Speaker 1: Hey, Ryan drops on today's episode Reality with the King. We are getting into part one reunion of In the City. As you all know, this is my new favorite show. I love it so much. We have a lot to unpack. This was actually a really good reunion.
Speaker 2: I was a little skeptical.
Speaker 1: I was a little skeptical in the beginning because I'm like, well, it's taping at WATFA, happens live and not in a full studio, so I'm like, Okay, how good is this going to be without the big stage, the wardrobe, budget, you know, all of those things.
Speaker 2: But I was pleasantly surprised. Now I know.
Speaker 1: I'm a little late with giving you all this recap. This has been a very busy week for me. I literally did four interviews for the podcast within twenty four hours in two different states, so I had to like breathe a bit. So I wasn't able to watch this live. I just watched it hit me recapping it for you guys today.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: Here we are, and yes, I will be recapping part two cause no part one was good. I love the show and I need this show to come back, and I need you guys to talk about it and let folks know, because it really is that good. Okay, so let's get into the good stuff. Amanda and Kyle storyline. No surprise here started the reunion, okay, because you know the reason why watching in the City is because of the scandal between Amanda and West and how it affected Sierra and Coy.
Speaker 2: Oh so rightfully.
Speaker 1: So this part one reunion started off with that. Andy asks Amanda how she's doing, because look, she I would go on record saying Amanda is probably the most hated female reality star are right now. She is, and I know a lot of you guys think she deserves it. And listen, she also understands that too.
Speaker 2: Did she do something insane in the membrane.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but listen, I will never and I don't care if I get mad at me.
Speaker 2: I don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: I will never ever believe that anyone who's on a reality show deserves to be hated based on something they did wrong, intentionally or not.
Speaker 2: I think you can have a very strong opinion.
Speaker 1: I think you can state that all you want, I think to have a reality star be afraid to leave their home and walk down the street without being verbally or physically attacked.
Speaker 2: Amanda does not deserve that. Does she deserve y'allun following her, go right ahead? Does she deserve us saying you are a horrible person?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But to hate someone that's going too far.
Speaker 2: This is a reality show.
Speaker 1: So I want to make sure that I use my platform to say it, although a lot of people don't, So I will go on record saying it, love me or hate me, baby, No reality star deserves to be hated to the point where they're being attacked on the streets or wherever they are in public by people. That's going too far. So Amanda said that, you know, she's she's she's doing as best as she could in the circumstances. And then the conversation started to, of course arose in terms of the latest between her and West and rather or not they're in love. So Amanda, this is something that was really interesting to me. First of all, she looked nice for somebody who did her own glamor. I thought she looked better here than at the Summer House reunion with a big budget.
Speaker 2: So Amanda actually looked decent here. Now, Amanda is definitely a weird.
Speaker 1: I think Amanda's weird. She's I don't know, I don't know if she was on Beta blockers. Again, she did admit she was on it at the union, but said for another reason, Amanda's a weirdo to me. And I say that with kindness. There's nothing while being weird.
Speaker 2: Like beauty. It's in the eye of the beholder.
Speaker 1: And I'm beholden to tell you guys that chick is weird. Because when they were asking her like, so do you love West and she looks dazed and confused, like she smoked one of Snoop Dogg's blunts, and she's looking off into the sky like the cranes and the sky.
Speaker 2: Solange knows things about.
Speaker 1: And she's like, oh, well, uh huh. And they're like, do you guys say y'all love each other? And she goes, not really, that's a simple yes or no. That's like asking somebody right now, Carlos, are you black?
Speaker 2: I mean not really.
Speaker 1: If you go down the gamut of my ancestry, you know, there's a little EU opinion folks in the mix.
Speaker 2: You know, what are you talking about, Amanda?
Speaker 1: And then they're like, well, do you guys do the whole I L why you know the initials I L Y, which means I love you, and she's staring into dead space.
Speaker 2: And Amanda, although you don't deserve to be hated, you do deserve to get read. You are a liar Wes and you.
