Speaker 1: Coming up on a Get Loud podcasts. Of course we're gonna get you ready Ravens and Commanders.
Speaker 2: Why not baut on a Bitwait, we got the doc dot Walker is he? Oh yeah, we don't beat loud and we don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm to geek out right and we're gonna do that. And also Anna came up with the game really.
Speaker 2: Ice coat, Ice Cold.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll come back to to Get Loud podcast because anybody Seekeek the official primary ticketing partner oh Washington Commanders Fine tickets to Manders games and more at.
Speaker 1: Sea get smoots.
Speaker 4: Yes, long night last night didn't get out three radio?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Well, you are in luck because these are what are we looking at?
Speaker 2: Tea percent ABV. Then'll wake you up and then put you asleep.
Speaker 1: Before we get gon. We're gonna talk about what we saw against the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Of course, we're gonna look ahead to what's coming up against the Ravens.
Speaker 2: A d O C is here that doc you need to fix? You got a call to die.
Speaker 1: Also, we got to remind everyone Get Loud.
Speaker 2: Live Duffy's Duffee's.
Speaker 1: On a Friday Inna the twenty ninth.
Speaker 2: We've done it. Before we're back for a second. That's not double back to duffies. Yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the live crowds because you can see the anticipation on people face. And I think this, I mean this time, we might need to do a small Q and a oh yeah. Let the fans voice what they want to hear, just like it's basically a live voicemail instead.
Speaker 2: Of calling on the phone.
Speaker 3: Ring the phone up right in here, someone raises their hand, it's me. My question is for Fred. Yeah, who is Fred Smooth? Yeah, let's get different parts. There's different layers to this guy. I believe it's different corners to this guy.
Speaker 4: Like I tell people all the time, if you think you know me, you really don't know me.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you speak of voicemails, Well make sure you call us on the house phone seven O three seven two six seven four one nine seven three.
Speaker 2: You give it seven.
Speaker 1: I like seven for one night call, you said, Jeszu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. One thing I think is some people are born to do things.
Speaker 4: And Jez's voice he was born to be a rapper and a preacher.
Speaker 2: Yes, a blend of the two.
Speaker 3: All right, Time off your hot ticket for everybody seat geek, the most disruptive ident ticketing, a ticket that works, expect the expected, seek geek. So before we talk about Bengals Commanders bingle iBOT Bengals.
Speaker 1: Let me talk to the legend of the game.
Speaker 2: That was you.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: It was a glorified old Man Trophy Award. It's acknowledged the old folks home. I feel good to be But you went out there in a walker.
Speaker 2: No I wasn't. But it's I love that the team does this now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because now it's saying you don't have to be in the Hall of Fame for us to knowledge you. Right, it give you your give you your cup of tea today. And it felt good because, uh, the younger kids that didn't get to see me play and that was a little snippy until watching me do my thing. So yeah, most definitely I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the people. You get to do a lot of mingling.
Speaker 5: You have to.
Speaker 4: You had to be at the Legends tent, signed an autograph, taking pictures.
Speaker 2: I'm like Chris Brown over there. You know. It was good.
Speaker 4: Then you had to live and go on the field, wave the flag. Uh, do your little interview on the field like then you have to go to the corporate suite. It's just a long day. I enjoyed it all, man, cause I like to mingle with the fans anyway, and when they show you appreciation like that, it feels good to be appreciated for something that you used to do.
Speaker 2: So I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: You. Also, we were talking about this on the radio. Who wasn't to call in?
Speaker 2: Anna?
Speaker 1: You remember this voice mail?
Speaker 3: I got called in and said he wanted a picture with you.
Speaker 2: You never came back and oh yeah at the fantasy football thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And then Logan walked in his room and he was like, nah, I would looking up.
Speaker 2: I understand, like I told him.
Speaker 4: I apologized, but I knew an NFL guy was coming to his suite. Yeah, so I just knew. Me and Santana is never on the same floor. They always make sure we on different floor.
Speaker 2: They gotta separate you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I figured, is he gonna eat up see me Santana? Instead he got Logan and he was very disappointed. I apologize. Hey, we're gonna correct this all right. I'm gonna make sure I get him something signed, a hat, a shirt, something.
Speaker 1: You always make up for me.
Speaker 4: You always make up man, because hey, I was always taught this. One fan at a time. You can't get one million mom at a time. One fan at a time. And if you make sure when they meet you, it's a pleasantry, it's easy.
Speaker 2: You got a fan for life.
Speaker 4: Oh and you know what, they'll remember that no, no, for you might not, but they will always remember. And they would tell you on the spot. Do you remember when I met you to sell me? Let them right by that slurping machine and me and you talked about that Dallas cowboy.
Speaker 2: They will not forget.
Speaker 1: These very specific I don't know somebody at the slurping machine.
Speaker 4: Listen, I have got TechEd at the grocery store, all kind of places.
Speaker 2: Because you know, it's a corner people don't forget. Like they even like what we did to day. They hated what we also.
Speaker 1: That's the nature of the position, right, it's either do or die.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Like I told you, if you grow up to be a cornerback, you gotta have thick skin. Like even I got on the broadcast with one London big bag Fletcher yesterday. I got on I got on the broadcast, which he's very good at.
Speaker 2: He is very good.
Speaker 4: The time I get on there, brim Brim introduces me legend of the day. Of course, here go Fletcher. He can't let the opportunity to go by.
Speaker 1: He was talking about before.
