Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, Then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. For tickets called eight five, nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com.
Speaker 2: Comedy Off Byway.
Speaker 3: This is Kentucky Sports Radio, presented Brus Stockton Mortgage and the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Safe Summer Driving Tour.
Speaker 4: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Well, welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Wednesday, August fifth. I'm Matt Jones here on a beautiful day in Lexington, Kentucky. Ryan Lemon, Drew Franklin, full House, Clark's Poppinshop phone line. It is going to be an Ask Anything Wednesday. You can ask whatever you want. If you ask good questions, I get even happier if they're bad questions. It still gives us something to talk about. Seven eight five nine twenty two eighty seven a vision Auto glass text machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four In this edition sponsored by the TJ. Smith Office. If you call TJ, he'll make them pay. It's fun reading people's text yesterday throughout the day. As the second hour, I thought, you know, I will tell you our bosses, Drew. They don't say it, but I can tell our bosses have been a little bit like, okay, is Matt gonna pay all his attention to the national show and then not pay? And then I thought, yesterday was a like one of our better shows, like in a long time, Ryan Lemon's Trivia, A lot of the topics we got on the second it was like a vintage KSR. And I was just showing them, you know what, We're still gonna be throwing fast balls here.
Speaker 6: Yep, I just got a strate. I just saw Ryan shirt. I don't know what's going on there, but why did you wear that shirt like you? I just I just caught my eyes. I was about, can I read you Shannon what Ryan's shirt says?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't see it. I'll laughing maniacally.
Speaker 5: That really just threw me off. I mean, it's is that the worst shirt he's ever worn? First of all, where did you even get that shirt?
Speaker 2: I think my friend Crystal gave it to me after we had a discussion about it.
Speaker 5: That's one you keep in the house.
Speaker 7: It says in capital letters, bold font, white shirt, black face, white shirt, black font, everybody closed your eyes unless you're driving, and picture this shirt on Ryan Lemon's goofy face.
Speaker 5: White shirt, capital letters, black font. It says the word moist and then in little letters because at least one person you know hates this word, which I think that this is a professional, allegedly a realtor. He's swearing that downtown. Take a picture of that, Mario and tweet out because it's the worst shirt. And by the way, two size is too small.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, what's the tightness level of it?
Speaker 5: Wilsh medium, will Stein level. Nipples coming through a line parallel, unbelievable. Yesterday we talked about dressing for work, so I.
Speaker 2: Honestly forgot I had it, and I was looking for a different one and saw like, oh, I'm wearing that one today. Just got them. I didn't think I have ever were in front of you, and it was kind of got it for you.
Speaker 5: Got it for me. I'm glad that I was that I was on your mind when you decided to buy the moist T shirt.
Speaker 2: I think you said one day on the show, that's the one word you can hate. Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 5: It's a terrible word, and I hated even more on you than I do being said well to your original sorry I had I'm still throwing fastballs. It was a great show.
Speaker 6: I like trivia, you know, and however, many years, thirteen years, whatever it's been, we've never had trivia work.
Speaker 5: And you know, having contenders drop out when we're trying to get that perfect that works. So if I'm not too eight twenty two eighty seven, ask anything, uh Wednesday, I look forward to taking your calls. Let's go over a couple of things. First of all, last night went to the Reds game. Got four chapters in I think you said nine, which was very nice, but you have to remember these are long chapters in the hill. Yeah, I didn't know the length of the chapter. That makes it hard. I was thinking chapter an ending with short chapters. Yeah, some books here are easier read the whole time. Don't think I got on the big screen, so it worked out, nobody bothered me.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: The only only problem at the game last night was there was a younger couple, probably in their early twenties that just kept making out, sitting right in front of me. Oh and I mean to the point like you could hear the slobber. It's like, you know, by the seventh inning, I think they were a little drunk and it was I'm not like a get a room guy, but there is a point like how many times you got to kiss somebody during the baseball.
Speaker 2: Nothing says love like balls and str I.
Speaker 5: Mean, it's not like when a hu Hainio Suarez strikes out, you gotta be old baby, here's you know.
Speaker 6: Like so there was a little bit of that. Were they just trying to get on a kiss cams that exist?
Speaker 5: I think they were genuinely in love, which which is a little sickening, right Like so I think take that Central Park, that's exactly right, going to Central Bet I didn't film them and trying to put them on the internet and see if they were cheating on people.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I support young love, you know, I always said, I just I just feel like there's how much of it do it?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's Red's a's. You know, if it's Yankees Dodgers, that's the mood. This is Red's A's. I looked at the A's lineup, never heard of one person in it, not one. I couldn't name one name the last. Who's the last player you can that played for that? It's actually now the Sacramento As.
