Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is Nick Shot screaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: First Friday, Fabulous Football says Fagulous A tough week.
Speaker 4: Football show.
Speaker 5: Even when Speed plays, No, it's still in a mood.
Speaker 4: He's been in a mood.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I hope the team has that same move. I love it. Bags. You keep it going.
Speaker 5: But Mickey need Mickey needs to give the pregame speech.
Speaker 4: Idea.
Speaker 7: What would you say? What would you say?
Speaker 8: Oh, my, I can't say it.
Speaker 4: He would he would call out individuals. Yeah, that's what you do. Call it individuals. Yeah, don't be don't be all who overviewed that was?
Speaker 8: That was the baseball pre game champagne party, Verlander. It's postgame, post game game. I been pre champagne.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pre yeah, postgame pre champagne celebrations.
Speaker 8: About five f bombs in there. That would have been me. And hear what it's going to sound like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's what it sounds like, right, here ready.
Speaker 8: That's good.
Speaker 4: That's good, and you have.
Speaker 5: To play mixed the the rent, yeah, or that would be good.
Speaker 8: So it's a little windy out there. If you guys didn't notice, I was gonna come in and say I'd pay anybody one hundred dollars if they can catch catch one of Anger's punts. Hmm, floating over the place. It's that, you know, how easily deuce and turping catch punts. Boy, there was a lot of extra steps in there, covid, but I was thinking if I was trying to catch those, and so it's not only blowing like in their face, but it's blowing sideways too, And it's blowing sideways so hard. I don't think i'd be fast enough to get to where the ball was going to land.
Speaker 4: Does it feel like maybe like a left left for the kicker? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Almost, But you know it was so windy yesterday they went inside when they started team practice, and I bet they do it again today. You can't throw the football in that stuff, and it won't be like that in Sofi right right even you.
Speaker 9: Know it's open air, but yeah, it's kind of breeze coming through.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's totally different thing.
Speaker 8: Although the rain will come through, because that last time we were there and it rained, it was blowing through the sides. It was raining so hard.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a projected eighty five degrees in.
Speaker 8: Los Angeles rain dressed properly right now, Savannah, you are from San Diego, right, I am?
Speaker 5: Okay? So the Santa Ana winds, what were they like?
Speaker 7: Pretty bad? It was hot? It was hot wind.
Speaker 5: Was it as windy as a Texas a good old Texas springtime wind or in this case on October thirteenth wind.
Speaker 7: We were more worried about the wildfires we.
Speaker 5: Saw, of course, Yeah, sure we saw.
Speaker 7: A lot of those.
Speaker 5: I did mention October thirteenth. You know what that means?
Speaker 4: I do know. You explain to us what that means.
Speaker 8: Jerry Jones's birthday?
Speaker 7: Oh wow, happy birthday.
Speaker 4: Jerry on a Friday.
Speaker 5: Born on Friday, the Thursday.
Speaker 8: Don't look up so much.
Speaker 4: I could say where.
Speaker 9: Where?
Speaker 5: Okay, what day of the week.
Speaker 4: We're going to just say Friday. Let's just to Friday.
Speaker 8: Forty forty forty two. Yeah, he's eighty one.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, So Producer Supreme is on that October thirty.
Speaker 9: It sounds better Friday the thirteenth. Let's just keep it at that.
Speaker 8: He said on his radio segment that there might be some libations to taking place today.
Speaker 10: It was on a Tuesday, all right, Tuesday, the third you just ruined the Savannah.
Speaker 9: That's not nearly as sexy as Friday thirteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Will there be libations though? After the game on Monday night.
Speaker 8: That's a good question. That's do we have to answer that today? There's no Monday.
Speaker 5: That's why we played the the show before the game.
Speaker 9: Whether whether you win or not, I'm pretty sure libations are going to be needed.
Speaker 4: I mean, because if you lose one.
Speaker 8: Row sorrow.
Speaker 5: How big is this game?
Speaker 4: I think it's huge.
Speaker 8: I think is it bigger?
Speaker 5: Is it bigger than the San Francisco.
Speaker 8: Game after you lost? Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just made it bigger than the San Francisco because.
Speaker 8: The San Francisco game, when we we had to do a bunch of questions, and one of the questions before the season started was what's the you know, the biggest game or the game you've you're circling, And I said, san Francisco. I know it's only the fifth game, but you know, you kind of find out where you're at with a team that's eliminated you twice. Now this one's bigger.
Speaker 9: It is simply because you lost, yeah, and the way you and the way you.
Speaker 5: Lost, and now you're going up against the former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore.
