Speaker 1: We got the Breakfast Club Envy and Charlamagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 2: Then I'm gona come here when this thing.
Speaker 1: See y'all different, y'all the coature, it's different, you know what I'm saying, Like y'all know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 3: This is probably become the most prominent form for hiprobably.
Speaker 4: Be here next to all of you guys.
Speaker 5: It's really put it.
Speaker 2: Put it in perspective to the Breakfast Club. Bitch, wake up.
Speaker 6: It's a new day. Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way up, whether you're mad or blessed. Time to get up and get some call up now. Eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who is hi?
Speaker 7: Breakfast Club? This is Jordan the Welder.
Speaker 6: What's up, Jeorge?
Speaker 7: How are y'all?
Speaker 6: I was watching you well some on Instagram last week.
Speaker 7: Really, it's my birthday today.
Speaker 6: Howdy, thank you.
Speaker 7: I wanted to get a shout out to my mom. It always makes me feel weird when people do nice things for me. But she paid my car up this month.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be paying you all that money you're making. All that money you making is a welding. You got your mommy paying your car notes. You ain't hurting for nothing out here in Jeordan.
Speaker 8: Not as good as a little something special for yourself today for your birthday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will. And you know what, I have a question for you all, Yes, ma'am, I yeah, I am. Told Austen that I look like Natari not and I don't see it. So I was just wanting people to go to my Instagram page. You tell me if they see it.
Speaker 6: I ain't never seen you without your welding mask on. Really really, sometimes I'm going.
Speaker 7: To post a picture, then I'm gonna post on. I think I'll have some they're like older post though, but my Instagram is a Jordan underscore, the underscore welder.
Speaker 6: Okay, I gotta check it out most of the time I see you. You got your welding mask on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Are you gonna check it out now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look right now. I told you I'll follow you. I literally just saw you last week. You was well done.
Speaker 7: Something you didn't like my post, Charlat made.
Speaker 6: I don't be like your post. I'm not a like her. I don't do stuff like that.
Speaker 7: You're not alike Okay, okay, I'm lying.
Speaker 6: I see you right now. You got your welding mask up.
Speaker 2: Does she look like okay?
Speaker 6: Does she look like Nory? I mean they look like they can be tried.
Speaker 7: You can go look at it to show dj MB all right, what.
Speaker 6: Is it to underscore the underscore?
Speaker 1: Welly to me, I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 10: No, not.
Speaker 6: You had given the tour.
Speaker 7: You look like Pasha from Power. I'm like, I don't see that.
Speaker 6: I don't see it.
Speaker 5: Na.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, thank you, d m B. I'll talk to you guys later.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: Get off your chest.
Speaker 12: I'm just gonna you want to find out about put your right?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 12: Why don't you?
Speaker 6: Ted? Last said last hilarious? My wife loves that last.
Speaker 12: You are not you a whole edification on it.
Speaker 6: Man, you be good.
Speaker 12: I just happened to stumble across it, and it gave me a new love for football, for the real football.
Speaker 6: Are they serious? My wife watches that show. I don't like that show.
Speaker 2: What's the show about?
Speaker 6: It's a comedy and it's a comedy, but at the same time.
Speaker 2: It gives you.
Speaker 12: It tells you more, like when you have you're like a novice about soccer. It gives you more. With the pitches. How they have training, how we call it practice.
Speaker 6: They call it training.
Speaker 12: How they we called it, they call it Bruce.
Speaker 9: It's just little.
Speaker 13: Nuanced things that you pick up on just watching the show. I just happened to stumble across it one night because I was born.
Speaker 12: I got hooked.
Speaker 8: It's funny you say that because I'm watching my son. He comes back to the call. He was like, yeah, he was like, yead, training was good today, and I'm like training.
Speaker 2: You have practice.
Speaker 13: He's like, no, that you you know what I'm saying because my son. My son went to college on the football scholarship, so I'm used to being you know, football is just a different dynamic. But that American football, or rather we would you get more pants and more invested in them. And Charlottage said they get bread.
Speaker 2: Bro paid, they get bread. They get bread.
Speaker 8: They get injured a lot too. They say they have a lot of CT problems with them. Head button, the ball and all that. Bro get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 8: If you need to vent hit us up now it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Ray right, Ray Yo, Charlotte, man, yazy?
Speaker 12: What up are we like?
Speaker 2: This is your time to get it off your chest? I got an indoor pool, po. We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 14: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 12: What up?
Speaker 15: Ted?
Speaker 6: You said?
Speaker 1: Ted?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Ted?
Speaker 12: Tad?
Speaker 2: Ted isn't teddy?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get it off your chest, Ted.
Speaker 16: I'm calling it man, Yes, out He'll make.
Speaker 1: That's why I say it ain't steal type if it's true, because I knew something was up. I was about ask you, what do you identify as? But I was gonna mind my business this morning.
Speaker 6: But you let the world know.
Speaker 16: No, Oh, definitely identify as a woman.
Speaker 6: He's your stud though.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm a dude in the rest ship.
Speaker 6: What's the fake faith?
Speaker 12: That would be something that you would call it.
Speaker 16: It's kind of like because we already out here anyway, they already said by.
Speaker 15: Being what we are.
Speaker 1: So you want people, you want the real studge of the world to just swear off. They can't have no penis whatsoever.
Speaker 12: No, no, nothing, man, just go be here.
Speaker 1: If you better off, Jesus, wouldn't that be prescytarian?
Speaker 6: No fish, y'all?
Speaker 3: Eat fish?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I wasn't eat some fish.
Speaker 14: But you know the human body ain't fish fish?
Speaker 6: Okay, he wasn't you know what?
Speaker 2: Never mind? I tell you have a good one.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeah that's right, y'all. Listen to tad Man. All y'all studs out there, stop faking the funk, all right?
Speaker 1: Leading penises alone? They as studs. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 12: Clip?
Speaker 2: Clip?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: I get it off your chest? Yeah?
Speaker 12: I went to the box m a few days ago. I don't know how I left.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody put you on your ass. You don't know how you left. Somebody knock you out.
Speaker 12: I don't know how I left the box. I don't know how I left.
Speaker 6: Hey, you don't play boxing, bro, Bro we got will he being here? WILLI did the What is it?
Speaker 12: Willie? What is it?
Speaker 2: Gold?
Speaker 6: You said, golden glove? Golden glove?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what's up. Yeah, but I don't know how I left though.
Speaker 2: Maybe you shouldn't go back then all. Maybe you should be boxing. How long you've been training?
Speaker 12: I've been I've been doing as spar as, Jim or that I've never really trained with it.
Speaker 2: There's your problem. See, that's the problem.
Speaker 8: People just want to jump in the go in the gym and just start sparring. There's more to that, right, you're right, Yeah, you got hit in the nose. I don't know what he got hit in it, but his phone ain't known no more.
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: We got a special guest in the buildings. Indeed, Jesus in What's happened?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: The new book Adversity for sale is out right now?
Speaker 8: Got to yes, yes, yes, Why did you decide to write a book as quiet as you all about your history, your past and everything you've been through. What you decide to write a book?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 17: Well, statute of limitations is up far as I know. I definitely ran everything through my lawyers. That was first and foremost. It was actually a lot of stuff I had to take out of the book because I just didn't want to put myself in some crazy posistionce.
Speaker 3: But before I even say that to me, shout out to my brother right here, to my right.
Speaker 17: Because this book was something I had been working on and I had one situation and it fell through and I called Charlemagne. I was like, bro, who published a book? How did you get it done? And he pointed me in the right direction.
Speaker 3: And thank you for that. Bro, I'm saying, he helped me get this done. So you know, just know Charllemagne had a lot to do with that.
Speaker 17: But right now, you know me envy man, Like, I've been through a lot and I started to get on this journey of like healing and that felt magical to me.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 17: It's like, I just want to share it because even when I was in the streets and I was talking about motivation, that's what I really wanted to do, motivate people. And now it's like I got all this information, all this new knowledge, all these new mentors, and I'm just getting all this data and it's just like I can't take it with me, so I want to just share it.
Speaker 3: And I feel like, you know, writing a song.
Speaker 17: Is it's cool because you know, we re pretty much anybody can make a record, but I don't think anybody can articulate their lives and put it in a book form and affect somebody else. And I know that I'm able to write, so this was like this was personal for me, you know, and the coach, and I'm hoping that somebody can get this book and really, you know, find their way.
Speaker 8: When did GEZ change and become the new and improve GZ? And unless oh, I can answer that just by reading the book, what did that happen? I mean, it happened a few times. The last time it happened is when I got locked up in La on that Whizky Leave It tour.
Speaker 17: It was just a reality check, you know what I'm saying, and almost was you know, they basically try to charge me with murder and my team murder and it's just like I ain't doing nothing wrong. So for me, that was one of the moments like no matter how successful you are, you know what I'm saying, they really still you know, and I just was like, man, I had to just switch it all up. And then a lot of things happened in the time that I was in jail that I thought some people was gonna look out for me, but they didn't, and that really crushed me because it was just like I always look out for everybody, bro, I'm always taking care of people, and I just kind of felt like, you just do it, you know, because you're a real one. And then when you started to figuring out, like now you might be the only real person in this situation. Now you're like, damn, I'm by myself, and I just had to, you know, make a change.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 17: I remember just calling home and talking to my daughter, my first daughter had just been born there, and they were just embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Man, the call. You know, You're supposed to be this big man, a superstar, and.
Speaker 17: You calling home collect well, you know, from jail, and your babies on the other line that could barely even talk, and she's where you at and you like, Daddy's gonna be home in a minute, Like it's like you know what I mean, It was like damn, like, bro, you better, you know.
Speaker 3: And so that was like the real time.
Speaker 17: But every time before that, you know, it was just always instances why I just knew that this wasn't gonna work out for me, right, So I had to figure out how to change without losing everything, you know what I'm saying. Because it got a little point even with the music, you know, and people say it all the time, I went to old music. But it's just like that was my whole life. Like I can't continue to give you something that I'm not doing. It's like me trying to give you some food in my house. I don't even eat, you know what I'm saying. And it's just like you get caught up in that and then if you're not careful, you'll get stuck in that mindset, right, and you will continue to do the same things. And that's why a lot of people didn't understand the verses. It's like, no, bro, I gotta I started this in my mind. I got to put it into this, Like I went to Nipsey Hustle's funeral, you feel, I'm saying, like I was there, I felt that pain, I felt that energy, and I'm like, I don't understand why nip is not here no more, you know what I'm saying. I don't know why it hit me so serious when Pop smoked die. You know, maybe because he was in my studio when I threw puff super Bowl party. I didn't even know who Pop was. He was with Meek and Fab and all these guys. It was in my studio house, we all party, and I was like, who's that?
