Speaker 1: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio, presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones run.
Speaker 2: To back our number two Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: That's a five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. Here it's Chaos Bar and Grill open for lunch. Come out and see us on an absolutely beautiful Thursday.
Speaker 2: Uh we have there's a new sandwich that debuted here. What is it?
Speaker 3: A chicken spicy something. I don't want to say because I might be wrong, but we had rave reviews Spicy Chicken Mario. I think it's what it's called, but you could come check it out. It's time to do our Tubby Smith player drafts. Yes, here's the rules. You have to pick a player who played at least one year for either Tubby or Gillespie.
Speaker 2: This is Tubby and Gillespie, so calp.
Speaker 3: Now, if they played for Tubby and Gillespie and col you can still pick them. So someone like Patrick Patterson who went in the Cow draft can also go in the Tubby Gillespie draft. You just have to have played at least one year for either Tubby or Gillespie. So basically, you have to have been on the team sometime between nineteen ninety eight and two thousand and nine. Now, Shannon went last last time. He'll go first, then me second, Ryding third, Drew will go fourth and fifth, and we'll snake it. Somebody made a good point last time that we picked seven guys, and that was uneven. So we'll pick eight, five starters. Okay, five starters and three reserves. Shannon, you get the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: Who would you like?
Speaker 1: I am selecting Tayshawn Prince.
Speaker 3: Tayshawn Prince is gonna be your first pick. I think that's a that's a pretty good one, which leaves I think the second pick can go one.
Speaker 2: Of two ways.
Speaker 3: You can either go with Bogans or you can go with Jody Meeks. I think those are both really good. I need my team to kind of I need my team to be able to play defense, but also put it up.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Keith Bogans, then I'll take Jody Meeks.
Speaker 2: You got Jody Meeks, all right? What about you? Drew? You get two picks to.
Speaker 5: Start with Wayne the Burner Turner turner, Okay, getting him off the board early Chuck Case, Chuck.
Speaker 2: A s all right, so you got you got a workhorse team, you got you you.
Speaker 5: Gotta last time. I'm grit, I'm all about there. You're up right.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a big guy. And then there were a lot of good ones in the Tubby era. So I'll go Jamal mcglore.
Speaker 2: What do you mean there weren't a lot of good ones in the Tubby.
Speaker 4: Era, not like big solid fives.
Speaker 2: You're you're not You're not a fan of the Tubby era guys.
Speaker 4: Not like i have to get the best of the best. So I'm gonna take Jamal. I got a chance.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting here thinking about the ninety eight team. I'm gonna get one of those dudes I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take Jeff Shepard to create sort of an exciting backcourt with Bogans. Now, Shannon, you get two.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Nazi Mohammed Nazy, Okay, And I'm gonna take Rajon Rondo.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Rondo pick is a good one. Yeah, you know what you still me on Rondo? That was a really good That was a really good one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So now you know I'm sitting here thinking Ryan is right. There were not a whole lot of good bigs during the Tubby era, were there?
Speaker 4: No? No, I tried to grab mcgloure with that chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, we didn't know. Well, I have one. I think I'll save him.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 2: It starts to get difficult oddly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Not a lot of forwards, not a lot of Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ahead and take Patrick Patterson.
Speaker 3: Then, uh here who you got uh Roan?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna take Patterson with that. With that pick, I'm gonna go with uh. I'll go Scott Pageant.
Speaker 2: Scott patch is a good one right there too.
Speaker 3: I like your team, Magic Meek's mcglure Paget is a good group, all right, Drew, Uh, Drew.
Speaker 2: You got two.
Speaker 3: I'm going Gerald Fitch, Okay, tough you another tough. Well you have a tough team.
Speaker 5: We're fighting, Okay.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to go big here, but you off scared me. So I'm gonna go in and grab Randolph Morris.
Speaker 2: Randolf Morris not a bad pick. I like Randolph Morris. Who you got ry?
Speaker 4: Uh gosh, I've got the point guard.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: That's tough. I'm gonna say, let me think for just a moment here.
Speaker 2: You don't get that long.
Speaker 1: You can't think you're on the clock.
Speaker 4: All the good guys have been selected. I believe who I got Patterson, who.
Speaker 2: You have, Meek's mcgore and Patch.
Speaker 4: So I do need a point guard. I guess I'll take uh God, I'll take Cliff Hawkins.
Speaker 3: Cliff Hawkins. I think that's a good pick, not bad. I'm you know, I have a team that likes to shoot. But I need a big, underrated big of the uh of the Tabbierra.
Speaker 4: Marquis Estel had a good career at Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely kind of forgot about him.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're up. I need wait a minute, sorry, Shannon's up.
Speaker 1: You get two two picks. Let's see, I need a guard and I need a ford. I'm gonna go for my guard. I'm gonna go Joe Crawford.