Speaker 3: He was was like, he goes Jink, So you are the text thread that we're on, and I was like, I don't think. Well when I heard Smooth was the legend of the game, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: He was ready to say something.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: He was like, y'all have sept the bar, so loo if this is your legend of the game, he was like, na, not really, he ain't said it. Low. Yeah, a least y'all got him out the way doing the preseason nobody. But I love the part of you appreciate, So listen, you cannot be a major haggard and don't appreciate when somebody really sticks it to you. Yeah, and this guy right here takes every chance.
Speaker 1: He oh London is he's sneaky, Like that's cruel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, yesterday we actually got a game, the preseason game where we saw JD five, we saw Joe Burrow and so seeing our starts, I know it wasn't for long. Yeah, but how nice was it to see some of those guys out there, because this was a completely different start than the one we saw against New England.
Speaker 4: Well, I knew it was gonna be a good test for the defense, especially the pass defense and the line of scrimmage. Joe Burrow one of the best quarterbacks, Jamar Chase, one of the best wide receivers. T Higgins could be the best Robbin in the NFL. It depends on how you judge it. We knew were gonna see a great offense. We knew they defense was trying to develop themselves, and I just enjoyed going to Mono.
Speaker 2: Ain't mono.
Speaker 4: I was just blown the way by the four play first drive and JD five never threw the ball and his night was over there. Now, I've seen a couple of fans like losing their mind because he ran in the end zone and I was like, he didn't even get touched, and they were like, oh, I was holding my brother, Like you.
Speaker 2: Can't do that, Like you can't think like that.
Speaker 4: Football players have to play football to get good at football, and sometime they gonna get hurt. What would who would you rather be a JD five fan?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? Joe Burrow fan? Because they tossed Joe Burrow after I treated him like a rack.
Speaker 4: They tossed him at the club. Joe was in his section, the music was playing. They got him by the shirt and tossed him at the club.
Speaker 1: They were throwing.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe aid that the Bengals O line was so bad, and then b that Joey didn't just throw it away.
Speaker 1: Two of me turning around, I don't you know what was he doing?
Speaker 4: They flipped him on his neck the first time, and even me, you know, I'm Team Washington. I was like, y'all, they gotta take they gotta take Joe out of there right yet again, Joe try to back out there the next drive.
Speaker 2: No, Jamar Chase.
Speaker 4: No, And I was like, who are they prioritizing here, like Joe got to be the first to lead a game. No, they took the receivers out right, and guess what happened to Joe tossed up again? Like your eye tossed up again?
Speaker 3: I think Bengals fan or No, you're looking at the game like, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: What are you trying to prove? Right, there's nothing to prove.
Speaker 1: I understand they've had slow starts.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna make it quickly. But but if.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take everyone else out, why would you leave your elite quarterback in the game.
Speaker 2: Why would you.
Speaker 4: Leave the pintacle of your team in there? But let Cincinnati Cincinnati. That's one thing I'm gonna always do. I'm gonna let Cincinnati Cincinnati. The best thing is Cincinnati right now is Skyline Chili?
Speaker 1: Do you like Scotland Chili?
Speaker 4: I love scott You don't like it. I'm from Texas, saying you're a Texas dude. You like that hardy cowboy Joe chili, ain't with boots.
Speaker 1: I don't want this, this, this, this, I don't know this watery chili.
Speaker 2: It's got that sweet taste to it. It's all right, but you know they serve it on like pasta with cheese on top.
Speaker 4: That just doesn't it said chili that you put on spaghetti and you put cheese on top of it.
Speaker 1: I use anna gross, right, I use.
Speaker 6: It from a chili dog really doing a good job of selling it right now. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 7: I'm sure I haven't tried it, so I don't want.
Speaker 2: To this is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 4: Okay, next time we come to work, all right, I'm gonna go to the store. I'm gonna buy some some chili. I'm gonna bring it, bring the pasta, I'm gonna bring the cheese. I'm also bringing some hot dogs aka glisies with the buzz and give you a chance to choose which way you want.
Speaker 2: To eat it. And let y'all be the judge of chili.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're a good cook, so I would like that as it comes to this can chili. Skyline chili, which the whole state is known for, might be the best can chili.
Speaker 2: Now I know your hearty chili.
Speaker 1: I know you for canned chili.
Speaker 4: Yes, well that you could either buy a frozen or you could buy a canned.
Speaker 1: I just to sell, you know, can chili over pasta.
Speaker 2: Don't say it until your taste.
Speaker 1: We'll try it. We'll try, try, try.
Speaker 4: We don't have a taste that to see which way you like it better. Glizzid a posta, That's what I'm saying. But it's the first chili that people really put on pasta, and it has no beans in it or nothing like that, so it's a true meat chili.
Speaker 2: I get them props for that.
Speaker 4: Like every state is known for some delicacy, true every state, Like Maryland, they say crabcake, crabs in football, they need to take the football off. Cram cakes. That's what they're known for. I always tell people they don't know this in Maryland. They have no Hall of Famers. Take the football off. It supposed to be crab cakes and basketball. That's what Maryland should be.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong about that.
Speaker 2: I'm not wrong. A lot.
Speaker 3: Other things we like besides Skyline Chile, how about Deebo Samuel. I mean again, we didn't see these guys a lot, but you could see immediately yes and he go. And this is why I was like, what is Cincinnati doing?
Speaker 4: Deebo Sammis to any defenses, the alert guy, meaning when he's on the field, when we're in a huddle, we alert number one.
Speaker 2: He the move guy.
Speaker 4: When you see him move. They should have been talking. I didn't see Cis and Nati say a thing. Is he ringing around the corner?
