Speaker 1: Hey, discos, need a little more Disgraceland in your life, just to touch to get you through. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: This is the podcast.
Speaker 1: It comes after the podcast. Welcome to Disgraceland, the after Party.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Disgraceland bonus episode, a little thing we like to call the after party. This is the show after the show, the party after the party. The bridge to get you from one full episode of Disgraceland to the other. The backyard, to dig into the dirt, our mission to uncover the truth, to confront the myth, to reclaim the story. On this bonus episode, the person that you expected to be here behind the mic talking to all of you beautiful people out there. The man, the myth, the legend, Jake Brennan. Jake is stuck. Man. He's at the airport, He's at the terminal. He's hanging on the telephone, flight after flight canceled. And so just like he is stuck in aviation purgatory, so too, you are stuck with me today the good doctor, doctor Lundy, talking about extreme music and extreme moments from music history. Plus we've got a brand new spanked episode of this film should be played loud to talk about all right, discos, let's get into it. It's true, guys, this is a first. The after party will not be hosted by Jake as usual today. This is not a drill. This ain't no prank. I'm not fool in, as Def Leppard would say, I was absolutely telling you the truth earlier. Typically, the way this works is that Jake writes and records these after party episodes on Wednesdays. He and I taped the exclusive all access portion on Wednesday Day as well, and then of course they're released into the wild on Thursdays. But Jake called me on Tuesday afternoon this week. He's been traveling with his family, and he called me to say that his flight home that night had been canceled, and by the time his rescheduled flight got him back on the saddle the next day, he wouldn't have enough time to write and record the after party. So here we are. I'm like, you know, Elvis Costello when he used to guest host for Letterman when Letterman went on vacation, and I'm psyched to be here. Actually, you know, I really am talking with all of you discos because you guys are the best. You know that, and I know that a lot of you are already probably familiar with my voice since I host the rap party over in our sister show, Hollywood Land. But all that said, thanks for bearing with us here. And you know, like Steve Winwood once said, you got to roll with it. Speaking of roll with it, that's a song that the band Slipknot would likely never cover. Well, I don't know, never say never. Did you guys know that? Way back in the day, way back in the early days of Slipknot, they covered the Humpty Dance by Digital Underground. Hell yeah, man, my name is Humpty pronounced with an umpty. How I'd like to funk? The slip Knot definitely one of the most extreme sounding bands we've ever covered here in Disgraceland. I was thinking about the other bands and artists that we've covered that are in a similar extreme sounding zone. There's Mayhem and Bursham and all the bands at the center of the Norwegian black metal scene that we covered way back in season one. There's gg Allen we covered him in season two. Pantera and the Murder of Dimebag Darryl Metallica early Metallica, which features in our story about the tragic death of their original bassist Cliff Burton Pentagram perhaps, but of course, in the case of slip Knot, their music has been accused of being so extreme that it led in one case, to murder. Back in two thousand and three, in sam Bernardino, California, twenty two year old Terry Ray Taylor was brewly murdered by a twenty year old and a sixteen year old who said that they had been listening to Slipknot immediately before and after the murder, specifically the song Disaster Piece, which was analyzed by authorities as this case went to trial. I'm not going to burn this story here. You can hear all about it in our new episode on Slipknot that just hit your feed this week on Tuesday. It's right behind this episode if you haven't listened to it yet. And as I know you guys know, this, of course isn't the first time that music, rock and roll, heavy metal, whatever you want to call it, has been put in the hot seat when something truly bad happens. We've covered a lot of these stories here, as you guys know, but here are some of the most disgraceful instances of music being blamed for extreme violence. In nineteen eighty five, two teenagers in Nevada entered a suicide pact. One died, the other one sustained severe injuries. Their families later sued Judas Priest, claiming that the band had purposefully inserted the phrase do it into their song better by You, Better by Me. Also in nineteen eighty five, the family of a nineteen year old Indio, California boy who had taken his own life the year prior, sued Ozzy Osbourne, alleging that the tragedy happened after he listened to Ozzie's Son Suicide Solution. In two thousand, the parents of a fifteen year old girl who had been murdered a few years prior by a group of teenage boys sued Slayer, claiming that the band's music had inspired the