Speaker 1: Good Monday morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: How are you welcome into a new episode of the Daily Juice podcast with me Matt Perult. You guys can follow me across all of my socials at Sports Talk Matt. We are here every single morning for the most part, new week for us. Hopefully we ended Sunday with some momentum as we get a plus one forty cash on the Braves. That wasn't easy. They got there with a two to one win in extras. But finally an extra inning game goes my way and so we go up one point four units on the day on Sunday, Still a losing week for us after what happened a couple of days. But let's get into a Monday and hopefully we can start to turn things around a little bit here as we get into the real dog days of baseball. But August can sometimes be predictable, like July can be very up and down because of the trade deadline and because of other things the All Star break and whatnot. Now we get to August and we're on to the March for football, and sometimes baseball can level off and baseball can be a bit more consistent and we can kind of make up for what we have done this year. It's weird because I'm not that far from just a bet perspective. I'm almost like fifty percent. I'm a little under, but I'm almost fifty percent. But I'm way down because of the juice. And that's kind of the thing with gambling that I want to talk about a couple of things here. One for that, because you've got to realize, like five hundred, you can't go five hundred. You got to go it's four percent really to get over on the juice, in particular, when you've been like me, where I've bet like Mas one thirty mass one forty favorites and then you lose that, you start stacking that and that can get away from you pretty quickly. And it's a big reason why you've got to be very disciplined with your bank roll.
Speaker 1: So your unit.
Speaker 2: You know, people always talk about unit size, right, how big should my unit siye be? And I'm always saying, look it, for every one hundred dollars, it should be somewhere between one and three percent. Okay, for some people they go three to five percent. That's fine, So I land at three percent. Really is my recommendation, Like three percent so for every hundred dollars you bet, you're gonna bet three dollars or so every hundred dollars you have in play, it's a three dollars unit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So that is how you stay alive. And I never unit shame anybody. Three dollars is three dollars, thirty dollars is thirty dollars. Three hundred dollars to three hundred dollars. It's your money, right, you worked hard for it. You put it out there into an entertainment space, or for a bet that you like, or whatever you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: Go to the movies.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I went to The Odyssey the other day with my daughter and the tickets for she and I. I think we paid fifty five dollars for the tickets and we paid forty dollars at concessions.
Speaker 1: It was a ninety.
Speaker 2: It was a one hundred dollars movie trip to go see an imax The Odyssey.
Speaker 1: Great flick by the way, But you.
Speaker 2: Know, you go and do that and people will look at you and go you put how much money on a game?
Speaker 1: And you're like, well, you went to the movies.
Speaker 2: What's the difference, right, Like You're gonna go play and go to the movies and put one hundred dollars down, you know for a three hour, four hour experience, or I'm gonna watch a baseball game for two and a half hours and put one hundred dollars down on that.
Speaker 1: What's the difference?
Speaker 2: So that that's always my pushback when people talk about you know, sports gambling and like, you know, what are you doing? It's Entertainment's entertainment. How I choose to spend my time entertainment. I'm not judging, you don't judge me. So and that's always like, I don't know if it's because I'm back in New England and New England has a very different opinion of gambling than say Las Vegas obviously, and so it's fun to have those conversations with people who are new to the gambling space or don't know what I do and they kind of get like their feathers all ruffled and like you do what? And it's great to have that conversation because it's like, hey, this is you could make a living do that. Yeah, you're a content what. So it's all a lot of fun. But I bring this up to kind of point out the home run what do you want to call it, cheat sheet tool, whatever you want to call the home run tool. I saw some people getting upset saying the home run tool hasn't been cashing for them. Okay, look at if you want to go to this, we have it available right now bettingpros dot Com slash Homers. You guys can go and check out this prop bet cheat sheet. You guys can go ahead and go and find what it could look like for you. But I want to bring it up because of the fact that when we did the live stream, we talked about unit size. When it came to when and how to bet with the home run prop at cheat sheet, you should not be betting full units on this, Okay. If you're betting full units on this, yes, it could go down quickly and you could get yourself into trouble.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think people get a little bit of namored the same way they do with parlays. They start five to one, six to one, seven to one, and they start getting all crazy about, oh my god, this is gonna be amazing. I'm gonna hit so many bets. If one out of ten bets are cashing on the home run cheat sheet on the home run props.
