Speaker 1: Welcome in What's driving there? Great Episode three eighty six our week nine the Midway Points Gambling Show. This episode is brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile and the Gambling Show. We don't do a straight to voicemail, but if we did, that would also be brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. Hard couple of weeks for the Gambling Show, Demons, couple losing teasers, couple two and three weeks where you know you're at five hundred, I'm two games below five hundred. Not great, not disastrous, Keep plugging along. Just need to get hot in the you know, hot at the right time. As they say last week, though, we here's the thing, A half point win counts as much as a thirty point cover, and getting you know, being blown out by thirty is the same as you know, getting absolutely screwed on a back door cover. But last week the losses were grizzly. So well, we had Atlanta laying seven and a half against Miami, they got blown out. We had the biggest strike in theory good fortune imaginable, where we got Chicago plus six and a half at Baltimore. Under the assumption Lamar was playing Lamar wasn't playing. The line dropped to one and a half. They lost out right by fourteen. Tampa minus three and a half against New Orleans was an easy winner. Green Bay minus three at Pittsburgh was an easy winner. And then we had Dallas plus three and a half at Denver and they got annihilated as well. So our three losses were ugly, but two and three is what it ends up being. And this week I will say I like the slate. Some weeks there's like three games I really like, and then I'm, you know, kind of having to pull teeth to find the last two. This week was the opposite. There were seven games or eight games I liked, and I had to manicure it down to just five. So we'll get to those in a second. And today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. As I was just talking about, there are plenty of great games in Week nine, including, of course, the biggest game that the Bills play all year, every year, Chiefs Bills in the regular season. You can find odds to bet on any of these streaks right now in the hard Rock Bet app. Juju has caught two or more balls and six straight games is over. Under is one and a half with plus money on the over at plus one oh five. I like that one. In four and five games since the tackle that turned the tide, Mahomes just thrown three or more touchdowns, you can get over two and a half past tds at plus plus one sixty. If you sell haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred ffty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. New promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit payable in bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred gambler and Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, deman's a four teams on a bye, Browns, Jets, Eagles, Bucks. We do not have a Monday night doubleheader. We do not have a London game, which may and there's only four teams on a bye, which does mean we should have a very meaty Sunday slate of games. Let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: H First, stay away Denver at Houston. Houston's one and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: So here's the deal. I've been fading Denver a lot this year. I have been wrong so far, and I like Houston in this game. Wow, because I think that this is my handicap on this game is twofold one is I do think the Broncos are gonna really struggle with that Houston defense, but the big but the the Texans should struggle with the Broncos defense. The real handicap on it is I think the general public is gonna be all over Denver, and I think that line is almost daring you to take the Texans. But I've been wrong enough on the Broncos that I'm going I'm either I was either this week gonna bet on them or stay away, and I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Carolina Green Bay Green Bay thirteen and a half point favorites, just.
Speaker 1: A huge number. Yeah, a Carolina on the road with the quarterback situation I obviously don't love, but thirteen and a half. If I was going to play aside in this demand, I would swallow those thirteen and a half points. But no, I would take freak Bay. But I'm I am. I'm just gonna That's also a game that I don't really want to be have an investment in because there's too many other good games and that game should be a blowout, So I'm staying away from it.
Speaker 2: Next, Yeah, we got Chicago at Cincinnati. Cincinnati's two and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: My lean here is Chicago and the fact that Flacco's hurt and what is that is he officially out? I don't think he's officially out. He's fifty to fifty for the game. I not knowing whether or not Flaco's playing or not, and when we do this to me makes this to stay away. I think if the if we knew Flacco were playing, I my lean wouldn't be with the Bears, would be with the Bengals with Jake Browning, I would, you know, lay the two and a half with Chicago on the road. But we're just gonna stay away from it.
Speaker 2: Next Atlanta at New England. New England's five point favorites.