killing. And then there's all the stuff with the Beatles and Charles Manson, the Helter Skelter thing, the party line about Manson being inspired by the White album to start a race war. There's ACDC and the night Stalker Richard Ramirez, a fan of the band, and the ACDC hat left behind at one of the crime scenes, and how the band was blamed in the press. For inspiring that killing spree. Heavy music. Extreme music always had this stigma attached to it. When I was growing up back in the nineteen eighties, you didn't fuck with the dudes who listened to Priest or Slayer or early Metallica. Okay, they wore jean jackets and they grew peach fuzz mustaches. You crossed the street when they were coming your way. They were these social outcasts who were into weird shit, extreme shit, or so went the thinking. It's really fucked up to me, you know. Once I grew up and realized that the stigma what I believed about extreme music people, for lack of a better term, it was fabricated by so called polite society, you know, and then the flames were fanned by the media to turn us against the kind of music that again so called polite society found offensive. The same thing would happen with hip hop as well, though by that time I was catching on and figuring the shit out.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's also funny to get older and to discover that the metal community or the hardcore community, these subcultures of quote unquote extreme music were actually full of some of the nicest people, people who were not at all what they appeared to be to kids like me, extremely uncool kids who were blasting Huey Lewis and John Mellencamp and oldies radio. I will fully own how uncool I was when I was a kid, by the way, But you know, be thinking about all this, be thinking about extreme music and the stigma of these you know, musical subcultures while you're listening to our new episode on Slipknot, which is in your feed right now. Coming up next right after this after Party is our Rewind episode from our archive on Talking Heads. This was originally released on July ninth, twenty twenty four. This episode deals with New York City in the nineteen seventies when a psycho killer was on the loose. You don't want to miss this episode. Listen to it to find out all about all the crazy shit that was happening in New York at this time, not only the son of Sam who was terrorizing all five Burrows, but you know, the blackouts, the trash strikes, the Yankees on a tear, and how all of it coincided with the birth of punk rock. Then after the Rewind, coming next Tuesday, We've got a brand new episode on John Fruscante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also, it's about River Phoenix and about how River Phoenix really died. John and River were friends. River Phoenix, if those who don't know, was also a musician he had a band. We covered Rivers story previously in Hollywood Land, but now this is the John Fruschante story, largely set during the making of Bloodshe Sex Magic and immediately thereafter. And then to bridge the gap here between, We've got Slipknot this week and then the Chili Peppers next week. Later here in the exclusive portion of this episode, I'm going to dig into the history of the Mansion, which is the house on Laurel Canyon Boulevard in Los Angeles that Rick Rubin purchased and turned into a recording studio, a studio and a house that is allegedly haunted according to bands like Slipknot and the Chili Peppers who have recorded there. And I'm also going to talk about other supposedly haunted recording studios as well. These are some really freaky stories, guys, some that you probably have heard and others that you'd never heard. And again I'm going to talk about that later in the exclusive portion. If you're not yet a member of disgrace Land All Access, which is how you hear the exclusive portion of the after party, just go to disgrace landpod dot com to sign up today. Perks of membership include ad free listening of all Disgraceland and Hollywood Land episodes, plus bonus material like the exclusive section I'm talking about, and if you join on Patreon, you also get access to our monthly video podcast, This Film Should Be Played Loud, co hosted by Yours Truly and Jake Brennan, all about the greatest music in some of our favorite movies of all time. Now, when you're listening next week to our brand new episode of Disgraceland on John Fruschante, be thinking about the nineteen nineties, all right, Be thinking about your favorite songs from the nineteen nineties and what made them resonate so much with you. Maybe it's a song like the Chili Peppers under the Bridge, which is dominated so much by Fruschonte's like iconic guitar part. Or maybe it's something much more underground than that. Let us know. Give us a call, send us attack six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. You can also email us Disgrace Lampod at gmail dot com or hit us up on the socials at Disgrace Lampod and you might hear your answer on next week's after party. All right, Discos, I'm gonna take a real quick break here, but when we come back, i'm gonna have your voicemails, texts, dms and more. So don't nobody go nowhere. Okay, So