Speaker 6: True, didn't even know that. Dennis Acreley, Yeah, the GBS, the Giambi's. I think that's the last people I knew that played there. Great game though, we were losing the whole game, and in the eighth inning we scored two runs on back to.
Speaker 5: Back wild pitches. Oh wow, have you ever heard of that before? Ever? It takes second third, Suarez is up. He's awful. So all they gotta do is just like I would pitch it underhand Shane and he's gonna miss it.
Speaker 4: Just throw.
Speaker 5: But the pitcher threw two wild pitch pitches. Ellie and south Stewart were able to score on back to back.
Speaker 2: And then that's how they won the game.
Speaker 5: How we won the game. Yeah, we're down four to three. Wild pitch Ellie scores, two pitches later, wild pitch south Stewart scores.
Speaker 6: Was it awkward seeing Tyler Stevenson when he's not supposed to be there.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to. He took a tour of the city yesterday just to be happy to still listen whatever I mean, we think, but but listen the Red's A's. If you are having trouble in your relationship, I know where you go. Red's A's.
Speaker 2: So you're reading your book. You got people making out in front of in the Hill.
Speaker 5: That's about a little girl whose mom's in prison. So it's a very uplifting.
Speaker 2: Story and they're making it out in front of you. Were able to watch any of the game at all, other than the wild pitches.
Speaker 5: Look when they started, you know, when tongue was a I went back to the book. But it is weird. It's weird to be like, oh, there's you know, Matt McClain who's hitting one ten, and then there's this group making now. But it was still. It was fun. It was very peaceful, which is what I wanted to kind of because it's been a hectic a couple of days. Yesterday it got so hectic. I had Billy, Ryan and Mario at the house. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Uh, and we were scrambling there were scrambling.
Speaker 5: I think when they painted my house they painted over the Internet. Maybe got painted over the internet. What do you mean? They painted over the internet the outlet.
Speaker 6: Like the actual not like this, it's not a real thing.
Speaker 5: They painted over the Internet well, the outlet, and I think it caused it to get in and out. So then we ran a big cord into a different room and we were able to make it win amateur hour. Painting over the outlet probably a mistake. They were good guys, so they worked till late in the night, so I'm not gonna they did a good job. But but but I think maybe that that screwed it up. So we're gonna get it fixed. It all, it all works out. Then on my during like the eighth inning, I look at my phone and Mario is on a string of posting on his story. He and his girlfriend like like, he he's gone. I guess the kids would call it. They used to say Facebook official, he's got guess going Instagram official.
Speaker 2: Now he's all booed up.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 5: He is noticed, Oh you want my tickets today? He's game tonight. You can go, Uh, you can go, you can go make out. But I'm looking at it, and I'm like, they're at a pool, Okay, Mario, he doesn't have a pool. I have a pool, and Mario is at my house? Did he bring this girl to my house? And then I look and it's not mine? And it occurs to me Mario is being booed up at Ryan's pool?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Have you just opened your pool to Mario and his girlfriend?
Speaker 2: I gave Mario a summer pool pass. He can come and go as he pleases, doesn't need to check in, no entry fee or anything.
Speaker 5: So he had told me he just goes and they just hang out at Ryan's house and hang out by the pool.
Speaker 2: Yep, they had. They had the whole pool and house of himself. Last night, nobody was there.
Speaker 5: Because you tried to go to the Barry Manelow concert. Yes, and did he did something happen to him?
Speaker 2: The word is he was in Raperenat in his trailer and started having some medical issues, so they had to rushing the hospital.
Speaker 5: I don't think this has been reported, No, they cancel it. Are you are you breaking?
Speaker 2: That's the scuttle butt word on the street from people that were there at Reperena working.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Barry Manto is a huge star. You got to be careful. You don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Know he canceled the first concert because of lung cancer. It's supposed to be here in like February or March, and had lung cancer. They canceled the concert. So he's back against.
Speaker 5: Maybe he should just not back to LEXI I think I.
Speaker 2: Think he's already canceled the concert tonight in Cincinnati, So I mean, I think it's.
Speaker 5: You were supposed to go, but apparently like people were already there when they canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I was just an uber driver. I just dropped off Jennifer and her friend, and her friend was your son. No, she took her friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay. I let them off.
Speaker 2: Around the Triangle fountains and she goes, you gotta come back and get us. It's canceled. Nobody really knew to about six thirty and then started the buzz on the street. They didn't announce it. All right, I'm just telling you what I heard. He was rushing from.
Speaker 5: But he lives.
