Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Everyone lais gentlemen, welcome to an episode of the bust In with the Boys Spring Tour. As I'm pulling up this ad, I want you guys to note that we are sitting with possibly the next left tackle for the Tennessee Titans. My word's not his. But first, let's talk about chevyll Chevrolet. It's a trusted company that has been innovating for the past one hundred years. Up to now, most electric vehicles have been either too expensive, too small, or too limited in capabilities for most people. Chevrolet is committed to making evs available for all Americans. There is a growing network of public charging stations. They're over nineteen hundred nineteen hundred certified Chevy EV dealerships. Chevy has convenient ways to research and shop EV's online. EV's for everyone, everywhere, everywhere. Dude, what an honor, absolute honor. Look at this unit, Briddy, You've got the look. For those of you who are watching on frame, the camera does add ten pounds is gonna matter for you? You look good. I saw them off the bus with Yeah. Get that smaller, that slender lower body that says I'm an athlete. But he's got the he's got the upper body that tells you listen.
Speaker 1: Now. I was because I was, I was gazing at him. Now.
Speaker 3: I was kind of look at the this afar and yeah, I was kind of like, look at that wide back, like he's kind of back and you're right, he's got some smaller you know.
Speaker 1: Don't touch him. Don't touch him like that. That makes it a little However, hiding under them shorts is a thunderstorm. He does have the tear drops bro quads like, I know you're just sitting here like we're gonna keep giving you flowers. Boy, he's built now, he's built like a Chevy and he moves.
Speaker 3: He does move. I say, yeah, your video is going viral. I think it was last week I tweeted that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. The hip movement is pretty incredible. Jump in the air as you see that running, you can run. You see that jump in the air. You could see you guys know, you could run the middle of the field in Tampa, Tuo better than me.
Speaker 2: I was watching his hands. I'm like, oh, this boy can move. Yeah, I can absolutely move. Welcome to the show Man, to have you here, man.
Speaker 1: It's great to be here. For be here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, seriously, I mean I've been watching the show a lot, you know, so.
Speaker 1: You t two tier three, Tier one. Oh, he don't watch a show like that like that.
Speaker 4: So I watched The last one I watched was with You with Coach Yeah Ziggler. Oh yeah, my high school Counselor episode was crazy. I was playing two K and I was listening to I was the whole time. I was like, damn, have.
Speaker 1: You talked to the Raiders? I have? Yeah, he talked to everybody. I mean he yeah, he's he's him. He is coaches or not coaching, I mean it's GM. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you were just doing a work out with with Are we allowed to say that? We say that his agents on the funness is good.
Speaker 1: With the team.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna see who the team is, but we will say the head coach and and incredible guy. And so he was seeing your praises a little bit with how you move and stuff like that, and where he could put you in all these different I'm not going.
Speaker 1: To go into that because that that was inside ball.
Speaker 3: Now that your agent's on the phone, top three places you want to play, I think, I mean, well, for me personally, I feel like, Uh, the first thing I look at is like taxes, the taxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so state taxes already? Tennis cool? Be I mean for Titan, that'd be cool. There's no state taxes there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, warm from Cincinnati, so I felt for me the weather is important to Miami. Miami would be cool. But they only need to tackle. Yeah, but I mean if.
Speaker 3: They needed a tackle, you are available, still available.
Speaker 1: But about guard? Would you play guard? I would? I would, yeah, I would after write it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter, I feel, especially in a guard world, A three point stance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would be either one. So you're coming to a three point stance to you look solid. Appreciate it, move, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Move.
Speaker 1: So Tennessee is on the table for you. Yeah. Really, at the end of the day, you don't have a choy.
Speaker 2: You could say you hate all the thirty two teams and one I'm still gonna pick you right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we didn't allow him to say his three Oh yeah, well I heard Tennessee. I would say, like, realistically, who like he needs a tackle? I would say Chicago.
Speaker 4: I would also say the Falcons be in Atlanta too, Yeah, Atlanta huge, Chicago, Atlanta yeah.
Speaker 1: Those would be the three right there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Who's who's off? Who do we not want not want? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Where do we not want to go? Buffalo don't need to tackle New York. Just a personal preference.
Speaker 4: Personal preferences, man, forty niners. I'm thinking about the city tax with San Francisco, then the state tax and how much it costs to live out there, you know. Yeah, that's all I said. And then you're paying to be on the team. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And they have the greatest left tackle in the history of he and they already got it. You know, they already got that guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know Buffalo as well, freezing state tax, New York state tax.
Speaker 4: But you like live in Ohio pretty much, you know. I've been up to Buffalo. Looks like Cincinnati but with snow everywhere. Yeah, you know, but you're paying to live in New York.
Speaker 1: So being a.
Speaker 2: Cat from Cincinnati. When you see them sign Orlando Brown, was there a piece of you that was like, damn.
Speaker 4: I wasn't always the biggest the Bengals fan really growing up, so I've never had.
Speaker 2: A whole root for when you were growing up until the last four five years, not a whole lot to root for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: It's it's one of those things like when you're a kid, you don't really come out saying you're a Bengals fan, because then you know, you get it's kind of you know, you're kind of ashamed, you know what I mean, because there was a whole lot going.
Speaker 1: On, you know, anymore that's fair, but not anymore, but yeah, what I mean. But it's changed, it's changed completely.
