Speaker 1: Guess who just got back today. They're Brooklyn Bus that had been away. They both have so much to see. You know, their names are brilliant.
Speaker 2: Scaring the Boys rags guess episode two sixty eight. It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast. We're playing that song more than ever since. You take more vacations than ever. Shut up, I take the same amount of vacations every morning show, now, everybody in the morning show, for every year. Now, you know, people, I'm sick of people. Shut their shut your It's not true. You admit shut your pole. You admitted last episode. Everyone heard it. You now have two more weeks vacation than you had all the years on years ago. Brody, we've been doing this twenty eight it we've been doing this twenty eight years. Hold on, yeah, all right, and twenty eight years. Hold on twenty eight years. And every once in a while you accrue another week of vacation. What I'm saying is that we've always taken the last week of August off. This should be no surprises to anybody that the last week of August we weren't here. We didn't give you an episode last week.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I was just pointing out, we're playing the Boys are back in town song more than we usually write, but we're not doing it at this point of the year. It's the same amount of times, right, But if you don't listen to the well wait, I'm saying wait, till the course of twenty twenty three, we haven't given we have we haven't gotten there yet though the audience doesn't know. The audience doesn't know that we've only told everyone last week. What I'm saying is, but you admit it. If you compare January to August to January to August, it's been the same amount of weeks, the same amount of times you heard that song. Now it was an extra time. Now we skipped a week. There will be bad, there will be there will be some surprises next month. What a random week in October we're going on vacation because we never had that before. But we will be going on vacation, and I don't know what to do with that week, to be quite honest, I need to find someone. Once you've worked all of September, you're exhausted at that point, Brody, we're adding a week work a whole month. Of course, you need a vacation. It's a whole month. It's an extra week that we're getting. I'm not looking at gift to us in the mouth. No, and it's not like it's during the big rating season. I'm saying this, Okay, you could make funnel you want. After twenty eight years of doing this, I've earned it and I'm not gonna feel bad about taking it. I'm not. I refuse, Brody. I just came off of a week and this is not a bragging moment. I just got back from the trip of a lifetime. I checked off so many items on my bucket list. Proty, you'll laugh at me, feel free to laugh, but I'll tell you this, dude, We're not getting any younger, So you know, why shouldn't I take what's given to me and travel the world. I need to do this credible trip. I'll mention. I'll mention the sponsor for the morning show. It's not a sponsor here, so it's fine. Norwegian Cruise Line. You went on the new ship Viva. Yeah, I got a chance to preview it. Yeah, we went on the We went on the Prima, which was the first in class class. This is the second one. So when we went on the special trip last year, we went to Iceland and Amsterdam and wherever where else we went. So this is the this year's trip. Yeah, it looked incredible. Well thanks, you know, but listen, I never ever thought that I was gonna go see these beautiful waterfalls in Split Croatia, or sit on the Game of Thrones thrown, or go to a Slovenia and go hang out in a cave. Like I literally felt like I was on a Disney ride where they take you on this train on a railroad track into a cake a mine car. It looked like a yeah, fifteen minutes and you're fifteen minutes in and it's like forty degrees in there, and then they drop your waf and you you're hiking. Broly, I hiked through a cave for an hour. There's no footage of you hiking. All that footage you put up on social media, there's no hiking footage. Well trust me. For ninety minutes, I was deep inside this cave and it was dripping hiking. It was for a good hour of the good alilation. Scary. Hiked for like three minutes, but it felt like an hour. No, and I was going up steep hills. Well, I mean we were I mean it was paved and ways they were paved, and there were handrails because they were made for tourists. Okay, I felt like it was on a disney ride. The water was real, but it was dripping from the celi You waited three hours to get on it. No, well that's the disney ride. Yeah, that's true. Well, anyway, I got to see these caves and it was I felt like I almost cried like twice, you know. Then I went hiking. Yeah. Yeah, I was out of breath, you know, you know, to see these caves, to see these waterfalls, these naturally occurring things, like I have a new found incredible, a new found appreciation. Yeah, okay, you went to Italy. Well, my boy from Brooklyn went to Italy. That to my next point, Permo Sicily. I got to see where my great grandparents were born. Like, well, I didn't go to the town, but I got to see that. I was. I saw the water that they used to go to at the beach. No, I went to Syracusa. I went to the town of Tara Mecus, Big Orange, Taramina, Taramina, Italy. TJ. Our old friend TJ. Taramina even better. You know it's in Taramina is the White Lotus Hotel. The White Lotus, I know that, and Mount said Taramina on the show all the time. Mount Edna, I will say this though, very big disappointment you, Mount Etna. They don't want any tourists at that hotel. You could tell that the people at the it's a four seasons hotel. By the way, that's where they filmed The White Lotus. That is the exterior shots. The first season. They put up a fortress around that place. They put up all they you can't get near it because there's so many tourists trying to penetrate that there's no there's no shot. Yeah, pat right, there's no No one's getting near it. It was almost like get out of here, we don't want you. So you could see it from afar and you could take pictures of it. I feel like people got in, but you didn't. And now you're trying to make it like nobody gets in. You could admit you got you got stopped by the red velvet ropes. I got stopped. And and also well, I got to say regarding the Game of Thrones, I really thought that I was gonna sit on the actual Game of Thrones thrown, but it's a replica that was in a souvenir shop. But man, oh man, they're not gonna have the real throne is sitting around for people to sit on it. The way she's the tour guide made it sound that I thought we were going to the real one. But if you want to sit on the real one, you have to be a character on the show. No one expected or wanted to sit on the throne. Right awful finale. That whole area of Croatia they film Game of Thrones all over there, so they have a whole Game of Thrones tours. But back to Italy for a second. So I ate my way through Italy. I went, I'm half Sicilian and half Neapolitan? Are we say Nomaladan? The two pizzas Naples and Sicily? Did you have Sicilian pizza in Sicily? You know something Brody doesn't doesn't exist, doesn't. So first of all, in Naples Napoli, obviously we're the birthplace of pizza. Naples the birthplace of pizza. They claim, they claim they invented pizza. They have They do a lot of round, thin crust pizzas, so it looks like the ones that we know. But it's smaller and more like a personal pie and you know whatever. And the pizza was amazing there. However, when you went to Sicily, they had similar pizza and I'm like, where's the square? Like huh, I'm like, I don't know. We called Sicilian pizza in America. The Sicilian is the square? Where is it you? They don't have it there? How is that possible? Now? Granted that Sicilian immigrants may have made it in America, and I get it, but it seems like they should have it now. They should like retro have it, like, oh, we don't have it, but it's popular in America, we should start serving it here.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: What they did have though, was the Sicilian rice ball, which is the meat and cheese with sauce, meat and peas rather with inside the rice rice ball. Yeah right. So that one had pinelli, which is like fried chick peas. It's a flattened sandwich, is very wet. I don't like that. I do. And they had a lot of pastries. Now cis anymore. They don't I ate them all. And Annapolis they're also known for the Sria Dell. That's the crusty, the crusty pastry Figioletti, foige, little whatever. And in Venice they have this obsession with Christini. They take a piece of Italian and they throw mortadell and pistachio cream on it, or you could. They have like twenty different kinds of Christini and you say ooh, and they're like a dollar fifty or a one to fifty euro whatever, and you just go numb because we want to try all of them, the tomato paste one, the one with tagli, the cheese and whatever. So yeah, I was the tail. Yeah, I don't know, whatever the hell? Yeah, but did they spot you as a fake Italian right away? Oh? God, yeah, they saw me coming a mile away. They also accuse me, old friend, call you Anthony all the time deliberately. No, they accused me of changing my last name because it's a Sicilian last name. And they're like, wait a second, they're like, who accused you? They did the tour guide. She goes, wait a second, your name is scary, so I said, yeah, she goes, it's actually Shia today it should be Shiah, and like they they really did a number on your ancestors. When they came to Ellis Island and they said, we're gonna Americanize, you bastards. And that's what they did. They to my great grandmother and great grandfather. You know. Yeah, but they didn't change the spelling. They didn't put it apparently, Yeah, but they they they changed the pronunciation. You can't change pronunciation once you get off the island. You go, fam call it what you want.