Speaker 4: Barry Manilow scoop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, where are you are you talking to TMZ? Where are you getting Barry Manilow scoop. But it would be classic. Riouldn't it for like something to happen with Barry Manilow A person that would.
Speaker 3: Know would be right and like somehow knows this tour manager from I mean.
Speaker 5: Like that would be a classic. Like Ryan can't name Benny Snell, but he could tell you what's happening with.
Speaker 2: With Barry Man?
Speaker 5: That that would be a very rhyme lemon thing. We said. He was the drop off.
Speaker 6: I can like picture Ryan circling around and asking security, rolling down his window, like what's going on? Maybe you were even lost in the parking lot and then that's how you get caught up in the buzz around the on the scene there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people were walking around and as word kind of spread, you can see they were all just had these blank looks on their face.
Speaker 5: What's the age group that goes to Barry Man? First of all, I was shocked to see Barry Milanlo was playing reperena. I mean no offense to what are his songs?
Speaker 9: Again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I write the song does.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah Mandy?
Speaker 5: But who but who's going to that? Like he's got to be in his eighties.
Speaker 2: Every person I saw was a grandpa and a grandma. Every single one of them.
Speaker 5: But I mean he couldn't fill reperena. Could he still an eighty what is he eighty eighty three? So eighty three? Is he still his audience? Can't walk those steps?
Speaker 2: He plays a lot of big venues on this farewell to how.
Speaker 5: Many people were gonna beat well, I guess we don't know because he didn't do it. Just that's hard for me to believe Barry Manilow is still packing them and.
Speaker 2: Bring him into rupper and maybe just a little him man.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you're still able to get Yeah, so I mean yoga girls probably like the youngest person there.
Speaker 2: We thought we said that you could be the youngest person in there. But we met a couple. They drove in from Severeville. Got a hotel room, Yeah, got a hotel room, just.
Speaker 5: The friends from Maggie Vallley.
Speaker 4: That's like a five hour drive, right, six. That's a long drive.
Speaker 2: You know, they're not they're fanolost stop it that's what they call.
Speaker 5: Stop they are. They're not fan google it.
Speaker 2: They're called they're not fanolos, Yes, fans fanolos.
Speaker 5: He let down all of his fanolos last night. Stop they're not fanolos, Yes, they are, they're feelos.
Speaker 6: While you were going, he had someone singing Barry Manelo on the show to win free tickets.
Speaker 2: That's true at our remote on Friday and Nicholasville.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you made someone come up there and sing.
Speaker 2: It, and she did our friend Karen, that comes off our show.
Speaker 5: So Karen won the tickets and yet didn't get to.
Speaker 4: Go humiliated for no reason, For.
Speaker 2: No reason, they're gonna, they say they're going to reschedule, tickets, will be honored.
Speaker 5: Not according to you. Apparently may he.
Speaker 2: Just had a minor medical issue and he's going to rebound and reschedule and come back better.
Speaker 5: Than news is going to report. Per Ryan Limon, very mantil, You're not.
Speaker 4: He needs to retire is what he needs to do.
Speaker 5: Well, so uh so, anyway, so we've learned a few things. First of all, Red's a's very romantic. Yes, Mario, free pool pass to Ryan's.
Speaker 2: House also very romantic.
Speaker 5: Also very romantic. Barry man a low concert was canceled.
Speaker 6: Let everybody down, all the Fano loos, the fan it probably all got up and had a nice dinner at four third.
Speaker 4: It was late enough.
Speaker 2: They didn't appen.
Speaker 5: Are you are you, by the way, a Barry Man low man.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of low.
Speaker 5: But you didn't go.
Speaker 2: I didn't go. I was just an uber driver, okay, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, I hope it went well, uh and.
Speaker 2: Good, And I hope he's okay.
Speaker 5: I hope he's okay too. Yes, because we need to have I mean third times a charm for scheduling this concert, right, we need it to happen. Hey, if I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, the text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. It is ask anything Wednesday, we will do it. Plus, I got something very rare shitned.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I get hateful comments sometimes on the text machine to me, sometimes about Ryan, sometimes about you got my first one in a while about Drew. Oh yeah, so Drew will get to answer a hateful comment. All right, I love comments. That's next here at KSR Marco back. It is to tell you sports radio some ages of people that are singers, you know, he said, Barry Mental is eighty three, Billy Joel's seventy seven, Elton John seventy nine, Mick Jagger's eighty.
Speaker 2: Four, Willie Nelson's one hundred and forty.
Speaker 5: Willy Nelson, and I love Willie Nelson all right, and I want Willy Nelson to be going until he's one hundred and ten. But he's, I believe, in his.
Speaker 2: Nineties, unbelievable and still performing.