you want to be a rock and roll star, then listen how here what I say. I'm in the phone booth. It's the one across the hall discos six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. That's how you get in touch and participate in the after party real quick. Before I get to your calls and your texts and stuff. I just wanted to mention guys. This just came across the news as I was preparing to record this this morning, but word came down that Glen Hansard, the great Irish singer songwriter, Oscar winning songwriter, has died at the age of fifty six. He was killed in a motorcycle crash in Dublin. Glenn Hansard was in this band called The Frames and then later in the Swell Season, and he co starred in a great movie from two thousand and seven called Once, about a couple of struggling musicians in Dublin. His song Falling Slowly from that film won him an Academy Award. That was the first time I had ever heard of Glenn Hansard. I think a lot of us here in the States heard about him for the first time with that movie. Totally worth checking out if you haven't seen it. It felt very original and very fresh when it was released. And this is really shitty news. I'm rip to Glenn Hanswred all right, So, as promised, we're going to hear from you guys, and first we're going to go over to the two one four. We got a call here from d who has an awesome Slipknot story for us. D take it away.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jake, be from Dallas. It's been a while and I just listened to your slip Knot episode and I had to call and tell you about my interaction with them. I want to say. It was two thousand and four and oz Fest was in town. We didn't have the cash to go to the show, but we did have a plan to hopefully meet up with some of the bands. After the show, we went to the Clubhouse in Dallas, as you know, which was opened by Vinnie Paul and dine back Darrell from Pantera, as it was always the final destination of any reputable bands. We got there early and we're watching people as they came in. Tall guy at the bar who was wearing an Exorcist T shirt was like, Oh, that's a really fucking cool hurt. Let me go find out where he got it. And so I went to him and asked, and he said, oh, someone gave it to me backstage. And I said back stage, what are you talking about? And he said, my name is Cory and I'm in a band that you probably haven't heard of called Fripknot. That's right, Are you fucking kidding me? I said, please, don't go anywhere. I went got my husband came back and we said we are huge and we love what you guys are doing. You guys are just going to be megastars. And he thanked us and was very He was so sweet and so kind, and as he started to walk away, he turned back and gave us like the universal like, hey, come with me, And we ended up at a table where later Twiggy Ramirez, Marilyn Manson and what I can only assume are additional members of Slip Knot, and also Vinnie Paul and the biggest bottle of tequila I've ever seen in my life. We partied, had a great time. There were girls everywhere. We didn't have to worry about this thing. And as we're leaving, Vinny Paul is at the door and in his gravelly voice is like, you guys aren't driving right, No, we're not driving. We're responsible. We're going to get a cabin. He said, no, you're not. He arranged for us a private town car to take us back to our room. And I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Corey. I always knew you guys were gonna make it and just be super megastars. I just want to thank you for one of the most memorable moments of my life. I've always been a fan of metal, I've done VIP backstage, and that night was still, to this day, hands down my best rock and roll experience. So thank you, Corey, and I hope you get to hear it.
Speaker 2: D that is that is an incredible story. Thank you so much for calling in and sharing that with us all, and you're proving my point from earlier, the whole like stigma that we had back in the day of like extreme music makers and listeners and how they're the nicest fucking people, you know what I mean. For those of you who know, if you know, you know, like you're not surprised by this story at all, but you know, eleven year old me back in nineteen eighty six or seven or eight, whatever, would have been very fucking surprised by this so incredible story. Thank you so much for calling in d love that love to hear from you. We got another voicemail here from the six one seven from let's see Jake in the six one seven. Let's take a listen to this.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Jake in the six one seven. What's up? My first question is, what in the hell is going on? Where are you? Wait? By you, I mean me, where am I? I'm in Boston. I am stuck here. And you might be like, why how do you get stuck in? Boss? Well, the weather apparently up there in the skies has made for some tough flyings, so our flight was Canceled's supposed to be back recording the after party I'm not zess. I know. I said I was going to be back Thursday. It's now looking like I'm going to be back on Saturday. But guys, have no fear all as well. Everybody's healthy, everybody's got all the fingers and toes.