Speaker 1: My lean here is Atlanta flatly, because I just don't think New England can stay this hot. And Atlanta does have the best running back in the NFL other than Jonathan Taylor this year. And Atlanta prior to the Dolphins game, it had a really good pass defense. But their quarterback situation is up in the air. They have been such a mess that I don't feel and the Patriots have been blowing people out last couple of weeks. I don't feel comfortable I'm playing aside in this game.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I just I just.
Speaker 1: Feel like the Patriots are and this might be bad handicapping. I just feel like they're due for a.
Speaker 2: Bad game, and with Atlanta being a weird team, maybe this is one of those games that they also dominated.
Speaker 1: Winning or Vijon looks great, like Atlanta has been so weird, But so I'm just staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Chargers at Tennessee. Tennessee's eight and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: My lean here was the Chargers because the Titans have just been so brutal. But eight and a half. At six and a half, I would play the Chargers in a snap. At seven, I'd play them seven and a half, I'd think about it. Eight and a half is too much. It just feels like that's they are giving you extra points to try to incentivize you to bet Tennessee. But betting Tennessee is just I determined. It's not a Bret Justin Bryan Callahan issue. That team is just the year. So we're staying away.
Speaker 2: Next, uh, New Orleans at the Rams Rams fourteen point favorites.
Speaker 1: That's a big old number. And now it's Tyler Shuck's first start. It's the Rams rested, and I think Shuck is really going to struggle with that Rams defense. But fourteen points for me is too many to lay when we have seen the Rams. You know they played the Rams have go ahead to mind.
Speaker 2: No, it was a weird one that they played. I think a couple of weeks back, it was just like, what why is this team?
Speaker 1: Well, it was the Ravens game I think you're thinking of, Yeah, it was the Ravens game. When they it was Cooper, Rusher, Huntley or whomever, and they just let them stick around. Aside from the Jags game a couple of weeks ago, the Rams haven't been blowing people out. Beat there's the culture excellent, but they beat them by seven.
Speaker 2: Beat.
Speaker 1: The blowing people out's wrong. Let me take that back, because the Rams do have multiple exactly fourteen point victories. But a fourteen point victory here just get you a push. And so I'm just staying away. I'm not betting Tyler Shuck in his first start. I'm just staying away.
Speaker 2: Next Jags at Raiders, Raiders two and a half point Dogs.
Speaker 1: These last two stayaways were games I initially had on the card and then took them off. I like the Raiders plus the points here, absolute desperate spot off of bye and see what they were able to get done off the by for the Raiders, but I'm not getting three. And they have looked so bad that off a bye should be a good thing, but it also might have been you know, let's pack it up, fellas. And so I need to see them play a game. And you like the jag side of it. I can see it in your eyes.
Speaker 2: You're, oh yeah. I mean, I don't think. I think the Raiders probably think that they're cooked. They don't look good. I don't know if it was I just.
Speaker 1: Don't know how the impact the buye is gonna have on them. But I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: And last one, Arizona at Dallas. Would Dallas be in two and a half point favorites?
Speaker 1: I initially had Dallas on there. I just feel like Dallas is offense at home. Monday night football should roll. And then I paused and I said, man, I just watched bo Nicks carve up this Dallas defense. What are the Cardinals going to do? I think Kyler's playing. Here's the thing. I don't really care if it's k I don't know if there's difference right now between Kyler and Brissett. Kyler is eight to zero in his life in Texas Stadium. Dominated there in high school, one there in college, is undefeated there as a pro. That's his favorite place to play. Yeah, and that Dallas. Steven's been so bad that I took him off the card at the last moment for a different game. So those are the stayaways. Here are my five picks this week.
Speaker 2: First pick is Detroit minus eight and a half going up again.