Speaker 5: I heard he had a new song they released on Willie's Roadhouse. Huh, and my man, I give him credit. I'm not going to criticize him for continuing going because like he's still singing, slash talking, but he's still putting albums out, which to some level, Dree, you have to respect at this point.
Speaker 6: Right, ninety three three.
Speaker 4: Album How many albums do you think he's made?
Speaker 5: Oh, he puts one out like a year. I bet he's got like sixty.
Speaker 3: Well, no, it says he has released over one hundred and fifty total albums one hundred, yes, including one hundred studio albums.
Speaker 5: One hundred studio. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's got to be a record.
Speaker 5: Thank god. I can still pocket's putting that amount of albums. Nobody, nobody if I'm nine, twenty two eighty seven. Right, this was the message about Drew. One person rates Matt. I've been a fan of Drew for a long time. He is probably my favorite person on the show beg you, but I love you, but he has kind of turned me off in the last few weeks. Well, I think you have tried to change and be positive about Kentucky basketball. Drew's gone the other way and he is now mister negativity. I don't know what his deal is. Does he just not like Mark Poep? Does he think we're going to be terrible? But he is a drag. Every time we talk about basketball. It disappoints me. And now I'm shifting my allegiance to Shannon.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Welcome aboard.
Speaker 5: All right, how do you get answer that?
Speaker 6: I think a drag was being the nine seed in the SEC Tournament last year. I got there so early they said you're not even allowed to come in yet. That's how early I got to the SEC Tournament. I was the first person there because we were the nine seed. That is not Kentucky basketball to me. Now, it can improve, and I hope it does, but it has not been the experience we're used to for a long time. And that's not all Mark Pope. It was the end of cal two, but it's been a long time since we've been what we all want to be.
Speaker 5: Do you think that history of the last few years of us not being as good or being disappointing in the tournament causes you to be more pessimistic about this team than maybe they deserve.
Speaker 6: Maybe a little just because I still need to see more from Pope. I don't hate this roster. I've said many times. I like the top top I just worried that we still have guys who haven't even got on the court yet in the summer, and these are the guys that are supposed to be making a big jump, so I worry about overall. I still they'll be good. They're top twenty team, But is it going to be Kentucky good? Are we just going to keep riding this wave that's below our normal standards?
Speaker 5: He Another person asked they weren't hateful, they were just winning your opinion in Drew's opinion. What does Mark Pope have to do for Drew still to support him to get a fourth year as head coach, so said, they don't ask. I don't focus much on this. This is what Drew.
Speaker 6: I don't focus as much on the tournament because, as you said many times, it's random. Now we need to get into the second weekend. But being in the middle of the pack in the SEC. And like two years ago, we had to beat Missouri in the regular season to not play on Wednesday. Last year we were the first team on Wednesday. Maybe we don't win the SEC title this year because Florida is stacked, but can we at least get back where we're contending a little bit?
Speaker 5: Can we maybe the second need to be? Yeah, in the top four? Yes, Okay, so you guys think maybe a double bye in the SEC tournament? Pretty kids.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And that's not all Pope. It's been a while since we did that period.
Speaker 5: Not No, you're right, You're exactly right. I understand why you're pessimistic. I mean, I'm not as pessimistic as you about this year, but I'm a little pessimistic. I'm I'm still I'm holding out before I make judgment because I want to see if they get another player. But I think they need another player. I think, you know, last year, I think the first year we were one player short. I think last year we were like one and a half player short, even if we had low maybe just one player short. But I'm worried we're there again. I'm worried we're a player short.
Speaker 6: There are other coaches in the league right now laughing at the five or five legislation, like I already have the team I want, I'm not interested, and we're still shopping like this is Kentucky. Usually we're at the top of that one going into the season.
Speaker 2: I do think the UK basketball hangover is real.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The best thing that happened to Mark Pope was will Stein, Yes, because I think a lot of the I think will Stein excitement has put off basketball negativity. Yeah, but you know, the games are going to start here soon for both and we'll see what happens. Bland and ask anything Wednesday.
Speaker 8: What do you got Hey, Good morning gentlemen, all as well, Matt. I have a very quick two part question, sir, number one to add on to the bury manilol intro there. I don't know a few gentlemen have seen David Lee Roth of Van Halen on social media. Likely, but you talk about a guy that really needs to retire.
Speaker 5: It is as I've seen it, and it makes me sad because you know, he had an amazing voice. Shannon at one point like like, yeah, but you're right. But at the same time, it's hard to tell somebody who loves something to retire because oftentimes when people retire, like I remember Justice Rehnquist, a Supreme Court justice, but he died like four days after he retired. He retired in good health and then just died.
