Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and know he Armstrong and Yetty. Good to hear it. I got a couple of sick kids in my house. Always a dragon.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's so many bugs going around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one includes vomiting, which hasn't happened yet in my home. Thank goodness. That's that's a that's a long night. Whenever that happens.
Speaker 1: Stop at the wall, murder the tarja your choice. Buy a bunch of bathroom sized trash cans, litter them around, seat them around the house everywhere.
Speaker 2: I got one kid that can make it to a trash can when that happens, but one that can't. I've never been in instant like as mentioned, this happened at band practice. I'm sorry this is gross, but somebody at the band practice the other night vomited all over their drum and then the band teacher was running around. Oh my god, oh my god. Oh but I've never took so gross. I've never had the out of nowhere. Mine's always like way lead up. It's almost like I get an email you're gonna vomit in about a half an hour, and I mean I got a tremendous lead up in time to deal it. You end up having to root for it. Yeah, he can, we get this over with place, right. I've never had to just out of nowhere. Surprises me. Uh, unless it was drinking. Apparently, I've been told that I had had that happen a few times when I was drinking. I'm not aware of this situation, but that's would have been described to me all over the inside of my friend's new car.
Speaker 1: Yep, oh boy, oh boy, this is apropos nothing. Then we can get onto the business of the day. But JP in Central Illinois where I used to live, just sent this this tweet from this woman I've never heard of. But this is the entire thing. Violence is not the answer. The answer is opens history book.
Speaker 2: Uh oh.
Speaker 1: Frantically starts flipping through the pages. Oh oh, oh, no, no, no, no, uh oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get to the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, violence has never solved anything except Nazism, communism, England's oppression of the colonies, on and on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Ending slavery, all kinds of different things. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, so much is being made of the moment Trump is having right now where he's never been higher in his life than he is at age seventy eight, the highest approval ratings, the highest people from all quarters coming to try to get, you know, his approval or wanting his approval. It's just stunning. It's quite stunning. And I'll read through some of the analysis of this today in Mark Alpern's newsletter that I thought was really really interesting and you're gonna like it if you're a Trump fan. But here's an example of a different Trump, because you can picture other ways he would have answered this. There was I don't know if the questions in this or not. I'll mention it just in case. It's about Republican senators who don't vote for your cabinet picks. Are you going to go after them? Are you going to try to you know, boot them out of office? Here's Trump senators who.
Speaker 3: Oppose your nominees, your cabinet nominee.
Speaker 2: Should they be.
Speaker 4: Promer If they are unreasonable, I'll give you a different answer and answer that you'll be shocked to hear. If they're unreasonable, if they're opposing somebody for political reasons or stupid reasons, I would say, has nothing to do with me. I would say they probably would be primary. But if they're reasonable, fair and really disagree with something or somebody, I.
Speaker 2: Could see that happening.
Speaker 4: But I do believe that if they're unre I think we have great people. I think we have a great group of people.
Speaker 2: That's not Donald Trump of the last nine years.
Speaker 1: No, No, as long as you're reasonable, yeah, we can talk about it.
Speaker 2: That is just a new thing. And who convinced him of this? Well, you could ask, how did it take you this long to figure out this is a better way of speaking about things? But who convinced of this? Is it Susie Wilds as it is? Campaign manager now chief of staff? Who is the breshwous death? Maybe maybe both. I'll read you a couple of these things I thought were really really interesting. What's happening during this second Trump transition is notable and maybe historic, seminal and auguring for the future of this country. Going through some of the examples here, Trump's underappreciated human intelligence has allowed him to size up the macro situation in some of the individual relationships and herd behavior of certain categories of Homo sapiens, business leaders, heads of government, congressional big wigs, et cetera. To figure out what they want and need from him. He's always had that, but maybe he's just utilizing it better now. While as many opponents in the press and the Democratic Party still amazingly don't get this, Trump's issue agenda has significant appeal beyond the say it with me extreme magabase, and is backed by a broad center right coalition in this country, border energy, forever, wars, taxes, deregulation, woke, and much much more. That's probably the number one thing the press doesn't get. He's on the right side of like all the biggest issues in the country, right right.
