Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 1: Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Darry Church, Tacma Harrison, and Uie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on in here, Come on in here. It is the Players Lounge. Good morning, Cowboy Nation, and welcome to the Players Lounge, live from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Taj my Hall of.
Speaker 4: Football and they call him of your Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You are now rocking with the best I am.
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harrison, the truth and at the desper Normal are the players. My man Barry Church in the building. Ja Montrey Moore is in the building. He hes around here.
Speaker 3: He's watching the show. He was, he watched the show. He was here yesterday. He took him out. Was the media match was so good and it took him out. It took him out. Bron got to arrest, took him out.
Speaker 5: Lebron gotta take his breaks.
Speaker 3: Men and watching manager.
Speaker 4: But god, this is your first time with me hosting the show. So you gotta understand when I host the show, when I get because it'll happen here and there, I'll get an opportunity to host the show and we live. I do my thing, but I will tell you. I will tell you this before we get into any of the particulars coaching higher. I know y'all want to talk about it. I know y'all been venting for a few days. Now the MIC's alive. We don't have to sit. You don't got to get that paragraph in the half.
Speaker 5: And the fact that I said the paragraph happy text basics, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, right, he got a lot. He gotta get off.
Speaker 4: But before we get started, what I always do, man, I check in when my brothers, I check in on your mentals, see how you doing, how you feeling? And so this is your first time. Man, I'm gonna start with you, brother, how are you?
Speaker 3: Man? If we keeping it a buck, we are, It's been. It's been. It's been tough for me.
Speaker 5: It's been tough for me just mentally, just battling through the things that I got off the field, you know, letting go of the game that I love that was so recent. It's a freshman. So you know, being here on the players lounge, you know it helps. But like I said, uh, I be remiss if I say, hey, I don't have bad days, but guess what those bad days turned into good days bad So I'm good right now. Facts and hey man, you're in a good place with good brothers, and so that's why we make sure we start like that to find out what's going on at any time that you have anything like that. Brother, me and you are new to each other, but my line is always open. Hit my line if it's just, hey man, need to get to the show. Let's get a bill of something. We could do that. Let me don't let me send a paragraph and you only send me. Won't worry though coming back down. See that's a different story. I'm doing one hundred BC. Let me start with you things. A good thing's a good man.
Speaker 6: It's a little cold, so your man can't get out there swinging clubs like I usually do.
Speaker 3: But other than that, you what now you know? Opened up here, we're good, whole thing, tafe place, safe place, place, got my go for part of that. We good.
Speaker 6: Everything else been good man, family is good people healthy, so can't complain too much.
Speaker 3: It's been all good man. How about yourself?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell I'm gonna keep it one hundred, since we were in the business of people at one hundred. I started this year and I said for my son. Y'all know, my son going into a senior year, and I'm doing everything to motivate this young man. I told myself, I said, Hagma, I know you are used to being in this gym with this boy telling him what to do, but you need to get down on these weights too. And so since the beginning of the year, every morning, four o'clock in the morning, I'm going to the gym with my son.
Speaker 3: It's okay, consistently, that's what working limit limits. Hey, let me be honest with y'all. Right now, dog, I heard so I'm gonna be out y'all listen, this is real talk.
Speaker 4: If somebody got down, I'm talking about like brought some drama my way, I just I just fold up on the ground like a doodle bug.
Speaker 3: Say you got it, you got it, got it? You got it? Yeah, you got it. Don't stand up. You better stand tall like a tree. Got me help the bell.
Speaker 4: You have no idea the pain I feel now. I'm making noises walking down, so I'm making noises up.
Speaker 3: Step open. I can't get in the car right. I caught a cramp.
Speaker 4: I called a cramp driving I'm driving, called a cramp in my house.
Speaker 3: I'm like, man, help me, you know what.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, as a dad, you gotta be in there and you got to act like it don't affect you.
Speaker 3: Five on that baby, I should not have done, but.
Speaker 4: My wife got my support. So my wife is telling me, by stay in the game.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, I'm glad to know that all of y'all good. I'm good man, And look, let's get this thing started. It's been it's been a week, and I think names have come up that I don't think either of us nobody. We went around the table last last Thursday, and we talked about names that we thought the Cowboys should interview. Some of those names are already off the list. Aaron Glynn, which was myp it's gone. He's now the Jets head coach. Yeah, you knew he was here at Newly Aggie isn't. Yeah, so he's he's the Jets head coach. Jets hire him without hiring a general manager first. But okay, never heard, but that means he gets his say though. I mean it's open ground. Maybe it's a spin. I'm like that, it's a different spin, spin.