Speaker 8: The Los Angeles and that makes it even a little bit more bigger. I mean. They asked Jerry on his radio segment if he's gotten over it and the loss, and he goes, no, I haven't. He said, it's been that kind of week. It was such a surprise and so unexpected.
Speaker 5: To throw another thing in there.
Speaker 4: He sounds like he was disappointed.
Speaker 9: It sounds like disappointed in his team, sorely in his team.
Speaker 4: Another thing to throw in there.
Speaker 5: You had the the lopsided loss in San Francisco, and then you're going up against your former offensive coordinator Kellen Moore and the Chargers, and then you got to buy after that, right, and so you better win.
Speaker 7: It's a big much needed It was a.
Speaker 4: Long wait just for this game, so you can and then have to go next two weeks and stew it. I'm glad we mix it up like that. I don't want to have to be.
Speaker 8: A hard time imagining this way.
Speaker 10: Also, I'm nervous for Austin Eckler. He's coming back and he's I I think he's going to do really well for the Charger way, so our defense is up for a test with him.
Speaker 5: Played in one game broke off about a fifty yard run in that game against the Dolphins, which.
Speaker 8: Total and they rushed for two thirty four.
Speaker 5: Just the other thing, though, you look at the Chargers and yes, they've got the thirty second ranked pass defense in the league. They did play the Dolphins the first game of the year. It was a shootout thirty six thirty four. They lost by two points to.
Speaker 8: Them, and then the second loss was overtime, right twenty seven to twenty four. I believe wait, I got.
Speaker 5: It right here on the road.
Speaker 9: The Chargers always seemed to be in forever comeback mode.
Speaker 4: You ever noticed that.
Speaker 9: They're always scrambling in the last two minutes, Herbert is trying to get valley.
Speaker 4: Of the guys and here we go.
Speaker 9: And you know, I think that's the disappointment in that team. But I don't want them to be too familiar. Whatever they do against us, I don't want them to be familiar in that comeback mode. I want us to be able to put this out of sight. Well, we don't have to worry about a two minute drill from this high pile of offense.
Speaker 8: Well, if you look at Herbert's numbers, completing seventy one percent of US passes, seven touchdowns, one interception, he has been sacked nine times and a quarterback rating of one oh six point three. So got to worry about him.
Speaker 4: Radio station I worked for in one.
Speaker 8: O six point three?
Speaker 4: Can we stay on track? Please? Can we please stay on track? Chris is always mad over there, come on.
Speaker 8: So that's that's a problem, by the way, And.
Speaker 5: That was that was like with the Rangers always he was always bad. If if the pitcher's e RA was the same as the flagship radio station KRLD ten eighty, occasionally that would happen back in the day with.
Speaker 8: The ras Are the scar in the football would end up thirteen ten in the ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, all right. So what concerns you the most going into this game where this team is right now? The offense or the defense.
Speaker 8: So this is going to be a nice transition into the injury report. It concerns me that there's no Layton Vandersch and no CJ. Goodwin and how they compensate for that, So that's what concerns me. He's your leading tackler, so the second leading tackler, Damoon Clark, has to Basically we talked about it yesterday take more snaps and talking to him in the locker room, he you know, feels very comfortable and ready to do that, and he said, I'd just do whatever they ask me. And somebody says, but are you gonna call plays? And so when they all walked off, I said, so, are you pretty good at listening and just repeating what you heard? And he laughed. He goes, yeah, why does everybody say that? He goes, I'm not calling the plays, I'm just repeating the plays, right, But he said he did it in uh in preseason when vander Esch wasn't playing in the preseason games, so he had the communication device in his helmet. So he's done it. He's he's used to doing it. But again, they're gonna need guys to be able to step up on special teams, not only for the snaps that Demon Clark was taken, but for the snaps that c J good one is taken. So uh and I did see so on the injury report, Wan yer Thomas was listed with a hamstring.
Speaker 5: We don't have time to go through the whole injury report.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not going to give but Wanie is one of the guys that did not practice with a hamstring. And he was out there on the cords today but he did not have his pads on, So that means he wasn't going to practice uh at least UH. Cavante Turpin and Donovan Wilson UH were on the cords and they had their pads on. So while Turpin was warming up when they started UH punt, they he was out there catching punt. So H MacCarthy said he would practice today and I saw him running through the locker room yesterday. He looked, okay to me, if you got an ankle, he was jumping. He's got that key and he had to jump over. He had to jump over and he did. He did it twice and he was jumping over stuff. I said, okay, he's good.