Speaker 8: And see you're like, well, Matt, but you know, Matt, maybe he could take up golf like Alice Cooper or something, but he really needs to get away from a microphone.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: What you're saying that My second point, sir, is there's a lot of news, you know in the news today about sowar caps coming for in I own all college athletes. What my question to you, gentlemen, is why don't we talk about having a national salary cap for all college coaches?
Speaker 5: Well, they do, I believe, and I appreciate the call. In one version of the bill that was in the Senate, there was a coach's salary cap. Now I don't know if that ended up in the version that's there now, but there should be. I mean, there is no other part of What makes it ridiculous to me that they do this legislation is I want you to give me another industry in America where Congress puts a cap on how much money you can make. It's not pick one. Give me an industry where Congress says you can't make more money than this negative none, But then everybody goes, but we need to do it with college athletes?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Well, my argument is why now, if you're gonna do it, okay, but understand what you're doing, like there's no other profession. We do this to none, and we go, well, it's not a profession. Yeah, only because you say it, it kind of is a profession. So you know we are trying. So if we're gonna do it, If you're gonna, then I'm fine with doing it to coach, do it to the ads, do it to the presidents, and then we'll see if they still afford. I don't think that day is coming well to me. Practice what you preach. You think there should be a salary cap for players? What about presidents? You are working for state universities, you think maybe we should cap what you make? What about ads who don't even about as If you're gonna do it, do it for all of them, then I'm okay with it. We'll take a break right backksry TJ. Smith personal and attorney call TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now, more of Kentucky Sports Radio present it by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 4: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 5: Welcome back Tekee Sports Radio US. Ask anything Wednesday. A couple from the text machine. One person says, Matt, you're on the medical community has a limit to how much doctors and other medical professionals can make. You have to prove what you pay them is fair market value. False. I mean there may be businesses that have that, but the government doesn't have that rule. You can be a doctor and make as much as you want. There might be rules as to what you can make if you're gonna take like Medicare or the things that the government gives you, but no one tells the private industry a doctor can I can be Drew's doctor in charging twenty million dollars. Nobody stops me. The government might have rules about if you're getting a Medicare reimbursement, what you can charge, but that's a completely different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, college athletics will be the first sport, the first anything where the government puts a cap on what people can make. So do you think that's socialism? I mean, it is like it is. I hope people know that. You just need to call things what they are and the government limiting like when the government takes ownership in companies, that's socialist. When the government caps what people can make. I'm not even saying it's bad, but you need to understand what it is because it.
Speaker 2: Is so you think it will happen for coaches, for ads, for president.
Speaker 5: They'll do is they'll do it to players and then they won't do it to coaches in ads. That's what they're gonna do. They're gonna be hypocritical. The coaches in the ads are the ones that are writing the law. The players are not writing the law, so the players will get screwed. It's just like in everything in life. Workers don't write the laws. CEOs write the laws. So CEOs get what they want and workers get screwed. That's America. Unfortunately I hate it, but not a lot of America, but I hate that system. But that's what it is. And that is exactly Drue. What will happen with this?
Speaker 6: And you know, I think it's the players that should get most of the by because when ones playing on a repperena, uh sure, I mean, I want my coach to do well, but I'm more concerned about the guys dribbling, and that is what it is.
Speaker 5: One person says, Matt, I would like Uh, by the way, Barry Manlow, here's an irony of all the songs he wrote, Shannon, he didn't write the song. I write the songs, but he didn't. He didn't even write down. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's a lie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of all the ones, of all the ones not to write.
Speaker 2: You understood the words of Copa Cabana. It's a very dark, depressing song.
Speaker 5: We've talked about that before. Yeah, I think one person writes Matt, I would like you to hear you and Shannon say what the saddest song of all time is easy tell Laurie.
Speaker 4: I knew you were gonna say that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the saddest song.
Speaker 2: His voice is haunting.
Speaker 5: That's the saddest song. And I, Shannon, I challenge you to find another one. I'll let you think about it when we go to the phone, because I don't think you're gonna be able to I don't think you're gonna be able to find one who's been on Brady Go ahead, Brady.
Speaker 10: Oh, this is Brad.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Brad.
Speaker 10: An interesting fact kind of about the very Manilow situations. Did you know Elvis was said to have a concert at Roperina a week after he died.
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 10: A little premonition for a.
Speaker 11: Very Elvis was supposed to be here like five days later, a week later. Yeah, there's people that have saved their tickets for that Rupperena Elvis content. They saved their tickets over the years.
Speaker 5: Interesting, I didn't know that. We'll go ahead and uh.
Speaker 10: One one question. I was wondering, if you ever had opportunity to do a show like Hey Kentucky again on TV, would you do that or no?
Speaker 5: Because it's too I've been asked to do another one a couple of times. It's it's it's I like to be able to travel and you have to be here like you can't. I think it very much limits. Like at this stage of my life what I want to do. I want to be able to go and do things and see people and and everything I do. I try to make it to where if I can go somewhere else, I can take it with me. Even this, I appreciate the call, even this ESPN show. Eventually I will be able to take with me. I put it on my travel set with Hay Kentucky or a show like that, you have to be there. And so you know, I understand. So probably you never say never, but probably not.
Speaker 2: It takes up a lot of times, a lot of time. TV takes more time than you think.
Speaker 5: I mean, even just doing this TV I'm doing, Yes, takes so much more time. Yep, you know. Now eventually I'll get the hang of it. But like it's you gotta lie. There's just so much more stuff that can go wrong.
Speaker 2: But you're in a situation where you could pack up the equipment instead of.
Speaker 5: Eventually they're going to have it where I can just put the camera on top of my laptop and trap and do it. So when we do so, that will make it. It won't look as good, but like you still be able to do it, still be able to do it, Andy, Go ahead, Andy.
Speaker 9: So when I was a kid, my uncle for about a year made me believe that my grandparents, when they would rent their houses to people, when the people would move out, that they would put them in the Thanksgiving dinner. And my question is, what is the most ridiculous thing that you all believe.
Speaker 5: There's not gonna be anything we're gonna say that's gonna top your uncle when you were a kid.
Speaker 9: Okay, you yeah, because you know, when you're a kid, you're gullible. You'll believe about anything.
Speaker 5: I'm not on you for I'm not going to be on you for believing it. We need to talk about your uncle. Your uncle told you that people who rented his house became your Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he would tell him, just you know, have him believe it. Then he said that they would when they would move out, because I would say, well, where did they go? Did they just you didn't know? They put them in the Thanksgiving And I like.
Speaker 5: And then you would you would eat it?
Speaker 9: Well, no, they had. When Thanksgiving came that year, they had to convince me that it wasn't true because like the last neighbor that had just moved out before, I mean, you didn't want to eat your neighbor. I was like, well, but guy's smelled bad. I was like, I don't want to a little.
Speaker 5: Your uncle seems a little demented. Andy.
Speaker 9: He could just see what he could get me to believe when I was a kid.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I appreciate the call, appreciate the goodness on them, and I now understand Andy a little bit his questions about tickling and all that stuff become pretty tame.
Speaker 4: Child, Yeah, said the any calls are getting more and more like dark.
Speaker 2: Very dark.
Speaker 5: But if you look at if your uncle looks at you and said you're eating your neighbors for Thanksgiving, I do think that would have an effect on you.
Speaker 2: If you're a young child, you believe your uncle.
Speaker 5: You question everything.
Speaker 2: My neighbor, uncle John.
Speaker 4: Hardy on your plate. At that point you might as well to finish it.
Speaker 5: Well, all right, you know, Bob and James down. You never know what's going to come out, but it usually makes my skin crawl. Andy, You never know what's going to come out, but it's usually intriguing, especially now he's really leaning into these hypotheticals. Yeah, Danny in Germany? Where are you in Germany? Danny?
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm I'm active the Air Force and I my family. I got five kids. We just moved to Ramsign Air Base in Germany. So I'm listening to.
Speaker 5: I'm sinning and how many Americans are there?
Speaker 12: It's a ton, right, Oh, there's quite a few.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I work for the I worked for the Man, the major command that's overall US Air forces in Europe. I actually have a very in Europe that's in the multi thousands.
Speaker 5: But I have a very very good friend that is there. I'm not gonna say who it is, but but uh, that's cool. Well if you run into him, if you ever meet a but if you ever made a Carolina Hurricanes fan, you just say we might know the same person.
Speaker 12: But go ahead, all right, all right, we'll do Sorry. I've been a diehard UK fan for a long time. I'm forty three. Since I was a kid and I actually got lucky enough I just left Kentucky and moved here from Kentucky. I got to do an RTC gig at Kentucky. For the last three years, I had employee basketball tickets and my brother and I went to a lot of the games together side. I've been there through the highs and the lows. I was at the Final four in twenty twelve, I was at the final four in twenty fifteen. And as you guys have been talking about, this is the worst decade in history. And you know, my brother and I have been going to the going to all the home games for the last three years. So as a diehard Kentucky fan, I feel like with the time difference I still need to wake up at like two in the morning in Germany because it's a six hour time differ.
Speaker 5: That's times. But man, yeah, yeah, the night game in the day be all right for the day games, but when they play at nine at two am, like it's oh. I mean you could just like, no, hear what happens and get up at six and watch it and you won't know if you thought if you thought about doing that, or do you feel like you need to watch it live?
Speaker 12: I mean I feel like I've always felt like I needed to watch it live just because I you know, I'd have to be scores and stuff like that, so that'd be hard for me. But man, with everything that we've been through over the last two years, my motivation is definitely dwindling. So I don't know if anybody there the thing is, you can I feel like it's still my duty. My duty is a diehard UK fan to get up and watch these games.
Speaker 5: And you know, well, I appreciate the call and thank you for calling. I actually, you know, would you get up and watch them if they were playing at one or two a m.
Speaker 6: Stamp The thing that stinks is like if you wanted to go out and watch it at a bar or meet some friends somewhere, kind of just watching home and Ben, I couldn't text or something.
Speaker 5: If you go to bed, you could wake up early and you'll I'll be on the postgame show. It's true, you know. Then you get kind of clock game. Those postgame shows will start at like twelve thirty, which for you will be like six thirty.
Speaker 6: See, I would wake up and I'd accidentally see the score. Then I'll not go back and watch it. Yeah, that would be the hard thing. That's interesting. I'd be European Kentucky fans have to deal with this.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 5: Do you want? Do you stay up or do you get up in the morning.
Speaker 2: It's a big game, man, you gotta stay up.
Speaker 5: And when I was in when I was in Europe that summer, the Reds were making their push for the playoffs. Remember, and then when I was in South Africa, same thing, and usually I would try but like I just wake up and I'd see they either won or lost. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Reds fans were calling in like Matt needs to leave more often because every time he leaves, the Reds make the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'll be here for this one, so just be ready for them to I don't have the ad shant give me going and out?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, do you want to just wait till after the break so you can actually read it?
Speaker 5: You want to be missing around it during the break. I'm an improp guy, but that's all right. Five nine twenty two eighty seven Ask anything Wednesday, take a break right back to Caisser. So this for me is the saddest song. But we have some others coming in that are good. Old Violin by Johnny Paycheck. I'm thinking I know that one.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I know it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I fry stop it? Uh he stopped loving her today, George Jones. That's a good one. Uh hurt Johnny Cash. But he wasn't the first one to sing that, Trent, but his version was a little different. Whiskey Lullaby, that one. You think that's one of yours, isn't it. Yeah, it's the one where I would have to rip my clothes off and cry, Uh that's my job by Conway Twitty. He's way too creepy to have a sad song. I know we've talked about that a lot, but I when you explain to strangers Conway Twitty songs. I have a friend, she's from New Zealand, and I just played for her Conway Twitty songs and she's like, how is this allowed?
Speaker 2: Super popular?
Speaker 4: How do you bring that up?
Speaker 3: Because on the way back, you know, I had a ten hour drive back and I was playing it for the car and it was not popular.
Speaker 5: It's not popular. I mean, well understandably, I mean, uh, lay you down, and you've never been this You've never been this far before. Should have never been allowed on American rating. Bull bo If you want to really creep a woman out, play that song because when they say bump bump bomb, like the for younger listeners, like just go listen to that song that was a number one hit in America.
Speaker 3: And when he talks about his his hand touching for bitess places forbidden play and he goes up a key change on the bum bomb bomb.
Speaker 5: Yeah so gross.
Speaker 2: So why did the women of that generation?
Speaker 5: I loved him.
Speaker 4: They loved him. See.
Speaker 5: I think he put a roof in the entire country straight.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 5: It seems like most of these songs that are all country, what are some sad like non country songs?
Speaker 4: I think they're all country. It's all sad.
Speaker 7: So Sarah McLaughlin with the puppies, where all the puppies are dead, but they weren't dead when she put the song out the commercial.
Speaker 5: You had to give ten cents a day to keep them. I did. Yeah. Somebody says, shanting cancer by my chemical romance.
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar with that song.
Speaker 3: My answer, and I think this is, without a doubt, that's sad. It's more sad than Keith Whitley in my opinion, as Patty love is, how can I help you to say goodbye?
Speaker 4: Do you know that song?
Speaker 9: I do?
Speaker 4: Song?
Speaker 9: Is it is?
Speaker 5: She has another one? You don't even know who I am. You left me a long time ago. But again, these are all country. There's got to be like other ones. Maybe somebody can give me seven seven two seven seven four five two five four some other one. Southern Living magazine. First of all, didn't know they still had that.
Speaker 2: Unless I sit in a doctor's office.
Speaker 8: I do own.