Speaker 2: Joe Crawford, Okay, and then my forward.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I'm gonna take Ashimu Evans Hashimu.
Speaker 3: All right, So I have two choices here. I'm surprised he's still available. I gotta go smooth Ramel Brad be my guard. And then so I have a starting lineup of Bradley Bogan's Shepherd Patterson Estel uh Shannon's starting lineup is Rondo Crawford, Hashimu, Tayshaw Nasey. Right now you have Hawkins, Meeks, Patrick mcglory.
Speaker 4: You need like a wing. I'm gonna go Eric Daniels.
Speaker 2: Eric Daniels.
Speaker 3: So if your team shoots well, thoughts you do. But you got a lot of bit you're playing. You're playing Tubby styles. Yes, sir, who you got?
Speaker 5: I need a wing and you all have left me Kalina Azubuki.
Speaker 2: Okay, bick like it. Now you need your first bench player.
Speaker 5: I need some shooting. I'm winning a fight, but I need a shooter. So give me the pride of Muhlenberg count.
Speaker 2: I was gonna take you.
Speaker 3: If he fell, he would be a great six man coming off the beach right there.
Speaker 2: All right, now it's to you.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 4: So it's the bitch player. I'll go Alan.
Speaker 3: Edwards, Alan Edwards. Okay, that's uh, I like that one. Now we're starting to get into it a little bit. Yeah, Taysha, I'm running out of people here.
Speaker 4: It gets tough. It starts to get a little hard. You can think of guys, but do you want him on your team?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I can think of guys, but I don't know if I want that. I need some athleticism coming off the bench. He had his sparks, even though he I'm gonna take Anchwan Barber off the bitch.
Speaker 2: It's plus. Also could play defense. What do you got, Shannon? You get too? Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Does anybody pick Perry Stevenson yet?
Speaker 5: Perry Stevens like it?
Speaker 4: Alright?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm trying to think of he was even left at this point. Jewels kamaras.
Speaker 3: Wow, I like it a little Jewels Camara. Okay, So now I've got Antoine Barber. I'm trying to think who were our bigs during that time. I'm having a hard time even thinking.
Speaker 2: Who we have.
Speaker 5: Michael Bradley still available, your buddy.
Speaker 2: The problem is Michael Bradley at Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Can we just stop it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, This is part of what we have to do.
Speaker 3: We have to realize Tubby was a great coach, didn't have all the talent.
Speaker 5: Cameron Mills is still out there.
Speaker 2: Boy, you know it's it's really I'm in Derek Jasper.
Speaker 5: I was actually gonna Derek.
Speaker 2: Jasper backup point guard. Anyone about you?
Speaker 4: I'm one another big Marvin Stone.
Speaker 5: Not bad.
Speaker 3: His best time was when he left, but that's not a bad one, all right, And Drew, you get two to finish your team.
Speaker 5: Bobby Perry.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got the Bobby Perry. Baby?
Speaker 5: Do I have here? I need some ball handling. I Fich can run the point. I feel like I still need a guard.
Speaker 4: Uh, Michael Porter.
Speaker 5: Good on Michael Porter.
Speaker 2: I don't know, don't do that one.
Speaker 5: No, I worry about the fan reaction if I go Saul here. I don't want to leave him for Ryan. Actually, I'm gonna take a young DeAndre Liggins who played for Billy Gillespie.
Speaker 3: DeAndre Liggins. Okay, Oh that's right, he did. That's a good pick. I forgot that he was on that team. Okay, I just we forgot about it a way.
Speaker 5: Do I go again?
Speaker 2: Ahead? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I hate to pick another big guy, but I can't let you have him. Wukosh No I.
Speaker 2: Wanted no, I was gonna finish with.
Speaker 5: Almost took Woo as my first Okay, okay, look I remember, give me wo Okay, I'll take it back.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna take Robbie.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, and then I get Wu. I have Wu and Ramel Bradley. It's like that tour I went on around the state. They're just in my car. And then Shannon, you get the final pick.
Speaker 1: Just to take a little jabbet, Ryan, give me Saul Smith Smith.
Speaker 3: Saul Smith is the eighth pick. Is not a bad pick. He was not as bad as people remember. And I'm looking at you to make you say something nice.
Speaker 4: I declined to come in.
Speaker 2: It's not that he was not that bad. So there you go.
Speaker 5: Shara Thomas was also on the board. Consider oh, hip hip k.
Speaker 2: J oh.
Speaker 4: I just thought of one Desmond Allison, he started, Rashod.
Speaker 2: Caruth would have been nice.
Speaker 3: I could have gone ten deep here for half a year. You would start Jason Park. Oh yes, if you're talking about half a season, remember that dominated that North Carolina in the game and then was gone.
Speaker 4: I thought about him. But if we're doing it what he what they did at Kentucky only, I don't think you can put him in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking here at Sagari freshman, Darius Miller freshman, oh freshman yes, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think we a j Stewart, Kevin I could do this all day.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you're gonna you're gonna put Kevin Galloway in there.