Speaker 5: Not that.
Speaker 2: When my grandparents came over, they changed the spellings of our names. They did. Yes, so like one of my grandparents, he and his brother, think no, My great grandfather and his brother came through Ellis Island, right, They went on two different lines. On the long lines. They got split up. Yeah. Well, one of them went through and they kept his name the way it was, and the other one went through and they took an E out of his name. The two brothers families don't have the same name because they took an e out. I guess legally they could have put the e backs you one hundred years later, but they didn't. I heard they were fucking with everybody back then as they were coming through Ellis Island. Of course, Statue Liberty. It's like the freshman in high school. But they pretty much made a snap judgment as you're walking through, They're like, Okay, from here on out, this is how you spell and pronounce your name. Okay, go and then that. Then that's how it took. But once you hit the streets, no one's going to remember that. Well it took in my family, I should have been it should be Jones. I don't reclaim your name. I'm not gonna Well, look at India. They're trying to reclaim you see what the country of India is trying to do now. They want to go back to Barrat that they want to change the country name from India to the Barat. In fact that I didn't realize this, but Mumbai. We used to be Bombay b O N b A Y. But they already did that. They said we want to be Mumbai because that's what we originally were. So if you google, if you write Bombay Sapphire, right, so it's Mumbai. By the way, I thought they were too Persia. You know what country Persia is? Now what I ran? Oh, well they make great rugs. You got to say. Well, all I can say is this the the Bombay Mumbai thing. Right, So India wants to go back to Barat. They want to change the name. So am I supposed to reclaim what I was supposed to be back then? Like you know, like, just what is that? It's a foolish. Well I'll give you. I'll give you an example. Okay. I had a teacher in junior high school. We went to the same high school. You may have had him. Also. His name was Panagos. I had him, Yes, p A n A g O s. Yeah. His father pronounced the name when he came before he came to America as panagas their Greek. But he changed his name to Panagos pronunciation to sound more American. But then his son, who I'm friends with and was an intern for us at the radio station, is now in my fantasy football league. He pronounces it panagas out of respect for his grandfather and the tradition, so his name is pronounced differently than his own father. So what I'm trying to say is, who's to say? You could? You could make a rule going forward that's how you want to be known, and then that's it. That's the correct. Of course. There's a guy on the Mets. His name is Tyler. His parents spelled his name t y l o R. Because his brother's name was Trevor t R E V O R, so like oh, Trevor and Tyler. But he decided he wants to have his name pronounced Tylor. His parents are like, but your name is Tyler. He's like, no, I'm Tyler now. So he's just running with it. He's just running. I went to school with a kid. His name was oh, uh, Harold. His name is Harold. He decided his name was going to be H period, so everybody called him H. That said. He's like, no, you call me H. Be a trend set. Yeah, you could just start over and erase it. No, and just change the script, flip the script going forward. I guess I could do that, so I could be ship at Jones. Shithead, shithead Jones. You're a shithead and scary anyway. So I just just to wrap up my ch I don't want to bore everybody with that. Yeah, you're fucking savage today. Man, maybe you should I'm tired. You should have gotten on vacation. You should have taken what you should have taken a vacation. I should have taken a vacation from my year long vacation. I had a drive to pick up my daughter at college today. So that she could come back to New York to see David Kushner in concert. She's obsessed with David Kushner the singer, even though she saw him like two months ago. So I went. I drove to her school, and it took me an hour and a half longer than it should have because of traffic. Then I had to drive back to Manhattan, which took about forty five minutes longer than it should have because of traffic. Slive it on the road all day and she's like, Oh, you're not driving me back to school tonight. I'm like, no, you take the train. I'm exhausted. So I'm a little like I'm on edge when I'm tired, I'm on edge, That's okay. And when I'm on edge, I get snappy and on edge as well. I'm tired. I did something today that I don't think I've ever done in my entire career. And Howard, Yeah, how'd you guess waited two hours and forty five minutes for a picture with a celebrity that was at another radio station. Knowing So okay, let's let's say that I used to used to wait like two hours, like get the rock station down the hall, What was the celebrity and what was the longest you've waited? Think about it, because we okay for the listeners, just to set this up behind the scenes. Normally they would come into the morning show, they do the interview and there's some pictures that we could take and but a lot of times when they pre record stuff later in the day, the morning shift is over. So if you really want to meet that celebrity, you got to hang around. And so you've done that because a lot of your favorites are at the rock station, which, well, i'll give you I'll give you one a little little better, Okay. Sometimes they would record interviews at night. Oh like they'll say, oh, this rock person's coming in, and I would come back to the radio station at seven, eight o'clock at night. That's different. That's different. I'm talking about. No, I've waited, Yes, I've waited. So on the longest you've waited and for who was it? Who? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 2: Five? Think about it? Six hours? I waited. I think I waited six hours to meet Peter Chris, the drummer from Kiss Shut Up. You waited at the station on like four o'clock in the afternoon with Ken Dash out on Q so from the time I should and it was over at ten am. At ten am, I waited till like three thirty four o'clock. Wow. Wow, I kept busy. I did work. I've never waited. I've never waited ever for anyone. Today I did today. I waited two hours and forty five minutes to get a picture with Cardi B because she was over at the Breakfast club with Djnvy and Charlemagne. So I pretty much me and Gandhi stuck around and I'm like, I guess we're in this together, Gandhi and I. Gandhi was like, should we stay? I don't know. I will say this. If I was by myself, I wouldn't have stayed at all. I would have left. But the fact that I had gone to Gandhi for staying, then Gandhi is for support. We stayed and I didn't get home till like close to two o'clock. But I'm like, she had interviews to do. She was doing a lot of stuff. It was was it a photo factory stand next to her. She was hilarious. Oh good, she's hilarious. She was making jokes in the hallway. She is she is exactly who she is on social media, you know, making jokes all the way. She's a new song I would make in the stallion. So so I'm like, you know what, I kind of want a picture with her. I don't have one, so, you know, so I figured, uh, you know, let's uh let me take that picture. So so we waited and waited, and now I'm dead, tired, I don't know, and I'm not sorry I did it. Speaking of dead though and tired and pictures, oh, I'll hear. You have been known to post pictures of dead celebrities when they die. Okay, this time I was shamed out of doing so. If we're talking about Steve Harwell, the lead singer of smash Mouth. From smash Mouth, you didn't post that picture, Yeah, did not post it. I have a solo with him, and I have a picture with you and me and him. Yeah, and it's a great picture. Didn't feel like I needed to post it because he's not big enough to get credit. Not true. We went on the air on Monday morning or Tuesday morning after Labor Day, and we they were shaming. They were pre shaming me for posting. They're like, oh, he's scary he's gonna post to Steve harwell picture here it comes. And I'm like, look, I said, first of all, if I really wanted to do that, I would have done it already because it's the two days have passed. But that's neither here nor there. I said, I'm not doing it because the first of all, the moment has passed. Secondly, all you guys do is shame me for for posting these pictures anyway. You know what I'm saying. Like I said, you guys, it's not a big deal to do that, and like all that is is a look at me, me me moment, and you're not honoring them. That's just a moment for you to jump jump up and