Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Monday, November eighteenth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we want Colin Ferrell to win all of the awards. It's me your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael A. F Florio and Lakwan Jones. We've all we finished the Penguin basically, is what I'm telling you all, and we are all big fans and we love it.
Speaker 2: And Covine Cherl was great, fellas, he was amazing in that show.
Speaker 3: Amazing sole the show, top tier actor. I guess the show was already his, so he didn't have to steal it. But right, ah, man, yeah, I know. If you haven't seen it, go check it out. For sure.
Speaker 1: It feels like the kind of thing we have spent a long time on in the off season. If this has come out during the offseason we had the cheat sheets still like this would have.
Speaker 2: Been a thing we spent like a whole episode on.
Speaker 1: So maybe maybe we just hold it back and we just talk about it in the off season. We cannot do that today, sadly, because we do have a lot to jump into. They'll have one more game in week eleven. A Monday Night tilt between the Houston Texans and the Dallas Cowboys. But other than that, we'll have our biggest takeaways from what we saw this week. We will give you some waiver wire picks and another edition of the fantasy mail Bag. We enjoyed all your tweets so much the first time around, maybe we do it the second time around as well. But let's get started, as we normally do, with some fantasy headlines and one headline. One big headline coming out of New York.
Speaker 3: The Giants have.
Speaker 2: Made a move at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones is going to bench row and in his place it is not Drew lock Instead Florio, it is Tommy Cuttlet's back in our lives, Tommy DeVito getting the start.
Speaker 2: I think that cut everybody by surprise.
Speaker 1: I think the assumption is that it was just gonna be Drew Locke as the next man up, but that is not the way Brian Dable is going to go. But we're not really starting Tommy Cutlets this week, are we.
Speaker 3: I think if you are in a pinch in like a two quarterback league, or maybe you're in like a real deep league because of the matchup, like the Bucks are such a good matchup for quarterbacks. But more importantly, I think this matters for Melik Neighbors, Tyrone Tracy and those other playmakers on the Giants. And I looked this morning. I compared twenty twenty three Tommy DeVito to twenty twenty four Daniel Jones. Numbers pretty similar, but on deep passes, de Vito was significantly better, almost double the completion percentage, literally double the air yards, way more past Epa. He was also better throws out wide. So I think this could be a good thing for Melik neighbors. It certainly can't hurt Tyrone Tracy, I would say, And more than anything, New Yorkers finally have something to get excited about football wise, Like ever since Aaron Rodgers tore his achilles last year, they've been searching for some excitement and Tommy DeVito is the only one that has given it to them.
Speaker 1: Lakwh you heard, Floria, Like yeah, two quarterback leagues, deep deep leagues, Like in a pinch, there are six teams gon to buy this week?
Speaker 2: Are you spending fab on Tommy DeVito?
Speaker 4: I'm not spending a lot, but if I'm out there in a pinch, I'm gonna be able to drive the bag on him. You have to bring him in. I'm excited for him to get to start now. I mean, honestly, this Giants offense they need a spark. They need something to go out like our Jersey folks driving to that MetLife stadium. They need something to watch and they need something to root for. And I think Tommy DeVito coming in, you bring in that last year hype, You bringing that last year energy. Maybe they go out there and they get a win. Maybe he goes out there and throws for three hundred yards. Who knows, But I'm all in on Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 1: So the upside if you're looking at this, you mentioned the matchup Florio. I mean last year, the best game that DeVito had was in Week eleven against the Commanders.
Speaker 2: When he went for two hundred and forty six yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: That was against a Commander's defense that ranked dead last against the pass. The Bucks this year they are pretty bad against the pass. They're not dead last, they ranked twenty ninth, but they are sort of at the bottom of the pile. They've given up twenty touchdown passes. So maybe, just maybe he can make something happen this week against Tampa Goodness nose. They will probably have to throw the football though, because the Bucks will move it up and down they will score some points, so this could end up being a lot of throwing the football, A lot of quarterbacks featured, for sure. Still, maybe not a surprise that they've bench Daniel Jones, just to surprise to me that they seem to skip over Drew Lock and go right to the veto.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll talk more about it as we get closer to the start of Week twelve. In the meantime, let's take a look at some of the week's top scorers. Of course, one game still left to be played. Jared Goff four hundred and twelve passing yards, four touchdowns, even twenty one rushing yards. The Lions did anything and everything they wanted against the Jaguars this past week. Thirty four and a half points for golf, Saquon Barkley doing Saquon things over or nearly one hundred or neither two hundred rather scrimmage yards for Saquon, a couple of touchdowns, almost thirty four points for him. I'm on ros Saint Brown a part of that big Lions avalanche. Eleven catches, one hundred and sixty one yards and two touchdowns, thirty eight point seven points there. And at Taysom Hill we're gonna talk about Taysom Hill in a little bit. Eighteen passing yards you had an interception, ran for one hundred and thirty eight yards and three touchdowns. Eight catches for fifty yards forty one point five to two points. I don't want to Lakwan, but we have to. I mean, it's just because it's just sort of how things go. Chris Boswell, you're leading kickers six field goals. That was twenty four points there. In the Broncos defense, four sacked, an interception, six points allowed as they just harassed Kirk Cousins and the Atlanta Falcons. So those were some of the big names, some of the headliners there. Your fantasy hero Lakwana sort of a kid to just at least for this week.