Speaker 5: And we could have picked a team.
Speaker 2: One Josh Harrelson.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again, if we're talking about when he played for Billy, he wasn't very good at that point.
Speaker 2: True, you have to take him when they played for Yeah, So that's good.
Speaker 4: It was fun.
Speaker 3: That's a good game. That was a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be. When we got to the bench, not quite as deep as the cow bitch.
Speaker 4: And they're like we said, there's not a lot of big guys that had in the tubble.
Speaker 5: How did we get.
Speaker 2: Through with those big guys?
Speaker 4: Well, like Chuck Hayes had to be played in the middle most of his career.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, who's up next, ship, Let's go to Adam Adam, go ahead at him.
Speaker 6: Guys, did you all say Randolph Morris?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got he's on there, he got him.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm just looking through stats. It's almost unbelievable. For two years, Randolf Morris let our team in points scored in six Randall.
Speaker 2: Lorris had some games where he was a hoss.
Speaker 3: Like I remember the game we lost in the NCAA tournament, I want to say in the second round to Kansas. I think he was dominant in that game. He was like the only one that scored for us, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like one of those guys that you just forget was even here. But it was a really good player. Hey, you got a question about NIL. So I live in Lime County. There's you know, a lot of billboards around with Travis Perry on for local banks and whatnot. And my question is is that part of the NIL collective package that he gets from UK or is that totally separate.
Speaker 2: So what happens is the club.
Speaker 3: So there's a couple different ways kids can get in il Club Blue, which you hear me do advertisements for Club Blue will sign a kid, let's say signs trapped. They let's say Club Blue signs a kid for two hundred thousand dollars. What Club Blue is doing is saying we guarantee you two hundred thousand dollars either through the through endorsements. So a company like the ones you're seeing on the billboard there come sign a deal with Club Blue and then trap and they pay Travis Perry.
Speaker 2: Through that or.
Speaker 3: Got you know, people can go direct to Travis Parry. Now, some of these players sign exclusive deals with Club Blue, basically saying Club Blue, you handle my marketing rights for the year. Some kids say you handle part of it. I handle part of it. But a lot of these kids want Club Blue to do it because they don't have the contacts to go sign ads, or they might have an agent that takes a cut. So those especially for these Kentucky based companies like these banks and stuff, I would say most of their nil goes through Club Blue. And it's part of when you hear we paid one million dollars for the kid, club Blue is getting some of that back through these endorsement money.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So when you all do signingsr is that part of their.
Speaker 2: Passage that goes directly to the player.
Speaker 3: So when we do a ks Bar signing, I'm not club Blue is doing the signing, but the money is actually going directly to the kid.
Speaker 2: They don't it doesn't filter through them.
Speaker 6: On that, so they have opportunity to make money beyond what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think the like I think there are, Like when you see Kobe Braya on a National AT and T commercial, I think that is his agent did that directly.
Speaker 2: I think, now again this is all murky like.
Speaker 3: Some of it may be different than what I'm saying, but they have a lot of different But I think when you hear an amount of money paid, it's ryan I think a guarantee for the year, and then it's kind of up to Club Blue to get that money, whether it be through to boosters or through arrangements with ENDORSM So.
Speaker 4: Hearing how you explained, it would be advantageous for like Trent and Travis to keep their own individual right.
Speaker 3: I guess is I think Trent had his had his own thing too, so I think he had a Club Blue thing because he's local.
Speaker 2: Though he had his own thing he.
Speaker 4: Did on a hospital commercial. I think he did a fok Bank commercial. So when next year with Jasper and Malachi, would be advantageous for them to be in the Kentucky kids and get that local.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's kind of in a different situation.
Speaker 5: I was reading a story yesterday about Texas's football team, which they're saying forty million for that roster, but it noted that arch Manning doesn't touch the collective. They everything goes through the Mannings and they step out on their own and get all his money, so he takes nothing from Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every player uses a different a different way to do it. I appreciate it. Stop overpaying for sunglasses and check out Shady Rays, an independent American owned company started right here in Kentucky. Premium polar shades for every activity. They have a great pair for you, and they offer the best protection program in the industry with lost and broken replacements. Go grab a pair at Shady Rays. They have a Lexington store, a Louisville store, or learn more at our friends at shady rays dot com. We'll take a break. Right Back's KSR.
Speaker 4: Running back.
Speaker 2: It is Kentucky Sports Radio Here at Chios Martin Grill. The the are what do you call it? Tarp?
Speaker 3: Tarp is off, so the patio is open. There were a lot of people sitting on the patio. Yes, patios get the sun in. Yes, makes a place much brighter, happier, you know, ready to go.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite time to come out. When we had the garage doors open and you got the tarp off and kind of have that feeling you're out on vacation.