Speaker 15: Like pop?
Speaker 17: I was like, okay, cool, the next time you hear about me dead, But like why he did all this work, you know, to become a superstar and to get out of Brooklyn and then you go dine in.
Speaker 3: The hills, you know.
Speaker 17: So so I'm just looking at this and I'm like, how can I be effective because I'm not trying to preach and tease to nobody.
Speaker 3: But it's just like, bro, on the other side of the bulls, it's a whole nother life, you know.
Speaker 17: It's like it's just like peace and happiness and family and real friends, right, you know what I'm saying. People you can call and say hey, you know, and Jan's my art by the way, man shoot the jam Like she's my art, bro, Like we're really friends, absolutely right, and she goes hard for me. She don't even she don't know my walk of life. But just imagine, you know, you feel your spirit right and it's a relationship. And that's what real friends are. They turn you on the other other people and you know, people help each other out. It had to try to bring you down. So that's that's what the book is really about to me. It's just it's about building and and being and understanding that like it ain't never too late to be better.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: One big transformation that's in the book, uh White, Right around the recession time when you decided to lose weight and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I got my sex.
Speaker 12: Some bomb.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 3: That was that was a good time. Which part are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You said you said you didn't like the way all of that. You didn't like the way you were living. You didn't weren't drinking no water.
Speaker 3: You weren't eating Crystal and waffle House and.
Speaker 6: Pounds.
Speaker 17: Yeah I did, and and the crazy thing was, well, what I really realized, like because that was around the recession, I wrote the recessing recession was the first time I liked doubt everything back and was just really focused on the music.
Speaker 3: I wasn't doing no party and nothing.
Speaker 17: I was just working out, reading, learning, And it was like when I went out there to do that tour, that was the first time I felt like a star. You fe what I'm saying because every time before that, up until that, I was going through you know, survivor's remorse.
Speaker 3: I was pressed.
Speaker 17: I was going through all these things. But now I'm shaking this off and I lost sixty pounds. Instead of it being all these gangsters in the front row, no I was ladies and they throwing brawls and I'm like, I ain't never going back saying so. And that was the first time I really embraced you know, who I was becoming. And also too, I started to notice like when I was healthier, I was just making better decisions in life, bro, because this is a thing like we all real, everybody come from where they come from, but you only get one shot, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like they said, you're born, you look like your dad. When you die, you look like your decisions.
Speaker 17: So at the end of the day, bro, just like I could have took a lot of right and left turns and did a lot of crazy things, but I was brave enough to start making decisions that I can actually live a life, you know what I'm saying, rather than to look like I was living a life, because that's what goes on coach. We all look like we living good, but all we really you know what I'm saying, Like all we happy? Are we at peace?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 17: We got real people around us, All those things weren't happening for me. I was basically like getting up every day playing this role, you know what I'm saying, and in it, but hoping I stay alive or free, you know what I'm saying. So imagine that you know you have the world in your hands, and it's just like you know, it's not really in your hands, bro, Like you know you can wake up tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You're all gone.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more with Jeez when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Mourning everybody yourj NV Charlamagne, the gud we are to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Jeezy Charlamagne.
Speaker 6: What is fifty years of hip hop mean to Jeezy?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so young, it's so young, but yet so powerful.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 3: Like when I look around, I see my peers. Man, I'm just proud, bro, Like, I'm just proud to.
Speaker 17: See like the traumas and all these guys just being so successful and changing lives, making companies and holding down platforms.
Speaker 3: And it's only fifty years old. You know, think about that.
Speaker 17: You see it, and you know, I don't know what hip hop makes all the way around, I mean even for yourself, cart shows and you know, and the stuff you do, Like I don't know what makes If we all, you know, just the billions, then it makes.
Speaker 3: But it's fifty years old.
Speaker 17: Just imagine seeing a fifty year old person that's worth you know, you know, two three hundred billion dollars because he affects everything. So just look at hip hop as a person. It's like we've all been able to eat off of it, right, and we're all being able to learn, right. And I tell people all the time like I learned from Tupac, which is why my music was always serious to me, Like why I never just wrote it for money, Like I didn't write the book for money. We could take the book off the table and I'll still be here because this is my purpose. But hip hop gave me a purpose. Hip Hop gave me a voice, hip hop gave me a platform. Hip Hop saved my life, right, you know what I'm saying, because I could have been out of here and God willing, you know who never thought what I would be doing music in real life. I love reading books like Yo because you get to see how how a whole city grew and evolved, right, Atlanta. I didn't realize Shorty Red had that much influence over your yes, you know.
Speaker 6: Whole career.
Speaker 1: I mean, we knew he was one of your goal tos when it came to production. But I'm talking about just as far as everything.
Speaker 17: Yeah, no, for what it's worth. You know, I feel Shorty, you know what I'm saying, Like I feel what he's going through. Way he's at way, I've been there. You know, we just got to all just climb out of there. But as far as like showing me the ropes, allowing me to be around so I can understand what to do musically, that was all me just hanging around him. And then when we created a sound, that was me and him sitting in his basement. You know, Shorty believed in me. Then, you know what I'm saying. And again, like a lot of things happened, like fame happened, success happened, and you know, I just ran with the wind, right, So maybe we didn't have the conversations of how that was gonna work out if I was to succeed.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you feel like you left out of the book. I mean, you didn't even get into your new life being a husband.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, well I felt, you know, and people asked me that, and you know how you know how you want so everybody every room in your house except your bedroom with the lagaship one thing, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, that's my that's my sacred place. Like I don't want nobody.
Speaker 17: I don't want all these things that I've went through to even you know, connect with that because I feel like, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want that energy in my new life.
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm.
Speaker 17: Writing something to stop that chapter. And if you peak while I stop the chapter, and if you watch how I live my life, and people like, why did you stop on verses, I said, because that's when I made a decision. That that was the decision evolve or died. So bam, stop her there, and I'm going to evolve. Y'all deal with that. That's that's on y'all to figure. I got to never do another record of my life. You know, to a lot of people, Versus was just music, but it was so much behind that culture and and and one of us had to make a decision because if it would have went the way everybody wanted to go or thought it was gonna go, then we would be in the same place, and there's not any place safe place for somebody to say, hey, bro, I don't really get along with what you're talking about, but we gotta figure this out.
Speaker 3: Which is the conflict resolute right, because.
Speaker 17: When I look at young Thug and Luci Herma heart bro, and my thing is when I see these these guys sitting in jail and prison and all their people was out here starving and the people they was taking care of and uh employing and all that, it's a rap. But for what you know what I'm saying, because we can't sit down. So that's what Versus was about to me, and I'm gonna keep it in a thousand. I ain't need to do no versus, you know what I'm saying. But for the culture, I oh, I owed him that I'm the when it was telling them to go out here and do what they had to do. So how I'm gonna go make another move and do what I gotta do. And I tell y'all, hey, look, bro, I'm gonna make this decision for all of us, and it might be unfavorable, everybody might not get it, but you will before it's over.
Speaker 1: And I love how you broke down where you were at in that moment when the truth played, Yeah, it was like you was like stay scrapped.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it was it was there.
Speaker 6: It was right.
Speaker 3: Jase was cued up, he is ready to go. He could he could have set it off.
Speaker 17: In my mind, I just said what I had to say because it didn't affect me, then it's not gonna affect me now. And we already done been through about fifteen years of this, So I'm moving on, bro, you know. And that's that's in front of the world, right in front of everybody that respects me and might not respect me tomorrow, but.
Speaker 3: They ain't got to do with my kids, my life, my my legacy, none of that.
Speaker 17: And that's why I stopped the book there, because I'm going on to live my new life.
Speaker 3: And if y'all want Jeezy, he back there now.
Speaker 17: If you want jay Jeez Jenkins, he's at the Breakfast Club Feels for sale right now.
Speaker 2: That's right. This book is out right now. Make sure you go pick it up, ladies and gentlemen. Jesus, we appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Saved y'all brother, and you read your book through you're at the audio version.
Speaker 17: Yes, I read the audio burs and the book is out right now. You can get it anywhere books or so that's Audible, that's Amazon and every bookstore in your neighborhood, Barns and Nobles.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. It's Jeszy, my.
Speaker 6: Gods, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 8: Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now dinner with new Magnum Raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold. Everybody's DJ MV charlamagnea gud. We are to Breakfast Club. We got our guests, our special guest co hosts. Don't call me white girl. Here with us this morning books big.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 8: This comes from Young Miami. She was posting about her dad and people were trying to holler her dad.
Speaker 9: So she came back and said this, I'll stop inquiring it about my dad because then after that to because the y'all house out in like doing on it and I don't got time to be doing on edge o host, so she just leave my daddy alone. Y'all are like oh to me anyway, aimen like just sneak my dady alone because economy saying yeah, it's all because And I'm like, put got my daddy doing all at the real like you know, So mama is an August Bergo and my daddy used to September burgog in two different burgos. But that age that she's so funny because it's like y'all playing cards, you keep getting up dancing.
Speaker 2: Why they thought it was his party? He was so happy.
Speaker 8: So now we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one. Uh has your your parents smashed your friend?
Speaker 2: That is the question.
Speaker 6: And from trying to.
Speaker 2: Know from the phone lines, it's a lot of them happening.
Speaker 1: Well do what I say, don't call me white girl had her own experience too, so I thought she was the only one.
Speaker 14: But no, I'm not only one with a creep dad.
Speaker 18: Damn, some people got creep moms.
Speaker 2: I loose this, Daisha, Now, what what's up with your pops?
Speaker 7: He he used to date one of my friends and smashed her and got a baby.
Speaker 6: By damn, how old? What's the age gap here?
Speaker 16: It's a good about thirty years.
Speaker 6: God damn did he did it when she was legal.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yep, badly though.
Speaker 11: Other building from me.
Speaker 12: See what she stayed in the other building from me.
Speaker 16: He used to go over there and smash her.
Speaker 19: Damn.
