Speaker 1: We say, if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame, come in with last and come in with you love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 2: What's up? Tests?
Speaker 1: Yeah you know she raised shout towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna laugh, cut h and kick it in at the end.
Speaker 2: We leave it with just a list of spirits. But you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks say it's left old folks that we dig it good. Hey, no, plea, do what you do? Y, No peas, do what you do? Cain, No pleess do what I do? No please? Good pea.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, this is comedian Sam Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Left and Learn. Today is Wednesday, May the fourteenth, twenty twenty five. And if anybody got a four hundred million dollars jet that they want to give me because I need a new place to live, I'm glad they take it. Since your president did, how you doing, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good? Text where if you're bad. What are you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get a four hundred million dollar jumbo jet, the Luxury in the sky headliner from you, so I will have somewhere to live.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let me wheel it out. It be like a match for cars. Do they do they make? Do they make one fifty bowing aircraft or whatever?
Speaker 3: Listen, we're gonna get to that story. But I was just in Standing Rock, North Dakota, as well as Hankins in North Dakota, at two different casinos with Tiffany has and Barbara Carline while we're on tour. Great time. Oh my god. The people in North Dakota at the casinos were so wonderful, so kind. I met all kinds of people. But Babbia, we have been talking to you and I talk offline all the time, and I told you, living as a trans person in this right, in this climate now is serious that I've ever known in my life. And so I met this young trans couple in Standing Rock, North Dakota, a trans woman and her trans man boyfriend. And she came up. She was standing at the table and I was like, how you doing. I noticed her staring and I didn't even know she was a trans girl at first. She was a big woman and she she says, oh, I just I'm just staring at you. I said, you want to purchase a fan and she said no. She said, can I speak to you? I said, of course. She says, be careful while you're here. I said, huh. She says, I'm transming my partner and it's very, very dangerous here because of whatever is whatever hate is being spewed. She said, they live in a really scary claim. And I said, well, girl, I'm only here for the overnight. I'm leaving this casino in the morning to go back home. But she was like, just be careful walking through the casino because you just never know what somebody is on. And it brought it all back to realization to me, Bobby that what I say, I haven't really experienced, but I could feel it. But to have somebody who identifies like I identify it to come and tell me that, it really made me held my head like this, Bobby, like I need to see all angles around me because I don't know, and I hate that the hate is come from the top because those people down there, that everybody came and talked to me, were so friendly and so pleasant. I took pictures with Republicans and they told me they were Republicans and they voted for Trump. But I took pictures with them. They purchased fans, So I don't know, Bobby. It is very scarchy and they's very scary. I just wanted to share that story that you know, how we are living in this America right now.
Speaker 2: It is a scary time for so many reasons, financially, safety, just so many reasons. And I think you do. I think you have to pay attention. It was nice that she said that I would have been going potty up in my room. I wouldn't even bothered to go unless there was something in the dressing room. So I feel badly for them because I know that I come to a safe state. You go to a safe state, But this poor couple is stuck somewhere. I'm assuming they weren't traveling, they lived there. Yeah, it's a real fear for them, which is just it's unfortunate, and today's in twenty twenty five, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: And you have to think that if that's their story in North Dakota and so many other red states we've been to. How many other people have those stories? Not even just in the Red States, because it's not like Republicans only live in Red States. They live everywhere, you know. And I'm not gonna say Republicans because I know some great Republicans. I'm going to say people who support the BS that Trump is spewing, People who believe in that foolishness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hateful people, closed minded. Yeah, it has nothing to do with political parties because there are plenty of trans people who are Republicans as well. So it's not party.
Speaker 3: This is so the trans woman asked me. She said, you're not afraid you don't have security. I say, knock this wig off. If you want to intrigger the nigga, you will see my security. Yeah, she's well out laughing.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical. I heard. I heard Tiffany Hattish. She was howking it not this week and last weekend? You would see you had put the clip up and she was talking about you and Barbara and just saying how professionally you are both out and your great and she said you have a dual service as your her security.
Speaker 3: Joel, she said, because that he she we got my back and she knows. I do, Yes, I do. That is that is the executive producer. I showed my boss and my friends, so yep, I surely will. And if you want to meet the devil you kissed me off, you weld them, Sure meet him? Did you know? Did you know?
Speaker 2: I think are you and Godfrey doing that thing a few years ago? I think it was during COVID when you were just getting back into the into the clubs and stuff, and you were just messing around with them. Oh my god, that's hysterical.
Speaker 3: I was done. I got a lot of backglass rather behind that too. It's so crazy. We were just from the from from a bunch of trains, Like, are you making a mockery? I was hanging out with my comedian friend and we were cutting.
Speaker 2: Up so silly, that's yeah, that was It wasn't a up whatever.
Speaker 3: That is a re climate that we live in right now. Anyway, let's get to the real ny greedy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, cutter is not just in seck repellent. It's also a country that gives away flying palaces with nine bathrooms. Could you imagine I would be timpling all over the place. I would I would, you know, I'd have a little a little fool of of TP on my on my belt and run from potty to potty.
Speaker 3: I can't even that, Bobby, I am. I am intrigued to see the inside of this jumbo. I really am. I really want to see what it is. I know it's lavish and laid out, you know, it is, it's pretty.
