Speaker 1: A.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all, welcome to Daniel's bus cooking show. Hey, what we're doing is taking on the leftovers. We got some sharred lobster tail and we're gonna feed my father in law. I hope it's best good Wayne.
Speaker 1: It's not too big.
Speaker 2: I just made it for you. What do he thinks it was good?
Speaker 1: It's good?
Speaker 2: How was lobster Tosh Tosh Shush show. Welcome to Tosh show there, I said it. Happy to be here. Just got back from the road with Eddie Gosling, a couple of road dogs, a couple road dogs. We're in the Midwest doing what Midwest comics do. What's that kill? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Murdering.
Speaker 2: No, we're in the Midwest. It was nice, just making good people have a good time. I want to thank everyone for coming to the shows. But before we get into it, let's delve into some of our fan mail.
Speaker 1: Fan mail, so, I don't think Daniel realizes that video games are the highest grossing form of entertainment in the world. Oh, that's sadly common with people who don't play games. They just think herder nerds sitting in their mom's basement. Why they think it's just for kids? Meanwhile, the industry is a hole, makes more money than the entirety of the movie and television streaming industries. It's massive, with millions upon millions of regular normal people who play games.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're wrong, but I'm glad you've felt compelled to write all that in the comment section. Beefy cool. People don't play video games. That's the way it's always been. It's the way they always will be.
Speaker 1: It's true. What do you get to rewrite the world?
Speaker 2: You can't change it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: But how much to sponsor the show? How much to have Eddie do it in his dragon voice.
Speaker 2: To get Schneze gets on this show? I can't even I can't. I can't imagine it. It costs more than I mean, fifty thousand I think? Is here everybody? That what am I?
Speaker 1: What am I pitching today?
Speaker 2: I'm usually a catcher, if you know what I mean. Alright, we got to sing that away. We're gonna edit the singing out. I can't out what's the next one?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Your dad is daddy Eddie?
Speaker 2: Ah, you know that that's right in my wheelhouse. It's a combination of stupid and funny. Sorry, yeah, sorry, your dad is deady Eddie, you know what I say.
Speaker 1: Comment of the year, common of the year.
Speaker 2: Hit the bells winter Winter. Congratulations. You know you were You were being sincere, but you were also being funny to Eddie for his loss.
Speaker 1: Definitely a dark spot when I read that, and that did make me laugh. If this person gets.
Speaker 2: Don't care who passes. If somebody says sorry, your dad is daddy Eddie's, that's gonna tickle you for a second.
Speaker 1: You made a rhyme. That's good.
Speaker 2: You made a dumb rhyme. Yeah, I liked it. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks a lot for m h w J. Three PK means a lot.
Speaker 2: That guy gets it.
Speaker 1: That guy gets it somehow realize that some of Eddie's laughs are piped in. How long does it take to edit?
Speaker 2: No shade, no, no shade ed. They're not making fun of us. They just don't want you to see. That wasn't a real laugh. I'm looking at Eddie right now, right here, he sits right here. There's zero chance that we've editor ever edited Eddie laughing. We got three microphones on this show, we got three cameras. None of them are pointed at Eddie, but we do record his laugh when it happens.
Speaker 1: When is the last time you had to pull off the road at a construction site to use their portage.
Speaker 2: On I've already told my worst porta potty story on the show, which was when I left my daughter outside of it. I jumped a fence at night in Charleston, South Carolina, a city that I find repulsive, and used a porta potty. I think I think that was the most recent as well. You know, when my house was being built, I had a porta potty in the front of my house, and I found that many women in my neighborhood that go for walks just walk onto construction sites and use the porta potty. Seems crazy, And I said, Sergio, is that normally goes yep wow on construction sites all the time? Like walkers will just be like, yeah, we get to use it too. That's gross.
Speaker 1: I went to the show in Minneapolis last Friday night with a good friend. Meanwhile, my pregnant wife was home having contractions. We live about an hour away, and after the show wasn't about to walk out of this masterpiece early. I drove home and got her to the hospital. The baby's heart rate was dropping so fast and she went in for an emergency C section. We had a little girl at one fifty three in the morning.