Speaker 5: You know, some people are just so bendable that you know, you get a little springed ankle and it's not really that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Wrey, that's called why are we got.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And some of the guys that were listed as limited were basically limited in how many reps they took, so I think, but the concern is, you know who's going to take CG. Goodwin's place, and they're going to have to call guys up off the practice squad.
Speaker 5: Right, sure, Malik Jefferson's got one more and more week, so that would be one of the moves.
Speaker 8: And I think the only other linebacker on there, well there's two now, Shawn Evans. How do you say it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 8: Tyrs? Tyros Wheet?
Speaker 5: Now he's he's more of an edge. Yeah, may list him as a linebacker, but he's sixty three two hundred and sixty five pounds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they listed him as a linebacker though, but for special teams. Maybe the way he moves.
Speaker 5: Well, right, yeah, I was just watching him out on the practice field just now, right, and he caught my eye just the way he moves.
Speaker 4: Just do it?
Speaker 8: Another king I over here, and does he have some local ties? So he did in the state, Maybe I don't remember. Somehow I remember his name came up that he knew somebody on the team or played with him in high school. Maybe Douce Fawn maybe.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll do the research on that. He's from Louisiana.
Speaker 8: Oh, okay, maybe not.
Speaker 4: Then what do you think about the extra day.
Speaker 8: Well, it's not an extra day because they lost Monday and Tuesday was a day off, and he basically did on Wednesday what they normally would have done on Monday. So yesterday was really the first day of practice and then the second day is today, and then Saturday will be Friday for them, So maybe it gives him more space in between the loss and having to play. Oh and by the way, when they were practicing special teams, Evans was on the scout team, so you know he's not playing until after the bye week, so it's not like they signed it now. He said, I can come right off the couch and play on Monday. I don't know that they're buying into that since he hasn't practiced till yesterday since last January, since he didn't do anything with Philadelphia, so that's kind of a future thing. So linebacker, I don't know if you guys are for it. I am. Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's the thing, like with for instance of Tyrus Wheat, if they were to elevate him from the practice squad, he is for special teams reasons, and as depth as an edge rusher, because I think that is what is what would then be his first NFL game, He could give you a few snaps as an edge rusher against Justin Herban. By the way, looking at the Chargers offensive line, line up your best best rusher on that right tackle and maybe you'll get somewhere.
Speaker 9: Pipkins, Okay, and that you asked about what the concerns, That's that's my concern.
Speaker 4: You know, the trenches. How are we going to do defensively our.
Speaker 8: Front seven, especially against the run against them? That's really all I'm thinking about.
Speaker 5: I think, I think I.
Speaker 8: Think Parsons is more valuable against the run at linebacker than he is on the defensive defensive end.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: And by the way, when they were doing their kind of little drills they do position drills while special teams was going on, Parsons was not over there where the defensive ends were. As a matter of fact, he didn't get over there just to watch at the end. So I don't know if that means anything or not, because they're they're it's like all the other linebackers they have they're doing special teams. There's nobody you know, vander esh would be the one sitting out, but Clark's over there, Jefferson's over there, so the and then with Janie Thomas not there, Bell was probably on special teams also, So yeah, they're pretty thin at linebacker going into this game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we'll see where Rashaun Evans is eventually after the bye week and going on and when the Cowboys come back from the buy and play the Rams and the Eagles. But he doesn't factor in obviously this week, and so it's it's like you have a specific game plan for the Chargers this week with what you have available.
Speaker 8: He said something really funny in his interview. Somebody said something about he goes, yeah, he goes, you know, I didn't sign and I don't know they're my agent. And somebody said, well, you should have fired him. He goes, I did. Did he really? Yeah? Somebody says, so he's got a new guy. And I asked him, I said why why the Cowboys, because I said, I'm sure you had other opportunities and and he basically said, he goes, well, you know the history of the team and what they needed, and you know some of the people that I know play here. And he goes. My family were all Cowboy fans growing up so in Auburn, Alabama. In Auburn, Alabama, they were Cowboy fans. So anyway, yeah, he's rare to go now. They just got to get him ready to go. And as I said, it's a I was told it's a process. You know, he's not ready to play.
Speaker 5: So all right, we're just getting started on a fabulous football Friday edition to mix shots. And we're back in a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 8: He escapes left, he'll.
Speaker 3: Run for a first down.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says two thousand. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this shimshell, run it up the middle, Andy scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere it's the crisp crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Mornings Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Cook, America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Football Taste Like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, fort Worth, Texas, Demitt.
Speaker 10: Shuts Kpost Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, we continue here on MOLL.
Speaker 8: There's play right there. We were just talking about some coverages and there it's on NFL network.
