Speaker 1: What did you think about Usher out there doing this thing?
Speaker 2: I gotta keep it honest, bro, I didn't even watch it was I took that time to finish my season playing. I'm in mid season in Major League Baseball the show. I'm a pitching dh for the Pirates and we're rolling right now. So I took that time roll me one up and play a couple of games on show. But I heard it was dope.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to unplug your weekly recap.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: Tough day for the nighter game yesterday, but great game. But let's start with Patrick Mahomes. This dude's incredible. Three championships in five years, three and one in the Super Bowl. Only loss comes to Tom Brady. When you think about guys who started their career, not many have started off this hot. I mean Magic Johnson comes to mind, and Tiger Woods comes to mind. But when you see Patrick Mahomes out there doing this thing, Jack, what comes to mind.
Speaker 2: He's special, man. I mean, he's getting up to a great start. You know, people, He's got to the point where people are not talking about was finding the next time Brady talking about finding the next Patrick Mahomes and the way he's starting off his career. The MVP's in the championship, so early his career, he's definitely on pace to be the best quarterback ever. And I just think that with the coaching staff he has, the way he's developed the last couple of years, with guys like Travis Kelson, the other guys coming along. They even got a young they still got a young team, so he really can break a lot of records. But as a quarterback, definitely the born of the best I ever seen.
Speaker 1: And then this is all due respect to Brady.
Speaker 3: You know, Brady's got seven of them things and Mahomes has three with three Super Bowl MVPs.
Speaker 1: But you know, most quarterbacks get better as they age, and.
Speaker 3: Barring any serious injury, it's not crazy to think that Mahomes can be the best quarterback ever. And my question is they have to have seven to be the best because it's not always ring as they get you you know there, but you know, great performance by him. I was terrified when he when he got the ball back in overtime. First of all, I didn't understand why we didn't defer. I guess the guys now they didn't know the rules. But I feel like the Niners had their chance. Man nothing to hang their heads on. I think Party played well. If you hate on Party by now I think you just a hater. Mccafficke of his things debo came back after tweaking his hamstrings, prayers out the Green law Man. He tore his achilles man getting ready getting hype on the sideline and ready to run on the field. That was a huge loss. He's one of our best linebackers. But you know, I think the.
Speaker 1: Block pat was huge.
Speaker 3: And then the punt that hit the blockers ankle where McLeod tried to get it and Kansas City got it, that was really gave them momentum man, But you know, happy for them guys.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm a Niner fan.
Speaker 3: But Mahomes played his ass off, Kelsey played his played his ass off. The rest of the team did their thing, man, So definitely salute to the chiefs.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: Where did Usher rank and perform?
Speaker 3: So, first of all, I want to say shout out to Jay Z and Rock Nation because these performances of late have kind of crossed over into hip hop and our genre and mixing different styles and different artists to really make a halftime show. And that's not saying in the past it wasn't great. But I just feel like since Jay and them have jumped on, I think the energy has changed around the Super Bowl performances. But what did you think about Usher out there doing this thing?
Speaker 2: I gotta keep it honest, bro, I didn't even watch it. I was I took that time to finish my season playing I'm in mid season in Major League Baseball the show, I'm a pitching d H for the Pirates and I we're rolling right now, So I took that time to roll me one up and play a couple of games on show. But I heard it was dope.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about it then. And I'm not mad at that Usher and Alicia Keys people are. I'm sure you've probably seen the video of and Alista doing their thing and it's and it's and I see a meme about their like me driving to go see old boys like the New Game, I said a couple of people and sent it to me this morning. But I look at it as an art, you know what I mean. Obviously, you know, like actors in the movie, Alicia and Usher have some chemistry, you know what I mean. And I think everyone wanted to take it to the next level. The Swiss needs to go see Usher. But I didn't think. I thought it just made the performance dope.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: They definitely had some chemistry. And this is coming from someone that had to make a trip and go see somebody. But at the same time, I just think that was music. It was a different situation. I first thought that Jermaine Deprise somebody I love, someone so important to the music game was see Low when he first popped up on the stage and then he had the Sunday Girl Church socks on with the ruffles at the bottom and outside of that, man Little John.