Speaker 2: Ah, look at that. I should have saved the comment of the year for this guy, but that's already that ship is sailed, so you don't get it. But this guy, well, what a fan. I mean, a horrible, horrible husband, probably gonna be a bad dad, But what a fan.
Speaker 1: To whom it may concern. Eddie's Apple watch almost blinded me at a show this weekend. If it doesn't clear up soon, I may pursue legal action. I thoroughly enjoyed the Milwaukee show, loved every minute of it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna side with this person. I don't think you should wear an Apple Watch on stage. Do you shut off notifications?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because one time you told me you could see it, so I was like, oh, it was lighting up mode there, so I put that on. But this still does catch the spotlight and hit the people in the front row.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't need it. It serves no purpose. I've got a clock for you on stage. Sure you can be away from your family for a few minutes.
Speaker 1: But I take it off and I have such a like a bad sun tan thing happening. Maybe I'll put a bracelet on.
Speaker 2: You just never take a watch off. Huh. You just wear a watch all the time. You know what you do? Ed Okay, okay, here's what you do. You do what my grandpa did. Grandpa toash Okay, he always wore his watch with the watch on the inside. Makes sense, and because he always was like, well it's easier to tell time when I can see it this way. But you only do that just for when you're on stage. You turn it in right then we cover up your tan line. You still have your watch so that your wife Lord knows that Megan can't get a hold of your heads. Are gonna roll, say.
Speaker 1: What I'm doing it? I like this little just spin it around.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if you have to loosen it a notch or if you wear it loose enough that you can spin it.
Speaker 1: Well, just it's a velcrow so it's easy.
Speaker 2: You have a velcrow watch where it is?
Speaker 1: Child?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, let you know what, Let's give people a real breakdown of the tour. Yeah, and you Casha, We're gonna talk about the tour today on the show What Tour the World Tour? Oh, JT in the house. Now, I wasn't a world tour that I was on. I just went to the Midwest. I flew there with my kids and my wife and Eddie and Pete, and then when we landed, my in laws flew in. And then we met our bus driver and he was wearing a big cross. And you want your bus driver to be super religious. Yeah, you know when you're falling asleep on the highway at seventy miles an hour, you want to know that up front that guy knows that. Well, not everything's in his control. So we were in Kansas City for night one of the tour, and I was a little nervous for the first show, but it went fine. I'd do like an hour and a half. Did you enjoy Kansas City showy? I thought. I thought they were nice, and we had Q thirty nine barbecue afterwards. I wonder if people agree that that's one of the top barbecue spots in KC. It was good. Yeah, I thought it was great. They were out of sausage. I remember, hey, youth, I don't know if you're on a gold belly, but send me some sausage because I ordered I wanted sausage and then after the show. See Pete makes me order before I go on stage. Then when I get off stage, the food is there. But so many times he's like, hey, they didn't have blank so instead you're getting elk yea. Desserts are always the worst. I'll be like, oh, I'll take a cheesecake and he's like, oh, I got you Tara Masoux. I'm like, why don'd you go fuck yourself? Tara Masoux and cheesecake are not in the same family. Oh, okay, what do you want to I wanted to brownie? Okay, what'd you end up getting me? I got you a cheese tart. It's just all we it. It's weird. Anyway. I did say the R word on stage right at the beginning of the show, and I probably shouldn't have, but you know, in context, I'll let the audience here be the judge. I don't like to do material, but I congratulated Kansas City on winning the NBA Championship, and then you know, I make it made reference to you can't convince me Oklahoma City in Kansas City are different places. And if you do a punch in the face and then I know what you're saying. Is you shouldn't punch you, And then I said the R word. I'm like, but that's what you're calling yourself, so it's not you get it. I think I'm in the clear. I probably shouldn't have said it. My fault.
Speaker 1: Well, they said it in your head.
Speaker 2: In my head they said the word yep. So but anyway, we stayed the night in Kansas City. Did I like my hotel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We did.