Speaker 1: That's not really a bad thing.
Speaker 2: It depends upon the odds, right, But eight to one, nine to one, okay. If you bet eight times and it's an eight to one play and you cash it once, you're flat, Okay, this is not going to be in my opinion, this is not going to be an instant moneymaker for anyone. Okay, home run betting, it's extremely volatile. It's extremely volatile. You can go in one week if you make twenty bets. In one week, you could hit four and the next week you hit zero. But you should be betting quarter units on this, Okay, this should not be like your main focus.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go heavy into home run props.
Speaker 2: It is a you know, in a lot of ways, it's equivalent to some of the other longer shot bets that are there in the casino. Okay, that's home home run betting to me is a lot of feast in famine. So we have it available. Check it out. But if you're going one for sixteen, you know in your betting full units.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: That's not what this is. Okay, home run betting is fun. I'm not debating it. It's way and when it cashes, it's awesome, but it's it's a scratch ticket type of thing. Right, you can do you can do a lot of you know, research and look at it. But the ball's got to hit a round ball. It's got to hit a round bat. It's got to travel three hundred and fifty plus feet out of the ballpark. Okay, A million things can stop the ball from leaving the ballpark, right, it gets pulled, a guy catches it, the launch angle is wrong. It's a rocket, but it's too low. Like there's a million things to go into it. So just be just be careful, Okay, when it comes to that, just just be careful. Okay, all right, let's talk about the plays coming up here for today.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the Orioles.
Speaker 2: And we've been on this Trevor Rodgers kick for a while. Bet him the last time against the Angels a five to two win, he beat the Tigers, or the team beat the Tigers ten to nine. But if you go back to the twentieth of June, Trevor Rodgers has won seven of the last eight starts for the Baltimore Orioles. The Orioles today are on the road against the Twins. The Orioles aren't a great road team the twenty five and thirty one, but they're facing up against Dean Kremer, who is their former player who they traded at the trade deadline to Minnesota Rodgers. On the road this year as a four point zero three ERA, a three to two mark, opposing batting average of two forty four, twenty earn runs in forty four and two thirds innings worth of work, but the team does well when he's on the mound, and Dean Kremer is a pitcher that obviously the team's going to know. He went to the All Star to the trade deadline and losing his last three and for of his last five starts for the Orioles, so getting anything for him was pretty impressive. Kind of a pot on the season for the Orioles by trading away Dean Kremer. He's one and four with a five point nine to three ERA. His stats don't really matter all that much, but at home he was one in one with a three point nine for ERA. But now he's pitching for the first time for the Twins, making his debut for Minnesota. Team has lost back to back games that they lost two of three to the Brewers four to three, both games over the weekend to Milwaukee. I'm gonna come in here and just keep on taking our guy and go ahead and bet our guy Trevor Rodgers, who continues to be a hot pitcher for the Orioles. Orioles money line at my as one fourteen for one point one four units. I mentioned the Brewers. We're gonna go ahead and jump in on the Brewers. Logan Henderson the pitcher. He is a guy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: When we were talking about Kyle Harrison, we bet him a bunch of the first half. Logan Henderson might be our guy here for a little bit. Logan Henderson in the month of July didn't lose a game he started. He went four to oh. In August, he's one to oh. He went three and one in June. So three and one, four and oh, one and oh. Here for Logan Henderson six and one with a two point seven e alight on the road era of three three in run three and one mark posting batting average of one ninety three. He is scarily similar for home in road as to what his splits are twenty six innings at home, twenty four innings on the road, He's allowed eighteen hits at home, seventeen hits on the road. He's allowed seven earned runs at home, eight earn runs on the road. He's giving up a bunch more home runs at home six to one there, but posing batting averages one ninety four to one ninety three, So it doesn't really matter where Logan Henderson has pitched this year for the Milwaukee Brewers, He's been consistent. He's gonna go five or six innings ERA of two point five, seven in July, ERA of three in the month of August.
Speaker 1: Like I mentioned, are hot. They won.