Speaker 5: We're talking about Okay, just pull back the curtain here. And last night I texted people on this show and uh, the three Kittle touchdowns, just with the coaches film the all twenty two, just to get their assessment on what happened on these three plays and who is at fault on these three plays?
Speaker 4: And it was too.
Speaker 5: The video was too tiny for Mickey to even see. It was foggy, yeah, grainy, foggy, rainy, fut and they just showed So what's funny about that? We were just talking about it on NFL network. They're talking forty nine ers and they just showed the three Kittle touchdowns against the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: So and basically bragging about the intellect of Santahan and how good he is a created miss massaging confusing.
Speaker 5: All right, So let me ask you about those condensed formations that Shanahan and McVay uh from that school they run all the time, and what that does. And a condensed formation is when you've got everyone in tight basically, and then the bunch you're right.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 5: What explain what that what causes problems for DB's when you when you're trying to play man out of that.
Speaker 9: Well, it creates a lot of rubbing, a lot of that. We call them rubber routes. So the guy coming in motion, you know, you have to be ready for that. If you're coming over in man to man, they could get picked You get picked off very easily.
Speaker 4: So what you do is you kind of change that to a little zone.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: You you take up, you take deep, and one goes inside and one stays outside. But if you have a man in the middle, everyone's positioning should be on the outside because you have post help. If there's no one in the middle, you're just gonna have to play the man that comes into your area, which it seems like Donathan Wilson was trying to do.
Speaker 5: On the third touchdown by Kittle, Donovan Wilson was on Kittle. No, I think the flee flicker was the second one, and but so on the third one, which is the shorter one thirteen yard touchdown, it was Kittle on a little post in the middle of the end zone, all right, at the outset of that place. Use Check lined up as a wing on the right side. Jayron Curse went over to cover him. He lined up over him a way. Malik Hooker was a safety in the middle of the field. Us Check went in motion. Malik went with him and motioned towards Curse like he was trying to tell him something.
Speaker 4: But you have to take my place in the middle, right right right. So what happened was then.
Speaker 5: Kittle went where Hooker was. His route was over the middle, and there was no safety help for Donovan Wilson. There should have been there, That's what I'm thinking or wondering.
Speaker 4: But you use stay with the man that goes in motion. You usually go with them.
Speaker 9: He usually stays with them. You don't switch like that, right, you know, if you stay in the middle. If his man to man, you stay in the middle, I will make.
Speaker 5: We think what because they were so close to the goal line. I think that they were concerned. Hooker was concerned. They were going through the use check and he had he had basically on that little h flare out to the to the what would have been the left flank whatever, and Hooker could get there faster than Curse was. I think that's probably what hooker.
Speaker 9: Once again, you still should have one of those. So you got to be in the middle of the.
Speaker 5: You have to be in concert with each other. If if Hooker is going to do that, then Curse has got to take his place in the middle.
Speaker 4: And he's got to play.
Speaker 9: You can't cover the outside guys if it's a wide formation. If it's a tight formation, everyone's still outside leverage because there's going to be a safety in the middle. Most likely he will double the two receiver. He won't go and double the one receivers too far outside right.
Speaker 8: So which touchdown was that that was?
Speaker 4: He said? I think it was the third touchdown, the thirteen yard.
Speaker 8: Okay, because I was looking at the my scribbled notes here now on the reverse ficker thing, I wrote down that Jordan Lewis got caught looking what in.
Speaker 5: The now Leyton vander Ash was lined up over Kittle. It was blocking at first, and the wide receiver that Lewis was covering on that side was the man who went in most ran the reverse in the in the pitch back, and then Kittle just secretly leaked out and Jordan Lewis, as Mickey said, was caught looking inside.
Speaker 9: Now, if you're if you're gonna play safety in your deep safety, you have no reason poking your head, poking your nose anywhere towards the line of scream.
Speaker 4: And he was wheel route by Kittle down the side.
Speaker 9: You have to let it develop as a safety, as a free safety, you just let it develop because you're not going to stop the reverse.
Speaker 4: It's too far, too right.
Speaker 5: Field right, And he was staying there. Lewis was staying home that he've had whoever was coming out there. One of the problems was, and to the forty nine ers credit on it, they had another back that was running a shallow route in front of him.
Speaker 4: And so well you got less make it the less of evil, right exactly, So you gotta you gotta go, that's right. Yeah, So.
Speaker 8: You know, and he called the kind of flea flicker or whatever you want to call, the double reverse at a perfect time because it came right after the turnover, right, you know, you get that sudden change and you're not settled and get out there and you get a gingerbread play.