Speaker 2: It had a great you know what I liked about my hotel? Hold on, let me just give some props. This is almost gonna sound like a free play. The Crossroads Hotel had a restaurant in it, and the hotel was quirky, kind of funky industrial. I didn't have a good view out my room, that's for sure. I was looking into a parking garage. That was disappointing. But where you made up for it was your restaurant. They made pizza. Their pizzas were delicious. But they had a salad there that I'm and I don't get excited about salads ever, but this is just kind of a pre pizza salad. It was unbelievable. Yeah, I'm calling it one of my top three favorite salads. And I know if I know, if I get the the ingredients, I'm not going to get the ratios. Right. What was the salad I got?
Speaker 1: That was a charred cucumber salad.
Speaker 2: It was a charred cucumber salad. I believe it's tell me exactly how to make it crossroads so I can try to duplicate it at home. That salad was delicious. Okay. Anyway, so sorry for saying the R word. Q thirty nine, you forgot your sausages. It was my first show, probably went long because the first night I'm just trying to figure out, okay, what material am I doing? And then the next day we were going to Omaha. We had to leave Kansas City early because we wanted to get to Omaha by noon to go to the College World Series. Because the College World Series of Baseball is a bucket list item for my father in law, and I just keep looking at him every time he said you know this, you know, Daniel, it's my bucket list to I'm like, okay, well, I'm glad everything on your bucket list is obtainable, you know, in a two week period. I worry about his bucket list. First of all, nothing on it is out of reach, and I feel like we're going to be wrapped up with it, you know, any day now. Now. The theater that we were performing at, we just asked, hey, do you guys have any tickets to the baseball game? And they said yes. I'm not against paying for tickets, but they had tickets, and they go, well, we have a box, you know, a suite, but it's just you don't get the whole suite. It's a partial. There's another group in there that uses it. And then you guys can go and they've got food and TVs and and you know, you got some seating outside of your window and you get to watch. I'm like, oh, cool, we'll do it and bring the father in law there. Well, we go there. The other party is already there, and these people couldn't have been more confused at our arrival, like who are you? And I don't do well in those situations. I'm just like, yeah, we're here. We have tickets here in my seat because you still actually had a signed seating. But she was like, oh, these are ours, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, well we got the She's like, well, what group are you with. I'm like, I'm not with a group. And she's and I'm just I show her the phone. It's we're in the right place. And then she's like, Okay, okay, we welcome you. We well, and she's holding her hands like this and she keeps saying it over and over, Okay, we welcome you. I'm like, first of all, this you don't need to welcome me. I have, I have. I was given these tickets. I don't need to tell you where I got them from. But I'm sure she works for the same company that we got the tickets for. And she's like, we've used these tickets for like twenty years and we've never had anybody come into the box besides us. I don't care about the backstory. This is this is where our tickets are. And but she's kept going, we well, we welcome you, and I don't. There's there's That's what I hate when people talk about when they shit on California, but they say that the South is so sweet and nice, and I know this is omah, so I don't even know what that means. But I felt very unwelcomed. We will we welcome you. She's like, get out of my way. I'm gonna eat a sandwich. They had a spread of food in there. They had weird food too, and like pulled chicken, veggie patties, some guas chips. There's a salsa station and some bad popcorn. My son liked the popcorn. Whatever, we welcome you. So anyway, now, uh, you know, ever since the tour, whenever I see somebody, I just go, we welcome you, And then my daughter does it, and she's two, and she's and she does the hands too, and she goes, we welcome you. I just hope this somehow gets back to that lady, that that I was the one in your suite and your group was very unwelcoming, even though you said forty times we welcome you. And the game was dumb. I'm the base I stayed maybe an inning and a half. I watched the first in the Coastal Carolina put up six runs. I went and bought a couple of hats for my in laws. I'm like, here, you guys, go little souvenirs. Uh. And then I took both my children, jumped in an uber and left. And the people that are like, you can't come back in if you leave now, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, I don't care. I'm I'm out of here. Good now. I took both the kids. I told my wife stay enjoy the game with the welcoming people, and I just brought the kids back to the hotel. We get in the pool, we order virgin pina coladas, and the bartender didn't even want to charge me. She's like, you don't need to pay. I'm like, ah, but I can't tip you if you don't charge me, because it's you know, I gotta put on the room. She's like, okay, I might go to charge me. And then I go put fifty percent on for you. Look at that. Yeah, I was being welcoming.