Speaker 2: They've won five out of the last six games here, taking two of three against the Twins, and they took three or four from the Pirates. They're on the road against the Padres and Casey Mize, who's making his first start since coming over from the Tigers. So another guy where we're going to fade his first start with a new team because all the numbers are kind of out of whack. But he did enter into the trade deadline. I get sorry. Is his home debut. He pitched once on the road already three and a third, give up nine hits, eight earned runs, against the Arizona Diamonbacks.
Speaker 1: Not good for Casey Mice.
Speaker 2: This is his home opener here, ten to four loss against the Diamondbacks in his first start. I think he gets hit pretty hard here again by the Brewers. I like Milwaukee. I bet Milwaukee here on the money line and minus one fifteen for one point one five units. The Daily Juice podcast is being brought to you by our friends at hard Rock Bet. They have been talking about this all August long, but they are offering the hottest odds in baseball right now. It's the ten cent summer sale at hard Rock Bet, the Big the Juice, whatever you caught it, call it. They're cutting down on the cost of winners spreads and over under pregame baseball bets the same bets, just at better odds at hard Rock Bet right now. Hard Rock Bet is Florida's only legal sports book, but you don't have to be in Florida.
Speaker 1: Did you join the party?
Speaker 2: Hard Rock Bets also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan. More starts states are on the way, So grab your bet and swing for the fences. All August long during hard Rock Bets ten cent Summer sale. Download the hard Rock Bet app. Today, prop we're going to the prop market and we're going to target Andrew Painter. Now, if you want to go ahead and bet on the Phillies to lose this game today to the Cardinals, you can. My problem is I don't really trust Hunter Dobbins, who's on the other side. Okay, it's kind of a victim type game for a reason. Hunter Dobbins is two and two of a three point three six zer. But the team has lost four of the last five starts with Hunter Dobbins on the mound.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 2: Andrew Painter, however, has been a dumpster fire, or at least the team has been a dumpster fire. They've lost every single game, diating all the way back to May. For him, he lost every game he started in the month of June. The one starting made in July, he lost, the one start he's made in August. He has lost. Now, He's not awful. One earned run in a ten to four loss, two earned runs in a six to four loss. He's going to go four, five or six innings pretty much, but he gets hit. So I think when we look at him in terms of where we can go from a prop market, I want to go the other side. Go to the prop bit cheat sheet and take a look at a player proper two and Jordan Walker of the Cardinals is hot again. He has gone over in six of his last seven games. He has gone over one and a half hits, runs and RBIs the prop bit cheat sheet is projecting this as a three three hit run in RBI day for Jordan Walker. He had three against Colorado yesterday. He had three against Colorado. The day before at home on the road against the Yankees, he had three. He had four against Toronto. He had two against Toronto and then two also against Toronto. Dating back to the thirty first of July, Jordan Walker has been hot here and we've got a chance the a Phillies. The over is hit in five straight games for the Phillies, so we should expect some offense from both sides here from the Cardinals and the Phillies. Don't hate to play on the over either. If you want to ride the streak with the Phillies over you know, obviously it's August, it's warm in Saint Louis. But Jordan Walker at home let's get him to have over one and a half hits runs in RBIs. This is again a very popular play for the prop bet cheat sheet. It's mine one forty three Jordan Walker over one and a half hits runs and RBIs on three to go along with the Brewers' money line and the Orioles money line here on a Monday. Coming up later on today for Pushing the odds, We're going to have some fun here today talking about the Cardinals, the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Are they the worst team in the NFL? Will they be?
Speaker 2: I've already bet under four and a half wins, like you guys know, but will break down what the Cardinals are going to look like. Doug Franz, who hosts a podcast in Phoenix, is going to join me to talk about the Cardinals and the outlook for a new coaching staff Jacoby Brissett or could it be someone else at quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals. But do that Coming up to eleven am Eastern time, eight am Pacific time live on the YouTube channel for Pushing the odds search Opening Line Media or Pushing the Odds on YouTube x.
Speaker 1: It's at Pushing the Odds.
Speaker 2: Minus Matt parolog You guys can follow me across all of my socials at sports Doc Matt every morning wherever you guys get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: It is the daily
Speaker 2: Juice, Present, Presentment and Descent, Present de center