Speaker 1: And we looked at poll after poll of issues before the election, and you know, in retrospect, it's like, how could Trump lose?
Speaker 2: He talks about how Trump is just flat out the second greatest political athlete since Reagan, second only to Bill Clinton, and is using those skills. Points out that Trump went five for six in nomination and generator and general election contests YEP. Three nomination contests got the three nominations, three presidents got two out of three, and almost that other one. So that's pretty impressive record. Actually, and that's your only political record. Trump is a great student of how to obtain and use power in general and within the specific context of the presidency. Is his goal is to accomplish things, to accomplish the things he wants. It only makes sense that if he is determined at some point, oh, I will be more likely to be successful this way than that way, that he changes his way of doing right.
Speaker 1: And even I have to remind myself why did I say? Even I have to remind myself What Trump says can make you insane at times, although he's been much more measured as we're discussing. But if you look at the record of things he actually did and accomplished and the way he approached various problems, it's very solid.
Speaker 2: It is hard to fit this all together with the guy who claimed, you know, the two thousand mules elections stolen, took it all the way to the matt you know, on all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he is an odd and complex dude.
Speaker 2: I'd say another point, but I'd.
Speaker 1: Rather have that odd and complex dude in the seat when China does something ugly than Joe Biden, not even close.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. The cultural moment that we are experiencing, with the decline of woke culture and the rise of all the attitude's ideas, characters, themes, and memes of the Trump moment is the supercharger on the ascent of Trump's political power. No doubt, the dominant media is weaker and more defanged than ever, making Trump's familiar litany of charges against how they operate now seem to many years less like sour grapes and more like righteous truth. From the cover up of Biden's loss of acuity to the ABC News settlement the other day, to the distruction of their business model for newspapers and TV, to the rise of alternative media, to the laws of public trust, all has given Trump the whipand the ox Whipand if you were listening to.
Speaker 1: The weapon of Joyce on today's Armstrong and Getty Show, not only that, but and I'm reminded, I keep going back to the various polls we saw prior to the election about the issue as opposed to the candidates, and there was widespread perception among all sorts of people that the law fair against Trump was political and unfair. And I think a lot of people who even you know, still hung with the mainstream media, saw all the coverage of the coverage of all of those those cases, and never heard of George Stephanopolis say, of course, all of this stuff is just going after Trump because for political reasons, and I just I think that factored in along with you know, the covering up for Biden's senility the rest of it.
Speaker 2: God, some of these are good. I won't read all of them, and borrio with him, but just a couple more of my favorites. Joe Biden's pardon of Hunter has leveled much of the high ground Democrats thought they stood on to try to diminish Trump regarding democracy, special treatment, rules of the game for diligited principle. Absolutely, really really took a lot of the power that they might have had to be, you know, above Trump away.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, the eleven year pardon is one of the most transparently evil things ever done by a president in it certainly in the realm of pardons.
Speaker 2: I want to say that one for last because it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: You're not boring anybody, by the way, I'm enjoying this list.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard this before. Trump is a practitioner. Oh, this is the one I definitely wanted to get on because I'd never heard before. Trump is a very hard worker when he needs to be. Unlike George W. Bush and Barack Obama, who did in many instances what they perceived to be just enough to get the task done at hand, Trump leaves his leads, his shoulder on the grindstone several extra beats to make sure if he wants something done. I thought that was interesting. I've never heard that before. Trump is a practitioner of the dictum that if one political actor is constantly moving at eight hundred miles per hour, then his adversaries cannot keep up with him. In fact, they fall further and further behind. It just goes hard and fast. Yeah. But this is the one I absolutely wanted to do because I think it is so true. And I was actually thinking about this in my car the other day. You find it because I got a long list.
Speaker 1: Here, he's making a list, He's checking it twice. Gotta tell us why Trump is so nice?