say, look I knew this person when you really didn't, when you knew them for like five seconds when you took the picture and you moved on. And Scottie b raised a great point and he came to my defense and he said, well, if that's the case when a celebrity dies and a radio station starts playing their music or an old interview from them, isn't that the same thing? And he's right, it's pretty much doing the same thing. It's not because when an artist, a painter dies or a performer. As soon as a singer dies, their music skyrockets. The record sales go up because people start thinking about them more and they're like reminiscing about them. Okay, oh I love his music. No one needs to reminisce about you standing next to Steve Harwell, yeah, but now looks but me playing up the picture is get ship before I get ship. I have posted pictures with some celebrities that have passed. I was about to call your ass out on hold on, hold on, but I do it the ones I've done, like Bob Saggot. I did it not to point out that I met Bob Saggott. I did it as a as a chance to talk about when I did meet him, what a gracious, wonderful, funny man he was that I got to experience a little bit of it. Huh. But there's lots of gallery on my Facebook. Sorry, I have a Facebook Kazoo type album of like we've met Like I've met like thirty dead people after that, you know, before they died on the morning. I hope you didn't meet. I'm not looking on there's a lot. We've met a lot of people that have passed away. We have. And you know what, when Benny White passed away, I just jumped right up and posted the picture of me and her. That did two of us rather And let me say this, people, the way you said it was right. People shit on me for that, and I'm like, go fuck yourself. If you had a picture of you and Betty White, you know you damn well would post it on social media. And if you're listening, Slices, I love you all to death, but you know that if you had a picture with Betty White and she passed away, you would take that moment and you would seize the moment and you would put that in social media. Don't even try and give me a line of ship and say you would not you all would do that, Slices. I did post a picture where a celebrity who had passed away. I think it was on my Facebook page. It wasn't. It wasn't on Instagram. And by the way, before you go further, and there's nothing wrong with you doing so, I'm on the I'm on the I'm on the side of it's cool. It's all right. If you own it, you you feel free to post it. It's okay. But Okay, don't. Okay, I'm getting myself worked up because everybody you're lost. Well, I got a lot of that. Oh wait, wait wait a picture the celebrity I met and he passed away. Yeah, People like on my Facebook page who know me were like, oh, my condolences. I'm so sorry. You know, I didn't realize you were friends with him, and I was like, no, I just took a picture with him, you know. But there's I'm not going to give it out because I don't want to draw attention to it, even though he's wonderful. There's there's a couple of accounts. They're radio Instagram accounts run by people we don't know who they are, and they crap on bad radio. Right, they'll post bad radio and they'll make fun of people for being like hackey. They have a new thing now where if they find anyone who posts a picture of a celebrity, they repost it and everybody makes fun of it. Right. They actually, that's actually they're shaming the radio because they're trying to give examples of what bad radio is and that they're saying that that's a terrible thing. And there deliberately posted a picture and tagged that guy so that the guy would take his picture and repost it. He got all this kind of great attention. He's like, ah, I'm famous now. He did it deliberately. But that's a form out. Isn't that a form of bullying in a way? Yeah, you know. It also depends on how they die. If it's a tragic, horrible like you know, I would, I would, I don't do that. But if it's like old age, then it's like, all right, when when Chester Bennington died, When Chester Benington of oh that was sad, yeah, of Lincoln Park passed away, I posted that picture of the two of us. Why not everyone's looking into this way too deeply. It's not you know, it's not that big of a deal, you know, but everyone had to make a federal case about it on the mom I interested my picture of Chester on Facebook. I did. But but also because after we took that picture, I had a three or four minute conversation with him about his musical influences and how some of the bands he likes I like, but a really good conversation. So plus I wanted to highlight that in my post. Plus, if I'm a part of their career in any way. When they're deathbed, they were like, oh, I remember Scary Jones, and you know what his real name is? Shit eh, shithead? His name was Shhead. Why is that Shihead posting the picture of two of us? Take that picture down? Shithead? On his on his deathbed, Steve Harwell said, hey, now I'm an all star, don't post that picture of me scary or not. So yeah, I was pre shamed into it, so I never did post Steve Harwell. Do you remember where we took that picture with Steve Harway? Yes, it was the christening of the Norwegian Bliss ship. That's right. And see how sponsor and in podcast you're allowed to mention it at the at the it was the Q Smoke it was it was the Smoked Meats place. It was the Q Barbecue Smoke House. Q Smokehouse, which is a barbecue restaurant on the ship. And we were we were backstage. They have a stage there because they have bands playing there, and he performed. They split the whole morning show up and they put us all in different rooms and you and I were in that room and our celebrity was Steve Harwell, and he performed his songs and he was really cool backstage with us. He really was. He wasn't, you know, belligerent and screaming and yelling into the microphone like he was in that last video of him on stage performing All the Best Way was terrible, terrible that that went viral. If you didn't see it, it's googleable you could hear it. But anyway, but anyway, you get a songs to be a song? Scary. Have you ever had a song in your head that you're like and you can't remember the words and and nobody knows the song? So always three or four days and you were on vacations. I couldn't call you. I had this song in my head and I'm like, uh, banana again, man, banana her head. She's it's pretty white though, yeah, it's pretty white. I couldn't. I couldn't figure out what it was. What? So hold on? Google has this feature You can hum a song into Google song cirta and it tells you the song. No. So yeah, so I did the Google hum and I did the no no, no, no no no, how do I this? Can I do this? Now? Yeah? Google has a song search if you click on the microphone on your on your Google on your phone and you hum lyrics or are you hum words into a song or are you you can have a melody picks up the melody. You don't even need the time. Every time I did that that humming, I got the same song a Spanish, a song in Spanish, over and over again. So what it does is says like eighty five percent probability this is your song that it gives you like a fifty percent song, a thirty percent song gives you like five songs I don't know that are most likely to be that this feature. So you're saying it needs work, it needs work, No, like, okay, I'll do I'll pull it out here and uh, I don't want to see that. No pay. The bottom of it says search a song, ready, get the fuck out it. It says, hey, you look at the results on my phone. If you could see happy birthday, Happy birthday. Wow. So so I kept doing I'll do it again. Well, here we go, search a song. Yeah, right now, slices are going. I totally know that song. What song is it? I don't know? So I got retribution by DJ Paul, Illusioned by Noah Loan. I didn't get the Spanish song that I got so anyway, so I couldn't get the song now that I gotta be honest with you. The Spanish language song that they gave me. The chorus was very similar to what I was trying to figure out slices. If you know what it is, you're probably going crazy right now. I'll tell you what the song is, and I can't believe. I don't know why I couldn't think of it. So it's she's pretty hot, She's kind of hot by five seconds of summer. She's kind of hot, but I was like, he's kind of white. Though I couldn't fat like I was humming it in lyrics, I couldn't have fitur it out. So Google song Search almost got it for me, but didn't quite. So it's podcast. I was gonna say, before you went to commercial, do you remember the last song that was stuck in your head? The last song that was stuck in mind that that you couldn't think of? The song was Yes, Hillary Duff, come clean, Oh sing that for me. Let the rain fall down, Down and.