Speaker 4: But I think because that as a kid, I can't say as a kid, I watched the Bengals like I wanted to play for the Bengals. Like when I was a kid, I used to play on a litterle League team called the Outlaws. You wore the silver and black. As a kid, I'm like, I want to play for the Raiders. They were the Solver and black. They're trying to dress like us. Yeah, it's naturally, don't play you know, keep the colors. Yeah, I'll say as a kid, I watched them more than I watched the Bengals.
Speaker 1: Your Raiders fan growing up a little bit, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Raiders have the coolest uniforms in the NFL. And it's not even an argument. Yeah, by far. How's how's the draft process been treating you?
Speaker 1: It's been cool. It's been cool.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's been long, but I can't say it's been tiring, only because like I don't know, I feel like your whole life, this is what you want, and then I feel like you get here for three years and then you work and it's like yo, like that's what I've been working for. It's cool to be able to have moments like this, but be able to talk to to talk to head coaches and be able to tap them up and be able to talk to tell them what I'm about, the type of stuff I want to do, and how it can contribute.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: Real what is uh, What's something that you feel like you were excited to either whether it's a dress or get head on that you know could be like on your scouting report that could be a blemish of you.
Speaker 4: I think being able to talk about but I think in the run game, in the past game, I think the thing that I've been talking with a lot of teams about with something that I've been I've been trying to work on a lot this past offseason well, going to the draft, is my my hand my hand usage, whether that's the timing, where it's the placement. I would say one thing, I'm good as being able to work the refit, but how but you know the consistency of being able to have my hands in the right spot from the jump. I'm not having to be an athlete to refit and fight and finished to have it in there from the beginning. I think being able to talk about that and being able to do that is going to be huge for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the hand thing, we have a little inside ball real quick when it comes to pass pro punch earlier than you think you should.
Speaker 1: That's always going to help you on that. And then the run game.
Speaker 2: Try to punch like where your your mouth is going to be is naturally is going to go lower because you're not gonna want to hit your fingers in your face mask.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be right in that perfect spot.
Speaker 2: Like a little cues you can tell yourself in that something you can take with you, dude, if you want.
Speaker 1: But I heard the hand thing and change in the pocket. I see you give some games.
Speaker 2: Sometimes there's a little game out there, and I feel like this is an opportunity for me to give it the train station at the Combine, like preparing for that. Obviously everyone sees you running around doing the drills. You didn't do the forty at the Combine. But going into those meetings and those interviews, how many of those official interviews.
Speaker 1: Did you have? I had twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot those that schedule that that that is a lot to deal with because you're not you were a Rear Richard junior.
Speaker 1: Correct, you're a senior. No, I'm a junior.
Speaker 2: You're a junior. So there was no there was no Senior Bowl and things. Usually that's when a lot of guys get that out of the way. Yeah, so when you're going to that process, what.
Speaker 1: Do we talk about the train station?
Speaker 2: Train station is at the Combine. There's there's two separate interview processes. There's like official interviews, which is like the team and it's all used to being like those conductor hotels.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the same anymore.
Speaker 4: So now it's inside the stadium, so now it's it's in the school. Okay, But you're running from suite the sweet Sometimes you have a guy, sometimes you're on your own.
Speaker 1: You're spread on the hallway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they'd had this big room and you literally like checking, like I was online twenty three, i would put my on line twenty three and I'd turn around there be like a bunch of coaches waiting for me. Those are like informal interviews and then there's official interviews where you would go to now the suites, but it used to be in these like this hotel that would have literally trained trucks, trains, and like you would go from one to the next, like meeting with official teams. That's where like the GM would be, the head coach would be. And you said you had twenty of those, Yeah, what when you were working through that process, Like how much did you focus on how to answer questions and how to like explain like like when you sit down with the coaches, they're going to ask you off the wall stuff and playbook stuff, Like how much did you study for that compared to getting ready for like the drills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I would say it was like, honestly, I would say the time I spent trying to prepare for those interviews would be about the same that I spent on the field.
Speaker 1: So each day I called.
Speaker 4: My GA with Mike so any I called him and each day I did the board work with him. We watched film every day. I got my answers on Okay, did this wrong? But what's the reason what I've done better?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 4: This play has success. But let's let's talk about my second step here? How could this block have have been different? I'm talking with so each day I'm doing a board work with him on FaceTime, holding my phone up on one hand, drawn plays the other hand, trying to master our offense, frying the master offense. I'm trying to learn to read the defense is at a different level than if I'm here every day also taking classes, also in the weight room here doing stuff I had more time. It'll be on face some of him and he's you know, he's a ja here, so he still has classes. So I mean, I'm I'm I'm thanking him every day because he took time of his day to help me out, which is huge.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, you know, it's huge.
Speaker 3: You know, Dore, anything you learned in the process about yourself that you didn't already know just being on the border, hearing any feedback or anything else, whether it's strengths, was your whether it's weaknesses I think.
Speaker 4: I feel like for me just noticing the patterns of my game, and I would say things that I need to continue to work on.
Speaker 1: Is that like?
Speaker 4: But one thing for me that I'm containing to work on, and you could tell me if you ever experienced this, is that sometimes I get to my spot, I feel like I'm fast out of my stance. A lot of times I beat people to my spot and then so you have a lot of time there and then well by the time that they I come to the junk boys make contact. Sometimes when I make contact and I bring my right hand across, it opens up my left hip the case a shorter edge. But I mean I use my athleticism to beat them around the pocket. But in the league, how many times is that athletics isn't going to be there for you? So I feel like I want to get rid of that so I'm not having to rely on that, you know what I mean. And I put myself in that situation because the defensive line is not doing that me with how I'm using my hands or the discipline of my outside hip keep it closed. I can stay square for one more I don't know out You know, if you had I was in college. For you or some of you worked on with.