Speaker 1: Have clearly told each other that y'all love each other, which who gives a fuck? Y'all slept with each other behind Sierra's back. Like at this point, girl, there's nothing you can do that would make you look redeemable. Like Amanda, my advice to you is, at this point, sis, lay it all out, Lay it out on the table the last supper. What are we doing? Okay, what are we talking about here? Just admit that. Look, we have said we love each other, and that's that. I think we all would have been like, okay, girl, g luck, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So Amanda.
Speaker 1: Talked about her Summer House reunion and said she was disappointed in her performance, and I'm like, what is this the super Bowl halftime show? What do you mean performance? Your job is to be there and be real, So to say that you were disappointed in your performance? Did I miss a rehearsal? Deloreent Gibson come out to do with a count? Was there a dress rehearsal? Did I mention her background singers like Patla Bell did Amanda, oh my god, you are so weird and I just can't take it.
Speaker 2: Lord Jesus, you are a weirdo syst It's whatever.
Speaker 1: So MS Girl said that she felt that she had a bad performance, Okay, like she fell on the ground one or six in park style, shout off to Michelle Williams, who I love and we can all laugh at it, and so can she. Okay, So moving on, Kyle said that he was more hurt by West than Amanda because Wes and hero boys, which.
Speaker 2: Understood, you know, that's that's understandable.
Speaker 1: When it came to Amanda describing her situationship with West, she said that she was getting things from West that she wasn't getting from Kyle, and Kyle clopped her and said, oh is he doing your taxes?
Speaker 2: Negotiating brand deals? Does he make your bid?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Kyle, I will say this, although those are all great things, you were still cheating on your wife so you could make her bid, do her taxes, and negotiate her brand deals, you still did not keep your dick in your pants. So despite all the things you've done for her, which I think those things are great, what would be greater is you remaining faithful. And I think that's what Amanda was trying to say. But the blunt that she smoked before she got on stage.
Speaker 2: Colluded her mind that she was unable to defend herself.
Speaker 1: And that's why, Amanda, my advice get you some minions the way Lindsay has, Honey, because you need these girls to fight for you when you're so dazed and confused, puff puff, past past that you are even unable to defend yourself when your cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater ex husband is saying to you, what I did these things for you?
Speaker 2: And your response should have been, but were you faithful?
Speaker 1: Because I don't remember in our vowels it said anything about doing our taxes. I don't remember in our vows to say anything about making my bid I don't remember in our vowels say anything about negotiating brand deals.
Speaker 2: But what I do remember in our vowels is to have and to hold.
Speaker 1: To be faithful in sickness or in health, and that is something called cook. You did not do, so I think Kyle did say he did, which was a revelation is his enjoyment about having sober sex.
Speaker 2: So if you've been watching the show.
Speaker 1: Unlike me, I know a lot thanks of blue and Jazz, But if you're watching the show, it's known that Kyle is a party animal and he loves to drink. That Kyle loves to drink. So it was revealed that Kyle is having a lot of sober sex, which apparently it's new, so much new that Sally went on La LA's podcast and mentioned how Kyle's great in bed, they have great sex, and you saw a man that get a little jealous, like asking all these questions about what does that mean with them with with Kyle.
Speaker 2: Like was it just Sally? Was a multiple women?
Speaker 1: And then for me it made me realize, huh, was Amanda low key pissed because the sex that her and Kyle would have is not great and she's probably wondering if the sex was bad because of her.
Speaker 2: Or is it because of his sobriety.
Speaker 1: I came to that conclusion when she kept asking like, well, how many women said it? And I said, oh, sister, I see what you're doing. You're wondering if one of the reasons why Kyle cheated on you is because you weren't great in bed, and that Kyle's great in bed with other women, but not with you, and maybe it has something to do with you.
Speaker 2: That's what I think she was saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it. I'm not in their bedroom. I don't have surveillance cameras in their home. I don't know what's going on. But if you look at Amanda's reaction to it, you could tell she was not days and confused because of the blunt.
Speaker 2: She was dazed and confused because.
Speaker 1: She was wondering, is this why this man has cheated on me throughout our entire relationship? Because in her mind, she's like, we don't have great sex. I think she and West have great sex, but her and Kyle.
Speaker 2: Not so much.
Speaker 3: Just saying.
Speaker 2: The other star of the show Kenny. Now, y'all know I love Kenny.