Speaker 7: The rain.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't know. I didn't know what it was because I kept singing to myself, Let the Rain fall down, and that was all I could remember. You couldn't google let that. But because the words come clean, which is the title of the song, don't come till the end of that long lyric. It's not part of it. It's yeah, why I did it? Pick me up right there doing that? No, let the real I want to send a shout out to park Mobile. Shout out park Mobile the app. I downloaded it on September fifth, and they gave me a reward for downloading it said claim your gift. I got a thirty dollars gift card to any of these stores listed and it says visit gonift dot com to select your gift by August thirty first. I downloaded the app on September fifth, and I have to claim my gift card by August thirty first of this year, five days earlier. Wow, it expired five days before I won the gift card. That's hysterical. So thank you park Mobile for nothing, for absolutely nothing. Yeah. Also on a shout out, I don't remember who sent this to me. I apologize. There's a video. It's a guy in a store and it says this is what life is like selling on Facebook marketplace, you know, how I always complain that people on Facebook so like I label things it's available, right, it's available, chair ago? Is this available? So the video is a guy walks into a store. He walks over to a black shirt hanging up on a on a on a round like a round fixture. He walks over to the register and he says, is this available, right, which is stupid because he's in the store. She says yes, and he says, I'll give you three cents for it, which is again what they'd low bail you all the time, of course, right, And she says no. He goes and he walks away. It doesn't say a word. And that is life on selling shit on Facebook. I hate it. So I hate it.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was selling a piece of furniture and in the in the listing, I put the measurements the height, the width, the length, and this guy says, is this available?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: The item is called is this available? The item is called it's available, and the item he said, is this it available? I said, yep, if you're referring to the it's available magazine holder, then yes, he says. Do you know, he writes, you know the measurements? I write, yes, I do. Oh my, and he writes back, what are they? I said, they're exactly the same as the ones in the listing. Just go in the listing. So thank you very much for that. Yeah, people are just I had a guy. I bought it something for one hundred and thirty dollars. Collector's cards for one hundred and thirty dollars on eBay. Yep. Guy sends me a direct message two days ago, and he says, I'll give you forty so you don't I can get it off your hands right now. You don't have to worry about it anymore. I said, it's a box of trading cards. It's like ten inches long. I don't need to sell it to you for forty bucks. It's worth one hundred and thirty dollars. He writes back, all right, you drive a hard bargain fifty four. I said, First of all, you don't bargain on eBay, that's not how it works. But I'm asking one hundred and thirty scary. Yeah, I'm not taking fifty four. Would you take one minute? One twenty one, twenty Yeah. I was going to say, yeah, make me really, you know, a realistic offer, right, He goes oh, I want to take it off your hands. This way, don't have to worry about anymore. Yeah, last thing online. I want to mention real quick. You're on LinkedIn. Scary, right. I know you don't use it a lot. I don't use it a lot, but I am on it. Well, there was a company I would never work for, only because it's not my industry, and they had a job posting it's and they were like, hey, we're this great company. We offer benefits and you know, let us know if you'd interested. Click the link. Well it's it clearly says click the link. Well, everybody who wants to work there now is commenting on it, like, oh, hire me. I want to work there. Okay. First of all, you have to follow directions, So why would I hire you if you can't follow directions? Exactly? The person who posted that is the social media manager, not the hiring manager. They're not going to look for you right back. I want to work there. Click the fucking link. Okay. So this person, this, this person wrote, would you hire this person? Scary? I looked on your website and it says you're not hiring Why, oh you are? Yeah, that's pretty bad. That's somebody out yeah, you're done. And then this person wrote, I love blank Company. I wouldn't mind working there t h e I R. Yeah. Yeah, So the stupidity is glaring. But you know, the only thing, though, is before we cut the job, before you come down too hard on these people. And I'm just trying to put my other hat on, trying to want to put my sensitivity cap on. And I want to say, it's called a condom. Scary, it's called a condom. Sometimes people could be full of full of smarts and wit and humor, and they could be the complete package, but they make a couple of maybe grammatical errors or whatever in the least. Yeah, but if you're counting somebody out, no, no attention to detail is my point. So to help out one of the women, I said, hey, you might want to change that to th h e er good luck, and she wrote back, oh my god, I can't believe I made that mistake. I'm a grammar nut. I was voice texting, yeah, thank you so much, voice to tell I may have got helped her get a job. But my point is be careful, especially when you're applying for a job, check your typos. So it's all you, but you and I know you and you've I've seen you do this before with the internship program. You used to do this all the time. You used to discount people and say you're done, throw it in the garbage. As soon as you saw some like you know, you know, some miss you know, a colon instead of a semicolon, you know, or you they forgot a comma, you know, or you you were punctuation police. That's what you were. And it wasn't punctuation because I was grammar police. Grammar and punctuation, both of it. But sometimes you know, someone still has moxie, they got character, and they may be a better person for the job than somebody with perfect grammar. And you're throwing the baby out with the bath water. So so I think, so I've addressed this when you're applying for a flip flop Sean, And I I'm not saying you should totally let them get away with all of that, but there's gotta be some give, and there's gotta be you know what I'm saying. You gotta look at all angles. You can't just just say mistake, you're done. No, I agree, and I was, You're you're exaggerating the length to which I went, I do want to talk about I got a scamboni. If you want to talk about Scamboni, Well, yeah, I gotta get pull the jingle up for but I pull the jingle up. God, you gotta find a Scamboni. Scambon who's scamboning us? Okay? So yeah, yeah, I got two three Scambonis. So the lease is up on my car, right yeah. And I have a Dodge charger, as most of you know, and this is the last year of the car. They're making it electric next year Boogie woogie woogie wiggie. And this is the last year of the gas Dodge chargers. So the price to lease a new one is through the roof. I can't even put fathom leasing a new one. So I decided to buy my lease to buy the car. So last week, while we were on hiatus, I started searching for car loans and I went through a couple of banks you know, you run they run your credit report, and they give you the credit, they tell you the price and you know the interest rate. And I also used a couple of internet well regarded companies that what they do is they go and search for like the best rates for you and they come back and they say, we found a bank with this rate for you. Does that make sense? Yes, Like they're a middleman, yeah, okay, So I get a rate back from this this company, we'll just call them Mike's Loan Company. Not going to out them, but they're a company that promises to get you the best rate. Mike's Loan Company comes back and they offer me I want to say, seven fifty two seven point five on a car loan, which is which is high? Okay? But my car company offered me eight. So I'm like, oh, seven fifty two is all right. But I'm in the middle of shopping around. So she says, well, what are the numbers do you have? I said, well, can you go lower than seven five to two? She says, I said what bank? Is that true? She says it's through TD Bank. I said, oh, seven five to two, all right, Well I'll consider that. Now she's texting me. She texted me to follow up on her email and uh, I said, Well, to be honest with you, I already have seven three nine from another bank. She says, oh, TD Bank will go down to seven twenty eight. I said, well, how'd that happen? She says Uh, they're willing to negotiate. I said, but how did they negotiate? You just texted me back. There was no time even ask them. She says, well, we have some leeway. We can do seven two. Why didn't they give you the better deal to begin with? Right? Right? I said, you're the company with the best rights, you had a better rate. I said, do you discount for direct deposit? In other words, auto pay? If you autopay, they give you a lot of banks and college loans. And no, they're holding they're holding out on you. Brody right, So I said, do you get point two five for direct deposit withdrawals? No? I said, oh, because the