Speaker 1: Hey, I do Part two.
Speaker 2: It's your host, Jane Kramer, and I've got one of your favorite celebrity mentors here on the pod with me, Jennifer Fessler. And today we're diving into all the divorce and Chapter two headlines in the news this week, because there is a lot happening. Let's start off with these Mormon wives.
Speaker 3: Him my love, Oh you look beautiful, beautiful, you always look freaking beautiful.
Speaker 2: You all right, girlfriend, Jen, It's a pleasure to have you. I'm so glad that we are back together catching up and there's a lot to catch up on. So let's dive in first with all this Mormon white stuff. Have you seen all the headlines with in Dakota? And then they're the latest video just dropped too, from the incident.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is happening in h this is happening in real time. I mean we literally this happened five minutes before we just started recording. So yeah, unfortunately, unfortunately it.
Speaker 1: Was hard to miss. And did you see it?
Speaker 3: Did you see the because I saw one of the podcasters, Oh, Nikki what's her name whatever, like talking about it and they said, you know, I am not even gonna post it. You can go to TMZ if you want to see it, which I did, and so I was able to actually see the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Did you see it? I can't watch it.
Speaker 2: I given my d the whole DV background. I I I those things are super triggering, and especially I heard that the daughter got hit, and I just I'm like, I can't. I struggle with yeah, things like that, you know, yeah, yeah, I do know. So I'm glad. I don't know how many what was your from what what I was told, And we just spoke about this my podcast wind down to we were talking about he was saying stop and being like, this is what abuse looks like. And she just kept got him in the headlock, hurled some stools at him, and then apparently the daughter.
Speaker 1: Even which they usually are everything like they.
Speaker 2: Even Coda obviously sent this video because he recorded it.
Speaker 1: Well he's saying that. I think he's saying that he did.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, like to our listeners, this is happening in real time. I think he's claiming that he didn't or his rep is I don't know either way.
Speaker 1: It doesn't even matter because he.
Speaker 2: Probably sent it to somebody too. And then like you know, what I mean, because that yeah, yeah, and then that person probably leaked because there it's like it's been earlier she said about all of it, and probably from the last allegations of her choking him with the necklace, and then what she's saying that he was he was the aggressor in the car, and both things can be true, right, Like, that's the thing where it's unfortunate with the situation is, yes, he could have been the aggressor in the car, and yes she could have been the aggressor with choking him with the necklace, But what was your stance when you watch the video? Because I think when I watched the videos, all it was sickening, and everyone is going to feel this way. I think it was just the baby was the part that was the whole thing was sickening, and then you factor in the baby, and so that's like a whole different level of you know, just awful, disgusting, you know, just gut wrenching. And then so I watched the first season of Mormon Wives, and our producer Heather had reminded me that like the first episode that was when it was all happening, that she had gotten They showed her getting arrested, which by the way, was my and I just had also spoken about this. It always kind of rubbed me the wrong way that it just kind of went away, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what happened?
Speaker 2: And are we addressing the fact that abuse is not okay on both sides? You know?
Speaker 3: And if I remember correctly, that happened, but they stayed together.
Speaker 1: They it's been like back and forth. They broke up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm actually gether. They broke up, so they're off and on. Okay, yeah, they're off and on. So again watching the video.
Speaker 3: So watching the video is gut wrenching, and I'm really glad you didn't watch it. And also I thought, whoever accepted that final rose if that person is not running for the hills, I don't know how. I mean, I'm sorry now, I'm just thinking in terms of like TV and these are real people in real lives. So I don't mean to be callous. But I saw her also today or yesterday on the Today Show.
Speaker 1: She don't get more Americ excuse me? On Good Morning America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been on Regis. I'm sorry, not rags, Markan Kelly. She's being Morning America. She's been doing the rounds because Bachelor I supposed to air on Sunday, which from this now video, do you think that it should air so?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But also, and I'll tell you why. But I watching her on Good Morning America, I thought she handled it like a champ. Right now, I hadn't seen her.
Speaker 2: She said the same thing. I thought she handled it really well on the mark in Kelly.
Speaker 1: I didn't see her.
Speaker 2: Because she was basically just like all of my premieres have been ruined. You know, he's tried to sabotage my premieres, you know so.