Speaker 1: That's gonna say.
Speaker 2: And that was it. And we didn't even spend the night in Omaha. Just did the show and the show was good. The people of Omaha were welcoming. And then we just left that night to go to Minneapolis because it's a long drive. Now this is where things get ridiculous. We drive all night long to Minneapolis until about three in the morning, and I stay in the bus asleep downtown Minneapolis on the side of the road next to the theater, just me and the bus with two children. Everybody else gets out and goes into the hotel. Now, this hotel was like a couple blocks away in this area of downtown Minneapolis. I mean, I have to be honest with you, not the safest, sketchy sketchy yep. Okay, we'll point out some of the people that we saw ran into later. But my wife goes in to go sleep into the hotel, and then the next day when I go, I pass a hooker and not a good hooker either, like like pulling her skirt down because her big fucking gross asses like hanging out of it, and her pimp walking out of the front hotel door. And by the way, this hotel doesn't have a lot, just has a woman on a desk. It's almost like it felt like a youth hostel. But whatever. The room that we had was enormous, just a huge suite, I guess. But my wife was terrified. She went in there in the middle of the night, couldn't like find the bed, and I like walk in with the kids and I go, okay, we're leaving, and we just we just left and went to the Four Seasons. Now, why didn't they go to the Four Seasons in the first place, Well, that's because they said they were full a few months before, but apparently rooms had opened up and we just went down the street and now we're at the four. I took my in laws out. I said, Eddie, you're staying at this crack hotel. Pete, you're staying at the crack hotel. Bus driver, you're staying at the crack hotel. In Laws, you're with me, kids, you're with me, wife, You do what you want.
Speaker 1: I already impacked.
Speaker 2: Eddie didn't want to move because he was unpacked. And then Pete loses his mind because he didn't realize that Eddie every day on tour unpacks in a hotel and puts things in drawers. Love it.
Speaker 1: Especially two days I'm like, I'm living here.
Speaker 2: Eddie's like the accountant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It just got everything all organized. So I and day one my family went to the Mall of America and I'm like, I'm like, They're like, do you want to come? Do you want to? And I'm like, what, I've been in Minneapolis three hundred times. The Mall of America is possibly the worst place you could ever go.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll go to the airport first.
Speaker 2: The airport's nicer, but no, So they went there and it was miserable. But you know, I guess my son had fun. Yeah, my daughter slept in a stroller, that type of stuff. You know, Nickelodeon go on a few roller coasters or whatever they have in the middle. I mean, how many stores that you thought had gone out of business? Can you visit? There's a Toys r Us in the Mall of America. Aren't they out of business? Yes? I would think, no they are. I thought they like famously went out of business. Whatever. Minneapolis. First night was great, Second night was oddly not my it was second night wasn't my favorite, and that was my fault, not there. I got a little mush mouthed sometimes I get mushmouth on stage and words don't come out as perfect as I wanted them to. You don't care. They were. But near the theater was a big old banner of a tiny, tiny Asian man, mister Lewis Lee, owner of the Acme Comedy Club, which is a club that I got my start at, probably one of the first real clubs that ever headlined me. You know, it's like kind of it is in the Warehouse district, you go down below. The following day, I took my family for a walk and I made them walk by the club and then I said, let's go in, and there was nobody there. But then I saw an Asian woman cleaning, and I like knocked on the window and she came over and she unlocked the door, and I said, hi, I used to work here a long time ago. I'm friends with the owner, Lewis Lee. Can I come in and show my family. She doesn't say a single word. She just leaves the door open and walks away. And so we all walk in and we go back to the green room, and the green room leads right onto the stage, and then we walked onto the stage and she just immediately turned all the stage lights on, like from the booth. She's like, just made the place look beautiful. Still hasn't said a word. I'm like, well, that was nice. And then we walked around and then we walked out, and she walked up behind us and I said, thank you so much, and she's locked the door. This Minneapolis was the first place on tour that I got violent diarrhea. Had I had some Mediterranean food at the time. It was delicious, but I I, you know, it didn't it didn't stay in me long, but I made it to a toilet.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The funniest thing that happened in Minneapolis certainly wasn't me on stage. My father in law was walking around the city with me, and you have to understand, this man has never traveled outside of Florida, so everything he sees is new to him, and he tries to like give me like tidbits, like, oh, you'll find this one interesting. You see that building over there, that's US Bank's international headquarters. And I'm like, no, it's not. That's where the Vikings play. I kid you, not US Bank Stadium. It says stadium right underneath US Bank Massive. And then he spends the next thirty minutes trying to look up on his phone to see if I'm right, and then eventually he's like, Yo, it turns out you are right. But I know that international headquarters is around here somewhere. I'm like, yeah, it probably doesn't say stadium on the side of it.