Speaker 2: Your regular football hero, yes, Matthew Stafford Man.
Speaker 4: I finally got him in the starting lineups this week and he blew up man. Four touchdowns, zero interceptions in. One thing that we know for sure about this Rams offense that they are are dangerous again poking Aku and making the big place in Cooper Cuff on that second touchdown. That's probably the easiest touchdown he's had in his career, just running away from that Patriot secondary. But Matthew Stafford has been on a course of just shy at three hundred yards in this last four games. But these touchdowns are going to keep comming as long as Cooper Cup and pooking Toakoa stay healthy. So you guys should be ready for the most dangerous team going into those fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, they're certainly very dangerous.
Speaker 1: They are not Lions dangerous because the Lions right now look like maybe the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: They're the main event.
Speaker 2: According to Acbar, I'm justin this is the Lions main joke. He coined him.
Speaker 3: I kind of like it, but I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I look, we love Akbar in the show, but do not encourage. Do not encourage things like that. It will only and badly for everyone involved. Do not encourage.
Speaker 2: That's all right, Floyda. This is the part of the show where we talk about Taysom Hill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't really want to, but I feel like we have to. Like, I mean, There's a zero way we could have came on today and not talked Taysom Hill after he had the most Taysom Hill stat line ever, three rushing touchdowns, a career high one hundred and thirty eight rushing yards, also threw a pick, career high in targets catch his first game ever with one hundred rushing yards fifty or more receiving yards. But I think big picture here, like obviously this was his career game. You're not going to get this every week out of him or anything like that. But I do think at points that you can use Taysom Hill in fantasy moving forward. They're on by next week, but after that, like, I'm not starting him over the big name tight ends like Kittle, Bowers, McBride, the elite guys, But like, if you have a more fringe option, I would argue that Taysom Hill, the floor might be low, but the ceiling is certainly higher, because not only are they clearly using him in the passing game as an extension of the run game, but they're using him near the goal line and this not only helps him, it really hurts how Kamara, whose numbers have taken a hit as of late not getting as many passes, not getting as many touchdowns as he was early in the year. So Taysum's arrow might be going up, but as we've seen in past years, that typically leads to the rest of the Saints arrows for fantasy pointing down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, he just sort of takes away from so many different areas.
Speaker 2: Right, He'll throw the football, which you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, not that anybody's really starting Derek Carr, but that is fewer opportunities for Derek Carr. You mentioned the rushing, especially near the goal line, that is taking food off of Alvin Kamara's play.
Speaker 2: He'll catch the football occasionally.
Speaker 1: So if you were, by chance trying to start Juwan Johnson in first place, thoughts and prayers, But if you were, then that's fewer targets for Juwan Johnson in those situations.
Speaker 2: This was not unpredictable.
Speaker 1: I mean, for the last couple of weeks, it just felt like we were going to get a big Taysom Hill game because there were so many injuries, because this offense was looking for any kind of spark.
Speaker 2: But this was just one of those big blow up games and.
Speaker 1: Now everybody's gonna start asking Taysom Hill questions and do I pick him up?
Speaker 2: Do I put him in my lineup? The only one who's.
Speaker 1: Really happy about this, fellas is matt Ocatta, our pal matt Ocatta, who yes, Taysom Hill stand in our building, is smiling ear to ear somewhere after watching his guy go off for forty one and a half points. My fantasy hero for the week is Brock Bowers and it just continues to be an amazing rookie season for him, and he also continues to be really the only thing that we can consistently count on in the Raiders offense. Another big week for brock Bowers. I mean, right now he is the tight end one overall. You know, he's eighteen and a half points clear of George Kittle. So it could be that we have a rookie as the te one overall in back to back seasons, after Sam Laporta did it last year only three touchdowns, which is sort of amazing the fact that he's been able to do this without getting in the Enzo had a touchdown yesterday one hundred and twenty six yards, which was a season high for him. But doesn't matter who the quarterback is, whether it's Aid and O'Connell, Gardner, Minshew. Even when Desmond Ritter was in there for a little bit a couple of weeks ago, he was throwing the ball in brock Bauer's direction a little bit. So at this point you don't have to ask questions anymore. You don't have to worry about matchups. Just know that if brock Bauers is playing, he should be in your fantasy starting lineup.