Speaker 3: And I didn't hear her say that on Good Morning America. Okay, I heard her say more like this is I can't hide it. This is like the worst thing that could ever happen. And I'm still showing up. I don't and whatever she said, I don't, you know, I don't remember the words. But I found her personally. I found her sympathetic, right And now I am not jury, I'm not god. I only have though. Yeah, I just I'm coming right off of that video and it's just awful. And it feels to me like spotlighting that they said that she was. Didn't she get help when she went away for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: She I believe she went to some sort of retreat center. I know there's a place called the Hoffmann Institute, which I debated.
Speaker 1: Going to after my divorce.
Speaker 2: I ended up choosing on site, which is in another amazing place to you know, do a lot of healing work. And I was so proud of her because that work is some really hard work to go back and clearly she's had some trauma in her life. And you know, I don't know his story as much, but just from what I've been, just from what I've watched and learned about her, that she really needed that place. And so I was hoping that that place and then you know, with doing the Bachelorette and being happier and finding that healing, that she would be on the other side of it. But then to hear more allegations of that abuse again is sour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well so he they say that he was an addict, but I guess he was an addict. I don't know if he's said it also and that, but also Taylor's dad was abusive to Taylor's mom. I mean, this is you know, abuse repeating yourself. Dakota's right, so Dakota is supposed to be an or is an addict. I'm not sure, but there's always it's always I think he's in recovery, but it's always messy and awful.
Speaker 1: And I guess there's so many.
Speaker 3: Pieces of this right like, but the piece right now is that this show is about to air. And I don't know, I don't know how you watched this show with a smile and in a way that's impartial, and you know, it's such a fun show to watch.
Speaker 1: I love well, you want for people to find love. It's to see that.
Speaker 2: You know, when when you watch The Bachelor, the girls, you know they're they're a little uh who they are bond and I had their bonds and stuff. And then when you watch the Bachelorette, it's like, okay, these the guys and and kind of you know, seeing right who's you know, who's who would be you know, good fit for her? But right now, I mean it sounds like she's like a little you know, it's myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean it's like a little fairy tale, right It's like it's it's it's fun, and it's you're hoping that they're going to ride away.
Speaker 1: Into the sunset.
Speaker 3: But whoever took that last rose from her, we're already kind of like, how is that panning out? I mean it just so it's I feel like it's over before it even begins. But you know, who am I I'm this is I'm just just as a viewer. But I felt like when I watched it, and I feel like everyone else feel like this. It's awful. But the baby of it all was horrendous.
Speaker 2: And I think what's really sad about this too. I didn't know that she grew up in a violent household, but unfortunately, when you were a child of abuse, that is then ingrained in you to think that is what is normal, and that is the farthest thing from what is actually normal. And unfortunately then she's just taking on that pattern then for her children.
Speaker 3: Well, so she didn't grow up with her dad, I guess. But I can also say that I grew up with a certain amount of abuse as well, physical and I don't really talk about a lot, but anyway, but I've been through thirty years of therapy, you know, and I because God forbid, I repeat my childhood and I'm very proud of that. And I married the world's most gentleman. So there's also that, but I feel for her, I feel for there are patterns and everything about it is just sad. And maybe we judge, we should judge, maybe we shouldn't judge. I don't even know, but I just don't think at this point that I would watch the bacherette.
Speaker 2: Do you think if it was a man in this situation, they would pull it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's where I think it's not it's it's it shouldn't be a double standard when it comes to abuse.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I've also been talking to just people that I know in casting who say that, you know, she went directly from one show to the next, and I don't know, I don't know how extensive at that point, Like the background checks, there's so much when you go into a real at least for me, you tell me.
Speaker 1: But like when I.
Speaker 3: About the arrests though, I mean you know about the arrest I guess there wasn't anything else at that point. Yeah, But like when I got cast, I was not just a background check on me. I mean, my husband wasn't getting paid. They did a full background check on him and a full deep dive into everything we've ever done on Facebook and social media, and you know, so there is something.