Speaker 2: John Stewart had it on the Daily Show. It almost looked like, well, you're you're looking for a new home to live in, you know, when you go on to like Zillo or any of those real estate and they have the rooms, and that's what he had. He showed a few pictures, and it does it looks like, uh, it looks like you know what, it's one of those a stupid movie that shows about lavish private plane. That's what it looks like. You know, all mahogany walls and it's got multiple bedrooms on it. And I just don't it's I'm so conflicted over it. I don't know if anything will ever happen with it. But of course we're talking about this, We're not talking about the stuff he's not getting done. But it is, it is, it smacks of of of everything. It's still distasteful. What I'm really stuck on is that he wants it for himself. He's going to use it while he's in and then for his library. I said to you earlier, what forgat librarian or people who go to a library need one of these big boeing aircraft's. What do they return in the books? Make sure you're in on time.
Speaker 3: You just said that he you conflict that you thought there was distasteful to her? Would it being distasteful? It's unconstitutional. It is a conflict of interest. It is y'all went at the Clarence Thomas and I don't defeated Claus Thomas in the least, but taking lavish trips and gifts from foreign leaders. This is the head of state. This is the highest office in the land, the president of the United States. Excepting a gift. Of course, there are strings attached. Of course they are strings attached.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's doing all sorts of work. Do you remember the first term when when Milania in her light blue suit, I thought it was lovely met up with the Obamas at the door and she gave, I have no idea a box to missus Obama, and she kind of took it because she wasn't expecting it. She didn't quite know what to do, and she said she wasn't even sure what it was because they don't even get to open the gifts. They can't keep anything anything you give, and even even if it has to be under twenty dollars in order for one of the presidents, the president to be able to keep it, this is a four hundred million dollar vehicle. Not to mention, there are two different things that I'm also stuck on. The cost to retro fit it, to make it air Force one. It'll be tens of thousands of thousands millions excuse me of dollars the taxpayer will be paying. Is that money going to be seized back over to us or sent back over as it goes off to the library.
Speaker 3: No, it's never going to a library.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it doesn't. It doesn't make any sense. But I mean, that's number one. And then it's funny I heard I've heard it multiple times, but I just heard Alyssa Griffin say on the View this week that because she worked for Pence, for people that don't know her, don't remember she was one of his aides, she said they weren't even allowed to take a pen from anybody that wasn't within the country, you know, whenever they traveled or whatever. Because they assumed that there's surveillance devices and listening and all this. Even in a pen, that huge monstrosity of a vehicle, they could take something. So what do you can take every single screw out, examine it and put it back. It makes no sense to me. It makes no sense. Bill Riley on News Nation last night on the Chris Cuomo Show, he sort of said a workaround for it. I think it's still distasteful. I think it's disgusting and it shouldn't be done. He said. The only way that you could kind of work around this is because one of the problems is Air Force one is thirty years old. On Trump's watch. I think he gave them I think he said it was four billion dollars four two for an air Force one and for an Air Force two, and it was supposed to be in by this year. They came back and said, oh yeah, no, there's no way we can do it. Maybe by twenty twenty eight. Did they send the ball? You know when I usually when you get a service from anybody else, they give you your money back until they can actually do it. He prepaid. I don't understand that, but he said, O'Reilly said that what he could do potentially is to say, we will borrow it from you and give it when our seven forty seven, when the new Boeing's come in in twenty twenty eight, we will give it back to you. We will basically rent it from you. And that's one of the only ways you could get around it.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you another reason why it's not going to be ready no sand sooner, because he fired so many of the damn people from from Bowel and Boo Woo, so there's not enough employees it probably skilled workers to even make a new air Force one.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a problem that you're exactly right. That was one of the top things. They didn't have enough skilled people to be able to and they knew that the last administration that they weren't going to be able to meet their deadline, which is really poor form of Boeing, because Boeing should have set up front. We loved the four billion. They were probably in some sort sort of financial whatever and needed the money. We love it, or just give us a deposit first, you know, like when you have worked on your house. You don't pay the contract to completely upfront for it. You take a little bit of money and then you know on delivery it's whatever. But they should have said this no way. You know, it might be pushed out, or we could do one vehicle whatever. But this is this is not this is not even his own.
Speaker 3: I want to jump on down Trump's throat, but I can't because here's the thing. He's only doing what they're allowing him to do. Hell, Obama couldn't wear a transsuit and Michelle Obama first Lady, Michelle couldn't wear her arms out without their skin falling off. And they have pushed that. Not only have they pushed the envelope, they've created new envelopes to burn up right in your face. And y'all are like, oh, okay, well it's okay because it's him, it's not okay. But until somebody pushed their foot down and says that it's not okay, boy, he's going to keep on creating envelopes him of his administration.
Speaker 2: He is. And I think one of the other we've talked about this on multiple previous episodes. I think we need and we the Democrats need to get right on board with it too. We talked about Nancy Pelosi doing the stock trading and whatnot. If somebody needs to actually put it into a lot because it's you know what, it's distasteful and we don't like it, but it probably isn't illegal. They need to make all this stuff illegal. You can't benefit if you are going to be in office. Of course, what shot Congress empty out as well as try to get a try to get a president in. But you can't benefit and your I mean, they do say that your business isn't supposed to benefit if you're if you're in office. Trump has Boeing. Now they have some sort of cutter is now ordering from Boeing. There's some sort of deal there. I don't know if if the administration is getting a cut of that. He's doing work in that area. He has the Democrats somebody as some group wants to is protesting and they want to go over my lago and say like the counter lago or something, you know, because he's got businesses over the area. He's got a Middle Eastern golf club and blah blah bla blah blah. He's got a ton of.