Speaker 2: Them, Yeah, punching across I was very similar in I was very quick out of my stands. I was very big on cadence and getting out. Yeah, So a lot of times I would beat them to the junction point as well. For me, it was how do I get to a point where I know I'm beating them to where? Because I would always cut the guy off in half, like I would look at and then I would cut off the inside half, So I'd almost always focus on that armpit. Then what I would do is I would try to punch the armpit and like the outside shoulder because if you miss, and if you're punching early enough, that's when you can use that hip to keep it open and go. For me, it was always the inside move because I knew, no matter what, I'm gonna be able to run this guy around the edge. That's not going to ever be a problem for me. The issue was opening those hips. Now it's hard to get that hip, that right hip back turned around and wash them down deep enough because when you get at that point, you're hitting that four or five yards.
Speaker 1: Now you're in the quarterbacks area.
Speaker 2: Right if he makes an inside move, so as far as the hip goes, when you get to the juncture point, instead of thinking I have taken more kicks if they think of I just just pattered my feet where I'm at and I saw you doing a good job of that. When you're doing your workout with the head coach Arthur Smith, not going to say the team you would get out of your set, you would take two three sets, and you would patter your feet. Whenever I would beat somebody, I would do that same thing. I would try to patter my feet as much as possible. That way, if they made a move, I wasn't stuck in the mud with one foot or the other right, and then from there it's just tuning up your punch. That's where that first thing I told you is punching early. If you punch early because you're a long dude, that gives you all that time to recover from whatever move they've made.
Speaker 1: There's different things you canna do.
Speaker 2: You can flash, you can jump, but also knowing who you're playing as well, you're playing a big, burly dude like you don't need to get.
Speaker 1: Out of your stance at all. You have the snapcount.
Speaker 2: You have all this yet the speed guys, I like to have a little space, like let's take away their fastball and we'll move on from there, like make them bully you type shoah. But that'll be it easy if you go to a place like the Titans. Mike Sullivan, he was I was with him my rookie year, and I had a whole bunch of little like quirk that I would do that was not great at He really.
Speaker 1: Worked that rust off of you.
Speaker 2: He'll do stuff with you in the beginning of practice after practice, and it's just incremental differences that he can help with.
Speaker 1: So that is, brother, You're gonna be. You're gonna be just fine. Your athletic ability alone.
Speaker 2: Like when I was looking when I came and did the combine with Joe and them, and I'm looking at the players I started watching film, it seemed to me like I'm not I would not sit here and say you're the most complete offensive lineman in this draft, because I think that guy from Northwestern, he seems from a technical standpoint, a little farther along. But I don't think that's necessarily a better thing for him. I think his ceiling is a little bit is lower. You have the potential with your athletic ability, you could be that guy that's a perennial Pro Bowl guy with you just the way your feet moving, stuff like that. But you need a coach in there to develop you the right way, right, you know what I'm saying that I.
Speaker 1: Think you're going to be. You're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: I think another thing he asked you just sitting here with them and talk to him, and just the engagement. He seems very intentional with the way he thinks. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like he's very You're aware, you're conscious, like even the text thing is small, but like you're just thinking of things already where you're you're like wise beyond your years. What are you twenty one one? Yeah, which is insane. Yeah, I mean that's insane. I think you have a really good head on your shoulders, so I think you have that going for you too.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it is the key.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't don't don't don't you feel like yeah, because answer your question his eyes get big. You just kind of feel like, Okay, he's very serious about it.
Speaker 2: Feels like everything, especially if you watch our show, like we're a high paced show. Yeah, I think a lot of times if a guest does watch, they want to keep up at the high pace. But you take the time to kind of look away, gather your thoughts and speak, And that's a that's a good quality to have that I don't I definitely don't possess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's awesome. I'm saying. Yeah, I'm literally just engaging. Yeah, you don't EU a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when at the combine the reason why, because you're an athletic dude, what was the reason why you didn't run the forty Yeah.
Speaker 4: So for me, I feel like I kind of wanted to let my tape just kind of do the talking for me because I feel like I want to. I mean, I did that be out a drills. But at the same time, I feel like, for me, I think people know the speed that I play. I fact, I've taped from when I'm at guard, when I'm at tackling, I'm pulling them in space, I'm on safeties and corners. I haven't been beat by a safety corner, you know. I'm I'm able to get to get to them in space. So I think just being able to show my speed the second and third level it is shown on film and the change of direction that I have, so I felt like for me, I mean I trained for it the whole time when I was down to Pensacola, and it was one of those things where you know, right before the combine, I was there like man like that one of these drills because I feel like for O line it's really more of a I mean, I felt it's the same for all positions in a way, but perfect for O line. It's like the drafts and an O line guy to do O line functional movement compared to you know, shorts touch that can't touches can't touch that. You know what I mean, I'm doing all that. The quarterback messed up somehow, you know what I mean. If I'm really good at doing that all the time, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you you have that athletic ability.
Speaker 2: And I saw the numbers, like the number weren't astounding by any any means. Of the guys that did run the forty, do you think you would have ran the fastest forty there?