Speaker 5: We have to do some outdoor shows. I enjoy sitting on the patio for this.
Speaker 3: I saw on the internet this morning that Andy Basher was on the John Stewart podcast. He's been doing a lot of those kind of podcasts. He's clearly like set in the stage to try to run for president. I think that's going to happen. What do you think about Andy Basheer as the as running for president? You think he'd have any chance of winning well, or at least begetting the Democratic nomination.
Speaker 4: The fact that he's pretty popular in this Republican state that we live in.
Speaker 2: I think they don't vote in the Democratic primary.
Speaker 4: But I think though if he gets to that point, I think he could get it. I think he can win some anytime you can get the other party to kind of be on your side a little bit. I think you're doing your job right.
Speaker 2: But they didn't help you in the primary.
Speaker 4: I don't win the primary.
Speaker 8: You think it's a given that the National Democratic Yeah, oh yeah, a given. And I think I'll probably be his press secretary.
Speaker 2: Well he's done.
Speaker 5: What do you think at the Radar Country is going I expect Trump round three of ours. Steven A. Smith is my pick. But I have noticed Andy is doing a lot and he's showing more personality than I've ever he. I have actually laughed a couple of times in some of these videos he's put out.
Speaker 3: I used to describe him as vanilla ice cream with no sprinkles, and I now think he's at least like vanilla ice cream with one.
Speaker 2: Cherry on it.
Speaker 3: Cherry like he's starting to like have some kind of personality. I mean, he used to be very, very bland. It's clear he's trying, you know. I saw him on something in the other day and I thought he did a good job. I still think when he does stuff where he's walking down the street, I don't think he looks necessarily all that comfortable. Yeah, I don't know. I mean I would. I do think people in Kentucky need to prepare themselves. He's gonna run, I mean, he is he I don't I personally don't. I think it's unlikely he would get the nomination, but he's gonna run.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any doubt about that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have when's the last time we had a real presidential candidate from Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Wow, Inclay, here's.
Speaker 3: Probably been one since Henry Clay. Well, I mean ran Paul ran, but he didn't even to the Iowa caucuses. So I don't know if that when's last time we had, like he may know, like a real candidate from uh from Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Are we claiming Abraham Lincoln?
Speaker 3: Or does it a long time ago though? I mean Henry Clay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's the dude? Breckinridge from Paducah. He was vice president? Did he ever run for president?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean in the Mott post World War Two, probably the only Kentucky and I can think of that ran for president was Rand Paul, but he didn't run very long so.
Speaker 1: To the caucases, I mean, Kristin Powers got further than he needed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kristin Power, come on, I don't know, maybe somebody will know on the text machine. So, I mean in and of itself, a Kentucky and running would be kind of interesting, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's it's pretty obvious what he's doing. Like I said, I've I've enjoyed his content online. He made a good Rocky Atkins joke while he was riding on a ski liff at the Gorge. He has one video with his son where he looks at him and in the most Andy Basheer Tony has he can say, he says like, is this outfit fire? And his son's just like mortified that. You think that's it, that's what you should do.
Speaker 3: Do you think he should be like, I'm a nerd and that should be how it plays it up.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've actually laughed at some of them when I wouldn't normally think of Andy Basheer as someone that would make me laugh.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe that's actually when you consider what Trump and the Trump thing is like, it might be good to go I'm just gonna be the exact opposite.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be.
Speaker 3: A huge nerd. You'll forget I'm here, my clothes don't totally fit. Like, maybe that's what you do.
Speaker 4: He could be the lovable nerd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, Well we'll see. I can't.
Speaker 3: So far nobody has written me another person that's run, So maybe maybe he'll be the first.
Speaker 4: In the longest I said Breckonage. But was it Barkley? Somebody? Even people? One of them was vice president.
Speaker 3: I think Barkley was vice president Breckenridge was on the Supreme Court, but he might have been. I don't know that part of history you get from like the Civil War to World War One. I have no idea what happened. It's just the smooth hotly act, and that's all I can remember. Who's next, Ronnie, Ronnie, go ahead, Ronnie.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, Hey, real quick. The reason that draft was hard was because cal brought in five guys every year, and with Tubby, those guys stayed around four years.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, exactly right. Yeah, you're exactly right. You didn't have any dudes to choose from.
Speaker 9: And uh, two years ago, my son graduated and he made a friend comment to me. I was talking to him and uh uh he said, and I know he got this from somewhere, but he said, I'd rather have four quarters than one hundred pennies. And I thought about that, and I was like, man, that's really deep.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's right, like you.
Speaker 3: I think I you know, I have a small core group of friends and I prefer that over knowing a million people.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I appreciate the call. I actually agree with that, right.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, you're your inner circle of fringe, all the ones you're you're right or die. You do anything for them, and you know they do anything for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I found as I got older, I found once this thing took off, it became much harder for me to make friends because everybody just wants to talk to me about UK sports. So my core group of friends have no connection to the UK sports outside of you guys, honestly, And it's because and you and we don't talk about UK sports when we're just hanging out.