Speaker 1: It's Minnesota Golf evidently is eight to zero against the spread against the Vikings in his Lions career. The Lions are on extended rest. Minnesota right now might be a total mess. I think the Lions defense, which against bad quarterbacks, really can get after. You could give JJ McCarthy hell. And we don't know if JJ McCarthy, how hurt was he or how much were they hiding him? And what we do know about the Lions. The Lions love pouring it on. The Lions love annihilating teams, and so I don't mind laying the eight and a half points. I love the Lions in this spot. Maybe my favorite play of the week. It's the first one. Detroit minus eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never been so sure about minus eight and a half spread. I'm very confident in that one, Pittsburgh plus three versus Indy.
Speaker 1: So I'm very you saying you're very confident in that one. I am no, no, no, not at all. I'm just curious if that means it's gonna be the Detroit money line. Is gonna be a leg of your teaser?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you like eight.
Speaker 1: Point teasers and if you like them, minus eight and a half like that, to me is a pretty good for your eight point teaser, A pretty good teaser leg. I good, all right, Pittsburgh plus three against Andy Tomlin at home, getting at least a field goal with all these numbers. We win against them last week Green Bay. We said we didn't care, and we were right. We're going back with them this week. Awful lot loss. Tomlin's sixty one and forty seven against the spread. They're twenty five and fifteen against the spread as an underdog off and outright loss, and twelve and four against the spread as a home dog off a straight up loss. Tomlin twenty two eight and three uh as a home dog against the spread. Now, the Steelers defense against that offense does worry you a bit, but Rogers has been good again. I'm getting three points. I don't feel spectacular about this from having watched that Steelers defense over the course season and watched the Colts offense. But there's just all of Tomlin's history says if you're giving him at least three points at home, he doesn't loose. He covers that was the case last week, and he didn't and we sniffed it out. I don't think it's gonna happen back to back. I like Pittsburgh plus three next.
Speaker 2: Dan Francisco minus two and a half going with the Giants.
Speaker 1: I listen, this is just a play that the Giants season ended with the blown game to Denver, and last week they got bullied by the Eagles, and they lost another key player in Scataboo due to injuries. So no Skataboo, no neighbors. Weird noise this week surrounding their D line with Carl Banks calling out Dexter Lawrence, with Thibodeau potentially being on the trade block, I think the Giants are floundering a bit. I don't really think it matters which Niners quarterback plays. All lay the two and a half, with the Giants going east coast to west coast, all lay the two and a half with San Francisco next.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought you got the Chiefs midst one and a half at Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Listen, I just think the Chiefs are the best team in the league, and I'm laying less than a field goal. This is the sharp side is going to say. I would imagine getting points with the Bills at home. You have to do it. I don't care about that, and a lot of mahomes is against the spread, grizzly against the spread. Numbers the last few years have to do with the Chiefs being big favorites. They are not big favorites here, They're tiny favorites. I think the Chiefs win by at least a field goal. I'll lay the point and a half. And last one this is the one I added when I took out Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Yes, Seattle to minus three at Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I don't love the West Coast to East. However, Washington is banged up, the defense has been bad. I do think Jayden's gonna play, But I think Seattle is one of the more underrated teams in the league right now, and Seattle is one of the only teams that going West Coast to East actually helps them. As far as covering seventeen eight and two over the last basically basically half decade. When they're playing on the East coast. I think Seattle's really good. I think Washington is bad and injured. I'll take Seattle minus three. So we are going to Monty with four faites. We are going with Detroit laying eight and a half against Minnesota, San Francisco laying two and a half against the Giants, Kansas City laying one and a half at Buffalo, Seattle laying three at Washington, and the one dog is Pittsburgh plus three at home against the seven and one Indianapolis Colts. All right, before we get to the teaser, you're thinking about upgrade to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro design, even the most powerful iPhone ever. But you're also thinking about the traffic on your way to the store, transferring all your data and what a hassle. It will be good news when you order a new phone online with boost Mobile. They'll send an expert to your homer work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot com. Terms do apply, all right, demons, let's get to your pit of the weekend. Well, first, last week, Dallas got you like they got me. Yeah, iigo plus fourteen and a half by the skin of your teeth, buddy, that I got in the morning, yep, easy winner. And then Dallas screwed you as bo Nicks carved him up. Let's see what do you have this week?