Speaker 4: It's all good.
Speaker 3: Life could be much worse, it's not, Thankfully, Hopefully we get home safely.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: What's happening? What do you I don't even know what you're talking about there. I guess we had the slipnot episode this weekend. We had Dollar parton last weekend. We've got John Frusciante coming up next week, which I'm very, very very excited about. I can't wait for you guys to hear the story. It's not just the story of John Frusciante. It's the story of John and his pal Ruver Phoenix, and the idea that some people have that John had something to do with River's death, and that he was more than something to do with it. The idea a leegendly that he was directly responsible for River's death. So we get into all of that Johnny Death's Fifer Room. That's all coming out next week. I can't wait to talk to you all about it. Han't fun up here. Went to a SOCX game. They're out of town now, they're not on the West Coast, and I want to see my dad play with his BANDI other n I brought my kids. My eight year old had a Jay Giles T shirt on. Some drunk dude went up to him, sat down right at our table and was like, why do you like Jay Giles? Think very kind of ornery. And I got to say, my son handled himself very well. He was prepared for the moment. He immediately responded. He said, well, I liked him because my three favorite songs are must Have Got Lost, Angel in the Centerfold, and Free s Frame. And then the guy pressed him even harder. He was like, how did you learn about Jay Giles? He said, well, I heard Angel in the Centerfold and then I saw the cassette at a store and I bought it and I put it on and I was like, I like this band. And then the guy offered a BioMA Corona. It was fantastic. So yeah, we're having fun in Boston. I can't wait to get back though, and back in the chair talking to all you guys into the microphone. Big thank you Zef for holding it down in my absence. Lots of cool stuff coming your way guys very shortly. Again, can't wait to talk about that Foshanty episode with you that's next week.
Speaker 2: I thought that was you, Jake, Oh, sneaky, sneaky. Great to hear your voice. That sucks that you guys are stuck there until Saturday. Hopefully you don't meet any more ornery Jay Giles fans like, give the fucking kid a break man. You know, he gave you his three favorite songs like why do you have to press him even harder? And I'm also glad you got to see the right socks, though I'd like to blow your cover there or out your little secret and let people know that you guys attended. I believe the game in which they lost their wind streak, right, they were on like a fifteen game win streak and then you guys went and they lost. So I don't know do with that what you but yeah, I'm excited to hear this John Freschante episode next week as well. You know, you mentioned River Phoenix, who's a big part of this episode, and I remember when I wrote the River Phoenix episode for Hollywood Land you know, this subject came up about free Chante and River's death and stuff, and I just didn't I didn't even want to touch it with a ten foot pole. So I may have alluded to it at some point in the episode, but I didn't really get into it. But of course leave it to Jake to figure out a really thoughtful, creative way to get into this, to talk about it, to face it head on, and to come out at the end with some conclusions. So anyways, good to hear from your brother, and looking forward to having you back in the saddle here with us again soon, barring any more crazy ass Boston weather, which I think it's sunny there. I'm not really sure what the issue is with the weather. Jake Brennan will return to the after Party next week. Meanwhile, let's get on to some other text messages we've got here. Six one seven nine oh six six six three eight is how you get in touch. We got a text here from the two to oh three and it reads, Hi, Jake and Zeth, this is Melissa from the two oh three. I heard you mention that there will be a Smashing Pumpkins episode coming up. I will of course listen, but I have never been into those guys. I went to Lallapalooza in nineteen ninety four with my friend Walter. The b C