Speaker 1: So Kenny and Whitney, Okay, Lindsey can't take them. And before I get to the recap, let me tell you something. The stars of this show is Lindsey and Kenny. Kenny stands up to Lindsey like nobody else has and she can't take it, and that's why she uses Whitney's kindness and timidness to her advances. So let's be clear, Lindsay knows she can run circles around Whitney because Whitney is not that type of reality star that can go toe to toe. She's very meek and you know, admiled, whereas Kenny will stand up for his woman, and Lindsey is jealous because although she has minions, she doesn't have a manion, and a manion is a minion. Who's her man We'll get into that much later. Okay, So Andy asked Kenny. Was he offended that Lindsay said it was a big gesture for Whitney to move to New York without a ring, which I didn't know that was.
Speaker 2: Part of the script that when a.
Speaker 1: Man decides to have his woman move in with him out of the state, that he should give her a ring. Maybe that's what y'all straight people do, which is why the divorce rate is more than fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Y'all also worry about a ring.
Speaker 1: That can he move this lady to live with him, to see if he's able to say, Okay, you're somebody I can see being my wife. Why does he have to give her a ring so that she can hop on a Delta Airlines flight and come to New York again, is that a straight person thing? Like, I think that's crazy. No wonder y'all can't no shade straights. Y'all marriages more than fifty percent lands in divorce. That's all I'm gonna say. So the thing is, before Kenny can even answer Andy's question, Lindsay's minion step in like a bunch of chihuah wahs now.
Speaker 2: And even and is annoying. He's like before the minion's chime in, like, yes, Andrew gather.
Speaker 1: You know it's bad when Andrew Honey gathers the girls and shave them to their face. Okay, he said, bitch, can we get came in to answer first.
Speaker 2: Before y'all chime in. It was like, on cue, Lindsey, you got some power.
Speaker 1: Because the way those ladies chime in to defend you, it's given what Porsche has on Alanda Housewives.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's for a month in my life. We'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: Lindsey is the white Porsche baby because the she has those.
Speaker 1: Minions over in the city chiming for her.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Lindsay, I ain't mad.
Speaker 1: At you, says minions on payroll.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Whitney felt that.
Speaker 1: When Lindsey was asking the questions about the ring and everything, she just felt like Lindsey was insinuating something with those lineup questioning and Lindsey being a great reality start, and I'm gonna give her that. She revealed, well, I was trying to help you because you know, I don't know if you know this, but Kenny fucked around on her before she moved to New York City, and Whitney was like, Rody talked about that.
Speaker 4: And Kenny clarified that it happened when they weren't together, and it's like, oh, Lindsay thought she was dropping a bomb to hurt the relationship.
Speaker 1: And that's when it hit me, Oh, Lindsay, you are one jealous ass woman. You are jealous of Whitney because Whitney. I believe that Lindsay is jealous of Whitney because Whitney has a man who actually.
Speaker 2: Loves to take care.
Speaker 1: Of her, who loves her enough to move her through state lines to be with him.
Speaker 2: Lindsay is jealous of Whitney because Kenny.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mind paying for her yoga classes, he doesn't mind helping her with whatever she wants to do in her life. He doesn't mind paying thirty thousand dollars per closet. And what I saw in Lindsay's behavior throughout this whole reunion was you are extremely jealous of what Whitney has because you don't have that. You're jealous that Whitney, who was younger and prettier and just and has a good man, Savannah has a life where she can't wake up and choose what she wants to do, whether it's macha tea coffee, going to hot yoga, shopping, and that her man doesn't care about none of those things that he can afford that. And I think with Lindsey, who I adore and she's a great woman, I do believe that Lindsay wants a man like that.
Speaker 2: And when she looks at.
Speaker 1: Whitney, she's looking at a woman who has a life that she wants. And that's what this boils down to is the anger and the angst that Lindsay was. Whitney throughout this whole reunion painfully displayed that. Even when she tried to make that speech at the end, like I fight for women and what what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What? What? What is this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 1: Was Whitney out of line for the mom comment, sure, like the single mom comment.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: But one thing that Whitney did that I appreciate is she instantly apologized for it. But Lindsay would not even listen to her apology, nor were her minions. Lindsay minions were attacking Whitney after she apologized twice and said I was wrong for saying it. Well, what do you mean by it? And I cried for six months? Lindsey, you are a Karen. You cried for six months because Whitney said you had a nanny. You are the biggest gas lighter I have ever seen on Bravo to make that comment that you cried for six months, un to crop for six months because the man you had a baby with decided not to be with you.