Speaker 4: No, we don't.
Speaker 3: So, but that's about Trump and when you meet people shut out.
Speaker 4: Look, we're all three laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you like to make fun of me, and that's fine. Uh, you know what I was making a deep point. You just have to be mister funny man.
Speaker 5: No, no, speaking of politics, the Internet tells me we were right or you all right. I didn't help. But the three biggest ever from Kentucky are Henry klay Ran Paul and John C. Breckenridge.
Speaker 4: Give it up. Yeah, look at that. We know more than the Internet.
Speaker 2: To be fair, you got two of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm a political science major presidential scholar.
Speaker 2: I thought you majored in something like law enforcement.
Speaker 4: I started criminal justice, but I flipped the mass communications. Put me on the track. I am where I am today.
Speaker 5: For sure's gonna say some about holiday and last night?
Speaker 2: What what a track?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 3: If I'm nine two aight oh twenty two eighty seven, we got a open line, give a shout this Chasar TJ.
Speaker 5: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them.
Speaker 1: Pay Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones work.
Speaker 2: I'm back in his Kentucky Sports Radio AF.
Speaker 3: I'm nine two aight oh twenty two eighty seven, text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. Here it's ks bar and grill. Uh, there's a disaster coming here in seven days. I hope people realize it. You have to have your real ID to get on a plane, and uh, I saw only forty percent of Americans have it.
Speaker 5: It's a disaster around Lexington. And can tell you just getting the appointment. I know people have been trying for weeks.
Speaker 2: Like you know when we fly to Scottsdale.
Speaker 3: My flight back is May eighth, So like I gotta take my pass for or I can't get on. And if I forget, and I know I'm gonna forget. I might just have to move to Scottsdale. I don't know what to do because they say they will not let you on. But I mean, we've had a long time to be fair to do this. Now Matt Bevin screwed it up. Remember Matt Bevin. Mate, it's where it was only eligible here for like in the last year and a half. You're supposed to have five years. He was against it, and so we only had a year and a half. But nevertheless I did have a year and a half and I didn't do it.
Speaker 2: So it's only me.
Speaker 3: But if only forty percent of Kentuckians, sorry it's sixty five percent of Americans, but only forty percent of Kentuckians have one, and they are gonna be people, you know, who are gonna show up to the airport on May seventh and not know about this and just gonna be told they can't go.
Speaker 2: You know that's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: We talked about this on Hay Kentucky whatever year that was years ago.
Speaker 3: I mean this was like ten years ago. And now you know, I bet the people at the airport are having to be trained about what's gonna happen when they stop people and say, oh.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have to put up with a bunch of crap with people that get upset because they didn't know because it's coming, I mean seven days away.
Speaker 4: So right now you can fly if you have a real ID or your passport. Both are acceptable.
Speaker 3: Well, right now you can have your license, but starting in seven days, you'll either have to have a real ID or.
Speaker 4: A past passport is still accept So.
Speaker 2: I'm still gonna use the passport because I don't have the real ID.
Speaker 3: And like, isn't there only can't you only get a real idea appointment like one day a week or something the like?
Speaker 5: Ridiculous. I don't know how many opportunities you have around here, but I know people who get up every morning and try to get one, and it's it's like getting Taylor Swift tickets trying to go get your real ID.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we do this every year. I'm going to reach you the Derby horses and I'll tell you what we'll do. You get you grade their name? Okay, eight to F.
Speaker 2: There we go in the one hole, citizen bull a.
Speaker 5: Uh see see you just set a low grade uh A through F.
Speaker 1: What do you got D plus D plus.
Speaker 3: Ryan's an easy grader, A like plus the two. Of course, how do you say this? Ne e O q u O S.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you how you say it? F how you say it?
Speaker 4: Give it a fat F F minus?
Speaker 2: What did you say it was?
Speaker 5: I just guessing. I don't know either.
Speaker 2: They both give F.
Speaker 5: I gotta go F to. I mean, so many people bet on names, and if people can't say the name, that's try.
Speaker 3: I get good odds because nobody wants to bet on what they can't say. Final gambit, I'm going B. I'm a big gambit fan.
Speaker 4: I'll go B because I like Queen's gambit, so I'll go B.
Speaker 3: Okay, Shannon, about your mind works D Shannon. The horses Rodriguez, This, by the way, is my pick to this. I think my early pick to win. I'm gonna go D.
Speaker 4: That one didn't do anything for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to see again.
Speaker 5: Very on original. There's lots of Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: Come up with something common, very very basic.
Speaker 3: It is sort of like the Spanish just naming your horse Jones. Yeah, you know, I mean that's kind of that's kind of what it is. American promise, I know, Ryan's.