bank, this other bank, it will give me point two five. I can get seven point one four. To be honest with you, let me get Oh they beat that. She goes, I can, I can do six seventy two. I said, how did you go from seven to fifty two to six seventy two? She said, TD Bank wants to negotiate. They want your business. I go, you just I just texted you three seconds ago. Are you on the phone with them? No, but they're willing to negotiate. How do you know they're willing to negotiate. I said, give me your lowest number right now. She said six fifty two, so I said I So then I I hauled off. I wait a day and I text her back and I say, hey, I got six forty from this bank. She said, oh, TD bank can do six thirty four. I said, you know what, I don't care how low you can go. I don't want to work with you. No, of course not. They're crooks. They're just trying to get whatever they can out of you until they you're about to walk away, and then they lower the price on you, which means, right, there was definitely a basement there that you weren't getting. Axis If I had just said okay, dookie, I would have gotten seventy five to two. So here's the thing. When you register a car in New Jersey, because when you buy your lease have to reregister it, right, yeah, do you know how much it cost to register a car New Jersey? Smach seventy five dollars? And do you know how much the paperwork is, all the documentation to register a new car. I've never looked. It's free, so I said to the woman. I asked her four times in the span of a day and a half, I texted her four times, Hey, just out of curiosity, what do you charge for the title and registration Thailand? Registration is seventy five dollars? In New Jersey? You know what they charge six hundred and five dollars. You know how much it costs for them to do the paperwork? How much the documentation? Seven hundred dollars. I figured it out with their good rate and adding back in thirteen hundred dollars. The rate's like way over eight. It's ridiculous. Let's say low boil you. So what I'm saying is slices don't get that lower rate until you find out what the hidden fees are. They work it into the loan. You don't notice it. You're like, oh, I got a great deal seventeen hundred dollars, Scamboni. So I got one more scamboni for you. What would you do, scary, what would you do in this situation? I go into the bank that gives me the better loan, right, the one that gave me the legit good price seven point one four. I go into the bank. I meet with one of the guys in the look in the he's got his own office, right, you walk in and got his own office. I said, hey, listen, can you guys do better than seven to one four? He says, let me call my corporate office. I'll email them Today's Thursday. I'll have an answer for you by tomorrow, Friday, or definitely Monday. I will get an answer for you. I said, great, see if you can get me a better rate, all right, I'll call you tomorrow or definitely Monday. I don't hear from him Friday. I don't hear from on Monday. Of course Tuesday, nor would you. I call him. The bank closes at six o'clock. I call him Wednesday at five fifty. I've given him now Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I said, hey, Juan Carlos not his real name, but close, Hey one Carlos, It's David Brody. Oh hey, I was just about to call you. No he wasn't. No, he wasn't. I said, uh, you are, because you were supposed to call me Friday on Monday, and now the bank closes in ten minutes. You were just about to call me. Yeah, I draw my list. I'm going to call you before leave today. Huh, I said, what did they say? Did they email you back. He says, as a matter of fact, they emailed me back. Oh great, what did they say? He goes, Hold on a second, let me find it. That's typing. He's looking. He's looking. He goes, oh, way, hold on, hold on, I'm searching by your name. I said, I said, want Carlos. If you were just about to call me, wouldn't you have the email pulled up?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, I got it, I got I got his. He goes, let me read. He goes, what was he trying to do? He goes, all right, regarding the loan after David Brody for the non charger, we cannot go any logs up. Nope, they can't go any lower. I'm so sorry, I said, Want Carlos. You told me you were just about to call me, yet you didn't read the email and you didn't know They said, no, So what were you gonna call me and tell me you were just gonna call me? But you hadn't read the email? He says, well, I was going to open the email like I just did. On scary. You caught him. People think they can lie to me. You caught him with his pants down. Oh, I was just gonna call you three days later and you don't even read the email. Now, what were you going to tell you? He was here going to tell you I got an email, but I didn't open He was stalling and reading it with you on the phone. Yeah, Hey, I got big news for you. Didn't even have the decency to put you on hold while he did all that. No, Hey, I got big news for you, mister scary. What is it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I got this email that you've been waiting for, and I wanted to tell you what it says?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really, what does it say? Let me find it and then let me read it for the first time three days later. Guess who's bank. I'm not going back to the fuck out of here. That that's a bullshit artist. People are bullshit artists, just they are. Okay, calm down, Bertie, calm calm down. I'm very very This is all the tale of two guys here, one who's been on vacation and the other who you could fry an egg on his head right now, because yeah, he's so angry, you're about to blow a gasket. Calm down, Can I can I? Can I tell you one more thing? One more scame ony? Can we take a break? One more we have to take a break. Take a break, I got one more. Take take a break, Okay, take a breather, Okay, get a glass of water something, Maybe go run one off? I scary and brody. By the way, while we were gone, I called our friends a better help and they calmed me down. I thought you were gonna say you ran one off. No, no, no, no, it would take me another three seconds for that. So scary, yes, Brody, yes, Berde.
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: Can I let me be your sounding board. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna sit here and I'm gonna listen. I'm gonna take notes while you lay on the couch and you just spew go. Thank you, like like Ida for you when you were talking about your trip. This is the last one. I'm sorry, It's okay. I want what you would do? Yes, slices, what would you do? Yeah? Go for it. I have an LLC, which means I have my own business. Right, it's my comedy business. Anything I worked, like all the money I make now I don't have a job. I go. It's part of my work business. The Brooklyn Boys, whatever little money we get goes to my company. But in New Jersey and in most states. You have to pay a company to manage your company. It's like a paperwork fee, a small one, not like that other one I told you about. So this company that I registered my company name with okay, the first year is free, and they send me a bill this year for one hundred and twenty five dollars to service my account. What does that entail? Nothing? It just means if I have any problems, they're there for me. So I said that seems high. So I googled it and I found a bunch of companies that will do the same thing for forty nine dollars. So I email this company and I say, hey, company, everyone else's forty nine dollars, you're one hundred and twenty five dollars. Am I getting anything extra for the extra money because that's like, you know, seventy six dollars. And they said, well no, but if you want, send us a screenshot of one of our national competitors and we'll honor it, will honor the price. I said, great, So I emailed them back the screenshot of the one website I found. Oh I'm sorry, I wrote them back and I said, how do I know who your national competitors are? I don't know who your competitors are, so I said, and what do I need a national company for. I'm local. I just want a New Jersey company. So she says, all right, any local company, send us the screen shot and we'll honor it. I said, great, I said, the screenshot forty nine dollars a New Jersey company. And another salesperson writes back and says, I'm so sorry. We only honor prices of national companies that we compete with. So I wrote back, and I said, I forwarded the email, and I said, here's the email from your coworker, Cindy. She says, it does not have to be a national company. So then she writes back, I'm so sorry you were misinformed, but we don't match companies pricing the local companies. I said, that's great. Then I will fire you and I will hire the local company if that's what you want, because now you've lied to me. So she writes me back, I spoke to Cindy. You have a seventy six dollars refund in your account by by five o'clock today, Thank you, and I got my seventy six dollars back. Don't take shit from people scary. Okay, pick up, wake up, scare you there? Yeah, I'm here all right. Did you notice that all of your problems are financial? Like, every last one of them, job, every last one of your fucking problems has to do with you being cheated out of money in some way? Yes, because I don't. I don't put up with that bullshit. If you want, I don't.
Speaker 11: Today.