Speaker 2: That didn't make you cry for six months. But Whitney.
Speaker 1: Making a comment about you needing a full time nanny, of all the things you've been through, you fight.
Speaker 2: For women and you're a tough woman, and the.
Speaker 1: Stuff you're going through with your mom and stuff that I feel bad for you for that didn't make.
Speaker 2: A crop for six months.
Speaker 1: But Whitney saying you having a nanny made you cry and you almost threw up, Lindsey, you were giving Karen vibes and that was dangerous. And Kenny, I'm telling you watch out for Lindsey.
Speaker 2: She's not to be trusted. She's not to be trusted.
Speaker 1: Like Whitney kept apologizing to her and again, because Whitney is meek and mild, Lindsey just wants to run over her. And I think Lindsey low key, baby, I think Lindsay wants Kenny to herself.
Speaker 2: Hoid your man, Whitney. Lindsay wants Kenny Doll like Lindsay wants Kenny.
Speaker 1: Kenny's handsome, He's he knows how to be in a long term relationship.
Speaker 2: He was in one for eleven years and another one for eighty years.
Speaker 1: My boy moved his chick from one state to the next, expensive ast New York City and said, what you want a thirty thousand dollars closet.
Speaker 2: Let's go when he wakes up like.
Speaker 3: I want matcha tea.
Speaker 2: And he said, baby, go donal sweet and get it. What else you need? Let me catch up your song. What you need, I'm gonna yoga.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, baby.
Speaker 1: All those ladies, the Minions, Lindsey and the Lambs, so Lindsay and the Lambs, they all want.
Speaker 2: Kenny or man like him. But I definitely think he wants Kenny after what I saw this episode the reunion.
Speaker 1: Yeah and Gavin listen, Gavin's jealous a Whitney, and I love Gavin.
Speaker 2: Gavin's great TV.
Speaker 1: But Gavin misses his homeboy, who was toxic, who was outside, who just wasn't together, because he was able to befriend that because Gavin doesn't have anybody, And there is something when you are very close to somebody, whether it's a female friendship or a male friendship or they friendship, right when two besties are able to relate on something, whether they're both single or once in a relationship that isn't great, that single friend can still say like let's go out, let's hang out, and because you're in a toxic relationship, you're like, let's go I think Gavin realizes that Whitney is going to be Kenny's future wife maybe, and he misses that because it shines a light on Gavin being single and not having a woman to himself, because at some point you have to grow up and dating and being outside is fun and is great and all those things.
Speaker 2: But it's hard when you call it your homeboy, like.
Speaker 1: Yo, you want to go out and he's like, I'm with my lady and Gavin's at the bar working. That doesn't feel so great. And I do believe that Gavin loves Whitney because Whitney's just a nice person. And I just hate the fact that they're taking advantage of Whitney being nice. And I hate the fact that everybody was polling on Kenny like he's a horrible person, which I think he's honest about out figuring shit out and he doesn't have all the answers. But like he said to Lindsey, how she collects apologies like she collects souls.
Speaker 2: And it's clear she does. Look at Georgina, she sucked the soul out of Georgina. Honey, no shade, she did.
Speaker 1: And Lindsay does want people who are blindly loyal to her.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening. And you guys are me and girls.
Speaker 1: Lindsey is Regina, George, Georgina is Lindsay Lohan's character.
Speaker 2: Was it, Katie? That's what it is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Whitney, watch your man child, cause Lindsay wants him and the same.
Speaker 2: Way Amanda well, Amanda did.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: Amanda Lindsay are friends and sometimes bursts of a.
Speaker 1: Feather flock together. All right, rain Drops, let me know the comments what you think. I think Lindsay wants Kenny Child, but you let me know.
Speaker 2: Tweet me threads me.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm on threads more often now. I love threads, So hit me on threads. Okay, all right, rain drops. Love you guys, and I'll see you on the next one.