Speaker 3: Stuff all over there, and he's profiting and according to to sources, him and his family since Descever have of it. And this is only what they've reported, two hundred and nine billion dollars. Now, mind you, that's only what they're putting out for us to know. I'm sure there's all kinds and I'm not sure because I'm not there, but allegedly, I'm sure. Let me say that correctly. I'm sure there's all kinds of bags of dealers going with the tariffs and this, that, and the third money is just coming in hand over fist for them.
Speaker 2: It is I you know, I have never I haven't gone on to this website, you guys. I haven't had an opportunity. But Chris Cuomo talked about last night that there is a website that you can see when there's stock exchanges for anybody that's in Congress. It's called Quiver Quantitative. He said, you can see everybody. In two days. Nancy Pelosi they made five million dollars, and then Marjorie Taylor Green and they went down. It shouldn't. It's not illegal. They're not doing anything wrong, but it's certainly distasteful when you and I aren't for by to these stock tips prior to like they are and we can't jump in on it. It should be you know, it should be for all, not for the few. No wonder why they don't want to retire because they're swimming in money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they getting over like that rates on a on a free Coney Island hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Ye, that's exactly it. I mean, even even Trump going over, he going to the Middle East, his Middle Eastern, his person, you know, a fourth trip. He says, it's going to be Now, these these trips are supposed to be diplomatic, right, You're supposed to be go warming and shicking hands and and hatting people on the back and saying things are going to be okay and we're going to get through. He said, Oh no, it is deals before diplomacy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: His Middle Eastern trip, you know, he's he's uh, he's taken all sorts of restrictions off of Saudi Arabia that was on. Hell, we'll we'll see he's only at the beginning of it still, you know, or not, probably at the middle of his trip. Now, let's see what kind of miss gus he gets into or that we're kind of stuck.
Speaker 3: With and the herd part is you said the taxpayers us are we're going to have to pay for it. When this is the man who it has been proven that he clearly does not pay, not even not his fair share attacks, but not even a portion of his fair share attack. He paid seven hundred and fifty dollars and made billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: It's true. The only thing I think that he does that sort of admirable is like the pope who didn't take a salary, took a one hundred dollars a year salary. Trump doesn't take a salary.
Speaker 3: Of course a year for he makes that permitted Oh.
Speaker 2: That yeah, I think it's four. But but that doesn't make it day. He doesn't need it. He doesn't need that poultry sum of money when he's got he's got so much other stuff coming in. But he's shaking hands with some really people.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna know. And the leader of the of Qatar, now what is he? The chikh he was allegedly involved in.
Speaker 2: He supported hamas they did all sorts of all sorts.
Speaker 3: Of what was the twenty eleven nine one one of course that he was a part of that. Oh my god, And you open shaking hands and talking about, Oh, he's an attractive man and he's a strong guy. I think Trump is bunkers. Let me just say that. That's my nice word. I think he's bunkers. Well, I don't think he's crazy enough. He's crazy like a fox because his fox, his foxy ass, got the people so dazzled and mesmraz and bamboozo that they fall for everything. I don't get it, Bobby, I don't.
Speaker 2: He is, he's got the he's he's along with the Syrian president. It's Ahmad al Shahara. I'm sorry. I have to look at it because I hate pronouncing people's names incorrectly. But he's linking up with him. And he was a one time in Surgion with al Qaeda, who who imprisoned US troops for several years. And he's over there shaking his hand. I mean, you have to get along somehow, but I wouldn't be whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't they have a new policy about when you leave the country, if you're not American, you can't come back. Isn't what Trump born in? Like uh Paduvia. I'm just I'm just throwing the name out there and making up shit.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, his wife asked him. Now he's here, he's Scottish and German.
Speaker 3: I think is everything you said though about that that that playing Bobby, because it could be as miniscule as a screw that you think is just in there to hold the plane together. And it's a camera, it's the recording device. And you know, he's free by the mouth. He says anything any time. So all the secrets that he looked allegedly that he hasn't sold or gave up will get told. So yeah, I hope that the government, the big wigs in charge, shuts him down on this. I hope they say it's an absolute if you take the plane, then you have to step down as a president.
Speaker 2: And he's also got to think of But I don't think he thinks this way, or he's too arrogant to think that anybody would harm him. But it's not him flame. There are hundreds of people on these, on these with him, and it's all and they have to go for their jobs. They're they're the press, they're the people running it. They're you know, other senators and Republican not Republicans and senators and congressmen that are trying to get some work done. Don't put them at risk too.
Speaker 3: If I was, if I was one of his employees, until I saw that planes pilat three or four times, it would be quite a few pt O. You'll have to call the in today player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta. But even then, because they're people who are who really want to harm us. They're stealthy like a fox as well. You know that nine to eleven they had. They're showing the Saudi's who came over to case the joint basically two or three years before in setting it up and selling those pictures and stuff. So it doesn't mean it's up two or three times. It's okay. They could wait another year and a half, or wait just during mid terms or something that will really disrupt our elections and then and then whatever. I don't even want to put it out.