Speaker 2: I'm just feeling what happened at Staples next week, I'm feeling a lot of negativity. I'm trying to live in the moment. I'm trying to be positive. I'm trying to be on mentally on that cruise ship. What you're scary? It's not working. No, it's not. It's not you dude. I really think, I really think our friends had better help. Nope, Yes, can help you online therapy. I should call them now. And don't forget Brooklyn Boys. You go to betterhelp dot com slash Brooklyn Boys. Ten percent off you get If that's for you to do it, just for the discount, You've got it. You've got it. You've got to do something because I feel like you're you're you're, you're slowly killing all your cells and there's all this negative aura around you. I don't know what it is. I I don't Is it because the season is ending and you're gonna be closing your pool pretty soon, or like you not have good pizza lately? Or I got no I had? You know what I had? Jose of Greenwich Village. Today, I was in the city and I go there. Now, they're famous, famous pizza place in the village, all right of sixth Avenue, Joe's Joe's Pizza. They're known for their round and I've told you guys, get the Sicilian. So I went out of my way. After I dropped my daughter off at the concert, I went to Joe's Pizza. Found a parking space, believe it or not, and I ran in and I said, give me two Sicilian and didn't have any. He goes, I got one slice under the counter. He pulled it out. I got one slice. So I got one slice of Joe's pizza. So no, I've had good pizza. I'm good, You're good, good stressed something I don't know what it is, man, I know you should okay, ticket ticket a chapter out of my li I just keep saying they missed my ranting, and I need a good rant oh well, this this has been nothing but a rant. This has been my blood is boiling right now. It is. It is like I've totally unraveled everything, like my entire vacation is now and calmness is now gone. It's it's it's literally vacated my body because I now I'm now like in a in a in a tizzy over your financial issues that that they just keep coming. Well, let me ask you this scary. When you were on vacation, did you fly coach or did you fly like an upgraded flight? Do you have good seats? I was gifted upgraded seats of our very nice and the flight was smooth, no problems, smooth, it was not there was no diarrhea on the plane. Now that's where I'm going, literally going you go past. In the past week, there was one flight where two people got kicked off the plane Air Canada because they didn't want to sit in seats that were vomited. In story, yes, so people vomited. One guy. Somebody vomited all over the seats, all over the buckle, everywhere. Got off the plane, the plane lands, everybody gets off, they cleaned the plane. These people, two people get on the plane I think it was two women and they go to sit in the seats and they're wet, and there's chunks of vomiting doub buckle and in the pouch and it stinks like vomit, and they wouldn't sit there. So the captain says, you're causing a disturbance. Get off the plane. Yeah, So Air Canada apologized. Yeah. And then in the in this other flight it was going from Atlanta to Barcelona, and just ready when you are, but they're not ready when you're already been not ready this time, and there was somebody that literally dragged diarrhea all throughout the plane. And then the air traffic controllers said, we got to turn back. We have a biohazard problem. They called it a biohazard jet brown whatever you want to call it. You could, but I'll say this, how do you get diarrhea all over the plane? All throughout the plane? Is it costs? It was? It came out as you know where it comes out of. Yeah, so it started coming out of his pants, down his little pant leg, I guess. But at that point that was me. You'd be like, all right, I'm gonna just I don't want to make a mess of the whole place. But it sounds like he ran right up the aisle. He gambled and lost. He made a run for the bathroom and he lost a third of the way and he just he streaked it all the way down. So these people on the plane, there's a brown streak right up the aisle of the plane. You think he trusted up there. You think he trusted a fart that was a problem. Well, for all, its not a fart, man, that's an eruption, you know, the whole length of the plane. It's actually my worst nightmare. That my worst nightmare of getting on a plane and not having having being sick to my stomach. So I try and exercise caution in the hours before I fly. I thought you were going to say, you try and exercise I got worried for you. Just let me finish my sentence. Scary exercises caution. He's winded, But you know, you just just make better decisions with your meals before leading up. I mean, what the fuck did this? What did this guy eat? Did he like sit down to a full on heavy Mexican meal and then but apparent according to the lady in seventeen e he had corn at some point. So I don't know. I just think you should air on the side of caution and don't ruin the air and don't ruin Yeah. So, if ever there was a time to put face masks back on, it was that time. Yeah. You imagine, like being in a plane, you can't go anywhere, there's no way to like not it anywhere. No, they had to turn back. Oh my god, I can't even think of it. So I'm glad your flight was better. My flight was a lot better. Thank God. I'm gonna knock on wood because I've gotta fly again very soon. Let's talk about my financial problems. You want to talk about financial problems. Oh, let me hear about your financial Did your butler quit? It's not about it's it's not quite about me haggling. It's it's about, uh, what do you do in the case of the fact that I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night. It's a Friday night wedding, you know, and our friend Scotty and I like the people very much, Yeah, exactly, And they're friends of ours, their close friends. And Scotty B is coming to the wedding as well. He's he's rolling solo. I'm solo. I'm solo. I'm riding solo. And so he wanted to know what the proper gift would be now without giving, without giving numbers. He wanted to know, does he give less than if he was with a second person? Of course? And I said, of course, I said, I don't care who you are. I said, if I'm giving X, and then I'm bringing a guest with me, which I am M, then I have to give almost two X. If not two X, I almost have to give X. You can't.
Speaker 6: You don't do it.
Speaker 2: You don't discount. You know, you don't buy one, get one, get the second one. So Scotty B was like, I guess that makes sense. But are you supposed to hone in on what they paid for the plate in order you do that? That's a scary Jones thing. Well you just want to cover it. I do. I do this multi factor approach. I google the venue to see how nice it is. I'm like, you gotta be kidding. I'd make an assessment, a fair assessment of what they probably paid. I am so glad I got married before I met you. Then if I bring a guest, I have to pay double because to cover that plate at least, and then if it's if it's lesser than a Saturday night, I start deducting. So there's a Friday night wedding, so I'm gonna pull back a little bit, just get a little discount. So if it was a Tuesday night wedding, they I'd be pulling back. So it's like a whole mathematical equation. Now I was once again chastised. Wow, I have a question. I have a question. Let me interrupt for a second. I was bothered. Yeah, if you love the people, I'm gonna make up numbers. If you are moved to give them a gift of two hundred dollars, Let's say you want them to have two hundred dollar Let's say you buy the off of the registry. You buy them two settings from their their dishes. Now it's a wedding. You give cash, you don't buy. Shit, you don't buy. If the couple has a registry and they're getting married, they might want household appliances instead of a cash gift. Bullshit. Might want china. They might want stuff for the apartment or the house or whatever. Yes, some people want that. Anyway. My point is, if you say you know what. Mary and Steve not their real names. I love these people. I work with them for a long time. I want them to have two hundred dollars of my money to kick off their new life. But wait, they're only spending less money on a Tuesday, even though I'm eating the same food and the band is the same. Fuck them. They saved money, so I'm not going to give them the same amount of money for their life. Now, you can't look at it like that, because that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: If anything, I'm being more generous because I'm giving more because people think that I'm okay. Well, there's also there's there's a financial interest here too.
Speaker 5: More.