Speaker 2: All right? So the record is in jeopardy, so we're doing whatever it takes by any means necessary, is what we're calling this. We got a three team eight point teaser at plus on hundred. I am throwing Detroit in there by any means necessary. Like we said, they're basically a pick them at point five. I'm don't throwing the Charges in there as a pick them as well, as they're at minus point five against the Titans and then Kansas City up to plus six and a half against the Bills. Yeah, I know those are both just basically money line bets. But I mean the Chargers are going to beat the Titans, and the Lights are going to be the Vikings, and the Chiefs don't get blown out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oddly of that, the Chiefs are the most nerve wracking one. Yeah, like the I also though like that you're telling me there you think the Chiefs might blow out the Bills because you're you could have gotten the bill yeah and a half. Yeah, but I so I'm going to give that an a because Detroit and the Chargers should just be in already, and then it's can the Chiefs keep it within a touchdown or win?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And now really what maybe we should rename the Friday Gambling Show. Yeah, just we give you mediocre picks for a half hour and then I give you a can't lose player touchdown prop.
Speaker 2: So last week, Kelsey hits just like you said at plus one twenty outside of you calling seedy like you you called seedee lamb one. We he went out early, so we really don't got hurt in the game. Yeah, he got hurt, so he got out. Do you have anything for us this week? For any time touchdown score? So? I like.
Speaker 1: Because we're basically undefeated on this and dating back to last year we crushed. Part of that is that I don't do them every week. Yeah, but I'm gonna play the hot hand, but not in the way you would expect Chiefs Bills. I am going to go Josh Allen. Yeah, touchdown, Josh Allen anytime touchdown for the Chiefs Bills game.
Speaker 2: That is, you'll probably have to have the cape on that day. So nine times out of ten.
Speaker 1: Or like you know, they get it down to the one they like the push push, So yeah, I'm gonna go Josh Allen anytime touchdown, all right, yeah, even money exactly debt, even money, all right, the offer.
Speaker 2: So we striked out two in a row with Bijon not hitting on the offers. So last week that didn't hit. And speaking of striking out, we're gonna pivot over to baseball. We're avoiding football and uh Toronto to win the World Series four to three at plus two forty Game six on Friday. Do you want that one? We got some other ones.
Speaker 1: If here, well, here's the thing. I'm gonna turn it down just because of this. I think that on general principle, I think you're going to I just don't want to give the audience bad gambling advice. And I think you're gonna get better return on your money if you just if you believe Toronto's gonna win four to three. I think you can get better than two plus two forty on betting the Dodgers for their game tomorrow and then putting the entirety of that bet on the Blue Jays on Saturday. So I think that the cumulative return on that would be better than plus two forty And it's the exact same bet, so it uh, I just think that that is Yeah, So when you are at this point in a series, I I just don't think that in order to.
Speaker 2: Like so like you probably wanted to bet bet that a week ago.
Speaker 1: Correct absolutely where you it's not there's only one where there were multiple ways for Toronto. When you know you couldn't just simply make the exact bet, you're making it in a slightly different way. And again I don't think the return will be hugely different. I think it'd be like plus probably two fifty five, but still it's a better return, uh Dodgers right now or minus one forty five tonight. And then what if, again, if you were to do that, you every you'd put your in whatever you were gonna bet on Toronto. Say you're gonna bet one hundred bucks on Toronto plus two forty, you would put that one hundred dollars on the Dodgers minus one forty five and then tonight, and then you would put that entire stake on Toronto money Line tomorrow. That's the way to make that bet, all right. Thank you to Volume and to Blue Duck, thank you to Boost, thank you to hard Rock, thank you to our great friends at Zen. Enjoy your football this weekend. We will talk to you guys on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: What's right