Speaker 3: There because I don't want to put that Bobby dropping rig columbs. You're giving clues, you giving ideas. I love it about that Bobby ricks y'all ideas it is. It is.
Speaker 2: It's scary stuff. I mean, it's really it's and in the Middle East is so he's over with Iran. He's trying to make it clear to them that they're not getting any nuclear deal. That's great, uh Israel. So the good news is the one American, the young man who had dual citizenship, he was born here. Yeah, he was born here, I believe in New York. At eighteen, he went over there. I don't know if his parents were born here and then came here or one of his parents. He's got dual citizenship and he went into the army over there, so they kept him. He came home, which was great.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was in.
Speaker 2: Israel has targeted jimas and you know, they're trying to get to the head and get to the head of the snake and cut that off. So there's been some military strikes there. Hopefully that will but one of them was on an a hospital and I'm like, oh my god, you're gonna be kidding me.
Speaker 3: I was glad to see that. I was glad to see his mom was oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, because she saw all the people who didn't right. These people have had to I'm sure they're like a community and she has seen it all happening in real time and the fact that she got her her child. Look at the other young American boy about the same age who had during a strike glossed the arm, and then they still went and executed him before they were supposed to send him home. And his name is I'm embarrassed to say his name is going without me. I could see his face Claire's day. But we're in scary times over in the Middle East, so it's supposed to be diplomacy over deals, not deals over diplomacy.
Speaker 3: Listen. They had escorts for him, Bobby, when he I watched it on the news earlier on World News, and my baby David mull you know, I love David Muller, and he had Tesla escorts. So the cars that were escorting him were Tesla's, those big monster trucks of our test. Everybody's hand is in this pot, and everybody is profiting, but the American people, and most of American people that voted for him are the ones that are not profiting. And on that note, we're going to take a commercial. It's tragic, Bobby, and we're watching this and people are hungry. Food prices are outrageous, the price of Listen, you can go to the grocery store with two hundred I promise you. If it's a family of four, it might ask you three days it might.
Speaker 2: Yes, I came home last night, no joke, five bags. And the reason there were five bags was one of the bags had eggs in it. So the little kid, God bless him, that's all we put in the bag, just junk, snacky crap. And it was one hundred and fifty three dollars. I did get one of the little roaster chickens, but that was four dollars and ninety nine cents. It wasn't like it was a lot. So And it's going back to the Middle East Afghanistan. The administ Trump administration is cutting the aid, the humanitarian aid that goes over there, but he's also talking about getting rid of the people that just helped us to get through this war. That if they go over, they'll be executed as soon as they get off the plane. He's looking to he's taking Afrikanners. I guess Musk must have a little bit more influence because he's also from South Africa.
Speaker 3: R Africa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got fifty nine of those coming over for whatever reason. It's funny. I thought that the Afrikaners the Dutch when and they went and settled, they stole the land and we were miserable to the people that lived there. I didn't realize that it was the other way around. The president says of the South African president Rama Bosa, I don't say that ten times fast. He said, that's a bunch of boloney. There's there's new rules and regulations that are happening, and these fifty nine people out of the whole area. Some people are just compliant, like I'm just compliant. When a rule comes, they don't like the rules. So they're now saying they're at risk and they're whatever. But they supposedly their land is being stolen, and I'm thinking stolen are taken back.
Speaker 3: What's my question, Bobby, how many of those fifty nine African and South Africans paid and how much did they pay?
Speaker 2: Each got? Now you're onto something and who.
Speaker 3: Did they and who did they pay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're onto something.
Speaker 3: About own something or onto something both. I was so lady to see the mom. The mom said that we're talking about the young man that was free eating, who was free. His mom said that she was going to hug him and just continue to hug him. I thought that was and this is when you know, whatever people think about racism, and love is love and family is family. Because that's any mother would have had her son, any race, any religion. This is what y'all have to see. We are all the same people. Y'all keep making the differences. The skin color might not be the same, but we're the same damn people. And y'all keep allowing somebody who is not even like y'all, because y'all Kendrick Lama said he's not like us. He's not like y'all. He is extreme, he is exactly, and y'all let him tell y'all what to do. Some of y'all stupid. They say that. Let me repeat that stupid. Let me spell it for you, s tvp UID. I spilled it wrong because that's how you see it.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what I thought was funny. So when Trump was I'm like, is he talking in the third person? When he was talking about he wants to reduce the cost of pharmaceuticals, which every president in the world has done. President Biden got bless him, was lucky enough that he got ten drugs negotiated and got the prices down. Trump is going to do it a little bit differently.
Speaker 3: He tried.