Speaker 9: And and you know, most experienced coaches and teams they know that right and said, you come out there talking, be ready for something tricky. It's you know, that's just that's being heads up. You know, a veteran in the in the more than one veteran in the huddle, or a coaching sell we'll say it in someone's hey, tell them to be ready for something tricky.
Speaker 8: I'm because I'm always when you see one like that, you get the ball. I'm going, okay, throw to the end.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time.
Speaker 8: Catch them off guard because they're going to be unsettled.
Speaker 5: And by the way, coming out of the by, the Cowboys are going to face a similar type offense that.
Speaker 4: Runs a lot of that bunch with a hell of an arm.
Speaker 8: So and when they do that, you don't know if those guys are blocking. You know, they could be blocking where they're lined up right, so that kind of complicates me.
Speaker 9: But as a safety, you know, you're designated to stay back, right, yea, our safety val that's that's what that's why, that's the name of it.
Speaker 8: So you've got to let the other guys or assume the other guys are going to do there.
Speaker 5: So sometimes the knee jerk reaction from fans or media or whatever is, oh, they're they've they outplayed them because they were playing harder or whatever.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they were smarter and they're play smart.
Speaker 8: Sometimes they just get you right.
Speaker 9: Well, that's what Jerry was saying. Yeah, they was smarter than us because we got out of.
Speaker 5: The coast well and then and some of that is the preparation during the week. Okay, that's that's how you get smarter to play on Sunday, is how well you're prepared during the week and looking at stuff. That's why Sean Lee was so great at what he did. He spent countless hours. You know, he wasn't playing any video games during the week.
Speaker 9: And you know the difference between the teams that he he was on versus these teams is more film work. They seem to be more cohesive as far as doing what Shawn Lee always did but Seawan Lee was usually in the room by himself.
Speaker 4: You know what, byself? Now you have a room full of guys and they're trying to learn. They have that.
Speaker 5: Remember the whether it was HBO or whatever, the documentary on the Cowboys, and at the it was the end of the season and Sean Lee is still in the film room.
Speaker 4: The season's over shot, and it was in there with anyone right.
Speaker 5: No, by himself.
Speaker 8: You know, he's probably still doing it.
Speaker 4: You know, they're texting, here's what.
Speaker 8: They're gonna they're working on doing a documentary on dat Win and the story. I told him. We're in trading camp. And this is when he was working uh on the radio station in San Antonio, and they would come to training camp and I'm standing next to him at practice and they're in team and he's looking at the offense how they're lined up, and he goes, Okay, here's what they're gonna do, and this is what the defense needs to do. I'll be darned. He was right every time. And he wasn't playing, he wasn't studying film. All he did was look at the alignment and where guys were and he absolutely diagnosed what was happening what the defense should be doing. He was amazing. He was another guy if.
Speaker 4: He had time.
Speaker 9: Besides making a little money, I guess he's doing pretty well with franchise or whatever.
Speaker 4: Be nice for him to come back and coach.
Speaker 8: Chick fil Aye. He's got two franchises now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he looks like a businessman now.
Speaker 8: Actually a pretty good story because they do a training right, and then you got to pass a test, and I think the first two times he didn't get chosen. I think it was the third time they finally said, okay, you're you got it, you can do it right. Yeah, he was pretty sharp, and I guarantee you he was one of those guys that watched a lot of tape.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: Vander esh Is sort of liked that too. That's why Daimone Clark was talking about. You know, he he basically had to go through with his neck surgery that Vanderesh did, so he said vander esh used to come and join him during his rehabs. He goes, this guy didn't know me. I'm a rookie, right, I didn't even play in the league, and he's trying to help me out because he knows.
Speaker 5: Where I'm going you know, right, And you know where he learned it, Yeah, Van learned it from being around him.
Speaker 8: And and and so. Dmones also said that you know their their lockers are separated by an empty locker, and someone asked him that that just kind of happened. He goes, oh, no, I asked to be next to vander Esh.
Speaker 9: It's like, okay, And when you look at this defensive squad now, they seem to be pretty cohesive. You know, they just need to start playing together better, but they seem to study well together. They hang out a little bit together. You know, they're not as isolated as the teams what you saw with Sean Lee when we just talk about Sean Lee's in there by himself, and you've got guys playing video games or something, you know, not even football video games. They're playing like NBA two K or some crap. So, yeah, it the culture is different now with a guy like Parsons, you know, he's gonna take that whole rold over. You know, he can be right beside Vanderish studying films and.
Speaker 4: Things of that nature.