Speaker 2: I do want to say about the divorce or sorry, that's the divorce. But the abuse side of things is that so many times it's the man is the abuser, but there are cases where the women where the woman is also the abuser, and it's not talked about as much because people just automatically think the man's the abuser. And I am by no means calling her the soul abuser by any by any means. But what I do want to highlight is a term called violent resistance. And it's something that I learned going through my DV story. When you are in an abusive relationship, nine out of ten women end up retaliating with violent resistance. Now then their abuser will say, well, you're abusive. But the violent resistance is a lot categorizes under a self defense, it categorizes under it at times. It's also when they want they want to fight back for themselves, they want to either regain the control. But that is where it becomes cloudy. And this might be this might be Taylor in that violent resistance mode because but it's hard when you watch a video where he's saying stop and I think that's where it gets a little hard because if he's saying stop, then she's not in immediate danger. So people will just think she's the abuser, but they don't they're not aware of the violent resistance piece of it where she has maybe because we don't know, she maybe has endured lots of violence from him.
Speaker 1: Maybe who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what are your thoughts about this from this was three years are coming out today?
Speaker 2: Well, again, I think it's the part where we don't know the full story. And that's why I want to bring up the violent resistance because I think if someone watches that video, they're just gonna be like, oh, she's the abuser. But there is such a big piece and this is where it's not talked about. And this is why I want DV to be spoken about more, is because there is that violent resistance piece of it. And again because we don't have all the facts. Again, I'm not saying what she did is okay, absolutely not, like I know that you're not like you are not no means am I using very clear of course, yeah, but like you should not put your hands on someone else.
Speaker 1: Having said that, within the violent.
Speaker 2: Resistance in an abusive relationship, these women feel like they have to fight back. Yeah, and what was the video showing before he recorded things?
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not saying it's okay.
Speaker 2: And my therapist I always say that it's like violence is not the answer. Having said that, when you are in an abusive relationship, and again, nine out of ten women end up going into that violent resistance And the problem is the woman ends up getting arrested because of reactions then because now he's rolling a camera, what was he doing before they came?
Speaker 1: Again, none of it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, like any part of it is okay, But there's also a bigger picture within what happens when you are in a domestic violence And so let me let me be this relationship.
Speaker 3: What if you spin that right and you say and or she also could just be this like that to who? Again, we don't know, because women can be the abuser to So that's what I was gonna say. So, how often when you see a man being violent do we say was he? Is there such a thing as a man also being a violent resistor?
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying with that. I don't know. I'm a percent I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but and you know, maybe you know what I mean. I don't know that situation, but we also know for you know, yes, they could say, well, a woman could just walk away. He's saying stop, he could have you know, he was trying to get away. Apparently it's from what this video is. And that's a good question. That's something you know that I haven't spoken to my therapist about that piece, you know. But in cases, yeah, I'm it should be the same way. But he also no, because he shouldn't. A man also shouldn't lay his hands on a woman, and again a woman shouldn't either. So in most cases it is the healthy yes, that's where it's like, but no, no hands should ever be on anyone, that's the thing. But if you are feeling like you are unsafe and you need to protect yourself, that is when it gets cloudy, because if they feel trapped or stuck, and there's a there's a whole list online about the different stages of why someone does the violent resistance, and you know, and again when you went in the court of law, it's it's really hard because they'll look at that video and go, well, you weren't in danger, so you were the you were the one attacking like they're happened to yesterday, what happened course, Like they're not going to take into account what happened the last five years in their relationship.
Speaker 3: They're just going to see her as the abuser. Yeah, And I also think that, let's get real for a minute. It's it's a woman that is, I mean, I'm even allowed to say that in this day and age, but more likely that the woman is taking the physical abuse. Sorry, it's just it just is. But I'm not saying it doesn't happen like in this case, and I'm not saying that a woman can't be the physical abuser. And I don't know if it's okay for a man to then develop that kind of resistance. It's all very ugly and complicated and sad, and I think you're right, needs to be talked about more, you know. And also I guess she was also, I guess she used to be drinking. She was a drinker back when it happened three years ago, and she's not anymore.
Speaker 1: And so Physis.
Speaker 2: In the context of intimate partner violence, a man can engage in violent resistance, which is defined as the use of violence in response to a partner's course of controlling violence when.
Speaker 1: Men are more while men are more.
Speaker 2: Often the primary per portrayers of intimate terrorism, Research indicates that some men use violent violence to resist, defender retaliate against a partner's controlling behaviors.