Speaker 2: He tried to do this the first time, it got hung up. He couldn't get a past. He wants to do it based on what other countries pay, because you know, people the United States pays more for drugs than anybody else because they think like we're the wealthiest. But he is going to make provisions for He wants to pay what other countries do, not necessarily countries who were very poor. We were just talking about Africa. There were African countries they can pay lower. But anyway, he wants to get this done. I am sure you saw this flame. But he starts talking about I have a friend, very fat. He's a neurotic businessman, very successful. He's going on and I'm like, he's talking about himself. And then he said the guy was had to buy a fat drug and I told him it's not working for him. I think he thought he was a comedian. He's trying to take you a job too. He said that he was able to buy it's eighty eight dollars out of the country because he was he was had business overseas and when he's home, he has to pay thirteen hundred dollars. So he kept going on and on and on, and I'm thinking, I think he's talking about himself. Absolutely, so he's so I like the idea of it. I think Bernie Sanders is probably you know, going crazy for it. It is ridiculous. I don't like when the elderly have to make choices between what they put in their mouth for food and what they put in their mouths to take care of their medical conditions because they don't have enough money, you know. And if he gets this done, I, you know, I will say hats off to him. He's done something that that actually is for the people. It'll make him look good, but it'll also it'll also do for for our citizens, especially our marginalized citizens. But whenever I heard him saying that, and then I'm thinking, I don't think he and Chris Christy speak any longer, so I didn't think it was it was him, But I'm like, who is fat? That we know that he kept he was dying and tell us who it was.
Speaker 3: He just takes so he used the word fat, and he's not being accused of being a fat shamer. And they're not having melt down and are not all on the internet saying, oh my god, he's Oh what really? Look you see how selective outrage? That's called selective outrage.
Speaker 2: It really it is. It's it is selective outrage. He also wants to so he was doing the drugs. But his what is it? His big beautiful bill? Is that what he's calling his his budget? There, you know how they weren't going to touch Medicaid or Medicare or Social Security. They are going to touch Medicaid. They're going to touch it. It is for it. I don't understand why they're bothering because it's for such a teeny tiny group of people. They're going to they want to get people who should not be on it backworking, so it would be for unemployed, no dependence people, and that's who they want to remove it from. It is less than eight per seven to eight percent of the one hundred percent of Medicaid. That's not everybody, that's just the Medicaid populate. It's such a tiny little amount of money. They did it in Arkansas. Hockeby Sanders did it in Arkansas, and it's over a ten year period and she had eighteen thousand people who were cut. But so how much did you actually save? Because people, let's remember I'm in healthcare even though I'm unemployed. Right now, I'm putting my plug in those people aren't going to go out with go with out care. Excuse me, They're going to go to the emergency rooms, which is the reason we gave them the medicaid to begin with, because they mock up the emergency room with the cold when they should be at a pediatrician's office. And who pays for that, for the for that visit? You and I do? We pay for it. It comes to our taxes, that comes to our higher premiums, et cetera, et cetera. So you know that was a little disappointed. I'm like, well, that was disingenuous. He told us he wasn't touching it, and he's touching it a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Money, and that's going to affect unfortunately, because I'm not laughing at you, but I'm hope because we pre warned you guys what was going to happen. That's going to affect so many West Virginians in Kentucky exactly. Yeah, those people who are up in there who believe all the rhetoric that he said, voted for his foolishness. And your families and your mother's is on oxygen tanks and machines and woo woo woo, woo uh that that's what it's going to get Jiggybobby, because they believe it was Obamacare and this is that. And the third it's going to affect them because those people need that insulin every day. They need their insullin every day they needs. That's going to affect these people because there's going to be their parents, if not themselves. And they realized, you've voted against yourself. Damn, you're stupid, stp uid. I'm spilling it your way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're You're exactly right. I mean Obamacare Affordable Care Act. People, they did grow Medicaid, but they did it to keep people out of the emergency rooms. And it's not all given away for free like people think it's all for free. No, there are people who you can buy a cheaper health insurance than if you went into going into the marketplace that if you went to try to purchase it yourself. It's a way to get something that's affordable. Not all depending on the states and stuff. Not all of them are great plans. Unfortunately, here in Massachusetts we have really good selections. I know in Calis you guys do too. But these lower red states and that's what That's what Mattha Ratics was saying this week on this week, and that's what Chris Cuomo was saying on News Nation this week. He said, the people who are going to be affected, it makes no sense, like you said, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky, all these these low income states in comparison to US elite coastal people. You know, they are biting themselves off despite their face, and they.
Speaker 3: Keep thinking that over all the diseases, all the sicknesses will stay in those areas. Those people travel. You travel on the plane with those people, you travel on the bus with those people, you travel with public transportation with those people. If it offends one, it will snowball and effect all of us. I don't understand why people don't get that, because they think it's always going to stay in that rural area. No, it is not. There is some kind of way that you it's only six degrees of separation. You will encounter somebody somebody somewhere at something in a time in your life, and.
Speaker 2: You do, and it doesn't have to be even less. So I'm going to go back to hospital finance. Right, It doesn't mean necessarily you're even going to get their disease. But if they come up here on a bus, on a plane, in a car and they get sick here from Kentucky to Massachusetts because they're visiting family, or they come with they have bad kidneys to begin with, and now they wind up in my hospital. They're not paying the bill. They're going right back to Kentucky, and they're leaving me with a two hundred thousand dollars bill that's never going to get paid. So it's all, you know, there's many ways to look at it. That you know, there's many, many, many lids for the for the pots here, so it seems absolutely crazy that they're doing this. But unfortunately that was one thing I also saw. It's I feel like we need a section that's like who got hired this week? Who got fired?
Speaker 3: Before you move on to that, since we were talking about as we were talking about medical and stuff, I want to talk about RFK Jr. And these bad scenes he said today on the news. It showed today. I don't know if he did. He yes, they said, I don't think that you should be taking medical advice from me. That might be the most brilliant statement that he has ever made. Period, and I hope y'all heard what he was saying.