Speaker 1: Came in and did his thing. Luda Chris did his thing. Shout out her. Her came through with the electric guitar. She was killing it.
Speaker 3: Kial held it down for the West Coast, but overall, man shout out to Usher, definitely did his thing. Shout out to Jay and Rock Nation for just making these Super Bowl performances. They continue to get better. Definitely a top five what's your number one performance? I don't know, man, You know, Michael j Accent was dope back. I saw it as I got older, obviously, you know, I heard Charlotte Maine talk about prince and they say, well made princeship. So dope is when he's singing Purple Rain, God just started showering down strain drops on him. You know, Rihanna, shit was dope. Obviously last year Snoop and Dre that was dope. So there's a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Man Prince and MJ my top Prince and MJ.
Speaker 1: Those are your two. Yeah, I ain't mad at that.
Speaker 3: Kelsey almost bumped Andy Reed's big ass down and obviously shout out to Andy Reid.
Speaker 1: Man three super Bowls and six.
Speaker 3: Years climbing the ladder and the winds is going to go down as one of the greatest.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: But you know Kelsey energy, I feel like people were saying, if this was so and so, so and so would have happened.
Speaker 1: I like, I don't care about knowing that shit.
Speaker 3: I feel like Jack, if Andy Reid ain't got a problem with it, and that's the kind of relationship they got, we should all leave it alone. But what was your thought when you saw Kelsey and Andy Reid?
Speaker 2: When I answer questions the way I like to answer questions, I like to answer from it, and people always say, well, you always gotta make it about you. No experience is the best teacher, so that I put myself in the situations and I can speak on it because I understand it. So I coaches like that, love players like that as soon as they asks and to read about it, he said, I don't mind. I love it. That's the passion he's done it before. The reason why I say that, I spend in times where I came out of games and got into it. The coaches stood up and curse pop out, you know what I'm saying. But at the end of the game, when we won that championship, he's the first one hugging me the most most power from me. So if you've never been in that position with a coach, have you never been through the grind of starting the season, going through the ups and downs and making it to being able to say you the best in the world. You want to understand the things that go with through that. But you have those moments and that's what builds character. That's what makes you grow as a coach and as a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I completely agree.
Speaker 3: If they ain't got no problem with it, I don't see why anybody else should have a problem with Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 2: Jack used to be the ship.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you didn't watch none of them because you was probably doing stuff in between the commercials.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't real. I wasn't, Yeah, I mean I didn't.
Speaker 3: It was cool, you know, with all the personalities and things, but nothing really jumped out to me. They said, I read something earlier that Jesus had a budget this super Bowl. He put fourteen million up there to spread his word. I'm not mad at that Scientology snuck in there. Dunkin donuts. Ernold Schwarzenegger was pretty good. But I don't know, maybe I missed it. I just wasn't necessarily feeling the Super Bowl commercials this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't the same no more. You know, it was a time, Matt where you know, everybody had to watch the Super Bowl and watch it on TV. Where now people are watching other people watch the super Bowl and watch other people talk about it. So it don't make no sense to spend that money on a commercial no more, because everybody's not watching the actual Super Bowl. They're watching other people talk about it instead of announcements on the TV. Because you might want to watch guys like us we smoking talk about the game. You might watch some other people. You know what I'm saying that that drink beer. So it's so many different ways to watch the game and enjoy it the way you want to write now, I don't think it was paying that money for commercial's worth it no more where you could just put that same commercial on social media.
Speaker 3: Jack recently a little bit, a little bit of back and forth internet with comments I guess you made about Austin Rivers. Austin was talking to the tune of Brownie not wanting or him not wanting Brownie to play with with with Broun and I'm paraphrasing to not being Lebron's shadow. He said a similar situation was similar with his pops, and his work was discredited because he played for his dad. And you came and said, some shit, what was that all about?