Speaker 3: Dark spin.
Speaker 4: You don't see if that sticks. But but the names that have come come up and come around. You saw Robert Salah, Leslie Frasier, all of those names, and then all of a sudden, out of the blue, Roan Schottenhammer's.
Speaker 3: Name, team rolling and the ticking up.
Speaker 4: Yes, And and the weird part about it for me is like when you let go on Mike McCarthy and you say this team needs overhauled culture, all of those things, and Brian Schottenhammer's name comes up and he is a part of the previous regime, there's a there's a conflicting idea in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, it definitely is.
Speaker 5: Those were my settlements when I started to hear the rumblings about it. But one let me let me apologize because since we already talked about the chat.
Speaker 3: I did disrespect this this man.
Speaker 5: I said, hey, like, I'm not familiar and I actually had the privilege of being on the same team as him when he was at Seattle, So to say that, I was like, Okay, let me go, you know, hit up some former players and stuff like that, and like the things that I'm hearing about him, Hey man, it sounds.
Speaker 3: Like they might have made the right decision.
Speaker 5: So oh go ahead, hey man, what they say you.
Speaker 3: Got to leave one more? But no, I need to say that one. I apologize.
Speaker 5: But for people to say that he is a leader amongst men anybody that was on that coach Carroll staff, you couldn't just fake it.
Speaker 3: You had to have You had to.
Speaker 5: Exuperate energy from Ken Norton going at the offensive coordinator to everybody going back at each other.
Speaker 3: They have that competition fact there.
Speaker 5: But you have to throw in that he was there when Russell Wilson had his best career. Then obviously he was here last year with Dak having an All Pro season, and so a lot of these guys and one guy that I can put a name on, Richard Sherman, talked about his schemes schematic wise, he's one of the best that's out there.
Speaker 3: For all the players that you hear.
Speaker 5: Nobody from Seattle saying anything negative about him and have great things to say in a locker room that has historically have had the brightest and the most strongest of personalities from the head coach to their players.
Speaker 3: And for him to stand on his own man.
Speaker 5: That's that's high praises in my opinion, And so that's the main thing we said with coming to America's team, can you find a leader amongst men? And right now all I'm hearing is that he's a great guy. And then you got to remember who his dad is, the pedigree that he had, so from the high praises him being around ball since he was little, being raised his dad is are you know, one of the tops in his profession?
Speaker 3: Man? The ceiling is right for him.
Speaker 5: And some of the players even say they're surprised that he hasn't been a head coach already. So for players to say stuff like that, I'm excited to hear about it.
Speaker 4: Brian Schottenhamer's father, Marty coach twenty one years, only had two losing seasons as a head coach, and that is big time.
Speaker 3: See your thoughts on it, well.
Speaker 6: You know, like like what you said it was you know because like when you you know, broke it down like that coming from Seattle, that that is huge because that team had big personalities, you know, like you said, from the Schirms of the world, the Bobby Wagner's, the Earl Thomas and those guys.
Speaker 3: Russell, he smoked, So you have.
Speaker 6: Big personalities on that team, and you need a guy that's can can Can I won't want to say control, but can can kind of get everybody on the same page, especially offensively when you had you know, the Russ Cook phase.
Speaker 3: And all that good stuff. So shoddy.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna sit here and act like I know everything when it comes to this man, but I will say I was surprised and his name was brought up, and it's starting to gain momentum. It's like a snowball going down. He'll just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And I'm interested to see what these players think about it. I'm talking about the Parsons of the world, the Dak Prescott to the world, because those are the guys that are your leaders on the team. Those are the guys that voice really means the most when you talk about what coming from that locker room. So I want to see how those guys feel about it, you know, especially Dak Prescott because that's gonna be basically his man's right there, because you know, for the past couple of years, Dak has been playing at a high level. You know, the year before this one before he got injured. Second in MVP boting, he had one of his best seasons under Mike McCarthy. So are they going to bring that same system back, like McCarthy's system back with Shotenhaimer or Schotenhaimer gonna put a whole different spin on it. I'm not too sure about that. We'll see what happens. But one thing's for certain. Whatever you do offensively on this team as the head coach, you better get.
Speaker 3: Eighty eight involved early.
Speaker 6: In fact all, you gotta find a way to make sure your playmakers are balling at a great clip. And that's what we need from this team. We can't have these slow starts the past couple of years. That's exactly what's happened. This team has been loaded, loaded as a you know, talent wise, not really much.
Speaker 3: This year, but in previous year, has been loaded. But they start out slow.