Speaker 2: Those are euros for the week.
Speaker 1: Now, let's take a look at our takeaway, some of the big picture views of things we saw over the weekend. And I noticed it is a full quarterback edition, a young quarterback edition of takeaways.
Speaker 2: Lakwan, what was yours?
Speaker 4: We have to be patient with Will Levis because when you're watching this game and you see the big plays that he makes to Calvin Ridley down the field and then it's called back. These are just the flashes with Will Levis just making the better decisions instead of turning the ball over. I know he turned the ball over last last game, but overall we're looking at Will Levis just playing fundamental football, making the right decisions, getting Calvin really activated. He's getting him closer to the line of scrimmage fields where calm really can create. After now we're being activated that Will Levis, you know, putting up two hundred and ninety five yards, This is a big achievement for him moving forward. So he's one of those guys that I would just have on the wings if you're looking for a fantasy quarterback and those two quarterback leads or even feared down bad at the quarterback position, Will Levis is showing improvement as the time goes on, and he's one of those guys that could probably shakas coming into the fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 1: I do have Will Levis in a super flex format and I had to start him this week, and you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I super excited.
Speaker 1: I never super excited about starting Will Levis, but you know, like there are always moments you always sort of believe that maybe it can happen at some point.
Speaker 3: Got to be patient.
Speaker 1: Man, if Will Levis were a gift, he would be that, you know, that Carlton gift of him, like throwing the basketball and then like pumping his fists like waiting for something to happen like that, That is Will Levis h as a gift for sure.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, with Florio, your young quarterback is actually.
Speaker 1: Paying dividends, like right now, Yeah, I think Drake May is going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: And this is partly for the rest of this season, but one hundred percent like buy him in dynasty for next season right now, because look at what he has done so far this year, giving you over seventeen fantasy points per game in his full games as a starter. But those have come in some tough matchups like Texans Jags are easy, but Jets, Titans, Bears, Rams. Schedule opens up now his next four Dolphins, Patriots, Cardinals, and then he gets the Bills, which is a little bit tough, but he is doing what he is doing right now with I would argue the worst offensive line in football, bottom tier weapons, a first time head coach with a play caller with very little experience. The Patriots next season not only have all of their picks, they have a couple of others from trades. They are going to be in the top ten top five draft pick wise, and they have the most cap in the NFL entering the offseason. So we're seeing Drake May right now put do what he's doing and show flashes that to me, I keep saying it really remind me of a young Josh Allen, and he is doing it with bare necessities around him. Once he gets actual playmakers and stuff like that, and an O line that could block, forget about it. So if you play in a dynasty, I think he is the biggest buy right now and in the offseason moving into next year, because that arrow is going to shoot up in a big way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's gonna shoot up in a big, big way.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see what the Patriots do in terms of their wide receiver corps. I mean, obviously they spent draft picks last year on a couple of young wideouts that haven't quite panned out. So we'll see if those guys develop or if the Patriots sort of go back to the well and try to find some more receivers for next season. For me, what we saw yesterday that was the Anthony Richardson we have been waiting for. It is the Anthony Richardson that we thought we were getting. Gotcha over twenty eight fantasy points because in Part two, rushing touchdowns helped the whole lot, but throw the ball very very well, tore and seventy two passing yards had a passing touchdown on what proved to.
Speaker 3: Be the game winning drive in that.
Speaker 1: One, had a couple of really nice throws, one down the sideline to Alec Pearce, a big play to Josh Downs as well, and then finished it off with a touchdown run himself. Yesterday, nearly thirty percent of his carries were design runs. That was a thing we were expecting to see more of this season. We hadn't really seen it. It was his best game since Week one, when he had a rushing touchdown and got you over twenty fantasy points. Now the trick for Richardson is going to be consistency. Can he backed this up this week? Coming up with what he did this past week, You know, we still expect him inconsistency throwing the football not a great matchup next week against the Detroit Lions. Does have some tough matchups in the fantasy playoffs, So really do need to see him run the football more effectively in order to have a lot more confidence. But if you stayed the course, if you put him back in your lineup, you're feeling really really good about it, and you're starting to remember why it is you spent a high draft pick on Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: All right, that was.