Speaker 2: How many friends did he smash? Just the one, just the one, the one that I know of.
Speaker 18: But you know, well, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: That Jesus Christ. Okay, thank you, mama.
Speaker 6: That's very creepy, yo.
Speaker 1: If you are daddy and you smashing like one of your sisters, I mean when your daughter's friends.
Speaker 6: I mean, you probably watched that little girl grow up. Maybe I'm just saying, maybe.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: No one getting I'm getting miss Now, what happened your mom or your dad smashed one of your friends?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: My dad?
Speaker 12: He said, well my college roommate.
Speaker 2: Your dad smashed your college roommate.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but he's like.
Speaker 16: All the girl that's there saying, he's to all my friends, gonna try to play and they don't really buy it.
Speaker 12: But you don't get the picture. But he definitely got to my college roommate.
Speaker 2: How old is you?
Speaker 6: How old is your dad when it happened?
Speaker 11: Uh, thirty eight forty?
Speaker 6: How old is you?
Speaker 18: We were eighteen?
Speaker 6: God Damn Jesus.
Speaker 18: I am so shocked that y'all don't know this is common.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying it's not common, but God, I mean, I mean the age gap.
Speaker 1: Don't he was a problem because it's Diddy and young Miami, right, But my point is like, why would you?
Speaker 6: I guess that's different if she's in college because he didn't watch your girl up.
Speaker 18: But still she's eighteen, but you want eighteen y'old?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? Can you hear me?
Speaker 8: This is Kayler, Hey, Cayler, We can hear you now. Now we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five to one? Has your parents smashed your friends? Yes?
Speaker 16: He has been trying to do this since I was eighteen, but I was just surpri eighteen and he actually got to this specific friend and they probably still do it to this day.
Speaker 6: How old is your daddy?
Speaker 16: He is right now, the d eight.
Speaker 6: So how old is he when he was smashing your friends?
Speaker 11: We were both eighteen?
Speaker 6: How old is he?
Speaker 3: She don't know.
Speaker 2: His forties and it was forty.
Speaker 6: You're going to call somebody? Man, who do we call?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: Goes this? We got to call somebody. This can't be leaveth.
Speaker 16: He knows that he he's just weird like that. But I didn't care. I'm like, oh, whatever, you want.
Speaker 9: To go do that? Go do that?
Speaker 2: Did you set him up? Did you hook it up?
Speaker 16: They met, he came over.
Speaker 2: You hooked it up in your ass, set me up, and you set him up. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 16: I didn't set him up. I just let them have their conversation. She told me that she got his number, and my dad kept asked me question about her.
Speaker 14: I'm like, oh, well, this, you.
Speaker 1: Do this and this, and that you have your friend about your daddy, Like what if your friends tried to tell your daddy packet?
Speaker 16: I told her don't tell me about it. And I told him that too.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, this ain't right, man, Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 2: Is there more to the story?
Speaker 6: More the stories?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: I don't even want to call these people nasty, but there's some like there's there's some sick stuff going on, bro, Because you gotta have you a daddy like you gotta be watching some of these kids like that last call, like you red shirt.
Speaker 6: And them churned.
Speaker 2: All right, kiss the breakfast, Sluggle morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: I stay with web wipes, Jesus Christ. I stayed with web wipes and hand sanitizer, like I'm a mom, so you have to have that, like because because your kids want to anytime. I unexpected so and also me like.
Speaker 6: It might not be the food though, Cardi, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Maybe it could be number three.
Speaker 5: They're definitely the number three now number three after if after I go on tour, I definitely want to have a baby, like have another one. Yeah, I want to have another one.
Speaker 2: How many kids do you want?
Speaker 5: Like at least four?
Speaker 15: Four?
Speaker 6: What do you think it will come out?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 6: Your second album?
Speaker 2: Start Esus Christ, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: My second album is gonna come out.
Speaker 15: I have to I have to.
Speaker 3: I have to question.
Speaker 2: When is the question? When people want this?
Speaker 5: Year? Next year, next year, next early next year we.
Speaker 2: Can graduate calling on her single, she got a single that's out today.
Speaker 6: Feat it is Bungos.
Speaker 5: Well, always the beat, you know what I'm saying. Like at first, it's always like you hear the beat and it's like, oh I like this be like I really like this beat. It's funk, but it kind of reminds me of them Bow. It reminds me of them bow. But it's really funk, like technically is funk. So you know them, you know, I'll find.
Speaker 6: I'll take you with.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 5: You be outside, you'll be outside.
Speaker 6: You don't be outside, you don't be outside.
Speaker 5: I gotta take you outside.
Speaker 6: That's the style of music.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the style of music. It's a Dominican style of music. But like, technically really is funk. So but I just I just loved I just love to beat. I start working on the song, but there's like a lot of empty spaces. There's a lot of empty space, says I tried to feel the empty spaces, like you know, like just me rapping and rapping and rapping and rapping, and they just felt like a long ass song, like they just needed dynamic. So me and my team, like my team wanted to go like more like Latin artists. And I was like, I hear Megan. I hear Megan. I hear Megan on it. They're like, really, you don't see it, like you see this like like more Latin. I'm like, no, I see Megan. And then like exactly what I was like hearing in my head, I sent her the song exactly what I was envisioning in my head, Like when she like when she I got her like verse back, it was like, you see, this is what I was envisioning, and it just makes you.
Speaker 6: Scared the team of a Megan again because W was such a massive record.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, of course, of course, Like that's why I haven't like I definitely, but I feel like this was like good and like when she sent the her verse, I was like, oh, I feel like this is a super like I feel like this is a good like come tender us.
Speaker 8: You feel like too much pressure everybody asking you to do your second album. You put out these these verses and you killing these verses. You light these verses up, but everybody's keep saying, I love it, but where's the album?
Speaker 12: I love it?
Speaker 2: But the album put much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 5: Oh I do put a lot of pressure on myself, Like I really really do. Like let me tell you something, like I just feel like I don't like nothing I hear. I feel like I listen like forty beats.
Speaker 18: Is it because everything sound the same?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because everything sounds the same or every like it's like sometimes everything sounds the same and then like when it's too different, it's like that's too different for me, Like that is just too different. So I don't know what I be looking for. What I be looking for, I don't know what it is. But like once like I something catch my eye and I really like my eyes, my.
Speaker 8: Sound, my ears right, but even like I like it like that they said you didn't love it, love it and that became one of the biggest record general record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I do take risks. Like I do take risks. I don't know, it's just like a lot of pressure on them. But I feel I feel confident. I have a lot of songs. Y'all could come back anytime I could hear something because and that's another thing too, like I'm gonna leave r I feel like I need like everybody's like opinion, like what'd you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 6: What you think?
Speaker 5: And that kind of be driving me crazy too, but like I don't know why I've been needing it.
Speaker 18: Though you're fun?
Speaker 6: Is it still fun when I find.
Speaker 5: Like something that I like, When it's something that I like, is fun. But then but then sometimes even when I like something and like people don't like it, it doesn't become fun. Like it's like, damn, I was really vibing with this, and it's like y'all like it now now it's not fun. Now I'm mad.
Speaker 18: So but people don't like every It's like they're gonna find something wrong with whatever.
Speaker 20: So it don't matter. But I just gotta make sense to you. Let me ask you, this is it pressure because it's so many more women now like dropping here and all the time. Like, but is that pressure it being so many women in rap?
Speaker 18: No, not really.
Speaker 5: I'm so used to like working with like a lot of women, Like I never like being like in the environment. That's like, yeah, I'm kind of like the only ones. So and now I always knew this. I always knew this. I always knew that after me, there was gonna be more girls. Yeah, I know it was gonna. I wasn't gonna I know it wasn't gonna like just end with me, because it's like if I made it, I know there's gonna be more. But that's gonna make it. And like the Internet and everything, like it's like this this I already already. I already saw this, Like I saw this like back in like I don't know, like the seventeen I saw.
Speaker 12: This, but you do.
Speaker 8: But you're also doing something that a lot of people didn't do when you were coming up. You'll find the hot new person or a young artist, and you'll give them the opportunity and give them a verse, which a lot of people didn't do.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna add.
Speaker 1: Something that Jay and Drake did great. Yeah, I think I say Cardy did that for female.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, And I was gonna ask does the competition fuel you? And it could be friendly competition. I mean every time you get on the verse, so you get on the record with somebody, is that the way you think, like, oh, I gotta eat her?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? Oh God, damn, I don't.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really feel like I gotta eat I don't really like feel like I gotta like eat like all right, like for example, right like it's like if I have a song, right and then like you send me your verse and like you wrapping your ass off. I'm still not changing myth. I'm not changing it because I feel like they're like this, this is what I'm going for. This is what I'm thinking. However, I don't want to like also never like ruin. Nobody else likes song or anything.
Speaker 2: But people do it all the time we've heard.
Speaker 8: You know, I think nah said he changed the verse when he got a verse back, and you hear it all the time, so you never said, Nah, I got it?
Speaker 2: Which one you're playing with?
Speaker 6: You like, who's been your favorite female rapper to collaborate with.
Speaker 5: I really like them all, I really, I really, I really like them all. And every song that I like, I got like on like I got on it because I just really really really really liked that song. Like I love the song and it's like I feel like I could hear myself on it. There's a lot of there's a lot of songs, like I get songs sent to me all the time, but I feel like it's like some songs, I just feel like I feel like I can't do nothing for the song. Like it's like I don't feel like I could do like a verse that like I'm like confident in so it's just like and I just be like no, and it's like I feel like the song is great, So I don't even want to like yeah, like you just say drill intent style, what's that?
Speaker 18: And now what's that one song?
Speaker 5: And I told you, oh my god, that song is so crazy. I heard, Yeah, that song is so crazy. I was like, and that's my that's my style, that's my temple, because some temples like I just cannot keep up, like like it's like you know that when I first heard Munch and Everything, Yeah, I love the song. I love to Be and Everything, and then I was I was gonna. I was like, you know, like doing the remix right, yeah, I did a verse, but it's like I feel like I felt like I was fighting the beat, like I can't up like the be just the Reaches was saying. I was like, listen, I don't want to a song much like I got it, I get it, I get it, but like I was wind milling, and it's like if I can't keep up with something like it's like I'm not gonna play myself and I don't want to like ruin it, like you know, like when somebody get on the song and it's like you read the song out.
Speaker 6: Here now, I like tomorrow tomorrow, Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: You love Florida. She remind me of my best friend, like.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I love her, I love her.
Speaker 2: We got more with Cardi B. When we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning morning, everybody, it's j n V. Charlamagne to God Jess hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. Were still kicking it with Cardi B Charlamagne. Do you think that the label makes you do records that you may not necessarily want to do.
Speaker 5: Nobody can make me do. People could give me recommendations and everything, but it's like nobody can make me like do anything. I will try something, like I would try something. And when I say like I would try something, it's like when they want me to like to like, you know, be a little bit more like you know, like more feminine or more like I don't know, like mainstream type of stuff because like that's just not really be my vibe like that, but like nobody can maybe do.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask you, you know you mentioned when you're working in the strip club, do people look at you as the old Cardi all the time because you got so many friends and you were so many people before the huge rap success. Sometimes you got to check somebody and be like, look, I'm not that old from back then.
Speaker 2: I'm not that same.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like like like the people that know me know that I haven't really changed. Like I feel like I could call my friends right now, They're like, girl bye. I feel like I haven't like really changed like that way, but I feel like to the world. I feel like to the world, like I wonder if people have seen that change. I feel like I changed. I'm like more like chill now, like I could like back then, I could be all day, coming everybody out. But it's like I just have like back the way more and I got kids, and I'm thirty, Like yeah, I'm thirty, Like by five o'clock, I need a little nat.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I say that it looks like you love.
Speaker 8: It's like, you know, you see so many people with their kids, right, but you are like a mom's mom, right because like.
Speaker 5: It's like you just have to you listen. You could have a village in your house, right, like because I have all the Dominicans in my house. I got I got them all. But it's like your kids be wanting you. They want you. They don't want they don't want your aunt to take them to school. They don't want nothing. They want mom and dad to take them to school. They want like they want to chill with mom and dad. They want to play with mom and dad. So it's just like you have to do it yourself, and then like like you would just have to do it, like you gotta like get you to a rhythm. Like it's like my family, a lot of them live with me, but they love to be outside. So when they do vacation and everything, and it's like I'm by myself with the kids that it's like damn, I don't really know like what they're gonna want to eat and everything. So I gotta I gotta get used to that. And I really just naturally like it, Like I like this. If I could just do this all forever, I wur but I.
Speaker 18: Got a better work.
Speaker 6: You think that's the biggest change that has happened in your life over the last five years? The kids? Oh yeah, okay, this motherhood period.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cause it's like I be feeling like like I got a lot to lose before, like I'm diving in. I lose it all.
Speaker 18: I lose it all.
Speaker 5: But I'm gonna curse you out.
Speaker 9: How is it?
Speaker 8: How is it being a boss with everybody? But then when your kids they boss you around. I've seen some video and your kids was talking you crazy. There's nothing you can do when your kids talk you crazy. You just gotta take it.
Speaker 5: I know you, ma'am.
Speaker 18: You believe in popping the kids. Know you believe in discipline for kids.
Speaker 5: Like though like like you know what I'm saying, but like not like gentle parenting. Sometimes gentle parenting. I mean, I mean it dependents because I feel like like I feel like I'm a gentle parent, but then there's that you know, the helmet is gentle parent and they're like they overboard, Like I just believe that, like you don't have to be like abusive or anything, but it's like you gotta like be asserted because like like not everybody kid is like everybody kid like like my son bad, I got proved he bad.
Speaker 4: I got bad.
Speaker 6: He just turned to yeah, you don't know no better what.
Speaker 5: I show all even to be like damn all my kids.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I knew it too.
Speaker 5: That's why I was scared to have boys, because I was like, I knew it too.
Speaker 2: It could be terrible too though he was one too.
Speaker 5: How are you bad at one?
Speaker 6: So what do you do to discipline? I'm like, what are you afraid of?
Speaker 5: He's not afraid of nothing?
Speaker 6: From or are tablet nothing?
Speaker 5: No, you don't care about nothing like even if you take it. It's like I message today, then.
Speaker 6: Why why do you let the comments get through you so much? Body? Just on social media and just like everything.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Because it's like you're not talking. That's the thing that matter, is that, because it's like why are you talking though? And what are you Why are you talking? Why are you talking? Like it's like when I was like like a score and everything, like I used to cut ass like I used to I used to no, no, no, Like I used to like really rose ROAs like like like it's like it's not even like roasting. It was like I could go to with like dudes and stuff like it was just thin. So it's like me, like I'm the type of person that is like I could like take one look at you and it's like I I got like ten jokes line up. So it's just like when people mess with me, it's like, yo, I could really really mess with you. Want to mess my day up? I will mess your whole three weeks up, I will, I will, I will staying better than head. So it's just like but it's like the fact that I have to restrain myself. I frustrating it.
Speaker 1: Frus so when you put out projects, right when you put out music, do you go through the comments to see what people are saying? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because sometimes you gotta also know what people like.
Speaker 1: They're never gonna give you a real critique though, because they just mad that you body and you super successful.
Speaker 6: How many people going to really be like direct? How many people going to really give it up on social media?
Speaker 5: You know what I be feeling. I be feeling like a lot of people hate to admit do they like me? Like a lot of people are afraid to say that they like me because when people say that they like me, they get attacked. They be getting attacked when they say that they like me or they like they take my side or anything. So I have to accept that they're like people like like me. And there's even people that, like I've seen common nasty about me, and like some of my friends have pressed them about them, like like when they say, like, why why you be going so hard on my girl? And it's like, I don't know, I really do like it though, like like like I just feel like that and it's like.
Speaker 6: I hate that.
Speaker 18: Why do you have to go that route for it?
Speaker 14: Really?
Speaker 5: Like matter of fact'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you an example. Right, there's a bit right. I don't even know her, but one of my friends know her, and it's like, Yo, why this girl got so much issues with you? And I'm like, I don't even I don't even know this girl. We're not even from the same city. She got so much to say about me, but she always copying my birthday.
Speaker 6: Looks she got money to do that. It must be somebody we know.
Speaker 5: I mean, she does the shame virgin.
Speaker 6: But it's like, I don't like me if it hated.
Speaker 1: A confusing myers. I just don't want that to affect the affect you in your art, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Your mental I feel like I'm already like getting over that hurdle like as loon as people don't mean like it's okay, but I do notice, sue because I saw like I've seen people admitting. I seen I've seen throws admit that they like to throw people into suicide. There was a I see I seen it on Twitter, Like my fans know which one I'm what I'm talking about. Like I've seen shows admit that, Like like it's like yeah, we're gonna get that until she want to kill herself. They really do that, So it's now doing don get that power over me. You're gonna have to die first. You die first.
Speaker 6: Home She's I'm miserable. You got to think like that, But there's a lot of miserable people out there. Oh that mercy. Now do you regret throwing that microphone at that young It was really like a quick reaction.
Speaker 5: It was really and let me tell you, I didn't want to address it because I thought I was going with jail.
Speaker 21: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I didn't really not because people was making their own let me tell you something, right, it was haigh in a month. So there was a part of the show that I told people like, you don't splash me. But even when I told splash me, levers I may be careful with the face of the faces be so four songs after nobody has splashed me, I told y'all to splash me for one oh second. Four songs after which is like, I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes after, there's water and ice on my face. So like it, I just automatically reacted. I didn't even know that I was throwing that at I just threw this because it's like doing me right in my face and and and when I look at the video, it's like, nah, you were't you intended to throw that in my face because you ain't did it like this? You do it and the ice and everybody's like, no if you you throw some icinger face and you're gonna tell me how you feel, because I felt very violated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you forget you? I told people to splash you.
Speaker 4: No, but it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 5: It was in a segment, though it was in one segment, like girl, you did that like twenty minutes later and only that you threw me.
Speaker 20: If if it wasn't ice in it, it would have went different.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 5: It wouldn't probably wouldn't even be different because you splashed me in my face, like you know what you was doing. Ten people splashed me at the same time and nothing hit my face, but you you you hit my face directly. No, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Everybody.
Speaker 5: No, you was shoying to be funny. But I'm hilarryous.
Speaker 8: Though movie got more with Cardi b is the Breakfast Club, Good Morning what Everybody's dj NV Charlamagne to God, Yes, hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with Cardi b. Well, first of all, how was married?
Speaker 5: Married?
Speaker 2: Is it difficult?
Speaker 8: Because you know, he's a celebrity and you're a celebrity, and it's like when he defends you, it's bigger because he is a celebrity. So if somebody says something and he defends you, it's bigger because it's it's set, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Does that bother you? Does that take a toll on your marriage relationship?
Speaker 5: You know what takes a toll on me? What takes a toll on me? A lot of people don't like me. So when people attack him because he's like attached to me, I don't like that. I guess it's like, well, other than that, like I love being married and like we are a partnership, like you know, y is like to be married and every course, it's just like it feels different, like it just it feels different than like a relationship. It just really feels like a union. It's just like I got your back, you got my back no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, feel like you shared too much of social media.
Speaker 5: It was just one time.
Speaker 6: It was just it was crazy that was great.
Speaker 5: It was just one time because was gone, we was drunk, poppished. You you you wanna do that?
Speaker 12: Do that?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm gonna do it. You really now you're stupid. Now I'm really bollied you.
Speaker 6: So he said that to tell people you for somebody cheating on me and.
Speaker 8: Then you then you explained it. Cardi goes, how could I cheat? I can never go anywhere with anybody, y'all explain it. The next day, y'all in parents holding hands at a fashion I'm like, like, this is the Bronx.
Speaker 2: This is the Bronx.
Speaker 5: Love we ghetto, We really really ghetto. I ain't gonna front like everybody used to be like we been trying to be perfect. I ain't gonna front like we ghetto.
Speaker 6: You always want to be married young?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, I always wanted. I always want to be married. I always want to be married. I always felt like everybody everybody want like the marriage and the kids and everything. I just really good believe I got it.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a number for Cardy. If Cardi get a certain amount of money, she walking away from all this.
Speaker 5: No music okay, no, no, Like I feel like music is just like the engine, Like I just love it. Like I feel like I enjoyed though, like doing music, like I enjoy performing for real, Like I love to like a like I just love to be out there, like I get like a rush. But it's and it's like you can't perform if you don't really have music, So I have to always do music. I love doing music. It's just sometimes it's just like this feels like a job now. So it's just like and so much pressure just drive you crazy. I just want to I want to be in that state where I was, like in twenty sixty to eighteen, where it was just like.