Speaker 2: Oh, this one. I love this one. And I was thinking about this when I was hearing more people talk, just endless talk on MSNBC about whether Pete hegseeth is going to get confirmed or not. Trump is not afraid of failure, which means he can take the risks necessary for success. Another transitioning president would be crying over the spilt milk of Matt Gates, whereas Trump moved on with the same consideration one would experience and moved from meeting the fourth tortilla chip to the fifth. Trump, as a guy who had the number one TV show an America, understands media better. He understands the culture and media better than any of these politicians who he knows this as crap, these inside the Beltway Washington battles where somebody wins and somebody loses. He knows, no real person pays attention to this. You can talk all day long and cable news about whether they'll get confirmed, whether it's a Supreme Court justice or Cabinet nominee or whatever, and where they won't and who will win and who will lose, and then when it ends, nobody freaking cares except for you DC pundits. Trump knows that he's so much more right about this than they are. You know how many real Looking back to George W. Bush, he had some thing and I only know this because I'm in this business. He had some famous Supreme Court nominee that he put out and got shot down real fast. No real person thinks about that ever, ever, ever, ever, and hasn't since that day. And Trump understands that while DC plays the game of ooh, his nominee might not, might not, might might not make it through, he knows that just doesn't matter. He put up a different one. They do.
Speaker 1: Right. It's high school gossip in a very real way. And add to those factors the fact that Elon Musk, who he's so close with right now, he is the king of let's try it. If it doesn't work, we'll learn from it. Don't be afraid of failure. So I think you were gonna see that spirit, yeah, which I think is great because I tell you what if you if you could pick one. The problem with the federal government is that it's too bold and innovative and willing to change itself or the opposite, Which would you choose.
Speaker 2: Right, they're having the first DOGE meeting today with various congressional people. I saw one congress person I forget the name, who went and told Mike Johnson, I don't want to be on any committees but the DOE Committee. So I hope there's like a fever to be part of the fixing of this problem.
Speaker 1: Is that actually going to be a committee, because I mean, DOGE is outside the government, but.
Speaker 2: Right they're going to be I don't know if it's a I don't know if you call the committee or whatever they're going to be. They're going to be Congress people involved in I think a committee, and then they report to the DOGE people. The DOGE people will have no power to actually get anything done. It's just it's, you know, it's it's basically people want to pay attention to how things are spent and not spent and make recommendations to DOGE.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's an independent commission has a bully pulpit. That's great, that's very American, right, and.
Speaker 2: A bully put put as we talked about earlier. According to The Washington Post, the bully pulpit in America through Elon Musk, He's got the loudest political voice in the whole country and can reach the most people the most quickly. So I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but I'm more optimistic than any other way to go about this. We've got more on the way. Stay tuned.
Speaker 5: The food company Post has announced it's launching a new Oreo themed cereal, which features crunchy and chocolate he puffs with mini marshmallows. Oh cool, that sounds awesome, said dentists.
Speaker 2: Ah, that sounded horrible. Oh hm, I made my teeth hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just yeah, yeah. Don't like pump vitamins into candy and feed it to kids and call it cereal.
Speaker 2: A bowl of candy for breakfast. Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: At the opposite end of the spectrum of the very adult drinking of guinness, apparently there is a worldwide shortage of delicious Guinness.
Speaker 2: I went through a Guinness face really enjoyed it. The Black and Tan oh Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, pumps up and down the UK are saying the running lawn Guinness after a surgeon demand that caught the beer's brewers off guard. Jack. Like everything, it has to do with an Internet trend or craze or sensation or viral something or other.
Speaker 2: A challenge called exactly it's.
Speaker 1: Called splitting the g Splitting the g the social media phenomenon which requires drinkers to down enough guinness in a single gulf so that the beer sits halfway across the g on the branded Guinness glass.
Speaker 2: Gotcha in.
Speaker 1: Evidently the sheep of the Internet are so numerous and so enthused about whatever craze is put in front of them, it's now caused a like a UK wide shortage of Guinness.
Speaker 2: Do you like it with the nitrogen or without? Uh? Either way?
Speaker 1: Not a huge fan. There are other things I'd rather have.
Speaker 2: It'll definitely make you fat if you drink much guiness. It's a lot of calories.