Speaker 1: I think I would have ran, uh the first or second in the forty. What was the fastest, like a four nine eight?
Speaker 4: I think the fastest one was from Blake Freeland. You know think he ran up for below four nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was pretty impressive. It was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four nine is very fast. But I saw a lot of those guys. A lot of dudes were five five to one. And then I was looking at you. I was like, man, this dude's about to run a four eight something. He's got the build, get the squads. Yeah, it was what did you bench?
Speaker 1: I benched twenty nine?
Speaker 2: Twenty nine? A minus or plus you at all? Or I minus you at all? I don't play no, Yeah, kept it on it the whole.
Speaker 1: I kept it on.
Speaker 4: I kept it when I was doing it, I thought, I mean when I was done, I got up. I was so mad. I was screaming. I was like god, and I thought I was twenty one or something. Oh man, well yeah you thought it was twenty one, but was twenty one.
Speaker 1: I wasn't counting at all. I was just banging it, obviously, No, you missed eight reps in your head, just banging it out. I say, man, I thought I got sixteen. Yeah. I was just banging it out. And I got up. I'm mad, and they're like twenty nine.
Speaker 4: I immediately I looked up at I looked up, you know, and I was like, that's all got.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Training, I got like maybe the most, like twenty seven. And I told every coach that I'm getting twenty I'm getting I'm getting twenty seven and thirty. I said it the whole week. So when I'm in the night before, I'm like, yo, I forget. I gotta get at least twenty seven. Yeah, I told every coach. So I got twenty nine. I call my strength coach was my first call, and then call my mom and I thank god.
Speaker 1: I was like, awesome. So was that the thing you were most stressed out about at the combine bench? Brass, I would love that a little bit because of reps on the bench it was the most stressed stressful thing. Dude, Well it.
Speaker 3: Is, but I feel like it's stressful because you just want to crush it, dude, you know what I mean, like more of the ego thought than actually this matters, Like you know, I would think like the interviews were probably forty something physically.
Speaker 2: The forty to me was the most stressful. Yeah, like you wonder I wanted to run trying to show out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was did you run the fastest time. Yes, you get the record right, No, none of the records like a four six seven. Yeah it was on Toron Armstead, isn't that?
Speaker 2: But he was like he read it like he rented a two hundred and eighty pounds. Oh really, Yes, I was gonna say massive blemish. Yeah, it's still a stuff like, don't get me wrong. Still, even your boy Trent Williams, he really a four eighty three or something like that. Yes, goa goo. But he is a monster.
Speaker 1: He is a monster dude.
Speaker 3: But hey, yeah, he's a freak, one of the best to ever do it at that position. Outside of like being a physical specimen, Like, let's talk mental side, like who are some mentors that you lean on in your life or what are some things that you look to, whether it's things that you listen to, things that you read, like what helps you develop kind of this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I mean I will say like and in my life, in my circle, I would say my mom is huge for me. She I mean when I was a kid, it was just me and my mom my sister. So I was say for her, I saw her she sacrificed a whole lot. So for me, I saw the toughness from the jump because me and my sister, she played no games at all, so certain things I feel like I come to her with a lot on the football side of things. More like Willie Anderson, which you met him at the combine. I don't know if you guys have met before in the past, but like I talk what he's been training me. I was a sophomore in high school, so with stuff like that, I come to him with a lot of my football stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that they helped keep your head on straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you are young, like twenty one, Like, what power to you getting in the league at twenty one?
Speaker 1: You're gonna say you can see a few contracts. Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 2: When you're looking at a place of Ohio State, was that growing up? Was like I want to go to Ohio State no matter what? Or was there other schools that you're involved with?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So as a kid yeah, so as a kid, yeah, I mean as a kid. So my my mom my dad, they both went to Miami, Ohio. So as a kid, the dream the dream school was there.
Speaker 1: Miami, Ohio, Miami Ohio. I was the dream school. That was a dreams school.
Speaker 2: They just played in the Arizona ble against and in the barstool Arizonable, the red.
Speaker 4: Hawks, the red Hawks, the red the red Hawks, Ohio University.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I never said I was good at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so when I was a kid that I felt like for me like that, that was a dream player where my dad was, my my my cousin played there. He was the main orde receivers for Ben Roethlisberger and he is in Miami. I've been running around here so I was two years old, so I felt like it was only right that I continued there. But my mom, she told me I couldn't even I got the offer. She got an offer from Ohio State and a team up north before I got there. Took him a long time to come.
Speaker 1: Around or offer for me.
Speaker 4: But but my mom, My mom's siwe of the family. She's from Detroit. So for me, I grew up washing the Wolverines. I grew up watching Michigan State. So once she told me I couldn't play in the MAC, she you know, I I started to look at you couldn't playing the MAC.
Speaker 1: They weren't good enough. Yeah, so what she told.
Speaker 3: Me, so.
Speaker 2: If you would have gone to Miami of Ohio he'd still be probably yeah, well no questions.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying like it had been that had have been like thank you so much. Yeah, I'm gonna be named after him. Yeah yeah, So I mean it was cool. It was cool.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I like, as a kid, like Ohio State since since they're they're from there. For me, like if we watched the game, I was to watch the other side, you know, so when I came, so I eventually came here. It's kind of crazy because like as a kid, when I watched the game, I was watching over ens, you know.
