Speaker 1: It's nine O G one.
Speaker 2: With Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. It's another episode of nine two A. OMG, you guys, and OMG, I just want to let you know. It's eight am here in California.
Speaker 1: Early for me.
Speaker 2: Amy sugar Bean not a morning person. Everybody we know.
Speaker 1: Too, It's like the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to make you it up so early, but I got things to do. Amy. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry. Toys sick. But she'll be back so soon.
Speaker 2: I hope. So geez, because this was a big episode to miss. I mean, this is this episode this week is is uh well, there's no other real way to say it, real stinker, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I'm so hoping you didn't like it because I love every episode and I.
Speaker 1: Hate this. Oh thank god, it's just dumb.
Speaker 2: I happened to I happen to know. I can speak on behalf of Toy that she too would hate this episode.
Speaker 3: So question number one, do you remember filming shooting it? Because it's so different, do you have any memory of it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Man, I was stone old time. I was tripped out on LSD and you guys, wait, wait, wait, I just want everybody to know we're talking about season four, episode twenty five, The time has come today, have a say episode March twenty third, nineteen ninety four. UM, give you a quick synopsis here, Brenda refuses to go to the to the Brenda refuses to go to the snow with the group. Brandon gets agitated, but Brenda becomes fascinated by a diary that takes her on some gurovy flashback to the sixties. Directed by Jason Priestley and mc gallanson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop it, sorry, Jason directed this.
Speaker 2: Right to burst your Jason bubble.
Speaker 3: But but okay, so that does sort of ring true because the other one he directed had sort of a funky tone to it too.
Speaker 2: Oh right with the with the guys. Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: It's like, so this had that same tone.
Speaker 3: So that sort of makes sense now that you're saying this.
Speaker 2: This had no tone. I'm sorry, this is so bad. I apologize on behalf of the Institution of Beverly Hills on a too for this episode.
Speaker 3: Literally, what I thought was like, you know how we're in a writer's strike right now, that there was like a writer strike and they had to bring in random writers who didn't know the characters and just were like, oh, okay, we got to write something.
Speaker 2: Well, it says here it was written by Mick Gallanson and Charles Rosen. So usually the EP on the show doesn't put his name on something unless he had to come in and fix it, I would think, or unless this was his brainchild.
Speaker 1: So I like Charles Rosen, but this is a terrible I love.
Speaker 2: Charles Rosen, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It just was you know what.
Speaker 3: It's My problem was, I don't even know how we're gonna recap it today because who cares. I don't care about any of these random people played by you guys. Like it was so like, what are we gonna go scene by scene right now talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's exactly what we're gonna do, because this is called went to it og.
Speaker 1: I need plenty of thoughts, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, so could it have been a WEE could go on the the we call Chuck and ask him, like, what the heck happened with this? It feels like because Chuck was a little bit older than us, you know, and maybe this was some some stuff that went down in his sixties experience in his real life. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe give me okay, And I'm sorry to like rewrite the episode, but like I think maybe I would have I would have cared more if it were one of your relatives that we were digging into, Like if you found the diary and it was your grandma.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Because my problem was I don't care about the random people that lived at the Walsh's house before they lived there.
Speaker 2: And can you believe the coincidence of it all? Keny Kenya disbelieve that parallels the parallels the sister and the brother living there in those bedrooms, and then what are the chances that the brother.
Speaker 1: Will works at the beach bit?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just too good first.
Speaker 1: Of all, and the peachment just had different shutters, so weird, and.
Speaker 2: Nat was Italian, like straight yeah from the country.
Speaker 1: Played by Nat.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, which one of these people is uh Joey or Bobby or whatever the guy's name was, and then you see a total rando picture.
Speaker 1: I just I hated it so much.
Speaker 2: Let's just I don't I don't know any other way to do this amy either them, just you and I shoot the ship for an hour or we go episode, I mean, scene by scene I.