Boys played second to last and Smashing Pumpkins were the headliners. Five minutes into Smashing Pumpkins, Walter and I looked at each other and said, let's get out of here. That festival was amazing back then, but I still cannot understand how the Smashing Pumpkins were the headliners over the Beastie Boys. Fun fact, I heard on one of those MTV shows that the name for Hello Nasty, which is a Beast Boys record, came from a receptionist answering the phone and saying hello Nasty. The business was part of their production or management team, and the full name had the word nasty in it. Thanks for all the pods. Rock a rolla Melissa, great great message here. Lots to get into here. First of all, yes, Hello Nasty. The BC Boys record was named after their publicity their PR firm called Nasty little Man, and they would answer the people would answer the phone Hello Nasty, And that's and that's where that that phrase came from. When I was a music critic in my former life, worked with Nasty Little Man a lot. They represented a lot of a really really big great artists like the Beasts and and Beck and Paul McCartney and Foo Fighters and all the all the heavy hitters were with Nasty Little Man, it seemed. And also the guy that ran that company was named Steve Martin, but it wasn't the Steve Martin. It was Nasty little Man's Steve Martin. Anyways, Smashing Pumpkins headlining Lalla Palooza, I think that there was some sort of shenanigans there with how they got to headline Lollapalooza. I think Nirvana had pulled out and then they went in the top slot. And looking back, it's you go, why why would Smashing Pumpkins be there? I agree with you over the BC Boys, just because the BC Boys seemed to have so much more lasting cultural resonance. But remember the time. This is ninety four, this is the year that Kurt Cobain died. Smashing Pumpkins were sort of like filling the void, the Nirvana void at the time, as like the biggest rock band on the planet. I mean, Siame's Dream and Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness were fucking huge records. We get into that in the episode that we have coming out on them. So anyways, there's a little behind the scenes there on Nasty little Man and the Pumpkins. Thanks for the message, Melissa six one seven nine oh six six six three eight. We've got a text here from the seven six three. Jake was talking about summer reading, watching, and listening recommendations last week, So the seven sixty three text in Good Evening Jake summer recommendations for books. I have joined the Dungeon Crawler Carl Bandwagon. Great read, really easy to get into, more so if you have ever played video games. For movies, I just rewatched be kind Rewind with Jack Black and Mustaf very funny, doesn't take itself too seriously. For music, I've been listening to a lot of live Bruce Springsteen. Just listened to his show from the Born to Run tour in New Jersey in nineteen eighty five. Great show, great music, especially for July fourth. Thanks for all you do well. Thank you very much seven six' three for the. RECOMMENDATIONS i remember liking be Kind rewind when that came. Out that's A Michelle gondry. FILM i think that's the one he made right After Eternal sunshine in The Spotless. Mind you know you can't go wroun With bruce circa nineteen eighty. Five the guy was just a. Machine even the clips now At bruce and The Eastreet band playing look. AMAZING i saw. Them the one TIME i was them was nineteen ninety nine WHEN i think THE i think everybody was back in the, fold like Little steven And clarence and like it was all the original members of THE Ea Street band were back together for the first time in a little. BIT i think was after Like bruce's couple of solo records he had done there or. Whatever AND i just remember it was at The garden In, boston AND i just remember the seating was completely surrounded the. Stage it filled up the entire, garden And, bruce like throughout the show would turn so that he would face all four sides of the of the, garden so that everybody so you, know you weren't looking At bruce's back the whole. Time it was a cool thing he. Was he was really giving, it giving it up for the fans.
Speaker 3: There it was.