Speaker 2: I saw him in something for two seconds today and they weren't talking about that. It was he could have been talked. It could have been at the hearing that he was at discussing. But there are so many protesters everywhere that he goes, and so many protesters in general screaming and yelling my god, I thought he was going to hit the deck. He seems so startled by the people screaming behind him that they were kind of hauling out. He's not being well received maybe by the administration, but not necessarily by his constituentsin citizens throughout. So I don't know if he's got big plans to run again himself, although I think he's going to be seventy at this point, but I would be so I don't be so confident.
Speaker 3: And thought that interview, and I don't dislike him as a person from the interview that I had with him everything, But I see everything that he told me was the ball faced a lot. But listening to him is quite painful, and I hope y'all don't take that the wrong way. But because of whatever that is that he has, it is painful to listen to him speak. Bobby, it looks like the words hurt coming out of his throat. It does.
Speaker 2: He's a real politician. I'm sure that he's been taught well, so he's probably very charming man, but he's a real Like look what he even did. He sold his soul for power. He went against his party and his family fight. They have the deepest roots in the Democratic Party of any family that I know. He went against them and then ran as an independent. And when he wasn't going to do that, he hops over and now he's on the He's on the Republican side, but not the Republican side. They don't mind that on the Maga side, you know, like like a puppet, that's what he more. He more seems like to me he has hearts of him that he will speak about getting dies out of food, et cetera, et cetera. Everything that really that Michelle Obama I really wanted to do. I was trying to call him Missus Obama, Tonitans and elevator. But hopefully you know, now people think he's a second coming in Christ and he's so smart, and I'm like, we just heard this just you know, eight years ago.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanting to take my hats off. My hat's off to China, to China's leader, but standing up against Trump's bullshit, and those those Chinese tariffs are right back where they were under under President Biden's watchhing, no needle move, nothing changed. He just distracted y'all from him getting a four hundred million dollar flying palace that y'all gonna pay for. Oh y'all damn sure gonna pay for it, because I'm telling you right now, they're going to It's not that they're going to allow him to have it. He's going to do what he wants to do. What did Vice President Harris say? Unhinged power is what y'all have given him.
Speaker 2: He is. I mean, I think China should have like so tariffs. I don't disagree with his idea of tariffs. The way he's doing it is so hurtful and harmful. There's a way to do it. I don't know what that is because I'm not a politician, but to cry wolf and watch the whole world go on fire, that certainly isn't the way to do it. I think there's only a hold for ninety days, right, or a roll back we'll see what happens. I mean, certainly one hundred and forty five percent seemed excessive. Let's see what they agree on. They should be paying something because they have a weak economy and China and we are their main consumer. They should be helping us out. But that said, it could be delivered a lot less different if you're trying to make friends with them. This isn't the way to do it. I just don't. He's a disruptor and he just you know what it is. It's classless. It's all classless. I just don't. This isn't the way we operate.
Speaker 3: And it's so disappointed that wasn't one of the job require me. Yeah, I don't think that he had to check that off Bobby when he figured out the application to be president.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, but I think I think it should be. I think you have to act. One of the things that we loved about Joe Biden when he got back in is we felt like, oh he was presidential. He knew who's back to pat He knew you know, he just he knew how to because he was fifty years in politics. He sort of know how to do it. So you know, at least I never felt unsafe. Did I see him aging? I did see him aging. That doesn't mean it just because someone's aging doesn't mean that they have mental inconfidence. You know, because there's a new book coming out Jake Tapper is uh, he's got a co writer, but they're talking about how they he had had wear sneakers instead of shoes at times, and he had to have handrails at times, and.
Speaker 3: Also came out today and said that he thought that he would have went he went at a president by wrong. Was shifted the way American people saw him. So I'm telling you right now, they tapping you right, admit all of it, because that's the same thing that happened with what was his name, Kuomee not quote Komi right before Hillary Clinton in the twenty sixteen line. You come out with the bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about. But what you did was you shifted the way people saw this did and it was only two or three days out. You shifted the way people saw that. To apologize, but this is not even a do over. These apologies are costing us. These mistakes, I'm sorry, are costing us lives, homes, livelihoods, relationships, hard and campaign. Damn, sure's costing our wallets because we're not part of that top two percent that is alchoeiled balling out. We're the ones that's holding up the balls. And I don't like orange balls, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much, And we don't we have to remember with that. So you're right, but we haven't, to be honest exclaim from what I'm hearing all the economists on the show say, we haven't even begun to track or feel there if there's going to be a recession or if economy is actually going to shift. Because with the rollback you were just talking about of the tariffs with China, the stock markets soared a thousand points, and of course it would because that's people are so uncertain. They don't know where they're going to get our people, they don't know where in our manufacturing companies, where they're going to get their goods, where they're going to this they're going to set pricing all that jazz. So but we have it. We also don't have the data. So last week we discussed I think it was one hundred and seventy seven thousand new jobs were added, but that data isn't really from April even though we call it April data, we call it it's really from March. So remember the day of Independence or whatever the heck he was calling that day was April second. So we don't even have those number jet to see how bad the economy actually is and what the job market actually is. So you know, we're gonna have to wait another month or two before we see what's actually going on. And usually they said it is two months before you're well into the recession, for solid two months before you even realize that it's happened. So he keeps trying to brag on this thousand points and how the economy is finally turning around and bibitty bobbity booth, but that's not necessarily the case. So you know, he made a comment last week that you don't need two hundred pencils, you can get five, and you don't need thirty dollars, like any one of us ever had the money. You had two girls, could you imagine having the money to buy thirty dollars? You might only be able to buy two. Listen to that. He's telling you to kind of hold your money. You don't want to not spend completely because that will force a recession, but don't be overspending or doing big purchases that you don't necessarily need. That's what I'd be saying, because we don't know what it is yet. By summer really.