Speaker 5: It reminds me I'm not going to throw him under the bus. But there was a linebacker here that when Sewn Lee was here and there was football season and he'd be tweeting about the video game that he's playing.
Speaker 4: That's what I recall. That's what I was speaking of because you.
Speaker 8: Brought that up before and let me go see who that was.
Speaker 4: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 8: Who played with them?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: We got our picks to click, and who's gonna win? I don't have anything, Joe, come back, mixhots.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag Brisky in the Smoker, Miller Lite and the coup, America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 4: Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time celebrate responsibly twenty twenty three miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run full punchtown.
Speaker 4: Just like football.
Speaker 6: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool, pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: Shuts.
Speaker 10: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco, Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones with a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with AT and T, this interactive technology gives tour goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information into book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours and I'm sure they could ask Jerry when his birthday is and he would say today, February. I'm sorry, October thirteenth, Friday in the thirteenth.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. Can you remind people what that text line is? I can't you have the number right there?
Speaker 10: The text line is eight one seven two nine zero three two nine to eight.
Speaker 5: You know watch Thursday night football last night.
Speaker 8: I didn't. I had a function to go to. What a big game that? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 5: Stars overtime shootout, shootout.
Speaker 10: It was great and sold out, sold out building, over eighteen thousand people there.
Speaker 7: The energy was just electric. It's great.
Speaker 8: It was over the Blues too, because if you remember last year, the big problem was when the games went into overtime or matches whatever you call them in hockey overtime. They were better in the shootout than they were in the overtime.
Speaker 4: Hockey what is it? Game? Game? Okay? All right, okay?
Speaker 5: And they played periods, making.
Speaker 8: Periods not quarters. I've heard that mistake, right, yeah?
Speaker 4: Period?
Speaker 8: How many?
Speaker 4: How many periods? Yeah?
Speaker 8: How many? Is there overtime? Three?
Speaker 12: Three?
Speaker 7: That would be three.
Speaker 8: I grew up. Don't mess with me, right. I can tell you all about Bobby Hall and Glen Hall and Eric Nestaenko, Pierre Pilot. I'm gonna keep going.
Speaker 4: That sounds impressive, It sounds very impressive.
Speaker 5: And Kansas City beat Denver in the NFL game last week.
Speaker 8: It any good. It was like nineteen to.
Speaker 5: What nineteen to eight was the final score.
Speaker 8: How'd they get to eight two point conversionsion trying to catch up?
Speaker 5: They were down sixteen to nothing, and then.
Speaker 4: Boy was very uneventful.
Speaker 8: My buddy Sean not doing too well up there.
Speaker 5: Nope, nope, Russell Wilson is not doing too well.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Getting back on the tour. I mean, we I wonder if she was there. Well, I gotta say, from what I saw in that game.
Speaker 9: From what I saw in that game, it's not as much Russell as the offensive line is horrible.
Speaker 5: Really, that's what they supposedly fixed.
Speaker 4: Were horrible. That's all I can see. They can't run the ball, they can't protect.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, by the way, that's an issue that Kansas City is going to have to those tackles with Kansas City has you know Orlando Brown went to Cincinnati and they've got Doughovan Smith on the left side and Juwan Taylor on the right from Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: And that's why they can't.
Speaker 9: Throw the ball down through an interception because one guy's on the leg and the other guys got him up up top and he tries to throw it one a way.
Speaker 5: And oh wow, the Houston West Virginia game college football. Oh that was last Mary the game for Houston.
Speaker 9: Yeah, wow, yeah, boy, Houston's hanging in there, and West Virginia was playing well, weren't they They were?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, that's a big one. Pete on a hil Mary Houston that started off kind of shaky.
Speaker 5: Anything else that you need to empty out of your legal pad there, this is your last opportunity before Cowboys Chargers. By the way, the Chargers defense, they didn't have Joey Bosa in their last game two weeks ago, and they didn't have Derwin James. James was a full participant yesterday in practice.
Speaker 8: Boso was d n pede with a toe, yes, right, and.
Speaker 5: They have Khalil Mack with the other other side had say Sachs and his game he was resting the Raiders.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's going to be scary on Monday night.
Speaker 8: That brought up the Cowboys twenty seventeen game with Atlanta Adrian Clayboy during Claiborne made a career because he turned that in that one performance into a big payday because he was a free agent the next year.
Speaker 4: Didn't we do that for someone the Cowboys? That's what That's what I was talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Chaz Green, Chaz Green.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, that was crazy, Layborn. He made the Pro Bowl off of just us.