Speaker 6: They start out slow, and that's exactly what hurt them in that Green Bay playoff game. So to me, I'm interested to see what these players bring to the table. When they talk about Shoddy, but I'm surprised overall that this is this is the name that has been brought up and getting a lot of team, especially when you had guys like Aaron Glenn out there, Ben Johnson who didn't even get costs, you know, from this organization.
Speaker 3: So we'll see.
Speaker 4: That's see, I mean, that's that's where the that's where things start to get weird, you know, when when you say Aaron Glenn didn't even receive a telephone call. But still there's nothing else is official yet and probably won't be official until all the podcasts are done, and then you'll get that.
Speaker 3: Dang, I can't wait till why did y'all do that? While but what you're about to say about.
Speaker 5: Trade, my my question is or I guess it's not really a question, so we don't get to stuck on it. But when you say that it's weird that certain people didn't get a call, it's like, do you even entertain certain ideas when you already hear that the front runners and we all know, like historically the cowboys or should we say the cowboy Jerry knows what he wants and he knows the idea and a ballpark of it. So it's like, do you even entertain that just so for entertainment purposes or for the fans or do you know, I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess the confusion for me is like perception not meet in reality from the way that the season ended and what the team felt like they needed. You need a guy to come in here that can change the culture overall, because the Cowboys seem to be dysfunctional within the cultural part of their football team. When you look around the NFL, you start talking about other teams that may not even be on the same part page as the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They have a culture fit. What is that here?
Speaker 4: What is that? And that was the main culture identity, whichever one. And I'm just pointing that out all around, and I think that a head coach bringing in a head coach that could give you that. And it seemed like for me, adding context to what you were saying about Schottenhamer and Mike McCarthy's offense last year, forty five hundred yards for Dak Prescott, one thousand yards for Tony Poller, seventeen hundred yards for Cede Lamb.
Speaker 3: You're clicking, Yeah, fourteen TD or seventeen TD, you're clicking.
Speaker 4: As an offense, you have Dan Quinn as your defensive coordinator. Defense is putting up crazy numbers and Dan in those moments, as you're talking about, when you needed the most, and that's where you've kind of stuck up he in and you stayed right there even with Mike McCarthy. Those slow starts, you get into a situation versus a Green Bay team where you get shredded defensively and your offense didn't give you much to respond. And I don't want to be revisionists on this, but I'm saying that's just a part of what it is. When I say you didn't call those guys, you're not calling guys that could potentially be trendsetters in the NFL. You see Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota. There are these young coaches that are out there that you're seeing these guys have success. It looked like to me you had a couple of those guys on the table that you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't even you didn't even ring cause like you said, you let then you kind of you can't help but ask yourself, like, as a fan, Okay, should we done this a year earlier and we look at the success that Dan quinn is having right now? Well, maybe, as I love to play double advocate in the room because I just love for argument purposes. But let's just say maybe he actually learned from his mistakes and said, hey, this is one young or a younger guy that hasn't had that opportunity yet that we're not gonna let leave because just like you said, you had an All Pro year with the numbers that you put up with those same players a year prior, like you're one player away. So it's like instead of ripping it all up, that's where it's like, hey, does he learn from that? And as a good coach said hey, I'm going to improve over what's already here. And then two, I guess it's a double headed sword. Do you handcuff him? Because the one thing that we before Mike left when he was talking to Zimmerman and everything, the mistake that was made was that he tried to make his system fit somebody else's system that was already there prior because of the success. So with that statement, this guy is going to be the coach like, will you learn from that statement and the breadcrumbs that are out there? But also is this Jerry learning from his mistake to saying that we have talent in house right now that can develop it, So you got to ask a question. This is a very interesting pick. It came far left, but there's so many nuances that we don't know.
Speaker 3: About in this front office.
Speaker 6: I know we got to go to break, but in the front office, they've got to learn from their mistakes as well. You got to give the gardener his tools yes to go out there and succeed.
Speaker 3: Look at the talent.
Speaker 6: Gap between the Eagles and the Cowboys, Between Washington and the Cowboys, I mean, the talent gap is huge, and we saw it on display this entire season.
Speaker 3: So to me, you've got to be able.
Speaker 6: To go out there and bring players in, not only in a draft, but in free agency as well. That can help with that culture ship. But not only that, I can help you.
Speaker 3: On the football field.
Speaker 6: Like we saw it when guys went down this season, the depth just wasn't there. And like what dis goes down, Bland comes back. We got Lewis the other cornerback. Booth is getting destroyed out there, and then just keep it being he's getting destroyed out there. You go through this running back carousel, and with all due respect to Dattle, there was no exposiveness out there now.
Speaker 3: So this team has got to get better. You know, on the football field.