Speaker 1: Ah, exciteming, what made you walk away from that movie that you were supposed to starting the.
Speaker 5: Music the album? This, yeah, like doing like movies and everything. It's really like a ten am to like one am yep, oh my god. So it's like it's really like a job, like a job, job, job, like like like when I do music, and like when I perform, like it's like a rush, like it's like a fun rush. Like this is really like it's intense.
Speaker 20: Wait that's what they say it when the film come out and you see you know, you see yourself there like it is, you know, like I was like, you know, taking acting lessons and everything, like it's like I have one struggle.
Speaker 5: It was to cry. My teacher was like like my teacher was like, think of the time like that you went through this, this and that. I'm like, I don't feel nothing.
Speaker 6: When's the last time you cried?
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 5: I mean I've been crying, you know what I'm saying. I'll be crying. But it's just like like on the spot, on the spot, like it's like like on the like I'm gonna laugh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not gonna do it. You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 5: I am gonna do it as soon as soon as I go touring and everything and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Get to it four years from now.
Speaker 5: No, No, I saw the guy is not gonna be four years.
Speaker 6: It's been five since.
Speaker 5: I have no choice. I have no choice.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 6: I don't think you should rush to put out another album.
Speaker 18: Did you have the name for the album yet?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 18: Kind of sort of yeah, kind of sort of.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like I don't know if I like it too much?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: Tell us?
Speaker 5: I can't I can't tell you because.
Speaker 18: If I throw it out there. Oh no, you can't. You can't just throw it out there. Let me see if we like it. Throw it out.
Speaker 6: We'll beleeve it, We'll believe it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't say I don't believe I'm called. You know, I was gonna ask.
Speaker 8: You know, we've seen Offset in Quavo come back together on bet beautiful moment before that.
Speaker 2: We've seen the video of them arguing. You was in the middle saying your brothers, your brothers, I need to stop.
Speaker 8: How how difficult was that in the household trying to get them to understand that they're brothers.
Speaker 6: How difficult that was that for your household.
Speaker 9: And for you?
Speaker 5: I just I just really like to stay away from like you know what I'm saying, Like, especially when like you have like like really really long history not just music. Is like y'all y'all know each other like your whole life. So it's just like I always just like to like step back. I always want like unity always, always, always all the time. So I just didn't I ain't really wanted to see that. I'm really like a Migos fan, Like I'm really a Migos fan. I'm like a fan of them for real, you know, like when people like like people inspire you. But like in twenty seventeen, when I started like you know around we're Offset and everything, they really like inspire me more because there was like things that I've never seen, like I felt like I was like like when I was like in twenty seventeen, I just felt like, it's like damn, a lot of people have turned me down. They abels have like shut my shirt down. But it's like it's cool. Like the music that I'm doing is I'm doing alright, I'm getting paid twenty thousand dollars to perform, like I'm doing this. When I started dating Offset, and I see that they're like performing in arenas and I'm seeing that they getting hundreds of thousand dollars and they buying jewelry every day, and it's like, no, I was trying like to be like in a good space. That's not even. So they like inspire me, and like a lot of they swag like inspire me too. So I'm just like a fan of of all of it. So I always feel like as a woman, you need to stay out of like man business all the time. I just stay away from it.
Speaker 6: You didn't stay out of it that night though practically I did. You were telling them yea, yeah, well they actually tussling. It was just like some words.
Speaker 5: It was just.
Speaker 1: How did you help offset through the grieving process? Are you still helping them do it?
Speaker 18: It's hard?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can understand. Yea, I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: I totally get it. What's next for miss body everything?
Speaker 5: I'm back, I'm.
Speaker 18: Back to work.
Speaker 1: We don't believe you have so many big records that hit number one and we thought this album was coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but oh my gosh, like we went through like a whole pandemic. Like, give me a break.
Speaker 6: You drop the number one record pandemic easily.
Speaker 2: And you have time.
Speaker 5: I really didn't want to jump an album around the pandemic because I really wanted to tour right after. I wasn't able to tour right after my first album, like I could even do a lot of music videos because I was like pregnant and everything. Like I want to like drop my album and be able to go touring right away.
Speaker 18: So that was that.
Speaker 5: Then I had a baby. Then I just like was just going through like you know, I was just yeah, chilling. But now it's just like I'm back.
Speaker 6: Outsnad and you got an album driving next year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What quarter? Body?
Speaker 18: What quarter?
Speaker 5: I'm looking for the first quarter?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 18: Spring summer?
Speaker 6: You don't have to drop a second album album.
Speaker 10: But I have I have it.
Speaker 18: I have it, I have it.
Speaker 6: I believe she got a song. I believe you got a bunch of songs.
Speaker 5: No, but I have it. Though I have it. You have that, Yeah, I have I have my vision and everything.
Speaker 6: You know what you wanted.
Speaker 5: I know what I want everything.
Speaker 18: Okay, CARDI your fair. We're not getting a line. Your fashion is crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give it. I'm give a little size side.
Speaker 2: You got a line in one time, right, You're the line with it was it was.
Speaker 6: Oh here come God damn I heard it too, No you didn't. They could be calling you forty farty y'all ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Can we get into the record a game one more time to leave.
Speaker 6: Repect that you said it for a whole hour and had to respect that.
Speaker 2: Where's that, y'all, gentlemen? Cannie b the record.
Speaker 8: Let's get in the bongos right now, the feature of making a stallion.
Speaker 2: And we love you body, I love you, I love you.
Speaker 6: Man, somebody find body. It's the Breakfast Club. It's call me the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 8: Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, Someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, Then live large and now thinner with new Magnum raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold as America.
Speaker 7: There is no question that there are problems in this country between police and community.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man, now the new developments in the deadly spawshooting rampage man.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was a really bad day for.
Speaker 4: Him and this is what he did, and so we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 2: But I'm also very proud that my wife was white.
Speaker 6: The club bitch.
Speaker 5: Sorry, fy, please tell me Why was I your donkey of the day.
Speaker 6: Yes, don't you? To day goes to Scott Adams. Do y'all know who Scott Adams is?
Speaker 2: No, H'm familiar.
Speaker 1: Well, he's the creator of the syndicated comic script Dilbert. Do y'all know Dilbert?
Speaker 6: Yes, I remember Delbert.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the Washington Post, LA Times, a bunch of newspapers around the country carried deal.
Speaker 6: Well they did.
Speaker 1: They don't anymore because Scott Adams, for whatever, even decided to post a video online urging white people to get the hell away from black people.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm not making any of this up. Let's go to CBS News or report pleae.
Speaker 19: Newspapers across the country have pulled the long running Dilbert comic strip after a racist rant from cartoonist Scott Adams. In a video posted to YouTube this week, Adams called black Americans members of a quote hate group, saying white people should stay away from them. Adams has written Dilbert for three decades.
Speaker 6: Would you like to hit a racist rant? Yeah, yeah, we'll listen to it.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 10: This is the first political poll that ever changed my activities. I don't know that that's ever happened before, but as of today, I'm going to re identify as white because I don't want to be a member of a hate group. I've accidentally joined a hate group. So if you know, nearly half of all blacks are not okay with white people according to this poll, not according to me, according to this pole, that's a hate group. That's a hate group, and I don't want to have anything to do with them. And I would say, you know, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to white people is to get the hell away from black people. Just to get the away wherever you have to go, Just get away, because there's no fixing this. This can't be fixed.
Speaker 1: Well, it can't be fixed. And damn I buried the lead. Scott was transracial. I forgot to tell you he identifies as black.
Speaker 10: Can Yeah, So I realized, as you know, I've been identifying as black for a while years now because.
Speaker 2: I like, you know, I like to be on the winning team, and I like to help.
Speaker 10: And I always thought, well, if you help the black community, that's sort of the biggest lever you know, you could you can find the biggest benefit. So I thought, well, that's the hardest thing and the biggest benefit. So I like to focus a lot of my life resources in helping Black Americans, so much so that I started identifying as black to just be on the team I was helping. Okay, So it turns out the nearly half of that team doesn't think I'm okay to be white.
Speaker 2: So you can identify for whatever you want. That's nice just realizing this you're late. I'm gonna try that when I get pulled over next time.
Speaker 18: I'm I mean, this is obviously an old, crazy man.
Speaker 9: Like he's old as see now, So I really don't I'm not even taking it seriously at all.
Speaker 6: I think we should take it serious. I think we should take it here.
Speaker 1: The only reason I think we should take it seriously when I hear white people like Scott Adams talk like this, it makes me feel like he has no concept of history whatsoever, like no knowledge of white racial supremacy and colonization. Because Scott, I don't know if you know, but black people have way more reasons to fear white people.
Speaker 6: The white people have to fear us, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: The only thing white people could possibly be afraid of and regard as the black people, as black people one day, having the type of power and privilege they have and doing to them what they have done the countless marginalized groups for centuries. So you know, Scott Adams isn't just calling for segregation he's calling for separation. The honor ro Elijah Muhammad would agree. Okay, but once again, and this is just historic fact. White people have caused more hell on this planet for everybody than anybody. And you can't hear what you don't reveal to this new found playing the victim. This white grievance thing that's happening is nuts to me. Okay, Black grief should not lead the white grievance because we have every single reason to grieve. Now, can we also talk about self destruction and self sabotage because we're not talking about that in this situation. Deal With was published daily in two thousand newspapers in sixty five countries and twenty five languages, and now it's been canceled by hundreds of newspapers because Scott Adams woke up and said, you know what I'm gonna do today, I'm gonna just go on a racist tirade against black people. I'm gonna go death three on black people for no reason, all right, called black people that hate group?
Speaker 6: Why? Yeah? Why because we hated slavery.
Speaker 1: Because we hate the fact that there's been no atonement for slavery, because we hate systemic racism. Why wouldn't a black person hate the fact that, from birth to death we face systemic disadvantages. Okay, inequality between blacks and whites persist in every single aspect of society. Okay, wealth, poor health, and shorter life fans, and we're not supposed to hate that.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I can't speak for all black people, Okay, no black person can. But personally I don't hate white people, but I do hate white supremacy, and I really hate white grievance, especially when the white grievance hates black people as the problem. What's that African proverb? Until the lion learns how to write, every story will glorify the Dilbert. That's how it goes, something to that effect, But it's something to that effect. Scott, you called black people that hate group, but think about all these wide gaps I just mentioned the exists because of slavery, segregation, and discrimination. I haven't even mentioned things like the War on drugs, police brutality. I mean, come on, bro Hating racial injustices not make black people a hate group.
Speaker 6: But Scott, you notice you're just racist, simple and playing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're a white supremacist and white separatism is a concept every neo nazi white nationalist talks about all the time.
Speaker 2: So knock it off.
Speaker 18: Knock it off before we send doctor Umar on.
Speaker 2: You thousand, okay, because he on the way coming to you.
Speaker 1: Please give Scott Adams the big matter fact. Let Chelsea handle gi Scott Adams the biggest he haw.
Speaker 2: He haw he haw.
Speaker 4: That is way too much, Dan Maynes.
Speaker 6: I think Kathy Griffin need to get in on this too.
Speaker 19: Please give this giant jar male the biggest he haws.
Speaker 6: I heard from mister Chris Rock in a while.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, he need all of them girl, right, Hey man, are you offending djail?
Speaker 18: Because remember you just said that you're trends.
Speaker 2: Identify as a dog.
Speaker 4: We can switch it up whatever we want.
Speaker 6: Yellow beige dog, he'd be a big beige dog.
Speaker 20: It's dog.
Speaker 6: That could be dope. He put some tms on him and the Yankees a right to be amazing, not the the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: We were sitting at the show and I was telling him like, man, I don't know if I should do it because it just ain't gonna be right, and I feel like I'm scared it's gonna put me back in that moment and he was like, no, you gotta do that for the world and for him, like and y'all lazy man, y'all in the biggest group ever in hip hop, and also like he won't there, bro, He was like, you need you need that energy and your brother rocking the stage again, even if it's for the last time or whatever, like and this is that where's like even just for the last time whatever. He don't really know what was going on, but it's gonna be a cleanser for both of y'all us. It was, I swear it was.
Speaker 20: It was. It was.
Speaker 14: It was. It felt like at first, before I did it, I was still like because it reminds, you know, it's a reminder, and but as we did it, I just felt like I did feel good about it, like closing chapter on the right way, like on a big way unity love and like giving to the people.
Speaker 6: Also, what was it like before that?
Speaker 1: Because I know that everybody talks about I guess y'all got into something backstage somewhere. It was a video where everybody heard Cardi yelling like, y'all both wrong? So what what was it like before that moment? Before what before before y'all got on stage like, oh no, we.
Speaker 14: Were together man like swallow, like yeah, bro, missing all that out the window. You know what I'm saying. It's like family of everything. Let's do this right more than anything, because when you go into something with the wrong energy, you ain't gonna do it right. You know what I'm saying. Went into it with the right energy. And that's my brother.
Speaker 2: So what's your relationship now with with Qabo?
Speaker 6: That's my brother.
Speaker 14: At the end of the day, we're good, bro, just with each other in Paris, we'd be talking because we'd be going through little emotions and it don't be for the public. That's a thing like when it's like this, it don't be. Everything ain't for the public to be in and it's all love. At the end of the day, we lost a brother.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: They want to see y'all cry on Instagram? Yes what they want?
Speaker 14: You know, not gonna get it for me.
Speaker 6: You think y'all ever make music together, not even just as Migos, but just as set In I think so.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of fans were hoping that there was maybe lost Takeoff Versus or lost Migos records and that they would get that one more Migos album.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 14: They ain't fair to put that pressure on us either after losing brother Man, Like maybe you know what I'm saying the future right now, I just don't see it. It's like hard me hearing our songs sometimes in the club bro and people I might like got to smile on my face. Take Verse come on, like test me every single time. So it's like, I don't see what's doing it now.
Speaker 1: I can imagine because to us it's just a verse. But to you, it's like you probably think about the moment y'all. They put me in that bed every time.
Speaker 14: I was just in Starletars the other night and they're playing Freak No More his Verse come on, I'm like throwing money.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 14: It's just like slowed me up real quick.
Speaker 6: So now, what's the difference between this album? Set it off?
Speaker 14: Your Father for Okay, Father Foe was like I feel like I was getting more personal about who I was, my story of going to jail, having kids young, the story of my wife, my little to my wife. I'm just in With this album, it's more like the music wise, it's like more fun I didn't. I did all the new producers, so I didn't really self a metrosud side. I ain't really work with all the producers I worked with on this. It's like new producers I never worked with because I didn't want to create the same sign because I feel like artists now, like as an artist sometimes like you just get stuck in your ways. And I let a lot of I worked with a an artists time, like I know a lot of people in our game. But the g my an R was fired, so she was able to bring me different producers that I never heard of and different sounds and give me critiquing me on the music, like nah, number one sound sound like number ten for me, I was happy because like usually I ain't going for that. You know, I ain't let nobody to tell me nothing, but I understand, like change the game, change the sound be changing, and you just gotta change with it or you're gonna get left.
Speaker 8: Is it difficult with with you doing music right because you are a husband, your father five But yet you're still in the club, so you know what people want to hear.
Speaker 2: You know, people in the club ain't married. You know, the people in the club might not have some kids.
Speaker 8: So when you do your music, do you say, well, I got to put myself in near situation and take myself out from the husband and take myself out being the father. Five Because you didn't on this aub you don knocked off a lot of a lot of chicks on this app. I'm all these women off and you're married.
Speaker 6: Man. That's because I got a real wife like that.
Speaker 14: She understands like we and I gotta be relatable and especially like our age, like the average person.
Speaker 6: Ain't married and like people.
Speaker 14: Sometimes people I can see it like you let your wife dress like this, and you let her. I'm very secure by mind, so so we ain't let no controlling, like don't do this or I'm not telling her don't do a feature with that. Da da da da, because it's just like this this this the interrupt to love. I feel like when you go to doing that, because then it's like, damn, I want to.
Speaker 2: Be this person.
Speaker 14: I gotta talk to all these people, all these fans, and they gotta relate to me, but they can't relate to me if I'm standing in one lane. So I'm just blessed to have a good wife.
Speaker 1: What about the people who those same kids that love your personal life. They love you and Cardy together as a couple, and they follow y' all on social media and see all of.
Speaker 6: That, and they like Dann.
Speaker 1: They might want to hear that reflected in the music because I know people got really excited when they heard y'all doing the album together yeah or EP or whatever it was.
Speaker 14: They can't get mad at me because I'm not gonna tell her life. You can't say shaking yeah, so like you're having a good time. Girls want to feel that at them bar she be saying.
Speaker 8: But I guess you know too, when Cardy talks about that. I guess we all automatically assume when she says she's shaking asses shaking ask for a husband, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like she's doing it for set.
Speaker 8: But you know what I mean for you When I heard I knock it off them like, oh, he's putting his mind frame on somebody that's in the club, not himself.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I got to bro because it's like it's more of bros doing that. Then there's people that's man.
Speaker 2: Facts, These are facts.
Speaker 14: These are facts. So I just still gotta be relatable to him. They gotta still feel like Set ain't on the like Set and got man, we don't even understand him no more. And then it's the worst. Then there's no coming back from that.
Speaker 2: We got more with Offset when we come back, don't move.
Speaker 6: It's the Breakfast Numb.
Speaker 2: The Morning Morning everybody is DJ n V.
Speaker 8: Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was too kicking it with Offset. His album is out this Friday.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: For the first song on the album, you said you knew you were the one since you left the group. I think that was the other line. What does that line mean?
Speaker 15: You?
Speaker 14: So how you knew about that?
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all need to tell me what the album?
Speaker 14: The album?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's just like a confidence bar.
Speaker 14: Like you know, I went through some things I can't really speak on, like I stepped out of the box and like I had to get my together on the business side of things, and like after that, the freedom and the being able to be in control of my creative and being able to do that was like now I can show you who I am if you notice, like now people kind of see like I got a personality. I felt like it was kind of like bottled in when everything was all as one because it wasn't really about me.
Speaker 6: It was about us.
Speaker 14: This album is about me.
Speaker 8: How important was hip hop rolling up to you? Because I know you got roots in New York. I know you got roots in the land. I know you got roots a little bit of everywhere. I'd be seeing set with people up be like, how do you know him?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 8: Like, so you know, talk about your roots and what hip hop means to you because you sample a lot of that on this album.
Speaker 14: Hip hop man mean to me, Like man, growing up is like the superheroes. You know what I'm saying to me? Because I felt like it was so out of reach, and also I felt like there was like saving the world with the music, and like you know, seeing like cash Money master P. Because I'm from the South hundred thought like like outcast. You know we're from Atlanta, so we might not ain't listen to it. I might ain't get on jay Z Towns in high school. You see what I'm saying, I might ain't knowing. I'm through middle school. I knew, I knew Gucha and I knew Jezy, I knew hundred two thousand, A New Future. It's like our neighborhood heroes and like me, I feel like in general with music, you gotta know your roots and pay respect to it too, Like I watched it James Brown's I'll be watching like how they would dress or how they stayed it would be. Or sometimes I go watch a rock and roll like Martley coul or something, I go watch them stay set to get like a like a like an idea even on stage, and like because I feel like you, it always rotate, but you could just do it better in a better way.
Speaker 1: One of the things you say throughout the album is you keep referencing blame it on set. That's a dope record too, by the way, to blame it on set record? What are some of the things you think folks blames you for.
Speaker 14: No, it's not like people blame me for It's like it's like a it's like me talking to myself almost, like everything you went through is because of you. It's like taking responsibility. Everything you went through it is because of you. Like anytime anything happens.
Speaker 6: It's on you.
Speaker 14: That's all it was. It wasn't like a specific like y'all blaming me. No, it was just like being a man, being a man. Yeah, accountability, like accountability for all actions.
Speaker 8: People were mad at you a couple of weeks ago because you did that interview with what's the name Bobby.
Speaker 6: I felt like, when I say.
Speaker 8: That, you even gave her an opportunity to interview you, You know what I mean. You know, people were saying, well, why would you give that girl an opportunity and not somebody from the culture reached out.
Speaker 14: I did my research and I was like, I'm over to do it, because you know, I don't like doing interviews at all. I was like, I'm over to doing it. Album on the way, and I felt like it was kind of comical, like it's kind of funny. It's kind of funny to me. It wasn't like I wasn't taking that offensive. Just gotta be on your toes when you're doing that. She needed to be Yeah, she needed it, you know what I'm saying. And also like, I'm doing this for the brothers. You needing to catch me slipping on this show and be down talking to me and you like you're just coming up off to your top. It's all love though, but she she cool man. I felt like a lot of people did take a lot of comedy out of it. It was it was supposed to be funny.
Speaker 6: Man, you told her she needed some season.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 20: Season.
Speaker 14: But it's cool though. Man, it ain't no issues or nothing. But I feel like a lot of peoples mat at her life. But that's how she do the interviews. I think I brought it to our world more. It's like a lot of people like, why does she It was kind of taking it as like being disproved, but she wasn't. She just just I think that's the way she got on.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I hear I hear you channel a lot in this album. I hear a lot of Project Pack. Yeah were you? Were you listening to a lot of paver.
Speaker 14: Shi some Project Pack?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Man, they That's what I'm saying. It's like the underground music and to come to And then they went underground and went big shot of Juice j Man here a player, good producer. He ain't text me on the records.
Speaker 6: Oh oh he did production on it. You get certain.
Speaker 14: You gotta talk to job. He ain't the production sir.
Speaker 2: Oh so when you're just using now, but you gotta think the south point jealousy is Juice Jay.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So and then it's the South music.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 14: It's just always something about the South music to me, even growing up, just always felt like we was because it was relatable to my neighborhood.
Speaker 8: Frown absolutely we had we had Cardio up here and we were talking about, uh, your marriage and every day. And she was like, sometimes it's difficult not to keep things off social right, like the one time y'all always argue on social media. I never just say, you know what, lets I'm gonna put the phone down and call her.
Speaker 14: She's crazy.
Speaker 2: Man, you crazy too?
Speaker 1: You knew what you married a woman from the Bronx. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all the FLOORA said, you got to know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've learned it. I learned it.
Speaker 14: So it's just like, man, I hate fan based man sometimes be like trying to like kill it. So then sometimes you gotta like I feel like I gotta protect her.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: I've made mistakes. You did, you know what I'm saying. So those mistakes make me continue to have to protect her. I said, Man, they don't just go away, So like I just hate that because it's like we'll be good bro living a life like Scholden. We got beautiful kids. We don't bother nobody, but you know how I be whack.
Speaker 6: Though, But what about you? When you posted that your wife cheated, that's causing turmoil in the house.
Speaker 14: I was calming her ass, Now, I don't play with me same way.
Speaker 2: But then the next day they hold their hands together because it was.
Speaker 3: Everybody know it was man.
Speaker 2: She was like that.
Speaker 6: She was like he was playing. He was lying.
Speaker 14: Sometimes go in too much of me man like, and it makes so we don't want people to think like people thinking it's real. So it was just a little on reverse on no car.
Speaker 6: You said if you don't stop, im gonna get on line and said you cheat it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because that's the thing she gotta make her. She got like she's still somebody too. So like when they be doing that, like it'd be like making her seem like she al suck us.
Speaker 2: And then she got her.
Speaker 14: But then this time she did she kind of a I'm like, oh slow that down, down, baby, Oh no, like.
Speaker 6: Same, wanting to blow up the whole we're all going we are going down, five folks to what it's.
Speaker 12: Real.
Speaker 14: But we turn that in the front though, you know what she is strong man grass.
Speaker 6: Why didn't play boy CARDI clear the song for the that's the room online? Is that true? Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 14: Shout out to my boy man, because I don't get into it with my music and sometimes people be going through they on. You know what I'm saying. Shout out the bro though, man, he should have cleared up smashed though. I ain't okay, but we like that. I don't get mad at folks for like that because sometimes people be going through their only or they might not want I don't know. It's all loved us, my little brother.
Speaker 8: All right, we got more with Offset when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club wanting everybody is j n V. Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was too kicking it with Offset. His album is out this Friday, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Now, did authorities contact you after NICKI, MI and I husband made those stretch against you?
Speaker 6: That was another room man.
Speaker 14: Hell no, okay, ain't never calling me. Okay, I ain't got for.
Speaker 6: You because they were saying they reached out to see if you wanted the press man.
Speaker 14: Please, I never do no lame as like that, keep it on the screen, all this joke, grown a man, and I don't evenna bring it up. I don't know. People are like, but I just laughing. I got real money. I'm having real business. I'm on the way to the coach, prime man on the on the on the jet like I'm thirty years old, bro, like I'm grown to sell and I'm just too old participaper like a little damn you had seen was because I'm a grown man. Also like I'm saying it's a respect thing, brother, But you turning my wife. Bro, I'm not playing those games. I hate with men say anything about my wife because it's like, but you a man, don't speak on my wife.
Speaker 15: Bro.
Speaker 14: I don't care how people think, like, oh, why are you white?
Speaker 3: You white man?
Speaker 14: This is my wife, mother of my kids. Man man, dis spending wife. I said, you ain't playing by chores. Yeah you want you want to box mouth, I'm gonna get on your mother.
Speaker 6: Yeah we gonna make yeah, box your mouth.
Speaker 14: All that playing the tweak, all the trying to twinker your toes and kick your feet or all that.
Speaker 6: Yeah that was.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: We had Cardio up here. She you know, she talked about how much she supports you, and was, you know, riding for you, loving your music. And now let me ask you a question. Were go get a car to get second Cardio album? Any times soon?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: She said, I thought that's all of mynounthing recently.
Speaker 2: You know, she ain't know nothing, she said first quarter, she said, twenty twenty four, is it done? Were almost there?
Speaker 14: Were almost there, But.
Speaker 1: There's there's rumors that y'all was working on the joint album together too, though. Yeah, after hers, you think that would be that would be the album. Like the way you just expressed love for your wife and you know why you decided to be with her. You think we'll get that in music on that project for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, then the tour, then the tour.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're definitely having another baby after the tour. That's definitely happy.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: She wanted more, right, she said, she was saying say that up here, man, you don't want the more. Father six, I don't let me be at college expensive?
Speaker 9: What I know?
Speaker 2: Father six? Next album? I mean you got six.
Speaker 6: I'm done, done, done, I got full, I'm done, I'm done done done.
Speaker 2: I got two in college right now? College expensive college? Wax and that ass that's right.
Speaker 1: Pause, let's get too I do want to ask one Ques, what else you learned from Takeoff's passing.
Speaker 14: I'm still learning. I don't even know what to say the lessons just paying it ain't really you're trying to run from this?
Speaker 6: Have you done anything to deal with that grief? Like I sat down with somebody, I be feeling.
Speaker 14: Like sitting down with people like maybe I ain't found the right person, but I don't feel like sometimes people like can't relate.
Speaker 1: That's why culturally competent therapists and psychiatrists and grief counselors are very important.
Speaker 6: You got to you gotta have somebody who from it don't understand it.
Speaker 14: I feel like sometime in them jobs spacially, they're not giving people who maybe have a record of and those two people you need to have in the office because they gonna, they've been through they can really relate to Black people. I like, I feel like the therapy thing don't really be for black folks a lot of times because every person I ever seen it like, they ain't. They like tobody imna ask you a questions back, like so have you ever d And if it ain't, it's waste time, but.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you. The album comes out this Friday. Set it off. You want to you want to play?
Speaker 14: What was what was your favorite song? What did you feel like?
Speaker 8: I like saying my grace. I like worth it because I just I'm from that era. So I like you kind of catching the bus to Flow, which was different like blame it on set. I like the one where you had blame the project path Flow. The first song on the album.
Speaker 2: Hard, Yeah, that's when you said on the one, Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I can look to it again, listen to.
Speaker 14: I wanted to bring rope like rapping on the song, but I feel like it's a lot of auto tune, a lot of like I got melodies on here.
Speaker 6: Of course, but like your voice don't need it.
Speaker 12: Tho.
Speaker 1: You got to get to the rapping, but your voice so distinct you don't need the autotune. The joy with Travis said Grace, all right, right, yeah that's hard.
Speaker 2: That's we got the video.
Speaker 3: We shot that tile line to you.
Speaker 14: I can't wait to y'all see that hard.
Speaker 6: What does success look like for all set?
Speaker 14: The music connected to the people like I'm not you know how we came in the game. Like, I hate how everything is clocked now, like the number first day, because then it gives people of pins already immediately. They ain't even chatting to it. So me, I'm just trying to connect musically with these people. Like you said, identify off ship. It sounds like like I didn't reflair. That was like, oh bro, we got that. Like it's we were like and showing my creativity like see my album cover falling from the sky outside down. But I'm still on top. It's like being able to express the art. It's not numbers for me because I come from see my My number one record was number sixty and forty, twenty and ten then number one, So I know, like working the record, I feel like people don't be working records no more. The festivals are the big places. They checking your numbers, they checking your with your song that don't be able. I learned that at like I think I learned that at twenty sixteen. I forgot who the artist was. They was going after us, and I'm like, I know we out of in it.
Speaker 2: I noticed, But the streaming numbers, it was like a radio show too.
Speaker 14: I'm saying, boy, they on the good board. They on top fifteen, y'all like number forty right now, and then they made me understand the significant point of it. So it's some people that still watch. And I just feel like artists ain't Roberts, ain't putt on no show. Bro, No, we're just getting the bag And like people tried to paying the bad air like that, just like you gotta put on a show, you're gonna dance and everything. Yeah, I think it's like not cool cool. People like to be entertainment than anything that's right.
Speaker 2: All right, Well what you want to heal? They out what you gonna play?
Speaker 14: Play that worth it man worthy.
Speaker 2: We'll get in that bag man.
Speaker 8: Feature with Don Tolliver and we appreciate you joining us. The albums out this Friday. Set it off the brother Offset Here, let's go, and.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Your mornings will never be the same. Good news.
Speaker 1: If you're hiring, you've got help. Zip recruiter. Zip recruiter works for you to find great candidates fast. It's smart technology identifies qualified candidates for you, and you can invite your top choices to apply.
Speaker 6: Try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com Slash Breakfast.
Speaker 8: Now Charlamage is out, so we got our guest hosts with us. We have Claudia Jordan. My wife Gia is here as well. Now we're asking if you're just joining us. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one. Yesterday after the show, the ladies of the Breakfast Club were talking about shooting their shots and they were saying when they shoot their shot with a man, they always hit one hundred percent from the line, and they were saying that their relationships when they shoot shot lasts a little longer. So we're asking, ladies, have you ever shot your shot and how did it turn out? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 21: I want to ask you a question, yes, ma'am. So they said that when they shoot their shot from the line, it usually goes in. Those are their longest relationships. So from a man's point of view, why do you think that is? Is it because the man is flattered because he knows that the woman is one hundred percent in that she really wants to be there, because she approached him, because she went for the gusto?
Speaker 4: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit of everything.
Speaker 8: I mean, you still have to look attractive, like you just can't shoot your shot, and you know you gotta you know, okay, attractive, You still have to look attraction.
Speaker 2: You still have to be small, objective, yes, okay, And I think it's I think it's dope.
Speaker 8: I think a lot of times I don't think necessarily women shoot their shots as much as men do. So I think when they do, it's kind of intriguing. Okay, it makes you you don't want to see, well, what is this about. Let's have a conversation, let's talk, and then you know, I think most men feel like if a woman shooting his shot, she's probably horny, and I can probably get it in a little faster.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know. I think we're also more efficient.
Speaker 20: I think men cast a big net and just try to holler at anything with a badass, and we like, we'll look at you first, like okay, I could see we're looking at your shoes or nails. Like we are.
Speaker 6: Deliberate. Yeah, we don't know, more deliberate.
Speaker 18: Okay, right, so that's why we have a higher success rate.
Speaker 20: You guys just like oh as, we're like, okay, he looks stable, Okay, he seems nice, nice smile this.
Speaker 2: We look at different things. So when's the last time you shot your shot at an individual?
Speaker 20: So just straight up with someone I just met, I don't really do it that often. I will definitely give the cues where like give them the red the green light where they know it's okay to.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, you give a little floirty look or whatever all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 20: But I will say I did get turned down one time with someone that I dated, and I try.
Speaker 4: To spin the block again.
Speaker 2: Oh so you try to go about that.
Speaker 20: This is super embarrassing and I don't take it embarrassing. So anyways, this is a guy that I thought was the one. Okay, so we had broken up, but like, babe, wait, why'd you break up? So we were kind of young, and he came into like a big contract and so like he gotta kind of go live his life a little bit and have his life fun. And I understood that, like I wish I would have met him like way before.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 20: Anyways, long story short, I always felt like he was like the one. So we pleasantly broke up. We just split it, but it wasn't bad. So he was in town for in a Warks show and they were hosting a party at this place, so I knew he was gonna be there, so I packed an overnight bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he was ready.
Speaker 12: He was like he got.
Speaker 6: I packed an overnight.
Speaker 20: Bag, right, And I'm like, thinking, surely he's want to hang out with me afterwards, Like why would you not?
Speaker 6: He had plans.
Speaker 20: So anyways, at the end of the night, I was hovering, you know, like the oh, you know, whenever I thought maybe we would hang out, and he goes, oh, I have plans I go with somebody else.
Speaker 14: He's like yeah.
Speaker 18: I was like, but I brought up overnight.
Speaker 4: J you didn't tell him that, No, you didn't, Claudia, Jesus. Claudia told me didn't tell him that.
Speaker 18: I said, it was my eyes, your eyes, I said, my eyes.
Speaker 20: So anyways, I went in the car and I cried, right, but I filmed. I did one of those corny well I did the tyres thing. I film myself crying right to remind myself to never do that, okay, to remind myself to never go out like that again. And then I told my friends the story, and I told them but I brought up open to this day, they would like put bags underneath my comments and times.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did get shot.
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 4: I thought the way, but and he never called you back after we talked, but it wasn't We never went there.
Speaker 6: It was awkward.
Speaker 2: She's not going back there now.
Speaker 4: Because for me, logically, that doesn't seem like a turndown.
Speaker 21: That seems like, oh maybe I would, but I have plans that He turned all afterwards to say, hey, you know so you brought that overnight bag, so.
Speaker 2: You know what's up.
Speaker 8: That's a turndown, That's what more was like, you know what, I'm cancling on my plans and come on.
Speaker 6: But since he didn't, we don't know what his plans are.
Speaker 4: I never liked to presume.
Speaker 2: Once again, I came in second.
Speaker 11: Hello this hi, this is destiny, my destiny. How are you young? I love you, Patty, y'all love you of course three day end that I love you too.
Speaker 2: Now wanted did you shoot your shot at somebody? Destiny?
Speaker 11: Okay, the one time in life I never did this ever. So I was in college and it was like a comedy show coming like a wild and wilding out by They came to our college and it was this guy. He kept looking at me like, and I was telling my friends like, oh he's still girl, and my friends Zoe, she said, oh you're you're so bad go over that prom you think you're all that. I said, Okay, I'm gonna go talk to him, and he literally left in my face and for the following hour he talked about me in the comedy show Damn it man.
Speaker 4: So when you went up to him and spoke, what was it that you said before he laughed in your face?
Speaker 11: I was just like, Hi, I see that we keep making I class bags. My name is says to me, And I just was trying to see, you know, what's like the breath some food from the cafeteria late later or something like that. It was just something like.
Speaker 12: Laane, like, hey didn't make out.
Speaker 16: Damn that's actually like when he got home, he was just like I'm married, and he was like, my wife married me for lit.
Speaker 11: He was like, so I have a bad wife at home. He married me from lady and this girl from college that's moving on a little small town that's trying to talk to.
Speaker 1: Me, Danz.
Speaker 18: I wonder who the comedian was, some low.
Speaker 11: Name guy from Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Did you do the breath check before you went over there? Did you do like to make sure you was good?
Speaker 6: Money?
Speaker 7: I was good?
Speaker 11: Let me tell you I was. I was cute that day. I'm a makeup artist, damn, so my makeup was everything. And he even said like, oh, you're true, but.
Speaker 12: My wife married me.
Speaker 11: Damn literally date a supermodel.
Speaker 2: Sorry for two right now.
Speaker 4: So as far as kicking it to guys right now, I'm against it.
Speaker 6: But guys nowadays think they have the bad bitch though.
Speaker 4: Sir Ra Sean, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 21: How do you feel about that masculine energy of a woman saying, hey, can I take you out? Not just I want to get to know you, but like I want to take you on a date. I don't know you would like it.
Speaker 14: I don't care.
Speaker 20: I was thinking the same thing, like, do guys get turned off I want in this new bad Bitch era?
Speaker 18: I think that men are not as turned off by it.
Speaker 4: I think that there's something psychological there.
Speaker 2: No, because if I have it, then I don't feel any way about it. But now if I don't have.
Speaker 21: It, no, no, let's take let's take money. No no, no, it's not about money. It's just about the intention. Of a woman saying hey, I want to take you out. It turns me off. No, no, no, the idea of it completely turns me off.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: I feel as though if I'm into a guy and I'm in his face.
Speaker 21: If he is attracted to me, if he's interested, he is going to kick it. If he is not, I am not going to push the envelope and put myself on a platter for rejection. And I'm further not going to take on a more masculine energy and say, hey, can I take you out to dinner? But I believe in traditional roles. I like to be courted. Those are things that are important to me.
Speaker 18: Oh please stay married, because they're not courting these days.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 4: But now here's the thing.
Speaker 21: Do you feed into that energy by becoming the masculine energy in the relationship, because that's what their expectation is.
Speaker 20: No, because I'm with you, I'm still holding out. I want that masculine energy.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 20: If I'm masculine towards you, it makes me kind of be a little disrespectful to you. If you allow me to be like that, I'm going to probably treat you the way you probably ended on treating me.
Speaker 2: But you should. I think, I think that it is nothing wrong.
Speaker 8: Is that I always saying, hey baby, I got tickets to the game today, I'm taking you to the game.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about taking me.
Speaker 21: You're misunderstanding me talking about if you're already in a relationship. If you're already in a relationship, I love the push pull, the back and forth where.
Speaker 4: You know you do something kind for me, I reciprocate and I do something kind for you, not in a tip for tat type of way.
Speaker 2: At the beginning.
Speaker 21: Whenever it's in the beginning, I as the woman, I need to feel that that interest is there. I'm not going to be, you know, buying you gifts. I'm not going to be taking you out to dinner, not to say. If I'm out and I see something cute for you, yes, if it comes from the heart, but I'm not going to be doing that to get.
Speaker 4: You to like me.
Speaker 2: That's why a lot of women are single.
Speaker 8: Right there, they see something they want, they see something they like, they better go see what's going on with that thing that they like or see, but they're not going to see it again.
Speaker 2: But if you see something you like, you go approach that man. Hey, how you doing? My name and so and so? What's your name? I think you're handsome. Why don't we go out and get something that's nothing?
Speaker 21: But if he thought that you were cute, he would have kicked it to Well, then that's not that masculine.
Speaker 6: I don't want it.
Speaker 4: Exactly that that masculine energy.
Speaker 21: If I'm in your space and you see me, you notice me, and I throw you a little flirt like said that she did.
Speaker 4: Listen, here's the lu All you need to do is dunk. I'm here. If you don't kick it to me, you don't look in my direction.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, not every man can. Don't interested, Not every man can. Don't be too sure.
Speaker 20: I do think when you do get with a guy like that, like I've I've got you know, you can put it out there, but I feel like, you know, it kind of sets a precedence for the relationship.
Speaker 2: Like I'm getting down the line.
Speaker 18: Do I have to get on one knee to propose to you?
Speaker 5: Do I have to protect you?
Speaker 6: Do this single?
Speaker 2: Claudia, you see a man out there, you better holler. You're on a plane and you see the word is the world? Three more years.
Speaker 21: The world is stripping on Claudia. Okay, because Claudia got everything, I don't even know the universe is messing with her.
Speaker 2: It's a test.
Speaker 6: Claudia.
Speaker 2: Well, my mother told me that this lady when I was in the womb.
Speaker 18: That's what I heard.
Speaker 20: That struggles as what my mom. There's a lady in Italy that they said supposedly said my like she my dad left this one lady from my mom and took her to America, and she was like basically before he left, like your unborn daughter will forever.
Speaker 6: Have issues Jesus Christ.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So anyways, I'm only dating if I get a recommendation from a good friend or people that are in successful relationship.
Speaker 18: I don't trust my own meter and pick her.
Speaker 6: I don't have time to talk about that.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, no move, It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: The breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 8: Are you someone who knows you don't have condom available? Where condoms are soul?
Speaker 2: The breakfast Club