Speaker 2: Like that's that's elementary? All right?
Speaker 4: Then after that Chris Rodriguez, he looked great, gut some then guess what after that? It comes JD fire. Do the macarna all the way to the end zone. First drive, four plays, no throwing, no passing, JD five. Your dad is done, folks, Multiplier. It was surgical. Yeah, it was surgical. So thanks to the big boys, thanks to the divine swine. Can we give a shout.
Speaker 1: Out to John Bates for the blocking job he was doing last nighter?
Speaker 2: Weell, here go think about John Bates.
Speaker 4: I always tell people this when defensive ends outside linebackers, when they check into the bas motel, he has no intentions of letting them leave. He has no intentions because he just see Mama Baits just sitting in there.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: You check it to the base motel. You there, you're there for the loan haul.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: He one of the best best blocking tight ends in the league right now, and I could give it Logan his props. Baits should always write Logan a Christmas Cord. Yeah, because Logan was the foundation of the blocking tight end. That's right, He's the foundation of that. I block and I do nothing else, all right, that's Logan posse, all right, that's.
Speaker 2: Where he should give him Christmas cord. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, Logan still played ten years league.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm taking Baks gonna have a long career because run games are back. And I had always told people people like this is throwing league. I like, not in December and January. Yeah, it ain't about throw throwing the ball. It's about running the ball. This is a running league. And a guy like jud Bates means a lot to a team and isn't like any league. Aren't they sort of cyclical?
Speaker 3: Right Like after a while defense is adjust and then offenses moving a different direction to try and throw off defenses again.
Speaker 4: It's just a kitted mouse game, right all right, Now everybody started running the ball because everybody started to play too deep shell to stop the deep passes. Right, So now when the quarterback comes to the line of scrimmage, they say, it's a clean box.
Speaker 2: I'm running in this box. I'm not throwing at the box.
Speaker 4: So then when it goes back to middle closed, now they're gonna be trying to take down the field.
Speaker 2: So it's ying to your yang.
Speaker 4: Right when we when we zig right on defense, the offense zig left.
Speaker 1: Another guy on offense is fantastic. Who is Bill?
Speaker 4: Dollar Bill? That's what I call it, dollar Bill, And I like I told you I really respect the guy with a young name like Corey.
Speaker 2: He said, no, I don't want no cool name on the old name nineteen sixties.
Speaker 4: Call me Bill, call me Bill dollar Bill. And he showed it quick. The way he hits those holes, his past level, he runs, he runs. He kind of remind me of a young Pacheco, the way he like tears up.
Speaker 1: Gred Because here's the thing, he's god speed. But also he will take you on.
Speaker 4: No, no, he will to look you in the face and say come on with it. Yeah, And that's what I enjoyed. And then you can always tell them young legs. He got those young legs because you remember he didn't play.
Speaker 2: A senior year.
Speaker 1: Those are fresh fresh legs.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about from Whole Foods. They are fresh, right, and that's what you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about defensively what we saw. I will say that the defensive line maybe had some issues with the run game, which the whole defense said, but they really got after Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: And took him to the ground, which we talked about.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what, guys like Qun Martin I think que is in that one though, they're saying, you know what, I'm a pro bowler and y'all about to give me my props.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: That play he made on the goal line huge ridiculous with the tight end because they all the motion was going to the opposite wait for him to make that open field tackle with inches to give great Then when he met Chase Brown at the goal line, he almost stopped him then too, And it was that close I'm talking about. Yeah, it was an hairs away from it, right. So I just felt like as a group, the defense played well. They played feels good, and that's what I want to see because I feel like we got pushed around by New England.
Speaker 2: I feel like we kind of beat up on New England.
Speaker 4: They practice, but then when it came to the game, they kind of pushed us around when they unleashed that twelve foot statue of Thomas Brady kind of it. It made them play a little bit hard, like you looking for a reason to play in the preseason beside him trying to keep my job right. But when you do stuff like that, I could see why they was coming out there playing the hard. But yeah, we want to kind of get that black eye and get it and clean it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: And there's no question there was a jump. What do you want to see from each preseason gave to the regular season. You want to see improvement, right, Yeah, So what we saw against New England.
Speaker 2: Didn't even wreck.
Speaker 3: You didn't even recognize the team that we saw last time because they came out with purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think it because I think they they drained a lot of energy at the practice. Yeah, at the practice, going ahead at the head, I think they really drained a lot of energies. By the time they got in the game, little lethargic, I couldn't get going. And it didn't do us no where that Virginia's own Treyvon Henderson hits us with a ninety yard kickoff return then come back to but like so that did not help us right there, getting behind the eight ball. And then you could tell a guy like Sam Hartman that had off season shoulder surgeon. You could see he's throwing his shoulder back into shape. You can see some passes really leave his hands, some prances come up short. So I can always tell when a quarterback is awkwardly trying to throw his shoulder back into shape right there.
Speaker 3: I know it's a different type of comparison. But remember last year Marshawn Lattimore. It's like he was playing, but he wasn't himself.
Speaker 4: He was playing in survival mode because he was injured. It was like, let me get out here, let me somebody, let me don't put no bad stuff on tape instead of let me go out here and ball and be myself. Yeah, that's why you can see sometime he would frustrated and he would get into these shouting matches with the wire receiver and stuff like that because he's really mad at hisself because I can't play at my peak because I'm not healthy and I've been there before. They can be frustrated, especially when a wire receiver catching passes on you coming back talking trash and I'm like, man, I'm not even one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't tell him that.