Speaker 6: Talent wise, culture wise, and hopefully whoever they bring in to be the head coach, he can get his tools, he can fix the culture. And I'm not saying it's all gonna happen in one year like that, Like Dad, what dan Quinn was able to do in Washington outstanding, that's amazing. I'm not gonna say it's gonna happen that quickly. But you gotta do something to improve his team over He did it with a less talented team. Just throwing it out there, but.
Speaker 3: He did got to break. He did absolutely.
Speaker 4: And but before we go to break, the question that I'm going to post to you guys is whichever coach that you bring in here, should he be a DAK friendly coach or Parse friendly coach? Y'all still on that for a second. This is the players loundes. We're keeping it real. We'll be right back after this question.
Speaker 7: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat A. Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one hundred Gambler that one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced rama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow the Captain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized, intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 3: Rule one. Any broadcast without.
Speaker 8: The express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one. Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receive of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers One love, Go Cowboys Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: Come on out to at and T Stadium on February twenty second for the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship Series. Watch the world's best two wheel racers coverage for.
Speaker 3: One night off of NonStop action.
Speaker 4: Enjoy unprecedented access to the sports biggest stars with an up close view of their race bikes and the team rigs at FanFest. Tickets are on sale now at seakgeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. You're back on the Players Lounge sponsored by aristocrats mcmaharrison, Demontree, Moore, Barry Church have been here. Newi Scruggs took the day off, but he will be back next Thursday and definitely on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Miss that he don't miss it.
Speaker 4: I was asking before the break, guys about the coach that you bring in, just the mentality wise. Do you bring in your coach thinking about your quarterback that you've put a ton of money into, or your young defensive end who was a superstar in this league that's gonna be around for a while, that you're about to make the highest paid defensive player in the league, non quarterback.
Speaker 3: Quarterback, he's about to get broke off.
Speaker 4: So let's let's just talk about the mentality of where you're going. We're just looking into the future here, and which would be better. Hire a coach that's Dak friendly? Are Parsons friendly?
Speaker 3: If you're talking to me the guy who has the ball in his.
Speaker 6: Hands the majority of the game, and to me, that's the quarter as great as Parsons is, which he is outstanding, as great as he is, And how much he can affect the game. Defensively, offenses pretty much run the league now, and you gotta have a guy under center that can go out there and produce and get the most out of your offense and put up points because at the end of the day, that's how you win games.
Speaker 3: You put up more points than the other team.
Speaker 6: And to me, Dak Prescott, you gotta have a guy in here that speaks the same language that can get the most out of them. When he went for that, you know, MVP second or second and MVP voting, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 3: A couple of years ago, him and Mike.
Speaker 6: McCarthy was like this, you had a coach that they were talking the same language and they were able to go out there put up points, win games.
Speaker 3: They did, you know, have a lay an egg in the playoffs. We all saw that.
Speaker 6: But in order to get to the playoffs, you got to have success in the regular season, and that's exactly what he was able to do. So to me, you got to have a coach that can go in here, speak the same languages, that can get the most out of this offense.
Speaker 3: Defensively, you can.
Speaker 6: Go out there, get turnovers, take the ball away, but in order to win football games in this league, in my opinion, you got to be able to put up points. So you got to have a coach that can go ahead and speak the same language as your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Man, my sentiments exactly your quarterbacks what they say, it's very hard to find a good quarterback. And then once you find a good quarterback, you can still have a good quarterback. But if he's not properly motivator, he's just not on the same page with your head coaches. You know, it can make it a bad situation. Looking at what you call him, you call the duty bro. If your dog is motivated and ready to hunt, then it's not the time to go out there. And so with that being said, when you go to defense, I feel like it's a little bit easier. No slack to Michael Parson. He is a generational talent. He can single handedly change the game. But like you said, offense, it's points. Like I know they say defense wins championships. But as a defensive player, you kind of are taught to be selfless because when you're sitting over there, you're saying, hey, man, I need whatever for my offense to be in the right position. So that way, I know I can go out there and hunt, because if I'm Michael Parson, I'm gonna say, hey, I want Dak to be in a good spot so.
Speaker 3: He can put up the right numbers.
Speaker 5: And if he put up the right numbers and we get out of head, guess what that means. It's time to go get sacks. And we all know that sacks get the rack. So if I know if the offense is doing good, he's gonna feel a lot better about himself as a defensive coach, so I think he will be selfless like that. So I think you need to attack a Dak friendly.
Speaker 4: Coach when you I mean you guys being This is really shocking to me because I actually, if I was betting, man, I would have bet that y'all would have said something completely different.