Speaker 1: Have some things that we can annly. Okay, okay, so bad. Well, I would like to start about a highday.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. It opens basically on Steve and David right at the juke box baby and the peach fit, and this is them normal, This is them as Steve and David.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank goodness.
Speaker 2: You know what saves it every time? Is that smile as Steve Sanders.
Speaker 1: What Oh heck, Jenny, here's a problem with us. We share one brain, are you like?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, his smile.
Speaker 4: Get that literally, Iron Zeering has the cutest, sweetest, most charming, warm smile that that, to me was the best part of the entire Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was, It really really was. There's just that little glimmer of devil behind it that makes it even better because you know, he's just yes, capable of terrible things.
Speaker 3: But that's that's like I'm gonna We're gonna have to ask him one day like is that just his regular smile that's so charming or like did he perfect that smile for this character?
Speaker 2: Like, oh God, ask him. I have a feeling I've seen that smile all my life, so I'm pretty sure that's an eye and searing specialty.
Speaker 1: So the whole premise is so dumb.
Speaker 2: Going skiing again.
Speaker 1: Brenda just got out of the slammer and she's like.
Speaker 2: He went, Well, she doesn't want to go, but maybe she's bummed out because she was in jail and she's like, oh man, what am I doing with my life? I get that, Like she doesn't want to go just like skiing, and she's not feeling it. I mean, I think it.
Speaker 1: Would have been she loves Dylan.
Speaker 2: That was basically the only Like, is that why this whole storyline happened? Is this why this whole episode occurred, was to get that little golden nugget of information? Uh?
Speaker 1: Did she have mascaret tears? Like? Was she kind of Lauren conrading it in that bed with the crying with the mascarart and I just were tears. It's like so weird.
Speaker 2: Those were tears.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So they're going, they're going skiing. The group is going sane.
Speaker 1: Brandon's got a ski. He's all waxed up.
Speaker 2: He's waxed and psyched. I mean, not to quote him or anything, but to quote him, the skis are waxed. I'm psyched, Okay.
Speaker 3: I wish someone would go in and yank out all the dumb sixty eight stuff and just give me the scenes with the people I know, and just make it a fifteen minute you're talking.
Speaker 2: About you knew all of these people.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't like them, although I did like Brenda's denim on dena Did you see that? No, she was wearing like denhim shirt and denim jeans that looked very like current.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, as a sixties girl.
Speaker 1: Nope, this was still Brenda in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that's because they all come back around that.
Speaker 3: It was March when this aired, the end after sweeps, and I think they ran out of money and just had to like make this episode.
Speaker 2: You know what, they ran out of shits. They just ran out of shit, Like they just gave no shits anymore.
Speaker 1: I what about giggles and any just org none of that was either.
Speaker 2: I think everybody, although everybody got to go on vacation except the people like the one camera man and maybe the sound man because I saw his boom in the show a few times, and maybe think about hair and makeup person because of the wigs they had to be there. Okay, go ahead, do you want to talk about. Which wig do you want to talk about first?
Speaker 1: Well, first I want to talk about that Jason Priestley And like, this always makes me sort of cringy to say, what I had is it suddenly has a much hairrier chest than ever.
Speaker 2: Wait, when did you notice it?
Speaker 1: It was popping up out of the button down in what scene? Very early on? Where did that come from? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a very chest. I love it.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's never noticed it before.
Speaker 3: I didn't notice it when he was like, didn't we have a shower scene with him just like two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it just sprouted out. Maybe it just he hit that point in puberty when the chest hair sprang right out.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he shaved it for.
Speaker 2: The shower scene. Maybe yeah, yeah, he waxed that instead of his skis.
Speaker 1: And he's so mad.
Speaker 2: He's so mad at Brenda for not going on the trip or for just being Brenda. He's just mad at her. Everybody's mad at Brenda these days. Kelly's pissed it her last week, Brandon's a dick to her this week, Like, I feel like something's about to happen and it's making me very uncomfortable. Just make it happen and get it rip the band aid off because this whole waiting for Brenda's character to depart is killing me.
Speaker 1: It's a little rough.
Speaker 3: And so I also was wondering did they do this because it's very shn incentric episode.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: We knew there was trouble in Paradise, but then they give her this episode and she's actually fine in it.
Speaker 1: She's fine. It's just so dumb. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's fine in it. You're right. It really did not seem as if she cared that much to like give it her gusto, give it her all. But who would care exactly? Who really would care?
Speaker 1: So here's one note I did have.
Speaker 3: If this was today, this episode would be completely different because my actual thought was, all these people need to deal with Brenda's mental health, like she.
Speaker 2: I know, when Brandon says to her, I'm getting really sick of this or whatever he says, she's like, so am I regarding her like an unwellness?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no, we needed some action needs to be taken to help her.
Speaker 3: I wrote, I think she's depressed, which makes sense after this traumatic experience she's had. Both with Dylan, Dylan her best friend, and jail and everyone's just mad at her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, she doesn't make it easy to love her, like you know, you know that she doesn't make it easy to help her or want to be there for her because she wants to be alone and doing it on her safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah right right. I just want to go to the swap meet.
Speaker 2: Who wouldn't. I mean, have you gone? Jim and Cindy were going to the Pasadena swap Meet. That's a good one, you guys.
Speaker 3: All day, by the way, because they left in the morning and they came home and it was pitch dark.
Speaker 2: Oh who can do that? Maybe they went to have some dinner after or maybe a movie or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love that. Thy name the Rose Bull swap Meet a shout out that's actually like the very legit swap me.
Speaker 2: It still goes on every every month. It's the best one to go to.
Speaker 1: A bike ride and take a bath. I didn't ever know her to ride a bike, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, never seen her take a bath either. I always thought she was more of a jogger. Yeah, yeah, but take a bath, that's okay.
Speaker 1: The way she finds health.
Speaker 2: That's true. We should. The way she finds the diary, I know, don't get me started.
Speaker 1: Why would she do that?
Speaker 2: Well, you would, it's you can tell right away. When she sits on the bench, which she sat on a million times, but this time she sits on the bench, it's uncomfortable and some there's a bump under my butt, Like, okay, was it?
Speaker 1: I never noticed that bench in my life, by the way, Like I sat on.
Speaker 2: That many times, and I never felt a bump from a warp board.
Speaker 1: And she's crying it out, like she's.
Speaker 2: Like grunting a little trying to get that out. But magically the whole board just lifts out, and there she sees the dusty diary.
Speaker 1: Well first the orange bandana and the peace necklace.
Speaker 3: To establish to everyone watching, I think we're going.
Speaker 2: Back in time, maybe to the sixties.
Speaker 3: Then I felt like they started playing Titanic music, and I don't know if it was.
Speaker 2: Because I got I thought the same thing.
Speaker 1: Cut it out.
Speaker 2: I literally said to her husband, are we on the Titanic with this music?
Speaker 1: And I don't know if it's because we're watching it weird? Do you know, like it's not the original, it's gotta be. But like it's gotta be that can't be the right music, literally playing the theme from Titano. It was like flutes.
Speaker 2: There were flutes in that accompaniment. I called it out my Dear Diary. The voiceover.
Speaker 1: Am I mistaken? When she says, Mom, you won't believe what I found? And then Cindy's just like we out to the bestraw me. It kind of goesep, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have time for you, Brenda. Jim's waiting for me in the car I've gotta go.
Speaker 1: Doesn't even politely say what did you.
Speaker 2: Find or save that I'll be back in a few hours and you can tell me. Oh about it, honey, because everybody's hating on Brenda, even her mother. Oh but yeah. That voiceover was was rough because it just felt like she was reading like the phone book. She was like, dear Diary, Sorry, no offense. I just call it like I see it. If this was my character doing that, I would have said the same damn thing. It bored me from the.
Speaker 3: Gate beyond and also calling your diary diary in your diary.
Speaker 2: One was that doesn't know, don't they say dear diary.
Speaker 3: Yes, But then there's another a couple of sentences later she says, I'm having such a crazy day diary.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, maybe she met she had diarrhea and she just like, I don't know, make sense of it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if people are going to send us notes like I love this episode, an.
Speaker 2: I want to hear. I wish we could call somebody right now, or have somebody call us right now, which would be impossible, to just tell us why they liked it, Like, let please enlighten us, because maybe we're missing something. Maybe there are people out there that really liked seeing their favorite characters on TV dressed up in costumes.
Speaker 1: Shout out to TV Dinners. They got sort of a nice plug.
Speaker 2: That looked disgusting what they were feeding the family.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, and Mom, like Missus Walsh is or the fake Missus Walsh whatever is feeding TV Dinners.
Speaker 2: That wasn't Missus Walsh. I'm so confused. I really liked her perm though, but I tell you what.
Speaker 3: And the glasses on fake mister Walsh and Brandon Will you mean Will.
Speaker 2: Will Will was intense. He scared me. And you know what, I wish Tory was here with us, because she would she would probably know what I'm talking about. Like will reminds his energy and like his this his vibe reminds me of when Jason would direct. He would be like that, kind of more intense, like I got it all covered and handled, and that's how he made me feel. So I did not even realize that he directed this episode until I started this podcast this morning.
Speaker 3: It does sort of make things like interesting.
Speaker 2: I wish I had, Yeah, it could have helped me out.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 2: So then wait, how'd you feel when the door opened and there stood dill Wait, dil This is the This is like the perfect moment to call him dill Wig, because that's maybe this is where it came from. This is where the guys coined him dill Wig, because this is the episode where he's probably wearing a wig so bad and he just keeps going like that and he keeps flipping his hair. I think as he had to. I think Luke had to do something to alleviate his awkward energy with that wig oncuse.
Speaker 1: He knew it was so dumb too.
Speaker 2: He had to have with that.
Speaker 1: It's almost it's like you all were playing it jokey, do you know what I mean? Like, maybe that was my problem too, like, yeah, no, one's playing it like you're really in the sixties.
Speaker 3: You're playing it like you're in Halloween costumes, just being stupid.
Speaker 2: And his mustache didn't go with the wig, It didn't go with the era. That felt like a emperor's last wish mustache, like you know, you see in the Disney movies, that Moulan movie, those guys had that mustache.
Speaker 3: Ah, and the thing that of course jarred me the most, which I'm sure you we flipped back to the nineties and Brenda puts her boots on her bed just I wrote.
Speaker 2: My god, you know what amy I to had the feeling that that was a bit disrespectful. However, I then thought, well, that's what teenagers do. They don't they don't care about stuff like that. So then it felt really true, like a real moment. But the problem for me was like, once we established Dylan in that wig and Brandon in that a situation like the people in the room couldn't stop laughing loudly, and I so, I don't even know what happened from then on.
Speaker 1: Well, don't be a crumbum.
Speaker 2: Isn't that that? Did they use that word? And yeah, that seems like something crumble. It's a you know, it's like a pain, like not don't be a bummer, don't be a fake.
Speaker 1: Missus. Walsh just just truly.
Speaker 2: She really liked the TV Dinners. She just wasn't gonna, you know what else, Here's what all of them looked ridiculous. Every single person in the show. The two people that looked believable were Donna. She looks believable and great. Yeah, she looked adorable with that fifties I mean it was kind of fifties not sixties she was. She was playing late fifties. Probably she hadn't Yeah, she hadn't turned over to the sixties.
Speaker 1: Yet she looked great at parts too.
Speaker 3: I thought there was a couple of parts where I'm like, it's almost like you looked younger than you looked the week before.
Speaker 1: It was really weird, like you looked super young. I'm cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt like was like checked out, even though like her character was so supposed to be, you know, have some impact on the Diary reader Brenda. I still I just felt like I slash Kelly was just checked out and thought, this is ridiculous. I don't want to be doing this. That's what I.
Speaker 1: Felt, so we're just dealing with this like sort of.
Speaker 3: Cartoon version right of the nineteen sixties, and then all of a sudden, we're just thrown into Robert Kennedy and he shot and it's like historical and what is going on?
Speaker 2: I'm just not handled well at all, like that huge moment in history, and I mean it was rough. I thought, Wow, I don't know. The other person that looked really good was David. I felt like David looked really good only because if you took him out of this episode, I could see, actually I could see that person at my husband's bar in on the East Side, like he looks like a hipster, Like he looks.
Speaker 1: Like today didn't look quite as bad.
Speaker 2: Nah, and all.
Speaker 3: The sort of jokey jokes, Oh you don't have to inhale.
Speaker 2: Who are the Druggies though? In this episode, like all of a sudden, they were smoking weed by the campfire with new people.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. I wanted to have me too, I will Can we just follow them?
Speaker 2: This seems interesting? Nope, Nope, never seen her.
Speaker 3: It's like we haven't seen Andrea. Then she's back at the peach pit. Then Brenda comes in and tells them all about the diary.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, what about when when they're at the one of the rallies or two rallies I don't even understand. But what about when when Brandon Nope, Will comes charging through and he's like channeling Forrest Gump.
Speaker 1: Totally yeah, in a bad way, and then fights Dylan fake Dylan.
Speaker 2: Because those two were going at it, and Will, Wendy's brother, Will was conveniently at odds with the love of Wendy's life.
Speaker 1: You know, it's bad. When I wanted more from the library, I was like, can we just hang with her?
Speaker 2: I felt bad for the librarian because she had some clunker of lines man like she really committed to her that and it was bad.
Speaker 3: Oh God, there's that one shot of Tori as Donna at the one of the rallies with the It's almost sort of an image you've seen a lot.
Speaker 1: She were in the cool sunglasses, she got the headband this way across the forehead and has that cool shirt. That was the best part of the whole episode too. I'm just like, that's a great Shata story.
Speaker 2: The way they they worked all the like like the song lyrics into the dialogue lines like.
Speaker 1: And the shot didn't bother me. I love the show, and I don't remember watching.
Speaker 3: This episode before, and obviously when I've rewatched, I certainly skipped this because it's probably only the second time I've ever seen this episode and it's garbage.
Speaker 1: And then they shout out the two thousand and one like, I think a space odyssey? You know that?
Speaker 2: Yazy yep? She says it was a real space odyssey. Okay, well, what about I can your way is just they're laden, It's laden with terrible lines. My apologies or whoever I'm offending, but I can't help myself. But uh, how did Brenda come to the realization through Wendy's diary that she loves Dylan and that's why she didn't want to go skiing? Is that a reach or would you?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: First of all, if we really go with the timeline of nine O two one zero, we know that she did get in the car with Dylan in Palm Springs and say I think I still love you.
Speaker 1: Now in the car she or right after she actually says, I think it was just the upsetness of Steward. So we sort of make peace with that.
Speaker 3: Then when we last left our friends they were all hunky dory after.
Speaker 1: The jail incident and all the fighting. Everything was good.
Speaker 3: So suddenly she's like bitter party of one, doesn't want to hang out her friends, and now she loves Dylan.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, if I were a real Brenda fan in this moment, I would probably say she was masking her true feelings this whole time, and this really exposed her deepest feelings because she had this time alone with her diary, Wendy's diary, and it caused her to contemplate.