Speaker 1: And and and that might be what's happening.
Speaker 2: They're they're toxic relationship back and forth, like they both need to just co parent separately.
Speaker 1: And really, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean this is not especially since it's you know, even after the Bachelorette, this is still happening where they're still talking about his past and perhast people.
Speaker 1: Like in the.
Speaker 2: You should not be putting your hands on anybody, plain and simple. And something that I've learned is anytime that anything ever gets heated, we just have to you have to walk away. You know.
Speaker 3: It's you know, what's so funny, Jane, is that I don't even know if you watch Jersey because it feels like now it was one hundred years ago.
Speaker 1: But the finale of.
Speaker 3: The last season that we did, which was season fourteen, got violent, and so it did, and I the whole cast was a whole cast finale, and I just left and I got to look for it from my viewers because a lot of them just said it was supposed to I was not supposed to do. I was like hosting this luncheon with Dolores, and as soon as it got violent, my I just couldn't whether it's my own you know, past and and what I've I get very freaked out and I just couldn't stay. I was like, I'm not out of here, and I did. I got a lot of youer crap for it, like she leaves, you were hosting the lunch. That's your job. That ain't my job. My job job, it's not my job. Nomen take them out to get sorry.
Speaker 1: I have no interest in that. Yeah, none, Well good for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying like if I make good TV, like all this is such a great it's not a great set.
Speaker 1: Abuse it's never a great TV. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like that is where like, uh, it's being physical. That is not something that our children need to see. That's not something that we need to witness or do to somebody else to the respect level. When you have to grab someone, hurt someone, push someone verbally physically, that is not something to get viewership for. And if that's something that ABC is going to keep on, that just shows that they are feeding into this really awful narrative that it's acceptable and it's not acceptable on the side, whether violent resistance or not, like there is you should not Like again, do you have to defend yourself one hundred percent, like defend yourself to get out of a situation if that's you know, the case. But it's not something where you should be highlighting or saying that behavior is okay, because it's not okay.
Speaker 3: I agree completely. Do you think that ABC should call it off?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think I hope they do, just because if not, then they're wanting to see the viewership of the And I'm proud of the girls for not filming The Secret Life and being like, you guys need to figure this out because you're just enabling a situation that is not healthy and is not safe for anybody. It is like DV is not something to joke about, to get viewership about to It's just not at all. And if it was a guy, they would have shut it down immediately.
Speaker 1: We're on the same side of history here, and it is a guy too. It's a it's this is the thing. It's not. I don't think it's just one person.
Speaker 2: I think it's the both of them are in, you know, a toxic cycle that they have to step right outside from each other.
Speaker 3: The other piece is even if you which you can't. But I'm just talking like hypothetically, even if they were together again and there wasn't violence, So how are you going in through a whole season knowing that they were unless they were just exchanging kids, I guess or something. I mean, I'm just thinking of like the logistics of you know, after you get the final rose, then you're kind of what I know about it right from what I'm just a viewer, But you're isolated. You go somewhere, you can't talk to anyone. I think that your kid would be brought to you. You wouldn't go hang out with your ex who you were in an abusive relationship with. I don't know, the whole thing is just a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's sad. It's really sad because there's kids involved. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't obviously never saw this.
Speaker 3: I knew she'd been arrested, but I didn't really know all the details. But I've been asked before just in talking about pop culture, like out of all the Mormon wives, I was like, I always liked the messy girl, Like, I just think she's so cute and she's so all over the place. And you know, I didn't know her past. I wasn't judging like, oh, she had been arrested. I guess I didn't even at that point factor into it. I just thought she was just a little bit of a hot mess and I'm always drawn to those people.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so I liked her.
Speaker 3: I liked her in Good Morning America when I watched her two days ago.