Speaker 3: So y'all went a whole nother way off.
Speaker 5: So I'm shocked, and I'm gonna say it like this, and I'm gonna put some stink on it. I feel like as a defensive player, where the less prima donnas like we're ready to go and we're ready to hunt. So and typically everything revolves around the quarterback all the way. Since you were a little like you don't see nobody sitting over there saying put a green shirt on the middle linebacker of the pass rush and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So like we're used to people catering for them.
Speaker 5: So that's why I don't think it would be that much of an issue for him.
Speaker 3: And if you had to.
Speaker 5: Ask both of them, they're gonna say the same thing, like, let me get in my position because everything starts with me.
Speaker 4: So okay, So we all watch a lot of a ton of football, and if you look at them, if you look at if you look at the teams right now, even let's go to Kansas City, who is about to dip their foot into immortality if they win three in a row. But nobody is talking about the defense. My man, the defense BA was winning them these games.
Speaker 3: I mean even when.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes makes mistakes, because he does, and they don't. They don't play those highlights. Right when that defense comes back out on the field, they shut everything down. Now, I'm just saying, if you have a generational talent and Michael Parsons and you can scheme up for him, and you put guys around him like the Deran Blands and the the Overshown's.
Speaker 3: And the different players.
Speaker 4: You have an opportunity to put together one of those kinds of defenses that can shut guys down, shut down. You're gonna have to do that anyway in the NFC East because of what you have in Washington. Wouldn't it be better? I mean, just think about it from a defensive standpoint. If you hire a guy that could come in here, understand speaks Michael Parsons language and can facilitate that, and then you shift your focus to an offensive coordinator.
Speaker 6: And I get it because when I, you know, went the furthest as far as team success, we went to the AFC Championship. We were led by defense, you know, Jacksonville. We had an unreal defense that you're unbelievable. But we went up against a guy in Tom Brady who was a quarterback. No matter how great we played in that game, New England always had a chance to win that game because they had that guy behind the center. So to me, yes, you have one generational talent in Michael Parsons, But to me, he can get you a game here and there. He can just you know, put the team on back. Let me get you a game here and there. But if you got that guy at quarterback who's special.
Speaker 3: He can get you all the way.
Speaker 6: He can get you, you know, four straight games, which were talking about in the playoffs what you gotta get if you're a wildcard team.
Speaker 3: So you know, to me, that's a racial talent. He's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: But to me, I gotta have somebody under that center that can get the job done at a quarterback position.
Speaker 3: And I'm coach that can coach with him.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna say that in this in this stint you were, you were building your momentum. I didn't want to interrupt you, but I will say I will be remiss if I didn't remind you of a guy named Aaron Donald, who is arguably the best defensive player ever to play this game. And what they could not get over that hump until we wouldn't eve get to the playoffs, but couldn't even get to the playoffs without Stafford, and then that defense couldn't take that element golf. I mean, but I'm gonna tell you, but before that, what did it take? It took not only Aaron Donald, who is arguably the best defensive player, it took arguably one of the best corners to play in our generation and Rams getting there. Then you have von Miller getting there, so you he still needed help, and then you needed McVeigh. You needed McVeigh. Yeah, so like and then you like, yeah but McVeigh, but like how rare. And even when they had McVeigh, they didn't do it until they added those key pieces. When you were at Jacksonville and y'all had the defense that y'all had, y'all had some guys that are going to be like the guy and defensive wise, it couldn't get you over the hump. You need that QB. So that's why I say.
Speaker 4: I Bury, You're a nice guy. I love it, man, I love that about you. And I just don't understand why you just won't say I was supposed to play in the Super Bowl, but my quarterback was a bum.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: My quarterdas okay, if we just keep on Tom Brady, Tom Brady, what what was the final score of that of.
Speaker 6: Was it twenty to fourteen or twenty fifth?
Speaker 3: They say twenty twenty points?
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 4: It was like they played on it. Lay field position and ball control on y'all. And when y'all had that final possession where you needed to get a score. You had a quarterback that couldn't make the defense did their job.
Speaker 3: Y'all held Tom Brady to come on.
Speaker 6: But if we had that quarterback, if we had the butter back, I give it.
Speaker 3: That's all. That was all he was missing was the quarterback. That's it. That's it. That was it.
Speaker 4: That all that man, this man would have played in the Super Bowl. That was the only least. Man was a fist drunk. We ain't drunk, didn't It didn't happen. So you learn from your mistakes.
Speaker 3: So here we paid the man. The next all give me man, he give going back.
Speaker 5: He got us there that he just needed a little sim It just didn't go the way that you thought.
Speaker 3: Twenty to fourteen.