Speaker 2: Gonna say A because it's patriotic.
Speaker 4: I definitely give it an A. These colors don't run.
Speaker 1: What are we promising though? American promise? There's no there's no follow up on.
Speaker 4: The promising that he is going to win the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll go P minus.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel patriotic when you said it. Yeah, it kind of had an image of Lee Greenwood in my mind that you said it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Lee Greenwood is the jockey admire Daytona.
Speaker 1: I've been to Daytonah, there's nothing to admire about Daytona.
Speaker 4: F Yeah, there's nothing, you know. Yeah, I give it a C because has got nice beaches.
Speaker 5: I'm roding Shannon's philosophy here. I don't want to admire Daytona.
Speaker 3: Luxir cafe, I have to. This is the only one I'm gonna give a grade too. I'm giving a grade to F. I got a food poisoning at the Luxer once in in in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Isn't that in the Venetian.
Speaker 2: Hotel the Luxe?
Speaker 5: But I think there's a luxer cafe, is it?
Speaker 2: Well? I got food poisoning and the restaurant in the actual.
Speaker 5: Luck what are you doing eating at the luxe or hungry?
Speaker 2: I got so give me an F. What do you got?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna decide with you because we know what happens when you get food poisoning. F.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going F.
Speaker 1: There's better places more like sucks or I'm gonna give it an F.
Speaker 2: Journalism the favorite.
Speaker 4: Oh I get this one an A plus plus. I'm a journalism major, journalistic for the dirty. That's one I picked in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's basic. I'm gonna go D again.
Speaker 5: I'm going D. Journalism is dead.
Speaker 2: What a terrible what you're meaning? So pessimistic?
Speaker 1: Burnham Square, Burnham Square, burn them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna n h A M.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means. So I'm gonna give it to D.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll give it a C just for being bland, just laying low here.
Speaker 3: YEA grande. I like my horses, like I like my burritos.
Speaker 4: A grande at the Starbucks, which I don't. I can't stand how they go with a fifty grande whatever it is, So I give that one an F.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go B.
Speaker 5: I like a Nacho's bell grande.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna give it a grande D, A big given.
Speaker 2: Not one grade higher than a D.
Speaker 3: I bet he gives a good one for this one, though, Flying Mohawk, Shannon.
Speaker 2: That's not bad minus. Sorry, it's the highest grade so far.
Speaker 5: I'll let Ryan go first on this one. Happen.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get my third A on Flying Mohawk.
Speaker 5: Okay, A plus because this is this is d Whitworth Beckman training it.
Speaker 2: That's our guy.
Speaker 5: That's our guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, An, I don't know anybody that lives on East Avenue. I don't know where there is an East Avenue, so I give it a D.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll go B Shannon D all right, Uh, publisher another journalism would.
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta go high. Then I'm gonna go at least a P plus on publisher. I'm more of a journalistic guy than a publisher guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm more of a publisher. So I'll go see I publish things.
Speaker 2: D D all right, Shad, how about this one tis tastic?
Speaker 4: Well, in honor of our friend j T. Everything was cattastic. I'm gonna have to give this one an A.
Speaker 5: I like Ti tastic. I think it's a great name. I'm going Dhon.
Speaker 1: I think it's a poor name.
Speaker 2: D render judgment.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure you're gonna give this one an A.
Speaker 2: It's an A. That's exactly what I do every day, render judgment. D D.
Speaker 5: I'm actually gonna hold off and not give one here. I'm gonna render judgment. I think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it. I'm a judge in a d.
Speaker 5: Okay, Shannon is not going.
Speaker 3: Uh cold bad co o a l coal battle for Eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: What do you got, Shannon d D? All Right, shut Drew.
Speaker 5: I'm going hey, that's also battle because you always forget the beautiful coal of western Kentucky. We have probably more than Eastern.
Speaker 2: Codes, the most beautiful, it's the cleanest.
Speaker 5: I'm a I'm a friend of coal, so I'm going all right, I'm a friend of coals.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go B plus Sandman. This is owned by a TikTok star Old.
Speaker 4: I'm giving an F.
Speaker 3: This is just for the record. When you watch the derby, everybody get ready, you're gonna hate this kid. You're gonna hate this kid. The kid that owns Sandman. He's like one of these TikTok He lived in a TikTok house, and I can already tell America is gonna hate this kid. I saw him at the draw. Just wait, just remember I said that he threw.
Speaker 5: Me off because I was picturing Sandman from ECW coming out with the counts Man completely flipping dancing the songs right de Monest then Shanner, that was.
Speaker 1: Like an enter Sandman Metallica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why you're probably gonna score a highway.
Speaker 3: Shannon's for the TikTok guy. All right, three more sovereignty.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to spell that, so I give it a D.