Speaker 2: There needs to be, yeah, a lot of a lot of healing work done though, and yeah, separation from them, and if you know anyone called the National Domestic Violence Hotline at one eight hundred seven nine nine seven two three three hard. Turn now to the brutal reason why Keith Urban's daughter Sunday snubbed the singer. So Keith Urban Nicole Kiman's daughter have reportedly fully taken their mom's side after their parents' divorce. Sunday recently snubbed her father in a new interview in which she gushed over Kidman and failed to mention him. Sunday called Kidman her biggest inspiration in life and a key part of everything she does. An interview with Elle, in which Urban reportedly took issue but felt a numb too. They've made their own choices about their dad, a source claim to the outlet. Kidman isn't like that Keith hasn't tried much to make things better. In their eyes, the girls have always been close with their mother. They are her everything. A source also told the aule Of that Sunday and Faith are hurt and angry on her behalf following their parents split after nineteen years of marriage. There's some resentment against Keith. If they are blaming someone, it's him, not her, they said. Urban is reportedly worried about his relationship with his daughters, but it's hopeful that I will turn around. He's hurt, but he feels he can patch things up. He doesn't blame Nicole, and it doesn't seem like she's alienating them from him. You know, I feel like when kids are that age, at fifteen seventeen, they're like, I was very aware what happened in my parents' divorce. I was thirteen years old. I understood that what happened happened, and it was never my mom saying your dad's a bad person. I made up for myself what I thought it was. And now my dad and I have a great relationship, but that was a relationship that just took time because of the things that I witnessed and I saw and I felt as a kid, and I think in those years that's a really tough age. And as well, I went to my mom and that too because you want to protect your mom and you see, maybe certain things I'm not saying Keith did any bad.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Again, we don't know anything right from our own personal yes, But I just make up from my own personal experience that why I gravitated towards my mom. I believe that again from what I saw.
Speaker 3: Well, my parents have been divorced seven times between them, so it started at a very young age, right, And like I was three and my sister was two and my mom my mom and dad divorced and there were lots of horrible stepparents.
Speaker 1: But that's for another episode.
Speaker 3: But anyway, and there was a ton of bad mouthing on both sides, and I, you know, for me, like mommy was just mommy. You know, she was my safe place at least when I was very young. And but I never ever like, you know, I wanted his love so badly, and it was never like there was never a choice. Really, I never felt like I had a choice, you know what I mean. I was always just kind of juggling defending one or defending the other. Again, I mean I was very young and then so but with my kids. I think we've talked about this before, but I was separated for a year and a half and now we got back together.
Speaker 1: But you guys are good now. Yeah, it's like a miracle.
Speaker 3: Well we look at it her like I wonder if it would have ever if it would have ever been this good, you know, I don't know, Yes, Well, but the thing is when it happened, I've had so much trauma in terms of like my parents and divorce and step whatever, all of it. So we not never once in that year and a half did anything to say anything but wonderful things about the other. Like I was more conscious of it because I've been through it. He had a his parents were never divorced, and they were wonderful to each other. But I remember once he was in the car with my kids and Rachel, my daughter called me on speaker and started complaining and Dad, whatever you know, I don't remember the exact whatever it was, and I was like, honey, you dialed the wrong number. If you want to complain about Jeff Fessler, you find someone else to call it. You have the best father, and so you're barking up the wrong tree.
Speaker 2: And I think parent parent alienation and co parenting is I think one of the worst things you can do for that child. And again, I'm so grateful that my mom didn't do that. Again, I think kids are smart enough to make up their own minds. But and it sounds like, you know, Nicole isn't alienating them or saying things, and I think it's but I have known people that speak so poorly about out their exes to their kids, and I have some how it has affected and I believe that's that's a form of manipulation. And it's not like do I love my ex husband. No, do I want to say certain things the kids like, I mean, sure, but I would never do that because like, for example, I was just talking Jolie called me the other day at his house because he redid her room, and I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Daddy gave you the best room ever.
Speaker 2: And it's like I want her to feel safe, loved, adored by her father because he is a good dad, you know, and he he loves her and he's showing up for her, and so you know, I want you know, do I get frustrated at times because I feel differently in certain situations? Sure, but like that's not for them to take on my feelings about my ex. Like all they need to know and feel is loved, supported and safe, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and why God bless you, like good for you. Clearly you have put the work in because I.
Speaker 2: Just know the effects and I've seen it from like the first time of like how I they will when they're older, they can make up the assumptions they like, And I don't want to manipulate how their relationship is gonna look. That's not fair, like just because oh I want to look like the better parent, Like no, like they'll know what happened in our marriage eventually, but like I want them to be like, yeah, but my dad loves me and that's all that matters, Like it's between us. Shouldn't then influence them?
Speaker 3: And well yeah, right, most of my friends who are going through or have been through divorce, they're not able to do that.
Speaker 1: So kudos to you. I have a lot of.
Speaker 2: I'm grateful that my kids were young when we got divorced, because I don't know, it would have been a lot harder because I had been like dad, you know what I mean, I probably would have gone off the rails. If they were maybe a little older, maybe you wouldn't have a lot.
Speaker 3: But like I say that you wouldn't because you did not you know. But like I I've had a lot of friends and a lot of people that they're in the process that I know that I know now and that just can't help it.
Speaker 1: Yea, and they get they become so incurable their father is not.
Speaker 2: Paying for Yeah, Like I would never tell my kids that. I mean again, they're not old enough to listen to my podcast, but like, yes, I talk about my resentment of having to pay child support, But never would I ever say to them, well I have to pay your daddy for years, because I'm like, then they're going to think, oh, negative of their father.
Speaker 3: And that's people don't even understand how much that takes to hold back. I mean I think that I it's so funny we have two different situations.
Speaker 1: Like I grew up with parents.
Speaker 3: It was a it was a shit show and they both had horrible things to say, and it was every time, and I felt like they were angry at me when I would go back, and you looks like you grew up and your mother specifically was so wonderful.
Speaker 1: Well I knew what my dad did.
Speaker 2: Again, I she didn't have to tell me, you know what I mean? I tell those things where it's like I again in these this situation, but between Sunday and Faith, it's like they're old enough to know and have seen and witness things to make up their own mind. And like my mom didn't want to like alienate us anymore. He his actions alienated us enough, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean my mother took adulthood to then men not and I took, you know, being in my late thirties to go mid thirties to go Okay, what were you going through at that time that made you did that? And to have grace and compassion. But that took years, you know, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I never I never had the courage to get mad.
Speaker 3: And my dad about any of it, and he denies a lot of it to this day.
Speaker 2: But well, all that age because they didn't do therapy they're not the ownership and our age is not right, not.
Speaker 3: Any Yeah, but I mean I was there, Like I remember him calling his soon to be wife. But you remember cousin Linda from the wedding cousin. We all got a cousin Linda, all right.
Speaker 1: We all got a cousin Linda. So I was old enough to remember that.
Speaker 3: But it was a situation where it was bad and with anyway, the point is, I am very impressed with the fact that you've been able to hold back in that way when it comes to your kids.
Speaker 1: I hope that.
Speaker 3: And I was heartbroken when these two split up. I always love Nicole and Keith.
Speaker 1: I know I was. Actually I was so sad, I know, so cute, but you know what we never it was behind closed doors.
Speaker 3: Isn't it weird that, Like I think back to like her and Tom Cruise and how those two kids. It looks like, I mean whatever, just as a just as a viewer or whatever, that they went the way of Tom Cruise. Maybe because of scientology, I don't know, but it looks like she kind of lost those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't thought it is. It is very interesting. It's very sad, But I would.
Speaker 2: Say and think about to help your kids with filling your resentment to their you know, to them.
Speaker 3: Meant, look at Brad Pitt and Angelina and now all those kids. I mean, I guess it's a very hard thing to escape, you know. And kids are allowed to have also their own feelings when they're old enough to have seen it like you were and understand the way it all went down.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you know, there's there's that.
Speaker 2: And I also have a lot of listen going through a divorce, especially if some if you were wronged by this person, which you're when you get divorced, someone's angry at somebody, clearly because you're you're divorcing. But there is also, again so much grace for the fact that you have that anger and that resentment, and nobody will fault you for the time that you've maybe said one or two comments out of pure frustration, you know. And again that's why I'm saying, I'm glad my kids were younger, because I who knows, you know, I might have needed a buddy then to be like, God, your dad is such a lov you know what I mean, Like, because I wanted a friend and I sometimes you know, we think of our kids as friends at times, and they're not in those situations, you know, and they shouldn't be your ear and you're counter part in that because that's you're talking about their father and that's not okay.
Speaker 1: So hopefully Goldberg, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, Big Goldberg says after three divorces, her sex life now consists of hit and runs. I don't know why, but the headline just makes me laugh and it's so funny. And I'm also like, yeah, girl, like it's a hit and run when she needs it. You know, she's she's seventy years old, you know what I mean. Like she's clearly you know, she says, uh sorry, she's didn't hesitate to relate. She said, I bar hop, I go hang, she said, prompting co host Joey to ask whether she personally missed that chapter of a life. She goes, I'm single, Goldberg seventy replied, I do hit and runs when I need it, but I'm not married to anybody and I don't have responsibilities. And listen, I mean, good, Onya. I think it's hilarious and I think it's great. And when you're seventy, I mean, she's like, I don't want to live with anybody. She added, I have lots of people that I love, but I don't need them living with me.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be sleeping with them.
Speaker 2: And I I think it's at seventy.
Speaker 3: Whatever, I think, whatever I will give, she could fuck whoever she wants to.
Speaker 1: I think it's all good as well.
Speaker 3: I think that for me, I don't think that I would be looking for a hit and run at seventy. If Jeff and I divorced, I'm single tomorrow. If I'm getting with someone, it's probably more for companionship. I would want to have somebody, you know, where everybody's different.
Speaker 1: She wants to be alone. I don't know if that i'd ever.
Speaker 3: Get married again per se, but I think what I would be looking for is more of companionship. Yeah, companionship a best friend. And who knows, maybe I would be bar hoping and hitting and running all over the place. I don't but yeah, I'm not. I don't have that in me now for my husband, who I love. So I don't know that i'm you know, I mean, I whatever, you understand what I'm saying, like I'm not. I don't get like, oh my god, I got to get it going on tonight?
Speaker 1: But would be good for hers? Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, and I'm at this point in twenty twenty six. It makes you happy, it makes me happy, so good for her?
Speaker 2: Have you heard of alpine divorce? So men are ditching women during hikes and over twenty five million people are deeply disturbed by what is being called an alpine divorce. Something extremely unsettling has been circulating around the internet and if you're addicted to scrolling you might have seen it. People are calling it alpine divorce, so not an officially coin term, it describes a situation where a man intentionally abandons his female partner during a hike or outdoor trip without a phone, water, or other resources. Conversations about alpine divorce can be found all over social media, and one woman's experience caught the attention of over twenty five million on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I alpined. That's called being a douchebag devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: If there is a situation where maybe the person feels unsafe and they want to be in public when they speak out about, you know, being like, hey, I don't want to be married to anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be with you.
Speaker 2: Or this if they maybe feel like they're in a situation where they don't feel safe. That is the only way that I think that that would be.
Speaker 3: I say this is they're describing this this term as a situation where a man, yes intentionally a female partner during a hike, maybe he feels unsafe. I'm giving him.
Speaker 1: I'm giving him a little and a lot of grace. I'm giving a lot of.
Speaker 2: Credit, my friend, just thinking maybe if he's in a bad situation.
Speaker 1: Stan with you on this one. I don't know, just take a call, okay and say give it something.
Speaker 3: John's something you John thrown at the top of a mountain, see you later, good luck.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm just thinking from like I've got Dakota and Taylor on my mind right now, so I'm like, like I'm safe or something, and like he just wants like, you know, you're just not.
Speaker 1: That I am. I think he's a douchebag. To have a douchebag divorce, that's what we're going to call that. A douchebag divorce.
Speaker 2: Jessica Alba and Cash Warren's multi million dollar settlement revealed so one month after the producer moved to finalize his and the Fantastic four actress divorce proceedings. A judge officially has signed all the documents. This this divorce made me sad because.
Speaker 1: They just also also a couple of divorce.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just yeah, it made me sad. They they they And this is the part two where it's the okay reading about the settlements. I don't know, maybe because I had my settlement all in the page. It just makes me, honestly feel a little uncomfortable, even being like, all right, he's got a pay or five thousand experience.
Speaker 1: We know, yeah it's.
Speaker 2: And then it also just makes me sad too because I remember when I signed my divorce papers. To this day, it's like doing our parenting plan. Seeing our kids' names on the parenting plan. That was that gutted me more than the price that I had to pay pay him. Like even though yes I still have resentment over the amount of child support and the payment, it's the fact that I had to see there's sweet little names on a piece of paper and having to divide like that was the part that I'm like, this is so, this is so sad, and this is so emotional and so hurtful and so personal. And then yeah, now it's public information and the people can see that, and it just makes me I don't know things like this. I'm just like, I don't want to see it. I don't want to know, Like, let that be, let that be private.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I yes, number one, I agree, I think it is icky. The only thing I will tell you is that when I read this specific the specifics of their settlement, it sounded like it was they're getting shared custody. There are looks like everything down the middle besides what was the money that they made before the marriage and obviously after And it sounded like he got they sold the house, but he got the money for it.
Speaker 1: Sounded like.
Speaker 3: That it was I don't know for sure, but that it was it had been awful, but still they kind of split things right down the middle.
Speaker 1: They're both the kids. When the kids are on it, it seems very kids are right.
Speaker 3: Like when the kids are with one parent, that parent they trust each other enough that that parent make the decisions on the healthcare unless it's an emergency that you know, they and I guess she had said something really positive here.
Speaker 1: She said something I guess recently.
Speaker 3: Here's so a colorful past year filled with connection, growth, adventure, laughter, piece, sisterhood, transformation, rebirth, joy, and so much love. So that's unusual, right, and sending hugs to everyone going through it. So I hope from what I read, and you obviously never know, but it sounds like that they are working together, and they're gonna work together when it comes to making decisions about these kids and trust each other, which is not easy, right, No.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 2: Scott Wolf addresses reunion with ex Kelly Wolf their kids a mid divorce so as the former couple moves forward in their divorce proceedings, The doc star addressed a photo he shared with his X and their kids. While I would never have wanted anything to have been made public, I guess I just it just felt like our family deserved to have things not just sit in some kind of awful dark place in terms of perception. While the work we're all doing is really the only thing that matters, it has been made public, he continued. While it's impossible to go into any real detail about much of any of it, I love all of these four people, and all of those four people love each other, and that's what matters. In fact, Scott was so sure to emphasize that. In the photo at the music park, he captioned it healing. Scott and Kelly navigate their new normal since they had broken up after twenty one years of marriage. Hugh Scott of abuse and child endangerment amid the proceedings of fifty year old slam the allegations, calling them entirely false and disturbing. There are some significant challenges that are making our situation incredibly difficult. It's tragic for all involved, he had said. Although her claims are completely baseless and incredibly dangerous, the worst part is that they are traumatic for our children. I hope that anyone who might speak public or publicly or report on such things will reconsider, will consider this before spreading any further information from a clearly unreliable and completely compromise source.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I think it's again so sad when things get said that aren't true, then they're made public. Then there's certain perception, and people sometimes will only read just that headline and then have that perception of that person for the rest of their Internet scrolling life. They'll be like, Oh, that person did this, but then they don't know the context that he didn't do that or this didn't happen, And the fact that he shared this beautiful photo just shows his love for him his kids.
Speaker 3: Well, is the implication that they're trying to work things out or just they showed a nice photo. Again, you're right, what you just said is absolutely correct. We don't know the details, but what I did read about was her going a little bit off the deep end and that it got very, very contentious. So this is feels like a very happy moment. The fact that they would even be in a place where they could pose like this with all of them together, because it did not sound good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it's showing a lot of grace on his side too, because if that isn't true, the fact that he's read I still love you and I know maybe you were going through something, and that just shows his heart and agreed. And then again his love for his children, which we've touched so much on about keeping that relationship one separate from your own internal frustrations with your partner.
Speaker 1: So plus, he's so damn cute that Scott Wilf. I just I just love him.
Speaker 2: You're too young, you know, like, oh no, I love he was great. I loved him.
Speaker 3: I mean I just loved him, and I felt badly for him throughout this whole thing and for her, but you know you do sometimes you don't have all of the details.
Speaker 1: But I thought this was a beautiful agreed. There's a lot of headlines to get through.
Speaker 2: We hope if you're going through divorces, this helped you to realize you aren't alone and if you need someone, I need some advice on how to navigate life in chapter two, call or email us all the infos in the show notes.
Speaker 1: Follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast.
Speaker 2: I do Part two, an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective. Jennifer, it was so great to see you, catch up with you.
Speaker 1: I adore you. I just I think you're amazing. A great chat. I appreciate your friend the same. I think you're great. Tell your daughter, I said, Hi, I will