Speaker 1: I don't need much help in that. But Begora, they've got to brew up more guinness, he says in a terrible Irish brogue, which brings me to this.
Speaker 2: The Irish and Scots.
Speaker 1: Are some of the best on earth of picking out a fake accent. Science for some reason, in the Journal of Evolutionary Human Sciences tested a bunch of people from Glasgow, Belfast, Dublin, Northeast England, Central England, London, Essex, Bristol if they could pick out who was faking their accent. And you can't fool.
Speaker 2: Irishmen or scotsmen.
Speaker 1: Interesting, probably because it's much more homogenous in London. You got a dozen accents fifteen ethnicities whatever. But you go to Scotland fake a Scottish accent, you're gonna be on the receive an end of the chiley.
Speaker 2: Or is that Ireland? I can't remember. I'm trying to figure out evolutionary, evolution wise, why that would be.
Speaker 1: There's got to be a reason. Yeah, I guess it'd be. They'll they'll heave that big trunk they throw around in Scotland, a big red haired man, a skirtle hitch over the head with a big trunk.
Speaker 2: I know, I like it. In time, people do an American accent. I love that Armstrong and getty. The council meeting got ugly.
Speaker 6: They narrowly approved Mayor Johnson's twenty twenty five budget, which includes a controversial forty million dollars short term loan for a city already swimming in debt, all part of a chaotic hearing last night got so heated. Mayor Johnson actually kicked out the public.
Speaker 2: This meeting will spending releaseless.
Speaker 5: Arms dependent.
Speaker 2: That's Chicago, Mayor. Let's go Brendon Johnson and people very upset about how much money they're spending on illegals. The report on Fox goes on One of.
Speaker 6: The main reasons residents are so upset is the Democratic mayor's lack of transparency when it comes to using taxpayer funds to take care of illegal immigrants. Under Mayor Johnson, Chicago has already spent a whopping five hundred twenty seven million taxpayer dollars on the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants living there.
Speaker 2: Half a billion dollars they've spent on illegals so far. It could really be argued.
Speaker 1: Chicago, the city of Chicago has, checking the constitution, zero constitutional responsibility for the border, So why would they spend any local money. Why wouldn't they loudly petition the federal government. You caused this, you fix this. I get that there are people on the streets. You can't have children starving, But why isn't everybody outraged by this.
Speaker 2: Here's a reporter in Chicago, these.
Speaker 3: Real Chicagoans, they made their voices heard. They made it clear they don't trust Brandy Johnson. Mayor Johnson with fifty cents, okay, they know he's just going to spend that money on migrants and violent teenagers. And Brandon Johnson says it himself.
Speaker 2: To your question, I think at least initially it was probably holy crap, we're a sanctuary city, and now we've got these people here. We got to get them off the streets and put them somewhere or this is going to become a problem and everybody's going to know that the whole sanctuary thing don't work. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just reading about San Diego's decision to become some sort of sanctuary city on steroids where there is no cooperation with Ice. You've got the most horrendous character ever in your jail, and you've got to turn them loose for whatever reason. You will just never inform ICE. There will never be any voluntary transfer, no notification that somebody's going to get released. You know, you got to get a warrant or we're not going to tell you whether this murder is in our jail.
Speaker 2: Like I said Friday when we covered this, or yesterday, or I always say, I don't understand how you make this your cause. My cause in life, with my limited time and resources, is going to be making sure criminal don't get deported who aren't supposed to be here in the first place. That's my cause, not foster kids, not you know, pick all the great causes exists. This is my one. Some guy who's a rapist who comes in the United States and rape somebody. They're illegal. I don't want them deported. That's what I'm gonna make my cause you people are weird, very weird. I would say, you're right.
Speaker 1: I mean, put a randomly assembled list of one hundred different causes in front of people and they would choose that one.
Speaker 2: That's very strange. Different topic. I just came across this. PolitiFact is some sort of political something or other. They released their lie of the Year, their political lie of the Year, a lie that marked a town and its residence in the name of campaign rage. It was absurd, it was consequential. Our lie of the Year goes to Donald Trump and JD. Vans for false claims that Haitian immigrants in Springfield were eating pet dogs and cats. I don't know who this pundit is who responded, but they're right. I would have gone with Joe Biden is perfectly fine and fit to serve as president again is my lie of the year. But that's just me.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to blow the punchline or anything, but yeah, political political, what is it?
Speaker 2: Political PolitiFact?
Speaker 1: PolitiFact is a left wing media hack outfit.
Speaker 2: They're honestly on both sides all the way around. There are a lot of lies to compete with Lie of the Year. I mean, you could discuss, but seriously, how does it get much bigger than the current president is okay to be president in another four years when you know he's not holy crap.
Speaker 1: When he's seen island dying. But I don't remember the whole eating the pets thing, Michael, Do we have any audio that Mighty eating.
Speaker 2: The people that came in.
Speaker 4: They're eating the cats, they're eating, they're eating of the people.
Speaker 2: That live there. So he said that in the second debate, which was the first Kamala Harris debate, Yeah, which she roundly trounced him, as everyone saw, and of course was going to go on to victory at that point.
Speaker 1: Getting back to sweet home Chicago. I grew up right outside the city. I love Chicago. Was just talking about some talking to rather some fellow part time Chicagoans who are telling stories of crime and how their kids don't want to go to their place anymore. And there was a terrible, terrible incident involving a friend of a friend in which and I'll keep it vague because it was very traumatic. But their daughter was hassled by Guy A on the street corner. Guy B walks up, shoots Guy A dead and keeps walking.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And they were like, I didn't see nothing. I got no part in this. We're just standing here. Really, hey, guy with gun, I can't identify you. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I would do in that circumstance. I think insanity, would you do? I think I might do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well, especially since he has a gun and I don't. I'd be like, dude, you and me are never going to meet again.
Speaker 2: See you later. Plus they helped me. I hate to go like wild West sort of you know, rules of the game, but you helped me out, so good on you.
Speaker 1: It was a neighborhood beef, by the way, as it turns out, But anyway.
Speaker 2: They had several beaves over the years.
Speaker 1: Okay, folks, that was just an excuse for Jack to use the plural of beef, which he's again beavs.
Speaker 2: Look it up. It is so this is so interesting.
Speaker 1: They did a study of people who carry guns, including in Chicago. They found that nearly one third of urban residents have carried a concealed fire arm by the time they each by the time they reach age forty. But there are yes, but there are very different patterns between those who began carrying as teenagers versus adults. The teens were carrying guns because they had a serious need to protect themselves from other teens with guns.
Speaker 2: Well, can you imagine parenting in a neighborhood where you think, well, I don't want you involved in this sort of stuff, but I think for your own safety, you need to carry a gun. You say to your sixteen year old Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this for what it is worth, this study has been going on for some like thirty years. Is it follows people into adulthood and that sort of thing. Participants from eighty of Chicago's three hundred and forty three different neighborhoods. Anyway, they say, among adolescents, we've found a strong association between either witnessing a shooting or being shot or shot at and beginning to carry soon after. The research shows that teenagers witnessed or experienced gun violence were twice as likely to start carrying a gun themselves. Of course, however, once those teens hit adulthood, large numbers of them stopped carrying guns. They thought, I don't need it anymore. I've got a job, I've got a family, whatever, I'm not in that life anymore. Whereas people who started as adult carriers started because of a generalized concern about crime and violence, they were not victims of or witnesses to gun violence, no direct link that they could find, a direct exposure, and they kept carrying and carrying and carrying.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. So some of those young people who give up carrying a gun would say to some of those adults, I think, what are you doing carrying a gun? You don't need a gun around here.
Speaker 1: Right, Unless you're living a life where people engage in gun play fairly routinely, you're not gonna need it.
Speaker 2: Hm. That's interesting provoking. How different is that kid's childhood than mine? Who needs to carry a gun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, no kidding. I thought that was interesting. Chicago so troubled, so desperately in need of law enforcement, better education. The teachers unions are standing in the way of that. By the way, the school.
Speaker 2: Stats out of Chicago or what are the most amazing to me, Even with all the shootings on, how many of the schools you could shut down and there would be no negligible it'd be negligible difference from the schools being open other than it would save a lot of money. So then at least maybe taxpayers would get back some money to buy tutor for their kid because your kids were learning literally nothing at school. That's amazing. Yeah, you know what. Somebody remind me.
Speaker 1: I want to bring this up again tomorrow at some point during the show of the soft bigotry of low expectations. And there are some statistics that have come out recently from medical schools, and another place is the punchline of it is the response to black kids not achieving is to give them the fruits of achievement, whether they've earned them or not, in my opinion, and I'm right, because actually solving the problems would be uncomfortable and politically incorrect. You would have to say things and do things that make people feel bad. And so instead of doing that, you have bunches of folks graduating medical school, for instance, who got no business being doctors. It's horrible and it dooms and here's the part that matters. It dooms more generations of young kids, particularly of color in urban areas, to crappy educations.
Speaker 2: And no chance to actually earn.
Speaker 1: The good stuff in life.
Speaker 2: It's not kind. That's what hurts my heart is that in parents who are either not I don't know what the right word would be with it enough or just too busy working a couple of jobs or whatever. You're assuming and you should be able to assume that your kid going to school is learning to read and write and be able to go out in the world when they graduate high school. Nothing wrong with you assuming that. You should be able to assume that you said you're kidding to grade school, junior high, and high school, and they're going to graduate. You should be able to assume that they learned. But because you weren't paying attention, you don't know that they didn't learn any of that stuff. There are schools in Chicago where they have zero percent people that meet the proficiency in math and reading and writing. Again, nobody, nobody does. And those poor parents think they got they made their kid go to school, they did the right things, and their kids are gonna be doomed. I mean, it's just awful.
Speaker 1: And then when those parents say, hey, my kid has learned nothing three years in a row. I want the right to take him to a different school. Brandon Johnson and his teacher union buddies all across the country, Randy Weingarten will say, no, frickin way, no way you'd take that kid out of that miserable failure of a school.
Speaker 2: We won't let you.
Speaker 1: And they're the progressives, They're the folks who are concerned about young black kids.
Speaker 2: What a crock of crap, right, it's just horrifying. I wish you know that.
Speaker 1: There are days I just I wish I could reach more people with that knowledge. I mean, because once you're aware of it, it's inescapable. I mean, what would be better for the kids. It's just there's no argument there. But people persist in thinking, yeah, public schools are such a gift to the poor kids and all.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know how you sleep at night running schools where nobody is learning anything and is going to graduate and then just be standing there looking at the world. How am I supposed to make it? I don't know how you sleep at night. Being part of continuing that, I know they're evil. They are evil, They're absolutely evil. We will an a strong next state. The FBI Newark office.
Speaker 7: Now, warning, don't try to shoot a drone out of the sky. You may be hitting a helicopter, a plane, a legitimate drone.
Speaker 2: It's a felony.
Speaker 7: In addition, that debris could cause serious injury or kill somebody on the.
Speaker 2: Ground or Santa. It's December. Hello, somebody's gonna shoot Santa. This guy shh.
Speaker 1: So, Kirby, everybody knows that the bottom of Santa slays bulletproof.
Speaker 2: John Kirby, probably the best spokesman the Biden administration has, was out there yesterday and saying a lot of these are commercial drones doing nothing illegal. And I know a lot of them are, but what about all of them? What about the ones that aren't, that's the question. And they say, we still don't exactly know what it is, but there's nothing to worry about. Okay. That drives me nuts because those two sentences don't fit together and still might be something illegal. He said. So here's a mayor of a town in New Jersey responding to Kirby's press conference.
Speaker 8: We had the briefing yesterday with the White House, FBI, DHS, FAA, and they said the same thing. I don't want to speculate, but someone is making a really bad, really bad decision by not coming clean and say that these are our drones. We're doing some sort of an operation. Nothing to see here. They are safe, that they're saying they're safe, but we see them on top of our reservoir, the schools, the grid. And these are large drones. These are not small drones. These are probate car size, a small dining room table size, flying at night with lights on.
Speaker 2: So that's one of the best answers I've heard yet from this mayor saying somebody's making a bad decision. I'm not telling it. It's just kind of what Trump said yesterday. He said, the military knows what they are. We have the ability to know what they are. He said, I don't know why they're not saying anything.
Speaker 1: Let me tweak the John Kirby exchange slightly. Nine one one. I just got home. There's a man in my house. Most of the people who come into your house are friends and neighbors.
Speaker 2: Or okay, I won't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Then nine one one, Hey, I just got home and there's a man in my house. Well, we don't know who he is, but we're sure you're not at risk.
Speaker 2: What the hell.
Speaker 1: Of course, we just found out that there's going to be a classified briefing, Yes, of the Intelligence Committee.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Uh, who is a briefing somebody? But there's so white to brief Obviously, the White House is briefing a House Intelligence Committee today a little late. Yeah. I is it going to be innocuous? I don't think so. I think it's going to be significant, not not significant like it was a thread or anything like that. I think we're gonna find out about some significant military program or technology or threat we're worried about or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or test of our abilities, which I hope we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but well why wouldn't they tell us, No, we have this drone capability. You know, you've seen what's happening when you see what a ran did to Israel. We just were testing our ability to intercept these sorts of things. Well, there's Jack can there's joke man. It's kind of because the show, with the help of Katie Green and Michael Langelobe, there are friends. They're like fans a dad, they're on our radio. So let's hear their final thoughts before they have to go.
Speaker 1: Oh Jack, the creep freaky horror.
Speaker 2: Show villain's thing.
Speaker 1: He's swaying back and forth with a weird hypnotized look on his face.
Speaker 2: Oh that was too creep. I'll see that in my nightmares.
Speaker 1: Katie's not gonna be able to sleep tonight.
Speaker 2: They see here. It's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everyone on the crew and to wrap things up for the day, Michae Langelow, what's your final thought?
Speaker 7: I had my wife give me some Christmas parts, maybe to pass out coworkers or something.
Speaker 1: But I opened up and read it and said, and the best feelings are those of the heart.
Speaker 2: And I thought, no, this is just too sappy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh, Katie Green are esteemed to Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, I have decided to send out Christmas cards, and I gave myself too big of a task and I'm now regretting it, but I'm gonna do it anyway. So oh yeah, yeah, guilt guilt feelings. I've been saying I'm gonna do it next year for like twenty five years. Jack final thought, that's funny you'd say that. I figured you did do it. I figured you were that sort of person.
Speaker 2: I just I admire other people that do every year, and they send one every single year. They not only got their act together to get the family picture, but then they got it in the mail and got it to me. And I think, you know, I'd like to be that kind of person. Apparently I know I wouldn't like to be that kind of person enough to actually do it, because I still have it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to do it next year. Anyway, came across this, mentioned it earlier in the show. My final thought is daily cal he's consumed by Americans. In nineteen sixty one, it was twenty nine hundred. Oh, by the way, the recommended daily calorie intake for women's two thousand, for men twenty five hundred. But it was twenty nine hundred back in the day. It's now thirty seven hundred.
Speaker 2: The average calorie intake is thirty seven hundred.
Speaker 1: Where is the obesity coming from? I don't get it.
Speaker 2: That's amazing Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: It may not be just that, that's part of it. So many people, thanks so a little time. Good Armstrong in getty dot com. Many pleasures await you there, see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty. It has to stop like the day before yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely, are you sure?
Speaker 2: Oh? Dead sure. I've been thinking that we really all need a tremendous hug. Good the hell out of here. Don't you think it's a little hot? It's one hundred on the crazy meter. Sure, are you shut?
Speaker 1: Yep? So let's go with it.
Speaker 2: Wow, they need pageant. They killed their own pageant by going woke. It takes a lot of balls to run for Miss Universe as a guy that I know. Bye Bye Armstrong and Getty.