Speaker 1: The rest of the time of the bus, relentlessly pointing out any building and asking him what bank that was was so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't let up any baseball field that we saw. We're like, oh, you've got to go to that bank it's so beautiful, like that bank is so nice. Yeah, we know we tease him pretty hard, but he commits, you know, he puts himself in those situations. Bucket. Yeah. And then from Minneapolis we headed over to Milwaukee. Milwaukee was too hot, by the way, every place we were at was like ninety degrees. Oh, it's just miserable. In Milwaukee, who was it was Donut Monster. Thank you. They they gave us like four dozen donuts, which is not If you want to give me donuts, that's nice, but like, give me two. There's nothing I can do with that many dons. I just had to start giving them away to people and then people like I don't want donuts. I'm like, well it's it's they're free, and they're like, yeah, I didn't think you were gonna charge me. Milwaukee, we did two shows that night, which is never my favorite, but it allows me to do laundry in the venue, which also isn't fun because I'm just down there in my underwear, shirtless, and like staff is just walking by, like what is going on? Is that the performer? And I'm like, yeah, it's just doing laundry.
Speaker 1: I think the first time I saw you do that just like, not wear anything other than you're washing everything. I'm like, huh, just wouldn't. I wouldn't pick you to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't have any I didn't have any extra clothes, and I want all of them to be clean. I'm not gonna keep pair on. So I'm just in my underwear water and I'm watching everybody's stuff, like my mother in law. You ever fold your mother in law's unmentionables? Huh? Any of you?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've done it so many times. I can't. I don't even care. I just you know, shake him out there. We go, put the fold there, and then Pete was like, hey, right after the show we're taken off, do you want me to fold the last load? I'm like, or put it in the in the bus. I'm like, no, I don't want you to touch I didn't want him touching my mother in law and my wife's, my daughter's panties, Pete's and he just kept on, I'll do it, It's no big deal. He kept pushing.
Speaker 1: Why what's going on?
Speaker 2: He kept pushing. He's like, I'll do it, no big deal. I don't yeah, I don't care. I'll close my eyes and do it. The hotel that I stayed at in Milwaukee, they had little ukuleles in the room, and my kids loved those so much that when I came home, my wife had bought two ukuleles, and I'm like, oh, I'm like, can't, can I couldn't. That just been like a moment for them, like a memory. Oh remember when we were playing with the ukuleles. Now I have to have two ukuleles, which eventually I will give to a guest. And then off to Madison, Wisconsin from Milwaukee. And that's a short drive and everyone loves Madison. But we had the same problem that most people have when you travel, where your hotel room won't let you check in till four o'clock and we're they're at noon, and I'm like, oh, this stinks. So now I'm stuck in the bus. My wife's like, we're gonna the girls are gonna grow Me and mom are gonna go run and get massages. I'm like, oh, great, I'll just sit in this bus while my daughter naps because I can't leave. Oh. And then then my wife came back and they're like, oh, the massages were great, so so me and my father in law went to get massages, and I'm gonna tell you something right now. I fell in love that massuse in Madison. Oh my goodness. She had tiny hands and she was so she talks so softly, and when she massaged you, if she was going to go do something in the room, she never let a hand leave your body. She would like go get something, but still kept her hand. Ah, she was magical. She didn't. It was nothing, you know a John moment. No, No, it was nothing. There was nothing sexual. This was just just a good massage. Felt amazing. The problem with Madison it was Sunday. We're in Madison, Wisconsin on Sunday, and we did two shows. And for whatever reason, now on tour on Sundays, if you add a second show, they put it before your first show. So I had an eight o'clock show and then I had a five o'clock show. And I don't care how liberal your town is. When you say the things that I say and it's still sunny outside, you feel kind of dirty. So I found that five o'clock show a bit awkward. Did you like it?