Speaker 3: Give it to give a shot, Give it a shot. How would you how would you spell sovereignty? S o U u V sovereignty? Okay, so so just no, no, no, keep going s o U B s o V right as you said, Okay, s.
Speaker 4: O u V e r e r.
Speaker 3: N n okay t y sovereignty.
Speaker 7: Read that back to us s o u V e r n t y sovereignty, which would be super sunty souvereignty s O V E r e i g n t y.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's a lot of letters. That's why I think I'm I'm a downgrade from a D to an f okay, Shnon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give me a d D.
Speaker 5: I'll go B because it made a good radio bit there with Ryan trying to spell it.
Speaker 8: Two more chunk of gold, Oh, I like I like that. I'll give that an a F.
Speaker 2: That's the bar too high, Shannon unk gold.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go B on that one.
Speaker 3: Now we have Shannon's Vandon. Shannon likes the TikToker and the chunk and go.
Speaker 4: And then finally Owen Almighty, Owen Almighty.
Speaker 2: Kind of cool name, like out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give that one a B plus. I kind of like that one.
Speaker 5: I like the dog Evan Almighty that comes to our shows in lot Bull. So I'm just gonna assume they know each other and I will go a B plus here, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Shannon d D.
Speaker 3: There we go, Shannon and is ds. That's the way it is, all right, our Oaks horse. By the way, again simply joking.
Speaker 2: You can go, hey, exactly right.
Speaker 3: You can go to Joincommonwealth dot com and be part of the ownership group. We have had four hundred of you so far join the simply joking ownership group. There's still time, but obviously the races tomorrow, so there's not that much time go to simply go to Joincommonwealth dot com. Use my code ks R, and someone that right that does with KSR will win two hundred and fifty dollars in credits on their horse.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Joincommonwealth dot com a lot of you. Uh, you can get the hats we're wearing the yah right now. Tomorrow's gonna be a lot of fun. We're gonna be there with simply joking with our hats. Mario's gonna be filming, we're gonna be cheering it on, and hopefully we're gonna be in the Winter Circle. I'm gonna tell you if they win, if they're not letting me in the Winter Circle, I'm getting in.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do like the people who called and.
Speaker 1: Asked for tickets, you and the other three hundred ninety nine people.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think all four hundred of us should be allowed. Why not into the Winter Circle simply joking. It's Joincommonwealth dot com. Get in today and join our group. There's some backside scoop. Yesterday, the Outriders said that Thursday's ear Wednesday's workout could not have gone better for simply joking.
Speaker 2: Nice gosh, we are gonna it's gonna be so fun. I thought that kid was here body'sself.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, we'll take a break right back this KSAR, welcome back, take you sports radio. If I'm nine two eight zero twenty two eighty seven, I forgot to say Render Judgment. That's Toby Keith horse. Toby Keith who passed away. He always wanted to have a Derby horse and he that horse he had and now it's gonna be in it and his wife will be there, so that'll be kind of an emotional thing for a guy who always really supported the business.
Speaker 2: And he'll he'll be in it.
Speaker 5: Friend of KSR from the Breeders couple, I have to have some trash of dogs in his honor as he's we're getting ready to watch Render Judgment run.
Speaker 3: I did want to know one thing last yesterday on three Sports, purchased Rivals yesterday, which for people who've been on the internet a long time is quite you know, it's quite a thing. I mean on three Rivals in twenty four to seven, kind of the three biggest college sports websites. You may remember on three when they created that company, their very first purchase was KSR.
Speaker 2: They bought us.
Speaker 3: They actually bought us like a year before the even started the company because they wanted to kind of make it the centerpiece. And they've now purchased rivals who's been doing it forever. For Kentucky fans. Why that matters is KSR is an on three site, and then the other kind of big site.
Speaker 2: Is Cat's Illustrated, which is a rival site.
Speaker 3: So they'll now be owned by the same ownership group. It was crazy when I heard this news. I did because you know, Cat's Illustrated has been our biggest competitor for years, I mean going back ten fifteen years. And now you know, it's like it's like when WWE shand and purchased WCW. You know, you've been you've been going at it all these years, and then all of a sudden, it's it's it's over. So right now, the plan is to keep both of the sites active in their own brands. Justin Rowland Jeff Drummond, those guys there do a great job. But now as far as for KSR fans, I think it's gonna long term give a lot of benefit to people on the KSR website, the KSR Plus site. I think you're gonna see it's a it's a massive thing for all of us. And you know, having been there at the creation kind of the start of on three, it's neat to watch it continue to grow because when we sold it, I was taking his word it was gonna work, and it has, so that's been good.
Speaker 4: It is kind of weird, like you said, you guys have been competitors all these years and now you're on the same team, but you're still gonna independently have their individual sites that people can still go to. But you're kind of on the same team now. So do you share stuff?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: Do you work with each other?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't share anything. I'm just kidding. I I uh know, we we'll we'll work together well.