Speaker 1: Now you know, just being here.
Speaker 4: I honestly came here because you know, I came here for the family and the brotherhood and the guys they came before. It showed the way, but really getting recruited from Coach Mina and his philosophy and his history of just winning, and then with Coach Day and the family vibe he brought and the winning coach I feel like he had. I felt like, you know, I feel like that that's that's what ultimate. It brought me here.
Speaker 3: Talk more about the family vibe better coach Day that Coach Day brings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I would say like he's a true players.
Speaker 1: Coach.
Speaker 4: I would say, you know, he's type of coach where but when you come around, it's not like you're like, you know when you change up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So he comes to the room and you're, you know, you're excited to see him come in the room. I would just say the way the way he coaches, and the way like he inspires, and the way he's only one of his coach. I felt just too, there's a coach where you play you guys, know, like where you played good for a coach who you might might fear, like not trying to get yelled at, trying not to make a mistake. He played a different level. When I think there's a coach where like you're trying to press that coach. You're trying to you know, you like love that coach in a way where like you play a whole different way without any fear, without any word or anything.
Speaker 1: You just want to win for him.
Speaker 4: You just want to win for him because you appreciate him that much, versus like I don't want him to say anything. So I'm just kind of like, do you understand It's like I hope you know I do the right thing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean absolutely like Verbel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with your process coming out as a junior, did you say I.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah, like Verbel?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, talking about the coach that you kind of you kind of like, guy, I don't want to fuck up?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Raybe will put you on blast?
Speaker 1: Wait we're paying you? How much money? Harris? What is this? And it was for the whole entire team.
Speaker 2: What you like, I'm un drafted cat like putting a spin move on you and you're just like, oh my god, I'm gonna get Did you.
Speaker 1: Want an interview? I did. I was the interview. It was cool.
Speaker 4: I mean it was cool trying to be trying to be a big dog you I mean no, no, but I mean I mean as soon as I came in. I came in, I had a whole bunch of stuff. Man, I like two backpacks, I got the combine water bottle is huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me from going camping. And I'm like no, I was like no, no, no, don't laugh at you know, laugh No. But I'm more so loving because you know, Ray would say some ship like that, what do you like? What do you say? Like this, like what are you going camping? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then it was so funny. I mean, he said a couple of things that were so funny, and I will laugh and then like, I will laugh and hold room and laugh, and I peak in a corner and he has the most serious face. He just said the funniest thing in the world, but like his the most serious face. That was a test. I'm laughing, I'm like, and then I lock in too. He's locked and I'm locked in. Yeah, but dude, he sees I mean, he was a cool guy.
Speaker 1: He serious.
Speaker 4: I guess that was humor. It was like kind of a serious it's funny, big dog.
Speaker 1: It's an alpha humor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But you don't seem like a chirpy guy, like a guy that's gonna talk back or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Are you a chirpy guy?
Speaker 4: But when I'm on the field a little bit, I mean, I would say, I mean, when I'm on the field, I kind of I don't talk until we score because besides that, I'm getting a player car and I'm trying to breathe. But you can talking as much you. I'm just said, looking at you breathing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That such a line of response. I talked to my guard, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 4: And once once we score and on field go I'm talking crazy on field goal. That's talk crazy on field goals, extra play and I'm going you know, so I'm talking crazy. And then that's usually when it comes back to bite me because I've done all that talking on touchdown.
Speaker 1: Then they load up right on me. They don't even care about the.
Speaker 2: Kick, you dummy. Get on that wing, dude, the wings where you want to be on field goal?
Speaker 1: I was right in the middle of I was right in the middle. You know they're going to put him like it, you know. Yeah, the worst place to be is the tight end position on field goal. I heard that, but it seems easy. You're going against like guys, you want to you want us to cut that.
Speaker 2: You definitely want to cutch that because they will put you at the ton of position. Brother, you have one on the right, one the left, and one right.
Speaker 1: In the face.
Speaker 2: That's where they try to come at you in the NFL, huh they And then the best is being the wing and you gotta just watch him get demolished. Then some little corners like all right, that fucking sucks. I was in the a This is not about me. This the show is not about me.
Speaker 1: My brother. I got demolish playing T my rookie year. I hated it.
Speaker 2: Clay Matthews, That's all I'm gonna says. A bit of a deal you anything else for the boy?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Man, this has been awesome. Yeah, you seem you seem like a very humble individual.
Speaker 3: Two things from JP did not allow a sack on four hundred and four hundred and forty nine past blocking snaps.
Speaker 1: Didn't allow us sack. Who's the hardest to block?
Speaker 4: I would say probably the JT from here from from Ohio State. He was my roommate this past year. Dude is a beast. He's a freak. He's like six five, two seventy. He's versatile, speed and power. Yeah, and I'll say with him, I would say he kind of prepared me a lot this past season. From all he was like, I don't know if you saw the Penn State game. P State Penn State game. He had like fifty six touchdowns. Damn he was going stupid.
Speaker 1: He's a or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, did he went off, went interception, he had a sack, force recovery, two touchdowns, went crazy, went crazy in that game.
Speaker 4: Outside of your own teammates was some of the teammates. I would say Carter from Georgia.
Speaker 1: He was the beast.
Speaker 4: I would say it was good, It was good. I like who first played the game? That wasn't the first place? I think was the third played the game? Was a te and im the d n inside and the Carter comes around.
Speaker 1: I don't like, still a little hunt move.