Speaker 1: It was No, they were tight. It was early. It's just so early.
Speaker 2: They were tight. You can't help it. If you're at a show at five o'clock, your body just knows that this is inappropriate behavior.
Speaker 1: What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we've got two days off. We've got a Monday and Tuesday. I used to work Mondays and Tuesdays. But the reality is you leave a lot of money on the table when you perform on a Monday or Tuesday. Your ticket sales just naturally fall off. I mean, unless you're just you know, at the peak of your popularity. But I have that ship is whoo, those days are long gone, so I need to wait till a Wednesday to start performing. So what am I gonna do with my two days off? I head up to Belgium Wisconsin. Ever even heard of it? Nope, none of us had plans really. Pete is like, I'm gonna go visit some family in Chicago. Eddie's like, I got some friends of the family at a lake house. I'm gonna go up there and go fishing. Did you catch anything cat one big pike, A pike? Yeah, I thought you caught walleye.
Speaker 1: No kid cut a walleye the night before. I got a pike. A lot of teeth on a pike.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna eat a pike.
Speaker 1: I threw it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get rid of it. Do you eat that walleye? Nope?
Speaker 1: Everyone went back with them. No, we wants to clean them. I get it.
Speaker 2: Huh, you're not really fishing. There's torture and animals were fishing. We're eating. No, fishing's eating.
Speaker 1: Well, you're.
Speaker 2: We stayed in Belgium, Wisconsin on the lake on on Lake Michigan, and my son and I went into Lake Michigan. Tons of dead little bait fish everywhere. Is that normal? What is that? Why are there thousands and thousands of dead fish on the water anyway? Uh, we went in the water. It was frigid. I mean, one of those where cold shock is going to hit you and you're gonna die. I got panicked. I told myself, I we get it out. I can't do this any longer. I'm not a cold plunger. But we stayed at this house and it was cute. It's kind of a ghost town. Went over to Port Washington, had some ice cream a little airstream and they did it right because they gave kid ice cream and a cone this big, and then they just put like a spoonful on top of it, and I'm like, genius. Nobody needs more ice cream than that for a child went to a breakfast place at PJ. Piper's Pancake House in Cedarberg. I'm sure people love it. My daughter was being a so that was that was tough. I mean just she was just out of control. But I didn't love it. The town there seemed quaint. I was just in these quaint little lakes towns. It was nice enough, but I was over it. I was like, Okay, I always say, oh, we could live here, this is beautiful, and then after like twenty four hours, I'm like, get me out of here, all right. Well, anyway, so two days in this little lake town and I was over it, Like let's get let's get back to work. We got to do our final big shows in Chicago at the Chicago Theater, a beautiful theater. Oh my goodness. Oh man, my father in law is impressed. If I ever actually told him how much we got paid to do shows, he would lose his mind. Uh. Anyway, we go to Chicago. We get dropped off at the hotel and what happens Immediately Pete and the bus driver drive to the venue.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then the bus driver who Pete had been just the whole time, singing his praises like this guy, I'm I'm a fan of this driver, which is weird because he you know, Pete's Jewish and this guy's got a huge crucifix on his chest. It's staying away Pete. It seems like they would be at odds. But he's like, no, no, he's good. He's to himself. He's on time. He drives. He drives a little slow, but I'd rather slow than than you know, somebody where you're getting thrown around when you're in the back well. Anyway, the two of them leave the hotel and they're driving to the venue, and they go on a bridge and just shave the top of the bus off that all the AC units, all the satellite TV just shave just just a couple hundred thousand dollars off the top of the bus. This bus is easy. One point five million are over. I forgot what band is owns it? What's name? It's a country band, right, little big town's bus. That's the bus I rented. But man, I could stare up through the AC and look at the sky. After their little bridge, it got wedged under the bridge. They had to get police to like let