Speaker 2: First of all, let me say this, bro, I don't have no problem with Austin Rivers. I I ain't want to run up on the little dude knockers teeth, I don't want to do nothing like that. I have no problem, no beef with him. But all basketball players don't think each other was good. I'm not the first to say that, I'm not the last to say that, and that's just what it is. And then again, what he's saying is you and Brownie and and Braun and his dad is not the same thing. To me, Doc Rivers is not Lebron, and you not Lebron. I'm not saying that he that Uh, he wasn't better than Brunn in high school. He was, but the lifestyle and the player, the things that Bronnie grew up under as Lebron's son, you didn't grow up under that as doc son. Nigga's not the same. And that was my point. Hey, listen, I know I was better than him. I ain't got to prove that to nobody. But if a basketball player doesn't think that another basketball player wasn't good, that's his opinion. We have that experience. And I ain't got no knock against a knock against him. I'm real cool with his pops. I just don't think he was a good NBA player, fair enough, he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He was a monster in college, though, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: And that's the first thing people say when it wasn't good in NBA.
Speaker 3: No, he was a beastn college. He did his thing a little bit with the Clippers too. Things got funny with the Clipper. I'm gonna keep a g with you, was when that came in. You know, some say Austin was on his way out. He comes in and gets a spot. What was crazy, though we all went.
Speaker 2: It wasn't stop. This is all this. He wasn't on his way out. No other team wanted to pay him, and it's Daddy paid him, not go ahead.
Speaker 3: But that was before I'm talking about how we even got him because we wanted to get We went and had a conversation. We wanted to grab Nate Robinson and he didn't want to grab. They didn't want Nate Robinson to come before the playoffs because I felt like he wanted to give Austin that chance to shine. And then Austin did his thing against Houston in this one game. I'm not even gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: He was killing.
Speaker 3: But what got funny was when he got the bread. And this is again, this is not none of us hating, not nobody getting no brain.
Speaker 2: That's our respect for Tom.
Speaker 3: Austin got way more money than me, Jamal and JJ and we was the one putting in all the minutes and and and a lot of the work. So that's when it got a little funny on that side. But when I look back, I'm not even to now being older. In the moment, I'm like, what the fuck, But now I'm like, if I had an opportunity to give my motherfucking son some money like that too, I'm gonna do the same motherfucking things.
Speaker 1: So I ain't even mad about it.
Speaker 2: But that was.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know, that was something that went back and forth, and I think there's kind of jack there's been a little bit I wouldn't even say disconnect, but I mean lately in the air, there's some funk between older and I would say we're kind of on that. We're getting obviously getting on the older side, and then this newer generation. You see the Aiden Ross kid and and and Joe buttons into it. You saw the Kai guy not know who Mike Killer Mike was with the Grammys. It's an interesting tape because obviously, you know, I have younger kids, so I get both sides, and I think it's really more on the older on us to really understand. And we don't obviously have to agree, but I think it's more on us to understand what these younger dudes are talking about. Because they're not going to take the time to understand our perspective.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think us with more experienced, more nolags, they're just gonna ride us off as old motherfuckers, you know, because they are the next wave. And that's how when we're younger, you think about it, when you're eighteen nineteen, you don't want to know forty.
Speaker 1: Plus buffucker you oh what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I think it's upon us to really understand this next generation because they'll write us all from a standpoint that they don't care if we understand them or not because they're now. So I just think there's a lot of back and forth right now. It'll be interesting to see if like conversations can sit down and be had between the older movement and the younger movement, so we could all come along and be along SMOs, so we can get it, you know, get along.
Speaker 2: It's all about what you want to know too. Like you can't make excuses. We make a lot of excuses for people. But I think for me, when I came into the league, I wanted to know the older guys that was in the league when I was coming in because I want to show them that respect, you know what I'm saying, So, like, it's all what you want to know. If you don't want to know the people that came before you, then that's on you, you know what I'm saying. But it could because you can be successful without knowing people before you. But at the same time, when you come into that moment where where you in a position to show respect and pay homage, I think it's always good to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I definitely right about that drama him and uh, what's the guy's name?
Speaker 2: Nurkic?
Speaker 3: Nurkic squirt off again, Jack And that was a good ass game. I don't know if you got a chance to see the game, did you?