Speaker 3: And you know, for years, justin Rowland and I kinda I don't think he liked me for a long time, but then that's changed in recent years.
Speaker 2: He and I, he and I get along, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Not gonna fight with anybody anymore, Like you know, you get old.
Speaker 2: What's the points.
Speaker 4: Well, we like Jef Drummond.
Speaker 5: Weve always Oh, I love Jeff Drumming. Yeah, big big Jeff Drummond.
Speaker 2: Few I's been big, big friends with him.
Speaker 3: So anyway, Drew, you and I used to always sit there and go, all right, how do we beat cats? Illustrate on this, and how do we do this? And then yesterday we just end up purchasing them.
Speaker 5: So coming together, you mentioned our history with ON three because KOSR is the first sight I'm employees zero zero zero one and the ON three I was the first ever first time I'm employee one in the company, So I'm excited it's growing and getting bigger. Also, little things like uh, chaos R articles just pop up on Yahoo. Now there's a big Yahoo connection because rivals had that.
Speaker 3: I even notice another thing, so if you on Yahoo are writing, will end.
Speaker 2: Up on it.
Speaker 3: There'll be some that's gonna be some really cool stuff going down the road with Yahoo, including there's a Yahoo Radio network, so we'll notice there's on three videos already at the top of Yahoo stories. You might just go read a Yahoo story and Nick Roush's big face might be right there at the top talking about Kentucky football. So very very cool, uh stuff, you know, coming along, I do have to ask you one thing before we go about your boy, your boy Belichick.
Speaker 5: He keeps getting worse.
Speaker 4: Man it's every day.
Speaker 3: I mean Charles Barkley last night said he was going to call Bill Belichick today and do a wellness check, which I can't believe he said that on television.
Speaker 2: You know, the stories keep getting more and more crazy.
Speaker 3: They released a statement yesterday which was supposedly from Bill Belichick but really sounded like.
Speaker 2: It was from her.
Speaker 3: Let me just ask you if you are at North Carolina, shit it right now. If you're the ad at North Carolina, what are you doing anything?
Speaker 1: Are you just still have a come to Jesus meeting I think with old Bill and just say, hey, man, like she can't be a part of everything that we do. She can't be out here on the field during practice. Yeah, you know you got to have that conversation.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you've been around coaches leave a side that she's twenty five years old and his girlfriend. Have you ever been around coaches that their spouses have been this much of a part of everything, Like she's not even a spouse. But let's just say in general, can you think of a coach where everyone knew the wife or girlfriend or they were as involved as.
Speaker 2: As she is.
Speaker 4: No, not at all. And that's what's crazy. For North Carolina, though, should be about Bill Belichick taking over the North Carolina football program, and the narrative is not. It's Bill Belichick with his relationship of the off the field.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm trying to think about coaches wives.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Craig Marshall's wife was known for yelling at the refs, but I don't remember her being known for being involved. Can you ever think of a coach whose wife or girlfriend was seen as being this involved in the coaching?
Speaker 2: You know of that stuff.
Speaker 5: I can't think of an example that's even close. You know a lot of their wives, like they'll show them on TV a lout in the crowd or other stories that involve them, but nothing like they're c seed on emails or get a production shut down on hard knocks.
Speaker 3: I can't think of one. I can't think of any coach. I mean, I'm like you, the only w I know her because they show them in the crowd, But I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, they showed Donna Smith.
Speaker 3: A lot, they showed Ellen, they show Mark Pope's wife, what's her name? I'm sorry, that's right, but I don't remember anything like this.
Speaker 4: Nothing left. They're so involved with their practice on the practice field. That's where they nor got a step in like Bill that if she's a good coach, well then hire on the staff. She's not a paid employee right now.
Speaker 2: Did you see that her son?
Speaker 3: So bell this this is this is to me the weirdest thing that's happened yet.
Speaker 2: Belichick's son's wife.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Steve Belichick's wife, who I believe is on the staff, right, isn't.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought you were asking his wife was no, no, Yeah, he's on Steve's on the zide.
Speaker 3: So Steve Belichick's wife, I guess, let's let's go. There was a there was a clip of Julian Edelman saying he understood Bill was good, like it was no big deal, and then Bill's daughter in law, Steve Belichick's wife, responded something like she.
Speaker 2: Needs to be careful. Blah blah blah. So like her face.
Speaker 3: His family member is commenting on Instagram post.
Speaker 2: That's his daughter in law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's where maybe the family needs to have it come to Jesus meeting with the day.
Speaker 2: Is she commenting on Instagram posts?
Speaker 4: Because it's what it's like internally, It's right, I think It shows how big this story really is, and every day or something else comes out there more and more worried about what's going on.
Speaker 3: Day tomorrow we will be at my house in Louisville doing the show, and then at the Oaks cheering on, simply joking. Thank you to all of you that came out today. Great to see you guys, and thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We'll see you later. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio