Speaker 1: Podcast starts now.
Speaker 2: Just kidding we trecked you as we have another amazing announcement about upcoming shows and I am not going to sugarcoat it. If you're in London, you can see me George Severs at the Soho Theater on February twenty fourth. The February twenty third show is sold out for the twenty fourth still has some tickets.
Speaker 3: And then I Sam, I'm doing an Hour in LA three times on March ninth, March twenty fourth, and April first. Get tickets to that as well.
Speaker 4: And if you are in New York City there are actually quite a few opportunities to see us. We will be doing a Stradio Lab live show at the Bellhouse. We are returning home to the Bell House, and that is on March thirteenth, Friday the third teenth, at seven thirty at the Bell House.
Speaker 3: And then in NYC, I Sam, I'm doing my Hour on the eighteenth at Union Hall, getting a bit intimate with it nights.
Speaker 1: Excuse me being British as kind of my thing. Sans MA shows are at London.
Speaker 2: So basically, if you are in London, New York City or Los Angeles, California, you have various opportunities to see us either together or separately.
Speaker 1: And that is all we have for now. Cheers.
Speaker 3: Podcast starts now, and Happy Monday, Happy Monday to all, Happy post Golden Globes Day to all of Hollywood. So you know, who knows when this will be coming out, but when we are recording, it is the day after.
Speaker 1: After the Golden Globes, which George did. I'll say it was there. I was there.
Speaker 5: I was not despite being employed by actually the Golden Globes organization to Clark Productions, I was not able to attend the actual show. I was in the overflow room for various amazing publicism producers and the people that keep this town running.
Speaker 3: Folks, Well, I think it's good that you weren't the main show, because I agree, what would I just look forward to?
Speaker 5: I was like, I hadn't eaten all day and I was trying to like find a block of cheese to eat while like like influencers are doing photo shoots and people were Do you know when you feel like legitimately invisible, like people are walking into you. Yeah, it was sort of amazing if it was like it actually felt like Zen Buddhism in that I was like, oh, here, I am invisible, despite the fact that I was in the least zen Buddhist place of all, which is a room full of kind of vultures and vampires. Yeah, it actually was such an out of body experience that I felt at peace.
Speaker 1: Well that's lovely. I have a question.
Speaker 3: So, when you're like working at an event like that, huh, do you transition into sort of employee mode, like sort of get pitiful. Whenever I'm in a space like that and working, I get pitiful quick.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. Hmm. Or are you like I'm taking up my space?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I think my general plan is act like you belong, but don't make yourself known. I don't want to be at any point looking around as though I'm lost.
Speaker 1: Like, even if I don't know where I'm going, I'm power you're walking fast, somebody to know where the bathroom was.
Speaker 5: And I just started walking in a random direction, and I was like, well if I just keep walking because we were like I bumped into walk.
Speaker 1: Turn right like a sim Yeah, I'll eventually find it. But yeah, you don't know where you're going. Where I'm going, I have to say, you know, I saw a bunch of celebs. Yeah, were your starstruck? I have to say I was much more starstruck this morning meeting our guest than I was meeting anyone I met.
Speaker 5: Well name and it actually really and we will bring her in and I feel we're talking about her while she's in the room.
Speaker 1: But there's something she walked in. I was like, finally an artist. I call these losers. It was like I was like what.
Speaker 3: I kept talking to people that were completely normal, and then someone will come up to him be like, did you know that's so? And so I'm like, okay, well could have fooled me because you look like a normal girl.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: This is the thing about actors is they're like literally just like falling into things. But you're like, wait, so you're famous, it's you just stumbled into that. You just like, we're really handsome.
Speaker 1: One day. At least act how do I put this?
Speaker 5: At least actors look like celebrities sort of bad musicians like tiktoki, bad musicians.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just normal people.
Speaker 3: There's something crazy like I'm like, where's the star power?
Speaker 1: Where's it?
Speaker 5: I can't imagine you, you know, eating a bat on stage or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm like where's the punk rock? Right right right, right right right.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I I was proud of myself for not.
Speaker 1: Being more starstruck.
Speaker 3: I was like, Okay, I have some soul left, and you're like, to me, you guys are normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was just pushing aside Amanda Stafer. I was like, excuse me, you're in my way. Did you plug the pod at all? Or were you like to come like you have to come on?
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's see, that's I will never succeed in this industry because no. I literally was like, I forget I was there. I forgot I'm in any way involved in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 1: That's why people kept being like, so what do you do. I'm like I don't. I don't and someone like nothing, I don't lose.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I wrote for I wrote for Marybeth on the Carpet.
Speaker 5: And then someone goes, are you a are you a writer outside of that? And I literally didn't know how to answer. It's like, the answer is yes, yes, I'm a professional writer.
Speaker 1: I get paid for it. But I didn't. I was like, oh, I've done some writing in the past. It's humiliating. I turned into that so bad, I get like sniveling. It's horrible. We need to bring in our gut, We need to bring in our guest. It is such a true honor. I'm buzzing. I'm buzzing. Please to the podcast Peaches. Oh hi, but.
Speaker 7: There wasn't one person that you were star struck about.
Speaker 1: Okay, let you know what, thank you call him out.
Speaker 5: Uh listen, when Julia Roberts walked by, you know, we grow up like that's someone that has been America sweethearts since we were kids. Obviously I was, I was starstruck. But the thing is, I don't think I said this to you earlier. But like my specific job there was on the carpet itself, so I legitimately saw every single person, like I probably saw two hundred famous people, and so you get desensitized so.
Speaker 1: Fast like I. So, you know, you turn around at some point you see I don't know, Leonardo DiCaprio or something, and he's like the tenth famous person in thirty seconds that you've seen in just to sort of like all right, keep it moving.
Speaker 6: But you don't because you don't hear what they're saying. You know, you get them because like if they said something that should actually like pique your interest.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that did happen to me and I have to redact the names. But an A list actress I was talking to her okay actor walks in.
Speaker 5: She goes, oh, here comes so and so he's gay.
Speaker 7: What does that mean? What does that mean?
Speaker 5: She meant that he was actually gay or she was making a joke. I sort of had this theory and maybe this is my only sexist. I had this theory that maybe he like had rejected her in the past, and so she had some like foranity like.
Speaker 7: I still like him.
Speaker 3: But the tone I was like, you're kookie, Well that's interesting to so I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: I did you know, I think it was interesting.
Speaker 6: I was just like, see, I was on Okay, I was playing charades with a bunch of people, which is funny with Germans who are not funny, and one person was like, oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know this band. You know they're cool, but you know they're gay, And I was just like.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, Oh you thought they were using it like the derogatory way.
Speaker 7: I just didn't understand what it means. What does it mean?
Speaker 6: Like you know they're they're so cool to get like it was some kind of like crutch or some kind of like I don't know, so I don't know if it's interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's kind of like, okay, so what is that.
Speaker 1: I think what's interesting is just the idea of this like elegant actress in like a beautiful dress, seeing a guy walk in and being like the wort.
Speaker 7: Right, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It shows like a weird immaturity.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's what it is.
Speaker 5: And I think that was the most quote unquote interesting thing about it is seeing people let down the hair a little bit and be because they're like among their own kind, like be gossiping.
Speaker 6: I thought that's what they do. I know, I thought they do gossip. I know, anyone strategically gossiping.
Speaker 1: Anything too drunk the win. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like, I don't know if you feel this way in the music world, but like I do think people, because there's phones everywhere, have gotten very worried about seeming out of control in any way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think that's across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that does make things like that less interesting, That's true. I didn't see anyone. I mean, I'm sure there were people doing drugs and stuff and not in front of me. But I feel like I don't know a few like twenty years ago, I would have been seeing people do lines at the after party.
Speaker 7: Right right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they didn't like go in the bathroom and make that a thing like you and then you feel left out because they didn't invite you. And then you know, then you say okay once and then they're like come, come, come, mad that's gone, and then you.
Speaker 7: Don't want to again and then they're like, oh, you leave me.
Speaker 6: Hind totally, it's like this whole game, Like it's yeah, they like become mad at you. Yeah, they're mad at you because you're not doing enough or you don't want to do it at all or oh okay, then you're out. Yeah, and it's like but it's like I remember, I was a person just put it on the table. They made lines for everyone and they were like do it or not, I'm doing it.
Speaker 7: I just think like not that I care, but it was I care that they.
Speaker 6: Try and make it so secretive, secretive, and that it's like that's that's their little thing, like that's gonna like bring us together totally.
Speaker 3: Well, the whole point of I don't know, you would think the whole point of partying in substances is like to be inclusive in some way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but it's all like I didn't, you didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's to find new levels of exclusions because first you have to get in. Then you have to get into the bathroom with these two people. Yeah, that's the extra extra VIP.
Speaker 7: It's funny because there's there's in Berlin.
Speaker 1: I start to say these things.
Speaker 7: No, but it's just cute. They have like they have.
Speaker 6: A room and everybody knows that's the room where you want to If you want to do that, you go in there.
Speaker 7: If you don't, you don't have to see it. But it's open, like to go in there.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you about Berlin because you mentioned something which is of course the universal truth, which is that Germans are not funny. You are very funny, which we're going to get into because we want to talk about the new album. My sister lives in Germany. I've spent time in Germany.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with that?
Speaker 7: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with that?
Speaker 6: It's really funny because it's just like sometimes you wonder if it's like English is a second language, because you know which is not fair because I'm not learning German even though I'm there for so long. But if it's English as a second language, or they just can't let themselves go, they're just like oh no, or they don't get it, or there's this sort of like a cultural history with certain words that that that that feed into each other or in North America that they just don't get. I wish I could like cite a perfect example right now, but I I cannot think about it. But what they used to have this commercial like a long time ago on which I thought was pretty funny for Germans. They were it was talking about learn English and it was a commercial and in the commercial there's guys in a submarine and they're like sinking and they're like.
Speaker 7: Help help, we're sinking.
Speaker 6: We're sinking Their Americans we're sinking, and the Germans asking like what are you thinking about?
Speaker 7: But I thought that.
Speaker 6: They love like slapstick humor, which is really like bass immature, like whoa Somebody Fell, which is so funny.
Speaker 7: Because they hide themselves.
Speaker 6: They pride themselves in such like high you know, self intellectual.
Speaker 3: Well do you think it's like the It's like so much funnier to see a serious person slip and falling a ban appeal than like a silly person.
Speaker 1: It is, well, yeah, the funny thing is always the opposite what you're used to. But I also I wonder if slapstick, you know, with the Germans, obviously the elephant in the room is always oh, our history. I wonder if.
Speaker 5: The way for them to be like, well, if it's as far removed from the cerebral as possible, Like, there's no way for slapstick to be problematic. It's ultimately like the joke comes from the physical comedy. The joke comes from falling. You can't accidentally say the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: Whereas kind of like self flagellation, it's self flagellation, yeah right, right, Okay, that's cool. Whereas like a more sort of like intellectual humor or like your type of humor that's more sort of like sexual and word play and towing the line of being offensive, but then like bringing it back in that's maybe too risky.
Speaker 6: It's funny because I was in like a state theater production of a bertal Brech play where you can't like change stuff.
Speaker 7: So but the director.
Speaker 6: Did this amazing thing where she turned it into like a very like modern feminist act where she started to after the actual play, she started to bring in other elements and it turned into a peachiesh show where I could do what I want, but they had like translation of my lyrics and they just didn't translate in the poetic sense that I find them in their double entangres huh.
Speaker 7: And so people after the show they were like, that was very cross.
Speaker 6: You said this, and I'm like, well, it was so hard to explain to understand how that's like funny or interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the new album No Loops So Rude, No Loops So Rude.
Speaker 3: February twentieth, I should say, yeah, we've been listening to We've been listening It's to Die For. It's so it's like abrasive funny, like it's dancy fun and then like, yeah, you really are like so good at towing that line of abrasive and then like pulling it back and being like sweet and the really moments of transcendence and like true emotional depth. I think, yeah, like it's it's.
Speaker 1: Like double on lube sex whole and then suddenly it's a whole something will like take You'll be like, oh, this was all leading to like this profound statement I just was, really, it almost feels like a culmination Do you feel like it's like a culmination of I don't know everything you've done in the best.
Speaker 6: I mean, is it you kind of feel like, how can I bring in everything that I've done but also really feel present in twenty twenty six? You know? And I think production wise it's got real twenty twenty six feel to it. I think that I felt pushed more to just like go for the real dance and the real like power of it, you know.
Speaker 7: It just like, yeah, it's not easy though, of course, but yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Wanted to bring in emotion and vulnerability, but also understand that the revolution needs joy, the revolution needs humor. Yeah, well the revolution is humor and the revolution is on oh my God and also like the Sorry and.
Speaker 7: Canadians. So the last album was ten years.
Speaker 6: Ago, and it just seems like it's it's hitting harder and you got to go in harder and deeper.
Speaker 5: What I love about this album especially, but your music more broadly, is a lot of the messages you have which are about like, you know, there's a great lyric that's like technic crats eat a Josh technocrats eat.
Speaker 1: It's great. So I mean obviously it is anti imperialist, that is anti capitalist. That is uh, you know.
Speaker 5: You have very progressive politics, but so often music with those messages is like kind of corny and you are completely not that at all, and it's always huge.
Speaker 6: That's hard, It's really hard, and I appreciate it. But that's really the point.
Speaker 7: Yes, because I wanted to be music.
Speaker 1: But also like laugh out loud funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know we can yet that because I mean, like the the God, I should know. I wrote some lyric like Panna Cottacotta Delight that song.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is so funny, like this is.
Speaker 6: Wi old you mean like like I'm yes, I'm old, solid gold, a woman in control of all their holes and my roles, I feel my goals.
Speaker 1: Like what was the like, I still bless you. If you beg I will fist you up your ass past.
Speaker 7: Did you swear to me icon issues?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, no, it's so amazing.
Speaker 5: I got venereal. Take me away straight to the clinic. Convert you to gay, keep.
Speaker 7: It up or get out of my way.
Speaker 5: Straight to the clinic. Convert you to gay. So no, that's really good.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, so, and.
Speaker 6: I also like it's crazy because I'll like conversion the conversion canter coming back, it's like, well, it's convert the other way, like you do that. And I think I play a lot with that like absurdity that I find things so absurd that if you switch it, people find it more absurd. But if you look at it, it's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 5: Well, you actually are doing what comedians are supposed to do, which is strip fascist topics of their like seriousness by making fun of them. You are saying, look at how stupid that is, and you're clipping it on its head.
Speaker 3: Well this we talk about this a lot where it's like people right now love to like point out hypocrisy and it's sort of like it doesn't do anything. It's sort of like, well they have to feel shame if you want to point on a hypocrisy and like you just being like I'm making fun of you, I'm telling you to eat a jog shrap. It's like almost like juvenile in the right way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure a lot of people have feelings about like a South Park, but to me, it's got that like insane toilet humor, but also doing that. I'm sure people have feelings whatever, but I really that hit me hard.
Speaker 3: No, I'm a South Park stand Yeah, well we wanted to talk to you about People ask you a lot about your musical influences, but I want to talk about your comedic influences.
Speaker 5: So I mean, I'm definitely getting South Park. I'm definitely getting like John Waters, Like who else has influenced you?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know influence, but I love Maria Branford, Like there is somebody who's taken like mental health personally, but also like show shown who she is, and also like you don't know, you don't know where you stand with that in such a really important way. Yeah, and like also like almost like oh you okay, but also.
Speaker 7: This is amazing. You just did a stand up just for your parents.
Speaker 5: Like and another person who you know talking about mental health is another thing that often can be corny, and she's never a Courtney.
Speaker 1: I guess that's probably like the biggest challege.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really you know, I became friends with Sarah Squirm yeah before I saw the The Special, And there are so many elements that we relate to each other that we're so excited about basically prolapse, body hair, a lot of but yeah, the main for my live show, the main theme is prolapse. It used to be like dick pussy hole, but now we're all like, let's be more inclusive.
Speaker 5: When do you think all of the prolapse shift happened? Like twenty sixteen Trump's for a selection.
Speaker 6: Definitely. I looked at his face and I thought, yeah, you're in.
Speaker 5: The prose era, in the prolapse era, in a prolapse era. This is genius actually, Like I really think it's it's the perfect metaphor for the era we're in because it's humiliating and.
Speaker 6: High reality but actually so interesting. So many layers, completely layers, so many like just shades of colors and shapes.
Speaker 1: And there's also sort of a like we did this to ourselves.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good point there.
Speaker 1: And it's interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then there's something about, you know, you live your whole life with a tight asshole, and you're saying this, you know, Okay, I know how to go through life with a tight asshole. Suddenly it's prolapsed. How can we work with this? Like it's about resetting your expectations because we live in a prolapse world, they're true beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and things that grow in places that you didn't expect them to, because if it grew in you know, when your genitals are grew in your breast, that would be a sort of badge of honor for some you know.
Speaker 1: No, we are also a fisting era. And yes, fisting is a huge part of your new record.
Speaker 7: Fisting is a huge part of my new record.
Speaker 1: I just heard the fist lines and I was like, she still, it's a lot of fisting.
Speaker 7: It's fine. Yeah, because there's a lot of fisting lines.
Speaker 6: More I realized I thought I didn't have and then I look back there were also fisting lines from before.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I feel like it's more like like also just like.
Speaker 6: Metaphysical or also the symbol of power or like fight to you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was a play we both saw in New York called Prince Faggot that was sort of like had a moment, Yeah, and there's a monologue about and of course I'm going to butcher it. But it's like how when you fist someone you can feel their heartbeat or something. And I was trying to make some connection between you know, the embodied fisting experience and some more profound like human.
Speaker 1: Connection coming close. Yeah, yeah, which I feel like is very this wreck very no loops, so rude.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, this is something I feel like I've been doing this sex recently on stage, which kind of makes me like anxious, Like I'm always like, I'm like, is this weird? Like I get like shameful talking about sex stuff, and I'm like, do you ever feel like is that something you had to work through? Was it? Very?
Speaker 1: Like I'm comfortable with this off the bat, I.
Speaker 6: Think, to be completely honest with you, shameful in real life is a more of a topic working through, but performatively it makes a lot of sense. Yeah, So I don't. I don't feel shame in that way, and I feel like it's a setting free and it's a manifestation. Yeah, but there's still stuff to like work through through childhood, cultural all that stuff that you know, shame like we are we are born and bread to be shameful of our bodies. Yeah, like that that is what it is, you know if you think about and then all the like all the swear words are parts of your body, like you dick, you asshole, such a ti whatever, like you always say these things are all negative fuck you, you know, like a acts and things like that.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're taking count back, but you.
Speaker 6: Know it's it's we're just like that's what we're supposed to and that's all we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I've.
Speaker 5: Never thought about that, Like the most human parts of us are what we use as swear words.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, that's true, you tooth.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay. So you mentioned the album being very twenty twenty six, which I really agree with. Well, when we were talking about, you know, competres.
Speaker 7: Yeah, personally, but we were talking about.
Speaker 1: Sam made this point that it's very like slat pop.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, I love that album.
Speaker 1: It made me proud.
Speaker 6: I felt like, this is next level of what I've like, this is what I envisioned pop music totally, you know, and I felt like that that was a big moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a wild one.
Speaker 3: And this feels very in that same vein in a nice way where it's so viscerally about sex.
Speaker 1: It's not like hiding it.
Speaker 6: I feel like, well, I feel like, again, I don't know if it's about sexual acts as much as like slip pop, like you know, fuck me, how you want to just fuck me, fuck me, you know, stuff like that, which is great, but I feel like it's it's more like, yeah, around the political and idea of using sex as like metaphor, but also not in like a shy way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, using the language of sex the languages themes of fascism.
Speaker 1: And I mean, but.
Speaker 7: That's what's up. Like it's like you can't you know, oh, just.
Speaker 6: Like if we just just everything, like just all the you know, backlashes, trans issues, the queer issues, the all the you know, the secretive Epstein files, like all of it, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: It doesn't make any sense. Why why that is secret?
Speaker 6: And why you know, when you're probably giving seventy two cents a year of your taxes for transgender affirmation care. It's like seventy two cents a year, why are you complaining like I'm not giving my money to that, you know, or like zero point zero two percent of the college athletes are trans?
Speaker 7: Why is it even at the top. So it's just like but then.
Speaker 9: There is like full out crazy Epstein trauma. People lives ruined, like and that's hidden, you know, and that's and and they're not the same, you know, one is there's gender in there's sex, but it's all about our bodies and having our our.
Speaker 6: Understanding our like letting us be us everybody and everybody be themselves.
Speaker 1: How do you go.
Speaker 5: About, uh, translating the feeling or describing now into actual words? Because I feel like you are someone who is empathetic feels a lot like I assume.
Speaker 1: When you read the news.
Speaker 5: It like hurts you if you read something you know, very very violent or traumatic. And yet the music is actually very focused. It's not like you yelling into a mic and just like like it's very focused.
Speaker 1: And but you know what I mean, the lyrics are precise, the production is very careful.
Speaker 5: So what is the process like translating all the all that cloudy chaos into into something concrete.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does it?
Speaker 7: You just try it? You just try it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's.
Speaker 6: I feel like I love like all out anger, and I love moments of that, and I think I have that on the album too, like not in your mouth, none of your business, right right.
Speaker 7: There with it.
Speaker 6: But also I want I want I want people to dance like this has always been my thing. I want people to dance along with it and then go like, oh, what did I just sing along with oh whoa, Yeah, I sing along with that. Yeah, that feels even better to sing dance along with or change you know, I don't know, just trying away, yeah.
Speaker 1: Who I know. We talked a little bit about Kim who are other like younger younger, like newer people that you're inspired by or that you feel like kinship with.
Speaker 6: I feel like there's a lot that it's really fun actually because I feel I have a feeling, either if it's musically or stylistically or lyrically, I feel like somebody's close to me and I'll contact them and it's like hello, mother, I've been waiting for you, and it's so fun so even yeah so. But someone like Cortiza Star, I don't know if you know them. They're like taking hip hop to a really like a weird, awesome, like just blown out way and it's it's very cool. They're going to be opening for me on part of the tour. Also, Pixel Grip will be opening and they're more like this like heavy electro style. There's a German band, Brutalist must three thousand that reminds me a lot of like more Crystal Castles or early like digital hardcore from Melin and I mean there's a lot of people I've I feel like what's cool about music, about musicians and the music people are making now that it's not as pure Like there were this questions of purist back then, especially when I started like what kind.
Speaker 7: Of music is this? Is this rock? Is this performance or is this you know?
Speaker 6: Now, it's like you could have like speed metal and like celindion vocal, you know all, and then it could switch to to like like a pop about hyper pop ballot Like it's just it's all mixed up, and I think that that's that's healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can be freeing.
Speaker 3: Should we do our door for segment? Okay, we're gonna do it for a segment a segment. So our first segment is called straight Shooters, And in this segment, we're going to ask you a series of rapid fire questions. It's basically this thing or this other thing, and you just pick one. And the only rules you can't ask any follow up questions or we will get You.
Speaker 1: Have to just go with your gut. Okay, Okay, George kick us off, Yes, I will kick us off.
Speaker 7: Okay, Wait, what if I don't know what you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Okay, ready angry. No loops so rude or no food I'm stoofed.
Speaker 6: No loops so.
Speaker 1: Rude, Okay, no loops so rude or you snooze, you lose. No loops so rude, burning bush or itchy tush.
Speaker 8: Oh, teaches of peaches or teaches of Ivy League institutions peaches.
Speaker 1: Boys want to be her? Or toy story three.
Speaker 7: Sucks boys want to be her?
Speaker 3: Okay, an early riser or a girly geyser, girly guyser, Jesus Christ superstar or Pedro motivar.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's motiva. Okay, posting a dude or fisting a dude.
Speaker 7: Fisting dude of course.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Well, we rank all our guest performance on a scale of zero to one thousand doves, and I'm gonna be honest, that was a clean, one thousand.
Speaker 1: Clean, one thousand doves. Incredible work.
Speaker 7: Has anybody not got.
Speaker 1: I think maybe only four people have gotten like around there? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, is that when doves cry?
Speaker 5: No, it's actually from a little known Lady Gaga song called one thousand Doves from the CHROMATICA album.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a deep cut.
Speaker 6: I was just saying that, Yes, exactly, great great, thank you for that fun fact of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you know the wrapper Cupcake? Oh yeah, don't you think she's amazing? Oh yeah, because I feel like she's in your tradition. Yeah, like I feel like you two.
Speaker 6: Love Cupcake very hardcore by very hardcore, way more hardcore than I could ever be.
Speaker 1: Her new album, which didn't get as much.
Speaker 7: It was like.
Speaker 1: A few months ago. It didn't get enough. There was enough writting about it. But it's she's like lyrically at the peak of her powers. It's crazy, like you just it's like a genius at work.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know what.
Speaker 6: I'm also really proud of a lot of like flatuation, flatulation references. Yeah, and also just on more like you know, making things more funny or real in that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's ice spice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking about farts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always confuse self flagellation and flatullation fratulation.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's questions.
Speaker 1: Self fratulation or self flatulation. Well, actually, in the pro lapsed world, it's almost like those two converged. Self flagellation converged with flatellation, then they got prolapsed.
Speaker 7: What you know that like a haircut? Is it like a quiff?
Speaker 1: Like a like a quaff a cuff.
Speaker 7: What's a quiff? Nothing?
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Well, sorry, you're saying a cough and a quief.
Speaker 6: Your quaff quiefed you like a special kind of quaff markin quief, you.
Speaker 1: Can quef for your cough. You always American is referenced in your album as well. I always love when people reference Americans, Yes, because it reminds me of the time when bin Laden was assassinated and my friend said, I'm proud to be a Murkin.
Speaker 3: I couldn't that was knowing. Yeah, the Merkan always confused me. I was sort of like, wait, so why did this exist?
Speaker 6: It was for I mean, I might I I don't really know, but I think that it was. Was it during the plague or during some some really bad history time where people were having a lot of trouble and uh, sex workers had to shave their.
Speaker 7: Their hair and.
Speaker 6: To be more attractive they used mrcants. And this is a different answer I've given on a different podcast, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Most say, what you're promoting is that.
Speaker 7: Like that my own method like making up for what is about?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's as good as a reason as any I can.
Speaker 6: Think of, but I know that it's about like I don't know if it was the plague or but I know that people had to shave for health reasons and then they were embarrassed and put on mrcans.
Speaker 7: Which is so cool because now it's like the opposite, the opposite.
Speaker 1: Well, except the bush is back.
Speaker 7: The bush is back, back the bush.
Speaker 6: There is a a really cool musician another one in Berlin named Dornica or Dornica, and she has an awesome song called bring back the Bush.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Well, should we get into our straight topic?
Speaker 3: Yes, well, we touched on it a little bit, touched on a little bit, so you know, we asked the guest to bring a straight topic and we discussed ahead of time what we would talk about.
Speaker 1: We decided a show because we were you know, we're started talking about the Golden globes blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: And you said something which shocked me. You were like, I've never been on an award show. No, does it appeal to you at all?
Speaker 7: I think it's like a weird thing where you say it doesn't appeal to you at all.
Speaker 6: But if you're being honored, then you're like yeah, and you're like, what am I doing? So in a way, you're sort of like perpetuating what everybody.
Speaker 7: Else does on these award shows.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: I was on one award show. It was like the Enemy, you know, the Enemy Awards. A long time ago.
Speaker 7: I gave an award to.
Speaker 6: Radiohead and I remember reading out and was I screwed it up because I read it out and I said, and the winner's me, you know, like trying to be different and funny. And then Tommy, Tommy came up like, Okay, thanks, it's actually.
Speaker 1: That's someone with a real amazing sense of.
Speaker 7: I don't know, maybe they really do. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess I don't technically know. Little project it very obviously, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I don't know if I'm built for for award shows.
Speaker 7: I also get a lot of.
Speaker 6: The anxiety if you have to read teleprompters. I feel it's so weird. I'm like, it goes too fast and you just don't feel spontaneous.
Speaker 1: Have you ever performed in like, uh, I don't know, I don't know what. I'm sure it's not like a corporate kick, but like for a room of like stiff business y famous people where you're just like it's not it's not your crowd, and you just have to like go through the motions of the show.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 6: I've definitely performed for stiffies, but not really like a bunch of celebrities like a Grammy no oh no no. The closest thing I did was Samantha Bees This is not the correspondent, but that was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and everyone's on your side.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean yeah, So I haven't really had that.
Speaker 6: But I've had stiff people where I've like maybe played for like like some kind of fundraiser where there's like people who are patrons and they don't know who I am. And I remember one time I decided to do this act where I go to sing in white pants and then my period just happens the pants and their tear aways. So I'm like standing there and I never sing and the music's playing, and then you know, blood is seeping through the white pants and then I pull them off and it's just like kind of bloody on my and then this woman was so terrified that I ran off stage and ran after her.
Speaker 1: And that was a foundraiser for Saint Jude's Children's hospital.
Speaker 6: Right, it was like an art thing actually, but yeah, I started just running after people.
Speaker 7: I was like, what can I do?
Speaker 1: Now? That's amazing, I will say.
Speaker 3: I'm always like like I'm always like, yes, please more punk rock, be nasty. And then one time I was watching a Sarah squirre, like I was watching Sarah squirm and I just started getting so genuinely nauseous and I was like I'm going to throw up, like and it was like I was like, what is going on? Like I had to leave and like go dry heave outside for a little bit, and I was like, what is wrong with this?
Speaker 1: Is honestly how I feel it.
Speaker 7: Did you understand? Did you find out what it was?
Speaker 1: I don't. I think it was just like you get nauseous. I get nauseous. I struggle with body horror, I have to say.
Speaker 5: And it makes me feel like such a little due because I'm like in theory, I think it's so like I think in theory. In theory, I love David Cronenberg movies, but every I'm like, oh, just.
Speaker 7: Sticking their fingers.
Speaker 3: I mean even like even the Pit or something. Yeah, I'm like I'm gonna I always I watch like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a performance artist in Europe. She's from Vienna. Her name is Florentina Holtzinger. I talk about her a lot because she's incredible. She does like these huge productions that are both like everyone is female identified and naked on stage like chainsawning wood or like like motorcycle driving around other bodies or like falling downstairs, but also just like high art and just crazy, crazy, amazing stuff. And they did a a recreation of an old opera called Sancta, which is about lesbian nuns. And there were people that got fully nauseous to this. If people were running out and puking because there's also they also do like hooking.
Speaker 1: Hard to watch. We were just a folsome street fair. Have you ever been there in San Francisco?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have, and.
Speaker 3: Sting, pissing, and like I celebrate all of it, but it's like there is like I got nauseous. Well, you know what's funny, it's like all the whole the reason those things that I'm having is because you're taking people that are participating or taking back something that should be shameful. Yeah, and then you are confronted with your own in harem prejudices and shame. No matter how accepting an inclusive you think you are. It's like you see something unfamiliar, something that is combining something that's shameful with something that's sexual, and you don't have time to unpack that in the moment.
Speaker 6: So in the moment you're like, oh, well, I have well for someone to say, Like when you had that experience at the Sarah Squirm show, was it live like you were there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So were you like I hate the show or no?
Speaker 3: It was like, I think I was performing too, so I was also probably nervous, and so I was like, I think I was like watching her getting nauseous.
Speaker 1: Both. I don't really get nauseous, even just before performing, if I.
Speaker 6: Get yeah, yeah, I understand that. Yeah, I used to get nauseous a lot more. This is not about sexual anything, but in cars and in planes. And then I realized it's because my mom was smoking in the car with the windows up, and people were smoking on planes.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 7: I realize, Oh, it's just smoking that makes me nauch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I still, like always obviously always loved Sarah's vibe.
Speaker 1: I was just like it was hidden in a different way. Well, there is.
Speaker 5: I do think there's an entire I don't know, sort of genre of things that you can like in theory but not in I don't think that's true for Shara. We both love sir, But like, there are just things, even music too, where I'm like, in theory, it's so cool someone is doing this, and I want so badly to like it, but it's not.
Speaker 6: For me right, Like in theory, Gigi Allen shitting on stage is cool, but do I really want to smell this shit?
Speaker 7: And do I want him to hold it up to my nose exactly?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Were you aware of the time when Lady Gaga had a vomit artist vomit on her at south By Southwest.
Speaker 7: Yes it was green vomit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, that's a great example.
Speaker 7: You know, it's so funny.
Speaker 6: Because the Florentina Whold singer, I'd seen her do that exactly with green vomit, not saying I don't know that Lady Gaga knew anything about that. But there's also this, uh, Jubilee Brown. There was this a Toronto artist who and I don't know if it was there's a Okay, now I'm gonna get is there some artist.
Speaker 7: Ah money or not monee. But some some artist doesn't use a certain color literally like the artist.
Speaker 1: Talking about some like avant garde.
Speaker 6: Or like uh, someone in someone in your podcast right now, but they literally had that color like in their mouth and entered the museum and puked all over the paintings.
Speaker 7: In that color.
Speaker 1: WHOA, my god.
Speaker 6: This is like a huge history of like performance artist. Yeah, I'm puking.
Speaker 5: Like I want to know more about your relationship to the art world because it's something that is so uh. The art world is often so alienating to me into both of us, I think because it's such a closed black box and so often it feels like it's a way for rich people to launder money and very valid, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 5: And I but then occasionally you will see something You'll like walk into the gallery and see something transcendent, and you're like, Okay, so there is still interesting stuff happening, but I feel so not knowledgeable about where to go and where to find it, Like are you involved in that world.
Speaker 6: I have friends that are artists, and I like their work and I feel their their work is important. I you know, the art world is very confusing. I can't even understand it, so because I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you overlap with that, Like I think people could call your performance through that's amazing. Do a line of mercans? Yeah you thought about that. Yeah, what brand partnerships are we thinking for this album cycle? Uber Eats? Maybe an AI company?
Speaker 7: Yes, all the AI companies.
Speaker 1: It's good, it would be great for you.
Speaker 7: How do you spell it again?
Speaker 1: We'll look it up. We'll look it up.
Speaker 7: I have done. I did. I used to sell mercans at my show.
Speaker 1: They were the color of that money is not allowed to use.
Speaker 7: No, we had the like the paint beside it, and you could puke on the.
Speaker 3: Puke on your own. It's more sanitary that way. Yeah, I guess to return to Award shows being straight. Yes, I think this is something. This is maybe I hate when this is a new peeve I'm building, Okay, where it's like when things are for the cameras more than the people in the room, and they have people in the room, like I can see the exhaustion of people like sitting there being like, Okay, we gotta like smile more because it's all gonna be on camera, Like we gotta take it again because it's gonna be on and I'd rather they like do an event, film it and then like cut it together later, right, because I get annoyed when something is a live event as a performance of what a live event is and not actually just a live event.
Speaker 7: Do they do that? A lot of award shows do it over again.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 3: They're like taking stuff again if it doesn't like if you like stumble over it or like that's not true.
Speaker 1: It just it doesn't have that like I don't know, so few things now have that like live feel where you think like something could go wrong and maybe someone makes a mistake and takes a wrong step, like it's also edited or something.
Speaker 3: Well, there's like a sanitization where even like you like saying like in the Winter is me, I'm like, we.
Speaker 1: Need more people should do that. We need even to like fuck with it a little bit. Yeah, why didn't Julia Roberts do that at the Golden Globes? Would if it's so funny?
Speaker 7: Did she win?
Speaker 1: No? She presented one of the big awards like Best Picture or something, right, Yeah, what was the best?
Speaker 7: But I don't know, I don't tell to you.
Speaker 5: Best Picture Comedy was one battle after another, which is crazy that it was included comedy, it's not really comedy.
Speaker 1: And then Best Picture Drama was Hamnet.
Speaker 7: Have you seen that either? Have you No, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I'm curious too. I've heard Jesse Buckley is uh, who won Best Actress last night, is like phenomenal in it, and she's sort of cool to me. She seems cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, Well no, And then the other issue, of course, is like Awards for Creativity is completely insane.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I'm always like, why are we doing this?
Speaker 6: And then also why do people dress up? Why is everybody dressing a red carpet look? And then it's like judging, it's just judging all the time. Yeah, it's more judging again, it's judging the best award is judging the best outfit.
Speaker 1: And it's like, but yeah, it's interesting because award shows in some ways are very gay.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously they're created try and four gay guys, but there is something I think it's almost like they're gay in retrospect. They're gay as like cultural moments you can look back on and be like, oh, she was fabulous, blah blah, But in the moment it's very straight because it feels like you're they're just hurting cattle.
Speaker 1: They're like, look at this one, right, I lost weight. Look at this one. Her hair is different. Yeah, look at this one. She got a divorce.
Speaker 5: It's just like it's truly just like a lineup of people that are being judged. I feel like something that's very straight is like the archetype of the entertainment tonight, like interviewer, like someone who's like, so.
Speaker 1: We're having an amazing time here, Peaches, the new album is fabulous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and so I do think it's like in the moment, there's almost something like sounds.
Speaker 7: Very campy the way you're saying that's true.
Speaker 1: I know it. Well, you're doing like hunger game style hunger.
Speaker 3: There is it is very hunger, It's true, But I feel like there's such a lack of uh, imperfection, like everything has to be like so perfect, and even when someone's being like I'm rocker.
Speaker 7: They're like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: The other thing that straight about it is that in theory, the you know, they're trying to reward art, but in practice, to state the obvious, there's like campaigns happening, and of course the Best Actor Award is not going to go to I don't know, the person that gave the best performance whatever that means. It's gonna go to like whatever studio paid. So it is like I think the straight thing about it is just turning art into a competition, which like you know, but then of course the camp comes out of that because it's so rigid right that you can the seams start to show, and that's when it's fun.
Speaker 7: It has to be surfaced, but so like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can find depth in the shallowness.
Speaker 3: To quote Daria, there you go. I do think being a presenter awards show is like seems kind of fun, oh totally, like because it's such a low like I feel like the bit you have to do like doesn't have to be like amazingly funny, Like if you're even like half funny, you can like be like blow their mind.
Speaker 1: It's because everyone's so stiff. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Maybe I feel like maybe it's a fine line, like you just don't know, like what's gonna you know.
Speaker 7: Be just weird for everybody else.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: This is also the outfits thing when it comes to I find so exhausting and even like as we like I've started to think more about outfits and like be like okay, so now like even just like normal events, I need to like have a fun outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, how do you make peace with that? Well? You always look it's like you're always in. This is sort of like Rick Owens, I know.
Speaker 7: Sure is.
Speaker 1: Clocked.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know, because it's also like that again with the Ward Show. It's like show as much skin as possible until the moment that it's gonna be talked about in a negative way, not not from my mind, but in that sort.
Speaker 7: Of straight like yeah, totally. It's so strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think that you should, Like I think the most punk rock thing you can do you could do specifically me tell me what I can is to wear just like the most conventional like form fitting, boob forward red dress and then do your hair like like a Hollywood startlet, like just like blonde like that.
Speaker 7: No, I think no one would battern and they'd be like, who's that?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I have a pitch. You wear like a life is Good T shirt like long rainbow flip flop.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's maybe you're like walking a dog. That's a really good.
Speaker 7: Maybe like a few dogs, like I'm a dog walking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you're on your phone the whole time.
Speaker 7: That's solitaire and I have a blue tooth like sal yeah, that's it. There we go.
Speaker 1: But the whole time on the blue it's not like a business call.
Speaker 3: You're like planning, like like like which highway you're going to take to get somewhere.
Speaker 1: Like you're like, well, there's a lot of traffic on the four one.
Speaker 7: Trying to get out of it, trying to get out of there.
Speaker 1: No loops, so rude. I love saying that that is catchy.
Speaker 7: It is if you don't, because you know, it's like all about.
Speaker 6: Getting to a new level and becoming and having comfort and finding new ways, not just like let's get it done from one one side to another. And it also it relates to you know, men a puzzle dryness of women. And also you know, fisting is not I mean, lube is not just for you know, gay men who forgot their paupers to fistl.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like if we're living in a prolapse era, the antidote is lube. It's like we have to enter a lube mindset.
Speaker 6: This is exactly what I'm talking about. Because's so much friction and dryness in the world, you know, So it's likely maybe if we had some like magical loube that could just like help us talk to each other or like interact with each other in a way that didn't feel so itchy exactly.
Speaker 1: So to recap, living in a prolapse world is the only prop world. I'm a live girl in a prolapse perhaps world. I do hate when there's loub on the floor and then for like a month, you're like, this is a danger.
Speaker 7: It is a danger.
Speaker 6: That's why I also had all these ideas like yeah, loub on stick no, no, no, that's sticks around.
Speaker 1: Who in the music industry do you think is a fraud?
Speaker 10: Who's a fraud in the music industry, like one of your peers, one of my peers. So funny, I don't even consider myself in the music industry.
Speaker 7: Let's just say that.
Speaker 6: Really Yeah, well, I don't really feel like part of the industry.
Speaker 1: Church like I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I feel like you're someone who like can dip into that whenever you want, because.
Speaker 7: You're so then I don't have to be. So that's what I mean. It's not like I'm not I'm not controlled, but you're in your stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's nothing better than saying that into a podcast micro vote. No, we've been called out for that before. Yeah, yeah, it's true. Are you afraid of AI?
Speaker 6: I I can't say that. I mean, yes, yes, of course, I think we're all afraid of what AI can do. I think that I do use AI, and like I think we all use it. Like it's there is uses for AI, and they're also creative uses, but there's also abuses. So it's really it's confusing. Yeah, it's very confusing, but it's also detrimental.
Speaker 7: And it's also like.
Speaker 6: AI can't get all the information because there's also all these libraries with amazing like archival information that has not been read to that needs to be all read to AI. If you really want to have everything, you know, there's gonna it's gonna kind of run out of its own information in some way, but which doesn't make it any less scary totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and then entire swaths of knowledge will be completely forgotten.
Speaker 6: And entire swaths of knowledge are not even being considered, and and of course people are pumping it with certain you know, fascism ideologies.
Speaker 7: And that's really scary.
Speaker 3: Too, because you live in Berlin. Does it feel shocking to come back, like to come to America now.
Speaker 6: Well, it feels shocking to come and you know, what happened this week, what happened last week with Venezuela, what happened this week with Renee Good is just it's uh, it's it's not shocking, but it's shocking. It's like, yeah, it's actually or you know, yeah, it's because it's going to be like martial law soon. Like I'm my tours in February, February twentieth, let's see if we're still here.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a great note to end on. You can take that out if you want.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I mean I do find it.
Speaker 3: It's so conf I mean, your work, you know, is dealing with the issues of our times. But it is hard to like plan for the future. It's sort of like what will be happening in a year. If I'm like planning something for a year from now, it's like, well, what what will the world look like?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I kind of feel like that also with writing an album too. I don't like save up all these things because like things happen you're right, they just happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and it's happened. But that's actually a sort of not a silver lining. But I completely agree with you that. Artistically, I feel like when you have an idea, you just have to express it now, yeah, because will either feel irrelevant or outdated or like too late if you do it in like six months. Like there's just like.
Speaker 7: Dick writing instead of like speaking out ye.
Speaker 1: Completely, yeah, does everyone speak out speak?
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm really I'm you know. I also want to mention like a band like the Lambrini Girls. I don't know if you know about them. They're like pure punk amazing, speaking off of fascism, like in the audience, starting their own mash pits, but like really responsible.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's this new age.
Speaker 6: Of like punk and speaking out but also taking care of everybody. Like there's this there is like care element that you know, even with like sex parties and things like that, but which which I think is very important.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I've always trne that to be a a nice part of that. Like the sex culture in general is very like after care focused and consent focused and testing focused and all this stuff, which I really appreciate without being.
Speaker 6: Corny, without the way that like, you can take it as far as you can take it, and everybody can take it as far as they need to and it's not really like the way you take it that far doesn't mean I have to.
Speaker 1: Final question for you. What's more annoying over intellectualizing sex or over intellectualizing nightlife?
Speaker 6: Hmmm, I would say over intellectualizing sex.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be embodied. Yeah, to be in the moment. Up, get going and get going? Should we? Let's do our final segment. So our final.
Speaker 3: Segment is called shout outs, and we pay homage to the grand straight tradition of the radio shout out, where we shout out anything that we are enjoying, people, places, things, ideas. We will go first the yes as brief as you want.
Speaker 1: George, I'm gonna do. I'm going to do the most like basic corporate shout out as a sort of commentary on the fact that we are with like an iconic punk rock musicch Great, Okay, what's up everyone? I want to give a shout out to Todd Snyder and specifically the Todd Snyder store at the Grove. I very last minute had to you know, attend a black tie event. I don't own black tie, you know, despite the fact that I'm currently wearing this pretty conservative outfit, I you know, normally think of myself as pretty alternative. And so I needed to.
Speaker 5: Buy a tuxedo last minute and they were able to rush everything, tailor it to my tastes. It was affordable, and I said, you know what, todd Snyder, you know what you're doing.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 5: Shout out to the sales rep at Todd Snyder who said that we shouldn't, who said we should hang out, but then didn't give me his contact info or tell me his name.
Speaker 1: I think you're rad. He had this whole story about his husband recently got laid off, so I want to send out my thoughts to him and hopefully hands on his feet, and pretty much shout out to all gay guys that work in customer service anywhere, whether it's your stores, restaurants, coffee shops, you are our bravest troops.
Speaker 5: And yeah, if Tuslaer hears this and they potentially want to give me like a gift card or something like that, I would be open to. That would also be open to, and I'll donate some of it to a cause of everyone's choice, like New Sox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, whoa thank you? Okay, I since you went corporate, I actually going to doub and go even more corporate and insidious. Okay, what's up freaks, losers and of course perverts around the globe. I want to give a huge shout out to the television program RuPaul's Drag Race. I you know, as we all know, we've had fatigue from this TV show for roughly a decade now, and then this week it came back and we watched it at my house and I said, you know what, this is fun. We've been through a cycle of like this is amazing, this is revolutionary, to like this is taking time off of my life, and to now I think we can be at a place where we are at peace with it and we are saying this is simply a part of our world and it's fun to watch. You don't need to freak out about it, you and just enjoy it. And I'm saying, you know, it's nice to have something to watch on a Friday night before.
Speaker 1: You're any eagle. Yeah, so shout out our bulls Drag Race. I really appreciate just having something to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, xoxo, Sam, Wow, and good luck to all the girls this season, and good luck to all the girls this sees, especially the ones we like.
Speaker 6: Good Luck to all the drag queens.
Speaker 1: This is all the dragons. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Okay, Peaches, I I've already said it, but I'm just going to shout out all the musicians who are making an effort to speak out and to integrate it in their show in a way that makes it powerful, that mobilizes people. And shout out to people who are speaking out and really saying something and keep doing it. It's so important, it's so important for us. I know we are all scared and it's really I'm closing my eyes because it's it's so real, like trying to scare us from saying anything. And it's so important. So shout out to all of you for saying something. Shout out for you for even thinking about it.
Speaker 1: That's it, And no lube So Rude is out. February twentieth, feb This is going on tour.
Speaker 6: It starts February twenty Europe, North America February twentieth to end of March.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, amazing, Thanks so much for doing the politic Thank you such a treat.
Speaker 1: We're so honored. Yeah, thank you. Okay, bye bye podcast and now for our visual learners. You can watch full video episodes on our YouTube channel and.
Speaker 3: Subscribe to our Patreon for two extra episodes a month.
Speaker 1: At patreon dot com. Slash Stradio Lab.
Speaker 3: Stradio Lab is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Me George Severis and Sam Taggart.
Speaker 3: Executive produced by Jenna Kagel, co produced by Becca Ramos, edited.
Speaker 1: By Lawrence and mixed and mastered by Doug Bam.
Speaker 3: Artwork by Michael Failes and Matt Grubb. Theme music by Ben Kling