Speaker 5: My grandmother got that, put it on her table.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: It was the only reading I think my grandmother did with Southern Living. Mad But when it came in you better not touch it because my granny was reading it with the rest Southern Living. There's no one around whose grandmother did not read Southern Living. Absolutely did you know it was still going did not? I'm going to the dentist in the morning, so no spoilers. And Southern Magazine put out the twenty six most historic restaurants you must visit in the South. Okay, Kentucky has three. These are restaurants you must visit that combine food, atmosphere and history to provide a great dining experience. Okay, let's see. Can you name the three restaurants that Southern Living has put from Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I'll say first, Patties, correct.
Speaker 5: Is on the list from Southern Living. Can you guess the other two? I will Well, I'm not gonna give you a hit.
Speaker 2: Colonel Sanders and Corbyn No.
Speaker 5: Because these are just nice places.
Speaker 2: Okay, the name is escaping me.
Speaker 5: But there's a place in Bargetown that's been there forever. It's a great call that's not on there. It's like Bell House or something. Some tavern Talburt Old Talbot, No Old Talbot Tavern. Speaking of taverns, come.
Speaker 4: On, we've been there, Phoenix Hill Tavern.
Speaker 2: Boon Tavern as well.
Speaker 5: Thanks for walking into that one spoon bread, Yes, Boone Tavern, and now one is in Louisville.
Speaker 3: I'm not good at Is this gonna be like pat Steakhouse or something or no, think close to where I live Skyline Chili.
Speaker 5: It is not Skyline Chili, Jack Fries.
Speaker 4: You could have given me one hundred guests. I wouldn't got that.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't I gotten Jack Fries.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've ever even been. Have you been to druck Froze?
Speaker 5: My mom likes to go there sometimes when she comes into town.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've been there.
Speaker 5: It's it's like white tablecloth. Not a lot of.
Speaker 4: Places like that are on those places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's there, So there you go. Those are southern livings. Three historic Kentucky restaurants you must we've been to. I've been all of them.
Speaker 2: So we've been to Patty's and Boone Tavern. I've not been to the Jack Riz.
Speaker 5: I mean we can walk to it from my house if you want to go, David in Louisville, go.
Speaker 13: Ahead, David, ah Yes. Questions two parts. What is the likeliness that Kentucky doesn't get their fifteenth recruit this year? In college basketball.
Speaker 5: I think the one. I think they'll get one. I don't know if it's I mean the fifth year stuff. We have to wait and see how it plays out. But even if it's an international kid I Drew, they'll get somebody, don't you very interested? I think they'll add somebody now, whether or not it's one of these stars that come from the fifth year. I think we got to see how the court stuff plays out.
Speaker 13: But go ahead, and then the second one. If college basketball recruiting just started for this upcoming season, where would these remaining players stack up? Do we got any top ten players out there? Top twenty? I think they'll hang up and listen to it.
Speaker 5: From a talent standpoint, Well, I appreciate the call. The Kim from Missouri would be top ten? Would you agree with that? Yeah? Well he's saying Mitchell. Yeah. Rephrase the If these guys had been eligible from the beginning the transfer rankings, where would they have been ranked?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Gotcha? Mitchell would have been top ten. Mitchell would have been high. Keyshawn Hall would have probably been like in the twenties, and people would have said, do you want to take the run with the baggage? I don't know where the Michigan State kid would have What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mitchell would be very high though, I mean, Color had a pretty big year and he's kind of a unique stretch the floor eight teens or twenty they'd all be top twenty five.
Speaker 5: They'd all be higher than everyone we got except Melon, and they'd probably all be ranked about where Alex Wilkins was, don't you think. Yeah, Melon would still be the headliner, and then although Mitchell would have been, Mitchell would have been top ten. I would say, yeah, that's why he's number one on my list. I hope they can get him done. Yeah. Apparently, from what I understand, most people think as long as any fifth year exemption exists that the Kishon Hall guy will be eligible. The Missouri kid and Kohler it's a little more. They're gonna need specific court rulings to hold up. But it looks like the kid from Auburn is almost so certainly going to be exist unless this legislation passes and just bans all of them. And I don't know if that's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: And Zoe said they're done. So if Kohler does come back front of the year, he's not going back to Michigan State.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're taking I guess if you're thinking about, like Pope, you're taking a risk with the Missouri kid or the Michigan State kid that you could add them and then they end up not being It is very likely that Kishan Hall, who to me is the biggest risk. He's also the one that's most likely to get eligible because he did enter the portal, he fits the age requirement, and he didn't sign an NBA contract, so.
Speaker 2: He has to look at though that is he a problem in the locker room?
Speaker 5: Well, five schools in five years, so you just have to make that decision. We'll take a break, come back. I renumber two. It's Ksorry