Speaker 4: So I slammed down on him and he took his inside hand and hit nothing but chance strap. I was like, yo, sec is different.
Speaker 1: We can't. We gotta cut that part. Yeah, Big ten football, brother, right, we were a Big ten. We were big. We were a pro Big ten se different. Like, No, we've asked this question to your head coach and your OC.
Speaker 2: If you guys didn't make the College Fwall Playoff, would you guys have been rooting for Michigan to win?
Speaker 1: Not at all? No, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, No, it'll not be selfish nonga to think about it. Let me just put this in your head for a SECONDU. I already had to do this two times. I'll do it one more time and that's all I'm gonna do it. The Big Ten is the second best conference in college for war right now, because the national Championship trophy just lives in the SEC. We need to band together as a conference and root for whoever is in the college wall playoffs.
Speaker 1: You obays hear that. Watch the Game of Thrones. I watched it. Here's so, what do the Game of Thrones do?
Speaker 3: The Seven Kingdoms when they're all battling, they put down the rivalries because they had to. They had to defeat the White Walkers first, so they kind of made peace for a minute. But hey, once the White Walkers are done, we're all back in. We're all back on our ship. The White Walker right now is the SEC. Once we defeat the SEC and bring that trophy back to the Big ten, then we can get back to hating each other.
Speaker 1: Would that not make sense in a situation like that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But like you remember, but what's the like one lady, the lady who all her daughters died, Our kids died, remember them talking about? Oh? Yes, remember she wasn't going for that. She wasn't trying to back down. The game took her so long though, you know what I mean, she really wasn't trying to get on board. We're not gonna talk about what happened to her necessarily, we're not going to. But at the same time though, like that's kind of like us with really, yeah, we's to think if if Nebraska is in the playoffs, man, let's go to your thing. But we can't do it with the Wolverines though, you know what I mean, like you can't, Like it's just you can't. This motherfucker for you. They did, they did.
Speaker 1: Didn't go to Michigan.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I love Coach School always kind of my school.
Speaker 1: What flips you to Ohio State if you grew up kind of watching the Wolverines. Yeah, I think just time of Coach Meyer. I mean I just I mean mom was the deniment. I my mom.
Speaker 4: She was, she loves she loves Coach Harball. I mean she she talked a long time. I mean he was I know, but I mean I don't know Nebraska. No, you were from now though, I would if they went to the playoffs over if they.
Speaker 1: Over wore, give you a fight of your life. Afraid to say Michigan was crazy.
Speaker 4: That game was crazy? Well yeah we won all the field goals. Yeah, that game. They're the best three and nine team to ever exist that year without it, like that that's like a thing because they lost by like a come by.
Speaker 1: They lost by.
Speaker 4: Like maybe an average of like three four points every game, every game, four points.
Speaker 1: Away from being in the playoffs. He watches enough. He says that the best three and nineteen what exist? What number do you want to wear in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Question?
Speaker 1: The reason why we're number seventy seven.
Speaker 4: So originally, so I as soon as I got the high school and I switched to tackle my my head coach at the time, he just gave it to me. He was like, the last got to wear it was a dog, So I'm gonna give it to you. At the time, I was only on special team, so I was like, I was a field goal specialist. So I caught myself when we ran out there when they scored, so I was a field goal specialist.
Speaker 1: There we go, boys shine.
Speaker 4: So that's why I did is a sophomore until eventually someone got hurt and then that's when I just took over from there and the end of the season.
Speaker 1: But that's kind of why I wear it.
Speaker 4: But now, like those things like when I came to the house, stay like I talked to coach day and I'm like, yo, like I talked because in the end it came down here Lsu and I was like, coach Day, I talked. It was someone coach Myles, when I come here, I want to have that number because some already had it. And I was like, I want to have that number and he was like, we'll get it done. And I talked. And then when he left, Day came, I was like, you know, I don't worry about the number. Is just a number. You'll come here and I'm like, I talked to coach oh Lsu. He said he was gonna do who is gonna leave? So I'm gonna get the number. I was like, I need seventy seven to come on the house date. Then they moved, people started changing numbers and.
Speaker 1: I came right for me, it was that important. I just it just looks clean. I'm with you the best lever for you know.
Speaker 4: I was talking mom about it, like, you know, if I don't get it in the NFL, Like what would I do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I let means the ball out.
Speaker 4: I mean I would I wouldn't know what number, Like like you pay I got seventy three, will.
Speaker 2: You pay another player? If a guy who's wearing seventy seventy. Say, hey, hey, what's gonna cost to get that number?
Speaker 1: Like a realistic price? Though?
Speaker 4: Ten thousand, ten thousand, okay, because I was talking on my teammate.
Speaker 1: They're making pay the numbers. Seventy seven thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh, it could be seventy seven thousand, but I know guys get numbers for like ten thousand and fifteen thousand. Me I would pay my whole entire salary to be number seventy seven. I'm not ever gonna wear like fifty.
Speaker 3: One one is a left ackle bull rushes straight.
Speaker 2: Seventy one built for that bull rush though, come on now, seventy one seven seven, those are really the only two numbers. I think that's I think.
Speaker 1: That's a cool number, but it's not seventy seven. I gotta respect the sevens.
Speaker 4: I talked my teammate there with the Raiders, and I'm like, if I go to Raiders, I was like, you know, he's my cousin too, So I was like, hey, like, if I give you ten thousand for maybe twenty thousand for it. If I came like, diuld you give it to me, It's like I'll sell it to you for forty five thousand.