Speaker 3: And speaking about job with jobs, I want to we want to hear at left alone. We want to give out big shout out to all the FAA operators, all the people who are working over there, because so many planes and so many hiccups are happening in mid air on the ground and you know, somebody said, oh, it was only out for ninety seconds. Do you know how detrimental ninety seconds is when you're thirty thousand feet in the air and you're responsible for two hundred and fifty people on the plane, not just the patrons, but the employees, everybody. It is crazy. They are so many cutbacks, so many people getting fired unnecessarily without qualification, and then you're having to bring them back. Bobby this I travel a lot that is always scary. Every time I get off the plane, I thank the pilot for a safe flight. I think the pilot I.
Speaker 2: Love that, And know what I agree with you? Ninety seconds? Do you have many planes are put up in the air that could potentially crash or whatever. In ninety seconds, you could have twenty of them. In fact, something else another story. It's going to tie into this, and we can go back, because you were saying about positions that were being that were being cut. There was in there was a story that I put in the noteses I'm precedented drop. Right now they're saying the lowest in five years of overdoses. Uh, you know with a fentanyl and bah, so it has it has been totally reduced. But with all of these federal cuts, all of that progress is it's in jeopardy. You know, the people who were working on it, the federal employees that were working on collecting the data, arresting people, you know, putting it's all or treating people. It's all in jeopardy. So I'm like, oh God, on one hand, you make too. You take two steps with one forward right and then four back with with what's going on in the government right and now and losing these positions.
Speaker 3: It's crazy dis respect of firing these people who are overly qualified, not only qualified, but who have earned these positions in a job right like like the Library of Congress, what's her name by it? He just fired her.
Speaker 2: Oh, he just fired her, and she's gonna she had a double a double way on her. She was a woman, but not just a woman, she was black. And I'm trying to Kyla Hayden.
Speaker 3: Yeah yes, and uh, you know people want to say, oh no, no, no, no, no. This is the racism is blatant if you ask me. Now, I'm speaking from a black person's respective, So remember that, because Bobby will give you her take. But the racism is blatant to me because even all the ass kisses, the Candice Owens and even though she runs for president, running for politics, but the Tim Scott's and the the uh Byron Donald's, all those ass kisses got no positions in his cabinet nowhere. And they were cheerleaders for him, and they was on the front line cheerleading. And he's firing so many different black employees, including from the news media and everything because he has the authority to do that. Uh, don't you know he's.
Speaker 2: Putting in do you know he's putting in for the for the job.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me Shapiro because I heard that.
Speaker 2: Shapiro No, his former defense attorney of the of the hush money trial. What is his name Todd something Todd Blanche. I can't believe it. But that's what he's doing, that's what that's who he's He's she's putting up for that position. No Piero is. I think today she was sworn in for the d C attorney US attorney for d C. And let me tell you, not everybody was happy about that. A lot of people feel that she is.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot about her. She's an attorney obviously, and she's been in the public life drunk she I'll tell you what she is. She is. She she's like one of the movies you've seen, the character that's had too much boat talks in her face. You almost don't recognize her. She doesn't when she talks, her face does not move.
Speaker 3: That might be Scotch.
Speaker 2: Absolutely like it absolutely could be. But but yeah, he's putting Unfortunately he's putting. He's putting her in there, and he's putting Blanche in where Carla Hayden. And you know what's so stupid to me, it's so shortsighted. So she was in her ninth year of a ten year term. My guess is because you know he's physically responsible, so there are two things I want to mention about this in the lies being told. So the first is they probably had to buy her out, buy her contract out. So what did you say, You're actually costing money because you're going to have to pay somebody, you know, to Blanche a salary. That's number one. And then I heard Levitt, the Press secretary, and I thought, I don't know what. If anybody knows what the library or Congress is, google it. It's not a library that you go and you know, pick up I love you know whatever that Moon book is we used to read to our kids, or the Clifford books that we used to read to our kids. It is like a research library. It's where our politicians go, our law students go, probably journalists. You have to be eighteen years old or older to go. I think you can go at seventeen, but you need parental permission and they have to accompany you because the stuff that's in there, it's old. It's now you can. I am sure. It is the mac Daddy of libraries, and you can publy get anything that you wanted, not that they'd have it on but they probably could order it. But I heard Levitt saying that Hagen was on this DEI that's what she was pushing. Excuse me, and the kids were going to be affected.