Speaker 4: Twenty to fourteen, that was the margin between going to a Super Bowl winning in.
Speaker 3: The AMC Championship.
Speaker 4: The last drive come in the two minute drives.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's where that's where I'm at with it. And I look at this team, and I look at where you are, the youth that you have on that side of the ball. You have some guys to build around, You have a piece to build around. I think even with the injuries of Dac of late over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: I know how important it is.
Speaker 4: Even when I talk about Kansas City and their defense, I can look at Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. I bet twenty twenty four to twenty Lord Long Dog two minutes and this band scoring on. You blanked out, You blanked out at fort and were still at time.
Speaker 3: Time that that boy got Peach, that boy got PTSD. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Ahead and take a break, man, Yeah, I'm coming back, all coming back. I didn't mean to bring up old stuff. This is the players louds. We go take a break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Damn. Hey, y'all.
Speaker 9: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that tech is heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti Dot com check it out today Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Hey Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 2: You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle.
Speaker 3: With two new flavors.
Speaker 2: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new Coconuts smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs aer, Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 3: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Prescott kitschen Schlag with a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 8: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 3: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The biggest names and tennis had to the Ford Center at the Start in Frisco this February, witness top ranked Casper Rudd and former Dallas Open champion American Tommy Paul. That's what the court as the Dallas Open moves to a new home. Catch all the hard hitting action and watch the top players on tour compete. Live Tickets are available now at se geek dot com. Man it's been players, lads, we've been doing our dag.
Speaker 3: Wow space.
Speaker 5: He said he got the who did how did that open? How did he look? Let me find out come every the three sixties? Then, Steve, you gotta have you gotta have a running back.
Speaker 4: You gotta you gotta have a running back in this league to go with all this stuff we're talking about.
Speaker 3: You've got to have a running back.
Speaker 4: And so look on that, on that, with that purposing that about running back, the switch back over to defense, I'm asking you guys, if you do, if you happen to go Schottenheimer, who would be your selection as defensive coordinator here?
Speaker 3: If that is the potential higher.
Speaker 4: We're just assuming this so we don't have anything concrete we don't know and.
Speaker 5: Concrete, but I'm I'm gonna pop it off now. I'm gonna flex my chest. I got two of them. I got too because we all know that Jerry likes to keep in house talent, and we just talked about letting people go.
Speaker 3: My first choice, I would say, our.
Speaker 5: Harris our Hairs has done an amazing job with this secondary and then just he's been through multiple DCS. You got to learn from Mike. Even though his tenure here wasn't what it was supposed to be. But you still can't deny him of his defensive paralysis and knowing what he's done and.
Speaker 3: Being around the game, you got to learn from him.
Speaker 5: You got to learn from d dan Quinn that's up there doing what he's doing and we've seen the success that he's had and Washington, and then on top of that, learning from dan Quinn, you get to pull off of that peak Carroll Tree learning from him.
Speaker 3: Al is his time, like you would have thought. I don't. And I was talking to people earlier.
Speaker 5: They were saying they don't think that our DC that you had last year was the right pick.
Speaker 3: Some thought that Al should have got the shot last year.
Speaker 5: Well, now you don't let it miss you twice, Like if that girl from high school that finally gives you a chance and it's right there in your face, you have to jump on it. So I think Al is a good guy. And if you want to bring somebody from the outside, because I just read that Salad did not get the head coaching job with the Jacks, they're still going to be interviewing more people, I would say you bringing Robert sala Now do I think Sam fran Is going to let him go somewhere if he doesn't get that position. No, but I think he would be a great guy to pair him up with Michael Parson in that defense because defensive players at the end of the day, everybody has a scheme. But it's about how can you motivate those guys and bring that high energy from Robert sola in here, motivate Michael Parson and everybody else and get them boys thumping again. You might have the mixing to have that cohesiveness with a young, fresh new head coach, approven defensive coordinator that's tooking his team to the Super Bowl, already has head coaching experience. They can learn from each other. I think that would be a great pick. But to have two fresh new coach that's the only thing that scares me about having a brand and like we said, a brand new coach if you have him coming in and then having our hairs coming in being the DC.
Speaker 3: But those are my two options. Let me just say this.
Speaker 4: I like the Robert solid because of his head coaching pedigree and I think that's something that will play well with Brian Scheinhama. Just bouncing ideas off of a guy like that that's been there, done that. You know, if you can match up, especially with whatever your offensive scheme is, but it would be your guy.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'd like to double down.
Speaker 6: I just flip it a little because I would love, you know, for Harris to get an opportunity.
Speaker 3: You put in the work.