them back out of the road downtown Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I bailed out on foot. I just went to sound check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pete goes, hey, but I gotta go to a sound check. So he just jumped out and then got in a petty cab, which is also an I can't imagine that that was the right option, but it was hot, and Pete wanted to make a man huddle him to a venue. What it was an ee bike? Okay, I guess for some reason that's a little better. You're fine. You know, I couldn't use the bus anymore because there's just ninety degrees in there. Oh so hot. But thankfully it was the final shows, and the first show went great, Chicago crowd, amazing. Second show, second night, a little tight. That's how I like to end a tour with a show that's just like a little little tight. Hannibal Burris came out to that show. That was great to him, Chicago legend, just funny as always. As soon as I see him, I start laughing. He said he's running and owned his own or opened his own comedy club in New York. Good for him. I'm never I've never been that ambitious in Chicago during the day. Had to come up with an activity. So my children's museum. Chicago's got one of the greatest children's museum. Let's go over there. On the way there, we're all about to have heat stroke because we're walking along Lake Michigan. And then thankfully they have those not a water found by, like a splash pad. Kids could play in the water. You can smell that they put some chlorine in it. It's spraying every My kids are loving it, you know, they're they're going through it. It's the best part of the tour, I would think. And they're soaked. I'm like, take off your clothes and just you run around in your underwear and I'm trying to dry their clothes out in the sun. And then my son comes over to me and he's like, hey, Dad, I got I got a poop. And I'm like, okay, but we'ren't a bad spot right now because you're in your underwear and there's no bathrooms around here our closer, your clothes are soaking wet. I'm like, we got to just hide and we just I basically just make them climb over this park bench and we'll buy this piece of machinery and I might just squat down here. And he's like, but I can see people. I'm like, they're not looking at you. I'm just trying to block for them. And he just drops like a fifteen inch or I'm my good god. It was terrifying.
Speaker 1: Chicago dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put a pickle next to it. But I'm like, hey, what are you gonna do? I had no I had no option. I mean, I'm sure I did. But that's what he did. He just he just pooped in Chicao. That's what you do in Chicago. If you can poop outside, you do. It was nice here, you got We got right back into the fountain, clean himself up, stood over a get. He loved it. He loved that fountain. What did I ate in Chicago? You know? I ate deep dish? What we have Geno's the East And by the way, we had it two nights in a row. Who deep dish two nights in a row? And then I had uh. They also have a deep dish brownie. You ever heard of such a thing. It's a brownie that's no different than every other fucking brownie. Whatever they get me, because they called it deep dish Brownie. So I was like, what I'll find it was? It was a first night. It was in the shape of a circle, good enough, we all survived, flew home the next day, and uh, here we are in the studio. Best tour ever? Absolutely not, but it was. It was enjoyable. Favorite favorite show Milwaukee for me? What about you? I didn't have one.
Speaker 1: You got tie.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't have one. I didn't have a B I didn't have a best show. Maybe I did. I don't remember it, though.
Speaker 1: I remember coming off Sudden you really liked the Omaha crowd Omaha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it was Omaha. I don't know. I'm glad it's behind me.
Speaker 1: Well, we just keep going forward. We don't look back.
Speaker 2: Did you have a worst show?
Speaker 1: Worst show? First show, Madison? I felt like it was just it was too early I had.
Speaker 2: I had a three way tie for worst show, and I'll just I'll just leave it at that. I don't want I don't want the people in the cities to be I feel like, oh, I was at that show, I thought it was good, and I don't want them to know that in my heart it was garbage. Well, I can't wait to go on our next tour ready and hopefully they get that roof fixed on the bus. See next week