Speaker 1: You got to give him that money.
Speaker 4: I was like, you're wolding forty five. I think tom Brady paid like thirty. I got Brady, tom Brady.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady was like, hey, I want your number. I'd be like, will you sign a jersey for me? I'll be like yeah, So I'd be like, you can have my number in my cleats it's tom Brady. Yeah, you know, get my number, you know, whatever you want. Brother, But like, yeah, listen, don't think of it like this. They don't think us, Hey, this is forty five thousand dollars. They us like, this is the legacy you want to have with that number? Now it's an infinite amount.
Speaker 3: Or if you're gonna pay money for a number, then maybe let's not talk about state taxes. You're paying for one or the other. You know what I'm saying. Charitable Cousture, right off, right, right?
Speaker 1: What was it? Capstone? Hey, three years journalism? Yeah. I was scared to ask if I was gonna be like general studies like.
Speaker 2: Him, Uh, talk to us about your educ your educat hold on, I got this in three years.
Speaker 3: So we got our guy, and he's just raving about parents, just being a stud in the classroom three year graduate journalism school.
Speaker 1: What did he say about the cap thing he did.
Speaker 2: A cap a capstone report that he did during season that they couldn't believe that he did. So two questions. How was like, how hard was it to get your degree in those three years?
Speaker 1: Then? Who did that project for you during the season?
Speaker 4: So so so one, I would say, that's part of the reason why I left high school.
Speaker 1: I mean I switched high schools.
Speaker 4: I went for private public my senior year so I can earlier role because I wanted to get in three years. I haven't seen anybody in Ohio state go in the first round and get their degree in three years. One of the other I was like, I had to challenge myself. I'm like, why not do both? My mom her backgrounds and education, So like she she worked Mima Ohio. She was like the she was like the the what's it called? You don't know her name with Dina, but she was like the academic advisor.
Speaker 1: Didn't he didn't play it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, she was on it.
Speaker 4: So she was there for Ben Roethlisberg and for Sean McVay makeing sure I went the class.
Speaker 1: So it was my turn. She was on me.
Speaker 4: So the first day, So the first day before campus, when I was doing classes, I'm like on two I'm like, I'm playing video games on two. K. He's okay, you should help me sign up for his classes. I'm like, now you got it, that's your background, you got it. You pick, I'll go. I'm signing for eighteen credit hours at the Gate. I'm taking classes with juniors. Seniors. You know, I'm walking up to the teacher to ask questions. I didn't know to use the bathroom. I didn't know anybody, you know what I mean. So she set me up for a hard semester. But in a way, it kind of helped me out. I took all the hard classes at the Gate, where the rest got easy. And with the capstone project, it's only like one paper for the whole semester, but that's your whole grade. And it's me and and so it was it was me and a classmate. And he's a cool guy and he's on a volleyball team. So we worked on it together. Obviously in season I had different responsibilities that he did, and it's awesome. It's because honestly, he was a good partner to you know what, I mean, because you know, he was out of season. I'm in season. There's certain things I would take care of. All the work with that class, Monday Tuesday, I would take as much on well, from from Sunday to Monday Tuesday, a little bit of Wednesday, because on Thursday and on it exists for me, you know what I mean. So I tried to take care of as much as I can. And yeah, he'll be there on draft. I mean, no, no, but that's my guy.
Speaker 2: My god, he's got some Quentin Nelson vibe to him. Yeah, calm but confident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and kind of a not in a bad way. That was not a negative at all Nelson you know. Quote. Yeah, he's very from super Guard. Yeah, I think he's just called super Guard in general. He's a dude. Yeah, there's no question about it. Brother. Did we have anything else? I was gonna say, are you going to the draft? I am? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where's the that's in Kansas City this year, right in the city. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: And uh, Oklahoma, Joe's Oklahoma, Joe's Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got yeah, you got a uh you got a little beef jerky? Yeah? What we got here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I hooking the boys up Paris cut.
Speaker 4: You got some Paris cuts. It a pretty good I'm not gonna cut.
Speaker 3: What's the company here? Charkou Charkey Sharkey Jerky company, Charkey Jerky company, Taylor, you know what we have to do it? Fourteen?
Speaker 1: What's the review team? Live review? Extremely tender. You're a little nervous right now. I'm not nervous, man. How did you know? Did you?
Speaker 5: Little?
Speaker 1: Nice smell? Alright?
Speaker 5: Here we go Parris, Paris, Paris is cut his analyzing right now? What do you think?
Speaker 1: I love the smell coming out of the gate, sweet and smoky. You can smell that.
Speaker 3: I love the moisture in a jerky because you can go to the gas station you find dry jerky like that.
Speaker 1: It is hard hard ride.
Speaker 3: When I touch I had to kind of lick my fingertips, just because it's got that moisture on there, which is a good thing.
Speaker 1: It's a little juicy, sweet and smoky.
Speaker 3: I think the sweetness could come out a little litle bit more, but the smokiness is there now. I taste that peprikin. It's got a little garlic flavor as well, kind of brings it out a good chew. I would like a little bit more, a little bit more chewiness to it. However, I think the ratio of the combination of it compliments each other very well. Overall, I think I see myself four point five. Four point five, Yeah, four point five. I like that answer. Yeah, I think it's strong. I felt good giving that. Yeah, that was good Paris cut. I agree with William when it comes to the sweet and smoky. I think the smoky you get that, give that a roama right off the top. As soon as you open up the back, you know, hey, I'm in for a little bit of a smoky experience here.