Speaker 2: It's very transactional. If you think, okay, because this guy can help you make money, that's correct. They can. For that matter, yes they can both. They both and they both hold on. Wait they both work in the sales team. So yes, so now I have an interest I have. I have a financial interest in them. So so what I need to do is really jack up what I'm giving. I'm actually in hopes that they say they give you more sponsors. Brody, I'm going for the gusto. I am. Actually I'm like packing that buying sponsorship. No, you're of greasing the palms of the groove of the bride and groom. These are my friends from work who I met under the circumstances that we did. I think you have this ass backwards, my friend, because if you throw money at them, they're gonna think you don't need any more money, and they're gonna help other people who need money. If I went to the wedding and gave him fifty bucks, they'd be like, Wow, Brody needs money. We better help them get more clients. I just I just feel that there's there's a reason I need. I need to go above and beyond for them, and they give them Saturday money. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well that was that was the final layer in this. The money go up even more and multiplies because because I want them to do favors for me in the future. See, Okay, So you give it them favorite money, Saturday money on a Friday, and you're traveling, you're traveling a far distance. You've got to stay in a hotel. That's also factored in. You are throwing money at these people now multiplying it. That's what I'm saying is so there's a whole big mathematical equation involved. It's not just it's not that easy. Okay, do this math for me. When we went to we went to a wedding, you and me and some other people. We went to a wedding last year, about a year ago, and somebody we work with wasn't able to bring their spouse, but they were. They were invited with the spouse. They confirmed they were bringing the spouse, right, and then at the last minute, the spouse got sick. They got to question. Hold on, let's say there was enough time. Let's say you you told them like three days earlier. My my, My spouse says, COVID can't make it. But you've already written the check. Right, You're gonna give them enough money to cover you and your spouse, but you canceled the spouse. Do you then rewrite the check for half. Nope, you have to go with it because chances are chances that that chances are very good. The chances are we're singing Johnny Matthews. I never thought we would ever sing a Johnny Mathis song on the Broken Boys podcast. I think it's right. I think chances are chimes silly grin the moment you come interview. Yes, and also my parents loved it. And Johnny Mathis was a great singer. Your parents and your grandparents liked him. He would sing other people's music. So anyway, all right, Chances chances are actually you're that that they finalized the list and and of course it is I knew it right away. Chances are they paid for that plate already, So so you're gonna get They're gonna get stiffed if you don't, you know, if you pull back money. So you've got to pay. Once they finalized the list with with the catering hall, the or the you know whatever, they can't get money back on people that didn't show up. So so yeah, so you've got to You've got to stick with it. You've got to give that double gift. Okay, can we take a break here it is hold on. Chances are I can't hear it. I can't hear it. You got to put the speaker onto your microphone. I had the speaker on. No you didn't, Yes, I did. Here is get hold on your speakers at the bottom suicide Okay, I can't can't, I can't play too much on the podcast Boys podcast.
Speaker 7: We will be right back.
Speaker 2: This has been a weird one. It's been a weird one. I know, I know we're gonna do talkbacks soon. Not well, eventually, I'm gonna do them talkbacks. You want to do them, we gotta do them here, Yeah, because I now, now's the time to do it.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: I talked about sex on the Sex App. I want to hear if anyone you know, Okay, let's do them. You want to do some talkbacks? You're ready, Yeah, I'm ready. If you've if you listen on the iHeart Radio app, you have the bonus microphone, hitting the microphone and giving us a talk back about what you're listening to. Now, if only I could uh find that screen or here it is okay, oh wow o, my goodness, Brodie, this mailbox is overflowing with a lot of talkbacks. It's oh, it's right. We've wait on next week. The Johnny mathis fans are going to chime in. We're off the grid here, Okay, here's one. This is from episode to sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brooklyn, Boys for Bacca, Slice for Life here scary as creepy as the conversation is, like, you just have to have it. Sometimes I have the conversation with my mom. We sat down, We've talked about who she wants to do her service, who she doesn't like at church, who she doesn't want to come to the service, you know, what kind of earn she wants her ashes to be in. We've had the whole conversation. More bit as it is, it has to happen sometimes.
Speaker 2: This was my parents saying they were going down to buy the headstone, the family headstone for all of us. Hey, can I ask you a question about the family headstone real quick? Yeah? Did you submit that pattern? And I didn't submit it because I don't know if I want it produced. Okay, we'll talk about that off the air. It was brilliantly written. All right, maybe we'll have it for next week. Maybe we'll have a next year. All right, Brody wanted to poke fun Yes at the top from episode two sixty seven where my parents wanted to buy the family it's done. We'll leave it there. God, damn it, you didn't get it done. It'll get done. It'll get done. I just don't. Yeah, it's creepy. It's creepy as it is. It's a creepy enough topic. You have to realize creepy, and it's kooky, ooky, it's all together spooky.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brody and scary Jamie from Queen's Here.
Speaker 13: You guys were talking about things they can't be.
Speaker 12: Said on TikTok Live. Well, I have a friend who does Instagram lives pretty regularly, and she said that there are certain words that she can't stay on her lives also because you never know who might report it or who might be watching, like a moderator for Instagram or something. And no, she doesn't do anything like that TikTok girl. She doesn't have clapper, although a lot of guys.
Speaker 6: Would like her to do that.
Speaker 13: Okay, well, thank you Brooklyn boys. This is Marylyn from Omaha. I just finished episode to sixty seven. Made me laugh so much. You guys are awesome and scary. You and Robin. I hope you have a really good time on your cruise.
Speaker 2: Oh we did.
Speaker 13: And and Jan Valdez really don't come at me. I had no beef with you. Don't you come at me? And I did listen to three of the Metallica songs that Brody sent me. Thank you Brody. And the times running out.
Speaker 2: Yet time right out on you. By the way, it's it's Juan Vazquez, not Juan Valdez. Is he the coffee as is the guy from the coffee guys with the borrow? Or was that the oil spill? No, that's the Excellon Valdies. Oh shit, I get them all next, dumbass.
Speaker 13: Hey Bricklam Boys. Okay, Brody. I listened to Fade to Black, The Unforgiven, and Until It Sleeps of Metallica, and I liked all of them. I really loved Until It Sleeps. It reminded me of the band staying from the late nineties and the early two thousands. So I take back my opinion on Metallica. I take it back, yes, and you want well. Thank you for sending those to me and forgiving me props in the podcast. Love you guys, Life for Life.
Speaker 2: You're the Metallica fan. Welcome aboard brook the Boys.
Speaker 5: Joey here from Rockland County again.
Speaker 6: Yo, bro I'm fucking sick to listen to this fucking badcretch guy sick.
Speaker 2: Slice life. He's listening to these.
Speaker 11: Sixty seven It's just a small thing, but I have never agreed with you more. Susie Ces are not the same as they used to be. People look at me, and I'm crazy when I say they used to be absolutely delicious, amazing, and now they taste like dog shit.
Speaker 2: Dog shit. Thank you, Brody and Scary.
Speaker 3: It's John from Texas again. Listening to sixty seven, you got everybody complaining that old Rody missed the uh doctor fat loss throw in there. I know that's just not cool. But other than that, Brody, but it only deserves a steak dinner, Scary, give him his steak dinner.
Speaker 2: I did twice. Hey, speaking of my steak dinner. The restaurant that's scary tried to buy me a steak dinner but didn't after how many is three years? After three years and a half yet and we closed during COVID. It's now back back. Delmonico's is open. You can take me there for steak dinner. Let's do it. And what if they gave us a comp again, then what we're gonna be? Do you still want me a steak? Donnis? What I mean?
Speaker 3: Jonathan Texas got cut off, especially after all these doctor fat loss throw in buy him a steak better?
Speaker 2: Be like all right, you're done?
Speaker 14: Hi, Scary and Bertie, this is Renee from Lancaster. I'm calling on episode two sixty seven when Scary's talking about the tombstones and his parents saying, that's not that uncommon. Actually, my father died. Oh my mom died sixteen years ago. My father died twenty years before that, and I was in my twenties. My mom got the tombstone at that point, and her name was on it with the year and the dash.
Speaker 2: Brooklyn boy, that was the end of that. That she didn't okay, all right, Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 5: Regarding episode two sixty seven, calling from Iowa, the cases Beata Breakfast, Last for Life, Brooklyn, Iowa. Pork Chop Meetup Iowa, largest port producer in the US. We got you covered for that next meet up, Scary, your parents looking for the coffins the caskets. I got a monument guy. I got a plot guy. I got a ball guy. I got a cast guys, parents and field directors. We can throw the whole party.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. This guy sounds like he's from Brooklyn. He's got a guy for everything, he said, Brooklyn, Iowa. He wants us to have the next meetup in Brooklyn, Iowa. I know I met like you know, Brooklyn, New York, but Brooklyn Iowa. I have a Brooklyn Iowa shirt by the way, which so long. So do I It's great. YEP, love him.