Speaker 2: I watched it. Yeah, really good game.
Speaker 3: But Nurkic after the game kind of came off salty to me that Draymond didn't deserve another chance, he didn't learn nothing. But I'm watching the game, like, bro, you backed him down, got a little jump hook off and did the double two small like smack the ground and then coming back on if it's the next player. A few players ter, you turn your back on some disrespect shit and he brings his his comes into you. Barrels into you and jump hooks you and then he smacks it back. So I kind of saw the Nirkd shit as just some sucker shit from a standpoint of he got in your head, he beat you at your own game, and his team won when both teams have been playing really well.
Speaker 1: His team won. But what was your take on the Draymond in Nurker situation.
Speaker 2: If the referees ain't calling no tech on no fire, y'all complain about this man, y'all trying to control the way he played, trying to control his pass fall this game. If the referees don't call no tech, if they don't kick him out the game, shut up. I don't want to hear it. Point blank. That's the way he played and playing like that for a long time. Y'all asked him to clean it up and do certain things if the referee is not calling it this way to play, Draymond, you poked.
Speaker 3: The bear and then the bear got going and put up a nice game and help his team win. And then you want a bad talk I'm talking about he don't deserve another chance.
Speaker 1: That was so that was some clown shit.
Speaker 3: After the game, KD said Steph is top five ever, I mean that boy was cooking. What I mean Steph Curry, the way he continues to just take the not not even shock nobody. I mean we expect it from but the fact that he continues to do it on the biggest stage at the most important time. Is he a top five guy jack or does he? If he's not, does he have a chance to be top five when he's done? And will he be regarded as the point guard of all time? There's some older players.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a Magic Johnson fan, but talk about Steph in his greatness.
Speaker 2: I look at it like this. We talked, Okay, we definitely putting Braun in the top three, top five, right, We're definitely putting Braun and not some slop people got Braun number one. Steph has won the most in this era with Braun in it. So how could you not put him there? You see what I'm saying? Like people got they always looking at this stuff in real time. I live in a real space. I don't think I don't live with hypothetical as I live in real time. Right, and we're talking about Steph Curry the whole day doing his career and the way his career was looking at the championship he has, he has one more than Lebron. So if we're gonna put Lebron in that category, how can we not put Steph in that?
Speaker 3: I think that's the argument when people trying to say, like who's won, and they say M James's main thing was he kept a lot of greats from not eating a lot of greats from not getting an opportunity to get those rings.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So you know, I think they moved the bar and raised the bar and moved the goal posts every time we talk about the hierarchy and what they consider it. But I definitely think that Steph has a chance to finish top five all time. I'm not even mad at that greatest shooter of all time, continue to defy age games, incredible, still silent leader a dynasty run. I mean, I don't really think there's nothing bad you could say, All right, Jack, before we get out of here. I wanted to touch on one more thing Steph with and without Dre. While Dre was gone, stuff was at twenty three points a game. With him back, he's at nearly thirty three a game. His field goal percentage while he was gone was forty percent. Now it's at fifty two three part percentage thirty six percent. Now it's nearly forty nine percent, So that Draymond Green effect is real. These guys know each other like the back of their hand, and both very high IQ players. And obviously, and I've always said, because people this guy's got a Hall of Famer, he's not this and that this guy is the hard and soul of that team. And I'm glad that he's been able to use the experiences from the past to better himself and understand how important he is to this team. Obviously, he's not the same player he used to be, but still has a lot of the tank similar to Clay. You know, Clay would recently talked about possibly taking less money to stick there importance of in your opinion, Jack, keeping these three together for the duration of their career.
Speaker 2: I think they should, man. I think they have a chance to do what Tim, Tony and Genobli did man stay together for their whole career, building dynasty and do something special that most most guys don't get a chance to do in their career. I think it's smart for Clay, you know, I think he also doing some looking in the mirror where he's understanding that he still can play this game at a high level, but he's not the player that he once was, and he's getting older, you know, dealing with two major surgeries. So the fact that he understands that, take a little bit bit less money, try to win another championship or two before they leave. I'll ride off into sunset. Sunset is the best situation for him, and I think all those guys need to look at that and ride it out together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm mad at that. Words playing really well.
Speaker 3: I think six out of seven or seven out of eight games, I think they've realized that Looney and Draymond can't necessarily play together. I think Looney coming off the bench in the emergency kaminga.
Speaker 1: This team.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want to see this team in the first round if I'm one of them younger teams, because it ain't gonna be sweet, it ain't gonna be easy. Jack buyouts after the deadline, Well, these buyouts are trades.
Speaker 2: Are both trades. Denwid, it was a buyout, Denwood, it was a buyout.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Jack, we're gonna just gus some buyouts and some trades and and and what we feel like these people can do.
Speaker 1: First of all, Pat Bev to Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: I love that. I mean I love that because now he could be that voice. Dame Is is a great player, he's a leader of that team, but he's not a vocal leader. I think to have that toughness and Pat Beverly being there, you know, another voice in the locker room sometimes when when when Doc can't get across to the guys, He's something that they definitely need.
Speaker 3: I like the Pat Beverly acquisition. I think they made a mistake letting PJ. Tucker go because I think he was that guy for them when they did win that championship. Obviously, Yanna Jannis being Jiannis and being the best player on the team, you always need guys like Pat Bev. So I'm interested to see what he still has in the tank. Dallas, you know, obviously, considering who they are playing, look really good.
Speaker 1: With PJ.
Speaker 3: Washington and gafferd they needed some more size. They went out and got Gafford and than PJ. Washington are a really nice young player.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think they can make some noise. That's what both dog Bus Johanovich and Alex Burg with they're not mentioned, which I also think could be a key piece to them to the Knicks.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that.
Speaker 2: Burke was there before. I think Bondanavia Yeah, this is a this is a great pickup because you know, I love Julius Randall, but you know, I just think sometimes when people key on his left hand, he disappears, you know, when they game plan against his left hand and make him go right. But Bondanavias can score that thing in the heartbeat, shoot it, he can pass, and he's confident. So with his experience, I think that that makes this team a better team in Eastern Conference right now.
Speaker 3: I agree, And again, Alex Burke is someone who will give you thirty but also sets them up, you know, to have some assets and and and picks and and and be in a situation to catch a superstar next year. You know, it'll be in to see what kind of superstar can come in and fit in that dynamic. But they're they're lining themselves up the right way to be able to add that one more piece, because I feel like they can fuck around and make it to the Eastern Conference finals. I think that's how well they're playing. And with the talent they have, but I still feel like they need a piece and I think they're lining them h suffer for that piece. I mean Broun to this team right here, I would say that's a championship contender. There's no question about it. You know, any really any any good team that Brown goes to as a championship contender, but definitely that next team. So Lowry to the Sixers gets a chance to go home. I don't know how much Lowry has in the tank, but always a very smart, high IQ guy that knows his role thoughts on that move.
Speaker 2: I think it's just good for him to go home. I don't think the team is good enough where you're going to get the best Kyle Lowry. Not saying Kyle can't still play, but Kyle is the guy that is the is the thinker for the team. He needs to be on a good team where he can orchestrate, run the team and lead the team defensively and in the playoff style away right, He's not the guy just to be there or what the Sixers are now not having Big Fella too, who knows what this Sixers team going to be. So if you're not fighting for a championship. If you're not a playoff team. Me knowing Kyle Lowry, you're not going to get the best out of him. But it's good. It's good for him to be at home.
Speaker 3: Then withity to the Lakers, he gets to go back to l a another guy that can put the ball in the basket. Definitely not mad at this move because you get him for the low as well.
Speaker 2: I just want to see him do something bro like. I mean, he's been around, he's been to scoring a lot of places. But you know what I'm saying, just I want to see him make an impact somewhere meaning luckets Yeah, but you know what I mean. Off the court, he's one of the smartest people in the league. You know what I'm saying. We all know that. But on the court, I want to see him make a difference on some team. Yeah, he scored a lot of points different places. He's one of those free thinker type of guys. I want to see him make an impact on the team in the playoffs and the championship or something like that so he can gain his respect.
Speaker 3: Last, but not least, Gordon Hayward to a young OKC team. I think if Gordon could stay healthy. I still think he's a fourteen to sixteen points game scorer. With that young team, I definitely think he can help them out in ways. Snoop and master P Jack then trying to play our folks. You know a little bit about this story, but the headline is, you know, stupid master P, you're gonna suit post who first and for almost tried to buy the Brotest brand and respectfully declined in Walmart.
Speaker 1: They're up to some funny business. Jack, talk to me about this.
Speaker 2: This is what they're doing. When you walk in stores, you see you know, all the serious Kelloggs, Cheerios, all of all the major series, and when they run out, you know, basically soon before when they're at the last two boxes, they make sure inventory comes back and fills it back up. Well with with Snoop and Masterpiece series, Snoop Loops, they hot right now, and we're supporting our people and everybody as soon as they put them on the rack, we bind them to support them well, to deflect that, to stop them stopples from supporting them so much. They're not They're not restocking the ailes like they do with all of all the other major brands, so they make it so when people come in and looking for them, they're staying there. They're out. But if you go on the back, shout out to my my boy b Macfly for making the video. When you go on the back, you see that this loads and loads and palettes palettes of Snoop Sirius sitting back there. So what they're trying to do is controlling narrative and try to stop Snoop and Master people from winning. But I'm glad his eyes on it. I'm glad that people like Bmacfly bring this to the attention because we are S's what our people and that's what we're supposed to do. But y'all see how they still in control the narrative. If we're not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty four, man, people not going for it no more. The bullshit is going to be exposed Jack. This Thursday, Dan Levatar drops. You also got a chance to go out and spend some time with him and Poppy in Miami. You guys shot something out there. But again, excited, shout out him and John Skipper. Really excited to be in partnership with Metal Lark. Interesting, dude, you know, we got a chance to get to know each other on different levels our trip to New York, but you know, definitely excited to be partnering with them.
Speaker 1: And good episode we have with him too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a great, great episode with Dan. I think he's somebody that you know, me and me and you had a relationship with before. He and he's a very intelligent guy. You know, he looks at everything evenly. And I love to have a partnership with him. And like I said, I've realized that we have more in common than I thought, and I think our relationship is growing.
Speaker 1: Day shout out to the middle Ark team.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: We're off to Indie, your former stumping grounds nearly twenty years removed since the malice? Are you looking forward to us getting back out there real quick? Before you answered, I remember we went to Indiana not too long after you got traded. Maybe you took the whole team in the basement. We blew it down to go to the whole Golden State team. Remember that we all went to your credit as the cost of living out there in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Boy, Yes, sir, because I just I got traded, but I still have my house there, so we took full advantage of that. But I'm happy to go back. Man, when I get back, I'm not ever talking about the shooting once I go back this time. If anybody asking me about it, I'm gonna say somebody, but I'm never talking about it after that because I've talked to people from Indiana, I've talked to some of my teammates, and I've talked to people that that's actually that was there. I've heard three hundred different stories and all I remembers me get hit by a car. So therefore I don't even want to talk about it. I almost died, so I ain't gonna talk about them. But I'm glad I could put that to rest. But it's gonna be It's gonna feel good to go back because with all the bullshit, I got a lot of love there, you know what I'm saying. I got a great relationship with Donnie wash with the team owners, daughters, and the city. You know, besides that one incident, the city loved me. So it's gonna be good to get back. And we got a great chance to catch up with Mike Gipps, you know, while we're out the shoot. So I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, definitely got some good shows coming down the pipeline. It's gonna be cold as shit, but we're gonna be out there representing. So definitely looking forward to getting out.
Speaker 1: To All Star.
Speaker 3: Also Talent Talent Talent announcement, we got some stay tuned to, we got some new talent man under all the Smoke Productions. We're gonna be introducing our new roster soon. We're not just a podcast no more when we're out here doing our thing on the business side too, so some great acquisitions. Excited to share that with everybody, but Jack Good Show, I will catch you next week. You can catch this on DraftKings Network and All the Smoke Productions YouTube