Speaker 1: Who else defensively stood out to you?
Speaker 2: I thought came a drumone made some place yesterday.
Speaker 4: I thought jere Mariegia continued to say, y'all gonna be forced to play me.
Speaker 1: He's like, don't just think about me on specialty.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think he gonna be played.
Speaker 4: Besides the past interference, I thought noid ig monogamy made some play besides the one player on Jamar Chase Uh ditrich wise Uh, the whole d line goes without saying to me, let me see who else? Safety Wise, I think Percy kind of ran past the ball. But I think they just played well as a group, even though Tinsley came back for his revenge on us, I tell you, and he made some plays, but I thought overall, I thought they played pretty good as a group. So I don't want to really with zero in on one guy two guys. I thought they really played well as a group.
Speaker 3: So here we go, Saturday afternoon, early Saturday.
Speaker 4: We you know what, we ain't gonna be in at twelve o'clock. Now, in wonder that one o'clock wonder a.
Speaker 2: Lot better, So you better enjoy this early game.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be on there early nine am, getting you ready for Commander's Ravens.
Speaker 2: Is. I know what about Friday night? I have to sacrifice.
Speaker 1: Friday night is my night? Then what I'm saying, I go multiple cut waters on Friday night.
Speaker 2: No, I've been saying mostly like it's a grown person. I'm really not.
Speaker 4: A night isle anymore, are you not? I really don't run the screens at night. I think it's grown people. We would come day drinkers.
Speaker 1: Well you mentioned day drinking.
Speaker 3: You might get a little in on Saturday after the game a little bit because it's an early game.
Speaker 2: Yeah why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah Commander's Ravens.
Speaker 4: Well that's the better of the bed Wait yep, but it's also what I call the better of the fifty three because.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is it.
Speaker 2: This is it, Like so the last four or five Moross the spots. This game has a big, big hen and who those guys are.
Speaker 4: So for everybody to say that the third preseason game thought count, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's such a good point because a lot of fans will say that's a third preseason It's all about the regular season for some of these guys.
Speaker 1: This is it, this is the game.
Speaker 4: This is a dream like this is where dreams start. Are dreams in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, Like it happens then. And I'm praying to.
Speaker 4: God because I know it won't be a lot of people there early game, last preseason game. Fans won't be just running in there. I'm just hoping they make London Fletcher legend of the game.
Speaker 2: Why won't they do that? For me?
Speaker 1: Ge I think you can probably make that out.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to I'm gonna try to lean them to make him.
Speaker 2: What better time than to do it with nobody's there.
Speaker 3: Oh, so, what do you expect outside of London? Possibly legend of the game. What do you expect?
Speaker 1: What do you want to see against the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I want to see the second and thirdeam.
Speaker 4: I want to see some people say I want to see some people stand up and say I want to be a part of this franchise. I want to be a part of this team. I'm gonna take my destiny in my hand as long as you give me a chance to play. I'm gonna put good feeling out here, and if you do decide to cut me, hopefully my feelm good enough for somebody else to want me. So I want the players to go out there and leave it on the line. I don't want nobody to be nervous. I just want you to go out there and play fast. I want you to play with a reckless abandon and I want you to beat the Ravens because you know how serious the Ravens take the preseason, and I want them to beat them.
Speaker 3: It's why nobody takes the preseason more seriously.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: They gotta look in they eye like this this series for us, and guess what, it's lived for them to play as at a high level for a long time. So I want to beat them. I think if we go out there and beat the Ravens, it's a good omen.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I just got back from Texas, you know, visiting my family.
Speaker 3: I said that because we walked into a barbecue joint, me and my mom, my stepdad, the Lovely Catain. We're there, Ravens playing the Cowboys on the TV, and I walked in.
Speaker 2: And they tossing them up.
Speaker 3: It was already like five nothing Ravens Like, oh God, I don't know what's going on Dallas, but people are over the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's so tired. I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it how the Cowboys play got this same sick ill discussed look in their face, all of them. My uncle, I talk to him, You okay, y'all, what y'all gonna do this year?
Speaker 2: Man? That's all they say, Like they don't He's say.
Speaker 1: Not even words, just grund.
Speaker 2: Don't live, Jerry, lone live, Jerry. I'm with it, man.
Speaker 3: So when you have the Ravens, who have already said we're not gonna play many starters. You'd like that approach as opposed to it's almost like the extreme. A lot of a lot of teams like the Ravens, maybe in particular, not gonna play many starters. But then on the other side, you got a team like the Bengals, which is I don't know what they're doing, So what's the what's the right I guess that's the right way to do that, or is the right way?
Speaker 1: I guess it's team by team.
Speaker 4: Well, I think what's really uh kind of knocked the schedule out with these two teams. They were scheduled to practice against each other. Yeah, that's when the veterans was gonna get all they reps. They was gonna get all they reps with the first team versus the practice with the Ravens and Commanders.
Speaker 2: They got counseled.
Speaker 4: Now that they got canceled, now they might play some guys that they was not gonna play because they didn't get to practice with the.
Speaker 2: Ones against ones. So we don't know the approach.
Speaker 4: I think I know the approach, and I don't think we'll see any starters from any side out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everybody's trying to figure out who's my second screen quarterback.
Speaker 4: Who's my third screen quarterback, who's my third screen running back. Yeah, I think they try to figure out the bottom of the roster right now. And that's why I say it's one of those gut check games. Yeah, gut check to see who wants to make this team.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So I don't know the order of play, but I know it's gonna be some hard playing out there, because this is some of these guys last chance to ever even have on the pro jersey.
