 5: Go Tigers, Joe World. They're gonna shake back this week. Man, I don't see them going on too. I think they're finna come out here and they show what they really got.
Speaker 1: The two hundred nineteen guaranteed his office. Mind, now he.
Speaker 5: Cut his hair, He s after you, when do you decide it's time to cut your hand? Say after you get your butt with like that? Alright, so he ready, all right, but I still think it's gonna be a defensive struggle.
Speaker 1: Twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 5: Okay, man, I'm like Patrick Mahone's dad smoking at Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: I think I got Baltimore.
Speaker 5: Man, I think Baltimore is gonna do them low score.
Speaker 1: I'm going side. God, let's go twenty to seventeen, twenty zero, Yeah, to zero, seventeen.
Speaker 4: Just give me Baltimore. Lamar offense gonna bounce back. Give me Baltimore twenty eight, twenty.
Speaker 1: One, twenty eight, twenty one.
Speaker 3: All right, the New York Jets coming to Jerry World for the home opener. The Cowboys are a ten point favorite in this game. Give me Dallas to win. Twenty six two.
Speaker 1: Twenty Dallas, twenty six, twenty. You're gonna put up put up some points. Yeah, I thought you had faith in dann Quinn.
Speaker 4: Twenty points, say Breese oftenersgether, they say, twenty sixty three twenty They gonna put up twenty thinks it just gonna put up twenty special teams. Man thirty one ten, oh said, with your whole chest, thirty one said, with your chest.
Speaker 1: Dog thirty one a teen whooping at the crib. You know you made okay seventeen it's crazy twenty when I played last week? You think it's new for the No, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have anything, okay, twenty six made the flip again.
Speaker 1: Gave me out there. Yeah, you topknots right now, a couple of gold medals, hack MoU, y'all know where I'm going.
Speaker 5: I'm going with the cowboys on this and uh man, a cowboy read it gonna taste so good about.
Speaker 1: The fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: Soboy rider it costs by twenty dollars too, But I want to I think we scored Man.
Speaker 1: Twenty four, twenty four ten. I think we Yeah, called the dogs. Yeah, got covering the spread BC. Now I'm going cowboys.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a massacre, man, give me a twenty eight seven something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be a masker.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well halling them come in here and go nuts.
Speaker 1: Man, you're gonna be hot by it.
Speaker 3: So Thursday, text me everybody's got Philly winning tonight.
Speaker 1: We've all got Philadelphia. And that made me feel everybody well, I should, said Anderson. Yeah, everybody's got.
Speaker 3: Philly covering because it's seven point point spreads. Everybody's got Philly covering here except me.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I got thirty one twenty six, so I don't have I don't have Philly covering. Hecklan's got seventeen to ten Philadelphia. Church, You've got thirty one twenty four Philly. Danny, you've got it twenty four to seventeen Philadelphia. So we all think Philly will win. I just think that Kirk Cousin's gonna get them garbage yards for.
Speaker 1: You buy as long as they give them to Jefferson. I need just that is what he does.
Speaker 3: I mean, King of the garbage time is Kirk Cousins. Is what fantasy football is all about. Why that man is good at that particular thing.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, we will do this tomorrow minus mister McCrae. All little work do these guys. He does work for the team. We have to remember that times, you know.
Speaker 5: He I'll be at the camp in Spanish. Herit's is much okays, we'll be at the leadership and Spanish form Oh hello Spanish.
Speaker 1: Come I'll tell you almost okay Audio Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club