Speaker 10: What's up Brooklyn boys. This is Maddie from Brooklyn and the Bronx. I just want to say, Juan Basquez, it's clearly, clearly the only fan that listens to the podcast because he is the only one that knows that's scary. You owe Brody a fucking steak dinner. Stop listening to all these other fans from Nebraska and Maryland and Southwest Arkansas. Listen to your New York fans. You owe him a fucking dinner. Sebastian Maniscalco said, so I'm gonna repeat myself. Sebastian Madiscalco said, so done.
Speaker 2: Don Sebastian knows. Wow, crazy, remember everything they know. No select of retention is what that's called. Go back and listen to those episodes. You'll hear why I don't owe him to dinner anymore.
Speaker 8: Hit The next call my family and nice vacation is Andrew, Ali, Eden and Aga. We're actually preparing to come back in three days. However, we have a hurricane coming in through Florida, so the roadache will be out when I drive back. I'm sure anyway, Scary, thank you so much for reading my wife's email on the podcast made are so happy. You guys are great and rock Slice for Life and my wife definitely a Slice for Life.
Speaker 2: Loves you both. Nice Life for Wife. Thank you nice Okay.
Speaker 8: Andrew Ali, Scary, you do no longer owe a steak dinner because you actually read emails and reply to him again. You meant my wife extremely happy by hearing you giving a shout out about our vacations. So in my eyes, your steak dinner is pain and full.
Speaker 2: Thank you you guys.
Speaker 8: Its good work Slice for Life.
Speaker 2: I onto every post, every DM, every hitting Yeah. Then on Twitter, no on on Instagram. I respond to everything, okay everything. Here's the service steak dinner. Here's a comment from episode to sixty six. I'm getting worried about this, so Joe and the guest chest.
Speaker 15: Brooklyn boys, Brody and Scary, Scary and Brody. This is Peter from Miami listening to episode two sixty six and Scary. You're gonna have to grammar police yourself, buddy, because in the part where you said brought me into the SOHO house, come on, you corrected yourself but then you went on to say brought my girlfriend and me in, which was correct to begin with, and you corrected yourself in correctly to brought.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend and I in.
Speaker 15: It is not brought I in.
Speaker 2: It is brought Who is a fuck anymore? All right? I do you know? I'm done with grounded police. I feel like I love him. You know what, people are imperfect? Okay, we're not perfect creatures.
Speaker 9: Hi, guys here the comments about the mechanics shop incident. My husband and I own a mechanics shop up in Boca Raton, Florida. Shout out to Tech One Automotive Brody. No, we do not do anything to destroy the car or break the car on purpose so that we can make some money out of it. We're here for longtime customers, not for short term customers, so that's false.
Speaker 2: They just pour water in your guest tank. That's what they do. No, they don't. I'm kidding. You mean all the mechanics, not them. Thank you for that. I'm glad that there's a trust relieved. I'm glad you got a shout out. By the way, I'm getting worried, scary, I'm getting worried. We have not gotten one voicemail from one Vasquez. I hope he's right.
Speaker 16: Scary Brody, Brody scary white Nate Here clarifying, I know, Brody, you were wondering about why they called me white Nate in this group.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 16: Actually I had a black friend named Nate and myself joined this this friend click at the same time, so I ended up getting labeled white.
Speaker 2: He's just Nate, but it was seventy percent black thirty groups.
Speaker 16: So I got the Labeblue seal and it's Lloyd's for Lord. Love you guys, Love you, scary See later, Brody.
Speaker 2: You there you go, well, love you scary, See you later. Brody? What yeah? What that white mate? Mat me get play regularly.
Speaker 6: On your friendly neighborhood mail carrier from East Meadow, New York. I'm not gonna be like everyone else commenting on the shows. I love you guys, give you a little fresh start. I just want to know how you guys are doing. Scary Have you got any more Zeemon facials lately? And Brody? By the way, I spoke with your mail carrier and he's he said, you got a step up your game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: The sack of Jewey dollar coins. They don't cut it for tips. Come on, love you guys, slice for life, have a great day.
Speaker 2: See that's what he just made a huge mistake. He's implying. I only I give a sack of juwea dollar coin as a tip. I don't tip my mail men at all. So my male carrier, Yeah, no, I'm just kidding. I do. But what we have multiple and I have not gotten any recently. I may soon want.
Speaker 4: Dang, Brody, what are you doing?
Speaker 12: You go on clapper, you see that and all of a sudden your wife or daughters walk in.
Speaker 2: You can't be on that stuff, bro No way, have a go on Brooklyn boys for light, Light for light. Okay, he's got a valide, Brody.
Speaker 17: The whole time you were talking about the D and D room, I thought I had figured it out and I thought it was down in dirty room. So I was so disappointed to find out it was the do not disturb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like your explanation. Better down and dirt down and Dirty's great.
Speaker 17: Okay, So listen, I didn't think Scary should have hit the jingle for doctor Fat Loss, and sorry, I just gave him credit again. And I thought the reason why Brody didn't say anything was because I could have sworn that. At some point Scary said he wasn't doing doctor fat loss, that he was trying something else. And I'm not saying it was this year. It might have been a different year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I did try something else, but it looks like I may be going back to doctor fat loss because it's the only thing that works for me. Yes, Scary is in fourth quarter, Scary in third quarter, so he's gotta go. I gotta go.
Speaker 16: I gotta Scary.
Speaker 1: One year?
Speaker 17: Did you not do it for the New year? Did you do something else? Was sworn?
Speaker 2: Yes? It was de herbs. Thank you, no longer climb Brody a claper. It didn't even know her hill.
Speaker 18: Hey, Scary Brody, listening to your podcast this morning, you're talking about the guy that mentioned he was from northwest Arkansas. Honestly, I think it's just because he's from a small town. I'm personally from Georgia, but always just say I'm from southwest Georgia.
Speaker 7: Okay, right, Brody and Scary Scary and Brody Dan from Connecticut here. I just want to thank you for the absolute hilarity that you two give us on a constant basis scary. Your my favorite bougie bastard and brody. You're my favorite old man that goes outside and yells at the clouds. You definitely put smiles on people's faces. And if I may to anyone struggling with stuttering out there, I highly suggest Lee Love It's How to Stop Stuttering and Love Speaking book in his WSSA program, Spice for Life.
Speaker 2: Why is this guy talking like he wants to wear my skin? I don't know, but I like it. He's got a nice, little smooth voice. Yeah. I take the compliment absolutely. By the way, this is not a shout out to your business line, although a good recommendation is good recommendation. We've got a gas station, a mechanic now, and we have a stuttering program. Yeah, where I see where this is going? Clever, very clever people. Hey, Slice for Life. Just want to talk about Mike's Italian pastries. I'm liking the idea about going Iowa with for pork chops chop on a stick. There's nothing like all right, all right, that's all I got for this. We're not on vacation next week, right, No, we'll be back next We'll be here for sure. And I'm going on wedding, so I'll see you soon. Yeah, I want to hear all about I want to hear if it was worth the whatever the check is you wrote, yes, sir, if you know it will be here. Jones Fine Clients told about the Benjamin's Bay, A favorite part of Iowa is now Brooklyn. You're late boys,