Speaker 2: Our look at week eleven.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start to spend forty the week twelve, Plus we're gonna have some of your questions coming up in the Fantasy mailback. That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options Florida. Who should we be aiming for for week twelve.
Speaker 3: I don't know why bo Knicks is still available on waiver wires, but he is in like half of NFL league's Please change that. Also add Anthony Richardson, and Marcus was just talking him up a whole bunch two A Tungua Bai Looa has a good matchup next week. I already spoke up Drake may think you need to add him. Jalen Warren seeing more volume as of late. A lot of Raiders running backs on here, Alexander Madison's Amir White, Amir Abdullah in case Madison is out next week, but I just love their schedule in the fantasy playoffs. Audric Estimate and Jalen Wright because we need to pick up some running back right like it's it's been bear the running back position it is a good week for receivers, though, Roma Dunes was dropped in a good amount of league, so he might be out there for you. Christian Watson had his best game since the last game of the twenty twenty two season. Jerry Judy and Elijah Moore just continue to go off with Jamis Winston mvs. Is the new Rashid Shaheed, so I think you want to pick him up. Lakwan's boy Damario Douglas seeing a lot of work from Drake May, Curtis Samuel, I know they run by this week. This is more if Keon Coleman is out again after that, Taysom Hill after what he did, needs to be added. And then Hunter Henry and Lakwan's boy John hw Smith are going under the radar, but they are productive Fantasy tight ends and should be added right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean Hunter Henry, I sort of get going under the radar because you know, we're I don't know, we just haven't really talked a lot about the Patriots beyond Drake May. John hu Smith though, is doing things and I'm not sure how people are not paying attention to him. But speaking of John new Smith to a tongue of Ioloa on that list. I mean, Lakwan, it hasn't necessarily been great. He's kind only fringe QB one, but it feels like he's definitely a lock.
Speaker 2: For two QB leagues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's definitely a lock for two QB leagues, but one QB leagues. It's where we kind of know that he has a ceiling there where it's like that QB two range and the low end QB one range. But listen, long as Tyreek Hill is still going out there, he's healthy and suiting up Jaye and Wattle, he pops up every now and then. But it's really John Newsmith that you know, I will get into in a minute, but I really feels though he's going to make me dye my hair blind with this five deal that we made earlier in the season, because man, he's absolutely opening everything up in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the field for two and we know too him.
Speaker 4: Man, if he's gonna dump it off, it's either to the running backs or it's going to be a tight end that can career after to catch.
Speaker 2: And JOHNA.
Speaker 4: Smith fits that bill for Mike Daniel for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, John Smith was absolutely cooking the Raiders on Sunday, and it has been yeah, quietly, maybe the most consistent pass catcher in that Dolphins offense at least four fantasy purposes.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, can I not dye my hair? Oh no, I mean you're looking like slim Shady at the end of this year. He five.
Speaker 1: I was at least going to give you Wesley Snipes and Demolition Man, you know, something like that.
Speaker 2: Whatever, right, let's get over to the fantasy mail bag we asked for.
Speaker 3: You didn't see yourself.
Speaker 2: You did do this to yourself.
Speaker 1: We asked some of your questions on Twitter. Let's get into a few of them. This one first one is from a guy who asked, can I rely on DeVante Adams in that Jets offense?
Speaker 2: I mean, Flourio. Is it jover for Davante this year?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I think it's it's jover for him as like a top ten Fantasy Elite Fantasy wide receiver. But in his last four games the Floor, his lowest performance is nine fantasy points. I know it's happened twice, but he has a couple of bigger games there. He has two games with eleven or more targets. In that four game span. So I think the floor is safe enough where you could trust. There's still some upside there and he is still going to get a bunch of volume met. He's not what he used to be, but that doesn't mean you can't trust him in fantasy.
Speaker 2: Look on, is Aaron Rodgers washed? Yes?
Speaker 3: Uh yes, throw the tiepod in there.
Speaker 2: It's over, man, Like I honestly think like we.
Speaker 4: Honestly looked at his age, and we looked at his injury, we looked at the team he's going to be playing for. It's like, this is going to be bad. This is going to be a car crash. And that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think we all thought, yeah, that could happen, but we're also like, but man, he's been so good for so long, maybe he can just muster up.
Speaker 2: A little bit now.
Speaker 3: Bay was terrible.
Speaker 1: It was all that I know. But you know, sometimes we get hopeful and we forget about the past. You know, I didn't think it was great. I figured he wasn't gonna be a QB one, but I didn't think it'd be.
Speaker 2: This bad for sure.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, Jay Diggs wants to know, and since uh, you know, before I already talked him up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask you a and can say someone really be trusted weekly.