Speaker 3: The only thing I will say of this episode that I felt was sort of symbolic or could be was when we go to the back to the nineties and we find Wendy, Brenda goes and finds Wendy and we find out I thought, I thought this, maybe it was significant that Wendy did go to Woodstock Woodstock? I thought, am I to take something from that?
Speaker 2: That Brenda's Riley gonna take some action?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like don't let don't let because a boy kind of a thing.
Speaker 1: Isn't going right? That it that you stop your dreams?
Speaker 2: Or did she go to did Wendy go to Woodstock with Dilwig? I think maybe that was the message don't let your your true love get away from you, go to Woodstock with him.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I took a different message, was it doesn't matter about the boy, go to Woodstock solo.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like your message much better than Ryan.
Speaker 1: But I was sure that's literally the only message from the whole episode. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That and don't do drugs because don't do psychedelics probably.
Speaker 1: And don't kick in your television.
Speaker 2: That was so aggressive, I know, But I love Cindy's reaction to it.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, she goes, I was watching about the program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's program. I really like it that.
Speaker 3: They're eating jello. Did you see that? But they were eating green jello?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I hate this thing.
Speaker 2: Like wow, I'm so I can't believe we all survived as a was a race after what we had to eat in the sixties, like those foods in the metal and the processed and the Yeah.
Speaker 1: And here's my other sort of problem is she loves Dylan.
Speaker 3: She's boo boo boo hoo ing. Then she she finds everybody's little whatever.
Speaker 1: And then the gang comes home and they're all heading off to was it Palm Springs or something? Where were they going and then she she sort of be bops along and it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know she's got a suppresident, Like, I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: It's very about she doesn't love Dylan.
Speaker 2: Well, what is she going to do? Proclaim it there in front of everyone because they all come magically to the Walsh cosa and what And the same moment the whole group, nobody is doing.
Speaker 1: Nobody's doing the math on how far it is to Mammoth. I mean it is five hour drive to Mammoth.
Speaker 2: In two hours.
Speaker 1: Just left, they're going.
Speaker 3: They went all the way to Mammoth and then the snow wasn't good or something happened.
Speaker 1: They're coming all the way back. They're picking up Brenda like there hasn't been a speck of traffic when they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go on the same day.
Speaker 3: I think it's a different day. But so who tries to Mammoth and turns around and comes right back the next day?
Speaker 1: Which kids that too wants to drive to Palm Springs, Like I wouldn't fight the ten.
Speaker 2: Oh they don't give about the traffic, They don't care.
Speaker 1: They don't care about that gas mileage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but didn't you know what else happened, which really wasn't even like talked about or emphasized. Dill No, whoever the hell David was in this episode, he has sex with whoever the hell Donna was and then never talks to her again. So clear were to take from that, how good it is that Donna's holding out on David makes us like Donna a little bit more. Maybe I don't know and like, okay.
Speaker 3: As a viewer, or are we to take all of this as foreshadowing? But then I'm like, we don't. These people are not connected to our people.
Speaker 2: I tried so hard to keep them connected, like I tried. I tried so hard to make it relevant to the current world that these kids live in, but it wasn't. And You're right, I wish it had been tied together.
Speaker 3: Some reason to care about these randoms. I also have a flag on the play that when Jim and Cindy come in, I can't remember at what point Jim's.
Speaker 1: Got the apple, right, Jim's chomping on the apple. Then we go into the bedroom and Cindy's got the apple.
Speaker 2: Well, because I think back then apples were the way to combat the lack of nutrition. They were getting this.
Speaker 1: Nineties. Jim at the Apple back at present was such a mess. Oh, it was such a mess. I had to stretch my legs.
Speaker 2: That was you know, it was just a mess. Feel bad. I feel bad for hating it as much as I did, because I know that that was a lot of work. Everybody put a lot of time and effort into those costumes and those weird and really committed to it.
Speaker 1: Even good if they wanted to do it, do it good. Instead, they did it so cartoony.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What about when Andrea was dancing with the daisy in her moomoo? Good god? How long is this girl going to be pregnant? You guys pregnant?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One of the chicks was like my I think would have been like, just don't put her in the sixties, Like just say she didn't do that hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was Why would they do that to her? I guess she wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Like I don't want to be a total jerkquad, but I actually think this episode maybe would have been better if other people played all these fake people like just hire after then you would have been like I care even less, How's impossible. I just didn't. I just was like this is so irritating.
Speaker 2: We are really just bumming so many people out right now.
Speaker 1: So sorry, I a little bit start your week.
Speaker 2: This is something we hate, let's talk about it for an hour, and there's never anything good gonna come out of this.
Speaker 3: And I didn't hate the scenes with the real people I care about. That's why I'm saying, like, just say we're out of money, we don't have any good ideas and make it an eight minute episode.
Speaker 2: Fine with that minutes? Oh man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I kind of did sort of do a deep dive to try and see I could I get any sort of background on this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What was it? What did the title even mean? The time has come today?
Speaker 3: Maybe the time has come, which is like the reference to them but today, so we're to see the parallels fail.
Speaker 1: The only takeaway.
Speaker 3: Now that I get, is it Jason Prisley does have a very unique directing sensibility that I should have spotted, meaning it sort of does remind me of the last time he did he directed. It's different than just a regular old episode.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a general feeling of more like fun like people. Everybody's especially the guy characters, are looser in their acting and just having more fun.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they almost it almost breaks the storyline. Now I'm fuzzy, but the last time he directed was like The Magic Mountain Day right, and then they were filmed.
Speaker 1: That dumb yeah, and then they commercial on.
Speaker 2: Top of each other in that one shot and they're.
Speaker 1: Randomly helping that random girl.
Speaker 2: It pulls you out of the story because it's not the characters, it's the it's the actors.
Speaker 3: So maybe that when they write an episode like this, do they write it for him to direct, Like, Hey, we're kind of like stopping the storyline for a hot minute because this has no purpose.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I don't think that they wrote this for him to direct. I think when you direct an episodic like this, you get what you're given to direct. You're like, oh, here you are. This is your episode, episode twenty five, and it happens to be a sixties slash back and you're like.
Speaker 1: What right? Right? Right? Yeah? I mean that makes sense. I don't know. It's just really just so bad.
Speaker 3: It's my least favorite of the whole thing so far. Full definitely so far. But I think in the whole ten years, unless there's.
Speaker 1: Another one of these I forgot about.
Speaker 2: I think there might be because I remember an episode. I think it's not like a flashback, but it's like a past life regression where Dylan is doing deep therapy or something, and as I remember wearing a wig and being in the in the Old and West days, So I know there's something else coming. I don't know what season that is, but it's something to look forward to.
Speaker 3: I weirdly not to jump around stumble on an aggressive TikTok the other day of Kelly doing so many drugs.
Speaker 2: You should have sent it to me.
Speaker 3: I should afford just going through drawer and looking for drugs, and I just was like, oh God, that's coming to look forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that either. Well, it's weird because Peter aka.
Speaker 1: Dylan even getting their names.
Speaker 2: Well his name is Peter. I don't know why that still stood out to me. But he gets bashed over the head by the cop. So but he lives and then will dies in the which nobody not. I don't want to hear about that.
Speaker 5: It's so.
Speaker 1: I want to try to redeem it, but I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I actually was stressed yesterday because I watched it a couple of days ago, and I was like, how am I gonna talk to you?
Speaker 1: I know, what do you give it?
Speaker 2: Oh? What do you give it?
Speaker 1: Let's score it.
Speaker 2: I like to see what you give it. You're not.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna hold it up. It's three.
Speaker 2: You give it a three.
Speaker 1: It's my lowest ever.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna stick with you on the three. Maybe a two slash three. Wow, that's that's harsh. But but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm just I don't want to end on this sour note. I want to find some comedy or joy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I feel like it's my fault. I feel really responsible. I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 1: I think it's priestly small. I think it's the I'm telling you, it's.
Speaker 5: Just, uh, we're just roach something inappropriate.
Speaker 2: She said, Let's just tell them what she said. Our producer said, on a high note, David had blootballs in the sixties, just like he does in the nineties. Okay, but.
Speaker 1: Next week and a bath will solve everything.
Speaker 2: See, you know that's true for me, that's true.
Speaker 1: You. Oh I love a bath.
Speaker 2: I love a bath.
Speaker 1: I can staying there for two hours.
Speaker 2: It's nice, so nice. And people leave you alone usually when you're in the bath.
Speaker 1: And especially with TikTok these days, I can get in there with my phone and literally, wait, TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's you can't You can't take your phone into your bag.
Speaker 1: I do maybe first of all.
Speaker 2: That defeats the whole bath purpose.
Speaker 1: I can watch an entire movie in there, now.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's one thing. But if you're tiktoking in the bathtub, you have a problem.
Speaker 3: That's it's almost like I don't feel guilty tiktoking in the bath because it's like I'm in here, I don't have anything else to do.
Speaker 2: What if you drop your phone in the bathtub?
Speaker 1: Tragic? Do you think what's next week? I pray, Oh, are we getting to play next week? Wait? What is next week?
Speaker 2: It's called blind Spot episode twenty six. Next week is blind Spot. That's your homework, everybody, But you have no idea what it's about. None, not one.
Speaker 1: There is some good stuff coming blind Spot. I think we just sort of pretend this didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry to go on and on, but Brenda in the sixties didn't look sixties. She was the one she looked like nineties in the message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the sense from not only Kelly but Brenda to they didn't want to be doing that episode. It felt like nobody wanted to be a part of that except maybe Steve looked like he was enjoying it and Dylan was enjoyed.
Speaker 1: The boys were having more fun just being clowns about it. It's like, yeah, they were just like, I'm just gonna camp this up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just felt like, oh, and.
Speaker 1: Then Brenda took the Mustang? Why because she was out of touris right?
Speaker 5: I know it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like did she usually take the Mustake? She usually drives Mom's wagon.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I think it looks like a tourist, but I'm not really sure if it was a Ford tourist backup.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Mom was busy at the swap meet. I don't know. It's a lot, it's a lot. I feel like everybody needs some time to just sort of like put this behind us and sorry, just let's just all move forward and maybe forgets that this ever happened. Can we do that?
Speaker 5: We are?
Speaker 2: There's no choice, there's no choice. Well, I really wanted to thank everybody out there for spending an hour of your week with.
Speaker 1: Us stopped listening minutes ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like our true true fans stuck with us. Amy. They're mad that, you know, sad that Tory is not here. They hated the episode. True, but it's a it's a thing. The next week, hopefully blind Spot will be better. Even though blind Spot is blind spot name of a TV show these days, that's yeah, it is is. Yeah, that's my ex husband's ex girlfriends.
Speaker 1: TV show with James Spader.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh, I think her name is Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 1: No, not, no, I know who you're talking about. It's not Blacklist. Oh it's blind Spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the girl with the she has all the tattoos. Isn't that the name of that show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What was that?
Speaker 2: I know that show?
Speaker 1: Trust me, that's not called blind.
Speaker 2: I did, Randy. Is that the show with Jamie Lee Curtis. That's not her name, But you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I did watch it for a minute. It's called blind Spot. You're right, you are correct.
Speaker 2: The next episode called blind Spot. Yeah, hopefully it's a girl who wakes up covered in tattoos, stuffed in a double bag, because that'll be.
Speaker 1: Just like a fighter in a Cia agent Yeah somehow.
Speaker 2: All right guys, well, even though the episode sucked, we don't and neither do you. Have a great week, love, yeah, bye,