Speaker 2: GREAT i got a text here from three oh four that, says were you guys talking About Edward Hopper's New york. Interior why, yes three or? Four that is the painting That jake AND i were talking about in one of the shows last, week And jake had a controversial take on the painting a little bit more later in this episode about. That, okay everybody else out, there be like your fellow discos here that we just heard, from and give us a call or send us a text at six one seven nine oh six six six three. Eight maybe give me your answer to next week's question of the, week which, is when you're listening to the New disgraceline episode On John, forschante be thinking about the nineteen, nineties what's your favorite song from the? Nineties? Uh favorite songs from the? Nineties what made them resonate so? Much sixty one seven nine oh six six six three. Eight all, right, Guys i'm gonna take another quick break, here but when we come, Back i'm gonna get into your emails and much more, so stay. Tuned all, Right, discos we are back in the after. Party Doctor lundy here holding it down today While Jake brennan is uh in parts, Unknown actually we know where he. Is he's In. Boston he's in The Greater boston. Area don't. Worry he's. Safe someone's giving him water and they've left the windows cracked And Steely dan is on the, stereo so he's. Fine don't worry about. It if you want to get in touch with us here, guys six one seven nine oh six six six three eight is the, number or you can always Email disgrace lambpod at gmail dot com to connect with us and your fellow, discos just like our Guy delbert here who wrote an email to us with the subject Line. Dolly it reads just want to throw out some. Love The Dolly parton episode was an amazing testament to your. Storytelling you finally smoked The pentagram, episode ending from the intro expressing what anyone growing up in the eighties or nineties thought Of dolly to the understanding we have, now the background record, scratches and the gradual guitar strumming as the story. Progresses just wanted to tell you that this new chapter Of disgraceland is something to. Experience thanks for all you do and the guys that double us do rock A. Rolla thanks so, Much. Delbert that means so much because as you alluded to. There you, know we're always evolving the way that we always, evolving always iterating how we do what we, do the creative part of our, job the editorial part of our. Job and we've been slowly sort of, massaging you, know the structure of our episodes how we tell these, stories partly, because as we'll all become clear, soon we're working on some new stuff and it's going to fit into this new stuff that we're working. On But i'm glad that it's. Landing And i'm glad you enjoyed this episode in. Particular not to toot my own horn or, anything BUT i wrote The Dolly parton episode AND i was really happy with, it And i'm glad that it resonated with.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Delbert thank you for writing in and letting us.
Speaker 3: Know all.
Speaker 2: Right got another email here From bill and the subject line is art Slash Edward hopper Slash covers and it, Reads Hey, Jake bill from the two one five. Here you guys were so all over the place on that last wrap, party and it was. Great i'm a working artist In. Philadelphia that's HOW i make my. LIVING i, know you know how hard that can be, sometimes AND i appreciate your grind as a musician and media. Person, anyway my ears perked up when you reference The hopper painting that featured on your screen at. Home AM i right that it's Called New York? Interior hopper was such a voyeur in his, painting AND i think you're on the right track and your assessment of what's. Happening there seems to be a man's hat behind, her giving us a clue that she has. Company the front of her dress is hyped, up but no other evidence of a second party other than the things around. Her i'm attaching a pick of the. Painting if it's not the, one even, better let's see that, music, movies, stories and art are basically my whole. Life so thanks to you and the good doctor for helping me to scratch those. Itches rock A rolla and Then bill followed up with we apparently may have our minds in the, gutter though some research says she's sowing a white garment with that outstretched arm raised with a. Needle who's to, say, Thanks, bill thank you for your investigation into. This, guys if you missed this last, Week jake was talking about he's got this thing on HIS tv where it when he's not WATCHING. Tv it displays a piece of art and he has This Edward hopper painting up that we've discovered is Called New York interior of a woman and we're looking at her from behind And jake thinks that she's getting it on in this, painting that there's some mystery man beneath her. There it was very controversial. Take it was a take THAT i did not, believe ALTHOUGH i did not believe, it and then he sent me a text of the picture after we recorded the episode that was, like NOW i can't unsee, it and probably just because our minds are on the. Gutter As bill alluded, To bill appreciate the again the investigation