Speaker 1: I picked him up with McBride on a bye and now I'm wondering if he's a weekly starter.
Speaker 2: Is he a weekly start?
Speaker 4: He's given the Saints offense some spark, some life. They need playmakers, and guess what coming out of the bay he faces the Rams and we cannot stop tight ends or whatever he's classified as. I can see him having another big game coming off the bye week because the Rams just cannot absolutely stop tight ends from scoring or making big plays or finding production. So as a weekly starter, I mean, look, we're getting into those fantasy playoffs. If Taysom Hill is on your roster and your starting lineups, I guess you have to start him.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say weekly starter, but you know, maybe next week is a good obber two weeks from now, right, because they're on a bye coming up in week twelves, so two weeks to potentially is one. He does have the Raiders in the Fantasy playoffs in the championship week two, so that's something to kind of keep in mind going along as well.
Speaker 2: Can't believe we did this.
Speaker 1: Hugo wants to know Florio, where's a Russell Wilson say, for the rest of the he plays the Ravens again in the playoffs finals, So yeah, Week seventeen, he's got the Ravens.
Speaker 2: I mean, how were we feeling about Russ the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: Russ is what Russ is, I would say, like, he's not a set to forget it type quarterback. He's not like you have like Jalen Hurts or Lamar Jackson or something like that, where you don't even consider getting him out. I think you play him in the right matchup, depending on what your options were. Like, Yes, he went out and laid a dug yesterday, but that doesn't take away that he had been playing good football up until that point. And his schedule moving forward, Browns Bengals, Browns Eagles, Ravens like, and then he gets the Chiefs like after that. I'm not playing him against the Chiefs, but I think you could make a case for him in those next five games. It all depends on your options. But like the Browns have struggled against the past, the Bengals have really been bad, So yeah, you're gonna be able to start Russ again this season. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you know we talked about Russ in terms of what he meant for the other guys in that offense, you know, and he's been good. I'm i gonna say he's been a great fantasy quarterback. But you know, he gave you twenty four and week seven against the Jets, he gave you eighteen last week against the Commanders. You know, it was not great this past week against a Ravens team that we all thought it was gonna be great against, which actually does lead us to one final tweet from the bailbag. This is from Jay One, who says, my biggest question today is why did I listen to all of you when you said that Russell Wilson, well they must start this week. Well, the reason you listened to us, Jay one, is because we are exceedingly handsome and endlessly charming, and it just made sense. But moreover, it made sense because the Ravens had been bad against quarterbacks all year long. I mean, everybody was kind of dunking on them in the passing game. Credit to the defense, they bowed up when they needed to in a big situation. They did not win the game, but they did hold down Russell Wilson.
Speaker 3: So Lamar has been great all year until, like yesterday was a bizarro game. It didn't make sense, but that's what happens when these two team play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can say it was a bizarro game based on the normal stats, but it was just a regular game when you just talk about, you know what the Ravens and Steelers normally do. So maybe maybe we should have taken that into account, but just by the numbers, it made sense.
Speaker 2: The logic was certainly there. All right.
Speaker 1: That would do some more bailback stuff a little bit later on in the week, but we appreciate you reaching out and connecting with us. Now, let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Steelers and the.
Speaker 5: Ravens, Joey Porter Junior made a huge play stopping Lamar Jackson on what would have been a game tying two point conversion attempt, and his dad, Joey Porter Senior, Steeler's legend was going crazy up.
Speaker 1: In the in one of the suits. There you love that, right, I mean it's it's it's dad love, it's kid.
Speaker 2: Love, it's Steeler love.
Speaker 1: I mean this was this literally was everything we sort of love about about football guys.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, man, I would love to make a play like that in front of my parents. I mean, honestly, I can shed a tear now thinking if like Mason went out there and made like a game ceiling win play, like, oh man, that is just awesome to experience.
Speaker 1: That, especially against somebody like Lamar Jackson. Yeah, that was that was fantastic, righth Flora.
Speaker 3: Cool moment for you guys who were dads, I'm sure you can only imagine. For me, I was like, at least Lamar had to wear withal to get rid of that ball like Kirk Cousins, most quarterbacks get sacked with it like and even more than that, all of his old linemen just like we're like someone else catch it, Like no, they all did. That's what stood up to me.
Speaker 1: Oh man, man, you still have to be disciplined even when somebody's kid is making a tackle there on your quarterback for sure.
Speaker 2: So that is it. We are done.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football show.
Speaker 2: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember hard work never killed anybody. Why take the chance be safe to take care of yourselves and we would talk to you tomorrow wo