Speaker 8: So anything else on your legal pad you need to tell, because I already said the thing. But what Troy said about that game, well, I don't know when they finished with eleven sacks, and he remembered when he got sacked eleven time by Philadelphia, and Troy said in the broadcast, he goes, man, I don't remember it looking that bad.
Speaker 4: It did, Troy, it did?
Speaker 8: I think that twenty some years later it probably Yeah, you forgot right.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 8: He had all eleven sacks. I think Daniel Jones only had ten, and then whoever came in and got one.
Speaker 5: And what's Daniel Jones doing this week?
Speaker 8: He's probably hurt.
Speaker 4: He's going to be watching.
Speaker 5: Oh that's already been ruled out.
Speaker 8: Oh, he has already been ruled out.
Speaker 5: Tyrod Taylor is starting for the Giants against the Buffalo Bills, who are extra motivated because they went over the pond and lost across the pond to Jacksonville last week.
Speaker 8: So and in state rivalry.
Speaker 5: Deshaun Watson has been ruled out too for Cleveland, and.
Speaker 4: That's the Niners.
Speaker 5: The plan and the Niners are playing in Cleveland. PJ Walker, who just signed with them a couple of weeks ago, is the starting quarterback because Dorian Thompson Robinson, who is their draft pick, who did not farewell on his first outing, they decided not to not to throw him to the forty nine or Wolves.
Speaker 8: So that guy keeps going places where quarterbacks get hurt.
Speaker 9: T J.
Speaker 8: Walker, he was a USFL or XFL guy because he was in Carolina, right, and he got forced to be this.
Speaker 4: I think it was maybe gone to Chicago after that.
Speaker 8: And maybe Yeah, he keeps he's the ant. What was the guys named? The Cowboys had Anthony Right? No, yeah, Anthony right, Anthony right where the Cowboys sacrificed him the final game of the twenty twenty season because Troy was hurt and Randall Cunningham faked a hamstring because he didn't want to play the third street quarterback. I had to go out there times. Yeah, he had to go out and play in the freezing cold, and nobody else on the offense wanted to play. No. It was the last game.
Speaker 4: Of the year at Tennessee.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he made a business all right.
Speaker 6: Christmas Day, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, Yeah it was.
Speaker 8: And that was the five in the five and eleven seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm not going to Tennessee. End up going super Bowl that year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, here it is all right, picked a click time.
Speaker 4: Who's going to win? We go around the horn here? Oh yeah, is there a pod pick there? There is not a.
Speaker 8: Right we can call in on Monday for somebody to throw it out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, no podcast on Monday, thank you, thank you. It's a game day on money.
Speaker 8: Gotta be somebody put it on one, all right?
Speaker 4: All right? Ever, since he's studying something over there, No, no, I just have to erase the pot pick, you.
Speaker 9: Know, okay, just that you itself only the title I have.
Speaker 4: Okay, raised you made a pot pick organized? My stuff is organized. I'm a like that.
Speaker 9: So anyway, I have the Chargers getting their offense on. I see them scoring four touchdowns, so they'll score twenty four points. But I see our buddy Aubrey is going to have a big game.
Speaker 4: Random Aubrey, that's right. I see us winning thirty three to twenty eight. And he's my guy, Brandon Aubrey. You score thirty three to twenty eight. He's going to kick eleven fields. No, no, he's not. No, he's not. No, he's not the Cowboys. Now you get to thirty three.
Speaker 8: There's lots of ways to get to thirty.
Speaker 4: Anyways, Do I have to go over all of it?
Speaker 8: That's oh my god. And thirty three is always the only way I can.
Speaker 4: Figure out if he's going to be the star.
Speaker 5: The only way I can figure out we're going to get to thirty three is eleven field.
Speaker 4: I hope they score up thirty three points.
Speaker 9: I hope, and I hope Bobby ends up doing just what I said, and then you can shut the hill.
Speaker 5: Aubrey's yeah, Aubrey is your pick to click and thirty three to twenty Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: All right, Savannah, you're next.
Speaker 10: Well, I just want to note that the Cowboys did not make it to the red zone, so inside of the twenty yard line, the entire San Francisco forty nine ers that.
Speaker 5: They were perfect in the red zone precisely.
Speaker 7: So I am anticipate painting Monday night. We have a different direction with that.
Speaker 10: I think we will have a few red zone touchdowns.
Speaker 7: I am actually going with Tony Pollard for my click.
Speaker 4: To pick nice, I'm gonna have to change mine now. And what's goed?
Speaker 8: You have way to go, Savannah.
Speaker 7: I have twenty three fourteen.
Speaker 9: Twenty three four Cowboys that you rate. Pollard got you well, you think he's gonna go over one hundred?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 4: You aught some scrimmage. You WoT some scrimmage? Yeah? Cool?
Speaker 5: Okay, Mickey, I am pondering.
Speaker 8: I am going with the Cowboys. I like my score so much last week. Now I'm gonna use it again this week. Twenty six twenty four Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Didn't work last week, You're gonna try it again, stubborn.
Speaker 8: That's me, and my pick to click will be one. Dakota Ruscott r almost. I looked at the stats and the Chargers have the thirty second rank pass defense. Opposing quarterbacks have completed sixty five percent of their passes, but they have a quarterback rating of ninety eight point five, which is pretty darn good. So they've thrown for thirteen hundred and seventeen yards against the Chargers in four games. Dak's gonna light it up all right?
Speaker 4: Where you looking for? Two? Three one rushing? What are you looking at? Oh?
Speaker 8: I got to put together with sixes.
Speaker 9: At least come on, and by the way, twenty four plus nine?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 5: Thirty three?
Speaker 4: Shut up bill? Okay, how are you getting too? Twenty four?
Speaker 8: That's an extra field?
Speaker 4: Another field?
Speaker 5: Go, there you go. So it's twenty one plus no warfield.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, yes, sir, there you go.
Speaker 8: Okay, somehow it'll get to twenty six. You just watched.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're getting to twenty six. You got thirty three. What was your score against Savannah?
Speaker 7: Twenty three? Fourteen?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going back in time the first time that the Dallas Cowboys. You're going to harken base back the Chargers in San Diego, California. Yes, Savannah's hometown was long before Savannah but came into being. It was in nineteen seventy two and Walt Garrison Great Harrison scored on a nine yard touchdown run on the second quarter, giving the Cowboys a seventeen to nothing lead. Mike Ditka caught a touchdown pass from Craig Morton to make it twenty four to nothing. Craig Morton then scored on a seven yard touchdown run the Cowboys a thirty one to nothing lead on.
Speaker 4: The Chargers he ran a touchdown. Wow.
Speaker 5: But then here came the Chargers back John Hadel to former Arkansas back Chuck Dykas, John Hadel to Gary Garrison, John Hadel to Chuck Dykas again. Tony Fritch for the Cowboys made it a thirty four to twenty one Cowboys lead, and Dave Williams a touchdown pass from John Hadel made it thirty four to twenty eight. The final there's your final score. The Cowboys, just like they did in nineteen seventy two win over the Chargers, thirty four twenty eight. Your final score. And the star of the game ce d Lamb.
Speaker 8: Well, he can't be a star unless the quarterback is there.
Speaker 5: You go go on to reverse drop the mic on that.
Speaker 8: And by the way, nineteen seventy two was Walt Garrison's only Pro Bowl season.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 8: He had counted four more than in a thousand yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: He was also added to the nineteen seventy three or four Pro Bowl team. Okay, that was played. He was added to it at Texas Stadium. He told me this story. He was added to it because he was local in town and one of the running boats did show up, so they needed another running back, so he was added to the t.
Speaker 8: It sounds like home right at the Senior Pole at the Senior Bowl. If somebody gets hurt, they just go look at the South Alabama roster and go, okay, you're in the Senior pol whoever the guy's living there.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: Whoever was running the Pro Bowl got a hold of Gil Brandt and said, got any running backs in town.
Speaker 8: Well, so that's how LP Lattister got a job. Right when the Cowboys were in between they stayed out there and practiced that San Jose State between the forty nine Ers and Raiders game and the rookie deep snapper Parcels just had it with him and they needed to bring somebody in at least for a workout. And LP Lattiser had gone to cal and he was still living out there, and they said, well he could just drive in, bring him in and we'll work them out. What fifteen stay later, stay wow?
Speaker 4: Decade and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and still lives here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he does, that's right. I think he got some land up all right.
Speaker 5: That does it for another week of broadcasting or podcasting here on mixed shots and make a year headed out there to the am Sunday, Savannah, You're going to everything?
Speaker 4: Are you really? Wow?
Speaker 8: You're gonna come up with you guys coming up the press box to say hi.
Speaker 7: I'll come up. I'll be on the field at some point.
Speaker 4: I won't.
Speaker 5: I've got an American League Championship Series. I need to pay attention.
Speaker 8: Is that game going to be over before the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: What a great day on Monday that it's a three thirty first pitch for Rangers at Astros Monday afternoon and then the Cowboys at seven to fifteen.
Speaker 8: Make sure it's a three hour game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. All right?
Speaker 5: That does it for mix shots and we will see you again on Tuesday at noon.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.