Speaker 6: You saw what he's done with his secondary I mean, Daggs had his best years.
Speaker 3: You know under our hairs.
Speaker 6: You got Bland was a fifth round pick, turn him into you know, an All Pro one of the best defensive players out there. So I would love for him to get that opportunity. But for me, I'm a slide with this one because I love what he was able to do when he was just in the head of the defense, Like when he was in San Francisco. He didn't have to worry about offense, special teams, making sure the team is all together, you know, curfews, this, that, and the third. He just had to focus on defense and that San Francisco run that he had. He had some of the best defenses out there. You know, they had hell of talent. If you have you know, all those guys linebacker. Fred wanted all those guys, but he was able to get the most out of all of those guys. And I love what you talked about. You know, being a former head coach, you can bounce off ideas with with Schottenheimer. But we saw what dan Quinn, a former head coach, was able to do when he came in here as a d C. He had that just culture shifting, guys wanting to run through a brick wall for this guy. This defense was playing like their hair was on fire, getting turnovers, going after the quarterback when dan Quinn was the defensive coordinator here. So to me, I think Sally can bring that same type of energy, that same type of guy that I want to play for him, you know, I you know, defense, we're gonna do our job offense. Y'all got it over there, but we're gonna do our job on the defensive side of football. And I think Salah would bring that to this organization. I love the Harris one as well because I think it's his time as well. He put the work in. Yeah, he knows these players, they know him roster, those the strengths and weaknesses of everybody in his secondary to everybody on this defense. So I would love for him to get a chance as well, but for my first pick, and I would go with salo On.
Speaker 5: I mean, and like I said, if you did somebody in the house, it would be out. But me personally, I would like you to bring solid and then keep out on the staff. But you know, obviously he might have opportunities elsewhere because of the talent he has. So it's like, do you let him go or do you bring somebody else in there? And then secondly, don't you ever disrespect me because I was there with Robert sla what he just got. He had guys on that line, You had the Forest Buckner and stuff. Yeah, but you got the most out of guys like me, Ronald Blair, like guys coming off the bench that were able to build their names and revive their career, get paid other places, Sheldon Day, all these guys. And I've personally seen him maximize his opportunity. And for you telling me that dan Quinn can go down there, like because if you would have read at the beginning of the season the roster list from the Cowboys and the Commanders, you would have said, oh, by far, let me get this Cowboys rosters. And so for a guy like him to come in with the talent that he has, everybody being healthy and no injuries out there.
Speaker 3: You it can be scary. It can be really scary.
Speaker 5: So, like I said, I think those two would be the best pick.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: I think you know, Robert Sola, hands down to me is the guy that when you think about a defensive coordinator, guy that's been there, done that had the pieces. He knows he's he's a builder, championship builder. I mean he's had those uh Bosa, He's had guys like that that that play the position. He knows how to move the pieces around. He's very multiple in what he does. And that's that's what I like about him. I love that, even though I love San Francisco, got to identify with what they did and the success that they had with the pieces that they had.
Speaker 3: But obviously it takes talent to play that. Yes, all right, thanks talent.
Speaker 4: When you said the Forest Buckner, when you start talking about the pieces that he had, that he was he had some grown green lad you did, but you had hold on.
Speaker 3: He had green Law, but you had a young green Law that wasn't doing it like that.
Speaker 5: You had an Al Shazer who became the guy like Al Shazer was on our practice squad. And when I say that, yes, he did have some dogs, just like you have some dogs on this defense. But he had a lot of pieces and he was able to maximize that back piece. He was able to talk to people in the middle of the meeting room and say, hey, but you're gonna do what you're gonna do. Eric Armstead, You're gonna do what you're gonna do. But Ronnie Blair, hey, do what you do on special teams, and when you get over here, I know you're gonna do what you do. And so that back end of the roster was able to sit there and say, hey, I know my chance is coming.
Speaker 3: Because he's a straight shooter. He's going to tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: He's gonna motivate you and get you hype, and he's one of those guys that you want to run through a brick wall. So, like you said, if you pair him up being a former head coach, I think they will be able to bounce ideas off each other and learn from each other through that experience. And on top of that, you can't buy Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Experience like that. That goes without being said.
Speaker 5: So like I said, it's just about Do you want the hot, proven, hot name right now or do you want somebody that's in house that potentially might be that guy if you let them walk away?
Speaker 3: You don't want to have another damn Quinn situation? Real quick? Are we sure this Cowboys defense is like that? Like? Are we sure? Like we talking about how much you know talent? This, that and the third. That's what I'm saying. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: No, we're not saying there. That's what we're not saying. We got parses. You got parses, But that's what you need, the pieces that's you need. That saying names. You had guys that got stuff under their resume, you got gigs that let the league get picked for you.