Speaker 3: Bobby, you're so cute. You're so cute. You said that it's a library, and that this was not about her position. This was not about the money. This was about the visual that I have the power and I'm going to show you that I got the exactly whoever that this was about the visual because he probably didn't even know if it was a Library of Congress and this his second term as president, but this was about the visual that he could show everybody I can do what I want to do, and I can say you're fired, and you fire. That's what I truly believe. And I watched her. I've watched that woman speak. She's not bitter about the situation. She's not upset. Of course she was. Of course she was sidetracked. She was sideswipe with it. But when when you're black in this country, even in a position like that, and you know what you're up against, it's kind of like, not like a shock to us, Bobby, it's a shock to people kind of like you, because we like, oh, we know what's coming, and y'all have given him the power to do what he wants. And if that sounds racist, I'm not saying it in a racist way, but y'all know what the hell I mean. So we kind of like, oh yeah, I already knew it was coming, so I'm prepared for it, which is because we so used tobs and I see that this is why you were on that side and I'm on this side, and not that we're on different sides, Bobby, but you know, you know what I mean, No I do.
Speaker 2: I was because I was being like, what I really don't like is the being lied to. Don't tell us like it's like she's putting cord on the shelves. She's trying she's trying to affect. They're trying to shape the minds of the four year olds from from having porn and all that they're not allowed in the library. Asshole, don't lie about it. Say this is what I want. They also he also fined Sheer a perlmutter. She was the director of the Copyright Office. He let her go to another woman. Stupid, don't just lect the kids from watching porn. Not that I'll agree with that.
Speaker 3: When the Republican Party every time they go to an iron sea. They shut the porn sites down.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what they'll say.
Speaker 3: They'll say they're real freaky, but they're real freaky. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's trying to get he's trying to get rid of Habeas Corpus. You know, that's what gives us laws, you know, rules and rights. And the last time that it was ever the only time it was ever enacted where Habeas Corpus was removed and removed by a president and that's not usually done. People. Congress has to has to chime in on. This was from a blinking during the Civil War because things were so crazy and he you know, so we kind of he kind of put that in, but it's he's not going to be able to do it. But again, it's disrections claim. We're talking about him removing Habeas Corpus and we're not talking about Cutter giving him the four hundred million dollar plane or the stuff that he's not getting done. You know, other than the distractions.
Speaker 3: And gentlemen and America, y'all do understand that we are what four months being about? Is this four months?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And is the richer getting richer and the poor are getting poor? And the middle class is getting invisible. You have and you have to understand what part you played in this. If you voted because you were upset with somebody because of their skin color, people who hate other people because of the color of their skin are stupid. Let me spell that correctly for you. Tu p I D s t U p I D because you cannot hate somebody because of the color of their skin. Because and then somebody told you that, which is ridiculous. You grow up to find out that love is no color, Just like we talked about earlier with this woman's son came back from being a prisoner of war, all of our hearts melted. If you are a parent, if you are a brother or sister, a friend, you felt the same way. You didn't see the color, you saw the love. When y'all remember that, we'll get out of this crisis, but until then, we stuck in some bullshit, and y'all voted for it. Come on, Bobby, where we going? Because guess what laugh of line is fifty three minutes in and I'm ready to pull it out.
Speaker 2: That's it's safety first. Safety first, Go ahead, follow us on all social media platforms.
Speaker 3: Come on by, tell me what you were about.
Speaker 2: To say, Oh, I was going to say, where are you going? This is where I was going. I wanted to see where you're going. You going to the problem this weekend, but you're also in June?
Speaker 3: Are going where problem? So Tiffany had its just prom the adult promise this weekend in California. Go to she Ready Productions for the information. It's soul trained seventies adult thing. What do y'all see the picture? Nothing to tell y'all answer up? And then next month Dune the twenty second. I will be in at comedy in Harlem, two shows in New York. Go to the website or go to any of my social media platforms one row, Flame on Instagram, Flame, my Row, everywhere else and you can get all the information. Bobby, where can we find you, dear?
Speaker 2: First off, you can find me at Laugh and Learn podcast on Instagram. If you have ideas, if you have questions, if you want to send us anything, no porn, send it there. I am on Clifford Bobby on Instagram, I am on Bobby Clifford on TikTok and on Facebook.
Speaker 3: How about you send me the poorn?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah please? Oh sorry, I said my eyeballs almost exploded.
Speaker 3: I'm still on tour with Tiffany had it. So let me tell you guys something. Thank you guys for joining us. Here left a learned. We are on the precipice possibly and hopefully coming up on a season five. I will be on the Breakfast Club on June the I'm taking on June the eighteenth. It'll probably air on June the nineteenth, which is the weekend that I will be at comedy in Harlem. So you guys tune in. You know it's gonna be something. We're gonna try to get Bobby up there so me and Bobby can sit at the table together. We're gonna have a seat at the table like they did it, like they did at the last. But thank you guys for joining us. And here laugh a larn. No matter whether we are doing season five or not, the motto has not changed now and will not ever change. And I need you to remember this. Here is laughing learned or in your life. We're not trying to get you to change your mind. We're only trying to get you to use your mind, because why Bobby.
Speaker 2: Because a mind in your vote are a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: Whoa, and we thank you for joining us. We three episodes away from Seat to five. Y'all shake some, Shake some tele free and download us on our Black Effect Spotify, Apple, Amazon, or wherever you listen to your podcast. Have a great week, have a safe week, have a thinkful week, not thankful, but thankful. Peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, al right, Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn,