Speaker 1: Let's get to Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Where President Donald Trump says he will appoint He will appoint Fox News host and former prosecutor Janeine Piro as interim US Attorney for the District of Columbia. He made the announcement on his Truth social platform, and.
Speaker 1: Here's what it read.
Speaker 2: In part quote, I am pleased to announce that Judge Janine Piro will be appointed Interim United States Attorney for the District of Columbia. Janine was assistant District attorney for Westchester County, New York, and then went on to serve as county judge and district Attorney, where she was the first woman ever to be elected to those positions. Janine is incredibly well qualified for this position and is considered one of the top district attorneys in the history of the state.
Speaker 1: Of New York.
Speaker 2: She is in a class by herself. Congratulations, Jeanine end quote. Piro has been a longtime ally of Trump, dating back to her time as.
Speaker 1: A prosecutor in New York.
Speaker 2: She was all so an early support of his twenty sixteen campaign and publicly defended him during the Access Hollywood tape scandal. Just so you know, ladies, and gentlemen, for those of you expected me to have a problem with it, I might have a little problem with it, but not for the reasons you think. Jeanine Piro appears to be qualified. I've read her resume. He put that out there for you. She is a former prosecutor. There's nothing to dispute there. Okay, so this is not about her qualifications. Here's my issue. I'm getting to a point, and I think we all should be alarmed. And if I was talking to the President for a Linkey interview.
Speaker 1: Which I would love to have.
Speaker 2: By the way, fealty to him, loyalty and devotion to him seems to be the criteria for these jobs, as opposed to one's qualifications and one's pursuit of that job. Now, Janee Piro's on the Five. The Five is a very successful show. I watch it often. I'm actually a fan of Harold Ford Junior. Let me state that for the record, and much to the sagrin of a lot of you, I actually like Jesse Waters. I think he does a great job. I didn't like when he vibed with DeSantis on black history issues, particularly pertaining to slavery. That really pissed me. Off about Jesse Waters, but that's about it. In terms of him pursuing facts and covering politics the way that he does. I have no problem with him, Okay, and the rest of them on the Five.
Speaker 1: I think it's a damn good show.
Speaker 2: But when I think about Janine Piro, you see, when something like this happens, I am I in a.
Speaker 1: Position where I get to question your objectivity.
Speaker 2: Now, in fairness to her, she's been a longtime supporter of Trump and she hasn't waivered one bit. I guess in my own way, I wish more people were like Harrold Ford Jr. Because even though he's clearly a Democrat who supports the Democratic Party in the same breath, he doesn't hesitate to point out some of the things that they do wrong. Now, I don't get to watch every show, and I'm not trying to castigate her in any way.
Speaker 1: I'm simply making the point that Trump.
Speaker 2: Leaning towards Five, I mean, you're leaning towards Fox News, except I'm going to keep bringing up that name. I understand he served our country honorably as a soldier, but to go from being a weekend host on Fox News to being the Secretary of Defense for the United States of America, overseeing three and a half million people seems insane. Now, in fairness to him, the Megan Kellys of the world have been on this show defending that. I've spoken to Mark Levin, I've spoken to Sean Hannity, I've spoken to Will Kane, people like that.
Speaker 1: They all supported all right, fine, I'm just saying it is a bit alarming.
Speaker 2: Because it seems at times like the primary prerequisite for a job and the Trump administration is to love on Trump. I'm not saying he should hire somebody that hates on him. I'm not saying he should hire someone who would be disloyal. I'm not saying he should hire somebody that can't stand him. But damn the people that's he's picking are folks that would say and do anything it appears for him. And I don't know how wise that part is. But I'm not gonna sit here and tell you she's not qualified for the position. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that because she is a former prosecutor who has knowledge of the law, and when people that I spoke to, she had a damn good reputation as a prosecutor.
Speaker 1: Whether they were telling the truth or not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just saying what they told me, so I can't say but so more, but so much more than that. It pales in comparison to what I really really want to get to. And that's former President Biden, who appeared on the View yesterday and took responsibility for President Trump's the story of return to the White House. Biden maintains he would have been Trump had he stayed in the race, and pushed back on claims of any cognitive decline in his final year in office. Here's a portion of what President Biden's comments from the show yesterday about Vice President Kamala Harris and her failed presidential run.
Speaker 1: Here's what he said.
Speaker 2: Quote I wasn't surprised, he says he wasn't surprised by her failed presidential run, not because I didn't think the Vice president was qualified to be president. She is. She's qualified to be president of the United States of America. I was surprised because they went the sexist route, the whole route. This is a woman, she's this, she's that. Really, I've never seen a successful and consistent of a campaign undercutting the notion that a woman couldn't lead the country and a woman of mixed.
Speaker 1: Race and quote, BS, that's straight. BS.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not gonna let y'all get away with that. I'm not gonna let you get away with that. They said, we were hearing the same thing about Hillary in twenty sixteen. Hillary won the popular vote over three billion votes. She didn't win an electoral college vote.
Speaker 1: Why was that?
Speaker 2: James Cote comes out with some report about deleted emails thirty three thousand plus a couple of weeks or so before the election.
Speaker 1: What missogyny got to do with that?
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris goes on a view, knowing that you had open borders, knowing the crisis that caused in this country, knowing that there was an economy that was compromised by inflation, knowing there was crimes in the streets, knowing there was those kind of things going on, and she went on the view. When they asked if there's anything that she would do differently that you were doing in your administration, President Biden, she said, I really can't think of anything. Everybody knows that's where she sealed her fate. Everybody knows that. But that doesn't even come close to equating the damage you did, sir, You and the former first Lady Jill Biden, both of you. Now, Jill Boden, I'm not going to blame, but so much because that's her husband and she was standing by her husband. So when he went on the stage June twenty seventh for debate and completely looked inept off or out of sink and everything in between, it was you that walked out on that stage minutes later and said you want to thank him and applaud him for doing an outstanding job. You answered every question, You did this, you did that, and then you go on the view and admit it.
Speaker 1: Was a flat out lie.
Speaker 2: It was a flat out lie, and that you knew you were lying. You went on the view and you said he was awful, it was bad, But that ain't what you told the voters out there. And now you're hiding behind the notion that you weren't gonna let one moment, one bad moment ruin a presidency. Well it was one bad moment. Actually it was many because we saw him. There were times that we saw him and he had no business being seen.
Speaker 1: Remember when.
Speaker 2: Former President Barack Obama had to guide him off a stage. Where he didn't know where he was going. Remember when he was at the World Summit in g if I remember correctly, and everybody was standing together, but he was fading away and drifting away, and they had to guide him back to the line.
Speaker 1: Remember that.
Speaker 2: Remember the times that he was mumbling incoherently. There was an analyst that came on Chris Cuomo's show. I think it was Scaramucci, if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure. Anthony Scaramucci, and he came on Chris Cuomo's show on News Nation and he said the night of June twenty seventh, when Joe Biden debated Donald Trump, he said that he looked like an elderly person in a nursing.
Speaker 1: Home waiting to be fed apple sauce.
Speaker 2: And as sad as that vivid kind of picture depicting the president at the time was. No one refuted it, no one, Which brings me to the other point. You see, none of that is a big deal, sir, if you're over eighty years of age, which is no shame in it, and you served this country the way that you served in the Senate for decades, in the presidency for the three previous years, but.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty when you were elected. Before you took.
Speaker 2: Office in January twenty twenty one, you swore to the American public that you were there to be a transitional president.
Speaker 1: You were coming for one term.
Speaker 2: You just wanted to get America's house back in order and get us removed from the chaos that had ravaged us for years in the streets of America.
Speaker 1: And you were supposed to be transitional.
Speaker 2: You got there, the Dems fought off a red wave, nullified it. Actually it wasn't what the Republicans thought about going to be. The Democrats won the midterms, and you were feeling yourself and you didn't want to surrender power, so you went back on your word as a transitional president. Your wife did everything she could to cover for you, knowing that there was slippage. And now we're walking around and what are we hearing right now, President Joe Biden. We're hearing that at eighty two years of age, okay, which is what you are about to be, you're talking about writing a book. And the book is gonna be out about a year, and that's about right around the time that the midterms are coming out. That the midterms will take place. So is it possible that what you're doing is what you're saying is I'm gonna come out with a tell all book and I'm gonna dime everybody out and I'm gonna call out the Democratic Party so you can somehow get in the way or whatever success they're hoping to reap in the twenty twenty six mid terms. Is that what you're doing, sir? Sure sounds like it. See, this is the sickening part of politics. This is what they mean when they talk about people eating their own because you ain't given a damn. You didn't want to leave office after promising you would serve one term. You tried to stay in power, and somehow they were able to hoodwink you and then embracing the presidential debate against Donald Trump three months before any presidential debate had ever taken place.
Speaker 1: You got exposed. And then what do the Democrats do?
Speaker 2: They put Kamala Harris in there bypassing primaries like every other candidate would have to experience, in large part because in twenty twenty she couldn't even get to Iowa. And then you sold the American public on this is what we want, this is who we want et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Come to find out, it's a whole bunch of lives.
Speaker 2: But the reality is is you're not far removed from it, Joe Biden, because had you kept your word and committed yourself to be in a transitional president and making room very early for candidates to come down the line for the Democratic nomination for the presidency of the United States, all the things that, all the things that happened in the aftermath would not have been necessary, but you didn't care. Instead, you want to talk about what for the good of the country. How could you possibly think you would have beaten Trump when inflation was taking place, when open borders had ravaged us, when they were you war in Ukraine against Russia was fomented even more.
Speaker 1: When the hermoster was rarely he monsters. Really conflict took fold with all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Happening, Mons removed from office, when no one really cares to hear from you at this particular juncture, You're going to go on a BBC network and then in the aftermath of that the view and you're gonna bad talk.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: You say you wasn't, But when you say you would have beaten Trump and that you knew she would have lost.
Speaker 1: That's bad talking her.
Speaker 2: Why did you leave out that you didn't put in a position to win because you refuse to step away. If you had kept your word about being a transitional president, and you had made it very clear early that you would only serve one term, it would have paved a way for her to run for the office herself and campaign with ample time to do so. If she is what you say she is, that she's qualified to be the president of the United States of America, you could have helped her, not just coming into the last minute, then give her an endorsement to take a shot of reportedly at Barack Obama and the George Cloonies of the world and others. You could have helped her, but you didn't. And now, when you have an opportunity to walk away into the twilight and live your final years, you're talking about coming out with a book.
Speaker 1: It has to be a tell oil to get you any money.
Speaker 2: It has to be a tell oill. It's a sinister game, and you know it's bad when you can't stop playing it in your eighties. I'm not taking any tweets. I have nothing more to say. I got too much to do this week, and I'm about to get out of here. But it's a damn shame. It's a damn shame all of this stuff that the left wants to complain about with Trump, all of this stuff that they want to complain about, whether it's Elon Muskin doze from month weeks ago, or it's the tariffs over the last few weeks, or it is what's he gonna do with Harvard or what's he gonna do with freedom of speech? Or what's he gonna do with HBCUs and all of these other damn questions. If Biden had kept his word, stepped away, if the Democrats had held them.
Speaker 1: To it, had the strength to hold them to it.
Speaker 2: And by democrats, I'm not talking about just elected officials, I'm talking about donors. All of this noise have been prevented. Once again, my latest example of you bringing it on yourself. You brought it on yourself.
Speaker 1: M