here and appreciates you being an. ARTIST i do know how hard that can, be AND i appreciate your grind. There brother. Guys we're also On patreon in the, chat not just on text or voicemail or emails or the social you, know we're talking always over there about. Recommendations this. Week if you guys heard the rap party over in The Hollywood lamb, podcasts that was. YESTERDAY i Had matt On Matt, boden our head of production here at Double. Elvis With jake being out of, Town matt AND i were talking about, biopicks everything from The Marilyn monroe Biopick blonde to this one Called born To Be blue About Chet baker Starring Ethan. Hawk because over In Hollywood land The feed this week we have our part one episode from The archive On Marilyn, monroe AND i was thinking, about you, KNOW i had recently watched The blonde biopic AND i was just thinking about biopics in. General that prompted the question to all of you guys over, there what is your Favorite Marilyn monroe? FILM i want to, know so again six one seven nine oh six six six three Eight disgrace Lamb Potter gmail dot com or over In, patreon let me know what your favorite film. IS i, really really really Like, niagara which is a movie that we're going to cover in the screening room in The Hollywood Land feed tomorrow On. Friday but this weekend we're all gonna be Watching river Of No, return which is the nineteen fifty four auto premiger film Starring Marilyn monroe And Robert. Mitcham believe it was the only time those two performed together And i'm going to talk about it next week the Next friday Screening, Room so make sure you're subscribed To Hollywood land On Apple, podcasts The iHeartRadio, app or wherever you get your. Podcasts all, right, guys as, Promised i'm going to talk about The mansion and other haunted recording studios coming up in the exclusive section of this. Episode right after this, again go to disgrace lampod dot com to sign up and listen and to unlock more exclusive content like this plus ad free. Listening all, right, guys we'll be right back after. This all, Right DOCTOR lundi here with you guys in the hot seat one last time for one last block of this after. Party. Listen it's been a pleasure guest hosting the after party here. TODAY i hope you guys have had a good, time AND i WISH i wish our, Guy Jake, brennan you, know unexpected a few more days In. Boston sorry to hear that you're, stuck but there are worst places to. Be looking forward to having you back here with us very. SOON i just want to, say guys mentioned earlier episodes On Judas, Priest Ozzy osbourne And metallica in this, episode and of course we have episodes on all those artists in our archive of over two hundred and fifty. Artists matt will grab the episode info on these subjects and put them in the show notes so that you can easily navigate to hear those. Stories so NOW i guess we're at the recap. Time right here we. Go it's recap strap in number. One this. Week our new episode is out on slipknot number two in the rewind slot this. Week our classic episode On Talking heads number three next week coming. Up our next new episode On tuesday is all About John feschante of The Red Hot Chili peppers And River. Phoenix number Four. Zeth, hey that's me gives you Those hollywood and crime vibes In Hollywood, land so make sure you are subscribed and listen every, week usually every, week not this, week but every. Week jake AND i give you guys music and movie recommendations there in The Rap party as. Well number five our latest this film should be played loud video podcast episode On do The Right thing is available right, now and our next episode On Licorice pizza is Coming august twenty. Six go To disgrace lampod dot com to sign up to become An All access member and unlock exclusive content just like, this along with ad free. Listening number six hit us up six one seven nine oh six six six three. Eight your voice keeps us digging into the dark corners of music. History so keep, calling texting with your answers to this week's question of the, week or with whatever else you want to talk. About number, seven don't forget Disco's this isn't just. Content it's a, community a community of the. Obsessed no one cares about, music, books, records and the crime and grime that ties them all together like you. Do and well that's a, disgrace all. Right back On may twenty, third two thousand and, three Two california teenagers committed a brutal, murder and this is What america was listening to that. Day according to The Billboard. Charts number, One Get busy By Sean paul last week, one peak position one weeks On chart. Thirteen number two twenty One questions fifty cent Featuring Nate dogg last week, four peak position two weeks on chart. NINE I know What You. Want number Three It's ignition by R Kelly heats last week three peak position, two peak weeks on chart twenty eight, weeks number four week Into club Seven Peaky bodie last week and, two peak position one and weeks On sharksage napety Five.
Speaker 4: Okay week was number.
Speaker 2: Five NUMBER I Can't Let You. Go it was a fabulous Features Mike, short quit talking and start mixing