Speaker 2: Yes, you reach your hand on down in there, and you can feel the texture, you can feel the moisture in the bag, which a lot of people like that real chewy, tough jerky.
Speaker 1: Me personally, I'm not got sensitive teeth. I like to make sure they get some chew in there.
Speaker 2: I liked the smoky part, or would like to have a little more sweet, not because I enjoy sweet jerky, but because if it says it on the bag a little bit, I'm expecting a.
Speaker 1: Little more sweetness.
Speaker 2: I did enjoy the subtle hints of heat that came through as I chewed morange at the jerky. Yeah, and I did like a girl. I'm a big girlic guy. I enjoyed that a lot. I also noticed that your partnered with A second and seven, which is part of a Mike Rabels Foundation.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so great foundation obviously going to a good cause of phenomenal picture of you right here. It looks sharp in that outstanding I guess if I had to give it a rating, you gotta put a number on it. Yeah, I know it's tough because it's it's good jerky, and I was pleasantly surprised by the heat I got towards the middle of that bite. I'm gonna give it a let me give it a four point five. Yeah, we'll take it. What'd you think of that whole description? I mean, I thought that was deep. I mean I thought that was pretty deep. I thought the way you analyze the sweet and smokiness and even touch and the chewiness.
Speaker 1: I thought, would you almost retaste it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I could almost. I was starting to think about like a little heat and a little garlic. I'm like, I didn't, I didn't even really even since the now you say, I can taste the gardic a little bit now in my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna taste all of that. Sarahbellum back there, yeah yeah, coming back to me. Are you go ahead? Are you coming to show tonight? Yeah? Yeah yeah, Are you really? Yeah? I don't know what time it is, but I heard about it and I don't want to come.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I be honest, you have me nobody else. Yeah, that'd be cool. Mitch. He's a massive Ohio State fan, bigger than his head.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Do you have any questions, Let's cat you hands.
Speaker 1: You can use a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do that. Uh.
Speaker 6: I guess you like the players have any like cool like traditions that they do that like they're not asking for like an initiation type process that you guys do, but like cool. Uh, whether it's like you guys go out and do something together, Like is there any cool like traditions that the players have themselves or maybe just the old lineman or just the offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I would say when I got here, I would say it was kind of the first thing is that when you get invited to the group chat with the O line thing, it was kind of a big thing because the first one was with like the guys from like years past, Like there's a bunch of guys in the past, Like even like the first one I got invited to, even like the Dwayne Haskins when he was he was in it. There was other guys like there have been in the leaf for a couple of years, like the Mega Chat.
Speaker 1: There's only at the twenty.
Speaker 4: So like as soon as you got the invite, like you didn't want to tell any other guys in the class because either they're in there they're not, you know, you don't want disappoint them. But like once you got it, you're like, dang, like I'm part of the boys for real. And then that was like the alum chat. Even though be a young guy, it was kind of cool. And then besides that, we had a thing with the Beef House that so a lot of guys gotta go yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the beef House.
Speaker 4: You had a beef house and guys like Josh Myers's house, it was him Max Ray, You're.
Speaker 1: Going to do your house for the beef House. Yeah yeah, yeah. So so it's it's all, it's all the it's the meathouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so it's it was all the older offensive linemen and our full backs and our tight ends all stayed there, and it was it was it was a small little house off campus.
Speaker 1: I want a small house. It was a little house off campus.
Speaker 4: And so they had they had all the cookouts and stuff like that, and again to get the invite, like, you know, huge, so you're throwing a little fit.
Speaker 1: We're not a little fit.
Speaker 2: But you put the meadhouse, dude, you gotta puttle something on it.
Speaker 1: Look good?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, left alone the meathhouse. Yeah, yeah, so it was cool. So I'll say, like on a the stuff like that as an line, be able to do that. And then as soon as those guys left. Now, but we do, like me and Luke my center, we we had a thing with brewsters.
Speaker 1: So to take all the guys that line.
Speaker 4: So it was like all twenty two of us at the time to all go out to get some food as many wings we wanted, just just taking it.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. So some we did this past year. Love that beefy jerk is all about the beef dude.
Speaker 2: Side note, while I was eating your jerky too, if my teeth came out, so are you sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's we can wrap this up. Yeah, but hey, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you coming on. I know you're busy world winds are going on with the draft and all that. You taking the time at it today doing this.
Speaker 4: Is thank you guys for really man, it's a huge to be on here. For real, it's huge. I mean I've been watching. I know you caught me lacking with the tier one tier you know, you know it's crazy. I thought I saw I saw that thumbnail thing and I was like, na, I'm gonna come and click on the one with.
Speaker 1: The Nelson on there. I'm I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I've watched like five I've watched like five episodes. But it was my roommate, you know, he watched you guys like when I was a freshman sophomore and so I walked in his room.
Speaker 1: He just splayed out in his bed.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, dude, That's how I got put onto the show my freshman sophomore year.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it's an honor to be on here. I'm gonna sence this up. My watch. It's like dang like crazy, like you.
Speaker 3: Know, used to drapping the group Chatty appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Brother, thanks you awesome.
Speaker 3: I would have rocked you and if I was in the league,