Speaker 3: And one thing we do know is that no matter what happens, we will end up seeing some very good players cut.
Speaker 1: We saw last night with the Bengals.
Speaker 4: I've been saying, like, at the end of the day, good teams cut good players, like that happens. That means your roster is where it should be, Like you're gonna have to cut some good players.
Speaker 2: Tinsley, We cut him.
Speaker 4: Example, Tinsley went out, And I always say, it's like Dave, another man's trans is another man's greatness, right, Jem, because you didn't like it, Je, because it didn't work with y'all.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with us.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, two different people see day right now Tinsley is proof of that.
Speaker 3: Well, we want to know what you think, as we always do here and get loud, So give us a call seven oh three seven two six seven four one nine, or shoot us an email at Washington get loud at gmail dot com. We got your voicemails coming up. We got your emails coming up.
Speaker 1: But first we got to bring in the doc. So it's been a while since we've talked to the doc.
Speaker 2: The doctor.
Speaker 3: We gotta bring him in, Doc Walker, of course, Washington legend doc. So let's just get your general thoughts here. We've seen a couple preseason games.
Speaker 2: What have you liked?
Speaker 1: What have you seen thus far?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: I like what I saw last night. I threw up in my mouth watching New England. But the team was vastly improved with the off season. Acquisite were filled with bigger, stronger, faster, and to go down, not to throw a pass, and to shove the ball right down the Bengals throat and score. I thought was a message that the New York Johns would be watching that film and we'll get a lot of props for that.
Speaker 5: I thought that was highly impressive.
Speaker 8: We really gained a lot of respect and that we could play bullyball.
Speaker 5: That was impressive.
Speaker 4: Doc I believe the only reason you could play bullyball is because the offensive line and the defensive line. So if you had the point at one room, one group, one position group, maybe two position group, that really showed you that they eat a mature in our head in the right direction. What room would that be right now?
Speaker 8: Well, the tight end room was damn near flawless. Bates could put a sixty on his jersey. I mean they knocked a dog manure out of these guys out. I thought, Scott our offensive lineman, when you're playing with out two starters, two bona fire starters went out maybe the Thanksgiving maybe not your left tackle Tensil didn't play. So I was looking at quote reserves, and they showed out and showed out, and that was impressed. And now I know it was the Bengals, but they couldn't do it against air against the Patriots. And when you have all these practices that are none alive, everything is kind of make believe.
Speaker 5: Until last night, and I was really pleased with the movement. Nobody, no belly.
Speaker 8: Floppers, none of our big guys were on the ground, So I was really impressive with pressed with that, now if they can build upon that, then we'll have a good shot against the Giants.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was a couple of big guys on the ground, but it was for good reason.
Speaker 2: I watched the defensive.
Speaker 4: Line throw Burrow around several and I was wondering why he was still in the game.
Speaker 2: I felt like, d you wise, I felt like I felt like a.
Speaker 4: Couple of guys showed up and showed out when it came to the trench warfare on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 8: Well, your eyes didn't lie and that's the beauty about this. Our front was impressive. New England again, new coach, a defensive coach minded, so they had a dog mentality. But to come back and it's not about the score for me in the preseason, it was about what happened between the lines. And I think clearly that Washington was a more physical presence.
Speaker 5: Look, man, when you see a.
Speaker 8: Game where you don't throw a pass and score, I mean that was just exactly what I wanted to see and they came in to prove it.
Speaker 5: Now what does that matter?
Speaker 8: It matters about depth There were certain areas I would love to see in our corners. The Bengals are no joke when it comes and throwing and catching, and some of the kids put on an exhibition last night.
Speaker 5: I would love to see.
Speaker 8: A little bit more. But hey, that's what next week is all about. And the way they practice, they deserve to get the reward of seeing a physical effort.
Speaker 3: So doc here we are less than three weeks away from the regular season open against the Giants, one more tune up against the Ravens.
Speaker 1: What do you want to see or who do you want to see? Stuff up in that game?
Speaker 5: Everybody is gonna play.
Speaker 8: And if we're trying to fight for jobs and let the kids fight for jobs, I want to see our wide receiver room continue to grow.
Speaker 5: People are worried about Terry. I'm not.
Speaker 8: I'm worried about whoever the hell is there, because if Terry's not there, what are you gonna do forfeit? I mean, so it's the opportunity. The team is not become a team until the final cut. Other than that is dog for dog.
Speaker 5: Be back. Like this is college.
Speaker 8: You see in college in room scholarship.
Speaker 5: So I want to see somebody go out with that wide receiver room and.
Speaker 8: Show up and show out because you may have to play without your best receiver.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm with you, Doc.
Speaker 4: I always tell people the last preseason game means something to me.
Speaker 2: Because you always right. You only good as the last.
Speaker 5: Person on the roster.
Speaker 4: And to be the truth, at one point in this year, all fifty three people gonna have a chance to play significant time.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna go down. It's inevitable that it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I believe maturing these guys and making sure they have some playing under their belt is the best way to make sure your roster is tight. Because if you remember last year, Tisley was on this team and he showed you how to make a how to make a roster in thirty two seconds.
Speaker 8: Last night he was magnificent. I mean, as an individual, that's what I'm looking to find out. Show up, show out. Trent Scott so proud of big fella. I was proud of our offensive bigs because them boys were fighting up front and so who hadn't played and I know what he's done in the past, but man, I gotta protect the president JAD five and so I need everybody functioning because you're talking about a tragedy. These guys better than the CIA, the FBI from what they.
Speaker 5: Have to protect.
Speaker 8: So I just liked a gallon effort because I hate seeing belly floppers. I don't want my people on the ground. Our guys played strong, played high, and move people. They will earth moving the earth around. I was proud of them, but again it's the bigness doc.
Speaker 3: Along those same lines, I actually thought of you last night watching Bill Crosskey Merrit go right in for a touchdown because they ran an old school counter tray with those guys just moving up front made me think of the Hogs.
Speaker 8: Well, and you see on that couple of tight ends on the I mean, I said base, I can't say Cynic did a great job. Everybody wide receiver a great running game. Fred will tell you wide receivers blocking, mixed running games extend themselves. James Arthur Monk heed them. He blocked his tail off, Ricky Sanders, Gary Carl Those guys block. If you're not blocking, you're not trying to win. And I thought our guys in Burgundy and Gold were relentless. Now they had a lot to prove because of that stinky performance up in New England, but they did it. They came out with purpose and it was a good vibe. And I think that's important because you want people that want to compete preseason, all season, sand lot, backyard, whatever, and they have all them slogans.
Speaker 5: Well they lived up to it last night.
Speaker 9: To me.
Speaker 3: Always love talking to him he as a doc, Doc Walker dog Man.
Speaker 2: Great to hear your voice.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Love hearing from Doc and love our good friends at sea Geek. Because this summer, sea Geek has had your tickets to the best live concerts in the DMV area at Northwest Stadium. SeatGeek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high water performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Seat Geek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer.
Speaker 1: From Rock Royalty to rap superstars R.
Speaker 3: And B to country, find out all on sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: Summer concert season officially starts.
Speaker 2: With seat Geek. Not like us.
Speaker 3: And now time for voicemails emails with producer and a.
Speaker 7: What do we want to start with? First? Guys, voicemails emails.
Speaker 2: I'll do either one the same thing.
Speaker 6: Let's kick it off with the emails. All right, all right, this one's from Jack Jensen. Lady, you've repeatedly commented on a player as a communicator. As a fan, I don't see slash understand all aspects of communications during a game.
Speaker 7: I think it must be interesting.
Speaker 6: Would you please explain who's responsible for communications by the group, individual and when on field or sidelines? How does everybody communicate silently or verbally? Thank you for your consideration.
Speaker 4: All right, good, here we go. We start off when we get the sideline call. It's sign language, all right. We do sign language to get the call in. Once we get the call in. Yes, when we get the call in, they got hand signals. They got everything also, especially when we're playing away. Next, you know London. Let's say London, the middle linebacker. He brings us to the huddle, and he now translate that sign language verbally.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: After we get before the place starts, let's say the tight end moves on the offense.
Speaker 2: London would then turn and change our call. All right.
Speaker 4: Now, as a cornerback on safety, I have to regurgitate it to each other.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Let's say the quarterback changes his plate. Now we're gonna check ours. So it's a verbal wealth of warfare that's going back and forth. But the quarterback is the initiate on the offense. The middle linebacker is our quarterback on defense. And after he says it, he regurgitates it to the back end, and before you know it, we're playing a whole nother play than what was called. All right, let's just say Peyton Manning goes a maha. They know what that is. They changed the play. So LONDONI turned around and.
Speaker 2: Gon cover four when he say we're gonna go COVID four. I was in man the man.
Speaker 4: I'm finna now start to back up because I know I got deep quarters. I don't have man to man no more. I don't have a man all right, So that goes to verbal welfare. So it starts off sign language, then we go into verbal, then we go into chicks.
Speaker 6: And we heard London say Peyton was one of the more difficult ones. Yes he was that the same for you? Or was there another quarterback?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Because Peyton waits for us to undress our defense and show him what we in. Then he calls his play for the offense. So he calls his plays at the line of scrimmage, So trying to hold the look.
Speaker 2: That we're not in.
Speaker 4: So if I'm in, man the man, I'm trying to show him man the man, knowing him on his own. But he gonna sit there and stall out blue thirty three, Blue thirty three, Blue thirty three. I'maha, i'maha, wain't knowing that's to move. London gonna tell us keep still, keep still, all right. Once he gonna get his play, now, London gonna say, now we're gonna go come three. So it's the back and forth and the good quarterbacks change everything at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: You know what's so funny is that we saw that I think it was the opening series, Yeah, on Monday between the Bengals and Commanders, where Joe Burrow got to the line and he saw Frankie Louver creeping up and was like, nope, changes the play the immediately the defense He's Joe Burrow changed the play. The Commanders changed the play. And you saw this back and forth early on.
Speaker 4: Ye and they threw the ball to Chase Brian Sure and guess what why they threw it to Chase Brown because Frankie Louvu was coming through that gap. Guess where we're gonna throw the past at right where he leaves. He's the linebacker. It's gonna be a hole right there. Throw it to them. And I think Revo made a tack on that plate outside. So yes, that goes the verbal warfare and it gets it ratches up as the season goes, because now you got so much in your playbook, and you got so many options.
Speaker 7: Great emails, A great email, y, this one's from Alvin.
Speaker 6: Thank you, oh Anna, you are great for dealing with Smoot and James.
Speaker 2: What wow?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 6: How about get Fred to challenge a chef like Eddie Jackson on Food Network football question? Also based on Camp So far has the offense taken a step back from last year.
Speaker 4: I'm from the city of Jackson. I never lose to Eddie Jackson in no cookout. Listen, mine is certified.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: These guys get on TV and let me tell you what they do. They make plates look good, right, they make food art all right. I make food that's good. It's a difference. Yeah, it ain't a bad appearance to me. It's about how does it taste? You think I'm scared of Jackson? Ain't scared of nobody named Jackson. I ain't scared of nobody when it comes to that pots in that pan jeezy in their kitchen.
Speaker 6: Have you thought about what food like Food Network show that if you guys could be on one Food Network show that you would be on, Like is it like Master Chef or Chopped or I don't know if they're all the same Hill's Kitchen?
Speaker 2: And like would you want No, I would actually want to travel.
Speaker 4: I would want to be on the one of the travel shows me too that I travel around and need to eat food or learn how to cook different food from different cultures. Yeah, like I would rather do that, like Fred Smook takes on the world.
Speaker 7: Okay, it comes to food, all right, next okay we'll hit the voicemails. Two voicemails, then we'll be there.
Speaker 1: And it sounds thrilled, all right, okay?
Speaker 2: Sure Fred Jenks love to show over here out of high Field.
Speaker 8: Hey man, my question for you guys is where do you think the defense could bringk Is it going to be top fifteen, top ten, top twenty?
Speaker 5: Where do you got to that? Curious? Especially?
Speaker 8: I like it what I'm saying from amos, just serious what you thought are y'all have a blessed on.
Speaker 4: Thanks all that where the defense gonna rank?
Speaker 7: Where you all think the defense are gonna rank? And he's like, in what he's seeing from trademos.
Speaker 4: All right, I think the defense is going to rank because we're bigger upfront. Were built to stop you on first down. We're built to make third and loan happy. We built to you got to earn the right to rush to pass on this defense. Uh, they might gonna be playing with the league because of the quarterback that allows them to pass rush more than actually play the run. I would say anywhere from nine to fifteen. Okay, nine to fifteen. I think they're gonna be, And I think it has a lot to do with it the sum of the parts and not the individual.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I'm hoping that this defensive rotation on the line just wears out those offensive linemen.
Speaker 9: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really do. Especially I'm looking for a big year from pay and Ken Long.
Speaker 2: I really do. I've seen that man the other day.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't stop looking at it. I like this, this human being. He is the mountain that rides first man off the bus. Listen, first man off the bus. The intimidation factor. This man, this is a big human bean. I mean I played football. I played with some big dudes. He reminded me of how big Darren Gardner was. It was a big man, and Dren Gardener was so huge. His hands was like huge. He's also the guy that moved in my house without my permission.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right.
Speaker 4: He didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything. I was literally a coward in my own house.
Speaker 2: All right, Are.
Speaker 1: Youna play this game at us?
Speaker 7: Just a quick little game.
Speaker 6: It's called hot warm, ice cold, and that'll be You're gonna pick a player for each from the preseason on the side of their hot warmer ice cold. Okay, I feel like warm, it could be oh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Warm is good, right, Warm is like you're.
Speaker 6: Warming up, like all right, and then I feel like ice cold.
Speaker 7: Hot are two different vibes, like the type of player.
Speaker 4: All right, one gotta be good, one gotta be bad. Either you on fire you ice cold. I don't know if ice cold mean you ain't doing nothing right now? How you say he got ice water in his veins, I'm.
Speaker 7: Saying, like ice water in his veins?
Speaker 2: Well, so if it's hot water in his veins. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: He needs to go to the hospital.
Speaker 7: I feel like we have two different vibes.
Speaker 2: So is the hot bad?
Speaker 7: Hot's gonna be good too?
Speaker 1: So good, very good and great?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okayt's not do it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say, lamar, here's what I would say. All right, ice cold, here's what I would say with ice cold. And maybe it's not ice cold water in his veins. I don't think he's ice cold, but I'm waiting for him to heat up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: When I hear the word ice cold, all I can think about is Andre three Stacks love below CD it.
Speaker 5: This is it?
Speaker 4: The dude, the dude that's just in the background, just hollering it for no reason. Cold, That's it. That's all I I don't know. If you're on fire, it's kind of Johnny stormish. It's actually a good thing. Yeah, being on fire. But if you ice cold, like in a basketball game, I'll be like jinks. You know, Michael Jordan was ice cold the other day. You're gonna be like, oh he had oh great. Yes, that's what I'm saying. So that's what I'm saying. But if I say it was on fire. Yeah, ooh forty, so we check. I hate to go against what she's talking about, but I don't know if it fits.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to go warm and hot, leave ice cold on the curb.
Speaker 7: Okay, last night, when I planned this, it was like a lot more of I thought.
Speaker 6: I thought it could be like, Okay, this person's kind of been on like a streak hot cold. This players just like cool vibes, like it's gonna bring a lot.
Speaker 1: Of okay, cool vibes.
Speaker 6: And then that warm is like this player's warming up, like we're starting to see some flashes throughout.
Speaker 7: The preseason, but wanting to see a little bit more. Okay, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Cool vibe.
Speaker 7: It doesn't really make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Cool all right, we just gonna go with a shoot, give it to it hot.
Speaker 3: I think it's ill crosskey merrit. I think he's red hot because look, I know he didn't get a lot of run. But think about how much we've been talking about this guy. We don't know what's gonna happen with the b Robs situation. This guy's got that home run speed that Cliff Kingsbury really wants as a part of this offense and then when he gets his chance, we saw him flash a little bit against the Patriots and then boom he takes off against the Bengals on that counter tray, and we're like, you know what, this guy could not be horder because we've been talking about him, and boom he takes one to the house.
Speaker 4: I say, Sea Rod, Chris Rodriguez okay, hot, Jacory Brooks hot, okay, because I think he makes plays every chance he gets. He doesn't get a lot of chances. When he gets his chances, he makes it happen. And Sea Rod has trimmed down. As you see, he is a lot more explosive. So I would say those two guys.
Speaker 7: Hot, right, who's warming up?
Speaker 1: This is gonna be so easy. But it's JD five. I mean, imagine where he gets one.
Speaker 3: He gets one possession with the team and then takes off and then bounces off. A dude gets into the end zone like I'm just getting warmed up. One possession. I took the house. By the way, speaking of cool vibes, I'm so cool, I'm gonna go get the ball or Bill Merritt later on, you know, And so it's like you saw me last year. You haven't seen a lot. To me, I am just getting wandered up. Just wait until you see what I do this season.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to say.
Speaker 4: My pick is fun in the Sun von Miller, Okay, vun Miller. I'm just getting started, all right, just getting here, just learning to playbook, just figuring it out, starting to turn the corner you want to pass rush specially I could do that rolling out of bed vun Miller, Right, And.
Speaker 7: Then Who's ice cold? In a good way?
Speaker 4: Ice cold and good? I'm gonna go Laramie tonsl Oh. I like that Laramy tonsl the Great Wall. I think he is ice cold because he shows no emotion. Yeah, it's like running from Jason. Yeah, he ain't never say nothing, He never.
Speaker 2: Runs, He just walks. And you know he gonna catch you eventually. Yeah, yeah, Laramie Tonsel Jason.
Speaker 1: I'd go Frankie Louvio.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Ice cold gives you that stare. You know it's coming after you. I mean, we were talking about that series. Listen to Bram on the radio, was and Burrows sees Frankie louvu and he is changing the play. Yeah, because he saw a Louvu coming. He was like, this guy is ice cold every time. I don't know if there's a player on the team that I mean absolutely goes after it every play, Like you know, if the football is around, Frankie Louvu, Frankie Louvu is gonna be right there.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are seeing Pitt Bulls behind us.
Speaker 1: Something's going on.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, but hey, listen, we know the podcast with Pitt Bulls in it.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you that that lie.
Speaker 7: That's it for the game.
Speaker 1: All right, I think it's time to geek out.
Speaker 7: Yep, thanks guys, Yep, let's geek out.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's geek out. You know I like to click these things.
Speaker 3: We also have to censor your first geek out, O can't. Maybe we went to that come Halloween.
Speaker 2: Maybe they really hurt some people.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, yeah, it hurts some people.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 2: This one is a sports all right.
Speaker 4: This is a sports one, right, Okay, I don't do too many sports ones.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: This is what happened when they built the new Yankee Stadium. One of the workers happened to be a Red Sox fan. While they was pulling the concrete, he buried a big Poppy Jersey inside the foundation of the Yankee Stadium, all right. A couple of lids later, he confessed to it. They dug through the concrete, found the Artis jersey, put it up for auction, and it sold for one hundred and seventy five k. No, they put it in there to jinx the Yankees and the Red Sox started to beat the Yankees.
Speaker 2: That's why they went through.
Speaker 4: The concrete, found the jersey and sold it and auctioned it off.
Speaker 2: Yes it happened.
Speaker 1: That is a crazy story.
Speaker 2: Yes it happened.
Speaker 1: How did they find that concrete sinking a little bit?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, the dude, the construction worker, told him exactly where he put it in the concrete.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yes, it did, all right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and guess what, the Yankees spit hundreds of thousands to dig this jersey up.
Speaker 1: Why not just leave it there?
Speaker 3: Because you know what, No sport is more superstitious than baseball.
Speaker 4: But I would not if you told me, Jinks you had put one of your shoes in my foundation.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be there. I'm never gonna look for it. Now.
Speaker 4: This one is from the Animal Kingdom. Okay, y'all have never thought this. Cheetahs the large cat. Yes, it's basically a large domesticated cat.
Speaker 2: It's not like the other wildcats.
Speaker 4: It's not like the lion, it's not like the panther, it's not like the tiger. They have never killed their human. I was gonna say, cheatahs have never killed the human. Really, why pitt bull runs behind.
Speaker 1: Us and waits on us to leave you?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is a cheetah has a zero count when it comes to humans.
Speaker 2: I bet people see a cheetah in the wild and be like, it's over for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're going to run from you because they like smaller animals, quicker animals. They don't like big humans and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They basically a giant domesticated kit.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, well, now everybody's gonna go domesticated cheetah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know, as you'll have someone say, oh, I have a panther, I have a tiger, and tiger when they get hungry, it's like I think I'm gona eat your face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But they can't say that about a Bob kait A Bob kit.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's different.
Speaker 2: Chita, Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 4: But if I would have asked you what Lord's kit has a zero count of bodies, you would have thought of Cheatah.
Speaker 3: I probably would have said none. I probably wouldn't have believed any of them.
Speaker 2: Well, you can get you a lynx.
Speaker 1: Oh, a lynx.
Speaker 2: That's a hybrid between a wild kit and a domesticated kit.
Speaker 1: I heard lynks in a minute. That's a good car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's infinitetition to get live. That's Fred's mood.
Speaker 1: I'm Michael Jenkins, shoing with us.
Speaker 3: Call us, send us an email, let us know what you think in the comments, and we'll see you after.
Speaker 1: Ravens and Commanders on Saturday Night's Coach.
Speaker 9: Take.
Speaker 3: The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.
Speaker 9: Get