Speaker 3: You got on top of that, you got Parson. What else do you really need from there? Now? You just got to go get role players.
Speaker 5: Everybody can't be the superstar if we have too many superstars, and what everybody's gonna be doing in basketball?
Speaker 3: It's my shot, it's my shot. No, let that guy go be the.
Speaker 5: Guy and go get you a car lost and that's gonna play on the back end. And hey, when Parson needs to take his break, you got a young pupp that's coming off doing that. You have to everybody can't be lebron. You gotta you gotta get your you gotta get your Mo Williams. You gotta get your outs.
Speaker 4: But in theory, in theory, what you have to have is some dogs and we need whether you call them guys, we need more dog dogs. But I got to make a dog and let me ask before we get up out of here, Before we get up out of here, I want to go with you. Guys's a f C n f C champions Uh, you know we got the n f C East Championship going on.
Speaker 3: Everybody came to the party.
Speaker 4: Got you gotta give me, You gotta give me your pigre Who you got, man?
Speaker 3: Who's going to the super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Hey, y'all can call it bias all y'all want to, But I'm gonna go with my aggie brother over there, Cliff Kingsbury and that young feet now, man, hey, whether they're doing when you got it, you got it like when you're just winning and that defense like like you said, Dan Quinn, he's been a part of those teams that have been to the Big Dance. You have the super Bowl experience in Bobby Wagner, who's gonna sit there and police those guys that help them bring it in. And then you got a young guy that just got the high handed. When you're winning, you're winning. And so I think that they're gonna be able to expose the Eagles when they play them.
Speaker 3: Commanders is one. So who you got in the a f C man, Hey do it? Hey?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: Are you doing? What's good? I'm gonna go. I'll go go with Bill's my hey what he said? What he said? I gotta go for an upset man. You got the Commanders in in the super Bowl. I got the building. I got the Bills and Commanders in the super Bowl. You heard it here.
Speaker 6: From for the NFC East Invitational.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a good game.
Speaker 6: That dude, j Dave, it was his electric Quinn got these guys playing out whatever I mean. He got the boys rolling. But I'm gonna go with the Eagles on this one. At their house. They are a more talented roster, even though Washington has you know, the momentum. The're the hot squad right now. Philly. If Hurts can stay healthy because you know he live a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, you gotta get me quarterback there right now, he.
Speaker 6: Can stay healthy. I believe the Eagles is gonna win this game. Okay, so you got the Eagles. I got the Eagles. You got the Eagles.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: And then on the a f C side, Man, I'm never gonna I Man, I don't Kansas City.
Speaker 3: I'm tired.
Speaker 4: I can't bet against you gotta bet against him.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. It's like there's good money.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know when you guys know that I absolutely hate the Philadelphia Eagles, and you know we're gonna find that because I want to knew he to be on the show, because we got to get the round up for the regular season how we went with our picks.
Speaker 4: You know, sometimes I just I just kind of feel like I gonna bring that book, you know. I mean, I want the book in front of me.
Speaker 3: The book is gone. There's a reason why.
Speaker 4: He Here's what I mean, but just adding logic to it for the reasons that you just said.
Speaker 3: I think Jalen Hurts is is hobbled.
Speaker 4: I think he's been playing bad football before he even got hobbled. And that has been a problem. It has been the Saquon Barkley Show and if if it comes down to it, I think dan Quinn's Achilles Hill has been the run, you know that running on.
Speaker 3: Another way. No, see what Gibbs did, Yeah I did, But ain't no where the hell I'm gonna pick the Eagle. Ain't no hell because I would be nauseous. I wouldn't even watch the Super Bowl. They would.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with the Commanders, Betty, and then then on the other side. Then on the other side, I'm absolutely going with Kansas City. Patrick Mahons getting all the calls, it's you know what i mean, Come on, May flinching.
Speaker 3: I've never seen you not be able to hit like brother.
Speaker 5: It's a different day with someone scrutiny on him. I think that those calls, he's gonna get some of those. But they can't just be that obvious right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, look, I.
Speaker 5: Can't believe you picked the Eagles the way that they were exposed last game. If the Rams were fully healthy, brother, you know they were supposed to win that game.
Speaker 3: I've seen what it was because of them. Yeah, I've seen the players lounge down. We did it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: New Strugg will be back next week next Thursday at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Will be here.
Speaker 4: I appreciate y'all for joining us. My Man de Montree, Warberry Churchill mac mahals.
Speaker 3: And we are out Throy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 3: M